PDA

View Full Version : 2018 National Premier League thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

ForeverBlack
16-07-2018, 11:46 AM
Oxborrow spat on a young Adamstown player yesterday. Disgusting

Huge allegation to make . Any evidence or was a complaint made to the ref ?

ForeverRed
16-07-2018, 11:51 AM
Oxborrow spat on a young Adamstown player yesterday. Disgusting
Wow, I hope you have proof, big call

onlooker
16-07-2018, 10:43 PM
Interesting to see comments made by Pascoe about Carter putting Crowley into the fence, and saying he wouldn’t have a player like that at his club. Especially after one of his players stood on the back of an opponent just a few weeks prior.

magician
17-07-2018, 05:33 AM
Interesting to see comments made by Pascoe about Carter putting Crowley into the fence, and saying he wouldn’t have a player like that at his club. Especially after one of his players stood on the back of an opponent just a few weeks prior.

Was thinking the same thing
Both as bad as each other

Dontknowmuch
17-07-2018, 05:25 PM

I just watched the replay on BarTV. Interesting to say the least.

ForeverBlack
17-07-2018, 11:28 PM
Heard tonight the Valentine and Olympic game tomorrow night has been cancelled. Can anyone confirm

Fairgo
18-07-2018, 10:01 AM
Heard tonight the Valentine and Olympic game tomorrow night has been cancelled. Can anyone confirm

"Game day!
The boys will hope to get back to winning ways tonight when we face Valentine Eleebana FC in our round 14 NPL Northern NSW Re-Scheduled fixture which will be played at Lisle Carr Oval Charlestown"
U/20 6pm
1sts 7.45pm

MFKS
18-07-2018, 12:50 PM
"Game day!
The boys will hope to get back to winning ways tonight when we face Valentine Eleebana FC in our round 14 NPL Northern NSW Re-Scheduled fixture which will be played at Lisle Carr Oval Charlestown"
U/20 6pm
1sts 7.45pm

So exactly why are Valo not playing at

1 CCB Complex
2 Cahill Oval

??

The Magician
18-07-2018, 03:02 PM
So exactly why are Valo not playing at

1 CCB Complex
2 Cahill Oval

??

Its a roadshow of the worst field lighting in NNSW

MFKS
18-07-2018, 05:18 PM
Its a roadshow of the worst field lighting in NNSW

I thought it was a roadshow of the worst drainage in the NPL as well

Stopit
18-07-2018, 07:06 PM

I have proof direct from Bar TV. I hope he gets charged. Absolutely filthy behaviour from a name like his.

Stopit
18-07-2018, 07:09 PM
Huge allegation to make . Any evidence or was a complaint made to the ref ?

So easy to see on Bar TV.

ForeverBlack
18-07-2018, 07:21 PM
So easy to see on Bar TV.
What minute

MFKS
18-07-2018, 07:48 PM
I have proof direct from Bar TV. I hope he gets charged. Absolutely filthy behaviour from a name like his.

And Northern have already been on record to say that there will be no Bar TV footage used for suspension

So unless the ref has put it in his report (I am assuming he wasnt sent off ??? )

Then nothing is going to happen here

Stopit
18-07-2018, 08:15 PM
And Northern have already been on record to say that there will be no Bar TV footage used for suspension

So unless the ref has put it in his report (I am assuming he wasnt sent off ??? )

Then nothing is going to happen here

Regardless of whether it results on suspension or not, I’m just making sure it is known the filthy behaviour of someone you would expect better from. Never going to make it anywhere anyway, magic is the end of the line for him

hamburgler
18-07-2018, 08:27 PM
Regardless of whether it results on suspension or not, I’m just making sure it is known the filthy behaviour of someone you would expect better from. Never going to make it anywhere anyway, magic is the end of the line for him

Buds have lodged a formal complaint - Herald confirms

magician
18-07-2018, 08:39 PM

Clear as day. What a grub.
And you’re right, NPL is the best he will do again

goaliepersempre
18-07-2018, 09:14 PM
what minute?

ForeverBlack
18-07-2018, 10:46 PM
what minute?
71st minute. Grub

immersion
19-07-2018, 07:29 AM
71st minute. Grub

Thanks.

Looks terrible. Should be banned for the rest of the season. A filthy act.

Stopit
19-07-2018, 11:49 AM
Front page of sports section herald “DUMMY SPIT”

W8 WATCHER
19-07-2018, 12:13 PM
Front page of sports section herald “DUMMY SPIT”

if banned
expensive dummy spit for club

final 4 predictions (in no order)
edgy
jaffas
maitland
olympic

ForeverBlack
19-07-2018, 12:59 PM
if banned
expensive dummy spit for club

final 4 predictions (in no order)
edgy
jaffas
maitland
olympic

Wishful thinking. Magic are 4 points clear of Maitland and 7 points clear of Olympic. With Maitland and Olympic playing this weekend one of them have to drop points.
Edgy Jaffas and Magic are safe and
Maitland Olympic or Azzurri will fill 4th place

W8 WATCHER
19-07-2018, 01:13 PM
Wishful thinking. Magic are 4 points clear of Maitland and 7 points clear of Olympic. With Maitland and Olympic playing this weekend one of them have to drop points.
Edgy Jaffas and Magic are safe and
Maitland Olympic or Azzurri will fill 4th place

magic run home
valo- away
(Canberra FC-FFACup)-
bye
jets- home
olympic- home
maitland- away
tough run for olympic,magpies and magic

CCB gone

ForeverBlack
19-07-2018, 01:19 PM
magic run home
valo- away
(Canberra FC-FFACup)-
bye
jets- home
olympic- home
maitland- away
tough run for olympic,magpies and magic

CCB gone

Maitland run home is toughest
Olympic Edgy Lakes Jaffas Magic
Olympic run home
Maitland Lakes Jaffas Magic Weston.
I think it will come down to the last day

Stanley
19-07-2018, 01:50 PM
Thanks.

Have watched Bar TV footage 68th minute to 75th minute several times and don't see anything conclusive

French Frogs
19-07-2018, 02:12 PM
Edgy 1st
Magic 2nd
Jaffas 3rd
Olympic 4th

Johnno
19-07-2018, 02:13 PM
Thanks.

It is the lowest of low acts but Northern will not do anything about it you watch it get swept under the carpet by Nisbet his already said they won’t use video evidence and there is no way his club will suspend him they’ll come out and say he didn’t do it. This is a prime example where video evidence should be used and it’s an indictment if it’s not.

19-07-2018, 02:27 PM
It is the lowest of low acts but Northern will not do anything about it you watch it get swept under the carpet by Nisbet his already said they won’t use video evidence and there is no way his club will suspend him they’ll come out and say he didn’t do it. This is a prime example where video evidence should be used and it’s an indictment if it’s not.

Yep true. Plenty of eyes will be on Northern to see how they deal with issue and rightly so. It has made its way too far me thinks into the public domain to swept under the carpet and if not dealt with adequately Northern would open itself up to plenty of justifiable criticism. The club too has a part to play in any sanction IF and WHEN the claim is proven.

magician
19-07-2018, 02:27 PM
Have watched Bar TV footage 68th minute to 75th minute several times and don't see anything conclusive

How about open your eyes then pal.

Dontknowmuch
19-07-2018, 04:31 PM
Yep true. Plenty of eyes will be on Northern to see how they deal with issue and rightly so. It has made its way too far me thinks into the public domain to swept under the carpet and if not dealt with adequately Northern would open itself up to plenty of justifiable criticism. The club too has a part to play in any sanction IF and WHEN the claim is proven.

Agree, if for some reason NNSW cant do anything if he lies in his statement and the video cant be used then Magic at least should stand him down. What example would they be setting if they stand behind him and try to defend it. But I do feel GREED will get the better of Magic and they will try and get him out of it. It cant be condoned and the video footage is damming.

immersion
19-07-2018, 05:23 PM

I think he should be banned for all Magic games this year.

Though northern are in a tough spot. And it burns me to defend them. But if they use video evidence this time what about others who have wanted to use it in the past?

