PDA

View Full Version : Insert Name Here aka The Ownership Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

hawk
21-09-2015, 10:31 PM
This is no surprise. Rather expected. Enjoy suckers and thanks cvnts of the ffa, you can go build brisbane up.

matty
21-09-2015, 10:42 PM
always had my doubts about his cash flow and effectiveness to provide funds for marquees ect. then you cop a hiding off people saying he turned dundee around rah rah rah. i suggest some people to read eddies army forum and see what the blokes all about.

lquiquer
21-09-2015, 11:19 PM
FMD we just lucky to exist.....

weston
22-09-2015, 08:01 AM
It's like getting on a roller coaster. Bitching and whinging the whole time your on it. You get off. See a big line and think "this ride must be good, the line is so long".

When you get to the front it's the same damn roller coaster you were on before.

The Dunster
22-09-2015, 08:17 AM
Like anyone on this forum could cope if the club wasn't a basket case. Shit owner = shit club = no finals = more shit to talk about on forum.

Jetmaster
22-09-2015, 09:16 AM
Let's just see what transpires eh?

The deal isn't over the line and remember in this case it is Thompson being part of a consortium with FFA demanding local involvement.

leftrightout
22-09-2015, 09:17 AM
I don't mind if he is all about finding players making them better and selling them, itd be a nice change from the current standard of finding players and making them worse and having to wait until their contract is up.
At least this way we will hopefully have some players playing decent football while they are here!

Glass half full hey, its not a thought process used by many of us but im going to give it a try!

R Ramjet
22-09-2015, 07:20 PM
seriously tho if the ffa want us sold and he has been keen to own us for some time now how long can it take to work out a deal ....... if either party hadnt got what they wanted by now you would just move on and look for other opportunities wouldnt you ? no way should it be taking this long to sort out a sale agreement !

MFKS
22-09-2015, 07:51 PM
seriously tho if the ffa want us sold and he has been keen to own us for some time now how long can it take to work out a deal ....... if either party hadnt got what they wanted by now you would just move on and look for other opportunities wouldnt you ? no way should it be taking this long to sort out a sale agreement !

But if your Thompson waiting as long as possible is your go.

The longer FFA have the club the less it costs him as they are keen to cut their losses and move on

stopper2
22-09-2015, 09:14 PM
Smell the roses fellas, why is Thompson keen to invest in the Jets?.....certainly not out of the goodwill of his heart to make the Jets a powerhouse. Dundee United and his business interests are his priority, the Newcastle Jets are low down on his priorities. I'm not going to even attempt to guess what his overall agenda is in wanting to buy into the Jets but my gut feeling is that long term he is not the answer in bringing stability and continuity to the club. Fair enough if he is part of a consortium where he has input but I would be very wary if he were to have a majority stakehold and have the final say in decisions.

GazFish35
22-09-2015, 09:57 PM
He wants sunshine.

As if you'd live in Scotland if you could live in newy.

rhysd
22-09-2015, 10:00 PM
Have heard he will relocate.

Tommyjet
22-09-2015, 10:24 PM
Smell the roses fellas, why is Thompson keen to invest in the Jets?.....certainly not out of the goodwill of his heart to make the Jets a powerhouse. Dundee United and his business interests are his priority, the Newcastle Jets are low down on his priorities. I'm not going to even attempt to guess what his overall agenda is in wanting to buy into the Jets but my gut feeling is that long term he is not the answer in bringing stability and continuity to the club. Fair enough if he is part of a consortium where he has input but I would be very wary if he were to have a majority stakehold and have the final say in decisions.
His daughter lives in Australia

WolfMan
22-09-2015, 10:31 PM
Isn't it sister? Either way, it doesn't matter

matty
23-09-2015, 12:34 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3371017/jets-deal-done-ffa-forecasts-sale-after-kick-off/?cs=306

dun deel apparently, we will have to wait till after kick off for it to take effect

Tommyjet
23-09-2015, 05:57 AM
Isn't it sister? Either way, it doesn't matter
His sister seems most likely to take over as chairwoman at Dundee if he steps away. 98% sure he has a daughter here

GazFish35
23-09-2015, 08:22 AM
CBA might have slowed things

All in good time.
I'm just keen to know if there'll be haggis at games.

boz-monaut
23-09-2015, 08:27 AM
dun deel
:lulz:

belchardo
23-09-2015, 08:59 AM
CBA might have slowed things

All in good time.

probably not, but I reckon everything at the stadium will be deep fried from here on...

you'll probably also get a couple of potato chips/crisps with everything as well.

MFKS
23-09-2015, 09:08 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3371017/jets-deal-done-ffa-forecasts-sale-after-kick-off/?cs=306

dun deel apparently, we will have to wait till after kick off for it to take effect

Bullshit. I will believe it when I see it

What price Herald are getting their scoops off the foz again???

Bon
23-09-2015, 09:10 AM
Just heard an interview with David Eland on ABC radio..
Basically saying terms have been agreed with new owners group, but will take a few weeks to finalise.. (So same thing that was hinted at a few weeks ago)..
I saw Matty write it up above (nice work, mate), but I couldn't help but chuckle when the interviewer was asking him if it was a "dun deel".. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was accidental, seeing as how he referred to our coach as Scott McDonald.. :blush:

lquiquer
23-09-2015, 09:11 AM
probably not, but I reckon everything at the stadium will be deep fried from here on...

you'll probably also get a couple of potato chips/crisps with everything as well.

Depp fried Mars bar.... :fright:

belchardo
23-09-2015, 10:08 AM
Depp fried Mars bar.... :fright:

johnny depp is going to be at the games? that'll bring the ladies in. hope he doesn't bring the dogs over this time!

Jetmaster
23-09-2015, 10:29 AM

And whisky?

Beeen
23-09-2015, 02:24 PM
And whisky?

no greater than mid-strength whisky & cola

Jeterpool
01-10-2015, 10:21 AM
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34386314

Recent going's on at Dundee United and the actions of Thompson. He sacked the manager over the weekend.

q-money
01-10-2015, 10:31 AM
least he's not afraid to sack the coach

GazFish35
01-10-2015, 11:29 AM
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34386314

Recent going's on at Dundee and the actions of Thompson. He sacked the Dundee manager over the weekend.

That's not his club.

This (http://dufc.co/), is his club.

Grimario
01-10-2015, 11:31 AM
That's not his club.

The article is about his club though, despite Jeterpool getting the name wrong.

Jeterpool
01-10-2015, 11:32 AM
That's not his club.

Rectified.

lquiquer
07-10-2015, 11:28 PM
Dundee U coming last in SPL after 10 games......hummmm....just saying :sigh:

R Ramjet
08-10-2015, 02:23 PM
so with this ownership deal with this mystery consortium taking forever to be finalised its looking unlikely that any community engagement in the ownership will be likely to happen. We assume Thompson is involved in this consortium but details of who else are no where to be seen. I reckon when its finally completed this consortium will take over and community ownership wont even be mentioned. The ffa just made it seem like a possibility while they were conducting their member/business/community forums just to give fans and members some false hope and keep them as members for this season. Does it really have to be so secretive as to who is involved in this consortium and these talks. Whether the deal is completed or not it will eventually come out. Cant really see why the people involved have to be a secret it gives me the shits actually. What would have happened if all existing members refused to renew memberships until details were released or the deal was actually completed before they chose to renew or not. Its a business deal for a sporting team so why the need for secret squirrel talk. Just doesnt seem fair for members to pay money to be a part of something they know nothing about !

The Camel
08-10-2015, 03:18 PM
so with this ownership deal with this mystery consortium taking forever to be finalised its looking unlikely that any community engagement in the ownership will be likely to happen. We assume Thompson is involved in this consortium but details of who else are no where to be seen. I reckon when its finally completed this consortium will take over and community ownership wont even be mentioned. The ffa just made it seem like a possibility while they were conducting their member/business/community forums just to give fans and members some false hope and keep them as members for this season. Does it really have to be so secretive as to who is involved in this consortium and these talks. Whether the deal is completed or not it will eventually come out. Cant really see why the people involved have to be a secret it gives me the shits actually. What would have happened if all existing members refused to renew memberships until details were released or the deal was actually completed before they chose to renew or not. Its a business deal for a sporting team so why the need for secret squirrel talk. Just doesnt seem fair for members to pay money to be a part of something they know nothing about !

Whilst I would also love to know a bit more information. Most business transactions negotiations are commercial in confidence and to be honest I would be a bit worried if it were being all played out in public. Your membership/season tickets is money forked out to watch live football, that is still there regardless of ownership talks behind the scenes, we know who the players are, who is coaching them and you make a choice to either pay money to come watch or not. You are not buying shares and your membership is not going to increase or decrease in value dependent on ownership business like it would shares, therefore it is really not any business of anybody other that those parties involved from a business point of view.

R Ramjet
08-10-2015, 05:19 PM
Whilst I would also love to know a bit more information. Most business transactions negotiations are commercial in confidence and to be honest I would be a bit worried if it were being all played out in public. Your membership/season tickets is money forked out to watch live football, that is still there regardless of ownership talks behind the scenes, we know who the players are, who is coaching them and you make a choice to either pay money to come watch or not. You are not buying shares and your membership is not going to increase or decrease in value dependent on ownership business like it would shares, therefore it is really not any business of anybody other that those parties involved from a business point of view.

I think there is more to being a member than just "money forked out to watch live football". Anyone can fork out money each week to go to a game and watch live football without being a member. Why the big push for membership drives these days ?. Being a member is making a financial commitment to a club to show support and helps fund the club before you even attend any games. I can watch every game at home live and give the team my support without giving them any money. I realise the details of the deal shouldnt be public knowledge. Just think it may be unfair for members to sign up and be kept in the dark for so long now. Being a member is meant to make you feel an important part of the club isnt it.

Beeen
08-10-2015, 06:54 PM
Dundee U coming last in SPL after 10 games......hummmm....just saying :sigh:

Ciftci, Mackay-Steven & Armstrong all gone to Celtic last season or before the start of this one. Plus they have McGowan at the back :yap:

belchardo
24-10-2015, 01:11 PM
all gone a bit quite hasn't it.

Tommyjet
24-10-2015, 01:48 PM
I saw a tweet a week ago or so suggesting the ffa were asking for too much for the licence and that Thompson and co were refusing to pay that price. I guess they know they are the only one interested

la bazzle
31-10-2015, 12:30 PM
So ahhhh.... Is this still a thing?

furns
31-10-2015, 12:40 PM
well De Bohun told us it should be done at end of the month - so we will see

Tommyjet
31-10-2015, 02:10 PM
Jimmy Gardiners Mail is that a deal is agreed in principle and the lawyers are looking over it. F@&King lawyers dragging things out as usual.

plague
31-10-2015, 02:19 PM
Frank just jacked the price up another $5m.

Bloke knows when to strike while the iron is hot.

The Dunster
31-10-2015, 02:27 PM
Will Miller and JP be staying or will the new owners bring in their own people ?
Things are going great at the moment so I'm a bit worried that it might all go to shit if a new owner starts stamping their authority over a system that is working well.

joel31
31-10-2015, 02:56 PM
Will Miller and JP be staying or will the new owners bring in their own people ?
Things are going great at the moment so I'm a bit worried that it might all go to shit if a new owner starts stamping their authority over a system that is working well.
miller and JP better stay

Jetmaster
31-10-2015, 06:33 PM
It's how they make money...process and time v outcomes.

