PDA

View Full Version : Insert Name Here aka The Ownership Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

GazFish35
23-08-2014, 12:25 PM
I think we should rig the 500 club and buy the club ourselves

MFKS
23-08-2014, 12:55 PM
I actually agree with the Member in that as long as there are stable owners, who cares where they are from etc etc.
Just so happens our local Richie Rich's aren't exactly football lovers and either have the cash but not the passion, or the passion but not the cash.

The bright spot about foreign clubs pissing thier cash up against a wall by investing down here is that no matter how bad our game is going, big clubs will lose more just by screwing up a big signing ('sup Andy Carroll) so we'll probably never show up on thier P&L's.

Oh and the Northern Spirit was the greatest thing that ever happened to the NSL because shitkhunce like Robbie Slayer and Gypo Arnie got screwed over and lost a tonne of cash.
#neverforget

Anyone know if Eddie Obeid likes soccer?

You make some good points Plague.

The current costs of running a HAL club are such that it limits ownership to the top echelon of wealth in this country. Unfortunately most in this bracket have little interest in the game and are not passionate enough about it or you find one like Sage who is passionate but clueless.

Splitting the ownership up amongst a few parties may at least find us the people who have a passion for the game and can afford to piss 200k up against a wall a season having a 20% stake in the 1 million debt as opposed to not wanting 100% the 1 million debt.
End result is we are getting the better quality candidate in the picture ie people who care for the game

Foreign Clubs have had plenty of opportunity in the past to invest in foreign clubs. Reality with it is it ain't there interest. Even Wenger was blabbering some shit the other week about Arsenal being all about Arsenal and not interested in the club buying another club even if it could be used as a source to blood players.

Most of these arrangements are so heavily geared in favour of the big club anyway who just poach any notable talent that comes from the feeder club for less than market value anyway and they are prone to abandoning the feeder club without a care in the world when it serves them no purpose.

Forgot about the Gypo pair Arnie and Slater at Northern Spirit getting burnt :rof:

Grimario
23-08-2014, 01:05 PM
Most of these arrangements are so heavily geared in favour of the big club anyway who just poach any notable talent that comes from the feeder club for less than market value anyway and they are prone to abandoning the feeder club without a care in the world when it serves them no purpose.

So... how is that different to any HAL club NOT owned by a foreign entity? They all get screwed over, the all lose best players for less than market value. The only example I can think of where that hasn't happened is Milligan at MV and his form was pretty shit after that fell through, so MV might be regretting not buckling under pressure back then.

We are a league made up entirely of feeder clubs. Anyone who thinks we aren't at present is deluded. And that really SHOULD be the financial sustainability model for clubs here until the sport starts dominating media market share or foreign investment takes over.

GazFish35
23-08-2014, 01:23 PM
Salary cap needs to be locked in.
Clubs should be encouraged to invest in academies and start producing talent.
Then let the "home grown" players not count fully to the salary cap.

Clubs become financially stable by selling players they produce.

Grimario
23-08-2014, 01:30 PM
Isn't the salary cap locked in for the next 2-3 years post CBA? And doesn't the TV money cover the entire cap? Unless I've misunderstood all of the stuff about that in the past...?

joel31
23-08-2014, 02:32 PM
Salary cap needs to be locked in.
Then let the "home grown" players not count fully to the salary cap.

Clubs become financially stable by selling players they produce.
agreed

MFKS
23-08-2014, 02:33 PM
Clubs shouldn't have to be encouraged to do that. It should be a given.

Problem is clubs can't do that at present without creating an additional expense on top of the existing 1-2 million a year they are blowing. Unfortunately the salary cap is far too high and out of whack with the income the clubs are making

So... how is that different to any HAL club NOT owned by a foreign entity? They all get screwed over, the all lose best players for less than market value. The only example I can think of where that hasn't happened is Milligan at MV and his form was pretty shit after that fell through, so MV might be regretting not buckling under pressure back then.

We are a league made up entirely of feeder clubs. Anyone who thinks we aren't at present is deluded. And that really SHOULD be the financial sustainability model for clubs here until the sport starts dominating media market share or foreign investment takes over.

Clubs getting ripped off is mainly down to their own inability to negotiate. Look at our CEO He gives Ryan Griff away and then sells a promising striker who has just been to the WC and bagged the golden boot award last season for 400k tops as that was the most HE agreed when signing this blokes contract. Middleby is not alone here as the rest of the clubs ain't much better

The issue with a foreign club owning the club is the complete lack of long term loyalty to the Aussie club. Very easy for them to **** the club up enough and send them extinct by walking out the door cause after all there number one priority is to their own interest.

Nothing wrong with foreign ownership ie some Foreign Rich Bloke as such.

Have big issues with clubs doing what Man City are doing with Heart.

Its all good in the honeymoon period with leads to problems eventually when the flow of money is reduced.

Good news is Heart were already a basket case. A couple of years of City running the show may be enough to kick start enough interest in the club to be able to survive with Man City walking out which is in this situation a better scenario than what would have occurred with the direction Heart were going on there own

GazFish35
23-08-2014, 03:45 PM
Clubs shouldn't have to be encouraged to do that. It should be a given.

Problem is clubs can't do that at present without creating an additional expense on top of the existing 1-2 million a year they are blowing. Unfortunately the salary cap is far too high and out of whack with the income the clubs are making

Clubs getting ripped off is mainly down to their own inability to negotiate. Look at our CEO He gives Ryan Griff away and then sells a promising striker who has just been to the WC and bagged the golden boot award last season for 400k tops as that was the most HE agreed when signing this blokes contract. Middleby is not alone here as the rest of the clubs ain't much better

The issue with a foreign club owning the club is the complete lack of long term loyalty to the Aussie club. Very easy for them to **** the club up enough and send them extinct by walking out the door cause after all there number one priority is to their own interest.

Nothing wrong with foreign ownership ie some Foreign Rich Bloke as such.

Have big issues with clubs doing what Man City are doing with Heart.

Its all good in the honeymoon period with leads to problems eventually when the flow of money is reduced.

Good news is Heart were already a basket case. A couple of years of City running the show may be enough to kick start enough interest in the club to be able to survive with Man City walking out which is in this situation a better scenario than what would have occurred with the direction Heart were going on there own

Big rich Club walking away and leaving the club high and dry could be negated by FFA making big rich club have an insurance bucket that the FFA/club can use when the big guys leave town.

If get bought by Leicester, I only hope the FFA make Leicester sit 10million aside in a trust so that if they bail/go bankrupt, the club has operating monies. Leicester could keep the trust if they sell to another owner who then pays the same trust etc.

Is that what the Tinkler/knights/members group shirt fight was about?

Grimario
23-08-2014, 04:27 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvsxH14CIAAAL3x.jpg

lquiquer
23-08-2014, 04:35 PM
Glad I still got my old away shirt from 2012/2013 then! :facepalm:

Grimario
23-08-2014, 04:37 PM
Newcastle United.... I could probably deal if we had to use that name :gent:

Away strip, whoo. Their third strip has green in it as well, methinks.

Nope, GK kit is green.

Jeterpool
23-08-2014, 04:49 PM
Surely Newcastle United's owner is a stable bloke and understands the importance of history to a club :gent:

Pico
23-08-2014, 04:54 PM
Big rich Club walking away and leaving the club high and dry could be negated by FFA making big rich club have an insurance bucket that the FFA/club can use when the big guys leave town.

If get bought by Leicester, I only hope the FFA make Leicester sit 10million aside in a trust so that if they bail/go bankrupt, the club has operating monies. Leicester could keep the trust if they sell to another owner who then pays the same trust etc.

Is that what the Tinkler/knights/members group shirt fight was about?

The knights had to have a bank guarantee, so not quite like a trust with cash sitting in it, but the purpose was the same as you're getting at.

I personally like the sound of a german club if it was one that was not wholly privately held, as they might be open to allowing the fans taking a share of the club Blackmac style.

You do realise that clause was included in the new 1 year extended contract the club got taggart to sign in November 2013, he originally signed a 2 year deal in march 2012, meaning if they had not signed the bloke to the extension he would have been out the door on a free transfer. Taggz was always going to be looking to move at the first chance he got, by getting an extension with that ceiling guaranteed that we'd make money and retain a good player, hardly the worst deal going around.

Premy
23-08-2014, 05:40 PM
Surely Newcastle United's owner is a stable bloke and understands the importance of history to a club :gent:
:roflz:

MFKS
23-08-2014, 06:26 PM
You do realise that clause was included in the new 1 year extended contract the club got taggart to sign in November 2013, he originally signed a 2 year deal in march 2012, meaning if they had not signed the bloke to the extension he would have been out the door on a free transfer. Taggz was always going to be looking to move at the first chance he got, by getting an extension with that ceiling guaranteed that we'd make money and retain a good player, hardly the worst deal going around.

You do realise that as Taggz was under the age of 23 the Jets are according to FIFA rules entitled to a training compensation fee anyway regardless of whether Taggz was under contract or not????? So it ain't like he would have walked out for nothing anyway

Bet you our club had NFI on that

Why exactly is everyone happy we sold the bloke and only got 400k or so for it?? The club negotiated this deal at a time he had just scored a few goals last season. No one at the time was predicting golden boot and World Cup for the kid. It was only the fact that these things happened the interest to leave would have been spiked.

To me it is a pretty poor decision to agree a stipulation in a deal like that at all particularly for a bloke who plays a position that goes for big $$ in transfer fees anyway and even more so when everyone could see the kid had talent and it would be a matter of time before it was fulfilled.

lquiquer
23-08-2014, 06:48 PM

Hope there will be a spare sit for him in bay 60 :whistling:

Premy
23-08-2014, 06:51 PM
It's absolute impossible to speculate on the negotiation of players contracts, what's to say Taggart would have accepted the contract if the $400k ceiling was not in the contract. You don't know what negotiated behind close doors so speculating about it is pointless.

