PDA

View Full Version : 2018/19 Squad

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

halo se7en
09-05-2018, 08:29 PM
Might as well start a new thread. Updated as per Jeterpool's squad list...

1 Jack Duncan – signed until 18/19
3 Jason Hoffman – signed until 18/19
4 Nigel Boogaard – signed until 18/19
5 Ben Kantarovski – signed until 19/20
6 Steven Ugarkovic – signed until 18/19
7 Dimitri Petratos – signed until 18/19
8 Ronald Vargas – signed until 18/19 (Foreign)
9 Roy O'Donovan – signed until 18/19 (Foreign)
10 Wayne Brown – signed until 18/19 (Foreign)
12 Mario Shabow – signed until 18/19
13 Ivan Vujica – signed until 19/20
16 Nick Cowburn – signed until 18/19
17 Daniel Georgievski – signed until 18/19
18 John Koutroumbis – signed until 18/19
20 Glen Moss – signed until 18/19
22 Lachlan Jackson – signed until 18/19
23 Matthew Ridenton - signed until 19/20 (Foreign)
24 Joe Champness – signed until 19/20
28 Patrick Langlois – signed until 18/19* (scholarship contract)
29 Jake Adelson – signed until 18/19
32 Angus Thurgate – signed until 18/19* (scholarship contract)
44 Nikolai Topor-Stanley – signed until 18/19

20 squad spots used, 3 available.

StannyCFCJET
09-05-2018, 08:51 PM
Is Kosta Petratos gone?

turbojetfireV8
09-05-2018, 09:15 PM
Is Kosta Petratos gone?

thought he was listed as re-signed?

StannyCFCJET
09-05-2018, 10:16 PM
thought he was listed as re-signed?

Not on jets website

Jeterpool
10-05-2018, 09:27 AM
You'd expect they will announce it if it happens.

I will say it hasn't happened yet.

Jeterpool
10-05-2018, 11:33 AM
8 Ronald Vargas – yet to be re-signed
9 Roy O'Donovan – signed until 18/19
10 Wayne Brown – signed until 18/19
11 Patricio Rodriguez – yet to be re-signed
19 Kosta Petratos – yet to be re-signed
23 Matthew Ridenton - signed until 19/20
27 Riley McGree – loan ended
32 Angus Thurgate – signed until 18/19

Jeterpool
10-05-2018, 11:44 AM
We have A LOT of players coming off contract next year. Every player except 4. I expect some off-season re-signings (I hope).

q-money
10-05-2018, 12:12 PM
surely Big Ron is the most important signature to get on paper.

getting a full pre-season into both him and Pato (if they choose to keep him) would be sensational

plague
10-05-2018, 12:35 PM
We have A LOT of players coming off contract next year. Every player except 4. I expect some off-season re-signings (I hope).

Not sure if it's that big a concern or not.
Outside of 2 or 3 blokes on that roster. Everyone is pretty replaceable with equivalent talent around the league.

It also means that if a few players don't carry over their above average form from this year, we arent locked in to any bad deals.

Plus after the year we just had, we should be an attractive option for better players 'wanting' to come here because we'll have both cap space and roster spots

Middleby prob still cock it all up though.

Mark325
10-05-2018, 03:34 PM
8 Ronald Vargas – yet to be re-signed
11 Patricio Rodriguez – yet to be re-signed
19 Kosta Petratos – yet to be re-signed
27 Riley McGree – loan ended
32 Angus Thurgate – signed until 18/19

Not sure if it's that big a concern or not.
Outside of 2 or 3 blokes on that roster. Everyone is pretty replaceable with equivalent talent around the league.

It also means that if a few players don't carry over their above average form from this year, we arent locked in to any bad deals.

Plus after the year we just had, we should be an attractive option for better players 'wanting' to come here because we'll have both cap space and roster spots

Middleby prob still cock it all up though.

Yeah agree wit plague there, at face value you'd only keep
Duncan
Uga
Dimi
Roy
George
Johnny

Rest are quite replaceable with equal quality players or more then likely better players

StannyCFCJET
10-05-2018, 03:50 PM
Yeah agree wit plague there, at face value you'd only keep
Duncan
Uga
Dimi
Roy
George
Johnny

Rest are quite replaceable with equal quality players or more then likely better players

Gotta keep the Hoff

halo se7en
10-05-2018, 04:02 PM
Gotta keep the Hoff

I agree. Based on what he is likely being paid, and the assumption he might be happy to see out the rest of his career in Newy (I'm just guessing, I don't know the bloke), a player like Hoff is invaluable. He can cover a few positions, rarely gets injured, and over the course of a season chips in with plenty of solid performances. He's not someone you can rely on as a matchwinner, but that's what the marquees and Dimi's of the world are paid bigger $$ for.

Mark325
10-05-2018, 04:06 PM
Gotta keep the Hoff

I looked at Hoff's and saw 19/20 somehow, would definitey keep him for reasons given by halo se7en

10-05-2018, 04:13 PM
Hoff 17/18 season is a keeper. On the previous 8-9 seasons hardly.

Bon
10-05-2018, 04:15 PM
I agree. Based on what he is likely being paid, and the assumption he might be happy to see out the rest of his career in Newy (I'm just guessing, I don't know the bloke), a player like Hoff is invaluable. He can cover a few positions, rarely gets injured, and over the course of a season chips in with plenty of solid performances. He's not someone you can rely on as a matchwinner, but that's what the marquees and Dimi's of the world are paid bigger $$ for.

Absolutely..

Mark325
10-05-2018, 04:17 PM

Personally I've rated Hoff ever since he came back to newy during the Miller season

Jeterpool
10-05-2018, 04:29 PM
Personally I've rated Hoff ever since he came back to newy during the Miller season

+1

Bon
10-05-2018, 04:34 PM
Hoff deserves a medal for having to cop interviews from "Hammo" on ABC Radio every bloody Wednesday morning..
Bloke is an imposter of the highest order when it comes to any sports that don't have an egg shaped ball..

plague
10-05-2018, 04:55 PM

Yeah he is a perfect example.
If he keeps 'this' form up then you can extend him with more confidence.
If he reverts back to his average form (which is still pretty good imho) then it's no huge loss if he leaves, and would be easier to replace.

Would love to see Ugabooga, Champness and Johnny K shown a bit of faith and extended now (chuck a buyout in there so they don't feel trapped) surely we've seen enough of them to know they are at minimum above average A-league talent.

plague
10-05-2018, 04:56 PM
Soz just noticed Joey is already on for the extra year.

Middleby getting it done.

StannyCFCJET
10-05-2018, 05:01 PM

As have I. Even rated him a little pre heart

lil_masi
10-05-2018, 05:02 PM
Thurgate has signed on a scholarship contract, not a senior, therefore does not take a spot in the 23

MFKS
10-05-2018, 08:01 PM
So this Ridenton bloke

Cant say i have seen a lot of him but is he counted as a foreigner??

Or is he coming on some type of Kiwi allowance thing like Glenn Moss ??

Because if he counted as one of our foreigners that is a pretty big call to use a spot on him

When Bert can find blokes like Vargas and Pato and KFC Hernandez in the past etc it seem on face value a waste on what appears to be a plodder in this Kiwi kid

Hope to god we not just wasting foreigner spots on rank and file plodders like Brown Poljak Bridges etc like we have done in the past because that be not a good thing

StannyCFCJET
10-05-2018, 08:13 PM
So this Ridenton bloke

Cant say i have seen a lot of him but is he counted as a foreigner??

Or is he coming on some type of Kiwi allowance thing like Glenn Moss ??

Because if he counted as one of our foreigners that is a pretty big call to use a spot on him

When Bert can find blokes like Vargas and Pato and KFC Hernandez in the past etc it seem on face value a waste on what appears to be a plodder in this Kiwi kid

Hope to god we not just wasting foreigner spots on rank and file plodders like Brown Poljak Bridges etc like we have done in the past because that be not a good thing

Moss has a dual passport, Unless Ridenton has one then he is a visa player

MFKS
10-05-2018, 08:15 PM
Cant be relied on for much actually

Bloke cost us a Grand Final at the weekend

How you blokes can fap over a bloke who missed an open goal in a GF and then a simple tap in blows my mind

Bloke could have been up there alongside Griff as the man who scored the winning goal in a GF but choked

Jeterpool
10-05-2018, 08:16 PM
Thurgate has signed on a scholarship contract, not a senior, therefore does not take a spot in the 23

Thanks. Couldn't recall.

