PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Zone Premier League thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

boz-monaut
01-01-2018, 12:23 PM
2018 discussion starts here

The Spy
02-01-2018, 09:34 AM
Warners Bay will be commencing pre-season on Wednesday 10th January from 6.30pm sharp at John St Oval. We will revert to every Tuesday and Thursday night onwards the following week.

We welcome any new players to come on down. Please feel free to contact coach Troy Hooker on 0432 079 200 if you have any questions.

mefa1984
29-01-2018, 09:46 PM
Any updates on the fixture for this year?

hawk
05-02-2018, 10:43 PM
slowest thread. Carn, need some news.

Cardiff 5th again after looking the goods earlier on?

oneeye
06-02-2018, 05:48 PM
Just a guess but it might start some discussion.

1) Suns
2) Dudley
3) Kotara
4) Barnsley
5) Swansea
6) Cardiff
7) Warners Bay
8) Mayfield
9) Beresfield
10) Jesmond

Lanky2002
07-02-2018, 03:17 PM
has anyone played any preseason friendly yet?? and how did they go????

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
07-02-2018, 03:53 PM
Jesmond FC have retained the vast majority of the top half of our squad, however the bottom has a dozen or so not returning, for various reasons.

Before we replace 3rd graders with 3rd graders, if there's anyone out there who can compete for a 1st or reggies spot and is not settled where they are, we'd welcome you to come and say g'day at Heaton Park, Tue or Thu commencing at 6pm.

1st grade coach Mick Coates may be contacted on 0412 449 333 to discuss.

The Anvil
08-02-2018, 08:28 AM
With very basic knowledge of player movements etc, this will be my guess at some form of table.

Dudley
Swansea
Kotara
Cardiff
Suns
Jesmond
Mayfield
Warners Bay
Barnsley
Beresfield

Lofty
08-02-2018, 09:33 AM
Cardiff from 8th to 4th is interesting considering they lost a couple of their better players to Suns..
I think Suns, Dudley and Swansea will again be the teams to beat, unless other clubs have recruited well. Not sure what will make the Suns drop from 1st to now miss out on finals for the first time since 2013.. Not sure what has gone on at Bero, but I would be surprised to see them finish last.

The Anvil
08-02-2018, 10:30 AM
Cardiff traditionally have a strong squad. I thought they were a much better team than 8th last season. Take the FFA cup out I think they finish top 4.
Not to sure how to read into the suns. seems to be a few ins + outs.

Hopefully some trial results start filtering through over the next few weeks. Might be a bit of a guide

FlatScreen
08-02-2018, 01:17 PM
Cardiff traditionally have a strong squad. I thought they were a much better team than 8th last season. Take the FFA cup out I think they finish top 4.
Not to sure how to read into the suns. seems to be a few ins + outs.

Hopefully some trial results start filtering through over the next few weeks. Might be a bit of a guide

I had a bit of laugh at this. Traditionally speaking. Cardiff have finished most recently 8th, 5th, 4th, 10th..... hardly a force to be reckoned with.

What about Bero? last years premiers, have they lost a heap?

From What I heard Cardiff players Nick Callaghan and one of their midfielders went to the suns. They also got in Luke Josevski. Obviously they lost Maj and Kevin Davison to NPL, Gilbert Afful to Cooks Hill? But if all these ins and outs are true, Suns will be the team to beat. Palozzi's as far as the eye can see.

The Spy
08-02-2018, 10:32 PM
Can confirm Warners Bay will certainly be stronger, across the 3 grades. Not saying premiers, but will certainly surprise a few. First trial against Garden Suburb this weekend.

Beppe
09-02-2018, 01:50 PM
Can confirm Warners Bay will certainly be stronger, across the 3 grades. Not saying premiers, but will certainly surprise a few. First trial against Garden Suburb this weekend.

they throwing a bit of coin around?

4attheback
10-02-2018, 10:14 AM
Surely the suns and bero haven't lost that much quality?? Unless a lot have left bero or retired but that seemed strong last year

CrazyZigga
11-02-2018, 09:44 PM
1sts Cessnock 1-3 Kotara South
Res Cessnock 3-3 Kotara South

Imyourhero
12-02-2018, 05:32 PM
Bero vs Wallsend ZL1
Thirds 1 - 11
Res 3 - 2
1sts 8 - 0

CrazyZigga
13-02-2018, 08:57 AM
Warnersbay ZPL v Garden Suburb

First

1-2

Reserves

2-1

Thirds

0-1
FROM ZL1 Forums

CrazyZigga
15-02-2018, 11:31 PM
1sts Kahibah 3-3 Kotara South
Res Kahibah 3-0 Kotara South

The Hacker
16-02-2018, 09:53 AM
As a follower of the npl I caught Dudley vs Edgeworth on Wednesday. The Eagles won 7-1 but it was 4-1 after 60min and Dudley ran out of legs. The class of McBreen and Wheeler were the difference. Dudley oval looked like Wembley you would like to get on it early in the season. Dudley will be tough in this comp

CrazyZigga
18-02-2018, 07:57 PM
1sts Wallsend ZL1 2-6 Kotara South
Res Wallsend 1-4 Kotara South

The roosta
18-02-2018, 08:14 PM
If any clubs are looking for trials for their 3rd grade team and are happy to play against an A/A B grade side pm me.
Cheers.

Cunning stunts
19-02-2018, 06:27 PM
Anyone got a copy of the draft draw?

The Hacker
26-02-2018, 06:24 PM
Any trial results from the weekend

MonkeyKplunk
28-02-2018, 09:22 AM

MonkeyKplunk
28-02-2018, 09:23 AM

MonkeyKplunk
28-02-2018, 09:24 AM
Draft Fixtures as at 29/11/17.

Apologies for the size, I just used the snipping tool at work

FlatScreen
28-02-2018, 01:09 PM
How are teams shaping up this year? From all reports Dudley have made a push. Suns I'm hearing got pumped by Wallsend 9-2 and struggling for numbers? Haven't heard anything out of the Bero camp. After there last GF win they fell off a bit.

Alton
01-03-2018, 12:40 PM
How are teams shaping up this year? From all reports Dudley have made a push. Suns I'm hearing got pumped by Wallsend 9-2 and struggling for numbers? Haven't heard anything out of the Bero camp. After there last GF win they fell off a bit.
Suns completely different squad and Coach, Dudley is Dudley, Swansea will be early favourites, Cardiff very quiet and have rookie coach apparently.

Jardelsimage
02-03-2018, 11:53 AM
Suns completely different squad and Coach, Dudley is Dudley, Swansea will be early favourites, Cardiff very quiet and have rookie coach apparently.

shhhhhhh

Alton
02-03-2018, 01:56 PM
shhhhhhh
Is that the best you've got Mario?

The Hacker
02-03-2018, 03:59 PM
Heard a few Cardiff boys headed to Suns over the summer. Any truth to it

Jardelsimage
02-03-2018, 07:04 PM
Is that the best you've got Mario?

no shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Jardelsimage
02-03-2018, 07:05 PM
Heard a few Cardiff boys headed to Suns over the summer. Any truth to it

lost two, oh well......

Speedymetric
04-03-2018, 09:44 AM
Any trials today?

