PDA

View Full Version : 2018 National Premier League thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

ForeverBlack
29-08-2018, 09:50 AM
NNSWF now able to use video footage for disciplinary hearings.

Yes. Apparently the Northern board didn't know that video evidence wasn't allowed to be used until they read it in the paper during the Spittlegate case.
They then over ruled Eland and Nesbitt who were the ones blocking the use of the video evidence.
Funny how quickly it happened after the PFA became involved in the case

pv4
29-08-2018, 10:10 AM

Australian football really does love a rule change during a season.

Dontknowmuch
29-08-2018, 12:08 PM

Would have saved Magic $1000 and Spitboy his intergrity if they brought it in a few weeks ago.

Premy
29-08-2018, 09:21 PM
Would have saved Magic $1000 and Spitboy his intergrity if they brought it in a few weeks ago.

How would it have saved his integrity? He still spat at someone.

Bremsstrahlung
30-08-2018, 08:35 AM
CCB taking FFA to court to have “Azzurri” reinstated.

Must say, after seeing all these FFA cup teams, I have no problem with this at all as it obviously never worked.

Dontknowmuch
30-08-2018, 01:04 PM
How would it have saved his integrity? He still spat at someone.

True. To spit is one thing but to opemly deny it when footage was so clear is even worse.

Alton
30-08-2018, 02:31 PM
Australian football really does love a rule change during a season.

I wonder how many clubs will thank Magic for taking this on and getting an outcome to suit all. I'll start, well done Magic !!!

MFKS
30-08-2018, 07:41 PM
CCB taking FFA to court to have “Azzurri” reinstated.

Must say, after seeing all these FFA cup teams, I have no problem with this at all as it obviously never worked.

Best thing that could happen would be to get rid of this ridiculous racist policy from Lowy

pessimist
30-08-2018, 08:14 PM
Best thing that could happen would be to get rid of this ridiculous racist policy from Lowy

Lowy did the right thing. Now most of Oz follows the game. Are you a vegan feminist? just curious

MFKS
30-08-2018, 08:31 PM
Lowy did the right thing. Now most of Oz follows the game. Are you a vegan feminist? just curious

How did he do the right thing??

By marginalising and disenfranchising a large section of football support in this country by his bigoted agenda??

Great policy that

The fact that football breaks down racial relighious and cultural barriers across the planet should actually mean that the FFA would use the multiculturalism in football to sell the game in this country

But no they demonise anyone with ethnic links

MFKS
02-09-2018, 04:39 PM
Maitland with 2 pens both legit but soft as

Both saved

Scored 1 from the rebound up 1-0 and now ref sends Magic player off for getting the ball

HAL ref in the making this one

Making for an interesting game this

MFKS
02-09-2018, 05:19 PM
FT Maitland 1-0

Magic v Edgy next week

ForeverBlack
02-09-2018, 06:03 PM
Watched this game on bartv. If Matt Thompson scores the second penalty Maitland win by 4.
Maitland all over Magic for 90 minutes

MFKS
02-09-2018, 07:37 PM
Watched this game on bartv. If Matt Thompson scores the second penalty Maitland win by 4.
Maitland all over Magic for 90 minutes

Were they??

Thought Magic defended their lead from half time of leg 1 and sat back and never really tried to go up a gear

Magic never really looked like scoring today but neither really did Maitland

Plenty of long ball from Maitland so much so my neck is sore

Shame the 9 and 10 who came on in second half arent given more of a run. Both can play and are being wasted at Maitland if they are second to their strikers

ForeverBlack
02-09-2018, 07:59 PM
Were they??

Thought Magic defended their lead from half time of leg 1 and sat back and never really tried to go up a gear

Shame the 9 and 10 who came on in second half arent given more of a run. Both can play and are being wasted at Maitland if they are second to their strikers

The kid who came on at halftime Duggan i think. Outstanding.
The other kid who came on for Clarke i thought was terrible

magician
02-09-2018, 08:02 PM
Were they??

Can give credit to magic last week but not maitland this week. Maitland gave magic 2 goals from terrible defending. You are a clown.
Yet Magic’s game plan the whole yr is pump it long. Confusing review, but you must be spot on. You know everything about nothing

ForeverBlack
02-09-2018, 08:14 PM
Can give credit to magic last week but not maitland this week. Maitland gave magic 2 goals from terrible defending. You are a clown.
Yet Magic’s game plan the whole yr is pump it long. Confusing review, but you must be spot on. You know everything about nothing

MFKS
02-09-2018, 08:40 PM

Dont really need to blow smoke up Maitlands arse as they didnt really do a lot today

How often was Bitz actually tested,?

Not a lot really

Reality was that Magic blew them away in 45 mins and then coasted home

Maitland the weakest side in the finals by a fair way judging by what I have seen from Jaffas and Edgy and Magic

Johnno
02-09-2018, 10:35 PM
The two clubs with the highest player budgets by far Jaffas and Maitland end up winning nothing, not even in grand final. Maitland in particular just keep recruiting players year after year for nothing yet their 20s team in the grand final and won it last year some of those players will be targeted by other clubs because they won’t get a run there. As for their youth 13-16s two teams last, two teams 2nd last, says a lot about where the club is headed.

ForeverBlack
02-09-2018, 10:57 PM
The two clubs with the highest player budgets by far Jaffas and Maitland end up winning nothing, not even in grand final. Maitland in particular just keep recruiting players year after year for nothing yet their 20s team in the grand final and won it last year some of those players will be targeted by other clubs because they won’t get a run there. As for their youth 13-16s two teams last, two teams 2nd last, says a lot about where the club is headed.

Far out you carry on with shit . How would you have any idea of what Jaffas or Maitland's budget would be compared to Magic or Azzurri's.

hamburgler
03-09-2018, 08:41 AM
Far out you carry on with shit . How would you have any idea of what Jaffas or Maitland's budget would be compared to Magic or Azzurri's.

Who cares how much they spend but Johnno’s point is right - 20s have next to no chance of getting a serious go in firsts

ForeverBlack
03-09-2018, 09:07 AM
Who cares how much they spend but Johnno’s point is right - 20s have next to no chance of getting a serious go in firsts

I didn't mention anything about the 20's Hamburgler and he could be right. My point was about club budgets and how Johnno wouldn't have a clue about what clubs spend..
What does it matter what clubs spend , is there a salary cap i am unaware of ?

Johnno
03-09-2018, 09:56 AM
I didn't mention anything about the 20's Hamburgler and he could be right. My point was about club budgets and how Johnno wouldn't have a clue about what clubs spend..
What does it matter what clubs spend , is there a salary cap i am unaware of ?

Hit a nerve FB? Another year another failure and how do you know I don’t know?

ForeverBlack
03-09-2018, 11:05 AM
Hit a nerve FB? Another year another failure and how do you know I don’t know?

No nerves hit johnno. Just think you have no idea and are a keyboard warrior who speaks nothing but shit and bags clubs hiding behind anonymity. Probably done nothing in or for the game in your life

halo se7en
03-09-2018, 12:28 PM
This thread is a joke. About 90% trivial bickering by kids and 10% actual football discussion. Any mods left around here?

GO AWAY
03-09-2018, 03:25 PM
This thread is a joke. About 90% trivial bickering by kids and 10% actual football discussion. Any mods left around here?

Ill do it :)

Walker
03-09-2018, 04:21 PM
Good point
We should all be talking about Saturdays game, what a cracker, sensational

Edgy thru, well played, just kept playing until final whistle
Jaffa’s outstanding effort.

One thing I take from the game is that an 18yo kid with only a few 1st grade starts scores winning goal for Edgy
Jaffa’s 18 yo kids are probably hunting other clubs frustrated because they can’t get a crack

Walker
03-09-2018, 04:54 PM
Olympic building nicely for 2019
Hopefully a couple of good additions to be announced soon

GO AWAY
03-09-2018, 05:43 PM
Good point
We should all be talking about Saturdays game, what a cracker, sensational

Edgy thru, well played, just kept playing until final whistle
Jaffa’s outstanding effort.

