PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea FC

Pages : 1 2 [3]

StannyCFCJET
26-06-2020, 11:40 AM
Chelsea still ruining football. We're gonna have some team the next few years If we can fix the defence

StannyCFCJET
01-07-2020, 08:10 PM
New Chelsea kit is banging

Frodo
02-07-2020, 08:14 AM
New Chelsea kit is banging

I was going to comment that I don't love the new kit personally. It's very very blue and that 3 logo is huge.

But that loss was beautiful to watch. Hammers well deserved 3 points and they do the double over you even if they are in a relegation dog fight. Chelsea are the 4th best club in London it seems.

StannyCFCJET
02-07-2020, 11:25 AM
I was going to comment that I don't love the new kit personally. It's very very blue and that 3 logo is huge.

But that loss was beautiful to watch. Hammers well deserved 3 points and they do the double over you even if they are in a relegation dog fight. Chelsea are the 4th best club in London it seems.

You have Palace, QPR and Fullham above us?

Jetmaster
02-07-2020, 11:33 AM
Well you asked for it and you got it....

https://talksport.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2020/06/NINTCHDBPICT000592740373.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&w=960

Frodo
02-07-2020, 11:51 AM
You have Palace, QPR and Fullham above us?

Hammers are in their somewhere, maybe drop QPR to 5th.

StannyCFCJET
02-07-2020, 11:54 AM
Hammers are in their somewhere, maybe drop QPR to 5th.

Put Milwall in their place?

Frodo
02-07-2020, 12:12 PM
Put Milwall in their place?

Nah, Millwall can stay where they are.

pv4
02-07-2020, 01:35 PM
I think we can all be satisfied with Google's rankings:

https://i.imgur.com/VqlZSip.png

StannyCFCJET
23-07-2020, 09:29 AM
Just want Cech back

Bremsstrahlung
23-07-2020, 10:03 AM
Cracking game with some great goals.
Was very nervous at 4-3.

Does pulisic have that energy over 90 minutes? Looked very dangerous against tired legs.
Didn’t realise Kepas stats were so bad. 70-80M wasn’t it? Probably a bigger priority fixing that than getting in havertz.

StannyCFCJET
23-07-2020, 10:15 AM
Cracking game with some great goals.
Was very nervous at 4-3.

Does pulisic have that energy over 90 minutes? Looked very dangerous against tired legs.
Didn’t realise Kepas stats were so bad. 70-80M wasn’t it? Probably a bigger priority fixing that than getting in havertz.

Pulisic has had a knock for a few days

Bremsstrahlung
23-07-2020, 11:01 AM
Pulisic has had a knock for a few days

Realise that.

I don’t watch much Chelsea. Just wondering if he’s like that for 90 minutes, or was his impact exacerbated by being fresh against tired legs.
Does he have that impact when he plays 90?

Jeterpool
23-07-2020, 11:31 AM
Left the game just before HT at 3-0 to have breakfast, hang washing and get kids ready for school/daycare etc and then it was 4-3!!! WTF!? Nervous indeed.

I actually thought 3-0 flattered Liverpool at that point too.

StannyCFCJET
23-07-2020, 12:09 PM
Left the game just before HT at 3-0 to have breakfast, hang washing and get kids ready for school/daycare etc and then it was 4-3!!! WTF!? Nervous indeed.

I actually thought 3-0 flattered Liverpool at that point too.

We were playing really well then bam Keita screamer and Mane dive (typical) for a free kick and it was 2-0

Frodo
23-07-2020, 12:40 PM
We were playing really well then bam Keita screamer and Mane dive (typical) for a free kick and it was 2-0

I'm 100% in the Liverpool dive camp. But Kovacic went through him to get the ball. That's a free kick all day. He came from behind, got a bit of ball and a bit of player. Poor from him to get beaten and compound it there. Should have fouled him straight up when they were too far from goal to shoot.

