PDA

View Full Version : Socceroos World Cup Campaign - All 11 days of it

MFKS
10-06-2018, 04:03 PM
Rightio

What the starting line up for France??
To me Risdon has to go. He was shite v some novice Hungarian aint going to go better against World class players

To me Rogic cant start.
To me Arzani cant start either
No matter what cunce say they are both best suited to games with space
Considering we aint getting the ball they going to be wasted out there

Same for me with Mooy
Contributes little defensively and letrs be honest we aint playing tiki taka against the French

To me it

Ryan
Degenek
Sainsbury
Jurman
Behich
Jedinak
Luongo
Irvine
Leckie
Nabbout
Juric

I know Kruse Milligan will probably be picked
But both have got to go

Imyourhero
10-06-2018, 04:46 PM
For me (for the France game):

Ryan
Degenak
Sainsbury
Jurman
Behich
Mooy
Jedi
Luongo
Leckie
Petratos
Nabbout

Rogic, Arzani, Juric saved for the other games.
Just let Nabbs run his ass off like he has been lately, hassling people.
Mooy also needs to be given free range to just knock long balls over the top --> let Nabbs, Leckie, Petratos & Luongo run their guts out
Degenak in for Risdon as we saw what a taller athletic bloke with a little flair does to Risdon.
Maclaren or Cahill on for Nabbs. Our best shot is going to be on the counter and praying for mistakes at the back from hassling French blokes, Juric's game is too cruisy for this.

Imyourhero
10-06-2018, 04:47 PM
We are likely to just see the starting side we've had the last 2 games though

StannyCFCJET
16-06-2018, 05:18 PM
Kante has me shitting bricks before the game. Lunongo Mooy and Rogic if thats the midfield 3 are going to have no time on the ball

MFKS
16-06-2018, 05:40 PM
Kante has me shitting bricks before the game. Lunongo Mooy and Rogic if thats the midfield 3 are going to have no time on the ball

That is a huge assumption on your part

The assumption being that besides the numerous kick offs we will be doing that we will get it any other time

If Rogic is starting we might as well go home after this game

This lazy sack of shit wont do much

We might as well play a mman short from kick off

StannyCFCJET
16-06-2018, 06:31 PM
That is a huge assumption on your part

The assumption being that besides the numerous kick offs we will be doing that we will get it any other time

If Rogic is starting we might as well go home after this game

This lazy sack of shit wont do much

We might as well play a mman short from kick off

I agree regaurding Rogic. Never goes looking for the ball always waits for it to come to him. Cant afford a player like that against big national teams

MFKS
16-06-2018, 08:49 PM
Bring on Arzani

This game is ours

belchardo
16-06-2018, 08:53 PM
Nervy at times. Just doing enough at the moment.

belchardo
16-06-2018, 09:15 PM
You just knew it would happen to us.

plague
16-06-2018, 09:16 PM
You just knew it would happen to us.

VAR is our fault.
We deserved to have the footballing Gods spit it back in our face.

belchardo
16-06-2018, 09:20 PM
Thank god for that.

The Dunster
16-06-2018, 09:26 PM
Rogic needs to be hooked. He's lazy and has the touch of a rapist.

The Dunster
16-06-2018, 09:42 PM
Arzani on. If he scores we will need a bucket in the press box.

Jetmaster
16-06-2018, 09:45 PM
No sugar coating....we haven't looked up to it....no shots hardly and just can't keep the ball.

StannyCFCJET
16-06-2018, 09:55 PM
Good result defended well. Need to improve attack. No more rogic plz

The Dunster
16-06-2018, 09:55 PM
France are piss weak. They will be slaughtered by the top nations.

We don't have the technical skills but effort wise i think the lads were brilliant.

I think we can get something out of this group.

MFKS
16-06-2018, 09:56 PM
Just like to point out the incompetence of Mooy

The lazy **** cost us the game by clocking off and not tracking Pogba

Lazy arse ****

Bet you his legion of dumb **** fan boys say little about it though

Games are won and lost on errors and extra efforts

This lazy **** couldnt put the effort in for his country

Jetmaster
16-06-2018, 10:01 PM
Stuff this great effort, bad luck shit....we could have won this with a bit of balls.
Need to step up now...

Frodo
16-06-2018, 10:04 PM

Lazy arse ****

I'd give you that if he had any help. The only other blokes tracking runners all game was Milligan and Sainsbury.

Irvine put in more of a shift when he came on than Jedi did all game.

Mooy was the best player on the park, by a country mile.

Rogic did some decent things but his laziness hurts us in midfield.

Played much better than I expected. I had no faith in making it out of the group. I'm starting to believe that we might luck our way through with a bit of grit and dumb luck.

Imyourhero
16-06-2018, 10:16 PM
Someone name one thing Kruse offered all game
Someone name one thing Juric offered when he came on
Sorry member but Mooy was great, he was a machine all game

plague
16-06-2018, 10:32 PM
Trash:
Jedinak, rogic, kruse.

Good: Nabbout.

Agree with Dunster, on of those hard hitting Sth American teams with a bit more skill than us will eat the French up.

**** the French.

MFKS
16-06-2018, 10:32 PM
Someone name one thing Kruse offered all game
Someone name one thing Juric offered when he came on
Sorry member but Mooy was great, he was a machine all game

His ****ing job as a defensive midfielder is to defend

Bloke gave up on tracking Pogba

Lazy lazy lazy

What I have been saying about him came home to roost

As for what else he gave us??

Care to elaborate??

We barely kept the ****ing ball and every one of his touches was a pass to no where

Most honking player out theree though was Risdon

That **** was Aids

Can some **** explain why he is there at all??

Hoffman is more competent at RB than this clown

plague
16-06-2018, 10:37 PM
Yeah Risdon was mostly trash and Irvine and Luongo need to start next game.

Juric was trash but at least coach didn't resort to throwing Cahill on.

StannyCFCJET
16-06-2018, 10:38 PM
Trash:
Jedinak, rogic, kruse.

Good: Nabbout.

Agree with Dunster, on of those hard hitting Sth American teams with a bit more skill than us will eat the French up.

**** the French.

Nabbout?? I didnt notice him much

MFKS
16-06-2018, 10:39 PM
Yeah Risdon was mostly trash and Irvine and Luongo need to start next game.

Juric was trash but at least coach didn't resort to throwing Cahill on.

What do you mean Risdon was mostly trash??

The **** wouldnt have looked competent in a New FM level game.

Everything he done he ****ed it up

StannyCFCJET
16-06-2018, 10:44 PM

The **** wouldnt have looked competent in a New FM level game.

Everything he done he ****ed it up

We dont have another RB atm and I though Risdon was decent. If our wingers did something on the ball our FBs would have some time to recover their positions instead of constantly being on the back foot

Imyourhero
16-06-2018, 10:50 PM
His ****ing job as a defensive midfielder is to defend

Bloke gave up on tracking Pogba

Lazy lazy lazy

What I have been saying about him came home to roost

As for what else he gave us??