Tommyjet
31-10-2015, 07:30 PM
I believe there was a clause inserted in millers contract that relates to a 3 month period. I didn't quite understand it when I heard of it.
I think he is pretty safe to be honest. Although we haven't been playing the most attractive football, the signs are there that our attack is progressing and more and more chances will be created.

Jeterpool
31-10-2015, 07:35 PM

If they get rid of a team that are currently sitting in first place, then they need to be fed to the crocodiles...not the Dundee utd version

hawk
01-11-2015, 10:15 AM
FO Thompson. FFA runs a pretty good ship

OmeletteDuFromage
04-11-2015, 11:13 PM
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2015/11/04/sale-jets-hold-thompson-deal

The parties were close to an agreement at the end of August, but FFA’s valuation of the licence it took back from former mining baron Nathan Tinkler, the on-going cost of regenerating the franchise and a rethinking of his own financial model has led to Thompson cooling his interest.

It’s understood FFA is in talks with another potential purchaser but its unknown how advanced those discussions are.

While the club has flourished since FFA seized back their ownership, as Tinkler teetered under an avalanche of debt, the current agreement involves a significant drain on resources.

It is projected that any potential owner would need to be prepared to bleed around $1.5 million a season, ahead of a new TV deal in 2017, which would likely raise the grant made available to clubs.

The Jets are in third spot after four A-League games, just a point off leaders Sydney FC, and have been invigorated by new coach Scott Miller and a heavily rejigged squad.

Thompson, who has problems closer to home with the Tangerines propping up the Scottish Premiership and new Finnish coach Mixu Paatelainen at the helm, declined to comment when contacted by The World Game, citing a pre-existing confidentiality agreement with FFA.

But it's understood that Thompson’s consortium, which included fellow Tangerines director Mike Martin, was looking to recruit investors based in Newcastle, as potential shareholders in the venture, but was unable to unearth any significant backing.

The feeling is that the tumultuous eras presided over by former owner Con Constantine and then Tinkler, may have cast a pall over the club and spooked local backers, at least in the short-term.

While unwilling to comment publicly, Thompson has not totally closed the door on a possible purchase, though that is now a receding prospect.

Ironically, Thomson had agreed to buy the club for $3.5 million from Tinkler just days before he was deposed by the governing body, after breaching the terms of his licence by placing the club in voluntary receivership.

furns
04-11-2015, 11:28 PM
ffs
literally ten minutes after we finish recording the podcast.....

GazFish35
04-11-2015, 11:33 PM
FO Thompson. FFA runs a pretty good ship

Looks like you got your wish.

Can't help but think this is partly SBS being anti-FFA and talking the sale down... And any future sale by telling the world there's not enough corporate backing in Newcastle.

Or it's brinkmanship by either party, probably Thompson, trying to get the price down.

Either way - bring back Murphy.

stopper2
05-11-2015, 09:41 PM
Imagine the outrage with his own Dundee United supporters that here you have the Tangerines sitting at the bottom of the table and there is talk of the owner Thompson of investing money into a football club on the other side of the planet!!! Thompson had no choice but to not go ahead with the deal, after all his priority is Dundee United and therein lies the conundrum. Dundee United would have always been Thompson's priority and our Newcastle Jets an afterthought.....we deserve better lads.

hawk
05-11-2015, 10:21 PM
Looks like you got your wish.
Can't help but think this is partly SBS being anti-FFA and talking the sale down... And any future sale by telling the world there's not enough corporate backing in Newcastle.
Or it's brinkmanship by either party, probably Thompson, trying to get the price down.
either way - bring back Murphy.

hmmm my usual sarcasm metre was up but I think I would prefer a different owner. Barca could buy us.....waiting...waiting

belchardo
05-11-2015, 10:27 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/05/newcastle-jets-back-up-for-sale-after-deal-with-dundee-united-owner-falls-through

Some sauce for the story. Appears he is not completely out of it, just no longer the only one they are talking to.

furns
05-11-2015, 10:38 PM
Red Bull Newcastle

Its back on lads

Jeterpool
05-11-2015, 11:04 PM
Red Bull Newcastle

Its back on lads

Was it Dillon who said this ages ago? I put it up as a suggestion months before that. Some other writer put this forward too I recall

Edit - it was an opinion piece from Adam Santarosa

Otherwise Cellini might be on the hunt for a new club.

Anyone know how Berlusconi is going these days?

q-money
05-11-2015, 11:27 PM
no to red bull (unless they make griff coach)

GazFish35
05-11-2015, 11:29 PM
Fire up the paddle steamers and take over this gin joint ourselves!

furns
06-11-2015, 12:37 AM

Yes yes to bunga bunga parties

Retro Jet
06-11-2015, 01:22 AM
+1

RB Leipzig is a joke now.
BSG Chemie Leipzig. Jetzt ghets los!

matty
06-11-2015, 01:02 PM
another potential owner is an american basketball team owner who wants to get into football.

The Camel
06-11-2015, 01:22 PM
another potential owner is an american basketball team owner who wants to get into football.

Probably the Racist bloke from the LA Clippers that got banned from the NBA for life. We need more of a circus act otherwise the poor Member will go bored.

WolfMan
06-11-2015, 01:37 PM
I heard Jarryd Hayne is interested in buying us, but only if he can wear #38

Liam26
06-11-2015, 02:29 PM

well he would at least have the cash

Jetmaster
10-11-2015, 08:42 AM
Not dead yet...

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3480866/dundee-boss-not-done-with-jets/?cs=306

And very interesting that Thompson actually has allowed himself to be interviewed.

R Ramjet
10-11-2015, 09:59 AM
The unofficial agreement period between ffa and thompson has expired so now he can discuss the matter without breaching any terms. Seems like he is pretty determined to still buy us

hawk
10-11-2015, 10:33 PM
he knows 4 mill is a crock.

R Ramjet
07-12-2015, 05:01 PM
is it worth it to start passing the hat around to see what funds we can come up with ? might be the only way for us to get a change of ownership

furns
07-12-2015, 05:26 PM
We are currently being shopped around by UBS, expect to hear how that's going sometime in the new year

hawk
10-12-2015, 12:38 PM
We are currently being shopped around by UBS, expect to hear how that's going sometime in the new year

but wait for it.... its important to not let anyone know about it at the moment....so important

MFKS
06-01-2016, 02:51 PM
NATHAN Tinkler and his sister Donna Dennis could be called to give evidence in a public examination by Newcastle Jets liquidator James Shaw.

Mr Shaw is the liquidator of Newcastle Jets Football Operations Pty Ltd (in liquidation), the company that ran the club before Football Federation Australia took over the licence in May 2015.

In a recent report to creditors, Mr Shaw said he believed the company had been trading insolvently from as early as October 10, 2014, and had incurred debts of about $2.3 million since that date.

Mr Shaw said he had identified $970,000 in “unfair preferential payments” by the company in the six months before it went into liquidation, and had recovered $296,000 of that amount.

He said employees had been owed more than $800,000 in wages and entitlements and more than $740,000 in superannuation, to a total of $1.56 million.

Employees who lodged claims with the federal government’s Fair Entitlement Guarantee Scheme had received more than $317,000, and other claims were still being processed.

Mr Shaw said he had to consider a director’s “personal financial position and their capacity to pay” before deciding whether it was commercially viable to pursue anyone for insolvent trading.

“The director, Donna Dennis, has provided a statement of her personal assets and liabilities and indicates that she would not have the financial capacity to repay any claim made,” Mr Shaw said in his report.

Corporate records show Mr Tinkler ceased to be a Jets director in October 2011 but the club continued to operate from Tinkler Group addresses and was controlled by Tinkler Group companies.

See your ad here
Mr Shaw’s report said Ms Dennis was the only person named as a Jets director at the time it went under. Even so, Mr Tinkler could still be regarded as a director under the Corporations Act even if he was not “formally appointed” but was someone “who acts in that role or on whose instructions or wishes the directors of the company are accustomed to act”.

“My investigations and observations of the company’s affairs indicate that Mr Nathan Tinkler may be a shadow or de facto director of the company,” Mr Shaw said.

He said corporations law allowed a shadow director to be held “personally liable for debts incurred at a time when the company was proven to be insolvent”.

Mr Shaw said financial assistance was potentially available if authorities agreed that an examination of Mr Tinkler was in the public interest. He should know in the next few weeks whether to proceed with attempts to examine Mr Tinkler.

Be a great day if someone actually got him

stopper2
06-01-2016, 06:21 PM

Be a great day if someone actually got him

yeah mate, one wonders too how an organisation (FFA) can allow one of it's Franchises (The Newcastle Jets) to keep operating for months after it knew that the owner was trading insolvent.

The Dunster
06-01-2016, 07:36 PM
Tinklers not even in the same league as khunts working in the finance / banking / Super Annuation / Insurance industries. He's done very little damage in comparison to what those other khunts have.

Jeterpool
19-01-2016, 09:45 AM
Soccer Stoppage Time said last night there is a Chinese Consortium interested in the Jets.

Remember they said that Poljak wasn't going to the Jets...1 hour later it was announced.

The Postman
19-01-2016, 10:59 AM
Probably just one of the several parties that the FFA has been talking to, so move along nothing to see here.

GazFish35
21-01-2016, 09:52 AM
Anyone listen to the fox sports pod this week?

Cockerill suggested community ownership should be looked at.

Peacock and hill suggested cockerill was talking about something he knew was happening in the background..... Any else listen?

Jeterpool
21-01-2016, 10:09 AM
Anyone listen to the fox sports pod this week?

Cockerill suggested community ownership should be looked at.

Peacock and hill suggested cockerill was talking about something he knew was happening in the background..... Any else listen?

Yeah I heard that too. Thinking the same as you.

WolfMan
21-01-2016, 03:18 PM
I know the HR role is out to tender, so this could support an imminent ownership decision

Jeterpool
21-01-2016, 03:44 PM
I know the HR role is out to tender, so this could support an imminent ownership decision

The HR Role with the Newcastle Jets? A newly created position?

WolfMan
21-01-2016, 04:22 PM
Potentially. Don't know details but do know there is a role to be filled. Outsourcing, but locally if that makes sense

Tommyjet
22-01-2016, 05:53 AM
Quote:
How China's plan for football domination could transform the A-League

January 21, 2016 - 9:51PM

Sebastian Hassett

A leading player agent has revealed he's seen the document that details China's plan to take world football by storm - and the A-League has been identified as a key component in their predicted rise to the top.

Tony Rallis, who spent this week brokering Trent Sainsbury's lucrative move to Chinese club Jiangsu Sainty, says he was "blown away" by what was presented to him during the course of negotiations.

The move will make Sainsbury the second highest-paid player in the Socceroos' setup, trailing only Tim Cahill, who signed an extension for 2016 with his club, Shanghai Shenhua. Sainsbury is understood to have agreed a deal worth $3.5 million per season after tax.

But Rallis said while the vision presented to him by Jiangsu was impressive in trying to lure Sainsbury from Dutch club PEC Zwolle, the real point of interest was when the club's owners produced the national blueprint for how they planned to "win the World Cup in the next 24 years".

