PDA

View Full Version : Insert Name Here aka The Ownership Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

borat
27-03-2016, 10:25 PM
If you were interested in buying the Jets would you be accepting the FFA asking price. The FFA are bleeding money, the longer it drags on the more it costs.

FFA are grandstanding and if you ask me this bloke from Hawaii is nothing more than a smokescreen to make it look like there is a serious second bidder, or any other bidder for that matter. I know what's more beleivable and it's the Chinese bid by a country mile

turbojetfireV8
27-03-2016, 11:52 PM
I love all this talk about 'vision'. Let's drop the BS. At the end of the day, we need someone who can throw some money at the team, get some decent players, win enough games, make the finals, entertain us, then we go home happy. Tinkler tried and did alright to begin with until we quickly learnt he didn't actually have money to throw at the team. Seriously, what do you want the new owner to do? 'Connect with the community?' What the hell does that even mean? We just need someone with money who'll hang around for at least a few years so the FFA don't have an excuse to see us disappear in place of another Sydney team.

For the first five minutes whoever buys us can throw all the money they like at us, but by the sixth minute I wanna see a plethora of sponsorship deals with local and national (even international, I'm not fussy) businesses, third party agreements coming from every direction, blanket advertising announcing the all new fighter Jets have arrived and they're ready for combat, promotion to make the Knights hierarchy cry, and that's just for starters. The Jets need to rebuild the brand properly within the community by showing they mean business on and off the park, they've made a tentative start but we need to take it fifteen levels higher.

I do want to know what any prospective buyer envisages the club will be in 5, 10, 25 years time - A-League and ACL champions? A proper academy producing top level juniors? That should be the minimum. And do they have the investment power long term to make it a reality? Martin ticks a few boxes, but he really needs to be able to show where he's gonna connect with local business etc before I get too excited. I'm also a little apprehensive about being owned by someone who will have virtually no profile here, unless he starts a consortium with local investors will it just look like we've been sold off to a faceless corporation? I'd like to see an owner who actually comes to games as regularly as possible and shows some passion for the team, that would give the semblance at least that the owner is a supporter of the product he is endorsing, more like a Lowy-style ownership where you know the owner is prepared to win at all costs.

hawk
28-03-2016, 12:43 AM
Trump might be interested?.... He'll buy anything right now

we'd get a wall and players would have to pass straya test

De-Champ
28-03-2016, 09:27 AM
For the first five minutes whoever buys us can throw all the money they like at us, but by the sixth minute I wanna see a plethora of sponsorship deals with local and national (even international, I'm not fussy) businesses, third party agreements coming from every direction, blanket advertising announcing the all new fighter Jets have arrived and they're ready for combat, promotion to make the Knights hierarchy cry, and that's just for starters. The Jets need to rebuild the brand properly within the community by showing they mean business on and off the park, they've made a tentative start but we need to take it fifteen levels higher.

I do want to know what any prospective buyer envisages the club will be in 5, 10, 25 years time - A-League and ACL champions? A proper academy producing top level juniors? That should be the minimum. And do they have the investment power long term to make it a reality? Martin ticks a few boxes, but he really needs to be able to show where he's gonna connect with local business etc before I get too excited. I'm also a little apprehensive about being owned by someone who will have virtually no profile here, unless he starts a consortium with local investors will it just look like we've been sold off to a faceless corporation? I'd like to see an owner who actually comes to games as regularly as possible and shows some passion for the team, that would give the semblance at least that the owner is a supporter of the product he is endorsing, more like a Lowy-style ownership where you know the owner is prepared to win at all costs.

keep dreamimg

halo se7en
28-03-2016, 12:11 PM

Jesus you aren't asking for much. But there it is again, 'he really needs to be able to show where he's gonna connect with local business etc'.

Why? If he gets national or even international sponsors on board, why is this even a priority? And what makes you think local businesses wouldn't jump at the chance to try and connect with a cashed-up Chinese business man?

As for your dreamed up white knight, name some wealthy Newcastle business people who are interested in the Jets, have a high profile, and who are respected enough for the almighty local businesses to deem good enough to get on board. I'm sure this Chinese guy has a million percent better chance of attracting sponsors from further afield than the Hunter Valley then whatever novocastrian it is you're conjuring up in your imagination.

Seriously, do you think any owner is going to be around in 25 years? For any a-league club? Or for most clubs around the world, even highly successful ones?

Also, can you explain to me what 'rebuilding the brand' means without using useless jargon? When the team wins, people attend. When people attend, they get to know the players. When the players become better-known, their face gets plastered around town. End of. If you're talking about school visits, hospital visits, training camps yada yada yada, aren't they already doing that? Do we have any tangible proof that increasing these visits and spending more time out in the community actually leads to an increase in membership or 'better connection' with the community, or is it just another myth we can whinge about when we aren't winning games.

furns
28-03-2016, 12:32 PM
Jesus you aren't asking for much. But there it is again, 'he really needs to be able to show where he's gonna connect with local business etc'.

Why? If he gets national or even international sponsors on board, why is this even a priority? And what makes you think local businesses wouldn't jump at the chance to try and connect with a cashed-up Chinese business man?

As for your dreamed up white knight, name some wealthy Newcastle business people who are interested in the Jets, have a high profile, and who are respected enough for the almighty local businesses to deem good enough to get on board. I'm sure this Chinese guy has a million percent better chance of attracting sponsors from further afield than the Hunter Valley then whatever novocastrian it is you're conjuring up in your imagination.

Seriously, do you think any owner is going to be around in 25 years? For any a-league club? Or for most clubs around the world, even highly successful ones?

Also, can you explain to me what 'rebuilding the brand' means without using useless jargon? When the team wins, people attend. When people attend, they get to know the players. When the players become better-known, their face gets plastered around town. End of. If you're talking about school visits, hospital visits, training camps yada yada yada, aren't they already doing that? Do we have any tangible proof that increasing these visits and spending more time out in the community actually leads to an increase in membership or 'better connection' with the community, or is it just another myth we can whinge about when we aren't winning games.
Better community links and proper promotion get people through the gates.
Money spent on the team, office & coaching ancillary staff etc to create a culture the community can get behind and the crowds don't drop off by 50% when we lose more than 2 games in a row.

stopper2
28-03-2016, 02:23 PM
I love all this talk about 'vision'. Let's drop the BS. At the end of the day, we need someone who can throw some money at the team, get some decent players, win enough games, make the finals, entertain us, then we go home happy. Tinkler tried and did alright to begin with until we quickly learnt he didn't actually have money to throw at the team. Seriously, what do you want the new owner to do? 'Connect with the community?' What the hell does that even mean? We just need someone with money who'll hang around for at least a few years so the FFA don't have an excuse to see us disappear in place of another Sydney team.

No, we need an owner to do what Con and Tinks both failed to do and failed terribly, I might add and that is to connect with local corporate businesses in the Hunter and NNSW as a whole....to bring in valuable sponsorship dollars and support. This will ensure the long term longevity of the club so that we are not always relying on one man with hopefully deep pockets to continually be pumping money into the Jets.

All good to connect with the community by visiting hospitals, schools and local clubs but you can't beat having a strong, successful club like we had between 2006-08 to truly connect with the community.

stopper2
28-03-2016, 02:27 PM

^^^^
This

plague
28-03-2016, 02:36 PM
To be fair any new owner can get the local business community to pay a hell of a lot of his teams bills if he a) employs some staff who return phone calls or b) doesn't **** them over by continually owing them money.

Jets always seem to be way behind when it comes to commercial revenue. Might be a good idea to look into fixing that.

We all agree memberships are strong for what we get onfield.

stopper2
28-03-2016, 02:39 PM

The local interest is definitely there from businesses as a local consortium did put forth a bid but were well short of the $$$ required by FFA.
Don't for a second underestimate that there are businesses in the Hunter who want to be involved with the Jets. Just look at businesses like Inspirations Paint, Greater Building Soc, Varley Eng etc who have all come on board since FFA took over and with the right owner involved I bet there would be dozens more willing to be involved!

De-Champ
28-03-2016, 03:21 PM
The local interest is definitely there from businesses as a local consortium did put forth a bid but were well short of the $$$ required by FFA.
Don't for a second underestimate that there are businesses in the Hunter who want to be involved with the Jets. Just look at businesses like Inspirations Paint, Greater Building Soc, Varley Eng etc who have all come on board since FFA took over and with the right owner involved I bet there would be dozens more willing to be involved!

Some of those sponsors you mentioned are contra...which at the end of the day are useless in terms of $$$
The fact that the local consortium came up short says it all

halo se7en
28-03-2016, 03:42 PM

That kind of proves my point though. As long as we don't have an owner with a bad rep around town i.e. Tinkler, the sponsorship shouldn't be a drama for someone with plenty of $ and connections.

halo se7en
28-03-2016, 03:46 PM
Money spent on the team, office & coaching ancillary staff etc to create a culture the community can get behind and the crowds don't drop off by 50% when we lose more than 2 games in a row.

Our crowds for the last 5 years show that the biggest thing we're missing is a winning team. As long as the Chinese guy is willing to shell out some money, the 'connecting with the community' part is irrelevant. Better team, office & coaching staff comes with having more money. As will a good portion of promotion. All of that will naturally attract novocastrians to attend games. It's not like we already have a highly valued culture or 'code' that a new owner needs to stick to.

hawk
28-03-2016, 03:52 PM

Our crowd culture is still great. You cant blame people for staying away from this abortion

we dont lose 2 games in a row we lose 5 yrs in a row and there are still people turning up. Amazing for a league town

WolfMan
28-03-2016, 09:52 PM
Our crowd culture is still great. You cant blame people for staying away from this abortion

we dont lose 2 games in a row we lose 5 yrs in a row and there are still people turning up. Amazing for a league town

You can stop playing the "league town" card. It only serves to further promote the idea.

The membership numbers given the barren run is nothing short of remarkable, no matter what area of the country it is in.

On top of all that, there the whole ownership saga, which had claimed numbers this season especially. But nothing that can't be repaired by the right owner/s being appointed post haste

hawk
28-03-2016, 10:52 PM
whoa there snoozy, this is still very bogan league town, get out more

stopper2
29-03-2016, 01:17 AM
whoa there snoozy, this is still very bogan league town, get out more
From the late 80's through the 90's to the mid 2000's yes with the popularity of the Knights, yes you could say Newy was a League town....not any more. Knights crowds have been declining for years and at grassroots level while Football grows year after year in all age groups, as mentioned in Tony Butterfield's column a few weeks back, League is reaching a crisis point with age groups between 11-13 down by as much as 20% and older age groups even worse!
I don't think the Knights will ever regain the popularity of their heyday when they drew crowds over 25k. The sporting landscape has changed.
We get the ownership right and have a Jets side pushing top four regularly, who knows how big football can become in this region.

