PDA

View Full Version : 2013 East Asian Championships

boz-monaut
30-08-2012, 07:52 AM
"the FFA has accepted an invitation from Japan to play in East Asia's regional tournament"

www.smh.com.au/sport/football/money-talks-as-socceroos-make-east-asia-debut-20120829-25149.html#ixzz24yTPYA2J

sweet - another football tournament - and given the way the quality in the AFC has moved from west to east, this will basically be like another Asian Cup

parksey
30-08-2012, 10:40 AM
this should be good. the more games we play against the likes of japan and south korea the better.

militiamon
31-08-2012, 12:15 AM
The tournament needs to be used to sort out the World Cup squad (assuming we qualify). There are still many positions where we have a laughable rotation of shit players.

MFKS
01-09-2012, 07:27 PM
When this qualifying round is on obviopusly we would struggle to get the Euro Based Socceroos but lets look around who we could get Japan Based - Kennedy Brosque
China based Griff
Korean Based Nathan Burns
MLS Cahill

**** Me we are getting close to a top of the range side

Jetmaster
22-11-2012, 12:08 PM
Squad named - only Jet is Taggart of all people !!!

Qantas Socceroos Head Coach Holger Osieck has selected a provisional squad of 25 players for the East Asian Football Federation (EAFF) East Asian Cup 2013 qualifying tournament which will be held from 1-9 December 2012 in Hong Kong.<./b>

Due to the tournament being played outside official FIFA match dates, Osieck has selected players who are currently playing in the Hyundai A-League, have completed their domestic seasons or who are about to go on their mid-season break.

Aziz Behich, Eli Babalj and Tom Rogic return to the Qantas Socceroos squad after making their debuts against the Korea Republic last week as well as Robbie Cornthwaite who scored his first senior international goal and Michael Thwaite.

Terry Antonis and Adam Taggart receive their his first call-up to a Qantas Socceroos squad after recently helping the Qantas Young Socceroos qualify for the 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup at the AFC U-19 Championship in the UAE.

Other players to receive their first selection in a Qantas Socceroos squad include Ivan Franjic, Rostyn Griffiths, Ben Halloran, Aaron Mooy and Osama Malik along with Dino Djulbic and Matt Smith who all recently received their relevant international clearances to represent Australia.

Returning to the Qantas Socceroos squad after varying periods of absence are Brett Emerton, Eugene Galekovic, Richard Garcia, Scott Jamieson, Michael Marrone and Dario Vidosic

The Qantas Socceroos will assemble in Sydney for a pre-tournament camp from 26-29 November and will depart for Hong Kong on 30 November. Osieck will name his final squad that will travel to the tournament on Thursday 29 November.

The EAFF East Asian Cup is a four-team tournament for Men & Women which is held every four years rotating between Japan, Korea Republic & China PR as the host nation.

The teams that will participate in the EAFF East Asia Cup for men are Japan, Korea Republic & China PR with a fourth team determined by a qualification process. The qualifiers for the men’s edition of the EAFF East Asia Cup 2013 will be played in Hong Kong from 1-9 December 2012 and will involve teams from Australia, Chinese-Taipei, Guam, Hong Kong & DPR Korea.

The Men’s & Women’s EAFF East Asia Cup 2013 will be held concurrently in Seoul, Korea Republic from 20-28 July 2013.

Qantas Socceroos Provisional Squad for EAFF East Asian Cup Qualifiers

Terry ANTONIS Sydney FC
Eli BABALJ FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
Aziz BEHICH Melbourne Heart FC
Robert CORNTHWAITE Chunnam Dragons
Dino DJULBIC Guizhou Renhe
Ivan FRANJIC Brisbane Roar FC
Brett EMERTON Sydney FC
Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk) Adelaide United
Richard GARCIA Melbourne Heart
Rostyn GRIFFITHS
Ben HALLORAN Brisbane Roar
Scott JAMIESON Perth Glory
Osama MALIK Adelaide United
Michael MARRONE Melbourne Heart
Matt McKAY Busan I Park
Mark MILLIGAN Melbourne Victory
Aaron MOOY Western Sydney Wanderers
Tom ROGIC Central Coast Mariners
Mat RYAN (gk) Central Coast Mariners
Matt SMITH Brisbane Roar
Adam TAGGART Newcastle Jets
Archie THOMPSON Melbourne Victory
Michael THWAITE Perth Glory
Dario Vidosic Adelaide United
Luke WILKSHIRE FK Dinamo Moscow

q-money
22-11-2012, 12:09 PM
good

tin pot waste of time tournament, not like taggart was doing anything useful other than pulling splinters out of his arse

snake
22-11-2012, 12:12 PM
club >> country

q-money
22-11-2012, 12:21 PM
lets hope that tagz can bring home the mars bars supercup for straya

plague
22-11-2012, 12:30 PM
I dunno, sounds like a pretty important thing.
They wouldn't have picked Dino if they aren't intent on making some kind of statement.

parksey
22-11-2012, 12:36 PM
we're going to miss taggart that's for sure

russjaybee
22-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Thompson the only player that's really led a line in that whole squad? Surprised they weren't sniffing around for griff, or that J griff didn't get a run?
Also that brosque isn't there?

Happy to see behich getting some more game time, as well as your Rogic's and Mooy's.

belchardo
22-11-2012, 01:03 PM
joke squad, i don't see schwarzer or neill in the squad. someone's pulling somebodies leg.

MFKS
22-11-2012, 01:05 PM
Bullshit Taggz gets a call up to the NT yet has never played 90 mins for us.

What a ****ing joke.

Goody nowhere to be seen DISGRACE

Pico
22-11-2012, 01:12 PM
Its only the provisional train on squad, will be reduced to 20 for the qualifiers can't see Taggart making the cut myself.

pv4
22-11-2012, 01:13 PM
lol at some of those selections if based on form

some in there i'm super happy with though, such as smith & marrone.

Jetmaster
22-11-2012, 01:22 PM
So these guys miss A-League duty ?

Next F3 derby we will be without Taggart, CCM will be without Rogic and Ryan....I can hear Arnie's excuses already.

parksey
22-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Bullshit Taggz gets a call up to the NT yet has never played 90 mins for us.

What a ****ing joke.

Goody nowhere to be seen DISGRACE

holger didn't pick goodwin because he was worried about him getting injured

parksey
22-11-2012, 01:33 PM
wait i thought matt smith was english

russjaybee
22-11-2012, 01:43 PM
lol porksey...

apparently taggart was picked due to his form in the u20 games.

Adam Peacock ‏@adampeacock3
Heard good things last nite about perfomances of Taggart and Antonis at u20 WC Qualies in UAE.. hence the call up to @Socceroos squad.

Grimario
22-11-2012, 01:43 PM
wait i thought matt smith was english
English born, been here for over 5 years so now a citizen, I guess.

david silva
22-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Where is Mitch Nichols? ..or Erik partallu?

demon
23-11-2012, 08:30 AM
Where is Mitch Nichols? ..or Erik partallu?

Possibly they have fallen into the category of Holger being confident he knows what they are capable of. With Taggart and the other newcomers FFA have done what everyone has been screaming for.... testing out the players who we will need for the next 3-8 years and see what level they are at and what potential they may have as future senior rep players.

Very similar to what most countries will do at this Cup I'd imagine.

What is perhaps a little surpising is some of the older choices.... Emerton? Based on form he should not be allowed be named in a rep side at present. Could there be a better example of being selected on history than form that that choice? Galekovic, was this another chance to test out on of our younger keepers that will pass us by?

Obviously the qualifying games are obviously not regarded as official dates even in Asia as no competitions are being suspended for the games so even our Asian players were ruled unavailable. It is a fine line to walk... to not qualify would be seen as an immense failure at this point of such a great start to a season so they couldn't risk blooding too many younger ones but it is good to see , even if its only in camps, it is building moentum.

furns
23-11-2012, 09:43 AM
Didnt Nicholls get dropped from Roar last week? or is he injured?