StannyCFCJET
11-05-2018, 06:34 PM
Vujica needs to find his early season form and keep it up all season. Wouldve been handy to have him firing for the GF

mic22
13-05-2018, 12:04 AM
Ok, pure fantasy at work here: let's say there is a chance we won't keep Vargas and Pato, and Dimi will be snatched by some european club after the world cup for a good transfer fee.
This would put the club in a position to spend something important for a marquee: we'll never be able to afford an Iniesta... who else could be in the picture in case?

Wilso8948
13-05-2018, 12:09 PM
Reckon Lee would look at someone like Honda? What's the Japanese held like in China? Would be good for ACL?

13-05-2018, 12:28 PM
Reckon Lee would look at someone like Honda? What's the Japanese held like in China? Would be good for ACL?

History will tell you all you need to know about the regard the Chinese have for the Japanese.

Frodo
13-05-2018, 04:41 PM
So sick of the Iniesta talk. He is too good to be playing in the HAL, I would be offended to see him playing at such a rubbish level.

Also, if we spent that much money bringing him here it would put the club back a few years financially. I know he would put bums on seats, but not enough to cover his wage. The game isn't big enough in Australia to justify the costs.
There is a ceiling to the impact a marquee can have on this league. Iniesta is way beyond that ceiling.

Also, instead of the FFA putting money into a marquee fund / war chest, maybe they should spend even a single dollar on advertising the league.

mic22
13-05-2018, 05:59 PM
maybe they should spend even a single dollar on advertising the league.
Advertising won't do much in terms of quality of the game.
Good players, on the other hand...

belchardo
13-05-2018, 06:26 PM
So sick of the Iniesta talk. He is too good to be playing in the HAL, I would be offended to see him playing at such a rubbish level.

Also, if we spent that much money bringing him here it would put the club back a few years financially. I know he would put bums on seats, but not enough to cover his wage. The game isn't big enough in Australia to justify the costs.
There is a ceiling to the impact a marquee can have on this league. Iniesta is way beyond that ceiling.

Also, instead of the FFA putting money into a marquee fund / war chest, maybe they should spend even a single dollar on advertising the league.

i don't think many people would even know who he is. every time his name was mentioned it would be followed by "and he used to play with messi and neymar"

Mark325
13-05-2018, 07:16 PM
i don't think many people would even know who he is. every time his name was mentioned it would be followed by "and he used to play with messi and neymar"

x1000 this

And in this league, the casual isn't impressed by a midfielder. Iniesta is an amazing footballer, but there's nothing flashy about him that will make him feel like that star the a-league wants. It's no suprise that the biggest marquees this league has seen have all been attacking third based players.

A player like Honda seems to suit the league more, wouldn't be as pricey, attacking based player and would definitely bring some extra eyes or attendance to the team he plays for.

halo se7en
13-05-2018, 08:37 PM
Advertising won't do much in terms of quality of the game.
Good players, on the other hand...

Then again, the NRL seems to thrive off over the top advertising and PR. They have a knack of making every match sound like it’s going to be the best match in the history of the sport, and no matter how boring games actually are, they have a way of making that go away and fans are already getting excited about the next huge game.

belchardo
13-05-2018, 08:51 PM
Then again, the NRL seems to thrive off over the top advertising and PR. They have a knack of making every match sound like it’s going to be the best match in the history of the sport, and no matter how boring games actually are, they have a way of making that go away and fans are already getting excited about the next huge game.

a very good point. some how they have kept state of origin as the pinnacle event in the world in league, despite it being more like the harlem globetrotters v the washington generals for the last 15 years!

Frodo
13-05-2018, 10:30 PM
If we don't start advertising the league to the wider public we are going to shrink back into a hole again. The numbers are getting worse even though the actual football is improving. (Albeit very slightly but still.) I don't think we need a big name to get long term interest in the sport. We need to convince casual football fans to back a team and start becoming members.

There's no point adding a second tier if we only have the same 100k football fans just migrating between teams or doubling up. We need to attract another 60-100k fans to the fanbase.

Iniesta / Honda will give the league a boost short term but we need to do something to get faith back into the league. Gallop going would be the first step.

StannyCFCJET
13-05-2018, 10:58 PM
If we don't start advertising the league to the wider public we are going to shrink back into a hole again. The numbers are getting worse even though the actual football is improving. (Albeit very slightly but still.) I don't think we need a big name to get long term interest in the sport. We need to convince casual football fans to back a team and start becoming members.

There's no point adding a second tier if we only have the same 100k football fans just migrating between teams or doubling up. We need to attract another 60-100k fans to the fanbase.

Iniesta / Honda will give the league a boost short term but we need to do something to get faith back into the league. Gallop going would be the first step.

Stamping out all the divers and having friendly kick off times will go along way to attract casuals for a start IMO. Casuals are not going to come to 5pm or 7pm Sunday games

MFKS
13-05-2018, 11:00 PM

**** the wider public??

Seriously why do they matter??

We had a game last weekend that the wider public came to

They killed the atmosphere and wont be back

That is exactly what you get when you chase the wider public

Why you want moire of that??

How about we cater towards the football fans in this country 1st 2nd and 3rd

If the Plastic New Dawners want to come on board in the meantime fine

But unite those in the game already first before trying to go entice some blow ins who dont care for the game

Football fans are broken enough already in this country.

Unite them first

Bremsstrahlung
14-05-2018, 09:55 AM
I think they are trying to make the wider public/casual/plastic a “football fan”.
Trying to entice euro snobs, NPL focussed people, families to come and be a member or attend more games.
It’s not a bad thing. Raising the profile of our league and club is the objective.

Yes, give due respect to those members that have been around since day dot.
Maybe in the form of a 1,2,3-10% membership discount or something for every year you’ve been a member. Some kind of loyalty discount. (Probably should be 50% after the last few years).

Idk, you can’t say having 20,000 to a Jets home game Vs Wellington Phoenix wouldn’t be awesome. If those blow ins are converted and buy into the game and support the team, the atmosphere would be on par with those foundation years.

Nobody is disagreeing that the “plastics”/blow ins contributed to a lack of atmosphere.
But what if 5,000 of them turn up first game next season, what if 2,000 of them become members? I dare say our membership numbers will improve next year. At what point does a blow in, become a football fan?

halo se7en
14-05-2018, 10:17 AM
**** the wider public??

Seriously why do they matter??

We had a game last weekend that the wider public came to

They killed the atmosphere and wont be back

That is exactly what you get when you chase the wider public

Why you want moire of that??

How about we cater towards the football fans in this country 1st 2nd and 3rd

If the Plastic New Dawners want to come on board in the meantime fine

But unite those in the game already first before trying to go entice some blow ins who dont care for the game

Football fans are broken enough already in this country.

Unite them first

Why should they bend over backwards for football fans? What specifics are you talking about? There's a ready-made product in front of their nose and if they don't want to embrace it, that's on them. I'm a football fan and I don't need extra incentives, freebies, discounts, etc to go and watch a sport I thoroughly enjoy.

It wasn't a shit atmosphere at the GF because we had more people. It was shit because those people likely hadn't been to a game before and they were too busy filming Victory fans rather than trying to join in and drown them out. Yeah it's frustrating, but **** it, at least they came. If ~1,000 of those people become members next year then great. Hopefully the hype helps them jump on board next season and buy a membership. If they come to a few games, see the Jets win a few and play some nice stuff on the pitch, hopefully that's enough to keep them coming back. That's how the game grows, and that's how the fanbase grows.

MonkeyKplunk
14-05-2018, 03:09 PM

Or growing our ****ing junior game/skills

14-05-2018, 06:00 PM
Or growing our ****ing junior game/skills

Nah they prefer to encourage the business model of ripping off starry eyed kids and my kids the best parents with inflated so called elite program costs. You asking the FFA to walk and chew gum simultaneously, Like that ever going too happen under its present stewardship.

q-money
14-05-2018, 06:19 PM
big ronny V is back baby, just hand us the trophy now

Mark325
14-05-2018, 06:23 PM
big ronny V is back baby, just hand us the trophy now

No mention of him being a marquee again this season, or when you re-sign a marquee is it just implied they’re marquee again

mic22
14-05-2018, 06:59 PM
That's great news.