Care to elaborate??

We barely kept the ****ing ball and every one of his touches was a pass to no where

Most honking player out theree though was Risdon

That **** was Aids

Can some **** explain why he is there at all??

Hoffman is more competent at RB than this clown

Go watch again, count his tackles. Bloke won them all night long.

Imyourhero
16-06-2018, 10:51 PM
Talking about Mooy

plague
16-06-2018, 10:51 PM

Cause I had to go to the fridge and get a beer a few times. Didn't see it all

Geez Member priorities and all that.

Frodo
16-06-2018, 11:04 PM
Oi Membah.

We play with 2 defensive midfielders.

One of them made more tackles than the entire french midfield and layed off the ball to a winger, rogic or a full back.

The other scored a penalty.

Mooy didn't track him for the goal but it doesn't take away from how good he was tonite. He definitely didn't lose us the game. It was a deflected shot that cost us the game. Thems the breaks.

Deal with it.

Frodo
16-06-2018, 11:06 PM
Luckily for Risdon he wasn't the worst fullback on display tonite. Hernandez should not be starting in that french side.

Risdon played as well as I expected him to. We just don't have any right backs at this time.

leftrightout
17-06-2018, 03:37 AM
Oi Membah.

One of them made more tackles than the entire french midfield and layed off the ball to a winger, rogic or a full back.

Mooy didn't track him for the goal but it doesn't take away from how good he was tonite. He definitely didn't lose us the game. It was a deflected shot that cost us the game. Thems the breaks.

Deal with it.

Thats just not true, i cant believe you didn't watch closely enough to discount Mooys tackles and realise our whole team is "trash" and/or "aids" (which for the record is a really ****ed up thing to say).

MFKS would have written that exact post regardless of the result or how we played.

Frodo
17-06-2018, 06:55 AM
Thats just not true, i cant believe you didn't watch closely enough to discount Mooys tackles and realise our whole team is "trash" and/or "aids" (which for the record is a really ****ed up thing to say).

MFKS would have written that exact post regardless of the result or how we played.

I may be misreading what your saying here Lefty.

But I don't think any of the Australian players would be good enough to clean boots in that french team. I wasn't Insinuating we played well today. I just thought France were trash more.

Their midfield was terrible today. Pogba was walking around for 60 mins being bypassed by everyone especially his team mates.. Kante had a few little bursts where he went and dealt with danger but for the most part gave us wayyyy too much time to play. (Which I think was a tactic by Deschamps that just didn't work) Tolisso looked like he was making his debut and didn't know the system, which is very much not the case.

We had 1 shot on target all game and I can only think of the free kick flick on from Leckie where we were even in a position to score. A few corners which never caused trouble. So I don't think we "deserved" a draw, France were the better team but we made them work harder than I thought we could for the win.

But in response to what the Membah was saying originally, Mooy did everything he needed to do today for 85 mins of the match. I admit he didn't track Pogboy for the goal but Jedinak didn't offer him any help and neither of the CBs read the danger until it was too late. So I'm calling not entirely his fault and definitely not the only reason we lost the game.

He needs to get a fricking tan tho. My missus was worried he was sick or something when she saw him running around.

MFKS
17-06-2018, 10:17 AM
Oi Membah.

Deal with it.
Firstly Jedinak is a Gypo and shouldnt be there
Too old too slow

The French midfield didnt have to make many tackles because we couldnt keep the ball for long enough so not really a fair comparison

Our team took 45 mins to have a shot
We had a handful of shots the entire game so we werent that much really in it

Reality is we dragged them down to a shit level and nearly got away with a result.

What though cost us big time was Mooy making an error

A trait that is in his game every day.

A trait that his fan boys fail to acknowledge

Bloke has always been lazy defensively. Last night it cost us significantly. He seen Pogba going forward and allowed him to run past him

As for your point about Mooy doing well for 85 mins so his error doesnt detract from the rest of his game.
Pogba done little for 88 mins of the game. Scored a goal provided an assist

Lorius in the UCL final had a good game bar for two 3 second spells

Game goes for 90 mins.

Judge a performance on its entirety

As for the CBs not reacting to Pogba quick enough it isnt their role to step up in that instance. They are to stay where they were and mark and hold position. As a team you rely on your team mates to do their job

Mooy clocked off . Let them all down

Couscous
17-06-2018, 10:56 AM

Lazy arse ****

I'm really disappointed. I didn't realise until now you've just been trolling the whole time.

Imyourhero
17-06-2018, 11:01 AM
Anyone watch the Peru vs Denmark game?
We can beat them.

Frodo
17-06-2018, 11:28 AM
Anyone watch the Peru vs Denmark game?
We can beat them.

Which one?

Denmark were nervous and never got going... but still won. Exactly like France. So let's hope we learnt from that game and improve.

Peru were ferocious and constantly got in behind Denmark. But couldn't beat Casper the friendly Goal keeper. They will carve through us as well but hopefully find a formidable Matty Ryan in there way???

Definite chance of beating both those guys if we play at 110% for 90 minutes. Let's see what the caltex Timmyroos are made of.

Imyourhero
17-06-2018, 11:34 AM
I'll be putting some dollarydoos on those games

Bremsstrahlung
17-06-2018, 03:44 PM
My thoughts may be a little cloudy.
Behich made a few good runs.
Sainsbury and Milligan were surprisingly pretty good at the back. I thought we contained them really well.
How was Leckie not sent off? Early booking cost him his aggression. He plays better defensively if he’s not on a yellow. It felt like there were plenty of fouls he conceded after that yellow, I was waiting for the “consecutive fouls” yellow.

Kruse and Rogic didn’t offer too much. I’d be benching Rogic and bring him on at the death.
Nabs did well with what he had to work with. Always chased and hassled. That’s what we need to do in defence.

Juric may as well have not been there. Hopeless. Irvine should’ve started for me. Arzani quickly found out this is not the a league and evades don’t give you stats.

Thought Mooy was good too. Made some really good tackles and always provides an option.

StannyCFCJET
17-06-2018, 03:47 PM
My thoughts may be a little cloudy.
Behich made a few good runs.
Sainsbury and Milligan were surprisingly pretty good at the back. I thought we contained them really well.
How was Leckie not sent off? Early booking cost him his aggression. He plays better defensively if he’s not on a yellow. It felt like there were plenty of fouls he conceded after that yellow, I was waiting for the “consecutive fouls” yellow.

Kruse and Rogic didn’t offer too much. I’d be benching Rogic and bring him on at the death.
Nabs did well with what he had to work with. Always chased and hassled. That’s what we need to do in defence.