Premy
23-08-2014, 06:52 PM
Oh FYI Melbourne City are not own buy Manchester City. Both clubs are owned by Sheik Mansour.

Pico
23-08-2014, 07:59 PM
You do realise that as Taggz was under the age of 23 the Jets are according to FIFA rules entitled to a training compensation fee anyway regardless of whether Taggz was under contract or not????? So it ain't like he would have walked out for nothing anyway

Bet you our club had NFI on that

I'd bet they had a better understanding and realised that $400k Australian is still better than at best $40,000 US per year of training as per FIFA's regulations, so basically what you would rather have had Middleby do was actually wait and let him leave on a free transfer missing out on a $400k transfer fee plus any additional training compensation so that the club could scoop up that awesome life changing $80k USD.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/01/62/40/71/circularno.1299-regulationsonthestatusandtransfersofplayers-categorisationofclubsandregistrationperiods.pdf

To me it is a pretty poor decision to agree a stipulation in a deal like that at all particularly for a bloke who plays a position that goes for big $$ in transfer fees anyway and even more so when everyone could see the kid had talent and it would be a matter of time before it was fulfilled.

Which is precisely why they moved to extend his contract, it wasn't the worst deal going about but generally if as you say it was just a matter of time, why would it be smarter to refuse any transfer caps and have the bloke walk away in a couple of months time.

De-Champ
23-08-2014, 09:10 PM
Oh FYI Melbourne City are not own buy Manchester City. Both clubs are owned by Sheik Mansour.

Melbourne city is owned 80% by man City, 20% by consortium that owns Melbourne storm.

Premy
23-08-2014, 09:39 PM
Melbourne city is owned 80% by man City, 20% by consortium that owns Melbourne storm.Incorrect City Football Group own 80% Melbourne City, 80% New York City, Manchester City and 20% Yokohama F Marinos. City Football Group are a holding company owed by Abu Dubai United Group.
As I said the Club Manchester City do not own Melbourne City, they are owned by the same holding company.

lquiquer
23-08-2014, 10:03 PM
Tenzo tomorrow 12

Blackmac79
23-08-2014, 10:40 PM
Tenzo. What a place.

De-Champ
24-08-2014, 11:21 AM
Incorrect City Football Group own 80% Melbourne City, 80% New York City, Manchester City and 20% Yokohama F Marinos. City Football Group are a holding company owed by Abu Dubai United Group.
As I said the Club Manchester City do not own Melbourne City, they are owned by the same holding company.

But you did not say that.

Premy
24-08-2014, 11:47 AM
Melbourne city is owned 80% by man City, 20% by consortium that owns Melbourne storm.
Incorrect City Football Group own 80% Melbourne City, 80% New York City, Manchester City and 20% Yokohama F Marinos. City Football Group are a holding company owed by Abu Dubai United Group.
But you did not say that.
:banghead: Really I said Manchester City do not own Melbourne City, Sheik Mansour owns both.
You proceeded to say Man City own Mel City which is incorrect, City Football Group own both clubs which is a holding company owed by Abu Dubai United Group which is owned by Sheik Mansour.
So basically I'm saying Mel City is not a asset of Man City they are both assets of Sheik Mansour

GazFish35
24-08-2014, 12:17 PM
You got owned de-champ.

But I'm not sure by who.

20% by a sheik, 80% by premy. I Think.

Grimario
24-08-2014, 12:37 PM
You got owned de-champ.

But I'm not sure by who.

20% by a sheik, 80% by premy. I Think.

I prefer the German model where everyone has a share.

Now just need Skirt Boy to organise us a German model..

GazFish35
24-08-2014, 12:43 PM

Excellent idea. The German models could work on the paddle steamers.

De-Champ
24-08-2014, 02:10 PM
:banghead: Really I said Manchester City do not own Melbourne City, Sheik Mansour owns both.
You proceeded to say Man City own Mel City which is incorrect, City Football Group own both clubs which is a holding company owed by Abu Dubai United Group which is owned by Sheik Mansour.
So basically I'm saying Mel City is not a asset of Man City they are both assets of Sheik Mansour

I think yu should read up on company law. The sheik may own shares in the holding compnay, but ir means jack shit. I may own shares in BHP but it does not mean much, apart from receiving a dividend every now and again.

Skirt Boy
24-08-2014, 02:20 PM

Oi don't go bringing me into your twisted and sick German fetish crap. I may like Germany. I may have lived there. But come on.

I'm from Windale FFS. Unless they are wearing huggboots and flannos...................

Premy
24-08-2014, 05:13 PM
I think yu should read up on company law. The sheik may own shares in the holding compnay, but ir means jack shit. I may own shares in BHP but it does not mean much, apart from receiving a dividend every now and again.You're talking semantics and you're chasing your tail. Fact is Mel City are not own by Man City which is what I said in the 1st place.

De-Champ
24-08-2014, 08:31 PM
You're talking semantics and you're chasing your tail. Fact is Mel City are not own by Man City which is what I said in the 1st place.

You said they were owned by the sheik. But i agree to move on.

Couscous
30-08-2014, 10:12 PM
Former mining magnate Nathan Tinkler becomes a father for the FIFTH time with 'pretty blonde' and former assistant Jodie Van Gilst (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2737820/Former-mining-magnate-Nathan-Tinkler-father-FIFTH-time-pretty-blonde-former-assistant-Jodie-Van-Gilst.html)

Tinkler's former executive assistant Jodie Van Gilst gave birth about two weeks ago
Tinkler and his wife estranged wife Rebecca recently separated after news of the pregnancy came to light
Rebecca lives with the couple's four children in their $16 million Hawaii home
Comes after Tinkler was forced to announce fire sale of his various assets and undergo the repossession of his private jet and a Falcon 90

Very, very excited. I can only hope New Idea has some pics next week.

This is the old one.

http://images.smh.com.au/2014/08/29/5719257/Article%20Lead%20-%20wide60902016109cvf1409321880146.jpg.jpg

belchardo
30-08-2014, 10:37 PM
Love the way tinks is eyeing off singo's beer

GazFish35
30-08-2014, 11:00 PM
A falcon 90.

Assume they are referring to the multi-million dollar Yacht, not a ford EA falcon

vikingjet
02-09-2014, 11:28 AM

I'll dust the old girl off and get her seaworthy. You organise the Germans; throw in a few Puerto Ricans and a few Thais, just to cover off on all tastes.

I think we've done the sums before, but just to be sure:

50 employees channeling on average $105.00 profit back into the central fund. That's $5250/ night x 364 nights (they can have Griffo's Birthday off) = $1.911 million per year. Take out some expenses (paddlesteamer upkeep, etc), should be able to generate around $1.7m of revenue a year.

As the new ownership structure will function as a religious organisation (Grifflam or Griffism), we can operate under a tax free model.

Should be enough to run club. Problem solved.

GazFish35
02-09-2014, 02:32 PM
I'll dust the old girl off and get her seaworthy. You organise the Germans; throw in a few Puerto Ricans and a few Thais, just to cover off on all tastes.

50 employees channeling on average $105.00 profit back into the central fund. That's $5250/ night x 364 nights (they can have Griffo's Birthday off) = $1.911 million per year. Take out some expenses (paddlesteamer upkeep, etc), should be able to generate around $1.7m of revenue a year.

As the new ownership structure will function as a religious organisation (Grifflam or Griffism), we can operate under a tax free model.

i think the term you are looking for in Griffology

hausmann
02-09-2014, 05:22 PM

Awesome. I'll share a beer with you on the paddlesteamer and we can we can have a conversation where we end up agreeing how I was wrong and you were right re GVE.

q-money
02-09-2014, 05:25 PM
fuark VJ returns

are you here for the tits?

Bon
02-09-2014, 07:11 PM
fuark VJ returns

are you here for the tits?

I don't think it is mere coincidence that celebrity tits get unveiled around the same time that VJ is back on the foz..

vikingjet
08-09-2014, 11:47 AM
I don't think it is mere coincidence that celebrity tits get unveiled around the same time that VJ is back on the foz..

Why else would you do anything?

Pico
09-09-2014, 08:48 AM
Jets officials fly English buyers on their radar

By JAMES GARDINER
Sept. 8, 2014, 10 p.m.

JETS management have flown to England for a series of secret meetings with potential buyers of the A-League club.

Out-going Hunter Sports chief executive Troy Palmer, Jets boss Robbie Middleby and former captain Michael Bridges left yesterday.

Owner Nathan Tinkler announced a fortnight ago that the club was for sale and he ‘‘can’t wait to get them out the door’’. English Premier League champions Manchester City recently bought A-League club Melbourne Heart, and Tinkler is hoping to garner a similar deal. The embattled coal baron is understood to be asking about $5million for the license, which is the final component of the mining tycoon’s former sports empire.

The Newcastle Herald understands that the next fortnight will be critical in determining the ownership of the club.

After initially targeting clubs in continental Europe the focus has switched to England, where Bridges has a number of contacts from his playing days in the English Premier League.

The former striker, who is now an assistant coach at the Jets, played at Leeds United, Sunderland and Newcastle United, and has close ties in football and media circles.

The Jets are believed to have also engaged their former marquee player, England international Emile Heskey, to assist with negotiations.

Heskey played for Liverpool and newly promoted Leicester.