"The Chinese government have pinpointed football as critical for their success as a nation and the plan is very clear - it ends with them winning the World Cup," he said. "They are determined to make it a reality and have informed the business leaders that they expect to see massive investment in football. It's something that will be looked upon very favourably."

Rallis said that rather than having China simply import intel from abroad, they were preparing to go much deeper in training their players to become champions.

"They've realised they need an enormous, concerted effort in order to produce the kind of players capable of winning World Cups," he said. "It's not just about buying coaches or making the Chinese Super League grow. Look at the players there last season - Robinho, Demba Ba, Cahill, Paulinho, Asamoah Gyan. It's already rising faster than most people are aware of."

And that's where Australia comes into the frame.

"It's a certainty that Chinese investors will look to buy A-League clubs. They see massive, untapped potential in Australia and, specifically, their academies," Rallis said. "They see our academies as places where you can have a 12-year-old, let him grow and develop, and come out as a better player with a complete football education.

"The great part is they don't want to replace Australian kids, they want top Chinese juniors to learn alongside Australian juniors. So Australia gets to reap the benefits of academies that are well-resourced with top coaches, increased competition and better players."

"It won't just be Australia, of course. There's nations around the world they've already begun identifying as places where they can roll-out this model. But they definitely see Australia as the ideal fit."

The Chinese, according to Rallis, believe Australia is a stable market, boasting strong football knowledge and a system free of corruption.

"With the exception of one or two clubs, they perceive that the A-League is well run," he said. "To purchase a club will also cost a lot less than clubs elsewhere. For them, the return on investment will be very strong.

"Four of the nine Australian-based A-League clubs are foreign owned but I expect that number could double over the next few years, which helps us pave the way for expansion."

The Newcastle Jets are up for sale by the FFA and Rallis said the owners at Jiangsu had already contemplated an approach.

He also reckoned that A-League fans could also get what they've been demanding most: big names.

"These guys are very clued in to what the A-League needs. They know it needs big stars and a better television deal and they're right across this," Rallis said. "They'll have no trouble dropping the money on a Chris Gayle-type marquee because they know they return will come in television rights. They can cope with losing five or six million dollars per season if what they are getting, long-term, is significantly more valuable.

"Put it this way - Jiangsu offered Yaya Toure $500,000 net per week to play there. That's the financial ball park they're playing in."

With several A-League owners struggling to come up with the finances required to keep going, Rallis said the FFA needed to enact a plan to make sure the investment materialised.

"Europe is financially ruined and long-term, China is where it's all going to happen, especially in regards to Australia," he said. "Inside ten years, Asian investment will drive world football. In many ways, it already is. But this is our chance."

Tommyjet
22-01-2016, 06:00 AM
ewcastle Jets could be sold within months as FFA reveal firm interest
37 minutes ago|
by Barry Toohey|
Source: The Daily Telegraph

THE struggling Newcastle Jets could be sold within a matter of months with the FFA revealing there is firm interest from European and Asian parties for the embattled franchise.

Since Nathan Tinkler’s controversial reign as owner ended last May, the FFA has been forced to dip into its own coffers to finance the club and keep the franchise afloat.

But despite a limited budget that has seen the Jets battle for on-field results, FFA CEO David Gallop has told The Daily Telegraph he is optimistic the sale of the club is potentially just around the corner.

Asset management company UBS Australia has been hired to assist with the process.

“We expect UBS to have an information document in the marketplace within the next few weeks but we already have a number of interested parties including strong Asian and European interest which gives us plenty of optimism about a potential sale,” Gallop said.

“On a best-case scenario, it will probably take some months and we want to find a good fit for Newcastle and the football community of the Hunter.

“Obviously, the price is a consideration as well.”

Gallop would not comment on how much the FFA believes the club is worth but it is understood to be around the $5 million to $6 million mark.

Dundee United major shareholder Stephen Thompson is believed to have offered as much as $4 million for the Jets several months ago but was knocked back and the potential deal fell through.

Gallop, who was at Hunter Stadium last Sunday to see the Jets end their goal scoring drought in a 3-1 win over Wellington, said the club remains an attractive proposition for investors.

“There is genuine interest out there, both here in Australia and overseas, so I think that says a fair bit.”

Meanwhile, Gallop is confident the Jets can resolve their differences with leading player David Carney, who is at the centre of a standoff with the club over his re-signing.

Off contract at the end of the season, the club is yet to talk to him about his playing future.

It’s expected Carney will finally sit down with coach Scott Miller and CEO David Eland in the next 24 hours, prior to Sunday’s home clash against Perth, in a bid to sort out their differences.

Sydney FC has already made a play for the veteran former Socceroo with coach Graham Arnold keen to get him on board immediately if the Jets are prepared to release him.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/teams/newcastle-jets/newcastle-jets-could-be-sold-within-months-as-ffa-reveal-firm-interest/news-story/54b9f13bb62118671b1776f334b37be4

Premy
22-01-2016, 07:01 AM
Quote:
How China's plan for football domination could transform the A-League

January 21, 2016 - 9:51PM

Sebastian Hassett

A leading player agent has revealed he's seen the document that details China's plan to take world football by storm - and the A-League has been identified as a key component in their predicted rise to the top.

Tony Rallis, who spent this week brokering Trent Sainsbury's lucrative move to Chinese club Jiangsu Sainty, says he was "blown away" by what was presented to him during the course of negotiations.

The move will make Sainsbury the second highest-paid player in the Socceroos' setup, trailing only Tim Cahill, who signed an extension for 2016 with his club, Shanghai Shenhua. Sainsbury is understood to have agreed a deal worth $3.5 million per season after tax.

But Rallis said while the vision presented to him by Jiangsu was impressive in trying to lure Sainsbury from Dutch club PEC Zwolle, the real point of interest was when the club's owners produced the national blueprint for how they planned to "win the World Cup in the next 24 years".

"The Chinese government have pinpointed football as critical for their success as a nation and the plan is very clear - it ends with them winning the World Cup," he said. "They are determined to make it a reality and have informed the business leaders that they expect to see massive investment in football. It's something that will be looked upon very favourably."

Rallis said that rather than having China simply import intel from abroad, they were preparing to go much deeper in training their players to become champions.

"They've realised they need an enormous, concerted effort in order to produce the kind of players capable of winning World Cups," he said. "It's not just about buying coaches or making the Chinese Super League grow. Look at the players there last season - Robinho, Demba Ba, Cahill, Paulinho, Asamoah Gyan. It's already rising faster than most people are aware of."

And that's where Australia comes into the frame.

"It's a certainty that Chinese investors will look to buy A-League clubs. They see massive, untapped potential in Australia and, specifically, their academies," Rallis said. "They see our academies as places where you can have a 12-year-old, let him grow and develop, and come out as a better player with a complete football education.

"The great part is they don't want to replace Australian kids, they want top Chinese juniors to learn alongside Australian juniors. So Australia gets to reap the benefits of academies that are well-resourced with top coaches, increased competition and better players."

"It won't just be Australia, of course. There's nations around the world they've already begun identifying as places where they can roll-out this model. But they definitely see Australia as the ideal fit."

The Chinese, according to Rallis, believe Australia is a stable market, boasting strong football knowledge and a system free of corruption.

"With the exception of one or two clubs, they perceive that the A-League is well run," he said. "To purchase a club will also cost a lot less than clubs elsewhere. For them, the return on investment will be very strong.

"Four of the nine Australian-based A-League clubs are foreign owned but I expect that number could double over the next few years, which helps us pave the way for expansion."

The Newcastle Jets are up for sale by the FFA and Rallis said the owners at Jiangsu had already contemplated an approach.

He also reckoned that A-League fans could also get what they've been demanding most: big names.

"These guys are very clued in to what the A-League needs. They know it needs big stars and a better television deal and they're right across this," Rallis said. "They'll have no trouble dropping the money on a Chris Gayle-type marquee because they know they return will come in television rights. They can cope with losing five or six million dollars per season if what they are getting, long-term, is significantly more valuable.

"Put it this way - Jiangsu offered Yaya Toure $500,000 net per week to play there. That's the financial ball park they're playing in."

With several A-League owners struggling to come up with the finances required to keep going, Rallis said the FFA needed to enact a plan to make sure the investment materialised.

"Europe is financially ruined and long-term, China is where it's all going to happen, especially in regards to Australia," he said. "Inside ten years, Asian investment will drive world football. In many ways, it already is. But this is our chance."

I would be happy with Chinese overlords.

WolfMan
22-01-2016, 08:05 AM
How good is the "with the exception of one or two clubs, they perceive that the A-League is run well"...

That's us!! So proud

MFKS
22-01-2016, 09:15 AM
How good is the "with the exception of one or two clubs, they perceive that the A-League is run well"...

That's us!! So proud

Silver lining is the Gypos are the other club

De-Champ
22-01-2016, 10:12 AM
Brisbane and Melbourne City are foreign owned, who are the other two clubs that are foreign owned. (out of the 9 Australian clubs)

The Dunster
22-01-2016, 10:13 AM
Brisbane and Melbourne City are foreign owned, who are the other two clubs that are foreign owned. (out of the 9 Australian clubs)

Sydney FC and Adelaide ? Maybe.

Beeen
22-01-2016, 10:56 AM
Newy + Jiangsu half-half scarves, can't wait!

Tommyjet
22-01-2016, 10:56 AM
Russians at Sydney, other nix?

Jetmaster
22-01-2016, 12:25 PM
We expect UBS to have an information document in the marketplace within the next few weeks

FFS - didn't they get these clowns on board about 3 months ago, what is taking them so long?

I did a business plan and IM for the Chinese market on Monday and it only took me half a day!!

Simple info doc...

- we have a football club with players
- we developed the famous Beijing Griffos
- we have coal nearby and a port
- we have a university for your kids
- we have many willing females
- we have koalas

Yours for 5 million knicker.

Wilso8948
22-01-2016, 01:29 PM
FFS - didn't they get these clowns on board about 3 months ago, what is taking them so long?

I did a business plan and IM for the Chinese market on Monday and it only took me half a day!!

Simple info doc...

- we have a football club with players
- we developed the famous Beijing Griffos
- we have coal nearby and a port
- we have a university for your kids
- we have many willing females
- we have koalas

Yours for 5 million knicker.

Don't forget the world class casino at Wests

Jeterpool
22-01-2016, 02:13 PM
Don't forget the world class casino at Wests

And a giant dick at our port entrance

Plus a Griff the Redeemer statue in discussions

Jetmaster
22-01-2016, 02:31 PM
Our market testers over there told us to include a cartoon caricature of a kangaroo on any packaging, even tampon boxes have cartoon kangaroos on them !! - this increases likelihood of a purchase over there up to 73%.

There you go UBS....

Frodo
22-01-2016, 02:38 PM
Our market testers over there told us to include a cartoon caricature of a kangaroo on any packaging, even tampon boxes have cartoon kangaroos on them !! - this increases likelihood of a purchase over there up to 73%.

There you go UBS....

Can we please be renamed the Jiangsu Newcastle Kangaroos.. Make this happen.

Every member gets a selfie stick too.