Frodo
29-03-2016, 09:01 AM
From the late 80's through the 90's to the mid 2000's yes with the popularity of the Knights, yes you could say Newy was a League town....not any more. Knights crowds have been declining for years and at grassroots level while Football grows year after year in all age groups, as mentioned in Tony Butterfield's column a few weeks back, League is reaching a crisis point with age groups between 11-13 down by as much as 20% and older age groups even worse!
I don't think the Knights will ever regain the popularity of their heyday when they drew crowds over 25k. The sporting landscape has changed.
We get the ownership right and have a Jets side pushing top four regularly, who knows how big football can become in this region.

I'm sorry i'm with Hawk on this one. I think, whilst the stats are probably true, you're missing what we mean by "league town". I still see Knights jerseys/stickers/flags etc everywhere in Newcastle/the Hunter. I do see jets gear around but not at the same level.

Don't get me wrong, we have taken massive strides in closing the gap but the families spending $200-400 a year on memberships and $300 on gear are still more inclined to go to the league. If we start winning championships and competing in the ACL then we can start to attract them over.

That's where the real money is, 2 adults and 3 kids all with memberships/jerseys/flags. Not us blokes drinking beer and complaining about every little detail. We will travel to the away games and create the atmosphere but we need the cash cows to start breeding the next generation of Jets fans.

Jetmaster
29-03-2016, 09:39 AM
The Knights have suffered from their "Knights Nannas" demographic dying off and being stuck in the last century with their "our town", "bred from tough", blue collar imagery that the younger ones, business and tourism find out-dated. People still love their league around here but for the Knights its only for the big games now. That devotion of 20 years ago is gone (cue desperate 1997 anniversary mania next year).

Unlike other cities though, Newcastle does have a strong football undercurrent - the tragedy is we just can't get it right!

redwah
29-03-2016, 05:55 PM
I'm sorry i'm with Hawk on this one. I think, whilst the stats are probably true, you're missing what we mean by "league town". I still see Knights jerseys/stickers/flags etc everywhere in Newcastle/the Hunter. I do see jets gear around but not at the same level.

Don't get me wrong, we have taken massive strides in closing the gap but the families spending $200-400 a year on memberships and $300 on gear are still more inclined to go to the league. If we start winning championships and competing in the ACL then we can start to attract them over.

That's where the real money is, 2 adults and 3 kids all with memberships/jerseys/flags. Not us blokes drinking beer and complaining about every little detail. We will travel to the away games and create the atmosphere but we need the cash cows to start breeding the next generation of Jets fans.

Are you sure you are seeing knights gear? I mean for three years the colors and sponsors were the same so from a distance they look the same.

In saying that I do agree that there are more knights fans around...same as in syndey there are more roosters and rabbitohs and eels and tigers and dragons and so and so as there are fc or rbb fans, same goes for Melbourne and Brisbane....it's just a longevity thing. I'm not saying it would happen but the old "ethnic groups" getting involved in an a league club would bump numbers up big time.

I'm not positive on this but I'm sure the old Sydney united or Marconi crowds aren't all fc or rbb fans, as I'm sure not all the older guys from magic or Olympic or azzuri go to jets games.

MFKS
29-03-2016, 06:16 PM
The whole debate is irrelevant.

Most people who follow sockah ate visible and turn up to games

League has many many people who don't front but take an active interest watching it on TV reading newspapers and discussion at the water cooler Monday

Add in the fact the code is given preferential wall to wall coverage in the media then it is never gonna change anytime soon

It would take 50-100 years to change it

Premy
29-03-2016, 06:20 PM
Im not positive on this but I'm sure the old Sydney united or Marconi crowds aren't all fc or rbb fans, as I'm sure not all the older guys from magic or Olympic or azzuri go to jets games.
Don't worry about Magic, Olympic and Azzurri.
There are Football people in Australia who play Football and watch Football every week that are yet to buy into the A-League. I play Football with people that talk non stop about Football but still don't buy into the A-League.

What FFA need to do is make sure this Eurosnob mentality doesn't gain traction with the next generation. Someone who is already a Eurosnob is basically a lost cause to the A-League as that culture see it as a inferior product (which it is no doubt) and refuse to give it a chance. The A-Leagueis becoming successful because people buy into it emotionally and that's what they need the next generation to do.

hawk
29-03-2016, 07:28 PM

I hope this is the case.

When you say to people (outside of sokkah crowd) you play football they say yeah? you say, soccer football, they say oh........try it

I do understand that there has been a fair cultural shift in that we dont get ridiculed as much anymore.

WolfMan
29-03-2016, 09:40 PM
The whole Optus EPL deal could actually help the A-League. I'm sure I'm not the only one who due to time constraints or otherwise just doesn't watch all that much EPL anymore.

Certainly not enough to warrant a separate subscription via whatever medium to continue access.

But, I will keep Foxtel for all the other sport and entertainment I enjoy.

Perhaps some of these eurosnobs will be forced to endure the A-League and realise it's not so bad after all

rhysd
29-03-2016, 10:37 PM
The whole Optus EPL deal could actually help the A-League. I'm sure I'm not the only one who due to time constraints or otherwise just doesn't watch all that much EPL anymore.

Certainly not enough to warrant a separate subscription via whatever medium to continue access.

Perhaps some of these eurosnobs will be forced to endure the A-League and realise it's not so bad after all

Brilliant post

belchardo
29-03-2016, 10:38 PM
But won't a eurosnob can fox and get optus?

lquiquer
29-03-2016, 10:42 PM

Yep but my understanding is that Optus also got confederation cup 2017 and World Cup 2018... I think we r in the wrong thread by the way.....

monz6
30-03-2016, 04:01 PM
Everyone needs to change. Not just an owner or the ffa. Some Fans as well. I know it's been mentioned but why would a great keeper for example want to come here and ply for us when he sees the way Covic got treated last week. Also Some of you say you want to attract "eurosnobs" to watch the jets/a league... If I was someone who only watched European games and I saw some of you blokes calling me a eurosnob I'm not gunna go wow jets fans are great people that's a crowd I want to mix with. Fans can't just sit back and wait for ffa and an owner to change everything. Starts with us too.

plague
30-03-2016, 04:11 PM
Everyone needs to change. Not just an owner or the ffa. Some Fans as well. I know it's been mentioned but why would a great keeper for example want to come here and ply for us when he sees the way Covic got treated last week. Also Some of you say you want to attract "eurosnobs" to watch the jets/a league... If I was someone who only watched European games and I saw some of you blokes calling me a eurosnob I'm not gunna go wow jets fans are great people that's a crowd I want to mix with. Fans can't just sit back and wait for ffa and an owner to change everything. Starts with us too.

One of the big benefits of being a Jets fan.
20,000 odd empty seats to park yourself every game so you don't have to see/hear or deal with anyone you don't like.

It's like apartheid without all the racisity bits.

q-money
30-03-2016, 05:00 PM
forever alone

hawk
30-03-2016, 07:20 PM
change you knts.....

And lets stop all the covic ass kissing, the pelican was being a dick to one of OUR boys, and got just reward #fortressnewy

btw our supporters are the best gutgw

stopper2
07-04-2016, 07:35 PM
A little birdy told me that the deal with Martin Lee is done!!!

plague
07-04-2016, 07:52 PM

Have heard he's already sold Ugarkovic and Biraz to start clawing back the $5million he just set on fire.

All signage in the stadium to be Asian lettering and everyone has to wear a shirt with the number 8 in it.

Hoff has picked 888888.

Glory days ahead boys

(Until he goes broke and the club folds for good).

stopper2
07-04-2016, 08:44 PM
Have heard he's already sold Ugarkovic and Biraz to start clawing back the $5million he just set on fire.

All signage in the stadium to be Asian lettering and everyone has to wear a shirt with the number 8 in it.

Hoff has picked 888888.

Glory days ahead boys

(Until he goes broke and the club folds for good).

Losing your touch plague, not even remotely funny!

plague
07-04-2016, 10:30 PM
Losing your touch plague, not even remotely funny!

Who's being funny?

Serious shit this.
I'm looking forward to having bloke willing to pay big money to lose even more money being in charge of this steaming pile of turd.

Sounds like a champ.

MFKS
08-04-2016, 12:15 AM

Remind me again who he is.

He the Hawaiian Gypo or the Chinese bloke??

sammydog
08-04-2016, 12:21 AM

Chinese lighting guy.

q-money
08-04-2016, 12:35 AM
who will represent the people's interests against Mr McLee?

stone cold furns will go through hell and back

plague
08-04-2016, 07:23 AM
who will represent the people's interests against Mr McLee?

stone cold furns will go through hell and back

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2014/05/21/multimedia/kristof-tiananmen/kristof-tiananmen-articleLarge.jpg

The first fans forum seems to be going well........

MFKS
08-04-2016, 08:24 AM

Good time to welcome our Chinese overlord then

Thank **** it ain't some bloke with untold wealth who chooses of all places on the planet to llive on the Gypo Coast.

That would do my head in

Tommyjet
08-04-2016, 08:40 AM
Good news for our chances for next season. Thought ffa would blow it and let it drag on a couple of more months when by which time the decent foreign and local talent had committed elsewhere.

Jetmaster
08-04-2016, 08:46 AM
Um...

1 - It ain't confirmed.
2 - If it is, we do not know what Mr Lee's plan or setup is.

Go ahead with your prognostications though.

Tommyjet
08-04-2016, 08:57 AM
Um...

1 - It ain't confirmed.

Eternally optimistic, can't help it so will do

Wilso8948
08-04-2016, 09:00 AM
Um...

1 - It ain't confirmed.

Yes it is. Some random **** on the net said that his random **** friend confirmed it

Jeterpool
08-04-2016, 10:07 AM
I'm being cautious. Having a read of some of the demands the Ledman Group made of the Portuguese 2nd Division when negotiating the naming rights, which were rejected, are concerning.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3417557/Portuguese-clubs-field-Chinese-players-new-sponsorship-deal-second-tier-LigaPro-division.html

Now these demands were rejected because the clubs all stuck together. We are one entity, owned by a governing body who have never been flushed with cash and have no long term interest in owning us. We as a club entity don't have the same power to negotiate on our own as the league did over there. Our negotiating position is weak because the FFA want us sold (though this could be in question with their actions at times).

If it's true, I wonder - are we going to see the Youth team full of young Chinese players? Are promising Chinese coaches going to be sent out here to try their luck in our league? Will we field Chinese players, regardless of their ability in an attempt to develop them, at the expense of our own local youth?

This may be seen as sky-is-falling type scenarios but everyone is on board with this guy without knowing ANYTHING about the deal. We see $$$ signs and lift our skirts.

Call me paranoid, but we've been bitten before and we might not get what we wish for. To convince me, I'm going to have to see more.

lquiquer
08-04-2016, 10:37 AM
If it's true, I wonder - are we going to see the Youth team full of young Chinese players?