The Jets have previously held talks with Newcastle United, who are owned by sports retailing billionaire Mike Ashley.
See your ad here

In announcing the club was on the market Tinkler said: ‘‘We are talking to a number of Premier League clubs and European soccer clubs about getting involved there, and have been for a little while. These negotiations have been going on in the background, but I’d like to get those concluded. Anybody who owns an A-League club or supports an A-League club, that’s the future.’’

Football Federation Australia has been monitoring the Jets situation and are understood to be aware of the latest development.

Middleby could not be contacted yesterday.

He declined to comment on the sale last week, saying the focus was on the season ahead.

‘‘We need a big season,’’ he said. ‘‘We owe it to our fans to bring them some success and do not want any distractions.’’

Tinkler took control of the Jets in October 2010 after Con Constantine encountered financial difficulties.

Tinkler attempted to hand the franchise back to the governing body in April 2012 over a controversial acquisition fee before reaching a compromise with FFA chairman Frank Lowy.

Under Tinkler’s ownership, the Jets have increased membership to more than 10,000 and brought out Heskey as a marquee player but have not made the finals in four seasons.

The Jets are confident of surpassing last season’s membership tally of 10,200.

Their website said yesterday that they had 7254 members, with 32 days remaining before they kick off their season against Central Coast Mariners in Gosford on October 11.

Tinkler relinquished control of the Newcastle Knights three months ago.

His Patinack Farm horse racing operation, which includes 560 thoroughbreds and racing properties, will go under the hammer next month without reserve prices to settle a multimillion-dollar debt to benefactor, retail king Gerry Harvey.

www.theherald.com.au/story/2545735/jets-officials-have-english-buyers-on-their-radar/?cs=303

Bridges contacts..... should be good just like when we used him to land his best mate Harry Kewell, new ownership to be wrapped up in 6-8 weeks.

Jeterpool
09-09-2014, 09:01 AM
I wonder if they flew QANTAS

Tommyjet
09-09-2014, 09:38 AM
Bridges the interpreter is he?

GazFish35
09-09-2014, 09:56 AM
so, article says they are trying to sell the whole league.

WOW.

newy leading the way again.

and WTF, 500 words to tell us 3 blokes are heading to england to meet with other blokes.

plus - a reminder of who Bridges played for, who Heskey plays for and that tinkler is selling.

suppose column inches need filling.

Pico
09-09-2014, 10:56 AM
so, article says they are trying to sell the whole league.

WOW.

newy leading the way again.

and WTF, 500 words to tell us 3 blokes are heading to england to meet with other blokes.

plus - a reminder of who Bridges played for, who Heskey plays for and that tinkler is selling.

suppose column inches need filling.

Don't forget old Oscar Wilde's quote about being talked about.

plague
09-09-2014, 12:22 PM
Did Michael Bridges play in the Premier League?

Premy
09-09-2014, 01:30 PM
You heard it here first King Power to be the new owners.*

*100% Chinese whisper's

MFKS
09-09-2014, 01:54 PM
Not having a pop at Micky Bridges ahh **** it who am I kidding:whistling:

Can someone explain to me why we need to send the low level assistant coach over for this?? What is this blokes qualifications in negotiation of business sale??

Surely he should actually be home preparing his NPL Yoof side for the GF this weekend. Considering he deserted them mid season to fark off to Brasil for the WC you would think the biggest day of their season he would be front and centre for them??

stopper2
13-09-2014, 01:22 PM
Not having a pop at Micky Bridges ahh **** it who am I kidding:whistling:

Can someone explain to me why we need to send the low level assistant coach over for this?? What is this blokes qualifications in negotiation of business sale??

Surely he should actually be home preparing his NPL Yoof side for the GF this weekend. Considering he deserted them mid season to fark off to Brasil for the WC you would think the biggest day of their season he would be front and centre for them??

Funny that no one else has responded to you Member on your comments regarding Bridges little rendevouz overseas!
You hit the nail on the head ".....why we need to send the low level assistant coach over for this??"
One has got to ask what is Bridges official role in the club?
After the goings-on last season and now this I think it's apparent him and Middleby are good mates and he therefore he pretty much has a free reign to do what he chooses. Is this the way a "Professional" football club should be run? Oh but everyone says he is such a nice guy and a top bloke so I suppose it's alright then!!

Jetmaster
13-09-2014, 01:39 PM
Like it or not Bridges gives the club credibility in England - EPL owners won't give a toss about Palmer and Middleby, but will listen to Bridges (if it is Newcastle) or Heskey (if it is Leicester).

The Jets need someone to sell the idea to EPL clubs....nothing better than ex EPL players etc.

Can't see the problem but will pass final judgement once we know the buyer.

sammydog
13-09-2014, 02:05 PM
Like it or not Bridges gives the club credibility in England - EPL owners won't give a toss about Palmer and Middleby, but will listen to Bridges (if it is Newcastle) or Heskey (if it is Leicester).

The Jets need someone to sell the idea to EPL clubs....nothing better than ex EPL players etc.

Can't see the problem but will pass final judgement once we know the buyer.

Thats the way I see it. Bridges has contacts in the UK and he is there to act as a conduit. Much easier to do if you are there with the team trying to sell, than it is to do from over here.

Who is the buyer going to be, no idea.

GazFish35
13-09-2014, 03:43 PM
Can imagine the blow up if he'd stayed here and Robbie and Troy report back that they couldn't get a foot in at an yelp clubs because if their lack of contacts. Jets youth grand final is clearly more important than selling the club so we might actually still exist in a few years

Thomas477
13-09-2014, 04:05 PM
Yeah, but is Bridges a coach of a youth team, or international relations manager. Fact is, if he's a coach, his primary concern should be his youth side, not galavanting overseas.

Jeterpool
13-09-2014, 04:28 PM
Thats the way I see it. Bridges has contacts in the UK and he is there to act as a conduit. Much easier to do if you are there with the team trying to sell, than it is to do from over here.

Who is the buyer going to be, no idea.

Exactly. He's known over there and acts as the conduit, as you say.

Can imagine the blow up if he'd stayed here and Robbie and Troy report back that they couldn't get a foot in at an yelp clubs because if their lack of contacts. Jets youth grand final is clearly more important than selling the club so we might actually still exist in a few years

Yes

Yeah, but is Bridges a coach of a youth team, or international relations manager. Fact is, if he's a coach, his primary concern should be his youth side, not galavanting overseas.

Bigger picture I think. Selling club for greater stability outweighs the youth team duties IMO

GazFish35
13-09-2014, 05:21 PM
Galavanting.

Interesting choice of words.

sammydog
13-09-2014, 07:14 PM

Won't be a youth team to coach (or a first team for the current youth to play in) if the club isn't sold.

If they are using Bridges contacts, it makes sense that he is there.

MFKS
13-09-2014, 07:28 PM
Says a lot then that Middleby and Palmer need Bridges there though.

Bridges with his contacts is only needed to get the foot in the door.

Once that is done then Palmer and CEO should be able to handle things.

Surely this could be done with a conference Skype ****ing call with bridges introducing the prospective buyer to Middleby and Palmer. These two blokes should only be over there anyway to get it across the line and finalise the sale and not over their whoring the clubs POSSIBLE sale to anyone and everyone

GazFish35
13-09-2014, 08:49 PM
Says a lot then that Middleby and Palmer need Bridges there though.

Bridges with his contacts is only needed to get the foot in the door.

Once that is done then Palmer and CEO should be able to handle things.

Surely this could be done with a conference Skype ****ing call with bridges introducing the prospective buyer to Middleby and Palmer. These two blokes should only be over there anyway to get it across the line and finalise the sale and not over their whoring the clubs POSSIBLE sale to anyone and everyone

Maybe so, but people can be real dicks on the internet, and totally different in person.

plague
13-09-2014, 09:05 PM
Bhahahaha, anyone thinking Bridges makes one lick of difference to getting this deal done.
Jets: "Hey you guys, buy this shitty team, Mick Bridges is all about it"
Billionaire: " yeah awesome please take all my money".
Bhahahahahaha.

joel31
13-09-2014, 10:28 PM
I thought Troy parted with Tinks

GazFish35
13-09-2014, 10:38 PM
Read him described as "outgoing head of HSG"

That might just be because once the horse auction is done we are the only thing left in hunter sports group.

furns
13-09-2014, 10:42 PM
He has left HSG and all related Tinks companies.
He is only remaining at the Jets to facilitate the sale.

lquiquer
14-09-2014, 12:51 PM
Boys selling the club and doing it tough......:whistling::whistling:

MFKS
14-09-2014, 06:44 PM
Boys selling the club and doing it tough......:whistling::whistling:

What club were they watching??

May give us a hint as to who the future overlords are

Thomas477
14-09-2014, 06:46 PM
That was the Liverpool game. The warrior signs in the back give it away.

MFKS
14-09-2014, 06:47 PM
That was the Liverpool game. The warrior signs in the back give it away.

I only watch the teams with an actual chance of winning the EPL hence why I don't watch much of Liverpool to know:tongue:

Thomas477
14-09-2014, 07:20 PM
I only watch the teams with an actual chance of winning the EPL hence why I don't watch much of Liverpool to know:tongue:

Neither do I, just know that their kits are made by warrior after the hideous knitted sweater of their away strip last year.

sammydog
14-09-2014, 07:34 PM
They have posted pictures at Stokes Training Facilities as well.

lquiquer
14-09-2014, 07:53 PM

Guess u won't be watching Man U tonight then :whistling:

Premy
14-09-2014, 08:08 PM
What club were they watching??

May give us a hint as to who the future overlords areYou think the massive tiffo may have given it away.

