GO AWAY
23-01-2019, 02:34 PM
Toronto Awaba v Weston Bears tonight

U23 - 6pm
1st - 7.30pm

Lyall Peacock Oval

dan
24-01-2019, 11:53 AM
How did the games go last night GO AWAY?
How are the Stags looking early on?

GO AWAY
24-01-2019, 01:52 PM
U23 - Weston 3-0 ( good effort, couple of late goals sealing it )
1st Weston 4-3 , great intense first hit out.
Stags actually led 2-1 ht
Great hit out, if we can keep all the players on the park from last night, the boys will be in it this year.

dan
25-01-2019, 03:17 PM
That’s a good result for an early hit out GO AWAY. How have sessions been under the new head coach? All the best for the season

GO AWAY
29-01-2019, 12:31 PM
That’s a good result for an early hit out GO AWAY. How have sessions been under the new head coach? All the best for the season

Boys seem to be enjoying it mate, everything from nobbys beach on a Friday night to hogh intensity small sided stuff, a lot of the boys have played NPL so don't think high intensity s new to them.

Toronto Awaba v Maitland FC
Saturday Feb 2.
19s 3.30
23s 5pm
1st 6.30
Will be a huge step up, but the boys are looking forward to it

GO AWAY
10-02-2019, 09:13 PM
Toronto Awaba v Kahibah youth games

U13 7-0
U14 4-0
U15 3-1
U17 2-1

Clean sweep for junior stags, been A while coming.... great effort .

U19 v cooks hill 2-4
U23/1st v cooks hill 23s 3-2

Good weekend of trials.

Hunter403
11-02-2019, 09:12 PM
Toronto Awaba v Kahibah youth games

U13 7-0
U14 4-0
U15 3-1
U17 2-1

Clean sweep for junior stags, been A while coming.... great effort .

U19 v cooks hill 2-4
U23/1st v cooks hill 23s 3-2

Good weekend of trials.

A good afternoon of trials in a great location.

GO AWAY
25-02-2019, 10:32 AM
Toronto Awaba v Cooks Hill Wednesday night @ Lyall Peacock Oval should be a good guide where stags area at.

6PM Toronto Awaba U23 v Morissett select ( Mikhail De Bastos Shield )
7.30 PM Toronto Awaba v Cooks Hill

Had 200 at Season Launch sat night, three jets getting interviewed and signing autographs.

Best part, eight life members in attendance ... was a great successful night.

The Hacker
25-02-2019, 08:23 PM
Belswans having a 1-1 draw with Dudley and losing both lower grades not a great sign 2 weeks out from their comp and Dudley 3 weeks into pre season. Belswans might slide from the top to mid table

GO AWAY
28-02-2019, 10:09 AM
Cooks Hill 4 Toronto Awaba 1

Not a fair indication of the game, cookers four goals all quality bombs, I think all from outside 18, and all in first half. No denying they were better side and should have won, play like last night, not many will get near them IMO.

Bon
28-02-2019, 10:23 AM
Cooks Hill 4 Toronto Awaba 1

Not a fair indication of the game, cookers four goals all quality bombs, I think all from outside 18, and all in first half. No denying they were better side and should have won, play like last night, not many will get near them IMO.

There certainly were some cracker goals in that game.. I think it was the third one, old-mate just cracked it from outside the box, top corner where the spiders live.. Great game to watch..

The Mikhail De Bastos Shield went as:
Tronno 23's 3 - Motown Select 6

Roundball Enthusiast
28-02-2019, 04:02 PM

Guessing you played in the Select? Thus the 3 conceded?

GO AWAY
28-02-2019, 04:12 PM
There certainly were some cracker goals in that game.. I think it was the third one, old-mate just cracked it from outside the box, top corner where the spiders live.. Great game to watch..

Was the best seeing all the Morri boys again ( a lot ex-stags by the way ;) , bunch of boys who have for the most part just played for the fun and mateship, never known a closer bunch of blokes. Hope ya"s all have a good season at your prospective clubs.

Hunter403
24-03-2019, 11:04 PM
Great result for Kahibah today against the Gunners. Not what was expected.

Dontknowmuch
25-03-2019, 10:04 AM
Great result for Kahibah today against the Gunners. Not what was expected.

Surely South Cardiff had players missing. Everyone has them just about winning the comp. Did Dino play?

Jardelsimage
25-03-2019, 10:32 AM
Surely South Cardiff had players missing. Everyone has them just about winning the comp. Did Dino play?

Southy started well, Dino scored? and should have been at least 2 up. Kahibah equalized and then went on with the job, worked hard and did what they needed to do and wanted it more.

Alton
25-03-2019, 12:37 PM
Southy started well, Dino scored? and should have been at least 2 up. Kahibah equalized and then went on with the job, worked hard and did what they needed to do and wanted it more.

Gunners were very ordinary the 3 or 4 times I watched them last season, there would want to have been a major transformation.

Dontknowmuch
25-03-2019, 03:06 PM
Gunners were very ordinary the 3 or 4 times I watched them last season, there would want to have been a major transformation.

They run 5th and have signed more than likely the Golden Boot of the comp and a NPL class midfielder and a few other experienced boys. They have transformed just thought they would be better.

Jardelsimage
25-03-2019, 03:29 PM
They run 5th and have signed more than likely the Golden Boot of the comp and a NPL class midfielder and a few other experienced boys. They have transformed just thought they would be better.

yes they seemed like they have picked up a few players.
hakin seems a bit underdone, service to dino wasn't the greatest I thought.
maybe another midfielder moves back into the backs, I think he does his best work there.
have the makings of a quality side, just need to play both halves.