A shocking act that may have no consequences. I hope he is punished. And fair credit to the player who was spat on not to carry on about it. If it had of me I am not sure I would have been so reserved.

Swanky
19-07-2018, 05:30 PM
To spit on someone on purpose is a grub act.
If Broadmeadow allow their players to spit on opposition players and get away without sanctioning them it is their call.

Johnno
19-07-2018, 09:50 PM
To spit on someone on purpose is a grub act.
If Broadmeadow allow their players to spit on opposition players and get away without sanctioning them it is their call.

That’s why Northern have to act because the club won’t if it was a fringe first grader they may have but not their marquee player. Northern have said they won’t use video to judge on foul play this is not that and the video evidence is damning. This is a big big test for Nisbet at Northern and Magic President Foteff. Just looked up the FFA regulations and the minimum sanction is 5 matches + a mandatory match.

Blueboy
19-07-2018, 10:18 PM
Mitch “Alpaca” Oxborrow should not be playing again this year. Disgraceful

Brown town
19-07-2018, 10:43 PM
I think he should be banned for all Magic games this year.

Though northern are in a tough spot. And it burns me to defend them. But if they use video evidence this time what about others who have wanted to use it in the past?

A shocking act that may have no consequences. I hope he is punished. And fair credit to the player who was spat on not to carry on about it. If it had of me I am not sure I would have been so reserved.

Watching it. The player looks shocked that it happened. As most people would be. Total grub act. Surely has to miss games!!

Bremsstrahlung
20-07-2018, 12:13 PM
I reckon, NNSWF to say they cannot convict on bar tv footage.

Magic to come in and suspend player for a game or two. After FFA Cup.

ForeverRed
20-07-2018, 12:29 PM
Everyone is hanging this bloke already, talk about trial by media, no concrete evidence unfortunately

Johnno
20-07-2018, 01:06 PM
Everyone is hanging this bloke already, talk about trial by media, no concrete evidence unfortunately

Except for the damning footage and the spit that landed on the players leg.

ForeverRed
20-07-2018, 01:36 PM
But northern can’t use footage so there’s no concrete evidence

Alton
20-07-2018, 01:47 PM

Ask an expert spitter, Kevin Muscat

Blueboy
20-07-2018, 03:23 PM

So every one knows it happened from the footage, but northern can’t use it. Does that make it ok in your eyes now does it?

MisplacedPasses
20-07-2018, 03:26 PM
Except for the damning footage and the spit that landed on the players leg.

Be interested to know if you were on the pitch when it happened? Or have you digitally enhanced the footage?

Agreed he spat, but you can't tell me 100% from that footage it hit the player and wasn't just on the ground near him (still a shit move but I wouldn't think it's as serious)

hamburgler
20-07-2018, 04:40 PM
Be interested to know if you were on the pitch when it happened? Or have you digitally enhanced the footage?

Agreed he spat, but you can't tell me 100% from that footage it hit the player and wasn't just on the ground near him (still a shit move but I wouldn't think it's as serious)

You obviously didn’t see the buds players reaction ! What did he feel hit his leg then birdshit??

magician
20-07-2018, 05:15 PM

His back was turned and felt something hit him. Clearly saw spit on him.. why defend the grub

MisplacedPasses
20-07-2018, 05:17 PM
I dunno you tell me since you're so in tune with what the player is feeling.

Maybe you should put a pair of glasses on and watch it again bud. I've watched the footage multiple times, not once did he point to his leg or even show the ref where it hit him, spit doesn't bounce off mate.

Open your eyes

https://youtu.be/pV5AxwVkRqo?t=5531 here's the link

Blueboy
20-07-2018, 05:23 PM
I dunno you tell me since you're so in tune with what the player is feeling.

Maybe you should put a pair of glasses on and watch it again bud. I've watched the footage multiple times, not once did he point to his leg or even show the ref where it hit him, spit doesn't bounce off mate.

Open your eyes

https://youtu.be/pV5AxwVkRqo?t=5531 here's the link

Yeah he turned around to show the ref his number 🤪🤪🤪.

MisplacedPasses
20-07-2018, 05:29 PM
From 15m away you twat

magician
20-07-2018, 05:42 PM
From 15m away you twat

Getting abit angry are we mitch. Maybe you can spit on me aswel

MisplacedPasses
20-07-2018, 05:54 PM
Not at all mate just shocks me how quick all of you are quick to say he spat on him blah blah.

If you got spat on would you react the same way? Doubtful.

If your mate got spat on would you react like the others did? Doubtful.

Poor attempt to get him sent off if you ask me

ForeverRed
20-07-2018, 08:18 PM
So every one knows it happened from the footage, but northern can’t use it. Does that make it ok in your eyes now does it?
My opinion is irrelevant, what I’m saying is they won’t use the footage so there is no concrete evidence other then from the experts on here

pv4
20-07-2018, 08:25 PM
Not at all mate just shocks me how quick all of you are quick to say he spat on him blah blah.

Not every person is inclined to throw hand bags the moment something inciting happens..

I'd expect any player whom was spat on to get their club to make a formal complaint - something adamstown have done, someone wrote.

I can't comprehend Oxborrow doing anything else except spitting in that bartv footage. It looks pretty clear to me and I'd believe the Buds player if he said that's what happened.

20-07-2018, 09:36 PM

The Adamstown player made the claim and his club has has taken it further, Pretty much irrelevant what most think on here eh ?. Surley none could so thin skinned to allow a few opinions on here rile em. People will form a opinion based on there interpretation of what they are seeing. Me thinks the vision don't look good for Ox and just using your logic how may times in a weekend would we see players claim somebody hacked on them just to get them sent off, Could we say doubtful ?.

Wouldn't want to be Northern's shoes about now however, If they go down the road of not accepting the footage time and time again to cut out low life grub acts in back play they will certainly leave themselves open to harsh criticism. At some point regardless of how evidence is obtained if it is damning and i repeat " if " then subsequent penalties should be imposed for indiscretions, Particularly off the ball stuff which is more often than not the grubbiest of acts.

But not being a part time on call replacement at best HAL player i am willing to concede i know SFA.

Alton
23-07-2018, 01:49 PM
The Town have more issues then an alleged spit, they are in all sorts

Stanley
23-07-2018, 02:06 PM

Them, Valo and Charlestown

GO AWAY
23-07-2018, 02:30 PM
Them, Valo and Charlestown

???

Play feet
23-07-2018, 03:20 PM

Please elaborate...

ForeverRed
23-07-2018, 03:22 PM
Heard a Charlestown player failed to front yesterday, no phone call, nothing, not a good look, I wonder if he gets to go to Melbourne, I won’t name him, someone else can do that

Blueboy
23-07-2018, 03:29 PM
Heard a Charlestown player failed to front yesterday, no phone call, nothing, not a good look, I wonder if he gets to go to Melbourne, I won’t name him, someone else can do that

I will have a crack and say Ljubo

GO AWAY
23-07-2018, 05:20 PM

Will be very interesting

GO AWAY
23-07-2018, 05:25 PM
I will have a crack and say Ljubo

Wrong............ I think

ForeverBlack
23-07-2018, 08:12 PM
Cal Lewis ?

ForeverRed
23-07-2018, 08:43 PM
Nope, defender

ForeverBlack
23-07-2018, 09:04 PM
Kev Davidson

23-07-2018, 09:46 PM
Wheels falling off, in allsorts , Cracks appearing , They're gone.

GO AWAY
24-07-2018, 10:12 AM
Kev Davidson

Davispon played, so if a defender it could only be Laman or Sulini

GO AWAY
24-07-2018, 10:13 AM
Wheels falling off, in allsorts , Cracks appearing , They're gone.

Thanks fortnight

ForeverBlack
24-07-2018, 10:35 AM
Davispon played, so if a defender it could only be Laman or Sulini

Don't know what game you were watching Go Away . Davidson definitely didn't play. Go and watch bartv footage. Looks like Smart and Pippen playing as the 2 centre backs ?

GO AWAY
24-07-2018, 11:16 AM
Don't know what game you were watching Go Away . Davidson definitely didn't play. Go and watch bartv footage. Looks like Smart and Pippen playing as the 2 centre backs ?