The Hacker
04-03-2018, 10:18 AM
1sts Wallsend ZL1 2-6 Kotara South
Res Wallsend 1-4 Kotara South
Impressive preseason from Kotara South going on results so far definitely one to watch. The FFA cup game against Dudley could be the highlight of round 1

Source
04-03-2018, 08:39 PM
⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

CrazyZigga
04-03-2018, 09:59 PM
1st Charlestown City Blues 3-2 Kotara South
U20s Charlestown City Blues 2-0 Kotara South Res

CrazyZigga
07-03-2018, 10:33 PM
1st Cooks Hill (ZL1) 0-5 Kotara South

holding_midfield
08-03-2018, 06:02 PM
Apart from Kotara, ZPL is seemingly pretty quiet on the trial game front..any other clubs had games recently or?

FlatScreen
10-03-2018, 11:02 AM
Apart from Kotara, ZPL is seemingly pretty quiet on the trial game front..any other clubs had games recently or?

I dare say they're the only ones with something positive to say?

a-gunners
10-03-2018, 12:51 PM
Or they’re the only ones silly enough to put a target on themselves

Imyourhero
10-03-2018, 06:35 PM
Draw is online

holding_midfield
11-03-2018, 08:49 PM
Or they’re the only ones silly enough to put a target on themselves

Thought the point of this forum was discussion of results etc.

Not playing for sheep stations jeez.

DonPablo
11-03-2018, 09:13 PM
Okay pu$$ies since you won’t talk let me talk for you

Suns need a new coach cos the players stormed off in a trial and he quit.same shit every year. Any takers????

Mayfield are building a Roman Empire.$1.25 favourite for the title.

The Hacker
11-03-2018, 09:33 PM

Suns need a new coach cos the players stormed off in a trial and he quit.same shit every year. Any takers????

Suns relegated if there is a god. Mayfield have been very quiet. FFA cup next week will start to see where teams are at

Lofty
11-03-2018, 10:56 PM
Suns relegated if there is a god. Mayfield have been very quiet. FFA cup next week will start to see where teams are at

Yeah you can pray to god if you like mate. Let me know how that goes for all your hopes and dreams.

The Hacker
12-03-2018, 01:01 AM
Yeah you can pray to god if you like mate. Let me know how that goes for all your hopes and dreams.

If there up to their 2nd coach and the season hasn't even started sounds like trouble in Carrington. Plus with no Maj and if they still have the same keeper my hopes and dreams might start looking good

Nou Camp
12-03-2018, 08:45 AM
If there up to their 2nd coach and the season hasn't even started sounds like trouble in Carrington. Plus with no Maj and if they still have the same keeper my hopes and dreams might start looking good

he didnt quit he was let go because things wernrt working out and the first grade assistant from the last 3 years has taken over
and yes we have a new first grade keeper
I appreciate your concern

DonPablo
12-03-2018, 09:19 AM
he didnt quit he was let go because things wernrt working out and the first grade assistant from the last 3 years has taken over
and yes we have a new first grade keeper
I appreciate your concern
Lolzor
So use headhunted a guy from a job at cessnock rather then appoint the asst from the last 3 years.then sack him and appoint the asst 6 mnths later. Sound logic.He must be stoked to taking over a train wreck with less than a month to the kick off.
Just remember you can’t walk off in the ffa cup if your losing.

The Hacker
12-03-2018, 09:51 AM
Lolzor
So use headhunted a guy from a job at cessnock rather then appoint the asst from the last 3 years.then sack him and appoint the asst 6 mnths later. Sound logic.He must be stoked to taking over a train wreck with less than a month to the kick off.

Wasn't working out the comp is still 4 weeks away I think it went like this.
The first gaffer probably said No to one of the Palozzi's so sacked. Then they thought who would say yes to them all the time and landed at the old assistant.

Nou Camp
12-03-2018, 10:05 AM
Lolzor

headhunted???
he applied for the job like the other canditates did
the assitant wanted to take a step back this year so was only going to coach ressies this year but
he was more than happy to fill the first grade role (once again thanks for your concern), you make it sound like a coach and club have never parted ways before
you sound very bitter about something

FlatScreen
12-03-2018, 10:21 AM

Damn, they were one of the best teams to watch last year, scored plenty, and leaked a few too.

What happened in this trial? who was it against? Spill the details!!!

*** Just checked their FB page, they announced a head coach 2 days ago*****

Charman
12-03-2018, 10:25 AM
Mayfield have been very quiet. FFA cup next week will start to see where teams are at[/QUOTE]

Mayfield have drawn a ZL3 team. FFA cup won't say anything towards how they are travelling..............unless they lose!

The Hacker
12-03-2018, 10:26 AM
Damn, they were one of the best teams to watch last year, scored plenty, and leaked a few too.

What happened in this trial? who was it against? Spill the details!!!

The rumour is it was at training against no opposition (no even their reggies side)and they were working on formation. So they were playing against shadows and still couldn't get along. Is this true Nou Camp you seem to be in the know

Lofty
12-03-2018, 10:43 AM
The rumour is it was at training against no opposition (no even their reggies side)and they were working on formation. So they were playing against shadows and still couldn't get along. Is this true Nou Camp you seem to be in the know

That's complete bullshit. We went and asked the kids from the local commission flats to step in while we were doing formations. Flat out offensive referring to those lovely kids as shadows.

Nou Camp
12-03-2018, 11:17 AM

rumour - there you have it
one player walked off during a trial with Wallsend, thats it
things wernt working out on a number of fronts so the call was made

Lofty
12-03-2018, 11:25 AM
It wasn't one player, the whole team walked off because it was 9:30pm. Wallsend diggers had 2 for 1 schnitty deal and the kitchen was about to close. I would have done the same thing. I can't believe Wallsend players stayed and played against the shadows to be honest, there were mozzies everywhere!

FlatScreen
12-03-2018, 01:20 PM

hmmmm would love to hear the real story. the truth always comes out I suppose. I wonder which team will be the one to watch this year. Looks like Kotara might be one to watch.

Lofty
12-03-2018, 02:05 PM
hmmmm would love to hear the real story. the truth always comes out I suppose. I wonder which team will be the one to watch this year. Looks like Kotara might be one to watch.

I've been there all along. So trust me, the version from the hacker is much more entertaining :rof:

I've been at the Suns since 2007 and have been through some tough times during that time trying to turn the club around. If people feel the ZPL is a better place without the Suns, then so be it. If people are hoping that the Suns capitulate to the point of relegation, then don't hold your breath, because there's a lot of good people who have been around the club long enough to get through much bigger issues than the murmurs going around the grounds.

Hacker, if you want to have a beer and chat about some truthful information then I'm sure you are already well aware of our schedule after hearing your previous concerns. If not, worry about your own backyard, wherever that may be and best of luck for the season. Hope you don't get relegated :thumbsup:

Baaaaaaaaaa
12-03-2018, 02:21 PM
This years predictions.

Jesmond
Dudley
Kotara
Swansea
Suns
Cardiff
Barnsley
Warner’s Bay
Mayfield
Berro

FlatScreen
12-03-2018, 02:51 PM
I've been there all along. So trust me, the version from the hacker is much more entertaining :rof:

I've been at the Suns since 2007 and have been through some tough times during that time trying to turn the club around. If people feel the ZPL is a better place without the Suns, then so be it. If people are hoping that the Suns capitulate to the point of relegation, then don't hold your breath, because there's a lot of good people who have been around the club long enough to get through much bigger issues than the murmurs going around the grounds.

Hacker, if you want to have a beer and chat about some truthful information then I'm sure you are already well aware of our schedule after hearing your previous concerns. If not, worry about your own backyard, wherever that may be and best of luck for the season. Hope you don't get relegated :thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads up. Those Chevapi rolls are still worth going to Carrington for anyway!