StannyCFCJET
23-07-2020, 01:05 PM
I'm 100% in the Liverpool dive camp. But Kovacic went through him to get the ball. That's a free kick all day. He came from behind, got a bit of ball and a bit of player. Poor from him to get beaten and compound it there. Should have fouled him straight up when they were too far from goal to shoot.

A few years ago, That's a good tackle

Frodo
23-07-2020, 01:16 PM

Maybe 15-20 yrs ago.

Bluebeard
25-07-2020, 02:38 PM
Lockdown clear out
I have approximately 53 Chelsea FC official Magazines to give away to Blues fans, young or old.
Older fans may enjoy a read and look back, whilst younger fans may wish to scrapbook them.
Season 04-05 10 issues, Season 05-06 12 issues and a further 31 from 2006/07, 2008 and 2009.
Pick up only Maryland, please PM me if you are interested and I can spilt if there are multiple requests.

Jetmaster
26-07-2020, 08:20 PM

If you were Ron "Chopper" Harris eh?

StannyCFCJET
26-07-2020, 09:45 PM
If you were Ron "Chopper" Harris eh?

No one got past Chopper unscathed

Aegon
27-07-2020, 02:53 PM
Signing Lampard a good move for everyone involved in my opinion.

After losing Hazard and not being able to sign due to the transfer ban it gives him free rein to blood youngsters and not be punished for poor results straight away.

I think Chelsea will be fighting for 3rd/4th with Tottenham for the next season or 2 but if the fans and Roman's patience can hold out I think they'll be challenging for the title again in a few seasons.

This aged well - although the battle was with Leicester and Manu rather than Spurs.

StannyCFCJET
27-07-2020, 06:47 PM
This aged well - although the battle was with Leicester and Manu rather than Spurs.

Spurs had the moment in the sun. Back to mid table they go

Bremsstrahlung
12-08-2020, 07:49 AM
Stanny,
You loaded up on Chelsea being $15 to win the league?

You guys will come close in the next year or two.
Werner and Havertz will either lead to a public unveiling of a Lampard statue or his public beheading.

StannyCFCJET
27-08-2020, 07:40 PM
Were back ruining football. Roman is the best owner in football

Bremsstrahlung
28-08-2020, 07:20 AM
So what,
Werner
Ziyech
Chillwel
Sarr - the defender
Thiago*
Havertz*

How much have you guys spent?
What’s the expectation? Surely anything but a title is considered disappointing with a recruitment frenzy like that.

Jeterpool
28-08-2020, 09:49 AM
So what,
Werner
Ziyech
Chillwel
Sarr - the defender
Thiago*
Havertz*

How much have you guys spent?
What’s the expectation? Surely anything but a title is considered disappointing with a recruitment frenzy like that.

I'd be interested in Stanny's thoughts around expectations. I would think, were I a fan in this position, a run at the title this year would be great if it happened but the year after would be my aim. A year to embed, a short turn-around from the previous season is what mine would be. These young peaking players (Thiago excepted) will put Chelsea in a strong position for the coming season.

Certainly disproves the theories Roman isn't interested.

StannyCFCJET
28-08-2020, 10:23 AM
I'd be interested in Stanny's thoughts around expectations. I would think, were I a fan in this position, a run at the title this year would be great if it happened but the year after would be my aim. A year to embed, a short turn-around from the previous season is what mine would be. These young peaking players (Thiago excepted) will put Chelsea in a strong position for the coming season.

Certainly disproves the theories Roman isn't interested.

They were always rubbish theories from poor journos. As for expectation. Top 4 where we are in the title race for a fair bit. A more competitive UCL run and winning a domestic cup

Frodo
28-08-2020, 03:16 PM
What happened to Chelsea being the bastions of youth development now, Stanny?

Mount, Abraham and CHO have all been replaced as soon as Lamps had a chance with expensive imports. Tomori looks like he'll be on the backburner again with Silva coming in. Only Reece James looks like he'll get any meaningful minutes. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted, I guess.

StannyCFCJET
28-08-2020, 05:59 PM
What happened to Chelsea being the bastions of youth development now, Stanny?

