PDA

View Full Version : Arzani hype thread

boz-monaut
03-06-2018, 10:35 AM
you guys mightn't have noticed but there's this little known guy in the Socceroos squad for the World Cup

he only has one cap to his name but I'm going out alone here in saying that I think he's going to go on to be bigger than a thousand Messis and Ronaldos (both kinds) put together

I think the Australian football media should get behind this guy in much the same way they didn't with Kaz Patafta

MFKS
03-06-2018, 10:49 AM
#ArzaniIsTrash

Lets get this to trend on twitter this month

Shouldnt be hard to stir up the brainwashed types who think he is the greatest player in Australia since Kaz Patafta

belchardo
03-06-2018, 10:57 AM
you guys mightn't have noticed but there's this little known guy in the Socceroos squad for the World Cup

he only has one cap to his name but I'm going out alone here in saying that I think he's going to go on to be bigger than a thousand Messis and Ronaldos (both kinds) put together

I think the Australian football media should get behind this guy in much the same way they didn't with Kaz Patafta

i will go out on a limb and predict that he will score 1000 goals for australia...

...at the 2018 world cup.

boz-monaut
03-06-2018, 11:02 AM
Arzani needs to focus on his brand

apparently young Yoshi is a huge fan and sees big things for him

Imyourhero
03-06-2018, 12:59 PM
Best aussie player since Adam Griffiths

boz-monaut
03-06-2018, 01:54 PM
fourfourtwo already comparing him to some other blokes who obviously haven't topped the statistics for most 'evades' or whatever it was

https://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/arzani-a-brief-history-of-socceroos-debuts-492500/page0

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6ZtgbRO5Sc4U6Dzq/giphy.gif

Bremsstrahlung
03-06-2018, 02:07 PM
Some sponsorship opportunities.
Mazarzani cars - flashy and showy but nothing special
Emporio Arzani - overpriced threads
Hopefully he scores first game so we can rename it Karzani

belchardo
03-06-2018, 02:41 PM
fourfourtwo already comparing him to some other blokes who obviously haven't topped the statistics for most 'evades' or whatever it was

https://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/arzani-a-brief-history-of-socceroos-debuts-492500/page0

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6ZtgbRO5Sc4U6Dzq/giphy.gif

so if i get there gist right, any player that debuts as a teenager will go onto an amazing career for the socceroos.

halo se7en
03-06-2018, 03:42 PM
Is this the kid that single-handedly steered Melb City to their first a-league title this season? Yeah I’ve heard he’s a world-beater.

Jetmaster
03-06-2018, 04:34 PM
How many minutes, assists and goals does the kid have?

His selection is entirely down to Fox mania.

plague
03-06-2018, 04:55 PM
the two people who singled him out for praase on twitter were Craig Foster (who doesnt understand how penalty shootouts work) and Union thug Sally McManus.

Awesome people to have in your corner.

Trash player, trash fans.

plague
03-06-2018, 04:58 PM

The main takeaway from that article was that im now left wondering if there are any photos that exist of Lucas Neill without that silly bit of facial fluff under his lip.

boz-monaut
03-06-2018, 05:19 PM
apparently Freddy Adu thinks Arzani is the next Pele

MFKS
03-06-2018, 05:27 PM
What price that Arzani will be a Wonderkid on the next FM edition

Frodo
03-06-2018, 05:41 PM
The daily mail UK had him on their list of players to watch alongside Timo Werner.

If we don't make him captain we may as well not even go to the World Cup.

Jeterpool
04-06-2018, 08:40 AM
Arzani is going!!!

https://media.giphy.com/media/5GoVLqeAOo6PK/giphy.gif

*Please note sarcasm

goaliepersempre
04-06-2018, 03:55 PM
The daily mail UK had him on their list of players to watch alongside Timo Werner.

If we don't make him captain we may as well not even go to the World Cup.

So that was a list of Hurensohns then???

StannyCFCJET
04-06-2018, 04:26 PM
As long as he doesnt get game time over an actual goal threat

Grimario
04-06-2018, 04:42 PM
I hope he proves everyone wrong and wins the MVP award.

Bremsstrahlung
04-06-2018, 06:03 PM
I hope he proves everyone wrong and wins the MVP award.

Won't he win it anyway? regardless of whether or not he is the rightful winner? e.g. Young footballer.

04-06-2018, 06:18 PM
Can also see him taking out the award for " most minutes on the ground ".

MFKS
04-06-2018, 06:19 PM
Won't he win it anyway? regardless of whether or not he is the rightful winner? e.g. Young footballer.

Precisely

We get a positive result and Arzani gets on the park it will all be his doing

We get pumped and he dont play then his inclusion in the starting line up will be demanded

What though is the sad thing is that we are now hoping Leckie plays well to keep him out of the team

The irony of this is funny

Frodo
10-06-2018, 09:21 AM
A few quality post from Reddit this morning.

[–]ZombfeudThe most loved, and the most hated :) 13 points 5 hours ago
It's almost scary how far above the rest he is, I mean for his second appearance, he already looks like he's gonna give Harry Kewell a run for his money as 'our most talented ever export' and he isn't even in the top flight unlike Mooy, which he has also outclassed

[–]ZombfeudThe most loved, and the most hated :) 3 points 5 hours ago
Just imagine what his form will be after playing in top flight, we could be witnessing the birth of the Australian Pele

The Australian Pelé. That's an insult to Ray Parlour and also the brazillian one, forget his name.

[–]I_H8_The_LDS_Church 1 point 4 hours ago
Kruse. Lol.

Arzani. Reminds me of when Kewell first came into the team. He has confidence now. If he can possibly score one goal at this world cup he will be one of the most sought after players in the world

I mean the Kruse part is fair enough, then he falls off the edge of the world with the rest of it. One of the most sought after players in the world!!

MFKS
10-06-2018, 11:30 AM
One positive that does need to be assessed here is this.

If Arzani comes in.......

We dont have to warch

a Kruse
OR
b Leckie

There could be a positive to this

Discuss

Grimario
10-06-2018, 12:05 PM
He was fantastic and should probably captain us given he did more in 20 minutes than the other blokes did in 90. Didn't even score an OG.

Arzani for captain.

boz-monaut
10-06-2018, 12:14 PM
One positive that does need to be assessed here is this.

If Arzani comes in.......

We dont have to warch

a Kruse
OR
b Leckie

There could be a positive to this

Discuss

this is a very valid point

he actually didn't play too badly against Hungary - two good things of note, the goal and the through ball to Irving that led to the own goal

but taking one's penis out of one's hand for just a second - his goal was more due to a keeping error and the through ball was made possible by poor defending by Hungary in giving him that much space and allowing Irving to run inside from the flank like that

but back to the point, if he even lives up to half the hype that the masturbating media are fapping on about, he'll fill a much needed gaping hole in the national side

it's not like anyone wants him to fail, we'd all love to see him live up to the hype - the problem is with the hype

Grimario
10-06-2018, 12:25 PM
If Arzani is going to start, Irvine has to start in place of Rogic. Rogic won't make runs like that, he is the laziest player... a luxury Celtic at 3,000,000 better than their nearest rival can afford and one that we cannot.

plague
10-06-2018, 03:23 PM
This is the same media that is convinced Tim Cahill is our best ever player.