Lofty
12-03-2018, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Those Chevapi rolls are still worth going to Carrington for anyway!

I think so too. Only a few weeks away now!

The Hacker
12-03-2018, 04:35 PM

Mate I was just relaying what I heard. To be honest I hope it isn't true cause a strong Suns just makes the whole comp stronger. I was stirring to get a bite.
As for your schedule I haven't even heard who you have played in the preseason. The Suns would have to collapse to get relegated and that ain't happening

boz-monaut
12-03-2018, 08:37 PM
you guys are treading the fine line between banter and slander

don't make us close threads, give real names and ban youse cunce

play nice

FlatScreen
13-03-2018, 10:02 AM
you guys are treading the fine line between banter and slander

don't make us close threads, give real names and ban youse cunce

play nice

The big Boz dropping hammers! I really want to know what DonPablo is on about!

Mayfield
13-03-2018, 12:20 PM
Weekends Trials
Mayfield vs. Singleton
3rds Mayfield 2-1
Res Mayfield 6-0
1st Mayfield 6-1

Imyourhero
13-03-2018, 12:27 PM
Weekends Trials
Mayfield vs. Singleton
3rds Mayfield 2-1
Res Mayfield 6-0
1st Mayfield 6-1
Singleton NewFM?

Lofty
13-03-2018, 02:00 PM
The big Boz dropping hammers! I really want to know what DonPablo is on about!

I wouldn't try and work it out. Most people on here hide who they are associated with and come on purely to dribble garbage about other clubs. What he/she has said is false, so there isn't much else to say.

The Hacker
13-03-2018, 03:37 PM
I wouldn't try and work it out. Most people on here hide who they are associated with and come on purely to dribble garbage about other clubs. What he/she has said is false, so there isn't much else to say.

I believe what Lofty and Nou Camp have said and don't have a drama at all. Was just repeating what I heard and if it's false I'm happy to put my hand up and say I was wrong and I won't be bringing it up again

Mayfield
14-03-2018, 10:42 AM
FFA Cup first round draw (ZPL teams)

Jesmond vs Hamilton Azzurri
Beresfield United vs Nelson Bay
Cardiff City vs Newcastle Suns
Mayfield Snr vs Dudley Redhead Jnr
Stockton Sharks vs Warners Bay
Swansea vs Westlakes Wildcats
Barnsley vs Medowie
Dudley Redhead Snr vs Kotara South

The Hacker
14-03-2018, 11:41 AM
FFA Cup first round draw (ZPL teams)

Jesmond vs Hamilton Azzurri
Beresfield United vs Nelson Bay
Cardiff City vs Newcastle Suns
Mayfield Snr vs Dudley Redhead Jnr
Stockton Sharks vs Warners Bay
Swansea vs Westlakes Wildcats
Barnsley vs Medowie
Dudley Redhead Snr vs Kotara South

Dudley v Kotara could be a tight affair going on Kotara's preseason

AVB
14-03-2018, 05:57 PM
Cooks Hill ZL1 have had a trial for Saturday 17th fall through.

I know most ZPL teams have FFA Cup this weekend, but if there any club who would like to get a trial for their reserve grade and third grade sides?

leftrightout
15-03-2018, 08:04 AM
Dudley v Kotara could be a tight affair going on Kotara's preseason

Have you heard Dudleys form?
Very much competing with NPL teams in the heritage cup so i heard.

The Hacker
15-03-2018, 11:16 AM
Have you heard Dudleys form?
Very much competing with NPL teams in the heritage cup so i heard.

No only what we all read from the results. Kotara have played some quality and had some really good results judging by some posts on here. Which makes for an interesting contest. Cardiff and Suns will be interesting with the Suns picking up a couple of Cardiff lads in the off season. Imagine the ZL1 forum if Azzurri beat Jesmond it will blow up. Good to have the football back.

bleak
15-03-2018, 12:12 PM
Jesmond Rams would be keen to take that trial AVB. Give me a call on 0409 280 646 and we can line it up.

Baaaaaaaaaa
15-03-2018, 12:21 PM
I heard Jesmond beat them 2-1 in a trial, so it should be a good game for the FFA.

Alton
15-03-2018, 12:33 PM
No only what we all read from the results. Kotara have played some quality and had some really good results judging by some posts on here. Which makes for an interesting contest. Cardiff and Suns will be interesting with the Suns picking up a couple of Cardiff lads in the off season. Imagine the ZL1 forum if Azzurri beat Jesmond it will blow up. Good to have the football back.
What is happening at CCFC Mario?

Jardelsimage
16-03-2018, 05:56 AM
What is happening at CCFC Mario?

all good, they were blow ins who came with the previous coach, he left, they left, blokes playing 1st probably should have been playing 1st last year.
culture is better, feeling is better, maybe not as strong, squad wise but you have to start somewhere again.

The Hacker
17-03-2018, 12:15 AM
all good, they were blow ins who came with the previous coach, he left, they left, blokes playing 1st probably should have been playing 1st last year.
culture is better, feeling is better, maybe not as strong, squad wise but you have to start somewhere again.

Good to hear always a good bunch of blokes to play against Cardiff hopefully back contending this year like they did the first half of last year

The Hacker
18-03-2018, 05:12 PM
This years predictions.

Jesmond
Dudley
Kotara
Swansea
Suns
Cardiff
Barnsley
Warner’s Bay
Mayfield
Berro

After today's result you might need to reassess Jesmond on the list and probably Mayfield after their outing yesterday

bleak
18-03-2018, 05:22 PM
Jesmond Rams looking for a trial, preferably all 3 grades for this coming weekend or the weekend following. Would prefer a Saturday but won't knock back a Sunday.
PM or get me on 0409280646 if interested.

P.s. I don't think Baaaaaaa was giving an honest prediction. Maybe the fact last years premiers were placed bottom of the ladder was a clue.

The Hacker
18-03-2018, 05:37 PM
Jesmond Rams looking for a trial, preferably all 3 grades for this coming weekend or the weekend following. Would prefer a Saturday but won't knock back a Sunday.
PM or get me on 0409280646 if interested.

P.s. I don't think Baaaaaaa was giving an honest prediction. Maybe the fact last years premiers were placed bottom of the ladder was a clue.

Bero has lost their main striker from last year and a few others so maybe he was giving his honest opinion and knows something we don't

The Majestic Swan
18-03-2018, 09:12 PM
Swans 4-1 winners in hot but bearable conditions down by the channel in sunny Swansea....

Macca
19-03-2018, 10:15 AM
Swans 4-1 winners in hot but bearable conditions down by the channel in sunny Swansea....

Congrats on the win and thanks for the hospitality, was greatly appreciated by all the players. Field was in great nick too. I hadn't played there for about 15 years but its a nice spot.

Baaaaaaaaaa
19-03-2018, 12:30 PM
I’m happy to stay with my honest predictions, if I was to change anything it would be to move Mayfield up the ladder. Reason I put Berro last is because I’m not sure they have the same side. I could be wrong, but as always anything can happen.

FlatScreen
21-03-2018, 10:26 AM
Any trials on this weekend? Wouldn't mind seeing, Suns, Dudley, Kotara or Myafield.

EwoodPark
21-03-2018, 11:14 AM
Any trials on this weekend? Wouldn't mind seeing, Suns, Dudley, Kotara or Myafield.

Mayfield play Garden Suburb on Sunday at Kingfisher Stadium. Unsure of exact times, will post when aware.

