PDA

View Full Version : 2018 All Age/Over 35s/pub league thread

boz-monaut
01-01-2018, 12:23 PM
2018 discussion starts here

Jarrad
30-01-2018, 11:36 PM
Looking for a keeper to join our Saturday All Age team this year.

- Mid range grade with a great culture and good bunch of blokes.
- Sponsored by the local Club.
- After someone who has experience as a goalkeeper, and is up for a beer after the game.
- No set training schedule, just a social Saturday Kick.

If you’re interested, contact Jarrad

jarradroberts@hotmail.com

Travis
04-02-2018, 02:48 PM
Looking to join a team. Newish to Newcastle been a year or so since I played last. Interested in a social kick if anyone needs a player.
Contact me by email
trav-mcdonagh@live.com.au
Cheers

boz-monaut
04-02-2018, 02:59 PM
anyone wanting trial games hit me up

upper grades in All Age B-F or over 35s D-F (Friday)

we host, split refs fees

The roosta
04-02-2018, 05:20 PM
Hey Boz,
We would be keen for a trial what’s the best way to get in touch to organise.
Cheers.

boz-monaut
04-02-2018, 05:50 PM
send me a private message on this godforsaken internet message board

MonkeyKplunk
19-02-2018, 09:41 PM
Muswellbrook FC are looking for trial games against A/A C, D, etc teams for March/April.
March 17th - Can host
April 7, 14 & 21 - Away only

Contact me here, or on our FB page

Mat22s
23-02-2018, 06:52 PM
Moved to Newcastle last year and looking for a All age men’s soccer team to join. Live in Waratah.
Email
matthew_plummer@hotmail.com

The roosta
01-03-2018, 10:13 AM
Kurri jsc are looking for trial games against A/A - A, B, C grades can organise mid week or weekends can also host send me a pm if interested.
Cheers.

Jarrad
07-03-2018, 01:19 PM
Looking for an experienced and reliable striker and centre midfielder to join our all age team.

Must have played either of these positions before and looking to play in a social comp.

Mid grade Saturday All Age

Team of Mid 20's - 30 year olds

Email me at jarradroberts@hotmail.com

Cunning stunts
08-03-2018, 08:17 AM
We have a few spots still in our squad if anyone is looking to play this year. also a goal keeper wanted PM for more details if any interest

The roosta
13-03-2018, 12:42 PM
Kurri A/A B grade are still chasing a few trials We can also host the game if anyone is interested send me a pm.

boz-monaut
19-03-2018, 09:36 PM
the draw is out

go annoy your club officials, then complain to them about something they have no control over

sammydog
19-03-2018, 10:34 PM
the draw is out

go annoy your club officials, then complain to them about something they have no control over

The draw or the gradings?

We’ve been thrown back into O35 A grade, could be a long season.

boz-monaut
20-03-2018, 08:17 AM
sorry, the gradings, not draw - my mistake

MonkeyKplunk
20-03-2018, 12:20 PM
the draw is out

Haha.

Told our Womens team they were put up to B grade. They replied with the F word. lol

Guido
20-03-2018, 03:21 PM
Hi all, looking for a Keeper in our Valentine O35 C Grade team this year. If anyone is keen, please email me at gkmagri@optusnet.com.au

Cheers

Charman
20-03-2018, 04:27 PM

That's because you keep dominating lower divisions.

sammydog
20-03-2018, 05:23 PM
That's because you keep dominating lower divisions.

We knew we were going back to A-grade, no issues from us with it, but we wont be dominating this season, I can see a continuation of our 2017 finals form. When we dropped last year, I still thought we would snuggle given we lost our midfield. In the end we didn't until the finals came along.

Few new signings this year, but a few big loses in the squad as well. Age and injuries suck.

Time will tell how we go, I'm actually excited about the season even though we will struggle. I'd rather struggle in A than clean up in B.

At least Saturday has an A-grade, not like Friday night where no one wanted A-grade so the associations skipped it.

