PDA

View Full Version : 2018 National Premier League thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

MFKS
21-05-2018, 06:45 AM
Agree ref was largely incompetent all game for many reasons. My question if a ref calls a decision even though it was wrong for a handball outside the box and gives a yellow for that decision and then awards a penalty for a different offence? which I think the goalie is entitled to go for the ball and they collided. I am a neutral and viewed the game as pretty end to end with no real dominance. I will have to watch the replay to see if I can see your view of dominance.
You are right they are entitled to do what they want. The players had stopped magic players were calling for the ball to be kicked out. 99% of the time the ball would be kicked out. In my eyes and may be my eyes only that is poor sportsmanship.

Dont know where you getting the hanfball from

I thought the foul was given for the collision.

Yes both were entitled to go for the ball and if either got to it late was always going to fiul the other.

In this case it was the keeper.

The only issue was the ref gave a free kick initially.

I think he sensed he got it wrong by the players and crowds reaction

After consulting with the linesman the coorect call was made.

Can see how the Olympic players reacted to it.

At 0-0 they accepted the changed call pretty well because they knew ot was a penalty

Stanley
21-05-2018, 09:08 AM
Agree ref was largely incompetent all game for many reasons. My question if a ref calls a decision even though it was wrong for a handball outside the box and gives a yellow for that decision and then awards a penalty for a different offence? which I think the goalie is entitled to go for the ball and they collided. I am a neutral and viewed the game as pretty end to end with no real dominance. I will have to watch the replay to see if I can see your view of dominance.
You are right they are entitled to do what they want. The players had stopped magic players were calling for the ball to be kicked out. 99% of the time the ball would be kicked out. In my eyes and may be my eyes only that is poor sportsmanship.

Agree with MFKS the score flattered Olympic, bar the first 15m Magic were all over Olympic. The ref and he isn't the only one was very inconsistent with the issue of yellow cards. To be honest I think both Virgili and Kale were oblivious to what was happening with Dino Faj they were both in Olympics half 50m away when Faj was down.

Fairgo
21-05-2018, 02:00 PM
Dont know where you getting the hanfball from

I thought the foul was given for the collision.

Yes both were entitled to go for the ball and if either got to it late was always going to fiul the other.

In this case it was the keeper.

The only issue was the ref gave a free kick initially.

I think he sensed he got it wrong by the players and crowds reaction

After consulting with the linesman the coorect call was made.
Can see how the Olympic players reacted to it.

At 0-0 they accepted the changed call pretty well because they knew ot was a penalty

The foul was given for a hand ball outside the box. I have not come up with this, this is what the call was after talking to the players. He then gave it as a penalty as the linesman said it was inside the box?? This call was not for the collision.

purplepatch
21-05-2018, 03:05 PM
I jinxed the Jaffas clean sheet but it still finished Maitland 2-3 Jaffas. On a side note, Matt Thompson and the Maitland keeper need ****ing muzzles. The first because he’s one of the most disrespectful players towards the ref I’ve heard in a while and for the keeper because he doesn’t stop screaming at his players for the entire game.

Energy and enthusiasm of Matt Thompson, Matt Trott and Matt Comerford are the only thing going for Maitland at present. Olympic can have their coach back and the "rejects". Very one dimensional coach. Organisation and structure revolve around Matt Thompson. They are not fit enough nor are there enough young legs to carry them through. Jaffas coasted in the second half. Supposedly lots of young lads on the bench didn't see them on the field bar one - Thom Duugan. Maitland 20's are best team in the club. Forget the rest 18's and below are nothing short of pitiful. Poor leadership (coaching). Must be very hard to find quality local coaches and by the lack of crowd for first grade yesterday not many in maitland are too concerned about the best of what they have to offer.

ForeverBlack
21-05-2018, 03:30 PM
Energy and enthusiasm of Matt Thompson, Matt Trott and Matt Comerford are the only thing going for Maitland at present. Olympic can have their coach back and the "rejects". Very one dimensional coach. Organisation and structure revolve around Matt Thompson. They are not fit enough nor are there enough young legs to carry them through. Jaffas coasted in the second half. Supposedly lots of young lads on the bench didn't see them on the field bar one - Thom Duugan. Maitland 20's are best team in the club. Forget the rest 18's and below are nothing short of pitiful. Poor leadership (coaching). Must be very hard to find quality local coaches and by the lack of crowd for first grade yesterday not many in maitland are too concerned about the best of what they have to offer.

Maybe you need to open your eyes regarding young players then Purplepatch. Maitland's side yesterday had Zac Thomas. Chris Fayers . James Thompson and Louis Townsend all starting who are all 19 or 20 year olds. And on the bench you had both Duggan brothers and Yates who are all 18 or 19. So that is 7 players out of a squad of 14 that were under 20. Jaffas coasted in the second half . Looked more on bartv like they hung on by their fingernails at the end of the game and Maitland finished all over the top of them.
May have looked different to you live at the ground perhaps

purplepatch
21-05-2018, 03:38 PM
Maybe you need to open your eyes regarding young players then Purplepatch. Maitland's side yesterday had Zac Thomas. Chris Fayers . James Thompson and Louis Townsend all starting who are all 19 or 20 year olds. And on the bench you had both Duggan brothers and Yates who are all 18 or 19. So that is 7 players out of a squad of 14 that were under 20. Jaffas coasted in the second half . Looked more on bartv like they hung on by their fingernails at the end of the game and Maitland finished all over the top of them.
May have looked different to you live at the ground perhaps

Forever. I sincerely apologise. You are correct. Lots of young lads then. They probably need the likes of the three M's (Trott Thompson and Commerford) to help them around the park. More time on the park, more experience gained and mentoring provided by the senior lads then.

hamburgler
21-05-2018, 03:41 PM

Crowd numbers have really dropped off over the last year or so. Something has surely caused this disconnection from the local community. I remember big crowds at home games a few years back but I have been twice this year and tiny crowd and no atmosphere except from screaming by certain Maitland players

ForeverBlack
21-05-2018, 03:49 PM
Crowd numbers have really dropped off over the last year or so. Something has surely caused this disconnection from the local community. I remember big crowds at home games a few years back but I have been twice this year and tiny crowd and no atmosphere except from screaming by certain Maitland players

Agree with crowd numbers hamburgler. I think it's across the whole comp . Watched Jaffas Olympic last weekend and Edgy Lakes on Saturday and both hardly had anyone there. Possibly a mix of $10 entry fee and you can now watch every game on bartv ?

purplepatch
21-05-2018, 03:51 PM

Hamburger you better ask Foreever Black. How many of those youngsters have come through the ranks of the maitland reserves and third grade. Not one. Some years ago when firsts team was truly a local team where the community connected to first grade. It must be hard to please them all and players move on. However Kelly (Adamstown) and Broadley (Magic) are still going strong and cant get a start at Maitland. Just imagine Broadley in the mix. Wow the community would be back then.

purplepatch
21-05-2018, 03:53 PM
Agree with crowd numbers hamburgler. I think it's across the whole comp . Watched Jaffas Olympic last weekend and Edgy Lakes on Saturday and both hardly had anyone there. Possibly a mix of $10 entry fee and you can now watch every game on bartv ?

Agree. Agree. Five dollar concession is not bad but paying to take your car in.

hamburgler
21-05-2018, 04:11 PM
Hamburger you better ask Foreever Black. How many of those youngsters have come through the ranks of the maitland reserves and third grade. Not one. Some years ago when firsts team was truly a local team where the community connected to first grade. It must be hard to please them all and players move on. However Kelly (Adamstown) and Broadley (Magic) are still going strong and cant get a start at Maitland. Just imagine Broadley in the mix. Wow the community would be back then.

I agree, massive turnover at club over the last couple of years and even the young lads mentioned, 3 are new recruits and 2 went to club during 2017 I believe.

ForeverBlack
21-05-2018, 05:26 PM
I agree, massive turnover at club over the last couple of years and even the young lads mentioned, 3 are new recruits and 2 went to club during 2017 I believe.

Yeah massive turnover last 3 years. But you find this at all of the clubs that get promoted. Lakes , Valo , Adamstown all have had massive player turnover since winning promotion. Not many clubs can compete with the same squad that wins promotion, the gulf between npl and newfm.is ginormous.
The same with demoted clubs. How many players are still at Southy from the side that got relegated a couple of years ago. They are all at Cooks Hill now aren't they

ForeverBlack
21-05-2018, 05:31 PM

Couldn't tell you how many of them have came through the juniors. Maitland juniors have been poor for years and a lot of kids from the area head to the big lights i town or to Weston. I think James Thompson and Chris Fayers are local boys. Hopefully this means local boys are coming back to the club.
As for Broadley and Kelly , pretty sure they were moved on under Piggo. Probably leading to his departure

halo se7en
21-05-2018, 06:21 PM
Yeah I was surprised by the lack of numbers at the Maitland v Lambton game. The few people around me mostly seemed to be going for Lambton as well.