One thing I take from the game is that an 18yo kid with only a few 1st grade starts scores winning goal for Edgy
Jaffa’s 18 yo kids are probably hunting other clubs frustrated because they can’t get a crack

Hhhhhmmmmmm happens at a few clubs unfortunately.

magician
03-09-2018, 05:55 PM

Why not give some of their 20s a chance since they made the grandfinal.
You Just stated in your earlier post other teams should 🤦🏼*♂️

Walker
03-09-2018, 06:38 PM
Why not give some of their 20s a chance since they made the grandfinal.
You Just stated in your earlier post other teams should ����*♂️

I believe they will
I also believe additions are youthful as well

So long term looking good

MFKS
03-09-2018, 07:36 PM
I believe they will
I also believe additions are youthful as well

So long term looking good

They getting a new keeper??

purplepatch
03-09-2018, 08:11 PM
So lets put some qualitative assessment into our arguments. Whether we agree or not these are the facts in terms of Club success for teams making semi final football. Seniors /3 and Youth /4 and cumulative eg Magic two out three senior teams makes Semis and one of four Youth make semis for cumulative of 3/7.
Edgy 1/3 + 2/4 = 3/7, Magic 2/3 + 1/4 = 3/7, Maitland 2/3 + 0/4 = 2/7, Jaffas 1/3 + 2/4 = 3/7, Olympic (most successful club) 2/3 + 3/4 = 5/7, Charlestown 1/3 + 0/4 = 1/7, Jets 1/3 + 3/4 = 4/7, LMQ 1/3 + 0/4 = 1/7, Weston 0/3 + 1/4 = 1/7, Buds 0/3 + 1/7 = 1/7, Valo 0/3 + 1/4 = 1/7.
So who has been successful in the Seniors Magic, Olympic, Maitland and the Jets with two of their three senior teams making Semis. The worst performing in Seniors Valo, Buds and Weston with no teams involved in Semi Finals. The best performing Youth clubs Jaffas, Olympic, Jets and Edgy. The worst performing Maitland, Charlestown, LMQ and Valo.
Cumulatively, money spent, youth promoted and other debates aside, its all about performance and the worst performing in 2018 is Valo. Does this help maybe not, but whatever the argument these are the facts. I hope it makes sense.

MFKS
03-09-2018, 08:21 PM
Jets had 20s and 18s in semis in Seniors so your stat is wrong

ForeverBlack
03-09-2018, 08:21 PM
Great work patch. Especially with throwing in the stats.
Now let's sit back and wait for the negative comments to begin

ForeverBlack
03-09-2018, 08:26 PM
To go another step regardless of budgets etc.
If you ask any first grade coach at the start of the season what their goal for the season is and everyone of them would say that their goal for the season was a top 4 spot and semi final football.
So 4 clubs made the 1st grade semis.
Successful seasons for them and not so successful for the other 7 ?

purplepatch
03-09-2018, 08:37 PM
Jets had 20s and 18s in semis in Seniors so your stat is wrong

Sorry. Shit. I hated stats at school. Will amend. Many thanks.

MFKS
03-09-2018, 08:49 PM
To go another step regardless of budgets etc.
If you ask any first grade coach at the start of the season what their goal for the season is and everyone of them would say that their goal for the season was a top 4 spot and semi final football.
So 4 clubs made the 1st grade semis.
Successful seasons for them and not so successful for the other 7 ?

Considering Jets Yoof cant make the semis exactly how would not making the semis be deemed an unuccessful season for them??

ForeverBlack
03-09-2018, 08:56 PM
Considering Jets Yoof cant make the semis exactly how would not making the semis be deemed an unuccessful season for them??

Yeah good call member. And i actually thought the jets youth were a lot better this year than they have been in past couple of years.
So 4 successful clubs
1 club with a pass
6 unsuccessful clubs

early_to_the_match
03-09-2018, 09:08 PM
I heard Runge the new keeper, that will please at least 1 member. Who else?

Walker
03-09-2018, 09:42 PM
I heard Runge the new keeper, that will please at least 1 member. Who else?

Very much in line with rebuilding the coaches previous youth team
Look to bolster defence as well

travellingman
04-09-2018, 07:38 AM
Very much in line with rebuilding the coaches previous youth team
Look to bolster defence as well

If you're going to replace players don't you go for someone that is better in that position? Runge is a long way from being a top NPL keeper.

GO AWAY
04-09-2018, 10:37 AM
If you're going to replace players don't you go for someone that is better in that position? Runge is a long way from being a top NPL keeper.

Josh Lowe couldn't get in Azzurri 19s a couple of years ago, now in a First Grade GF against Magic on Mcdonald Jones Stadium. Coaches need faith in young blokes instead of " names " like Zany does. Im sure runge will do a job.

MFKS
04-09-2018, 01:01 PM

Been NYL keeper for the Jets and Gypos the laat few years

Jets called him up to fill in the other week in their trial at Maitland V Gypos

So someone other than you must rate him highly

Bremsstrahlung
04-09-2018, 02:20 PM
Have seen very little advertisements regarding the NPL grand final.

travellingman
04-09-2018, 05:58 PM
Been NYL keeper for the Jets and Gypos the laat few years

Jets called him up to fill in the other week in their trial at Maitland V Gypos

So someone other than you must rate him highly

He got called up because the top four teams were in the playoffs and wouldn't release their keeper even if they were asked. He is a product of the Goldman academy so that would help for a call up.

Walker
04-09-2018, 07:05 PM

Can’t read we’re I said he was the best keeper in the NPL, so not sure what you are on about

But I will say players going to clubs is often very much a coaches call, if coach is comfortable with a player in a position, happy with how they play that position and believe that they will fit in with the coaches philosophy, then that might be a better solution than the “best” player

W8 WATCHER
04-09-2018, 10:41 PM
He got called up because the top four teams were in the playoffs and wouldn't release their keeper even if they were asked. He is a product of the Goldman academy so that would help for a call up.

goldman academy
:facepalm:

magician
05-09-2018, 02:09 PM
Since the big day is nearly upon us. Who is going to win
My predictions
Jets 3-0
Maitland to win on pens
Edgy 2-1

early_to_the_match
05-09-2018, 02:28 PM
Since the big day is nearly upon us. Who is going to win
My predictions
Jets 3-0
Maitland to win on pens
Edgy 2-1
Sounds about right.

MFKS
05-09-2018, 09:01 PM
Last 3 years Edgy have ended Magics season

2017 on Pens in the semi
2016 2-1 in the GF without Piddo playing who was injured
2015 away goals in the semi

Magic have been incredibly stiff luck wise against them as the results could easily have gone the other way

They also havent beaten them in quite a few years

I thinking that will change Saturday night

Olympic in the 20s
Jets in the 18s

Lofty
06-09-2018, 08:15 PM
Two days out from the big dance and it’s a ghost town in here. Maybe someone should have accused someone of doing something on the pitch so everyone had something to talk about.

MFKS
06-09-2018, 08:39 PM
Two days out from the big dance and it’s a ghost town in here. Maybe someone should have accused someone of doing something on the pitch so everyone had something to talk about.

Well Azzurri have confirmed Goodchild and Smith are staying put at Azzurri

So there goes the rumour of Maitand reunion for Goodchild at Bolch

plague
06-09-2018, 09:39 PM

to be brutally honest the second they took it away from sunday arvos it fell off my list of 'must do events'.

yes thats lazy of me, but for anyone who has gone to McDonald Jones to watch it, are the crowds any bigger? is it a better event?

Lofty
06-09-2018, 09:42 PM
to be brutally honest the second they took it away from sunday arvos it fell off my list of 'must do events'.

yes thats lazy of me, but for anyone who has gone to McDonald Jones to watch it, are the crowds any bigger? is it a better event?

I agree. I’m a bit more excited for the zone premier league grand final; Suns v Kotara at magic on Sunday arvo.
Didn’t get to the NPL gf last year, but will be there this year. Won’t make judgement on the atmosphere until I’ve seen it first hand.

MFKS
06-09-2018, 10:59 PM

Last year KO was at 7:00 or 7 :30 or something like that

It was ****ing freezing there in the late arvo as the sun set

All right for the clowns in the Corporate Box out of the elements but not good for the plebs

This year they have brought it forward an hour or so hopefully not as bad

Ticket prices increased and booking in advance was dearer than walking up on the day thanks to all the booking fees

Crowd was noticeably down last year and atmosphere sucks

3/4k at Magic Park is a good thing

3/4k at Stade de Griffo is a joke

I for one think if they going to have it there they need to go back to the 3 pm KO for First Grade

Premy
07-09-2018, 12:07 AM
Needs to be on a stand alone weekend. 3 divisions of Zone Leagues have their finals on the same day and one after it the following day.
I know for myself I'll be on the tins all day then into the evening I'll be either celebrating or commiserating with my mates after their game.

