PDA

View Full Version : Insert Name Here aka The Ownership Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

hausmann
02-02-2015, 11:51 AM
If Tinkler has gone down the performance management track with Zane, Packer and Young then he could theoretically sack them as he has. If their position is REDUNDANT then he could simply give them 4 weeks notice and put them on gardening leave. It all depends on what was contained within the contract they signed.

Hard to make an assistant coach redundant, especially when you are supposedly replacing him with Mark Jones. Tinkler states that Zane was sacked because of a breakdown in relationship, not changing positions. Zane saying their working relationship was fine and it came as a surprise, so I don't think they have gone down either the performance management road or the redundancy road fully. Tinks just sacked them.

Neil Young is easier to claim redundancy, with Van Stratten acting as player/goalkeeping coach. But he probably didn't have as tight a contract as Zane anyway, who states that he used his time at the acting head coach to secure the 2 year contract and guarantee his future.

Tinks said in the interview, "I don't know the legal ins and outs". He just makes a decision and leaves others to deal with the fallout and pull him through it.

Jetmaster
02-02-2015, 12:03 PM
You can't be sacked on poor performance just like that - the issues are to be raised with the employee given the opportunity to address areas of concern, usually via a three month action plan.

Tinks ignores basic workplace relations, always has.

belchardo
02-02-2015, 12:28 PM
The entire interview was as soft as you could go, even the non-soft serve questions that were asked were answered poorly and allowed to slide. The entire SBS acting as Tinklers mouth piece throughout the Asian Cup just stinks of bitterness that SBS wasn’t awarded the broadcast rights, why else would they time every single one of the releases to coincide with sooceroos performances.

I'm not sure it's bitterness that's driving SBS agenda here. I think they just see a great story and they've got the inside running on it.

good on them from a business point of view, but yeah, the tinkler mouthpiece thing is getting a bit tired.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/249/8/3/the_mouth_of_sauron_by_theladymorgana-d5du6zw.jpg

Tommyjet
02-02-2015, 01:44 PM
NATHAN Tinkler must convince Football Federation Australia that the Newcastle Jets are a viable concern at a last-chance meeting in Sydney on Monday as it emerged the club may not have enough players to meet A-League regulations.

The Jets owner and chairman will meet FFA chief executive David Gallop, chief financial controller John Kelly and A-League boss Damien de Bohun at the governing body’s headquarters.

Mr Tinkler missed Saturday’s deadline to pay debts and address operational issues tabled by the FFA.

‘‘The Hunter Sports Group gave undertakings to FFA last month about the Jets’ finances, personnel and structure of the club,’’ an FFA spokesperson said. ‘‘The undertakings represent the immediate steps required to bring some stability to the Jets operation.

‘‘Nothing has changed in the past 24 hours. The situation is critical, and FFA’s senior management plans to urgently discuss matters with HSG regarding next steps.’’

It is understood the Jets’ immediate liabilities, which include $140,000 to Northern NSW Football and unpaid superannuation to players and staff, are well over the $500,000 previously reported.

Staffing levels are also below A-League standard requirements.

The FFA has repeatedly stated that Newcastle is essential to the A-League, but whether the club remains under Mr Tinkler is doubtful. If the former billionaire is unable to demonstrate on Monday an ability to pay the debts and appoint key personnel, the FFA has the power to revoke the Jets’ A-League licence. The first step in that process would be issuing a show-cause notice.

In a chaotic week, the Jets moved on Wednesday to sack five players, which would leave them with 13 contracted senior players.

Former Olyroos winger Travis Cooper has joined the squad as an injury replacement for James Virgili (broken ankle).

Defender Daniel Mullen has signed until the end of the season, and the Jets are close to finalising contracts with South Korean defender Lee Ki-je and veteran keeper Jesse Vanstrattan.

If those deals are completed, the Jets will still be below the minimum 20 players stipulated in the regulations before Friday’s visit by the Brisbane Roar.

Jets chief executive Robbie Middleby and chairman Ray Baartz resigned on January 8, two days before Mr Tinkler took the club off the market.

Their departure was followed by the axing of assistant coach Clayton Zane, goalkeeping coach Neil Young and trainer Andrew Packer on Wednesday. Michael Bridges (assistant coach) resigned two days later.

Youth team coach James Pascoe assisted coach Phil Stubbins at training on Friday. Former Jets assistant coach Mark Jones is expected to join the club this week.

Adding to the upheaval, the club has taken action to terminate the contracts of senior players Kew Jaliens, Joel Griffiths, David Carney, Adrian Madaschi and Billy Celeski.

Their dismissals came after a meeting of all the players in which they told Stubbins they had lost respect for him, were frustrated with his training methods and team selections and would not play for him.

The Jets have recorded one win in 15 games. The situation reached boiling point after the 7-0 capitulation to Adelaide nine days ago.

In an interview with The World Game website, Mr Tinkler said a draft contract had been sent to a new chief executive and ruled out further sackings. He outlined, but did not provide details of, a five-year plan to transform the Jets into a powerhouse.

The new direction comes five months after Mr Tinkler declared the club was for sale, saying he ‘‘can’t wait to get them out the door’’.

Tommyjet
02-02-2015, 01:45 PM
From sbs I think

Tommyjet
02-02-2015, 01:46 PM
THE senior players exiled by the Newcastle Jets will not leave the club until they are guaranteed the money Nathan Tinkler owes them.

Captain Kew Jaliens, 2008 grand final hero Joel Griffiths, David Carney, Adrian Madaschi and Billy Celeski were told on Wednesday night that their contracts would be terminated.

The cull followed the dismissal earlier in the day of assistant coach Clayton Zane, goalkeeping coach Neil Young and trainer Andrew Packer.

Assistant coach and former captain Michael Bridges resigned on Friday over how the sackings were handled.

The players are not welcome at training but are still awaiting amended termination offers from the club.

The Professional Footballers Australia players union received drafts of the offers on Friday but has requested alterations and inclusions.

The five sacked players: From left; Kew Jaliens, Joel Griffiths, David Carney, Adrian Madaschi and Billy Celeski.

‘‘The standard termination form does not provide the additional protection the players are seeking with regards to salary and outstanding statutory obligations, including super,’’ PFA chief executive Adam Vivian told the Newcastle Herald.

‘‘They want protection in the document so that, if they decided to accept the offer, they can sign it in the confidence that those entitlements will be met.

‘‘We wrote to the club on Saturday and again today to try and finalise those clauses.

‘‘We are awaiting a response.

‘‘At this stage no player has accepted the termination, nor will they enter into meaningful discussions with their agents and families until we get the requisite clauses ironed out.’’

Tinkler was not available for comment on Sunday.

In an interview on The World Game website on Saturday, the mining tycoon said ‘‘the amounts are agreed and the players will move on’’.

WATCH THE SBS INTERVIEW WITH TINKLER HERE.

‘‘I’m not trying to rip anyone off. The club is going in a different direction,’’ he said.

Jaliens, Griffiths, Madaschi and Celeski are off contract at the end of the season.

The offer to the four is for mutual termination, which requires the players to agree.

But Tinkler was adamant the players would not be at the club under any circumstances.

‘‘Those players are no longer part of the club,’’ he said.

‘‘We are paying them out. They have no say in it. That is it. They are moving on.’’

Vivian rejected Tinkler’s comments.

‘‘The reality is that they are still employees of the club,’’ he said. ‘‘They have not agreed to a termination, firstly.

‘‘Secondly, you cannot unilaterally terminate without just cause. This is about a mutual termination.

‘‘It is fine for the Jets to present their position that they don’t want the players there, but there has to be a lawful process taken. That is basic workplace relations.’’

Carney has another season to run on his deal. After initially offering to pay out the final 18 months of his contract, the Jets moved to sack him, with no payout, over three alleged breaches.

‘‘David has been issued two breaches, which he has accepted,’’ Vivian said. ‘‘The third one we have rejected in writing.

‘‘I did speak to Nathan, and he advised that he will formally respond early this week.’’

If an agreement cannot be reached, the matter is likely to go to arbitration and could take weeks to finalise.

lquiquer
02-02-2015, 01:53 PM
Oh man I can't wait to see who our next CEO will be?......

Pico
02-02-2015, 02:58 PM
CEO tip Archie Fraser

hausmann
02-02-2015, 03:08 PM
CEO tip Archie Fraser

Will probably be someone in sports administration who has wanted to be in an A-League club for ages with no gigs available. Like an administrative Mark Jones. Happy to get the gig despite the potential risk.

LiverJet
02-02-2015, 03:12 PM
Any idea what time the meeting between tinkler and the ffa was meant to be?

MFKS
02-02-2015, 07:40 PM
So what the **** is going on??

Tinks never paid his bills the FFA had the predicted opportunity to step in and boot his arse out yet the day has more or less passed and no action and **** all media reports on the issue at all.

Remind me again who of you were putting your faith in the FFA as being a competent organisation???

lil_masi
02-02-2015, 07:47 PM

Tinks never paid his bills the FFA had the predicted opportunity to step in and boot his arse out yet the day has more or less passed and no action and **** all media reports on the issue at all.

Remind me again who of you were putting your faith in the FFA as being a competent organisation???

Show cause has now been given

westjet
02-02-2015, 07:49 PM

Newcastle Jets in crisis: FFA serve Nathan Tinkler a formal notice of club’s financial state
Barry Toohey The Daily Telegraph February 02, 2015 6:06PM

NATHAN Tinkler’s future as owner of the Newcastle Jets appears on borrowed time after he was asked to show cause why his A-League licence should not be revoked following a meeting with FFA officials on Monday.

The meeting was called after the former billionaire mining magnate failed to meet an FFA deadline of last Saturday to have substantial debts paid and administrative issues dealt with at the club.

The FFA issued a short statement following the meeting which reads:

“FFA today held another round of talks with Nathan Tinkler and received assurances about his intention to recapitalise the Newcastle Jets and comprehensively address urgent issues in the club’s operation,” an FFA spokesman said.

“FFA advised the Jets that it has decided to give the club a formal notice in relation to its financial state. The Jets will be given a short period to respond to the formal notice.”

The FFA has not stipulated publicly how long the “short period” of time is for Tinkler to respond to the notice.

The club is in disarray after Tinkler sacked five senior players and three coaching staff last Wednesday after reacting savagely to the Jets’ poor season and a player coup to oust coach Phil Stubbins.

The sacked players — David Carney, Kew Jaliens, Joel Griffiths, Billy Celeski and Adrian Madaschi — remain on the club’s books with the PFA union disputing their terminations.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/newcastle-jets-in-crisis-ffa-serve-nathan-tinkler-a-formal-notice-of-clubs-financial-state/story-e6frf4ic-1227205440658?sv=65a2cd2b4463980c3b9057948cf8c5c8# itm_s=foxs&itm_t=home&itm_c=content-3&itm_o=4&itm_l=Fox%20Feed%20-%20Tinkler on notice after FFA meeting

Blackmac79
02-02-2015, 08:01 PM
Griff will come through this as a hero.

MFKS
02-02-2015, 08:24 PM
Griff will come through this as a hero.
Of course he will

Comes back to play for us after his unfair banishment and overcoming the obstacles in his way and he will make the legend grow.
Never plays for us again due to his unfair banishment and that will make the legend grow.

Griff is the hero either way

MFKS
02-02-2015, 08:28 PM
Show cause has now been given

So basically they have given Tinkler more time to get the house in order and pay the bills if he so desires and have delayed the chance of any resolution to our situation anytime soon??

If he is serious with his claim on keeping the club the FFA giving him an extension is rather generous and undeserving to pay the Super and NNSW the money he owes them

lil_masi
02-02-2015, 08:37 PM
So basically they have given Tinkler more time to get the house in order and pay the bills if he so desires and have delayed the chance of any resolution to our situation anytime soon??

If he is serious with his claim on keeping the club the FFA giving him an extension is rather generous and undeserving to pay the Super and NNSW the money he owes them

Must be the process. 14 days is apparently the magic number

Premy
02-02-2015, 08:40 PM

No
In layman's terms they have asked him to show why he hasn't paid his debts, if they feel the answer given is unsatisfactory then they will strip him of the license. It's all due process dotting the I's crossing the T's, be patient and keep the faith.

plague
02-02-2015, 09:01 PM

Look at the Member, all waiting for Gallop and Seal Team 6 to go all Bin Laden on old Tinks.
Settle down old son.

GazFish35
02-02-2015, 09:26 PM

Please don't tell me you expected this sorted quickly, the first business day after we became asian champions.

FFA were working behind the scenes for weeks to line Tinkler up in preparation to boot Con.
They're lining their ducks up. Give them time.

R Ramjet
02-02-2015, 09:36 PM
I don't have the link but they said on 2GB radio in Sydney that if tinkler doesn't pay all outstanding debts tonight then FFA will take the Jets licence off him at 9am tomorrow. Sounds a bit quick to me but fingers crossed its true #byebyebigman #stinkyalater

MFKS
02-02-2015, 09:48 PM
Please don't tell me you expected this sorted quickly, the first business day after we became asian champions.

FFA were working behind the scenes for weeks to line Tinkler up in preparation to boot Con.
They're lining their ducks up. Give them time.