Not Maradona
22-05-2018, 01:00 PM
Hearing Cavaliere to NPL1 Victorian side this week. Edgy can only replace with an existing player until PPS window opens 25th June.

Blueboy
22-05-2018, 01:05 PM
Sour grapes mate, son not getting a gig?

Walker
22-05-2018, 07:29 PM
Hearing Cavaliere to NPL1 Victorian side this week. Edgy can only replace with an existing player until PPS window opens 25th June.

Yep confirmed in the Herald
What is it with Edgy and blooding players for Vic NPL
I suppose success leads to opportunities and good luck to Nate and all players wanting to look to better themselves
Coach Zane is a youth man and has had young Low there for a few seasons now, getting him ready for this opportunity
So no problems, but Nate will be hard to replace

Blueboy
24-05-2018, 03:57 PM
Another player exit at Olympic
Shaun Pratt too Maitland

MFKS
24-05-2018, 05:03 PM
Another player exit at Olympic
Shaun Pratt too Maitland

Probably not impressed with playing u 20s like he was last week

Stanley
25-05-2018, 09:43 AM
Yep confirmed in the Herald
What is it with Edgy and blooding players for Vic NPL
I suppose success leads to opportunities and good luck to Nate and all players wanting to look to better themselves
Coach Zane is a youth man and has had young Low there for a few seasons now, getting him ready for this opportunity
So no problems, but Nate will be hard to replace

Jim Foley was the youth man, not Zane. Foley brought youth to Edgeworth, that was Edgy's idea of youth development.

GO AWAY
25-05-2018, 02:42 PM
Jim Foley was the youth man, not Zane. Foley brought youth to Edgeworth, that was Edgy's idea of youth development.

Brice, Moore, Taylor all Azzurri juniors I think ? Loe was also there in U19 you will find.

mervan
25-05-2018, 08:13 PM
Brice, Moore, Taylor all Azzurri juniors I think ? Loe was also there in U19 you will find.

Name a club that promotes there own Juniors, its a fallacy.

Some clubs have promoted good young players that they have attracted to there club, ie Edgeworth.

If you went through each clubs roster of 20 you will find very few local juniors

Stanley
26-05-2018, 06:38 AM
Name a club that promotes there own Juniors, its a fallacy.

Some clubs have promoted good young players that they have attracted to there club, ie Edgeworth.

If you went through each clubs roster of 20 you will find very few local juniors

Don't disagree, all I'm saying is that Edgeworths youth policy was to employ Jim Foley. I'd be interested to know how many A-league careers have been launched from NPL clubs in NNSW, I know Hoffman played at Olympic and Hoole at Magic

MFKS
26-05-2018, 06:12 PM
Jaffas 2
Crowley Ryan Grifff

Lakes 1
Sam Walker

Lakes are the most frustrating side to watch
Play as well or better than their opponent but find ways to concede easily and throw games away

Left Arthur Edden and headed out to Edgy for the twilight game.

If Edgy want to play at this time can they invest in some lights FFS

It like 5 candles and some Ford Falcon Headlights illuminating the pitch

MFKS
26-05-2018, 07:08 PM
0-0 HT Edgy v Valo

Maybe if the ground was better lit the Edgy players could find the goal.

Could have had 20 in the first half.

On another note is it possible to turn the lights on in the shitters here for a night game??

Not exactly good for kids and women or the elderly to have to go into an unlit public toilet

MFKS
26-05-2018, 08:03 PM
FT

Edgy 1-0

Bower with a gial after a richochet fortuitously gave him an open net with 5 to go

Edgy even gave an apology about the toilet fiasco over the PA

Blamed Lake Mac Council for it

MFKS
27-05-2018, 05:19 PM
FT
0-0
Magic v Maitland

Good game
Good contest

ForeverBlack
27-05-2018, 06:11 PM
Clarke should have won it at the death

ForeverRed
27-05-2018, 06:17 PM
Clarke should have won it at the death
Pretty original moniker there black, very unique zzzzzz

MFKS
27-05-2018, 06:39 PM

You too should get together and have an Edgy supporter

Lol

ForeverBlack
27-05-2018, 06:44 PM
My parents named me after their favourite member of the forum.
Can i call you Uncle Red

MFKS
27-05-2018, 06:46 PM
So half way through the season now

What everyones thoughts on who finishing where??

For me

Top 3

Edgy
Magic
Jaffas

I dont really think any of them will break too far away from each other and the Minor Premiership.will be a tight tussle between them

I think Magic looking good this year to go all the way though

Maitland and Azzurri to battle it out for the final spot with the result being determined really by Maitland. I think they are the stronger side but just lacking goals and it will be their results who determine whether they play finals or not

Olympic Jets just outside the playoffs

Buds Lakes and Weston looking to next year

Valo with the Spoon

hamburgler
27-05-2018, 07:56 PM
You too should get together and have an Edgy supporter

Lol

😂

Alton
28-05-2018, 01:53 PM
My parents named me after their favourite member of the forum.
Can i call you Uncle Red
Where is Red?

Walker
28-05-2018, 02:15 PM
Disappointing from Azzurri, Ireland, Smart,Sullini, Ljubo, Tull, Minors, Ferguson, Smith and they cant scrap out a win over a bunch of kids.
Obviously good kids, that’s not my point, but that experience should be able to hold out against jets youth
Then for Ljubo and Tanch to carry on like pork chops after getting beaten, get out of this league ya grubs, take a loss and move on, what do either of you care, you both get your dollars

Walker
28-05-2018, 02:17 PM
And how long can Sills hold on at Valo, not just poor in first grade but 20’s as well, nothing coming thru

Surely the valentine committee must be looking into the future

Need a quality coach that can attract names

immersion
28-05-2018, 05:32 PM
Disappointing from Azzurri, Ireland, Smart,Sullini, Ljubo, Tull, Minors, Ferguson, Smith and they cant scrap out a win over a bunch of kids.
Obviously good kids, that’s not my point, but that experience should be able to hold out against jets youth
Then for Ljubo and Tanch to carry on like pork chops after getting beaten, get out of this league ya grubs, take a loss and move on, what do either of you care, you both get your dollars

Worse than the words that may have been said is this tackle at the end of the game: https://youtu.be/EpqpLEc-m7Y?t=6859 (link take you to the time of the tackle).

How the referee let that go without any form of card is reprehensible. The whistle is blown for the end of the game immediately after the tackle, which doesn't discount the tackle itself.

Referee's top priority surely must be player safety? That Ref should be disciplined for lack of any action.

Azzurri should (but won't do anyting as they seem to condone this type of tackling) fine or suspend the player, just my opinion. And as for Davison's reputation what a low act, he munched a teenage kid good for him.

ForeverRed
28-05-2018, 05:45 PM
good discipline shown by the young jet player, pretty average challenge, I like how the video shows the Ljubo and McKinna incident also

MFKS
28-05-2018, 06:11 PM
And how long can Sills hold on at Valo, not just poor in first grade but 20’s as well, nothing coming thru

They got one of the largest junior clubs in town

How about they get their shit together and stop underachieving??

Dont forget they are also a viable option for Gypsy Coast players to play in the Newy comp

So they have very little excuse for not having decent players

prawnhead
28-05-2018, 06:48 PM
Worse than the words that may have been said is this tackle at the end of the game: https://youtu.be/EpqpLEc-m7Y?t=6859 (link take you to the time of the tackle).

How the referee let that go without any form of card is reprehensible. The whistle is blown for the end of the game immediately after the tackle, which doesn't discount the tackle itself.

Referee's top priority surely must be player safety? That Ref should be disciplined for lack of any action.

Azzurri should (but won't do anyting as they seem to condone this type of tackling) fine or suspend the player, just my opinion. And as for Davison's reputation what a low act, he munched a teenage kid good for him.

Was a very ordinary challenge on the young fella. For 16 years old he’s an exceptional talent. Very highly regarded at obviously the Jets but also at the national level. A great kid too I’m told. Obviously part of playing in this league is to toughen them up and get them used to the rigours of competing against men. I’m sure the Jets are all over it but there’s a fine balance in exposing a young lad in these sorts of comps. I’m looking forward to following his development and wish him well.

immersion
28-05-2018, 07:42 PM
Was a very ordinary challenge on the young fella. For 16 years old he’s an exceptional talent. Very highly regarded at obviously the Jets but also at the national level. A great kid too I’m told. Obviously part of playing in this league is to toughen them up and get them used to the rigours of competing against men. I’m sure the Jets are all over it but there’s a fine balance in exposing a young lad in these sorts of comps. I’m looking forward to following his development and wish him well.

There is toughening someone up, then theirs this rubbish. I am not having a dig at your comment, it just irritates me how a person could cowardly kick another person like this. Let alone an adult kicking a kid.