Juric may as well have not been there. Hopeless. Irvine should’ve started for me. Arzani quickly found out this is not the a league and evades don’t give you stats.

Thought Mooy was good too. Made some really good tackles and always provides an option.

Kruse and Rogic dont offer us anything that will get us out of the group IMO Need to penetration and guile of Petratos with Mooy at 10 and Lunogo and Irvine at the base of midfield

17-06-2018, 04:54 PM
Juric and Rogic are dead set donkeys, Have they ever performed to a acceptable level in a national jersey ?. Honk'n plodders both of them

Bremsstrahlung
17-06-2018, 05:17 PM
Could be worse. Troisi missed out.
Bert’s fresh eye over things has been good.
Doubt Petratos or Dimi would be getting a run under Ange or Arnold.

And by Dimi I mean Nabbout

MFKS
17-06-2018, 05:21 PM
Could be worse. Troisi missed out.
Bert’s fresh eye over things has been good.
Doubt Petratos or Dimi would be getting a run under Ange or Arnold.

Thought Petratos and Dimi were the same bloke??

Apparently not

Bremsstrahlung
17-06-2018, 05:36 PM
Oops.

plague
17-06-2018, 05:50 PM
Kosta.

Bon
18-06-2018, 08:40 AM
Some of my thoughts on the game have already been covered by others, but I'll reiterate:
- Risdon... Please piss this bloke off and out of the team.. He's trying, sure, but hes just not good enough..
- Aziz, love the bloke.. Made the odd error, but overall I thought he did quite well.
- Rogic.. No more. Irvine in his place.
- Mooy was great. I don't care what the Membah is blaming him for.
- Nabbout didn't have much to do in an attacking sense, but he ran his arse off the whole time chasing everything down and putting in a big shift defending from the front.. Juric didn't do a tenth of that work.. The only sense I can see in that substitution is if Nabbout was rooted from all the chasing he'd been doing..
- Sainsbury was awesome.. Made some great tackles. (Even though it pains me to say it, as he still has the stench of gypo on him)..

Its disappointing that we didn't get something out of the game. Once again, VAR has left its mark.
If you'd told me before the game that it would finish 2-1, I would have taken it (as I had assumed we would get pumped after how poorly we defended against Hungary)..
Overall, I thought we showed a lot of heart, not a lot of scoring prowess, but I can handle losing when the boys give 100%.. Can't ask for much more than that.

StannyCFCJET
18-06-2018, 11:16 AM
Some of my thoughts on the game have already been covered by others, but I'll reiterate:
- Risdon... Please piss this bloke off and out of the team.. He's trying, sure, but hes just not good enough..
- Aziz, love the bloke.. Made the odd error, but overall I thought he did quite well.
- Rogic.. No more. Irvine in his place.
- Mooy was great. I don't care what the Membah is blaming him for.
- Nabbout didn't have much to do in an attacking sense, but he ran his arse off the whole time chasing everything down and putting in a big shift defending from the front.. Juric didn't do a tenth of that work.. The only sense I can see in that substitution is if Nabbout was rooted from all the chasing he'd been doing..
- Sainsbury was awesome.. Made some great tackles. (Even though it pains me to say it, as he still has the stench of gypo on him)..

Its disappointing that we didn't get something out of the game. Once again, VAR has left its mark.
If you'd told me before the game that it would finish 2-1, I would have taken it (as I had assumed we would get pumped after how poorly we defended against Hungary)..
Overall, I thought we showed a lot of heart, not a lot of scoring prowess, but I can handle losing when the boys give 100%.. Can't ask for much more than that.

Risdon is the only RB we have

Jeterpool
18-06-2018, 11:36 AM

Degenek can't play there?

StannyCFCJET
18-06-2018, 11:54 AM
Degenek can't play there?

But he isnt a natural RB and im not comfortable having people out of position in defence. ( Yes I realisewMiligan isnt a CB and would rather Jurman there myself as well.)

halo se7en
18-06-2018, 03:04 PM
Lucas Neill to come in and atone for 2006?

MFKS
18-06-2018, 03:55 PM

Might as well have a traffic cone

Serious question

How bad are we going if he is the best RB in the country??

It should be pointed out Fullback is a specialist position
We need to actual treat it as such and stop having ****wit coaches like GVE sticking Pepper there trying make them a Full back
Same with the ****s and Cowburn
We also need to stop ****wit coaches playing Broxham and Nigro at Fullback in a GF winning side

Is it any wonder our stocks are that low when the coaches are doing this shit ??

StannyCFCJET
18-06-2018, 03:59 PM
Might as well have a traffic cone

Serious question

How bad are we going if he is the best RB in the country??

It should be pointed out Fullback is a specialist position
We need to actual treat it as such and stop having ****wit coaches like GVE sticking Pepper there trying make them a Full back
We also need to stop ****wit coaches playing Broxham and Nigro at Fullback in a GF winning side

Is it any wonder our stocks are that low when the coaches are doing this shit ??

No young player wants to play FB

plague
18-06-2018, 04:40 PM

Remember when we stunk and had no midfield and GVE played Brilliante back there so then Brilliante left because why would you put up with such disrespect.

Those were the days.

Anyway the counter point is always Marcello being an actual #10 but Madrid and Brazil ran out of shirts so they are like "here, you're still a #10 but you gotta stand back there and do it".

StannyCFCJET
18-06-2018, 04:55 PM
Remember when we stunk and had no midfield and GVE played Brilliante back there so then Brilliante left because why would you put up with such disrespect.

Those were the days.

Anyway the counter point is always Marcello being an actual #10 but Madrid and Brazil ran out of shirts so they are like "here, you're still a #10 but you gotta stand back there and do it".

Marcelo is actually a fantastic defender though

MFKS
18-06-2018, 05:12 PM

Umm this is the job of these high performance coaches to actually pick these kids talents and strengths and put them in their most suitable roles going forward

plague
18-06-2018, 05:15 PM
Marcelo is actually a fantastic defender though

thank you for your service.

plague
18-06-2018, 05:19 PM
Umm this is the job of these high performance coaches to actually pick these kids talents and strengths and put them in their most suitable roles going forward

Plague jnrs team was smashing thses poor jamokes on sunday so the coach put the 2 best players at right and left back to 'seemingly' take it easy except it just gave the 2 best players more time and room to pick the other team apart and they scored more goals as a consequence.
Coach kind of said afterwards, he wasnt used to footballers playing back there.

kind of a funny comment, kind of a sad comment that we just try and find the fastest bloke in a straight line to play there.

Seems that Marcello and Dani Alves have taught us nothing.

StannyCFCJET
18-06-2018, 05:33 PM
Plague jnrs team was smashing thses poor jamokes on sunday so the coach put the 2 best players at right and left back to 'seemingly' take it easy except it just gave the 2 best players more time and room to pick the other team apart and they scored more goals as a consequence.

kind of a funny comment, kind of a sad comment that we just try and find the fastest bloke in a straight line to play there.