What I do wish though was that the 6 team comps were scrapped in the higher divisions. Push teams forward and if there has to be a 6 team comp, put in the bottom division.

hawk
20-03-2018, 07:15 PM
We knew we were going back to A-grade, no issues from us with it, but we wont be dominating this season, I can see a continuation of our 2017 finals form. When we dropped last year, I still thought we would snuggle given we lost our midfield. In the end we didn't until the finals came along.

Few new signings this year, but a few big loses in the squad as well. Age and injuries suck.

Time will tell how we go, I'm actually excited about the season even though we will struggle. I'd rather struggle in A than clean up in B.

At least Saturday has an A-grade, not like Friday night where no one wanted A-grade so the associations skipped it.

What I do wish though was that the 6 team comps were scrapped in the higher divisions. Push teams forward and if there has to be a 6 team comp, put in the bottom division.

We'll the problem is obvious. Get ya hands off each other and spread out for starters

It is a task in A's when you dont have solid players in all positions plus a bit of depth

sammydog
20-03-2018, 07:59 PM
We'll the problem is obvious. Get ya hands off each other and spread out for starters

It is a task in A's when you dont have solid players in all positions plus a bit of depth

Well there is the typo of the century. Not even going to bother going back to fix that one.

Age starts too take its toll in A's as well. Fitness/Speed count for a lot as you get old/fat/bald.

I'll be tipping the saturday A's to be dominated by Edgeworth. Solid team all over the park, id have loved to see them play the old West Wallsend team on a Friday night.

From there down will depend on who recruited well (or retained players) over the offseason.

Goatscheese
21-03-2018, 08:46 PM

This never makes sense it is the top grade, just call it A-Grade no need to call it B-Grade it is still the same teams you are playing against.

I saw some of the junior leagues they have A Grade but skip B grade, which makes even less sense.

Charman
22-03-2018, 10:11 AM

Where does one find the gradings?

MonkeyKplunk
22-03-2018, 11:16 AM
Where does one find the gradings?

They were sent to club reps.
I can post screen shots of them if people like, but the actual file is a largeish excel sheet and formatted weird so hard to upload the original

MonkeyKplunk
22-03-2018, 12:30 PM

MonkeyKplunk
22-03-2018, 12:31 PM

namwob99
22-03-2018, 01:45 PM
Love your work MK!

hawk
22-03-2018, 07:34 PM
9 AA fri nite grades?? wow that has grown.
AA Sat used to go to T grade

As for O35 starting at B's. Really? should be way easier than A's fgs:wacko:

kutgw MK

anfield
23-03-2018, 06:51 AM
Dudley zone League 3 First and Reserve grade looking for trials before easter (Saturday-Thursday night) . Obviously grounds a problem with wet weather and cricket at the moment. We have no ground available. Looking to play all age teams and can send either first or reserve grade teams. Send us a private msg if interested

Charman
23-03-2018, 09:51 AM
Thanks MonkeyKplunk. Can anyone tell me, with any logic, why they have no A grade and start at B. It's still the same tier, div 1 to div 9. Makes no sense at all. What am I missing?
Also, how do you go up 2 grades to effectively div 2 from div 4 (there is no use talking letters for grading, they mean shit) when you finish 3rd last year?

sammydog
23-03-2018, 12:34 PM
Thanks MonkeyKplunk. Can anyone tell me, with any logic, why they have no A grade and start at B. It's still the same tier, div 1 to div 9. Makes no sense at all. What am I missing?
Also, how do you go up 2 grades to effectively div 2 from div 4 (there is no use talking letters for grading, they mean shit) when you finish 3rd last year?

Teams complain less when put in B grade even when there is no A grade. So now when people ask for B grade and no one applies for A grade, no one gets A grade.

If you came third and went up 2 grades, you've obviously been too honest in your grading requests.