Tull runs in to ensure there is no bust up after the tackle. Even he knew it was bad. I couldn't see another club comitting a tackle that cowardly.

prawnhead
28-05-2018, 09:14 PM
There is toughening someone up, then theirs this rubbish. I am not having a dig at your comment, it just irritates me how a person could cowardly kick another person like this. Let alone an adult kicking a kid.

Tull runs in to ensure there is no bust up after the tackle. Even he knew it was bad. I couldn't see another club comitting a tackle that cowardly.

No offence taken mate and completely agree with you.

Blueboy
29-05-2018, 01:14 AM
The standard of refereeing is a joke. How this ref didn’t send him off is beyond me. Didn’t even speak to him.

immersion
29-05-2018, 09:55 AM
No offence taken mate and completely agree with you.

:).

The standard of refereeing is a joke. How this ref didn’t send him off is beyond me. Didn’t even speak to him.

Couldn't agree more.

Alton
29-05-2018, 01:40 PM

They will be one of the four Northern investigate, stay tuned!

Walker
29-05-2018, 03:15 PM

Investigate for what, under achievers ?

MFKS
29-05-2018, 04:32 PM

Northerns 3 year no relegation thing is now turning into a bit of a farce

Weston and Olympic have at least gone the take a step back to take 2 steps forward by blooding youth in this time and will be better for it in years to come.

There are though a couple of clubs where you have to ask WTF are they doing.

They have had a stay of grace to get up to the standards of the NPL and have done very little to bridge the gap.

This no relegation shit needs to stop

Every year it should be Champions of New FM up last in NPL down and a playoff with 2nd in New FM and 2nd last in NPL or the other spot

Shake the shit up and stop allowing mediocrity to permeate the comp

ForeverRed
29-05-2018, 09:29 PM

Weston and Olympic have at least gone the take a step back to take 2 steps forward by blooding youth in this time and will be better for it in years to come.

They have had a stay of grace to get up to the standards of the NPL and have done very little to bridge the gap.

Every year it should be Champions of New FM up last in NPL down and a playoff with 2nd in New FM and 2nd last in NPL or the other spot

The moment they changed the point system after one year changed everything, the big money clubs pushed for change and got it, nothing will change until the points system makes it even

Swanky
29-05-2018, 10:45 PM
The moment they changed the point system after one year changed everything, the big money clubs pushed for change and got it, nothing will change until the points system makes it even

The points system is a joke all teams rort the system

De-Champ
30-05-2018, 10:41 AM

Isn't this year the last year with no relegation.

namwob99
30-05-2018, 11:09 AM
Spot on!
It was too hard for them and nnswf bowed to the big clubs.

The Magician
30-05-2018, 11:16 AM
Spot on!
It was too hard for them and nnswf bowed to the big clubs.

Wrong... the PFA took FFA to the anti discrimination commission for the age based penalties in the original PPS and pulled it just before launch, switching player penalty was also changed... Big clubs had nothing to do with it, they dont get asked about the criteria, they just have to abide by it.

Stanley
31-05-2018, 10:14 AM

Red, the NPL consists of 11 clubs, each with an equal say, NPL administration 101

ForeverRed
31-05-2018, 04:55 PM
I’ll tell you a fact, nsw npl clubs pushed the change, northerns point system was already watered down to begin with, FFA made the changes and the point system then became pointless, pardon the pun, magician must be a bit paranoid if he thought I was talking about, seems like it

ForeverRed
31-05-2018, 04:57 PM
Wrong... the PFA took FFA to the anti discrimination commission for the age based penalties in the original PPS and pulled it just before launch, switching player penalty was also changed... Big clubs had nothing to do with it, they dont get asked about the criteria, they just have to abide by it.

This happened after one year, not before the launch as you state, the big clubs from nsw npl got the pfa involved

ForeverRed
31-05-2018, 07:14 PM
Red, the NPL consists of 11 clubs, each with an equal say, NPL administration 101

I struggle to believe that unfortunately

Imyourhero
31-05-2018, 07:29 PM
Trash the points system. It is not the answer to our problems

Stanley
01-06-2018, 04:11 AM
I struggle to believe that unfortunately

And by big clubs, who are you referring to

ForeverRed
01-06-2018, 12:02 PM
Nsw npl

halo se7en
02-06-2018, 03:13 PM
Anyone else venturing out to Edgy v Jaffas? 3.30 on Edgy to win and both teams to score looks good.

halo se7en
02-06-2018, 04:20 PM
Anyone else venturing out to Edgy v Jaffas? 3.30 on Edgy to win and both teams to score looks good.

The moment I put $ on that, it was bound to finish 0-0 which it is at HT.

MFKS
02-06-2018, 04:27 PM
The moment I put $ on that, it was bound to finish 0-0 which it is at HT.

Good game though

Think there wiil be a goal in it though

Jaffas bringing Jobe on for 2nd half

MFKS
02-06-2018, 05:16 PM
Told you there be a goal

2 of them

1-1 Edgy v Jaffas

Cawley for Edgy

Duncan with alate header to level it up for Jaffas

Swanky
03-06-2018, 09:53 AM
Azzurri v Olympic is Off

ForeverBlack
03-06-2018, 11:04 AM
Azzurri v Olympic is Off

After one night of rain ?

MFKS
03-06-2018, 11:04 AM
Azzurri v Olympic is Off

First wash out of the season

First bit of rain and the princesses call it off and protect the grass

Maybe need to spend some money on their ground rather than trying to buy a comp

Swanky
03-06-2018, 01:39 PM
No 1st grade games should be called before 12pm

MFKS
03-06-2018, 03:11 PM
No 1st grade games should be called before 12pm

Adamstown are playing all 3 grades

There is barely a dent in the surface after the first 2

Dont Azzurri have some injuries??
Convenient way to avoid playing game them and have then back later??

I assuming we cant play in 10 days time as the FFA Cup qualifiers be on that week assuming the North Coast sides get eliminated

So the Olympic match most likely be 2.5 weeks away

:whistling:
Bit of a joke really

MFKS
03-06-2018, 05:16 PM
FT
Jets Yoof 2
Rosebuds 1

20s Buds 4-1
18s Jets 2-0

Give it one thing Buds are improving from when I seen them last

Jets are also going well.
Labi has them actually muscling up a bit more than in recent years.and learning how to "compete" more
Not just a side who will win and win well but a side who can win ugly

Actually what they need to be doing when coming into senior football

Learning how to stay in contests and win

BP Super Dynamos
03-06-2018, 06:28 PM
Bears beat the Pies 3-2. Both sides were poor

ForeverRed
03-06-2018, 07:15 PM
Watched the bears v Maitland; one of he worst games I’ve watched in a long time, basics such as controlling a simple pass were atrocious; good luck to the young Weston team, if they stick together they’ll be a force in years to come

Johnno
03-06-2018, 10:49 PM
Watched the bears v Maitland; one of he worst games I’ve watched in a long time, basics such as controlling a simple pass were atrocious; good luck to the young Weston team, if they stick together they’ll be a force in years to come

No surprise their Red, Bears young and inexperienced in the main bar 3 players the better side of 30 yrs. Maitland a side of individuals with a Coach that can’t Coach has always had superstar big name players in his side and won one Premiership in total at Olympic. Pies staring down missing semis for 3rd time in 3 yrs since being promoted with current and previous players on big coin.

hamburgler
03-06-2018, 10:50 PM

Was a very poor game agree FR.

Good on Weston giving g a few young guys a chance, and it should set them up well for the future

GO AWAY
04-06-2018, 12:33 PM
Was a very poor game agree FR.

Good on Weston giving g a few young guys a chance, and it should set them up well for the future

Piggo usually puts trust in young legs

MFKS
04-06-2018, 05:32 PM
Adamstown are playing all 3 grades

There is barely a dent in the surface after the first 2

Dont Azzurri have some injuries??
Convenient way to avoid playing game them and have then back later??

I assuming we cant play in 10 days time as the FFA Cup qualifiers be on that week assuming the North Coast sides get eliminated

So the Olympic match most likely be 2.5 weeks away

:whistling:
Bit of a joke really

Game rescheduled for Wednesday 20th June

What a surprise.

Wonder how many returns from injury Azurri will have ??

Walker
04-06-2018, 07:59 PM
Game rescheduled for Wednesday 20th June

What a surprise.

Wonder how many returns from injury Azurri will have ??

I can’t believe other clubs will let Azzurri get away with this

2018 NPL competition rules 14.1clearly states that any washout game will be replayed the Wednesday the 2nd week after postponement

Couple of things, FFA cup should have no effect on NPL competition rules

Who says Azzurri make it thru to round scheduled for 13th.

If Azzurri make it thru to next round of FFA cup they should have to manage their position ie decide if they want to progress in FFA or push to gather points in NPL comp
They have players at their disposal

I think they are getting off easy, soft decision to call yesterday off, only ground in a NPL to do so.