I actually expected some action today from the FFA instead of an extension to Tinkler to get his house in order.

They have avoided dealing with this for the last couple of weeks due to the Asian Cup.

Today their focus should be back squarely on the pressing matters in this country like this that they have avoided for the last few weeks. Whether they wished to sit in their upmarket Sydney offices tugging off over winning the Asian Cup or not they need to be back on the horse ASAP as now is not the time to be living the glory etc

As for lining their ducks up shouldn't the ducks have been lined up by now and ready to go??

It ain't like Tinkler just started ****ing the Jets around on the weekend
It ain't like Tinkler has been a disaster waiting to happen for months.

Where the **** is the contingency plan they should have had ready to go cause you would think good management would sense problems from at least one of the umpteen occasions Gallop has had to utter the we are monitoring the situation at the Jets intently every time Tinkler has had to deal with his untold bad press with his business dealings in the last few years???

You might think I am going off the deep end cause I love going off the deep end head first but these are serious questions and concerns that leave me wondering what the **** they are actually doing.

GazFish35
02-02-2015, 09:54 PM
What are they doing?

Probably....

Setting up a buyer.
Making sure any move they make can't be overturned.
Avoiding going off half cocked like Tinkler does.

Raw Boned Youngster
02-02-2015, 10:01 PM
No
In layman's terms they have asked him to show why he hasn't paid his debts, if they feel the answer given is unsatisfactory then they will strip him of the license. It's all due process dotting the I's crossing the T's, be patient and keep the faith.
Tinks will ask his wife, the holder of his folding, to cough up the readies.

Couscous
02-02-2015, 10:03 PM
@SocStoppageTime: Stealth and #SST will tomorrow reveal which A-League Club is days away from finalising a partnership agreement with a Premier League team
EPL or SPL?EPL or SPL?
I struggled to understand much of what was said on Soccer Stoppage Time, as the hosts don't use English as we know it.

But the agreement is allegedly between Everton and the gypos. I think.

lquiquer
02-02-2015, 10:05 PM
Tinks will ask his wife, the holder of his folding, to cough up the readies.

The PA incident could prove a problem here

furns
02-02-2015, 10:17 PM
I struggled to understand much of what was said on Soccer Stoppage Time, as the hosts don't use English as we know it.

But the agreement is allegedly between Everton and the gypos. I think.lol
Two clubs with no money, this can only be a good thing

MFKS
02-02-2015, 10:22 PM
What are they doing?

Probably....

Setting up a buyer.
Making sure any move they make can't be overturned.
Avoiding going off half cocked like Tinkler does.

Why do they need to set up a buyer NOW??
Surely getting our ownership right is imperative for the long term and it is completely incorrect for a short term marriage of convenience shot gun wedding etc.
Where exactly is the due diligence?? Look what happened last time the FFA tried arranging a shotgun wedding for us when they ousted Con?? Who's to say this bloke from Dundee may not be as committed as we hope he is in 2 years time??

Surely the go would be to stabilise the club and hold on to it for a period of time assessing the options and then finding the right fit?? It ain't like they can't make any money off it either as the Heart/Wankers sales have shown that money can be made

As for making sure their moves ain't overturned then if they are worried about legal action from Tinkler surely their licence agreements need to be looked at from their end as after Tinkler and Palmers shenanigans they need to be a bit more secure in the FFA's favour to prevent a repeat elsewhere??

As for going off half cocked pretty certain they have already shown a degree of ridiculous patience. The farcical way Tinkler treated 5 players and 3 coaches under contract last week should have seen action on some front taken by the end of the week.

Raw Boned Youngster
02-02-2015, 10:30 PM
what interest would the guy from Dundee have in making our club a success? reading between the lines, he likes Australian talent and he probably sees the club as a shop window to prop up his club at a bargain price and to make a buck by onselling. Dont know that a successful Jets would be a priority- more a potential production line. He should check out our talent first though.

GazFish35
02-02-2015, 10:41 PM
Why do they need to set up a buyer NOW??
Surely getting our ownership right is imperative for the long term and it is completely incorrect for a short term marriage of convenience shot gun wedding etc.
Where exactly is the due diligence?? Look what happened last time the FFA tried arranging a shotgun wedding for us when they ousted Con?? Who's to say this bloke from Dundee may not be as committed as we hope he is in 2 years time??

Surely the go would be to stabilise the club and hold on to it for a period of time assessing the options and then finding the right fit?? It ain't like they can't make any money off it either as the Heart/Wankers sales have shown that money can be made

As for making sure their moves ain't overturned then if they are worried about legal action from Tinkler surely their licence agreements need to be looked at from their end as after Tinkler and Palmers shenanigans they need to be a bit more secure in the FFA's favour to prevent a repeat elsewhere??

As for going off half cocked pretty certain they have already shown a degree of ridiculous patience. The farcical way Tinkler treated 5 players and 3 coaches under contract last week should have seen action on some front taken by the end of the week.

Save money
Doing due diligence for past few months
AFC not keen on FFA owning clubs, creates conflict on interest, doesn't help us maintain a CL spots.
I reckon they have, but they'd still have a process they need to follow.
Action has been taken, remember though the media need to be played in this thing too.
By not jumping to it, they stop playing the game Tinkler was trying to, when he kept breaking stories during acl games.
They're letting hm know it'll be done on their terms, not his.

Pico
02-02-2015, 11:55 PM
The show cause notice is not an extension it's the final step, first they have to set the benchmarks, 31st deadline, then they need to issue the legal show cause for failing to hit the deadline, he's has a right of reply, then they can hit him with the list of material breaches of the salary cap and elect to withdraw the license as per the participation agreement.

People need to lay off the hysteria and realise the FFA is going about things in due process to ensure once they take the license thinks won't be able to do shit, he'll still have the company debts and the FFA can sell/award the license to a new ownership group debt free.

sammydog
02-02-2015, 11:57 PM
The show cause notice is not an extension it's the final step, first they have to set the benchmarks, 31st deadline, then they need to issue the legal show cause for failing to hit the deadline, he's has a right of reply, then they can hit him with the list of material breaches of the salary cap and elect to withdraw the license as per the participation agreement.

People need to lay off the hysteria and realise the FFA is going about things in due process to ensure once they take the license thinks won't be able to do shit, he'll still have the company debts and the FFA can sell/award the license to a new ownership group debt free.

Bang on the money.

Id rather they do this right the first time. Our season is shot either way, lets not have the FFA **** up the taking back of the club just to make it happen quickly.

There is a process to be followed and I don't want to see them skip any steps.

hawk
03-02-2015, 12:08 AM
listen to all these due diligence sooks & hysteria haters. patriots all the way ya convicts

Premy
03-02-2015, 08:31 AM
Andy Paschalidis on Big Sports Breakfast just said Thompson is in Australia!!!

Beeen
03-02-2015, 09:15 AM
If a deal is to be done, i believe it would be with Stephen Thompson and not Dundee United FC. From all reports, Thompson is an astute businessman interested in relocating to Australia, who through the sale of a few of their players, have put the club in the black which it was close to administration. It's hard to see us having a financial connection to Dundee United.

howardyou
03-02-2015, 10:03 AM
Hey Member, have you ever played Chess? It's just like that. Don't attack until all of your pieces are in place.

Otherwise it backfires on you.

borat
03-02-2015, 12:41 PM

Yeah they probably read that in todays herald

borat
03-02-2015, 12:42 PM
Hey Member, have you ever played Chess? It's just like that. Don't attack until all of your pieces are in place.

This will go 2 ways. Either Tinks is skint and the FFA go in for the kill or Tinks pull the money out of a Gerry Harvey hat, which he has done many times before, and the FFA completely back off

militiamon
03-02-2015, 01:25 PM

:rof:

That's a new one. Wonder if the big V, Viswanathan Anand, follows this strategy.

hausmann
03-02-2015, 02:43 PM
If Tinks wins the castle will crumble.

I think Tinkler has done enough to completely divide the supporter base with this move. Given the amount of angst shown, I think many won't return if he wins. The rest are in for more of the same in the long term (although you can never tell in the short term - ruthless tactics sometimes have a motivational effect).

The club certainly won't have a sense of community about it, and that is one of the main attractions for me, a feeling of belonging. It has never been there with HSG. Some people don't care about this, and I guess they'll stick around.

militiamon
03-02-2015, 03:09 PM
Agreed hausmon.

And imagine if we had to pay real membership prices to watch Jets games these days. Holey dooley.

Reckon we'd be witnessing quite a few 4,000 person games right about now.

pv4
03-02-2015, 03:12 PM
I think Tinkler has done enough to completely divide the supporter base with this move.

You're not wrong there! For proof, just go over to the Squad thread! :rof:

plague
03-02-2015, 03:31 PM

Andy P is the worst news breaker in the history of everything.
Bloke don't know shit.

borat
03-02-2015, 05:16 PM

What do you make of the licence fee and the lack of process and guidelines as to how that was applied to Tinks? By rights he shouldn't have a leg to stand on but I can see this as a potential argument in any injunction.

With Con he never paid a cent for it so I can see the issue of property rights and what Tinkler bought for his money being an issue. Tinkler could prove that regs within the participation agreement are being applied to him unfairly as opposed to others. An example being the unpaid Super being part of the liabilities when the gypos down the road have been doing the same.

The other point I think he will argue in favour of his injunction will be that the actions he is taking are normal administrative functions such as replacing poorly performing staff. Clive completely shot himself in the foot by attempting to set up his Football Australia. It could easily be concluded the damage he was causing to the HAL as he openly was trying to replace the governing body.

Pico
03-02-2015, 07:10 PM
Simply put, its a franchise league with the FFA acting as the holder of the IP rights for each franchise and a very strict legal document dictating the franchisees roles and responsibilities. The breaches won't be looked at in isolation, the FFA will be able to draw examples of previous tax debts and wind up applications, as evidence that they have tried working through the issues with the franchise owner and that he continually strays from the club participation agreement and that this culminated in the current crisis position of the club forcing the FFA to revoke the license to protect their IP and minimise any further damage to the club, the IP and ensure compliance of the clubs & FFA's contractual obligations under the CBA.

It could be argued that Tinkler got what he paid for, an established club, with contracted players, an active membership base to build from and a previous championship winning club. That's a hell of a lot more to start with then what con had. Con was starting fresh building the franchise, ultimately he was going to face more challenges establishing the brand and building a memebership base and the cost implications for that process. Any one can see that value had been built into the FFA's IP based on the work that con had done, if con had not breached his license terms he would have been within his rights to sell the license with a value based on what he'd built. Once the FFA revoked the license it still held a value and of course if you have a buyer willing to pay your asking price you sell.

The value of anything is the maximum a purchaser is willing to spend end of, Tinkler agreed and was willing.

The only thing that muddies the water, in my eyes, is the fact that Ken Edwards was involved on both sides and was rumoured to receive a commission from the FFA pending the successful sale, conflict of interest yes, but I dare say Ken Edwards was involved with the FFA pitching the sale prior to jumping into bed with Tinks, so again just more evidence of Tinkler not doing his due diligence.

hawk
03-02-2015, 07:25 PM
If Tinks wins the castle will crumble.

I think Tinkler has done enough to completely divide the supporter base with this move. Given the amount of angst shown, I think many won't return if he wins. The rest are in for more of the same in the long term (although you can never tell in the short term - ruthless tactics sometimes have a motivational effect).

The club certainly won't have a sense of community about it, and that is one of the main attractions for me, a feeling of belonging. It has never been there with HSG. Some people don't care about this, and I guess they'll stick around.

agree, if he stays it will be worth nothing. There are many diehard fans willing to walk now. Its not like an owner who buys the odd crap player so he cops a bit of flack, its a total dislike between him & most people within Newcastle.

Tommyjet
04-02-2015, 10:12 AM
https://twitter.com/theworldgame/status/562730599077920769

Explosive stuff.

hausmann
04-02-2015, 10:22 AM

Explosive stuff.

Gloves are off. FFA certainly cannot back down.

He's talking to everyone except the Herald. And this is meant to convince us that he is the right man for the job, who can work with the FFA going forward? A man who can hold a grudge.

Grimario
04-02-2015, 10:44 AM

Explosive stuff.

I like that he doesn't mention how he got the licence in the first place where the FFA did exactly the same to Con.

Couscous
04-02-2015, 11:12 AM
Serious question. Who are Tink's lawyers? Who'd work for him?

http://api.news.com.au/content/1.0/couriermail/images/1226687498308?format=jpg&group=iphone&size=medium

plague
04-02-2015, 11:23 AM

Law firms fall over themselves to get involved in high profile cases.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
04-02-2015, 11:23 AM

Explosive stuff.

Desperate words from a desperate man. Just **** off you peanut.

04-02-2015, 12:17 PM

http://api.news.com.au/content/1.0/couriermail/images/1226687498308?format=jpg&group=iphone&size=medium

Its the vibe. The vibe one gets when they know they are not going to get paid until Uncle Gerry spots the pie man a few more lazy mill.

hausmann
04-02-2015, 12:55 PM
When he says that the FFA helped clubs behind closed doors does he not remember what happened to Con? He went to them cap in hand and had the license taken off him. They didn't want Con to have the license anymore. Same case here.