Goatscheese
31-03-2018, 08:58 PM
As for O35 starting at B's. Really? should be way easier than A's fgs:wacko:

I don't know why they do this, they do it in the juniors as well. End of the day B grade or A grade it is the same teams playing so just call it A

Jarrad
03-04-2018, 10:40 PM
Any idea when the draw comes out?

MonkeyKplunk
04-04-2018, 06:59 AM
Shortly.
I got a draft yesterday of our home game times, so I'd say it's only a day or two before it's out

MonkeyKplunk
04-04-2018, 12:30 PM
Hanging out for these first rounds.
Having come from Zone League it's getting a bit weird to not be starting this weekend!

Goatscheese
06-04-2018, 10:50 PM
Any idea when the draw comes out?

A couple years ago they released the draw on the Thursday before the first weekend

Damo Lovelock
11-04-2018, 06:54 PM
I hear all All Age and Over 35s games slated for the 27th April will be played on the 26th due to the Jets semi-final.

Sensible decision in my book.

boz-monaut
11-04-2018, 07:17 PM
yep

the draw is supposed to come out on Friday too

Charman
12-04-2018, 12:17 PM
I hear all All Age and Over 35s games slated for the 27th April will be played on the 26th due to the Jets semi-final.

Sensible decision in my book.

That's a top decision. Credit where it is due.

Giges
13-04-2018, 04:47 PM
Here are the draws:

http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-8218-0-0-0&a=COMPS

Wandering
19-04-2018, 08:26 PM
Hey lads, us boys at Minmi are looking to host a trial game on sunday, if anybody is interested send me a PM

boz-monaut
19-04-2018, 08:29 PM
what grade? I may have a team for you

Wandering
20-04-2018, 07:49 AM
what grade? I may have a team for you

We are playing saturday A grade

redwah
06-05-2018, 12:53 PM
Thanks to the powers that be for the wise decision to start the season with 3 games in a week.....o35’s and we might struggle for numbers for a few weeks with all the busted up players now.

sammydog
07-05-2018, 11:11 AM
Thanks to the powers that be for the wise decision to start the season with 3 games in a week.....o35’s and we might struggle for numbers for a few weeks with all the busted up players now.

I know a few teams in the same boat. Six team comps should be scrapped. Shuffle everyone up and make them 8 team comps.

Goatscheese
07-05-2018, 09:56 PM
I know a few teams in the same boat. Six team comps should be scrapped. Shuffle everyone up and make them 8 team comps.

And when there isn't enough for 8 team comps considering the majority are 8 team

sammydog
07-05-2018, 11:14 PM
And when there isn't enough for 8 team comps considering the majority are 8 team

I haven't played in an 8 team comp for close to a decade.

3 out of 9 comps in Fri O35 are six teams.
2 out of 4 comps in Sat O35 are six teams.

Shuffle teams up grades and minimise the six team comps.

gd___
08-05-2018, 02:51 PM

But that is the minimum number of six team comps on each day that you you can get from the number of teams avaialble.

Jardelsimage
08-05-2018, 07:06 PM

the lowest grade in that division, whether AA-P or O35F-g(example only) grade have the odd number or however it pans out.
higher the grade more chance to play in a 8 team comp, you put in for highest grade you can and making it easier for the associations to do there grading.
they grade as it is so they don't upset clubs......
start at the top and work your way down.........

Goatscheese
09-05-2018, 10:30 PM

In terms of Saturday they could've all been in 4 7 team comps you certainly wouldn't be playing on a Wednesday but you would have two byes and only play 12 games rather than 15 if in a 6 team comp or 14 if in an 8 team comp.

On Friday could've all made them 6 team comps of 11 but it looks like they made as many 8 team comps as possible and with 18 teams left over, how would you fix it to have less than three six team comps?