So you know, they are already proven to be pretty stoopid.

Frodo
11-06-2018, 07:37 AM
If Arzani is going to start, Irvine has to start in place of Rogic. Rogic won't make runs like that, he is the laziest player... a luxury Celtic at 3,000,000 better than their nearest rival can afford and one that we cannot.

I had a big analogy about Rogic but basically he isn't a great player. Playing for Celtic in the SPL, does well, playing for Celtic in the UCL, missing, plays for Australia, very hot and cold. Irvine is a better option against teams better than us..i.e the other 31 teams at the World Cup.

Frodo
11-06-2018, 07:40 AM
How funny is it going to be when Nabbout starts and Dimi comes off the bench instead of Arzani for the first 2 games and the facebookers just can't even.

Then once we are knocked out Arzani will get a few minutes and the Aussie public will cream their pants when he makes a pass to Cahill. Arzani playing at the world cup will be bigger than winning the Asian Cup to these people. Harry Kewell reincarnated.

Roundball Enthusiast
11-06-2018, 05:29 PM
Harry Kewell reincarnated.

Except he's already FAR better than Kewell could ever be! All this after 8 minutes against a very ordinary and tired Hungarian squad, who have a goal keeper with no eyes.

He's the best player EVER in Socceroos history and future. No one will EVER be better than Arzani.

MFKS
11-06-2018, 05:37 PM
Except he's already FAR better than Kewell could ever be! All this after 8 minutes against a very ordinary and tired Hungarian squad, who have a goal keeper with no eyes.

He's the best player EVER in Socceroos history and future. No one will EVER be better than Arzani.

These the same cunce who creamed themselves because Danny De Silva scored 1 goal at NT Yoof level years ago??

Same bloke who couldnt even stand out in the Gypos side FFS

11-06-2018, 05:43 PM
The only way Rogic will ever put in a half decent effort for the Roos is to wear his Celtic jersey under his national one.

plague
11-06-2018, 06:51 PM

This is the proper way to do this thread.

Roundball, you are the Arzani of the foz.

plague
11-06-2018, 06:53 PM
Also, just to clarify:
Totally.
Rad.
Arzani
Scores
Heaps.

That's what I was always meaning.

belchardo
11-06-2018, 08:00 PM
This is the proper way to do this thread.

Roundball, you are the Arzani of the foz.

i thought arzani was the arzani of the foz. he doesn't even need to post on here to be the greatest ever foz-ster.

belchardo
16-06-2018, 05:38 PM
tipping the greatest world cup debut ever tonight.

from tonight on the whole world will know how much greater arzani is than messi, ronaldo(s), pele and maradonna combined.

MFKS
16-06-2018, 06:07 PM
tipping the greatest world cup debut ever tonight.

from tonight on the whole world will know how much greater arzani is than messi, ronaldo(s), pele and maradonna combined.

Considering CR7 got a hatty last night and carried his country to a result on his back I wonder how many duels or assists #ArzaniIsTrash needs to win tonight to beat him in the eyes of the fapping masses??

plague
16-06-2018, 06:32 PM
The world is rabidly hot taking the Arzani vs Mbappe "who is the best young player at the Cup" debate.

A bit unfair as Mbappe is significantly older than Arzani.

By the time Arzani gets to Mbappe's age he'll be light years ahead.

Roundball Enthusiast
16-06-2018, 10:11 PM
Amazing display of skill today, the way he had his one touch, then lost the ball, then fouled the player. Ooft, I don't think another player in the world could do it like he did.

baldrick
16-06-2018, 10:17 PM
Socceroos haven't won a World Cup game he's played in.

#Arzaniout

plague
16-06-2018, 10:33 PM
The socceroos have yet to concede a goal while hes on the park.

hashtagdifferencemaker

boz-monaut
21-06-2018, 11:53 PM
did quite well tonight

if he scores I'm all aboard this hype train

Jeterpool
22-06-2018, 08:46 AM
did quite well tonight

if he scores I'm all aboard this hype train

Agreed. he was more effective than Kruse.

halo se7en
22-06-2018, 08:51 AM
Yep, his willingness to try and make things happen is a far cry from Kruse. Would like to see him start the Peru game.

Roundball Enthusiast
22-06-2018, 09:51 AM
Agreed. he was more effective than Kruse.

Anyone replacing Kruse would look effective and stand out.

He had several chances to pass to players in better positions, but chose to take on 2-3 players and did nothing with the ball.

Also had his first dive of the world cup, so thats nice.

When he had his shot, he should've kept it low, or just drove it into the 6 yard box instead.

Poor decision making from the best Australian footballer.

Frodo
22-06-2018, 09:52 AM
If we are being adults about this, at which point we are in the wrong thread, Arzani wasn't better than Kruse last night.

Kruse, who is not a great footballer by anyone's standards, did really well to open the game up and caused Dalgaard problems. He gave plenty of space for Mooy and Behich to move into when we had possesion and kept moving into the right spaces all night.

But!!! His crossing and touch under pressure is woeful. He can't put the ball where it needs to be. Which is super dooper frustrating when on the other side Leckie, and Rogic to an extent, were running at defenders and either getting around them or at worst keeping the ball.

Also we can't really fault him defensively last night either.

Now, Armani on the other hand, came on when the game was long, open and players had begun to tire. He did well with what he was presented with, but I honestly don't think he would have been as good as Kruse had he started. If he doesn't track his fullback or Delany starts doubling up on the right side, as he can do, Behich and especially Milligan would have been in trouble. Plus, after 10 minutes they would have worked him out and pushed him down the line and shoved him off the ball. Lucky he didn't get carded for crying at the ref too.

I know it's disgusting to say. but Kruse actually warranted his spot in the team last night. "Shudder"

That and Arzanadu is rubbish and should get back under Timmy's giant cash filled shadow.

MFKS
22-06-2018, 12:07 PM
Arzani is exactly why our Dutch Mango sucking coaching system needs to go

The reason this bloke looks good to everyone is that we dont see blokes run at players now in this country

It is coached out of the kids with the pass pass pass retain posession BS that the Aussie coaches have swallowed hook line and sinker from the Dutch Mango suckers

To be fair Arzani isnt that good

He is just a better version of James Virgili

Virgili is quick and looks great when you allow him to run a players and give him space but that is about it with him.
If you limit his speed option the rest of his game fails him which is why he never "madei it" at HAL level

Arzani is a better skilled player than Virgili

But

He is still primarily the same

I reckon in time opposition will work him out and will expose his limitations

22-06-2018, 01:08 PM
"It is coached out of the kids with the pass pass pass retain posession BS that the Aussie coaches have swallowed hook line and sinker from the Dutch Mango suckers"

This quote from the member epitomizes everything wrong about Australian football for the last 10 years.

plague
22-06-2018, 01:25 PM
To be fair Arzani isnt that good

He is just a better version of James Virgili

Virgili is quick and looks great when you allow him to run a players and give him space but that is about it with him.
If you limit his speed option the rest of his game fails him which is why he never "madei it" at HAL level

Arzani is a better skilled player than Virgili

But

He is still primarily the same

I reckon in time opposition will work him out and will expose his limitations

Ummmmm you might wanna credit someone else hot takes when you steal them.