Dontknowmuch
26-03-2019, 11:55 AM
yes they seemed like they have picked up a few players.
hakin seems a bit underdone, service to dino wasn't the greatest I thought.
maybe another midfielder moves back into the backs, I think he does his best work there.
have the makings of a quality side, just need to play both halves.

I was referring to Cassirolli, Hakan has been a passenger in this league for years

GO AWAY
30-03-2019, 12:44 PM
Toronto Awaba v Kahibah still on

mefa1984
04-04-2019, 07:45 AM
Any results from FFA Cup games mid week?

Hunter403
04-04-2019, 08:21 AM
Kahibah won, Singo lost

GO AWAY
04-04-2019, 03:55 PM
Toronto Awaba 5-1

dan
04-04-2019, 03:58 PM
0 - Wallsend
3 - New Lambton

cymonster
04-04-2019, 10:50 PM
Singo didn't score a single pen in the shoot out. They also took the lead twice and gave it away twice

MisplacedPasses
05-04-2019, 12:18 PM
Singo didn't score a single pen in the shoot out. They also took the lead twice and gave it away twice

NL1 is such a great competition

GO AWAY
05-04-2019, 03:05 PM
Cookers 4-2
Belswans 2-0
New Lambton / Wallsend 1-1
Southy 4-0
Cessnock 2-2 westy

Hunter403
06-04-2019, 06:37 PM
Great result for Kahibah today against Belswans. Definitely deserved.

GO AWAY
15-04-2019, 12:25 PM
What an effort by the stags yesterday, great result, hopefully kick start their season

Alton
15-04-2019, 12:30 PM
What an effort by the stags yesterday, great result, hopefully kick start their season

And??

GO AWAY
15-04-2019, 01:10 PM
And??

and what ?

hopefully kick start their season ??

Bon
15-04-2019, 01:12 PM
and what ?

hopefully kick start their season ??

I'm assuming Alton was, like the rest of us, wondering what the result was exactly?

GO AWAY
15-04-2019, 01:15 PM
1st Toronto Awaba 2-1
U23 2-2
U19 Toronto Awaba 2-0

Bon
15-04-2019, 01:18 PM
1st Toronto Awaba 2-1
U23 2-2
U19 Toronto Awaba 2-0

Cheers mate..
Now, get back to Tronno pub.. :gent:

GO AWAY
15-04-2019, 01:24 PM
Cheers mate..
Now, get back to Tronno pub.. :gent:

If you insist

GO AWAY
15-04-2019, 01:25 PM
If you insist

Wet pussies all the way bon meister

plague
20-04-2019, 08:05 PM
Your boy Plague doing his duty out pressing the flesh and securing votes for the upcoming election.
New Lambton won all 3 grades vs Kahibah.

Alton
03-05-2019, 01:37 PM
I reckon South Cardiff will win this week when they take on South Cardiff

Retro Jet
05-05-2019, 09:12 AM
Sth Cardiff bois decided to shake on it and share the points.

In the absence of NewySports and for people who can't be bothered looking up SportsTG (or clubs who couldn't be @rsed putting scores in an hour or two after the last game...like they're supposed to..?)

1st C/Hill 1 v Sth Cardiff 1
23s C/Hill 1 v Sth Cardiff 2
19s C/Hill 3 v Sth Cardiff 2

Other 2 Sat game scores, anyone?

That felt good. Just like the old days of putting scores in on the Foz.

Hunter403
13-05-2019, 03:57 PM
How on earth did Kahibah go from 4-1 up with 20 minutes to go to lose 5-4?

Hell of a comeback from Cookers!

Goatscheese
13-05-2019, 08:52 PM
How on earth did Kahibah go from 4-1 up with 20 minutes to go to lose 5-4?

Hell of a comeback from Cookers!

What happened to Kahbiah for them to let in 4 goals in the last 15 minutes

Laws is good at changing a game around but this good?

Aegon
15-05-2019, 11:36 AM
On the subject of prizemoney (another thread) - how much do teams stand to make from winning NL1, ZPL etc?

I can't comprehend the fact that some clubs have a budget in the tens of thousands for their squads, but it is possibly naivety in not knowing what they are possibly going to win.

A mates son plays in NL1 U23's. He gets $50 an appearance for playing first grade. If he plays 10 games that's $500 for a fringe player. If first grade has a squad of 15(?) over 20 games on even that as a minimum that's $15,000 at least per season.

Premy
15-05-2019, 07:28 PM
On the subject of prizemoney (another thread) - how much do teams stand to make from winning NL1, ZPL etc?

I can't comprehend the fact that some clubs have a budget in the tens of thousands for their squads, but it is possibly naivety in not knowing what they are possibly going to win.

A mates son plays in NL1 U23's. He gets $50 an appearance for playing first grade. If he plays 10 games that's $500 for a fringe player. If first grade has a squad of 15(?) over 20 games on even that as a minimum that's $15,000 at least per season.

Yet they say there is no money in the game.
There is plenty, it's just not going to the right place.

Onyatoes
23-05-2019, 11:23 AM
The standard in Newfm 23s and 1sts and NPL 20s is very close. NPL 20s is not great. A good NPL 20yr old should be playing 1st team football somewhere. Experienced Newfm 1st grade sides like Cooks Hill and Belswans obviously carry some NPL quality of years past but the fact that the Newfm league sees clubs paying big dollars to field teams to win a 2nd tier is really financial malpractice. Newfm should be about young NPL 20s who see no future in waiting for an ex A League players to piss off and get a job to go looking for a decent game where they can potentially play where they belong with some half decent players or get put back in the shop window for another NPL chance. With promotion and relegation on the cards in the new NPL, and with U20s having some age restrictions released to appease Olympic and Magic, 2nd tier clubs will need to quickly adjust their budgets and focus on youth. Sure pay a rego for a good 18-23 yr old kid or a win bonus of $100 for some. But pay based on worth and value adds that they give back or perish. The Youth comps in Newfm are the same 4 or 5 clubs in each age at the top. All with a focus on development. The rest couldnt care and use excuses of demographics or competition for players as a reason why they dont develop or attract talented kids. NPL teams like Lakes and Valo should drop into a second tier and align their Youth teams to Newfm Youth teams. Avoids the 16-0 scorelines. 10 team NPL incl Cooks Hill, 12 team Newfm and Lakes and Valo can start again.