Bon
21-03-2018, 11:18 AM
Mayfield play Garden Suburb on Sunday at Kingfisher Stadium. Unsure of exact times, will post when aware.

Its the Peter Bradshaw Cup..
Get along and celebrate the life of a great bloke..

Pretty sure it is -
3rds: 11:30am
Ressies: 1:15pm
1sts: 3pm

FlatScreen
21-03-2018, 12:02 PM

Its the Peter Bradshaw Cup..
Get along and celebrate the life of a great bloke..

Pretty sure it is -
3rds: 11:30am
Ressies: 1:15pm
1sts: 3pm

Thanks boys

The Anvil
21-03-2018, 01:07 PM

Should be a good hitout, hearing Mayfield had to cut 25+ players. Should be tougher than Dudley-redhead ZL3.

Also nice 1st post "Ewoodpark". I thought I was the only Blackburn Fan in Newcastle. "MULGREW'S BLUE AND WHITE ARMY"

EwoodPark
21-03-2018, 01:14 PM
Should be a good hitout, hearing Mayfield had to cut 25+ players. Should be tougher than Dudley-redhead ZL3.

Also nice 1st post "Ewoodpark". I thought I was the only Blackburn Fan in Newcastle. "MULGREW'S BLUE AND WHITE ARMY"

Haha... We are the diehards mate, didn't abandon ship when things went pear shaped!

I was beginning to think I was the only Blackburn Fan left in Australia!

Lofty
21-03-2018, 02:17 PM
Suns v Westlakes at Rathmines on Saturday 3 grades

BP Super Dynamos
21-03-2018, 07:20 PM
Haha... We are the diehards mate, didn't abandon ship when things went pear shaped!

I was beginning to think I was the only Blackburn Fan left in Australia!

Put me down as the 3rd Rovers fan in the Hunter Valley. Good to see 'em playing well this season

CrazyZigga
23-03-2018, 11:45 AM
Raymond Terrace will be hosting Kotara South in all 3 grades on Sunday.

Mayfield
24-03-2018, 09:43 AM
Peter Bradshaw Cup - Sunday 25th
Mayfield vs. Garden Suburb (1st only)
Speers Point Grounds
Kick off - 5pm

Mayfield
25-03-2018, 08:23 PM
Peter Bradshaw Cup - 1st only
Mayfield vs. Garden Suburb
7-0- Mayfield

CrazyZigga
26-03-2018, 12:31 AM
Terrace v Kotara
3rds 1-3
Res 0-5
1sts 1-2

The Hacker
27-03-2018, 05:04 PM
Judging by some scores Suns games are going to be entertaining with goals at both ends. Mayfield look like they know where the net is to. I think we are in for a very tight comp

Alton
28-03-2018, 12:57 PM
Judging by some scores Suns games are going to be entertaining with goals at both ends. Mayfield look like they know where the net is to. I think we are in for a very tight comp

What about the sleeping CCFC Tiger

The Hacker
28-03-2018, 01:04 PM

The Tigers will be there abouts. Especially after scoring 5 in the FFA cup I was only going off some of the score over all preseason

Jardelsimage
28-03-2018, 02:49 PM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

DonPablo
29-03-2018, 11:40 PM
Is this foz full of mutes and infidels???

My spies tell me the ram raiders played everybody loves Raymond.and suns played cafe latte fc tonight?!!!???

Does no one want to share the news? Idiotas es putas todos

The Hacker
30-03-2018, 01:09 AM
Is this foz full of mutes and infidels???

My spies tell me the ram raiders played everybody loves Raymond.and suns played cafe latte fc tonight?!!!???

Does no one want to share the news? Idiotas es putas todos

I hear Raymond got the chocolates this Easter

beaten favourite
30-03-2018, 04:59 AM
Suns v CHUFC

THIRDS 1-2
RESSIES 3-5
FIRSTS 1-3

The Hacker
30-03-2018, 12:59 PM
Suns v CHUFC

THIRDS 1-2
RESSIES 3-5
FIRSTS 1-3

Massive day for CHUFC. Surely the Suns boys were missing a few

beaten favourite
30-03-2018, 02:02 PM
Massive day for CHUFC. Surely the Suns boys were missing a few
Quality vote to f confidence in the Cookers mate...... Cheers.

3 very competitive matches

The Hacker
30-03-2018, 03:19 PM
Quality vote to f confidence in the Cookers mate...... Cheers.

3 very competitive matches

Just surprised as Suns have dominated ZPL for the past 2 seasons and Cookers didn't have the best year last year.

onlooker
30-03-2018, 03:36 PM
I hear Raymond got the chocolates this Easter

Hearing Jesmond won res 4-1 and Terrace won First 7-1 ( or there abouts wasn’t there so going of what I was told)

The Hacker
31-03-2018, 11:09 AM
Hearing Jesmond won res 4-1 and Terrace won First 7-1 ( or there abouts wasn’t there so going of what I was told)

7-1 after some pre season results this comp is really open and ZL1 is going to be tight with some really strong teams

The Hacker
02-04-2018, 06:42 PM
Gentleman the comp starts this weekend any predictions. I think it will be tight and any one from first to sixth can win it but wouldn't surprise me if an outsider sneaks in.
Kotara
Mayfield
Dudley
Swansea
Suns
Cardiff
Bero
Barnsley
Jesmond
Warners Bay

Baaaaaaaaaa
02-04-2018, 08:11 PM
My predictions, slightly adjusted from my previous pick.
Jesmond
Dudley
Suns
Swansea
Kotara
Mayfield
Cardiff
Barnsley
Warners Bay
Berro

FlatScreen
03-04-2018, 10:08 AM
Well this surely shapes as the biggest year for ZPL from what I have seen in pre-season. My predictions are as follows.

Dudley - They have been building for years, pushed suns in semi's last year.
Mayfield - Recruited well and seem to be good for a year or 2 then go missing. I think this might be one of those years.
Kotara - Seem to have busted through the doors, this is a BIG guess based on results, possibly the best club culture the comp has seen.
Suns - Been the big boys and have heard whispers another few big guns have signed but they seem to be having issues. If they click they will score 80 goals or more, problem is they will concede 60.
Swansea - Always been a decent force to be reckoned with, I haven't seen enough of them to put them higher.
Barnsley - New boys on the block and a decent team, They should do well on their own paddock.
Jesmond - Not to sure about Jeso, have history of doing well against the big boys, but flat everywhere else.
Cardiff - I just don't think they will do much, been sliding out over the last 3 years.
Bero - Only reports I have heard is NEGATIVE, players leaving and the dream is over.
Warners Bay - Making up the numbers is a bit disrespectful, great club and facility but not up to it.

Good luck everyone.

Alton
03-04-2018, 12:51 PM
Well this surely shapes as the biggest year for ZPL from what I have seen in pre-season. My predictions are as follows.

Dudley - They have been building for years, pushed suns in semi's last year.
Mayfield - Recruited well and seem to be good for a year or 2 then go missing. I think this might be one of those years.
Kotara - Seem to have busted through the doors, this is a BIG guess based on results, possibly the best club culture the comp has seen.
Suns - Been the big boys and have heard whispers another few big guns have signed but they seem to be having issues. If they click they will score 80 goals or more, problem is they will concede 60.
Swansea - Always been a decent force to be reckoned with, I haven't seen enough of them to put them higher.
Barnsley - New boys on the block and a decent team, They should do well on their own paddock.
Jesmond - Not to sure about Jeso, have history of doing well against the big boys, but flat everywhere else.
Cardiff - I just don't think they will do much, been sliding out over the last 3 years.
Bero - Only reports I have heard is NEGATIVE, players leaving and the dream is over.
Warners Bay - Making up the numbers is a bit disrespectful, great club and facility but not up to it.