Bon
22-01-2016, 02:39 PM

:lulzturtle:

hawk
22-01-2016, 04:33 PM

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f7/29/ef/f729ef7a72cc9ef7565d6ff89c5f715d.jpg

GazFish35
22-01-2016, 04:43 PM

**** me these ****s are as clueless as Tinkler

Jetmaster
22-01-2016, 05:37 PM
Tinks dalliances are chicken feed compared to the big boyz.

furns
22-01-2016, 08:01 PM

Plus a Griff the Redeemer statue in discussions
:brrr:

belchardo
26-01-2016, 09:11 AM

has the member moved?

Jeterpool
26-01-2016, 09:30 AM
has the member moved?

Play the ball, not the man

belchardo
26-01-2016, 04:47 PM
Play the ball, not the man

oh alright then.

apologies member.

Jeterpool
27-01-2016, 12:47 PM
It's OK everyone. We aren't in limbo!

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3688283/david-eland-says-jets-not-in-limbo/?cs=306

Newcastle Jets: Olyroo Steve Ugarkovic in line for debut as CEO disputes club in limbo claims

By: James Gardiner

OLYROOS midfielder Steve Ugarkovic will participate in his first full Newcastle Jets training session on Wednesday ahead of a likely debut against Adelaide United.

And club management hope to finalise another new addition as the Jets attempt to bounce back from a 6-1 capitulation to Perth and keep their fading finals hopes alive in Adelaide on Sunday.

“We are getting closer,” chief executive David Eland said with regards to signing a player with the proceeds from the sale of Lee Ki-je.

“We are doing everything we can to make sure we get the right player. We are fortunate that Scott [Miller] has mentors and a lot of people across Europe he can consult. That has been a big part of the due diligence. We are getting closer.”

With the search for a new owner continuing, some long-suffering fans have questioned FFA’s commitment to the Jets and suggested that the club is in a holding pattern, claims that Eland rejects.

“Clearly the club is not achieving the results that we want to achieve,” said Eland, who splits his time between running the Jets and Northern NSW Football.

“As far as the club being in limbo … I understand where the fans are coming from. I wish I was a fan of a club that won every week and won every championship.

“What I would say is let’s not underestimate what the FFA have done here. For the governing body to come in and take over the licence after Nathan Tinkler – it is on the record that the club is projected to lose $1.5 to $2 million this year – is a massive contribution.

“When Ki-je was sold, they also released additional funds for the club which we are in the process of trying to invest in the right player. I don’t think that is reflective of a club in limbo at all.”

It has been six years since the Jets last made the finals, and barring a run of positive results that will be stretched to seven.

“There are certainly some fans who are taking offence to the word rebuild,” Eland said.

“But there is no way to sugarcoat it. The club is rebuilding. There are still legacies from the past that cannot be undone overnight. It is going to take time to build the depth and quality in the team.”

Ugarkovic, who is on an 18-month deal, has been recruited with a view to the future.

He arrived in Newcastle late Saturday night, watched the loss to Perth on Sunday, and joined the team at recovery session on Monday. They had Tuesday off training.

Miller will be forced to make at least one change with skipper Nigel Boogaard suspended.

Meanwhile, there was speculation on Tuesday night that former Jets golden boot Adam Taggart is headed back to his home town club Perth, but not until next season.

q-money
27-01-2016, 02:31 PM
It's OK everyone. We aren't in limbo!

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3688283/david-eland-says-jets-not-in-limbo/?cs=306

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/images/07-minister.jpg

De-Champ
27-01-2016, 03:17 PM
David Elland is correct. The club is not in limbo. Just so happens to be in pergatory.

Jeterpool
27-01-2016, 03:19 PM
David Elland is correct. The club is not in limbo. Just so happens to be in pergatory.

Bravo

belchardo
27-01-2016, 05:57 PM

that begs the question: are we on the way up, or down?

MFKS
27-01-2016, 06:59 PM
Lose 6-1

Exactly why the **** do they get a day off training??

hawk
27-01-2016, 07:05 PM
getting pissed is way more productive at this stage

StannyCFCJET
27-01-2016, 10:05 PM
Lose 6-1

Exactly why the **** do they get a day off training??

amen

boz-monaut
27-01-2016, 10:59 PM
how would training help?

seriously, it's useless

MFKS
28-01-2016, 05:21 PM
how would training help?

seriously, it's useless
Training would help these ****s heaps.

Stick a ball on the back of a ute drive it around Ray Watt and have the team chase it.

They need to learn to run after the ball and start closing down

At least physically punish them for their weak effort at the weekend not wash their hands and accept that level of mediocrity

Set some standards FFS

StannyCFCJET
28-01-2016, 05:43 PM
Training would help these ****s heaps.

Stick a ball on the back of a ute drive it around Ray Watt and have the team chase it.

They need to learn to run after the ball and start closing down

At least physically punish them for their weak effort at the weekend not wash their hands and accept that level of mediocrity

Set some standards FFS

100% but coaches should run as well its not just the players ****ing up both should be held accountable

MFKS
28-01-2016, 08:02 PM
100% but coaches should run as well its not just the players ****ing up both should be held accountable

Good idea

stopper2
28-01-2016, 10:41 PM
Cometh the hour, cometh the man....Griff has spoken. He was a leader on the field for the Jets, now he is a leader when our club needs some leadership and direction...

Newcastle Jets: Joel Griffiths believes community ownership the answer

By Joel Griffiths
I READ with considerable interest this week that another potential buyer has surfaced for the Jets.

A Chinese investor, seemingly with deep pockets, and the desire to own an A-League club.

It got me thinking. What do these people know about the A-League? More importantly, what do they know about the Hunter, the people who live here and the football fabric?

It’s great that the Jets have attracted interest, whether it be from China or any part of the globe. But as a former player and fan, I need to know more.

What is their modus operandi? I want to know their plans for the club. Give me a five-year outlook.

If the right party emerges – someone who puts money into the club, engages the community and does everything right – I would be the happiest man this side of the Caltex twin servos.

The Jets can be a powerhouse again. But, as history has shown, it could also go pear-shaped very quickly.

No doubts the FFA will do their due diligence.
See your ad here

If nothing comes of the latest interest – similar to how the Stephen Thompson deal went quiet and now appears dead – what does the future hold for the Jets?

The FFA has been holding the can since it took the licence from Nathan Tinkler. But how long will it continue bankrolling the club? Are Wollongong or Canberra next in line?

Rather than wait for a “White Knight” to come along, the answer could be in front of us. I urge the football community to start thinking and form an opinion on a Hunter ownership model.

There is a belief that we need a James Packer, a Gerry Harvey or a John Singleton to come along. Yes, they have the runs on the board, deep pockets and are well known and respected. But they don’t have an intimate knowledge of Newcastle. Even Nathan Tinkler, when did he last live here? We have people who know the region, have the business acumen and the passion to get it done. I have spoken to them.

Whether it is a consortium of 10 to 20 people who own a majority stake, with members making up the rest, that is to be determined.

In the German Bundesliga at least 51 per cent of every club must be owned by members. Where are they? World champions.

I can’t stress enough how important it is to get the right people. Everyone must be on the same page and work together.

Yes, the Breakers were owned by a local consortium – good people – and lost money. Times have changed. The A-League is different to the NSL. It has a salary cap, has more income streams and exposure through television and the move into Asia. A new broadcast deal is due in 2017. Right now is the perfect time to buy.

We have the resources and people. The reward is we get a bankable A-League future and forge our own destiny.

Jetmaster
29-01-2016, 07:58 AM
So how much money is Griff putting in?

Jeterpool
07-02-2016, 07:09 AM
The Daily Football Show interviewed Damian De Bohoun the other day and asked for questions to be submitted. I obviously asked about ownership as I am sure others did too.

Key points he said were:

A prospectus is nearly done in conjunction with UBS. (Still?!? This is very poor given how long it has been since linking with them again)

There are many artiest interested including businesses, consortiums and single owners

The aim is still to have us sold by next season.

So nothing really to go "wow" about. The delay in publishing the prospectus is the really concerning thing I took away from it all

WolfMan
07-02-2016, 08:58 AM
So this season turns to next. Fits the Jets to a T

GazFish35
07-02-2016, 09:08 AM
But it's all okay.
Our part time interim CEO says we aren't in limbo and that his bosses (for both of his part time jobs) are really really really super duper good guys.

MFKS
07-02-2016, 10:50 AM
The Daily Football Show interviewed Damian De Bohoun the other day and asked for questions to be submitted. I obviously asked about ownership as I am sure others did too.

Key points he said were:

A prospectus is nearly done in conjunction with UBS. (Still?!? This is very poor given how long it has been since linking with them again)

There are many artiest interested including businesses, consortiums and single owners

The aim is still to have us sold by next season.

So nothing really to go "wow" about. The delay in publishing the prospectus is the really concerning thing I took away from it all

So the FFA should change their name to Mirrors

They are looking into it

Still......

hawk
07-02-2016, 11:20 AM
kvnt reflection

belchardo
09-02-2016, 04:29 PM
Nathan Tinkler declared bankrupt over jet sale Brian Robins and Colin Kruger
Published: February 9, 2016 - 1:31PM
Advertisement

Hard on the heels of attempts to revive his coal industry credentials, controversial businessman Nathan Tinkler has been declared bankrupt over funds owed from the sale of his luxury private jet, although the ruling has been stayed pending a possible appeal.
Mr Tinkler has been fighting since mid-last year to stave off the bankruptcy claim from GE Commercial (http://www.smh.com.au/business/mining-and-resources/ge-commercial-seeks-to-bankrupt-nathan-tinkler-over-jet-sale-20150724-gijwho.html), which claimed he owed $US2.3 million on the jet.
In November 2012, GE Australasia appointed Taylor Woodings as the receiver of TGHA Aviation. He subsequently impounded Mr Tinkler's Dassault Falcon 900C in Singapore and Agusta A109S helicopter in Brisbane.
A former Tinkler staffer was quoted at the time as saying his boss "loved the jet like a child" and "used the helicopter like a taxi".
On Tuesday morning, Justice Gleeson in the Federal Court declared Mr Tinkler bankrupt, although the ruling has been stayed until this afternoon, since Mr Tinkler's lawyers have indicated they will seek to appeal.
The bankruptcy ruling is the latest in a litany of legal actions involving Mr Tinkler, which at one point included having an arrest warrant issued over the liquidation of his Patinack Farm equine venture.
It follows recent efforts to re-enter the coal mining industry (http://www.smh.com.au/business/mining-and-resources/nathan-tinklers-new-coal-venture-will-try-to-raise-30m-to-fund-a-new-coal-plan-20151228-glvsy4.html), where he made his original fortune, with the planned purchase of a NSW coal mine. Earlier this month, interests associated with Mr Tinkler raised $20 million to part fund the purchase of the Dartbrook coal mine in the Hunter Valley.
In Tuesday's decision, Justice Gleeson found in favour of GE Commercial, which claims Mr Tinkler owes $2.8 million.
If the bankruptcy ruling stands, it may derail Mr Tinkler's comeback plans, since he was appointed a director of Australian Pacific Coal, the entity through which he bought the Dartbrook mine, last October. Bankrupts are not allowed to be company directors.
Under the judgment, the bankruptcy would take effect from July 16, 2015, the date of the original claim by GE Commercial.
Mr Tinkler has sought to dispute the veracity of the bankruptcy notice, claiming it is defective largely over the currency converter used.
This story was found at: http://www.smh.com.au/business/aviation/nathan-tinkler-declared-bankrupt-over-jet-sale-20160209-gmp6s8.html

bad luck big fella, you've been really hard done by.

sammydog
15-02-2016, 05:07 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/list/4694979-the-secret-agent/slide/438631

Not sure how credible this site is, but apparently the FFA are in talks with two options to buy the Jets, a chinese option and Newcastle United.

boz-monaut
15-02-2016, 05:15 PM
Mike Ashley really has a taste for shit football teams doesn't he?

furns
15-02-2016, 05:23 PM
Did anyone listen to the Jetstream Podcast - there is a Griffo option.........