Dontknowmuch
23-05-2019, 11:52 AM
Yet they say there is no money in the game.
There is plenty, it's just not going to the right place.

Senior NL1 teams would generate $15k to $20k throughout the season through canteen, sponsors, gate and functions without trying to hard. That;s without charging the Junior players like the NPL clubs do. Can't see why a club would have a Senior budget of less than $20k to pay for rego's and game bonuses should they wish to. As long as you are not taking from the juniors then I believe you should be able to spend it on the seniors. At this level there may not be any huge prizemoney but i believe we all play for a level of success and if using $$$ to entice better quality players so you have more success then so be it as long as you can afford it.

BP Super Dynamos
25-05-2019, 03:34 PM
Singleton v Toronto Awaba
Half time 2-0
Stags are woeful

BP Super Dynamos
25-05-2019, 04:30 PM
Singo ran out 4-1 victors
DMac needs to stop recycling rubbish

GO AWAY
19-06-2019, 12:06 PM
Recycled rubbish 1
Cessnock 0
Can someone tell me how Southy could call tonight's deferred already games off the day before because ground is too wet ?

prawnhead
19-06-2019, 01:44 PM
Recycled rubbish 1
Cessnock 0
Can someone tell me how Southy could call tonight's deferred already games off the day before because ground is too wet ?

Recycled rubbish is a bit harsh GA. What are your thoughts on the Stags season to date? I thought they’d be higher on table tbh.

Goatscheese
19-06-2019, 11:12 PM

Probably for the same reason how it could be called off the first time.

Actually what I heard was that it had already been moved to LMFF and booked there, however, Northern realised they still required it and so told the two clubs it will be pushed back to another day

Also Cooks Hill have finally had a defeat at the hands of New Lambton

Hunter403
05-08-2019, 07:00 PM
Looks like the semi finalists are sorted.

Makes for a good final series!

Goatscheese
05-08-2019, 10:50 PM
Looks like the semi finalists are sorted.

Makes for a good final series!

Though not in the right order, this weekend will determine if it is Westy or Southy facing off against Cooks Hill in the semis

Imyourhero
06-08-2019, 08:47 AM
Kahibah and Thornton would have to be dissapointed with their seasons. Particularly Thornton who have been up in the top 4 a few years in a row previously. They finished 2nd last year didn't they?

Dontknowmuch
06-08-2019, 10:01 AM
Kahibah and Thornton would have to be dissapointed with their seasons. Particularly Thornton who have been up in the top 4 a few years in a row previously. They finished 2nd last year didn't they?

Thornton would be dissapointed, but the comp has become much stronger this year looking at the table. Cessnock have improved a fair bit, Toronto at times were much stronger, Wallsend I think beat Cookers, Singleton were in the mix for finals half way through the season, Southy invested big money in some quality players and have finally made the finals and I'm sure Kahibah finished like 10th last year so fair turnaround.

Local Rules
06-08-2019, 11:22 AM

Thornton, or Weston Lite, would be disappointed but having a look at how Weston went NPL the last few seasons and now a fair few of these players have become the backbone of the Thornton side is it the players that they have are just not cutting it.

ForeverRed
06-08-2019, 11:55 AM
Thornton would be dissapointed, but the comp has become much stronger this year looking at the table. Cessnock have improved a fair bit, Toronto at times were much stronger, Wallsend I think beat Cookers, Singleton were in the mix for finals half way through the season, Southy invested big money in some quality players and have finally made the finals and I'm sure Kahibah finished like 10th last year so fair turnaround.
How much is big money, fairdinkum, what a laugh, people who guess when they talk make me laugh, know your facts, jog on boy

Alton
06-08-2019, 12:24 PM
How much is big money, fairdinkum, what a laugh, people who guess when they talk make me laugh, know your facts, jog on boy

I agree with FR but also ask him, how do they think they can be a NPL side if they don't spend up ??

ForeverRed
06-08-2019, 01:30 PM
Time will tell, how can any club plan when NNSWF cannot decide on a format after 3 long years, clubs should have known months ago what the go was, now every one is in limbo

Dontknowmuch
06-08-2019, 03:31 PM

Fact -They have spent more money this year than they did last year and they have got the result for it and good on them, but it still remains a fact that they have spent big money on players to get into the finals. Don't see any issue with it just stating a fact. Prove me wrong ForeverRed you man of knowledge on everything.

As for Alton, not sure that it is a pre-requisite to pay players to get into NPL. There is no promotion if you win the comp ask Cooks Hill.

Goatscheese
06-08-2019, 10:24 PM
Time will tell, how can any club plan when NNSWF cannot decide on a format after 3 long years, clubs should have known months ago what the go was, now every one is in limbo

A joke that Northern will wait till after the NPL final, clubs are getting ready now for next year, difficult to determine what coaches, players and money you will need if you don't know what the future plans are going to be. Will be alright for the top NPL teams but any NewFM teams that might be vying for promotion (if it even comes in) don't know if it is worth bringing in the players to get promoted or not.

Goatscheese
06-08-2019, 10:25 PM
Fact -They have spent more money this year than they did last year and they have got the result for it and good on them, but it still remains a fact that they have spent big money on players to get into the finals. Don't see any issue with it just stating a fact. Prove me wrong ForeverRed you man of knowledge on everything.