MFKS
23-11-2012, 10:24 AM
Possibly they have fallen into the category of Holger being confident he knows what they are capable of. With Taggart and the other newcomers FFA have done what everyone has been screaming for.... testing out the players who we will need for the next 3-8 years and see what level they are at and what potential they may have as future senior rep players.

Very similar to what most countries will do at this Cup I'd imagine.

What is perhaps a little surpising is some of the older choices.... Emerton? Based on form he should not be allowed be named in a rep side at present. Could there be a better example of being selected on history than form that that choice? Galekovic, was this another chance to test out on of our younger keepers that will pass us by?

Obviously the qualifying games are obviously not regarded as official dates even in Asia as no competitions are being suspended for the games so even our Asian players were ruled unavailable. It is a fine line to walk... to not qualify would be seen as an immense failure at this point of such a great start to a season so they couldn't risk blooding too many younger ones but it is good to see , even if its only in camps, it is building moentum.

I would have thought Emmo would have been selected for his experience factor ie the 80 odd caps he has to guide the rookies in the absence of other senior citizens such as Neill and Schwarzer.

My main concern is why no Tim Cahill???

MLS has just finished so it ain't like he is playing and he is fit and there shouldn't be that much of an issue getting a release from NY Red Bulls as they ain't busy so why hasn't he been selected???

Jeterpool
23-11-2012, 10:53 AM
I would have thought Emmo would have been selected for his experience factor ie the 80 odd caps he has to guide the rookies in the absence of other senior citizens such as Neill and Schwarzer.

MLS has just finished so it ain't like he is playing and he is fit and there shouldn't be that much of an issue getting a release from NY Red Bulls as they ain't busy so why hasn't he been selected???

He's trying to get back into the prem on loan

russjaybee
23-11-2012, 11:09 AM

Or, shock horror, he may actually want a brief break from football before going on loan!

Grimario
23-11-2012, 11:39 AM
Didnt Nicholls get dropped from Roar last week? or is he injured?

Got dropped from the match squad entirely for being garbage this season.

parksey
23-11-2012, 11:42 AM
still no reason why paartalu wasn't picked ahead of the likes of terry ****ing antonis

Retro Jet
24-11-2012, 04:56 PM
The only info I can find is on this tournament draw wise is on Wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_EAFF_East_Asian_Cup
Is it being televised? (Aussie games)

Good we sit out 1st round I reckon.
More time to get that rabble together and Holger gets to see opponents first.

MFKS
29-11-2012, 03:10 PM
Hunter Ports Newcastle Jets forward Adam Taggart has been named in Holger Osieck’s final 20-man Socceroos squad for the East Asian Football Federation (EAFF) East Asian Cup 2013 qualifying tournament.

Taggart is now in-line to make his senior international debut for the Socceroos, having already represented Australia at under 20’s and under 23’s level.

The 19-year-old played a key role in the Young Socceroos’ successful AFC U-19 Championship campaign earlier this month which saw them make the semi-finals of the tournament and also qualify for the 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup.

The Socceroos will depart for Hong Kong tomorrow morning (Friday 30 November) and will play their first match of the tournament against Hong Kong on Monday 3 December (kick-off 8:50pm AEDT), followed by DPR Korea on Wednesday 5 December (kick-off 11:30pm AEDT), then Guam on Friday 7 December (kick-off 8:50pm AEDT) with their final match of the tournament against Chinese Taipei on Sunday 9 December (kick-off 8:00pm AEDT).

Taggart’s selection in the squad means he will miss the Jets’ clash with Brisbane Roar this weekend, as well as the Round 9 fixture against the Central Coast Mariners at Hunter Stadium.

The teams that will participate in the EAFF East Asian Cup for men are Japan, Korea Republic and China PR with a fourth team determined by a qualification process. The qualifiers for the men’s edition of the EAFF East Asian Cup 2013 will be played in Hong Kong from 1-9 December 2012 and will involve teams from Australia, Chinese-Taipei, Guam, Hong Kong & DPR Korea.

The EAFF East Asian Cup 2013 will be held in Seoul, Korea Republic from 20-28 July 2013.

Socceroos Squad:
Terry ANTONIS (Sydney FC, Australia)
Eli BABALJ (FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd, SERBIA)
Aziz BEHICH (Melbourne Heart FC, Australia)
Robert CORNTHWAITE (Chunnam Dragons, KOREA REPUBLIC)
Dino DJULBIC (Guizhou Renhe, CHINA PR)
Ivan FRANJIC (Brisbane Roar FC, Australia)
Brett EMERTON (Sydney FC, Australia)
Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk) (Adelaide United FC, Australia)
Richard GARCIA (Melbourne Heart FC, Australia)
Scott JAMIESON (Perth Glory FC, Australia)
Michael MARRONE (Melbourne Heart FC, Australia)
Matt McKAY (Busan I Park, KOREA REPUBLIC)
Mark MILLIGAN (Melbourne Victory FC, Australia)
Aaron MOOY (Western Sydney Wanderers FC, Australia)
Tom ROGIC (Central Coast Mariners FC, Australia)
Mat RYAN (gk) (Central Coast Mariners FC, Australia)
Matt SMITH (Brisbane Roar FC, Australia)
Adam TAGGART (Newcastle Jets FC, Australia)
Archie THOMPSON (Melbourne Victory FC, Australia)
Michael THWAITE (Perth Glory FC, Australia)

Rostyn GRIFFITHS
Ben HALLORAN
Osama MALIK
Dario Vidosic
Luke WILKSHIRE

Blokes who got axed

pv4
29-11-2012, 03:15 PM
emerton = captain

russjaybee
29-11-2012, 03:24 PM
You'd wanna hope Eli BABALJ starts up front.

Imo Vidosic has been in better form that Rogic (hype machine at work) and should be in there.

----------- Eli BABALJ --------------
GARCIA--------ROGIC---------ARCHIE
-------- McKAY ----- MOOY --------
-BEHICH--CORNFLAKE--DJULBIC --EMMO
-------------GALEKOVIC ----------

Yep, Emmo @ RB.

ps is this shiz televised or what?

pv4
29-11-2012, 03:27 PM
vidosic was ruled out with injury. so were rostyn griffiths & luke wilkshire. halloran & malik were the only ones not actually chosen.

holger doesn't really like playing with a #10, so i can't see rogic or vidosic being given the chance there anyway

Jeterpool
29-11-2012, 03:28 PM
You'd wanna hope Eli BABALJ starts up front.

Imo Vidosic has been in better form that Rogic (hype machine at work) and should be in there.

----------- Eli BABALJ --------------
GARCIA--------ROGIC---------ARCHIE
-------- McKAY ----- MOOY --------
-BEHICH--CORNFLAKE--DJULBIC --EMMO

Yep, Emmo @ RB.

Fox said Vidosic pulled out injured, as did Wilkshere and Griffiths. But he's right to play this weekend. Go figure

BodyNovo
29-11-2012, 03:48 PM
4-3-3 (in love with it)

If i had it my way

--------------Ryan-----------------
Behich-Smith-----Thwaite-franjic
--------Mackay--Mooy------------
-------------Rogic-----------------
Garcia----------------------Emerton
-------------Babalj---------------

how holger will go

------------------Galekovic---------------
Thwaite--Cornflakes--Djubic---Marrone
----------Mackay----------Milligan--------
Garcia------------Rogic---------Emerton
-----------------Thompson---------------

holger will play with rogic but still adopt a long ball tactic.

russjaybee
29-11-2012, 04:07 PM
wtf bodynovo, behich at rb and franjic at lb?

you're probably pretty close with what you think holger will play.

BodyNovo
29-11-2012, 04:16 PM
wtf bodynovo, behich at rb and franjic at lb?

you're probably pretty close with what you think holger will play.

my bad they are supposed to be swapped. when you think about it though it looks like something holger would do

pv4
29-11-2012, 04:18 PM
not enough centre backs in body's holger-prediction squad

parksey
29-11-2012, 10:09 PM
lol halloran dropped but anotinis is kept on.

if royston was dropped for anything other than injury i'd be livid.

russjaybee
30-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Agreed porksey, very very strange decision. halloran has been running passed people for fun, hasn't antonis been injured until only recently?