Looks like they have minimised the six team comps.

halo se7en
10-05-2018, 08:26 AM
Does anyone else here play o35s Fri night?

boz-monaut
10-05-2018, 10:32 AM
yes

Charman
10-05-2018, 12:57 PM
yes. Div 2 but C grade. LOL.

plague
18-07-2018, 08:00 PM
so was just reading today that a player was sent off recently for king hitting an opponent from behind as the teams walked off for halftime.

judiciary gave him 4 weeks.

player that got hit filed a police report thats how serious it all went.

thankfully: the club stood the player down indefinitely (and so far have not let him back). Good on the club for taking it seriously.
as for the judiciary, wowsers. thats pretty weak.

anyway, again, good on the club. hopefully the bloke takes the time off to sort himself out and maybe find a different past time.

boz-monaut
18-07-2018, 08:11 PM
yeah that is shit by the judiciary, but shitter by punchy mcdickhead in the first place

did the dickhead end up getting charged with assault?

MonkeyKplunk
19-07-2018, 07:45 AM
Is that recently Plague?
It wasn't Robbo again was it?

The Hacker
19-07-2018, 07:58 AM
so was just reading today that a player was sent off recently for king hitting an opponent from behind as the teams walked off for halftime.

thankfully: the club stood the player down indefinitely (and so far have not let him back). Good on the club for taking it seriously.

anyway, again, good on the club. hopefully the bloke takes the time off to sort himself out and maybe find a different past time.

I heared the club was mortified and won't ever register him again. If that is the case at least they had back bone unlike the federation

Jardelsimage
19-07-2018, 08:24 AM
I heared the club was mortified and won't ever register him again. If that is the case at least they had back bone unlike the federation

its the Associations, Newcastle, Macquarie and Hunter, not the federation.
they can only go off the ref's report, if ref has said sent for violent conduct (4 weeks typical) with little description that's all he will get.
its good that his club has taken the high ground, maybe name and shame so other clubs don't get caught with the person next year.

plague
19-07-2018, 03:45 PM
they can only go off the ref's report, if ref has said sent for violent conduct (4 weeks typical) with little description that's all he will get.
its good that his club has taken the high ground, maybe name and shame so other clubs don't get caught with the person next year.

the judiciary had written statements from club officials, players and refs. the detail of the incident was thorough. They certainly couldnt claim they didnt have enough information.

When the player went to the police he was essentially told to wait til the judiciary handed down the suspension and if he wasnt happy with it he could then go back and press on. it made the cops sound pretty disinterested, but as someone who sympathises with what Cops have to go through, sorting out sporting fights probably isnt high on their priority list.

again, it looks like the bloke is done. as much as vigilante justice is acceptable sometimes in life, i dont believe in putting the blokes name out there esp when im sitting here behind an avatar*. The club knows who he is, his teammates and opponents know who it is, so again, lets hope he gets himself sorted out before he punches the wrong bloke next time.

i dont know what the system is like, if a 'new' club ever has any info on a players past, but yeah i guess hes free to go play elsewhere. which would be a bit of a concern.

again though. Props to this club, and the huge amount of others out there that have to deal with this shit week in week out. the majority of whom are doing it out of nothing other than love for the sport.

we should all remember that the next time the lines arent marked properly of the grass a bit long.

*well, until you work out my real name is Peter Lague. P.Lague....Plague......get it?

sammydog
19-07-2018, 04:25 PM
i dont know what the system is like, if a 'new' club ever has any info on a players past, but yeah i guess hes free to go play elsewhere. which would be a bit of a concern.

I'm with you though, I don't agree with throwing a name out there.

I think most clubs do a bit of due diligence on new teams when they come into a club. We always check with associations and refs if a whole team comes asking for a spot. Mostly the issues raised are teams with a history of fielding ineligible players, never had cases of teams moving on because of violence.

Individual players though, we've never checked. You just hope the team they are coming into has.

sammydog
19-07-2018, 04:31 PM

I'm with you though, I don't agree with throwing a name out there.

I think most clubs do a bit of due diligence on new teams when they come into a club. We always check with associations and refs if a whole team comes asking for a spot. Mostly the issues raised are teams with a history of fielding ineligible players, never had cases of teams moving on because of violence.