It's only being polite.

Roundball Enthusiast
27-06-2018, 01:40 AM
Had his 30 minutes or so, done less than he did with the other two games.

Jetmaster
27-06-2018, 01:42 AM
Had his 30 minutes or so, done less than he did with the other two games.

Played 20 mins too long.

MFKS
27-06-2018, 01:58 AM
Played 20 mins too long.

Because he 1 trick pony

Jeterpool
27-06-2018, 08:28 AM
There's a bit about him but I'm very reluctant to call him the saviour or the next Harry Kewell as Basheer labelled him.

He is very very green and didn't place a level of pressure or show the intensity of his mates pressing late on.

redwah
27-06-2018, 09:16 AM
There's a bit about him but I'm very reluctant to call him the saviour or the next Harry Kewell as Basheer labelled him.

He is very very green and didn't place a level of pressure or show the intensity of his mates pressing late on.

He’s a petulant teenager....once he can get that out of his game he might improve..the diving, yelling a refs and the whole I’m better than you attitude shits me to tears.

MFKS
27-06-2018, 09:22 AM

Cant tackle

Giving away that card he did was also dumb as it was half way he had old mate for speed and got a card for little reason other than stupidity

Stopped his diving and his ability to tackle

The pressing stopped as soon as Tim came on nit that Juric was doing it mich

Matter of fact all pressing stopped when Nabbout got injured

Jeterpool
27-06-2018, 09:25 AM
He’s a petulant teenager....once he can get that out of his game he might improve..the diving, yelling a refs and the whole I’m better than you attitude shits me to tears.

You raise some good points.

Going overseas might be the best thing for him to take him down a peg or two.

boz-monaut
27-06-2018, 09:49 AM
can we all just agree that it's way too early to judge either way - the kid is 19

I would love him to smack a hundred goals and lead us to the promised land - but if that's going to happen it probably won't be until the World Cup in in North America

plague
27-06-2018, 11:06 AM
can we all just agree that it's way too early to judge either way - the kid is 19

Which is only a couple months (weeks?) Younger than Mbappe.

Its been truly embarrassing watching the commentary of blokes like that Daniel Garb bloke on Fox continually pump up this guys tyres.

The amount of times he mentioned that ' big clubs MUST be looking at Arzani" and creating this narrative that he was anything other than a part time player for a mid table A-league club was astounding.

Yet Joe blow who just times in for the big games is enough of a sucker to believe the hype.

Arzani is not, 'world class' and sadly he probably never will be.

Yet we (as a general public) seem to have set the bar at him and Cahill, so how much better are we ever gonna get?

redwah
27-06-2018, 12:06 PM

Its been truly embarrassing watching the commentary of blokes like that Daniel Garb bloke on Fox continually pump up this guys tyres.

The amount of times he mentioned that ' big clubs MUST be looking at Arzani" and creating this narrative that he was anything other than a part time player for a mid table A-league club was astounding.

Yet Joe blow who just times in for the big games is enough of a sucker to believe the hype.

Yet we (as a general public) seem to have set the bar at him and Cahill, so how much better are we ever gonna get?

Couldn’t agree more....if this kid was world class...man city would have him signed up and in their squad. He’ll go to the Dutch league or lower level German club and just stay at the level he is

The Dunster
27-06-2018, 12:09 PM
If an offer comes in for Arzani he should take the money and run before everyone becomes aware of the swindle.

halo se7en
27-06-2018, 01:17 PM

Although I’m being naive, I hope it’s only because we seriously lack any other players worth fapping over. The Aussie commentary has been horrid. “The moment all of Australia has been waiting for” when Cahill came on last night- such useless sweeping statements that aren’t even remotely true.

StannyCFCJET
27-06-2018, 01:26 PM
Problem with the Azarni hype any other player like him gets it coached out of him so we react soo strongly to seeing a player like that

plague
27-06-2018, 01:53 PM
Although I’m being naive, I hope it’s only because we seriously lack any other players worth fapping over.

Oh this is absolutely true.

Except back when we were 'better' we still only fapped over the same type of player.

If Jason Cullina got anywhere near the praise of Cahill and Neill back in the day we may have ended up with a next generation of footballers more interested in technical ability rather than 'scrap' and 'fight' and 'grit'

It's like with this Messi v Ronaldo debate. The fact that there's even a debate saddens me that people consider one of them as the best footballer of their generation.

I mean it's not even close yet here we are

The Dunster
27-06-2018, 02:21 PM
You want an unsung hero how about Scott Chipperfield ?

Out of any era he'd be the first player I'd select for my Socceroos squad.

MFKS
27-06-2018, 02:28 PM
Oh this is absolutely true.

Except back when we were 'better' we still only fapped over the same type of player.

If Jason Cullina got anywhere near the praise of Cahill and Neill back in the day we may have ended up with a next generation of footballers more interested in technical ability rather than 'scrap' and 'fight' and 'grit'

It's like with this Messi v Ronaldo debate. The fact that there's even a debate saddens me that people consider one of them as the best footballer of their generation.

I mean it's not even close yet here we are

Iniesta is the best footballer of the generation

Has scored the winning goal in a WC final
Has never missed a penalty in a WC

Also lets be honest Messi CR7 ???

Zidane was better than both

StannyCFCJET
27-06-2018, 02:51 PM

And Ronaldinho beats Zidane

MFKS
27-06-2018, 03:03 PM
And Ronaldinho beats Zidane

Nope

On his day Fat Ronaldo was better than Ronaldinhio

But both were second best to Zidane

StannyCFCJET
27-06-2018, 03:06 PM
Nope

On his day Fat Ronaldo was better than Ronaldinhio

But both were second best to Zidane

Agree to disagree. Ronaldinho did things with the ball id never seen before and even got standing ovations from Madrid fans. That says alot

plague
27-06-2018, 03:16 PM
Agree to disagree. Ronaldinho did things with the ball id never seen before and even got standing ovations from Madrid fans. That says alot

Zidane got way more standing ovations from Madrid fans.

plague
27-06-2018, 03:17 PM

This is why we get along so well Member.