Retro Jet
01-12-2012, 10:13 PM
DPR Korea of to a flying start....

1 December 2012 14:30
Guam 1–2 Hong Kong
Mong Kok Stadium, Hong Kong
Merfalen 56'
Chan Siu Ki 2' 17'

1 December 2012 17:10
North Korea 6–1 Chinese Taipei

(Wiki didn't list any goal scorers for this game)

front2
01-12-2012, 10:34 PM
I am surprised with the NK v Taipei score. Are the participating nations treating this tournament with any respect ? What happens when Australia thump Guam 8-0

GazFish35
02-12-2012, 07:56 AM
DPR Korea of to a flying start....

1 December 2012 17:10
North Korea 6–1 Chinese Taipei

(Wiki didn't list any goal scorers for this game)

According to state news services in Pyongyang all six were scored by Kim Jong-un

boz-monaut
02-12-2012, 08:25 AM
recently voted World's Sexiest Man, about to be voted Time Magazine Person of the Year

nothing is beyond the glorious leader

his father's golfing record will be in danger soon

militiamon
02-12-2012, 10:39 AM
I am surprised with the NK v Taipei score. Are the participating nations treating this tournament with any respect ? What happens when Australia thump Guam 8-0

Taiwan are the American Samoa of the AFC. I am more surprised by the fact that they managed to score 1 against North Korea.

russjaybee
03-12-2012, 10:05 AM
What happens when Australia thump Guam 8-0

What happens when Aus lose to Guam in the 80th minute without creating a chance?

I kid, I kid.

parksey
03-12-2012, 11:43 AM
is this game on foxsports?

boz-monaut
03-12-2012, 11:46 AM
yep, it's a special event because they've announced it so late - it's on channel 960 from 12:30am tonight

boz-monaut
03-12-2012, 12:01 PM
also, SBS will stream the games

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1131545/Watch-Socceroos-LIVE-on-TWG/

russjaybee
03-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Kick off 11:30 bra?

boz-monaut
03-12-2012, 01:22 PM
on the SBS stream, yes

russjaybee
03-12-2012, 01:40 PM
Trueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... thanks for clarifying!

Grimario
03-12-2012, 11:07 PM
GG Holger.

QANTAS SOCCEROOS STARTING XI | GALEKOVIC, BEHICH, THWAITE, MILLIGAN, EMERTON (c), THOMPSON, CORNTHWAITE, MCKAY, GARCIA, FRANJIC, SMITH

So, 1 GK, 7 defenders (6 if you count Emerton as a midfielder) 2 midfielders and a striker. You rock, Holger. Can you fit anymore of the people that we already know everything there is to know about in your team? How ****ing hard is Hong Kong going to be, ffs?

parksey
03-12-2012, 11:15 PM
wat

Grimario
03-12-2012, 11:19 PM
Apart from selecting Behich of Dulbic, he appears to have selected the 11 oldest players possible.

Grimario
03-12-2012, 11:24 PM
This shit is really odd btw... watching a LEGAL stream :gent:

parksey
03-12-2012, 11:32 PM
yep, it's a special event because they've announced it so late - it's on channel 960 from 12:30am tonight

i've just realised this is a joke

Retro Jet
03-12-2012, 11:49 PM
SBS site has sh!t itself!
Nuttin on HahaSpoort or FirstRow.

No tool out there in TV land has any idea of the interest in these games.
Fark-in disc-race

Grimario
03-12-2012, 11:53 PM
Keep refreshing. Give it 10 minutes and most people will head to bed, tis pretty horrendous watching.

Grimario
03-12-2012, 11:57 PM
HK get in behind us and it is one of our midfielders in McKay making a desperation tackle to stop the shot on goal. We are truly average.

front2
04-12-2012, 12:06 AM

Awesome. Following the match will be Asiian Muff Divers at 2.30am. Oh, you did say channel 960 boz?

Retro Jet
04-12-2012, 12:14 AM
Keep refreshing. Give it 10 minutes and most people will head to bed, tis pretty horrendous watching.

I'm on Grim and.......OMFG!
N'cle Athletics Field with a close haircut would be better that that sh!t paddock!
Where the fk did they herd the the cows to that were mowing the field b4 the game?

Grimario
04-12-2012, 12:16 AM
The highlights of the first half...

Cow paddock pitch (which might be harsh on cow paddocks)
McKay's headgear making him look like he is matching headwear to the league pitch
The one guy in the crowd that has a VERY distinct BOOOOOOOO

Grimario
04-12-2012, 12:18 AM
I support the Jets so you know it is pretty serious when I say that that is possibly the worst 45 minutes of football I have seen in a long, long time.

Retro Jet
04-12-2012, 12:24 AM
GG Holger.

QANTAS SOCCEROOS STARTING XI | GALEKOVIC, BEHICH, THWAITE, MILLIGAN, EMERTON (c), THOMPSON, CORNTHWAITE, MCKAY, GARCIA, FRANJIC, SMITH

So, 1 GK, 7 defenders (6 if you count Emerton as a midfielder) 2 midfielders and a striker. You rock, Holger. Can you fit anymore of the people that we already know everything there is to know about in your team? How ****ing hard is Hong Kong going to be, ffs?

The ONLY possible reason I can see for this selection is that Holger is holding off young players to face Nth Korea who will be
playing their 3rd game in 5 days.

Grimario
04-12-2012, 12:32 AM
The ONLY possible reason I can see for this selection is that Holger is holding off young players to face Nth Korea who will be
playing their 3rd game in 5 days.

But that then means the ONLY centre back he hasn't played with tonight is Dulbic and he is hardly a young player...

Retro Jet
04-12-2012, 12:45 AM
Wow. 1 skip woman with a flag in the crowd supporting Oz...

I could see 1/2 dozen players warming up behind the goal.
One can only hope....

Retro Jet
04-12-2012, 12:48 AM
I think it's just you and me watching now Grimario...

Grrim? Grim? Are you there?????

Grimario
04-12-2012, 12:49 AM
Still here. Ranting at morons on whirlpool and partaking in witty (for my standards) banter on twitter.

Retro Jet
04-12-2012, 12:57 AM
TAAAAGGG's on
OMFG! Go the Jets!

Grimario
04-12-2012, 12:58 AM
Shame the service is coming from SEVEN DEFENDERS still on the fecking paddock.

Retro Jet
04-12-2012, 01:08 AM
Dog-Itch on
Lets see if this Gypo can do something in...wot...8 minutes?
Holger OUT!

EDIT: Best move and shot of the game in under 1 minute.

Retro Jet
04-12-2012, 01:12 AM
Emo...thank fk for that.

Grimario
04-12-2012, 01:14 AM
Get out of jail free card.

Retro Jet
04-12-2012, 01:27 AM
I sincerely hope for two things Wed night.
A better pitch and a better squad because Nth Korea will pump that Red 'I've got a captains armband too' shit by 3-4 goals at least.

It's do or die Wed night.

Nighty night.

EDIT Just saw stats 10min after end. When did they get a Red card?

Grimario
04-12-2012, 01:36 AM
Yusssssss! Great result, great win against a tough opponent. Holger got team selections spot on, Hong Kong were such a potent attacking threat that we really needed those 7 defenders on the pitch to nullify them. Spot on with his subs as well, definitely right in taking off a striker for a striker and keeping that solid 7 man defensive line strong and definitely correct in replacing an attacking midfielder with an attacking midfielder. Only thing I would question is Antonis on for Emerton, thought that left us a bit expose.

Feck me. That's the biggest gap in rankings we have EVER had since FIFA rankings started. Previous biggest was 138 places when we played Tahiti, tonight was 139. Back then we won 5-0 with Vidmar, Arnold, Bingley and a Trimboli double. Apparently could have won 10-0 but didn't take our chances. Tonight we were saved blushes by a few great saves by Galekovic and some extremely tired legs at the end falling over on a woeful pitch.