Anyway, can we take it from Tink's outburst and legal threats that he has no means of achieving the FFA demands and we just have to wait the 14 days for a resolution?

Grimario
04-02-2015, 01:03 PM
I like that he doesn't mention how he got the licence in the first place where the FFA did exactly the same to Con.

When he says that the FFA helped clubs behind closed doors does he not remember what happened to Con? He went to them cap in hand and had the license taken off him. They didn't want Con to have the license anymore. Same case here.

Yeah... someone awesome already mentioned that.

hausmann
04-02-2015, 01:10 PM
Yeah... someone awesome already mentioned that.

Oh, I thought I was being original...my mistake :o

Tommyjet
04-02-2015, 01:13 PM
I'm too impatient to wait 2 weeks, find another way ffa

Couscous
04-02-2015, 01:43 PM
Law firms fall over themselves to get involved in high profile cases.

Surely there is little chance of this case reaching a hearing. It may founder at the application stage.

MFKS
04-02-2015, 01:45 PM

Anyway, can we take it from Tink's outburst and legal threats that he has no means of achieving the FFA demands and we just have to wait the 14 days for a resolution?
14 days ??

You seriously expect this deluded arrogant tyrant to go peacefully into the night??

I don't

It's going to court

plague
04-02-2015, 01:51 PM
Surely there is little chance of this case reaching a hearing. It may founder at the application stage.

Exactly, but in the meantime law firm becomes 'spokesman' gets on the Tele, pumps their own tyres.
Case gets settled out of court, therefore law firm 'wins' (well, they don't lose) and they can hang at the club all like 'so baby, you see me on the steps of the Supreme Court today?'

It's why lawyers defend shitcunce like cop killers, terrorists and Martin Bryant.

**** lawyers.
Worst people.

plague
04-02-2015, 01:53 PM
Although police prosecutors and my man Italian Lionel Hutz that does my contracts are cool.

So not all lawyers.

Bon
04-02-2015, 03:24 PM
Although police prosecutors and my man Italian Lionel Hutz that does my contracts are cool.

So not all lawyers.

http://abovethelaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Best-simpsons-gifs-world-without-lawyers.gif

hawk
04-02-2015, 11:10 PM
hows tinks gonna pay a lawyer? probono or nothin for the fat lump of ****

matty
05-02-2015, 03:20 AM
So the latest from scotland is stephen thompson looks like he is immigrating to australia to be our ceo, while he and a number of other partys are throwing their 2c in together and trying to buy the jets, the other parties I dont know who is involved, just heard a consortium with thompson involved.

howardyou
05-02-2015, 07:42 AM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Tinkler

Gallop has a sense of humor.......

Tommyjet
05-02-2015, 07:49 AM
So the latest from scotland is stephen thompson looks like he is immigrating to australia to be our ceo, while he and a number of other partys are throwing their 2c in together and trying to buy the jets, the other parties I dont know who is involved, just heard a consortium with thompson involved.

James gardiner from the herald said in yesterday's herald halftime that Dundee united itself had distanced itself from any takeover. Gardiner says it is Stephen Thompson and another businessman involved in their takeover bid. Another scot? Or maybe he has made some connections with some local (Australian) businessmen to form a consortium

lil_masi
05-02-2015, 11:35 AM

Is there an article anywhere?

borat
05-02-2015, 12:11 PM

The gypos debts are massive and probably dwarf Tinkler's. On that he has a point

Couscous
05-02-2015, 12:57 PM
Is there an article anywhere?

Whatever you do, don't link to it.

Premy
05-02-2015, 01:36 PM
Whatever you do, don't link to it.

No link away, just don't bitch when people don't link an article.

baldrick
06-02-2015, 07:13 AM
Its not just the FFA gunning for Mr Tinkler now

THE NSW Office of State Revenue has moved to wind up the Newcastle Jets over unpaid debts.

The news comes just days after controversial owner Nathan Tinkler publicly declared that creditors were ‘‘getting paid as we speak’’ and outstanding debts would ‘‘all be resolved’’.

Documents filed in the NSW Supreme Court reveal the action was taken last month against Newcastle Jets Football Operations.

The matter was listed for a directions hearing on February 25.

But Mr Tinkler told the Newcastle Herald through a spokesman on Thursday night that ‘‘the matter to which you refer has been resolved today’’.

It is understood the debt was a six-figure sum related to payroll tax.

The matter was still listed on the Australian Securities and Investments Commission website late on Thursday.

The Jets have been in turmoil since a 7-0 drubbing at the hands of Adelaide United in Adelaide 13 days ago, with Mr Tinkler sacking five senior players and three members of the coaching staff but sparing coach Phil Stubbins the axe.

With the future of the club under a cloud, Football Federation Australia moved quickly to allay fans’ fears.

‘‘FFA has been aware for some time that the Newcastle Jets have had payments outstanding with the NSW Office of State Revenue [OSR],” an FFA spokesman said earlier on Thursday. ‘‘We are also aware of the action undertaken by the OSR.

‘‘This debt is among those contemplated in the formal notice provided to the club this week. It’s FFA expectation that this matter will be addressed urgently as part of the undertakings given by the Hunter Sports Group.’’

This is not the first time the club has faced insolvency action under Mr Tinkler’s ownership, with the Australian Taxation Office moving to liquidate eight Tinkler companies in December, 2012, including the Jets and Newcastle Knights, which the coal baron formerly owned.

Mr Tinkler’s finances have been under intense scrutiny for several years as the former billionaire’s business empire crumbled.

His thoroughbred racing and breeding empire, Patinack Farm, has been broken up and is being sold off to pay debts, he owes $22million to retail giant Gerry Harvey and Patinack Farm Administration creditors are chasing $4.7million in the courts.

It was reported last October the tax office had registered two mortgages over Mr Tinkler’s stud farms with reports he faced tax debts of almost $40million. But last month, the 38-year-old said he didn’t owe the $40million, saying he successfully argued against the debts during arbitration in 2014.

Title searches conducted on Patinack Farm properties by the Herald revealed a deed of agreement and caveat held by the ATO for unknown amounts, with the debts due in May this year.

Sole director of Newcastle Jets Football Operations is Mr Tinkler’s sister, Donna Dennis, and the company is owned by Mr Tinkler.

The Herald reported on Thursday that another Tinkler-related company, Serene Lodge Investments, had been hit by court action from a creditor chasing money. IT company Reddog Technology has lodged wind-up proceedings in the Queensland Supreme Court with a directions hearing set for February 27.

The Jets have lurched from one crisis to another this season.

Facing a player revolt, Stubbins flew to Brisbane last week for crisis talks with Mr Tinkler. The next day, Mr Tinkler moved to terminate the contracts of captain Kew Jaliens and senior players Joel Griffiths, David Carney, Adrian Madaschi and Billy Celeski, and sacked assistant coaches Clayton Zane, Neil Young and Andrew Packer.

Assistant coach Michael Bridges resigned last Friday, expressing his disappointment at how the sackings were handled.

Argentinian striker Jeronimo left the Jets this week in ‘‘a mutual termination’’ of his contract.

The roster had already been depleted by the departures of Mark Birighitti, Jonny Steele, Sam Gallaway and Marcos Flores.

Home-grown Olyroos winger Andrew Hoole will leave for Sydney FC at season end.

The exodus also included former Jets chief executive Robbie Middleby and chairman Ray Baartz, who resigned those positions on January 8. Mr Tinkler took the club off the market two days later and assumed a hands-on role as chairman.

He missed an FFA-imposed deadline of last Saturday to settle debts, understood to be significantly more than the $500,000 floated in media interviews.

After discussions on Monday, the FFA issued a show-cause notice giving him ‘‘a short period’’ to respond to their concerns.

Having won just one of 15 games to be sitting second-last, a new-look Jets squad will try to salvage something from the wreckage when they host Brisbane at Hunter Stadium on Friday night.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2865297/move-to-wind-up-jets-over-tinkler-debts/?cs=305

MFKS
06-02-2015, 08:45 AM
Good

Little to worry about on that front.

If the FFA takes the licence the club still continues. We ain't obliged to pay that debt and Tinkler still has that to pay with the tax office chasing him everywhere for it.

Forza ATO

sammydog
06-02-2015, 09:11 AM
If the FFA winds up the club, taking back the licence becomes easy for the FFA. As far as I know, they own the club name so it just goes with them, the debt with Tinkler.

Hurry up ATO.

baldrick
06-02-2015, 09:34 AM
Forza ATO

First time anyone, anywhere has ever cheered for the ATO..

MFKS
06-02-2015, 10:12 AM
First time anyone, anywhere has ever cheered for the ATO..

Yeah I know.

I have less time for them than left wing apologists and plastic fans put together usually.

Anyone know anyone of these parasites and would we be able to convince them to actually have a go at some people like they did with Paul Hogan???

lil_masi
06-02-2015, 02:23 PM
Ok so we've filled the CEO position will someone that looks like has the qualifications. Now to filling the role of chairman. Does anyone actually know what this role entails? Syd fc have Scott Barlow, Victory Ian Dobson. Looks like they're businessman.
Serious question (I know Bartzz prob did SFA)

pv4
06-02-2015, 02:32 PM
Ok so we've filled the CEO position will someone that looks like has the qualifications. Now to filling the role of chairman. Does anyone actually know what this role entails? Syd fc have Scott Barlow, Victory Ian Dobson. Looks like they're businessman.
Serious question (I know Bartzz prob did SFA)

I don't think Chairman is a position they are looking to fill - I think Tinkler is keen to stay hands-on and keep that role for himself.

lil_masi
06-02-2015, 02:41 PM
Maybe. I see WSW new owner is the chairman as well. Same with Tony Sage at Glory.
I just would've wanting Tinks to put someone more knowledgeable and a new face in that role (better businessman).

Premy
08-02-2015, 12:45 PM
Anyone else notice the conveniently located Harvey Norman signs behind the goals on Friday?
Coincidence, I think not.

hawk
08-02-2015, 12:53 PM
Anyone else notice the conveniently located Harvey Norman signs behind the goals on Friday?

lol, Hardly Normal sums up our ownership

Jetmaster
08-02-2015, 01:36 PM

They sponsor Friday night Football.....as such, it is a coincidence that our first game was a Friday night.

Menzieshill_Arab
08-02-2015, 11:39 PM
Banner appearing at Dundee Uniteds Scottish Cup match today.......You lads get a mention !!!

http://i58.tinypic.com/2qu29av.jpg

GazFish35
08-02-2015, 11:58 PM
Sunshine, 30degrees, sandy beaches, over Dundee?

Menzieshill_Arab
09-02-2015, 12:12 AM
Sunshine, 30degrees, sandy beaches, over Dundee?

Can get all 3 in Dundee !!!

No the noo tho !!!

Jetmaster
09-02-2015, 09:34 AM
Can get all 3 in Dundee !!!

No the noo tho !!!

Not in the winter as well.

Premy
09-02-2015, 10:21 AM
Fresh of the printer.

End of season clean out, Laurie Daily to replace Stubbins, Chris Lees to be bought in for fitness and conditioning and Billy Slater to be our Marquee Fullback.

Ok down to the real speculation.
If Tinks is serious about staying and talking of a consortium and Thompson wants into Australia what do you think the chances of the 2 coming together?

Jetmaster
09-02-2015, 12:15 PM
If Tinks is serious about staying and talking of a consortium and Thompson wants into Australia what do you think the chances of the 2 coming together?

Probably the most sensible suggestion of all in a normal business environment....but how would Tinks go about it? Can anybody work WITH him?

Pico
09-02-2015, 07:20 PM
Just ask the poor bastards that have tried in the past, Thompson sounds like a smart operator, can't see him being stupid enough to jump into bed with Tinkler, nor would anyone else with any brains.

LiverJet
09-02-2015, 10:41 PM
Is it just me or have the FFA been pretty quiet on the whole situation, I know the Aleague boss has said it is in the right direction but they haven't said that he has satisfied the FFA and will keep his license. Also is murphy's start date the day after the show cause period????

Maybe I'm just wishful thinking but find it strange they haven't said anything after he paid is debts

idontwannaplaywithhowey
09-02-2015, 10:44 PM
Is it just me or have the FFA been pretty quiet on the whole situation, I know the Aleague boss has said it is in the right direction but they haven't said that he has satisfied the FFA and will keep his license. Also is murphy's start date the day after the show cause period????

Maybe I'm just wishful thinking but find it strange they haven't said anything after he paid is debts

I too am hoping they are just playing the game and waiting out the show cause period before starting legal action to take the licence.We can only hope.

plague
09-02-2015, 11:14 PM
Nah surely the FFA are sweet with big Tinks now.
Reminds me of the end of Grand Torino.

MFKS
09-02-2015, 11:22 PM
The scary thing is he could actually do enough to keep the club. That happens and heart break will be immense for the fans.

How that manager with a 6% win ratio has a job defies belief.

If Tinks is serious he has to show some intent by removing this imposter and opening the wallet to actually get us a top manager.