From my few years playing it's always the worse players who play FB (myself included)

MFKS
18-06-2018, 06:34 PM

When you look at Alves and Marcelo they are gun attacking weapons playing at fullback

Talking to a guy who played wide attacker who got moved back to fullback last year and he loves it.

Gets to see the game more

Gets involved more

Similar role but he comes in selectively and late

The fast kids dont play full back though

The kids who cant kick a ball play there
The bigger kid with a decent kick and no skills plays central defence
The better talented kids play midfield
The quick kids go up front

plague
18-06-2018, 08:05 PM
When you look at Alves and Marcelo they are gun attacking weapons playing at fullback

i know right. what a weird concept. its almost as if someone set the example and no one else in the whole wide world can see the damn thing.

imagine if Australia developed a similar philosophy.

plague
18-06-2018, 08:06 PM
From my few years playing it's always the worse players who play FB (myself included)

so youre saying we should put trashboy Arzani there?

MFKS
18-06-2018, 08:47 PM
i know right. what a weird concept. its almost as if someone set the example and no one else in the whole wide world can see the damn thing.

imagine if Australia developed a similar philosophy.

But we following a different philosophy

Dutch Mango Sucking Philosophy

We could have picked the French Spanish Germans Argies Brazillians etc

But we pick a country that cant even make a 24 team Euros FFS where even shit teams like Italy and Nth Ireland qualified let alone a World Cup

Go figure that

We still trying to play wide wingers standing wide when the ball is on the opposite side of the pitch and they no hope of getting the ball coupled with the 500000 passes to no one as we are eliminating dribbling and skill from the repetoire whilst also downgrading our physical prowess just because it doesnt fit into the Dutch dogma

Couscous
19-06-2018, 02:50 AM
stop having ****wit coaches like GVE sticking Pepper there trying make them a Full back

Farque off. Who else should have played there (in that squad)?

Exactly.

It's stupid, but most Australian coaches at junior levels play their worst players at fullback. (The worst players, insofar as those players need to be on the pitch at all, should be on the wing or striking.)

Frodo
22-06-2018, 07:47 AM
I'd say we have already over achieved with that draw. I'm shocked we look hard to beat, I thought we would have been carved up through channels by the Euro guys so to concede 3 is ok for mine.

So far the best part has been knowing that Timmy is crying on the bench hoping to get the chance before he retires to get on the pitch and get one more.... yellow card! Lol.

Macca
22-06-2018, 08:54 AM
I think Bert got it right post match when he said we should have been on 4 points at this stage.
France game we didn't offer a lot but were stubborn in defence.
Last night we put on a performance and were well worth 3 points, a touch of quality up front and we win that game. But still very enjoyable to watch.

Imyourhero
22-06-2018, 10:28 AM
I think our position and performances reflect our team. Plenty of solid players who give it their all but we just lack that extra quality in finishing.

plague
22-06-2018, 11:06 AM
Not a great deal of love being shown to Bert on how fantastic a job hes done.

With the limited time and lack of quality, not to mention the media only asking him about 2 players, he has def overachieved.

Good on him.

StannyCFCJET
22-06-2018, 11:10 AM
Not a great deal of love being shown to Bert on how fantastic a job hes done.

With the limited time and lack of quality, not to mention the media only asking him about 2 players, he has def overachieved.

Good on him.

Yeah we look super organised and are playing like we belong at a WC super stuff. Under Ange we wouldve been stuffed by France and Denmark

MFKS
22-06-2018, 12:11 PM
Yeah we look super organised and are playing like we belong at a WC super stuff. Under Ange we wouldve been stuffed by France and Denmark

Bullshit

Same Ange who had us play without fear and didnt disgrace ouselves with a far weaker squad in Brazil v Chile Holland and Spain??

StannyCFCJET
22-06-2018, 12:24 PM
Bullshit

Same Ange who had us play without fear and didnt disgrace ouselves with a far weaker squad in Brazil v Chile Holland and Spain??

Ange wasnt playing a back 3 in Brazil he wouldve been now big difference

Frodo
22-06-2018, 12:32 PM

This squad looks very much like Ange's squad. Van Bommels uncle hasn't really changed much about what we do other then playing Nabbout up top. We are still slow in transition and really don't have the quality to win games based on possession and skill.

We are solid enough defensively and we jag shitty goals when they come about. Nothing wrong with that.

BVW hasn't ruined anything and has maybe added a bit of belief that they aren't as bad and some of the guys on the Newcastle Jets Forum believe they are. Well done to him, but Ange still built this team which is 'just good enough' to make the world cup.

StannyCFCJET
22-06-2018, 12:35 PM
This squad looks very much like Ange's squad. Van Bommels uncle hasn't really changed much about what we do other then playing Nabbout up top. We are still slow in transition and really don't have the quality to win games based on possession and skill.

We are solid enough defensively and we jag shitty goals when they come about. Nothing wrong with that.

BVW hasn't ruined anything and has maybe added a bit of belief that they aren't as bad and some of the guys on the Newcastle Jets Forum believe they are. Well done to him, but Ange still built this team which is 'just good enough' to make the world cup.

Yeah but we hadn't looked good defensively under Ange since the Asian Cup we do now for the most part

MFKS
22-06-2018, 12:36 PM
Ange wasnt playing a back 3 in Brazil he wouldve been now big difference

Back 3
Back 5
Back 4

Really dont mean a lot

The term back 3 really is a back 5 when you are defending but dont lket that bother you that reality

Not that it mattered much but against France we played a Back 8 with Rogic lost and Nabbout headless chooking it

So formations are really neither here nor there

StannyCFCJET
22-06-2018, 01:50 PM
Back 3
Back 5
Back 4

Really dont mean a lot

The term back 3 really is a back 5 when you are defending but dont lket that bother you that reality

Not that it mattered much but against France we played a Back 8 with Rogic lost and Nabbout headless chooking it

But we looked rubbish under ange past 6 months and now under bert we look decent again. Change of systems plays a big part

Macca
22-06-2018, 02:04 PM
But we looked rubbish under ange past 6 months and now under bert we look decent again. Change of systems plays a big part

Nothing at all to do with the opposition hey. "Looking decent" against France meant not getting our asses handed to us and defending most of the game.

We played well last night cause we were playing against a team who also came to play, not like most of the teams in qualifying who are happy to play like we did against France. The game last night was very open with lots of space in midfield and lots of opportunities for fast attacks with room in behind defenders - how often was this the case against the teams Ange played? Notice that when it did happen (2014 WC, Confed cup), we looked good again?

MFKS
23-06-2018, 12:05 PM
So what is the go with this #SaveRobbieKruse stuff??