Blueboy
07-09-2018, 05:56 PM
Hearing 2 departures from Olympic.
Tom Davis - Maitland
Jacob Bailey - Adamstown

ForeverBlack
07-09-2018, 08:48 PM
Tom Davis - Maitland
Jacob Bailey - Adamstown

Hodges to Azzurri

hamburgler
07-09-2018, 09:47 PM
Tom Davis - Maitland
Jacob Bailey - Adamstown

Olympic FB - Tom Davies has resigned with Olympic for 2019

hamburgler
07-09-2018, 09:48 PM
Hodges to Azzurri

Olympic FB - Hodges has re-signed with Olympic for 2019

Blueboy
07-09-2018, 09:53 PM
Olympic FB - Tom Davies has resigned with Olympic for 2019

Going to Maitland

GO AWAY
08-09-2018, 01:50 PM
Interesting to read Edgeworths team tonight, so much youth, with most at a guess being U20 ?? Maxwell, cawley, Lowe, atayde off the top of my head, good to see faith in youth

ForeverBlack
08-09-2018, 02:22 PM
Interesting to read Edgeworths team tonight, so much youth, with most at a guess being U20 ?? Maxwell, cawley, Lowe, atayde off the top of my head, good to see faith in youth

How many are actually Edgy juniors out of the group do you know Go Away ?
Not having a go at Edgy as they do a great job promoting youth.
More a question of are there actually any of the kids that have came through the Edgy npl youth set up or are they good young players that they have attracted from other clubs at say 17 or 18 and then developed them into 1st graders

W8 WATCHER
08-09-2018, 03:22 PM
More a question of are there actually any of the kids that have came through the Edgy npl youth set up or are they good young players that they have attracted from other clubs at say 17 or 18 and then developed them into 1st graders

to answer your question FB- ZERO from that list

on another note, watching coverage in 18's
NNSWF and Bartv not real smart.
Biggest day for football in Newy and coverage of empty seats, move the crowd on that side, or cover game from there.
lack lustre to say the least for the youngsters.

MFKS
08-09-2018, 03:23 PM

Does it really matter?

If Edgy have confidence in their ability to spot talent and then nurture and develop it then what is thge problem??

Other clubs are out there trying to be buying comps like Azzurri Jaffas Maitland etc

Edgy showing there is another way to do things

W8 WATCHER
08-09-2018, 03:31 PM
Does it really matter?

If Edgy have confidence in their ability to spot talent and then nurture and develop it then what is thge problem??

Other clubs are out there trying to be buying comps like Azzurri Jaffas Maitland etc

Edgy showing there is another way to do things

crowd goes wild in the stands
good to see the squadron in fine presence and voice

MFKS
08-09-2018, 04:04 PM
How to you go from 1-0 up to losing a Grand Final 7-1??

Bit of a capitulation from Lakes that was

That own goal though was worth the price of admission

Thomas477
08-09-2018, 06:08 PM
Well then.

:popcorn:

MFKS
08-09-2018, 06:17 PM
How are you seeing the U/20s?

Tight game

Olympic edged it

Good keeper

:brrr:

MFKS
08-09-2018, 06:37 PM
Come back to the prem

You want a date or something??:brrr:

MFKS
08-09-2018, 08:04 PM
Not with you Jared Undery

If I buy you a beer will you drop it??

MFKS
08-09-2018, 08:10 PM
I’ll drop you

I not a football hurtling through the air you know??

plague
08-09-2018, 08:33 PM
whats the crowd like over there Member?

MFKS
08-09-2018, 08:38 PM
Virgin

We know you are not

You cop a right hammering in the box every weekend

MFKS
08-09-2018, 08:40 PM
whats the crowd like over there Member?

Not that big really

Should be on a Sunday arvo

Magic coasting at 2-0 after 74 mins though

MFKS
08-09-2018, 09:12 PM
Magic have been incredibly stiff luck wise against them as the results could easily have gone the other way

They also havent beaten them in quite a few years

I thinking that will change Saturday night

Olympic in the 20s
Jets in the 18s

3 from 3 picked

With insight like that I probably right about the top 9 keepers in the NPL as well

:thumbsup:

plague
08-09-2018, 09:21 PM
3 from 3 picked

With insight like that I probably right about the top 9 keepers in the NPL as well

:thumbsup:

You're now smarter than Robbie Slater.

ForeverBlack
08-09-2018, 09:34 PM
I’ll drop you
I hope you catch up with this guy Tyler Warren. Has given you an absolute bagging on here from behind his keyboard.
See if he has a big mouth when standing in front of you

MFKS
08-09-2018, 09:43 PM
You're now smarter than Robbie Slater.
Nothing to brag asbout

I was always smarter than Robbie Slater

Only Gypos are dumber than him

Superdylan
08-09-2018, 11:05 PM
😅 😅

So much cringe from this tyler warren bloke

Good night at the grand final. And agree with MFKS it should have been an afternoon game today. Although it was abit cool all day and night there.

Stanley
09-09-2018, 07:42 AM
Not that big really

Should be on a Sunday arvo

Magic coasting at 2-0 after 74 mins though

Most one sided GF I have watched in a long time, Magic a class above Edgeworth. Congrats to Edgeworth for winning the premiership and making it to GF day.

immersion
09-09-2018, 06:23 PM
Most one sided GF I have watched in a long time, Magic a class above Edgeworth. Congrats to Edgeworth for winning the premiership and making it to GF day.

I agree. I bet Edgeowrth are really dissappointed with their performance.

Anyone else feel like Zane's choice of making some pretty big changes of Wheeler into the 6, Dom B back to left back and Josh Rose next to Josh Evans was a bizzar and costly mistake? I know hindsight is 20/20. I thought Wheeler was really average when playing midfield this year. Dom B in midfield is a brilliant ball winner though average ball player against the stronger teams. I thought if they could have kept things largely the same they may have been better off as the team is used to their strengths and weakness and can adjust accordinagly.

Zane said in the minterview after the game that they didn't defend well, i wonder if the changes above were a major cause of that?

On the other hand Rubens tactics were fantastic. Shane paul at left back really caught me by surprise and he did well. Obviously losing John G last to a red card was not ideal. But a minimal change to the playing personnel worked wonders i thought.

Still have no idea why Edgeworth never changed anything, unless he made subtle changes.

Also Edgy may have played their GF last weekend in what was one of the best matches in the State league/NPL history surely?

Bremsstrahlung
12-09-2018, 09:50 AM
NNSW claim they lost $25,000 on GF day.

That’s a lot of money that could be better spent.

1. They need NPL grand final to be the ultimate day in Newcastle football. All comps should be done by the Sunday afternoon 1st Grade kick off.

2. Sunday, daytime. Allow people to make a day of it. Allow teams to use it as an end of season day. Can they bend the rules a little and allow marquees on the hills? I get this is determined by stadium control, but worth a shot.

3. Offer 2 for 1 or discounted combination deals for NEW FM and NPL finals. Get out to ZPL and all age and increase awareness of the NPL. I think the concept is perhaps a little lost on a lot of casual players, especially in interdistrict comps.

4. Do we explore splitting comps?
18s -9:30 KO
20s 11:30 KO
First grade NEWFM: 1:30KO
First Grade NPL: 4pm KO
At the stadium.

Could also plan to have Other New FM grades at Magic Park in the Morning and finishing before 1pm. To allow everyone to get over to the Stadium for first Grade.

I’d like to see them try something different and try to make it work.
It has potential to be a great occasion. And atm it’s being let down by lack of numbers and atmosphere.

Speedymetric
12-09-2018, 09:52 AM
Are there any grand finals left in any grades or even juniors left to watch this weekend?

Bremsstrahlung
12-09-2018, 10:13 AM
I don’t think so.

ForeverBlack
12-09-2018, 10:21 AM
Are there any grand finals left in any grades or even juniors left to watch this weekend?

All npl youth grand finals are on this Saturday at Magic park. First game kicks off at 9.45am

Speedymetric
12-09-2018, 11:05 AM
All npl youth grand finals are on this Saturday at Magic park. First game kicks off at 9.45am

Thank you

Stanley
12-09-2018, 01:28 PM
Thank you

Spent a couple of hours at Darling Street oval last weekend watching NPL YOUTH games and WOW how good are some of those young boys, I think it will be worth a trip to Magic Park on Saturday to watch the grand finals.

Stanley
12-09-2018, 01:50 PM
Any news on player movements, Jaffas apparently have two former A-League players heading their way. Looks like Pascoe is setting up an A-League retirement village.