MFKS
16-09-2014, 09:02 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxgcJW5CQAA1SaC.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxhrtfBCcAAHshj.jpg

These blokes actually doing anything of note or just on a celebrity junket.

plague
16-09-2014, 09:45 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxgcJW5CQAA1SaC.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxhrtfBCcAAHshj.jpg

Quite possibly the most embarrassing thing I've seen from the Jets organisation (huge call I know).
Jesus Christ man have some self respect.

leftrightout
16-09-2014, 10:02 AM
Not enough money to buy a squad that can compete but enough to send these clowns on a european junket!

GazFish35
16-09-2014, 10:51 AM
Quite possibly the most embarrassing thing I've seen from the Jets organisation (huge call I know).
Jesus Christ man have some self respect.

agreed. those ties are horrendous

MFKS
16-09-2014, 10:54 AM
Did Middleby get changed between meeting Falcao and SAF??

Suit and tie in one photo and next photo in civvies??

WolfMan
16-09-2014, 12:24 PM
Middleby walks into a bar.
Bartender: Why the long face?

hilarity ensues

hausmann
16-09-2014, 01:12 PM
I can see it now:

visits to Liverpool and Manchester United. Sold to Rotherham.

boz-monaut
16-09-2014, 01:24 PM
more like:

visits to Liverpool and Manchester United. Almost sold to Rotherham. Not sold. No one wants. Had holiday.

hausmann
16-09-2014, 02:09 PM
more like:

visits to Liverpool and Manchester United. Almost sold to Rotherham. Not sold. No one wants. Had holiday.

Lol. Too true.

Well how do they expect to be taken seriously as businessmen by anyone when they are taking selfies with all and sundry like star struck groupies.

And it appears Middleby only took one tie.

MFKS
16-09-2014, 02:31 PM
I dont normally get to fired up or am overly critical as I have no idea what it is like to run an A League fclub (for the record I doubt anyone who comments here does...) but i am a bit over a few issues.
1) Constantely signing injured players. Flores is the excpetion here he is a gamble worth taking. I was excited by Celeski but if he is out until round three, then 4 weeks to get his fitness back.. thats the best part of half the season gone on a bloke who has a 1 year contract.
Our new striker is far from fit (has been in a fair paddock i think) so how long until he is up to speed. Kanata (who seriosuly needs to have a good year) is still having knee issues as well. What is happening with the medical side of the club. This could all just be bad luck rather than bad management and if this was something new i would probably put it down to that but it is ground hog day.
2) Letting players go. Goodwin (who i was never a huge fan of, i know others are... maybe i am wrong) but to let him go without a very clear understanding of who will take his spot is very poor form.
3) consistently missing out on players. Let's be honest who would you sign for Melbourne City or the Jets? Not many are taking the Jets on that when you consider the excitment around City. Let's face it despite the salary cup there is a pecking order probably led by Vicotry, Brisbane, Sydney's stocks are rising already. The only way to change this is to have success on the field.... which you can't have unless you have the right players.... pick the visious cycle here....
4) this is petty i know but, Michael Bridges get off socail media and get to finding a buyer for the club. I am sure that you guys are doing what needs to be done but posting photos on yourself with past players, at the Liverpool game and with Sir Alex is not a good look and honeslty looks matter. As a member i want to believe you are hard at work... not enjoying the perks of office.
5) Another petty one Why are you guys still runnign around in ISC kit at training when you have a new sponser in BKL? These things matter and are not hard to manage (i assume)
Anyway thats' my 2 cents.

****ING BRAVO
Someone posted this on the Herald Website

Can assure you it wasn't me as I only read there stuff not contribute with dimwits

lquiquer
16-09-2014, 03:10 PM
****ING BRAVO
Someone posted this on the Herald Website

Can assure you it wasn't me as I only read there stuff not contribute with dimwits

Even if it was you: agree F$&@"g Bravo

plague
16-09-2014, 03:31 PM
Was not me, nowhere near enough snark.
Spelling though.
No wonder people think we are a pack of mongs.

Blackmac79
16-09-2014, 05:21 PM
I could try and explain some of it if you wanted me too.

However it is easier just to say: Tinkler. He isn't making it easy

MFKS
16-09-2014, 05:52 PM
I could try and explain some of it if you wanted me too.

Floor is yours. Be our guest

Blackmac79
16-09-2014, 06:08 PM
Ok well the club is broke. Tinks ain't paying a cent more.

His first point - injured players come cheap. Helps when you have no money backing you to hand players desperate to stay in the professional game. Playing some games in the season is better than having no player at all.

Players are leaving due to the uncertainty around the club.

Three point a and. B but related to new players, why would you sign for us? Not assured of anything.

The Micky bridges thing I have issues with. Prick ought to do some ****ing work for once

MFKS
16-09-2014, 06:33 PM
Why not just pay 23 locals to do the job and get flogged every week??

Would come cheaper and everyone would be happy even if we got flogged

furns
16-09-2014, 07:16 PM
Bollocks. Everyone would complain that there is no investment in the team.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Pico
16-09-2014, 09:47 PM
Why not just pay 23 locals to do the job and get flogged every week??

Would come cheaper and everyone would be happy even if we got flogged

With the salary floor you would be paying them overs any way, may as well take the gamble on a few injured players and hope they reclaim their form and perform with cheap local players and cast offs as backups for if/when the gamble fails. At least with this approach you might be lucky and go on a run of games before the house of cards falls over.

I personally think we wasted our visa spots and this is where we have run into trouble trying to fix known problem areas in our squad, we have been well short of HAL quality in our midfield for years and we haven't had a proper left back for just as long yet we didn't use our visa spots to fix these issues.

Having said that we were linked to the Spaniard before we signed jeronimo and Steele and I'm assuming that after he feel through we believed we could land poortaloo so could free up a spot for an extra attacking player. The problem is that we still have no LB or a solid CM and we have only Australian spots left to offer, with the added bonus that we don't have aus marquee or youth marquee to offer according to big Phil in the herald the other day, which is only going to make things even more difficult, let's hope billy the kid pulls up well from his surgery.

plague
16-09-2014, 10:40 PM
Bollocks. Everyone would complain that there is no investment in the team.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I honestly think that our club has every intention of trying to get the best team on the park.
I believe our club is trying its best to run a successful, cost effective operation.

I just don't think they are any ****ing good at it.

Thomas477
17-09-2014, 12:05 AM
I honestly think that our club has every intention of trying to get the best team on the park.
I believe our club is trying its best to run a successful, cost effective operation.

I just don't think they are any ****ing good at it.

And herein lies the problem. Who hires these muppets? Middleby. Middleby needs to go so we can get a decent administrator in who knows how to ****ing run a football successfully, Middleby doesn't and by the time he gets something right, we will be so far behind the rest of the league, it's not funny.

Pico
17-09-2014, 12:56 AM
And herein lies the problem. Who hires these muppets? Middleby. Middleby needs to go so we can get a decent administrator in who knows how to ****ing run a football successfully, Middleby doesn't and by the time he gets something right, we will be so far behind the rest of the league, it's not funny.

So who's top of your CEO list?

GazFish35
17-09-2014, 08:13 AM

They should have got John Tstamis back before WSW snapped him up.

leftrightout
17-09-2014, 08:32 AM
They should have got John Tstamis back before WSW snapped him up.

Not who we should have... who now?

hausmann
17-09-2014, 08:51 AM

Three local names would be to poach David Eland or Ivan Spyrdz (if they are shown to have good business connections as well as administrative skill) or get George Liolio back. Other than that, someone with a business and legal background who has a history of being community orientated and is well regarded in the business community, and knows a lot about paddlesteamers.

GazFish35
17-09-2014, 08:51 AM

Ken Edwards.

plague
17-09-2014, 09:53 AM

Venables

pv4
17-09-2014, 10:03 AM
Venables

I tried to give this post rep but it said I can't keep giving you rep and need to share the love :'(

GazFish35
17-09-2014, 10:11 AM
In all seriousness, get Lyall Gorman back from wherever it is he's hiding.

we are always on about community engagment and successful football, he started the marniers and the wanderers, two of the better community linked clubs while under his tenure.

MFKS
17-09-2014, 10:31 AM

Forever Red. :sup:

High time this unsung servant of local football got the recognition and a promotion to the big time

vikingjet
17-09-2014, 11:55 AM
Three local names would be to poach David Eland or Ivan Spyrdz (if they are shown to have good business connections as well as administrative skill) or get George Liolio back. Other than that, someone with a business and legal background who has a history of being community orientated and is well regarded in the business community, and knows a lot about paddlesteamers.

I graciously accept, my old friend

joel31
17-09-2014, 05:36 PM
give MFKS the job for a month on a trial basis. He seems to know all the answers

MFKS
17-09-2014, 05:53 PM
give MFKS the job for a month on a trial basis. He seems to know all the answers

Mate I don't have ALL the answers.

I just have MOST of them

Blackmac79
17-09-2014, 06:46 PM
Having met and talked football with Eland on a few occassions, he would be a great choice.

I would feel for northern football if he was to go though. Has delt with the self interested parties very well.

Thomas477
17-09-2014, 07:05 PM

As others have said, someone who has some business sense, someone who has experience successfully running a business, etc.

Not someone who's previous experience was to run a club into the ground like Middleby.

lquiquer
19-09-2014, 12:37 PM
Newcastle Jets senior management and representatives of the Tinkler Group travelled to the UK last week for discussions regarding Club ownership.

The trip involved positive initial discussions with possible investors and partners as well as visits to the academies and training centres of several Premier League Clubs. These visits provided valuable contacts and ideas for the development of the Club and the Emerging Jets Academy.

All discussions regarding the future ownership of the Club will understandably be kept confidential and are expected to continue over the coming months. No announcement on a new owner is imminent.

The Club is working closely with the FFA throughout this process and will inform Members and Partners when an outcome is reached.