As for Alton, not sure that it is a pre-requisite to pay players to get into NPL. There is no promotion if you win the comp ask Cooks Hill.

How much is big money?

Dontknowmuch
07-08-2019, 11:00 AM
How much is big money?

I would say any amount greater than what a player is worth to other clubs. Also I would also say any win bonus greater than $75 in NL1 would be considered as big money, or more than they should be.

Alton
07-08-2019, 12:19 PM
A joke that Northern will wait till after the NPL final, clubs are getting ready now for next year, difficult to determine what coaches, players and money you will need if you don't know what the future plans are going to be. Will be alright for the top NPL teams but any NewFM teams that might be vying for promotion (if it even comes in) don't know if it is worth bringing in the players to get promoted or not.

They just won't make the big calls like Richard Face did years ago, it is soooooooooooooooooo obvious who misses out, the hardest thing is who comes in, if any !!!!

Goatscheese
07-08-2019, 10:10 PM
I would say any amount greater than what a player is worth to other clubs. Also I would also say any win bonus greater than $75 in NL1 would be considered as big money, or more than they should be.

A brother's love is probably worth more than what other clubs wanted to offer I suppose.

Hunter403
11-08-2019, 09:13 PM
Paid a visit to Fearnly this weekend. Saw Cookers and Kahibah.

If Cookers are going up, they had better spend a lot on that ground. Really poor. Probably the poorest in the NEWFM.

Alton
12-08-2019, 12:36 PM
Paid a visit to Fearnly this weekend. Saw Cookers and Kahibah.

If Cookers are going up, they had better spend a lot on that ground. Really poor. Probably the poorest in the NEWFM.

Name a good one in New FM? All pretty poor IMO

Hunter403
12-08-2019, 04:09 PM
Name a good one in New FM? All pretty poor IMO

Given the usage, they are often not too bad. However, Cookers is worse by some distance IMHO. NEWFM clubs don't seem to have the ability to lock up thier main ground like NPL clubs do.

Overall, Ulinga, Kahibah, Belswans and Westy seem ok when you consider the traffic on them.

Goatscheese
13-08-2019, 12:07 AM
Given the usage, they are often not too bad. However, Cookers is worse by some distance IMHO. NEWFM clubs don't seem to have the ability to lock up thier main ground like NPL clubs do.

Overall, Ulinga, Kahibah, Belswans and Westy seem ok when you consider the traffic on them.

The worst? Thornton's ground is worse than Cooks Hill any day.

Who else is using Cooks Hill ground during winter?

Alton
13-08-2019, 01:39 PM

You are on the money Goatscheese, dual use on a poor ground will go against Cookers promotion ambtions.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
13-08-2019, 01:52 PM
You are on the money Goatscheese, dual use on a poor ground will go against Cookers promotion ambtions.

Cookers are a well run club and their top flight ambitions aren't new so I would be sure they would have a situation that satisfies Northern sorted.
I was told that they may have a deal for No.2 sorted if they get promotion, but that was absolute rumour and hearsay and not form someone that is currently associated with them (so take it with a grain of salt)

Negative Police
13-08-2019, 06:46 PM
Cookers are a well run club and their top flight ambitions aren't new so I would be sure they would have a situation that satisfies Northern sorted.
I was told that they may have a deal for No.2 sorted if they get promotion, but that was absolute rumour and hearsay and not form someone that is currently associated with them (so take it with a grain of salt)

Cookers have a knack of finding a good $$ grant to improve facilities when needed. Dont underestimate.

Duzmzn
13-08-2019, 09:17 PM
Cookers have a knack of finding a good $$ grant to improve facilities when needed. Dont underestimate.

If they get No2, that is 2nd to the playing field at Gateshead in quality surface. The surface that the Rugby play on is pretty good.

Hunter403
13-08-2019, 11:12 PM

Ah yes, you are right. Forgot about that one. I stand corrected. Still, Cookers aren't much better.

Alton
14-08-2019, 01:45 PM
Don’t worry they are staying in second division

Hunter403
14-08-2019, 05:30 PM
So it seems that NEWFM youth have a trip to Tamworth now and no bye (assuming Northern Inland can field a team).

Commiserations to all those NEWFM hard working committees that spend hours and hours on their NPL applications to be told "no change". I imagine they are gutted.

Also bet that Valentine and Lakes are breathing easier!!

Hunter403
15-08-2019, 01:41 PM
So where to now for NL1 clubs??

No promotion, no relegation. Dead end league?
Will youth players will look to leave to go to NPL clubs if good enough?
Will better senior players be more likely to move on to NPL clubs if the opportunity is there?
Will the clubs be satisfied with the substantial cost to be in the NL1 (I imagine far higher than ZPL)?
Would SAP kids want to even bother with NL1 clubs?
How can NNSW not accept an NPL2 when NSW can manage NPL3 with worse facilities than most clubs here have?

Why would they bother?

Imagine the clubs giving NNSW the finger.

Huge effort wasted on a nil result.

As there appears to be no transparency on the process, I can only imagine the questions flooding the minds of those at Southy, Cookers, Kahibah etc when they compare themselves to the likes of Valentine, Adamstown and Lakes. There willbe some very pi55ed off people out there.

Discuss..

ForeverRed
15-08-2019, 02:22 PM
Run the leagues independently, the A league do

boz-monaut
19-08-2019, 07:26 PM
any word on where the Grand Final will be this year?

I've spent 20 seconds googling it and can't find anything

ForeverRed
19-08-2019, 07:57 PM
Edgeworth I think

boz-monaut
19-08-2019, 08:00 PM
cheers

Hunter403
19-08-2019, 08:31 PM
any word on where the Grand Final will be this year?