Good luck everyone.
Have to agree with Cardiff position, their best chance was over the last 3 years.

The Hacker
06-04-2018, 08:23 AM
Kick off tomorrow I'll have a stab at some winners and see if the banter starts
Jesmond v Mayfield- On trial form Mayfield 3-0
Dudley v Barnsley - Pack your shin pads this will be physical between 2 hard teams Dudley 2-1
Bero v Swansea - Bero are the unknown with the lose of some players so Swansea 1-0
Cardiff v Kotara - If Kotara want to win the comp they need to win games like this early in the season Kotara 2-1
Suns v Warners Bay - Even though they have lost some players the Suns they have been finding the net for fun in pre season. Suns to win by 3+ could be 3-0 or 6-3 and neither would surprise going off pre season form
Good luck to all the teams in what looks the tightest comp of them all with 6-7 teams a chance of silverware

hawk
07-04-2018, 03:32 PM
Kot v Car
1st 3-1
Res 3-1
3rd 2-1

Jardelsimage
07-04-2018, 05:25 PM
Kot v Car
1st 3-1
Res 3-1
3rd 2-1

what no hello how you going

Mayfield
07-04-2018, 05:56 PM
Jesmond vs Mayfield
3rds. 0-3
Res. 0-3
1st. 0-4

hawk
07-04-2018, 10:15 PM

:rof: Kicking back at northern end staying out of trouble.

Decent 2nd half from tangerine & white tigers. Kotara must have the fastest forwards in the comp. very slick.

The Hacker
08-04-2018, 08:28 AM
Two of the early favorites have sent out a message they will be tough to beat. Good results by both Mayfield and Kotara

Donk
08-04-2018, 04:53 PM
Dudley vs Barnsley
3rds 4-2 (ht 2-1)
Res 2-3 (ht 2-0) finished 9 vs 10
1st 2-1 (ht 2-1) Barnsley to 10 men early

Lofty
08-04-2018, 05:55 PM
Dudley vs Barnsley
3rds 4-2 (ht 2-1)
Res 2-3 (ht 2-0) finished 9 vs 10
1st 2-1 (ht 2-1) Barnsley to 10 men early

Sounds like a stock standard boring day there..

ForeverRed
08-04-2018, 06:10 PM
Dudley deserved winners despite playing against 10, Barnsley were brave but over all Dudley were better, great day of banter, some very funny stuff

Gelato
08-04-2018, 06:15 PM
Suns vs Warners

Thirds 1-0
Ressies 2-1
Firsts 3-2

Mitchy
08-04-2018, 06:24 PM
Beresfield vs Swansea

3rds 1-0
Res 0-6
1st 1-2

The Spy
08-04-2018, 06:45 PM
The whipping boys did alright against the Suns, considering the Bay were 2-0 up.

Source
08-04-2018, 07:00 PM
The whipping boys actually played very very well in all three grades against the suns

leftrightout
08-04-2018, 08:07 PM
Dudley deserved winners despite playing against 10, Barnsley were brave but over all Dudley were better, great day of banter, some very funny stuff

Dudley started strong and unlucky not to score in the first few minutes with a bunch of corners.
Once barnsley got into the game they started to look really good and even control the match. The red card came soon after and Dudley pushed on to score 2 quick goals before half time.
Second half Barnsley were brave, like you said and worked really hard to stay in the match.
It is difficult to gauge Barnsley from that performance as they were dominated early, came back into it then lost a man. If anything, i took out that they are going to work hard and make it difficult for teams.
Dudley really are one to beat, they are quality. Not much more needs to be said.

Reserve grade was some game! Red cards, a big come back, some interesting reffing and plenty of feeling for a round 1 match from two teams who seemed a very high standard for reserve grade.

Donk
10-04-2018, 06:15 AM
Bero boys and everyone else travelling to Barnsley this year we are now playing on field 1 (single field) you can park on both sides of the ground.

Wilso8948
10-04-2018, 07:28 AM
Bero boys and everyone else travelling to Barnsley this year we are now playing on field 1 (single field) you can park on both sides of the ground.

Well done. Should have happened years ago much better ground.

Lofty
10-04-2018, 09:32 AM

Is that the pitch where FFA Cup matches were played on this year?

Donk
10-04-2018, 09:42 AM
Is that the pitch where FFA Cup matches were played on this year?
Yep that's the one

Donk
10-04-2018, 09:47 AM
Well done. Should have happened years ago much better ground.
Should have but was never going to happen while we were separate clubs.

Imyourhero
10-04-2018, 10:00 AM

Is this on Taylor Avenue?

Donk
10-04-2018, 12:05 PM
Is this on Taylor Avenue?

Yea it's still at Taylor park with the 3 fields just on the single field that's fenced

Alton
10-04-2018, 12:44 PM

All 3 grades Mario, wtf!!

Jardelsimage
10-04-2018, 02:35 PM
All 3 grades Mario, wtf!!

you win some, you lose some.......had our moments in all 3 grades, once again finishing is an issue.

The Hacker
12-04-2018, 07:27 AM
Some solid results with Swansea and Dudley doing the business over NewFM teams while Mayfield and Warners Bay (everyone predicted to come last) really pushing teams from Newfm to the brink with outstanding displays great effort to show off this division

Imyourhero
12-04-2018, 08:27 AM
I think this competition from 1st to last will be a very competitive and exciting to watch league this season

The Hacker
12-04-2018, 09:02 AM
I think this competition from 1st to last will be a very competitive and exciting to watch league this season

After the results in the last 7 days in both comps you couldn't argue with that statement

Mayfield
14-04-2018, 04:49 PM
Mayfield vs Suns.
1st 2-1
Red 2-1
3rds 4-1

Shere Khan
14-04-2018, 05:02 PM
Swansea v Cardiff
3rds 1-2
Res 4-1
1st 0-0 Cardiff 10 men for 75 mins

The Spy
14-04-2018, 08:49 PM
The Premiership favourites kick on with their win against the Suns. Its about time the money they've forked out for players has paid off.

Roundball Enthusiast
14-04-2018, 09:17 PM
The Premiership favourites kick on with their win against the Suns. Its about time the money they've forked out for players has paid off.

Enough salt to kill a snail.

Lanky2002
14-04-2018, 10:35 PM
They must not have had enough money to keep you there!!!!!!!

Bulldogs 1962
15-04-2018, 07:17 AM
Barnsley Vs bero
1st 2-2
Res 3-2 won for bero
3rd 1-1

The Hacker
15-04-2018, 08:09 AM

If they want to pay players good on them who cares I'm sure their not the only one. Some clubs won't pay a win bonus but they might cover a players rego or something. I'd rather win a premiership with 10 good mates that want to be there cause they love the club and the boys than 10 blokes that are there for $$.

EwoodPark
15-04-2018, 08:55 AM
So naturally Mayfield win a couple of games they must be throwing cash around.

Wake up, come spend a Saturday afternoon down at Mayfield Park and see how close kit the group of players at Mayfield is. Actually come back to our sponsor pub and see the mateship there.

The players at Mayfield have worked hard in pre season and are getting some results at the moment, but we know it is a long season.