Hutcho
14-05-2018, 07:50 PM
and as expected Pato gone.
Great player but no defensive presence at all. Puts a lot of pressure on the fullback playing behind him.

MFKS
14-05-2018, 08:15 PM
No mention of him being a marquee again this season, or when you re-sign a marquee is it just implied they’re marquee again

Pretty certain i read and article where the Gypo CEO stated Ronny was our marquee blah blah and it great to re sign him etc

So it would appear he is Marquee

MFKS
14-05-2018, 08:25 PM
Why should they bend over backwards for football fans? What specifics are you talking about? There's a ready-made product in front of their nose and if they don't want to embrace it, that's on them. I'm a football fan and I don't need extra incentives, freebies, discounts, etc to go and watch a sport I thoroughly enjoy.

It wasn't a shit atmosphere at the GF because we had more people. It was shit because those people likely hadn't been to a game before and they were too busy filming Victory fans rather than trying to join in and drown them out. Yeah it's frustrating, but **** it, at least they came. If ~1,000 of those people become members next year then great. Hopefully the hype helps them jump on board next season and buy a membership. If they come to a few games, see the Jets win a few and play some nice stuff on the pitch, hopefully that's enough to keep them coming back. That's how the game grows, and that's how the fanbase grows.

The FFA have gone out of their way to alienate a lot in the football community in the last 15 years.

They have run out of town anyone with their ethnic cleansing of the game

It high time the ****ers brought the ethnics back to the game and allowed them into the HAL

There is a lot of football people in this category who couldnt give two ****s about the HAL and it down to the FFA and their victimisation of these clubs and their fans for the last 15 years with their exclusion

That really where we should be focusing on

Burying the hatchet there for a start and getting Sth Melbourne in for a start would be a good move

As for your new found plastics you want to come to Jets games how about instead of having discounts etc how about we actually charge an appropriate figure for admission
$30/$40 for an adult to attend a game shows that cunce dont get it.

Me I love the game so will pay $30/$40 no problem
But how can you convince new plastics when you are charging those figures

halo se7en
14-05-2018, 08:39 PM
The FFA have gone out of their way to alienate a lot in the football community in the last 15 years.

They have run out of town anyone with their ethnic cleansing of the game

It high time the ****ers brought the ethnics back to the game and allowed them into the HAL

There is a lot of football people in this category who couldnt give two ****s about the HAL and it down to the FFA and their victimisation of these clubs and their fans for the last 15 years with their exclusion

That really where we should be focusing on

Burying the hatchet there for a start and getting Sth Melbourne in for a start would be a good move

As for your new found plastics you want to come to Jets games how about instead of having discounts etc how about we actually charge an appropriate figure for admission
$30/$40 for an adult to attend a game shows that cunce dont get it.

Me I love the game so will pay $30/$40 no problem
But how can you convince new plastics when you are charging those figures

Ethnic cleansing of the game? You mean those clubs that were super inclusive to anyone and everyone? Just like they can’t connect with the current a-league teams, I’m sure there’s a shitload of fans that couldn’t connect with any of them.

And if you let in Sth Melbourne, what does that mean for the Melbourne Knights fans? Nothing. Are you saying we let all the ex-NSL teams in?

So you want to cater to people who’ve had a cry because their own team didn’t get a license, yet you want to shit on the ‘plastics’ who are at least going out of their way to try something new?

Not one football person I know who doesn’t go to a-league games has stated the price as an issue. You can go for less than $25 pp, no different to NRL. Plus I thought the club/stadium dictated these prices anyway, not the FFA?

Mark325
14-05-2018, 08:41 PM
So we have two spots left

Goalkeeper, backline and midfield are sorted for numbers

We need a back-up striker and a starting winger in my eyes, Craig Goodwin would be a good signing but have no idea for the striker and am not sure who would be ideal.

rhysd
14-05-2018, 09:01 PM
So we have two spots left

Goalkeeper, backline and midfield are sorted for numbers

We need a back-up striker and a starting winger in my eyes, Craig Goodwin would be a good signing but have no idea for the striker and am not sure who would be ideal.

If Dimi gets any game time at the WC we are going to find it real difficult to keep him. So will be looking for a replacement on that front.

Not sure Goodwin provides the grunt that merrick would be in need of.. however he would provide value.. able to cover a couple of positions in the squad.

MFKS
14-05-2018, 09:21 PM
Ethnic cleansing of the game? You mean those clubs that were super inclusive to anyone and everyone? Just like they can’t connect with the current a-league teams, I’m sure there’s a shitload of fans that couldn’t connect with any of them.

And if you let in Sth Melbourne, what does that mean for the Melbourne Knights fans? Nothing. Are you saying we let all the ex-NSL teams in?

So you want to cater to people who’ve had a cry because their own team didn’t get a license, yet you want to shit on the ‘plastics’ who are at least going out of their way to try something new?

Not one football person I know who doesn’t go to a-league games has stated the price as an issue. You can go for less than $25 pp, no different to NRL. Plus I thought the club/stadium dictated these prices anyway, not the FFA?

Every single one of them should be allowed in.
If they cant keep up the pace then they will stay in the State Leagues

The FFA have failed to allow them a fair crack at applying at any stage. They asked for the criteria to put in a submission and the FFA had none to supply
It is the main reason why this code is ****ed at the moment as there is no way in or way out of the HAL

As for your comments about inclusive . Explain how anyone who wanted to be involved at these clubs was excluded??

The bigotry was from those who took offence to the ethnicity of their support. Plkenty of Anglos played for the ethnic clubs without a problem

At no stage in my life have i ever been made to feel unwelcome at an ethnic backed club in this country.

The other reason why these people dont connect with your Sydney FCs and your Melbourne Victory etc is a point that you seem to miss just as much as the FFA

It aint their club.

That is what supporting YOUR club is about. It not something you pick and choose. It a lifelong committment that never ends

Jeterpool
14-05-2018, 10:38 PM
Herald reporting Pato has been released. Not surprised but it was a fun summer fling

plague
14-05-2018, 10:47 PM
wait, so are we signing all these ethnics or something or are you pelicans arguing in the wrong thread?

plague
14-05-2018, 10:49 PM
also: shame about Pato, reakon he would have provided many highlights over the course of a full season.

14-05-2018, 11:17 PM
also: shame about Pato, reakon he would have provided many highlights over the course of a full season.

This . With a full pre season's prep to get him right he could have torn this league up. Maybe a financial thing is why.

q-money
14-05-2018, 11:25 PM
pato scored the most god damned beautiful goal i've ever seen against the gypos that game. nothing will ever touch that bad boy.

plague
15-05-2018, 07:15 AM
Maybe a financial thing is why.

oh for sure. and i absolutely cant fault the club for not wanting to hinge everything on both Pato and Vargas.
Vargas def looks to be more of what we 'need' and Pato was a luxury.
As q-man said, his finish against the gypos was lovely. Already a proper Newy boy.

lets just hope Middleby spends the Pato money wisely on things like fixing the VAR, proper beer, Jets shaped hats etc etc etc.

Jeterpool
15-05-2018, 09:19 AM
It was touched on earlier, but another element I hadn't considered initially is the introduction of the new teams the season after next.

We've got 16 players coming off contract next year - 80% of our currently signed squad. With 2, maybe 3, new teams to fill I think we will get dismantled. The talent pool will dilute.

For me that makes next season as the ideal one to peak and achieve. There's a lot at play next year. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

Wilso8948
15-05-2018, 09:21 AM
I feel Pato is a loss. I think it'll take someone decent to replace him with similar or better quality. Would loved to have seen him after a full preseason. Champness has been playing above his level so hopefully he can carry this into next season. Lost Nabbout. Roy hit and miss. Hoffman as a makeshift winger. Hopefully can keep Dimi. Still going to be an interesting offseason.

Jetmaster
15-05-2018, 09:33 AM
This time around it will be different - I have every confidence in our bosses now to manage major change proactively. They actually have a strategic plan and won't be sitting on their hands waiting for June 30th next year.

Griff still has many favours to call in.

plague
15-05-2018, 10:34 AM
Going to be a dicey move giving Pato up in the hope we keep Dimi.

Because I'd love to have seen Pato full time in Dimis role (if Dimi left).