Or a youth team of Panamanian ? :brrr:

MFKS
08-04-2016, 11:34 AM
Yes it is. Some random **** on the net said that his random **** friend confirmed it

If it is on the internet it must be true then

Doesn't everyone believe this principle???

stopper2
08-04-2016, 01:03 PM
I'm being cautious. Having a read of some of the demands the Ledman Group made of the Portuguese 2nd Division when negotiating the naming rights, which were rejected, are concerning.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3417557/Portuguese-clubs-field-Chinese-players-new-sponsorship-deal-second-tier-LigaPro-division.html

Now these demands were rejected because the clubs all stuck together. We are one entity, owned by a governing body who have never been flushed with cash and have no long term interest in owning us. We as a club entity don't have the same power to negotiate on our own as the league did over there. Our negotiating position is weak because the FFA want us sold (though this could be in question with their actions at times).

If it's true, I wonder - are we going to see the Youth team full of young Chinese players? Are promising Chinese coaches going to be sent out here to try their luck in our league? Will we field Chinese players, regardless of their ability in an attempt to develop them, at the expense of our own local youth?

This may be seen as sky-is-falling type scenarios but everyone is on board with this guy without knowing ANYTHING about the deal. We see $$$ signs and lift our skirts.

Call me paranoid, but we've been bitten before and we might not get what we wish for. To convince me, I'm going to have to see more.

Totally agree mate.
You've raised some very valid concerns.
Just want to add that I hope sticking point for FFA is that he will need to genuinely engage with the Hunter business community. Without that local corporate backing at all levels this club will go down the same path it did as with Con and Tinks

WolfMan
08-04-2016, 05:09 PM
If it is on the internet it must be true then

Doesn't everyone believe this principle???

I also read it in a book written ages ago, found in a cave and stuff. And then rewritten for some reason.

Inadmissible evidence in any court

stopper2
08-04-2016, 05:31 PM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2014/05/21/multimedia/kristof-tiananmen/kristof-tiananmen-articleLarge.jpg

The first fans forum seems to be going well........

Don't know about anyone else but I find this picture offensive considering it is in reference to the nationality of someone who could possibly be the new owner of our club.
What connection is there to an obviously wealthy Chinese businessman and the 1989 Tiannamin Massacre of Chinese students by the Communist Red Army?
Poor taste plague....very poor taste:angry:

plague
08-04-2016, 06:41 PM
Don't know about anyone else but I find this picture offensive considering it is in reference to the nationality of someone who could possibly be the new owner of our club.
What connection is there to an obviously wealthy Chinese businessman and the 1989 Tiannamin Massacre of Chinese students by the Communist Red Army?
Poor taste plague....very poor taste:angry:

nah, its funny and you don't have a sense of humour.

almost as funny as faux outrage.

but thats on you pal, not me.

plague
08-04-2016, 06:42 PM
plus that bloke in front of the tank looks EXACTLY* like Furns.

Like, spitting image.

thats what makes it so funny.

*i have no idea if this is true

halo se7en
09-04-2016, 01:13 PM

I don't think it's that big a concern. He wanted to take across 10 Chinese players for 10 clubs. That's not a large %. It was rejected and he went through with the sponsorship anyway so it's not like he spat the dummy and ran. It's also a sign that he cares about footballers from his own country - that's not a bad thing. At least he cares about football.

He can't do the same thing here because he has no hold over the league. If he wants to use our 5 foreign spots for 5 Chinese players, who cares as long as they're good enough. For all the Brazilians, Serbs, Croats, Poms, Dutch, Argentinians, Koreans, Fins(?), Norwegians etc. that we've had, how many have been any good? I'm not interested in the Jets representing the U.N. I also can't see them bringing over sub-standard players when they're probably better off staying home anyway - unlike Portugal for their better players which would have been a helpful shop window to the rest of Europe.

Are there any restrictions on foreigners in the Youth league? I haven't heard of one but it probably hasn't been a thing before. If there is a restriction, there isn't much to worry about there either. At the end of day, I'd rather an owner that's keeping our club afloat and offering 50% opportunity to local kids, then no club.

stopper2
09-04-2016, 02:10 PM
I don't think it's that big a concern. He wanted to take across 10 Chinese players for 10 clubs. That's not a large %. It was rejected and he went through with the sponsorship anyway so it's not like he spat the dummy and ran. It's also a sign that he cares about footballers from his own country - that's not a bad thing. At least he cares about football.

He can't do the same thing here because he has no hold over the league. If he wants to use our 5 foreign spots for 5 Chinese players, who cares as long as they're good enough. For all the Brazilians, Serbs, Croats, Poms, Dutch, Argentinians, Koreans, Fins(?), Norwegians etc. that we've had, how many have been any good? I'm not interested in the Jets representing the U.N. I also can't see them bringing over sub-standard players when they're probably better off staying home anyway - unlike Portugal for their better players which would have been a helpful shop window to the rest of Europe.

Are there any restrictions on foreigners in the Youth league? I haven't heard of one but it probably hasn't been a thing before. If there is a restriction, there isn't much to worry about there either. At the end of day, I'd rather an owner that's keeping our club afloat and offering 50% opportunity to local kids, then no club.

Excellent points mate.
At the end of the day. I think the connections he has through his Lighting empire, especially in China and Asia and the fact that he is a genuine football fan will open up endless possibilities for this club. No use pre-empting anything at this stage though of what his plans are for this club, lets just wait and see, hey....

stopper2
09-04-2016, 02:12 PM

Yeah, I'm sure anyone of Chinese background looking at that picture and the context it is in would be rolling in the aisles with that effort mate!

plague
09-04-2016, 02:33 PM
Yeah, I'm sure anyone of Chinese background looking at that picture and the context it is in would be rolling in the aisles with that effort mate!

No no no. Don't backtrack now.
You said 'you' were offended.
You tried to assemble some backup on the foz and no one jumped on.
Now you are speaking for the entire Chinese population?

If you don't understand the joke that's cool, but that's on you. But calling for the lynch mob* puts a shine on your insecurity and desire to be a beacon for what's 'right' and 'wrong', and I'm not interested in your crusades pal.

You don't like it? Cool, ignore it like everyone else did.

Or better still steer clear of the internet because there's some pretty strange shit on there.

*...........waiting

stopper2
10-04-2016, 10:56 AM
No no no. Don't backtrack now.
You said 'you' were offended.
You tried to assemble some backup on the foz and no one jumped on.
Now you are speaking for the entire Chinese population?

If you don't understand the joke that's cool, but that's on you. But calling for the lynch mob* puts a shine on your insecurity and desire to be a beacon for what's 'right' and 'wrong', and I'm not interested in your crusades pal.

You don't like it? Cool, ignore it like everyone else did.

Or better still steer clear of the internet because there's some pretty strange shit on there.

*...........waiting

Yeah whatever, said how I felt about the matter but you want to make a big song and dance about it and start with the psychological BS.

10-04-2016, 01:26 PM
Yeah whatever, said how I felt about the matter but you want to make a big song and dance about it and start with the psychological BS.

You should know better by now that Plague is always right and that anybody who does not see things his ways is mistaken and it is all "on them ".

hawk
10-04-2016, 01:40 PM

peeps be dissing all things ok to them but become precious when it it affects the bleeding hearts brigade. Your opinion is fine so dont fall victim to the bigoted pc wankers of the world :wink:

plague
10-04-2016, 02:10 PM
You should know better by now that Plague is always right and that anybody who does not see things his ways is mistaken and it is all "on them ".

Why are you so mad?
Cause I didn't make you like this. You were like this before I got here.
That's what I mean by its on you.
Did the joke/photo offend you? Or you didn't get it? Can I help with anything?

I don't understand your anger.

Anyway, in an effort to avoid such situations in the future (because I love all you guys I really do) I will post only photos of cute puppies.

Everyone loves puppies yeah?

brb when I can find a colour and gender neutral breed with an inoffensive name that will suit all your needs.

Go Jets.

10-04-2016, 03:25 PM
Not angry just don't get your enthusiasm for jumping on people from a great height who have a contrary opinion to yours.

Carry on.

plague
10-04-2016, 04:05 PM
Not angry just don't get your enthusiasm for jumping on people from a great height who have a contrary opinion to yours.

Carry on.

Hey man I'm happy to explain anything you don't understand. Just ask.
What is confusing to me is that you seem to have come in well after the initial issue because Mt Pious was populated well before me and my Sherpas looked for a place to stay.

Anyway you guys have the last word then let's get back to pictures of puppies.

The glory of the 6 month off season awaits, let's not waste it.

belchardo
10-04-2016, 04:13 PM
Ffs, can you lot take this somewhere else?

stopper2
14-04-2016, 12:16 PM
So we supposedly have two very interested parties interested in buying our club; the Ledman Group (Martin Lee) and the US consortium led by Von Schmauder. Other clubs have ownership structures in place where there are more than one person/group with a stakehold in the club i.e Victory, SFC (Frank Lowy himself has or used to have a stakehold in SFC) and Phoenix.
Why then doesn't FFA do a similar thing with the Jets?
Going by the reports that Lee's proposal is much more advanced and that his Ledman Group has the deepest pockets, give him the majority stakehold and 51%.
The Von Schmauder consortium would have 33%, local businesses who want to have a stakehold could make up 15%, which would leave 1% for paying Members who want to be more than just season ticketholders and have some sort of input.

Share the expense of running the club around so we don't have to rely on just one person, one owner with hopefully deep pockets to keep financing the club year after year. Con and Tinkler sould be lessons that show that a "one owner" ownership model just does not work in Newcastle.
In years to come, who knows if the club goes from strength to strength and becomes a viable and sustainable entity, then you might have the situation where the local business entity want to increase their stakehold for example, which ultimately is what we should be aiming for in the long-term.

Wilso8948
14-04-2016, 12:31 PM
So we supposedly have two very interested parties interested in buying our club; the Ledman Group (Martin Lee) and the US consortium led by Von Schmauder. Other clubs have ownership structures in place where there are more than one person/group with a stakehold in the club i.e Victory, SFC (Frank Lowy himself has or used to have a stakehold in SFC) and Phoenix.
Going by the reports that Lee's proposal is much more advanced and that his Ledman Group has the deepest pockets, give him the majority stakehold and 51%.
The Von Schmauder consortium would have 33%, local businesses who want to have a stakehold could make up 15%, which would leave 1% for paying Members who want to be more than just season ticketholders and have some sort of input.

Share the expense of running the club around so we don't have to rely on just one person, one owner with hopefully deep pockets to keep financing the club year after year. Con and Tinkler sould be lessons that show that a "one owner" ownership model just does not work in Newcastle.
In years to come, who knows if the club goes from strength to strength and becomes a viable and sustainable entity, then you might have the situation where the local business entity want to increase their stakehold for example, which ultimately is what we should be aiming for in the long-term.

So with that 1% I can pick which marquee we get yeh?

stopper2
14-04-2016, 12:40 PM
So with that 1% I can pick which marquee we get yeh?

Well, you tell me brains, if an entity has 51% and the other only 1%, who is going to have the final say on picking a marquee?

belchardo
14-04-2016, 01:47 PM
like the idea stopper.

stopper2
14-04-2016, 02:06 PM
like the idea stopper.