Source
15-04-2018, 12:22 PM
Yep money talks 👍👍👍👍

The Anvil
15-04-2018, 07:55 PM
Should see the wage bill at Kotara. Very unsustainable. Reserve grade keeper is on $75 a win. Can't keep a clean sheet against Jeso

holding_midfield
15-04-2018, 09:33 PM
Should see the wage bill at Kotara. Very unsustainable. Reserve grade keeper is on $75 a win. Can't keep a clean sheet against Jeso

I heard the 3rd grade right back is on a packet too

CrazyZigga
15-04-2018, 10:41 PM
Kotara v Jesmond
3rds 2-2
Res 0-2
1sts 4-0

The Hacker
19-04-2018, 08:19 AM
Some interesting games this week especially the front runners Mayfield v Kotara. The other interesting one is Suns v Dudley. Over the past 2 years they have probably become the fiercest rival in this division with no love lost

Jardelsimage
21-04-2018, 04:44 PM
Cardiff v Barnsley

3rds 2--2
res 3--1
1st 1--4

Mayfield
21-04-2018, 05:32 PM
Mayfield vs kotara

3rds 4-1
Red 2-2
1sts 1-1

Buddha
21-04-2018, 08:34 PM
Jesmond on the slide after their shock FFA Cup result. Been a long time coming. Definitely punching above their weight.

holding_midfield
22-04-2018, 09:36 AM
Jesmond on the slide after their shock FFA Cup result. Been a long time coming. Definitely punching above their weight.

They are my early tip to be relegated.

United
22-04-2018, 05:27 PM
Dudley v suns
First grade 3-2 dudley
Reserves 2-1 suns
Thrids 3-2 suns

evolution
23-04-2018, 09:54 AM
They are my early tip to be relegated.

I watched the first half of their game against Swansea on the weekend, they didn't look too bad at all and took their chance well. Heard it finished 1-1.

On a side note I was impressed with the craft beer on tap setup at Jesmond Park, will be watching a few more Rams games this season if that is a regular feature!

Alton
23-04-2018, 01:05 PM
Cardiff v Barnsley

3rds 2--2
res 3--1
1st 1--4
You are joking? What the hell has happened at CCFC?

Jardelsimage
23-04-2018, 02:10 PM
You are joking? What the hell has happened at CCFC?

run out of troops, had a few out, bulldogs finished there chances, we didn't.
2-1 h/t still in the game, injuries hit hard on an already injury riddled team.

all good no need to panic....yet

leftrightout
24-04-2018, 08:02 AM
run out of troops, had a few out, bulldogs finished there chances, we didn't.
2-1 h/t still in the game, injuries hit hard on an already injury riddled team.

all good no need to panic....yet

Low on troops, so lets throw another midweek game at you in FFA Cup!
You boys won't be sad to see the end of that comp would you?

Jardelsimage
24-04-2018, 08:41 AM
Low on troops, so lets throw another midweek game at you in FFA Cup!
You boys won't be sad to see the end of that comp would you?

correct, FFA cruelled us a bit last year in the end, next game is not what you would call good timing...but that's football.

holding_midfield
24-04-2018, 11:39 AM
I watched the first half of their game against Swansea on the weekend, they didn't look too bad at all and took their chance well. Heard it finished 1-1.

On a side note I was impressed with the craft beer on tap setup at Jesmond Park, will be watching a few more Rams games this season if that is a regular feature!

no doubt they still have a bit of quality there and can do a job on their day. we at Kotara always had good battles with them over the years - it just seems they have gone a few years without much in the way of fresh blood and have lost a fair bit of zip all over the park

Mayfield
28-04-2018, 05:36 PM
Swansea vs. Mayfield
3rds 1-0
Red 0-1
1st. 3-3

Donk
28-04-2018, 06:35 PM
Barnsley vs Jesmond
3rds 7-1
Res 4-0
1st 0-2

Gelato
29-04-2018, 04:56 PM
Kotara vs Suns

Thirds 1-2
Ressies 2-3
Firsts 2-3

Clean sweep for The Suns

Source
29-04-2018, 07:09 PM
W/bay v Cardiff
Thirds 0-1
Reggies 5-2
Firsts 2-0

Mitchy
29-04-2018, 07:19 PM
Dudley vs Bero

3rds 3-0
Res 3-1
1st 3-3

Bero up 3-1 with 10 to go in 1st

The Hacker
29-04-2018, 07:41 PM
Dudley vs Bero

3rds 3-0
Res 3-1
1st 3-3

Bero up 3-1 with 10 to go in 1st

Any truth that Luke Lawless got the equalizer with one of the last kicks of the game

Mitchy
29-04-2018, 07:49 PM
Any truth that Luke Lawless got the equalizer with one of the last kicks of the game

100% truth and shirt off in celebration

Lofty
29-04-2018, 08:12 PM

No badge kisses?

The Hacker
29-04-2018, 08:54 PM

Might add some spice to the return match

hawk
29-04-2018, 09:15 PM
W/bay v Cardiff
Thirds 0-1
Reggies 5-2
Firsts 2-0

time to panic yet?

Jardelsimage
30-04-2018, 05:47 AM
time to panic yet?

no, just need troops back on deck. lost another before half time so that dosent help.

Alton
30-04-2018, 01:38 PM
no, just need troops back on deck. lost another before half time so that dosent help.

Worrying signs at CCFC

Jardelsimage
30-04-2018, 02:17 PM
Worrying signs at CCFC

only for injured Alto, hoping for speedy recoveries.
Cessnock on Thursday should be interesting.

The Hacker
30-04-2018, 05:23 PM
only for injured Alto, hoping for speedy recoveries.
Cessnock on Thursday should be interesting.

Cessnock Thursday then Dudley Saturday that's a big couple of days for the Tigers

Jardelsimage
01-05-2018, 06:03 AM
Cessnock Thursday then Dudley Saturday that's a big couple of days for the Tigers

yep a bit of a stuff up with dates, shit happens. at least we can probably concentrate on the comp after Thursday.........

Mayfield
05-05-2018, 05:36 PM
Mayfield vs Barnsley
3rds. 2-2
Red. 1-1.
1sts. 3-1

Source
05-05-2018, 11:17 PM
W/bay v Jesmond
3rds
5-1
Ressies
3-4
Firsts
3-1

The Hacker
06-05-2018, 03:49 PM
Any results from SunsvBero or Dudley v Cardiff

United
06-05-2018, 04:44 PM
Any results from SunsvBero or Dudley v Cardiff

Dudley 4-0 firsts, 2-1 reggies and 3-0 thirds. I heard Bero beat Suns 4-0 in firsts

Imyourhero
06-05-2018, 05:11 PM
4-2 bero

hawk
06-05-2018, 08:05 PM
Early call but Cardiff a real chance for relegation. Any players players coming back from injury?

CrazyZigga
06-05-2018, 08:51 PM
Kotara vs Swansea
1st 5-0
Res 2-5
3rd 1-3

Bizarrely, our Reserves led 2-0, our 3rds led 1-0.

Jardelsimage
07-05-2018, 05:51 AM
Early call but Cardiff a real chance for relegation. Any players players coming back from injury?

just need troops back on deck, most that matter about 2 weeks at least, hopefully that will get us under double figures.

FlatScreen
08-05-2018, 09:42 AM
Suns V Bero score board read
1sts: 2-4 Bero
Res: 3-1 Suns
3rds: 1-1

Alton
08-05-2018, 01:21 PM

I can't believe how much they have dropped off, where did the old coach go? They played ok under him.

Roundball Enthusiast
08-05-2018, 03:37 PM
I can't believe how much they have dropped off, where did the old coach go? They played ok under him.