Come on Northern, grow some balls, stand firm on the rules for your competition

Walker
04-06-2018, 08:05 PM
Question
Are next round games played at Speers Point on The Wednesday night?
Assuming no north coast teams win on Saturday

If not I presume it would go to draw and first team drawn out is home,
Funny if Azzurri drew Olympic

MFKS
04-06-2018, 09:05 PM
I can’t believe other clubs will let Azzurri get away with this

2018 NPL competition rules 14.1clearly states that any washout game will be replayed the Wednesday the 2nd week after postponement

Couple of things, FFA cup should have no effect on NPL competition rules

Who says Azzurri make it thru to round scheduled for 13th.

If Azzurri make it thru to next round of FFA cup they should have to manage their position ie decide if they want to progress in FFA or push to gather points in NPL comp
They have players at their disposal

I think they are getting off easy, soft decision to call yesterday off, only ground in a NPL to do so.

Come on Northern, grow some balls, stand firm on the rules for your competition

Dont forget Olympic are also in the FFA Cup as well

Playing Saturday playing Monday in the cup.and then Wednesday in the NPL for either club wouldnt be fair

It was always going to be outside the midweek after the postponement

What really is a joke is that a ground on the top of a hill couldnt get a game in yesterday.
If Rosebuds can get 3 grades in on a ground built on the low lands on old swamp then no excuses at Azzurri

Maybe they should be removed from the comp again until they meet the criteria of having a decent playing facility

immersion
04-06-2018, 09:14 PM
Dont forget Olympic are also in the FFA Cup as well

Playing Saturday playing Monday in the cup.and then Wednesday in the NPL for either club wouldnt be fair

It was always going to be outside the midweek after the postponement

What really is a joke is that a ground on the top of a hill couldnt get a game in yesterday.
If Rosebuds can get 3 grades in on a ground built on the low lands on old swamp then no excuses at Azzurri

Maybe they should be removed from the comp again until they meet the criteria of having a decent playing facility

The way Azzurri acted last week against the jets is grounds for removal from the comp IMO.

Alton
05-06-2018, 01:34 PM
The way Azzurri acted last week against the jets is grounds for removal from the comp IMO.

Are they one of the four being audited by Northern?

immersion
05-06-2018, 04:01 PM
Are they one of the four being audited by Northern?

I am unaware of any auditing taking place for any club sorry. My comment was in relation to player and coaching staff behaviour.

Alton
05-06-2018, 04:36 PM
I am unaware of any auditing taking place for any club sorry. My comment was in relation to player and coaching staff behaviour.

They are auditing 4 clubs in how they cope with added workload for volunteers, my thoughts are they will find out more than that.

immersion
05-06-2018, 07:26 PM
They are auditing 4 clubs in how they cope with added workload for volunteers, my thoughts are they will find out more than that.

It's a crazy amount of work these club officials put in week in, week out for no compensation other than enjoyment.

2 or 3 community officers would go along way to helping clubs with their weekly to do lists i would imagine.

MFKS
05-06-2018, 07:34 PM
It's a crazy amount of work these club officials put in week in, week out for no compensation other than enjoyment.

2 or 3 community officers would go along way to helping clubs with their weekly to do lists i would imagine.

Northern staff give up their seat on the gravy train??

Not likely

EH9
05-06-2018, 07:44 PM

This would only come at a higher financial cost for the clubs to fund the federation to cover the wages. May as well pay their own people to do the work.

immersion
05-06-2018, 08:20 PM
Northern staff give up their seat on the gravy train??

Not likely

This would only come at a higher financial cost for the clubs to fund the federation to cover the wages. May as well pay their own people to do the work.

You guys are right 100%.

Though i am sure they are making enough profit with the ridiculous high fees charged to play and the profit they earn from the Football 5's complex to fund this.

And if their audit comes back and says club are doing to much. What do we all think they would recommend?

Bremsstrahlung
06-06-2018, 08:18 AM
They will recommend clubs pay an allowance to some club roles.
Funded of course by the clubs.
And appointing such a position must be approved by NNSWF, whom charge an application fee, and administration fee as they will be the ones making the transaction between clubs and “employees” because leaving clubs in charge of it would just be another job for already under the pump clubs to manage. So really NNSW are making it easier.

immersion
06-06-2018, 02:53 PM
They will recommend clubs pay an allowance to some club roles.
Funded of course by the clubs.
And appointing such a position must be approved by NNSWF, whom charge an application fee, and administration fee as they will be the ones making the transaction between clubs and “employees” because leaving clubs in charge of it would just be another job for already under the pump clubs to manage. So really NNSW are making it easier.

Probably a reasonale guess.

Didn't the Lambton Jaffers give someone a part time role for a year or so a while back? Was that person ran through NNSW or just the Jaffers?

MFKS
06-06-2018, 05:28 PM
Probably a reasonale guess.

Didn't the Lambton Jaffers give someone a part time role for a year or so a while back? Was that person ran through NNSW or just the Jaffers?

Umm slow down

This is a bit of a joke really if clubs at this level need to pay people to run the club

I understand coaches and players getting paid but this is exactly where the game in this country is ****ed up
No way in the world should administrators get paid for their role at clubs

There is a shitload of money in the game in this country
We just have so many people talking it out of the game for their own benefit

We need to actually start getting on top of this.

Blokes in the 7th or 8th level in Australia shouldnt be getting paid the money NBN level players are getting
No way in gods green earth

MFKS
08-06-2018, 10:54 AM
Does anyone know the name of the Olympic Keeper?

Tyler Warren??

Alton
08-06-2018, 03:26 PM
Tyler Warren??

Hook, line and sinker MFKS, Goalpost getting his name out there!!

Walker
16-06-2018, 12:23 PM
How tough is Nathan Verity. Just read that he played over 75mins on Wednesday night with a fractured jaw. Great effort when his team needed him.

More like this current NPL crop, leave the handbags in the sheds

magician
17-06-2018, 06:38 PM
Hamilton 4-1 over the buds
Maitland 5-1 over Charlestown
Jets valo 2-2

ForeverBlack
17-06-2018, 08:30 PM
Hamilton 4-1 over the buds
Maitland 5-1 over Charlestown
Jets valo 2-2

Very tight at the top now from 1st to 6th.
Huge game midweek between Charlestown and Olympic

Johnno
17-06-2018, 09:17 PM

What price Charlestown call off after their heavy schedule recently despite playing every fixture up there since calling the original game off despite their being more rain before those games than the original Olympic match?

Walker
17-06-2018, 09:50 PM
Yes old legs looking very tired at Azzurri,

Predicted rain might save them

ForeverBlack
17-06-2018, 10:01 PM
Yes old legs looking very tired at Azzurri,

Predicted rain might save them

What old legs apart from Ljubo and Smith ?

cobra23
18-06-2018, 01:47 PM
What old legs apart from Ljubo and Smith ?

sullini, goodchild , mcnaugton , tull , fergurson ,
just to name a couple more

ForeverBlack
18-06-2018, 02:07 PM
sullini, goodchild , mcnaugton , tull , fergurson ,
just to name a couple more

Goodchild and McNaughton are both not playing.
Sullini didn't play , Tull is around 30 and Ferguson probably 28. Surely they can play 3 games in 8 days.

Imyourhero
18-06-2018, 02:53 PM
Does anybody know if NPL Victoria has a similar forum to ours?

Walker
18-06-2018, 03:08 PM
Goodchild and McNaughton are both not playing.
Sullini didn't play , Tull is around 30 and Ferguson probably 28. Surely they can play 3 games in 8 days.

Tully is 31 but probably the fittest player in the comp
Ferguson is 30

There were definitely some tired legs running around yesterday at cooks square, so maybe they can’t handle 3games in 8 days, you can’t say they backed up well
Plus another game midweek this week

Hopefully Olympic can roll them

ForeverBlack
18-06-2018, 03:29 PM
Tully is 31 but probably the fittest player in the comp
Ferguson is 30

There were definitely some tired legs running around yesterday at cooks square, so maybe they can’t handle 3games in 8 days, you can’t say they backed up well
Plus another game midweek this week

Hopefully Olympic can roll them

Long odds of Lisle Carr being playable this Wednesday with the rain we are getting. It was very heavy last Wednesday night for the ffa cup match

Y Bloo?
18-06-2018, 04:55 PM
Long odds of Lisle Carr being playable this Wednesday with the rain we are getting. It was very heavy last Wednesday night for the ffa cup match
Very unlikely to play. Especially with 18s and 20s to play there on Tuesday night. Can't see all 3 going ahead if any.

MFKS
18-06-2018, 08:28 PM

Azzurri on the slide out of the semis

Olympic are looking better every week and may well gate crash the top 4 if they keep improving

Shame they got a poor keeper though

magician
18-06-2018, 08:35 PM

Olympic are looking better every week and may well gate crash the top 4 if they keep improving

Bad keeper or just bad defensively
Seemed Ohk last year

MFKS
18-06-2018, 09:41 PM
Bad keeper or just bad defensively
Seemed Ohk last year

Last year...

The defence ??
Or the keeper ??

magician
18-06-2018, 10:11 PM
Last year...