Yeah, but not holding my breath waiting for FFA to be pro-active about getting all the interested parties together to nut out an ownership along these lines.
They've had control of the club for 12 months now and apart from those Forums about 9-10 months ago, what have they actually done in terms with engaging with the local community/businesses regarding the ownership structure? I believe they knocked back a local consortium's bid because of a lack of dollars, so why can't they bring these people and Martin Lee plus Von Schmauder into contact and say....okay, you all want to be involved with the Jets, let's do it and all work together to make it happen and build the foundations for a strong and viable football club.
Would be a win for FFA too as they would probably get the "right price" they are seeking too:wink:

The Camel
14-04-2016, 02:19 PM
Yeah, but not holding my breath waiting for FFA to be pro-active about getting all the interested parties together to nut out an ownership along these lines.
They've had control of the club for 12 months now and apart from those Forums about 9-10 months ago, what have they actually done in terms with engaging with the local community/businesses regarding the ownership structure? I believe they knocked back a local consortium's bid because of a lack of dollars, so why can't they bring these people and Martin Lee plus Von Schmauder into contact and say....okay, you all want to be involved with the Jets, let's do it and all work together to make it happen and build the foundations for a strong and viable football club.
Would be a win for FFA too as they would probably get the "right price" they are seeking too:wink:

Or it could go all tits up with board infighting and ownership disputes and people undermining each other for control ala Manly Sea Eagles

Guerny
14-04-2016, 02:44 PM
Where are the f*cking puppies c*nt!!

Wilso8948
14-04-2016, 02:51 PM
Well, you tell me brains, if an entity has 51% and the other only 1%, who is going to have the final say on picking a marquee?

Sarcasm doesn't work well on the internet does it..

Frodo
14-04-2016, 02:57 PM
Sarcasm doesn't work well on the internet does it..

Puppies or GTFO!

Bon
14-04-2016, 04:14 PM
Puppies or GTFO!

If I wasn't on my work computer, I'd like to post a picture of some "puppies" that I can only assume we would all like to see..

stopper2
14-04-2016, 04:31 PM
Or it could go all tits up with board infighting and ownership disputes and people undermining each other for control ala Manly Sea Eagles
So what do you suggest, just rely on the one owner who has deep pockets and hopefully sticks around?

The Camel
14-04-2016, 04:42 PM
So what do you suggest, just rely on the one owner who has deep pockets and hopefully sticks around?

I do not have the magic answer, I was just pointing out that sticking 2 plus business parties together in running a sporting club is not always beer and skittles.

stopper2
14-04-2016, 06:14 PM
I do not have the magic answer, I was just pointing out that sticking 2 plus business parties together in running a sporting club is not always beer and skittles.
Yes for sure, you no doubt will have disagreements, that's human nature.
However you'd probably avoid farcical situations like the one we had years ago when Con just went ahead and signed Jardel because he could and didn't have to answer to anyone.
Out of curiosity checked out Victory's ownership structure (as they are the A League's benchmark), they in fact have over 20 equity owners who all have shares in the club. Two owners left last year and there was talk of their shares bring offered to Members but the Chairman ended up buying them.

plague
14-04-2016, 06:30 PM
Yeah see I don't think it would it would be a disagreement if I had the 51% I'd be like "**** yo opinion I'm doing it my way" every time.

If you're gonna give an asshole 51 then give him the whole hundred he might be a little more cautious if it's all his coin.

De-Champ
15-04-2016, 10:22 AM

Works in theory but not in practice. Why would I put up say 33% for no say as the guy that has 51% has you and every one else outvoted all the time.
You keep quoting victory as as example, how do you know how victory operates. My guess is that Dipietro has all the sway at victory, the others are just there and go along with anything he says/does.

stopper2
15-04-2016, 02:21 PM
Works in theory but not in practice. Why would I put up say 33% for no say as the guy that has 51% has you and every one else outvoted all the time.
You keep quoting victory as as example, how do you know how victory operates. My guess is that Dipietro has all the sway at victory, the others are just there and go along with anything he says/does.
So it doesn't work in practice? Football clubs all around the world are run in this way, businesses all around the world are run in this way where many people have a stakehold in it but at the end of the day one person has to have the final say on matters....so what, that's life.
But hey, it won't work in Newcastle for the Jets because plague and De-Champ say it won't!!!
I'm not saying I know how Victory operate in regards to decision-making etc and how much power Dipietro has but like I said their ownership consists of over 20 equity owners and would I be right in saying they are probably the benchmark in regards to how a club should be run in the A League?

Maybe Martin Lee is the answer but we all thought Tinks had very deep pockets too when he took over. Who is to say if Lee takes control that his empire has a downturn in a few years to come, which would leave us back to square one again.

MFKS
15-04-2016, 02:41 PM
Stopper is right

The split ownership is just democracy at work

The world operates this way

You can have the best idea and be out voted by idiots who have the numbers

I am all for the carnage you can get having a diversified ownership

On the other foot it means the little guys can hold the big guys to account and keep them honest

hawk
15-04-2016, 03:13 PM
God I hope a name like this is our coach

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user3303/imageroot/2015/11-overflow/20151120_cphuc_1.jpg

plague
15-04-2016, 05:13 PM
So it doesn't work in practice? Football clubs all around the world are run in this way, businesses all around the world are run in this way where many people have a stakehold in it but at the end of the day one person has to have the final say on matters....so what, that's life.
But hey, it won't work in Newcastle for the Jets because plague and De-Champ say it won't!!!
I'm not saying I know how Victory operate in regards to decision-making etc and how much power Dipietro has but like I said their ownership consists of over 20 equity owners and would I be right in saying they are probably the benchmark in regards to how a club should be run in the A League?

Maybe Martin Lee is the answer but we all thought Tinks had very deep pockets too when he took over. Who is to say if Lee takes control that his empire has a downturn in a few years to come, which would leave us back to square one again.

Man you don't even understand your own posts let alone the work of others.

plague
15-04-2016, 05:16 PM
Stopper is right

The split ownership is just democracy at work

The world operates this way

You can have the best idea and be out voted by idiots who have the numbers

I am all for the carnage you can get having a diversified ownership

On the other foot it means the little guys can hold the big guys to account and keep them honest

This is a great summary.

Problem is we can't find any suckers to give up 51, 33 or even 1 percent worth of cash.

If you can find them, good luck. What some of us are saying is, if you've got someone wanting to put the 100% in, who gives a shit.

monz6
15-04-2016, 07:56 PM
We own blue tongue stadium hahaha

plague
15-04-2016, 09:22 PM
We own blue tongue stadium hahaha

and Ernie Merrick.
Can we borrow against these assets?

MFKS
16-04-2016, 09:37 AM
This is a great summary.

Problem is we can't find any suckers to give up 51, 33 or even 1 percent worth of cash.

If you can find them, good luck. What some of us are saying is, if you've got someone wanting to put the 100% in, who gives a shit.

As for your suckers for your diversified ownership model.

Whether they can be found is really irrelevant.

The clowns selling the club have NFI and are interested only in the rich bloke carrying the entire bill model

If they had any brains when they sold WSW they would have created a Fan ownership component

They have shown lip service to that idea with Newy as well

De-Champ
16-04-2016, 10:14 AM

Yes you are correct!!!! Packer owns 51% of crown casinos...but I'm sure there is someone out there that owns 1% of crown that is telling him what to do.

Premy
16-04-2016, 10:16 AM
The Krauts have it right.
51% owned by members 49% owned by rich blokes.

Problem is that rich blokes in Australia don't want to own 49% of a Football Club.

boz-monaut
16-04-2016, 11:25 AM
new money are the only ones stupid enough to throw money at a football club

new money in Australia often means mining jerks who rip everyone off (e.g. Tinkler, Palmer)

as a horrible rich man once said "You only get one Alan Bond in your lifetime, and I've had mine" - the Jerks have had their Alan Bond

GazFish35
16-04-2016, 11:27 AM
And the fans can't afford the 51%

stopper2
16-04-2016, 11:30 AM
As for your suckers for your diversified ownership model.

Whether they can be found is really irrelevant.

The clowns selling the club have NFI and are interested only in the rich bloke carrying the entire bill model

If they had any brains when they sold WSW they would have created a Fan ownership component

They have shown lip service to that idea with Newy as well
Exactly Member, FFA needed to continue the engagement with the community/businesses that was initiated during the Forums from last year. Seems they were nothing but a PR stunt to get people back on board after the Tinkler/Stubbins debacle.
Easiest and most cost effective option for them is to sit back and wait for someone with deep pockets to come along and take the Jets off their hands. To actually be proactive and work towards achieving the best outcome with interested parties, groups, consortiums, businesses etc....is just not FFA's modus operandis.

MFKS
16-04-2016, 11:58 AM
And the fans can't afford the 51%

Your right.

But we can afford something

Whether that be 10%-20% whatever

We are just being denied the opportunity as the FFA wouldn't agree to it anyway if we had the best run fan ownership proposal in the world

They ain't interested

GazFish35
16-04-2016, 12:03 PM
Before dipping your torches in parrafin and picking up the pitchforks, just remember the FFA aren't competent enough to run the finals series, an Olympics campaign and a wc qualifying assault, let berisha play after kicking Durante .... And sell a club into a new ownership model.

Wait for the finals to be over.

GazFish35
16-04-2016, 12:09 PM
And....

Has any organized group of fans (not local businesses) raised funds, created a trust, and sought to put a proposal in front of the FFA for consideration?

Or are we waiting for the FFA or someone else to create it?

I've not heard of anything happening.
Just people complaining that nothing's happening.

Go create it, or shut up about others not creating it for us.

plague
16-04-2016, 12:48 PM
If only the double eff aye didn't screw con over.

Loaning him some coin and working with him may have avoided all the dramas of the last few years.

De-Champ
16-04-2016, 01:13 PM
And....

Has any organized group of fans (not local businesses) raised funds, created a trust, and sought to put a proposal in front of the FFA for consideration?

just resurect Blacmac's model from a few years ago

turbojetfireV8
16-04-2016, 01:14 PM
http://www.ledman.com/lm/index.php/index.html

be great to see our logo up there as well ;)

I think Con may be well and truly rooted now anyway, I believe he no longer owns Parklea Markets so things must be going bad

MFKS
16-04-2016, 01:17 PM
And....

Nice thoughts but reality is we all know going and creating a fans trust here is pissing into the wind.

They are not interested in Fans owning part of a club

Any time spent organising one is wasting ones time. until they are seriously prepared to accept one.

Just the reality of the situation they ain't interested at all and until they change their perspective nothing will change.

They make the rules they do things their way

Premy
16-04-2016, 01:19 PM
If only the double eff aye didn't screw con over.

Loaning him some coin and working with him may have avoided all the dramas of the last few years.
If I'm not mistaken, the big man may be back in the black soon with the sale of the Parklea Markets land. If he owned the land that is, I have no idea about the insides of the deal.