Mount, Abraham and CHO have all been replaced as soon as Lamps had a chance with expensive imports. Tomori looks like he'll be on the backburner again with Silva coming in. Only Reece James looks like he'll get any meaningful minutes. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted, I guess.

Mount will be a starter next season as will Reece James. Tammy will fight for his place as will CHO which is what they need. As for Tomori not sure what's happened to him as I rate him highly

StannyCFCJET
05-09-2020, 11:49 AM
**** me Chelsea do killer business. Can't wait for all the hate and money taunts from rival fans while Lampard builds us back to the top

StannyCFCJET
18-10-2020, 12:36 PM
Defence is overated

Frodo
26-01-2021, 07:52 AM
Can't wait for all the hate and money taunts from rival fans while Lampard builds us back to the top

This didn't pan out as well as you or Frank had hoped.
Let's see how long Tuchel lasts, and how he deals with the fractured relationship between he and Thiago Silva. Hasn't even started and he's already got issues within the squad... just Chelsea things I guess.

Not that we are doing much better, lol. But I still have a duty to mock Frank given some of he nonsense he's said since he got the job, and the fact that we started the run that got him sacked.

Bremsstrahlung
26-01-2021, 08:18 AM
Wow.
5 points outside the 4 in a very bizarre season where Man U sit top, after almost sacking their manager early. Anything can happen.

Maybe he spent a bit too much money and made some promises he couldn’t keep.
Spending money on a striker, then playing him winger while Abraham plays striker probably doesn’t look too good.

Poor mans Klopp.
Hopefully his time in the bundesliga can help get the most out of Havertz, Werner, Pulisic and Ziyech.
Werner needs a fresh approach soon. Bloke has ruined his career with his Chelsea move (sup torres).

StannyCFCJET
26-01-2021, 11:49 AM
Our board can get in the bin and I hope those snakes who stabbed Lamps in the back never play for our club again. Football is dead

StannyCFCJET
26-01-2021, 11:49 AM
Wow.
5 points outside the 4 in a very bizarre season where Man U sit top, after almost sacking their manager early. Anything can happen.

Maybe he spent a bit too much money and made some promises he couldn’t keep.
Spending money on a striker, then playing him winger while Abraham plays striker probably doesn’t look too good.

Poor mans Klopp.
Hopefully his time in the bundesliga can help get the most out of Havertz, Werner, Pulisic and Ziyech.
Werner needs a fresh approach soon. Bloke has ruined his career with his Chelsea move (sup torres).

Also he didn't spend money and they weren't his signings but no Manager would turn down players of that class

Bremsstrahlung
26-01-2021, 11:58 AM
Also he didn't spend money and they weren't his signings but no Manager would turn down players of that class

Oh yeh, I forgot he wasn’t manager those days when they signed Werner, Havertz, Chillwell, Ziyech and Mendy on Free transfers.

Bremsstrahlung
26-01-2021, 12:01 PM
Once he spoke to Lamps and Cech, His mind was made up

Wait, Lampard wanted him?!?!

StannyCFCJET
26-01-2021, 12:14 PM
Wait, Lampard wanted him?!?!

He helped convince them to join but it wasn't Lamps idea to go after them

Bremsstrahlung
26-01-2021, 02:04 PM
He helped convince them to join but it wasn't Lamps idea to go after them

Gotcha!
So he helped convince players he didn’t want, to sign for the club he was managing.
That makes more sense now.

Would’ve sucked if they won the prem, Lampard would’ve looked like an absolute fool winning with a bunch of players he had nothing to do with and that signed against his wishes.

StannyCFCJET
26-01-2021, 02:13 PM
Gotcha!
So he helped convince players he didn’t want, to sign for the club he was managing.
That makes more sense now.

Would’ve sucked if they won the prem, Lampard would’ve looked like an absolute fool winning with a bunch of players he had nothing to do with and that signed against his wishes.

Club says were going after these players, What else was Lamps gonna do?

Bremsstrahlung
29-01-2021, 10:11 PM
Stanny,
You loaded up on Chelsea being $15 to win the league?