Alton
12-09-2018, 01:51 PM
Spent a couple of hours at Darling Street oval last weekend watching NPL YOUTH games and WOW how good are some of those young boys, I think it will be worth a trip to Magic Park on Saturday to watch the grand finals.
Can't be bothered Stan, too long a season !!

Alton
12-09-2018, 01:52 PM
Any news on player movements, Jaffas apparently have two former A-League players heading their way. Looks like Pascoe is setting up an A-League retirement village.

He was the first applicant.

Premy
12-09-2018, 02:28 PM
NNSW claim they lost $25,000 on GF day.

That’s a lot of money that could be better spent.

1. They need NPL grand final to be the ultimate day in Newcastle football. All comps should be done by the Sunday afternoon 1st Grade kick off.

2. Sunday, daytime. Allow people to make a day of it. Allow teams to use it as an end of season day. Can they bend the rules a little and allow marquees on the hills? I get this is determined by stadium control, but worth a shot.

3. Offer 2 for 1 or discounted combination deals for NEW FM and NPL finals. Get out to ZPL and all age and increase awareness of the NPL. I think the concept is perhaps a little lost on a lot of casual players, especially in interdistrict comps.

4. Do we explore splitting comps?
18s -9:30 KO
20s 11:30 KO
First grade NEWFM: 1:30KO
First Grade NPL: 4pm KO
At the stadium.

Could also plan to have Other New FM grades at Magic Park in the Morning and finishing before 1pm. To allow everyone to get over to the Stadium for first Grade.

I’d like to see them try something different and try to make it work.
It has potential to be a great occasion. And atm it’s being let down by lack of numbers and atmosphere.

NPL Grand Final needs to be a stand alone fixture, Maybe have the WNPL Final as a curtian raiser but that's it.

New FM, Zone Leagues, NPL youth, NPL U,18s/U20s WNPL youth, All Age, O35s and Junior Football should all be finished the weekend before. Make sure no clubs organize presentation days or club functions on the same weekend.

Stand alone weekend with a NPL & WNPL double header grand final with no other football commitments.

immersion
12-09-2018, 02:56 PM
He was the first applicant.

hahaha this guy

Blueboy
12-09-2018, 03:04 PM

Who are the players?

Stanley
13-09-2018, 01:09 PM
Who are the players?

Durante was one named mentioned

Texas Ranger
18-09-2018, 12:33 PM
Apparently yesterday was retirement day for players in the Jets academy that are no longer wanted. Any news on what clubs are picking up the dregs?

onlooker
18-09-2018, 01:19 PM
Just reading about the triple header finals the Victorian comp are having this weekend. With the NPL final, women’s final and the Promotion/relegation playoff all being played at aami Park on the same day. Surely someone from northern can see this and think maybe that’s what we should do so they ain’t losing money hand over fist like they have for the past few s Adonis with our GF and they way it is set up. How is it we are not learning from the comps that are clearly miles ahead on the way they are run.

immersion
18-09-2018, 01:56 PM
Just reading about the triple header finals the Victorian comp are having this weekend. With the NPL final, women’s final and the Promotion/relegation playoff all being played at aami Park on the same day. Surely someone from northern can see this and think maybe that’s what we should do so they ain’t losing money hand over fist like they have for the past few s Adonis with our GF and they way it is set up. How is it we are not learning from the comps that are clearly miles ahead on the way they are run.

Agreed.

They should also consider the fact all the other major comps play more matches too.

VIC: 26 matches
QLD: 26 matches
NSW: 22 matches

I would think they should be considering cutting back to 10 teams and going 3 rounds. I understand there would be more work at the admin level. Though more football would leave almost everyone happy i'd think?

This could be the reason why players are leaving NNSW to venture off to other comps. More matches better chance to improve. More matches will also get the players more money. Plus of course the other comps pay more.

The NNSW off season for players is extrmely long.

What are other peoples thoughts?

Hunter403
18-09-2018, 04:31 PM
Apparently yesterday was retirement day for players in the Jets academy that are no longer wanted. Any news on what clubs are picking up the dregs?

Those players will be very popular in the NPL. They are worth 0 points on your roster. Attractive to a club (and probably $$)

MFKS
18-09-2018, 08:20 PM
Agreed.

They should also consider the fact all the other major comps play more matches too.

VIC: 26 matches
QLD: 26 matches
NSW: 22 matches

I would think they should be considering cutting back to 10 teams and going 3 rounds. I understand there would be more work at the admin level. Though more football would leave almost everyone happy i'd think?

This could be the reason why players are leaving NNSW to venture off to other comps. More matches better chance to improve. More matches will also get the players more money. Plus of course the other comps pay more.

The NNSW off season for players is extrmely long.

What are other peoples thoughts?

Considering most of thge clubs have no access issues to their grounds all year round then why cant they not play more games??

Season goes for 4/5 months for some clubs

This is an area where all levels of football need to increase the season anyway

My nephews played juniors and they started end of April and finshed early August

Way to short a season to be developing players

Goatscheese
18-09-2018, 11:12 PM
Considering most of thge clubs have no access issues to their grounds all year round then why cant they not play more games??

Season goes for 4/5 months for some clubs

This is an area where all levels of football need to increase the season anyway

My nephews played juniors and they started end of April and finshed early August

Indeed I have nephews in SA and that started early March and only finished a couple weeks ago.

sammydog
18-09-2018, 11:38 PM

Given the cricket use doesn't start till mid October on many grounds, we could easily fit in almost two months of extra football. No reason the season cant start earlier either.

Swanky
19-09-2018, 09:34 AM
Given the cricket use doesn't start till mid October on many grounds, we could easily fit in almost two months of extra football. No reason the season cant start earlier either.

Cricket starts on 29th September Grade and 6th October for C&S but we have the grounds from 1st April to 30th September in Newcastle council just need juniors to begin 1st week of April not last week of April

sammydog
19-09-2018, 12:52 PM
Cricket starts on 29th September Grade and 6th October for C&S but we have the grounds from 1st April to 30th September in Newcastle council just need juniors to begin 1st week of April not last week of April

Do you know when Junior cricket starts? Thats who usually uses the pitch at our ground.

mervan
19-09-2018, 10:12 PM
Do you know when Junior cricket starts? Thats who usually uses the pitch at our ground.

Sammy note also that the cricket guys have a pre season as well usually the month of September.

ForeverBlack
29-09-2018, 11:57 PM
Player movement rumours.
Adamstown
- Ins
-Outs Turnbull

Azzurri
- Ins Pasquale. Archibald
- Outs Ireland . Ljubo and Minors

Broadmeadow
- Ins Kantarovski
- Outs Shane Paul. Dino. Broadley

Edgeworth
- Ins Keanu Moore . Aiden Bryce
- Outs Byrnes . McBreen . Pasquale

Hamilton
- Ins Reece Pettit. Pat Brown
- Outs Tom Davies. Bailey. Mooney.
Bertos

Lakes
- Ins Daniel Minors.
- Outs Fletcher. Schicawe

Lambton
- Ins Durante. Bailey
- Outs Kantarovski. Mapu. Brown. Jobe. Joel Griffiths

Maitland
- Ins Tom Davies. Joel Wood
- Outs Fayers. Dutton Black

Valentine
- Ins
- Outs Pettit. Zac Sneddon. Carter. Wood

Weston
- Ins Sneddon . Turnbull
- Outs Maguire . Morris

hamburgler
30-09-2018, 12:03 PM
Player movement rumours.
Adamstown
- Ins
-Outs Turnbull

Azzurri

Broadmeadow
- Ins Kantarovski

Edgeworth

Hamilton
Bertos

Lakes
- Ins Daniel Minors.

Lambton
- Ins Durante. Bailey

Maitland

Valentine
- Ins

Weston
- Ins Sneddon . Turnbull
- Outs Maguire . Morris

Valo in all sorts and surely favorites for relegation

ForeverRed
30-09-2018, 03:19 PM
There’s no relegation, it’s up to NNSWF on who’s in and who’s out

MFKS
30-09-2018, 07:22 PM

That is precisely why our game is being held back

Promotion and Relegation should be mandatory through the NNSW Federation comp

Clubs should have a clear pathway up from Zone League 3 to NPL and back downwards

The current set up is a joke and causes mediocrity

hamburgler
30-09-2018, 07:56 PM

No relegation till the end of the 3 year period which ends at end of 2019 season , so do we know for sure from that point Norrhern will not reinstate promotion/ relegation??