I've spent 20 seconds googling it and can't find anything

Youth grades at West Wallsend

Alton
20-08-2019, 04:20 PM
South Cardiff v South Cardiff at South Cardiff, I've always wanted to say this" there will only be one winner in this game"

ForeverRed
20-08-2019, 08:20 PM
South Cardiff v South Cardiff at South Cardiff, I've always wanted to say this" there will only be one winner in this game"

Let’s hope it’s the home team

Goatscheese
20-08-2019, 09:46 PM
So where to now for NL1 clubs??

No promotion, no relegation. Dead end league?
Will youth players will look to leave to go to NPL clubs if good enough?
Will better senior players be more likely to move on to NPL clubs if the opportunity is there?
Will the clubs be satisfied with the substantial cost to be in the NL1 (I imagine far higher than ZPL)?
Would SAP kids want to even bother with NL1 clubs?
How can NNSW not accept an NPL2 when NSW can manage NPL3 with worse facilities than most clubs here have?

Why would they bother?

Well what a ****ing joke Northern is, no change in the foreseeable future after a lot of effort a lot of clubs went to to ensure they were compliant and plans in place to be NPL ready. Northern must be the only association nationally that does not have promotiion and relegation between their top two leagues. With the exception of Northern Territory.

How gutless, how incompetent or indeed how corrupt are the Northern board to not actually allow this? One of the three or perhaps all three.

As there appears to be no transparency on the process, I can only imagine the questions flooding the minds of those at Southy, Cookers, Kahibah etc when they compare themselves to the likes of Valentine, Adamstown and Lakes. There willbe some very pi55ed off people out there.

Discuss..

It appears the decision was based on this is too hard, we have vested interests in the status quo so **** it let's not do anything to make a change. How Croudace Bay Complex can be considered a better facility than any NL1 club is anyone's guess. How can a club that for the past three years had their first grade in the bottom three and only one of their other teams once make finals in those three years be considered to be a team good enough for NPL?

Beppe
21-08-2019, 04:50 PM
Well what a ****ing joke Northern is, no change in the foreseeable future after a lot of effort a lot of clubs went to to ensure they were compliant and plans in place to be NPL ready. Northern must be the only association nationally that does not have promotiion and relegation between their top two leagues. With the exception of Northern Territory.

How gutless, how incompetent or indeed how corrupt are the Northern board to not actually allow this? One of the three or perhaps all three.

It appears the decision was based on this is too hard, we have vested interests in the status quo so **** it let's not do anything to make a change. How Croudace Bay Complex can be considered a better facility than any NL1 club is anyone's guess. How can a club that for the past three years had their first grade in the bottom three and only one of their other teams once make finals in those three years be considered to be a team good enough for NPL?

In my opinion, they should just have promotion and relegation into all division regardless of facilities, youth, coaching etc. If a club wants to rise through the ranks, they shouldn't be penalised for not meeting a criteria. A criteria that at the end of the day has yet to yield any real improvement on the quality of football in the area. If you take magic as one of the premier clubs, this was not done over night, it takes time. Clubs will rise, clubs will fall, if your not performing on the pitch, that's all that should matter. I would love to see a club like Cooks Hill come back up into the top division, then in time they can continue to develop/improve as a club. Anyway i think we over complicate things sometimes. And i don't see any positive changes coming.

Negative Police
21-08-2019, 07:16 PM
Dont nnsw now have to re-assess each year about promotion, relegation and criteria. Doesnt mean nnsw will do anything but at least the 3 year wait garbage is over.

Hunter403
21-08-2019, 08:01 PM
Dont nnsw now have to re-assess each year about promotion, relegation and criteria. Doesnt mean nnsw will do anything but at least the 3 year wait garbage is over.

True. It will be interesting to see the effect of rejection has on Cookers and South Cardiff particularly. Already hearing rumours of departures from both clubs.

ForeverRed
21-08-2019, 08:54 PM
There’s plenty of people who have walked, not just players but good people who worked for three years only to be let down, with no vision in site why bother

Goatscheese
21-08-2019, 09:24 PM

Well the 3 year garbage has now gone to four years. We will see if Northern actually do anything

There’s plenty of people who have walked, not just players but good people who worked for three years only to be let down, with no vision in site why bother

Yep players, coaches and committee members have walked, looking to walk or still deciding. It's a great shame to these clubs that put work in to build up the club and the teams are now going to lose good members because they now know they have no chance of getting in NPL. Law has already left Cooks Hill, number of players in the top four sides are looking to go to NPL some have already signed contracts with NPL clubs. Northern have no direction or idea and in the process killed off part of their league

Imyourhero
21-08-2019, 09:35 PM
Where has Law moved to?

Goatscheese
22-08-2019, 08:14 PM
Where has Law moved to?

I understand Olympic 23s but if that is false he has told the Cooks Hill he is leaving regardless.

Goatscheese
22-08-2019, 08:17 PM
In my opinion, they should just have promotion and relegation into all division regardless of facilities, youth, coaching etc. If a club wants to rise through the ranks, they shouldn't be penalised for not meeting a criteria. A criteria that at the end of the day has yet to yield any real improvement on the quality of football in the area. If you take magic as one of the premier clubs, this was not done over night, it takes time. Clubs will rise, clubs will fall, if your not performing on the pitch, that's all that should matter. I would love to see a club like Cooks Hill come back up into the top division, then in time they can continue to develop/improve as a club. Anyway i think we over complicate things sometimes. And i don't see any positive changes coming.