The only 3 I see as being suitable are Ange Arnold or Merrick. The first two he will have to pay through the nose to get the 3rd might be a possibility.

Other than that we are looking for a foreigner which is risky. A rookie coach is not the answer for a club with problems like ours

Anyone says Mike Mulvey has NFI. The bloke got the sack for losing his players. We have been there two many times for another arrogant bloke running the show

hawk
10-02-2015, 01:16 AM

FFA have folded like a cheap suit. weak as P*ss

Frodo
10-02-2015, 08:14 AM
The only 3 I see as being suitable are Ange Arnold or Merrick. The first two he will have to pay through the nose to get the 3rd might be a possibility.

Wow, i've seen some things typed on this forum that defy belief but this must be the most clueless thing i've ever read!

On what plane of existence do you think those 2 would quit their jobs to come here? Even if Tinks opened the wallet and gave them $100 million to spend on whatever they wanted?

Merrick seems a sensible option but unless we go scouting overseas for an experienced coach after a nice comfy place to live for a few years we will be stuck with either Tubbs or someone of similar experience/coaching ability.:sigh:

MFKS
10-02-2015, 08:43 AM
Wow, i've seen some things typed on this forum that defy belief but this must be the most clueless thing i've ever read!

On what plane of existence do you think those 2 would quit their jobs to come here? Even if Tinks opened the wallet and gave them $100 million to spend on whatever they wanted?

Merrick seems a sensible option but unless we go scouting overseas for an experienced coach after a nice comfy place to live for a few years we will be stuck with either Tubbs or someone of similar experience/coaching ability.:sigh:

I doubt we would get either of them even if Tinks spread the wealth.

Ange is not gonna leave the NT setup at present. He will want to see the job through to Russia. If he does and gets us there his value will go up for his next appointment whether in Australia or overseas. Besides the pay out to get him out of the FFA Contract his wages presently would be high anyway and although a man capable of doing the job whether he would want it I doubt. Can dream though

Arnie obviously has only just got to Smurfs after snubbing us. Bloke would be useful though at turning us around. Doubt he would come here though as if he wouldn't come when off contract we ain't gonna get him to break contract now. Am still dreaming

Merrick though may be a goer. Moving back to Oz should appeal and the bloke has a history of winning at this level. Nix may be able to be bought off though

Jeterpool
10-02-2015, 11:08 AM

Again, the Herald reported Rickie Herbert was interested in the job.

The Northern Defender
10-02-2015, 03:30 PM
Hi all, new to the forum but would love to see Ricky Herbert , or at least someone that we can believe has any kind of foreseeable plan for the direction of the team. Stubbins was always a cheap alternative and now we are paying the cost for this decision.
Tinks sell the club, as surely not many would be willing to sign on here knowing the big fellas history of paying his bills.

Jeterpool
10-02-2015, 03:35 PM
Hi all, new to the forum but would love to see Ricky Herbert , or at least someone that we can believe has any kind of foreseeable plan for the direction of the team. Stubbins was always a cheap alternative and now we are paying the cost for this decision.
Tinks sell the club, as surely not many would be willing to sign on here knowing the big fellas history of paying his bills.

Welcome. Look forward to your contributions.

I agree that people would be reluctant to sign on because lets face it, Tinks has history. Besides paying overs for players as Furns mentioned in another thread, an experienced coach is certainly how we can attract players. Players won't necessarily be falling over themselves to come play for Stubbins

lil_masi
10-02-2015, 03:40 PM
Welcome. Look forward to your contributions.

I agree that people would be reluctant to sign on because lets face it, Tinks has history. Besides paying overs for players as Furns mentioned in another thread, an experienced coach is certainly how we can attract players. Players won't necessarily be falling over themselves to come play for Stubbins

+1

R Ramjet
10-02-2015, 05:18 PM
Things have gone quiet since tinkler paid up that cash on Friday. Hopefully that doesn't mean the ffa were caught out with him paying up that quickly. Gallop might be keeping his cards close to his chest and waiting for the show cause period date

hawk
10-02-2015, 06:49 PM
Gallop might be keeping his cards close to his chest and waiting for the show cause period date

i wish but doubt

Thomas477
10-02-2015, 09:16 PM

+2, but make sure you grab a grain of salt to take all the posts here with.

LiverJet
10-02-2015, 10:28 PM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/a-league-ffa-wants-newcastle-jets-owner-nathan-tinkler-to-do-more-before-hes-off-the-hook/story-e6frf4gl-1227215097235?sv=abb006b42804cbd6ccc81aa09d370a14# itm_s=foxs&itm_t=home&itm_c=content-3&itm_o=16&itm_l=Fox%20Feed%20-%20Tinkler yet to %E2%80%99fully satisfy%E2%80%99 FFA concerns

A bit mor from FFA

late_to_the_game
10-02-2015, 10:54 PM
To me this looks like Frank working Tinks over big time.
Tinks has form for leaving big debts behind (knights)so the FFA make him pay everything off to keep the license, but then still take it off him for one of the non-financial reasons that will be in the agreement.
From memory Palmer never had any financial problems with the gold coast, just the whole alternative FFA thing and free speech..

howardyou
11-02-2015, 10:16 AM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/a-league-ffa-wants-newcastle-jets-owner-nathan-tinkler-to-do-more-before-hes-off-the-hook/story-e6frf4gl-1227215097235?sv=abb006b42804cbd6ccc81aa09d370a14# itm_s=foxs&itm_t=home&itm_c=content-3&itm_o=16&itm_l=Fox%20Feed%20-%20Tinkler yet to %E2%80%99fully satisfy%E2%80%99 FFA concerns

A bit mor from FFA

Tinks. Full of Rugby League comparisons and analogies. What a dick.

De-Champ
11-02-2015, 10:35 AM
Tinks has form for leaving big debts behind (knights)so the FFA make him pay everything off to keep the license, but then still take it off him for one of the non-financial reasons that will be in the agreement.
From memory Palmer never had any financial problems with the gold coast, just the whole alternative FFA thing and free speech..

To be fair to Palmer, he does not have a history of not paying day to day creditors like Tinkler has.

The Northern Defender
11-02-2015, 10:44 AM

I hope they do have a plan like you suggest and I think that everyone does. Just bring it on so we can get our team back!
FWIW- I think the FFA do have a plan and are just going about things the smart way.

MFKS
11-02-2015, 01:05 PM
SACKED goalkeeping coach Neil Young said on Tuesday that he was still chasing Newcastle Jets officials for severance pay five days after signing his termination forms.

Young, assistant coach Clayton Zane and head trainer Andrew Packer were dismissed two weeks ago by Jets owner Nathan Tinkler.

Senior players Kew Jaliens, Joel Griffiths, David Carney, Adrian Madaschi and Billy Celeski were also shown the door.

Unlike the players, the discarded coaching staff do not have Professional Footballers Australia in their corner fighting for their entitlements.

Young, who moved from Perth to accept his position with Newcastle in the pre-season, said he had returned to the West Australian capital last week to start looking for a new job.

Before leaving, he signed termination documents, as requested by Jets management, and was told he would be paid six weeks' wages and eight months' superannuation within 24 hours.

He contacted the Newcastle Herald on Tuesday to say he had received "not a cent" and that a club official had not replied to phone calls and texts.

"All I want is what I'm owed," Young said. "This has left me in the lurch.

"Basically six weeks' wages is what they owe me, plus my super. It's not a lot of money, but I just want what I'm entitled to so I can get on with my life.

See your ad here
"Give me what I'm owed and I'll walk away."

Young said he had to break a lease when he vacated his Newcastle flat.

"That meant paying six weeks' rent, up front, so basically I've had to beg my landlord not to charge me that until I get paid," he said.

A Jets spokesman confirmed on Tuesday afternoon that Young's payout had not been settled but contacted the Herald later to say a payment had been "forwarded" to his bank account before the close of business.

Young contacted the Herald again at 6.30pm to say he had not received the money.

The Herald understands Packer also signed his termination papers last week and was still waiting for his payout on Tuesday.

The club spokesman said Packer's severance would be finalised "if not tomorrow, in the pay cycle, which is the 15th as per all other staff".

Zane, who was Newcastle's interim head coach for 12 games last year before Phil Stubbins arrived, appears to be facing a more problematic scenario.

Tinkler initially told Zane he would receive four weeks' severance pay, apparently unaware he still had 12 months to run on his contract.

Zane is understood to have received legal advice and is considering his options.

The five players Tinkler dismissed continue to train with the club, but in segregation, after refusing, on the advice of PFA, to sign the termination deals offered.

A PFA spokesman said on Tuesday that, unless the players agreed to termination deals in the interim, they would expect to be paid their monthly wages this week, along with the rest of their teammates.

Football Federation Australia issued a statement on Tuesday insisting that paying the unwanted players and staff should be a "priority" for Tinkler, who is believed to be travelling between Singapore and New York this week.

"The payment of some significant debts and the appointment of a CEO were steps in the right direction in relation to the formal notice given to the Hunter Sports Group, but much more needs to be done," an FFA spokesperson said.

"The financial state of the Newcastle Jets is not yet in a position to fully satisfy FFA's concerns about stability and sustainability.

"Nathan Tinkler has acknowledged the situation and given FFA assurances.

"He has been given a short period of time to address the financial and operational issues, which are important steps towards rebuilding trust with the football community of the region".

In an interview on The World Game website on Tuesday, Tinkler said: "As far as the club is concerned, none of those players will be coming back.

"They have refused to sign their mutual terminations, and that just illustrates my point at what a disturbance they have been to the club.

"They don't want to leave. They just want as much media attention as they can get.

"I have simply told Phil to make a little naughty corner at training and give them a sandpit and a little ladder, or something, to play on over in the corner of the ground.

"They can come to training and play over there."

Not so good news for Youngy but good news for those that wish to see Tinkler Out

Premy
11-02-2015, 01:10 PM
Not so good news for Youngy but good news for those that wish to see Tinkler Out

Poor bloke nearly died playing for our club and this is how he is treated.

BodyNovo
11-02-2015, 01:18 PM
****ing ridiculous and id go along the lines to say he was doing a fair decent job with bk at least

also did wonders with vukovic and duncan

shits ****ed

Bon
11-02-2015, 01:23 PM
Poor bloke nearly died playing for our club and this is how he is treated.

****ing ridiculous and id go along the lines to say he was doing a fair decent job with bk at least

also did wonders with vukovic and duncan

shits ****ed

Yep, this is just fvcked.. What a joke..

pv4
11-02-2015, 01:24 PM
I'd just like to point out, again, that when Matt Thompson and Nick Carle were isolated from training with Sydney FC that the PFA acted immediately, and gave Sydney 24 hours to fix it.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/sydney-fc-censured-by-pfa-for-isolating-nick-carle-and-matt-thompson-in-training-20140211-32f4o.html

The players' union has criticised Sydney FC after reports surfaced that Nick Carle and Matt Thompson had been isolated from training with their teammates.

It is understood the pair have been dismissed from regular training after they disobeyed tactical instructions from Frank Farina and Rado Vidosic when introduced as substitutes at half-time in Sydney's 3-0 loss to Adelaide on Saturday.

Professional Footballers Australia general manager Adam Vivan said he wanted to maintain the players' rights.

"We have a CBA that the clubs must comply with," Vivian said.

"The actions of Sydney FC in excluding Nick and Matt from training are not in accordance with the CBA. If the situation is not remedied within 24 hours, we will take the necessary legal steps.

"Unfortunately this is not the first time this season where the PFA has been forced to intervene in this type of situation.

"This calls into question the behavior of some clubs and undermines a competition that is based on respect for contracts and a commitment to player wellbeing."

Just another example of the CBA being ignored/violated by Tinkler and Stubbins, and just another example of other clubs getting treatment different to how our club usually does.

pv4
11-02-2015, 01:25 PM
Like blackmac said.. Young nearly died for us, literally.

He was reportedly assured he'd get paid within 24 hours and this has just dragged on - it's not good enough.

I'm interested to see where this Zane thing heads. I'm backing Clayton fully here.

GazFish35
11-02-2015, 01:32 PM
"They can come to training and play over there."

if i were based in newy, I'd be chucking a sickie, grabbing my boots and going down to training to train with griff, kew, carney, madaschi and billy.

grab some mates, go play some five-a-side with these guys who stood up for newy.

BodyNovo
11-02-2015, 01:32 PM
I'd just like to point out, again, that when Matt Thompson and Nick Carle were isolated from training with Sydney FC that the PFA acted immediately, and gave Sydney 24 hours to fix it.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/sydney-fc-censured-by-pfa-for-isolating-nick-carle-and-matt-thompson-in-training-20140211-32f4o.html

Just another example of the CBA being ignored/violated by Tinkler and Stubbins, and just another example of other clubs getting treatment different to how our club usually does.

more or less the story with all things in this league. the big guys get the preferential treatment and the little guys (us, phoenix, gypos) get treated like aids.

pv4
11-02-2015, 01:50 PM
more or less the story with all things in this league. the big guys get the preferential treatment and the little guys (us, phoenix, gypos) get treated like aids.