Sigh. #HolgerOut

BodyNovo
04-12-2012, 08:04 AM
thank **** i didn't stay up and watch that rubbish.

might not even be worth watching the replay from the sound of things.

simple solution #holgerout.

russjaybee
04-12-2012, 09:21 AM
Ok... 7 defenders against a ****ing minnow, are you serious? Yes I understand it's a gruelling comp with games close together but you build your squad to cope with that.
SEVEN DEFENDERS? ARE YOU SHITTING ME?

This was the perfect time to have our young attackers out there showing there wares. How on earth didn't Rogic and Taggart and any other young players we have start this game FFS.

_IF_ his reasoning is to rest players then WHY THE HELL were Emmo, McKay and Thompson starters?

I cannot stand Holger, he is gutless and regressive. He will not bring football forward in this country.

We should not be solely trying to win this comp, we should be using it to build our national team and move it in to the future. You do not do that by selecting all your oldest fkING DEFENDERS.

AOShfuhsoqiwofl

Grimario
04-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Maybe he wants to put the youngsters in on a good pitch and, as RJ said above, maybe he wants them under pressure against the best opponent we will face in DPR Korea.

Or maybe he is just a gutless cvnt and needs to feck off.

Forget blooding new players, we should have used EAFF to blood a new manager.

Grimario
04-12-2012, 10:20 AM
Also, if he really wants youngsters in a pressure match, why has he played all but one of our central defenders in the opening game?

Useless. DEANS OUT

au revoir
04-12-2012, 12:45 PM
my range of emotions while watching the game basically consisted of anger, frustration, and laughter. i think i caught aids watching that shit. just awful.

belchardo
04-12-2012, 03:43 PM
my range of emotions while watching the game basically consisted of anger, frustration, and laughter. i think i caught aids watching that shit. just awful.

are you talking about the socceroos here or our performances over the last few weeks?

russjaybee
04-12-2012, 03:47 PM
<3 my football teams at the moment.
Jets, arsenal, socceroos... Thank god the impending apocalypse is going to put me out of my misery, can't come soon enough.

snake
04-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Thank god the impending apocalypse is going to put me out of my misery, can't come soon enough.

needs its own thread, imo

true waterboy
04-12-2012, 09:07 PM
did anyone see the game if so how did tags go when we was on?

MFKS
05-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Huge match tonight. Besides being a key qualifier of the tournament we have a chance to be UF world champion

A title that we have only ever held once and then for only 4 days

http://www.ufwc.co.uk/results/2009-2/

North Korea are current holders of the title belt and it is our chance to take it from them tonight

plague
05-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Is it on Fox? Wot time?

boz-monaut
05-12-2012, 07:01 PM
channel 960 at 10:30

MFKS
05-12-2012, 07:19 PM

Thats the Adults Only Channel for those not in the know!!

plague
05-12-2012, 08:04 PM

Actually just on this, who the **** would pay for Foxtel porn?
In the old days of dial up internetz and pirated smart cards it was a fairly decent go to option for a bit of late night stimulation.
But now?
Jesus I'd love to know who is paying for dat half assed smut.

hawk
05-12-2012, 08:06 PM
Huge match tonight. Besides being a key qualifier of the tournament we have a chance to be UF world champion

A title that we have only ever held once and then for only 4 days

http://www.ufwc.co.uk/results/2009-2/

North Korea are current holders of the title belt and it is our chance to take it from them tonight

Carn straya we can beat NK Rocketz

Captain Obvious
05-12-2012, 08:06 PM
Thats the Adults Only Channel for those not in the know!!

and a big hello to you as well.

MFKS
05-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Actually just on this, who the **** would pay for Foxtel porn?
In the old days of dial up internetz and pirated smart cards it was a fairly decent go to option for a bit of late night stimulation.
But now?
Jesus I'd love to know who is paying for dat half assed smut.

Preciselyright Plague.

Also struggle to understand how Porno DVDs make money these days when you can pretty much download plenty of stuff on the Interwebs for zilch.

Also struggle to understand how the good old stick mag still plugs on when I can go to over 5 million sites with as many pictures as you like of whatever you like

boz-monaut
05-12-2012, 09:15 PM
there was a thing on Louis Theroux recently where he went back to visit people he'd done a porno documentary with a few years back

basically there's no money at all in making porno these days as the internet has ripped the arse out of the porno business model (much like goatse, only with money)

Grimario
05-12-2012, 11:19 PM
Qantas Socceroos 11: Ryan (Cap #***), Franjic, Cornthwaite, Smith, Behich, Emerton ©, Milligan, Thwaite, McKay, Thompson, Garcia.

So the only change to the team that was a complete ****ing abomination is Ryan in for Eugene.

HOLGER OUT.

Retro Jet
05-12-2012, 11:31 PM
At least the ground looks better.........

Grimario
05-12-2012, 11:35 PM
A goal. Hong Kong looked miles better than DPR Korea at this point.

Retro Jet
05-12-2012, 11:35 PM
Just what the Dr ordered.
Archie on the spot. Header before deserved a goal. (Great save though)

Retro Jet
06-12-2012, 12:11 AM
Anyone else's stream dropped out too?

LiveScoreHunter (http://www.livescorehunter.com/football.html) has 41min 0-1 still.....

0-1 HT too.

Grimario
06-12-2012, 12:15 AM
Nope, still going via SBS.

Retro Jet
06-12-2012, 12:27 AM
I refresh and get the add for Landrover run through....
Then an error message after blank black screen: The selected item is not currently available

I feel peckish now though...a sliver of brie might hit the spot lol

Grimario
06-12-2012, 12:31 AM
I made a hot chocolate and had some shortbread.

Retro Jet
06-12-2012, 12:36 AM
Still not gettig anything.
Hit the Compatability View function...no difference.
Even tried FireFox as my browser.

I see we're underway again.

Might try a reboot!

Grimario
06-12-2012, 12:39 AM
On the Fox stream or the SBS one?

Retro Jet
06-12-2012, 12:42 AM
On the Fox stream or the SBS one?

The SBS stream is out of action.
I don't have Fox but if there's an online FoxStream, could you post it plz?

Grimario
06-12-2012, 12:46 AM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/

Then a big banner at the top that says SOCCEROOS VS NORTH KOREA LIVE or something.

Grimario
06-12-2012, 12:51 AM
Anh Yong Huk (or something) has scored.

Holger Out.

Retro Jet
06-12-2012, 12:52 AM
FFS....got onto FoxStream just as they scored.

Thanks for the heads up though Grim.
Didn't kow Fox was streaming. Thought it was just on 960

Grimario
06-12-2012, 12:56 AM
Setanta have the rights to EAFF but Setanta Australia don't... or something. So all we have is two streams online.

What is Holger trying to achieve? Does he know that if this is a draw and we don't win our last two games by monstrous margins that we LOSE this tournament?

Grimario
06-12-2012, 01:06 AM
Taggart, whoo.

We all thought Pim was boring and unimaginative... but ****ing hell, Holger is an entirely different level.

The DPR Korea coach, on the other hand... first sub at 23 minutes. That sub subbed off at half time. The sub who came on at half time, subbed off after 77.

Retro Jet
06-12-2012, 01:12 AM
Tagssss...1st time m8!

They're going down like flies. Cramp...3rd game in 5 days maybe hitting them now.
Pity it wasn't takig effect frm the 70th minute.

Grimario
06-12-2012, 01:21 AM
****ing hell.

Craig Deans could have put a better team out tonight. HOLGER OUT.

Retro Jet
06-12-2012, 01:39 AM
Oh well...
Pissed off to see them score the way they did. Ryan blocked shot...not dealt with after that.

Interesting to see what Holger der Kleine Hund (http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51w76tzHjsL._SL500_AA300_.jpg) does now to rack up the goals we need.
Chinese Taipai 176th and Guam 181 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guam#Football).... There should be 12+ in there if were serious.
Sh!t...12+ v Guam alone!
Hopefully HK turn up against DPR Korea like they did against us.