I aint seeing much criticism other than he has a honking first touch no end product shouldnt be playing and does he have blackmail photos on someone to get selection

Which really are fair and balanced points

Jetmaster
23-06-2018, 12:47 PM
Just watched one of Nigeria's goals and the first Swiss one.

This World Cup shows the value of having 2-3 players who can either shoot on sight or touch and shoot quickly.

The whole campaign we have never had that.

Frodo
23-06-2018, 06:26 PM
Just watched one of Nigeria's goals and the first Swiss one.

This World Cup shows the value of having 2-3 players who can either shoot on sight or touch and shoot quickly.

The whole campaign we have never had that.

Ahmed Musa showed us what we need up top with out system. Ran and ran and ran and when he got a wiff he took a touch close to his body and put some power behind it. 2nd goal was good too.

Jetmaster
23-06-2018, 07:19 PM
Ahmed Musa showed us what we need up top with out system. Ran and ran and ran and when he got a wiff he took a touch close to his body and put some power behind it. 2nd goal was good too.

That was the one...close to my goal if the tournament so far.

Imagine Kruse or Juric with that chance.

Bremsstrahlung
26-06-2018, 02:15 AM
Tim Cahill just posted a training video. Given his track record with training videos. He’s getting some time tomorrow

Bremsstrahlung
26-06-2018, 04:22 AM
Here we Goooo!
Was trying to look at Socceroos news and came across the headlines....

“Pick Cahill or Pay the price”
“Why Cahill is key to beating Peru”
“Bert must pick Cahill”

Bremsstrahlung
26-06-2018, 06:27 AM
Now they have the video on their pages saying this is the type of skill we need to beat Peru. We will rename the Nutmeg the Cahill.

leftrightout
26-06-2018, 08:25 AM
Back 3
Back 5
Back 4

Really dont mean a lot

MFKS, i don't give you a lot of credit but that is probably the most sensible thing you have said in a long time.
Formations are completely adaptable due to the circumstance. Football is not playing with a formation set on a piece of paper.

Your summary of Rogic and Nabbout are also perfect!

Now get back to your normal delusional state please. I don't like agreeing with you, its much more fun the other way!

belchardo
26-06-2018, 12:32 PM
i have a terrible feeling that we are going to win 1-0, denmark lose 1-0 and we miss out either because of a silly leckie yellow or even worse on the drawing of lots.

goaliepersempre
26-06-2018, 02:37 PM
early knockoff today at work (2:30pm) to get to the pub and watch the game

plague
26-06-2018, 03:05 PM
Here we Goooo!
Was trying to look at Socceroos news and came across the headlines....

“Bert must pick Cahill”

If Bert sits him the whole game then its settled that cahill is only there as part of Berts contract as mandated by the Double-Eff-Aye.

At which point i will love Bert with all my heart for ever and ever.

halo se7en
26-06-2018, 04:25 PM
i have a terrible feeling that we are going to win 1-0, denmark lose 1-0 and we miss out either because of a silly leckie yellow or even worse on the drawing of lots.

With those results, wouldn't we get through having scored more goals?

MFKS
26-06-2018, 04:28 PM
MFKS, i don't give you a lot of credit but that is probably the most sensible thing you have said in a long time.
Formations are completely adaptable due to the circumstance. Football is not playing with a formation set on a piece of paper.

Your summary of Rogic and Nabbout are also perfect!

Now get back to your normal delusional state please. I don't like agreeing with you, its much more fun the other way!

Sorry

belchardo
26-06-2018, 08:40 PM
With those results, wouldn't we get through having scored more goals?

do they? second week into the world cup, brain is starting to let me down from lack of sleep.

Jetmaster
26-06-2018, 09:39 PM
Moot point....Denmark won't lose.

The pain....the pain...

MFKS
26-06-2018, 09:43 PM
Moot point....Denmark won't lose.

The pain....the pain...

I less worried about that

I think France will towel them by 2 to 3 goals

I think Australia will struggle to beat Peru though

To be honest Peru have been pretty unlucky v Denmark and France

goaliepersempre
26-06-2018, 10:19 PM
yewww finished work for the day... now off to the pub / live site for the game at 4pm

MFKS
26-06-2018, 10:36 PM
Same starting line up except Nabbout replaced by Donkey Juric up front

****ing joke really

26-06-2018, 10:39 PM
Juric wouldn't break in to a sweat to save himself, We are doomed.

Imyourhero
26-06-2018, 11:34 PM
Yeah we're f***ed

belchardo
26-06-2018, 11:53 PM
not confident.

and foster is a nob. jesus, invoking the spirit of ned kelly. :wanker:

mic22
26-06-2018, 11:53 PM
The idea that Arzani will get a chance, while Dimi will sit on the bench kinda hurts...

belchardo
26-06-2018, 11:54 PM
plague will be happy, bash and moorey back in commentary.

belchardo
26-06-2018, 11:56 PM
30 degrees, 70% humidity. glad i'm not playing!

plague
27-06-2018, 12:00 AM
“Bert must pick Cahill”

Doesn't Cahill have a commercial partnership with News Ltd via his Foxtel deal?

That may go some way explaining why every News ltd paper today had a front page dedicated to him.

belchardo
27-06-2018, 12:12 AM
peru have a great kit. would look great in blue with a gold sash.

boz-monaut
27-06-2018, 12:18 AM
and that's it, we're out

belchardo
27-06-2018, 12:18 AM
what a finish.

plague
27-06-2018, 12:20 AM
Great hit.

plague
27-06-2018, 12:23 AM
Geez I'd love to know how many times Jedinak touches the ball in attack. Bloke never gets space, is never open, never presents for the ball.

Just stands there all ****ing useless and shit.

plague
27-06-2018, 12:25 AM
Also, I dont want to get too excited, but Leckie looks like hes warming up to some peak Leckie tonight.

What a farewell gift it would be to all the travelling fans.

belchardo
27-06-2018, 12:28 AM
rogic all over. fantastic control, shoots straight at the keeper.

plague
27-06-2018, 12:33 AM
rogic all over. fantastic control, shoots straight at the keeper.

Ignores open man........

Jetmaster
27-06-2018, 12:34 AM
Same old, same old....no quality in the final third.

boz-monaut
27-06-2018, 12:35 AM
and there we saw it, Kruse's good thing for the tournament, wasted by Leckie

MFKS
27-06-2018, 12:40 AM
So a game with this much time in midfield and we have Gypo Jedinak and Mooy taking 4000 touches and we keep the slow tempo going

Hook them both FFS

Rather watch trash boy

weston
27-06-2018, 12:41 AM
Ignores open man........