Wilso8948
15-05-2018, 10:55 AM
Marquee Striker. Make a statement.

The Dunster
15-05-2018, 11:24 AM
Marquee Striker. Make a statement.

Has Roy O'Donovan left ? Because if we bring in a marquee striker we'd effectively have to either move him on or we'd be paying a lot of money for a bench player - and worse still could create a lot of disharmony in the sheds as well replacing someone who overall has done a great job for the club.

I'd be looking for a specialist left back with some pace.

Jetmaster
15-05-2018, 11:52 AM
Has Roy O'Donovan left ? Because if we bring in a marquee striker we'd effectively have to either move him on or we'd be paying a lot of money for a bench player - and worse still could create a lot of disharmony in the sheds as well replacing someone who overall has done a great job for the club.

Agree, no need to go mad. Another striker is necessary given Roy could lose a third of the season after his hearing and we need backup anyway, but not marquee.

We need Plan B for if anyone leaves, barring that we only need 2-3 more.

The Camel
15-05-2018, 12:20 PM
Agree, no need to go mad. Another striker is necessary given Roy could lose a third of the season after his hearing and we need backup anyway, but not marquee.

We need Plan B for if anyone leaves, barring that we only need 2-3 more.

I agree. We need to plan for what we have signed and hope that we do not sell anyone. 1 Left back, 1 Decent Striker as cover/competition and Hopefully get McGree back for another season however Ridenton may have been his replacement in the squad.

StannyCFCJET
15-05-2018, 12:41 PM
I agree. We need to plan for what we have signed and hope that we do not sell anyone. 1 Left back, 1 Decent Striker as cover/competition and Hopefully get McGree back for another season however Ridenton may have been his replacement in the squad.

Only two spots left unless someone leaves

tomo
15-05-2018, 01:11 PM

What about Vujica?

halo se7en
15-05-2018, 01:57 PM
What about Vujica?

He said pace.

Roundball Enthusiast
15-05-2018, 02:49 PM
He said pace.

This.

5 5 5

De-Champ
15-05-2018, 03:17 PM

Does Ridenton count as a foreigner..if so how many are allowed now...we would be at our quota with Roy, Brown, Vargas, Passfield, Ridenton, Pato

The Dunster
15-05-2018, 03:26 PM
Does Ridenton count as a foreigner..if so how many are allowed now...we would be at our quota with Roy, Brown, Vargas, Passfield, Ridenton, Pato

Pato was released.

Jeterpool
15-05-2018, 03:27 PM

A club can have 5 Visa players. We have 4 filled - Brown, O'Donovan, Vargas and Ridenton.

For the ACL, the rule is 3+1 - so you can have 4 Visa players but 1 of them must be from the courtry in the Asian football confederation.

De-Champ
15-05-2018, 04:21 PM
A club can have 5 Visa players. We have 4 filled - Brown, O'Donovan, Vargas and Ridenton.

For the ACL, the rule is 3+1 - so you can have 4 Visa players but 1 of them must be from the courtry in the Asian football confederation.

Does Passfield count as a foreigner?

15-05-2018, 04:25 PM
Lets hope we can move Brown on. Not even close to justifying the taking up of a visa spot.

Hutcho
15-05-2018, 04:30 PM
I'm still surprised with the move for Ridenton, unless they suspect Stevie UG to leave.

I thought Sarpreet Singh would have been a higher value target given he could cover Dimi/Pato

MFKS
15-05-2018, 04:51 PM
I'm still surprised with the move for Ridenton, unless they suspect Stevie UG to leave.

I thought Sarpreet Singh would have been a higher value target given he could cover Dimi/Pato

You watched this bloke at all ??

He the Kiwi version of Raheem

Headless chook with no end product

Hutcho
15-05-2018, 05:35 PM
You watched this bloke at all ??

He the Kiwi version of Raheem

Headless chook with no end product

11 games, 6 starts, 563 mins 4 goals.

Champness
27 games, 14 stats, 1294 mins 5 goals.

You have no problems keeping one kiwi bu wont look at another?

15-05-2018, 06:07 PM
Ridenton is a plodder . If he has anything special about him it is yet to be materialized.

There is a reason the Nix ended up where they did , Individually and collectively they were trash.

The Hacker
15-05-2018, 06:19 PM
Ridenton is a plodder . If he has anything special about him it is yet to be materialized.

There is a reason the Nix ended up where they did , Individually and collectively they were trash.

Why in gods name would you waste a visa spot on a kiwi. And one that wouldn't make the kiwi 11 at that

MFKS
15-05-2018, 06:37 PM
11 games, 6 starts, 563 mins 4 goals.

Champness
27 games, 14 stats, 1294 mins 5 goals.

You have no problems keeping one kiwi bu wont look at another?

Joey C is classed as a Skippy for administrative purposes so i have no idea what your point is

Plus when i was talking about Raheem i was talking about Raheem aka A Hole aka Going to Europe end up at Tuggerah aka Swipe Right on Tinder aka #Back2BackSpoons

That clown

15-05-2018, 06:48 PM
Why in gods name would you waste a visa spot on a kiwi. And one that wouldn't make the kiwi 11 at that

No idea eh. Like i said when it was first announced i watch every game every weekend and have seen nothing in him.

Jetmaster
15-05-2018, 10:48 PM
No idea eh. Like i said when it was first announced i watch every game every weekend and have seen nothing in him.

Ernie sees something so let him have his head. We were saying similar about him keeping Kanta 12 months ago.

StannyCFCJET
15-05-2018, 11:44 PM
Ernie sees something so let him have his head. We were saying similar about him keeping Kanta 12 months ago.

This 100%. In Ernie we trust

leftrightout
16-05-2018, 08:45 AM
This 100%. In Ernie we trust

100%... the bloke has given us no reason to doubt him!

Our success this year was largely down to Ernie getting the best out of what a lot would consider standard level a-league players.

Jeterpool
16-05-2018, 08:50 AM
Pato has officially been released from the club.

plague
16-05-2018, 09:44 AM
Pato has officially been released from the club.

Merrick OUT.

Jeterpool
16-05-2018, 10:06 AM
Interestingly, Pato provided a goal or assist every 133 minutes he was on the field. That's the 8th best in the Jets' history.

He provided an assist every 167 minutes and that'd the 3rd best rate in Jets' history.

Macca
16-05-2018, 10:12 AM
I reckon his "Crowd ooh's per 90 minutes" stat would be well up there too.

mic22
16-05-2018, 11:56 AM

We could have said the same for the entire Jets team 12 months ago...
In Ernie we trust!

Sorry to see Pato leaving... let's hope we can bring him back when Dimi is sold at the end of July :D

Tommyjet
16-05-2018, 02:52 PM
I reckon we need patos spot to find a foreign nabbout type player. Someone capable of player centre forward when caravan is out

16-05-2018, 03:03 PM
With Pato moving on and if and a big if Dimi and McGree were not to be around all of a sudden our doodles are swinging in the breeze for creativity.

MFKS
16-05-2018, 05:43 PM
With Pato moving on and if and a big if Dimi and McGree were not to be around all of a sudden our doodles are swinging in the breeze for creativity.

We did re sign Vargas you know??

Jetmaster
16-05-2018, 06:59 PM
We did re sign Vargas you know??

Wasn't it Ernie who said in an article a few weeks back that thinking ahead about things that "might" happen in the future does nothing but create anxiety?

MonkeyKplunk
17-05-2018, 07:59 AM
What's are updated squad list now, and how many spots do we actually have available?

Jeterpool
17-05-2018, 09:13 AM
8 Ronald Vargas – signed until 18/19

turbojetfireV8
17-05-2018, 09:21 AM
So it's 20 spots filled until such time as Kosta re-signs yes?

Wilso8948
17-05-2018, 09:36 AM
I'd still like an official confirmation as to whether Ridenton takes a Visa spot or not.

Jeterpool
17-05-2018, 09:39 AM

Yes. I missed him (oops). Fixed and bolded :rof:

All 3 need to go to the attacking 3rd.

Jeterpool
17-05-2018, 09:45 AM
I'd still like an official confirmation as to whether Ridenton takes a Visa spot or not.

Tweet Lawrie. He'll let you know.

MonkeyKplunk
17-05-2018, 10:29 AM
8 Ronald Vargas – signed until 18/19

So that's 20 spots taken with Vargas, Brown and Ridenton (TBC) taking up Visa spots?