Catch youze 8:50pm Fri night I guess. Straight after Ad v Rictory
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)

Grimario
06-12-2012, 01:46 AM
Chinese Taipai 176th and Guam 181 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guam#Football).... There should be 12+ in there if were serious.
Sh!t...12+ v Guam alone!

That theory worked so well against 172nd placed Hong Kong!

Holger is ****ed. By playing all but one of his central defenders in the first two games, he now has to play at least one of them for 3 games in 5 days.

Mooy, Rogic and Babalj all better start on Friday or the Socceroos have lost me till Holger is gone.

Retro Jet
06-12-2012, 01:34 PM
I think that Hong Kong are probably better coached by Steve O'Connor (Assistant) and Ernie Merrick I believe has been in and out of their coaching scene.

belchardo
06-12-2012, 01:58 PM
http://www.theroar.com.au/2012/12/06/osiecks-limitations-come-to-the-surface-in-hong-kong/

Ultimately, it was a night which encapsulated everything that has been so frustrating under Osieck, including a stubborn reliance on under-performing veterans, a complete lack of faith in the next generation of players and an inability to bring them through.

As alarming has been his tactical limitations and inability to wrestle the control of a match when he doesn’t have it.

perfect summary of holger's tenure. holger out.

WolfMan
07-12-2012, 09:08 PM
Quality Free-Kick from Mooy to open the scoring. 1-0 about 10 minutes in.

Just had a 2nd goal ruled out for offside

Retro Jet
07-12-2012, 09:08 PM
1 down... 'bout 7 to go to have a chance lol

Retro Jet
07-12-2012, 09:09 PM
1 down... 'bout 7 to go to have a chance lol

Make that 2....

WolfMan
07-12-2012, 09:10 PM
Babalj makes it 2-0 with a tap-in, 19 minutes gone

WolfMan
07-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Any ideas as to why McKay is wearing a "Cech Style" Headgear?

plague
07-12-2012, 09:20 PM
Who is at left back?
its not........is it?............

Grimario
07-12-2012, 09:21 PM
Fractured his cheekbone in 4 places a week or two ago, has a metal plate in there at the moment and on doctors advice/orders, he has been told to wear the headgear for 10-12 weeks or something.

2-0 eh? How good are our young players, Holger you cvnt?

Grimario
07-12-2012, 09:21 PM
Who is at left back?
its not........is it?............

Marrone?

plague
07-12-2012, 09:24 PM
Marrone?

oh.
these 8-bit graphics on my Commodore 64 are really hard to make out.

WolfMan
07-12-2012, 09:26 PM
Cheers Grim....

It's obvious the youngsters aren't being instructed how to play to make use of space. Waaaayyyyy too much long ball/ direct play. Carve teams like this open with passing and movement

WolfMan
07-12-2012, 09:28 PM
oh.
these 8-bit graphics on my Commodore 64 are really hard to make out.

Boulderdash!

http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/996/996612/boulder-dash-20090621014110862.jpg

WolfMan
07-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Marrone, 41 minutes in and a poor Goalkeeping effort gifts it to him. 3-0

Retro Jet
07-12-2012, 09:58 PM
Oh Aaron... :sigh:

Grimario
07-12-2012, 09:58 PM
Oh Mooy god :gent:

Retro Jet
07-12-2012, 10:03 PM
4-0 Keep going lads

Carn Archie. We need 13 now!

Retro Jet
07-12-2012, 10:06 PM
THAT'S how you bury them. 12 to go AT

Grimario
07-12-2012, 10:07 PM
4-0 Keep going lads

Carn Archie. We need 13 now!

Good start for Archie

Retro Jet
07-12-2012, 10:09 PM
Make that 11....
We need to get at least 8 out of this one.

Grimario
07-12-2012, 10:11 PM
10 to go for Archie!

Retro Jet
07-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Archie with perhaps another record. Fastest Aussie? Asian? Inter-fricken-national hattie?

Retro Jet
07-12-2012, 10:30 PM
Well done Matty Mc. Played with a sense of urgency all night

Garcia makes it 9 and Nth Korea are very very nervous.....

Retro Jet
07-12-2012, 10:38 PM
Mooy you goose.... OMFG

Retro Jet
09-12-2012, 05:58 PM
0-3 DPR Korea after 37. (27, 33 & 36th)
HK...have a go ffs!

0-3 HT score.

Retro Jet
09-12-2012, 07:19 PM
0-4 FT
4th came in the 85th...

5-0 (at least) or bust!

Grimario
09-12-2012, 07:51 PM
0-4 FT
4th came in the 85th...

5-0 (at least) or bust!

Nah.

4-0 (or worse) and we are out.
5-0 (or bigger GD) and we go through.
6-2 (or any margin of 4, more than 6 scored) and we go through.

5-1 and they flip a coin. :gent:

Thomas477
09-12-2012, 08:32 PM
4 nil up within 30 mins.

Taggart x2
Cornflake
Garcia

Now expecting Holger to sit back on the 18 and just pass it around.

evolution
09-12-2012, 08:37 PM
5-0 now. Absolutely killing them.

Thomas477
09-12-2012, 08:38 PM
5-0 now. Absolutely killing them.

Behich with the fifth.

This is the game that McDonald would love to play in to break his duck :gent:

Retro Jet
09-12-2012, 08:56 PM
I hope Archie gets on and picks up that brace.
I can't remember what kind of opposition Mori got his 29 against, but I'd rather
the Aussie Football history books have our highest international goal scorer include the bloke who got
a World Record 13 in one game and a PDQ Hattie.

evolution
09-12-2012, 09:05 PM
6-0. Aaron Mooy free kick.

We could hit double figures here...

Retro Jet
09-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Mooy...he can score them from 28 - 30 yards but not from 4? tee hee.

6-0
Good night DPR Korea. Back to Pyongyang ya go..........

sammydog
09-12-2012, 09:06 PM
6-0, I turned the second half on at 48 minutes and missed it. no idea who.

Retro Jet
09-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Mooy...he can score them from 28 - 30 yards but not from 4? tee hee.

6-0
Good night DPR Korea. Back to Pyongyang ya go..........

Mooy with a screamer of a free kick in the keepers RH top corner.
No cob webs there now....they're smouldering!

sammydog
09-12-2012, 09:13 PM
7-0, Behich gets his second on 56min. Very tidy lead up play to a good finish.

Thompson subed on for Garcia.

evolution
09-12-2012, 09:13 PM
7-0. Behich gets his second.

Archie coming on for Garcia. He must be licking his lips!

Retro Jet
09-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Thompson on.
This could get ugly.........

sammydog
09-12-2012, 09:17 PM
Taggart is having a great game. Should have his hattrick.

boz-monaut
09-12-2012, 09:21 PM
still, Holger out

evolution
09-12-2012, 09:38 PM
8-0. Own goal.

sammydog
09-12-2012, 09:39 PM
Own goal on 81 minutes makes it 8-0.

sammydog
09-12-2012, 09:41 PM
Thompson, over the bar from 6 yards. The goal scoring record is looking safe.

evolution
09-12-2012, 09:48 PM
Full time 8-0. Quite oddly no injury time played.

Retro Jet
09-12-2012, 09:57 PM
Wiki page updated already.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_EAFF_East_Asian_Cup#Final_standing

Awards given out now. From TWG report:

Emerton was later named man of the tournament while Archie Thompson, who came on as a substitute for Garcia, was declared top scorer.

Yay...our first minor trophy in Senior men's football in Asia. :fap:

au revoir
09-12-2012, 10:13 PM

they were only qualifying matches... haven't won shit yet.

Retro Jet
09-12-2012, 10:26 PM

they were only qualifying matches... haven't won shit yet.

Yeah...hence the word 'minor' and the fap.....

militiamon
10-12-2012, 06:40 PM
See my post earlier in the month:

Taiwan are the American Samoa of the AFC. I am more surprised by the fact that they managed to score 1 against North Korea.