Sorry mate, was just going off the NNSW site, Davison was named, didn't know he didn't play, btw, it was young jethro elkington, pippen hasn't played all year from injuries. Not wholly in the loop anymore haha

Alton
24-07-2018, 01:31 PM
???

Think about it GA

24-07-2018, 01:45 PM
Thanks fortnight

Got a few more

Writing is on the wall.
All over red rover.

Dontknowmuch
24-07-2018, 08:21 PM
The Adamstown player made the claim and his club has has taken it further, Pretty much irrelevant what most think on here eh ?. Surley none could so thin skinned to allow a few opinions on here rile em. People will form a opinion based on there interpretation of what they are seeing. Me thinks the vision don't look good for Ox and just using your logic how may times in a weekend would we see players claim somebody hacked on them just to get them sent off, Could we say doubtful ?.

Wouldn't want to be Northern's shoes about now however, If they go down the road of not accepting the footage time and time again to cut out low life grub acts in back play they will certainly leave themselves open to harsh criticism. At some point regardless of how evidence is obtained if it is damning and i repeat " if " then subsequent penalties should be imposed for indiscretions, Particularly off the ball stuff which is more often than not the grubbiest of acts.

But not being a part time on call replacement at best HAL player i am willing to concede i know SFA.

Surely if the 2 Adamstown players say they witnessed it and they made a report straight to referee that would be enough evidence without the footage to prove guilt. Although the footage cant be used you would think that Oxborrow and the club would show some integrity in admitting his guilt or at least put up a reasonable excuse for his actions as seen on the vision, which I believe would be impossible. Its without doubt it happened so he and the club needs to take the punishement and move on and accept he will always have the grub tag with him. If he denies it regardless of the outcome he will be a lying grub.

Johnno
24-07-2018, 11:18 PM
Surely if the 2 Adamstown players say they witnessed it and they made a report straight to referee that would be enough evidence without the footage to prove guilt. Although the footage cant be used you would think that Oxborrow and the club would show some integrity in admitting his guilt or at least put up a reasonable excuse for his actions as seen on the vision, which I believe would be impossible. Its without doubt it happened so he and the club needs to take the punishement and move on and accept he will always have the grub tag with him. If he denies it regardless of the outcome he will be a lying grub.

Sentence handed down Thursday according to the herald conveniently after FFA Cup match. Could potentially be 5 weeks. If so Magic gone.

ForeverBlack
24-07-2018, 11:42 PM
Sentence handed down Thursday according to the herald conveniently after FFA Cup match. Could potentially be 5 weeks. If so Magic gone.

It doesn't say 5 weeks. It says it's 5 weeks if it's dealt with on the field by the ref.
i.e if the ref gave him a red card for spitting he would getan automatic 5 weeks.
The ref didn't see it or act . So now it's one players word against the other as northern have stated many times that they won't use bartv footage.
Oxborrow won't admit he did it and Magic will not drop their star player.
Case closed

Alton
25-07-2018, 02:35 PM
It doesn't say 5 weeks. It says it's 5 weeks if it's dealt with on the field by the ref.
i.e if the ref gave him a red card for spitting he would getan automatic 5 weeks.
The ref didn't see it or act . So now it's one players word against the other as northern have stated many times that they won't use bartv footage.
Case closed
Spot on

terryk
25-07-2018, 11:13 PM
That’s why Northern have to act because the club won’t if it was a fringe first grader they may have but not their marquee player. Northern have said they won’t use video to judge on foul play this is not that and the video evidence is damning. This is a big big test for Nisbet at Northern and his brother-in-law Foteff at Magic. Just looked up the FFA regulations and the minimum sanction is 5 matches + a mandatory match.

Just a quick note to the moderators. There is a pretty clear cut case of reputations being impuned with regards to the above statement. I think most lay people would consider that the reference to brother in law is in fact a slur on either or both individuals.

MFKS
25-07-2018, 11:23 PM
Just a quick note to the moderators. There is a pretty clear cut case of reputations being impuned with regards to the above statement. I think most lay people would consider that the reference to brother in law is in fact a slur on either or both individuals.

Wouldnt it be a slur if the poster was making remarks about the 2 gentlemen after a decision had been made??

So far no decision yet

All the poster had done so far was mention an existing relationship between people whom would have different competing objectives on the matter

I not reading anything there as a Slur on anyone

26-07-2018, 12:19 AM

Really ?, I reckon but certainly not speaking for Johno but i would think he is getting at the " potential " for a conflict of interest. We here claims like these all day long in society do we not. Not a week goes by where we we don't hear the Govt of the day make reference to Brendan O'Connor and his brother Michael and use terms like conflict of interest. Just my thoughts but i am the first to admit i am no legal beagle by any stretch.

Perhaps if Johno was to go back and edit post to include " potential " then that may alleviate any concerns eh ?.

ForeverBlack
26-07-2018, 03:47 PM
Any news on Spittlegate

Johnno
27-07-2018, 12:04 AM
Any news on Spittlegate

Got told by a someone close to the Magic club that there is a hearing scheduled for next week?

pv4
27-07-2018, 07:12 AM

I think it would be an issue if they weren't brother-in-laws. But if they are, isn't that just stating a fact? Note: I personally don't know if they are or not.

Johnno hasn't passed judgement on them being brother-in-laws, he's just stated that both of them have a big test on their hands.

Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
27-07-2018, 08:06 AM
I think it would be an issue if they weren't brother-in-laws. But if they are, isn't that just stating a fact? Note: I personally don't know if they are or not.

Johnno hasn't passed judgement on them being brother-in-laws, he's just stated that both of them have a big test on their hands.

Would have loved to see the young guy give Oxborrow a clip around those Mad Magazine ears on the field and then leave it at that...

late_to_the_game
27-07-2018, 10:44 AM
Would have loved to see the young guy give Oxborrow a clip around those Mad Magazine ears on the field and then leave it at that...

Smart move, then he would have been gone for several weeks and Oxborrow would have got nothing....

ForeverBlack
29-07-2018, 07:43 PM
Edgeworth finished all over Maitland at end of the game and unlucky not to get all 3 points.

29-07-2018, 08:44 PM
Smart move, then he would have been gone for several weeks and Oxborrow would have got nothing....

Very true indeed. If Ox did spit a clip around the ear is nowhere near sufficient. Spitting on a opponent is f*&^#ng dog act from somebody with no idea. Pissweak human being does not even come close.

Bremsstrahlung
30-07-2018, 08:40 AM
Ljubo retired.

30-07-2018, 11:37 AM
Another wheel falling off. In allsorts

Alton
31-07-2018, 01:35 PM
Another wheel falling off. In allsorts

I don't think NNSWF need a call on relegation, some clubs will sort it out for them.

Goatscheese
31-07-2018, 08:41 PM

Are they not brother-in-laws? If so that's just stating a fact

ForeverBlack
31-07-2018, 09:28 PM
Has anyone heard how Ox the Llama went at his hearing tonight

Dontknowmuch
01-08-2018, 10:59 AM
Has anyone heard how Ox the Llama went at his hearing tonight

Apparently he had a golly good time, except for the spitting rain outside.

Alton
01-08-2018, 02:52 PM
Apparently he had a golly good time, except for the spitting rain outside.

Stop it, I can't hack this anymore

Johnno
01-08-2018, 04:47 PM
Stop it, I can't hack this anymore

He didn’t attend but someone who was the “spitting image” of him did.

MFKS
01-08-2018, 04:55 PM
Apparently he has been made to spit out 5 games

Depending on Magics FFA Cup schedule he should be back for part of NPL finals

Johnno
01-08-2018, 08:08 PM
Case closed

Glad your not my lawyer

ForeverBlack
01-08-2018, 08:17 PM
Glad your not my lawyer

Would have done it pro bono

Johnno
01-08-2018, 08:23 PM
Would have done it pro bono

Maybe you should have been in there with Spitox though. Big precedent set now by NNSWF.

ForeverBlack
01-08-2018, 08:34 PM
Maybe you should have been in there with Spitox though. Big precedent set now by NNSWF.