So in theory we should be looking for an Asian Marquee in the front third so they can count as the extra Visa spot during ACL?

lil_masi
17-05-2018, 10:30 AM
So that's 20 spots taken with Vargas, Brown and Ridenton (TBC) taking up Visa spots?

So in theory we should be looking for an Asian Marquee in the front third so they can count as the extra Visa spot during ACL?

Roy takes a visa as well

MonkeyKplunk
17-05-2018, 10:34 AM
Roy takes a visa as well

Of course. Missed that.

MonkeyKplunk
17-05-2018, 10:36 AM
Also, Jeter, that list has 22 names so I'm assuming the scholorships don't count?

lil_masi
17-05-2018, 10:37 AM
Also, Jeter, that list has 22 names so I'm assuming the scholorships don't count?

No they dont count

Jeterpool
17-05-2018, 10:43 AM

No they dont count

lil_masi is right

halo se7en
17-05-2018, 11:29 AM
I'll keep updating the first post as we go for easy reference.

StannyCFCJET
17-05-2018, 11:30 AM

Is he resigning?

Jeterpool
17-05-2018, 11:51 AM
I'll keep updating the first post as we go for easy reference.

Brilliant, mate :)

Mark325
17-05-2018, 12:32 PM
I'd expect Kosta will re-sign so I'd moreso imagine we'll have two spots to work with.

I think the issue with signing a back-up striker for Roy that I've thought about, and not to say that these players in question are up to the quality needed, but what position are Thurgate and Kosta? Cause if they are strikers, it does technically seem pointless to have them around if they aren't the back-up players.

Does Roy take up a marquee spot or do we only have one marquee currently with Roy?

17-05-2018, 01:05 PM
I'd expect Kosta will re-sign so I'd moreso imagine we'll have two spots to work with.

I think the issue with signing a back-up striker for Roy that I've thought about, and not to say that these players in question are up to the quality needed, but what position are Thurgate and Kosta? Cause if they are strikers, it does technically seem pointless to have them around if they aren't the back-up players.

Does Roy take up a marquee spot or do we only have one marquee currently with Roy?

I was under the impression they allocated a marquee spot to Roy in order to exclude his remuneration from the cap.

MFKS
17-05-2018, 01:10 PM

Thurgate is a CM

Labi has him playing as a 10 for the Yoof team at tge moment

**** knows why as he aint getting involved enough

He is a 6/8 in reality

Wilso8948
17-05-2018, 01:16 PM
I was under the impression they allocated a marquee spot to Roy in order to exclude his remuneration from the cap.

Don't think Roy is a marquee. Fairly sure it was reported around the $300k mark under the cap.

Here's an ambitious play.. Ninkovic has just re-signed for another year on a marquee deal. Both him and Bobo take Sydney's spots. Mierzejewski is looking to double or triple his wages on $500k currently. Is reported to fall into line but would be a big statement if we went and got him.

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/ninkovic-commits-future-to-sydney-fc-in-boost-for-corica

Mark325
17-05-2018, 02:33 PM
Don't think Roy is a marquee. Fairly sure it was reported around the $300k mark under the cap.

Here's an ambitious play.. Ninkovic has just re-signed for another year on a marquee deal. Both him and Bobo take Sydney's spots. Mierzejewski is looking to double or triple his wages on $500k currently. Is reported to fall into line but would be a big statement if we went and got him.

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/ninkovic-commits-future-to-sydney-fc-in-boost-for-corica

If that's what he's chasing, and a club is willing to offer it to him I'd imagine he'll take it as opposed to falling in line. he's definitely quality, scores goals and would be a massive signing to stick it to sydney as well

tomo
18-05-2018, 06:43 PM
Roy got a 10 match ban!

Hutcho
18-05-2018, 08:26 PM
Scott MacDonald was just released as well. He's 34 and past his best but I think he would have suited our style of play last season. Might be worth a look for the right $$$

cobra23
19-05-2018, 01:27 AM
Scott MacDonald was just released as well. He's 34 and past his best but I think he would have suited our style of play last season. Might be worth a look for the right $$$

Yeah another player we have to piggy back across the park,
Not good enough imo.
We need a fast , fit striker, a nabbout type of player

Frodo
21-05-2018, 03:02 PM

I'm not against signing him if he was on minimal coin. He is smart enough to find space with our other guys running around, but he'd need to be fit enough to keep with us in transition. Would actually be a similar striker to Roy if my memory of him is correct. (It's been a while since i've watched Scott play)

I just don't think there's many Aussie strikers available to sign with any talent/ability, and we really can't afford to use our last visa spot on another striker unless he is Asian.

I would love if we signed Maclaren on loan for a year from Darmstadt. Never gonna happen tho.

21-05-2018, 03:59 PM
Just don't ever put him in green and gold , tends to go missing in action. Couldn't score in a knock shop with a fistful of dollars in a national jersey

21-05-2018, 04:01 PM
I'm not against signing him if he was on minimal coin. He is smart enough to find space with our other guys running around, but he'd need to be fit enough to keep with us in transition. Would actually be a similar striker to Roy if my memory of him is correct. (It's been a while since i've watched Scott play)

I just don't think there's many Aussie strikers available to sign with any talent/ability, and we really can't afford to use our last visa spot on another striker unless he is Asian.

I would love if we signed Maclaren on loan for a year from Darmstadt. Never gonna happen tho.

Reading some of McClaren's quotes and he def don't want to go back to Germany eh. Made that very clear anywhere but back there.

StannyCFCJET
21-05-2018, 04:41 PM

Jamie Mac needs to stay in europe

Jeterpool
22-05-2018, 12:10 PM
Here's a shout.

So Marcos Rojas is back in Melbourne - I saw an Instagram story from Georgievski where he was at a night club with him and Lawrence Thomas. For as unreliable as it is, twitter had a rumour he's in talks with a Melbourne club for a 3rd stint.

If he's looking to come back, I really hope we are in the conversation. He'd be terrific in our system.

StannyCFCJET
22-05-2018, 12:22 PM
Here's a shout.

So Marcos Rojas is back in Melbourne - I saw an Instagram story from Georgievski where he was at a night club with him and Lawrence Thomas. For as unreliable as it is, twitter had a rumour he's in talks with a Melbourne club for a 3rd stint.

If he's looking to come back, I really hope we are in the conversation. He'd be terrific in our system.

Oh yas he'd be fantastic on the right flank

The Hacker
22-05-2018, 05:14 PM
Here's a shout.

This would be good

turbojetfireV8
22-05-2018, 10:06 PM
is he a visa spot?

Jeterpool
22-05-2018, 10:25 PM
is he a visa spot?

Yeah he would be

Roundball Enthusiast
23-05-2018, 01:34 PM
Here's a shout.

Or he's just having a nice holiday in the off season.

Jeterpool
23-05-2018, 02:44 PM
Or he's just having a nice holiday in the off season.

Possible, and more than likely probable. Even if he's not, I don't expect we would sign him - but it's nice to dream.

A bit of research suggests he still has a season to run on his contract but didn't get much of a run this season with SC Heerenveen.

StannyCFCJET
24-05-2018, 06:14 PM
Wheres the end of season squad overhaul. What even is this

Wilso8948
24-05-2018, 07:35 PM
Stephan Mauk apparently signed with Brisbane. Shame if we didn't at least enquire about him.

Jimmy Jeggo leaving his Austrian club. He'd be a very handy midfield signing.

plague
24-05-2018, 07:42 PM
Wheres the end of season squad overhaul. What even is this

It's called 'stability' and it sucks and is boring.

More chaos please Middleby.

The Camel
28-05-2018, 09:21 PM
Kerem Bulut just became a free agent. Id have him at the jets. Especially with Roys ban

tomo
28-05-2018, 10:48 PM
Kerem Bulut just became a free agent. Id have him at the jets. Especially with Roys ban

Isnt there a “no d!ckhead” policy at the jets now?

Grimario
28-05-2018, 10:54 PM
Isnt there a “no d!ckhead” policy at the jets now?

It's a risk we should take. You might say it's time to bite the Bulut.