We have beaten their youth teams with scorelines of 11-0 in the past. Pretty silly that we have to compete against them in a competitive tournament.

Grimario
10-12-2012, 06:45 PM
We have beaten their youth teams with scorelines of 11-0 in the past. Pretty silly that we have to compete against them in a competitive tournament.

We had to go through the qualification process... why is that a bad thing? The bad thing is that Holger, Lord of the ****wits, picked a squad that was 70% old people. If he had picked an entirely U23 squad or entirely <10 caps squad, it would have been brilliant. Instead we have 7 defenders on the pitch at one time, left fullbacks playing on the wing... ****ing Holger.

militiamon
10-12-2012, 06:59 PM
My understanding is that China, South Korea and Japan didn't have to play any qualification matches, they automatically qualified for the final tournament. Is that right?

Needs a rework for the next edition if we're participating officially and not by invitation. Interrupts the A-League and other seasons too much, especially given that the opponents are of a lower standard than the NBN league.

Grimario
10-12-2012, 07:05 PM
My understanding is that China, South Korea and Japan didn't have to play any qualification matches, they automatically qualified for the final tournament. Is that right?

Needs a rework for the next edition if we're participating officially and not by invitation. Interrupts the A-League and other seasons too much, especially given that the opponents are of a lower standard than the NBN league.

We aren't even members of the EAFF though... that's why we went through qualifying. And the reason we went through qualifying is because Mongolia were suspended from international football and we were invited to participate.

militiamon
10-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Gotcha G, I actually bothered to look it up, I'm on the same page as you now.

Still bullshit that those ASEAN fxxxs have not let us join their party.

Grimario
10-12-2012, 07:21 PM
Gotcha G, I actually bothered to look it up, I'm on the same page as you now.

Still bullshit that those ASEAN fxxxs have not let us join their party.

Yeah, fecking cvnts, for sure. Actually... did we apply? Or are we waiting for them to invite us?

I know we are considered members in Football Manager... :gent:

Pico
11-12-2012, 08:28 AM
Would rather us join EAFF, much better quality in EAFF then anything in ASEAN, much better for our youth teams and mens teams.

boz-monaut
28-06-2013, 07:44 PM
training squad picked for the tournament no one seems to remember is happening in a month

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Three-Jets-selected-for-Socceroos-camp/69702

Socceroos training camp squad:
Dario VIDOSIC - Adelaide United FC
Eugene GALEKOVIC - Adelaide United FC
Ivan FRANJIC - Brisbane Roar FC
Jade NORTH - Brisbane Roar FC
Matt SMITH - Brisbane Roar FC
Joshua ROSE - Central Coast Mariners FC
Mitchell DUKE - Central Coast Mariners FC
Trent SAINSBURY - Central Coast Mariners FC
Archie THOMPSON - Melbourne Victory FC
Mark MILLIGAN - Melbourne Victory FC
Mitch NICHOLS - Melbourne Victory FC
Nathan COE - Melbourne Victory FC
Craig GOODWIN - Newcastle Jets FC
Mark BIRIGHITTI - Newcastle Jets FC
Ruben ZADKOVICH - Newcastle Jets FC
Joshua RISDON - Perth Glory FC
Michael THWAITE - Perth Glory FC
Scott JAMIESON - Perth Glory FC
Aaron MOOY - Western Sydney Wanderers FC
Tomi JURIC - Western Sydney Wanderers FC

MFKS
15-07-2013, 05:12 PM
Nagoya is only due to play a friendly against English giants Arsenal in the week the Socceroos face China, Japan and Korea Republic during the East Asian Cup, while the J-League competition takes a short mid-summer break.

And the Socceroos cannot lodge a FIFA protest if Nagoya does keep Kennedy, given the East Asian Cup is scheduled outside the international match calendar windows.

Kennedy, who has been a regular for Nagoya of late after a back injury laid the marksman low over the past 12 months, has scored three times in nine appearances for his club this year.

With Kennedy expected to miss the tournament, Adelaide United's Dario Vidosic , skipper Eugene Galekovic and Adelaide-born Newcastle Jets player Craig Goodwin are all expected to win Socceroos berths.

Japan is destined to take a young J-League-based squad to the East Asian Cup tournament with their European-based contingent tipped to be rested by boss Alberto Zaccheroni.

The Italian has named a squad of 40 J-League-based players for the East Asian Cup and is tipped to name his squad early next week.

The star of the Japanese domestic-based squad may well be Cerezo Osaka's Yoichiro Kakitani.

The 23-year-old gun midfielder has scored nine goals in 14 appearances for his club.

South Korea on Thursday named a strong 23-man squad with seven J-League players named.

Socceroos East Asian Cup schedule
South Korea v Australia – July 20
Japan v Australia- July 25
Australia v China – July 28

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/socceroos/josh-kennedys-j-league-club-nagoya-grampus-to-block-him-from-appearing-at-east-asian-cup/story-e6frf4l3-1226677820654#ixzz2Z60MKBkM.

GOODY to get picked :gent:

Premy
16-07-2013, 05:22 AM

GOODY to get picked :gent:

Would be cover for Makay as his club is apparently not releasing him too

russjaybee
16-07-2013, 12:17 PM
Is this shiz gonna be broadcast?
Game times should be good as we're only like an hour in front or something along those lines right?

BodyNovo
16-07-2013, 01:36 PM
NAME CLUB A-International Caps (Goals)
Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk) Newcastle Jets FC, AUSTRALIA 0 (0)
Joshua BRILLANTE Newcastle Jets FC, AUSTRALIA 0 (0)
Nathan COE (gk) Melbourne Victory FC, AUSTRALIA 3 (0)
Robert CORNTHWAITE Chunnam Dragons, KOREA REPUBLIC 7 (3)
Mitchell DUKE Central Coast Mariners FC, AUSTRALIA 0 (0)
Ivan FRANJIC Brisbane Roar FC, AUSTRALIA 3 (0)
Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk) Adelaide United FC, AUSTRALIA 6 (0)
Craig GOODWIN Newcastle Jets FC, AUSTRALIA 0 (0)
Tomi JURIC Western Sydney Wanderers FC, AUSTRALIA 0 (0)
Josh KENNEDY Nagoya Grampus, JAPAN, AUSTRALIA 31 (16)
Matt McKay Changchun Yatai FC, CHINA PR 38 (1)
Ryan McGowan Shandong Luneng Taishan FC, CHINA PR 3 (0)
Mark MILLIGAN Melbourne Victory FC, AUSTRALIA 22 (2)
Aaron MOOY Western Sydney Wanderers FC, AUSTRALIA 2 (2)
Mitch NICHOLS Melbourne Victory FC, AUSTRALIA 1 (0)
Jade NORTH Brisbane Roar FC, AUSTRALIA 34 (0)
Connor PAIN Melbourne Victory FC, AUSTRALIA 0 (0)
Erik PAARTALU Tianjin Teda, CHINA PR 0 (0)
Trent SAINSBURY Central Coast Mariners FC, AUSTRALIA 0 (0)
Adam TAGGART Newcastle Jets FC, AUSTRALIA 3 (2)
Archie THOMPSON Melbourne Victory FC, AUSTRALIA 50 (28)
Michael THWAITE Perth Glory FC, AUSTRALIA 11 (0)
Dario VIDOSIC Adelaide United FC, AUSTRALIA 16 (1)
Ruben ZADKOVICH Newcastle Jets FC, AUSTRALIA 1 (0)

that is the squad.

mon zads, awesome opportunity for him.

boz-monaut
16-07-2013, 01:57 PM
it's going to be broadcast on channel 505 - coverage starts at 7:50 Saturday night

russjaybee
16-07-2013, 01:58 PM
Was that single cap when he was an FC player playing at RB?
People's starting 11 out of that?

Thought Kennedy was outski?

-------------- COE --------------
Franjic--Corn---Sainsbury---McKay
-------Milligan-----Paartalu------
ARCHIE-------VIDOSIC-------PAIN
--------Kennedy or TAGZZ-----------

Seriously Franjic is the only RB in the squad, am I missing something? He's fkn so over-rated. Actually, probs chuck zad in there instead.