Thinking about it, how many times in our history have we had players isolated from training? Off the top of my head:
- The five players now
- Taylor Regan
- Kasey Wehrman
- Antun Kovacic
- I'm drawing mindblanks and feel there are really obvious ones I'm not thinking of..

Jeterpool
11-02-2015, 02:03 PM
Thinking about it, how many times in our history have we had players isolated from training? Off the top of my head:
- The five players now
- Taylor Regan
- Kasey Wehrman
- Antun Kovacic
- I'm drawing mindblanks and feel there are really obvious ones I'm not thinking of..

Tiago? Was Jobe ever isolated?

R Ramjet
11-02-2015, 02:07 PM
I hate how tinkler keeps making out he is a hero for paying the 500k last week and finding a ceo. He also talks like he has just come on board as if he is a saviour to the club and its fans. How long has he owned the club ? As the owner of the club the buck always stops with him no matter how interested he used to be. He is only paying outstanding debts that would have been known ongoing costs so there should be no reason not to pay them on time. Would he even have made an attempt to pay these debts if the FFA didn't get involved. He has only fixed (and is still fixing) problems that should not have been problems in the first place. What about the future of the club and making sure all payments are paid on time from now on. What about not having the brains to realise stubbins is not up to a-league level as a coach and keeps saying the same old dumb things whenever a microphone is put in front of him. Can anyone honestly say they could imagine the Jets becoming a success on the field, things running smoothly and productively off the field, the team engaging with the community and attracting new supporters who will be proud to be part of the club and being in the papers for the right reasons instead of the circus we are now known as. I realise nothing is always perfect in running a club and there is always problems that pop up but tinkler is always making problems and creating issues where ever he goes theses days. Please FFA see the bigger picture and get rid of him as he just attracts bad news and always will. Free us of tinkler and his new bestie stubbins who is out of his depth and has no idea. Tinkler can spin as much crap as he wants but the club will never MOVE FORWARD with him as the owner

lquiquer
11-02-2015, 02:26 PM
I hate how tinkler keeps making out he is a hero for paying the 500k last week and finding a ceo. He also talks like he has just come on board as if he is a saviour to the club and its fans. How long has he owned the club ? As the owner of the club the buck always stops with him no matter how interested he used to be. He is only paying outstanding debts that would have been known ongoing costs so there should be no reason not to pay them on time. Would he even have made an attempt to pay these debts if the FFA didn't get involved. He has only fixed (and is still fixing) problems that should not have been problems in the first place. What about the future of the club and making sure all payments are paid on time from now on. What about not having the brains to realise stubbins is not up to a-league level as a coach and keeps saying the same old dumb things whenever a microphone is put in front of him. Can anyone honestly say they could imagine the Jets becoming a success on the field, things running smoothly and productively off the field, the team engaging with the community and attracting new supporters who will be proud to be part of the club and being in the papers for the right reasons instead of the circus we are now known as. I realise nothing is always perfect in running a club and there is always problems that pop up but tinkler is always making problems and creating issues where ever he goes theses days. Please FFA see the bigger picture and get rid of him as he just attracts bad news and always will. Free us of tinkler and his new bestie stubbins who is out of his depth and has no idea. Tinkler can spin as much crap as he wants but the club will never MOVE FORWARD with him as the owner

^ well said

MFKS
11-02-2015, 02:35 PM

Exactly what are those tossers at the PFA doing??

**** all.

Their reps have been victimised and they are bending over and taking it up the arse.
**** trying to get the boys their payout get them their ****ing jobs back you useless ****s.

Only ever here from the ****s when they want to suck more money out of the game for their overpaid hacks..

Blackmac79
11-02-2015, 02:42 PM
Like blackmac said.. Young nearly died for us, literally.

He was reportedly assured he'd get paid within 24 hours and this has just dragged on - it's not good enough.

I'm interested to see where this Zane thing heads. I'm backing Clayton fully here.

Wasn't me that said it, but agree 100%.

Grimario
11-02-2015, 02:58 PM

Have asked them on Twitter, linked this article, tagged Griff and referenced why "remedied in 24 hours" doesn't apply to Jerks.

Not expecting a response.

q-money
11-02-2015, 03:04 PM
young reportedly paid out yesterday, others currently being worked on

source: twitters

q-money
11-02-2015, 03:08 PM
big rob dillon was on the blower to neil and he says he has been paid "not one cent"

pv4
11-02-2015, 03:15 PM
Wasn't me that said it, but agree 100%.

My bad, was Premy. All in agreeance, happy days.

Grimario
11-02-2015, 03:20 PM
big rob dillon was on the blower to neil and he says he has been paid "not one cent"

Expecting "Bank transfers can take 2-3 days to clear"

GazFish35
11-02-2015, 03:22 PM
cheque's in the mail etc etc etc

then tinks will blame Australia post

Blackmac79
11-02-2015, 03:40 PM
My bad, was Premy. All in agreeance, happy days.

Strange times indeed

pv4
11-02-2015, 03:54 PM
Strange times indeed

:rof: it doesn't feel right unless we're fighting about picket lines.

BTW you and militia gave up on that argument :(

WolfMan
11-02-2015, 04:05 PM
if i were based in newy, I'd be chucking a sickie, grabbing my boots and going down to training to train with griff, kew, carney, madaschi and billy.

grab some mates, go play some five-a-side with these guys who stood up for newy.

Best idea! Technically though, we wouldn't be allowed on the same field as they have paid for usage. Nothing stopping us having a kick about outside the fence though

Bon
11-02-2015, 04:06 PM
Best idea! Technically though, we wouldn't be allowed on the same field as they have paid for usage. Nothing stopping us having a kick about outside the fence though

Seriously, we need to get a group together, gold shirts on, go down there and give em a yell to come train with us.. Would be brilliant!!

pv4
11-02-2015, 04:11 PM
We'll start our own training.. with blackjack and hookers. In fact, forget training.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGi6Q1pNbS0

BodyNovo
11-02-2015, 04:17 PM
lel if this ever got off the ground, count me in

naughty corner sounds bad ass

Bon
11-02-2015, 04:18 PM
lel if this ever got off the ground, count me in

naughty corner sounds bad ass

Is there a grass space or something nearby where we can get a group, stand and yell for them to come over and train since Stubbs and Tinks won't let them??
Not for Carney though, fvck that guy.. hahaha

Grimario
11-02-2015, 04:20 PM
Carney...fvck that guy.. hahaha

Poor choice of words...

pv4
11-02-2015, 04:23 PM
Is there a grass space or something nearby where we can get a group, stand and yell for them to come over and train since Stubbs and Tinks won't let them??
Not for Carney though, fvck that guy.. hahaha

There's a whole other field about 1 minute walk away from it.

Directly next to the training paddock though, nothing flat really.

q-money
11-02-2015, 04:25 PM
they don't pay the fees to train on it anyway so get in there m8s

BodyNovo
11-02-2015, 04:27 PM
nah me and carney can hang

it seems he hates them as much as i do atm.

Grimario
11-02-2015, 05:49 PM

Robert Dillon ‏@robertdillon174
Sacked @NewcastleJetsFC goalkeeping coach Neil Young has contacted me to confirm his severance pay/superannuation have both been deposited.

q-money
11-02-2015, 05:51 PM
better late than never

Hunter403
11-02-2015, 06:16 PM
Seriously, we need to get a group together, gold shirts on, go down there and give em a yell to come train with us.. Would be brilliant!!

+100000000

Hunter403
11-02-2015, 06:18 PM
How about going to training and heckling Stubbins?

De-Champ
11-02-2015, 06:31 PM
How would he know if the super has been paid. Super funds only send out info (that no one understands) every six months if that.

Jetmaster
11-02-2015, 06:44 PM
You can be paid a lump sum to be rolled over and know the amount straight away.

Skirt Boy
11-02-2015, 06:49 PM
What gets me. The compulsory superannuation amount is chicken feed. It should be law for it to be paid on a weekly/fortnightly/monthly basis depending on the pay cycle of the company.

I've gone through one company going belly up and it sucks balls. Super was a big thing the company owed and it ****ing grinds my gears big time that companies always get away with it.

**** tinks.

Blackmac79
11-02-2015, 07:05 PM
Superannuation. Making the boys richer from poor ****s retirement.

Jeterpool
11-02-2015, 08:23 PM

Tell them we'll pay them later

11-02-2015, 09:30 PM
Please somebody make this happen, Am so in on this.

F^&k Stubbins

MFKS
11-02-2015, 09:36 PM

**** Stubbins

Tell him we have been appointed Griff's new coach as the last one he had ****ed him over and we are putting him through his paces and if he has any gripes take it up with the PFA.

lquiquer
11-02-2015, 10:12 PM
Please somebody make this happen, Am so in on this.

F^&k Stubbins

Unfortunately cant do tomorrow or Friday but if it happens on Monday or Tuesday I'm in.....

WolfMan
11-02-2015, 11:05 PM
If this does get off the ground (no pun intended), just be wary of chucking sickies. Something like this would be worthy of a few happy snaps for a Herald fluff piece

GazFish35
11-02-2015, 11:20 PM
Saba and adeleke apparently being made to train on their own at WSW.

Is this old news?

Edit: apparently so.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/western-sydney-wanderers/western-sydney-wanderers-come-under-fire-over-treatment-of-players-20150211-13bza1.html

Appiaiah training with us?

pv4
12-02-2015, 08:46 AM
Saba and adeleke apparently being made to train on their own at WSW.

Is this old news?

Edit: apparently so.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/western-sydney-wanderers/western-sydney-wanderers-come-under-fire-over-treatment-of-players-20150211-13bza1.html

Appiaiah training with us?

Saba has already been terminated.

As has Appiah - who was training with us, but last week trained with Wellington and Merrick wants to sign him there.

lquiquer
12-02-2015, 09:03 AM
Lucas?...... :facepalm:

GazFish35
12-02-2015, 09:35 AM

dont even joke.

on the bright side, as if he wouldnt tell stubbins to **** off at half time too

pv4
12-02-2015, 10:38 AM

What if I told you that is not as much of a joke as you think..

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/009/889/Morpheus2.jpg

MFKS
12-02-2015, 10:44 AM

Another bloke to hate on.

Bring it On.

De-Champ
12-02-2015, 11:02 AM
You can be paid a lump sum to be rolled over and know the amount straight away.

That is correct if it was coming from another fund, or is current ie not from way back. This super (is outstanding form a long time) can't just be paid into the fund, it has to go thru' the super levy with the ATO, if it doesn't go thru' the ATO levy route, in effect the ATO can make you pay it again.

Grimario
12-02-2015, 11:21 AM

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2779445/lucas-neill-on-jets-radar/?cs306

The former Socceroo last played for Doncaster Rovers in the English 2nd tier. His time at the club did not end well with The Rovers relegated on the last match day of the season.

Well, that's positively fantastic news.

Grimario
12-02-2015, 11:23 AM
Kevin Airs @KevinAirs442 · 21m 21 minutes ago
At Jets training - Kew Jaliens, Madaschi and Celeski turned up for training in full kit - just drove off in Jaliens's Hyundai #ALeague

Kevin Airs @KevinAirs442 · 5m 5 minutes ago
"Have some ****ing respect," yells Joel Griffiths at Stubbins as he gets moved out main training session with Carney.

MFKS
12-02-2015, 11:33 AM
Lord Griff :wub:

Calling out the traitor

Premy
12-02-2015, 05:19 PM
At Jets training - Kew Jaliens, Madaschi and Celeski turned up for training in full kit - just drove off in Jaliens's Hyundai #ALeague

"Have some ****ing respect," yells Joel Griffiths at Stubbins as he gets moved out main training session with Carney.
This is what's going to bring the big man unstuck.

If players continue to be treated unprofessionally then I'm certain it will be a breach of licensing terms.
One of the biggest Issues of the Crawford report was forcing Clubs to be more professional. Gallop act now you have the rifle and ammo, shoot the fat prick.

Grimario
12-02-2015, 05:25 PM
This is what's going to bring the big man unstuck.

If players continue to be treated unprofessionally then I'm certain it will be a breach of licensing terms.
One of the biggest Issues of the Crawford report was forcing Clubs to be more professional. Gallop act now you have the rifle and ammo, shoot the fat prick.

Today is hardly the bit to highlight this... Tinkler earlier in the week saying "I've told them to go play in a sandpit" is the bit FFA/PFA should be all over.

BodyNovo
12-02-2015, 05:36 PM
How good are Kevin airs photo of the other 3 getting in the car

I loled

Premy
12-02-2015, 05:36 PM
Today is hardly the bit to highlight this... Tinkler earlier in the week saying "I've told them to go play in a sandpit" is the bit FFA/PFA should be all over.

Most definitely.
I've ran out of fingers to count the numerous occasions that could be referanced in legal proceedings.

MFKS
12-02-2015, 05:40 PM

Where are the limp dicks at the PFA with the ostracising of their reps??

MFKS
12-02-2015, 05:52 PM
Where are the limp dicks at the PFA with the ostracising of their reps??

Just threw my thought on the PFA's lack of action at Craig Foster Bruce Djite and the PFA on Twitter. Wonder who will bite??