Individual players though, we've never checked. You just hope the team they are coming into has.

redwah
19-07-2018, 07:25 PM

If this is the case I heard about recently same bloke got sent against us last season for a headbutt for no reason at all...just threw it in the middle of the park...his teammates weren’t overly impressed then either.

la bazzle
20-07-2018, 08:57 AM
4 weeks for a criminal offence? I once heard of a bloke getting 8 weeks for a facebook comment

Goatscheese
23-07-2018, 10:09 PM
Is this Barnsley we are talking about? Or was it the Merewether player in the same game?

Giges
27-07-2018, 09:02 AM
Does any know roughly what the punishment would be for a team/club that continually forfeits All Age games? As in roughly 3 forfeits so far this season.

rawr.
27-07-2018, 09:26 AM
Pretty sure team that forfeits 3 times without good reason is removed from the competition.

sammydog
27-07-2018, 09:44 AM
Not sure of ongoing punishment, but there is a fine for each forfeit.

RANGER09
27-07-2018, 11:29 AM
$200 fine if not notified within 72 hours of the fixture
Not sure if it would get them withdrawn from the comp

Charman
27-07-2018, 12:18 PM
Isn't there a maximum number of games you can forfeit before you are out altogether?

boz-monaut
27-07-2018, 02:31 PM
from here:

http://macquariefootball.com.au/wp-content/uploads/sites/13/2018/05/REGULATION-D-2018.pdf

Regulation D25 FORFEITED FIXTURES

(b) A Team forfeiting on two (2) occasions without an explanation that is satisfactory to the Competition Administrator of the Zone Association may be removed from the Zone Association Competition.

(g) In the event of a Team forfeiting its Fixture, a Fine of $200 may be imposed on the Club/Team by the Competition Administrator (Disciplinary). In the event of a repeated offence, the Club/Team may be charged with bringing the game into disrepute after referral to the Competition Administrator (Disciplinary) and may be subject to further Fines and/or Sanctions.

plague
27-07-2018, 04:00 PM
Is there no gap weekend this year before semis?

boz-monaut
27-07-2018, 04:23 PM
there no gap weekend this year before semis

plague
27-07-2018, 08:31 PM
there no gap weekend this year before semis

dang. had a lovely round of golf lined up.

halo se7en
28-07-2018, 08:38 PM
dang. had a lovely round of golf lined up.

Come join my team plague, you’ll never have to worry about semi’s ever again ;)

sammydog
28-07-2018, 08:57 PM
Come join my team plague, you’ll never have to worry about semi’s ever again ;)

Pretty sure we wrapped up relegation today.

Wandering
06-08-2018, 10:31 AM
Any idea on punishment of teams playing an unregistered player under a different name?

Swanky
06-08-2018, 11:11 AM
Any idea on punishment of teams playing an unregistered player under a different name?

If proven normally get kicked out of the comp

sammydog
06-08-2018, 11:21 AM

As long as you can prove this, at the very least all points will be removed. More often though, the team is removed from the competition. A lot of clubs were removed last season, havent heard about too many this year.

Fine for the club is around the $1,000 mark as well.

RANGER09
06-08-2018, 02:40 PM
An all age women’s team was found out last week, removed from the comp, teams playing them get the 3-0 win from forfeited fixture , not sure of fines for the club

boz-monaut
06-08-2018, 03:44 PM
South Cardiff All Age Men's H Grade got busted recently too

the second half of the draw was awarded as forfeits

can't imagine a big club like South Cardiff wanting their name associated with that team again

Bremsstrahlung
06-08-2018, 06:52 PM
Are their juniors and seniors still separated??

Goatscheese
08-08-2018, 07:49 PM

No but it wouldn't matter I understand that a senior person in the seniors was the ring in

Wandering
09-08-2018, 09:48 AM
Warner’s bay A grade booted this week, the race for finals is tight with a 5 team comp now

Frodo
09-08-2018, 09:56 AM
Warner’s bay A grade booted this week, the race for finals is tight with a 5 team comp now

A team in All Age Friday C grade got caught and booted as well. Silly silly boys.

