PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Zone League 3 thread

Pages : [1] 2

boz-monaut
01-01-2018, 12:23 PM
2018 discussion starts here

anfield
06-02-2018, 09:24 AM
7 clubs this year in zl3, would be great to see an 8th club enter.

The roosta
06-02-2018, 04:11 PM
If any clubs first grade side are interested in trial games against a Friday night A/A B grade side from febuary 19th hit me up we can host and just split the ref fees.
Cheers.

Premy
19-02-2018, 09:09 PM
Anyone in here got contact details for someone from West Wallsend? PM me.
Cheers.

onlooker
26-02-2018, 06:26 PM
Rumours going around a team from this comp is struggling to get numbers to play this season. Can anyone confirm/deny these rumours??

NWB1981
26-02-2018, 07:59 PM
Rumours going around a team from this comp is struggling to get numbers to play this season. Can anyone confirm/deny these rumours??
I did read somewhere that mayfield juniors ZL3 were looking for players.

onlooker
26-02-2018, 08:11 PM
I did read somewhere that mayfield juniors ZL3 were looking for players.
Ah ok I follow their Facebook page and have seen them advertise for senior all age players but not for zone league. Be a shame to see any more teams drop out, after Muswellbrook have just done so. Loosing way more teams then are being gained.

anfield
27-02-2018, 09:25 AM

I think a few teams are probably a little short of where they want to be. Medowie are probably the club with number problems. Dudley has the numbers, still looking for a player or two. At this stage of the year it's difficult to get decent turnouts to trials.

I think that NNSW football need to do something about the cost of playing. There has to be a point where something has to give.

Charman
27-02-2018, 11:31 AM
Agreed ANFIELD, cost to play in 6th division football is too expensive for the return. It's a nice little earn for the fed but if it disappeared it wouldn't be missed by them. A shame when you look at teams like Cooks Hill who were in this league 4 years ago. Refs fees are also through the roof this year, I guess in an attempt to sway AA refs to get on board.

roundballsarebetter
27-02-2018, 11:52 AM
Medowie are in real trouble with numbers

Cunning stunts
27-02-2018, 01:04 PM
could we see a end to ZPL3 this year and merge it to ZPL2 do you think?

Premy
27-02-2018, 05:06 PM
Are there any ZL2 teams that could fill a third grade to make ZL1 a 12 team comp then everyone else to be in ZL2?

I have heard rumours of one ZL1 Club struggling with numbers for third grade, I don't know how much truth there is to the rumours so I won't name the club.

pv4
27-02-2018, 08:33 PM
Are there any ZL2 teams that could fill a third grade to make ZL1 a 12 team comp then everyone else to be in ZL2?

I have heard rumours of one ZL1 Club struggling with numbers for third grade, I don't know how much truth there is to the rumours so I won't name the club.

I heard from reliable enough sources that Morisset only have around 20 players total for three grades currently.

MonkeyKplunk
28-02-2018, 06:45 AM
When you guys get to the ZL meeting tonight, someone needs to ask them why they've let the competition slide to this extent and what they plan to do about it to raise the profile again.

Otherwise we're going to get to a point where ZL will basically be ZPL and ZL1, and AA comps will be flooded with teams/players

idontwannaplaywithhowey
28-02-2018, 04:58 PM
could we see a end to ZPL3 this year and merge it to ZPL2 do you think?

That wouldn't surprise me.

Swanky
28-02-2018, 05:02 PM
When you guys get to the ZL meeting tonight, someone needs to ask them why they've let the competition slide to this extent and what they plan to do about it to raise the profile again.

Otherwise we're going to get to a point where ZL will basically be ZPL and ZL1, and AA comps will be flooded with teams/players

Not much federation can do if youngsters don’t want to commit to playing a full season and volunteers are shrinking

The roosta
02-03-2018, 12:27 PM
If any clubs are looking for trial games Kurri jsc have 2 A/A teams available and are happy to also host the game send me a pm if interested.
Cheers.

Charman
02-03-2018, 01:03 PM
hey roosta, why don't you put the 2 AA teams back into ZL?

The roosta
02-03-2018, 01:25 PM
we dont have a committee with the senior club anymore hence why we folded a few yrs ago. A lot of bloke from that time have since moved on / no longer playing and up until last week we only had 1 team and I think ts a bit late to make the push now. It’s something to club would like to aim for in the coming seasons that’s for sure.

sharky21
02-03-2018, 04:55 PM
we dont have a committee with the senior club anymore hence why we folded a few yrs ago. A lot of bloke from that time have since moved on / no longer playing and up until last week we only had 1 team and I think ts a bit late to make the push now. It’s something to club would like to aim for in the coming seasons that’s for sure.

That’s what we like to hear a club with a bit of ambition to want to turn their all age teams in a grade team. Unfortunately I feel where I spent the majority of my time playing grade football and have just now returned to play all age, It will be a long time before they get the ambition to want to do it again, I tried last year to get something going for this year possibly next year and was met with plenty of obstacles that made it near impossible. Hasn’t stopped me trying tho. But still great to hear there are clubs out there still looking to make the jump and create a pathway for their juniors to aim for.

NWB1981
04-03-2018, 09:44 PM
So is there any update as to the makeup to this comp this year? Only a month until kick-off and nothing seems organised!

leftrightout
05-03-2018, 11:24 AM
So is there any update as to the makeup to this comp this year? Only a month until kick-off and nothing seems organised!

Seems terribly unorganised... Will Medowie field teams or have they folded?

Cunning stunts
05-03-2018, 11:33 AM
Well just got confirmed that Mayfield have pulled out of the Comp and it is now a 6 team comp with 20 matches

Maitland Fc
Maitland Jnr
West Wallsend
Dudley
Medowie (Are in doubt by some reports?)
Bolwarra Lorn (Also heard rumors of this team being promoted but this could change now with the clubs pulling out)

Charman
05-03-2018, 12:12 PM
Wow. Last I heard they had 26 which is decent numbers only needing 4-5 to fill a squad. Apparently the boys in blue that skipped L2 took a few of their best players so they could play reserve grade in L1. If true it is a shame as they have turned up for years, even when they were less than competitive. This Zl2-ZL3 thing is always on shaky ground with clubs battling every year to sustain it or maintain a squad.
I also heard of one club who is charging $650 rego! Must come with a decent package you'd think.

roundballsarebetter
05-03-2018, 12:32 PM
Near certain that medowie will fold , I work with a couple of guys at the RAAF base and they said the writing is on the wall and the rest of the blokes are going to the Terrace looking for a game

DonPablo
05-03-2018, 01:13 PM
Wow.
I also heard of one club who is charging $650 rego! Must come with a decent package you'd think.

$650?

Muy Loco. That is stupid and that club should be embarrassed.

Cunning stunts
05-03-2018, 03:11 PM
13 teams across 2 comps....

Anyone else think they should send someone up to ZPL1 and maybe ZPL2 & 3 combined to be a 12 team comp.

or if Medowie are all but going to fold don't move anyone to ZPL1 and still make ZPL2 & 3 one comp

Charman
05-03-2018, 03:20 PM

Anyone else think they should send someone up to ZPL1 and maybe ZPL2 & 3 combined to be a 12 team comp.

or if Medowie are all but going to fold don't move anyone to ZPL1 and still make ZPL2 & 3 one comp

Yes, agree with a team moving to ZL1, especially now since you don't even have to have a 3rd grade to play there. (It's in another forum regarding Morisset) so on those grounds the runners up in L2 could go up. What an opportunity! Also, they reduce the entry fee costs as it has to be easier only running ZL2 and not ZL3 as well.

Cunning stunts
05-03-2018, 03:24 PM
yeah i do know Bolwarra have enough players and All Age teams to compete in ZPL1 they have been in discussion with the association so i am heavily surprised with them letting Morriset stay

Premy
05-03-2018, 03:26 PM

Just merge ZL2&3 together.

anfield
05-03-2018, 04:39 PM
My mail is pretty good, medowie have committed and look stable. Although bolwarra have the player numbers im not sure how competitive they would be in ZL1? Jumping 2 divisions is a big ask. New Lambton in zone league 2 would be a more obvious club to go up if required.

anfield
06-03-2018, 06:58 PM
Dudley zone league 3 still looking for a couple of players to fill the squad. Any interested players send me a private msg

Cunning stunts
09-03-2018, 01:16 PM
We have a few spots still in our squad if anyone is looking to play this year. also a goal keeper wanted PM for more details if any interest

DonPablo
11-03-2018, 09:26 PM
We have a few spots still in our squad if anyone is looking to play this year. also a goal keeper wanted PM for more details if any interest

Wot club are u from?

luke agresti
12-03-2018, 11:08 PM
would love to play all age again this year if there any clubs still looking for players.

Cabaye#4
15-03-2018, 10:24 PM
would love to play all age again this year if there any clubs still looking for players.
So....maybe post in the all age thread?

Cunning stunts
21-03-2018, 02:13 PM
Two weeks out from comp start how is everyone looking?

surely Bolwarra are heavy favorites
Maitland Jnr will be a surprise packet if there FFA cup results are anything to go by
West Wallsend and Dudley will be strong

Charman
21-03-2018, 02:33 PM
Two weeks out from comp start how is everyone looking?

surely Bolwarra are heavy favorites
Maitland Jnr will be a surprise packet if there FFA cup results are anything to go by
West Wallsend and Dudley will be strong

Maitland JNR beating Simba was a big result. Simba are a good side. Saddens me to say I too think Bolwarra are early favourites but it also depends on referees and how their games are officiated. Westie had a big turn out to trials and turned players away, doesn't happen much in L3. Maitland SNR will again be amongst it but it depends whether they are in party mode like most Friday night's up there or they focus on playing. Duds will go well, go the Demons!

Cunning stunts
21-03-2018, 03:17 PM
Maitland Snr will be about but only issue they have had a fair bit of turn over of players.

i see Bolwarra coming close if not doing the double comfortably this year

Brown town
28-03-2018, 07:45 PM
Heard a rumour that Dudley are in trouble with player numbers. Any true to that?

Charman
29-03-2018, 07:09 AM
Heard a rumour that Dudley are in trouble with player numbers. Any true to that?