Edit, 505 ffs better be some decent streams.

joel31
16-07-2013, 02:00 PM
Woohoo 5 Jets
Craig, Rubes, Birraz, Taggart and Brilliante make us proud

russjaybee
16-07-2013, 02:05 PM
True didn't see Brillante.
After his showing (beard) at u20s he'll get a run at some point you would think, in for portaloo or mills.

joel31
16-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Who I'd play
http://this11.com/boards/abE86KJab2.jpg
Maybe Brilliante instead of Thwaite

militiamon
16-07-2013, 02:23 PM
Was that single cap when he was an FC player playing at RB?

Yep, in that horrible dead rubber match against China. I seem to recall saying that he should never be allowed near the national team again, lol.

People's starting 11 out of that?

-------------- COE --------------
Franjic--Corn---Sainsbury---McKay
-------Milligan-----Paartalu------
ARCHIE-------VIDOSIC-------PAIN
--------Kennedy or TAGZZ-----------

Will Galekovic not be the favoured keeper?
At RB there's also North, who is horrible imo, but may be thrown in due to experience. Zad and Brillante could also slot in if needed.
Is Sainsbury that highly rated to start at CB? I would've naturally thought that Thwaite and possible McGowan would be favoured. Again, there's also North.
LB will probably be McKay, but what I'd like to see is McKay to play in the middle (defensive midfielder) and Goodwin starting at LB.

As for the midfield and attack, there's lots of options there, all about equal on paper. Aside from the ones you've mentioned, there's also Mooy who would have to be right up there after his season for WSW. I figure he'll come into the picture at some point.

russjaybee
16-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Yeh backs are where I had trouble finding quality.

Would not play Cornthwaite + Thwait, a bit too similar for my liking and too slow, not to mention we should be giving young guns good competition experience here.

As much as I hate the fact he's a coastie I do rate him as a CB. I don't really know anything about McGowan but would not be against him starting there either.

Re Franjic, maybe this is the perfect time to give him a game to go terribly in so we never see him play for nats again?

As much as I love Gooderz I think Archie has to start. It's all well and good having young players but you also need quality around them and Archie has looked keen and sharp recently both for club and country. Use him while it lasts. Pain gets the nod over Goodwin due to his experience at u20.

You're right Galekovic is probably the favoured keeper.

Definitely expect the likes of Mooy, Taggart, Brillante to get a run.

Imyourhero
16-07-2013, 03:51 PM
Overall pretty exciting squad and I'm looking forward to seeing a few different combinations and player performances.

MFKS
16-07-2013, 11:26 PM
5 ****ing Jets players.

Holger does know that we are ****ing shit doesn't he???

Be priceless if the 5 of them turn in blinders. Ramp up the pressure on the ****wits in charge at our club who can't get them to gel

front2
17-07-2013, 12:45 AM
5 ****ing Jets players.

Be priceless if the 5 of them turn in blinders. Ramp up the pressure on the ****wits in charge at our club who can't get them to gel

In that case we could call them The Famous Five

russjaybee
17-07-2013, 09:59 AM

Be priceless if the 5 of them turn in blinders.

All that would do would reinforce the fact GvE is clueless and about as tactical as a battering ram. Some of these kids have put in great showing at various times, yet we look dour when we play, he's horse shit.

BodyNovo
17-07-2013, 10:17 AM
answer to all concerns

Paulo Okon

to bad the club is blind

russjaybee
17-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Paulo Okon

(Y)

russjaybee
20-07-2013, 07:24 PM
I hear tell row z is starting tonight, anyone else gonna be watching this?

boz-monaut
20-07-2013, 08:37 PM
just got home to see Korea have seven shots to our none

they're pretty much at full strength whereas we have Jade ****ing North playing for us

I might get a Socceroos shirt with Zadkovich on it - **** everyone else

steve136
20-07-2013, 08:40 PM
Sad to say it but Zads has been absolute aids. Couldn't complete a bloody pass to save his life in this game.

Imyourhero
20-07-2013, 08:45 PM
Whats our lineup?

steve136
20-07-2013, 08:48 PM
Starting: Galeckovic (gk), Thwaite, McGowan, Milligan (c), Thompson, Vidosic, North, Zadkovich, McKay, Duke, Franjic

boz-monaut
20-07-2013, 09:31 PM
this must be so frustrating for the Koreans

we're terrible

russjaybee
20-07-2013, 11:24 PM
Seriously Duke started over Taggart.
I saw a fair bit of it and it was pretty dire, could not keep the ball at all.
So many dirty dirty hoofs up from the back.

hawk
21-07-2013, 12:29 PM
The Socceroos goalkeeper Eugene Galekovic came to Australia's rescue on Saturday night, almost single-handedly holding a fiercely attacking South Korea to a 0-0 draw in their East Asian Cup clash in Seoul.
The Adelaide United keeper put in a steely display of technique and resolve, to keep a clean sheet.
The young Korean side, missing all their European stars, totally dominated play with the backline of Ivan Franjic, Jade North, Ryan McGowan and Matt McKay unable to contain the barrage of strikes.
Central Coast youngster Mitchell Duke made his Socceroos debut but, playing at the point of attack, barely got a touch in what was a very one-sided encounter.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/20/east-asian-cup-australia-south-korea-football

SK 2nds better than our 2nds

militiamon
21-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Was it their 2nds? Article says they were missing their European stars, but how many of those are typically in their starting line-up? The only players that would have been part of a full-strength side for us would have been McKay and Thompson (bench).
Doesn't take away from the fact that their locally-based team is better than our locally-based team.

belchardo
25-07-2013, 08:17 PM
aus v japan on at 9pm.

GazFish35
25-07-2013, 08:21 PM
Channel?

boz-monaut
25-07-2013, 08:29 PM

belchardo
25-07-2013, 09:26 PM
nice finish.

militiamon
25-07-2013, 09:27 PM
Quality makes it very difficult to watch this. I honestly think the U20 team would be doing a better job right now.
Japan isn't much better either tbh.

25-07-2013, 09:31 PM

Thank you

belchardo
25-07-2013, 09:33 PM
best thing about this match so far is that as there are only 300 japanese fans in the crowd, they can't keep up the "nippon" chant for the whole game.

GazFish35
25-07-2013, 10:39 PM
Only have watched the 2nd 45.
5 key points.

1. You can see that when we go forward, not many of the squad were in verbeek's impact zone. Meaning they look like they actually want to go forward.
2. "The old guard" need cleaning out now. These young kids (in experience) don't know ht they shouldn't be able to do.
3. Harper is still a useless shit. On duke's goal... " he's playing in the hardest part of the pitch" **** off dickhead. You've clearly never put a shift in at DM.
4. The young kids (in experience) need experience.
5. Eugene's been eating too many pies.

Beeen
26-07-2013, 12:51 AM
Just to reiterate, Harper is a deadset ****. Stick to your proverbial speak and seek employment from Collins or Macquarie, not quite Oxford.

BodyNovo
26-07-2013, 09:38 AM
really wasn't that impressed with duke tbh, although he took his goal well he just reminded me of a younger & faster matt simon. nothing technically special just runs all day (which you do need on a football field).

Mitch Nichols obviously plays his best football when his club coach is Ange, had a shocker last year under mulvey/rado

hope biraz gets a run on Sunday.

russjaybee
26-07-2013, 09:57 AM
****ing Holger needs calling out and booting out.
If it wasn't a WC year next year I would be calling for him to be turfed directly after this tournament.

The intentions for this tournament were never very clear.

After the game last night he stated he was using the tournament to test out new players in these conditions.

WHY THEN DO YOU WAIT TILL THE 88TH MINUTE TO SUB SOMEONE ON IN A GAME WE ARE TRAILING?
WHY THEN DO YOU START TWO GAMES WITH THE SAME STARTING LINEUP?