Hunter403
02-10-2018, 03:58 PM
No relegation till the end of the 3 year period which ends at end of 2019 season , so do we know for sure from that point Norrhern will not reinstate promotion/ relegation??

Relegation and promotion from and to the NPL will only occur if the club that has won promotion meets NPL criteria and has a licence. In other words, no promotion and relegation until we have an NPL2.

Negative Police
02-10-2018, 10:23 PM
Where is Mapu off to?

Johnno
02-10-2018, 10:34 PM
Where is Mapu off to?
His retiring underwent 4th knee reconstruction after doing ACL again.

onlooker
03-10-2018, 01:15 PM
Can’t see Ayden Brice coming back to Edgy, last I heard Melbourne Knights resigned him for next season.

Alton
03-10-2018, 01:19 PM
Durante will be massive for Jaffas

Football lover
03-10-2018, 08:57 PM
Valo in all sorts and surely favorites for relegation

Keanu and ayden both have re-signed back in Melbourne for 2019

Where do people get these rumours from ? Hahaha

hamburgler
03-10-2018, 10:45 PM
Keanu and ayden both have re-signed back in Melbourne for 2019

Where do people get these rumours from ? Hahaha

You obviously didn’t read my comments based on FB’s rumoured player movements. If FB is anywhere near correct, valo will struggle. Last this year and lost a few of their better players. That part is confirmed. What is unknown is who they may sign. But unless they sign a number I would be confident in them coming last again.

But spreading rumours mate, just commenting on other posts!

Alton
09-10-2018, 01:24 PM
Any news on signings?

GO AWAY
09-10-2018, 03:03 PM
Any news on signings?
I'd be keeping a close eye on Azzurri movements just quietly

immersion
09-10-2018, 04:44 PM

Comings or goings?

ForeverBlack
09-10-2018, 06:05 PM
Players not getting paid again Go Away ?

MFKS
09-10-2018, 08:45 PM

Who they poaching now??

ForeverBlack
09-10-2018, 11:06 PM
Who they poaching now??

Tyler Warren

GO AWAY
10-10-2018, 10:36 AM
Players not getting paid again Go Away ?

No idea, have nothing to do with the club anymore, all payments finalised October 31 in the past, so id imagine it is the same this year.

immersion
10-10-2018, 11:04 AM

Just quietly? You have posted this to a public message board that must have hundreds of members LOL.

No idea, have nothing to do with the club anymore, all payments finalised October 31 in the past, so id imagine it is the same this year.

You have nothing to do with the club anymore though you still know about players coming in or going out?

Why not post what you know or not post at all (regarding players)? The last couple of posts on this thread have been about your comment that offers no value. Is it attention you seek? I say this because you offer no names regarding signings but are willing to comment.

These are just obervations and no I have intended malice behind my comments.

Alton
10-10-2018, 01:42 PM
Tyler Warren

You have to be kidding?

Why Blue
10-10-2018, 03:42 PM
Always some drama at CCB

GA, thoughts on why they would move so many promising young players on, including young GA and the under 20 players player, then bring Pasquale to the club, why ???

GO AWAY
10-10-2018, 04:19 PM
Always some drama at CCB

GA, thoughts on why they would move so many promising young players on, including young GA and the under 20 players player, then bring Pasquale to the club, why ???

Young bloke was offered a contract mate, but I guess he felt if he was seriously in coaches plans he would have got more game time then eight off the bench this year, especially with injuries up front and in the midfield, just wants to play football so has chose to go back to his home club under a good coach in Dmac and leaving door open down the track when the 30+ blokes decide to hang up the boots or get moved on. No ill feeling there he loves the club.

As for the rest of the 20s, who knows.

Why Blue
10-10-2018, 04:32 PM
Fair enough
I think coach's plans only include experience, hasn't got time to develop

Good plan not burning bridges.......I might try that one day😄😄😄

MFKS
10-10-2018, 05:06 PM
You have to be kidding?

He just trying to troll me

ForeverBlack
12-10-2018, 09:09 PM
Marcus Duncan back to Olympic .
How many clubs is that in 12 months.
Left Olympic to join Maitland. Left Maitland to join Bentley Green. Left Bentley Green to join Jaffas and now left Jaffas to rejoin Olympic.
What a merry go round.

Bremsstrahlung
13-10-2018, 12:29 PM
Left Olympic to join Maitland. Left Maitland to join Bentley Green. Left Bentley Green to join Jaffas and now left Jaffas to rejoin Olympic.
What a merry go round.

Add Jamie Burns to the mix. Hard to imagine somebody with more kits

ForeverBlack
13-10-2018, 01:17 PM
Add Jamie Burns to the mix. Hard to imagine somebody with more kits

Daniel Minors surely tops the list.
Azzurri
Edgeworth
Valentine
Magic
Toronto
Azzurri
Lakes
That's all in 5 seasons

Walker
15-10-2018, 08:09 PM
What a merry go round.

He has found his home again now, sometimes the young fellas need to look around to know they had it good
Will be good for him and Olympic

Walker
15-10-2018, 08:11 PM
Daniel Minors surely tops the list.
Azzurri
Edgeworth
Valentine
Magic
Toronto
Azzurri
Lakes
That's all in 5 seasons

In reality it’s in three seasons, but as I just said, sometimes the young fellas got to sow their oats
Can’t imagine he will stay long at Lakes either

Walker
15-10-2018, 08:20 PM

Anything more to offer on this go away

Big statement with no follow up for a week now, or do we need to wait till 31/10
You say your son was offered a contract but chose to leave, why ? Do you know something.
Always lots of chat about Azzurri, usually based around financial stability.

Have also head that Hamilton Azzurri aren’t gonna sit back back and watch the Azzurri name go elsewhere

Players, money, name always plenty going on at Azzurri

MFKS
15-10-2018, 09:03 PM
Anything more to offer on this go away

Big statement with no follow up for a week now, or do we need to wait till 31/10
You say your son was offered a contract but chose to leave, why ? Do you know something.
Always lots of chat about Azzurri, usually based around financial stability.

Have also head that Hamilton Azzurri aren’t gonna sit back back and watch the Azzurri name go elsewhere

Players, money, name always plenty going on at Azzurri

Usually it about now the parents of juniors are blowing up about having to get fees in for next year just so seniors can be paid for this year

Maybe that what he referring to

Walker
20-10-2018, 05:24 PM
Seems Ben Hay is swapping premiership medals for wooden spoons
Why ?

After reading article not just seeing pic maybe there was a reason, according to Sills he wanted Hay to challenge himself, well looks like Ben likes a challenge
Sills also reckons he has two more experienced players coming
Has to only way Valentine can survive is to spend money even then I think they would need a massive sence of adventure.
But I can understand why they put the Hay signing in the Herald, might convince a few others,

ForeverBlack
21-10-2018, 04:57 PM
Player movement rumours.
Adamstown
- Ins
-Outs Turnbull

Azzurri

Broadmeadow
- Ins Kantarovski

Edgeworth

Hamilton
Bertos

Lakes
- Ins Daniel Minors.

Lambton
- Ins Durante. Bailey

Maitland

Valentine
- Ins

Weston
- Ins Sneddon . Turnbull
- Outs Maguire . Morris

Ben Hay and Jake Bailey to Valentine on big $$$ deals

immersion
22-10-2018, 07:44 AM

You're 100% right. This is not about a challenge. This is about money and nothing else. Ben Hay at Jaffers this didn't win anything. He had a challenge already in place at Jaffers. The only reason to leave is for money.

In my opinion this will be a decision when he is older that he'll regret.

I've also heard that he is going on holidays next season and this extra money is for his holiday. Anyone one else heard this?

cobra23
22-10-2018, 11:12 AM
You're 100% right. This is not about a challenge. This is about money and nothing else. Ben Hay at Jaffers this didn't win anything. He had a challenge already in place at Jaffers. The only reason to leave is for money.

I've also heard that he is going on holidays next season and this extra money is for his holiday. Anyone one else heard this?

who is Ben Hay ?

immersion
22-10-2018, 11:29 AM
who is Ben Hay ?

A central mifielder who came through the jets program. Played at Lambton for the past few years. Was in the team when Lambton won the GF last year. IMO one of the better midfielders in the comp.

Alton
22-10-2018, 02:34 PM

Yes, just the other day before he signed

JettyJet
22-10-2018, 04:22 PM
Who is coaching Valentine?

Walker
22-10-2018, 06:41 PM
Who is coaching Valentine?