Grimario
15-02-2016, 05:31 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/list/4694979-the-secret-agent/slide/438631

Not sure how credible this site is, but apparently the FFA are in talks with two options to buy the Jets, a chinese option and Newcastle United.

Can't wait for us to sign Guy Bates again.

Premy
15-02-2016, 06:12 PM
Brief Google search of the Ledman Group. These farkers have there finger in a lot of pots, who new X-mas lights could be so profitable.

turbojetfireV8
15-02-2016, 07:55 PM
how about NUFC keep their own team away from the relegation zone before worrying about buying us thanks...

stopper2
15-02-2016, 10:23 PM
how about NUFC keep their own team away from the relegation zone before worrying about buying us thanks...

Still an owner of a struggling EPL side is still x100 better than an owner of a struggling SPL side.
I think it's good that there appear to be at least 2 entities interested in buying our club. It all seems very hush hush at this stage so it's hard to say what would be the best outcome for the Newcastle Jets, which is what should be the FFA's priority but we all know it will come down to $$$ for them.

RAM
16-02-2016, 10:28 AM
Still an owner of a struggling EPL side is still x100 better than an owner of a struggling SPL side.
I think it's good that there appear to be at least 2 entities interested in buying our club. It all seems very hush hush at this stage so it's hard to say what would be the best outcome for the Newcastle Jets, which is what should be the FFA's priority but we all know it will come down to $$$ for them.

x2

in saying that I don't believe the link with NU is real - just paper spin

why would anyone want to buy something that loses millions every year? especially when they have no link to the region?

Jetmaster
16-02-2016, 11:45 AM
I mentioned on another thread that Heskey was trying to peddle us to Leicester City two years ago to howls of merriment and disbelief that we would consider a team about to be relegated owning us.

NUFC have a great stadium, loyal fans, a hated rival just up the road. They should be one of the biggest clubs in the EPL but mismanagement and instability cruels their chance every year.

Match made in heaven I say.

Wilso8948
16-02-2016, 12:09 PM
I mentioned on another thread that Heskey was trying to peddle us to Leicester City two years ago to howls of merriment and disbelief that we would consider a team about to be relegated owning us.

NUFC have a great stadium, loyal fans, a hated rival just up the road. They should be one of the biggest clubs in the EPL but mismanagement and instability cruels their chance every year.

Match made in heaven I say.

Plus the guys fat as. Sign him up

lil_masi
16-02-2016, 12:24 PM
They were saying on soccer stoppage time last night that when the asian rep was here a few weeks ago regarding the jets no one at FFA HQ could give them a document re the sale, nor took them out to lunch or anything. Not very professional when you a hosting a potential buyer!!

RAM
16-02-2016, 01:19 PM
They were saying on soccer stoppage time last night that when the asian rep was here a few weeks ago regarding the jets no one at FFA HQ could give them a document re the sale, nor took them out to lunch or anything. Not very professional when you a hosting a potential buyer!!

fmd

Premy
16-02-2016, 01:24 PM
You lost me at Soccer Stoppage Time.

furns
16-02-2016, 02:02 PM
If you want to know what sort of owner Mike Ashley is go have a read of ashleyout.com

Or just have a chat to the numerous NUFC fans who also happen to be Jets fans as well.

Tommyjet
16-02-2016, 03:04 PM
If you want to know what sort of owner Mike Ashley is go have a read of ashleyout.com

Or just have a chat to the numerous NUFC fans who also happen to be Jets fans as well.

The Chinese ledman mob sound almost ideal actually after looking into their various sponserships and general investments in football.
In my opinion it would take about 3-5 days for a mike Ashley out thread to appear on here and that's being generous

Grimario
16-02-2016, 03:25 PM
The Chinese ledman mob sound almost ideal actually after looking into their various sponserships and general investments in football.
In my opinion it would take about 3-5 days for a mike Ashley out thread to appear on here and that's being generous

3-5 days? I am surprised one wasn't started as soon as the rumour mill sprouted this one.

turbojetfireV8
16-02-2016, 06:46 PM
do the Ledman Group own a Chinese Super League team? I reckon the minimum we need is someone who can show through their existing football assets what they can bring to the table, though discounted Christmas lighting on sale from the Merchandise stores at the ground might bring some punters out to the game at least once a year...

Grimario
16-02-2016, 08:32 PM
I'm pretty sure they're the naming right sponsors of the Portuguese second division

stopper2
16-02-2016, 08:43 PM
This was up on the Herald website late this arvo about Chinese Businessman Lee and what he owns and his links with football....

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3732395/chinese-businessman-weighs-up-buying-jets/?cs=306

stopper2
16-02-2016, 08:46 PM
....just hope our potential owner Mr Lee wasn't present at the 6-1 drubbing against Perth a few weeks back!!!

belchardo
16-02-2016, 08:57 PM
New crew - lee's legends?

lquiquer
16-02-2016, 09:00 PM
As long as we become the "Newcastle Whowin" i'll be happy

Jetmaster
16-02-2016, 09:16 PM
Hope his dad Bing is into the deal.

baldrick
16-02-2016, 09:26 PM
So, Tim Cahill just announced his contract with Shanghai Shenua has been terminated.

It's a sign.

Jetmaster
16-02-2016, 09:44 PM
So, Tim Cahill just announced his contract with Shanghai Shenua has been terminated.

It's a sign.

I would lose all of my bodily fluids at once if all this was to occur.

lquiquer
16-02-2016, 09:46 PM
I would lose all of my bodily fluids at once if all this was to occur.

Your body fluids are safe

baldrick
16-02-2016, 09:53 PM
Your body fluids are safe

Party pooper :tongue:

Retro Jet
17-02-2016, 01:40 AM
This was up on the Herald website late this arvo about Chinese Businessman Lee and what he owns and his links with football....

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3732395/chinese-businessman-weighs-up-buying-jets/?cs=306

FFA engaged UBS Bank in November to broker a sale, with an asking price of about $5 million.

:lol:

Yeah right...No top 6 finals in a dodgey 10 team comp for, lets face it, 7 seasons,
a basket case of history with former owners, a membership that's going to be questionable for next season.
Try $3.5m ya dolts. That's all I'd pay if I was Chickety China.

leftrightout
17-02-2016, 08:09 AM
Hope his dad Bing is into the deal.

Nothing like a bit of casual racism hey!

rhysd
17-02-2016, 08:53 AM
Nothing like a bit of casual racism hey!

Or perhaps referencing they have the same last name.

ruddah
17-02-2016, 09:45 AM
:lol:

Yeah right...No top 6 finals in a dodgey 10 team comp for, lets face it, 7 seasons,
a basket case of history with former owners, a membership that's going to be questionable for next season.
Try $3.5m ya dolts. That's all I'd pay if I was Chickety China.

Yeah, yeah - I hear the same crud every year. Newcastle supporters have come back even after a complete and utter year from hell. Nothing's going to change fan-wise.

We just need some $$$$!

Jetmaster
17-02-2016, 11:40 AM
Or perhaps referencing they have the same last name.

Thanks mate - is it any wonder we don't see Mind Your Language and Love Thy Neighbour on TV any more when the racism card is played so readily.

rhysd
17-02-2016, 01:22 PM
Thanks mate - is it any wonder we don't see Mind Your Language and Love Thy Neighbour on TV any more when the racism card is played so readily.

It is a shame, too many 'cards' being thrown about these days. So many people getting offended these days.

turbojetfireV8
17-02-2016, 05:03 PM
if we can get on board an owner who isn't in immiment danger of going bankrupt for a change that in itself might be encouragement enough for the fans to join up next season...

turbojetfireV8
17-02-2016, 05:06 PM
my only concern was Marty's deal with the Portuguese league of having compulsory Chinese youth development players (which their players union rejected) - would depend how that was gonna work, cos I would imagine it would be high on his list to do with any team he buys here

Jetmaster
17-02-2016, 06:30 PM
Visa restrictions etc nullify this slightly.

GazFish35
17-02-2016, 07:01 PM
Visa restrictions etc nullify this slightly.

Do they impact on youth?

could a Chinese ownership essentially send 13yr old kids over, and have them work through the academies, get citizenship after 5 years then play national youth league here if they're not good enough to be taken back to the CSL?

hawk
17-02-2016, 08:03 PM
Do they impact on youth?

could a Chinese ownership essentially send 13yr old kids over, and have them work through the academies, get citizenship after 5 years then play national youth league here if they're not good enough to be taken back to the CSL?

If this is the case then the only newy way to answer this...no way, get f***ed, f*** off

GazFish35
17-02-2016, 08:42 PM
Big hypothetical though

hawk
17-02-2016, 08:50 PM
jets fans cheap white goods?

belchardo
17-02-2016, 09:56 PM
Do they impact on youth?

Wonder what ChAFTA says about the movement of labour?

stopper2
17-02-2016, 10:12 PM
If this is the case then the only newy way to answer this...no way, get f***ed, f*** off

****en bogan mentality!

The mind is like a parachute...it works best when it is open.

Jeterpool
03-03-2016, 11:58 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/business/cbd/nathan-tinkler-has-officially-been-declared-bankrupt-20160302-gn94ss.html

Not sure where to put this.

stopper2
03-03-2016, 12:20 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/business/cbd/nathan-tinkler-has-officially-been-declared-bankrupt-20160302-gn94ss.html

Not sure where to put this.

Gee Tinks still owes Gerry Harvey $22 Million!!!....shit he must have some spare coin!

The Dunster
03-03-2016, 01:41 PM
Gee Tinks still owes Gerry Harvey $22 Million!!!....shit he must have some spare coin!

https://www.redhotbargains.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Harvey-Norman-50-Months-Interest-Free.jpg

:gent:

baldrick
16-03-2016, 09:41 PM
Newcastle Jets: FFA loses $2.4m since taking over A-League club

THE FFA hopes to sell the Jets by the end of the year after incurring millions of dollars in losses running the club since taking it off Nathan Tinkler in May.

The governing body is set to announce $2.4 million in losses from running the Jets this season after a proposed sale to Dundee United chairman Stephen Thompson collapsed late last year.

It is understood the FFA was forced to honour existing debt associated with the club, including superannuation owed to players, unpaid stadium costs and loan fees owed to foreign clubs.

Having cleared the debts, the forecast loss for next season will be about $1.8 million if the FFA does not find a buyer.

"FFA is not in a position to comment on financial information relating to the Newcastle Jets while a comprehensive sale process is under way," a spokesperson said.

However, the governing body is hopeful of finding a new owner for the club before the end of 2016. Six prospective buyers have formally enquired about buying the 2008 champions.