Deserved what he got. Disgraceful act. Now let's see what Magic is made of.
Everyone knows he did it . So will they wear the punishment handed down like they should or will they appeal to try and get their star player back quicker

Alton
02-08-2018, 01:41 PM
I reckon they should appeal and use the vision, he clearly did not spit on the player

MisplacedPasses
02-08-2018, 02:11 PM
I reckon they should appeal and use the vision, he clearly did not spit on the player

100% agree

magician
02-08-2018, 02:59 PM

Keep telling yourself that 😳

02-08-2018, 03:05 PM
So player who claimed he did must be a liar then ?.

ForeverBlack
02-08-2018, 03:21 PM
So player who claimed he did must be a liar then ?.

Plus the witnesses. They must all be lying as well

ForeverRed
02-08-2018, 03:21 PM
So they didn’t use the vision yet was found guilty, my understanding is it’s his word against another, on what grounds or evidence was he found guilty on, I’m confused on how they made a decision with out using video evidence or did they view it secretly and pretend they didn’t view it

ForeverBlack
02-08-2018, 03:30 PM
So they didn’t use the vision yet was found guilty, my understanding is it’s his word against another, on what grounds or evidence was he found guilty on, I’m confused on how they made a decision with out using video evidence or did they view it secretly and pretend they didn’t view it

Nail on head ForeverRed

Stanley
02-08-2018, 04:10 PM
Nail on head ForeverRed

Does anyone know if OX had any witnesses, generally happens in cases like this, he said she said, case closed.

hamburgler
02-08-2018, 04:29 PM
Nail on head ForeverRed

Who cares, he did it he’s copped a suspension. Move on

02-08-2018, 04:36 PM
If he didn't do it he sure did a very good impersonation of somebody who did. Looks pretty clear on the footage in full screen mode.

The only bizarre part of it all is this selective evidence attitude but nonetheless the footage is not a good look.

Dontknowmuch
02-08-2018, 04:55 PM

Its my understanding that your understanding is wrong, once again.

Bremsstrahlung
03-08-2018, 07:37 AM
What intrigues me now is why Magic are “90% likely” to appeal.
A) he was found guilty, rightly or wrongly, based on he said/she said
B) the more “concrete” evidence of the video wasn’t used.
C) the appeal is $1000 and could result in more games
D) they can use the video. Which I don’t think will help him considering they found him guilty in the first place. And it doesn’t exactly show him not spitting in that direction.

Who knows.
Maybe he directed it at the feet of the opposition (still not a very good thing to do) but at least that’s better than “at the player”. Idk. If you’re scummy enough to spit at somebody, I feel like you get a better shot off, rather than aiming for the feet.

And there doesn’t look to be any provocation. Wasn’t the player who tripped him and certainly doesn’t appear he said anything. Seems odd to go up to somebody unsuspecting and spit on them.

Anyway. Hopefully they get it over and done with so we can focus on the football and finals race.

Alton
03-08-2018, 01:44 PM
What intrigues me now is why Magic are “90% likely” to appeal.
A) he was found guilty, rightly or wrongly, based on he said/she said
B) the more “concrete” evidence of the video wasn’t used.
C) the appeal is $1000 and could result in more games
D) they can use the video. Which I don’t think will help him considering they found him guilty in the first place. And it doesn’t exactly show him not spitting in that direction.

Who knows.
Maybe he directed it at the feet of the opposition (still not a very good thing to do) but at least that’s better than “at the player”. Idk. If you’re scummy enough to spit at somebody, I feel like you get a better shot off, rather than aiming for the feet.

And there doesn’t look to be any provocation. Wasn’t the player who tripped him and certainly doesn’t appear he said anything. Seems odd to go up to somebody unsuspecting and spit on them.

Anyway. Hopefully they get it over and done with so we can focus on the football and finals race.

Again, look at the vision, he doesn't spit on him !!

ForeverBlack
03-08-2018, 01:57 PM

Everyone in football in Newcastle who is not aligned with Magic knows that he spat on the kid. Put your hand up and cop your punishment. If they appeal i hope he gets the extra week.

Stanley
03-08-2018, 01:59 PM

Just viewed the footage again and you are correct Alton, he doesn't spit on him at worst on the ground but even that isn't conclusive. If the allegation is that OX spat on the player then I think with video footage allowed in an appeal OX may get off.

03-08-2018, 02:00 PM
Everyone in football in Newcastle who is not aligned with Magic knows that he spat on the kid. Put your hand up and cop your punishment. If they appeal i hope he gets the extra week.

This.

Bremsstrahlung
03-08-2018, 02:48 PM
I’m not really swayed either way.

If you view it thinking he spat at the player, you can make an argument for that.
If you think he didn’t, you can make an argument for that.

Is it 100% conclusive? No.

Not Maradona
03-08-2018, 03:06 PM

The offense isn't spitting on a player, the offense is spitting at a player, carrying a 6 match ban when dealt with on the pitch. He was accused of spitting at a player.

If he didn't spit at the player, what did he do, as video clearly shows an action?

Dontknowmuch
03-08-2018, 04:36 PM
The offense isn't spitting on a player, the offense is spitting at a player, carrying a 6 match ban when dealt with on the pitch. He was accused of spitting at a player.

If he didn't spit at the player, what did he do, as video clearly shows an action?

Surley if he didnt spit then although the vision wasnt seen at the hearing surley he explained what he did do, becuase he definetly made a movement towards the player and the player and the other nearest player instantly react and make a report to the referee. So something must of happen anyone that doesnt except that is a fool. The footage along with the immediate report of the allegation is UNDEFENADABLE and emabarrasing to the Magic football club if they choose to appeal it.

Stanley
03-08-2018, 07:24 PM
Surley if he didnt spit then although the vision wasnt seen at the hearing surley he explained what he did do, becuase he definetly made a movement towards the player and the player and the other nearest player instantly react and make a report to the referee. So something must of happen anyone that doesnt except that is a fool. The footage along with the immediate report of the allegation is UNDEFENADABLE and emabarrasing to the Magic football club if they choose to appeal it.

Two things
1. If it is undefendable surely that's what an appeal will conclude
2. An appeal is also the opportunity to achieve a different outcome if you feel you weren't justly served
Let the judicial system system sort this out

ForeverRed
03-08-2018, 07:29 PM

dontknowmuch sure don’t know much

plague
03-08-2018, 09:42 PM
Footage is turning into the NF.net version of the Zapruder film.

Johnno
03-08-2018, 11:06 PM

Straight from FFA Disciplanary Regulations
7. Spitting at a Player or any other person other than a Match Official
5 additional matches plus the Mandatory Match Suspension
He doesn’t have to spit on him as you may have correctly pointed out as it can’t be conclusively determined where the spit landed.
He only has to spit at him and a panel upon viewing the video would conclusively conclude this occurred.
Guilty.

04-08-2018, 12:34 PM
For a player who has made a career out of being a HAL replacement of sorts he should know better and if he or his supporters claim he didn't spit on him IMO i reckon that is down to his poor aim of the target than anything else, Like his passing.

MFKS
04-08-2018, 07:50 PM
Straight from FFA Disciplanary Regulations
7. Spitting at a Player or any other person other than a Match Official
5 additional matches plus the Mandatory Match Suspension
He doesn’t have to spit on him as you may have correctly pointed out as it can’t be conclusively determined where the spit landed.
He only has to spit at him and a panel upon viewing the video would conclusively conclude this occurred.
Guilty.

But here is the first problem with your statement about a panel viewing it

Northern have been on record that no BarTV footage would be used for disciplinary matters

So if it has been used here or the panel have viewed it privately even just following it in the media then there is Magics get out of gaol card there

Johnno
04-08-2018, 11:34 PM
But here is the first problem with your statement about a panel viewing it

Northern have been on record that no BarTV footage would be used for disciplinary matters

So if it has been used here or the panel have viewed it privately even just following it in the media then there is Magics get out of gaol card there

I’m referring to the appeal hearing where it can be used. No get out of jail Card there.

Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
06-08-2018, 08:27 AM
I’m referring to the appeal hearing where it can be used. No get out of jail Card there.