The defence ??
Or the keeper ??

Both

Swanky
19-06-2018, 06:03 AM

The keeper goes good saves them early on against Adamstown
Obviously you have an agenda to get him sacked he is still only a young kid learning his trade keepers mature at an older age then field players. Look at swancot he is in his 40’s and I’m sure Ireland is in his 30’s. I would say Tyler is not that old yet and he is improving game by game

Blueboy
19-06-2018, 11:24 AM
Obviously you have an agenda to get him sacked he is still only a young kid learning his trade keepers mature at an older age then field players. Look at swancot he is in his 40’s and I’m sure Ireland is in his 30’s. I would say Tyler is not that old yet and he is improving game by game

Ireland is only 27, and easily the best keeper in the comp.

Walker
19-06-2018, 12:13 PM

Is this when a NNSWF should step in an make games be played at regional facility

Games need to be played and all weather pitch sitting there

Game goes ahead, no backlog, no damage to local pitch.

Seems simple to me

ForeverBlack
19-06-2018, 12:31 PM
Is this when a NNSWF should step in an make games be played at regional facility

Games need to be played and all weather pitch sitting there

Game goes ahead, no backlog, no damage to local pitch.

Seems simple to me

The Jets youth train there 5 nights a week until 8.15pm so it would be nearly impossible to play midweek catch up games there.
It is Charlestowns home game so it is their decision whether their pitch is playable or not

Alton
19-06-2018, 01:20 PM
Ireland is only 27, and easily the best keeper in the comp.

Texas Ranger
19-06-2018, 03:51 PM
The Jets youth train there 5 nights a week until 8.15pm so it would be nearly impossible to play midweek catch up games there.
It is Charlestowns home game so it is their decision whether their pitch is playable or not
Decision on pitch being playable will depend on what 1st graders are fit. That's what decided it not being playable a few weeks ago.

De-Champ
19-06-2018, 03:57 PM
Decision on pitch being playable will depend on what 1st graders are fit. That's what decided it not being playable a few weeks ago.

Isn't the referee who decides whether to play or not.

GO AWAY
19-06-2018, 04:05 PM

Baaaahahaha yeah mate, pitch really should be ok to play on tonight and tomorrow, it"s only because we have first graders out, please no ground in Newcastle would be on this week, give the Azurri bagging up. It would be off because uuummmmmm ....... Its too wet

Texas Ranger
19-06-2018, 04:31 PM
Baaaahahaha yeah mate, pitch really should be ok to play on tonight and tomorrow, it"s only because we have first graders out, please no ground in Newcastle would be on this week, give the Azurri bagging up. It would be off because uuummmmmm ....... Its too wet
So why was it called off a couple of weeks ago uuummmmmm..........?

GO AWAY
19-06-2018, 06:39 PM
So why was it called off a couple of weeks ago uuummmmmm..........?

Uuuuum too wet ?

MFKS
19-06-2018, 07:33 PM
No agenda just opinion

Olympic had the best keeper in the comp in Danny Ireland and lost him for whatever reason.

They then went out failed to sign anyone and put Warren in there.

I reckon there is 6/7 floating around the comp who would comfortably be better than him

Watching the bloke a few times recently and Olympic dont have a quality keeper is my thoughts

ForeverBlack
19-06-2018, 07:41 PM
No agenda just opinion

Olympic had the best keeper in the comp in Danny Ireland and lost him for whatever reason.

They then went out failed to sign anyone and put Warren in there.

I reckon there is 6/7 floating around the comp who would comfortably be better than him

Watching the bloke a few times recently and Olympic dont have a quality keeper is my thoughts
Warren was the Olympic keeper for most of last year after Ireland stopped playing in about Round 6. Warren played the rest of the season in first grade including the finals.
Was good enough last year in a side that ran second or third ?

MFKS
19-06-2018, 07:53 PM
Warren was the Olympic keeper for most of last year after Ireland stopped playing in about Round 6. Warren played the rest of the season in first grade including the finals.
Was good enough last year in a side that ran second or third ?

Ireland
Kelly
Bitz
Trott
Swancott
Edgys keeper whatever his name is
Weston Keeper

I would take over Warren any day of the week

Jets Yoof different kettle of fish as he will be playing above NPL one day

Valos keeper i dont rate
Nor Lakes keeper

So he probably better than 2 keepers in the League

Blueboy
19-06-2018, 09:39 PM
Ireland
Kelly
Bitz
Trott
Swancott
Edgys keeper whatever his name is
Weston Keeper

I would take over Warren any day of the week

Jets Yoof different kettle of fish as he will be playing above NPL one day

Valos keeper i dont rate
Nor Lakes keeper

So he probably better than 2 keepers in the League

What’s your name? I reckon we could name heaps of players better than you

Swanky
19-06-2018, 10:36 PM
What’s your name? I reckon we could name heaps of players better than you

His name is Keyboard Warrior

I would rate Tyler in the top 5 of NNSW npl keepers

ForeverBlack
19-06-2018, 10:39 PM
His name is Keyboard Warrior

I would rate Tyler in the top 5 of NNSW npl keepers

I would rate them
Ireland
Trott
Swancott
Bitz
Warren
Kelly
Runge
Plant
Carter
Edgy keeper

early_to_the_match
19-06-2018, 11:19 PM
Uuuuum too wet ?
More like conveniently too wet. No other games got called off.

Quare Caeruleum
20-06-2018, 06:26 PM
More like conveniently too wet. No other games got called off.
Meeting in triage unit at John Hunter this morning decided ground unsafe for an ageing team due to large number of bandages, prosthetics and money belts swamping the pitch.

cobra23
20-06-2018, 11:06 PM
meeting in triage unit at john hunter this morning decided ground unsafe for an ageing team due to large number of bandages, prosthetics and money belts swamping the pitch.

wtf 🤪🤪

Johnno
20-06-2018, 11:57 PM
Meeting in triage unit at John Hunter this morning decided ground unsafe for an ageing team due to large number of bandages, prosthetics and money belts swamping the pitch.

Never a truer statement posted on this forum #TanchesTriages

MFKS
21-06-2018, 01:01 PM
So did Azzurrti Olympic go ahead this week??

Swanky
22-06-2018, 07:20 AM
So did Azzurrti Olympic go ahead this week??

Don’t tell me you missed it
Tyler got dropped on your recommendation and you never turned up

Walker
22-06-2018, 08:37 AM
Any thoughts on Lakes extending Nick Webb’s contract for season 2019

Not sure why they would do this with a change of leadership at the club looming, current president standing down at agm in October

This commits new president to this coach and probably most of player roster, both from a performance and a dollar perspective

Difficult I know, next year has started already, especially for under performing clubs.

But really limits a new president and any new committee members that might want to come in and try to make a difference

So probably just more of the same from Lakes

EH9
22-06-2018, 01:17 PM

Not sure why they would do this with a change of leadership at the club looming, current president standing down at agm in October

This commits new president to this coach and probably most of player roster, both from a performance and a dollar perspective

Difficult I know, next year has started already, especially for under performing clubs.

But really limits a new president and any new committee members that might want to come in and try to make a difference

Clubs can't wait for AGM's in October/November to make decisions on coaches, player budgets etc. So they make the decision at this time of year like everyone does so they can start the planning process.

Stanley
22-06-2018, 01:26 PM

Committees make decisions, not presidents. Unless the whole committee is leaving, and if they are they have bigger problems than appointing Nick Webb

MFKS
22-06-2018, 11:52 PM
Don’t tell me you missed it
Tyler got dropped on your recommendation and you never turned up

Being that he is the 9th best keeper in the comp so he ought to

travellingman
23-06-2018, 11:39 AM
I would rate them
Ireland
Trott
Swancott
Bitz
Warren
Kelly
Runge
Plant
Carter
Edgy keeper

Ireland
Kelly
Swancott
Trott
are the 4 best keepers in the NPL beyond that we are clutching at straws looking for a good one.
Horder at Cessnock is going to be a keeper to watch but still developing.

Keeper development is declining as the requirement that Keeper coaches have a Lvl 1 Keeper licence is a joke. Cost is the biggest prohibitor.
Whether you like him or not Gosling is the best GK coach in Newcastle, his record of developing keepers speaks for itself.
Goldman is the only other qualified GK coach that I'm aware off.

ForeverBlack
23-06-2018, 02:25 PM
Ireland
Kelly
Swancott
Trott
are the 4 best keepers in the NPL beyond that we are clutching at straws looking for a good one.
Horder at Cessnock is going to be a keeper to watch but still developing.