Premy
12-02-2015, 06:06 PM
Just threw my thought on the PFA's lack of action at Craig Foster Bruce Djite and the PFA on Twitter. Wonder who will bite??
Cue Foster V Slater round 147.

weston
12-02-2015, 06:42 PM
How good are Kevin airs photo of the other 3 getting in the car

I loled

Where can I see the pic?

Beeen
12-02-2015, 09:01 PM
Where can I see the pic?

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/features/tensions-flare-jets-training

I assume the second one?

GazFish35
12-02-2015, 09:46 PM
COMMENT: Nathan’s PR campaign falls at the first hurdle

IN LIMBO: David Carney and Joel Griffiths at Jets training this week. Picture: Ryan Osland

THE treatment of five unwanted Newcastle Jets players and three members of the coaching staff is a reminder that Nathan Tinkler’s attempt to claim the high moral ground is laughable.
At a time when the owner of Newcastle’s embattled A-League franchise urgently needs an image makeover, the starting point, surely, has to be for him to honour his financial obligations.

Tinkler forked out a reported $500,000 last week to settle a selection of long-overdue debts, enough for him to declare: “People have been firing bullets at me and doubting my intentions. Well, I’ve fixed a lot of problems in the past few weeks. I wonder what they are saying now?”

Why would anyone want to join the perennially dysfunctional Jets, especially when it seems a contract is not worth the paper on which it is printed?

But there was a hollow ring to his righteousness that was all too familiar.

The bottom line is he still needs to dig far deeper into his pockets to ‘‘get things on a stable footing’’, to borrow a phrase from Football Federation Australia chief executive David Gallop.

Heading the queue of creditors are a host of Jets employees, past and present.

Current players and staff are understood to be waiting for superannuation dating back months, something that has been a recurring theme during Tinkler’s time as a self-proclaimed sporting philanthropist.

Then there are the five senior players and three staff members the one-time billionaire dismissed two weeks ago for their roles in an alleged mutiny against head tactician Phil Stubbins.

The wholesale sackings were a terrible look in their own right, but what has inflamed the situation has been Tinkler’s apparent refusal to provide appropriate payouts.

Newcastle’s discarded goalkeeping coach, Neil Young, confirmed on Wednesday that he had received the six weeks’ wages and eight months’ superannuation he was owed.

But this was only after the Newcastle Herald had contacted the Jets on Tuesday seeking comment and placing the club in an embarrassing situation.

Young was not chasing the Jets for a fortune.

It is understood he was out of pocket between $5000 and $10,000.

But he is now unemployed and has returned to Perth, where he is temporarily lodging at a friend’s house until he finds work.

It may have seemed a pittance to Tinkler, but Young was relying on that money to start his life over.

Head trainer Andrew Packer, who moved to Newcastle from Queensland with a wife and two young children in the pre-season, is in a similarly unenviable position.

Like Young, he signed his termination forms last week and was told he would be paid out within 24 hours. As of 5.30pm on Wednesday, he was still waiting.

And if the Jets have been so tardy in stumping up relatively small amounts, the portents appear ominous for former Socceroo David Carney and assistant coach Clayton Zane, both victims of Tinkler’s purge.

Unlike their discarded comrades, Carney and Zane are contracted until the end of next season. In Carney’s case, a full payout for the rest of this season and all of the next campaign would be in the vicinity of $300,000.

It is hard to imagine Tinkler showing any enthusiasm for paying that, hence his attempt to have Carney’s contract annulled for alleged disciplinary breaches.

In a volatile industry such as professional football, players and coaches can be deemed expendable at any moment. The tap on the shoulder is an occupational hazard. When it is handled professionally, usually they move on without complaint and resume their careers elsewhere.

But at Newcastle, the situation has become farcical. The five unwanted players have refused to sign their termination agreements and continue to train with the club in isolation, which must be toxic for morale.

Players around the A-League have surely taken note. Why would anyone want to join the perennially dysfunctional Jets, especially when it seems a contract is not worth the paper on which it is printed?

All of which will continue to fester at least until the man who stated recently that he is ‘‘not trying to rip anyone off’’ proves he is as good as his word and pays everyone their entitlements.

One obvious conclusion is that finding the funds has become problematic, but Tinkler insisted in an interview last week: ‘‘Lots of people would be happy to be as poor as me.’’

If his financial position is of no concern, somehow that makes this whole sorry episode even worse.

Dillon.http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2878115/comment-nathans-pr-campaign-falls-at-the-first-hurdle/

MFKS
14-02-2015, 09:09 AM
Dundee United boss Stephen Thompson wants the Newcastle Jets, but is he the right person to save the ailing A-League club?

Nathan Tinkler has made some of the right noises the past week or so in paying off debts and appointing a new CEO. It appears as though he may want to keep the club, for now anyway, but FFA is far from satisfied.

The drama over the sacked players won’t go away either and surely Phil Stubbins’ future in the job long-term in untenable.

The Jets’ horrible A-League season continued with a last-minute loss to Brisbane Roar last Friday, Stubbins bringing on Allan Welsh as they tried to defend a free-kick, which they then of course conceded from. You’d laugh if it wasn’t so embarrassing.

It’s going take weeks, maybe months, for the FFA to get rid of Tinkler. And the big man will make as much mischief as possible before he goes. Considering how much he hates journos and the media, it’s funny to see him on radio, TV, websites and newspapers in the past few weeks, dropping out a few handy one-liners.

Long-term though it’s interesting to see what the Jets’ future holds. There isn’t another wealthy local out there keen to drop in the cash, and maybe that’s not what the club’s supporters wants anyway. A community ownership scheme might work, at least part-ownership, but I doubt FFA would back this.

Dundee’s Thompson remains in the frame according to some sources. But just who is the 50-year old Scotsman?

He took over the chairmanship of Dundee United after he his father Eddie died of prostate cancer in 2008. He had worked in the family business, a chain of convenience stores called Morning, Noon and Night.

He sat on the board of the Scottish Premier League in the past and helped the Tangerines pay off their debts.

One person who knows Thompson well says he has done a good job with Dundee United.

“Certainly financially. They have dug into a big debt and are now virtually debt free. His biggest success has been tying down young players on long deals and getting good money for them – Ryan Gauld, Andy Robertson, David Goodwillie, Stuart Armstrong,” the source said.

“He’s had his run-ins with Rangers over the last couple of years, as he was one of the most high profile people to say they should be sent down the leagues when they were liquidated.”

Apparently Thompson is media-friendly but a prudent owner. He’s not one to make outlandish spending or to bring a club into financial strife. After the controversial Tinkler, he might be a breath of fresh air in the Hunter.

Thompson has told Scottish media that it would be him personally, rather than Dundee United as a club, that would get involved with Newcastle.

“He’s spent a fair bit of time in Australia in the past, so I would think it’s probably a case of looking for business to get involved in.”

Thompson may also want to bring some of the Jets’ young talent to Scotland, or sell them on to other foreign clubs. Tinkler’s Jets have done this a lot in the past six to twelve months, with the departures of Socceroos Josh Brillante, Adam Taggart, Mark Birighitti and others.

Stephen Thompson is clearly a football man, a lover of the round-ball game, and has a decent track record as a chairman. You can’t say the same for Nathan Tinkler.

Foreign ownership has its risks and anyone who remembers Rangers’ dalliance with Northern Spirit in the NSL will be wary. Due diligence has to be done on Thompson and any other suitors the Jets might have.

There is rarely any white knights in football. Most Jets fans would settle for stability and security for the future, and some kind of long-term plan.

Tommyjet
14-02-2015, 09:26 AM
As has been stated, Thompson is heading up a group of investors not just looking for himself. A consortium with a community aspect would be ideal IMO.

MFKS
20-02-2015, 01:26 PM
Being this fat **** is subject to issues with the ATO claiming his money from the Garnishing Order anyone know exactly how that works ??

Any chance that coaching failure and other Jets staff are not getting paid also??

MFKS
21-02-2015, 08:22 AM
LIKE it or not, it seems the Newcastle Jets are stuck with Nathan Tinkler.

Despite fighting words from David Gallop, when push came to shove this week the Football Federation Australia CEO showed no enthusiasm for engaging in a full-blown stoush with the embattled Jets owner.

Last week Gallop warned Tinkler he had a "matter of days" to resolve the Jets' myriad liabilities, in particular an estimated $400,000 in unpaid superannuation owed to players and staff and an Australian Tax Office bill rumoured to be in excess of $2 million.

Those debts remain outstanding, with no confirmation of when they will be addressed. Meanwhile, players had to wait an extra two days this week for their monthly wages because of an ATO garnishee order against Tinkler's companies.

All of which is embarrassing, to say the least, yet the FFA has not followed its tough talk with direct action.

On the contrary, Gallop's quotes at a press conference on Thursday pointed to a softened stance.

"They are certainly taking some positive steps and have appointed a new CEO in Mitchell Murphy," he said.

"We need to continue to make sure they are doing the things they need to and get that club in the state it should be. They're in a position at the moment where they are working to get it right.

See your ad here
"There is no particular deadline for that position now, but we'd like it sorted sooner rather than later."

Gallop's apparent backflip is easier to understand if you reflect on his comments in November, when he told the Newcastle Herald: "It's not in our plans to own the Jets or any other A-League team . . . we don't want to own A-League clubs, full-stop."

Unlike the NRL, which ousted the one-time billionaire as Newcastle Knights owner in June, FFA is approaching this dilemma cautiously. As one informed source told the Herald this week: "The NRL were pro-active in dealing with Tinkler. They decided they wanted him out of the game and focused on making sure that was the outcome.

"The FFA will be reactive. They don't really want to make the tough call unless there is no alternative."

There are a number of reasons for FFA's wary approach.

The first is that if Tinkler's licence was cancelled, FFA would probably have to step in and fund the Jets for an interim period.

That might cost several million dollars, especially if it involved paying creditors, and FFA’s coffers are nowhere near as well stocked as the NRL’s.

There would also appear valid cause for FFA to fear the prospect of Tinkler launching legal action.

Whereas the NRL was able to negotiate his exit, using roughly half a $10.5million bank guarantee as a bargaining chip, FFA has no such luxury.

Unless FFA was willing to buy him out, Tinkler would presumably seek to defend his position in the courts.

And if it could be verified, as has been suggested, that (a) other A-League clubs had similar financial problems to Newcastle and (b) FFA officials had been secretly liaising with outside parties about potentially taking over the Jets, perhaps Tinkler would have a case.

While FFA was confident about its legal position before dispossessing the franchise licences of Con Constantine and Clive Palmer, the same apparently does not apply to Tinkler.

Instead, they appear poised to settle for an option that is either soft or wise, depending on your viewpoint.

Maybe Tinkler, who has promised to turn the Jets around after five seasons of mediocrity, will prove as good as his word, justifying FFA’s patience.

If so, the wait-and-see approach could prove a masterstroke.

But Novocastrians are entitled to be sceptical.

Tinkler’s empire has been in a downward spiral for a long time now, and there are many who will subscribe to the theory that FFA is merely delaying the inevitable.

Yet some people still love blowing smoke up the FFA's arse like they are some type of saviour.

In the last 10 years they have got a hell of a lot wrong with their running of the game yet people want to build statues to Lowy. FMD

boz-monaut
21-02-2015, 09:21 AM
I'm not going to go to another game until Stubbins is out and Tinkler is gone

MFKS
21-02-2015, 10:04 AM

I think your taking the wrong stance.
Turn up to every game with the express intent of making Stubbins life hell.

Anything else is surrendering to these ****s.

Yesterday slapped on the Jets shirt and went out in public. Got asked a few times why I am wearing it.

Reply was because I ain't letting these ****s break me. **** them

NEVER SURRENDER

plague
21-02-2015, 11:04 AM
I think your taking the wrong stance.
Turn up to every game with the express intent of making Stubbins life hell.

Anything else is surrendering to these ****s.

Yesterday slapped on the Jets shirt and went out in public. Got asked a few times why I am wearing it.

Reply was because I ain't letting these ****s break me. **** them

NEVER SURRENDER

What? No 'plastic fan' tirade at the mods there Member?

plague
21-02-2015, 11:06 AM
Mr Boz you are welcome to join my 'plastic fan' club. Entry is free and standards are low.

It's filling up fast tho.

borat
21-02-2015, 11:47 AM
As the article suggests, sounds like the FFA have received some not so good legal advice on their chances

MFKS
21-02-2015, 12:05 PM
What? No 'plastic fan' tirade at the mods there Member?

Change of tact. Looking to recruit

Disgruntled people are more perceptible to wanting to rage about the situation in a vocal way.

:wink:

Tommyjet
21-02-2015, 12:37 PM
Change of tact. Looking to recruit

Disgruntled people are more perceptible to wanting to rage about the situation in a vocal way.

:wink:

Wishing we were at home again this weekend, I have enjoyed launching abuse at stubbins the last couple of weeks.

militiamon
21-02-2015, 01:53 PM

This.

Pico
21-02-2015, 04:22 PM
Mr Boz you are welcome to join my 'plastic fan' club. Entry is free and standards are low.

It's filling up fast tho.