Wasn't there games on the weekend? This loogie has taken up more airtime than when JFK got shot. Grub, but move on I say...

Fairgo
06-08-2018, 02:28 PM
Olympic V Jaffas one the better games I have watched this year. Will be an interesting few weeks results wise.

Not Maradona
06-08-2018, 10:01 PM
Wasn't there games on the weekend? This loogie has taken up more airtime than when JFK got shot. Grub, but move on I say...

Looks like #SpittleGate will role on for another week https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5568986/mitch-oxborrow-spitting-ban-appeal-to-test-nnswf-judiciary-process/?cs=6188

Lofty
08-08-2018, 08:36 PM
Classy hatrick from the old horse Johnny Maj last night! Perfect time to get in a good run of form before the derby game this Sunday!

Goatscheese
08-08-2018, 08:58 PM
In 2016, Maitland player Ryan Clarke won his appeal to FFA against a NNSWF code of conduct suspension purely on legal grounds relating to judiciary procedure.

Different set of circumstances but one would think Northern are competent enough (pipe dream) to have tightened up their procedure to ensure they won't get done for this again.

Johnno
08-08-2018, 10:27 PM
Was told today by someone connected with Charlestown club that Ned has been given 12 month ban by the club. This true Go Away?

GO AWAY
09-08-2018, 09:54 AM
Was told today by someone connected with Charlestown club that Ned has been given 12 month ban by the club. This true Go Away?

True and Correct mate

W8 WATCHER
09-08-2018, 11:31 AM
Looks like #SpittleGate will role on for another week https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5568986/mitch-oxborrow-spitting-ban-appeal-to-test-nnswf-judiciary-process/?cs=6188

Tip of the day:
OX will get off, and ban overturned
the Spittlegate was mismanged from NNSWF
w8watch this space
:popcorn::brrr:

GO AWAY
09-08-2018, 12:31 PM
Tip of the day:
w8watch this space

There will be riots

ForeverBlack
09-08-2018, 12:55 PM
Tip of the day:
w8watch this space

They won't hold the hearing for the appeal for a few weeks and by that time he would have served most of his suspension

ForeverBlack
09-08-2018, 12:56 PM

Was this for the incident at the midweek game against Olympic a couple of weeks ago

Dontknowmuch
09-08-2018, 12:56 PM
Tip of the day:
w8watch this space

Cant be overturned he has already served at least one game will be at least 2 by the time any appeal is heard. If he gets off on a technicallity still wont change that he did it and that he is a grub for not owning it and the club are a disgrace for trying to defend him.

GO AWAY
09-08-2018, 01:31 PM
Was this for the incident at the midweek game against Olympic a couple of weeks ago

Yes

Alton
09-08-2018, 01:33 PM
Yes
Please explain

Beppe
09-08-2018, 01:38 PM
Please explain

I believe the story goes something like this. Some young Olympic boys were celebrating a goal in the grandstand when the individual in question, hurled abuse at them, including ethnic slurs, and also threatened violence.

absolute grub of a human being, and its individuals like this that need to be removed from our game.

11-08-2018, 06:22 PM
Maitland 1-0 over Jaffa's

ForeverBlack
11-08-2018, 06:23 PM
Massive result for Maitland today .
Charlestown are now out of the semi race and Olympic have to beat Magic tomorrow to keep there season alive

halo se7en
12-08-2018, 05:19 PM
Edgy leave it late. McBreen header gives them 1-0 win and premiership. They certainly didn’t look like a team coming first though.

MFKS
12-08-2018, 09:11 PM
Edgy leave it late. McBreen header gives them 1-0 win and premiership. They certainly didn’t look like a team coming first though.

Every time I have watched Edgy this season they have looked nothing like a team winning a comp

Problem is no one beats them and they keep grinding out results

Have to say the coach has done a stellar job to keep them up there at the top despite the loss of a lot of personnel in the last 12 months

halo se7en
13-08-2018, 07:21 AM
Have to say the coach has done a stellar job to keep them up there at the top despite the loss of a lot of personnel in the last 12 months

Totally agree. Some of the players they had out there yesterday were rubbish.

13-08-2018, 12:48 PM
Not an Edgy supporter but isn't that sign of a good team ?. Racking up results regardless of circumstances. Average clubs experience same issues and slide down the ladder.

halo se7en
13-08-2018, 08:42 PM
Not an Edgy supporter but isn't that sign of a good team ?. Racking up results regardless of circumstances. Average clubs experience same issues and slide down the ladder.

It could be, or it could be a not so good indicator of the state of the competition. I don’t support anyone in this league and ive enjoyed watching Edgy the last few years, they always looked threatening and had quality all over the park. Yesterday it was different- not sure if some usual starters were out though?

ForeverBlack
14-08-2018, 12:51 PM
Who will finish in 4th spot in first grade and who will win the 20s premiership?
Two points seperating the top 4 teams in 20s with Magic and Maitland equal first on points and goal difference and playing each other in the final round

Johnno
14-08-2018, 01:00 PM
Who will finish in 4th spot in first grade and who will win the 20s premiership?
Two points seperating the top 4 teams in 20s with Magic and Maitland equal first on points and goal difference and playing each other in the final round

Maitland in both cases. Magic resting players in 1st grade for FFA Cup next week that will have a flow on effect in their 20’s.

MFKS
14-08-2018, 01:05 PM

To give the ****ers at Northern credit

They have moved the Maitland Magic game to be played Saturday at 6pm at te same time as Olympics game

Good move though I think Magic will play dead to knock Olympic out anyway

magician
14-08-2018, 04:22 PM
To give the ****ers at Northern credit

They have moved the Maitland Magic game to be played Saturday at 6pm at te same time as Olympics game

Good move though I think Magic will play dead to knock Olympic out anyway

Wasn’t the reason it was moved tho. Was Moved so Magic could have an extra days rest before the FFA cup game

Reds Forever
15-08-2018, 07:38 PM
Wasn’t the reason it was moved tho. Was Moved so Magic could have an extra days rest before the FFA cup game

It was actually moved back not forward so can't be due to Magic needing extra rest. Originally was 2:30pm Saturday kick off.

Maitland FB page claims it was due to clashing with U9 SAP games.

ForeverBlack
15-08-2018, 09:05 PM
It was actually moved back not forward so can't be due to Magic needing extra rest. Originally was 2:30pm Saturday kick off.

Maitland FB page claims it was due to clashing with U9 SAP games.

It was actually originally to be played at 2.30 pm on Sunday. Northern contacted Maitland and asked them to move the game to Saturday to give Magic an extra days rest before their ffa cup game on the Tuesday.
Maitland agreed to move it and northern changed the game to 2.30pm Saturday without realising that Maitland were also hosting all of the Sap games on Saturday morning.
Hence why the game was moved back until 6pm.
Try getting the facts right Reds

MFKS
16-08-2018, 01:15 PM
So Northern actually done a good thing by getting the two fixtures of note thus week to KO t the same time so no one gets an unfair advantage in making the semis etc but only achieved it based on their incompetence ??

Sounds about right

Alton
16-08-2018, 01:21 PM
So Northern actually done a good thing by getting the two fixtures of note thus week to KO t the same time so no one gets an unfair advantage in making the semis etc but only achieved it based on their incompetence ??

Sounds about right

Full-time staff not checking all fixtures ????????

traffic light
17-08-2018, 02:35 PM
Full-time staff not checking all fixtures ????????

Only so much a crew can do after coffees and chest puffing about how to best ruin the next competition structure. Might need a fee increase for overtime

Blueboy
17-08-2018, 07:13 PM

Sounds about right

Sounds like a job for you, know everything about nothing

Fairgo
19-08-2018, 01:51 AM
To be fair I think the Jaffas v Lakes game should have been played at 6 pm the same as as the other games as it influenced the final 4. Magic had the unfair advantage knowing their game was a nothing game as they knew they were now guaranteed 2nd position regardless of their result. It also impacted the golden boot award between Sam Walker and Kale B.