You guys will come close in the next year or two.
Werner and Havertz will either lead to a public unveiling of a Lampard statue or his public beheading.

Ohhhh, I get to do that thing.

Ghost of Plague
06-05-2021, 11:11 AM
This is the 3rd time Roman has rissoled a manager mid season and then reached the Champions League final.
Bloke is a dead set geenyus.

Bremsstrahlung
06-05-2021, 11:34 AM
Glad to not see a Madrid or Barca there.
Should be a good game.

StannyCFCJET
06-05-2021, 11:53 AM
Glad to not see a Madrid or Barca there.
Should be a good game.

I was suprised UEFA didnt try and rig it like in 2008/09 season but WOO HOO UCL FINAL

Ghost of Plague
01-09-2021, 10:16 PM
Saul? WTF???
Proper footballer that bloke.
Hope he gets a good go and brings his stuff to the Prem.
Good bit of business for Chelsea.

StannyCFCJET
12-09-2021, 12:10 PM
Lukaku is the beez knees

Bremsstrahlung
12-09-2021, 04:26 PM
Looking to be in with a shot this year Stanny.
3 horse race imo.
City, United and Chelsea.
United and Chelsea adding in their target man and goal scorers up front makes them very potent.
City obviously have a great squad and can create a tonne of chances each match. However they lack somebody as clinical as Lukaku or Ronaldo.
Pretty even for me.

Don’t think Liverpool have the squad depth to challenge this year. Our midfield looks a creative player short and we lose Mane and Salah for ACON.
Also in some trouble if we keep keeping our Brazilians from internationals haha.

Frodo
12-09-2021, 06:15 PM
Looking to be in with a shot this year Stanny.
3 horse race imo.
City, United and Chelsea.
United and Chelsea adding in their target man and goal scorers up front makes them very potent.
City obviously have a great squad and can create a tonne of chances each match. However they lack somebody as clinical as Lukaku or Ronaldo.
Pretty even for me.

Don’t think Liverpool have the squad depth to challenge this year. Our midfield looks a creative player short and we lose Mane and Salah for ACON.
Also in some trouble if we keep keeping our Brazilians from internationals haha.

I'm surprised people are writing off Liverpool this season, I've still got them and City a level above everyone else.

Bremsstrahlung
12-09-2021, 09:47 PM
I'm surprised people are writing off Liverpool this season, I've still got them and City a level above everyone else.

I think we can beat any team.
I think we will beat most teams.
I just think we are a plan B short of winning it. What do we do when salah, Mane, Firmino and Jota aren’t getting space and chances.
Harvey Elliot is our most likely source of a spark from midfield.
We are in better shape than last season, but I don’t think we are quite up to the season before standard.

StannyCFCJET
10-03-2022, 09:59 PM
Well it was fun while it lasted

Poshpom
10-03-2022, 10:42 PM
Abramovitch sanctioned

https://youtu.be/0OESSVS1eMU

Frodo
22-04-2022, 08:14 AM
Lol.

StannyCFCJET
22-04-2022, 02:20 PM
Whatever we can do to keep Arteta in the job.

Frodo
22-04-2022, 02:55 PM
Whatever we can do to keep Arteta in the job.

You actually did the opposite by showing that Nketiah is better than Arteta thinks he is. Poor kid can't get a game no matter how many months Lacazette takes between goals, and Mikel won't even giving him a chance. Luckily for Eddie he's leaving at the end of the season on a free, hopefully he stays in the league and keeps scoring against you guys.

boz-monaut
07-09-2022, 09:58 PM
Tuchel sacked

who's next into the breach?

StannyCFCJET
07-09-2022, 10:06 PM
Ive heard Poch, Which as an idea can get ****ed. Happily boo him whenever he is on my screen. Other names are Potter and Zidane.

MFKS
08-09-2022, 12:27 PM
Ive heard Poch, Which as an idea can get ****ed. Happily boo him whenever he is on my screen. Other names are Potter and Zidane.

Can probably add Jurgen Klopp to that list

The wheels are falling off at Liverpool that fast he be available soon enough