StannyCFCJET
29-05-2018, 12:06 AM

No thanks he's rubbish

29-05-2018, 01:47 AM

Bloke is not worth two bob

turbojetfireV8
29-05-2018, 07:04 AM
He's a Wankerer, let him go back there, him and Risdon can compare who's got the shittest tats...

belchardo
29-05-2018, 09:33 AM
twat of the highest order. no thanks.

la bazzle
29-05-2018, 10:39 AM

Would love him here

leftrightout
29-05-2018, 12:01 PM
No thanks he's rubbish

There really doesn't need to be any more discussion because Stanny so simply summed it up!

turbojetfireV8
04-06-2018, 10:21 PM
HAL site says Kosta is confirmed, has this been reported anywhere or is it speculation?
https://www.a-league.com.au/news/aleague-transfer-news-ins-outs-signings-done-deals-1

Grimario
04-06-2018, 10:24 PM
HAL site says Kosta is confirmed, has this been reported anywhere or is it speculation?
https://www.a-league.com.au/news/aleague-transfer-news-ins-outs-signings-done-deals-1

Someone asked Lawrie on twitter, he said he had been re-signed.

Jeterpool
05-06-2018, 10:47 AM

It's covered in the chat with Lawrie we have that I am waiting the all-clear to release

Hunter403
05-06-2018, 09:18 PM
It's covered in the chat with Lawrie we have that I am waiting the all-clear to release

Any idea when it will be out? Missing the pods!

Jeterpool
05-06-2018, 10:41 PM
Any idea when it will be out? Missing the pods!

It looks like Thursday midday

Couscous
06-06-2018, 06:21 PM
Carney has left Sydney (https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/club-stalwart-carney-departs-sydney-fc). We could do worse than make an offer. Great squad player; capable in a few positions.

StannyCFCJET
06-06-2018, 06:32 PM
Carney has left Sydney (https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/club-stalwart-carney-departs-sydney-fc). We could do worse than make an offer. Great squad player; capable in a few positions.

This is a gee up right?

Jetmaster
06-06-2018, 07:26 PM

Ban pls....Membah has been hung for less.

MFKS
06-06-2018, 07:45 PM
2.5 years at the 1 club??

For devon head that not bad.

Hopefully ends up in Europe where he belongs

Charlie Chan
07-06-2018, 09:52 AM

Don't forget we have a NO DICKHEAD POLICY

Mark325
07-06-2018, 11:10 AM
I don't even wanna see him in some NPL squad, he just needs to **** off somewhere far from here and take his shitty attitude with him

Hutcho
07-06-2018, 12:24 PM
I don't even wanna see him in some NPL squad, he just needs to **** off somewhere far from here and take his shitty attitude with him
I'd happily watch him in blue and yellow

MFKS
07-06-2018, 01:00 PM
I'd happily watch him in blue and yellow

Me too

Him and Raheem back twogether again

Plus they got Gypo Simon

Going to be great hating the Coast players again

StannyCFCJET
07-06-2018, 01:04 PM
https://www.newcastlejets.com.au/news/player-departure-mario-shabow

Shabow Gone

Jeterpool
07-06-2018, 01:20 PM

Shabow Gone

He won't be moving far. Gone to the Mariners

MonkeyKplunk
07-06-2018, 01:46 PM
He won't be moving far. Gone to the Mariners

*Europe

Jeterpool
07-06-2018, 01:52 PM
*Europe

:rof: touche

Mark325
07-06-2018, 03:05 PM

Shabow Gone

good young player but definitely not a big loss for us

mic22
07-06-2018, 03:24 PM
Carney: I would sign him just to sack him on the eve of round 1 :D

MFKS
07-06-2018, 04:45 PM
Now this is exactly what a competent club does.

Gets our shit **** nobodies at the club who are surplus to requirements and moves them on

Same shit I been harping on about for yearz

Blokes like Clut Alessi Shabow etc
If the club feels they have no future at the club. Lets just cut our losses and run

**** keeping them here until they are out of contract

Well done
Forza Griffo

plague
07-06-2018, 05:03 PM
Obviously he was good enough to secure a move to Europe but anyone ever see him play extended minutes in youth or anything?

Was he any good?

Alton
05-07-2018, 01:36 PM
Go and get Ben Halloran now Ernie plllllleeeeeeeeeaaaase

idontwannaplaywithhowey
05-07-2018, 03:09 PM

Very good call.
More pace in wide areas thanks.

lil_masi
05-07-2018, 03:31 PM

Pretty much a like for like for Nabz. Will then just have to improve his goal scoring.

Mark325
05-07-2018, 08:38 PM
Only thing going against Halloran for me is he'd wanna be a starting player, but we have a foreign spot and i know that Ernie is fully capable of finding foreign players better then Ben Halloran is

MFKS
05-07-2018, 09:51 PM
Only thing going against Halloran for me is he'd wanna be a starting player, but we have a foreign spot and i know that Ernie is fully capable of finding foreign players better then Ben Halloran is

He is exactly what you want

An Aussie who is goid enough to be above par in this league

If you can get him at the right price then he be a diamond signing like Dimi

Foreigners make difference but you have to have good quality Skips in the side

That is imperative

Hutcho
06-07-2018, 01:17 AM
He is exactly what you want

An Aussie who is goid enough to be above par in this league

If you can get him at the right price then he be a diamond signing like Dimi

Foreigners make difference but you have to have good quality Skips in the side

That is imperative

Halloran and Mclaren if we are serious about the ACL

Roundball Enthusiast
06-07-2018, 10:05 PM
http://video.sina.com.cn/l/p/1723577.html

PRe-Season game live streamed here...

1-0 to us, just after half time.

Virgilli looks just as useless as always

The Dunster
06-07-2018, 11:32 PM
Obviously he was good enough to secure a move to Europe but anyone ever see him play extended minutes in youth or anything?

Was he any good?

Minnecon was the best of their youth players by a country mile. Next best was James Brown, and Halloran was probably the next tier down [this is the pre-injury Brown - not the bloke we signed].

Minnecon not going on with it I still can't understand. He was very talented.

Jetmaster
07-07-2018, 03:49 PM
Minnecon was the best of their youth players by a country mile. Next best was James Brown, and Halloran was probably the next tier down [this is the pre-injury Brown - not the bloke we signed].

Minnecon not going on with it I still can't understand. He was very talented.

We did sign the good Brown and he looked good at the start. Injured at Weston of all places and that was that.

Couscous
07-07-2018, 04:35 PM
1-0 to us, just after half time.

Virgilli looks just as useless as always

Did anyone watch more? How did we play, and did Virgili blossom into the next Nabbout?

MFKS
07-07-2018, 05:46 PM
Did anyone watch more? How did we play, and did Virgili blossom into the next Nabbout?

Virgili blossom??

I watched him last week end in the NPL

He looked out of his depth there

Roundball Enthusiast
08-07-2018, 07:23 PM

Virgili was quite useless, we looked a shambles, they were just worse.

Having said that, we made a lot of changes and finished with only one player over 23, in Glen Moss. Good to see in pre-season

StannyCFCJET
08-07-2018, 07:51 PM
Virgili was quite useless, we looked a shambles, they were just worse.

Having said that, we made a lot of changes and finished with only one player over 23, in Glen Moss. Good to see in pre-season

We didnt look that crash hot start of pre season last year as well. At least we know what Merrick can do with this squad

Hutcho
09-07-2018, 12:26 AM
We looked ok first game, very ordinary tonight though.

Bremsstrahlung
09-07-2018, 06:24 AM
How’s opposition quality?
Good hit out? Or meh.
Adrian douchebag missed a pen for his new club? Must be an okay club...

MonkeyKplunk
09-07-2018, 08:28 AM
Opposition wasn't that quality. Seem to be from the diving for any small touch school.
From what I watched the refereeing was atrocious. Anyone who ever thinks our standards are bad watch a few games of this league and you'll feel better about the world.

Roundball Enthusiast
09-07-2018, 10:24 AM
How’s opposition quality?
Good hit out? Or meh.
Adrian douchebag missed a pen for his new club? Must be an okay club...

NPL would give them a good run for their money. It wasn't great at all.

2 game tournament as well?

Luckily its free for us through LEDMAN...

Get some KM's under the legs & its VERY early pre-season, so why not..

Jeterpool
09-07-2018, 10:52 AM
NPL would give them a good run for their money. It wasn't great at all.

2 game tournament as well?

Luckily its free for us through LEDMAN...