Given the confidential nature of these discussions it is in the best interests of the Club and Parties involved that no further comments will be made until negotiations are complete.

In the meantime, the Club continues our preparations for the upcoming season and appreciates the loyal support of our Members.

In other words: Don't ask question because no one showed interest in the club, boys had a good :pissup:...and we stuck with Tink for few more years.....

GazFish35
19-09-2014, 12:46 PM
i hop ethey are stopping over in Dubai, Bangkok and Sinagpore, with the way EPL clubs are being bought these days they might have more luck chasing new owners outside of England.

plague
19-09-2014, 01:12 PM
Hey you guys, this whole 'business' thingy is so super serious so we can't really tell you about what went on O/S.
But ZOMG did you see that sweet selfie I got with that striker guy.
Totes awesome. My BFF's are going to be soooo super jelly.

MFKS
19-09-2014, 01:28 PM
So on a more important note who else famous did they get their pictures taken with???

Jeterpool
19-09-2014, 02:30 PM
I'm glad the club has updated us. Even if it doesn't say much it still tells us where we are at and stops speculation mounting

hausmann
19-09-2014, 02:40 PM
So the process will be:
1. Silence
2. BANG, here's your new owner. Hope your happy. Actually, don't honestly care. We outta here. BYE.

belchardo
19-09-2014, 03:53 PM
So the process will be:
1. Silence
2. BANG, here's your new owner. Hope your happy. Actually, don't honestly care. We outta here. BYE.

'we will not comment on "over water matters"'

http://images.smh.com.au/2013/07/08/4553474/art-Scott_Morrison-620x349.jpg

actually, I don't really have a problem with this approach. every business operates this way when looking at acquiring new assets (lol, assets)

GazFish35
19-09-2014, 04:18 PM

I cant help but think of this guy

plague
19-09-2014, 04:21 PM

I cant help but think of this guy

5 stars for you sir.

MFKS
23-10-2014, 07:42 AM
NATHAN Tinkler could be forced to hand control of the Newcastle Jets back to Football Federation Australia before the end of the year amid reports the embattled former billionaire faces tax debts of almost $40million.

Tinkler put the Jets up for sale in August, but the Newcastle Herald understands that the club’s financial situation is at crisis point and the time to find a buyer is running out. On a dramatic day for Newcastle’s A-League club, it emerged:

● The Australian Taxation Office has taken out two mortgages over four Tinkler stud farms which go to auction starting Thursday in an attempt to recoup nearly $40million in debt;

● British billionaire Marwan Koukash ruled out buying the Jets; and

● the club struggled to meet wage payments this month for coaching and ancillary staff.

The Herald has been told that, barring a miracle sale, FFA could assume control of the club by Christmas.

It was speculated that the sale of Tinkler’s Patinack Farm properties would reap $50million for the cash-strapped Singapore-based businessman.

But website Crikey has reported that the ATO has taken the unusual step of registering two mortgages over the stud farms following a recent deed of settlement with Tinkler. The mortgages were signed last month and in May, with one reportedly relating to a $20.1million debt, signed between the Tax Commissioner, Tinkler, a string of Patinack entities and the companies that own the Jets and formerly the Knights.

The other is for $19.5million and relates to other Tinkler Group and Patinack Farm entities.

Tinkler is also understood to still owe Gerry Harvey several million of an initial $40million after a dispersal sale of his racehorses last month netted $34million.

The ATO threatened to wind up the Jets in 2012 over a $1.063million debt.

Sources close to the situation confirmed that the current ATO debt was a significant issue for the future running of the Jets.

The Herald reported on Wednesday that the Jets had held preliminary talks with Koukash, who owns Salford Super League club and is keen to buy an NRL club.

But hopes that the former refugee, who is worth up to $3billion, might step in and save the Jets were dashed when he tweeted: ‘‘I have no interest in the Newcastle Jets.’’

Former Hunter Sports Group chief executive Troy Palmer, Jets boss Robbie Middleby and assistant coach Michael Bridges went on a sales pitch to the United Kingdom last month.

But any potential leads are unlikely to come to fruition in the immediate future.

The Jets’ cash-flow situation has not been helped by playing the opening four games away due to the resurfacing of Hunter Stadium.

Player wages are covered by $2.45million in grants from the FFA specifically for that purpose, but the Herald understands that the Jets struggled last week to meet coaching and ancillary staff wages due on the 15th of the month.

FFA has repeatedly assured Jets fans that if required it would prop up the club as long as needed.

The governing body stepped in when former owner Con Constantine could not meet player entitlements in September 2010 before Tinkler assumed ownership.

“FFA has been in regular contact with the Tinkler Group in light of the decision to seek new investors in the Newcastle Jets,” an FFA spokesperson told the Herald on Wednesday.

“We’ve been closely monitoring the situation in order to be satisfied that the football club would make a smooth start to the A-League, W-League and Youth League seasons.

“Despite the circumstances, the Jets management has given the coaches, players and team staff what they need to get on with the job of competing in the national competitions.”

Since the end of last season the Jets have cut costs dramatically, despite the transfer of midfielder Josh Brillante (Fiorentina) and striker Adam Taggart (Fulham) to European clubs for an estimated $700,000.

While the Jets’ situation is dire, any ongoing financial issues Tinkler has with the tax office have nothing to do with the Knights or the NRL, an NRL spokesman said.

‘‘There are no outstanding tax debts and Mr Tinkler has no debts with the NRL,’’ the NRL spokesman said.

Knights Members Club chairman Nicholas Dan was certain all outstanding debts were settled during the members club’s protracted settlement negotiations with the NRL and Tinkler’s Hunter Sports Group management company this year.

‘‘All of that was taken into account during our negotiations. They were the sorts of things everyone wanted to make sure were covered at the time,’’ Dan said.

The NRL took over from Tinkler and HSG as controlling owners of the Knights on June 14.

In a statement issued at that time, NRL chief executive Dave Smith said what was left of Tinkler’s $10.52million bank guarantee would be used to pay HSG’s ‘‘existing employee and supplier obligations and to provide $5.1million in start-up funds for the new club’’.

Been a few weeks without one of these stories

pv4
23-10-2014, 07:46 AM
Been a few weeks without one of these stories

Omfg MFAW if you're going to copy/paste the whole article at least supply the link for the people!

Here you go guys (http://tinyurl.com/2g9mqh)

MFKS
23-10-2014, 08:09 AM
Omfg MFAW if you're going to copy/paste the whole article at least supply the link for the people!

Here you go guys (http://tinyurl.com/2g9mqh)

WLG >> Couscous can **** off.

I ain't providing links to them on the basis he is the way he is with his need to link everything back to them. **** Him

snake
23-10-2014, 08:40 AM
maybe i should have purchased a membership. my $12.50 payment could have helped deansy through a rough patch

pv4
23-10-2014, 08:47 AM
maybe i should have purchased a membership. my $12.50 payment could have helped deansy through a rough patch

How is Bridges meant to update his twitter if he can't afford his internet bill ffs.

MFKS
23-10-2014, 08:54 AM

Deansy is gone. Centrelink are funding him now

snake
23-10-2014, 11:13 AM
How is Bridges meant to update his twitter if he can't afford his internet bill ffs.

hope he's on pre-paid :(

living the strayan' dream :cool::cool:

23-10-2014, 03:10 PM

So its fair to say he is getting paid his real worth.

Couscous
23-10-2014, 08:37 PM
WLG >> Couscous can **** off.

I ain't providing links to them on the basis he is the way he is with his need to link everything back to them. **** Him

Hi Member. How are you? I just discovered some interesting stats on the Voice of the Hunter:

https://cdn.fairfaxregional.com.au/support-images/Audience_Stats_December%202013.JPG

belchardo
23-10-2014, 09:05 PM
They don't seem to have a strong grasp of percentages. Surely:

percentage of readers earning $50k+ > percentage of readers earning $100k+.

GazFish35
23-10-2014, 09:36 PM
They don't seem to have a strong grasp of percentages. Surely:

percentage of readers earning $50k+ > percentage of readers earning $100k+.

Household income. Not individual income.

Couscous
23-10-2014, 10:04 PM
They don't seem to have a strong grasp of percentages. Surely: percentage of readers earning $50k+ > percentage of readers earning $100k+.

They meant "$50K to $75K".

In any event, I think it looks bad to say "only one in five of our print readers' households are $100K+", which is what they're saying. But maybe that's because I live in Canberra, where the streets are paved with gold and polished with the sweat of Newy taxpayers.

MFKS
24-10-2014, 07:36 AM
They meant "$50K to $75K".

In any event, I think it looks bad to say "only one in five of our print readers' households are $100K+", which is what they're saying. But maybe that's because I live in Canberra, where the streets are paved with gold and polished with the sweat of Newy taxpayers.

Shouldn't they be more careful then with the shit they write and get the things proof read by someone before distributing it to the masses??

I suppose you will now try telling us some Kiwi does the job??

MFKS
24-10-2014, 08:13 AM
JETS chief executive Robbie Middleby is concentrating on ensuring Newcastle’s A-League club runs as smoothly and successfully as possible and not allowing himself to be distracted by issues out of his control.

As revealed by the Newcastle Herald on Thursday, the Jets face an uncertain future amid reports embattled owner Nathan Tinkler faces tax debts of almost $40million.

The Herald has been told Tinkler is running out of time to find a buyer for the club, which has been on the market for two months, and could be forced to hand control over to Football Federation Australia by the end of the year.

‘‘I’m aware that the current owner is having discussions with the FFA about the ownership, and as far as I’m aware that will continue,’’ Middleby said. ‘‘My discussions with the FFA are about the day-to-day runnings of the club, and we’re comfortable where things are at.’’