The club will be sold when a buyer meets the price and conditions acceptable to FFA.
- FFA

The FFA hired financial services company UBS to oversee the sale of the Jets.

Six information memorandums and confidentiality agreements have been signed between UBS and interested parties.

See your ad here
The FFA reached a deal in principle with Dundee's Thompson last year, but the proposed sale collapsed after negotiations stalled past the governing body's deadline.

It is understood the FFA's asking price for the Jets is about $5 million.

"Six parties have been identified as having genuine interest and capacity to purchase the club. Those parties have an information memorandum that clearly sets out the finances involved," the spokesperson said. "The club will be sold when a buyer meets the price and conditions acceptable to FFA.

“There's no deadline, as such, but FFA has made it clear we don't want to retain ownership of the Jets any longer than necessary."

The Australian Financial Review reported recently that only 17 Australian football clubs of all codes recorded a profit last year, including the A-League’s Melbourne Victory ($1.51 million) and Western Sydney ($500,000).

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3795257/ffa-bleeds-24mill-at-jets/?cs=305

belchardo
16-03-2016, 10:50 PM
It always seems to be "next year".

Grimario
16-03-2016, 11:12 PM
That's a huge loss to be making when you factor in we're run on fumes and also sold Leaky G in that period. No money outside the cap, skeleton staffing levels and still a high membership base. Haemorrhaging money... why would anyone want to be involved?

Thomas477
16-03-2016, 11:17 PM
Loan fees? To who?

plague
16-03-2016, 11:44 PM
That's a huge loss to be making when you factor in we're run on fumes and also sold Leaky G in that period. No money outside the cap, skeleton staffing levels and still a high membership base. Haemorrhaging money... why would anyone want to be involved?

yeah this is a very good point and other than a massive increase in corporate sponsorship and added TV money in the next deal how the hell would they ever go close to breaking even at least?

GazFish35
16-03-2016, 11:46 PM
Loan fees? To who?

Wasn't Edson on loan?

plague
17-03-2016, 12:05 AM
Loan fees? To who?

Probs Gerry Harvey

Jeterpool
17-03-2016, 06:59 AM
Loan fees? To who?

Wasn't Edson on loan?

Yes

Jeterpool
17-03-2016, 07:00 AM
Probs Gerry Harvey

Stupid if you don't see him during interest free periods

turbojetfireV8
17-03-2016, 07:26 AM
Stupid if you don't see him during interest free periods

Yeah but all those hidden fees are where he's making his money, Gezza wasn't born yesterday ;)

Jeterpool
17-03-2016, 08:28 AM
Yeah but all those hidden fees are where he's making his money, Gezza wasn't born yesterday ;)

:rof:

Jetmaster
17-03-2016, 10:18 AM

This ...

It is understood the FFA was forced to honour existing debt associated with the club, including superannuation owed to players, unpaid stadium costs and loan fees owed to foreign clubs.

Add to that the exorbitant wages being paid to some players during the handover and the overall state of finance when Tinks left.

This is not the way the club would normally operating - Tinks mess will take at least two years to clear.

hawk
17-03-2016, 10:26 AM
hang on. wsw and Brisbane cost a load more when they were ffa run but that wasnt called a loss. nice spin that

Grimario
17-03-2016, 10:49 AM
This ...

Add to that the exorbitant wages being paid to some players during the handover and the overall state of finance when Tinks left.

This is not the way the club would normally operating - Tinks mess will take at least two years to clear.

But...

Having cleared the debts, the forecast loss for next season will be about $1.8 million if the FFA does not find a buyer.
This statement suggests debts are cleared and the club expects to lose $1.8m per season. That means Tinks debt payoff was 600k or so + whatever the sale of Leaky G got the FFA.

And exorbitant wages? Irrelevant, all inside the cap which is covered by TV money. Salary spend should be a net zero result if only inside the cap... and we certainly didn't have anyone outside of it.

Premy
17-03-2016, 10:53 AM
hang on. wsw and Brisbane cost a load more when they were ffa run but that wasnt called a loss. nice spin that
Yep FFA pointing the finger again. "But this wasn't our fault".

It's about time FFA own up and fix there mistake.
Tinkler left us in this mess????
Who put Nathan in charge???
Get your head out of the sand, stop blaming someone else, own up to your mistake, cut the PR bullshit and fix this mess you made.

Premy
17-03-2016, 10:57 AM
Oh also why I'm on FFA.

David Gallop 2015 said something like "Asian Cup games hosted in Newcastle were a success and we'll definitely look at Newcastle hosting more International & Socceroos games in the future".

Yesterday NSW state government along with the FFA announced an 11 game Matildas and Socceroo contact. Not one mention of any of those games being played in Newcastle. More PR bullshit.

plague
17-03-2016, 12:00 PM
Oh also why I'm on FFA.

David Gallop 2015 said something like "Asian Cup games hosted in Newcastle were a success and we'll definitely look at Newcastle hosting more International & Socceroos games in the future".

Yesterday NSW state government along with the FFA announced an 11 game Matildas and Socceroo contact. Not one mention of any of those games being played in Newcastle. More PR bullshit.

Gallop was saying "we'll play them in Newcastle if you pay for them".

The Asian Cup games weren't free either. Maybe ask you local govt/business community/state members how much lobbying they did or how much they offered.

Socceroos games are a commercial entity, like it or not.

stopper2
17-03-2016, 01:08 PM

Yes it's well-known WSW got Shinji Ono as a marquee when controlled by FFA but curious as to what makes you think they opened up the purse strings for Roar?....and don't say they got Broich and Berisha as they were both under the cap when they came to Roar. Pretty sure that when Berisha came to Roar, the ownership had been transferred to the Bakries anyway.
Having said that, FFA's lack of foresight in not "spending money to make money" is their own fault. If they had at least put a bit more effort (and $$$ in) into making the Jets a more competitive side, at least in a stronger position in contentionfor either 5th or 6th spot, I daresay crowds would be averaging 2-3k more than the 10k mark than they have for the home games this season.

baldrick
17-03-2016, 01:32 PM
Loan fees? To who?

Bank loans ?

Retro Jet
17-03-2016, 03:13 PM
What's the latest with the Chickety China / Martin Lee deal?
Anything heard if it's really got legs?
(Yes, I saw JG's article yesterday too)

GazFish35
17-03-2016, 04:32 PM
Wsw only got Ono as a reaction to adp.

No adp, no Ono.

Premy
17-03-2016, 06:41 PM
Gallop was saying "we'll play them in Newcastle if you pay for them".

The Asian Cup games weren't free either. Maybe ask you local govt/business community/state members how much lobbying they did or how much they offered.

Socceroos games are a commercial entity, like it or not.

Oh silly me, here's me thinking my state member was a representative of the government that just announced this.
Crazy right.

Premy
17-03-2016, 06:45 PM
Yes it's well-known WSW got Shinji Ono as a marquee when controlled by FFA but curious as to what makes you think they opened up the purse strings for Roar?....and don't say they got Broich and Berisha as they were both under the cap when they came to Roar. Pretty sure that when Berisha came to Roar, the ownership had been transferred to the Bakries anyway.
Having said that, FFA's lack of foresight in not "spending money to make money" is their own fault. If they had at least put a bit more effort (and $$$ in) into making the Jets a more competitive side, at least in a stronger position in contentionfor either 5th or 6th spot, I daresay crowds would be averaging 2-3k more than the 10k mark than they have for the home games this season.
Brisbane's backroom staff wasn't gutted and they also had a full-time CEO. If my memory is correct it also cost them to get rid of Moore and his mates and give Ange free range, that last part may have been the Bakries.

belchardo
22-03-2016, 10:40 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3804677/club-sale-could-hinge-on-high-level-talks/?cs=306

drip.......drip........drip......

THE sale of the Newcastle Jets could be a step closer after a meeting between Football Federation Australia and Chinese businessman Martin Lee on Tuesday.

The Herald understands that the lighting magnate and his financial adviser have travelled from China for high-level talks at the FFA’s Sydney headquarters.

Lee is believed to be the most advanced of six potential buyers who have received confidential Information Memorandums outlining details of the club and financial terms of the sale.

The FFA are set to lose $2.4 million on the Jets this season, which includes the payment of debts incurred by previous owner Nathan Tinkler.

Lee, whose Ledman Group are the major sponsor of the Portuguese second division and are heavy supporters of Chinese football, has twice visited Newcastle to inspect facilities.

The FFA reached an in-principle deal with Dundee United chairman Stephen Thompson in September but the sale collapsed. The FFA had a $5 million price tag on the club but The Herald has been told that they are now seeking more to recoup operational costs.

News of a development in the sale will be welcomed by coach Scott Miller.

The former Fullham assistant believes the Jets, who remain a mathematical hope of making the finals, are competing hard on the field despite lacking the resources of bigger clubs.

The Jets do not use marquee concessions and have limited budgets for sports science and coaching staff.

“I’m very excited about the future in regards to when we can compete off the field,” he said.

“The players it would enable us to bring to the club and how we can develop the players in the current squad.”

turbojetfireV8
23-03-2016, 07:52 AM
Well, is this a no then?

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3807581/jets-wait-for-new-owner-continues/

A-League: Newcastle Jets' wait for new owner continues By JAMES GARDINER
March 22, 2016, 9:26 p.m.

Talks between the FFA and prospective owner Martin Lee are understood to have stalled over the asking price. Picture: Getty Images

THE Newcastle Jets are set to end the A-League season as they started it – in search of a new owner.

The Herald has been told talks between Football Federation Australia and Chinese lighting magnate Martin Lee have stalled.

Lee and his financial adviser held a marathon meeting with FFA at the governing’s body’s headquarters on Tuesday.

The FFA confirmed that it had met with a potential buyer but said details of the meeting were confidential.

“FFA has today held discussions with one of the interested parties in relation to the sale of the Newcastle Jets,” an FFA spokesperson said last night.

“The discussions are continuing. However, there are a number of other parties who remain interested in acquiring the club and FFA is engaged with them.

“There is no timetable to complete a sale of the Jets. FFA will complete the transaction when acceptable terms and conditions are met.”

The Herald understands that the sticking point is the asking price, which is believed to more than the initial $5 million figure.

“When it comes to price, they are far apart,” a source said.

The FFA is set to lose $2.4 million on the Jets this season, which includes the payment of debts incurred by previous owner Nathan Tinkler.

Lee, whose Ledman Group is the major sponsor of the Portuguese second division and a strong supporter of Chinese football, has visited Newcastle twice to inspect facilities.

The FFA assumed ownership of the Jets in May after revoking the licence of Tinkler after the now-bankrupt mining tycoon placed the club into voluntary administration.

A new owner appeared imminent in September when a consortium, headed by Dundee United chairman Stephen Thompson, agreed to “broad terms of the sale” only for the deal to collapse.

After collecting the wooden spoon last season, the Jets have improved significantly on the pitch under first-year head coach Scott Miller and have a mathematical chance of making the finals with three rounds remaining.

Jetmaster
23-03-2016, 08:20 AM
Does FFA tell people in the info doc - "the price is.......no more to pay"?

Seems like people are coming to the table but finding out "hidden extras" when they meet.

Jeterpool
23-03-2016, 08:52 AM
Does FFA tell people in the info doc - "the price is.......no more to pay"?