Johnno
19-08-2018, 02:08 AM
To be fair I think the Jaffas v Lakes game should have been played at 6 pm the same as as the other games as it influenced the final 4. Magic had the unfair advantage knowing their game was a nothing game as they knew they were now guaranteed 2nd position regardless of their result. It also impacted the golden boot award between Sam Walker and Kale B.

All games should be scheduled on the same day at the same time in the last round. Not only is it fair buts adds to the type of football.

magician
19-08-2018, 09:32 AM
All games should be scheduled on the same day at the same time in the last round. Not only is it fair buts adds to the type of football.

Was great to see Magic play the way they did and not doing any favours for Hamilton

Imyourhero
19-08-2018, 09:36 AM
Was that magic's usual backline?

MFKS
19-08-2018, 10:13 AM
Was great to see Magic play the way they did and not doing any favours for Hamilton

The last 25 mins of keep ball at the back was a bit of a farce though

But Olympic cant complain they had all year to fix their leaky defence and didnt

early_to_the_match
19-08-2018, 10:26 AM
So now the silly season is starting for some teams, what player and coaching movements are on the cards? Will Azzurri still provide a retirement village while Buds offer a Kiddies club? Which clubs underperformed and which surprised us with their achievements?

ForeverRed
19-08-2018, 11:54 AM
Rumour is bears in all sorts

ForeverBlack
19-08-2018, 12:11 PM
So now the silly season is starting for some teams, what player and coaching movements are on the cards? Will Azzurri still provide a retirement village while Buds offer a Kiddies club? Which clubs underperformed and which surprised us with their achievements?

Two standouts for me were
Edgeworth and Maitland. Edgeworth will beat Valo today and win the comp by 11 points which is a massive achievement.
Maitland coming 3rd and only 1 point behind Magic in second place is a successful season for the club . Especially beating Jaffas and Magic in the last two rounds even if they were understrength.
Three underachievers for mine.
Jaffas with the squad and money they have they should have won the comp by 11 points but have only just scraped into the semis.
Olympic perrenial semi finalists who have missed out. All the talk of rebuilding and a young group is a load of rubbish. Tyler Warren Kyle Hodges Cody Lucas Rhys Cooper Tom Davies Jake Bailey Leo Bertos Scott Pettit Simon Mooney . Where are these yoing kids ?
Valentine from nearly making the semis last year to winning only one match this year. Massive underachievers

MFKS
19-08-2018, 01:45 PM
Rumour from the Bar TV coverage last night was Jarryd Sutherland signing for a rival NPL side

They never said who though

Texas Ranger
19-08-2018, 05:47 PM
Two standouts for me were
Edgeworth and Maitland. Edgeworth will beat Valo today and win the comp by 11 points which is a massive achievement.
Maitland coming 3rd and only 1 point behind Magic in second place is a successful season for the club . Especially beating Jaffas and Magic in the last two rounds even if they were understrength.
Three underachievers for mine.
Jaffas with the squad and money they have they should have won the comp by 11 points but have only just scraped into the semis.
Olympic perrenial semi finalists who have missed out. All the talk of rebuilding and a young group is a load of rubbish. Tyler Warren Kyle Hodges Cody Lucas Rhys Cooper Tom Davies Jake Bailey Leo Bertos Scott Pettit Simon Mooney . Where are these yoing kids ?
Valentine from nearly making the semis last year to winning only one match this year. Massive underachievers
Agree on Edgy being the standout achiever, somehow found a way to keep winning. Maitland did well but have a pretty reasonable squad and should have secured semi spot a bit earlier. Magpies also have some good youth coming through. Magic will need to finish strongly in 20s and 1sts or risk missing trophies in all grades including youth, despite being close to top in club championship. Olympic have some good players and should go better next year, but winning club championship for 3rd straight year after over 30 senior players left from last years squad speaks volumes for the coaches and club overall. Jets showed some promise at times, but folded when it counted. Maybe too many youngsters, 16 and 17 year olds, while the 18 and 19 year olds have been moved on or chose the established clubs. Adamstown will need to bolster their squad, but made an impression on some top teams. The Sheriff and his deputies will only get better. Jaffas can still go back to back and win the GF, I'm sure Eagles will be on Edge. Charlestown again disappointing, and not much to be said about the rest.

hamburgler
19-08-2018, 06:36 PM
Anyone know which semis played on which day next two weeks?

Texas Ranger
19-08-2018, 08:29 PM
Anyone know which semis played on which day next two weeks?
http://websites.sportstg.com/comp_info.cgi?client=1-10182-0-481663-0&pool=1001&action=ROUND&round=0

MFKS
19-08-2018, 09:00 PM
http://websites.sportstg.com/comp_info.cgi?client=1-10182-0-481663-0&pool=1001&action=ROUND&round=0

So we not having 2 legged stuff this season and just doing 1v 2 and 3 v 4 Finals?

About time

ForeverBlack
19-08-2018, 09:01 PM
How hopeless are Northern. They can't even get which teams are playing correct

ForeverBlack
19-08-2018, 09:03 PM
So we not having 2 legged stuff this season and just doing 1v 2 and 3 v 4 Finals?

About time

I just think northern have stuffed up again.
It should be Edgy v Jaffas and Magic v Maitland both over 2 legs

Texas Ranger
19-08-2018, 09:30 PM
I just think northern have stuffed up again.
It should be Edgy v Jaffas and Magic v Maitland both over 2 legs
The listed schedule of games certainly contradict the competition rules as shown below.
17. FINAL SERIES FORMAT – SENIORS
Newcastle Jets Youth team is not eligible to compete in Finals Series fixtures.
17.1. Semi Final Series
Week 1 4 v 1
3 v 2
Week 2 2 v 3
1 v 4

MFKS
19-08-2018, 10:04 PM
The listed schedule of games certainly contradict the competition rules as shown below.
17.1. Semi Final Series
Week 1 4 v 1
3 v 2
Week 2 2 v 3
1 v 4

Northern making it up as they are going

Does this really surprise anyone ??

ForeverRed
19-08-2018, 10:22 PM
I’ll stand corrected but I’m pretty sure northern don’t control sporting pulse website

Johnno
19-08-2018, 10:33 PM
I’ll stand corrected but I’m pretty sure northern don’t control sporting pulse website

FR is correct Sporting Pulse just defaults to this did same in NewFM and Women’s comp they’ll fix it tomorrow manually like they did with other comps.

Dontknowmuch
20-08-2018, 03:13 PM
Tip of the day:
w8watch this space

What happened here genius.

The grub got what he deserved.

The whole thing is an embarrasment to the club, in appealing the decision they are condoning what he did. Any parent thinking of sending their kid to this club should think twice if this is the sort of thing they condone at their club. Oxborrow and the club are a disgrace to local football, even more so if they haven't apologise to the player who recieved the filthy act.

Bremsstrahlung
20-08-2018, 03:25 PM
Move on.....

Texas Ranger
20-08-2018, 04:36 PM
Move on.....
Agreed

Dontknowmuch
20-08-2018, 05:58 PM
Move on.....

Why?

Bremsstrahlung
20-08-2018, 06:13 PM
Because it’s taken up too much bandwidth as is, let alone delving through the Foz to find a comment to quote.
Verdict has been handed down, he will serve his punishment, rightly or wrongly.
The Newcastle jets appealed Roy O’Donovans suspension? Does that mean we condone what was done?
There are circumstances that are beyond your knowledge and frankly unless you are Mitch Oxborrow, you don’t know what happened.

He has been suspended and will miss the games and we move on.

Focus on the semis.

magician
20-08-2018, 07:39 PM
17.1. Semi Final Series
Week 1 4 v 1
3 v 2
Week 2 2 v 3
1 v 4

Has been updated
Jaffas vs edgy on Saturday both weeks and maitland play magic on Sunday both games

Texas Ranger
20-08-2018, 07:43 PM
Why?
He may have done the wrong thing and has been dealt with. But your level of vilification is becoming as bad, if not worse than the original mistake. It doesn't rate when it comes to things like domestic violence or even online bullying.

pv4
20-08-2018, 07:54 PM
It doesn't rate when it comes to things like domestic violence or even online bullying.

Two things fairly difficult to do from a football field.