The Herald reported on Thursday that the Jets had struggled to pay coaching and ancillary staff their wages this month. Payments are due on the 15th day of each month.

‘‘Everyone was paid on time this month. Ancillary staff, coaches, everyone was paid on time,’’ Middleby said.

Though he acknowledged the speculation about the club’s future was of concern, he insisted there was nothing to gain from worrying about issues he could not control.

The players and coach Phil Stubbins were focused on maintaining a positive attitude as they prepared for their away game against Wellington on Sunday,’’ he said.

‘‘Our main focus at the moment is the season,’’ Middleby said. ‘‘We’re two games in and that’s our focus, and I know that’s what the coaching staff, the players and the club are working towards.

‘‘What’s out of our hands is in the future, and who’s going to be the owner, but we’re comfortable that a positive outcome will be reached and that this club has a bright future.

‘‘As far as the ownership situation is concerned, I know that the current owner and the FFA are in regular dialogue about that. Me personally, I’m in regular dialogue with the FFA about the current situation, and I’m comfortable where things are at.’’

British billionaire Marwan Koukash, who owns UK Super League club Salford and has designs on owning a National Rugby League team, was touted as a possible Jets saviour, but he ruled himself out when he tweeted: ‘‘I have no interest in the Newcastle Jets.’’

Asked to explain, he tweeted: ‘‘For now my priority is RL.’’

The Crikey website has reported the Australian Taxation Office has registered two mortgages over four Tinkler stud farms after reaching a recent deed of settlement.

One of the mortgages reportedly relates to a debt of $20.1million, signed last month between the Tax Commissioner, Tinkler, five Patinack entities and the companies that own the Jets and formerly the Knights.

Another, for $19.5million, signed in May, relates to other Tinkler and Patinack entities.

The stud farms are being sold off, but the first of these, at Canungra in Queensland, passed in at auction yesterday.

Hello Couscous :violin:

Couscous
24-10-2014, 01:56 PM
I suppose you will now try telling us some Kiwi does the job??

Who do you think I am, some sort of Herald apologist*? I'm just a supporter of proper and correct attribution, comrade. I distrust those who mix their own words with others, without disclosing the provenance of their sources.

* But I do confess to being a Robert Dillon fan.

Jeterpool
04-11-2014, 01:46 PM
I don't know how I'd feel about this suggestion, because there would be an undoubted be a name change. I'd probably be against it, to be honest, but I wonder if we would be a potential opportunity for a company like Red Bull. They have a number of teams in various leagues and with the success of the Wanderers I wonder if they see another marker they can enter?

What do people think?

MFKS
04-11-2014, 01:49 PM
I don't know how I'd feel about this suggestion, because there would be an undoubted be a name change. I'd probably be against it, to be honest, but I wonder if we would be a potential opportunity for a company like Red Bull. They have a number of teams in various leagues and with the success of the Wanderers I wonder if they see another marker they can enter?

What do people think?

We change our colours name etc every couple of years anyway so change would not be a surprising thing if we were called the Newy Red Bulls etc.

As long as Middleby goes and we rid ourselves of GVE and get some competent governance I am in

Grimario
04-11-2014, 02:10 PM
Newcastle Red Bull.

Why the **** not?

MFKS
04-11-2014, 02:30 PM
Newcastle Red Bull.

Why the **** not?
???
As opposed to now where it is Newcastle Bull Shit

Grimario
04-11-2014, 02:34 PM
???
As opposed to now where it is Newcastle Bull Shit

Yeah, at least our Bull will have a colour if that happens.

Thomas477
04-11-2014, 02:36 PM
Well we can't go any further backwards, I'd take anyone.

sammydog
04-11-2014, 02:51 PM
I wouldn't be against it. I think there are advantages to being connected to a number of professional clubs around the world.

Changing the current home colours wouldn't bother me as I haven't got the attachment to it that I did to the gold. The Emerald and Cinnamon though, don't really want to see that taken away like the gold before it.

Would be nice to think that the Wanderers win has opened the eyes of potential investors.

joel31
04-11-2014, 03:22 PM
How would FFA regulations be, they don't allow any ethnic names what would let them allow an energy drink company?

joel31
04-11-2014, 03:23 PM
and no i don't want a name change

joel31
04-11-2014, 03:24 PM
I don't want to rebrand or start again. There has to be a better solution

joel31
04-11-2014, 03:24 PM
We just need a return to the gold, to the identity we had for the club

GazFish35
04-11-2014, 05:20 PM
Red Bull story to appear in herald

Premy
04-11-2014, 05:52 PM
Newcastle Saint Germain

Red Bull Newcastle Jets

Newcastle Tigers

Zenit Newcastle

Kawasaki Newcastle

Newcastle Sounders

Grimario
04-11-2014, 07:06 PM
Newcastle Saint Germain

Red Bull Newcastle Jets

Newcastle Tigers

Zenit Newcastle

Kawasaki Newcastle

Newcastle Sounders

Real Newcastle City Jets United Bull Young Boys

la bazzle
04-11-2014, 07:31 PM
It would be awesome

Jeterpool
04-11-2014, 09:14 PM
Red Bull story to appear in herald

It'll prove what we suspected.

GazFish35
04-11-2014, 09:18 PM
Complete rebadging if we get a new owner IMO.

City United Newcastle Team Sabertooths

lquiquer
04-11-2014, 09:27 PM
Newcastle Saint Germain

Red Bull Newcastle Jets

Newcastle Tigers

Zenit Newcastle

Kawasaki Newcastle

Newcastle Sounders

Grasshopper Club Newcastle

sammydog
04-11-2014, 09:30 PM
It'll prove what we suspected.

The story in the paper might get the attention of Red Bull and the story can grow from there.

Make it happen Herald.

MFKS
04-11-2014, 09:53 PM
Complete rebadging if we get a new owner IMO.

City United Newcastle Team Sabertooths
If we are going down the rebadging road we should name ourselves officially Newcastle Wholose.

Save time for the commentators and pundits and would actively reflect everything about our club

lquiquer
04-11-2014, 10:00 PM
One more: Millonarios Fútbol Club Newcastle :chant:

joel31
04-11-2014, 10:03 PM
Ashley should buy us and they can save money creating separate kits. Return to the old name Newcastle United

We've played in black and white before anyway

Premy
21-11-2014, 12:37 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2711494/tinkler-to-jet-off-on-a-league-junket/?cs=2439

q-money
21-11-2014, 12:46 AM
tinks :cool:

furns
21-11-2014, 01:51 AM
So Newy

goaliepersempre
21-11-2014, 05:10 AM
late to reading this but!!!!!!!!

**** OFF RED BULL..... If this would occur we would then be along the lines of most hated clubs in the world.... NEIN ZU RB.... **** off no no no no no no no no no no almost ragequit level.......

Jetmaster
21-11-2014, 09:15 AM
Tinks will probably try to sell to one of the royal family's kids for a few million in pocket money.

GazFish35
21-11-2014, 09:40 AM
can see it now....

sheikh is casually showing off his palatial grounds while tinkler is kicking in doors all over the place screaming "Where are all the topless chicks? We’re all male f-ckn chauvinists mate. How are we going to attract members?”

Skirt Boy
21-11-2014, 09:44 AM
late to reading this but!!!!!!!!

**** OFF RED BULL..... If this would occur we would then be along the lines of most hated clubs in the world.... NEIN ZU RB.... **** off no no no no no no no no no no almost ragequit level.......

Actually it could work. They may not even feel the need to change the teams name since we already have the colours of RB. We have ****ing Hornets on our badge. (RB gives you wings) ect ect.

From a marketing point of view it's already nailed.

plague
21-11-2014, 09:46 AM
Looking forward to Middleby getting selfies with members of the Royal Family.
http://cdn.thehairpin.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/prince2.jpg

goaliepersempre
21-11-2014, 10:06 AM
Actually it could work. They may not even feel the need to change the teams name since we already have the colours of RB. We have ****ing Hornets on our badge. (RB gives you wings) ect ect.

From a marketing point of view it's already nailed.

no no no no no no no no

if you spend anytime with football fans over here... its universal hate on it.....

check out each week of bundesliga 2 or in austria.... Hopp Austria Salzburg - Scheisse Redbull Salzburg

leftrightout
26-11-2014, 09:16 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2722221/jets-sponsor-locked-out-over-debt/?cs=12

Things just keep getting better! This is what happens when your broke owner sponsors his own team i guess!

Bremsstrahlung
26-11-2014, 10:11 AM
Imo, Ffa should step in sooner rather than later, otherwise there will be so much negative publicity, not easy/cheap to make people forget. Unless there's a buyer lined up...

Jeterpool
26-11-2014, 10:27 AM
Imo, Ffa should step in sooner rather than later, otherwise there will be so much negative publicity, not easy/cheap to make people forget. Unless there's a buyer lined up...

It's getting to that point, isn't it. Tinkler is almost, seemingly, making his ownership untenable for the competition to accept.

plague
26-11-2014, 12:43 PM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2722221/jets-sponsor-locked-out-over-debt/?cs=12

Things just keep getting better! This is what happens when your broke owner sponsors his own team i guess!

What's everyone shocked about.
Jets have been built on sand since day 1.

Thank you. Thank you very much.

Couscous
26-11-2014, 01:18 PM
FFS, give Tinks a break. At least let him finish enjoying a little Middle Eastern hospitality (and F1, etc.) before baying for a new owner. Tinks has deserved this little jaunt. Hold off until he gets back (to Singers).

Jeterpool
26-11-2014, 01:30 PM
FFS, give Tinks a break. At least let him finish enjoying a little Middle Eastern hospitality (and F1, etc.) before baying for a new owner. Tinks has deserved this little jaunt. Hold off until he gets back (to Singers).