28 locked in firm. Talking with 3 others. One guy left as he couldn't stay true. Just picked up a major sponsor as well. On top of that we have a pretty fair U/18's team we plan on tapping into where required. Dudley all good.

anfield
29-03-2018, 07:21 AM

Been a testing pre-season on the player front, But looking positive now. Was looking very shaky two weeks ago, but some recent signing have given us a solid foundation. Lots of pre-season injuries have made the trials and FFA cup games challenging. But realistically we have kept the majority of our first grade squad and have added a few others.
Interesting that news has made it around other clubs??

MonkeyKplunk
29-03-2018, 07:33 AM
28 locked in firm. Talking with 3 others. One guy left as he couldn't stay true. Just picked up a major sponsor as well. On top of that we have a pretty fair U/18's team we plan on tapping into where required. Dudley all good.

You leave those kids alone

Cunning stunts
29-03-2018, 07:49 AM
you also have a Friday Night All age team that you could use players if required don't you?

anfield
29-03-2018, 09:22 AM
you also have a Friday Night All age team that you could use players if required don't you?

We do, we also have another 5 all age teams. There is plenty of players out there, but the problem is that they want to play all age. The next 12 months is huge for the future of zone league 2 and zone league 3. We need to find a way for guys to want to play zone league football. Currently all age football is much cheaper to play, there is the main issue. Make it cheaper, guys will play zone league.

Macca
29-03-2018, 09:38 AM
We do, we also have another 5 all age teams. There is plenty of players out there, but the problem is that they want to play all age. The next 12 months is huge for the future of zone league 2 and zone league 3. We need to find a way for guys to want to play zone league football. Currently all age football is much cheaper to play, there is the main issue. Make it cheaper, guys will play zone league.

Rego at our club isn't much different. I reckon the main difference for guys at our club is commitment to training, playing Friday night as opposed to chewing up majority of Saturday, and more game day responsibilities. Some players possibly also don't enjoy the challenge of playing at a higher / more formal level.

Cunning stunts
29-03-2018, 09:58 AM
Price to me isn't any different. i played allage a few years back and Paid 400 with no gear and now playing ZPL3 and pay $400 with gear

just a few changes i would like to see that i think will make the comps stronger and interesting for the people player ALL age

let clubs choose to play Friday night games more like Maitland Fc if they want there home games to be a Friday night.
allow 40 players to be registered

and the big one for me is make the lowest grade of the competition (E.g reserve for ZPL3 and ZPL2) unlimited interchange or 3 per half. for me this is the big one because as a player you don't want to be playing if your going to get 10 mins a week

Charman
29-03-2018, 10:53 AM
and the big one for me is make the lowest grade of the competition (E.g reserve for ZPL3 and ZPL2) unlimited interchange or 3 per half. for me this is the big one because as a player you don't want to be playing if your going to get 10 mins a week[/QUOTE]

BANG ON! Was suggested by a very clever individual 2 years in a row. NO was the answer. Anyway......round and round the mulberry bush we go.

ranger
29-03-2018, 11:06 AM
I was under the impression we could ‘request’ any day to play? Whether that be fri, sat or sun and the association would go with what we requested? Friday nights at Maitland is always good fun.

I also think we can register as many players as we want? When we enquired as too how many players we can register we were told that the maximum player numbers is a guideline? Don’t think the association is in a position to say no to players. They pretty much said if you feel you can manage 40 players then good luck to you.

I’m a fan of substitution not unlimited interchange. Coming from all age I felt it was a positive change to go away from unlimited interchange. Added another element to the gameday. In saying that we have heaps of fat blokes that would be all for unlimited interchange.

I think the main thing association needs to do is go to every interdistrict club, sit down with committees, coaches, players and sell the comp to them. Answer the questions. Work with clubs. Yeh I know that’s hard work but if the association genuinely want this comp to survive it’s going to take abit of effort.

When we decided to go from all age to Zone league we had our 3 all age teams sit down and have a big discussion and there was definately different opinions on what people wanted to do. We worked out pros/cons and questions we wanted then contacted Zone League clubs and asked them our queries and reservations. Safe to say 2 years on we think it was a good move.

It’s a good comp with good potential it is just run and administrated badly.

Cunning stunts
29-03-2018, 11:27 AM
Completely agree with it should be limited subs in first grade. but in the lowest grade it should be unlimited or limited to 3 a half.

witht he capped rego of player we were recently told we could only rego 35? can someone on here confirm we can do more?

anfield
29-03-2018, 12:47 PM
This will be Dudley's 5th year in competition. This year has been the most disappointing start to them all, 6 teams is not enough. But unfortunately as the ZPL has became bigger and better the bottom two divisions have gone backwards.
This year is a real important year, I think clubs and the association need to work together to improve zL2 and Zl3. We basically need players to choose zone league rather then all age. Fees need to be capped by the federation, so that all clubs roughly charge the same amounts. There appears to be too big of a spread in fees charged by clubs when we all play the same game.
I would like to see more players that stop playing higher divisions or that cant make it in higher divisions move back to lower zone league clubs instead of playing all age. Thats been a big issue this year. Thats why zone league 3 clubs are struggling and its getting harder to get all age players to step up full time. As with our club its more expensive, by $50. Some are higher. This year might be the year when as club officials we sit down as a collective with association and look at strategies to help. The association are flexible and do a good job , but we all can help.

Macca
29-03-2018, 02:07 PM
This will be Dudley's 5th year in competition. This year has been the most disappointing start to them all, 6 teams is not enough. But unfortunately as the ZPL has became bigger and better the bottom two divisions have gone backwards.
This year is a real important year, I think clubs and the association need to work together to improve zL2 and Zl3. We basically need players to choose zone league rather then all age. Fees need to be capped by the federation, so that all clubs roughly charge the same amounts. There appears to be too big of a spread in fees charged by clubs when we all play the same game.
I would like to see more players that stop playing higher divisions or that cant make it in higher divisions move back to lower zone league clubs instead of playing all age. Thats been a big issue this year. Thats why zone league 3 clubs are struggling and its getting harder to get all age players to step up full time. As with our club its more expensive, by $50. Some are higher. This year might be the year when as club officials we sit down as a collective with association and look at strategies to help. The association are flexible and do a good job , but we all can help.

There's already plenty of players that have played higher levels that are playing in zone leagues. Where players go when they decide to take a step back from the higher levels has little to do with the comp (imo) and more to do with where they live, the time they are willing to commit and their personal preferences (ie if they already have half a dozen good mates playing in a team somewhere).

Personally I think you are fixating on rego fees too much, these are somewhat under the club's control - and if people are willing to drop from zone league to all age to save $30-$50 over a season, I think there's other issues there.

Good post by Ranger, and think if more clubs with a few all age teams had these discussions and dialogues between teams and club, more could be achieved.

While I feel for the guys in ZL3 who are playing in a thinned out comp and understand this is frustrating, I think you are somewhat laying the blame at the wrong feet by saying the association needs to provide [incentive for] more teams for the comp. No doubt it could do more work in addressing concerns of big clubs who are not fielding teams in the zone leagues and approaching them to ask why. But things as simple as a rule change here or there or saying regos are too high is not the answer. For every rule change you make that someone agrees with, there will be the same number of people against it and you won't find a one size fits all approach. Clubs with all age teams and no ZL teams should be asking members of those teams - "Are you interested in progressing this club further and being a part of this (by joining into the ZL system) - if not, why not?" And seeing what actual concerns they have (this will be different for each team, although common themes may arise), as some will be able to be addressed easily.

Cabaye#4
29-03-2018, 02:38 PM
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I was told that AA is governed the same way as juniors, rather than Zone league.
ie juniors, all age, o35s all sit under the same banner. Whereas zone league is a different category.

My personal experience has seen this as one reason for the lack of exposure to zl options.

Half the clubs are run the same way across all teams, inclusive of AA, so the change to ZL requires a new approach, and often new volunteers to handle the increased workload.
I think a good number of clubs are run with the ‘seniors vs juniors’ approach where it’s conflicting parties, under the same roof, playing different rules, trying to reach common ground. And there are more than enough horror stories to keep these ‘junior’ clubs from wanting to make the step up to Zone league.

Brown town
29-03-2018, 04:03 PM
I was under the impression we could ‘request’ any day to play? Whether that be fri, sat or sun and the association would go with what we requested? Friday nights at Maitland is always good fun.

I also think we can register as many players as we want? When we enquired as too how many players we can register we were told that the maximum player numbers is a guideline? Don’t think the association is in a position to say no to players. They pretty much said if you feel you can manage 40 players then good luck to you.

I’m a fan of substitution not unlimited interchange. Coming from all age I felt it was a positive change to go away from unlimited interchange. Added another element to the gameday. In saying that we have heaps of fat blokes that would be all for unlimited interchange.

I think the main thing association needs to do is go to every interdistrict club, sit down with committees, coaches, players and sell the comp to them. Answer the questions. Work with clubs. Yeh I know that’s hard work but if the association genuinely want this comp to survive it’s going to take abit of effort.

When we decided to go from all age to Zone league we had our 3 all age teams sit down and have a big discussion and there was definately different opinions on what people wanted to do. We worked out pros/cons and questions we wanted then contacted Zone League clubs and asked them our queries and reservations. Safe to say 2 years on we think it was a good move.

It’s a good comp with good potential it is just run and administrated badly.

Name and shame the fat blokes!!!

But for us it has been the best decision we have ever made. The yr before we joined our 3 aa teams had terrible seasons with terrible numbers. Now we have been able to have solid numbers for the past 3 seasons and have been able to keep our rego at a great price compared to other clubs by the sounds of.

Huge yr for zpl2/3. It needs to stay and hopefully grow in numbers again.

From one of the fat blokes

hawk
29-03-2018, 05:04 PM

This, particularly with rego costs.

plus, ive seen these grades undeservedly get put down a bit. Need to speak it up and give it more cred so its a step up from AA. Not only will players be more committed but hopefully will help with all the extra volunteer stuff and get a stable club culture going.

DonPablo
29-03-2018, 11:43 PM
ive seen these grades undeservedly get put down a bit. Need to speak it up and give it more cred so its a step up from AA. Not only will players be more committed but hopefully will help with all the extra volunteer stuff and get a stable club culture going.

THIS. !!!!

Mi amigo es muy inteligente!!!!

Could we get match highlights and accompany them with benny hill music??

DonPablo
29-03-2018, 11:47 PM
But in all seriousness.
What do amigos e amigas think about creating a ZONE LEAGUE site?
Or a Facebook page that purely reports Zone League results?? Exposure is non existent below newfm and npl. ZPL gets exposure as it has lots of good players but no one hears boo about the next 3 divisions.
Perhaps we could start PabloSports.com and be like that other site )spewysports( that ignores us plebs, but just do it......better????