De-Champ
16-04-2016, 01:22 PM
There is no silver bullet that says one form of ownership model will work, be it one person or a multiple of persons/community etc.
Those of you pushing the community barrow eg MFKS and stopper seem to have short memories. Were not the original Newcastle KB United community owned as the Breakers mark one and two, and Rosebud united as well.

At the end of the day you need money, big money. Not just a once off like a community fans with a certain "%" that is put in. But you need money year in and year out. I do not know of any community/fan group that have big money to put in year after year.
It this community model may work over seas where football is not only the number one sport but the dominant sport. Rg in Europe football is the number one sport for 90% of the population, ie it has complete domination over not only sport but life in general. That does not happen in Australia not even with AFL.

MFKS
16-04-2016, 01:33 PM
There is no silver bullet that says one form of ownership model will work, be it one person or a multiple of persons/community etc.
Those of you pushing the community barrow eg MFKS and stopper seem to have short memories. Were not the original Newcastle KB United community owned as the Breakers mark one and two, and Rosebud united as well.

At the end of the day you need money, big money. Not just a once off like a community fans with a certain "%" that is put in. But you need money year in and year out. I do not know of any community/fan group that have big money to put in year after year.
It this community model may work over seas where football is not only the number one sport but the dominant sport. Rg in Europe football is the number one sport for 90% of the population, ie it has complete domination over not only sport but life in general. That does not happen in Australia not even with AFL.
10000 members paying an extra $50 per person for Membership that actually includes ownership is 500k a year.
Plenty of money to own a percentage of the club and cover costs

It could be done so don't say it can't

16-04-2016, 02:03 PM
http://www.ledman.com/lm/index.php/index.html

be great to see our logo up there as well ;)

I think Con may be well and truly rooted now anyway, I believe he no longer owns Parklea Markets so things must be going bad

I have no doubt De Bohun. Gallop and Lowy Jnr will manage to screw things up for us.

Of the two ownership prospects god i hope the Chinese fella comes out in front.

rhysd
16-04-2016, 02:22 PM
10000 members paying an extra $50 per person for Membership that actually includes ownership is 500k a year.

There isn't even 10000 financial members. So realistically it would be 1000 absolute tops putting $500 each.
I'd certainly consider that. Not sure how many other willing participants there would be though

GazFish35
16-04-2016, 02:32 PM
Nice thoughts but reality is we all know going and creating a fans trust here is pissing into the wind.

They are not interested in Fans owning part of a club

Any time spent organising one is wasting ones time. until they are seriously prepared to accept one.

Just the reality of the situation they ain't interested at all and until they change their perspective nothing will change.

They make the rules they do things their way

And so is bitching and moaning about the powers that be not being willing to listen.

Get out from behind the keyboard, get out to grassroots games and get petitions signed and pledges made, knock on doors.

Then go to Westfield towers and show Lowy Jnr that enough support exists - if it truly does.

Why would FFA risk a community ownership model failing if the community aren't actually doing anything to make it happen.

MFKS
16-04-2016, 02:58 PM
Why would FFA risk a community ownership model failing if the community aren't actually doing anything to make it happen.

As opposed to the current model of finding and some Ill fitting rich blokeand conning them to do the task of running their non profiting clubs which isn't really working that well either

Con Tinkler Palmer etc etc etc

Hey it is their choice to chase these rich blokes to run the clubs. Don't blame anyone for a dearth of potential buyers when they have scorched the earth and burnt everyone they have dealt with so the other rich blokes are not interested

The Dunster
16-04-2016, 03:23 PM
Off the top of my head [or out of my arse] I think you would need to sink at least $15m a year into the jets to get them into the top 4. Out of that I'd say $6m for players and the remaining $9m to the coaching/ management / admin / marketing... and everything else you need to be successful.

What I wouldn't spend a dime on is junior development. Better off letting other clubs fall into that trap then poach the best they produce when they are ready to play.

GazFish35
16-04-2016, 03:35 PM
As opposed to the current model of finding and some Ill fitting rich blokeand conning them to do the task of running their non profiting clubs which isn't really working that well either

Con Tinkler Palmer etc etc etc

Hey it is their choice to chase these rich blokes to run the clubs. Don't blame anyone for a dearth of potential buyers when they have scorched the earth and burnt everyone they have dealt with so the other rich blokes are not interested

Ill rephrase he question then....

Why would they bother doing all the legwork to create a community ownership model when the community aren't exactly knocking down their door to make it happen ourselves?

Why do all they work when it's easier to find a rich dude?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be able fork out 500 a seaso to be part of the community group that own some share of the club - but it's up to us to force the issue, not wait till the FFA do it. Am I willing to do the legwork? no. So I'm not gonna bitch that no one else is either.

Complaining that they won't set it up, when we wont either is pointless.

One of the biggest a issues facing our club is that we are all sitting waiting for some else to sort it, while complaining that no-one is trying to sort it.

Perpetual negativity without any action to force change is what really holds us back.

If we aren't willing to get up and force change, constant negativity from the sidelines does nothing to help. It's like the active support issues expanded.

De-Champ
16-04-2016, 04:10 PM

let me see. The club is making 2 - 2.5m loss now, so the .5m the fans chip in will do exactly what?

Captain Obvious
16-04-2016, 05:18 PM
let me see. The club is making 2 - 2.5m loss now, so the .5m the fans chip in will do exactly what?

Cut the losses to between 1.5 and 2m.

hawk
16-04-2016, 10:46 PM

Why would they bother doing all the legwork to create a community ownership model when the community aren't exactly knocking down their door to make it happen ourselves?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be able fork out 500 a seaso to be part of the community group that own some share of the club - but it's up to us to force the issue, not wait till the FFA do it. Am I willing to do the legwork? no. So I'm not gonna bitch that no one else is either.

One of the biggest a issues facing our club is that we are all sitting waiting for some else to sort it, while complaining that no-one is trying to sort it.

Perpetual negativity without any action to force change is what really holds us back.

If we aren't willing to get up and force change, constant negativity from the sidelines does nothing to help. It's like the active support issues expanded.

it'd be less work to organise a supporter group than to do all your posts on here. get to it, chop chop

GazFish35
16-04-2016, 11:38 PM
it'd be less work to organise a supporter group than to do all your posts on here. get to it, chop chop
Ha!
Zero chance.
I don't think it'd work.

stopper2
17-04-2016, 06:15 AM

Some fair points raised Gaz and I agree the football community in this town just aren't proactive and robust enough. Having said that I think you also need some big personalities and individuals who can galvanize support, provide leadership and get things happening.
Having ongoing Members Forums and having likes of Griff and Andy Roberts involved would have been a good starting point but this should have been happening 6-7 months ago. I feel the horse had already bolted now.

plague
17-04-2016, 08:17 AM
Some fair points raised Gaz and I agree the football community in this town just aren't proactive and robust enough. Having said that I think you also need some big personalities and individuals who can galvanize support, provide leadership and get things happening.
Having ongoing Members Forums and having likes of Griff and Andy Roberts involved would have been a good starting point but this should have been happening 6-7 months ago. I feel the horse had already bolted now.

Why don't you contact Roberts or Griff to see what they think?
I'm serious, they are both easy to find. It might answer some of your questions.
Don't die wondering.

Tommyjet
01-05-2016, 08:09 PM
Season over. Get this sorted ffa farken!!!!!!

MFKS
01-05-2016, 09:03 PM
Season over. Get this sorted ffa farken!!!!!!

I thinking if any of these Chinese or Hawaiian gypo overlords are coming in we will be hearing something in the next week

Give the Pissants a day or two to have their glory and fame then keep the positive press flowing with the Jets get new owner stuff

hawk
01-05-2016, 10:03 PM
Ha!
Zero chance.
I don't think it'd work.

not with that pansie attitude...

ok, so if we all put in $10,000 each we'll be up n running....who's in?

plague
01-05-2016, 10:43 PM
then keep the positive press flowing with the Jets get new owner stuff

The hell is positive about our shitful club getting new idiot in to **** it all up again?

Couscous
01-05-2016, 11:07 PM
I may be wrong, but didn't de Bohun say on the Daily Football Show the other week that he was committed to finalising it before he left the job?

MFKS
01-05-2016, 11:15 PM
I may be wrong, but didn't de Bohun say on the Daily Football Show the other week that he was committed to finalising it before he left the job?

He been committed to a lot of things in his time at FFA

He has delivered on SFA on most of them so why would this be any certainty??

MFKS
01-05-2016, 11:16 PM
The hell is positive about our shitful club getting new idiot in to **** it all up again?

Me and you can start a X Out thread on the Foz and rile the natives up for a start .

There is your silver lining we can just run with it from there

plague
01-05-2016, 11:38 PM
Me and you can start a X Out thread on the Foz and rile the natives up for a start .

This is an important and valid point.
Bring on the new useless ****s.

PraiseTheNord
05-05-2016, 04:40 PM
Word from my source is that Martin Lee has completed the purchase of the club for an undisclosed fee. The originally quoted price of $5 million was not final - as FFA wanted to recoup some of their costs lost on the club. It is believed that the fee is somewhere around the $7.3 million mark.

Club will also announce a new CEO who is none other than ex-gypo coach - and current mayor of gypoland - Lawrie McKinna.

McKinna is the one who helped broker the deal after Lee originally came to Australia with the intention of buying the scum - however he was put off by Mike Charlesworth's $15 million asking price for the club.

Oh and he also realised Gosford is a dump.

The Camel
05-05-2016, 04:56 PM
Word from my source is that Martin Lee has completed the purchase of the club for an undisclosed fee. The originally quoted price of $5 million was not final - as FFA wanted to recoup some of their costs lost on the club. It is believed that the fee is somewhere around the $7.3 million mark.

Club will also announce a new CEO who is none other than ex-gypo coach - and current mayor of gypoland - Lawrie McKinna.

McKinna is the one who helped broker the deal after Lee originally came to Australia with the intention of buying the scum - however he was put off by Mike Charlesworth's $15 million asking price for the club.

Hopefully follows the announcement by showing he is serious by signing Forniaroli and Castro as Marquees and Brings Jimmy Holland home

GazFish35
05-05-2016, 05:17 PM
McKinna.

this will be fun.

He's Coastie through and through

BUT
He's been burnt bad by them and the salt is flowing - there's no fury like Scotsman scorned.
He help Gorman build that club at the start of the "new football" and they were pretty bloody good at linking with the community etc
He played for the breakers.
They wont exist in three years time anyway.

MFKS
05-05-2016, 05:27 PM

Think it is time to start the McKinna Out thread now.

Beeen
05-05-2016, 05:42 PM
Rabid hun

plague
05-05-2016, 05:51 PM
Holy **** there's already gypo sympathisers out in force?

You suckers will fall for anything.

lquiquer
05-05-2016, 05:58 PM
Think it is time to start the McKinna Out thread now.