Seems like people are coming to the table but finding out "hidden extras" when they meet.

Or they are told the price and the interested parties are trying to negotiate it for less only to find the FFA aren't budging.

GazFish35
23-03-2016, 08:54 AM
Surley we rant surprised so price negotiation happens.

Not many rich blokes get rich by always paying the asking price.

Media just trying to fill column space.

Jeterpool
23-03-2016, 08:58 AM
Surley we rant surprised so price negotiation happens.

Not many rich blokes get rich by always paying the asking price.

Media just trying to fill column space.

Yep.

MFKS
23-03-2016, 09:40 AM
But it all comes down to the age old conundrum

Things are only worth what people are willing to pay for them

The FFA have a price for this club that is too much

Yet they won't budge

Anyone who is prepared to take over the reigns is gonna lose cash due to the model of the HAL and the general limitations of this particular area

Until the clubs are self sustainable the FFA should pull their heads out of their arses and take what they can get

They ain't interested in running clubs so why try and profit from it??

All they are doing is selling the people of Newy short by not giving us the ownership our club desperately needs whilst they haggle for a few more $$$

A lot of this clubs problems are caused by the FFA and have been caused by the FFA

Time for them to cut their losses and do the right thing by us all and give us our new overlord

If not fund the club PROPERLY

StannyCFCJET
23-03-2016, 09:42 AM
But it all comes down to the age old conundrum

Things are only worth what people are willing to pay for them

The FFA have a price for this club that is too much

Yet they won't budge

Anyone who is prepared to take over the reigns is gonna lose cash due to the model of the HAL and the general limitations of this particular area

Until the clubs are self sustainable the FFA should pull their heads out of their arses and take what they can get

They ain't interested in running clubs so why try and profit from it??

All they are doing is selling the people of Newy short by not giving us the ownership our club desperately needs whilst they haggle for a few more $$$

A lot of this clubs problems are caused by the FFA and have been caused by the FFA

Time for them to cut their losses and do the right thing by us all and give us our new overlord

If not fund the club PROPERLY

Isn't this what they did with the Scottish bloke and didn't they also rip stinkler off with his fee to buy the club

Jetmaster
23-03-2016, 11:28 AM
Member expands the point.

If it were a house you were selling you wouldn't put the price up the longer it was on the market to recoup losses.

The FFA had a $5 million price tag on the club but The Herald has been told that they are now seeking more to recoup operational costs.

RAM
23-03-2016, 12:27 PM

If it were a house you were selling you wouldn't put the price up the longer it was on the market to recoup losses.

FFA Logic :rof:

MFKS
23-03-2016, 12:38 PM

Sounds like logic in Thailand
No one buys

Put price up to cover shortfall

Premy
23-03-2016, 01:27 PM
I don't care if they get $15 million or $15 all I care is that they do due diligence and the new owners are contractually held to a standard.

Taking what was on offer didn't work last time, we need to learn from the past and not just jump into bed with the first thing that comes along. I would much rather get the right person after a lengthy process than have another Tinkler that spouted empty promises.

Frodo
23-03-2016, 02:11 PM
I don't care if they get $15 million or $15 all I care is that they do due diligence and the new owners are contractually held to a standard.

Taking what was on offer didn't work last time, we need to learn from the past and not just jump into bed with the first thing that comes along. I would much rather get the right person after a lengthy process than have another Tinkler that spouted empty promises.

Correct, but how many good owners will we miss out on because of the FFA trying to recoup losses??

stopper2
23-03-2016, 05:18 PM
Correct, but how many good owners will we miss out on because of the FFA trying to recoup losses??
The longer this drags on the more it seems that yes the priority for the FFA is to recoup their losses and get back in the black. For all his failings as an owner, Tinkler it seems was right when he said the "FFA are morally bankrupt". The Forums held last year were clearly just PR to appease the Hunter football fraternity after the debacle of the Tinkler ownership.
In the time since the Forums, FFA have done bugger all to engage with the local community in working together in getting an ownership consortium up and running which would have the best interests of the Newcastle Jets at heart. Instead they have been more interested in getting some sucker from overseas with deep pockets to take our club off their hands and line their pockets.

hawk
23-03-2016, 08:21 PM

yep. fk off ffa

stopper2
23-03-2016, 08:37 PM
If this is true and Ray Gatt from The Australian is usually right on the money, I can't see anyone buying the Jets....$7million for ****s sake :angry:

It is believed FFA is asking for $7 million but Lee, who attended the meeting with his financial advisers, is prepared to pay only around $5 million for the embattled A-League club at this stage.

Jetmaster
23-03-2016, 09:13 PM
NBN reported tonight the deal is still on and Lee will be attending the game this weekend.

belchardo
23-03-2016, 09:20 PM
NBN reported tonight the deal is still on and Lee will be attending the game this weekend.

Everybody wave their led lights in the air.

Tommyjet
23-03-2016, 09:40 PM
GATT tweeted an hour or so ago that ffa and lee are a lot closer to a deal after today's meeting

"Have heard the Chinese businessman and FFA are now very close to done deal for sale of the jets"

"Further to previous tweet, the Chinese have left the building and on their way home. Still bit of work to be done. See who blinks first"

WolfMan
24-03-2016, 06:16 AM
I went on a bit of a rant about this during recording of this week's Jetstream podcast. Do listen :thumbsup:

weston
24-03-2016, 10:11 AM
Apparently an American showing interest?

Grimario
24-03-2016, 10:24 AM
New York Jets buying Newcastle Jets.

The Jets hats are coming!

http://i.imgur.com/nlgvqcW.jpg

Bon
24-03-2016, 10:25 AM
Apparently an American showing interest?

I wonder if Carney's agent is working for the FFA trying to hock the Jets off?
Just reeks of the old "sign him up quickly and for top dollar, we have an interested team in Qatar" ploy that was used.. :gent:

furns
24-03-2016, 11:24 AM
New York Jets buying Newcastle Jets.

The Jets hats are coming!

http://i.imgur.com/nlgvqcW.jpg
Q-man will go apeshit

furns
24-03-2016, 11:50 AM
Here is the herald link for those interested

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3808288/fresh-interest-in-jets-from-us/?cs=306

Grimario
24-03-2016, 11:59 AM
Here is the herald link for those interested

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3808288/fresh-interest-in-jets-from-us/?cs=306

Googled Hawaiian based real estate mogul.

http://www.shidler.com/about-us/founder

Only one I found. But search also showed up Blair Parry-Okeden, a Hawaiian born billionaire living in Scone. Net worth $8.8 billion. Sign her up.

turbojetfireV8
24-03-2016, 12:29 PM
If it's Shidler he obviously sees development potential in the city now the rail line has gone - expect a new stadium, high rise apartments and massive mall development where Newy station used to be... ;)

The Scone one sounds interesting for a locally based consortium plan though, they may have to buy Broadmeadow race course so they can build the new stadium for double header Jets and geegee nights, maximise profits and betting as the horseys run round the track as the Jets are playing - win win situation... :D

baldrick
24-03-2016, 01:36 PM
I'd fancy a preseason away trip to Hawaii..,

Jetmaster
24-03-2016, 02:00 PM
Robert Kiyosaki anyone? Best mates with Donald Trump too !

plague
24-03-2016, 02:08 PM
robert kiyosaki anyone? Best mates with donald trump too !

make the jets great again

redwah
24-03-2016, 06:08 PM
I'd fancy a preseason away trip to Hawaii..,

Can we do around a work conference too so I can write both off?....but yeah I'm in for a trip.

baldrick
24-03-2016, 07:54 PM
Can we do around a work conference too so I can write both off?....but yeah I'm in for a trip.

I'm sure we could find one. There's at least one on every second week

Tommyjet
25-03-2016, 08:37 PM
Newcastle Herald
Friday March 25, 2016
Newcastle Jets: Potential buyer Jeff Von Schmauder insists community key to success By James Gardiner
March 25, 2016, 10:33 a.m.
HAWAIIAN businessman Jeff Von Schmauder has no doubts that the Newcastle Jets can be a success.

ALOHA: Hawaiian businessman Jeff Von Schmauder heads an American consortium interested in buying the Newcastle Jets.
ALOHA: Hawaiian businessman Jeff Von Schmauder heads an American consortium interested in buying the Newcastle Jets.
But the land developer insists it is going to take community input rather than someone simply waving a cheque for the club to fulfil its potential.

Von Schmauder is part of an American consortium interested in buying the Jets.

“I want this to be a fresh start and a community-built organisation,” said Von Schmauder, who was born in Germany and raised in Maui. “Coming from the islands of Hawaii, we have a strong sense of community there and that is how our businesses work. It is the same kind of thing here. Newcastle has a culture and community of its own and that needs to be preserved and also recognised. It isn’t about someone coming in from overseas and telling everyone how it is done. We will have local leadership, local business people, local community stakeholders involved in this team. That is how it has to go.”

Von Schmauder splits his time between Maui and Blue Bay on the Central Coast and is the managing director of Terrafirmaworld.com. As well as own the land development company Von Schmauder said he had real estate holdings in Hawaii and “other sporting interests in the US”.

Von Schmauder’s consortium is one of six parties to receive an information memorandum on the Jets sale.

“I am in the due diligence process as we speak,” he said. “The next step for me is to sit down with the management of FFA and [chairman] Steven Lowy. It’s important that there is a strong relationship from the ground up with the FFA as well as the team and the local community. It is really important that all those pieces fit. If those align and they are compatible, I feel confident that things will move forward.”

Von Schmauder, who will be at Hunter Stadium on Saturday for the Jets’ clash with Perth Glory, said he was attracted to the Newcastle area and wanted to “help the community grow”.

See your ad here
Chinese business Martin Lee met with the FFA this week and is the most advanced of the potential buyers but is understood to have balked at the asking price, which is believed to more than the initial $5 million figure.

The FFA assumed ownership of the Jets in May after revoking the licence of Nathan Tinkler. A new owner appeared imminent in September when a consortium, headed by Dundee United chairman Stephen Thompson, agreed to “broad terms of the sale”.

The governing body is set to lose $2.4 million on the Jets this season but said “there’s no time frame set for a conclusion to the sale process.”

plague
25-03-2016, 09:04 PM
hahahaha, here comes the leverage play on Mr Lee.
"hey boss, you'd better get in fast, errrrrrryyyyybody wants a piece of the Jets right now....."

the only thing better is if this Hawaiian gypo is using Tinks' trust fund to support it all.

Premy
25-03-2016, 09:19 PM
"hey boss, you'd better get in fast, errrrrrryyyyybody wants a piece of the Jets right now....."

the only thing better is if this Hawaiian gypo is using Tinks' trust fund to support it all.
Crying. That would be hilarious, please make it so.

WolfMan
25-03-2016, 09:21 PM
The fact that 6 prospectus have been doled out should be enough to illicit further interest.

I have zero faith in FFA with regard to offloading this, or any club.

MFKS
25-03-2016, 09:25 PM

Anyone with a brain can see through this rich Yank Gypo baloney

If this bloke is as wealthy as he is why in ****s name is he splitting his time between Hawaii and the Gypo Coast??