Clearly you forgot this symbol :gent:

Honestly though, are you for real? The bloke doesn't want us anymore so why should we give him a break?

stormypete
26-11-2014, 01:40 PM
I know this might not make a lot of sense ??? but it's been one of the issues holding me back from buying a new playing strip.
The sponsor plastered all over it was deemed to a dubious Tinks enterprise right from the start ...

The Dunster
26-11-2014, 02:38 PM
What sort of price is Tinks asking for the Jets ?

Tommyjet
26-11-2014, 05:32 PM
I know this might not make a lot of sense ??? but it's been one of the issues holding me back from buying a new playing strip.
The sponsor plastered all over it was deemed to a dubious Tinks enterprise right from the start ...

Me too

Couscous
27-11-2014, 11:30 PM
Honestly though, are you for real?

Let S = the seriousness of Couscous's post

Let Nx = the number of Couscous's post, such that SN1 is the seriousness of his first post, SN2 the seriousness of his second, etc. through to SNL being the serious of his last post.

SNL = ( SN1 + SN2 + SN3 ... + SN(L-1) ) ÷ ( L - 1 )

furns
10-12-2014, 10:19 PM
renamed thread - put all ownership discussions in here

So........ Dundee United??? :wtf:

MFKS
10-12-2014, 10:33 PM
renamed thread - put all ownership discussions in here

So........ Dundee United??? :wtf:
Where you getting this from???

Gladys
10-12-2014, 10:35 PM
would be better than tinks, so...

Gladys
10-12-2014, 10:38 PM
Where you getting this from???

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/scottish-club-dundee-united-could-step-in-and-buy-struggling-a-league-club-newcastle-jets/story-e6frf4gl-1227151802207

plague
10-12-2014, 10:42 PM
Whole lotta nuthin innit?
No statements from anyone.
They visited a whole bunch of clubs.
Watched Newy get ass raped.
Lack of selfies say it wasn't a real trip.

Back to the Russians then.

Gladys
10-12-2014, 10:49 PM
Lack of selfies is definitely a let down.

MFKS
10-12-2014, 10:51 PM
Lack of selfies is definitely a let down.Not really.

Selfies = Inept

furns
11-12-2014, 02:54 AM
That didn't last long http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/dundee-united-deny-newcastle-jets-takeover-reports-1-3630498

Tommyjet
11-12-2014, 06:04 AM
That didn't last long http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/dundee-united-deny-newcastle-jets-takeover-reports-1-3630498

They are not actually denying it

hausmann
11-12-2014, 07:03 AM
Geez. not exactly world beaters. Can't help but feel this club is just being thrown on the scrap heap.

If we have gone from EPL, Spanish and German giants of football, selfies at Anfield and Old Trafford, to Dundee United, why are they not talking about community ownership models?

Tommyjet
11-12-2014, 07:38 AM
I read an article saying there was a third party involved too, consortium?

MFKS
11-12-2014, 07:41 AM
Blokes only worth 50million apparently. Wonder how long he will take to losing 1-2 million a season on the basketcase that is the financial reality of a HAL Club.

PFA have a lot to be blamed for with the current state of the game in this country with their greed ripping the game dry

hawk
11-12-2014, 09:53 AM
We could have the likes of Mctavish, McDonald and aaaahrctt trail blazing our pitch.

Community model looking more the likely. Our sponsors will completely cover shirts, shorts, socks, boots, skin, hair...

Grimario
11-12-2014, 10:00 AM
They are not actually denying it

Which ties in perfectly with the article that doesn't actually say they are buying us.

Menzieshill_Arab
11-12-2014, 11:43 AM
Which ties in perfectly with the article that doesn't actually say they are buying us.
There has been no denial from Dundee United in the local press here...

http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/sport/dundee-united/dundee-united-chairman-could-buyout-australian-football-club-1.729717

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-united/dundee-united-linked-with-purchase-of-australian-club-newcastle-jets-1.729712

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dundee-united-confirm-talks-club-4783331

Any more news down under ?

Tommyjet
11-12-2014, 11:50 AM
There has been no denial from Dundee United in the local press here...

http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/sport/dundee-united/dundee-united-chairman-could-buyout-australian-football-club-1.729717

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-united/dundee-united-linked-with-purchase-of-australian-club-newcastle-jets-1.729712

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dundee-united-confirm-talks-club-4783331

Any more news down under ?
I doubt the club will make a statement until it was official. If at all there is any truth in it the first place

Menzieshill_Arab
11-12-2014, 11:53 AM
I doubt the club will make a statement until it was official. If at all there is any truth in it the first place

Has a rough price ever been mentioned, on how much to buy out Newcastle Jets ?

ShedRuleIsAll
11-12-2014, 11:53 AM
Hey there, dundee united fan here, after all the recent news speculation i would like to say a couple of things, first off i know we arnt one of the big teams AKA Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United and so on and so forth and we arnt owned by an arabic oil tycoon but our owner is passionate about football but also about running a business and thats what he is doing at dundee united, every season we are turning profits and still playing very attractive and competitive football and no doubt he will want to do the same with you, Also there are no reports saying that you will be an affiliate to dundee united it might just be he wants to run you as a completely seperate club with no ties with Dundee United what so ever.:blah::blah::blah:

ShedRuleIsAll
11-12-2014, 11:54 AM
heard the owner was wanting 5 mil

Tommyjet
11-12-2014, 11:56 AM

Couple of rumours saying your chairman baulked at the $5 mill (Aus dollars) pricetag

Menzieshill_Arab
11-12-2014, 11:57 AM
heard the owner was wanting 5 mil

Need to sell Stretch first then !!!

Tommyjet
11-12-2014, 11:59 AM
Hey there, dundee united fan here, after all the recent news speculation i would like to say a couple of things, first off i know we arnt one of the big teams AKA Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United and so on and so forth and we arnt owned by an arabic oil tycoon but our owner is passionate about football but also about running a business and thats what he is doing at dundee united, every season we are turning profits and still playing very attractive and competitive football and no doubt he will want to do the same with you, Also there are no reports saying that you will be an affiliate to dundee united it might just be he wants to run you as a completely seperate club with no ties with Dundee United what so ever.:blah::blah::blah:
The main thing we fans are after, apart from a financially stable club, is a management overhaul. Thomson good at sacking people?

q-money
11-12-2014, 12:00 PM
sack em all thommo

boz-monaut
11-12-2014, 12:01 PM
will we play in orange?

will they change the name from Jets to Crocodiles?

Menzieshill_Arab
11-12-2014, 12:01 PM
Couple of rumours saying your chairman baulked at the $5 mill (Aus dollars) pricetag

Hmmmm...£2.75m............

ShedRuleIsAll
11-12-2014, 12:02 PM
not had to sack anyone yet but im sure he would if he had too

Menzieshill_Arab
11-12-2014, 12:02 PM
will we play in orange?

will they change the name from Jets to Crocodiles?

Tangerine mate ...........:argument:

Menzieshill_Arab
11-12-2014, 12:04 PM

Unlike his Father..... RIP

Menzieshill_Arab
11-12-2014, 12:09 PM
I hear its the Jets 10th anniversary...
Dundee United have just celebrated their 25th Anniversary on reaching the Uefa Cup Final, beating Barcalona on the way !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u9JTO75vn0&feature=youtu.be

MFKS
11-12-2014, 12:10 PM

If he hasn't I can assure you he will be getting plenty of ****ing practice.

I also find it hard to understand how he can run our club profitably being that our club has to have a minimum spend on wages as part of the League arrangements so we are basically gonna run at a loss every season unless we have spell of unqualified success to hold the fort for a few years of break even

Menzieshill_Arab
11-12-2014, 12:15 PM
If he hasn't I can assure you he will be getting plenty of ****ing practice.

I also find it hard to understand how he can run our club profitably being that our club has to have a minimum spend on wages as part of the League arrangements so we are basically gonna run at a loss every season unless we have spell of unqualified success to hold the fort for a few years of break even

Whats Jets average crowds like ?

Tommyjet
11-12-2014, 12:16 PM

10000-11000

plague
11-12-2014, 12:19 PM

yeah mate instead of buying the club to use for development your owner should just cherry pick any players he likes and take them.
Our CEO gives them away for free.
its awesome.

Beeen

drunk to legless.

Grimario

10000-11000

That's only because our season memberships are dirt cheap. If you bump it up another $60-70 which I think would put it up to league average, there'd be no way we get anywhere near that.

plague
11-12-2014, 12:21 PM
drunk to legless.

****ing cranky too at the moment.

Menzieshill_Arab
11-12-2014, 12:21 PM
drunk to legless.

LoL Love the Banter mate :roflz:

Menzieshill_Arab
11-12-2014, 12:24 PM
10000-11000

Well that's 2,000 more than Dundee Uniteds average gate, I`m sure he could turn that around....

lil_masi
11-12-2014, 12:33 PM
Well that's 2,000 more than Dundee Uniteds average gate, I`m sure he could turn that around....

Average crowds have been around 13k the last few years. But since we work on a finals system where 6 out of 10 teams make it and we've missed out the last 4 seasons finishing 7th most times, crowds are obviously going to suffer!

Alot of people are also disgruntled by our owner and CEO. The owner has never been a football lover, he was a mining magnate whose fortune is basically gone. He's trying to save on every cent he can, therefore the club is suffering.
He's come out and said "he cant wait to get rid of the jets".

ShedRuleIsAll
11-12-2014, 12:42 PM

whats the minimum amout you have to spend ?

MFKS
11-12-2014, 12:56 PM
whats the minimum amout you have to spend ?