Keeper development is declining as the requirement that Keeper coaches have a Lvl 1 Keeper licence is a joke. Cost is the biggest prohibitor.
Whether you like him or not Gosling is the best GK coach in Newcastle, his record of developing keepers speaks for itself.
Goldman is the only other qualified GK coach that I'm aware off.
Bowlo must be qualified seeing how he is coaching at the Jets

MFKS
23-06-2018, 02:41 PM

Having a piece of paper dont mean much

Van Strattan was doing a great job with Duncan and Birraz before Bowlo and was allowed to go easily

I wouldnt say the Jets keepers had great years last season so the jury is out on Bowlos efforts so far

FFS they were barely seen most games

Lol

magician
23-06-2018, 05:52 PM
Valo and Olympic off tomorrow. This has to be some kind of joke surely

MFKS
23-06-2018, 06:46 PM

Why??

We have had a pile of rain this week

You know how the clubs all love to protect their grass etc

MFKS
23-06-2018, 06:48 PM
Ft

Weston and Jaffas 0-0

Swancott saved a penalty from Morris with about 20 to go about the only highlight in a pretty average game

Johnno
23-06-2018, 07:07 PM

Olympic now two games behind. Could start to effect them.

mervan
23-06-2018, 10:40 PM
Ft

Weston and Jaffas 0-0

Swancott saved a penalty from Morris with about 20 to go about the only highlight in a pretty average game

Jaffas can’t score at the moment, 1 goal in four games. It’s puzzling.

travellingman
24-06-2018, 10:34 AM

I didn't include Bowlo as he is only do the Jets top grade. So that leaves 2 coaches for all of Newcastle as far as I'm aware.

Unowhoweare
24-06-2018, 12:11 PM
If anybody has a chance, go and have a look at bar tv footage and skip to 1:18:32.
Sessions stomps on the young Weston lad and the referees do absolutely nothing about it. Clearly stomps and nothing is done about it.
Sessions is a grub and should be embarrassed in himself. What a flog

Blueboy
24-06-2018, 12:12 PM
Charlestown 1- 2 lakes
Adamstown 0-4 Maitland
Edgeworth 1-1 Broadmeadow.

GO AWAY
24-06-2018, 04:31 PM
Lakes 1 Azzurri 0 ht

MFKS
24-06-2018, 04:33 PM
Edgy magic

0-0 HT

GO AWAY
24-06-2018, 05:25 PM
Lakes 3 Azzurri 0

BP Super Dynamos
24-06-2018, 05:41 PM
I just saw Buds v Pies finished 2 all. 2 penalties for Buds and 3 send offs, Sayers, Clerke and Kelly. Sounds likeit was an interesting match

magician
24-06-2018, 05:45 PM
I just saw Buds v Pies finished 2 all. 2 penalties for Buds and 3 send offs, Sayers, Clerke and Kelly. Sounds likeit was an interesting match

And officials want to be respected when they dish out that garbage.. between the ref and one of the linesman I doubt they have a brain between them.

MFKS
24-06-2018, 06:20 PM
0-0 Edgy Magic

Two games I go to this weekend

No ****ing goals

Lol

LongSufferingFan
24-06-2018, 06:41 PM
CCB are gone.
Terrible today. Players are too busy abusing the ref/crowd/each other to play football.
How the hell Tull stayed on the field after an obvious head Butt at about 85 min Mark is beyond me.

Premy
24-06-2018, 06:50 PM
And officials want to be respected when they dish out that garbage.. between the ref and one of the linesman I doubt they have a brain between them.

Weather or not you agree with their decision they should always be respected.

Swanky
24-06-2018, 07:06 PM
0-0 Edgy Magic

Two games I go to this weekend

No ****ing goals

Lol

That’s cause because your favourite keeper was not playing

magician
24-06-2018, 07:06 PM
Weather or not you agree with their decision they should always be respected.

Decision yeah but multiple decisions. Na I’ll be right.
People come watch soccer not this fool making it all about him

MFKS
24-06-2018, 07:20 PM
That’s cause because your favourite keeper was not playing

I might go watch him next week

Guarantee some goals

24-06-2018, 07:59 PM
CCB in all sorts then ?.

ForeverBlack
24-06-2018, 08:39 PM
CCB in all sorts then ?.

Charlestown Azzurri are gone. They are busted after there cup run and with a midweek game against Olympic and next weekend up against Jaffas i think their season is over.
Top 4 will come from Magic . Edgy . Jaffas . Maitland. Olympic

Johnno
24-06-2018, 09:50 PM
CCB are gone.
Terrible today. Players are too busy abusing the ref/crowd/each other to play football.
How the hell Tull stayed on the field after an obvious head Butt at about 85 min Mark is beyond me.

Tull must be taller than his old man “Ned Devine” to land a headbutt

Premy
25-06-2018, 10:53 AM
Decision yeah but multiple decisions. Na I’ll be right.
People come watch soccer not this fool making it all about him

It's Fools like you who have helped to create a culture in the game where we see multiple players crowding a ref and abusing them.
I bet you are all to happy to call a ref out when they make a mistake. So you would have no problem with me calling you out for being a sook.

Alton
25-06-2018, 01:49 PM
CCB in all sorts then ?.

With their "Business Plan" they were always doomed.

Quare Caeruleum
25-06-2018, 01:54 PM
It's Fools like you who have helped to create a culture in the game where we see multiple players crowding a ref and abusing them.
I bet you are all to happy to call a ref out when they make a mistake. So you would have no problem with me calling you out for being a sook.
Agree 👍

magician
25-06-2018, 02:42 PM

Go your hardest. Pitty your opinion means absolutely nothing to me.
No doubt you’re one of those inept officials

ForeverRed
25-06-2018, 03:19 PM

Agree 👍

MFKS
25-06-2018, 05:49 PM

Bullshit

The reason we have multiple players crowding the refs is the refs inaction

Go watch NPL game and listen to the abuse from the players towards the ref
Listen to them coaching the ref
Listen to them putting pressure on the ref

If only the refs had the balls to use the cards and dealt with dissent

May be the problem.lies in the refs tolerance to BS

The Dunster
25-06-2018, 06:09 PM
Bullshit

The reason we have multiple players crowding the refs is the refs inaction

Go watch NPL game and listen to the abuse from the players towards the ref
Listen to them coaching the ref
Listen to them putting pressure on the ref

If only the refs had the balls to use the cards and dealt with dissent

May be the problem.lies in the refs tolerance to BS

It's probably more a case of the refs not being given enough authority by the associations / governing bodies to act.
Odds on clubs would collude to get any referee removed that they felt was authoritarian - and the association rolling over to accommodate them.

hamburgler
25-06-2018, 09:19 PM
If anybody has a chance, go and have a look at bar tv footage and skip to 1:18:32.
Sessions stomps on the young Weston lad and the referees do absolutely nothing about it. Clearly stomps and nothing is done about it.
Sessions is a grub and should be embarrassed in himself. What a flog

Disgraceful challenge, grubby and should have received red.

I note article in the Herald today Weston have asked Northern to have a closer look.

Watch this space.

ForeverBlack
25-06-2018, 11:05 PM

I note article in the Herald today Weston have asked Northern to have a closer look.

Watch this space.

Nothing will happen. It's not the A league and Northern have stated before that they won't act on bartv footage.
I agree with you hamburgler, disgraceful challenge, but i guarantee Northern will do nothing

hamburgler
25-06-2018, 11:18 PM
Nothing will happen. It's not the A league and Northern have stated before that they won't act on bartv footage.
I agree with you hamburgler, disgraceful challenge, but i guarantee Northern will do nothing

Agree FB

Just interested to hear the response from Northern, if any

Walker
25-06-2018, 11:21 PM

Watch this space.

Don’t believe NNSWF will act on it, it’s not something they have the resources to do. Would open a massive can of worms for them, can you imagine the emails waiting for them every Monday morning

Also, if you watch footage, Weston player no17 Bower goes to great lengths to pull shirt up to show referee players back, but ref didn’t seem that interested.

Walker
25-06-2018, 11:33 PM
Jaffas can’t score at the moment, 1 goal in four games. It’s puzzling.

Read that Pascoe is going to work on delivery to Crowley, play his feet more. He certainly isn’t performing as expected, Jaffas looked completely void of attacking options in game against Weston. Without the Griffith brothers or Hammelthey seemed lost going forward even with Jobe in the first half
But te bloke they are really missing is McNaughton, so are Azzurri now he is injured

Alton
26-06-2018, 02:37 PM
Don’t believe NNSWF will act on it, it’s not something they have the resources to do. Would open a massive can of worms for them, can you imagine the emails waiting for them every Monday morning

Also, if you watch footage, Weston player no17 Bower goes to great lengths to pull shirt up to show referee players back, but ref didn’t seem that interested.

What a disgraceful miss by the referee, he could not be any closer than he was, grow some melons and send him off then the Fed. would have to act with a 4 game suspension instead of hiding behind "we don't accept BAR TV vision"

ForeverBlack
26-06-2018, 03:10 PM
Any player movements before the final window closes tomorrow

GO AWAY
26-06-2018, 10:46 PM
Olympic 18s 4-1
Olympic 20s 2-0
Must say most dominant performance I've seen from a Azzurri 20s side, Olympic were a man down early, but showed lots of character and parking the bus ( as you would ) to hold Azzurri out, was a great quality game.