MFKS
27-06-2018, 04:23 PM

Ronaldinhio could do some amazing stuff

Just like Ibra

But at the end of the day

Ibra and Ronaldinho did it sporadically through their careers and nowherr near as much as Zizou

boz-monaut
27-06-2018, 04:26 PM
Zidane got sent off a lot more than anyone else that has been mentioned in this thread

bit hard to do anything great from the showers

Frodo
27-06-2018, 07:21 PM
Zidane got sent off a lot more than anyone else that has been mentioned in this thread

His trophy cabinet says otherwise...

Frodo
27-06-2018, 07:28 PM
Football is a team sport. The best player doesn't exist.

Arzani would have to be top 20 though, just sayin.

plague
27-06-2018, 08:36 PM

Zidane was so good he got through his work, won the game then made sure the hot water didnt run out before he was finished.

First man in the sheds get shit early worm or something something

https://i.imgur.com/xP5Eo3a.jpg

boz-monaut
14-07-2018, 09:35 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/14/kylian-mbappe-world-cup-young-player

didn't even make the subs bench of The Guardian's 'Golden boys: the World Cup’s best XI of players aged 23 or under'

plague
14-07-2018, 09:40 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/14/kylian-mbappe-world-cup-young-player

didn't even make the subs bench of The Guardian's 'Golden boys: the World Cup’s best XI of players aged 23 or under'

a) FIFA is the most corrupt organisation on the face of the earth.

b) obviously evades weren't part of the criteria

boz-monaut
14-07-2018, 09:59 PM
the list was made by The Guardian, not FIFA

plague
14-07-2018, 10:27 PM
the list was made by The Guardian, not FIFA

well i just did some googling and Donald Trump tells me that the Guardian is indeed #fakenews hence why they have an obvious bias against Oceaniac Messi.

More
Arzani (please)
Gypo
Arnie

MFKS
15-07-2018, 10:29 PM
If Arzani is that good can someone explain to me why none of the Euro clubs have jumped in and signed him yet??

What are they waiting for??

Bremsstrahlung
16-07-2018, 12:12 AM
If Arzani is that good can someone explain to me why none of the Euro clubs have jumped in and signed him yet??

What are they waiting for??

He’s still considering which one to go with.
He’s going through all the offers from teams in Europe.
So far he’s had a look at Budgewoi, Central Coast and Gosford. Will be interesting to see what Wyong offer.

halo se7en
16-07-2018, 03:36 AM
Apparently Arzani was slightly ahead of Mbappe for young player of the tournament but they awarded it to Mbappe because he was already there.

Imyourhero
16-07-2018, 11:42 AM
Arzani > Mbappe

Jeterpool
16-07-2018, 12:54 PM
I hope the kid gets a move to a good club, can work on further developing his skills and becomes the creative, threatening player we need to start progressing again as a nation.

I'm not in for smashing him any more. I won't cheer him if he stays at City but he's got the potential to be a better option to those we've seen on the left.

StannyCFCJET
16-07-2018, 01:15 PM
All he does is run at defenders at pace. (He does do it well) but why cant we produce more kids with this ability hopefully seeing Azarni doing well leads to more discussion and stuff being done to make this a common thing

Imyourhero
16-07-2018, 01:33 PM
Because running at defenders is frowned upon by FFA curriculum being worshipped by coaches. Too scared to lose the ball we better pass it backwards to keep possession!

The Dunster
16-07-2018, 01:36 PM
This is the same media that rated Kristian Sarkies a deadball specialist.

Jeterpool
16-07-2018, 01:48 PM
All he does is run at defenders at pace.

I've seen him try to be creative with his passing. I reckon growing this part of his game is why he needs to go overseas. His attributes and approach will be better appreciated and understood.

StannyCFCJET
16-07-2018, 02:22 PM
I've seen him try to be creative with his passing. I reckon growing this part of his game is why he needs to go overseas. His attributes and approach will be better appreciated and understood.

I agree but we didnt see much of that in the Aleague. He would do well with the coaching at City and Chelsea's youth setup

plague
16-07-2018, 02:52 PM
every single one of the South Korean and Japanese players at the World Cup was way more dangerous on the ball that Arzani.

Daniel Arzani should be the kind of player we leave out of World Cup squads because he only has one perceived strength.

yet here we are telling everyone he is the new benchmark.

we have no hope.

plague
16-07-2018, 02:53 PM
Still though, once he gets a good pre-season under his belt at Liverpool/Barca/Bayern, he should be sweet.

16-07-2018, 03:05 PM
All he does is run at defenders at pace. (He does do it well) but why cant we produce more kids with this ability hopefully seeing Azarni doing well leads to more discussion and stuff being done to make this a common thing

Pretty much all on the mongs at FFA and there love affair with the dutch system and all things Han Berger. about 6 years ago i got to watch a few times in one season a team that cost parents > 1k for the season for there kids to be in only to see them getting there asses kicked to the tune of double figures by halftime most Saturday mornings.

You could put your house on these kids playing it out from the back and conceding goals from wayward back passing all day long. In actual fact and i kid you not if these kids even looked like taking a risk and taking on a opponent or a dare i say long ball they would get hooked for a break on the bench for deviating from the mantra/curriculum . I also recall a season later watching a girls rep team from up the valley play a few times and same same. Play it out from the back lose count of the number of back passes and side passes and once again a cricket score would be put on them by half time. The busiest of players in both those sides were there respective keepers, Either dealing with back passes or picking the ball out of the net. Brings back memories of when Couscous was coaching and BK and Birraz were our busiest and ultimately player of the season recipients. It was often said the word " header " was not even in the several hundred page curriculum.

Gallop and his fellow gooses have single handedly backed a curriculum that has ruined a generation of footballers by taking away any attacking flair/instinct a player had and curriculum'd it out of them. Its no wonder we can't score goals from open play to save ourselves with such a defensive possession safety first mentality right across the park.

Sorry to rant but on this issue i am so with the Member. This dutch style is just so shite and frustrating. But don't despair the ones peddling this style as great are the also the ones who tell you winning the possession and completed passes stats is equally as important as winning the match FFS.

boz-monaut
16-07-2018, 03:18 PM
when did Arzani migrate to Australia?

did he learn all this running at defenders nonsense before he even got here and learnt the ways of New Holland?

Jeterpool
16-07-2018, 03:21 PM
I'm not a coach, nor do I have any coaching qualifications. I'm just a fan.

It might be naive but if I were educating kids I'd focus on being flexible, teaching them not just one but many formations, intelligence to solve issues out on the pitch.

From the sound of things are we so rigid and unwavering in our approach that it's to the detriment of our players (read as students)?

That's surely not the Dutch way - sounds more like we've been given a manual, we've read the first chapter and thought "yeah I get the gist of this" and gone out to start teaching, missing the point entirely. If not in the application, it's in the ability (or lack there of) of those who are training the coaches to convey the message?

Am I off the mark?

plague
16-07-2018, 03:27 PM
about 6 years ago i got to watch a few times in one season a team that cost parents > 1k for the season for there kids to be in only to see them getting there asses kicked to the tune of double figures by halftime most Saturday mornings.

just a quick question: was this team you watched part of a club, or an association (one of those 'select' teams) or a satellite program run by a 3rd party?

plague
16-07-2018, 03:29 PM

It might be naive but if I were educating kids I'd focus on being flexible, teaching them not just one but many formations, intelligence to solve issues out on the pitch.