I mean it's only amateur football so i'm really not fussed. The only part that annoyed me was that now teams miss out on playing a game, which is the entire reason we put ourselves through the gruelling training regimes (30 mins of jogging, pass ball to hopefully a team mate, long walk back to showers, beer and 45 mins of mocking each other) isn't it?

Wandering
09-08-2018, 11:06 AM
Not a good idea to do it when the fill in was probably the best guy on the park, and playing in a shirt that doesn’t match the rest of the team

Goatscheese
12-08-2018, 03:47 PM
Understand a Kotara player in M Grade punched and knocked out a volunteer ref at Cardiff Juniors yesterday. Anyone know more about that?

evolution
12-08-2018, 03:57 PM
Understand a Kotara player in M Grade punched and knocked out a volunteer ref at Cardiff Juniors yesterday. Anyone know more about that?

Wouldn't call it a punch (not from where I was watching anyway) but definitely a hard shove straight after Cardiff scored the equaliser with about 10 to go. Ref hit the ground hard and had to go to get scans to make sure there were no fractures etc., thankfully given the all clear on that, so probably just got a bit of whiplash.

Obviously the game was abandoned straight away and the 1-1 result stood. Could have turned ugly but thankfully both teams kept their composure and was only the one player that made a fool of himself. Will never pull a jersey on again you'd hope.

outsider
12-08-2018, 06:29 PM

Clubbie referee who is also a qualified referee.Reported to police and heard that player may have been a ring in

sammydog
12-08-2018, 06:50 PM
Wouldn't call it a punch (not from where I was watching anyway) but definitely a hard shove straight after Cardiff scored the equaliser with about 10 to go. Ref hit the ground hard and had to go to get scans to make sure there were no fractures etc., thankfully given the all clear on that, so probably just got a bit of whiplash.

Obviously the game was abandoned straight away and the 1-1 result stood. Could have turned ugly but thankfully both teams kept their composure and was only the one player that made a fool of himself. Will never pull a jersey on again you'd hope.

Punch or Shove shouldn't matter, the player should be given a long stint on the sidelines assuming they ever get to play again.

Everyone bitches and moans about the lack of refs, but still pile shit on them.

Time for people to actually show refs some respect. Seen too many people abusing 14 year old linesman this season.

Clubbie referee who is also a qualified referee.Reported to police and heard that player may have been a ring in

If its who I am thinking, he isn't a bad ref either. No problem with it being reported to police.

Bremsstrahlung
12-08-2018, 07:23 PM
I was watching some park soccer in Nepean/Penrith District today. Semi final.
Ref and one linesmen. This was Div 2 all age.
The two refs had just finished 2 games. So this was their third game.

Main ref, did not care. Pretty much stayed still the whole game. Blew a free kick. Players stood over the ball, he told them to get back and started pacing out the 10yds (was 10ft) and the team took the free kick while pacing it out, they scored. Ref awarded the goal.
Linesmen was watching the other game on the other field, missed a offside by a good 10 metres, ref was also close by and could’ve easily called it, played on and they scored.
2-0 half time in a semi due to two mistakes.
Ref didnt care.

Now, my experience with Macquarie (can only talk for them), at least all the officials try? I mean they get decisions wrong. Everyone makes mistakes. I was watching this think that the ref didn’t care. Got things wrong and didn’t care. Didn’t wanna be there. At least refs in Newcastle seem to care and have passionate people involved.

plague
12-08-2018, 07:50 PM
Reported to police and heard that player may have been a ring in

if this is the case, id have no problem if the dude is gone forever and team immediately punted.

i know it doesnt 'matter' in most cases but theres a reason why people need to be registered. would also have no problem seeing team captains/coaches given lengthy suspensions as well for allowing unregistered people on the field.

sammydog
12-08-2018, 08:45 PM
if this is the case, id have no problem if the dude is gone forever and team immediately punted.

i know it doesnt 'matter' in most cases but theres a reason why people need to be registered. would also have no problem seeing team captains/coaches given lengthy suspensions as well for allowing unregistered people on the field.