Sometimes mummies and daddies just don't love each other anymore.

Jardelsimage
08-05-2018, 05:50 PM

old coach is coaching kids at valo.
still playing alright just to many injuries, 21 out on the weekend and not expecting many back this weekend....and playing alright under him, well some peoples views on that are maybe different to yours.......

Jardelsimage
08-05-2018, 05:52 PM
Sometimes mummies and daddies just don't love each other anymore.

??????

Jardelsimage
08-05-2018, 05:57 PM

3rds on the weekend, started with 12, down to 10 at half time, lost 2nil
regis had 2 back up, had one sent off at halftime, led for 80 min, Dudley scored 2 in the last 5, lost 2-1.
1st 2-0 down halftime, run out of legs and bodies, lost 4-0.
there you go the whole story, we aren't panicking as we know when troops are back on deck, things will definitely change.....

Roundball Enthusiast
08-05-2018, 08:38 PM
??????

Was just starting some banter mate, albeit terribly.

I have no idea about the previous or current coaching situation at Cardiff :)

The Hacker
12-05-2018, 04:35 PM
Any results from today. 2 really good games potentially with all teams in the hunt for finals

Donk
12-05-2018, 05:45 PM
Any results from today. 2 really good games potentially with all teams in the hunt for finals
Barnsley vs Kotara
3rds 3-4
Res 0 all
1st 1-4

The Hacker
12-05-2018, 05:59 PM
Barnsley vs Kotara
3rds 3-4
Res 0 all
1st 1-4

Kotara are the real deal this year

Mayfield
13-05-2018, 06:04 PM
Warners Bay vs Mayfield
3rds 1-3
Res 0-4
1st 1-3

Clean sweep for Mayfield

Alton
15-05-2018, 12:47 PM
Ccfc?

evolution
15-05-2018, 01:36 PM
Ccfc?

Vs Bero

1st 2-0
Res 1-3
3rd 0-2

Jardelsimage
15-05-2018, 03:53 PM
Vs Bero

1st 2-0
Res 1-3
3rd 0-2

good result for 1st's, all grades still heavily effected by players out, so 2-0 is a start back.

The Spy
19-05-2018, 09:09 PM
Mayf had a draw with Duds. That'll hurt the win bonus a bit..

Terriblehatjesmondcoach
20-05-2018, 06:00 PM
Wacked on my favourite bootcut jeans and my silky hat and strolled down to nesbitt to watch the tigers and the bay play. Watched absolute disgraceful supporting from John Bennis’s brother. Will be having a appleteni hold the teni at the Kent tonight can’t wait!

Source
20-05-2018, 07:37 PM
Well done to the grub from Kotara who decided it would be funny to call WarnerÂ’s bay c*#ts as their first grade were making their way out to the pitch very poor behaviour on their part , other than that great game unlucky to bay

KSSFC
20-05-2018, 07:42 PM
Well done to the grub from Kotara who decided it would be funny to call WarnerÂ’s bay c*#ts as their first grade were making their way out to the pitch very poor behaviour on their part , other than that great game unlucky to bay
It’s tough to be on the losing end, especially when your team had played well, but I don’t think you need to come on here and bring his up. Things get said all the time at football matches and much worse. All you can do is cop it on the chin.

BestCMintheleague
20-05-2018, 08:02 PM
Come on mate! Let’s move on from this shit please.
We are all more mature than that, a bloke had a few too many tins and knows he was in the wrong. Give it a rest!

Warner’s bay showed good fight today. Unlucky!
Keep fighting .

Go the Tigers.
its tough at the top. Some say
BENCHMARK

holding_midfield
20-05-2018, 09:16 PM

Yas played well today, unlucky not to get something out of the game. As for the sledging, not ideal but lets be honest, we've all copped alot worse, Pasadena Oval comes to mind ;)

Jardelsimage
21-05-2018, 10:50 AM
Suns v Cardiff
3rds 1--0
reg 0--4
1st 1--0

Alton
22-05-2018, 12:38 PM
Suns v Cardiff
3rds 1--0
reg 0--4
1st 1--0

Need to turn things around real quick, not just finals but relegation looms

Roundball Enthusiast
22-05-2018, 01:04 PM

Warnersbay, Barnsley and Jesmond also in the running for Relegation.

I'd be worried if I was any of those 4 clubs, except for Barnsley reserves they're the 4 bottom teams across all grades.

Jardelsimage
22-05-2018, 01:18 PM

good one enstein, well things are better only 16 out on the weekend.......maybe we should get that supercoach back........

Jardelsimage
22-05-2018, 01:22 PM

I'd be worried if I was any of those 4 clubs, except for Barnsley reserves they're the 4 bottom teams across all grades.

no need to worry, players coming back, we did knock off the suns in reggies 4 blot with 16 odd players still out, so things can only get better..........

beaten favourite
22-05-2018, 02:06 PM
no need to worry, players coming back, we did knock off the suns in reggies 4 blot with 16 odd players still out, so things can only get better..........

As a neutral watching the match I thought it was pretty evenly matched for the most part. Wouldn't have thought the Tigers were bottom from that outing.

Lofty
22-05-2018, 02:45 PM

Suns also have many players out, especially the weekend gone which affected ressies the most. Suns had the better chances in first half. Second half a keeper blunder led to on of our guys instinctively stopping a goal bound tap in with his hand resulting in a red card and penalty. I wouldn't take too much from our weakest reserve grade squad this year and a man down. In saying that, I don't think Cardiff are the weakest team we have come up against this year.

Jardelsimage
22-05-2018, 02:45 PM
As a neutral watching the match I thought it was pretty evenly matched for the most part. Wouldn't have thought the Tigers were bottom from that outing.

yeh wasn't a bad game, both sides missed chances, could have been a FFA cup replay in the scoreline.

The Hacker
22-05-2018, 04:24 PM

I think Cardiff and Barnsley have a bit more quality than the other 2. Cardiff just need some personal and luck with injuries. 2 good weeks from any team and they get some breathing room it's not like they are 10 points from safety

The Hacker
25-05-2018, 09:22 AM
I think the game of the weekend will be down at Dudley. Two evenly matched teams and Dudleys big home game of the year. Saturday will see Cardiff get off the bottom of the table I think

Jardelsimage
26-05-2018, 05:49 PM
Cardiff v Jesmond
3rds 1--2
reg --3--2
1st 2--1
not what you would call a quality game, probably Cardiff's worst effort this year, but took the chocolates very late and as they say a wins a win no matter how it happens.....

BestCMintheleague
27-05-2018, 05:14 PM
Dudley vs Kotara South.
Thirds . 0-0
Reserve. 3-2
First. 0-2

Great day down at Dudley park today for the cup. All round good vibe around the ground and a great club.
Thanks again lads.

Up the tigers .