From the sound of things are we so rigid and unwavering in our approach that it's to the detriment of our players (read as students)?

That's surely not the Dutch way - sounds more like we've been given a manual, we've read the first chapter and thought "yeah I get the gist of this" and gone out to start teaching, missing the point entirely. If not in the application, it's in the ability (or lack there of) of those who are training the coaches to convey the message?

Am I off the mark?

well, again, all i can go off is whats happening now.
and the way forward is way different to the horror stories of the past.
again, we are prob 10-15 years away from knowing if it worked, but at least the basics of it seem to be sinking in.

16-07-2018, 04:59 PM
just a quick question: was this team you watched part of a club, or an association (one of those 'select' teams) or a satellite program run by a 3rd party?

Both were associations teams. Seeing the boys team consistently get hidings was a bit hard to watch and not sure the parents liked forking out the big $$$$ just to see the boys not enjoy it so much and almost always on the wrong side of the scoreboard by hefty margins.

At that age i would think it would be more important to see who has natural instinct for the game and can play the game as it unfolds in front them.

plague
16-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Both were associations teams. Seeing the boys team consistently get hidings was a bit hard to watch and not sure the parents liked forking out the big $$$$ just to see the boys not enjoy it so much and almost always on the wrong side of the scoreboard by hefty margins.

At that age i would think it would be more important to see who has natural instinct for the game and can play the game as it unfolds in front them.

so one of those 'northern select' deals?

cause if so then thats the exact type of situation the new platform is designed to eliminate (and seems to have so far). the responsibility is on the clubs, and the clubs get the direct benefit of producing good players.

kids teams go straight from their club development squads to the Jets squads. the club squads then continue so the local clubs remain strong and any late bloomers can then be cherry picked by the jets later on.

i know at least in our case cash has never been an issue, and its prob no surprise that the clubs taking it seriously have some unreal kids in their midst. again, its early doors, and the outside influences have yet to rear their heads, but with some strong leadership, esp from the Jets and the clubs. it looks like the best kids will get the best chance at succeeding.

MFKS
16-07-2018, 05:15 PM

Am I off the mark?

The bit about the coaches reading the manual thinking they got this and completely missing the mark is pretty much bang on the money

The Dutch system can be effective but the way our coaches have interpreted it is so one dimensional

They have taken the 4-3-3 part the possession retaining aspect the move the ball side to side part

And forgotten the rest of it

Forward runs breaking the line
Running off the ball
Dribbling
One twos to break the lines
Playing forward passes to teammates not unmarked
Longer passes that actually find a teammate and not hopeful hoof up the park to break lines
Tempo of ball movement in the final 3rd
Etc

These are things good Dutch sides do

But no

It side to side passing waiting for a gap to open
Passing back and forth between the Back 4 keeper and 6-8 as they afraid to play forward as it all abput possession
Failing to take risks to attack as it opens up the opportunity to cough up the ball / Possession at all costs philosophy
Rigid formations with players sticking to certain parts of the pitch like it netball

You want to see how ****ed we are at it.

Watch people taking throw ins

Now if your taking a throw in you watch how often as Aussie player looks to throw it forwards...

Most of the time they do not even look that way at all But they turn and throw it tpowards their goal.

So they go back.

Because Possession is drummed into them so much they play like cowards and retreat first

16-07-2018, 05:20 PM
Was pretty evident with Aziz Behich in some of our recent matches, God knows how many times he busted his ass to make a intelligent forward run only to be ignored for the safe option.

belchardo
16-07-2018, 07:56 PM
when did Arzani migrate to Australia?

did he learn all this running at defenders nonsense before he even got here and learnt the ways of New Holland?

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/fifa-world-cup-2018/arzani-sticks-by-nike-despite-the-company-withdrawing-boots-to-iran-20180614-p4zlbg.html

that article says he moved here when he was 6.

Frodo
16-07-2018, 08:43 PM
Back to the actual point of this thread.

I have no idea how people can seriously think Arzani deserves a move above the A league. He hasn't even established himself in this league. He is a level below Joey Champness and we don't even rate him as a starter.

Joey's stats 2017/18 were 25 games, 5 goals and 2 assists.
Arzani's stats 2017/18 were 16 games, 2 goals and 2 assists.

So Champness played in a team that finished higher in the league, had more of an offensive impact and played more minutes than Arzani. No one even thinks he will be a starter next year. Yet people from this forum think Arzani has the potential to play in Europe??? Give me a break.

He's way too old for an academy, but he is too young to make an impact in a first team in a higher league, so someone please tell me why a move to anywhere else would be a good move for him? Other than so I don't have to ever hear about him again...

MFKS
16-07-2018, 08:47 PM

I have no idea how people can seriously think Arzani deserves a move above the A league. He hasn't even established himself in this league. He is a level below Joey Champness and we don't even rate him as a starter.

So Champness played in a team that finished higher in the league, had more of an offensive impact and played more minutes than Arzani. No one even thinks he will be a starter next year. Yet people from this forum think Arzani has the potential to play in Europe??? Give me a break.

He's way too old for an academy, but he is too young to make an impact in a first team in a higher league, so someone please tell me why a move to anywhere else would be a good move for him? Other than so I don't have to ever hear about him again...

Who in this Foz thinks he can play in Europe??

Thought that was more the 4'4-2 FanBois who think he is EPL bound after 1 evade at the WC

Captain Obvious
16-07-2018, 09:10 PM
Yet people from this forum think Arzani has the potential to play in Europe???
Users on the forum are being sarcastic.

Frodo
17-07-2018, 09:04 AM
Users on the forum are being sarcastic.

Not sarcastic enough for my liking. I think a few silly thoughts are creeping into a few people's heads so i'm just shutting that down straight away.

The Dunster
17-07-2018, 09:17 AM

Arzani also an inferior rapper and is yet to produce his own EP.

Macca
17-07-2018, 10:53 AM
Pretty sure one of Arzani's goals was a pen as well.

halo se7en
17-07-2018, 11:05 AM

What about evades tho?

Bremsstrahlung
17-07-2018, 01:40 PM
I mean, I hope he goes on to be successful, scores a shitload of goals for Australia and plays for a big club.
It’d be great for any Australian to do so.

I think most people on here, are being sarcastic, or just genuinely think he’s not as good as they were making out.
Making out he is the saviour of our national team, next Kewell etc. it doesn’t do him any favours. Let the guy play. And see what comes of it.

As Frodo points out, Champness has much better stats. Not as man crossovers though.
But hell, if I had one of em running through 1 on 1 with a keeper, I know who I’d rather.

The Dunster
17-07-2018, 03:39 PM
I mean, I hope he goes on to be successful, scores a shitload of goals for Australia and plays for a big club.
It’d be great for any Australian to do so.