Darren Sills, but your right “who”
Valentine have under performed, finishing last this year, leaving them in a position were they have no option but to throw dollars around to try and save them
Maybe should have offered the big bucks to a coach like Zane, then the players follow
Maybe should have done that this year and had two years to put a plan in place
Instead they did nothing in 2018 now have to scramble in 2019 to save themselves,

Walker
22-10-2018, 06:50 PM

Agree with your comments 100%, I was being a bit cheeky with the challenge bit, I think it was Darren Sills way of saying we are paying shit loads

IMO Hay is one of the better players in the NPL full stop. But he has benifited from being at a strong club with experience around him, I think he will make a difference to Valentine, but hopefully not at cost of his own games development

MFKS
22-10-2018, 10:23 PM

So what if it is about the cash ??

Why woudnt a player in this comp look seriously at a good financial deal to play??

No different than the scores of players Maitland and Azzurri have enticed in the last 2 years

Why Blue
23-10-2018, 08:07 AM
So what if it is about the cash ??

Why woudnt a player in this comp look seriously at a good financial deal to play??

No different than the scores of players Maitland and Azzurri have enticed in the last 2 years

Have to agree with this, it's all about the money, nothing against Benny Hay or any other player, you can only take what the club offers
Let's be honest, new fm clubs are paying U19 players

The clubs could stop, but obviously don't and if they have the money, thru good management, good sponsors etc, then why shouldn't they be able to spend money to try and continue their success
Valentine are a big club, seem to have quite a few sponsors, large junior base, from a clubs perspective it's important they stay in the top grade, so spend, they have to compete

Spending money you don't have........well that's a different story

Dontknowmuch
23-10-2018, 11:13 AM
Have to agree with this, it's all about the money, nothing against Benny Hay or any other player, you can only take what the club offers
Let's be honest, new fm clubs are paying U19 players

The clubs could stop, but obviously don't and if they have the money, thru good management, good sponsors etc, then why shouldn't they be able to spend money to try and continue their success
Valentine are a big club, seem to have quite a few sponsors, large junior base, from a clubs perspective it's important they stay in the top grade, so spend, they have to compete

Spending money you don't have........well that's a different story

Who pays there U19's? Surely not in any competition.

JettyJet
23-10-2018, 12:30 PM
Valentine have under performed, finishing last this year, leaving them in a position were they have no option but to throw dollars around to try and save them
Maybe should have offered the big bucks to a coach like Zane, then the players follow
Instead they did nothing in 2018 now have to scramble in 2019 to save themselves,

I only asked because normally players will come for cash and who the coach is, or going to be.

Alton
23-10-2018, 01:54 PM
I only asked because normally players will come for cash and who the coach is, or going to be.

Didn't the article say Co-coach?

ForeverBlack
23-10-2018, 02:09 PM
Didn't the article say Co-coach?

Darren Sills and Sam Griffin as co coaches. Nothing has changed bar the title.
Griffin has been there for a few years as assistant coach to Sills but now he is a co - coach.

JettyJet
23-10-2018, 03:10 PM
Darren Sills and Sam Griffin as co coaches. Nothing has changed bar the title.
Griffin has been there for a few years as assistant coach to Sills but now he is a co - coach.

Oh the old co-coaches..... Generally two people putting in 70% effort does not equal 100%..

immersion
25-10-2018, 08:30 AM
Oh the old co-coaches..... Generally two people putting in 70% effort does not equal 100%..

This is a great obersavtion.

And it certainly doesn't match Zane's 120%.

Bremsstrahlung
25-10-2018, 11:08 AM
NNSW not letting on what’s happening until end of 2019 season.
Massive mistake and no transparency.

What are the benefits for not being transparent?

Make it public and known what is needed, what needs to be improved, what simply isn’t good enough.

Aim is for maximum 14 teams in 1 NPL And minimum of 8.

ForeverRed
25-10-2018, 11:18 AM
It gives clubs very little time when it comes to signing players, sponsors etc etc if you happen to get promoted

JettyJet
25-10-2018, 11:26 AM
Zane appears to be doing something right, looking at results.

ForeverBlack
25-10-2018, 12:26 PM

Make it public and known what is needed, what needs to be improved, what simply isn’t good enough.

This is a farce if it's true. The make up of the 2020 competition should be announced before the 2019 kicks off to give clubs 12 months to prepare.
Another example of Northern being out of touch with the clubs

hamburgler
25-10-2018, 01:11 PM

NNSW truly are pathetic

ForeverBlack
25-10-2018, 02:09 PM
They really have no idea. Most clubs appoint coaches for the following season before the end of the current one.
How do clubs or coaches commit when they don't know what competition they are playing in ?
How do players decide to stay at their club or sign for a new club without knowing what competition they are playing in ?

hamburgler
25-10-2018, 02:38 PM
They really have no idea. Most clubs appoint coaches for the following season before the end of the current one.
How do clubs or coaches commit when they don't know what competition they are playing in ?
How do players decide to stay at their club or sign for a new club without knowing what competition they are playing in ?

Totally agree. Seems they really just don’t understand how it works

Alton
25-10-2018, 03:41 PM
Totally agree. Seems they really just don’t understand how it works

They have absolutely no idea on how things work, they announce it after a GF to suit themselves not those they represent, what a disgrace. They should've learnt last time they timed it after a GF (CCB got dropped)

goaliepersempre
25-10-2018, 06:14 PM
NNSW dont even know themselves what they want. Making it up as they go.

EH9
25-10-2018, 07:38 PM

Their rationale is that they don't want to distract from the competition whilst it is running. When what they are doing is leaving a massive elephant sitting in the room and not addressing it.

They already know what the make up will be, but they are going to make all the clubs go through the hassle of preparing submissions and grovelling in order to appear 'transparent'.

Can anyone say they were surprised by how it is being handled?

MFKS
26-10-2018, 02:08 AM

Making it up as they go sums it up

But to be fair Football governance in Oz is poor

FFA have spent 5 years in a state of delusion with no plan at all

Why should the organidations under them not be the same clueless visionless organisations??

A fish rots from the head etc

Stanley
26-10-2018, 01:44 PM

Forget Sills, don't know how players can be motivated enough to play every second weekend on a junior ground.

Walker
26-10-2018, 03:07 PM
Forget Sills, don't know how players can be motivated enough to play every second weekend on a junior ground.

Let’s not talk about the facilities
And please don’t mention the lights

magician
26-10-2018, 04:05 PM
Let’s not talk about the facilities
And please don’t mention the lights

And needing to get a taxi to the toilets

Walker
26-10-2018, 05:39 PM
And needing to get a taxi to the toilets

Bad enough for spectators
What about a reserve on the bench that wants a quick wee ���� he be bugged by the time he ran to sheds and back����*♂️����*♂️

The Hacker
26-10-2018, 06:39 PM

Hearing Josh McGuire is the other experienced player

GO AWAY
29-10-2018, 11:21 AM
Hearing Josh McGuire is the other experienced player

Heard spud maybe captain/ coaching Dudley

ForeverRed
29-10-2018, 12:04 PM
Heard spud maybe captain/ coaching Dudley

100% incorrect

Texas Ranger
29-10-2018, 05:42 PM
2 more good young players sign with Jets.
Jets juniors land A-League scholarship - FTBL | The home of football in Australia
https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/jets-juniors-land-a-league-scholarship-514619

Football_Magic14
29-10-2018, 08:15 PM
Does anyone want to put in some predictions for 2019 looking at current squads/signings?

1. Edgeworth
2. Olympic
3. Magic
4. Maitland
5. Jaffas
6. Adamstown
7. Charlestown
8. Jets
9. Weston
10. Lake Macquarie
11. Valentine

Texas Ranger
29-10-2018, 08:49 PM
Does anyone want to put in some predictions for 2019 looking at current squads/signings?

1. Edgeworth
2. Olympic
3. Magic
4. Maitland
5. Jaffas
6. Adamstown
7. Charlestown
8. Jets
9. Weston
10. Lake Macquarie
11. Valentine
Hard to argue with top 5, but what order is anyone's guess. Jaffas and Magic might feel they are better chances than that, and while Zane keeps proving otherwise, Edgeworth may find it hard to do it again. The last 6 on the list will probably all be competitive, but not contenders for the top 4. Wouldn't be surprised if this table is close to the mark. The approaching threat of relegation may bring out some last minute scrambling, so watch out for players getting disgruntled with new players threatening their spots.