Build it and they will come.

Jardelsimage
30-03-2018, 09:55 AM
But in all seriousness.
What do amigos e amigas think about creating a ZONE LEAGUE site?
Or a Facebook page that purely reports Zone League results?? Exposure is non existent below newfm and npl. ZPL gets exposure as it has lots of good players but no one hears boo about the next 3 divisions.
Perhaps we could start PabloSports.com and be like that other site )spewysports( that ignores us plebs, but just do it......better????

Build it and they will come.

good idea, newysports should change his name to 2hdsports or ilovecookers..........:wink::wink:

DonPablo
30-03-2018, 09:36 PM
It has been built.
Lets make them come.
https://facebook.com/zoneleaguefootballnnsw
In their pants.

boz-monaut
30-03-2018, 09:43 PM
you could always talk to Furns about posting articles or whatever on this godforsaken website

it's not just these idiotic forums we all pollute with our bullshit, there's a whole website out there

http://www.newcastlefootball.net/home/

anfield
31-03-2018, 09:55 PM
There's already plenty of players that have played higher levels that are playing in zone leagues. Where players go when they decide to take a step back from the higher levels has little to do with the comp (imo) and more to do with where they live, the time they are willing to commit and their personal preferences (ie if they already have half a dozen good mates playing in a team somewhere).

Personally I think you are fixating on rego fees too much, these are somewhat under the club's control - and if people are willing to drop from zone league to all age to save $30-$50 over a season, I think there's other issues there.

Good post by Ranger, and think if more clubs with a few all age teams had these discussions and dialogues between teams and club, more could be achieved.

While I feel for the guys in ZL3 who are playing in a thinned out comp and understand this is frustrating, I think you are somewhat laying the blame at the wrong feet by saying the association needs to provide [incentive for] more teams for the comp. No doubt it could do more work in addressing concerns of big clubs who are not fielding teams in the zone leagues and approaching them to ask why. But things as simple as a rule change here or there or saying regos are too high is not the answer. For every rule change you make that someone agrees with, there will be the same number of people against it and you won't find a one size fits all approach. Clubs with all age teams and no ZL teams should be asking members of those teams - "Are you interested in progressing this club further and being a part of this (by joining into the ZL system) - if not, why not?" And seeing what actual concerns they have (this will be different for each team, although common themes may arise), as some will be able to be addressed easily.

Being someone involved in chasing players I can tell you that the price of registration is a issue among players. Its one of the first questions asked.
I will add there is a few quite successful clubs in our area that are very cheap to play all age soccer at. We are in competition for players with all clubs in the area and I believe we have missed out on some players because of this. As I said, I have chased players so I do have a background in this.

The association isn't to blame, I feel as a collective this is the year we need to sit down as zone league clubs and the association and look at how to get more players/clubs back into zone league football. We are currently losing too many clubs and players to all age football.
Our club cannot play Friday night games. Too many over 35's and Friday night all age teams.

Zplbetting
31-03-2018, 10:03 PM
Huge season ahead for the zpl3 comp.

Looks to be a very interesting on paper as to who will be on top of the ladder come the end of the season.

All of the teams should get to know each other very well be the end of the season, as they play each other 4 times. So it looks like it could be a long and grinding season with no bye and only 6 teams.

The pre-season has been a difficult one for a few clubs that have been struggling for numbers. There have been a few pre-season results that raised a few eyebrows such as bolwarra and maitland juniors victories in the ffa cup defeating teams in the leagues above.

Here is the betting market for premiers

Bolwarra- $2.50
Maitland seniors/westy- $5.50
Maitland juniors- $10
Medowie- $21
Mayfield- $121
Bolwarra have been close last 2 seasons and without azzurri and argy there it might be their year
Maitland snr huge player turn over and have lost alot of their 1st grade but their ressies from last yr should be strong enough to be competitive
Westy 1st year in but look to be pretty much edgy from last yr and look to have recruited well. Maybe wanting to be this yrs azzurri.
Maitland juniors few new players, good preseason victory over simba. Could be value bet
Medowie- unsure, been very quiet. Could depend on the big lez show. Class above on his day. Huge chance to see him without a shirt on during match day
Mayfield who knows. Have had a couple of terrible years being put to the sword on a number of occasions.

All the best to all teams and as always bet responsibly.

anfield
01-04-2018, 07:30 AM

Looks to be a very interesting on paper as to who will be on top of the ladder come the end of the season.

All of the teams should get to know each other very well be the end of the season, as they play each other 4 times. So it looks like it could be a long and grinding season with no bye and only 6 teams.

The pre-season has been a difficult one for a few clubs that have been struggling for numbers. There have been a few pre-season results that raised a few eyebrows such as bolwarra and maitland juniors victories in the ffa cup defeating teams in the leagues above.

Bolwarra- $2.50
Maitland juniors- $10
Medowie- $21
Mayfield- $121
Bolwarra have been close last 2 seasons and without azzurri and argy there it might be their year
Maitland snr huge player turn over and have lost alot of their 1st grade but their ressies from last yr should be strong enough to be competitive
Westy 1st year in but look to be pretty much edgy from last yr and look to have recruited well. Maybe wanting to be this yrs azzurri.
Maitland juniors few new players, good preseason victory over simba. Could be value bet
Medowie- unsure, been very quiet. Could depend on the big lez show. Class above on his day. Huge chance to see him without a shirt on during match day
Mayfield who knows. Have had a couple of terrible years being put to the sword on a number of occasions.

Here's a scoop. Well a 5 week old scoop. Mayfield are out.

Oh and there's a little team called Dudley in the competition that you missed.

You did get one thing correct. Bolwarra will be favourites.

Zplbetting
01-04-2018, 02:24 PM
Sorry about that. Would have dudley in at $7.50. Normally have an up and down season. Some really good victories and the only team to beat azzurri last year. Had talk of player number issues but those rumours have been squashed.

Mayfield probably have more of a chance of winning the comp this year now.

Cunning stunts
03-04-2018, 10:13 AM
anyone want to have a stab at Ladder predictions?

Bolwarra
Westy
Dudley
Maitland Fc
Maitland Jnr
Medowie

Cunning stunts
03-04-2018, 10:15 AM
Round 1 tips

Maitland Fc vs Bolwarra - Bolwarra both grades
West wallsend vs Medowie - West wallsend both grades
Maitland Juniors Vs Dudley - Draw first - Dudley Ressies

anfield
03-04-2018, 09:36 PM

Bolwarra- $2.50
Maitland juniors- $10
Medowie- $21
Mayfield- $121

Interesting to hear about Maitland seniors. Whats happened to their squad from last year?

Cunning stunts
04-04-2018, 08:01 AM
contained most of the reserve grade players and a couple of first grade players but a few have gone to try there hand at a higher lever.

we have got 35 registered so numbers are fine, we just might take a while to gel with the amount of new combinations and fitness etc. but hopefully still competitive as a squad again

anfield
04-04-2018, 11:50 AM
contained most of the reserve grade players and a couple of first grade players but a few have gone to try there hand at a higher lever.

we have got 35 registered so numbers are fine, we just might take a while to gel with the amount of new combinations and fitness etc. but hopefully still competitive as a squad again

For the competition's sake, Maitland seniors introduction was a positive addition. Good ground (well im not so sure ruben zadkovich agrees) , good club, solid squad. Hopefully they will stay in competition for year's to come.

Good for the competition that they have a couple of local derbies in bolwarra and Maitland juniors. Bolwarra clearly the favourites for the competition this year, solid numbers im hearing.
Maitland juniors are a little under the radar at the moment. Had a good win over simba in ffa cup. Possibly have a few new additions?

Charman
04-04-2018, 12:16 PM
Maitland SNRS reserve grade from last year would have been close to mid tale in 1st last year. They were a very good reserve grade side.

anfield
09-04-2018, 07:01 AM
Maitland juniors v Dudley
Firsts 3-1 Maitland
Reserves 1-1

Cunning stunts
09-04-2018, 07:51 AM
Maitland Snrs vs Bolwarra
ruff night out for both grades

First 5-1 Bolwarra - scoreline doesn't directly represent the type of game it was. first half was a tight end to end game but in the End the better side clearly won
Ressies 10-1 Bolwarra

Cunning stunts
09-04-2018, 07:52 AM
Maitland juniors v Dudley
Firsts 3-1 Maitland
Reserves 1-1

Looks like Maitland Jnrs could be a dark horse with there two competitive matches taking the win

Cunning stunts
11-04-2018, 08:23 AM
Thoughts this weekend?

Medowie V Bolwarra - Bolwarra both grades

Dudley V Maitland - Draw First - Dudley Ressies

Maitland Jnr V West Wallsend - Maitland First - Westy Ressies

Charman
12-04-2018, 12:16 PM
What was Westy v Medowie scores from weekend?

Cunning stunts
12-04-2018, 01:06 PM
Ressies
6-1

FIrst
5-3

Westy getting the win in both

Charman
15-04-2018, 12:32 AM
Dudley v Maitland snrs
Res 0-2
1st 1-2
Dudley still signing players and 8 out today. Maitland deserved winners in both grades.

Cunning stunts
16-04-2018, 07:43 AM
Interesting result out at Medowie. any feed back of that game?

also Westy beating Maitland Juniors interesting result. but with the Wind yesterday i could imagine the game was a scrappy affair

anfield
16-04-2018, 08:54 AM
Interesting result out at Medowie. any feed back of that game?

also Westy beating Maitland Juniors interesting result. but with the Wind yesterday i could imagine the game was a scrappy affair

What were the westy v Maitland juniors scores?

anfield
16-04-2018, 08:55 AM
Dudley v Maitland snrs
Res 0-2
1st 1-2
Dudley still signing players and 8 out today. Maitland deserved winners in both grades.

Maitland snrs first grade still has enough quality to finish in the top 2-3.

Cunning stunts
16-04-2018, 10:36 AM
What were the westy v Maitland juniors scores?

2-0 ressies
2-0 first i believe

Cunning stunts
17-04-2018, 08:39 AM
Tips for round 3?