I think most people on here, are being sarcastic, or just genuinely think he’s not as good as they were making out.
Making out he is the saviour of our national team, next Kewell etc. it doesn’t do him any favours. Let the guy play. And see what comes of it.

As Frodo points out, Champness has much better stats. Not as man crossovers though.
But hell, if I had one of em running through 1 on 1 with a keeper, I know who I’d rather.

Problem is Arzani believes the hype much like Rojas and a few others who failed to impress beyond the A-league.
Champness on the other hand is a great kid with plenty of talent that doesn't let it all go to his head.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
17-07-2018, 04:58 PM
I agree but we didnt see much of that in the Aleague. He would do well with the coaching at Chelsea's youth setup

You mean Vitesse Arnhem?

StannyCFCJET
17-07-2018, 07:26 PM
You mean Vitesse Arnhem?
Well played sir

boz-monaut
24-07-2018, 07:37 PM
any word on his decision on whether he's going to Juventus or Man City? or is he holding out for the inevitable offers from Bayern, Real Madrid or Barcelona?

Poshpom
26-07-2018, 09:35 PM
On the BBC Football website

Scottish champions Celtic hope to secure the loan signing of 19-year-old Australia midfielder Daniel Arzani after he completes his permanent move to Manchester City from partner club Melbourne City. (Scottish Sun)

Imyourhero
26-07-2018, 11:05 PM
career suicide

Frodo
27-07-2018, 07:46 AM
On the BBC Football website

Scottish champions Celtic hope to secure the loan signing of 19-year-old Australia midfielder Daniel Arzani after he completes his permanent move to Manchester City from partner club Melbourne City. (Scottish Sun)

We all know what people think of aussie players that score goals in the SPL.

Can't wait to see the inevitable season long loan move from Blackburn Rovers to Wollongong Wolves in 4 years time when he doesn't get a look in at Ernie Merricks world cup squad. Champness will inevitably be captain and scoring goals in the UCL for the Jets.

:gent:

MFKS
27-07-2018, 08:17 PM
career suicide

Why ??

Should go well in the Scottish League

It a pretty easy standard for him to come into a Euro club

FFS Rogic looks a world beater in it

MFKS
09-08-2018, 10:13 PM
Officially signed for Man City today

Bremsstrahlung
10-08-2018, 06:29 AM
Pretty good outcome for the young guy.
Nothing compared to when Madrid come looking for Joey though! Can see the headlines “more goals, game time and assists than Australian Ronaldo”

In all seriousness, Goodluck to him. Genuinely hope he can form some kind of partnership with Rogic and gets plenty of game time. Which I think he should? It’s a pretty good league to be able to give game time to younger players, especially if you are Celtic.
Hoping he saves some goals for the National Team and doesn’t use all his good goals domestically like Rogic does.

Jeterpool
10-08-2018, 07:35 AM
Agree. Good luck to him. Bit of a blow for City - he's a loss ahead of the FFA Cup clash.

MFKS
27-09-2018, 06:45 PM
**** got booked for wait for it

DIVING IN THE BOX

in a Reserve game

Then got hooked 2 mins later

27-09-2018, 06:55 PM
**** got booked for wait for it

DIVING IN THE BOX

in a Reserve game

Then got hooked 2 mins later

Made my day. Cheers

Frodo
01-11-2018, 01:16 PM
He finally made it in Europe... Aaaaaaaand hes out until midway through next season. They said he wasn't ready to start, medical team should have backed themselves for a bit longer.

boz-monaut
01-11-2018, 04:28 PM
ok so we're going down the string of injuries path to not reaching his potential

and here I was thinking it'd be a lack of effort and over confidence

MFKS
01-11-2018, 08:23 PM
The irony he got injured falling over makes me giggle

Kid has made a career on needlessly going to ground

Done the same today

Bremsstrahlung
01-11-2018, 08:53 PM
Feel for the kid.
Making your debut should be exciting and memorable Occassion.
I mean, he hasn’t really done anything to anybody. It’s the pundits blowing smoke up him that have infuriated everyone.
Would never wish an injury upon him.

The Dunster
04-11-2018, 10:35 PM
Feel for the kid.
Making your debut should be exciting and memorable Occassion.
I mean, he hasn’t really done anything to anybody. It’s the pundits blowing smoke up him that have infuriated everyone.
Would never wish an injury upon him.

He's a serial cheat who constantly dives and doesn't give a shit about how his actions will affect others.
Nobody in the commentary box is telling him to dive all the time or to get opposition players wrongfully booked.
Not a fan and never will be unless he starts to show some respect for others on the field.

Bremsstrahlung
05-11-2018, 07:36 AM
I hope playing for Celtic will rid that from his game. I don’t think Rodgers will let him dive around. But I don’t think he will play for Celtic first team again.
Until he winds up back in the a league, I hope he does well, I really hope he turns out better than Kewell or whoever the pundits were saying. I doubt he will. But it’ll be great for our national team moving forward if he does. Same goes for any young player.

I wouldn’t wish that injury on anybody. It’s potentially a career killer. Especially given how serious they take the rehabilitation side of things and the pre-signing medicals.

MFKS
05-11-2018, 03:17 PM
I hope playing for Celtic will rid that from his game. I don’t think Rodgers will let him dive around. But I don’t think he will play for Celtic first team again.
Until he winds up back in the a league, I hope he does well, I really hope he turns out better than Kewell or whoever the pundits were saying. I doubt he will. But it’ll be great for our national team moving forward if he does. Same goes for any young player.

I wouldn’t wish that injury on anybody. It’s potentially a career killer. Especially given how serious they take the rehabilitation side of things and the pre-signing medicals.

Rodgers will get the diving out of his game??

How many years was Brendan Rodgers the Manager of one Luis Suarez??

Did he fix that blokes cheating at any time ??

**** NO

You got misplaced ambitions here I think

Bremsstrahlung
06-11-2018, 06:37 AM
Rodgers will get the diving out of his game??

How many years was Brendan Rodgers the Manager of one Luis Suarez??

Did he fix that blokes cheating at any time ??

**** NO

You got misplaced ambitions here I think

1. As much as you appreciate Ramos as master of the dark arts, Suarez is certainly up there too. Haven’t seen him play a great deal aside from his Liverpool and World Cup games, but he certainly has the art perfected.
While he did get caught out a few times, I dare say 90% of the time he went to ground with contact, the art was getting the contact and he fell easily, but watch the replays and you can’t deny there was contact. Plus, his antics were keeping Rodgers in a job. Now, Arzani is an up and coming youth player trying to break into first team, and falling over ain’t gonna impress him.

2. Arzani and his diving or going to ground easily worked because the referees often thought city were Sydney and have free kicks when they see a sky blue jersey.

3. His cameo at World Cup, he didn’t show much desire to go to ground.

4. While I didn’t agree with his inclusion in the national team, if he pulls on a gold jersey, I’ll support him and cheer any goals. He’s not quite a gypo.