The real hard hitting question though, how thick are the membership cards & do you provide a large scale fridge magnet?

Who am I kidding, sign me up!

plague
22-02-2015, 01:12 PM
The real hard hitting question though, how thick are the membership cards & do you provide a large scale fridge magnet?

Who am I kidding, sign me up!

I've saved you a seat up front near Belchardo.

belchardo
22-02-2015, 03:31 PM
I've saved you a seat up front near Belchardo.

Sweet. Don't think I even filled in an application form.

plague
22-02-2015, 05:05 PM
Sweet. Don't think I even filled in an application form.

Your involvement was assumed.

belchardo
22-02-2015, 05:16 PM
Fair enough. In newy next weekend, not sure I'll bother going to the game, so probably a reasonable assumption.

Pico
26-02-2015, 07:43 AM
The news just keeps getting worse...

Jets action dropped, but another begins
By DONNA PAGE and MICHELLE HARRIS
Feb. 25, 2015, 10:33 p.m.

THE good news for Nathan Tinkler's embattled Newcastle Jets was the Office of State Revenue dropped court action on Wednesday to liquidate the A-League team over unpaid debts.

But the bad news from the NSW Supreme Court came seconds later when a Queensland information technology company sought to step in as a substitute creditor.

Reddog Technology's legal representative advised it wanted to pursue wind-up action against the Jets, and sought an adjournment.

Jets lawyer Damien Allen said the debt would be disputed. Asked by senior deputy registrar Jennifer Hedge why he was not pushing for an earlier court date for the Reddog matter, Mr Allen said: "There's no debt, so everybody's pretty laid-back about it."

Reddog Technology is also taking wind-up action in the Queensland Supreme Court against another company linked to Mr Tinkler, Serene Lodge Investments.

Mr Tinkler, his sister Donna Dennis and father Leslie Tinkler are directors of the company and it is owned by Mr Tinkler's mother Zelda.

The matter between Reddog and Serene Lodge Investments is listed for a directions hearing in Brisbane on Friday. The Newcastle Herald reported in January several Hunter-based Tinkler Group firms, including the Jets, went into a technology blackout with emails and some sites down. Newcastle Jets staff set up a Gmail account to send out a media alert announcing the club's chief executive Robbie Middleby and chairman Ray Baartz had resigned on January 8.

At the time a Jets spokesman said the problem was due to the club changing IT providers.

Reddog Technology did not respond to the Herald's request for comment on Wednesday.

The Reddog and Jets matter was adjourned to late March.

www.theherald.com.au/story/2908409/jets-action-dropped-but-another-begins/?cs=305

MFKS
26-02-2015, 08:26 AM
Just another day for Tinkler. Puts out one fire and another starts.

Got to wonder how much money he could actually make if he actually spent less time dealing with his failings of how he runs his businesses and more time looking into investment opportunities

belchardo
26-02-2015, 08:55 AM
I don't get how he is so fat. with all that running around putting out fires, surely he should be as thin as a rake!

26-02-2015, 09:06 AM
Damien Allen must be big on pro bono work.

snake
26-02-2015, 09:08 AM
wait, his mum's name in zelda?

WolfMan
26-02-2015, 11:01 AM

How exactly are you trying to Link this?

Bon
26-02-2015, 11:02 AM
How exactly are you trying to Link this?

:lulz:

plague
26-02-2015, 11:18 AM

Legend has it, yes.

Thomas477
26-02-2015, 11:41 AM

I Ganon wait to see how long this can go.

pv4
26-02-2015, 11:49 AM

I Ganon wait to see how long this can go.

Surely it can't Goron much longer.

Bon
26-02-2015, 11:57 AM
I'm sure we will all triforce some more out..

q-money
26-02-2015, 12:43 PM
newfags can't triforce

snake
26-02-2015, 08:16 PM
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/zelda/images/6/6d/Water_Temple.png/revision/latest?cb=20100316023322

life as a jerks fan :banghead:

MFKS
28-02-2015, 11:52 PM
**** Gerry Harvey.

Apparently he gave Tinkler the money the other week to keep Tinkler in control of the Jets

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/whats-the-buzz-nathan-tinklers-ownership-of-newcastle-jets-saved-by-1m-loan-from-gerry-harvey/story-fnp0lyn3-1227242825962

westjet
01-03-2015, 09:02 AM
**** Gerry Harvey.

Apparently he gave Tinkler the money the other week to keep Tinkler in control of the Jets

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/whats-the-buzz-nathan-tinklers-ownership-of-newcastle-jets-saved-by-1m-loan-from-gerry-harvey/story-fnp0lyn3-1227242825962

Tinkler must have some good photos of Harvey, only explanation I can think of to continually lend this poor excuse of a man money.

WolfMan
01-03-2015, 10:48 AM
“What he does with the money … I never ask him what it’s for because I have no interest.

Wonder what Interest Free period he's running currently?

westjet
16-03-2015, 10:41 AM
Did the players get paid this month?

MFKS
18-03-2015, 12:46 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2951504/race-on-for-share-of-tinklers-spoils/?cs=305

Hopefully these people succeed in digging a few more knives in to the big man.

sammydog
18-03-2015, 01:11 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2951504/race-on-for-share-of-tinklers-spoils/?cs=305

Hopefully these people succeed in digging a few more knives in to the big man.?

Reddog IT chasing to have the club wound up, Ceditors chasing to recoup anything, players not paid again, rumours the FFA is paying the players this month......surely this has to end soon.

And we have Murphy in the herald (http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2951537/jets-players-slam-club-management-over-late-pay/?cs=306) says

"The club continues to work through challenging circumstances. But we’re committed to stabilising those matters in the near future. It’s quite public the challenges that we’re dealing with ... we’re working though very complex and challenging circumstances at the moment and we’re doing our best.’’

I call BS. We can't pay for a thing at the moment. Murphy has for everyones talk achieved nothing (I don't hold that against him, like middleby he has Tinkler as the crux of the problem). Nothing has changed, nothing will change until we fold or FFA step up to the plate.

Right now, our saviour looks to be Reddog IT.

MFKS
18-03-2015, 01:19 AM
Go reddog

plague
18-03-2015, 11:48 PM
Gerry Harvey was on Sky News tonight and had a great insight into Tinks.
Said he'd lent Tinks about $60million and through asset sales he's reduced that debt to $6 or $7 million.

belchardo
19-03-2015, 09:22 AM
theory: FFA are simply waiting till the end of the season to take over the club.

makes a lot of sense to me.

- they don't want the Jets drama overshadowing the finals (which it would if FFA resume the licence)
- they don't have to fund the club until they absolutely have to fund the club
- they get an entire off-season to tidy things up
- they off-load the club just before the start of the season when I assume a large proportion of the expenses occur (flights, accom, win bonuses, increased injuries etc)

from the FFA point of view, why would they step in now? tinks keeps finding the money somehow, yet keeps on breaching his licence (to me anyway). they would have all the evidence they need, but this way they don't pay any of the bills.

BodyNovo
19-03-2015, 09:52 AM
The FFAs actions v tinkler are a disgrace when compared to what they did with Con

Con wanted one grant/wages paid forward and they kicked him straight out the door at a time when the a-league was suffering because all the FFA cared about was getting the 2022 world cup

tinkler has had numerous chances and they continue to let him own the club when the game is at its absolute strongest.

the Sydney and Melbourne media are beginning to watch this story a lot more closely and its going to start tarnishing our game if they don't act soon.

late wages payments are a much better back page story than a 5-4 semi final and its moving away from the real product.

19-03-2015, 12:34 PM
theory: FFA are simply waiting till the end of the season to take over the club.

- they don't want the Jets drama overshadowing the finals (which it would if FFA resume the licence)
- they off-load the club just before the start of the season when I assume a large proportion of the expenses occur (flights, accom, win bonuses, increased injuries etc)

from the FFA point of view, why would they step in now? tinks keeps finding the money somehow, yet keeps on breaching his licence (to me anyway). they would have all the evidence they need, but this way they don't pay any of the bills.

I have had this thought many times in recent months.

For every dollar they can squeeze out of Tinks til seasons end is one less dollar they need to come up with.

BodyNovo
19-03-2015, 12:38 PM
i originally thought they may have been using the Asian cup as a way of avoiding dealing with it, but they should have acted by now imo.

MFKS
19-03-2015, 01:07 PM

I think you will find your maybe not quite far off the mark. Whilst ever Tinks keeps pulling Rabbits out of his arse and at least appears to make the effort he is trying they ain't doing shit.

Not so certain they are waiting until end of season though.

Think they are more so expecting him to have to have to concede defeat at some point like he did with Patinack and the Knights and are more so letting nature run its course etc.

Saves them a legal stoush and other than people in Newy hating on them for not acting sooner no one cares

My2BobsWorth
19-03-2015, 06:23 PM
What if FFA want the licence for another town and Tinks wants it to stay in Newy. Newy doesn't own the licence and it could end up anywhere. Conspiracy? Be careful what you wish for.

MFKS
19-03-2015, 06:46 PM
What if FFA want the licence for another town and Tinks wants it to stay in Newy. Newy doesn't own the licence and it could end up anywhere. Conspiracy? Be careful what you wish for.

Where is it going nostrildamus??

Canberra Wollongong??

No better options than us.

Of they want another team in Sydney or Melburn the FFA will just put one there.

Your talking shit again

plague
19-03-2015, 06:53 PM

Ok I'll be a little nicer than the good Member here but if there's any city ready to go within months (to keep the broadcast deal legit) then we would know about it already. Trust me.

Conversely if they think they can 'pull a Wanderers' and get a club up and running in the space of a few months then they are tripping. Wanderers invented football so that was a slam dunk.

But Im also not a conspiracy theory type dude* so you could be dead right.

*except 9/11, George Bush def pulled that off.

My2BobsWorth
19-03-2015, 08:19 PM
They can't put just one new team in, it has to be two. Newy has been a pain in the arse for FFA for longer than Tinks has been involved and the Gyps are no better, so why not join the two together. Red blue yellow. PV4 can make it work.

militiamon
19-03-2015, 10:08 PM
Did anyone else notice the part where Gallop said the FFA have had problems with debt themselves recently?

I would be taking that into consideration...
Still ****ed though.

Jetmaster
20-03-2015, 09:12 AM
Dear Fox,

During the finals how about getting Tarek, Rubes and Griff together with the Bozza and have an in depth interview about what has really happened in Newcastle over the last few years - would be compelling.

Skirt Boy
20-03-2015, 11:57 AM
They can't put just one new team in, it has to be two. Newy has been a pain in the arse for FFA for longer than Tinks has been involved and the Gyps are no better, so why not join the two together. Red blue yellow. PV4 can make it work.

Do you cherish your life?

hawk
20-03-2015, 12:33 PM

I guess most fans will vote with their feet next year and suggest it wont matter.

take flavor's advice and don't believe the hype boyyyyeee..

LiverJet
25-03-2015, 12:43 PM
anybody know how the court case with Reddog Techonology went?

Jeterpool
27-03-2015, 11:46 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2972056/tinkler-avoids-court-over-patinack/?cs=305

Tinkler avoids court over Patinack
By DONNA PAGE
March 26, 2015, 4:30 p.m.

BESIEGED former billionaire Nathan Tinkler reached an 11th-hour deal with liquidators this week to avoid facing a public examination over the collapse of Patinack Farm Administration.

It is the second time Mr Tinkler has dodged facing court over the matter in the past six months.

He came to a deal with liquidator Anthony Matthews in October, but negotiations broke down and the matter was set down to be heard in the Adelaide Supreme Court on Wednesday.

Mr Matthews planned to examine Mr Tinkler, his former right-hand man Troy Palmer and Patinack chief financial officer Tony Marshall on oath about the thoroughbred stud’s dealings.

Counsel for the liquidator told the court that the parties had reached a ‘‘partial settlement’’, that if ‘‘fully enacted’’ would cancel the court action altogether.

Mr Matthew said on Thursday that the matter was adjourned to June 17 following a settlement deal.

‘‘Should the terms of settlement not be adhered to by the next court date, the public examination of each of the parties will proceed,’’ he said.

Patinack Farm Administration, the employment arm of the business, was placed in liquidation in November, 2012, over a $16,978 debt owed to the Workcover Corporation of South Australia.

The company owed about $4.7 million to the Australian Tax Office.

In further good news for Mr Tinkler, a wind-up application by Reddog Technology against the Newcastle Jets was dropped in the Sydney Supreme Court on Monday.

On Tuesday, Ashurst Australia lawyers will appear in the Sydney Supreme Court trying to liquidate Tinkler Group Holdings Administration.

hawk
27-03-2015, 12:50 PM
Im so proud of our owner and I would want anything to accidently happen to him

pv4
01-04-2015, 10:47 AM
Got an email from the club yesterday about how my monthly membership payment was declined. The reason for this is my card expired, and I haven't updated my details.

Thought about how ironic it was that a Tinkler company is grilling me about overdue payments :rof:

q-money
01-04-2015, 10:49 AM
:rof: i generally take my time with them

Skirt Boy
01-04-2015, 10:54 AM
No wonder the big man has **** all coin to pay people. ****'s not getting paid himself.