Maitland Fc vs Maitland Jnr - Ressies draw - first Maitland Jnr (local derby always a good contest think Jnrs are one of the top teams going on FFA cup results and results so far)
Dudley vs Medowie - Ressies draw - First Medowie (Medowie with a surprise result against the short price favorites of the competition last week think they could be too strong for Dudley)
Bolwarra V Westy - Ressies Bolwarra - first Draw ( Will be a good day of football i suspect here but i couldn't split them going off the opening two rounds)

Charman
21-04-2018, 10:55 PM
Let's get scores posted for all games.
Dudley v medowie.
Res 4-1
1st 0-2.
Dudley with 6 out, Medowie with 6 backing up. Good win for those fellas. They are a pretty decent team.

Cunning stunts
23-04-2018, 07:56 AM
Maitland FC vs Maitland Jnr

Res 1-1
First 2-3 Maitland Jnr with the win. ( was a good hard faught local derby with Maitland Fc having a bloke sent off after 20 mins

Drogdog
25-04-2018, 01:03 PM
Did the Bluebells actually complain about excess noise/carry-on at Bolwarra?

anfield
29-04-2018, 09:19 AM
Bolwarra v Dudley
Firsts 2-1 bolwarra
Reserves 6-0 bolwarra

Bolwarra clearly the benchmark in this competition across both grades. They have sent the challenge down to everyone to get to their standard.
As for Dudley, difficult afternoon with 12 players unavailable. But good second half for first grade shown that a result is not too far away.
So far this season Dudley has had referees in all 4 games, it's good to see. All our games have been really competitive but played in a good spirit, Which is really good. Now it's time to start getting some points.

Cunning stunts
30-04-2018, 09:41 AM
Maitland Vs West Wallsend

Ressies 3-1 westy
First 1-0 westy. good hard match with us missing alot of chances on goal and westy taking one of there only chances

Us out WEST
30-04-2018, 09:34 PM
Maitland Vs West Wallsend

Ressies 3-1 westy
First 1-0 westy. good hard match with us missing alot of chances on goal and westy taking one of there only chances

The better team won on the day.

Cunning stunts
01-05-2018, 07:49 AM
The better team won on the day.

Each to there own opinion. Westy Did take there chances. Still have 3 more times to play each other

Us out WEST
01-05-2018, 03:54 PM
Each to there own opinion. Westy Did take there chances. Still have 3 more times to play each other

I think there’s a chance we play use 6 times this Year. That’s us on a bad day and use couldn’t get a point. With the Squad we have, we won’t be dropping many more points in either Grade.

roundballsarebetter
01-05-2018, 04:29 PM
I think there’s a chance we play use 6 times this Year. That’s us on a bad day and use couldn’t get a point. With the Squad we have, we won’t be dropping many more points in either Grade.

Funny when blokes come on this forum and paint a target on their clubs back , certain club members from a ZL1 good at it aswell

Us out WEST
01-05-2018, 04:55 PM
Funny when blokes come on this forum and paint a target on their clubs back , certain club members from a ZL1 good at it aswell

I’m not painting a Target. Nothing like a bit of confidence, just like our brothers in blue. We are back into the easy part of the draw. Bolwarra is our biggest test after seeing them the other week. We are keen to get at them again and think it will be a different result.

Cunning stunts
02-05-2018, 07:57 AM
This weeks fixtures

Maitland FC Vs Medowie - Maitland Ressies Draw First

Dudley Vs West Wallsend - Westy both grades

Maitland Jnr Vs Bolwarra- Bolwarra both grades

riverboy
02-05-2018, 09:07 AM
I’m not painting a Target. Nothing like a bit of confidence, just like our brothers in blue. We are back into the easy part of the draw. Bolwarra is our biggest test after seeing them the other week. We are keen to get at them again and think it will be a different result.

I dont think you can campare yourselves to azzurri at all. What have you won?? Really, seriously your west wallsend juniors. No big name and definitely no reputation. Respect is earned not given. Im pretty sure teams will look at bolwarra as the team to beat. West wallsend look to be just another team, although they do appear to be good across both grades.

Us out WEST
03-05-2018, 06:57 AM
I dont think you can campare yourselves to azzurri at all. What have you won?? Really, seriously your west wallsend juniors. No big name and definitely no reputation. Respect is earned not given. Im pretty sure teams will look at bolwarra as the team to beat. West wallsend look to be just another team, although they do appear to be good across both grades.

The only thing I compared to Azzurri was our confidence. We have won as much as they had at this time last year. The Bolwarra results were 1-0 2nd Grade and 2-0 1st Grade, the goals were 2 set pieces. We play them another 3 times and believe we will turn around those results. Making us the top of the table in both Grades and I’m confident both teams will be there Grand Final day.

anfield
03-05-2018, 09:10 AM
The only thing I compared to Azzurri was our confidence. We have won as much as they had at this time last year. The Bolwarra results were 1-0 2nd Grade and 2-0 1st Grade, the goals were 2 set pieces. We play them another 3 times and believe we will turn around those results. Making us the top of the table in both Grades and I’m confident both teams will be there Grand Final day.

Goals are goals no matter how you deal with it. Bolwarra have always been strong at set pieces. reality is bolwarra are top of the table for a reason.

Cunning stunts
07-05-2018, 09:53 AM
Maitland Fc vs Medowie
Ressies 2-1 Maitland
First 1-0 Maitland

Charman
07-05-2018, 10:24 AM
Dudley v West Wallzurri
res 1-5
1st 0-3
Tough start for the lads this year. Don't write em' off yet. New squad, new coach. It'll all click shortly and they will be a force!

Cunning stunts
08-05-2018, 10:19 AM
Big week coming up for the comp with 3 games in about week for teams. i know Maitland Fc play Saturday, Tuesday & Friday
This weekend
Dudley Vs Maitland jnrs - Maitland Jnrs both grades
Bolwarra Vs Maitland Fc - Bolwarra both grades
Medowie Vs Westy - Westy Both Grades

Cunning stunts
14-05-2018, 09:34 AM
some shock results this weekend. but a quick turn around for some teams. Dudley Getting the win over the Juniors and Maitland Jagging the Win against Bolwarra makes for a Tight comp with Westy moving to the top of the table

Maitland Vs Westy - Draw both grades
Dudley Vs Bolwarra - moved to next week i have heard
Maitland Jnr Vs Medowie - Juniors to bounce back and win both grades

anfield
14-05-2018, 10:19 AM
some shock results this weekend. but a quick turn around for some teams. Dudley Getting the win over the Juniors and Maitland Jagging the Win against Bolwarra makes for a Tight comp with Westy moving to the top of the table

Maitland Vs Westy - Draw both grades
Dudley Vs Bolwarra - moved to next week i have heard
Maitland Jnr Vs Medowie - Juniors to bounce back and win both grades

First grade is a tighter competition then what the table suggests. Dudley deserved their win over the juniors, the scoreline didn't really do justice for their dominance.
Dudley should have had the reserve grade game wrapped up by halftime. But to the juniors credit they took 2 of their only chances. Bolwarra and westy clear in Reserves.

Cunning stunts
14-05-2018, 01:54 PM
Maitland reserve grade winning 1-0 with 10 to go and Bolwarra scored winner with literally last kick of the game

Cunning stunts
15-05-2018, 07:42 AM
Friday night games Maitland vs Dudley has been transferred to Maitland Park

anfield
15-05-2018, 09:04 AM

Are they the grounds outside Maitland no1 sportsground

Cunning stunts
15-05-2018, 10:15 AM
Nope they are over near the Maitland Park,
Park St or
Devonshire St
best place to park

anfield
15-05-2018, 01:52 PM
Nope they are over near the Maitland Park,
Park St or
Devonshire St
best place to park

Ok, thanks. Is that to reduce traffic on cooks square?

Cunning stunts
15-05-2018, 02:19 PM
yeah this week they have
Tuesday ZPL3, Friday ZPL3, Saturday Youth and Sunday NPL and also some council approved hawks Juniors there for a few nights over the 2 weeks

so they have moved Friday night fixture. (Maitland park field still think it be better field then most i have played on this year. besides Cook square of course)

Cunning stunts
16-05-2018, 08:04 AM
Maitland vs Westy

Ressies - Westy scoreline something stupid i think 9-1??

First - Draw 2-2 alot of chances by both side but no one could find the winner. good fight back by Maitland going down 2-0 to get back to 2-2.

Westy have a good attacking style of football across both grades

Cunning stunts
16-05-2018, 09:02 AM
Backing up for the Friday Game against Dudley is going to be a struggle for Maitland. a lot of wounded troops

anfield
18-05-2018, 09:19 AM

A few of our guys have asked.
Does Maitland park have sheds etc
Canteen open? Food , drinks or do we bring an esky?

Cunning stunts
18-05-2018, 10:27 AM
A few of our guys have asked.
Does Maitland park have sheds etc
Canteen open? Food , drinks or do we bring an esky?

yep has Sheds and they will be open, but no Canteen will be open unfortunately so Esky is the best bet. even encouraged

Us out WEST
20-05-2018, 08:05 AM
What’s happening at Medowie? They forfeited Reseves mid week and both Grades yesterday cause of numbers. Not a good sign this early in the season.

anfield
20-05-2018, 08:50 AM
Maitland seniors v Dudley
First grade
4-1 Dudley

Reserves
5-0 Maitland, bizarre game where the Maitland keeper was the busiest player on the field.

onlooker
21-05-2018, 06:27 AM
A draw for westy Res and a lose for westy first. After claims of “heading into the easy part of the draw “and “won’t be dropping many more points”. That’s pretty early to drop 5 points after making bold claims.

Cunning stunts
21-05-2018, 07:50 AM
Maitland seniors v Dudley
First grade
4-1 Dudley

Reserves
5-0 Maitland, bizarre game where the Maitland keeper was the busiest player on the field.

Dudley First Grade were up for it on Friday night too sharp and wanted it more then Maitland.

Reserve grade could have been 6-5 if Dudleys Strike could shoot. every one on one was blasted at the keeper

Hopefully Medowie dont have to forfiet many more games.

BIg results out of the Maitland Jnrs and Westy game

MonkeyKplunk
21-05-2018, 09:50 AM
What’s happening at Medowie? They forfeited Reseves mid week and both Grades yesterday cause of numbers. Not a good sign this early in the season.

Lovedale long lunch?

ranger
21-05-2018, 09:56 AM
Reserve grade forfeit was made at 9:00am Saturday. First grade forfeit at 1:50pm Saturday. Unsure if Lovedale long lunch would be the cause, but if so pretty rough to forfeit with such late notice.