Frodo
06-11-2018, 07:47 AM
3. His cameo at World Cup, he didn’t show much desire to go to ground.

Yes, he did.

plague
06-11-2018, 07:50 AM
Man, Suarez bit someone while at Ajax and Liverpool still came calling with the cash.
Managers always gonna 'act" like that stuff matters but if Arzani gives you 30 goals he'll dive away with no repercussions.

Legit though hes that good Rogers should still play him even on one leg.
Would lead the league in peg leg evades

The Dunster
06-11-2018, 10:47 AM
I don't know anything about ACL injuries other than some players recover from them but most of them never come back as good.
Arzani's best traits are his agility and ability to change direction - take that away and you are left with a very average player.
I think he's a dick but I'd still like to see him make a full recovery and then fail because he wasn't good enough - rather than fail because of an injury.

Grimario
06-11-2018, 11:21 AM
Confirmed and goneskis for a bit.

https://www.socceroos.com.au/news/arzani-confirms-acl-injury-instagram

MFKS
15-08-2019, 09:33 AM
This bloke got to be close to a return isn't he ??

plague
15-08-2019, 09:59 AM
This bloke got to be close to a return isn't he ??

Heard he was on the bench for both teams in the Super Cup this morning.

Also, it's called the Super Cup because Arzani is Super.

boz-monaut
15-08-2019, 08:46 PM
Arzani and Rogic haven't made the bench for Celtic recently

is Rogic injured or just crap too?

plague
15-08-2019, 08:56 PM
Arzani and Rogic haven't made the bench for Celtic recently

Arzani cant be on the bench as it would distract all players/fans and other people by swooning at him instead of watching the turgid slop a non-Arzani league would showcase.

SPL has a TV contract, they've got to at least show the games. Although heard a rumour that there will be a dedicated Arzani-cam feature for just $99.99 per month.

already signed up.

boz-monaut
25-08-2019, 07:14 PM
https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/arzani-targeting-celtic-return-within-weeks-after-surgeon-gives-thumbs-up

good news that he's recovered from the injury

Frodo
25-08-2019, 08:29 PM
https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/arzani-targeting-celtic-return-within-weeks-after-surgeon-gives-thumbs-up

good news that he's recovered from the injury

"Australia’s most effervescent young talent is already back"

"Having received a glowing pass mark by Cugat"

"Whilst Socceroos coach Graham Arnold is itching to reintegrate Arzani into his World Cup calculations"

I need a shower just reading that. The writer 100% has a shrine in his spare room that would shine like the sun if you ever put a Black-light on it.

Also, how the fudge do you get a glowing pass mark? That literally impossible, guy truly is the chosen one.

boz-monaut
25-08-2019, 09:09 PM
sorry this is the Arzani hype thread, where no hyperbole is nearly enough

if you want the thread to discuss how this kid has achieved little other than have a whole bunch of smoke blown up his arse you'll have to go elsewhere

MFKS
15-11-2019, 06:23 AM
Where is this bloke ??

Still in hiding ??

boz-monaut
22-12-2019, 07:18 PM
our greatest ever player is yet to even make the bench for Celtic - clearly the fault lies with Scottish football

MFKS
22-12-2019, 08:13 PM
our greatest ever player is yet to even make the bench for Celtic - clearly the fault lies with Scottish football

Heard he had been injured again with minor injuries hampering his comeback

Frodo
23-12-2019, 05:58 AM
Heard he had been injured again with minor injuries hampering his comeback

Probably just saving his talents for cup finals and the latter stages of the Europa League. He's too good for the SPL anyways.

Bremsstrahlung
23-12-2019, 06:24 PM
Targeting a Boxing Day match comeback, don’t know if there’s been setbacks since them.

I hope he does well tbh, we need somebody to be excited about.
However he didn’t do much to deserve anything better than a starting spot at an a league club, didn’t deserve World Cup or a transfer to city for anything but the purpose of circumventing our transfer rules and loaning him to melb city.

boz-monaut
23-12-2019, 10:39 PM
Brem: this is the Arzani hype thread, not the place for facts or reasoned argument or distractions based on actual events that may have happened

Jetmaster
24-12-2019, 07:49 AM
He is now old news and into Kaz Patafta territory.

The Fox crew have new young heroes to spruik like Elvis and Sammy Gypo.

MFKS
19-01-2020, 11:39 AM
He is back

9 minutes on the park for Celtic

Crank up the hypefest

Imyourhero
19-01-2020, 11:42 AM
We're gunna win Qatar WC

boz-monaut
23-01-2020, 07:32 AM
he's on the bench in a game going on right now against Kilmarnock

those lucky Kilmarnockese folks who get to radiate in his warmth

The Dunster
23-01-2020, 08:00 AM
Celtic up 2-0 after 55 mins. Arzani has evaded making an appearance.

Bon
23-01-2020, 08:32 AM
Celtic up 2-0 after 55 mins. Arzani has evaded making an appearance.

:lulzturtle:

MFKS
26-01-2020, 09:22 AM
Celtic played in the SPL overnight and Arzani evaded selection in the match day squad completely

Frodo
26-01-2020, 11:34 AM
Keeping up his form. Good to see.

The Dunster
20-03-2020, 01:46 PM
Arzani has stepped things up from evades to self-isolating his way out of Scotland and back to Australia. SPL is probably going to fold now that Arzani has left.

Fans are already protesting calling the SPL a pissant competition without Daniel Arzani.

https://ansionnachfionn.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/englands-green-and-pleasent-land.jpg

The Dunster
19-07-2020, 01:16 PM
https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/netherlands-perfect-place-for-arzani-to-show-special-talent-says-valkanis

The great One is going to FC Utrecht on loan from Man City. Could be the greatest thing to happen in Dutch football since Marco Van Basten.

Frodo
14-01-2021, 11:29 AM
https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/netherlands-perfect-place-for-arzani-to-show-special-talent-says-valkanis

The great One is going to FC Utrecht on loan from Man City. Could be the greatest thing to happen in Dutch football since Marco Van Basten.

The hype train strolled into Utrecht, made 4 short appearances off the bench, sat on the bench for another few weeks, got dropped to U21s for another 6 games and then got dropped to their bench as well. His agent is trying to get him recalled and sent elsewhere.

Lmao, I wonder when the penny will drop and he'll work out where his actual level is? Cause it's beneath Eredivisie U21s apparently.

The Dunster
14-01-2021, 11:54 AM
The hype train strolled into Utrecht, made 4 short appearances off the bench, sat on the bench for another few weeks, got dropped to U21s for another 6 games and then got dropped to their bench as well. His agent is trying to get him recalled and sent elsewhere.

Lmao, I wonder when the penny will drop and he'll work out where his actual level is? Cause it's beneath Eredivisie U21s apparently.

He didn't get dropped he's been "evading" selection.

Jetmaster
14-01-2021, 12:28 PM
Will comeback come here as a "marquee Socceroo".