MFKS
01-04-2015, 10:56 AM
Got an email from the club yesterday about how my monthly membership payment was declined. The reason for this is my card expired, and I haven't updated my details.

Thought about how ironic it was that a Tinkler company is grilling me about overdue payments :rof:

Pay them late.

Treat them like they treat everyone else

Beeen
01-04-2015, 12:12 PM
Send them plastic money because after all, you're probably a plastic fan. Hi Premy :brrr:

MFKS
13-04-2015, 06:29 PM
Former mining magnate Nathan Tinkler has picked up a job as an advisor to nickel explorer Rumble Resources as he steps up his return to the resources sector.

Mr Tinkler, who has been selling his assets to repay massive debts, will be paid in performance-based share options, potentially giving him a stake in the junior explorer.

Rumble Resources shares rose 1.7 cents, or 30.9 per cent, to 7.2 cents on the news at 1215 AEDT.

Singapore-based Mr Tinkler is trying to slash his debts after losing the bulk of his fortune during the recent resources downturn.

The 38-year-old former billionaire said there was significant value to be built at Rumble’s operations in the Fraser Range in Western Australia.

‘‘This could well be a world-class nickel province in the making,’’ he said in a statement on Monday.

Junior nickel miners are betting the price of the stainless steel ingredient has reached the bottom after hitting a six-year low earlier this month.Rumble Resources recently raised $1.68 million by issuing 37.5 million ordinary shares at 4.5 cents each.

Chief executive Shane Sikora said Mr Tinkler had been searching for assets around the world and that his connections and high profile would help the fledgling WA company.

‘‘His track record of creating significant shareholder value in both private and public companies, in addition to his experience in large-scale financial raisings, will be of great benefit to Rumble shareholders,’’ Mr Sikora said.

See your ad here
It is unclear how big Mr Tinkler’s stake in the company will be if he exercises all of his options.

Rumble Resources is focused on two main projects in the Fraser Range, including the Zanthus Project, 20km from Sirius Resources’ Nova-Bollinger discovery, and the Big Red Project, 450km east of Kalgoorlie.

Mr Tinkler’s foray into nickel comes after he sold his Patinack Farm horseracing operations in 2014 to a group of overseas and local buyers, in a deal believed to be worth between around $100 million and $130 million.

The move also comes after Mr Tinkler paid $150 million for a mothballed Queensland coal mine in May last year.Earlier this year, he sold four Gold Coast properties to help pay back $22 million owed to retailer Gerry Norman.

However, he appears likely to hold on to his Newcastle Jets A-league football team which he has been trying to sell after buying it for $5 million in 2010.

The team has consistently cost him money and at one stage he failed to pay the wages of 20 players and staff, including star coach Wayne Bennett.

Tinks back in the money it seems.

stopper2
13-04-2015, 09:03 PM
^^^^
Read that last line....."........including star coach Wayne Bennett". Can't be that hard to get the facts right FFS. Actually would have been hilarious if they had put "....including star coach Phil Stubbins"!!!!

MFKS
06-05-2015, 06:58 PM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3060317/nathan-tinkler-returns-to-corporate-scene/?cs=305

The comeback kid

Pico
18-05-2015, 07:51 AM
Mitchell Murphy tries to get money flowing for Jets players, staff
By ROBERT DILLON
May 17, 2015, 10:08 p.m

NEWCASTLE Jets chief executive Mitchell Murphy has promised to do "everything in my power" to ensure this is the last month the club's employees are left waiting for wages.

Jets players and staff are supposed to be paid on the 15th of every month, but on Friday the club issued a statement saying the wages would be "processed' on Monday, 72 hours in arrears.

It was the third time in four months that the club's employees have been kept waiting for their salaries.

In February and March, the wages were deposited 48 hours late. Asked if this trend was likely to continue, Murphy told the Newcastle Herald on Sunday: "I will be doing everything in my power to prevent it from happening ongoing".

Murphy said "the situation at hand has not changed" with regards to the club's statement on Friday. Embattled Jets owner Nathan Tinkler is expected to produce the necessary funds without financial assistance from Football Federation Australia.

"The explanation to our supporters and our fans is completely transparent," Murphy said. "The club has a cash-flow challenge.

"There is no other issue."

Murphy said it was "common sense" that paying wages had become increasingly problematic since the Australian Tax Office moved several months ago to garnish the monthly grant the Jets receive from FFA which is supposed to cover players' wages.

"Your cash-flow problem is compounded when you have a tax garnishee that doesn't enable the flow of the monthly grant from the FFA," he said.
See your ad here

Monthly wages aside, the Jets face another potential quandary in less than two weeks when a host of unwanted players come out of contract.

Standard A-League player contracts expire on May 31, at which point those who are not retained should have all outstanding wages, superannuation and other entitlements settled.

Asked if that would be the case with the players Newcastle are releasing, Murphy replied: "The focus at the moment is to address the wages bill tomorrow and then turn our attention to that."

Tinkler promised in February to address an estimated $400,000 in superannuation owed to past and present Newcastle players, but it remains outstanding.

There is also the issue of $40,000 in unpaid hiring fees, which has resulted in Jets players being effectively locked out of the club's training facilities at the University of Newcastle.

With no access to The Forum, players have been keeping fit at an alternative gymnasium.

But unless the debt to Newcastle University Sport is settled, Ray Watt Oval will remain off limits and Jets coach Phil Stubbins will have to find a new pitch when pre-season training kicks off in late June.

In a statement on Friday, Murphy said the "financial liability to NUsport will be settled in the coming weeks", but sources have told the Herald that NUsport executives have been considering contingency plans, such as leasing Ray Watt Oval to local amateur sporting associations.

www.theherald.com.au/story/3084732/murphy-tries-to-get-money-for-jets/?cs=306

Never fear, old murphy-dog is going to try and pay people on time now, wow every player & staff member must be so relieved to hear that.

Still no questioning regarding removing home games from Newcastle, come on herald hacks have a go.

belchardo
18-05-2015, 09:19 AM
so, they been paid yet?

Pico
18-05-2015, 09:43 PM
NBN news says not yet, but never fear Murphy is on the case making sure that this is not going to be an ongoing issue, apparently that equals paying on time once a quarter...actually for a Tinkler related entity that's probably not too bad.

hawk
19-05-2015, 12:33 AM
so, they been paid yet?

no play, no pay. fine print says they are all casual

Pico
19-05-2015, 07:41 AM
FFA set to blow whistle on Nathan Tinkler
By JAMES GARDINER
May 18, 2015, 10:45 p.m

NEWCASTLE Jets owner Nathan Tinkler is on the verge of having his A-League licence revoked after the fallen mining magnate failed to pay overdue wages and club management could not indicate when they would be able to do so.

Jets players and staff are supposed to be paid on the 15th of every month.

After issuing a statement on Friday, saying the wages would be ‘‘processed’’ on Monday – 72 hours in arrears – the Jets have conceded that the funds are not available.

‘‘Newcastle Jets regret to advise that the club has been unable to process monthly salaries for players and staff today,’’ Jets CEO Mitchell Murphy said in a statement on Monday night. ‘‘The club is in dialogue with Football Federation Australia regarding this situation, however unfortunately is unable at this point in time to place a definitive timeline on a resolution.’’

FFA chief executive officer David Gallop condemned the non-payment as ‘‘a serious failure by the Newcastle Jets’’.

‘‘This has happened despite repeated assurances about refinancing of the club and stabilising the operations,’’ Gallop added.

‘‘It’s totally unacceptable for the Jets to fall short of their basic obligations.

‘‘FFA will urgently examine all options available to have this situation addressed.’’

Professional Footballers Australia head of player relations Simon Colosimo said it was a ‘‘fundamental right’’ for players’ wages to be met on time.

‘‘It has been four months now, going month to month, that is not acceptable,’’ he said.

‘‘In the short term we will be working with the club to get the players paid. That is the priority, but the big picture is finding the right balance in Newcastle.

‘‘That is where FFA come in.

‘‘The game has a responsibility to work with all stakeholders to ensure that Newcastle are not only viable but a power again.’’

It is the third time in four months that Jets employees have been kept waiting for their salaries after the Herald revealed that the Australian Tax Office had taken out a garnishee order against Tinkler that enabled it to seize the $250,000 monthly grant the Jets receive from FFA.

In February and March, the wages were deposited 48 hours late.

In February Gallop warned Tinkler he had a ‘‘matter of days’’ to resolve the Jets’ liabilities, in particular an estimated $400,000 in unpaid superannuation.

That debt remains outstanding and is set to increase at the end of the month when standard A-League contracts are finalised, at which point those who are not retained are required to have all outstanding wages, superannuation and other entitlements settled.

The Jets are also $40,000 in arrears in hiring fees at the the club’s training facilities at the University of Newcastle and have been locked out.

Tinkler had given assurances, verbally and in writing, that those debts would be settled.

A-League clubs have historically encountered cash-flow issues in the off-season.

In the past, FFA has been sympathetic when those problems have been in isolation and the club’s general operations have otherwise been in order.

Since February, the Jets and other Tinkler-related companies have faced a series of wind-up actions over unpaid debts.

Some of these matters have been settled but others are continuing.

It has been reported that Tinkler’s liability to the ATO was about $2million. At that rate, the garnishee order will be imposed for another four months.

Jets players on Monday began a six-week break and many have travelled overseas or interstate.

The PFA has a ‘‘hardship fund’’ available to players for emergency situations.

Jets players contacted by the Herald expressed their ‘‘disappointment’’ and ‘‘disgust’’ at the delay.

Kat Caravella, the wife of departing midfielder Zenon Caravella, aired her frustration on Twitter posting: ‘‘Can the club please ask our bank, utility providers + pre school for an extension while they get one?’’

The Jets are due to assemble for pre-season training on June 22 and have 11 places to fill on their roster.

Tinkler has promised coach Phil Stubbins that the club would spend the full $2.55million salary cap on players next season and seek to recruit Australian and overseas marquee players.

www.theherald.com.au/story/3087226/ffa-set-to-blow-whistle-on-tinkler/?cs=306

Guess it'll be another trip to the Bank of Harvey for another quick fix withdrawal.

MFKS
19-05-2015, 08:24 AM
This should actually be causing me to get half a chubb.

Problem is the FFA have continually proven to be piss week and gutless dealing with him and I severely doubt we will get a positive resolution from this.

The way they treated Con and the slack they have shown Tinkler are a disgrace

lquiquer
19-05-2015, 09:03 AM
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2015/05/18/jets-players-going-unpaid-stubbins-chases-euro-talent-0
So according of the WG our Muppet is still in the UK.... Hope he stays there

Tommyjet
19-05-2015, 09:06 AM
Fuuuaaaarrrkkk! This could be a good week in terms of tinkler bashing articles and hopefully a final nail in the coffin of his shotty ownership. Like the good member above has said tho, I expect the FFA to f&$k it up.

MFKS
19-05-2015, 09:12 AM
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2015/05/18/jets-players-going-unpaid-stubbins-chases-euro-talent-0
So according of the WG our Muppet is still in the UK.... Hope he stays there

Be just like our club to claim Muppet going back to UK to visit relos and friends on his end of season holiday is an indepth on the ground scouting trip.
Not like our club to make grand statements and empty promises

No wonder Benny O couldn't shed any more light on it when he was asked on Twitter.

Blackmac79
19-05-2015, 10:20 AM
Poor Murphy.

Believed the promises of the fat man.

Guess he knows now...

Jetmaster
19-05-2015, 12:37 PM
Reckon Stubbs might not come back to Oz if...big if....FFA step in now.

stopper2
19-05-2015, 12:58 PM
Maybe Stubbins is actually looking for a coaching gig over in the UK while he is there.
The Muppet can't be that stubborn and stupied to think that he has any chance of having a career as a coach anymore in this country.

belchardo
19-05-2015, 01:06 PM
nah, jets got a good deal on a one way ticket and now can't afford the return leg.

MFKS
19-05-2015, 01:25 PM
nah, jets got a good deal on a one way ticket and now can't afford the return leg.

Be so funny if Muppet was sent over on a one way ticket and now he is waiting on Tinks to pay everyone at the Jets just so he can get money into his account to buy the plane ticket back to Newy.

The Dunster
19-05-2015, 01:38 PM
The way they treated Con and the slack they have shown Tinkler are a disgrace

Difference being that Lowy used his FFA influence to settle an old score related to his prior scuffs with Con and Park Lea Markets.

stopper2
19-05-2015, 03:03 PM
Difference being that Lowy used his FFA influence to settle an old score related to his prior scuffs with Con and Park Lea Markets.

Four years back I probably would have thought this comment was too far-fetched to believe. Now, after what has been going on not only at the Jets but with the FFA and the A League in general I wouldn't doubt this as a factor whatsoever.
Con was also probably considered as a left-over of "old soccer", not in line with the FFA's image of "new football", so this probably went against him too.
In the end though I don't think he would have been able to sustain a football club as he just ran out of money.

stopper2
19-05-2015, 03:20 PM
Actually the latest I've heard is that Stubbins is back, must just be keeping a low....very low profile!