ForeverBlack
26-06-2018, 11:09 PM
Olympic 18s 4-1
Olympic 20s 2-0
Must say most dominant performance I've seen from a Azzurri 20s side, Olympic were a man down early, but showed lots of character and parking the bus ( as you would ) to hold Azzurri out, was a great quality game.

I was at the game. How do you consider it a dominant performance when you were beaten 2.0 by a team with 10 men

MFKS
26-06-2018, 11:15 PM
I was at the game. How do you consider it a dominant performance when you were beaten 2.0 by a team with 10 men

Thought that meant they usually shit but found their groove with 10 men

GO AWAY
26-06-2018, 11:27 PM
Please ....... Azzurri hit post twice, actually scored once when keeper pulled a header back from behind the line, saved everything else .... possession probably 70/30 m, second goal of Olympics half ass and half Azzurri keeper error, if you don't think Azzurri were better side even before send off then you need eyes checked ..... not pete McGuinness are you ? 😜

MFKS
26-06-2018, 11:33 PM
Please ....... Azzurri hit post twice, actually scored once when keeper pulled a header back from behind the line, saved everything else .... possession probably 70/30 m, second goal of Olympics half ass and half Azzurri keeper error, if you don't think Azzurri were better side even before send off then you need eyes checked ..... not pete McGuinness are you ? ��

Scoreboard said 2-0 though and your claiming better side??

Also this disallowed goal

If you had of played it when it was meant to be played the ref and linesman would have had daylight to see
But as you cancelled your games needlessly you are now playing at night under your shitty lighting

So no excuses for your predicament

GO AWAY
26-06-2018, 11:40 PM
Scoreboard said 2-0 though and your claiming better side??

Also this disallowed goal

If you had of played it when it was meant to be played the ref and linesman would have had daylight to see
But as you cancelled your games needlessly you are now playing at night under your shitty lighting

So no excuses for your predicament

Uuuuum too wet ...😂. bring on Heidelberg

ForeverBlack
26-06-2018, 11:49 PM
Bring on Heidelberg 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

ForeverBlack
26-06-2018, 11:53 PM
You have Olympic tomorrow night . Jaffas on the weekend . And your first grade have just conceded 8 goals in the last two games against Maitland and Lakes.
I think you have more pressing matters than Heidelberg

Quare Caeruleum
27-06-2018, 12:04 AM
You have Olympic tomorrow night . Jaffas on the weekend . And your first grade have just conceded 8 goals in the last two games against Maitland and Lakes.
I think you have more pressing matters than Heidelberg
Did they charge to get in even though 1sts didn't play? I'm sure they will need the cash to keep funding their retirees.

Dontknowmuch
27-06-2018, 12:22 PM

Watch this space.

Just watched it. Sessions is a grub. Back in the day he would not have walked off the field after doing a dog act like that, the senior players would have squared up. Then he stands in front of the wall for the free kick, then moves the ball from the penalty spot when Morris is set to kick it. Is he always a Grub like this? I know plenty that would love to play against a low life like him.

ForeverBlack
27-06-2018, 01:15 PM

Here are 4 incidents from the weekend Premy . These are all blatant mistakes by referees in the 4 npl games on the weekend and you wonder players , coaches and fans complain. Maybe if there appeared to be any accountability at all you could understand. But the same guys Trott out every week.
You take a look and let me know.
Edgy 12th minute free kick possible yellow
Weston 62nd minute red card
CCB 86th minute red card
Buds 93rd minute penalty but books Maitland player for diving.
In every incident the referee is only 10 metres from the play . Great positioning by the refs , but they are quite possibly the only person in the ground who gets it wrong.
Rant over

GO AWAY
27-06-2018, 05:09 PM
Lisle Carr off

MFKS
27-06-2018, 05:25 PM
Lisle Carr off

So they play yoof last night

Barely get enough rain to water the grass and call it off tonight

Whom Azzurri got coming back from injury this time???

Blueboy
27-06-2018, 06:15 PM

Goodchild

Johnno
27-06-2018, 11:36 PM

Surely Northern has to step in here I called up Lisle Carr on way home from work it is damp but playable this has just been done again to manipulate there own agenda. Hope it comes back and bites them on the arse. As for Northern it wont have the balls to do anything to Charlestown about it. Not the first time either there were instances in last few years as well.
It’s the same as the article regarding Referees and using video, get with the f#$&ing times. Both League and Union use it and its only one camera there as well. If it’s inconclusive doesn’t proceed further bur Seessions and Tull’s are as clear as day.

MFKS
28-06-2018, 05:03 PM
Surely Northern has to step in here I called up Lisle Carr on way home from work it is damp but playable this has just been done again to manipulate there own agenda. Hope it comes back and bites them on the arse. As for Northern it wont have the balls to do anything to Charlestown about it. Not the first time either there were instances in last few years as well.
It’s the same as the article regarding Referees and using video, get with the f#$&ing times. Both League and Union use it and its only one camera there as well. If it’s inconclusive doesn’t proceed further bur Seessions and Tull’s are as clear as day.

Northern do something??

Your having a laugh right??

GO AWAY
29-06-2018, 11:28 AM
Fogarty, Ott, Mcpherson, Bozinovski to Azzurri

MFKS
29-06-2018, 12:28 PM

So these guys all know Azzurri dont play games most weeks and be alright with the haphazrd fixture list??

Alton
29-06-2018, 01:37 PM
First names please, I want to confirm something

Not Maradona
29-06-2018, 01:45 PM

How convenient that Wednesday was called off to have them registered in time for the next game

magician
29-06-2018, 01:53 PM
How convenient that Wednesday was called off to have them registered in time for the next game

Jim Fogarty, Daniel Ott, Pete McPherson not sure the other guys name

GO AWAY
29-06-2018, 02:18 PM
Jim Fogarty, Daniel Ott, Pete McPherson not sure the other guys name

Alex

The Magician
29-06-2018, 08:05 PM
Alex

Paper says Ireland out for 6 weeks... stick a fork in CCB... they're done...

MFKS
29-06-2018, 08:12 PM
Paper says Ireland out for 6 weeks... stick a fork in CCB... they're done...

Been done for a while
Ultimately more proof that you just cant buy a decent team overnight like they have done

The Magician
30-06-2018, 07:15 AM
Weston after new coach for 2019... club statement yesterday... Piggot will finish up at end of 2018.

Stanley
30-06-2018, 06:23 PM
Weston after new coach for 2019... club statement yesterday... Piggot will finish up at end of 2018.

Trevor Morris and Shane Johnson back in 2019

ForeverRed
30-06-2018, 06:33 PM
The clubs a basket case when it comes to coaches

Bremsstrahlung
30-06-2018, 07:05 PM
What’re they doing?
Déjà vu.

Tried Piggott, didn’t like what he was about, got rid of him, got another person in, didn’t like them, back to Piggott for a long term arrangement, ohhhp not working out, back to our option b.

prawnhead
01-07-2018, 12:07 PM
Olympic 18s 4-1
Olympic 20s 2-0

What’s happened to Azzurri 20’s GA - heard they lost 1-0 to Jaffas yesty. Have wheels fallen off their season too

onlooker
01-07-2018, 01:17 PM
Trevor Morris and Shane Johnson back in 2019

Surely not. Time for someone new.

travellingman
01-07-2018, 07:37 PM
Surely not. Time for someone new.

Neither will be back.

I heard today the job will probably go to Kew Jaliens

ForeverBlack
01-07-2018, 07:55 PM
Neither will be back.

I heard today the job will probably go to Kew Jaliens
Jaliens to Weston
Piggo to CCB for his 4th time ?

Unowhoweare
03-07-2018, 01:01 PM
Jaliens will not take over

ForeverBlack
04-07-2018, 01:45 AM
According to the herald Cumerford out for the season at Maitland. I think this will be the end of their finals run. He has been one of their only attacking threats.
I would say both them and Azzurri are done and we will see the same top 4 as last year.
Magic Edgy Jaffas Olympic

Quare Caeruleum
04-07-2018, 11:12 AM
According to the herald Cumerford out for the season at Maitland. I think this will be the end of their finals run. He has been one of their only attacking threats.
I would say both them and Azzurri are done and we will see the same top 4 as last year.
Magic Edgy Jaffas Olympic
It will still take a big turnaround for Olympic to make the finals.

Swanky
04-07-2018, 11:30 AM
Olympic won’t make the semis if teams keep calling games off

Valentine v Olympic
Is OFF again tonight

Alton
04-07-2018, 01:42 PM
Olympic won’t make the semis if teams keep calling games off

Valentine v Olympic
Is OFF again tonight

Why?

Alton
04-07-2018, 01:43 PM
Jaliens will not take over

So who will then? There isn't many options out there.

The Magician
04-07-2018, 02:59 PM
Why?