Bon
14-01-2021, 02:59 PM
He didn't get dropped he's been "evading" selection.

:lulzturtle:

boz-monaut
27-02-2021, 04:46 PM
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/how-things-went-wrong-for-a-socceroos-poster-boy-and-how-he-plans-to-dazzle-again-20210226-p57640.html

washed up at 22

it's almost like all this ridiculous hype over a very young player might have created a scenario where he was doomed to fail

StannyCFCJET
27-02-2021, 04:48 PM
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/how-things-went-wrong-for-a-socceroos-poster-boy-and-how-he-plans-to-dazzle-again-20210226-p57640.html

washed up at 22

it's almost like all this ridiculous hype over a very young player might have created a scenario where he was doomed to fail

I've seen many things about his ego and attitude being an issue.

Bremsstrahlung
27-02-2021, 06:18 PM
Ffs.
Bloke should be able to sue fox for Famation (Opposite of defamation?) and misinformation.
Barely starts for Victory. And touted as our next Messi.
He’s still young. But bloody hell, he should’ve stayed in the a league and tried to “boss it”. I’d be pressed to find a player who successfully club hops for their own benefit and development.
His agent owes a lot to fox though.

Frodo
28-02-2021, 12:34 PM
Arzani has played a total of 1911 mins of club football in his entire career, 65% of that was in the A League in his first 2 seasons. So he's played 660 mins of football in 3 seasons, most of which is in youth comps. At no point has he ever made an impact on a team to warrant them either resigning him or asking to keep him for another season (he was already signed to a 2 year deal at Celtic before he unfortunately got injured). There has never been a better example of over-hyped than this kid.

But it's still shocks me to think that he had less minutes of professional football than Johnny K did when he went to the world cup. Johnny was the more accomplished player and more talented but was nowhere near the quality required of the World Cup, neither was Arzani. How anyone thought he was ready to move on the from the league, let alone make a meaningful impact at the world cup, will baffle me until the end of my days. Advertisers picking the squad seems like the most likely answer, especially given a mostly-retired Cahill making the team as well.

belchardo
29-06-2021, 05:30 PM
he's back baby and going to show the world a thing or two!

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/jun/29/daniel-arzani-returns-as-australia-prepare-to-tackle-olympic-group-of-dreams

belchardo
07-09-2021, 12:25 PM
Looking to me like arnie's going to give THE ARZANI a run tonight. I think Daniel is now worthy of full capitalisation and the addition of "the" before his last name.

Jardelsimage
07-09-2021, 01:43 PM
Looking to me like arnie's going to give THE ARZANI a run tonight. I think Daniel is now worthy of full capitalisation and the addition of "the" before his last name.

he cant even nail a starting spot in our very underwhelming olympic side and Arnie wants to give him run in a side that Arnie said, "will be our strongest we can put on the park", fark we are in deep shit....

Jetmaster
07-09-2021, 03:16 PM
Patafta V2

As one Celtic player apparently said "not quite as good as he thinks he is".......

Thank f*** Speed hasn't moved to 10.

Jardelsimage
08-09-2021, 08:26 AM
Patafta V2

As one Celtic player apparently said "not quite as good as he thinks he is".......

Thank f*** Speed hasn't moved to 10.

Harper was talking him up, we need someone like The Arzarni on the park to break the opposition down.

charlotteava
09-10-2021, 03:54 PM
Daniel Arzani arrived at Celtic on loan from the monied Man City after impressing at the recent World Cup, being the youngest player in the tournament. He had pace and style, and a great touch on the ball, skills you just can’t teach https://gamesecrxguide.com/.

boz-monaut
26-07-2022, 03:52 PM
https://keepup.com.au/news/daniel-arzani-signs-with-bulls-for-2022-23-alm-season

Arzani back to the A-League with some team called the Bulls, apparently

clearly Europe wasn't big enough for him

Jetmaster
29-07-2022, 10:54 AM
https://keepup.com.au/news/daniel-arzani-signs-with-bulls-for-2022-23-alm-season

Arzani back to the A-League with some team called the Bulls, apparently

clearly Europe wasn't big enough for him

Reflect on something that we had at the Jets many moons ago. To paraphrase a certain chant I can see this happening...

"Yorkie don't like him.........Dan Arzani....Dan Arzani".

belchardo
17-10-2022, 12:40 PM
CHOO CHOO!!!! Get on board folks - the arzani hype train is gathering steam after one good performance (including one goal from a lucky deflection). Don't miss the chance to get on board!!!!

Nabbout might be on there too - Simon Hill said during his match something like "that's Nabbout's 8th goal in 20 matches. A good reminder to Arnie that he's still in the mix".

Bremsstrahlung
17-10-2022, 01:18 PM
To be fair to Arzani, that’s his best (?only) 90 minutes of football he’s played in his career.
An assist and a goal.

He got a Socceroos call up and a contract with Man City for far less.
Can only assume he’s taking Spanish lessons now to prepare for life in madrid.

Frodo
17-10-2022, 07:07 PM
"that's Nabbout's 8th goal in 20 matches. A good reminder to Arnie that he's still in the mix".

I absolutely love how low the ceiling is in this country for what constitutes talented.

For comparison, Sotirio got 6 in 19 games last season. Lol.

Frodo
17-10-2022, 07:17 PM
Just worked out that Arzani finally completed the full 90 for the 10th time in his career, outside of pre season and friendlies but including cup games.

Imagine playing 10 full games by the time you're 23, that's unheard of surely...

Jeterpool
17-10-2022, 07:35 PM
Chooo chooo!!

Where do I hop off?

The Hacker
18-10-2022, 07:20 PM
Just worked out that Arzani finally completed the full 90 for the 10th time in his career, outside of pre season and friendlies but including cup games.

Imagine playing 10 full games by the time you're 23, that's unheard of surely...

That is mind blowing

belchardo
18-10-2022, 08:20 PM
Yeah, cop it feckers...

https://www.theroar.com.au/2022/10/18/eat-your-words-if-you-wrote-off-daniel-arzani-he-may-be-qatar-bound/

Buddha
19-10-2022, 03:50 PM
The worst journalist on The Roar at it again. Did his best houdini impression in Round 1 and came across a turgid Adelaide team who let him have everything his own way. He goes on to reference Bulls Aus Cup run like he wasnt playing against part timers who were more keen to get on the bag than retaining possession of a different kind

The Dunster
28-10-2022, 06:05 PM
Arzani Statue. Fitting tribute for what he's brought to world football.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/poop-picture-id186825263?s=612x612

Buddha
31-10-2022, 11:02 AM
Daniel "get him on the plane to Qatar" Arzani with a grand total of 1G/A this season which is the same as Connor Pain

Bremsstrahlung
31-10-2022, 12:19 PM
Daniel "get him on the plane to Qatar" Arzani with a grand total of 1G/A this season which is the same as Connor Pain

Well bloody hell, get Connor to Qatar too!