Really are Thwaite, Thompson, Milligan, Galeković, McKay players you need to test 2 games in a row?

Why wait so late to make obviously needed substitutions?

Am I the only one banging my head against a wall with his team selection and extremely conservative approach to substitutions, even in games that he himself states are purely to test players at this level?

Seriously...

MFKS
26-07-2013, 10:13 AM
****ing Holger needs calling out and booting out.
If it wasn't a WC year next year I would be calling for him to be turfed directly after this tournament.

The intentions for this tournament were never very clear.

After the game last night he stated he was using the tournament to test out new players in these conditions.

WHY THEN DO YOU WAIT TILL THE 88TH MINUTE TO SUB SOMEONE ON IN A GAME WE ARE TRAILING?
WHY THEN DO YOU START TWO GAMES WITH THE SAME STARTING LINEUP?

Really are Thwaite, Thompson, Milligan, Galeković, McKay players you need to test 2 games in a row?

Why wait so late to make obviously needed substitutions?

Am I the only one banging my head against a wall with his team selection and extremely conservative approach to substitutions, even in games that he himself states are purely to test players at this level?

Seriously...

My exact frustrations of 12 months ago.

Loved the crap from him when we played I think it was Lebanon in a friendly game a couple of days before a WCQ which we ended up losing to Jordan. Old mate Holger claimed our players ain't up to playing 2 games in a 3-4 days. As a result warm up games got scrapped.

His a few ideas.

Play the younger/fringe squad members and leave the old age pensioners in Neill Cahill Schwarzer etc on the sidelines
Regenerate the ****ing squad so the players are young enough and fit enough to do so.
Stop making ****ing excuses

Hopefully FIFA are accommodating at the World Cup draw and our retirees don't get drawn to play 3 games in 10-11 days cause our old farts can't ****ing cope according to our manager

russjaybee
26-07-2013, 10:20 AM
We should have just sent the u20 squad to the EAFF comp since they've been playing together, probably fitter as well.
I wouldn't have been surprised if they put in a better shift as well.

If Taggart doesn't get a run for the final game it's ridiculous. Yes he may have not featured last seasons BUT his performances for both the national team (EAFF qualifying) and the young nats team have been good.
Similarly with the likes of Brillante, everyone raved about his u20 wc then we start Milligan and Zadkid at CM?

Not to mention Milligan and Archie were denied playing against Manu and Liverpool ffs (I'd be blowing up).

Coe catching planes too and from Aus just to warm the bench for a 30 year old keeper that clearly doesn't really have a future in the national team. (y)

The shots of Holger on the bench last night looked like he was bored and did not give a ****.
Seriously makes me rage. He clearly has no passion for it, it's just a job (getting paid well I bet). He does not give a shit about Australian football progressing or about blooding through new talent.

Ange showed more passion in his brief comments on the panel.

Our national side is a shambles and this world cup is going to be painful as.

My2BobsWorth
26-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Holgers job was to qualify for the world cup, stop bandwagoning. You're on the wrong wagon anyway

russjaybee
27-07-2013, 07:27 PM
If that was the case My2BobsWorth Holger would be gone now since his job is over.

His job is to manage our national team. He stated himself that the EAFF tournament was going to be used to check out new players. Then goes on to start the same team twice and leave subs till the 88th minute.

Am I getting trolled?

My2BobsWorth
27-07-2013, 08:11 PM
I don't know what you mean:whistling:

belchardo
28-07-2013, 02:54 PM
http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/277783,several-socceroos-set-to-debut.aspx

brillante might get a start tonight.

Game on at 6pm, Fox 3 (503).

big game. win this and we don't come last.

belchardo
28-07-2013, 06:16 PM
fairweather fans the lot of you. can't win the comp so not worth watching. :D

brillante starting. he now has the best beard in international football.

belchardo
28-07-2013, 06:17 PM
holy crap, goodwin starting as well!

belchardo
28-07-2013, 06:18 PM
god. birra as well. full line up so that i can stop noticing extra newy boys.

Birighitti (gk), Brillante, McGowan, Cornthwaite, McKay (c), Duke, Paartalu, Mooy, Goodwin, Nichols, Juric

belchardo
28-07-2013, 06:20 PM
totally not birra's fault there. brillante however...

militiamon
28-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Only been watching a few mins but I can already tell he's not at his best at right-back. Holger's style doesn't seem to suit him at all in this position. Definitely should have been played in the centre of midfield if he was going to be played at all.

sammydog
28-07-2013, 06:46 PM
What a cracking goal from Mooy. Awesome long range effort.

belchardo
28-07-2013, 07:14 PM
great goal.

agree re brillante, not a right back. definitely better in DM role.

belchardo
28-07-2013, 07:29 PM
nichols! god, what a miss.

you can tell half the squad is in pre-season. brillante again. not having the best night.

what's everybody reckon about paaralu? gone backwards? has not impressed me so far tonight.

Jetmaster
28-07-2013, 07:34 PM
Not a good couple of minutes for Birraz either. He should have come out and dealt with that Corny air swing and then for the goal, could have done a little better.

Zico
28-07-2013, 07:58 PM
Piss poor game

plague
28-07-2013, 08:01 PM
Player ratings: Yeah i know its not over yet but ****it ive seen enuff.
Birazz: 7. goals not his fault, must feel like a Jets game having spastic defenders in front of him. Still better than Matt Ryan.
Cornthwaite: 0. ****ing shit, Josh Mitchell in a different shirt. Can wait til Middleby signs him to a 4 year $700,000 contract.
McGowan: yeah whatevs.
Brillz: hey Holger, how bout next time pick him at striker to really **** him over. having said that, "trendy/wacky" facial hair, tatts, clothes etc only work when you can back it up. needs to shave the shit beard asap and be known for something a little more substantial.
McKay: blah.
Partaluu:1. terrible. and hes supposed to be one of the ones in better shape. 3 years too late.
Mooy: 9.best young player in the the A-league, showed it again tonight with some retards around him. class. probs never play again.
Goodwin: 8. done what was asked, tried at both ends. prob didnt take any calls from GVE in the last few days telling him how shit he was. he impressed so much that GVE already has him pencilled in on the bench for first 6 games next year.
nichols: said it before ill say it again, he is shit. Hollman-lite. runs around all day and gets the occasional tap in. can provide neither shots or passes of any class. overrated. also is a dead set turd. the worst. the only upside is he is $1.01 to be bald by the time hes 30.
duke:-39. gypo scum. worst player ever. cant see why hes there other than Holger is scamming his centrelink payments or something.
Juric: 7. goes alright. bit of mongrel. great idea to call him the new Viduka. no pressure. although Corthwaite got called the new mitchell and has defineitely lived up to the billing.
Pain/Taggart: need haircuts. ffs what is with the youth these days?

in the time i typed this China scored 2 goals. please take about 989 points off the rating i gave corthwaite.

belchardo
28-07-2013, 08:04 PM
woo! taggz!

glad one jets player has had a good night.

and i think i understand now why neill keeps getting picked in the national team. the other options really aren't that good.

belchardo
28-07-2013, 08:07 PM
nice goal.

we can't keep relying on thomspon to come on and change a match. he's going to retire after brazil surely.

russjaybee
29-07-2013, 09:32 AM
I don't know what you mean:whistling:

ffs... >.<

BTW after all is said and done the thing that Holger got out of the tournament is that Mitch Duke is a real talent, look for more of him in the national team... FFS he's a shit gypo that doesn't offer anything.

hawk
30-07-2013, 07:06 PM
nice goal.

we can't keep relying on thomspon to come on and change a match. he's going to retire after brazil surely.

Archie is 1 month younger than kewell and everyone has said kewell was finished 3 years ago...archie's finished ezy

My2BobsWorth
30-07-2013, 07:37 PM
I don't know if Frank and Holger have had THE talk or are yet to have THE talk, but I would like to know the direction Frank wants to take. A presser would be nice bout this time. All indications are that a change is on the cards, but then again they may be consolidating the fact that we don't have very many players worthy.