About 90% of $2.55 million just on player salaries.

Even if we wish to trim costs we are still obliged to pay the minimum as part of Footballers Union agreement with the Football Governing body. We are also unable to exceed the $2.55 million if we wish to spend the max

sammydog
11-12-2014, 01:01 PM
There is about a 2.5m salary cap, but most of that if not all is paid for out of the leagues tv rights deal.

On top of that you can have an international, australian marquee player.

lil_masi
11-12-2014, 01:22 PM
There is about a 2.5m salary cap, but most of that if not all is paid for out of the leagues tv rights deal.

On top of that you can have an international, australian marquee player.

Every teams salary cap is covered by the tv deal as you said.

lquiquer
11-12-2014, 01:43 PM
@NewcastleJetsFC: Club statement on Newcastle Jets ownership http://t.co/Fx0MeOQd43 #NTUA

Why would Dundee be interested?

MFKS
11-12-2014, 01:50 PM
Be surprised if the Dundee Utd rumour now is not the real McCoy now they have come out with that.

The Middleby Out dream gets closer every day :yay:

Tommyjet
11-12-2014, 01:57 PM
Be surprised if the Dundee Utd rumour now is not the real McCoy now they have come out with that.

The Middleby Out dream gets closer every day :yay:

If it is true and happens, lets hope the new owner reviews every position in the club and act accordingly

joel31
11-12-2014, 02:15 PM
Please no to Dundee. The Scottish league besides Celtic is as bad as the A-League
As if Dundee have money
They would just be in it to get our better players

northern_swan
11-12-2014, 02:23 PM
Please no to Dundee. The Scottish league besides Celtic is as bad as the A-League
As if Dundee have money
They would just be in it to get our better players

Our better players you say...Who are they again? :sparring:

belchardo
11-12-2014, 03:25 PM
Our better players you say...Who are they again? :sparring:

oh well there's, um, and and and, um...

:D

hausmann
11-12-2014, 03:42 PM
If we have 10,000 members and each of us has a personal wealth of $5,000 then combined we have a wealth of $50m, same as owner of Dundee United.

Premy
11-12-2014, 07:01 PM
I hear its the Jets 10th anniversary...
Dundee United have just celebrated their 25th Anniversary on reaching the Uefa Cup Final, beating Barcalona on the way !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u9JTO75vn0&feature=youtu.be

Quick History lesson for you.
The Club as we know it now was form in 2000.
The footballing landscape is vastly different in Australia and Newcastle, Rugby League have a strangle hold on majority of the corporate dollars meaning the club's main revenue stream is the General Public and T.V rights.

Newcastle however does have a long and proud Footballing history dating back to the late 19th century when Scottish migrant workers formed one of the first football clubs in Australia the Minmi Rangers. Since the 1970's Football teams from Newcastle have been in and out of the National League generally drawing decent crowds sometimes finding on field success but being finacially stable has escape all of them.
All we need and seek to be successful is stability, if a passionate committed owner was to come in the Newcastle public would surely warm to them.

stopper2
11-12-2014, 07:19 PM
Quick History lesson for you.
The Club as we know it now was form in 2000.
The footballing landscape is vastly different in Australia and Newcastle, Rugby League have a strangle hold on majority of the corporate dollars meaning the club's main revenue stream is the General Public and T.V rights.

Newcastle however does have a long and proud Footballing history dating back to the late 19th century when Scottish migrant workers formed one of the first football clubs in Australia the Minmi Rangers. Since the 1970's Football teams from Newcastle have been in and out of the National League generally drawing decent crowds sometimes finding on field success but being finacially stable has escape all of them.
All we need and seek to be successful is stability, if a passionate committed owner was to come in the Newcastle public would surely warm to them.

Good summisation in a few lines but I disagree with "Football teams from Newcastle have been in and out of the National League".....there have been a few reincarnations but apart from a period between 1987-1991 there has always been a team representing Newcastle at National level. The Breakers also do not take part in the 94/95 season.

Premy
11-12-2014, 07:43 PM
Good summisation in a few lines but I disagree with "Football teams from Newcastle have been in and out of the National League".....there have been a few reincarnations but apart from a period between 1987-1991 there has always been a team representing Newcastle at National level. The Breakers also do not take part in the 94/95 season.
Cheers.
That's what I was trying to get at but didn't want to go to far in to it.

Jeterpool
12-12-2014, 08:45 AM
Been off the foz for a few days due to work travel.

I don't mind the link to Dundee. We'd be looking at people who know football, who can run a club in a league with tough conditions and appear to be able to run the club as a business as well.

I would welcome our tangerine overlords.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
12-12-2014, 10:37 AM
Been off the foz for a few days due to work travel.

I don't mind the link to Dundee. We'd be looking at people who know football, who can run a club in a league with tough conditions and appear to be able to run the club as a business as well.

I would welcome our tangerine overlords.

I would tend to agree. They seem (from my limited knowledge) to run their club sustainably and efficiently in a tough environment. It sounds like exactly what we need.

Tommyjet
12-12-2014, 11:15 AM
I'm interested in this 'third party' that the herald and another publication has rumoured to be involved.
While a bigger richer club would be idealistic, I'd be very happy with a ownership model involving Dundee, third party( ideally a wealthy local businessman) and even an element of community ownership.
Not sure Dundee by itself would be able to provide the occasional marquee, better coaches, back room staff etc

lquiquer
12-12-2014, 11:25 AM
The way our genius management team does business you'll find that the third party they trying to get to the table is Dundee FC :whistling:

WolfMan
12-12-2014, 03:04 PM
The way our genius management team does business you'll find that the third party they trying to get to the table is Dundee FC :whistling:

Well then they could truly say we were owned by Dundee, United…

Jetmaster
12-12-2014, 04:11 PM
Dundee will know who we are, as KB United kicked their butt here in 1978.

Xander
13-12-2014, 04:02 PM
Saw this on Twitter ... Tinkler draining a beer with all his Perth mates. Which club does he own again?

Nacho nacho man, I want to be a nacho man!... I laugh so I don't cry.

https://twitter.com/AtomicElbow/status/543538879991513088

Pico
13-12-2014, 04:46 PM
The look on old loves face to the left of tinks pretty much sums up most Jets fans mood with the big man at the moment.

belchardo
13-12-2014, 05:51 PM
apparently he gave a pep talk before the game. clearly worked. maybe he can start a motivational speaking tour to make some dosh.

q-money
13-12-2014, 05:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thWqNof5nXA

Couscous
13-12-2014, 11:04 PM
^ I am legit in tears. Laughing for minutes.

coastiehater
19-12-2014, 03:14 PM
today on the herald lowedown blog

David Lowe:
I heard a rumour from a good source about a week ago suggesting that the Jets would announce a buyer before Christmas. Haven't heard any whispers since, do you think we could be in for the biggest surprise present in Christmas history?

Jeterpool
19-12-2014, 06:25 PM
Oh I hope so!!!

Tommyjet
19-12-2014, 06:40 PM
Please be true

furns
20-12-2014, 02:19 AM
It was mentioned on one of the podcasts I listen to (can't remember if it was SST or ABC) that Dundee weren't interested in playing the $5mil price tag that Tinks wants. They would only take on the $1.8mil of debt that is currently apparently on the clubs books.

20-12-2014, 02:25 AM
so Tinklers top prise is 5mill and Dundees bottom price is 1.8mill ....BIT LIKE SELLING A CAR REALLY meet in the middle and cut all the bull shit!!

Skirt Boy
20-12-2014, 11:29 AM
Add to all this we won so the price is no 10 mil.

ToddG NBUnited
29-12-2014, 04:03 PM
Is it back down to $5mil now? As someone mentioned earlier, Dundee was first involved in football in Newcastle in 1978 when they played a match against KB United.

Tommyjet
29-12-2014, 04:24 PM
Yeah thompson (dundee utd owner) baulking at $5mil price tag apparently.

Interesting piece in today's herald about andy Roberts and his partners ties to dundee. Would of be interesting for him visiting the ground and everything in his jets gear had the story broke before or while he was over there.

ToddG NBUnited
29-12-2014, 06:43 PM
The game that KB United played was against Dundee FC not Dundee United.

Couscous
29-12-2014, 07:43 PM
Is it back down to $5mil now? As someone mentioned earlier, Dundee was first involved in football in Newcastle in 1978 when they played a match against KB United.

You were ripped off.

Merlot
08-01-2015, 03:51 PM
I'm not convinced it will happen, however it could still be possible. We're mentioned towards the end.
http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/sport/dundee-united/thompson-dundee-united-are-back-in-the-black-but-life-will-never-be-easy-in-football-1.773102

Tommyjet
08-01-2015, 05:17 PM
I'd like to see it happen because I occasionally look up the dundee united forums (since they became an option) and there is a mariners/dundee fan that blows his stack every time there is an article posted saying a deal could happen. I reckon the way he carries on it would simply be too much for him if we got bought out by dundee utd.

joel31
08-01-2015, 05:35 PM
I'd like to see it happen because I occasionally look up the dundee united forums (since they became an option) and there is a mariners/dundee fan that blows his stack every time there is an article posted saying a deal could happen. I reckon the way he carries on it would simply be too much for him if we got bought out by dundee utd.
Don't lie. The Mariners don't have fans who have access to the internet

Grimario
08-01-2015, 05:37 PM

Can't be a gypo fan, they don't have electricity there. Must be a Grimsby Town FC Mariners fan.

Tommyjet
08-01-2015, 06:26 PM
Hehe, whoever he supports, massive butthurt whenever jets and dundee mentioned together in an article

Thomas477
09-01-2015, 10:45 PM
All hail our new chairman.