Donk
27-05-2018, 06:15 PM
Suns vs dogs
3rds 2-1
Res 1-7
1st 3-2

Source
27-05-2018, 06:21 PM
W/bay v Swansea
3rds 4-0 Bay
Res 1-4 swan
First 4-0 Bay

Mayfield
27-05-2018, 07:20 PM
Bero vs Mayfield
3rds 0-1 (tight game with bero missing a few chances towards the end of the game)
Res 1-0 (Game finished after maybe 60 mins due to a injury, no sure on time though. Mayfield by far the better team here but made a mistake at the back which let Bero in)
1sts 0-3 (Mayfield scoring their 3 goals in the opening 15-20 mins, then sitting comfortably in 3rd gear for the rest of the match)

The Hacker
27-05-2018, 08:25 PM
W/bay v Swansea
3rds 4-0 Bay
Res 1-4 swan
First 4-0 Bay

Wow there's a result no one picked

TheBean
28-05-2018, 10:29 AM
what a ZPL season this is! results impossible to pick.
Kotara probably the bench mark this year, but very dislikable club after that terrible abuse that they put Warners Bay through :( sort of thing we dont need in Newcastle football

BestCMintheleague
28-05-2018, 10:58 AM
what a ZPL season this is! results impossible to pick.
Kotara probably the bench mark this year, but very dislikable club after that terrible abuse that they put Warners Bay through :( sort of thing we dont need in Newcastle football

Your joking ?!
This is very sad. Most likeable club in the comp.
Assuming you have never had one too many tins in your life and said something you regretted a little.
Put away your tiny violin, wipe away those tears and get on with it

TheBean
28-05-2018, 11:04 AM
combined with your players throwing punches at dudley in preseason i heard. mate as i said, you're the bench mark this year, playing some great football. take the compliment and move on. maybe this is just what happens when a few blokes get on decent money and get some egos, i dunno, if the results are worth it for the club and committee then all good.

Lofty
28-05-2018, 11:31 AM
Haven’t ever really seen to much of that from Kotara. You ever been to Pasadena? I wouldn’t get too hung up about something which is more a one off when you go to other places where good behaviour is the one off..

TheBean
28-05-2018, 11:39 AM
yeah i suppose you're right Lofty. I actually made the trek out to watch Bero v Mayfield last night - both teams quite poor I thought, surprised to see mayfield as high as they are on the table. Pasadena atmosphere was fine though? hardly heard anythingfrom the crowd, Mayfield fans more rowdy if anything.

Lofty
28-05-2018, 12:15 PM
I guess it’s pretty normal that different clubs behave differently depending on who it is. I’d gladly play at kotara every second week if it meant not having to visit bero ever again. Some clubs may think differently, but I think a small minority would enjoy the hospitality Pasadena has to offer.

The Anvil
28-05-2018, 12:39 PM
combined with your players throwing punches at dudley in preseason i heard. mate as i said, you're the bench mark this year, playing some great football. take the compliment and move on. maybe this is just what happens when a few blokes get on decent money and get some egos, i dunno, if the results are worth it for the club and committee then all good.

Wasn't it a Dudley player Throwing them???

There is no way I would pay anyone from Kotara, they all suck! I would love to know where your getting your info from? I would be sacking him!

TheBean
28-05-2018, 12:52 PM
i heard multiple reports that the kotara player was first to throw punches. But wasnt at the game so couldnt comment. wouldnt surprise me if dudley were getting amongst it as well, always an agressive team.

and tbh i wouldnt be paying anyone in this league, but for some reason people are! Kotara seem to have recruited more than most

FlatScreen
28-05-2018, 04:44 PM
It only takes one domino to fall and it can cascade throughout the league. My interest is when people say they pay players, are they taking a "wage" or are they getting their rego paid? Because I couldn't see free rego as payment per say.

ForeverRed
28-05-2018, 04:49 PM
Dudley were unlucky yesterday after having a player sent off in the first 15 minutes, they fought hard with kotara not offering much until late when Dudley ran out of legs

The Hacker
28-05-2018, 05:18 PM
Dudley were unlucky yesterday after having a player sent off in the first 15 minutes, they fought hard with kotara not offering much until late when Dudley ran out of legs

I agree with Forever it was shaping as a good game until the red card. If kicking the ball long to a quick kid up front is #benchmark the second round a lot of teams will play for that

The Anvil
28-05-2018, 05:57 PM
I thought kotara were on top when it was 11 v 11. It’s the same as previous years. Suns give the ball to Chef. Bero last year gave the ball to Lawless. Of course they will play the ball to the quick kid up front? He is quick!!! The quick kid should have scored 4 goals. So 6-0 may have been a fair score. kotara have only conceded 7 goals or something in 1st grade. Out of the games I have seen them play, they have been dominant

The Hacker
28-05-2018, 06:16 PM
I thought kotara were on top when it was 11 v 11. It’s the same as previous years. Suns give the ball to Chef. Bero last year gave the ball to Lawless. Of course they will play the ball to the quick kid up front? He is quick!!! The quick kid should have scored 4 goals. So 6-0 may have been a fair score. kotara have only conceded 7 goals or something in 1st grade. Out of the games I have seen them play, they have been dominant

We will see after 18 weeks. I think teams can be caught out once the good ones won't twice

mefa1984
28-05-2018, 10:42 PM
Your joking ?!
This is very sad. Most likeable club in the comp.
Assuming you have never had one too many tins in your life and said something you regretted a little.
Put away your tiny violin, wipe away those tears and get on with it

Fair enough having one too many, but we shouldn't try to justify those comments with a simple "just one too many tins". Not sure what the solution is but I don't think we should try to cover them.
Just own them and try not to repeat them.
Personally, I have copped much worst than that over the last few years and unfortunately this will always be part of the game.
I agree though, lets move on and get ready for the next round.

Baaaaaaaaaa
29-05-2018, 10:37 AM
Like sands through the hour glass, these are the days of our lives.

holding_midfield
29-05-2018, 12:49 PM

Love to know more about this decent money you're on about. Sounds like bitterness to me.

i heard multiple reports that the kotara player was first to throw punches. But wasnt at the game so couldnt comment.

You already did.

TheBean
29-05-2018, 01:17 PM
haha well surely they arent signing with kotara for the chance to play on that terrible field, or play with blokes who throw punches in trial matches and abuse opposition teams after sipping their first beer? :lulzturtle:

beaten favourite
29-05-2018, 02:08 PM
haha well surely they arent signing with kotara for the chance to play on that terrible field, or play with blokes who throw punches in trial matches and abuse opposition teams after sipping their first beer? :lulzturtle:

YAWN....... Shut up and move on mate. You're boring everyone to tears.

TheBean
29-05-2018, 02:26 PM
sorry mate, just been responding to people who keep responding to me- didnt mean to cause any tears..my first post was just that kotara are the benchmark :)

happy to discuss other matters- predictions for the weekend?
Dudley - but i see a lot of goals in this one
Suns
Mayf-Cardiff draw
warners bay
kotara by about 6 goals

holding_midfield
29-05-2018, 03:36 PM

Happy to cop criticism of our players and club but dont let me hear you negging on Stade de la Nesbitt the silkiest ground in newy

Lofty
29-05-2018, 05:22 PM
Happy to cop criticism of our players and club but dont let me hear you negging on Stade de la Nesbitt the silkiest ground in newy

You obviously haven’t been to Carro. World class

holding_midfield
30-05-2018, 07:13 PM
You obviously haven’t been to Carro. World class

Great value for your shots at carro

Lofty
30-05-2018, 08:09 PM
Great value for your shots at carro

One of the few ground that can put your shot top bins on the third bounce.

holding_midfield
30-05-2018, 09:09 PM
One of the few ground that can put your shot top bins on the third bounce.

Was referring more to my cover drive ;)

Lofty
30-05-2018, 10:09 PM
Was referring more to my cover drive ;)

Haha I missed that! Yeah I wouldn’t doubt that they’d run away pretty easily!

Mayfield
02-06-2018, 04:43 PM
Mayfield vs Cardiff
3rds 3-2
Res 2-2
1st. 4-2

Donk
02-06-2018, 07:02 PM
Barnsley vs Bay
3rds 2-1
Res 2-0
1st 1-3