To be fair..... I wouldn't pass to Juric either

belchardo
27-06-2018, 12:53 AM
why do they keep banging on about offside? the last touch is off sainsbury - doesn't that make him onside?

belchardo
27-06-2018, 12:55 AM
and it is laughable thinking that cahill, who has played something like 15 minutes in 15 matches, is up for a long stint.

weston
27-06-2018, 12:58 AM
why do they keep banging on about offside? the last touch is off sainsbury - doesn't that make him onside?

I gave up trying to understand the offside rule. Once upon a time he was offside whether Sainsbury touches it or not. From my experiences from playing 3rd grade Mackay football this year, they seem to agree with the ruling on which you have said and Sainsbury touching it plays him back onside.

But I don't know. I think it should be offside but I'm not 100% sure on the wording so whatever. I assume VAR checked it over and VAR is perfect and doesn't make mistakes, ever, so it must be right.

MFKS
27-06-2018, 01:01 AM

He was offside for the initial ball

So he should have been flagged when the ball was played forward towards him

Thst Gypo touched the ball is only because he was there

So not passive offside

Neither here nor there the decision

We dont deserve to be winning this game

Kruse Mooy Rogic Juric Leckie Jedinak

These guys are frauds at this level

halo se7en
27-06-2018, 01:05 AM
I thought Rogic played pretty well in the first half. We need a spark or two though. The ball clearly doesn’t want to go in.

belchardo
27-06-2018, 01:08 AM
might as well go to bed now.

halo se7en
27-06-2018, 01:10 AM
And we’re done.

mic22
27-06-2018, 01:11 AM
Another unlucky deflection... but also a lesson in football:
Australia: 7837465 passes completed - 0 goals
Peru: 3 passes completed - 2 goals

plague
27-06-2018, 01:11 AM
and it is laughable thinking that cahill, who has played something like 15 minutes in 15 matches, is up for a long stint.

Oh, on the contrary.
Cahill is by far the biggest 'winner' for Australia this WC.

Everything now revolves around 'what could Tim have done'. The bloke wins without raising a sweat

Good for his 'brand'

weston
27-06-2018, 01:12 AM
No pressure Timmy

belchardo
27-06-2018, 01:17 AM
we got the dream team now. peru are farked.

MFKS
27-06-2018, 01:18 AM

But it was shitful defending

Milligan Sainsbury were ****ing woefully out of position

We also had DMs who clocked off

The deflection hides the shit before it

plague
27-06-2018, 01:21 AM
Goalie has been poor all tournament.

Jetmaster
27-06-2018, 01:22 AM
Kill Moore please....

MFKS
27-06-2018, 01:23 AM
Goalie has been poor all tournament.

I agree

Doesnt really ever make saves for us

We keep the ball away from him for the most part

When it goes near him he has saved nothing

Imyourhero
27-06-2018, 01:32 AM
I mostly just feel bad for Luongo.
He must be fuming.

MFKS
27-06-2018, 01:32 AM
**** BVM

These cunce havent looked like scoring from open play

So he keeps picking the same cunce over and over again

****ing idiot

No Luongo
No Dimi
No Maclaren

No goals

westjet
27-06-2018, 01:41 AM
Wish someone would tell moore to stop saying its all about luck. No its about not having quality players who can take advantage of opponents mistakes like they have taken advantage of our mistakes.

weston
27-06-2018, 01:45 AM
Can any of these cunce shoot??? **** me dead.

Imyourhero
27-06-2018, 01:46 AM
Are we scared of shooting?

Jetmaster
27-06-2018, 01:46 AM
Can any of these cunce shoot??? **** me dead.

Can our fullbacks cross?

halo se7en
27-06-2018, 01:49 AM
With France’s game heading for a 0-0 draw, it seems it was all for nought anyway.

weston
I suppose they tried hard and had no luck. Not their fault. What time are the participation awards on???

Jetmaster
And was there a single game in this campaign where we can think...."geez we played well"?

The Hacker
27-06-2018, 01:54 AM
**** BVM

These cunce havent looked like scoring from open play

So he keeps picking the same cunce over and over again

****ing idiot

No Luongo
No Dimi
No Maclaren

No goals

+1 you add old legs like Milligan. That was negative football at its best. We had 1 idea and no plan B

Jetmaster
27-06-2018, 01:56 AM
Arnie's up.

Meet the new boss....same as the old boss.

MFKS
27-06-2018, 01:58 AM
Arnie's up.

Meet the new boss....same as the old boss.

It a sobering thought

The new bloke is even more clueless than BVM

27-06-2018, 01:58 AM

So Matt Ryan has the most touches of any keeper at the world cup. Kinda sums up everything about Australian Football over the last 10 years and the particular influences we have had in that time.

The Hacker
27-06-2018, 02:01 AM
I would rather be pumped 4-0 and have a real dig and be aggressive at goal than that effort and lose 2-0

Jetmaster
27-06-2018, 02:03 AM
Johnny A with the truth bombs...."we cant score goals".

27-06-2018, 02:08 AM
Han Berger and those incompetents at FFA HQ who endorsed his influence over Football in this country have a lot to answer for.

Jetmaster
27-06-2018, 02:10 AM
Lucy..."how can anybody be happy going out like that"?
The recriminations begin.

The Hacker
27-06-2018, 02:17 AM
Im with Craig Foster be braver and back ourselves to put the opposition under pressure and have a dig

27-06-2018, 02:34 AM
Im with Craig Foster be braver and back ourselves to put the opposition under pressure and have a dig

Problem is we have had a curriculum in place for the last 10 years where that instinct to back ourselves has been coached out of players in favor of winning possession stats.

redwah
27-06-2018, 06:38 AM
How Tom Juric has a job as a professional footballer is beyond belief...both the goals last night came from Peru being able to take their time and play the ball from the back because Juric applied zero pressure on their back 4 and dm all game. The most running he did was when he was subbed off.

If nabbout is the number 1 striker for this tournament and is actually a winger, and Juric is 2nd, Cahill 3rd.....and if I remember correctly that Taggart was the only Aussie striker to play in the a league last season...were the **** are we going to find goals from over the next few years.....It’s glowingly obvious that we lack quality up front and I can’t see a way out.

baldrick
27-06-2018, 07:18 AM
How Tom Juric has a job as a professional footballer is beyond belief...both the goals last night came from Peru being able to take their time and play the ball from the back because Juric applied zero pressure on their back 4 and dm all game. The most running he did was when he was subbed off.

If nabbout is the number 1 striker for this tournament and is actually a winger, and Juric is 2nd, Cahill 3rd.....and if I remember correctly that Taggart was the only Aussie striker to play in the a league last season...were the **** are we going to find goals from over the next few years.....It’s glowingly obvious that we lack quality up front and I can’t see a way out.

I hate to agree with Red, but I agree with Red..

Jeterpool
27-06-2018, 08:23 AM
I've read a post on facebook by WolfMan and he said that Bert probably saved Tim from himself - as Plague has put it, it's about what Timmy could have done not what he failed to do at the World Cup. I hope he posts it in here.