Well yeah indeed and if a club isn't good enough they get relegated again. So much for requiring criteria as well, Valentine don't come anywhere near it yet Northern turn a blind eye to them. Just put in relegation and promotion the clubs that consistently do well will be able to upgrade and want to upgrade as they go along. Some of the criteria is ridiculous too that appears to have been almost designed to ensure no NewFM club can meet it without a couple hundred thousand to spend on demolishing and rebuilding their clubhouses and other facilities.

Bremsstrahlung
23-08-2019, 10:39 AM
I can see why criteria is important in some respects. You want your regions best playing on good surfaces and facilities in place to develop youth.
The idea of postponing the promotion/relegation was in theory to allow clubs to focus on developing their youth, facilities and other aspects of the club instead of spending money on players to try and gain promotion.

All well and good, but now we have had 4 years with no movement. Another year with no plan. And no future.
It’s a kick in the teeth to clubs aspiring to become NPL clubs.
It’s a kick in the teeth to the region as we have a few clubs in NPL that have been cellar dwellers for years and are making up numbers and minimal progress.

In saying that, the top 6 in NPL is the closest it has been for as long as I can remember. As for the rest....

Just be transparent FFs and tell clubs what they need to do or if it’s a dead end.

Johnno
23-08-2019, 11:44 PM
I can see why criteria is important in some respects. You want your regions best playing on good surfaces and facilities in place to develop youth.
The idea of postponing the promotion/relegation was in theory to allow clubs to focus on developing their youth, facilities and other aspects of the club instead of spending money on players to try and gain promotion.

All well and good, but now we have had 4 years with no movement. Another year with no plan. And no future.
It’s a kick in the teeth to clubs aspiring to become NPL clubs.
It’s a kick in the teeth to the region as we have a few clubs in NPL that have been cellar dwellers for years and are making up numbers and minimal progress.

In saying that, the top 6 in NPL is the closest it has been for as long as I can remember. As for the rest....

Just be transparent FFs and tell clubs what they need to do or if it’s a dead end.

I agree that’s what it was intended to do develop juniors improve facilities. But it just hasn’t worked. Just look at the team that’s likely to win the premiership on Sunday, no change to the facility except for new council provided fence around the ground, how many of their juniors are in first squad on Sunday? And a player budget spend reportedly of $140-$150K and where have all there 20’s players that have played in last two grand finals gone? Not into the firsts squad.

Hurricane
24-08-2019, 12:03 AM
I agree that’s what it was intended to do develop juniors improve facilities. But it just hasn’t worked. Just look at the team that’s likely to win the premiership on Sunday, no change to the facility except for new council provided fence around the ground, how many of their juniors are in first squad on Sunday? And a player budget spend reportedly of $140-$150K and where have all there 20’s players that have played in last two grand finals gone? Not into the firsts squad.

Maybe try getting out from under your rock Johnno before commenting on the facility at Maitland if you think a new fence is all that has been done.
In last two years MFC has replaced fencing, had pop up sprinklers installed making it one of the best surfaces in the comp, constructed a new gear shed plus awning over existing canteen, built a new grandstand as well as seating in grandstand, erected nets behind goals on main ground and training ground.
As for the 20's, there are still 8 of the starting 11 from last years grand final playing, they have just had a poor season, jennings brown duggan yates webb townsend rutherford duggan .
So crawl back under your rock and bag out some other club pal, a great job by Maitland if they win the premiership 5 years after being promoted

magician
24-08-2019, 11:26 AM

Nawwww someone’s abit salty

Retro Jet
24-08-2019, 04:35 PM
4 v 1 Semi's
Ulinga Oval

U19s Kahibah 0 v West Wallsend 1
U23s New Lambton 0 v C/Hill 2
1st Sth Cardiff 0 v C/Hill 5

Hurricane
25-08-2019, 08:28 PM

Where's Wally, i mean Johnno

hamburgler
25-08-2019, 09:54 PM
Maybe try getting out from under your rock Johnno before commenting on the facility at Maitland if you think a new fence is all that has been done.
In last two years MFC has replaced fencing, had pop up sprinklers installed making it one of the best surfaces in the comp, constructed a new gear shed plus awning over existing canteen, built a new grandstand as well as seating in grandstand, erected nets behind goals on main ground and training ground.
As for the 20's, there are still 8 of the starting 11 from last years grand final playing, they have just had a poor season, jennings brown duggan yates webb townsend rutherford duggan .
So crawl back under your rock and bag out some other club pal, a great job by Maitland if they win the premiership 5 years after being promoted

Firstly congrats to Maitland, well deserved premiership.
Disagree with your comments Johnno the ground and facilities are much better than prior years.
Agree though on players, I remember hearing a couple of years back how club had a plan to have a number of existing 20s players into firsts squad. Failed miserably on that front with not one single player promoted to firsts

Hurricane
25-08-2019, 10:01 PM
Firstly congrats to Maitland, well deserved premiership.
Disagree with your comments Johnno the ground and facilities are much better than prior years.
Agree though on players, I remember hearing a couple of years back how club had a plan to have a number of existing 20s players into firsts squad. Failed miserably on that front with not one single player promoted to firsts

End of the day , it's about winning premierships isn't it ???
Maybe if existing 20's had been promoted, Maitland still wouldn't have won a premiership.
Unfortunately, you can't promote existing 20's at any club if they aren't good enough

MFKS
26-08-2019, 05:05 AM
End of the day , it's about winning premierships isn't it ???
Maybe if existing 20's had been promoted, Maitland still wouldn't have won a premiership.
Unfortunately, you can't promote existing 20's at any club if they aren't good enough

And you also can't promote them without opportunity

Chelsea are a classic example

De Bruyne Salah Lukaku are 3 guys who have slipped through their hands as they chose not to provide opportunities