Devon Sangas
29-10-2018, 10:12 PM
Top 5

Olympic
Azzurri
Magic
Valo
Edgey

ForeverBlack
29-10-2018, 11:30 PM
Magic
Edgy
Olympic
Maitland
Charlestown
Jaffas
Lakes
Jets
Adamstown
Weston
Valentine

immersion
30-10-2018, 06:41 AM

1. Edgeworth
2. Olympic
3. Magic
4. Maitland
5. Jaffas
6. Adamstown
7. Charlestown
8. Jets
9. Weston
10. Lake Macquarie
11. Valentine

I agree you're probably pretty close here. I have reservations about Hamilton without an out and out front man and with the coaches son still in their team. From what i hear having son of the coach in the team isn't good for team morale.

GO AWAY
30-10-2018, 11:00 AM
Magic
Maitland
Jaffa
Edgeworth
Olympic
Jets
Azzurri
Valentine
Adamstown
Weston
Lake Macquarie

Devon Sangas
30-10-2018, 11:16 AM
Who are the top few players/mvps from each club that have confirmed for the 2019 season?

MFKS
30-10-2018, 11:26 AM
So why is everyone seeming to be not rating Azzurri so high??

The money run out and the big names like Goodchild Smith and Ireland gone or something??

I would have thought they be a lot closer to the 4 next year than most are tipping them

ForeverBlack
30-10-2018, 11:46 AM

The money run out and the big names like Goodchild Smith and Ireland gone or something??

I would have thought they be a lot closer to the 4 next year than most are tipping them

Ireland Ljubo Minors Lamann Sullini all gone. Haven't heard of any signings. Maybe money has run out

immersion
30-10-2018, 12:15 PM
Ireland Ljubo Minors Lamann Sullini all gone. Haven't heard of any signings. Maybe money has run out

It said in the paper last week that Pasquale from Edgeworth has signed at Azzurri.

Texas Ranger
30-10-2018, 12:46 PM

Azzuri relying on an ageing squad at a time when plenty of young talent coming through. I'd be looking at teams that have picked up the best youth. Any word about where any ex Jets academy players have gone?

GO AWAY
30-10-2018, 01:38 PM

Wheres Laman and Sulini gone, be surprised if anywhere

MFKS
30-10-2018, 03:05 PM

I knew Ljubo had retired

Where is Ireland off to??

As for the rest they are nobodies and no great loss

Blueboy
30-10-2018, 07:18 PM
I knew Ljubo had retired

Where is Ireland off to??

As for the rest they are nobodies and no great loss

Oh sorry who are you?
Ah Jared and even bigger no body

Devon Sangas
31-10-2018, 08:03 AM
Meow

Azzurri written off? What's new...

When does the 2019 thread start?

Texas Ranger
31-10-2018, 09:03 AM
Meow

Azzurri written off? What's new...

When does the 2019 thread start?
Hardly surprising given the number of players they brought in last season, only to finish 6th. They were an ageing team then and only getting older. Hopefully they will learn and promote their youth. They do have some decent younger players.

Devon Sangas
31-10-2018, 11:08 AM
Hardly surprising given the number of players they brought in last season, only to finish 6th. They were an ageing team then and only getting older. Hopefully they will learn and promote their youth. They do have some decent younger players.

Seemed unlucky with injuries last season. That might have to do with age of some players, I'm not sure. However, they did make the FFA cup 32 and with their squad this season I think they'll be in the mixer come finals time.

The Hacker
01-11-2018, 12:12 AM

Where is Sullini off to. He will be a loss for them

ForeverBlack
01-11-2018, 02:17 AM
Where is Sullini off to. He will be a loss for them

Sullini Ireland Ljubo all retired. Lamann knee.
Minors to Lakes

early_to_the_match
06-11-2018, 01:15 PM
Jacob Bailey to Jaffas

ForeverBlack
06-11-2018, 07:44 PM
Jacob Bailey to Jaffas
Replacement for Wheelhouse

kevindo88
06-11-2018, 08:37 PM
However, then he scored for National team and he isn't surrounded by much talent.

ForeverBlack
06-11-2018, 10:02 PM
however, then he scored for national team and he isn't surrounded by much talent.

wth

Bremsstrahlung
06-11-2018, 10:22 PM
Talking about hazard being the worlds best.

MFKS
09-11-2018, 01:02 PM
Am hearing Kane Runge has moved from Weston to Victorian NPL

StannyCFCJET
09-11-2018, 02:43 PM
Am hearing Kane Runge has moved from Weston to Victorian NPL

Yeah he said as much on his twitter

ForeverBlack
15-11-2018, 12:28 AM
In the Herald
Daniel Fabrizio from Canberra to Edgeworth
Brock Oakley from Weston to Valentine in a straight swap for Zac Sneddon

ForeverBlack
18-11-2018, 02:18 PM
I saw on Olympics Facebook page that they are back into pre season training already.
Have any other clubs already started as well ?

early_to_the_match
18-11-2018, 04:01 PM
I saw on Olympics Facebook page that they are back into pre season training already.
Have any other clubs already started as well ?
Buds have been back since last week.

italian stallion
18-11-2018, 10:06 PM
so are valo and edgy

Why Blue
20-11-2018, 07:55 AM
What's people's thoughts on the number of younger prospects leaving NPL and signing with New FM clubs
From what I've seen New Lambton, West Wallsend, South Cardiff, Stags & Bel Swans have all signed young 20 and under from NPL clubs for 2019 season

Bel swans signed CCB U20 players player
So it's not like these kids are washed up
Some real prospects
Personally I'm dissapointed
I always like to see the best players in the best comp
So why are they leaving

Premy
20-11-2018, 08:46 AM
What's people's thoughts on the number of younger prospects leaving NPL and signing with New FM clubs
From what I've seen New Lambton, West Wallsend, South Cardiff, Stags & Bel Swans have all signed young 20 and under from NPL clubs for 2019 season

Some real prospects
So why are they leaving

Lack of opportunity at first grade level is probably a tiny factor.

ForeverBlack
20-11-2018, 09:58 AM
Because Northern have stuffed the competition up with making 20's the underpinning grade to first grade.
There should be a reserve grade or take the age back up to 23's like it was a few years ago.
The 20's comp is that far behond first grade it's laughable. A lot of these players could potentially end up being first grade players , but not every kid is physically or emotionally ready to be playing first grade at the age of 20.
But if they aren't clubs have to move them on or try and keep them as an overage player.
Then i think the problem is that some of these kids don't want to be playing 20's once they turn 21 or 22. I know this was one of the reasons that every single club voted against dropping the age back to 20's, but yet again Northern paid zero attention to the requests of their member clubs

Alton
20-11-2018, 01:24 PM

Some real prospects
So why are they leaving

Because thay aren't good enough! deeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhh

W8 WATCHER
20-11-2018, 01:56 PM
Because thay aren't good enough! deeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhh

beg to differ
the few signed by Belswans, Stags are quality. The Eagles signing an ex jets youth player from Jaffas- not good enough. really
Have a look at some of the crap playing in 18's,20's and 1sts. all in because parents on committees, bbq duties, sponsors the list goes on. Politics people politics
We will se next year, how there fair!

ForeverRed
20-11-2018, 02:31 PM
Because Northern have stuffed the competition up with making 20's the underpinning grade to first grade.
There should be a reserve grade or take the age back up to 23's like it was a few years ago.
The 20's comp is that far behond first grade it's laughable. A lot of these players could potentially end up being first grade players , but not every kid is physically or emotionally ready to be playing first grade at the age of 20.
But if they aren't clubs have to move them on or try and keep them as an overage player.
Then i think the problem is that some of these kids don't want to be playing 20's once they turn 21 or 22. I know this was one of the reasons that every single club voted against dropping the age back to 20's, but yet again Northern paid zero attention to the requests of their member clubs

Nothing to do with northern, it was an FFA instruction, they only implemented it, clubs were asked of their thoughts so it could be passed on to FFA

Walker
20-11-2018, 03:13 PM

Some real prospects
So why are they leaving

Maybe money, ive heard, not confirmed so purely speculation that one player has gone to NPL1 for a reasonable sum.
No names, won’t repeat the $$ I heard but if true it’s understandable
Let’s face it these kids aren’t gonna be A leaguers so why not take it if it’s on offer.

namwob99
20-11-2018, 08:52 PM
Not a bad thing at all. Not quite ready for NPL, go back to newfm and refine skills in what will end up being a competitive comp.