For how bad the Saudis were in their opening 2 games, they still finish with more points in their respective group. Iran managed a win and a draw. Japan have 4 points with a game to play. South Korea have their chance too, though I don't think they'll get a result. People will suggest that we played better football than them, but did we really? We scored 2 penalties - one which was dubious and debatable and I still think we got lucky. We lack a striker and that bit of guile up top and unless we find one in the next short while we are going to struggle to get out of the group let alone retain the Asian cup.

Now looking ahead with Arnie - who will be in his starting XI? I reckon he starts Juric still, given his history with big tall focal point strikers like Janko and Bobo. He will have two chasing midfielders so I guess Jedinak could be dropped for maybe someone like Irvine or Luongo (who I am disappointed we didn't get to see) beside Mooy. The rest I haven't quite figured out. I'd be interested in others thoughts.

And I agree with the Member. Our national cirriculum isn't producing what we need. The big question is how we can tweak it to start producing players. Perhaps once everyone in the background stops their shitfighting it mightmake it onto an agenda for discussion.

Jeterpool
27-06-2018, 08:26 AM
Also had a chuckle last night listening to Basheer. As Mooy stood over a freekick late on he said "they've got the right man over the ball. Now they need the right man on the end of it. We know who that is." Alluding obviously to Cahill. Yet I found myself thinking "Yeah he needs to find Jedinak or the hand of the opposition. That's the only way we can score"

halo se7en
27-06-2018, 08:44 AM
Juric was utterly hopeless. Why not give McLaren a go? We had nothing to lose. I was shouting for Cahill to come on just to see the back of Juric if nothing else.

Mooy & Rogic's ridiculously slow decision making and passing is starting to wear thin too. Our ball movement is so slow and the off the ball movement seems non-existent. So many problems to list, I cbf really. At least when I go to the U.S in 2026, most of this year's squad will surely be gone.

The Dunster
27-06-2018, 08:58 AM
A lot of talk about Arzani and yet none about Dimi who actually knows how to put the ball in the back of the net.

Arzani is nowhere near the quality of Nathan Burns at the same age. So hearing comparisons to someone like Kewell is just ridiculous.

Overall the a-league provides a good living for sub par footballers. Great for them but detrimental to the development of the national team. Back in the day you had to be world class to make a good living now you don't.

redwah
27-06-2018, 09:09 AM
I've read a post on facebook by WolfMan and he said that Bert probably saved Tim from himself - as Plague has put it, it's about what Timmy could have done not what he failed to do at the World Cup. I hope he posts it in here.

For how bad the Saudis were in their opening 2 games, they still finish with more points in their respective group. Iran managed a win and a draw. Japan have 4 points with a game to play. South Korea have their chance too, though I don't think they'll get a result. People will suggest that we played better football than them, but did we really? We scored 2 penalties - one which was dubious and debatable and I still think we got lucky. We lack a striker and that bit of guile up top and unless we find one in the next short while we are going to struggle to get out of the group let alone retain the Asian cup.

Now looking ahead with Arnie - who will be in his starting XI? I reckon he starts Juric still, given his history with big tall focal point strikers like Janko and Bobo. He will have two chasing midfielders so I guess Jedinak could be dropped for maybe someone like Irvine or Luongo (who I am disappointed we didn't get to see) beside Mooy. The rest I haven't quite figured out. I'd be interested in others thoughts.

And I agree with the Member. Our national cirriculum isn't producing what we need. The big question is how we can tweak it to start producing players. Perhaps once everyone in the background stops their shitfighting it mightmake it onto an agenda for discussion.

The national curriculum was always going to fail..the Dutch system is based on clubs at the top having massive funds to put into junior development...this is something we we never do in this country. The “golden generation” and the ones that camee before were based around young guys, 16,17,18yos playing first team football in the national league or against men in the reserves....the lack of that serious competition at that age is what has harmed us. The a league has squads of what 25 players...so at least 9-10 players sit in the stands in their nice suits every week....screw that how are these guys meant to improve or push the starters or how are kids that are good at 16 supposed to push and improve more if they aren’t getting a good kicking from a seasoned pro every week....
The FFA need to rethink the whole process and look at better and more rigorous pathways for young guys.

Jeterpool
27-06-2018, 12:18 PM
What is people's assessments on the campaign?

Did we underachieve, meet or exceed expectations?

redwah
27-06-2018, 12:30 PM

Considering we struggled to make it, we relied on penalties and goals from a 38yo to make it we should really be happy we weren’t spanked by all three opponents. I think Ange shouldn’t be forgiven for abandoning the post when he did. I think the system and pathways through the a league for younger players needs to be looked at closely....while ever rugby league and afl exist they will have more funds and the top level “athletes” go to those codes we will be alsorans......unless some kid is actually the next Messi/ ronaldo.

StannyCFCJET
27-06-2018, 12:35 PM
The fact that it was the same subs everytime reguardless of performances is pathetic and makes me angry. Dimi and Jamie Mac may have gotten us goals but wernt given a try neither was Luongo

plague
27-06-2018, 12:55 PM

We failed.
End.

halo se7en
27-06-2018, 01:13 PM
Didn’t fail as hard as I expected, but in hindsight I’m disappointed BVM didn’t get a bit more creative with selections/subs. A result against the Danes was key and we just came up short. Glad not to be facing Croatia though.

MFKS
27-06-2018, 02:36 PM
Glad not to be facing Croatia though.

So you would rather we went out at the group stage rather than progressed to the Rd16

That good thinking

Need you running the country with logic like that

The Hacker
27-06-2018, 05:26 PM

I think a little of each. If at the start you said that we would stick with Fance and Denmark all the way you would of taken that considering how scratchy we were in qualifying.So for that we over achieved.
By not winning a game that probably meet expectations.
Where we underachieved is we stuck with France and Denmark but when we had the opportunity to be brave and really go at both teams we didn't and that was disappointing part

The Dunster
27-06-2018, 05:53 PM
I have Uruguay in the sweep why would I care about Australia not getting though to the group stage ?

Jetmaster
27-06-2018, 08:37 PM
We have no mongrel...you could see our front three just give up trying on occassions when it got too hard.

If we had Berisha and Roy up front we would have got goals.

halo se7en
27-06-2018, 09:05 PM
So you would rather we went out at the group stage rather than progressed to the Rd16

That good thinking

Need you running the country with logic like that

Yes because that’s exactly what I said.

plague
28-06-2018, 08:39 PM
how many other teams actually got worse from game 1 to game 3.

Because Australia def did.

So many teams lifted for their 3rd game even if they had no hope (hello Sth Korea) in hell of getting through.

we got worse.

Jeterpool
29-06-2018, 08:23 AM

So many teams lifted for their 3rd game even if they had no hope (hello Sth Korea) in hell of getting through.

we got worse.