Particularly from a former/current pro, spitting at a player is one of the lowest acts you can do on a football field and if he has been judged to have done so then he can experience some heavy criticism in my opinion.

Stanley
21-08-2018, 03:22 AM
Two things fairly difficult to do from a football field.

Particularly from a former/current pro, spitting at a player is one of the lowest acts you can do on a football field and if he has been judged to have done so then he can experience some heavy criticism in my opinion.

What if he hasn't done it, like he says

Texas Ranger
21-08-2018, 09:58 AM
At worst case he was spitting at his foot or leg, and may have even been on the ground. Certainly disrespectful and worthy of discipline, but have these social media warriors seen the knees, fists, elbows and boots used in some cheap shots that have left players with permanent injuries. Put it in perspective - move on and stop trying to further punish the guy.

pv4
21-08-2018, 10:04 AM

Like I said, if he has been judged to have done so. Which the federation have.

21-08-2018, 10:10 AM
If he didn't spit on him it is all likely probable because he missed through being a bad shot and then tried using that bad shot miss as the technicality he didn't spit on him.

End of section bloke is doing his time.

early_to_the_match
21-08-2018, 06:07 PM
Adamstown accused of fielding ineligible trialist against Central Coast | Newcastle Herald
https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5598580/adamstown-accused-of-fielding-ineligible-trialist-against-central-coast/?cs=7580

MFKS
21-08-2018, 08:11 PM
How in ****sname in a trial match is this really a problem??

It aint a comp game FFS

Who cares if Adamstown got 5 ring ins from the crowd to make up numbers

Joke really

On anothet note good to see Reece Petit going to a better club than Valo

Wasted out there he was

Olympic be looking very good next year if they can get a decent keeper in......:thumbsup:

ForeverRed
21-08-2018, 10:50 PM
Sour grapes from lakes

Premy
21-08-2018, 11:20 PM

Then he is also a liar.

magician
22-08-2018, 06:45 AM
On anothet note good to see Reece Petit going to a better club than Valo

Wasted out there he was

Olympic be looking very good next year if they can get a decent keeper in......:thumbsup:

He hardly stood out in a terrible team. Did nothing to be honest.

hamburgler
22-08-2018, 08:55 AM
He hardly stood out in a terrible team. Did nothing to be honest.

He Was very average this season

Swanky
22-08-2018, 10:24 AM

They have got a good one. he is young and improving. easy to sit in the stands and rubbish players if only you got out there and gave it a go we could all comment on your game

ForeverRed
22-08-2018, 11:37 AM
Not good for valentine, I can’t see much changing at this club next season,

hamburgler
22-08-2018, 11:40 AM
Not good for valentine, I can’t see much changing at this club next season,

Early relegation favourites in 2019 unless Sills & Co can attract some quality

Alton
22-08-2018, 01:47 PM
He Was very average this season

Yep

magician
22-08-2018, 04:49 PM
They have got a good one. he is young and improving. easy to sit in the stands and rubbish players if only you got out there and gave it a go we could all comment on your game

That’s all he has is insults from behind a computer screen. Sums the bloke up. Clearly couldn’t play the game now just bags people out for trying their best

cobra23
22-08-2018, 06:48 PM
That’s all he has is insults from behind a computer screen. Sums the bloke up. Clearly couldn’t play the game now just bags people out for trying their best

The member has an opinion, just like everyone else on here.
At least he speaks his mind and does not favour any club.. just because your beloved Olympic is getting trashed by the member at the moment and you don’t like it.
I don’t here you criticise him when he trash talks any other club

magician
22-08-2018, 08:52 PM
At least he speaks his mind and does not favour any club.. just because your beloved Olympic is getting trashed by the member at the moment and you don’t like it.

My beloved Olympic?? Try again princess

early_to_the_match
22-08-2018, 09:59 PM
I support everyone being able to express their opinion. But when those opinions become personal and bullying of some young guys trying to do their best, then don't be surprised if the repercussions involve other opinions calling out those people as cowardly dickheads.

cobra23
22-08-2018, 11:34 PM
My beloved Olympic?? Try again princess

Sorry ,
Did you go club hopping this year...
Maybe the Maitland moneybagpies

Blueboy
23-08-2018, 06:00 AM

He isn’t trash talking Olympic you clown.
Just continually going out of his way to critise a certain player .
I’m glad you support bullying., certainly typifies the type of person you are

magician
23-08-2018, 06:35 AM
Sorry ,
Did you go club hopping this year...
Maybe the Maitland moneybagpies

Yep you got me 🤔

cobra23
23-08-2018, 09:33 AM
He isn’t trash talking Olympic you clown.
Just continually going out of his way to critise a certain player .
I’m glad you support bullying., certainly typifies the type of person you are

Bullying🤔
If you think a forum member is bullying someone over thinking the kid isn’t good enough for first grade then don’t go to a live npl game then.
Because the direct abuse that players cop from spectators each week thrown at them in person makes MFKS comments look like a nursery rhyme.
And yes clown 🤡 the keeper is from Olympic so there for he is speaking about that club

Bremsstrahlung
23-08-2018, 09:51 AM
It’s a forum, yes. But I don’t think you should be saying anything you wouldn’t say on Facebook, in person or any other forum where your identity is known.
If you post something that you wouldn’t say in those circumstances, chances are you’ve crossed the line.
If you’d be happy to put your name to your comments, then fair game.

fan atic
23-08-2018, 10:40 AM
that's a big call from foreverRed, southy would never have complained whilst you were in a commanding role?
You would be demanded all sorts, shows how hypocritical you are!!!!

footy fan
23-08-2018, 10:54 AM
Sour grapes from lakes

Just shows how much sh_ t on the liver you have since being booted out of sth Cardiff.
you would have been blowing up like a pork chop if it happened to you lot.
obviously no mirrors at you camp

GO AWAY
23-08-2018, 12:49 PM
You"s are funny, least while you are all talking crap, you's are leaving Azzurri and the stags alone :)

Keep going boys haha

Alton
23-08-2018, 01:41 PM
You"s are funny, least while you are all talking crap, you's are leaving Azzurri and the stags alone :)

Keep going boys haha

Gotta pay your bills yet GA

Stanley
23-08-2018, 01:42 PM

Keep going boys haha

How about we stick to football, weekend predictions;
Jaffas 2-0 Edgy
Magic 2-1 Maitland

GO AWAY
23-08-2018, 01:50 PM
Gotta pay your bills yet GA

Nothing to do with me mate ;), just a supporter these days

Swanky
24-08-2018, 05:14 PM
Best news number 1 keeper in the Comp has resigned with Olympic
I hope keyboard warrior #mfks approves

Goalpost
24-08-2018, 07:04 PM

Nothing wrong with someone having an opinion mate. Few too many sherbets I’m guessing

Swanky
24-08-2018, 07:12 PM
Nothing wrong with someone having an opinion mate. Few too many sherbets I’m guessing

Yeah I got 5 from Jim’s today I have 1 left for you if u like

MFKS
24-08-2018, 08:52 PM

No 1 keeper in the comp?

Thought I listed them a while back and he came in 9th??

Ireland
Kelly
Trott
Swancott
Bitz
James
Runge
Plus Edgys keeper

I would have all of them before him

MFKS
25-08-2018, 09:10 PM
1-1 Jaffas and Edgy today

Thought Edgy shaded it but just didnt create enough clear chances and what they did create didnt do a lot with as their finishing was high wide and handsome

The 2 legged football shit though does favour the away side if they are prepared to sit tightish at the back all day and play on the counter

Be interested to see if Magic play a similar way tomorrow

As for the lower grades
Maitland 3 Jets 0 in the 20s
Azzurri and Jets 2-2 in the 18s

magician
25-08-2018, 09:36 PM
The 2 legged football shit though does favour the away side if they are prepared to sit tightish at the back all day and play on the counter

Well lucky both teams get the chance to be the away team then hey ��

MFKS
26-08-2018, 04:19 PM
3-0 Magic at HT

Johnny Maj
Kale with 2 the 2nd a belter of a finish into the top corner from the top of the box

Maitland have tried kicking them and even with a weakish ref letting them get away with it they are still not offering much

Magic owning this game

pessimist
26-08-2018, 05:12 PM
3-0 Magic at HT

Johnny Maj
Kale with 2 the 2nd a belter of a finish into the top corner from the top of the box

Maitland have tried kicking them and even with a weakish ref letting them get away with it they are still not offering much

nup. tragic could have had many more yellows for prof fouls but the ref looked after them.