Cunning stunts
21-05-2018, 10:04 AM
Reserve grade forfeit was made at 9:00am Saturday. First grade forfeit at 1:50pm Saturday. Unsure if Lovedale long lunch would be the cause, but if so pretty rough to forfeit with such late notice.

Doesn't a forfeit cost the club money?

ranger
21-05-2018, 10:10 AM
Hopefully, as it cost me a fair bit of money not taking a Saturday overtime shift.

Roundball Enthusiast
21-05-2018, 12:28 PM
Doesn't a forfeit cost the club money?

http://macquariefootball.com.au/wp-content/uploads/sites/13/2016/04/REGULATION-E-2016.pdf

E25 - (G)

In the event of a Team forfeiting a Competition Fixture, the notification of the
forfeit must be received by the Zone Association ZFL Competition
Administrator a minimum of seventy-two (72) hours prior to the scheduled
kick-off time of the Fixture; failure to notify before the deadline will result in a
Fine being imposed on the offending Team Club by the Competition
Administrator (Disciplinary).

So, yeah pretty clear Medowie is going to be hurting financially, not just on the park & ladder.

Cunning stunts
22-05-2018, 09:44 AM
Some Good match ups this weekend.

Medowie Vs Dudley - Dudley in form in first grade and depending on how medowie are traveling with numbers could be a long day out at medowie

Maitland Jnr Vs Maitland Fc - Local derby is always a good match. Maitland Jnrs coming of huge results against Westy & Maitalnd Fc looking to bounce back in first from a disappointing end after a few really good results

Westy Vs Bolwarra - has to be match of the round being top of the table clash in both grades - Westy to try and bounce back as well as Bolwarra with both sides conceding 1-0 lost to the two Maitland clubs the last time they played (taking out the forfeit from Medowie)

Us out WEST
22-05-2018, 08:41 PM
A draw for westy Res and a lose for westy first. After claims of “heading into the easy part of the draw “and “won’t be dropping many more points”. That’s pretty early to drop 5 points after making bold claims.

I didn’t say we won’t drop anymore points. Judge it at the end of the season. We are allowed an off day. Still confident we finish top in Both Grades.

anfield
24-05-2018, 09:40 AM
Dudley v bolwarra
Firsts
Bolwarra 4-0

Reserves
Bolwarra 3-0

Having 5 players dropping out of squad for work and sickness on the day provided extra challenges.

Brown town
24-05-2018, 11:22 AM
I know the feeling we had 4 drop out just before the game and only had 22 players for the night. Hence no subs made in reggies. Super effort from one of our boys playing pretty much 2 full games after the early injury in 1st.

anfield
25-05-2018, 08:17 AM
I know the feeling we had 4 drop out just before the game and only had 22 players for the night. Hence no subs made in reggies. Super effort from one of our boys playing pretty much 2 full games after the early injury in 1st.

Yeah that's a great effort, especially to get a good win. I thought scoreline would be really close but it probably shows the areas and players we need available to challenge you guys. I still think that we will be at our best at the back end of the season.
But for us Bolwarra the benchmark in both grades. Westy are pretty solid too.

anfield
27-05-2018, 09:22 AM
Medowie v Dudley
First grade
Medowie 2-1,
Good game, Dudley pushed real hard for an equaliser but medowie defended well.
Reserves
Dudley 6-0,
Dudley romped home in the end as medowie tired.

Credit to medowie for fielding 2 teams, Their first grade team is a good team that really work hard for each other. Appear to have good team spirit and have some dangerous players.
Medowie reserves appeared to be a patched up team consisting of many all age and over 35 players. They worked hard and had a real crack for 60 minutes until they tired.
Medowie is a good place to go and play soccer, they are a good bunch of guys and I hope they can finish the season in both grades without having to forfeit any more games. I hope that the all age guys at the club (4 teams) can help the club stay in zone league football. As this competition can't afford to loose anymore teams, considering medowie has a competitive first grade team.

Cunning stunts
28-05-2018, 08:03 AM
Maitland Jnr V Maitland Fc

was actually a pretty good day out for football with the derby played in good spirits

2-2 draw in ressies 1-0 for most of the match then it went goal for goal pretty much back to back

first grade 3-2 Maitland Fc getting the points this week

this comp is going to be tight nearly every game you play (specially first grade) if you don't turn up on the day you will get beat as we have seen already in the comp

riverboy
29-05-2018, 09:23 AM
Westy v bolwarra score?

Cunning stunts
29-05-2018, 09:59 AM
Saw something

Ressies 2-1 westy
first 2-0 Bolwarra

i think

riverboy
29-05-2018, 02:59 PM
Saw something

Ressies 2-1 westy
first 2-0 Bolwarra

i think

2 set pieces again, westy really unlucky again?

The Hacker
29-05-2018, 07:50 PM
2 set pieces again, westy really unlucky again?

Gee their unlucky a bit. Or just not as good as they have been talking up

Us out WEST
31-05-2018, 09:34 PM
Gee their unlucky a bit. Or just not as good as they have been talking up

Haters going to hate. No mention of us knocking over The unbeaten Bolwarra Reseve Grade?

Roundball Enthusiast
01-06-2018, 01:43 AM
Haters going to hate. No mention of us knocking over The unbeaten Bolwarra Reseve Grade?

You'll find, the only grade that matters in most Zone comps is first grade.

Only method of promotion is first grade...

Cunning stunts
01-06-2018, 07:45 AM
this weeks games

Maitland Vs Westy
First result can go anyway tip Draw
Ressies i think Westy might be the team to beat this year so Westy the Tip

Dudely Vs Bolwarra
Think Bolwarra will be too strong both grades

Maitland Jnr Vs Medowie
First it all depends on who is available tip Maitland Jnrs
Ressies think Maitland Jnrs will get the points

The Hacker
01-06-2018, 07:57 AM

The haters never made the bold prediction of not dropping any more points earlier in the year. A case of maybe paying the rest of the comp little respect

Cunning stunts
01-06-2018, 10:37 PM
Maitland vs westy

Ressies
7-2 Westy

First
4-2 Maitland

The Hacker
01-06-2018, 11:03 PM
Maitland vs westy

Ressies
7-2 Westy

First
4-2 Maitland

Westy are dropping points now the grinds on. #tougherthanexpected

namwob99
02-06-2018, 09:51 PM

They won a game since this?

DonPablo
03-06-2018, 08:02 PM
Dudley v bolwarra
Firsts
Bolwarra 4-0

Reserves
Bolwarra 3-0

It occurred to me that this result is missing from my Zone Football page on Facebook. If anyone knows the scorers, can you message me here or send the page a message on Facebook? Our super popular golden boot tally depends on having all the goalscorers!!!

anfield
04-06-2018, 07:41 AM
Dudley v bolwarra
Firsts 2-0 bolwarra
Reserves 3-0

Reasonably competitive games, reserve grade closer then the score suggests. Dudley again had 8 players missing, which is basically suicidal against a team that is cruising towards promotion.

anfield
04-06-2018, 07:41 AM
Dudley v bolwarra
Firsts 2-0 bolwarra
Reserves 3-0

Reasonably competitive games, reserve grade closer then the score suggests. Dudley again had 8 players missing, which is basically suicidal against a team that is cruising towards promotion.

That was 3-0 to bolwarra in reserves

riverboy
04-06-2018, 09:36 AM
It occurred to me that this result is missing from my Zone Football page on Facebook. If anyone knows the scorers, can you message me here or send the page a message on Facebook? Our super popular golden boot tally depends on having all the goalscorers!!!

Whats the link to this page again mate?

Cunning stunts
04-06-2018, 09:43 AM
search "zone football maters" on facebook

Cunning stunts
04-06-2018, 10:53 AM
interesting weekends coming up. playing the same team back to back weekends and also the long weekend could put a dint into some teams with players being unavailable.

Medowie Vs Maitland - depending who Medowie can field in there team - Maitland Ressies - Draw first

Bolwarra Vs Maitland Jnr - Bolwarra both grades

Wesr Wallsend Vs Dudley - West Wallsend both grades

Zplbetting
05-06-2018, 11:49 AM
Mid-season review.
It has been a competitive in both grades so far. Lots of results going both ways. Will be an interesting end to the season.

Bolwarra
Sitting onto at the midway point by 9 points the boys in brown will be very happy with themselves but will know the job of gaining promotion is still a long way off knowing they have to play the other top teams 2 or 3 more times and that gap can disappear only a couple of weeks.

Midseason Grade: A

West Wallsend
Started the year very well but have had a few set backs in recent weeks losing to the teams around them as put them 9 points behind the leaders and equal with Maitland Seniors. They will still be backing themselves to finish top but will have to more consistent for the second half of the season and win key matches against the likes of Bolwarra and both Maitland outfits.

Midseason Grade: B-

Maitland Seniors
After a big change in personal from the previous season it has taken time for the squad to gel but have started to settle and look like they could mount a serious challenge for top spot. If they can keep a consistent team together for the second half of the year who knows where they could finish.

Midseason Grade: B

Maitland Joons
They have shown much improvement for their first season and have definitely lived up to the dark horse tag of this competition. Sitting in 4th they might struggle to finish on top of the table after the regular season but you can see them having an impact in the finals series.

Midseason Grade: C

Medowie
Have shown glimpses that they are team to be concerned about on their day but have had some disappointing days this season. The double forfeit would of been a dark day for them. They are in striking distance of the top 4 and could mount a challenge if they can keep numbers on the paddock. Very dangerous on their day.

Midseason Grade: D-

Dudley
Sitting at the bottom of the table is definitely where Dudley wouldn't want to be but in this 6 team comp they will be able to make the top for if they can show the good form they did against Maitland Seniors. They have been close in a lot of game and if they can turn the results around to victories they could be in the 4 before the end of the season.

Midseason Grade: D

Premiers:
Bolwarra: $1.75
Maitland Seniors: $7.50
Westy: $8
Maitland Joons: $15
Medowie: $35
Dudley:$51

Cunning stunts
05-06-2018, 01:14 PM
good solid write up

Cunning stunts
07-06-2018, 02:56 PM
Medowie Vs Maitland FC washed out already

Charman
07-06-2018, 07:15 PM
Be a few teams happy with a "washout" in the long weekend I'd say.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
08-06-2018, 11:04 AM
Be a few teams happy with a "washout" in the long weekend I'd say.

