PDA

View Full Version : Future street dance champion signs with the Jets Dance Team

pistolpete
23-08-2012, 08:28 PM
My awesome daughter auditioned for the Jets Dance Team and just found out she was successful. Very proud Dad right here. Plus we get two more free tickets as we had already purchased our season memberships

sammydog
23-08-2012, 08:48 PM
Congrats mate.

Another proud dad here. My little girl snuck into minimum age by 2 days. Came out from the audition and said "They have to pick me, I did the best I could". We were getting worried we might have to explain to her why she didn't get in. But, we got the email late today as well. Our bonus tickets will be going to the grandparents.

Daughter hasn't stopped bouncing off the wall since she found out. She has always wanted to join in the half time dancing and danced from our seats.

First boot camp tomorrow.

q-money
23-08-2012, 09:04 PM
congrats all, sign griff

pistolpete
23-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Congrats mate.

Another proud dad here. My little girl snuck into minimum age by 2 days. Came out from the audition and said "They have to pick me, I did the best I could". We were getting worried we might have to explain to her why she didn't get in. But, we got the email late today as well. Our bonus tickets will be going to the grandparents.

Daughter hasn't stopped bouncing off the wall since she found out. She has always wanted to join in the half time dancing and danced from our seats.

First boot camp tomorrow.

Awesome. Are you gonna be at the boot camp cause it would be nice to have another dad there?

sammydog
23-08-2012, 10:06 PM
No, I will be on the way to my football Semi Final. Have to be at Rathmines by 5pm for a 6pm kickoff My wife will be there for it, although I would have loved to be there.

I will be at one of the future boot camps though. Which age group is your daughter in, mines in the 5-8 group.

I guess I will have to stop rubbishing the half time entertainment now. Certainly won't be running for beer.

pistolpete
23-08-2012, 10:09 PM
Yeah mine is in the 5-8 as well. I probably saw your daughter, there were a couple of little ones there. My daughter is 7. Might see you at one of the Fridays at Adamstown anyway. It will be fun. My mate's daughter used to do it and you can go under the stadium and see the players etc.

Good luck with your semi :)

sammydog
23-08-2012, 10:25 PM
Access under the stadium would be a nice perk. I thought I read somewhere that there is an end of season BBQ with the players as well.

Do you know how many of the flash mob and shopping centre appearances there is supposed to be?

Semi should be a tough match, but a win and a direct path to the grand final would be nice.

pistolpete
23-08-2012, 10:33 PM
Not sure about the extra stuff. Hopefully we will get some more info tomorrow

sammydog
23-08-2012, 10:58 PM
I think I will now be living the dream of playing on a football pitch in front of a crowd, through my daughter.

Sure its dancing, but its more than I am doing, and its on the football pitch.

pistolpete
23-08-2012, 11:02 PM
Yeah i am pretty excited about it. The closest I have come is racing in the blowup hamster wheel at halftime ;)

sammydog
23-08-2012, 11:15 PM
See, that trumps walking on the field at the members day. I have nothing.

Its pathetic, but I am now living through the dance squad.

pistolpete
24-08-2012, 07:18 AM
No other reason to have kids than to live out your dreams through them

boz-monaut
24-08-2012, 07:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDXYzUlv0S8

sammydog
24-08-2012, 10:16 PM
So Pistolpete, how did you find the bootcamp today?

My wife was pretty impressed with the set up. Did you get the impression they are only pre game entertainment, not half time entertainment. Thats how it seemed to my wife.

My daughter loved it though, so thats all that matters.

pistolpete
25-08-2012, 10:59 AM
Yeah it is definitely pre-game entertainment. Seemed like they are run quite well. My daughter enjoyed herself. They didn't mention anything other than the pre-game stuff but i guess we will get more info as we go. How did your game go?

Blackmac79
25-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Thread should be changed to Pistolpete/sammydog general conversation thread.

pistolpete
25-08-2012, 07:04 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXRZ5c6I-vo

sammydog
26-08-2012, 12:26 AM
We got up 4-0, grand final in two weeks.

To be fair it's been loosely based on the title of the thread. Sort of, some of the time.