And BagpipesOut thread?

hawk
05-05-2016, 08:33 PM
Holy **** there's already gypo sympathisers out in force?

You suckers will fall for anything.

sympathisers will get head shaved and sign around neck to influence random beatings. just a thought.

foti68
05-05-2016, 09:07 PM

Sounds pretty right i was told 3 weeks ago that the deal was done and Martin Lee had until the end of the month (May) to come up with the cash

plague
05-05-2016, 09:25 PM
Yeah look big ups to Praisethenord it was fantastic work but now that foti has confirmed I'm good to make it official.

Foti have you heard whether that poor ass gypo McKinna is going to be running things?

plague
05-05-2016, 09:29 PM
sympathisers will get head shaved and sign around neck to influence random beatings. just a thought.

They are already giving off a smell of poor people.

Not long til blokes in Jets shirts are in line at Centrelink.

Sad.

q-money
05-05-2016, 09:37 PM
i hated this club before it was on trend

stopper2
05-05-2016, 09:49 PM
Expect the announcement within days. Lee has aspirations to not only compete in Asia but win it!

MFKS
05-05-2016, 10:13 PM
Expect the announcement within days. Lee has aspirations to not only compete in Asia but win it!

FAO Plague

Looks like we are competing in the Singapore Sixers again.

Fill up our trophy cabinet with our 3rd title ever

5 5 5

turbojetfireV8
05-05-2016, 11:17 PM
They are already giving off a smell of poor people.

Not long til blokes in Jets shirts are in line at Centrelink.

Sad.

You lot have very selective memories - didn't Jimmy Holland actually play for the gyppos? Yet you lot want him to come back, and not a Breakers stalwart like Laurie??? FO... :sparring:

plague
06-05-2016, 12:03 AM
You lot have very selective memories - didn't Jimmy Holland actually play for the gyppos? Yet you lot want him to come back, and not a Breakers stalwart like Laurie??? FO... :sparring:

Holland never played for the Gypos.

Careful my brother, shit like that will get you banned.

Premy
06-05-2016, 07:38 AM

You're kidding aren't you.

You're comparing a Legend who trialled with those peasant to A Bloke that is the Mayor of Shitford? That'll do me.

Wilso8948
06-05-2016, 10:44 AM
So where's everyone getting this news of a takeover? Is there any evidence to suggest this isn't just all bullshit?

Jeterpool
06-05-2016, 10:50 AM
So where's everyone getting this news of a takeover? Is there any evidence to suggest this isn't just all bullshit?

James Gardiner has been active on Twitter and on the Daily Football Show podcast. Have a look at outside90.com and you can stream his 1 minute snippet of the pod there.

hawk
06-05-2016, 11:07 AM

whoa, careful with the words here. You may go missing now we are under different ownership

Holland never played for the Gypos.
Careful my brother, shit like that will get you banned.

this is true. i like Bing

Couscous
06-05-2016, 11:45 AM
the Singapore Sixers

The day I got my Rubez tatt.

PraiseTheNord
06-05-2016, 02:07 PM

My boss is McKinna's best mate haha

plague
06-05-2016, 03:46 PM

I hate your boss.

MFKS
06-05-2016, 06:02 PM

Gypos have mates do they??

FMD

You learn something new everyday

leftrightout
09-05-2016, 01:34 PM
Any more updates since last week?
Im just waiting to get this all sorted!

Frodo
09-05-2016, 02:07 PM

Someone said, or i read somewhere, that if any takeover happens it won't happen until July 1st.

Tommyjet
09-05-2016, 02:24 PM

From what i have heard, its a done deal. Money sorted. Mr lee wants the official date to be start of financial year. Mckinna negotiating to be in ceo role earlier by june 1, has already met with coaches and some staff.

I trust my source but believe what you will.

stopper2
09-05-2016, 04:27 PM
^^^^
Gee, I hope that's not the case.
European comps wrap up in the next couple of weeks, you would assume a heap of players will be coming off contracts and getting released.
If we have to wait till July for Ledman Group to takeover to make any "significant signings", once again we are going to be left with the left-over "bargain deals" and finalising our squad in August, 2 months behind most of the other clubs in the A League.

Tommyjet
09-05-2016, 06:50 PM
^^^^
European comps wrap up in the next couple of weeks, you would assume a heap of players will be coming off contracts and getting released.
If we have to wait till July for Ledman Group to takeover to make any "significant signings", once again we are going to be left with the left-over "bargain deals" and finalising our squad in August, 2 months behind most of the other clubs in the A League..

Like i said mckinna had spoken to coaches and he wants to be in earlier to make sure we dont leave things too late. I dare say budgets have been spoken about and miller would probably know if he still has the job or not.

MFKS
09-05-2016, 10:16 PM
^^^^
If we have to wait till July for Ledman Group to takeover to make any "significant signings", once again we are going to be left with the left-over "bargain deals" and finalising our squad in August, 2 months behind most of the other clubs in the A League.

Any players signed from Euro Leagues there free agents as of 1 St July.

Anyone worth their salt is signing a pre contract anywhere 6 months in advance.
This ain't worrying us as this ain't our range.

As of 1st July there are 100s upon 100s of unemployed footballers in Europe
Many of them desperate for a new deal somewhere. It is a buyer's market.

Now is the time for us to sign blokes worth more than what we would normally be able to sign players for

Not forgetting many Euro clubs will not start signing players until July anyway after the Euros are over.

We ain't missing any boat here.

We are in the game and assuming the New overlord has the cash to splash there is no reason he can't prep Millertime with a budget so on July 1st he can cut loose with a pile of deals alrwady pre negotiated

WolfMan
10-05-2016, 06:27 AM
The Bosman ruling is dependent on the country the player currently plies their trade in, and their age.

Still be some good, young talent available come July 1st

MFKS
10-05-2016, 08:17 AM
The Bosman ruling is dependent on the country the player currently plies their trade in, and their age.

Still be some good, young talent available come July 1st

I wasn't talking so much about Bosman signings.

I talking about the scores of Euro based Footballers who be unemployed as of July 1st when their current contracts expire and are not resigned by current or rival clubs and are desperate for a start somewhere/anywhere or face the prospect of playing amatuer and having to get a real job

Amongst this lot you will find many quality players more than good enough for the HAL whom will more than likely take a wagw under what they may normally demand just to stay alive as pro footballers

leftrightout
10-05-2016, 08:40 AM
Amongst this lot you will find many quality players more than good enough for the HAL whom will more than likely take a wagw under what they may normally demand just to stay alive as pro footballers

I don't often agree, but he is right. Amongst those guys are where the A-league picked up players like Broich, Berisha, Castro, Finkler... There are plenty of great European players who are unwanted!

MFKS
10-05-2016, 08:24 PM
I don't often agree, but he is right!

Just for future reference that would mean you are wrong a lot.

But no one is keeping score

5 5 5

white city
25-05-2016, 10:55 AM
its nearing June, and its been awfully quiet on the new ownership front!?!

i think fans deserve to hear the progress of this, and even some news from the interested party about their plans?

thoughts people?

RAM
25-05-2016, 11:07 AM

i think fans deserve to hear the progress of this, and even some news from the interested party about their plans?

thoughts people?

We're all mushrooms.

MFKS
25-05-2016, 11:54 AM
We're all mushrooms.

Kept in the dark and fed shit??

Actually I am enjoying the last few weeks on anonymous action at the club.
Makes a change from the usual circus they are

Jetmaster
25-05-2016, 01:46 PM

thoughts people?

I have no problem...it's common knowledge Lee is holding off until the end of financial year. Miller is overseas scouting players.

There is nothing to announce.

Grishie
25-05-2016, 05:50 PM
My info is that the due diligence is complete and the contract has been approved by both sides.

Martin Lee is attending to some matters in China and the deal is likely to go ahead in early July, but I'd be surprised if there are no announcements regarding the deal before then.

Have also heard that Miller and Eland are in regular contact with the CEO in waiting, although that is not yet a done deal either.

Grimario
25-05-2016, 06:59 PM
My info is that the due diligence is complete and the contract has been approved by both sides.

Martin Lee is attending to some matters in China and the deal is likely to go ahead in early July, but I'd be surprised if there are no announcements regarding the deal before then.

Have also heard that Miller and Eland are in regular contact with the CEO in waiting, although that is not yet a done deal either.

Lots of info from you. We might need a lorry to store it all before the announcement.

foti68
25-05-2016, 10:28 PM

I have heard the same from my source

noremac
26-05-2016, 08:27 AM

My source is saying the same.

MFKS
26-05-2016, 08:41 AM
I hope You blokes all talking to the same bloke who is having fun pulling your leg

foti68
26-05-2016, 12:12 PM
I have heard the same from my source

I have a contact at FFA as well as one at the club who have both confirmed the information.

halo se7en
26-05-2016, 02:49 PM
My source is saying the exact same thing.

Pity my source is only this ****ing forum.

q-money
26-05-2016, 02:54 PM
hamma will know

26-05-2016, 03:33 PM
All these sauces and one would think we are in Gypo land.

Premy
26-05-2016, 05:28 PM
Just the Ranch thanks, but can I please get extra JalapeƱos.

stopper2
26-05-2016, 06:15 PM
Just the Ranch thanks, but can I please get extra JalapeƱos.

Nah this sauce is definitely Sweet and Sour!

hawk
26-05-2016, 11:59 PM
sweet baby ray sauce is always true.

Karaoke half time ent here we come

Bon
27-05-2016, 01:49 PM
sweet baby ray sauce is always true.

Isn't that right Roundball Enthusiast!! :thumbsup:

Roundball Enthusiast
27-05-2016, 05:55 PM
Isn't that right Roundball Enthusiast!! :thumbsup:

Holy shit, now everyone knows where all the leaks come from. ;)

Premy
30-05-2016, 09:38 PM
The Cynic in me can't help but think Ledman group will negotiate with the Barakies for Brisbane instead of us.

sammydog
30-05-2016, 10:50 PM
The Cynic in me can't help but think Ledman group will negotiate with the Barakies for Brisbane instead of us.

Id had the same thought, or would FFA direct them there for more $$$$.

Love a good conspiracy.

belchardo
31-05-2016, 09:14 AM
Id had the same thought, or would FFA direct them there for more $$$$.

Love a good conspiracy.

it's the Newcastle way.
http://garryburnsdiscriminationactivist.files.wordpress.c om/2011/02/johnstaxiwagonsmall.jpg?w=350&h=200&crop=1

PC14
31-05-2016, 11:41 AM
James Gardiner on twitter - Expecting big news on Jets ownership in next 24 hours. Sale close to finalised

q-money
31-05-2016, 11:47 AM
it's the Newcastle way.
http://garryburnsdiscriminationactivist.files.wordpress.c om/2011/02/johnstaxiwagonsmall.jpg?w=350&h=200&crop=1

:rof:

Jeterpool
31-05-2016, 11:51 AM
James Gardiner tweet saying he expects big ownership news in next 24 hours. Sale close to finalised.