Reality is its inevitable for a lot of fields.
Overworked and minimal grass coverage by now means any extended rain just makes them unplayable mud pits (for this weekend and then the rest of the season).

Brown town
09-06-2018, 08:07 PM
Bolwarra was looking a treat today!!!

Charman
09-06-2018, 11:38 PM
Was looking a treat last year too when it was called off after we arrived.

Brown town
10-06-2018, 11:02 AM
Yeah. That was no good. Wasn't our call that day. But we did pay you guys back pretty kindly.
5-1 reggies
3-1 bolwarra 1st

anfield
12-06-2018, 06:38 AM
Yeah. That was no good. Wasn't our call that day. But we did pay you guys back pretty kindly.
5-1 reggies
3-1 bolwarra 1st

Bolwarra certain to win promotion now?? Best squad in the competition.

Brown town
14-06-2018, 01:10 PM
Not a chance. Having to play each other another 2 times, things can change so quickly.

Cunning stunts
14-06-2018, 01:22 PM
Not a chance. Having to play each other another 2 times, things can change so quickly.

would find it very unlikely that you guys will drop many points compared to the rest of the comp. the gap is most likely to large now for other teams to be consistent enough and you guys to drop that amount of points.

but it is football after all anything can happen

Brown town
15-06-2018, 11:32 AM
would find it very unlikely that you guys will drop many points compared to the rest of the comp. the gap is most likely to large now for other teams to be consistent enough and you guys to drop that amount of points.

but it is football after all anything can happen

In previous years we have been the team to lose to Mayfield, so you never know. Really depends on what happens when you guy play Westy and us against you guys and westy. If you guys and westy have 2 draws that would be handy.

Cunning stunts
15-06-2018, 11:42 AM
In previous years we have been the team to lose to Mayfield, so you never know. Really depends on what happens when you guy play Westy and us against you guys and westy. If you guys and westy have 2 draws that would be handy.

we have played Westy 3 times now
with 1 lost 1 draw and 1 win.

i issue is keeping our strongest 11 on the park and available every week. when we do have them we can beat anyone in this comp on the day, but that is like nearly every team on there day everyone could nearly beat everyone

anfield
15-06-2018, 12:44 PM

I think bolwarra are there. As they may loose some games but realistically what other team will win say 7-9 games? Bolwarra wins 5 of 9 and they are home. There is no Paul Keating in the house, the unlosabe election. Or in this case the unlosable promotion.

Cunning stunts
18-06-2018, 09:16 AM
Medowie Vs Maitland

Ressies 6-4 Medowie
First 3-3

not a bad effort for both clubs that looked to both struggle with numbers and multiple players playing both games for both clubs

anfield
19-06-2018, 10:09 AM
West wallsend v Dudley
Firsts 1-1, really good game of football.
Reserves
West wallsend 2-1
Good battle, Dudley led 1-0 at half time. Westy scored 2 quick goals after the break to secure the win.

Brown town
19-06-2018, 01:22 PM
Medowie Vs Maitland

Ressies 6-4 Medowie
First 3-3

not a bad effort for both clubs that looked to both struggle with numbers and multiple players playing both games for both clubs

Were goalkeepers optional in your games on the weekend?

The Hacker
19-06-2018, 02:46 PM

😂😂😂😂

Cunning stunts
20-06-2018, 07:54 AM

two goal keepers actually played on the field for ressies

Brown town
20-06-2018, 01:30 PM
two goal keepers actually played on the field for ressies

What are the chances of getting on Friday night?
Or is there a chance of being moved to Maitland Park?

Cunning stunts
20-06-2018, 04:31 PM
What are the chances of getting on Friday night?
Or is there a chance of being moved to Maitland Park?

i think if there is any chance of us playing it will be at Maitland Park

Cunning stunts
26-06-2018, 09:12 AM
Poor Medowie. for a team that is already struggling for numbers having to play 3 wash out fixtures already.

So far they have
Maitland Juniors 27/6/
Bolwarra 30/6/ (Normal Fixture)
Maitland Fc 3/7
Dudley 7/7 (Normal Fixture)
and also a Westy catch up game to make up also

anfield
28-06-2018, 09:21 AM
Poor Medowie. for a team that is already struggling for numbers having to play 3 wash out fixtures already.

So far they have
Maitland Juniors 27/6/
Bolwarra 30/6/ (Normal Fixture)
Maitland Fc 3/7
Dudley 7/7 (Normal Fixture)
and also a Westy catch up game to make up also

I was suprised that west wallsend was off on sunday. Ground must have poor drainage? Soonee or later games must be played or there will be a mass backlog.

Cunning stunts
28-06-2018, 09:42 AM
I was suprised that west wallsend was off on sunday. Ground must have poor drainage? Soonee or later games must be played or there will be a mass backlog.

how is Dudley looking for Saturday?
bit of rain this afternoon and possible tonight. remembered the ground wasn't in great nick first game we played there at the start of the season.

anfield
28-06-2018, 10:27 PM
how is Dudley looking for Saturday?
bit of rain this afternoon and possible tonight. remembered the ground wasn't in great nick first game we played there at the start of the season.

Should be fine. Not sure what field we will be on, sometimes we only find out when we turn up to ground.Front ground is much better then the ground out the back that you played on. Our committee are reluctant to call any game off unless the ground is unfit for play.

anfield
30-06-2018, 08:27 PM
Dudley v Maitland seniors
Firsts 7-0, no excuses. Very bad day for Dudley.
Reserves 3-3

anfield
30-06-2018, 08:28 PM
Reserves 3-3

That was 7-0 to Maitland

Cunning stunts
02-07-2018, 07:43 AM
Reserves 3-3

Maitland Just took there chances early. was always going to be a big task to fight back from there

anfield
03-07-2018, 03:24 PM
Maitland Just took there chances early. was always going to be a big task to fight back from there

You guys were in pretty good form on Saturday. Surely that's your strongest line-up? , that sort of form will trouble bolwarra I would think. Was it an ACL that your reserve grade player did?

Cunning stunts
03-07-2018, 03:41 PM
You guys were in pretty good form on Saturday. Surely that's your strongest line-up? , that sort of form will trouble bolwarra I would think. Was it an ACL that your reserve grade player did?

it was close still had 3-4 blokes out that would be considered first graders.

the hospital thinks no major ligament damage but meniscus torn. going to see physio to go from there

Cunning stunts
04-07-2018, 08:03 AM
MEdowie Vs Maitland FC

Ressies 1-1
First 2-1 Maitland

Medowie are a strange squad. 1 week they can be really competitive the next obviously low on troops and struggle

full strength they can compete well with teams

MonkeyKplunk
04-07-2018, 08:05 AM
Been like that for a few season now.
It's a shame the club can't keep a consistent 1sts lineup year-to-year so they have the chance to grow their older youth

anfield
05-07-2018, 10:58 AM
MEdowie Vs Maitland FC

Ressies 1-1
First 2-1 Maitland

Medowie are a strange squad. 1 week they can be really competitive the next obviously low on troops and struggle

full strength they can compete well with teams

Medowie have a really strong core of first grade players. They put in and compete effort wise as good as most teams in zl3. Probably a team that would compete really well if they make the finals, as I think over two legs they could really frustrate team's as they are well organised in defence.

Cunning stunts
06-07-2018, 08:41 AM
some good matches this weekend

Maitland Fc vs Maitland Juniors (local derby always makes for a interesting match)

Bolwarra vs Westy (near top of the table clash fro both grades)

Dudley Vs Medowie ( Dudley really need a win to try and stay in touch with the top 4)

Cunning stunts
06-07-2018, 08:42 AM
predictions

Maitland FC 3-1 first. Draw 3-3 ressies

Bolwarra 4-1 first. westy 1-0 ressies

Dudley 2-1 first. Dudley 4-2 ressies

anfield
06-07-2018, 01:11 PM
some good matches this weekend

Maitland Fc vs Maitland Juniors (local derby always makes for a interesting match)

Bolwarra vs Westy (near top of the table clash fro both grades)

Dudley Vs Medowie ( Dudley really need a win to try and stay in touch with the top 4)

You tipped Dudley this week even after you guys pumped us last week? In all serious, Our first grade squad looks as strong as it has all year with nearly all available.Been a tough battle given a small squad and lots of absentees every week. Should be a good game, as the other two should be

Cunning stunts
06-07-2018, 01:29 PM
You tipped Dudley this week even after you guys pumped us last week? In all serious, Our first grade squad looks as strong as it has all year with nearly all available.Been a tough battle given a small squad and lots of absentees every week. Should be a good game, as the other two should be

Tipped purely from Medowie had a few key players struggle near the end of our mid week fixture.

we literally talked Pre game how you guys (Dudley) haven't really been beaten by a big score considering you were on the bottom

anfield
06-07-2018, 04:04 PM
Tipped purely from Medowie had a few key players struggle near the end of our mid week fixture.

we literally talked Pre game how you guys (Dudley) haven't really been beaten by a big score considering you were on the bottom

Well we have now....
It's been difficult year numbers wise. To compete in this competition we need to be near full strength. This year's competition has been really competitive. Bolwarra all but promoted, but they wont have it all there own way come the finals. I expect some serious competition from whoever makes the finals

anfield
08-07-2018, 10:46 AM
Dudley v bolwarra
Firsts
Dudley 2-1

Reserves
Medowie 5-2

Cunning stunts
09-07-2018, 08:06 AM
predictions

Maitland FC 3-1 first. Draw 3-3 ressies

Bolwarra 4-1 first. westy 1-0 ressies

Dudley 2-1 first. Dudley 4-2 ressies

i picked the correct score in the Maitland and Dudley first grade game

Cunning stunts
09-07-2018, 08:07 AM
Mailtand Fc vs Maitland Junior

First 3-1 Maitland FC

Ressies 4-0 Maitland FC

Charman
09-07-2018, 12:11 PM
dudley v bolwarra
firsts
dudley 2-1

reserves
medowie 5-2

1st grade played bolwarra and res played medowie?

anfield
09-07-2018, 12:40 PM
Dudley v bolwarra
Firsts
Dudley 2-1

Reserves
Medowie 5-2

Correction. Both grades played medowie. Good result for first grade. reserves, the less said the better.

Cunning stunts
12-07-2018, 09:56 AM
Tips for the weekend?