Egypt?

Bremsstrahlung
02-07-2018, 03:52 AM

we got worse.

South Korea had the incentive they may avoid military service with a respectable performance.
Though missing out on Round of 16, defeating the “World Cup Champions” gives them a bit of leverage.

StannyCFCJET
02-07-2018, 10:17 AM

we got worse.

Only worse as in didnt score a VAR pen. Played just as average as we had all tournament

plague
11-07-2018, 08:46 PM
ok, do you want to see exactly whats wrong with football coverage in this country. I present to you all this garbage.

Enjoy.

We rated each player on their performances across all three matches:

GK Mat Ryan, B -- Beaten by some outstanding and lucky strikes, Ryan was not to blame for conceding any of the goals Australia allowed, while his ability to help the team by playing out from the back was a joy to watch.

DF Aziz Behich, B+ -- The 27-year-old claimed the left-back spot for the foreseeable future with his energetic performances. His positioning in defence was excellent and he was a willing body in attack.

DF Mark Milligan, C+ -- Not the way the veteran wanted to go out. His defending and passing was timid at times, likely because his favoured position is in midfield. But he played admirably despite having to spend time exclusively in defence.

DF Trent Sainsbury, B+ -- The matches against France and Denmark highlighted why Sainsbury will be captain under incoming coach Graham Arnold in the not-too-distant future. Though he was caught out a little against Peru, his reputation certainly increased as a result of this tournament. A move to a bigger club than Jiangsu Suning surely beckons.

DF Josh Risdon, B- -- Looked particularly nervous when faced with the might of France, but Risdon slowly grew into the tournament and was clearly one of Australia's most improved players.

MF Aaron Mooy, B -- Showing glimpses of quality on both sides of the ball, the Huddersfield man would benefit from elevating his game at a bigger club. That move could well come soon, with rumours of a Manchester City buy-back in the cards.

MF Mile Jedinak, B -- Slotted home two penalties -- Australia's only goals at the tournament -- showing the poise and strength one would hope for from a captain. His passing was a touch wayward at times, but his value to this team was evident.

MF Tom Rogic, B- -- Australia's most frustrating player showed how he can dazzle when given some space against Peru, but it was arguably too little, too late by that point. The Celtic playmaker needs to find a way to make an impact, even when the style of the game isn't to his liking.

MF Robbie Kruse, B- -- The winger came in for some appalling criticism during the tournament as things got personal. That aside, his position in the starting Xi is now in serious doubt with Arzani on the scene.

MF Mathew Leckie, B -- Inconsistency ruined his World Cup. After turning in an epic performance against Denmark, the winger lacked any of that dynamism with survival on the line against Peru. His status could also be under threat if Arnold shakes up the formation (unless he is willing to play as a right-back).

FW Andrew Nabbout, B+ -- The Urawa Reds striker worked as hard as anybody before being forced off with a dislocated shoulder in the second game. He could be out for up to six months, which would be a huge blow for the player and the national team. One to watch in 2019.

FW Tomi Juric, C -- Russia 2018 was, quite simply, not a good time for Juric. After battling back from a knee injury just to make the squad, he never looked comfortable and did little to help the team.

FW Tim Cahill, B -- Made only one appearance off the bench, but played with his characteristic swagger, causing the Peruvian defenders to become nervous. Sad to see the legend depart the international stage on a sour note.

MF Jackson Irvine, B- -- Worked hard in three cameo appearances off the bench. However, his playing time did not really allow him to have much impact on any match.

MF Daniel Arzani, A- -- A new star of Australian football has been born -- maybe. The Melbourne City teenager showed so much potential, particularly against Denmark in a stunning second-half display, but now the challenge will be to continue his rise and take a starting position.

halo se7en
11-07-2018, 09:14 PM
Where’s that from plague? Awful lot of B’s in there for a team that didn’t win a game, and didn’t score a goal from open play. Admittedly we didn’t get smashed by anyone, but that shouldn’t be the aim.

plague
11-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Where’s that from plague? Awful lot of B’s in there for a team that didn’t win a game, and didn’t score a goal from open play. Admittedly we didn’t get smashed by anyone, but that shouldn’t be the aim.

ESPN, but to be fair its pretty much the general consensus of all media in this country.
its like they had their minds made up before the games were even played.

Bremsstrahlung
11-07-2018, 09:32 PM
When I was in Russia, I was talking to a guy on the overnight train. And when I said I was Australian, he said ahhhh, Arzani!?
Kid has potential. But is nothing out of the ordinary right now.
We are just shocked because we are used to wingers that never attack their defender.

I think behich is maybe the only one that can say he had a good tournament. The others all went missing or didn’t reach the level needed.
I mean, realistically, we were up against it on paper, rankings and everything.
Probabaly did as 90% of the World expected.

We look to the future and hopefully learn from previous mistakes. .

The Dunster
11-07-2018, 10:04 PM
Arzani is trash.

StannyCFCJET
11-07-2018, 10:30 PM
ok, do you want to see exactly whats wrong with football coverage in this country. I present to you all this garbage.

Enjoy.

How does any of our players besides maybe GK Sainsbury and our FBs have get anything over a C. We scored jack all and struggled to create anything

StannyCFCJET
11-07-2018, 10:31 PM
When I was in Russia, I was talking to a guy on the overnight train. And when I said I was Australian, he said ahhhh, Arzani!?
Kid has potential. But is nothing out of the ordinary right now.
We are just shocked because we are used to wingers that never attack their defender.

I think behich is maybe the only one that can say he had a good tournament. The others all went missing or didn’t reach the level needed.
I mean, realistically, we were up against it on paper, rankings and everything.
Probabaly did as 90% of the World expected.

We look to the future and hopefully learn from previous mistakes. .

You just summed up everything wrong with Australian Football atm

MFKS
11-07-2018, 10:37 PM
ESPN, but to be fair its pretty much the general consensus of all media in this country.
its like they had their minds made up before the games were even played.

Thats a big statement there

They had their minbds made up??

Between them the football media in this country are lucky to have one new idea between them a season

Seriously they are pathetic

Just one big circle jerk of back slapping staying in the clique going on

FFS Lowy Gallop and co give them more than enough ammo to really ask some serious questions of theor running of the game

And the cunce dont say a word

FFA currently causing problem after problem with the code and they not even holding them to account

MFKS
11-07-2018, 10:41 PM
You just summed up everything wrong with Australian Football atm

That is because the Dutch Mango suckers philosophy is possession

They dont believe in beating players with deception
They dont believe in beating players with running off the ball
They dont believe in beating players by bypassing numnerous players with a longer ball
They dont believe in beating players with improverisation

They only believe a structured formation and in moving the ball side to side and retaining possession looking for a hole because someone doesnt hold his position