Maitos back 4 terrible

MFKS
26-08-2018, 06:08 PM
FT

Magic 3
Maitland 1

Oxborrow and James Virgili back for Magic next week as well

magician
26-08-2018, 06:11 PM
FT

Magic 3
Maitland 1

Oxborrow and James Virgili back for Magic next week as well

Might have to take my umbrella ☔️ then

prawnhead
26-08-2018, 07:17 PM

What to wipe away the tears?

Bremsstrahlung
26-08-2018, 07:17 PM

:deadhorse:

magician
26-08-2018, 07:34 PM
What to wipe away the tears?

Na I’ll bring tissues for that 🤷*♂️

ForeverBlack
26-08-2018, 07:40 PM
Maitland defensively were poor.
John Maj found space at will.
The space he had in The box for his first goal was like under 6 defending.
At least Maitland came out and had a go in the second half to pull a goal back but i think this one is over.
Magic just too much firepower for Maitland

MFKS
26-08-2018, 08:07 PM
Maitland defensively were poor.
John Maj found space at will.
The space he had in The box for his first goal was like under 6 defending.
At least Maitland came out and had a go in the second half to pull a goal back but i think this one is over.
Magic just too much firepower for Maitland

Thought Magic coasted in the second and tried protecting their lead a little too much

Thought the final score of 3-1 flatters Maitland

They were a lot further away from Magic today than 2 goals

Alton
27-08-2018, 01:52 PM
Thought Magic coasted in the second and tried protecting their lead a little too much

Thought the final score of 3-1 flatters Maitland

They were a lot further away from Magic today than 2 goals

Bye Bye Bolchy

ForeverBlack
27-08-2018, 02:18 PM
Bye Bye Bolchy

Where is he going ? Flicked ?

Unowhoweare
27-08-2018, 07:26 PM
Where is he going ? Flicked ?

No chance... rumour has it he has signed some really good experience players for next season... 🤨🤨🤨

Blueboy
27-08-2018, 07:45 PM
No chance... rumour has it he has signed some really good experience players for next season... 🤨🤨🤨
Are you going to give us names?

ForeverBlack
27-08-2018, 07:49 PM

Is it rumour season already Uno ? Do tell

early_to_the_match
27-08-2018, 08:48 PM
Maybe that is his problem. Concentrating too much on experience (age) and ignoring youth. It hasn't helped Azzurri.

ForeverBlack
27-08-2018, 09:14 PM
Maybe that is his problem. Concentrating too much on experience (age) and ignoring youth. It hasn't helped Azzurri.

Doing ok for Jaffas

MFKS
27-08-2018, 09:23 PM
Doing ok for Jaffas

Jaffas might have some old heads in Swancott and Griff and Ryan Griff and Jobe but they also got a pile of young blokes in Remington Hay Waller Kantarovski Brown who all have what pushing 100 games at this level

Watching them at the weekend you could make case Griff and Ryan Griff are just about done at this level anyway
Both are struggling out there

Maitland on the other hand are probably far too dependant on Thommo for creativity which is a bit of a load gor a bloke who dont have the legs he once did

They are also a little light up front in my eyes and could do with more goals from their strikers

ForeverBlack
27-08-2018, 09:45 PM
Jaffas might have some old heads in Swancott and Griff and Ryan Griff and Jobe but they also got a pile of young blokes in Remington Hay Waller Kantarovski Brown who all have what pushing 100 games at this level

Watching them at the weekend you could make case Griff and Ryan Griff are just about done at this level anyway
Both are struggling out there

Maitland on the other hand are probably far too dependant on Thommo for creativity which is a bit of a load gor a bloke who dont have the legs he once did

They are also a little light up front in my eyes and could do with more goals from their strikers

Yeah agree with all of that member. Old legs in Thommo and the swans. But they have lost Comerford , Dutton black ,thompson and fayers out of their strikers.
Don't have the players or legs to compete with magic

Unowhoweare
27-08-2018, 10:20 PM
Just for you

1. Goodchild
unhappy with coach and not being properly paid at Charlestown
Has good relationship with swans and Bolch

Joel Wood the other

hamburgler
28-08-2018, 08:42 AM
Just for you

1. Goodchild
unhappy with coach and not being properly paid at Charlestown
Has good relationship with swans and Bolch

Joel Wood the other

Gee if that’s true the Moneybagpies are going to have find even more money, must have some great sponsors or their rego is through the roof

Blueboy
28-08-2018, 09:05 AM
Gee if that’s true the Moneybagpies are going to have find even more money, must have some great sponsors or their rego is through the roof

What are there players on? I’m intrigued .
You seem to know the ins and outs of Maitland.

I guess the likes of Bradbury, ox , virgillis , piddo, faj are all playing for the love of the game

hamburgler
28-08-2018, 09:32 AM
What are there players on? I’m intrigued .
You seem to know the ins and outs of Maitland.

I guess the likes of Bradbury, ox , virgillis , piddo, faj are all playing for the love of the game

Wouldn’t have a clue but common sense says players like Thompson, read, swans, Thornton’s, trott et al aren’t playing for the love of it.

My point is goodchild and woods being established experienced footballers will only add to their wages bill.

immersion
28-08-2018, 10:00 AM
Wouldn’t have a clue but common sense says players like Thompson, read, swans, Thornton’s, trott et al aren’t playing for the love of it.

My point is goodchild and woods being established experienced footballers will only add to their wages bill.

I wouldn't be putting any money on those Maitland player being paid below average.

ForeverBlack
28-08-2018, 11:22 AM
Who cares what Maitland, Jaffas or Charlestown pay their players , is there a salary cap in the Npl ? Clubs can spend whatever they want on their budget as long as they pay it at the end of the season.

MFKS
28-08-2018, 12:51 PM
Who cares what Maitland, Jaffas or Charlestown pay their players , is there a salary cap in the Npl ? Clubs can spend whatever they want on their budget as long as they pay it at the end of the season.

It prpbably more of a bad reflection on the current comp

We have 4/5 spending coin to get to Edgy whom are developing young players

We have 4/5 doing **** all really

Big gulf in clubs starting to form

immersion
28-08-2018, 01:08 PM

Nothing groundbreaking here. For the most part, you have described just about every league in the world.

magician
28-08-2018, 02:14 PM

Developing youth players that they poached from other clubs.
Big point you missed out there

MFKS
28-08-2018, 04:21 PM

Proves then you dont need to spend big on player wages then doesnt it??

Look at the money Azzurri and Maitland have wasted and they have pissed it down the drain for little result this season

I will spare Magic and Jaffas here as they are still in with a realistic shot of taking home the prize

pessimist
28-08-2018, 07:18 PM

Rich coming from most arrogant poaching club in Newy for the last 20 yrs. Most juniors have come to you from other junior clubs at some point.

Now get back to enjoying the blow ins.

mervan
28-08-2018, 08:21 PM
Rich coming from most arrogant poaching club in Newy for the last 20 yrs. Most juniors have come to you from other junior clubs at some point.

Now get back to enjoying the blow ins.

its a money league

immersion
28-08-2018, 10:27 PM
its a money league

pretty much every league is a money league. People want this utopian league where 80+% of players are under the age of 25. They never change clubs. They play for pennies on the dollar and compete with the other powerhouse NPL's.

It's madness. Even in basketball and NFL they have a draft system and still the patriots do well and the cleveland browns suck even when they get top draft picks.

We have a capitalist league the teams who want to put in effort behind the scenes and get sponsors and build their club, get decent coaches and negotiate with players will do well.

Is there a better way to run a league?

Bremsstrahlung
29-08-2018, 08:43 AM
NNSWF now able to use video footage for disciplinary hearings.