Jeterpool
31-05-2016, 11:58 AM
James Gardiner on twitter - Expecting big news on Jets ownership in next 24 hours. Sale close to finalised

beat me to it

leftrightout
31-05-2016, 02:03 PM
beat me to it
Herald saying announcement could be made today, no doubt it will be another 6 weeks until we hear any more!

Jeterpool
31-05-2016, 02:17 PM
Herald saying announcement could be made today, no doubt it will be another 6 weeks until we hear any more!

6-8 weeks.

To be honest, I think the Brisbane Roar situation could be forcing their hand. I heard the Daily Football Show podcast say that the FFA couldn't own both clubs as it would contravene FIFA regulations, hence they need to offload us as security should Brisbane go pear-shaped.

hawk
31-05-2016, 02:21 PM
Hope its McKinna, the club needs another target for the offseason.

Jeterpool
31-05-2016, 02:38 PM
Hope its McKinna, the club needs another target for the offseason.

Ray Gatt is saying there won't be an ownership announcement today, however there is more than likely a football related announcement.

Most will suggest the worst kept secret in town is out....

GRIFF IS BACK BABY!!!

leftrightout
31-05-2016, 03:03 PM
Ray Gatt is saying there won't be an ownership announcement today, however there is more than likely a football related announcement.

Most will suggest the worst kept secret in town is out....

GRIFF IS BACK BABY!!!

Football announcement could mean Mckinna as "technical director" which would be pointing towards ownership being announced sometime soon.

skullboy
31-05-2016, 03:43 PM

Herald story has disappeared from the website. Either the announcement is really, really imminent or they just realised that they are full of it and it won't happen for 6 weeks.

plague
31-05-2016, 03:54 PM
6-8 weeks.

what is dead can never die.
well in sir.

Roundball Enthusiast
31-05-2016, 04:01 PM
Oh...

https://twitter.com/gomvfc/status/737508956927447040

Interesting....

q-money
31-05-2016, 04:08 PM
fair play to JP, i guess the ange/muscat/JP triumverate was always going to play out like this. hope mckinna isn't the new assistant, back to the bad old days etc

Jeterpool
31-05-2016, 04:08 PM
Oh...

Interesting....

:banghead:

idontwannaplaywithhowey
31-05-2016, 04:10 PM
Oh...

Interesting....

Very disappoint.

rhysd
31-05-2016, 04:12 PM
Seems strange to only come back for 1 season..

New owners want new coaches?

Bon
31-05-2016, 04:12 PM
Jets have posted an announcement on it..
Also, reading in to the Melb details, apparently he moved up this way cause his wife was sick, now that they don't need to be based in Sydney, they want to move back to Melbs whatever their life plans were..
Its disappointing but understandable, good luck to him and his mrs..

Jeterpool
31-05-2016, 04:24 PM
Damn we just missed out on Rodgers. Could you imagine the "Scotty/Brendan Bingo" drinking game we could have when their buzz words combined?

We'd have needed people with great character and mentality to compete.

Jetmaster
31-05-2016, 08:25 PM
David Eland said on NBN tonight the sale is still a "work in progress"...no deal yet, looks like no Timmeh either.

Somebody obviously jumped the gun when they heard Jets had an announcement today.

Grishie
31-05-2016, 08:45 PM
As I suggested earlier, sale unlikely to be finalised before the end of June, although things could change. I don't know (quite) everything.

My understanding is still LMcK to be CEO...you lucky, lucky bastards.

Good times ahead for Newcastle if the sale goes through with LMcK at the helm. Huge resources at his disposal (such as he never had at CCM).

Frodo
31-05-2016, 09:04 PM
As I suggested earlier, sale unlikely to be finalised before the end of June, although things could change. I don't know (quite) everything.

My understanding is still LMcK to be CEO...you lucky, lucky bastards.

Good times ahead for Newcastle if the sale goes through with LMcK at the helm. Huge resources at his disposal (such as he never had at CCM).

McKinna OUT!!!

Timmy OUT!!

I bet the announcement is our merger with the scum has been sorted and they are announcing another Sydney team with Timmy at the helm.

NEWCASTLE SAUCE BOTTLES 4EVA!

sammydog
31-05-2016, 10:02 PM
McKinna OUT!!!

Timmy OUT!!

I bet the announcement is our merger with the scum has been sorted and they are announcing another Sydney team with Timmy at the helm.

I'm jumping on this conspiracy bandwagon.

rhysd
31-05-2016, 10:41 PM
McKinna OUT!!!

Timmy OUT!!

Just thinking of the most insulting ways possible of alienating the entire committed membership base?

Grimario
01-06-2016, 12:20 AM
Just thinking of the most insulting ways possible of alienating the entire committed membership base?

Hutcho appointed as captain coach with Mrdja brought in as physio.

Frodo
01-06-2016, 08:05 AM
Our jerseys have jets and palm trees all over them.

Jetmaster
01-06-2016, 08:54 AM
Our jerseys have jets and palm trees all over them.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a8/Hunter_1997.jpg/150px-Hunter_1997.jpg

New strip leaked...

http://www.oldrugbyshirts.com/img/shirts/411/hunter-mariners-training-leisure-shirt-1997-s_763_1.jpg

Jeterpool
01-06-2016, 09:12 AM
If this happens, I'm giving up on football.

plague
01-06-2016, 09:42 AM

To be fair if they start all this stuff I'd prob buy season tickets I'd get much pleasure in having a front row seat to watch the world burn.

white city
01-06-2016, 10:08 AM
Jets have posted an announcement on it..
Also, reading in to the Melb details, apparently he moved up this way cause his wife was sick, now that they don't need to be based in Sydney, they want to move back to Melbs whatever their life plans were..
Its disappointing but understandable, good luck to him and his mrs..

its very disappointing. i understand its due to family and personal reasons, but all that BS he spun last year cause he has a plan to help this club get back on track. im pretty sure 1 year doesnt get us back on track.

never believe a word in football!!. he wants to go back to where he can win trophies

StannyCFCJET
01-06-2016, 10:21 AM
Damn we just missed out on Rodgers. Could you imagine the "Scotty/Brendan Bingo" drinking game we could have when their buzz words combined?

We'd have needed people with great character and mentality to compete.

Then we sign Joe Allen as a marquee HA

Grimario
01-06-2016, 11:42 AM
its very disappointing. i understand its due to family and personal reasons, but all that BS he spun last year cause he has a plan to help this club get back on track. im pretty sure 1 year doesnt get us back on track.

never believe a word in football!!. he wants to go back to where he can win trophies

And where he probably gets paid more. Football is a business, sooner people stop giving a shit about player and staff loyalty, the better.

hawk
01-06-2016, 12:33 PM
And where he probably gets paid more. Football is a business, sooner people stop giving a shit about player and staff loyalty, the better.

That's why its good to sneak through the fence hole (now has 3 due to popularity) each game and not give to the joke club

turbojetfireV8
02-06-2016, 10:50 PM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3944321/lawrie-mckinna-wants-role-at-jets/?cs=306
Slow news day...

turbojetfireV8
02-06-2016, 10:55 PM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3944321/lawrie-mckinna-wants-role-at-jets/?cs=306
Slow news day...

on second thoughts, don't you dare bring Jones back Laurie...

Couscous
03-06-2016, 12:39 AM
Slow news day...

I thought it was a great, detailed, candid interview.

hawk
03-06-2016, 12:41 AM
Excuse me Mr Lee, can you get your factory workers to work harder so we can buy better players, thanks

Also...

He said part of Lee’s business model could be to send Chinese players to Newcastle to give them experience then sell them back into the Chinese football market, we are nursery for his china team

skullboy
03-06-2016, 06:01 AM
I thought it was a great, detailed, candid interview.

I concur. Surprisingly intelligent. Isn't this guy a former gypsy?

Seriously though - he has given a surprisingly honest and enlightening summary of the motivation behind the proposed purchase.

I am sure he is being paid well to broker the deal though and there should be no obligation to have him as part of the team going forward.

The only question I do have is - if this guy is prepared to pay US$500,000 for a playground for his employees why would he not be prepared to shell out a lot more than that on 1 or 2 top quality players to achieve his ACL goals sooner rather than later?

Jeterpool
03-06-2016, 08:23 AM
we are nursery for his china team

I called this ages ago

Wilso8948
03-06-2016, 09:08 AM
That was legit one of the better Herald articles about the ownership. None of this reused garbage they sling everyday. Least it cleared the air on various points.

StannyCFCJET
03-06-2016, 09:46 AM
And it sounds like Lawrie likes the work Scotty Miller has done and wants him to stay and he been telling Mr Lee he same thing

RAM
03-06-2016, 10:34 AM
I called this ages ago

Hardly a big call, given this bloke's history :rof:

boz-monaut
03-06-2016, 10:36 AM
agree that the article actually read pretty well for The Herald writing about the Jets

I'm also thinking McKinna may actually be the bloke to turn these jerks from disorganised, useless losers into mid table mediocrity

rhysd
03-06-2016, 11:17 AM
Excuse me Mr Lee, can you get your factory workers to work harder so we can buy better players, thanks

Also...
we are nursery for his china team

Nothing like taking a quote out of context..

hawk
03-06-2016, 11:27 AM
Nothing like taking a quote out of context..

oops, we have contender. You're really into this arent ya einy

Frodo
03-06-2016, 11:39 AM
The biggest thing i took from the article was that at this stage links to McKinna as CEO are quite tedious. He is just pushing himself for a job since he wants to get back into football, which is fair enough. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a gig at the big table but not CEO as some have reported.

rhysd
03-06-2016, 12:00 PM
oops, we have contender. You're really into this arent ya einy

Quite amazing how, despite the length of the article/interview, that is the one thing you took out of it.

PraiseTheNord
03-06-2016, 01:00 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the ownership announcement will be on the 14th of June.

Just a wild guess.

Jetmaster
03-06-2016, 02:18 PM
Fact is - we got more honest info from Lawrie in one interview than from the FFA and CEO in the last 6 months.

Sign him up!

Jetmaster
03-06-2016, 02:19 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the ownership announcement will be on the 14th of June.

Just a wild guess.

We're dealing with the Chinese, the date will have to have an "8" in it.

StannyCFCJET
03-06-2016, 02:20 PM
Fact is - we got more honest info from Lawrie in one interview than from the FFA and CEO in the last 6 months.

Sign him up!

Cant argue with this at all

Frodo
03-06-2016, 04:09 PM

Sign him up!

I couldn't give a flying hoot about honesty. I want success. I want someone who can run the business properly and will setup the team with enough resources on and off the field to win trophies. I don't care what happens behind the scenes as long as they make money and we win trophies. The less it costs me financially comes close after those 2.

boz-monaut
03-06-2016, 04:39 PM
what's with all this sensible discussion on the forum?

where's the monster raving loonies going on about OMG!! GyP0000 ScUM!1!!!1!!