The problem with unregistered players is there is no real consequence to the team or player.

The club cops the fine whenin reality they have very little control of who walks on the pitch during a game.

Start fining the individuals or team managers and then it will stop.

There needs to be far more protection of referees though. Dissent should be an automatic card and fine. Won’t take long for players to just accept a decision.

plague
12-08-2018, 10:07 PM
The problem with unregistered players is there is no real consequence to the team or player.

The club cops the fine whenin reality they have very little control of who walks on the pitch during a game.

Start fining the individuals or team managers and then it will stop.

yeah i totally agree, the clubs shouldnt be ID checking every player on the team sheet every match every week.

coaches/managers/captains know full well if a player should or shouldnt be there, and sadly a lot of teams really dont care if the club cops a whack.

kicking out the actual guilty parties might start to change behaviours.

Goatscheese
13-08-2018, 12:24 AM

The team does get kicked out, probably doesn't matter to them too much if it is at the end of the season.

Goatscheese
13-08-2018, 12:25 AM

Hopefully Cardiff report to LMF that it is a ring in and don't just leave the ref report on the what I hope was a red card issued. Or if the entire thing is ignored because no one tells LMF

evolution
13-08-2018, 08:29 AM
The team does get kicked out, probably doesn't matter to them too much if it is at the end of the season.

Would in this case as Kotara finished the regular season in 2nd so are meant to play semis next week.

stormypete
13-08-2018, 11:12 AM
I don't get it. Kotara are still down as playing semis next week yet Lambton have been promoted from 5th to what looks like 2nd?
Does anyone know what actually happens with points / ladder positions when a team gets punted?

evolution
13-08-2018, 11:25 AM
I don't get it. Kotara are still down as playing semis next week yet Lambton have been promoted from 5th to what looks like 2nd?
Does anyone know what actually happens with points / ladder positions when a team gets punted?

Yeah it's completely screwed up. Somehow both Dudley and Cardiff got taken out and Lambton and Jesmond put in.

Should be all fixed up once the Kotara issue is sorted, but if they were to get punted then the team that finished 5th would get promoted to 4th and so on.

sammydog
13-08-2018, 12:07 PM

I believe when teams are kicked out, all results become forfeits.

Good if you lost to the team being removed, not good if you beat them during the season.

Shere Khan
13-08-2018, 07:50 PM
Speaking from All age A Sat experience from and including the game that a team is found to have an ineligible player 3 points and 3-0 win is awarded.
Previous games stand.

boz-monaut
13-08-2018, 08:12 PM
ok, here it is, copied and pasted directly from here: http://macquariefootball.com.au/wp-content/uploads/sites/13/2018/05/REGULATION-D-2018.pdf

(also someone should tell Russell that the links on newcastlefootball aren't working)

A ‘Ring-In’ Player is defined as:-
1. A Player playing under another name.
2. An unregistered Player.
3. A player under suspension
4. A Player deemed to be ineligible to play by the Zone Association.
A Team found to have knowingly or wilfully engaged in the ‘Ring-In’ of a Player or Players in
any Fixture shall be deemed to have been guilty of gross misconduct against the Zone
Association and the full points allocated for the Fixture shall be forfeited to the opponents and the scores
recorded as three (3) goals scored by the Team receiving the points to nil (0) by the Team
which has infringed this Regulation. The offending Team shall be liable to such further penalty eg
suspension and/or Fine as determined by the Competitions Administrator (Disciplinary).
Refer to Regulation J for details of Sanctions / Penalties.

Goatscheese
13-08-2018, 11:01 PM

That was all a system **** up. I saw in other leagues they had a team that finished second down as playing the team that finished 1st and the team that finished 4th.