Hunter403
26-08-2019, 01:02 PM
NEWFM YOUTH GRAND FINALS

ALL GAMES AT WESTY ON SATURDAY
13s
New Lambton v Cooks Hill 9am
14s
South Cardiff v New Lambton 11am
15s
Kahibah v West Wallsend 1pm
17s
New Lambton v West Wallsend 3pm

Alton
27-08-2019, 12:24 PM
South Cardiff smashed 5-0 at home, WOW!!

onlooker
27-08-2019, 12:45 PM
For so long now this comp really hasn’t had much point to it, paying players good sums of money to be in a comp that no matter where you come you will be next year.. it’s clear that no clubs will be going up in the near future but northern will pretend as tho they have every intention to do it... so my suggestion is to have this comp align with the zone comps and have promotion relegation between this and ZPL. For starters over the years the weak teams will drop out and you will get a stronger comp ( and still make all teams playing in it have the goal of being eligible for NPL) and it will give the comp a sense of worth.. and you can stop paying Money to players that don’t deserve it and spend that on upgrading the facilities.

I’m aware there will be opposing opinions as to why this is a bad idea, which will be cause for a great discussion.

Dontknowmuch
27-08-2019, 02:59 PM
For so long now this comp really hasnÂ’t had much point to it, paying players good sums of money to be in a comp that no matter where you come you will be next year.. itÂ’s clear that no clubs will be going up in the near future but northern will pretend as tho they have every intention to do it... so my suggestion is to have this comp align with the zone comps and have promotion relegation between this and ZPL. For starters over the years the weak teams will drop out and you will get a stronger comp ( and still make all teams playing in it have the goal of being eligible for NPL) and it will give the comp a sense of worth.. and you can stop paying Money to players that donÂ’t deserve it and spend that on upgrading the facilities.

IÂ’m aware there will be opposing opinions as to why this is a bad idea, which will be cause for a great discussion.

This will hurt a few current clubs that have invested money in recent years on players so they had the results to go up to NPL. Its is rumoured there are South Cardiff players moving to NPL next season and it seems Law has left Cooks Hill which surely will have a flow on effect to their playing stocks. Its my belief any NewFM Club paying players now will seriously look for reasons why they are, what are they getting out of it. The no Promotion/Relegation decision has set the NewFM comp backwards, how far only time will tell.

Jardelsimage
27-08-2019, 03:21 PM
South Cardiff smashed 5-0 at home, WOW!!

Alton no WOW about it, pretty embarrassing on all fronts. Cant say much else....

Alton
28-08-2019, 12:44 PM
Alton no WOW about it, pretty embarrassing on all fronts. Cant say much else....

Cheers Mario

Goatscheese
28-08-2019, 05:35 PM
This will hurt a few current clubs that have invested money in recent years on players so they had the results to go up to NPL. Its is rumoured there are South Cardiff players moving to NPL next season and it seems Law has left Cooks Hill which surely will have a flow on effect to their playing stocks. Its my belief any NewFM Club paying players now will seriously look for reasons why they are, what are they getting out of it. The no Promotion/Relegation decision has set the NewFM comp backwards, how far only time will tell.

One has to wonder if Northern have the interests of the game in the region or the NPL clubs at heart. Clearly not the former since they don't want to do anything to build it up and appear to have no intention of doing a promotion/relegation compeition. How they think Croudace Bay Complex is a better facility than any NewFM ground is beyond anyone with half a brain about football. They said 3 years for all clubs to fix it up, plenty of clubs have done it in NewFM or ready to and some NPL clubs did **** all. End result Northern didn't reward clubs that did work, didn't punish clubs that didn't do anything over 3 years and simply said they couldn't be ****ed and we won't be changing anything.

Negative Police
28-08-2019, 06:48 PM
One has to wonder if Northern have the interests of the game in the region or the NPL clubs at heart.

Dont think anyone is wondering. They appear to be watching their own pockets more than building the game.

Retired01
29-08-2019, 09:32 AM
I believe they are sitting on the fence until the 2nd division ALeague is either a go or no go. I'm assuming a couple of NPL clubs will believe they are in a position to enter it.
Don't get me wrong though. I think it BS to make comments on improving facilities and then renege on that agreement of relegation

Goatscheese
29-08-2019, 09:24 PM
I believe they are sitting on the fence until the 2nd division ALeague is either a go or no go. I'm assuming a couple of NPL clubs will believe they are in a position to enter it.
Don't get me wrong though. I think it BS to make comments on improving facilities and then renege on that agreement of relegation

If that is truly their reason for waiting then they are bigger fools than most people on here make them out to be. Clealry not going to happen in the next 2-3 years. Northern happy to allow their second tier to languish and decline in case something happens in the future. If it ever happens it will take a lot longer to build up the quality than letting it flourish now.

Negative Police
30-08-2019, 06:11 PM
Weather changes

https://northernnswfootball.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Finals-Weekend-2.pdf

Hunter403
01-09-2019, 08:37 AM
Youth Grand Final results
13s
New Lambton 1 def Cooks Hill 0
14s
South Cardiff 3 def New Lambton 1
15s
Kahibah 2 def West Wallsend 1
17s
New Lambton 6 def West Wallsend 0

Thomas477
01-09-2019, 11:36 AM
Youth Grand Final results
13s
New Lambton 1 def Cooks Hill 0
14s
South Cardiff 3 def New Lambton 1
15s
Kahibah 2 def West Wallsend 1
17s
New Lambton 6 def West Wallsend 0

Jeez that kahibah coach did well in 15s

Hunter403
01-09-2019, 03:36 PM
Jeez that kahibah coach did well in 15s

I hear he's a genius.

Thomas477
01-09-2019, 05:29 PM
I hear he's a genius.

So have I. Wouldn’t have wanted to have been on the committee that replaced him.

Goatscheese
01-09-2019, 07:46 PM
So have I. Wouldn’t have wanted to have been on the committee that replaced him.