Get some KM's under the legs & its VERY early pre-season, so why not..

And $120K

Roundball Enthusiast
09-07-2018, 11:22 AM
And $120K

Really? Jesus, just move the club to China and clean them out using our 2nd/3rd string squad...

Jeterpool
09-07-2018, 11:24 AM
Really? Jesus, just move the club to China and clean them out using our 2nd/3rd string squad...

Yeah, $120K. There was a picture of Ivan Vujica holding a big cheque on the podium with his team mates. The cheque had 600000 Yuan on it.

Hunter403
09-07-2018, 01:56 PM
Yeah, $120K. There was a picture of Ivan Vujica holding a big cheque on the podium with his team mates. The cheque had 600000 Yuan on it.

Should be just enough to cover Roy's fines and Kanta's knee rubs. Alternative use: statue of Lord Griff

Jeterpool
09-07-2018, 01:57 PM
Should be just enough to cover statue a of Lord Griff. Alternative use: Roy's fines and Kanta's knee rubs

Fixed for you.

Charlie Chan
09-07-2018, 02:11 PM
And $120K

Not quite enough to cover Torres :brrr:

MFKS
09-07-2018, 04:27 PM
Should be just enough to cover Roy's fines and Kanta's knee rubs. Alternative use: statue of Lord Griff

Bull shit

McKinna has no ****ing excuse not to fast track the Jet Shaped Hats now

No excuses

120k is buying us a lot of hat

09-07-2018, 06:44 PM
Not quite enough to cover Torres :brrr:

Plenty left over from that figure if paying him for shots on target.

Alton
10-07-2018, 02:00 PM
I am worried we haven't got any cover for Roy

belchardo
10-07-2018, 05:57 PM
where is the appeal up to for roy?

Hutcho
10-07-2018, 06:04 PM
where is the appeal up to for roy?

its on tonight i believe

halo se7en
10-07-2018, 11:15 PM
10 game ban stands.

scarfy96
11-07-2018, 09:28 AM
I am worried we haven't got any cover for Roy

With 10 game ban standing and AT BEST 6 of them in the A-League IF we make it through the first few rounds of the FFA cup then it would seem that we need a genuine alternative to Roy. It is a lot to ask one of the young ones taken to China to be first choice striker and still there would be no backup. Surely must be top of the shopping list is a solid "2nd choice" striker. Possibly someone towards the end of their career, looking for one more season? Would give the youth another year to develop and give cover for the season.

belchardo
11-07-2018, 09:44 AM
With 10 game ban standing and AT BEST 6 of them in the A-League IF we make it through the first few rounds of the FFA cup then it would seem that we need a genuine alternative to Roy. It is a lot to ask one of the young ones taken to China to be first choice striker and still there would be no backup. Surely must be top of the shopping list is a solid "2nd choice" striker. Possibly someone towards the end of their career, looking for one more season? Would give the youth another year to develop and give cover for the season.

peter crouch?

Roundball Enthusiast
11-07-2018, 09:52 AM

Just get that 10 game loan like City have done before. Someone decent to cover until Roy is back.

Jeterpool
11-07-2018, 09:58 AM

In the Jetstream interview with Lawrie, he said as a result of Roy's ban the club were looking for a striker who can play on the wing as opposed to a primary winger who can also pay striker.

plague
11-07-2018, 10:56 AM
In the Jetstream interview with Lawrie, he said as a result of Roy's ban the club were looking for a striker who can play on the wing as opposed to a primary winger who can also pay striker.

Like Pato?

Alton
11-07-2018, 01:52 PM
Like Pato?

Robbie Kruse??

11-07-2018, 02:09 PM
Robbie Kruse??

So we can watch the bloke hold his head in his hands for 90mins with all the shots that just about take the heads off those sitting either side of the goals on the hill.

Nah i prefer the Pato option but he not make a thousand tackles a game so no good apparently.

Tommyjet
11-07-2018, 04:13 PM
So we can watch the bloke hold his head in his hands for 90mins with all the shots that just about take the heads off those sitting either side of the goals on the hill.

Nah i prefer the Pato option but he not make a thousand tackles a game so no good apparently.
Pato not a striker and not the type of player we need

scarfy96
11-07-2018, 06:01 PM

Yeah I agree with you there. I think Pato is a great player but physically not really suited to the A-league IMO, certainly not the style of football the Jets have been playing.

Tommyjet
11-07-2018, 06:19 PM
Yeah I agree with you there. I think Pato is a great player but physically not really suited to the A-league IMO, certainly not the style of football the Jets have been playing.

We need pace and power to replace nabbout

plague
11-07-2018, 06:22 PM

So what 'type' of player you realistically talking about?

Because my point about 'like Pato' meant a quality finisher who can do another role when Roy gets back, or have him on a guest stint (if that's even possible).

Y'all expecting Roy 2.0 to come walking through that door to bang a few away then take a seat when the mad Irishman comes back. Who's gonna do that?

11-07-2018, 07:24 PM
So what 'type' of player you realistically talking about?

Because my point about 'like Pato' meant a quality finisher who can do another role when Roy gets back, or have him on a guest stint (if that's even possible).

Y'all expecting Roy 2.0 to come walking through that door to bang a few away then take a seat when the mad Irishman comes back. Who's gonna do that?

Well said Sir. Any striker who values himself is not going to come here as some plan B

Tommyjet
11-07-2018, 07:29 PM
As I said. More a pace and power type like nabbout. Making intelligent runs and getting in behind the defence. Pato is too similar to Vargas and dimi.

The Camel
11-07-2018, 07:53 PM
As I said. More a pace and power type like nabbout. Making intelligent runs and getting in behind the defence. Pato is too similar to Vargas and dimi.

OHallaran?

Bremsstrahlung
11-07-2018, 08:01 PM
Can we just get a number one striker? Or somebody that wants to be number one?
Competition for places and all that. Pretty much assured half a season as number one. The rest will be dependent on performance.
Not a bad incentive.

plague
11-07-2018, 08:09 PM

yeah im for that as well, but i dunno about you, but the club looks like it signed Virgilli in the hope he becomes the new Nabbout.

so that bar has been set preeeeeeeeeeeety low.

plague
11-07-2018, 08:10 PM
Can we just get a number one striker? Or somebody that wants to be number one?
Competition for places and all that. Pretty much assured half a season as number one. The rest will be dependent on performance.
Not a bad incentive.

we made that mistake with goalies a few years back.

we've got our #1 striker.
we've gotta navigate a LOT of games without him.
Club gotta navigate a salary cap.

edit: does anyone KNOW the guest player rules? is it even a thing anymore or do we have to wait til Sydney needs one?

MFKS
11-07-2018, 08:20 PM
we made that mistake with goalies a few years back.

we've got our #1 striker.
we've gotta navigate a LOT of games without him.
Club gotta navigate a salary cap.

edit: does anyone KNOW the guest player rules? is it even a thing anymore or do we have to wait til Sydney needs one?

Here is your problem with Guest Player

Come October our options are going to be limited to blokes who are not playing, returning from injury or some bloke a Euro Club want to get rid of

Sort of like McCormack at Heart last year

Villa just wanted rid of him

Problem is with this is if they have intention of selling him etc there is some rule about not playing fgor 3 teams in as yrar or some shit

So a Guest stint isnt exactly an appealing thing for most clubs

plague
11-07-2018, 08:36 PM
cheers.

ok, so what about one of these Ledman patsys from China or Portugal?

cant we get a loan deal for a minute?

Mark325
12-07-2018, 03:10 AM
It's a good idea in theory but we really lucked out with Nabbout being as good up front as he was for us, most times we won't be getting that lucky.

Picking a young player now makes way more sense to me, if we got Kosta on the books and he's a striker then lets give him a run through pre-season and let him prove he belongs with the club beyond being Dimi's brother. Then go out and sign a winger to replace Nabbout on the left and then when Roy returns he takes up the starting spot again, instead of trying to convince a striker to rock up and play in his natural position for a third of the season and then take a back seat for the last 2 thirds of it

mic22
12-07-2018, 11:00 AM
Here is your problem with Guest Player

Come October our options are going to be limited to blokes who are not playing, returning from injury or some bloke a Euro Club want to get rid of

Sort of like McCormack at Heart last year

Villa just wanted rid of him

Problem is with this is if they have intention of selling him etc there is some rule about not playing fgor 3 teams in as yrar or some shit

So a Guest stint isnt exactly an appealing thing for most clubs

I was exactly thinking of McCormack - I think he would be just ok for what the Jets need. A short stint or even a full season deal.
Plus, he can score from direct free kicks, an area where we didn't score a single goal last season.