As for Kotara, who knows if it was a ring-in player or not and even if it was still requires Cardiff to report it to Macquarie Football who then need to be able to determine that it was a ring-in

sammydog
14-08-2018, 06:42 AM
As for Kotara, who knows if it was a ring-in player or not and even if it was still requires Cardiff to report it to Macquarie Football who then need to be able to determine that it was a ring-in

If it’s been reported to police, they will know pretty quickly if the person on the team sheet is the person who punched/shoved the ref.

rawr.
14-08-2018, 11:45 AM
That was all a system **** up. I saw in other leagues they had a team that finished second down as playing the team that finished 1st and the team that finished 4th.

Lucky Semi finals are played on grounds next to each other.

anfield
14-08-2018, 03:51 PM
Good to see that the association is cracking down hard on ring in players. The all age forum is normally pretty quiet unless there is a few teams kicked out or some idiot loses it and trashes out.

Goatscheese
15-08-2018, 11:34 AM
Looks like it has been determined that Kotara South did play with a ring-in in the final game and have been kicked out of the comp. They were going to finish in finals anyway risking that wasn't the best idea especially since that risk included someone who enjoys pushing around refs.

stormypete
15-08-2018, 11:42 AM
Looks like it has been determined that Kotara South did play with a ring-in in the final game and have been kicked out of the comp. They were going to finish in finals anyway risking that wasn't the best idea especially since that risk included someone who enjoys pushing around refs.

They got what they deserved.
I reffed this lot when they played against Lambton (no official refs available) and copped a heap of abuse so there's absolutely no sympathy from me.

evolution
15-08-2018, 11:53 AM
I reffed this lot when they played against Lambton (no official refs available) and copped a heap of abuse so there's absolutely no sympathy from me.

Was that at Lambton? If so I watched that game and they certainly carried on a bit.

Funnily enough Lambton are the team that has been promoted to the finals because of the ring-in so there's a bit of karma lol.

stormypete
15-08-2018, 12:23 PM
Was that at Lambton? If so I watched that game and they certainly carried on a bit.

Funnily enough Lambton are the team that has been promoted to the finals because of the ring-in so there's a bit of karma lol.

Yep .. that was the game.
I hope this makes them think twice in the future in similar circumstances (probably not though)

Goatscheese
15-08-2018, 04:44 PM

Yeah heard they acted up at that game too, complained to the ref and volunteer linesman about everything.

pessimist
07-09-2018, 03:57 PM
Kahibah AAL win GrandF from 5th.

Tenambit 1st pulled out due to wedding, Kahibah go to 4th and cleanup. This from having 3 wins from the regular rounds.

Goatscheese
07-09-2018, 06:06 PM
Kahibah AAL win GrandF from 5th.

Tenambit 1st pulled out due to wedding, Kahibah go to 4th and cleanup. This from having 3 wins from the regular rounds.

Why couldn't Tenambit just forfeit their match and play the prelim final?

Is the score of 8-9 a score on penalties or the score at FT?

onlooker
07-09-2018, 06:21 PM
Why couldn't Tenambit just forfeit their match and play the prelim final?

Is the score of 8-9 a score on penalties or the score at FT?

The wedding was on Grand Final day so, instead of knocking teams out then not playing the GF they just sat out finals all together.

pv4
07-09-2018, 08:57 PM
The wedding was on Grand Final day so, instead of knocking teams out then not playing the GF they just sat out finals all together.

Good on them, I say.

I'm led to believe they walked the comp too, so it was fairly expected they'd make the Grand Final.

Charman
07-09-2018, 10:08 PM
Wow all round. Well done and very well done

Hunter403
08-09-2018, 10:04 PM

Yes, still separate.

The official from the seniors that was the ringin was an effing idiot. He even knew the ref. Talk about dumb.

The team got kicked and the ring in got suspended with a very soft penalty considering how dumb he was.