MFKS
20-11-2018, 09:53 PM

That is an absolute crock of shit sulk

This is first grade football

You are meant to earn your spot

Reality is if you aint getting to the required level at 20 you are long odds to get there

If you are goona get there after 20 go back to 2nd division and get your game in order etc

No ribbons for participation shit here

early_to_the_match
04-12-2018, 07:10 PM
Any trial games coming up???

English
04-12-2018, 09:22 PM
Any trial games coming up???

Weston play Hamilton this weekend

Alton
05-12-2018, 01:57 PM
Weston play Hamilton this weekend

Woopee F ing dooooo

immersion
05-12-2018, 02:31 PM
Woopee F ing dooooo

Seems like an overreaction.

magician
05-12-2018, 02:40 PM
Woopee F ing dooooo

Totally agree. Not sure what benefit trials will have this early on

early_to_the_match
05-12-2018, 04:32 PM
Totally agree. Not sure what benefit trials will have this early on
I would think getting to see who is committed, what new players are around and having them start to fit in with the rest of the team is very important. Certainly a long wait otherwise between matches.

immersion
05-12-2018, 04:57 PM
I would think getting to see who is committed, what new players are around and having them start to fit in with the rest of the team is very important. Certainly a long wait otherwise between matches.

There are tons of reasons

Trialing new players that are not from the NNSW NPL
Working on new systems, philosophies of play, tactics
Working out what formation suits the group of players you have and where new recruitments fit in
See where the player in relation to their physical condition.
Seeing how other teams are developing.
With the pre-season now only roughly 70 days (shorter next year than this year) once we are into the new year it doesn't leave a lot of time. You don't want to smash players who haven't done much in the off-season in a rushed preparation.
Help integrate youth players into the first team.

I mean there are tons of them. Everyone puts forth ideas of making the comp more professional and then when a team does tries to improve themselves they a shot down. We love to shoot down people or organisations trying to improve themselves in this country.

Arguments could be made for both sides. But I don't think anyone can argue with the fact if you want to do well in this short comp you have to start training this side of Christmas. A 7-week pre-season with the amount off-season time is not long enough.

Texas Ranger
05-12-2018, 05:02 PM
Totally agree.

ForeverBlack
09-12-2018, 06:17 PM
First trial of the year,ridiculously early.
Olympic 2 Weston 1

weston
09-12-2018, 06:57 PM
Olympic 2 Weston 1

Boo!

Texas Ranger
10-12-2018, 12:10 AM
Olympic 2 Weston 1
It's December, don't you mean last trial of the year?
Never too early or too late to have a kick around.

MFKS
14-12-2018, 01:25 PM
According to Northerns Facebook Draw for 2019 be out today

Hunter403
14-12-2018, 09:49 PM
draw is out

magician
15-12-2018, 07:45 AM
Maitland could be without cumerford for the year. Without him up top can’t see them winning it. Still have them in the 4 with magic edgy and Olympic

ForeverBlack
16-12-2018, 02:33 PM
Maitland could be without cumerford for the year. Without him up top can’t see them winning it. Still have them in the 4 with magic edgy and Olympic

Also heard a rumour that the Thornton brothers were on the move to Valentine for big money

MFKS
16-12-2018, 04:53 PM
Also heard a rumour that the Thornton brothers were on the move to Valentine for big money

Big money ??

Seems rather silly to be spending big money on defensive players when.Valo need some more firepower up front

Johnno
16-12-2018, 10:41 PM
Big money ??

Seems rather silly to be spending big money on defensive players when.Valo need some more firepower up front

Supposedly this is the case the brothers have brought a house down that way and are taking the $$$ on offer. Reunited with Oakley from Weston - Maitland days.

immersion
17-12-2018, 07:40 AM
Supposedly this is the case the brothers have brought a house down that way and are taking the $$$ on offer. Reunited with Oakley from Weston - Maitland days.

If this is true. With Comerford and the Thortons leaving Maitland will much be weaker. Big holes to fill there. Have they filled them?

Valentine is spending monster cash this coming year. Ben Hay reportedly left Lambton for huge money too. The comp could be tighter than ever this year. No easy games for any team. And with the news, the games are going to be staggered it's looking good for spectators in 2019

ForeverRed
17-12-2018, 09:06 AM
Valentine spending money to survive, once their position in the NPL is secured they become also rans again

ForeverBlack
17-12-2018, 09:25 AM
If this is true. With Comerford and the Thortons leaving Maitland will much be weaker. Big holes to fill there. Have they filled them?

Valentine is spending monster cash this coming year. Ben Hay reportedly left Lambton for huge money too. The comp could be tighter than ever this year. No easy games for any team. And with the news, the games are going to be staggered it's looking good for spectators in 2019

I would be surprised if the Thorntons left Maitland. Both have a close relationship with Reece Thompson and have both signed contracts at Maitland for 2019

GO AWAY
17-12-2018, 09:31 AM
West Wallsend U23/1st V CCB U20 5-2
West Wallsend U19 V CCB U18 2-2

Greens
17-12-2018, 11:31 AM
I would be surprised if the Thorntons left Maitland. Both have a close relationship with Reece Thompson and have both signed contracts at Maitland for 2019

Yes but Thomo hasn’t been up there as much recently.. You know the drill, Work, Family and I hear he in sponsoring/playing in Newys Pride 4th division club the Azzurri Blues...

Alton
17-12-2018, 01:56 PM

They are staying on the Hill

ForeverBlack
23-12-2018, 11:59 PM
Kristian Brymora and Ryan Endsor to Magic.
Bradbury Brymora Virgili and Maj.
That's some strike force

Texas Ranger
24-12-2018, 11:52 AM
Kristian Brymora and Ryan Endsor to Magic.
Bradbury Brymora Virgili and Maj.
That's some strike force
Certainly makes Magic one of the favourites if it doesn't backfire on them. Sometimes this sends young talent to other clubs only for the big names to move on mid-season.

MFKS
24-12-2018, 12:47 PM
Certainly makes Magic one of the favourites if it doesn't backfire on them. Sometimes this sends young talent to other clubs only for the big names to move on mid-season.

Being they consistently have a strong squad and won the comp last year why werent they one of the favourites anyway??

Texas Ranger
24-12-2018, 02:50 PM
Being they consistently have a strong squad and won the comp last year why werent they one of the favourites anyway??
True they were always going to be one of the favourites, but promising every up and coming young player a run in first grade, only to have them end up in 20s and 18s will have their credibility questioned. Especially since I'm hearing a coach that they appointed was one that led to a mass walk out at Magic a few years back.

ForeverBlack
06-01-2019, 02:21 PM
Most clubs would be starting back into pre season training in the next week or so.
What's everyone's thoughts for the season.
I think Magic are clear favourites with the addition of Ensor and Brymora.
Edgeworth will be thereabouts as they always are . Well organised and coached.
Hearing a lot of departures at Lambton , Mapu, Duncan ,Griffiths, Hay , Verity without many replacements coming in ?
Wood and Davies will be good additions at Maitland, but i keep hearing rumours of the Thornton boys linking up with Valo. Can anyone confirm ?
Olympic have added Duncan and Pettit, but i think they still need a number 9. Mooney , Bertos and Bailey will be big losses.
Not much movement at Azzurri , but if Goodchild and McNaughton stay fit they will be dangerous.
Can't really see anyone outside of these 6 pushing for the title

hamburgler
06-01-2019, 09:45 PM
Broadmeadow
Edgeworth
Hamilton
Lambton
Maitland
Charlestown
Lakes
Adamstown
Jets
Weston
Valentine

magician
07-01-2019, 07:49 AM
Broadmeadow
Edgeworth
Maitland
Hamilton
Charlestown
Jaffas
Jets
Lakes
Adamstown
Weston
Valo

GO AWAY
07-01-2019, 02:28 PM
Magic
Olympic
Edgy
Jaffa
Maitland
Jets
Adamstown
Azzurri
Weston
Valentine
Lakes

Stopit
07-01-2019, 02:44 PM
Broadmeadow
Hamilton
Edgeworth
Maitland
Lambton
Jets
Adamstown
Charlestown
Weston
Lakes
Valentine

Blueboy
07-01-2019, 03:53 PM
Broadmeadow
Olympic
Maitland
Edgeworth
Jaffas
Charlestown
Jets
Lakes
Weston
Adamstown
Valentine

Alton
07-01-2019, 05:28 PM
Broadmeadow
Olympic
Maitland
Edgeworth
Jaffas
Charlestown
Jets
Lakes
Weston
Adamstown
Valentine

Lakes and Valo should get together now before one of them is gone for good.