Hutcho
12-07-2018, 12:43 PM
A Roy Krishna type player would be ideal, scores a few and can play up front or wide

MFKS
13-07-2018, 06:55 PM
You guys realise Bitch Nichols is a Free Agent??

Could well solve our issue with Roy being absent and then slot into another role when he is back

plague
13-07-2018, 08:17 PM

2 years ago we would have signed that bloke on a 3 year deal.
anyone know what Middleby is up to these days?

Jeterpool
13-07-2018, 09:27 PM

Could well solve our issue with Roy being absent and then slot into another role when he is back

Apparently he's off to Wellington

Hutcho
14-07-2018, 10:24 PM
Apparently he's off to Wellington
Watch Jowic stand up for the first 6 games and keep Roy out of the team

StannyCFCJET
22-07-2018, 10:05 PM
Anyone heard how Virgili went???

plague
23-07-2018, 12:50 AM

im sorry i cant hear you over all the Member fapping.............

Broadmeadow moved to second on 32 points with a 5-0 win over Valentine at CB Complex. Kale Bradbery and James Virgili scored two each and Josh Piddington one.

Hutcho
23-07-2018, 12:18 PM

He didnt embarrass himself but he didnt really stand out. Not sure he offered any more than the young guys. He played near full matches in the games that I watched.

Alton
23-07-2018, 02:02 PM
No movement on a replacement for Roy?

PC14
24-07-2018, 02:18 PM
James Gardiner tweeting he has heard of player movement before Jets head off to Spain.

No mention if it is incoming or outgoing movement.

Bon
24-07-2018, 02:21 PM
Got any info for us, foti68???

24-07-2018, 03:00 PM
Brown leaving perhaps ?. Please let it be so.

Roundball Enthusiast
24-07-2018, 03:08 PM

Confirmed.

evolution
24-07-2018, 03:09 PM

Yep, Brown gone

https://www.newcastlejets.com.au/news/player-departure-wayne-brown

Jeterpool
24-07-2018, 04:16 PM
Good luck to him. Two good goals but he's struggled since.

The Camel
24-07-2018, 04:27 PM
Good luck to him. Two good goals but he's struggled since.

Frees up decent cash in the cap as well as a foreigner's spot. Boom

Mark325
24-07-2018, 04:39 PM
Good call to release him early, wasn’t necessary and although he started playing a lot better last season it doesn’t justify keeping him around for another year

Hopefully he can be replaced by another more competent player, seems like we’re looking at having a more loaded bench considering most all of our starting XI spots are already filled up

Tommyjet
24-07-2018, 05:20 PM
Bring on a Chinese development player😐

Roundball Enthusiast
24-07-2018, 07:12 PM
Bring on a Chinese development player��

Lawrie has stated we're not bringing in any Chinese players.

twitter.com/LawrieMcKinna/status/1019212 5 5 5 607142402 (remove the spaces.. see below)

wtf can't post the 5 5 5 in a link? pls guys...

Tommyjet
24-07-2018, 08:04 PM
According to nbn interview with Ernie we want 2 strikers. He usually calls any of the front 3 strikers

Jeterpool
25-07-2018, 08:28 AM
Lawrie has stated we're not bringing in any Chinese players.

twitter.com/LawrieMcKinna/status/1019212 5 5 5 607142402 (remove the spaces.. see below)

wtf can't post the 5 5 5 in a link? pls guys...

Blame the Member

Jeterpool
25-07-2018, 08:29 AM
Good call to release him early, wasn’t necessary and although he started playing a lot better last season it doesn’t justify keeping him around for another year

Hopefully he can be replaced by another more competent player, seems like we’re looking at having a more loaded bench considering most all of our starting XI spots are already filled up

As soon as Ridenton came in, taking a visa spot, I figured his days were numbered. In all likelihood he was going to be the player dropped for the ACL too.

Jeterpool
25-07-2018, 08:34 AM
19 Kosta Petratos - signed until 18/19

19 squad spots used, 4 available. 2 Visa Spots

Tommyjet
25-07-2018, 10:33 AM

Jake adelson, the forgotten man

Tommyjet
25-07-2018, 10:35 AM
Apparently we are trialling 2 Argentinian's whilst in Spain. Both are currently under contract but there is potential for them to move

Jeterpool
25-07-2018, 10:46 AM
Apparently we are trialling 2 Argentinian's whilst in Spain. Both are currently under contract but there is potential for them to move

Brown has vacated the #10 shirt for Messi.

The Camel
25-07-2018, 12:46 PM

Higauin

plague
25-07-2018, 01:03 PM

Batigol.

Jardel won us a premiership remember.

Frodo
25-07-2018, 02:46 PM

GK - Duncan, Moss.

CB - Boogard, Topor-Stanley, Jackson, Koutroumbis, Langlois (Youth)
LB - Georgevski, Vujica.
RB - Hoffman, Cowburn.

CM - Kantarovski, Ugarkovic, Ridenton, Thurgate (Youth)
RM - D. Petratos, Adelson.
LM - Champness
CAM - Vargas

ST - O'Donovan, K. Petratos.

Looks to me that with 4 spots left we need to sign some attackers/wingers.

CB will be fine for this season, will need a freshen up next year however.
Fullbacks are good enough given the way we played last year and the money we would have available.
Ridenton will be enough cover for the 2 CM spots.
Champness, Dimi, Vargas and Roy are our only 1st team quality attacking options. This is a little worrying considering we must be favourites to win the entire thing this year...

Jeterpool
25-07-2018, 03:06 PM
City will be my favourites. They're recruiting well.

StannyCFCJET
25-07-2018, 03:12 PM
GK - Duncan, Moss.

CB - Boogard, Topor-Stanley, Jackson, Koutroumbis, Langlois (Youth)
LB - Georgevski, Vujica.
RB - Hoffman, Cowburn.

CM - Kantarovski, Ugarkovic, Ridenton, Thurgate (Youth)
RM - D. Petratos, Adelson.
LM - Champness
CAM - Vargas

ST - O'Donovan, K. Petratos.

Looks to me that with 4 spots left we need to sign some attackers/wingers.

CB will be fine for this season, will need a freshen up next year however.
Fullbacks are good enough given the way we played last year and the money we would have available.
Ridenton will be enough cover for the 2 CM spots.
Champness, Dimi, Vargas and Roy are our only 1st team quality attacking options. This is a little worrying considering we must be favourites to win the entire thing this year...

Why do you have Adelson as a winger? He is a FB/CB

Jeterpool
25-07-2018, 03:18 PM
Why do you have Adelson as a winger? He is a FB/CB

And they've listed Hoff as a RB - I figured that balanced it out. :rof:

Doesn't change, for me, that we need strikers and wingers. Rumours are Halloran is off to Sydney (MrWalkerAgent on Twitter).

The Dunster
25-07-2018, 03:38 PM
Rumours are Halloran is off to Sydney (MrWalkerAgent on Twitter).

What new rule are the FFA creating to make him exempt from the salary cap ?

Jeterpool
25-07-2018, 04:13 PM

"The failed former fringe socceroo" clause.

StannyCFCJET
25-07-2018, 05:30 PM
And they've listed Hoff as a RB - I figured that balanced it out. :rof:

Doesn't change, for me, that we need strikers and wingers. Rumours are Halloran is off to Sydney (MrWalkerAgent on Twitter).
They just got Da Silva. Halloran is a moron if he goes to Sydney

Jetmaster
25-07-2018, 08:23 PM
Frees up decent cash in the cap as well as a foreigner's spot. Boom

Bobo and Adrian leaving is half their salary cap.

halo se7en
25-07-2018, 10:50 PM
City will be my favourites. They're recruiting well.

City could have a mass squad walkout, lose their coach at the start of the season, not sign a marquee, be docked 12 points because their 3 fans set off a flare at a pre-season game, and they’d still be favourites ahead of us.

Couscous
25-07-2018, 11:02 PM
How about this young Kale bloke? Ernie wants a striker who can play wide.