Can't find anywhere better than Gosford ?? FMD

Hopefully the Chinese chap does too

furns
25-03-2016, 10:00 PM
Anyone with a brain can see through this rich Yank Gypo baloney

If this bloke is as wealthy as he is why in ****s name is he splitting his time between Hawaii and the Gypo Coast??

Can't find anywhere better than Gosford ?? FMD

Hopefully the Chinese chap does too
I'll take his money. I will also take great delight in telling anyone who lives on the CC that a local would prefer to invest in Newy rather than that rabble of a club in Gosford.

noremac
26-03-2016, 11:22 AM
Newcastle Herald
Friday March 25, 2016
Newcastle Jets: Potential buyer Jeff Von Schmauder insists community key to success By James Gardiner
March 25, 2016, 10:33 a.m.
HAWAIIAN businessman Jeff Von Schmauder has no doubts that the Newcastle Jets can be a success.

But the land developer insists it is going to take community input rather than someone simply waving a cheque for the club to fulfil its potential.

Von Schmauder is part of an American consortium interested in buying the Jets.

“I want this to be a fresh start and a community-built organisation,” said Von Schmauder, who was born in Germany and raised in Maui. “Coming from the islands of Hawaii, we have a strong sense of community there and that is how our businesses work. It is the same kind of thing here. Newcastle has a culture and community of its own and that needs to be preserved and also recognised. It isn’t about someone coming in from overseas and telling everyone how it is done. We will have local leadership, local business people, local community stakeholders involved in this team. That is how it has to go.”

Von Schmauder splits his time between Maui and Blue Bay on the Central Coast and is the managing director of Terrafirmaworld.com. As well as own the land development company Von Schmauder said he had real estate holdings in Hawaii and “other sporting interests in the US”.

Von Schmauder’s consortium is one of six parties to receive an information memorandum on the Jets sale.

“I am in the due diligence process as we speak,” he said. “The next step for me is to sit down with the management of FFA and [chairman] Steven Lowy. It’s important that there is a strong relationship from the ground up with the FFA as well as the team and the local community. It is really important that all those pieces fit. If those align and they are compatible, I feel confident that things will move forward.”

Von Schmauder, who will be at Hunter Stadium on Saturday for the Jets’ clash with Perth Glory, said he was attracted to the Newcastle area and wanted to “help the community grow”.

See your ad here
Chinese business Martin Lee met with the FFA this week and is the most advanced of the potential buyers but is understood to have balked at the asking price, which is believed to more than the initial $5 million figure.

The FFA assumed ownership of the Jets in May after revoking the licence of Nathan Tinkler. A new owner appeared imminent in September when a consortium, headed by Dundee United chairman Stephen Thompson, agreed to “broad terms of the sale”.

The governing body is set to lose $2.4 million on the Jets this season but said “there’s no time frame set for a conclusion to the sale process.”

Actually looking at his website, Terrafirma whatever, the contact address is actually Mariners Centre for Excellence?
Wtf?

Jetmaster
26-03-2016, 11:32 AM
Actually looking at his website, Terrafirma whatever, the contact address is actually Mariners Centre for Excellence?
Wtf?

Yep - will immediately push for a Hunter Mariners merger.

26-03-2016, 11:42 AM
Yep - will immediately push for a Hunter Mariners merger.

The thought also crossed my mind also.

hawk
26-03-2016, 12:17 PM
there is no respectable entity that will buy a losing sports team.

So, which nasty piece of work should we choose? has to be someone who hates fans, football, honesty....lets get the greens in

turbojetfireV8
26-03-2016, 04:03 PM
in Martin's favour he does seem to have something tangible behind him: has interests in Chinese football, sponsors football outside of China, has an established name as a business man who actually produces something, at face value does not seem dodgy, my only caveat is what is his long term vision for the Jets.

Contrast that with a guy who appears to work for a Central Coast property developer and has pictures of himself doing yoga on a beach in Maui as his sideline business, I'm thinking Martin is looking a more suitable fit for what we need (we already have plenty of yoga instructors in Newy)...

hawk
26-03-2016, 04:08 PM
in Martin's favour he does seem to have something tangible behind him: has interests in Chinese football, sponsors football outside of China, has an established name as a business man who actually produces something, at face value does not seem dodgy, my only caveat is what is his long term vision for the Jets.

Contrast that with a guy who appears to work for a Central Coast property developer and has pictures of himself doing yoga on a beach in Maui as his sideline business, I'm thinking Martin is looking a more suitable fit for what we need (we already have plenty of yoga instructors in Newy)...

so what will we do with the ffa regarding their moronic set price

MFKS
26-03-2016, 04:17 PM
there is no respectable entity that will buy a losing sports team.

So, which nasty piece of work should we choose? has to be someone who hates fans, football, honesty....lets get the greens in

Say that to the blokes who run Man City

turbojetfireV8
26-03-2016, 04:21 PM
http://www.pumper.com/editorial/2014/03/industry_news_march_2014?ref=related_img

shiart, that's not Jeff is it??

Von Schmauder returns to Capital Connection, Doering joins firm

Jeff Von Schmauder, founder and owner of Capital Connection, rejoined the company as president after serving six years in the Air Force as a combat medic. Von Schmauder founded the sanitation and waste management equipment financing company in 1990 and has served on the PSAI board. Jerid Doering also joined the company and is responsible for business development. Headquartered in Washington State, Capital Connection has locations in Boston, Maui and Australia.

turbojetfireV8
26-03-2016, 04:23 PM
so what will we do with the ffa regarding their moronic set price

I'm sure when it comes down to the nitty gritty Mr Lee will come to some arrangement...

26-03-2016, 04:55 PM
I'm sure when it comes down to the nitty gritty Mr Lee will come to some arrangement...

Lets hope so. On the face of it his already financial support of Football would indicate a genuine interest in the game.

We cannot possibly go to deep into the off season without this sorted and stuffing preparation for next season.

I can see another significant reduction in membership if we go into next season with a poverty pack squad.

stopper2
27-03-2016, 12:03 AM
I'll take his money. I will also take great delight in telling anyone who lives on the CC that a local would prefer to invest in Newy rather than that rabble of a club in Gosford.
^^^^
This

The fact that he talks of the need for strong local community ownership is enough to take this guy seriously. This club cannot be sustained on just the "deep pockets" of a wealthy businessman, it has failed twice with that type of ownership model in the last 5 years. Only problem is, who is going to pay the $5million plus price tag the greedy c#$nts at FFA are adamant on?

The Dunster
27-03-2016, 12:16 AM
^^^^
This

The fact that he talks of the need for strong local community ownership is enough to take this guy seriously. This club cannot be sustained on just the "deep pockets" of a wealthy businessman, it has failed twice with that type of ownership model in the last 5 years. Only problem is, who is going to pay the $5million plus price tag the greedy c#$nts at FFA are adamant on?

I'd say it's a reason to not take him seriously. Community ownership in this town is a complete ****ing joke. People here either don't have the money or are too tight to part with it.
I mean on top of actual season tickets / memberships what would the chances be of finding say 1000 fans willing to throw $10k each into the pot ? I'd say **** all, and those that did throw that type of money in would basically want to select the team every week and advise on the formation and tactics employed.

**** the community model - it will never work in this town.

stopper2
27-03-2016, 12:37 AM
I'd say it's a reason to not take him seriously. Community ownership in this town is a complete ****ing joke. People here either don't have the money or are too tight to part with it.
I mean on top of actual season tickets / memberships what would the chances be of finding say 1000 fans willing to throw $10k each into the pot ? I'd say **** all, and those that did throw that type of money in would basically want to select the team every week and advise on the formation and tactics employed.

**** the community model - it will never work in this town.
Well with that attitude you might as well say give the Newcastle Jets franchise to ****ing Woolongong or Canberra or Sutherland because a one owner "ownership model" does not work in this town. By saying community ownership this also encompasses local businesses not just supporters willing to put in and become shareholders. A local consortium did put forth a proposal a while back but just did not have the required funds, so the interest is there, just need the extra $$$ that an overseas investor can provide.

belchardo
27-03-2016, 08:37 AM
^^^^
This

Wasn't that pretty much what tinks was offering though?

MFKS
27-03-2016, 08:55 AM
^^^^
This

I have no interest whatsoever in this bloke taking over

He could have been the hero anytime in the last 2-3 years but showed no interest it ain't like our issues with ownership haven't been common knowledge. Why has it taken to now for him to come to light??

Secondly he can babble on with community lingo but it doesn't escape the fact he could have bought his community is the Gypos team but hasn't

I just don't trust him already

I barracking for the Chinese bloke.

Seems the lesser of 2 evils

plague
27-03-2016, 09:19 AM

I want the most evil of all the evil people taking us over.

Only way to get ahead in the world.

hawk
27-03-2016, 09:46 AM
Must be some russian somewhere with 1o mil to throw away. They wont be scared to cheat

stopper2
27-03-2016, 11:12 AM

He could have been the hero anytime in the last 2-3 years but showed no interest it ain't like our issues with ownership haven't been common knowledge. Why has it taken to now for him to come to light??

Secondly he can babble on with community lingo but it doesn't escape the fact he could have bought his community is the Gypos team but hasn't

Why would you barrack for anyone at this stage?
We know stuff all about Martin Lee's proposal either and his motives, same as months ago with Dundee's Thompson.
The talks with Thompson were fairly advanced but not once did we here about what his vision was for the Newcastle Jets.
Even FFA, is their priority just to recoup their costs and make a profit or are they genuinely concerned with making sure the new ownership is the right fit for this club?

Going to be interesting but with the very limited knowledge we have of Lee or Von Schmauden or the supposed other four potential buyers, can't see the point in picking a favourite at this stage.

lquiquer
27-03-2016, 11:24 AM
I want the most evil of all the evil people taking us over.

Only way to get ahead in the world.

Trump might be interested?.... He'll buy anything right now

plague
27-03-2016, 03:30 PM
Trump might be interested?.... He'll buy anything right now

I'd def be back in for season tix if the great man ponied up.

Jeterpool
27-03-2016, 08:40 PM
We know stuff all about Martin Lee's proposal either and his motives, same as months ago with Dundee's Thompson.
The talks with Thompson were fairly advanced but not once did we here about what his vision was for the Newcastle Jets.
Even FFA, is their priority just to recoup their costs and make a profit or are they genuinely concerned with making sure the new ownership is the right fit for this club?

Going to be interesting but with the very limited knowledge we have of Lee or Von Schmauden or the supposed other four potential buyers, can't see the point in picking a favourite at this stage.

Only the FFA and th interested parties know the details of the negotiations.

You make an excellent point. We have no idea what they are truly offering. Until such time I too will be holding off my view.

halo se7en
27-03-2016, 08:58 PM

I love all this talk about 'vision'. Let's drop the BS. At the end of the day, we need someone who can throw some money at the team, get some decent players, win enough games, make the finals, entertain us, then we go home happy. Tinkler tried and did alright to begin with until we quickly learnt he didn't actually have money to throw at the team. Seriously, what do you want the new owner to do? 'Connect with the community?' What the hell does that even mean? We just need someone with money who'll hang around for at least a few years so the FFA don't have an excuse to see us disappear in place of another Sydney team.

27-03-2016, 09:25 PM

This

Mr LEeD seems to be already putting his money where his mouth is for football in various parts

Kinda hoping for the Chinese bloke also