Bolwarra Vs Dudley - First Bolwarra 4-1 Ressies Bolwarra 5-2
Medowie Vs Maitland Jnr - First Draw 2-2 Ressies Maitland Junior 4-2
Westy Vs Maitland Fc - FIrst 1-1 Ressies Westy 4-1

anfield
14-07-2018, 05:15 PM
Bolwarra v Dudley
Firsts Dudley 2-1
Reserves Dudley 1-0
And no , that isn't a typo

Charman
14-07-2018, 05:31 PM
The Dudley boys are happy! Well played gents.

The Hacker
14-07-2018, 05:45 PM
The Dudley boys are happy! Well played gents.

The Thistles with the upset of the year

Brown town
14-07-2018, 07:33 PM
Bolwarra v Dudley
Firsts Dudley 2-1
Reserves Dudley 1-0
And no , that isn't a typo

Well deserved. Wasn't our day. Well done Dudley. Massive game for the gers Wednesday night now!!!!

anfield
15-07-2018, 10:28 AM
Well deserved. Wasn't our day. Well done Dudley. Massive game for the gers Wednesday night now!!!!

Big 2 games on Wednesday night. Maitland fc v bolwarra and Dudley v west wallsend.

Cunning stunts
16-07-2018, 07:58 AM
Westy Vs Maitland

Ressies
2-1 Maitland - Huge result considering Maitland has leaked roughly 24 goals in 3 games against Westy

First
2-0 Maitland

anfield
17-07-2018, 09:38 AM
Westy Vs Maitland

Ressies
2-1 Maitland - Huge result considering Maitland has leaked roughly 24 goals in 3 games against Westy

First
2-0 Maitland

Every team in each grade still has a decent opportunity to make the finals in each grade. Even medowie in reserves are still in with a chance after back to back wins.

Cunning stunts
17-07-2018, 09:50 AM
Every team in each grade still has a decent opportunity to make the finals in each grade. Even medowie in reserves are still in with a chance after back to back wins.

This comp is wide open that's for sure.

still think Bolwarra are the team to beat in both grades and favourites to take the premiership and promotion.

Good to see Cook Square Park has hosting rights of the Grand Final again on Saturday 8th of September. Only issue it looks to be the same day as the NPL Grand finals

anfield
17-07-2018, 12:53 PM

still think Bolwarra are the team to beat in both grades and favourites to take the premiership and promotion.

Good to see Cook Square Park has hosting rights of the Grand Final again on Saturday 8th of September. Only issue it looks to be the same day as the NPL Grand finals
Bolwarra definitely the favourites in both grades, they have the most depth. They were missing their tall centre back on weekend, he is a big out for them.

anfield
17-07-2018, 12:55 PM

Good advantage for Maitland fc if they make the gf

Cunning stunts
19-07-2018, 07:59 AM
First grade Catch up
Maitland Fc v Bolwarra
3-1 win to Bolwarra.
Bolwarra where better on the night and took there few chances. Looks to be on track now to get the promotion.

anfield
19-07-2018, 12:15 PM
Catch up game,
West wallsend v Dudley
Firsts 1-0 westy, not much in game. Westy scored late scrappy goal.
Reserves
Westy 4-1
1-1 at half time. Westy come home too strong

Cunning stunts
19-07-2018, 03:26 PM
Games This weekend

Maitland FC v Medowie - Draw first - Maitland ressies
Dudley Vs Westy - Westy both grades
Bolwarra Vs Maitland Jnr - bolwarra both grades

anfield
22-07-2018, 11:32 AM
Dudley v West Edgeworth
Firsts 1-1
Reserves 3-0 westy

anfield
22-07-2018, 11:33 AM
Dudley v West Edgeworth
Firsts 1-1
Reserves 3-0 westy

Sorry, that was meant to be West Wallsend

Cunning stunts
23-07-2018, 08:33 AM
Maitland FC Vs Medowie
First 1-4 Medowie where just too good on the night
Ressies 2-1 Maitland

Cunning stunts
23-07-2018, 08:37 AM
Congrats to Bolwarra for securing the Title and promotion

anfield
29-07-2018, 06:09 PM
Dudley v Maitland juniors
Firsts 5-4 Maitland, jose mourinho wouldn't have been happy with this games defence.
Reserves
Dudley 1-0, Dudley should have won by many more

Cunning stunts
31-07-2018, 08:17 AM
Bolwarra V Maitland FC

Huge Effort by Maitland with only 18 players for the day and 2 guys starting first that have not started all year (tough ask against the minor premiers) with 1 playing two full games

First 3 - 0 - 0-0 at half time then Bolwarra showed there class and ran over the top of Maitland
Ressies 1-1

Drogdog
31-07-2018, 12:24 PM
Any word on how severe the injury to your bloke was in ressies?

Cunning stunts
31-07-2018, 12:36 PM
Any word on how severe the injury to your bloke was in ressies?

No Diagnoses from what i heard but season is over for him

Cunning stunts
01-08-2018, 08:45 AM
Any results from Medowie and Westy Last night?

Cunning stunts
02-08-2018, 09:56 AM
Couple of important games this weekend to maybe decide the order of the top 4 and who plays who in the semis. Medowie seem to be the inform team. it looks like in reserve grade the minor premiership could come down to the last game of the season.

Maitland Fc vs Dudley - Maitland 1-0 first, Ressies 2-2

Bolwarra Vs Medowie - Draw First, Bolwarra 4-1 ressies

Westy Vs Maitland Jnr - Draw First, Westy Ressies 3-1

anfield
02-08-2018, 04:10 PM
Couple of important games this weekend to maybe decide the order of the top 4 and who plays who in the semis. Medowie seem to be the inform team. it looks like in reserve grade the minor premiership could come down to the last game of the season.

Maitland Fc vs Dudley - Maitland 1-0 first, Ressies 2-2

Bolwarra Vs Medowie - Draw First, Bolwarra 4-1 ressies

Westy Vs Maitland Jnr - Draw First, Westy Ressies 3-1

Bolwarra v medowie is the game of the round for sure. Medowie certainly finishing season strong.
Unfortunately for us at Dudley we are out of the contention for a top 4 spot. In saying that we will look to finish the season strong, possibly avoiding the spoon. Our first grade team for tomorrow on paper is looking as strong as it has all year in my opinion. Its only taken 19 rounds to field this type of team.
Reserves are still in the hunt and hopefully can kick on after last weeks good performance.

Brown town
03-08-2018, 11:37 AM
Are you guys still filling numbers with all age players or have you final got numbers?

anfield
03-08-2018, 01:48 PM
Are you guys still filling numbers with all age players or have you final got numbers?

We have borrowed all age players in pretty much every game this year. I reckon reserve grade has borrowed around 20-25 players troughout the year from all age, over 35's and under 18's. We ended up multi registering 5 players, 3 will play tonight. Its got us through this year, but we plan to overhaul our zone league setup next season. We have 4 all age sides and 2 under 18's teams, we hope that some of them will filter up next year.

anfield
04-08-2018, 08:35 PM
Maitland fc v Dudley
Firsts 4-1 Maitland
Was 2-1 until about 10 to go and Maitland came home strong to score 2 goals to make sure of the victory. I felt Dudley really dominated the majority of the second half and should have found an equaliser. Credit to Maitland, they have some good players who will make you pay for your mistakes.
Reserves
Dudley 3-0
Another good performance from Dudley, Are getting better as the season progresses.

Cunning stunts
06-08-2018, 10:59 AM
Looks like the Top 4 has been wrapped up for both grades no.
First
will be
Bolwarra Vs Medowie
Maitland Vs Westy (either team can finish 2nd or 3rd depending on the final round)

Ressies
the top for as it stands is
Bolwarra
westy
maitland Fc
Dudley

this can change everyone and will be a good final round in reserve grade

Cunning stunts
14-08-2018, 08:22 AM
Games this weekend

Medowie Vs Dudley - First Grade does not effect the table in any way, Dudley playing for pride after collecting the spoon Medowie 4-1. Ressies Dudley need a win to guarantee there semis, medowie just playing for pride after collecting the spoon.

Maitland Jnr VS Maitland FC - First Grade Maitland Fc can still finish 3rd or 2nd but i dont know how much that actually maters 2-2. ressies Maitland Jnrs still fighting for semi final spot depending on the Saturday game and Maitland FC fighting for 3rd

Westy Vs Bolwarra - First has only westy in the same boat as Maitland FC. could this be a GF preview?. Ressies all on the line here with minor premiership coming down to the last game. could this also be the GF preview?

anfield
18-08-2018, 07:14 PM
Medowie v Dudley
Firsts 4-2 medowie
Reserves 4-3 dudley, 78th minute winner.
Big effort from both teams with a few players on each team playing in two games

Cunning stunts
20-08-2018, 11:02 AM
Congrats to Bolwarra getting the reserve grade minors as well.

semi final weekend
first
Medowie Vs Bolwarra - Bolwarra 4-2
Westy Vs Maitland - 1-1

Ressies
Maitland Vs Bolwarra - 3-1 Bolwarra
Dudley Vs Westy - 4-1 Westy

Charman
24-08-2018, 07:22 PM
Not a lot of chat leading into semis, you blokes should be pumped to be playing finals football.
Predictions
Ressies
Maitland FC vs Bolwarra 1-2
Dudley vs Westy 2-2

1st
Medowie vs Bolwarra 1-2
Westy vs Maitland FC 2-1

Good luck to all on what should be a tough weekend of football.

Charman
25-08-2018, 08:07 PM
Results today? Who's in the box seat?

anfield
27-08-2018, 10:04 AM
West wallsend v Maitland
Firsts 2-1 Maitland

Reserves
Dudley v west wallsend
Dudley 1-0

Both games open for all teams.

Cunning stunts
27-08-2018, 01:09 PM
was a good weekend of football with all grades and games still in for a fighting chance this weekend

anfield
02-09-2018, 09:46 AM
Congratulations to west wallsend and Maitland for making grand finals in reserves and firsts respectively yesterday.
West wallsend too good for us, we were very poor and didn't adjust to the windy conditions at all. But no excuses, apart from our win last week west wallsend were way too good for us in reserves this year.