It was moved to Cahill Oval... but 2 rounds of Rugby were played there on the weekend and its a mess

Stanley
04-07-2018, 03:27 PM
It was moved to Cahill Oval... but 2 rounds of Rugby were played there on the weekend and its a mess

Ventured over from the adjoining netball courts yesterday afternoon and the ground looked quite good.

ForeverRed
04-07-2018, 05:00 PM
Why move it when apparently the CB complex is fit for npl competition, oh hang on, the lights aren’t good enough, that’s why this comp is a joke, why are they in the comp, junior ground, junior conditions

MFKS
04-07-2018, 08:41 PM
Why move it when apparently the CB complex is fit for npl competition, oh hang on, the lights aren’t good enough, that’s why this comp is a joke, why are they in the comp, junior ground, junior conditions

Seen something whete the Council wetre apparently going to redo the entire precinct

League Football fields Tennis Courts etc and there is somne type of masterplan for the area

Any idea when it is going to actually start

It currently is a joke when you have to leave and go walk 300 metres for a piss

Alton
05-07-2018, 01:27 PM
One of your best FR, spot on.

GO AWAY
05-07-2018, 07:09 PM
Tanch in for 2019

MFKS
05-07-2018, 07:53 PM
Tanch in for 2019

More importantly

Who else are Azzurri buying for next year and do they need more money from the junior regos for 2019 or not??

MFKS
07-07-2018, 05:22 PM
FT

Jets Yoof 3

Olympic 2

Another Olympic Goal Keeping masterclass

EH9
07-07-2018, 07:52 PM
FT

Jets Yoof 3

Olympic 2

You really are grinding this axe. Hopefully someone will help you carry it soon.

MFKS
07-07-2018, 08:06 PM
You really are grinding this axe. Hopefully someone will help you carry it soon.

Hopefully Olympic will get a decent keeper then

Everytime i watch them play they let in 2/3 goals

magician
07-07-2018, 08:33 PM
Hopefully Olympic will get a decent keeper then

Everytime i watch them play they let in 2/3 goals

Maybe you should put your hand up.. oh wait your just a keyboard warrior

Johnno
07-07-2018, 11:14 PM
Went up to watch Edgy play Weston today. Edgy clinical in first 35 minutes but game detoriated after they were up 4 zip. Did hear some of the Bear locals saying Graham Law as coach next year. Anyone else heard this mail?

hamburgler
08-07-2018, 08:11 AM
Went up to watch Edgy play Weston today. Edgy clinical in first 35 minutes but game detoriated after they were up 4 zip. Did hear some of the Bear locals saying Graham Law as coach next year. Anyone else heard this mail?

Heard the same thing

GO AWAY
08-07-2018, 04:33 PM
Azzurri 3 magic 1 U18
Azzurri 3 magic 1 U20
Azzurri 1 magic 0 ht ( Goodchild )

hamburgler
08-07-2018, 06:10 PM
Azzurri 3 magic 1 U18
Azzurri 3 magic 1 U20
Azzurri 1 magic 0 ht ( Goodchild )

Great results for CCB

ForeverBlack
08-07-2018, 07:42 PM
FT

Jets Yoof 3

Olympic 2

Olympic in all sorts

GO AWAY
09-07-2018, 02:05 PM
Gee....its quiet in here, I thought today would be all about how bad are Azzurri going, you know the usual Monday morning shot, Tanch cant coach, no depth at Azzurri, usual stuff, you would think Azzurri beat Magic in all three grades, a clean sweep, most the game with no Ljubo or Laman, no McNaughton. Gret day for all three grades, first clean sweep of Magic in over ten years I would guess...... Magic in all sorts, Olympic in all sorts, Stags in all sorts........ Love you all:sparring:

ForeverRed
09-07-2018, 02:13 PM
Looks like someone’s expecting some mayonnaise

ForeverBlack
09-07-2018, 02:56 PM
Gee....its quiet in here, I thought today would be all about how bad are Azzurri going, you know the usual Monday morning shot, Tanch cant coach, no depth at Azzurri, usual stuff, you would think Azzurri beat Magic in all three grades, a clean sweep, most the game with no Ljubo or Laman, no McNaughton. Gret day for all three grades, first clean sweep of Magic in over ten years I would guess...... Magic in all sorts, Olympic in all sorts, Stags in all sorts........ Love you all:sparring:

Ljubo came off early in the second half but don't let that get in the way of a good story.
Great results for all 3 grades Go Away. Azzurri are a different side with Goodchild on the field

W8 WATCHER
09-07-2018, 03:15 PM

Magic all 3 grades appalling attitude and football
long ball long ball and if in doubt long ball

RZ master class coaching
magic in all sorts

MFKS
09-07-2018, 06:36 PM
**** me

The way Azzurri are carrying on you would swear they won the comp

FFS it was 1 game

Your not even in the top 4 FFS

Quare Caeruleum
09-07-2018, 07:46 PM
I guess this means Lisle Carr will be fine for Wednesday night. No late injuries affecting the weather forecast are there GO AWAY?
Or have you forgotten why Azzurri were being ridiculed?

ForeverBlack
09-07-2018, 09:03 PM
I guess this means Lisle Carr will be fine for Wednesday night. No late injuries affecting the weather forecast are there GO AWAY?

Supposed to sprinkle tomorrow

Johnno
09-07-2018, 11:46 PM
jaliens will not take over

wrong

GO AWAY
10-07-2018, 10:03 AM

Considering Ljubo and Laman hobbled off on Sunday, I hope it sprinkles hard, mind you I have no idea the extent of Ljubo"s injury.

GO AWAY
10-07-2018, 10:04 AM
**** me

The way Azzurri are carrying on you would swear they won the comp

FFS it was 1 game

Your not even in the top 4 FFS

Just the response I expected from you haha

ForeverBlack
10-07-2018, 11:33 AM
Considering Ljubo and Laman hobbled off on Sunday, I hope it sprinkles hard, mind you I have no idea the extent of Ljubo"s injury.

Hearing from one if the senior Azzurri players that Ljubo's season could be over with the knee injury being more serious then first thought. Looking like 4 - 6 weeks out

Stanley
10-07-2018, 01:53 PM

I wouldn't get too excited, Azzurri were terrible and Magic just as bad, Magic goalkeeper had to make one save and Fogerty three not to mention Magic should of had a penalty and Lubjo sent off

Alton
10-07-2018, 01:56 PM
I wouldn't get too excited, Azzurri were terrible and Magic just as bad, Magic goalkeeper had to make one save and Fogerty three not to mention Magic should of had a penalty and Lubjo sent off

My sources tell me a couple of Magic big names were very poor.

ForeverBlack
11-07-2018, 08:49 PM
A very ordinary game at Azzurri tonight

Unowhoweare
11-07-2018, 10:16 PM

I’d love to hear what you have to say about Charlestown after that game tonight vs Olympic.
If they want to play finals then that’s not good enough and the way they conducted themselves in regards to discipline and fair play was disgusting and an embarrassment to the club

ForeverBlack
11-07-2018, 10:51 PM
I’d love to hear what you have to say about Charlestown after that game tonight vs Olympic.
If they want to play finals then that’s not good enough and the way they conducted themselves in regards to discipline and fair play was disgusting and an embarrassment to the club

Very poor losers

Swanky
11-07-2018, 10:52 PM
Olympic’s Keeper Mate must have stayed home to watch the Rugby League or is to embarrassed to admit he was the key to Olympic going in at half time with a clean sheet

MFKS
11-07-2018, 11:28 PM
Olympic’s Keeper Mate must have stayed home to watch the Rugby League or is to embarrassed to admit he was the key to Olympic going in at half time with a clean sheet

Got no interest in chiping a cent into Azzurris coffers

I will take in games at every NPL venue except Azzurris this season

1 good game out of 10 still doesnt make him.any good though

early_to_the_match
12-07-2018, 12:43 AM
Blues clean sweep negated by Olympics clean sweep. Hearing Blues were unlucky, but behavior and discipline disgraceful.

ForeverBlack
15-07-2018, 09:10 PM
Magic Adamstown 1.1
Edgy Olympic 1.0
Jaffas Valo 3.0
Maitland Jets 2.0
Weston Azzurri 3.0

Edgy probably have premiership won
Magic and Jaffas will run second and third.
Azzurri are gone
Maitland or Olympic to finish fourth

MFKS
15-07-2018, 10:31 PM
Magic Adamstown 1.1
Edgy Olympic 1.0
Jaffas Valo 3.0
Maitland Jets 2.0
Weston Azzurri 3.0

Edgy probably have premiership won
Magic and Jaffas will run second and third.
Azzurri are gone
Maitland or Olympic to finish fourth

Azzurri are in all sorts

Get it right FFS

That is the foz term for loss of form

1 week ago they were celebrating that they were gonna win the league

7 days later two losses and the wheels are off the wagon

Couldnt be more delighted at the turn of events

ForeverBlack
15-07-2018, 10:50 PM
Azzurri are in all sorts

Get it right FFS