StannyCFCJET
03-06-2016, 04:41 PM

I think after years of years of failure and pathetic performances were happy to accept anyone who can help our club become the success it should be (even if that person is a gypo scum lord)

borat
03-06-2016, 04:50 PM
Slow news day...

He must have the job despite his denials. I cannot imagine anyone making public statements about what the new owner's motives are if they genuinely still were hoping to be employed by them

q-money
03-06-2016, 04:51 PM
he's still a ****ing gypo

borat
03-06-2016, 04:52 PM
I concur. Surprisingly intelligent. Isn't this guy a former gypsy?

Seriously though - he has given a surprisingly honest and enlightening summary of the motivation behind the proposed purchase.

I am sure he is being paid well to broker the deal though and there should be no obligation to have him as part of the team going forward.

The only question I do have is - if this guy is prepared to pay US$500,000 for a playground for his employees why would he not be prepared to shell out a lot more than that on 1 or 2 top quality players to achieve his ACL goals sooner rather than later?

Because if you want the FFA to pony up for marquee players the first thing you do is cry poor

Frodo
03-06-2016, 06:35 PM
He must have the job despite his denials. I cannot imagine anyone making public statements about what the new owner's motives are if they genuinely still were hoping to be employed by them

As i said, he hopes to be employed by them. Which means he hasn't been employed yet. Yay!

Grishie
03-06-2016, 07:42 PM
If Lee buys the Jets I think you can safely assume Lawrie will be CEO.

My info also is that he was paid nothing for helping to broker the deal...was just putting people together as he's always done, and one thing led to another.

hawk
03-06-2016, 08:20 PM
Quite amazing how, despite the length of the article/interview, that is the one thing you took out of it.

so you dont want Jets to invest in Aussie Youth? Stuff this Chinese future talent crap.

A couple of top Chinese players no probs. I want heavy investment by all teams in Aus youth so we can continue to kick China ass in Asia and hopefully win euros and African Nations Cup.... are you in?

I couldn't give a flying hoot about honesty. I want success. I want someone who can run the business properly and will setup the team with enough resources on and off the field to win trophies. I don't care what happens behind the scenes as long as they make money and we win trophies. The less it costs me financially comes close after those 2.

This. but any gypo must go through initiation. eg inflict gypo misery. RIP Kitto

rhysd
03-06-2016, 09:02 PM
so you dont want Jets to invest in Aussie Youth? Stuff this Chinese future talent crap.

A couple of top Chinese players no probs. I want heavy investment by all teams in Aus youth so we can continue to kick China ass in Asia and hopefully win euros and African Nations Cup.... are you in?

This. but any gypo must go through initiation. eg inflict gypo misery. RIP Kitto

Considering we have a cap of five (5) foreign players I hardly consider this to be an issue. The article did go a little further (which you still haven't addressed) is that the Chinese player would have to be of at least the same/better standard of the player he would be replacing.

We have 18 other spots in the squad to invest in Aussie youth. Not exactly sure what your point is??

hawk
03-06-2016, 09:40 PM
Considering we have a cap of five (5) foreign players I hardly consider this to be an issue. The article did go a little further (which you still haven't addressed) is that the Chinese player would have to be of at least the same/better standard of the player he would be replacing.

We have 18 other spots in the squad to invest in Aussie youth. Not exactly sure what your point is??

Kidding arent ya, those 5 foreign spots would be better served from other countries than China. Address the issues? your avin a larf, you believe way too much from the herald rag and a gypo.

So who assesses which player is better? that is a concept that can go cnt up in minutes. We have no assurances that Lee will lead us anywhere better than the other failures and there's are other investors available that may do a better job. joke city

Grimario
03-06-2016, 09:55 PM
Kidding arent ya, those 5 foreign spots would be better served from other countries than China. Address the issues? your avin a larf, you believe way too much from the herald rag and a gypo.

So who assesses which player is better? that is a concept that can go cnt up in minutes. We have no assurances that Lee will lead us anywhere better than the other failures and there's are other investors available that may do a better job. joke city

A one legged Chinese guy would be a better option than Pav so it's not like we have high standards to meet.

hawk
03-06-2016, 10:03 PM
A one legged Chinese guy would be a better option than Pav so it's not like we have high standards to meet.

Zeng Cheng possibly

boz-monaut
03-06-2016, 10:23 PM
you guys are missing the fact that there's a real possibility that at some stage in the future, there will be a Jets player who's name is 'Wang'

think about how incredible that will be

rhysd
03-06-2016, 10:30 PM

Now you are just trying to turn the 'discussion' around. Keep spruiking, you have yourself fooled. I was merely stating that you quoted out of context and now you have taken your story on a tangent.

There are no assurances in business.

I never said they will be filled with just Chinese players. Even if his intent is to bring Chinese players in, he would be looking to profit from it. The only way you make a profit is if they bring in a player of quality.
Whether they are all Chinese, Brazilian, Croatian as long as they play well in Newcastle colours no one minds.

As long as it is the coach who makes the final say on the player I think everyone is happy.

Considering the owners we have had, I think we can take our chances with an owner who has a known history in football involvement/development.

plague
03-06-2016, 10:34 PM
Nah Hawk is right.

Bloke drives a Lambo.

Good enough for me.

Besides, a nation of one billion people and you think it will be hard to find someone better than Boogaard?

Geez, just go to your local park and find someone that can stand in it for 90 mins.

Bingo, there's your guy.

plague
03-06-2016, 10:35 PM
Considering the owners we have had, I think we can take our chances with an owner who has a known history in football involvement/development.

Except we had that with Con but all you lot wanted him tarred and feathered.

Grishie
03-06-2016, 10:37 PM
Nah Hawk is right.

Bloke drives a Lambo.

Good enough for me.

Besides, a nation of one billion people and you think it will be hard to find someone better than Boogaard?

Geez, just go to your local park and find someone that can stand in it for 90 mins.

Bingo, there's your guy.

Bingo Lee?

hawk
03-06-2016, 10:48 PM
Now you are just trying to turn the 'discussion' around. Keep spruiking, you have yourself fooled. I was merely stating that you quoted out of context and now you have taken your story on a tangent.

There are no assurances in business.

I never said they will be filled with just Chinese players. Even if his intent is to bring Chinese players in, he would be looking to profit from it. The only way you make a profit is if they bring in a player of quality.
Whether they are all Chinese, Brazilian, Croatian as long as they play well in Newcastle colours no one minds.

As long as it is the coach who makes the final say on the player I think everyone is happy.

Not even. blew that silly article out of the water. bingo

Tommyjet
03-06-2016, 11:57 PM
you guys are missing the fact that there's a real possibility that at some stage in the future, there will be a Jets player who's name is 'Wang'

think about how incredible that will be
I remember years ago we had a chinese midfielder named wang dong here trialling with us

Frodo
04-06-2016, 11:00 AM
If Lee buys the Jets I think you can safely assume Lawrie will be CEO.

My info also is that he was paid nothing for helping to broker the deal...was just putting people together as he's always done, and one thing led to another.

Just a heads up Grishie/PV4 multi.

Every time you type "My Info"or ""My Sources" or my totally legitimate contacts within the illuminati"" you shoot your own post in the foot. Foti86 has gained respect with his insider info and just drops it off and walks away.

--now this next bit is not aimed at Grishi--

McKinna is not locked in as CEO, and nothing that he is doing at the moment makes it appear that he would be inline for the CEO job. McKinna has "director of football"written all over him. He would be the face of the club management and would be great at attracting sponsors, investors, hiring/firing technical positions in the backroom staff. But he would struggle at the top of the boardroom. I'm guessing that some people on this forum are from the coast... i don't like to think about it too much but there i've said it.

Gosford council was a shambles and has been for many years. The coast is struggling hard to get investments because, eerily similar to the Newcastle council, they bitch and moan about each other and very little makes it's way through the council. If they completely sack everyone on 2 councils and say that no one in charge for the next year is better than who they had maybe they weren't doing to well.. Just saying.

Grishie
04-06-2016, 12:13 PM
Just providing a community service with my info...

Considering the shambles that was Gosford council four years ago, Lawrie has done an unbelievable job turning it all around - taken the council from well in the red to strongly in the black and attracted close to two billion dollars worth of investment. The amalgamation happened because of state politics, not local politics.

As long as he had a sound CFO Lawrie would have no trouble leading from the top.

MFKS
04-06-2016, 02:49 PM

I been away for the last week.

Haven't checked into the foz until now.

Cha Cha

I be back in another 9 days.

Relax

In the meantime carry on

Fairgo
07-06-2016, 12:40 AM
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/tim-cahill-joincoach-buy-newcastle-jets-james-sneddon

Tim Cahill to join,coach and buy the Newcastle Jets.
Jun 5, 20161,246 views17 Likes3 Comments

David Gallop, Lowies and the FFA this is what you should do with the Jets. Tim Cahill this is what you should do next.

Tim Cahill Australia's most valuable footballing commodity, our best ever player, who carries the hopes of a nation is to be the new owner of the struggling Newcastle Jets.

Why? Because the Jets are on sale circa $5 million. On sale by the Football Federation Australia who would love nothing more than to get Tim Cahill in as the face of our growing A - League. David Gallop this is your carrot, give Tim the Jets. Tim can pay himself what ever salary he likes - Tim you will bring it in with ticket sales, sponsorship, exhibition matches etc. Just call me and I will help you make bank. Tim Cahill there would be huge tax advantages to owning the club.

Not to mention the benefit to your personal sponsors. Voila you've increased your pull.

"Loan" yourself to whatever club you want. Still craving exotic experiences, loan yourself out! There are dollars out there for you still as you are brilliant. Owning the Jets does not inhibit this in anyway - again huge tax advantages because of your business and loan arrangements. Talk to me about this, I'll put you onto some fantastic accountants.

Bring your mates aka Lucas Neill, Schwarzer into the fold.

The Newcastle "Redbull" Jets, Give the Jets Wings! Your Red bull mates will love that campaign. The Newcastle colours are aligned with the energy drink. The wings campaign would be fantastic - because Jets have wings, but the Newcastle Jets have had a few ordinary seasons. Tim Cahill joining the Jets and lifting them to finalists once more would be the perfect wings campaign.

The PR of this deal will put the Newcastle Redbull Jets at heights above their A-league titlist and finalist years.

Newcastle would be a great base for your soccer school, your network of clubs around the world would make you the ideal talent scout - raising some serious revenue in the transfer market as you better local talent.

You'll triple the value of the Jets in your first season.

Not to mention Newcastle is a fantastic place to live.

FFA you will have Australian's greatest talent back in the country, raising the profile of the game. Liberating yourself of the losses you are making on the Jets - Tim's Redbull Jets will be profitable. The Jets will become a force to be reckoned with.

This advice from the Fast Brain Trust is the official advice for FFA, Newcastle Jets and Tim Cahill. Here ready to keep adding value to all organisations. Get in touch for value for your organisation today. My ROI guarantee. No value = don't pay me.