I thought if westy played a shorter quicker game they could have had more success against Maitland in firsts. In saying that the chances they missed in the first half came back to haunt them. Maitland through to gf

Cunning stunts
03-09-2018, 09:59 AM
Grand Final Week

Surely Bolwarra are favorites to take out both grades and do a double double

Reserve 3-1 Bolwarra
First 3-1 Bolwarra

anfield
03-09-2018, 02:07 PM
Grand Final Week

Surely Bolwarra are favorites to take out both grades and do a double double

Reserve 3-1 Bolwarra
First 3-1 Bolwarra

Agree in firsts, bolwarra possibly 2-0 or 2-1.
Reserves west wallsend my tip maybe 2-1

Charman
08-09-2018, 11:03 PM
Bolwarra minor/major prems in 1st. Congratulations and good luck in L2. Easily the standout team this year. Hopefully we see you again in 2020!

anfield
10-09-2018, 10:41 PM
Agree in firsts, bolwarra possibly 2-0 or 2-1.
Reserves west wallsend my tip maybe 2-1

Was correct with my winner predictions. Bolwarra clearly the best team this year, yeah true other teams could match them on their day. But bolwarra were consistent, no other team can say that.

West wallsend had the attacking weapons that could break the bolwarra defence in reserves. I thought they were specials to win the gf and it ended up that way.

Football finished for 2018, bring on next year. Im hearing 3-4 new clubs interested. Possibly shortland, greta branxton, tilligerry and south cardiff juniors whose name has popped up the last few years.

onlooker
11-09-2018, 06:36 AM
Football finished for 2018, bring on next year. Im hearing 3-4 new clubs interested. Possibly shortland, greta branxton, tilligerry and south cardiff juniors whose name has popped up the last few years.

Good I’m looking for a new club did try and get things happening at an old club that didn’t work. Might have to keep an eye on the development at branxton.

ranger
11-09-2018, 08:28 AM
Good I’m looking for a new club did try and get things happening at an old club that didn’t work. Might have to keep an eye on the development at branxton.

Onlooker, not sure where you live but I assume around maitland, I think lochinvar are interested in zone league as well, may be a closer option for you

Wandering
11-09-2018, 08:36 AM

We will be putting in an application from Minmi aswell

Charman
11-09-2018, 08:37 AM
So we could have a 10 team comp in 2019? That's really promising for the leagues future.

evolution
11-09-2018, 10:04 AM
I think lochinvar are interested in zone league as well, may be a closer option for you

Would hope they spend a few dollars upgrading their grounds if they do. Club has a great set-up and from what I've heard are doing a lot of good things but f*ck me that field is like playing on concrete.

ranger
11-09-2018, 10:19 AM
Would hope they spend a few dollars upgrading their grounds if they do. Club has a great set-up and from what I've heard are doing a lot of good things but f*ck me that field is like playing on concrete.

Entry condition to ZL3, concrete grounds are a prerequisite, or they were this year!

Wandering
11-09-2018, 10:51 AM
Entry condition to ZL3, concrete grounds are a prerequisite, or they were this year!

We don’t usually have concrete, but we do run on a slight slope side to side :thumbsup:

onlooker
11-09-2018, 11:25 AM
Onlooker, not sure where you live but I assume around maitland, I think lochinvar are interested in zone league as well, may be a closer option for you

Yeah I do live around the maitland area, travel don’t worry me too much spent 2 years at the Terrace which may not seem far but when you spend the majority of your football time living 5 mins away from the ground it felt like driving to Sydney for training 😂.
I did hear about Lochinvar but seems like there will be plenty of options which is great. Might have to have a look at them all and see who has the softest grass to dive on!

anfield
11-09-2018, 12:39 PM
So we could have a 10 team comp in 2019? That's really promising for the leagues future.

The competition needs to grow to at least 8 club's. The competition is getting much more competitive and is a much more attractive alternate then all age football. It appears more referees have made the switch to zone league football.
It would be great if we could get the zone league competition up to 40 clubs that are sustainable, year in and out.

anfield
11-09-2018, 12:44 PM
We will be putting in an application from Minmi aswell

Minmi? Tell us about the application? A couple of all age teams merged? Im guessing there is a ground at minmi?

Next year will be Dudley's 6th year in the competition. In all we are regretting not making the move earlier. Certainly better football then all age.

Wandering
11-09-2018, 01:49 PM
Minmi? Tell us about the application? A couple of all age teams merged? Im guessing there is a ground at minmi?

We play A grade all age this year, local guys that dropped back from zone leagues mostly to get the team started. The field is Minmi oval, nothing spectacular but grass stays green all year and no cricket pitch on the field which is good.

We played against a very strong Dudley side this year it would be good to get any of those guys as fill ins if short on numbers for a week

anfield
11-09-2018, 02:23 PM
We play A grade all age this year, local guys that dropped back from zone leagues mostly to get the team started. The field is Minmi oval, nothing spectacular but grass stays green all year and no cricket pitch on the field which is good.

We played against a very strong Dudley side this year it would be good to get any of those guys as fill ins if short on numbers for a week

You guys will be contenders in zone league 3 for sure. If you look at the teams that have come from all age A over the last few year, they have all performed well. Argenton were extreamly dominant in all age A and were extremely successful in league 2 and 3. From what Im aware, Bolwarra joined with an All Age A and B teams. They have made the finals in all 3 years they have been in. I guess it should be the progression from all age A to zone League 3.

As far as the Dudley all age A team goes. Yes, it is a very good team. Alot of ZPL and new fm experience in that team. But they aren't associated with us, they are with the Dudley senior club which operates the ZPL team. We are based out of Redhead

The Hacker
11-09-2018, 02:26 PM
You guys will be contenders in zone league 3 for sure. If you look at the teams that have come from all age A over the last few year, they have all performed well. Argenton were extreamly dominant in all age A and were extremely successful in league 2 and 3. From what Im aware, Bolwarra joined with an All Age A and B teams. They have made the finals in all 3 years they have been in. I guess it should be the progression from all age A to zone League 3.

As far as the Dudley all age A team goes. Yes, it is a very good team. Alot of ZPL and new fm experience in that team. But they aren't associated with us, they are with the Dudley senior club which operates the ZPL team. We are based out of Redhead

Why don't the Dudley clubs join forces

onlooker
11-09-2018, 02:34 PM
The field is Minmi oval, nothing spectacular but grass stays green all year and no cricket pitch on the field which is good.

And a pub a stones throw away I believe. This ground could potentially be the greatest in Zone League football

Wandering
11-09-2018, 03:20 PM
And a pub a stones throw away I believe. This ground could potentially be the greatest in Zone League football

700 metres to the pub with a bottle shop in between, can’t ask for much more

anfield
11-09-2018, 04:00 PM
Why don't the Dudley clubs join forces

It would be one strong club, probably both have different interests. The senior club is well placed to go back to new fm league if they applied.

Premy
11-09-2018, 05:42 PM
If I have missed anyone please correct me but with the mention of new clubs could we get a potential list of clubs across ZL2 & ZL3.

2019 could look like
ZL2
Morisset
Simba
Kahibah
Mereweather
Nelson Bay
Charlestown
Olympic
Bolwarra
Matiland Snrs
Westy

ZL3
Matiland Jnrs
Medowie
Redhead
Minmi
Lochinvar
Greta
Shorthand
Tilligerry
Southy

Edit: Maybe even a return of Muswellbrook

Edit: Lets see how much this might change from now until April.
ZPL:
Suns
Kotora
Mayfield
Dudley
Swansea
Cardiff
Warnersbay
Barnsley
Bero
Raymond Terrace

ZL1
Jesmond
Cooks Hill
Stockton
Azzurri
Garden Suburb
Westlakes
Uni
Wallsend
Maryland
New Lambton

onlooker
12-09-2018, 06:36 AM
700 metres to the pub with a bottle shop in between, can’t ask for much more
Well that’s it I’m sold

onlooker
12-09-2018, 06:43 AM
If I have missed anyone please correct me but with the mention of new clubs could we get a potential list of clubs across ZL2 & ZL3.

2019 could look like
ZL2
Morisset
Simba
Kahibah
Mereweather
Nelson Bay
Charlestown
Olympic
Bolwarra
Matiland Snrs
Westy

ZL3
Matiland Jnrs
Medowie
Redhead
Minmi
Lochinvar
Greta
Shorthand
Tilligerry
Southy

Edit: Maybe even a return of Muswellbrook

Edit: Lets see how much this might change from now until April.
ZPL:
Suns
Kotora
Mayfield
Dudley
Swansea
Cardiff
Warnersbay
Barnsley
Bero
Raymond Terrace

ZL1
Jesmond
Cooks Hill
Stockton
Azzurri
Garden Suburb
Westlakes
Uni
Wallsend
Maryland
New Lambton
How good would this be if all teams listed played, and stayed consistent. 39/40 teams over 4 comps. And make ZPL the pinnacle which it is for majority of the teams competing in this comp.

anfield
12-09-2018, 09:26 AM
How good would this be if all teams listed played, and stayed consistent. 39/40 teams over 4 comps. And make ZPL the pinnacle which it is for majority of the teams competing in this comp.

Totally agree, the zone league competition needs some stability. It would be great if all clubs that joined had a plan to compete in the competition for at least 3 years. Over the last few years too many clubs have come and gone. It would be great if the zone league had 40 teams each year.

In this case its important that we encourage more player's to play zone league football rather then all age. The zone league needs more committed clubs where players keeping coming back each year despite season's results.

onlooker
12-09-2018, 09:45 AM
Totally agree, the zone league competition needs some stability. It would be great if all clubs that joined had a plan to compete in the competition for at least 3 years. Over the last few years too many clubs have come and gone. It would be great if the zone league had 40 teams each year.

In this case its important that we encourage more player's to play zone league football rather then all age. The zone league needs more committed clubs where players keeping coming back each year despite season's results.
There needs to be more time incentives from the powers that be, to encourage clubs with high number of all age teams to make the jump. Then that will help the clubs encourage the players to do so.

Being a coach of a team at a club with no Zone League team is frustrating. Kids with talent who want to stay at the club because that’s the only club they have played at are forced to settle for all age. And it’s hard to leave a club you have grown up playing at.

anfield
12-09-2018, 01:36 PM
There needs to be more time incentives from the powers that be, to encourage clubs with high number of all age teams to make the jump. Then that will help the clubs encourage the players to do so.

Being a coach of a team at a club with no Zone League team is frustrating. Kids with talent who want to stay at the club because thatÂ’s the only club they have played at are forced to settle for all age. And itÂ’s hard to leave a club you have grown up playing at.

I think there is some incentives to play zone league. For starters, we played 20 regular season games this year, all age play far less.
Every zone league game was covered with at least 2 officials this year, all age football is struggling with officials. Zone League football is alot more organised then all age football as well.