Do you know why Kahibah dropped him?

Hunter403
01-09-2019, 09:19 PM
Do you know why Kahibah dropped him?

This season's coach not dropped. That was last year's

Goatscheese
01-09-2019, 09:36 PM
This season's coach not dropped. That was last year's

Probably a good thing then that Kahibah fired last year's coach

fan atic
04-09-2019, 12:26 PM
Until NNSWF get it ideology into thinking about the benefits of football to the Newcastle and hunter region and have relegation and promotion into and out of not only the NPL but also the NL 1 as there are plenty of teams that would like to promote themselves and spend big money on players and facilities for improvement. The longer NNSWF keep the same old format and remove the incentive for clubs in the northern league one to better themselves and move into the top tier and the incentive to improve their facilities the game will suffer. As we see today the same old teams in NPL come in the top 4 and the same old teams come in the bottom 4. We see NL1 with same teams finishing in the top 3 or 4 and they have absolutely no incentive to spend money on players or their facilities to gain entry and make the teams in the NPL fight for a position. Similarly in the Zone Premier / league their is no incentive to strive to improve and gain promotion as they will face the same dilemma. Having been around football for some 50 years I seen the benefits of promotion and relegation and the want of clubs to improve. The current executive of NNSWF need to look back in history to see how teams fought for the place in the top tier and they had a good foundation of junior players striving to break into senior football. One of the biggest challenges facing clubs is payment to players and with the incredibly over payments the clubs do not have any money left to assist and / or contribute to improving their facilities.

mefa1984
04-09-2019, 01:02 PM
Any results from last night?

boz-monaut
04-09-2019, 01:30 PM
Cooks Hill won 4-3 in firsts and are through to the Grand Final

Goatscheese
18-09-2019, 09:38 PM
Cooks Hill announced that Doug West is taking over Law at Cooks Hill. Be interesting to see how well they go especially since Law has taken a few of the stronger 1st grade players to Charlestown with him

hamburgler
18-09-2019, 10:03 PM
Cooks Hill announced that Doug West is taking over Law at Cooks Hill. Be interesting to see how well they go especially since Law has taken a few of the stronger 1st grade players to Charlestown with him

Good choice in Doug West.

Hunter403
18-09-2019, 10:25 PM

Doug will attract players

Bremsstrahlung
19-09-2019, 05:38 PM
Was there a grand final?
Who won?

Hunter403
19-09-2019, 10:20 PM
Was there a grand final?
Who won?

Belswans beat Cookers

Hunter403
19-09-2019, 10:21 PM
Darrel McAllister to Southy

Imyourhero
20-09-2019, 08:09 PM
Interesting!

hamburgler
21-09-2019, 07:26 AM
Brendan Slade to Singleton

GO AWAY
27-09-2019, 04:36 PM
Steve piggott to Toronto Awaba

The Hacker
27-09-2019, 08:47 PM
Steve piggott to Toronto Awaba

This would be a huge get

Hunter403
27-09-2019, 10:50 PM
This would be a huge get

Done deal

GO AWAY
29-09-2019, 08:29 AM
Piggott, wheelhouse and bowling the brains trust at Toronto Awaba ... not a bad trio to get the club back up where it belongs. May have got the spoon last year, but was a stepping stone with two wins over Belswans and some better results then 2018

Supersub
30-09-2019, 12:21 PM
Only hope it works out better than his time with Maryland lol

Johnno
30-09-2019, 06:13 PM
Only hope it works out better than his time with Maryland lol

And his time at Weston x 2, Maitland, TD at Edgy etc.etc.

ForeverRed
30-09-2019, 07:53 PM
And his time at Weston x 2, Maitland, TD at Edgy etc.etc.
Don’t judge unless you have achieved what he has as a coach

Hurricane
30-09-2019, 08:39 PM
Don’t judge unless you have achieved what he has as a coach

No disrespect, as a bit younger , but what has he achieved as a coach

Supersub
30-09-2019, 09:14 PM
Genuine piss take here, I have seen his results over the years and he is quality. Obviously different circumstances at Maryland can’t argue with his record.

outsider
01-10-2019, 04:17 PM
Genuine piss take here, I have seen his results over the years and he is quality. Obviously different circumstances at Maryland can’t argue with his record.

Maybe something to do with the quality of the cattle he had to play with

GO AWAY
04-10-2019, 07:21 AM
On there website Piggott, Wheelhouse and Bowling doing selections and the coaching out there, not a bad three to be involved.

traffic light
04-10-2019, 09:34 AM
On there website Piggott, Wheelhouse and Bowling doing selections and the coaching out there, not a bad three to be involved.

Jobe still connecting his academy with Jaffas?

Aegon
04-10-2019, 09:39 AM
Jobe still connecting his academy with Jaffas?

How is his academy connected with the Jaffas apart from using their field?

YewYew
04-10-2019, 02:13 PM
How is his academy connected with the Jaffas apart from using their field?

Come on dude - everyone know Jobe is linked to Jaffas and points good kids there way. Same with Newcastle Football - they tell Jaffa’s and Hamilton the good kids from there clinics. I even heard about NF actually bringing players to NET trials for some clubs!

Imyourhero
18-10-2019, 09:09 PM
With newysports out of action lately there hasn't been much chat on coach/player movements for next year. Who is coaching Cookers next year? How are they likely to fair with the loss of a few handy players?

Hunter403
18-10-2019, 09:54 PM
With newysports out of action lately there hasn't been much chat on coach/player movements for next year. Who is coaching Cookers next year? How are they likely to fair with the loss of a few handy players?

Doug West is the new coach. Excellent player, good bloke and good coach.

plague
19-10-2019, 08:15 PM
good bloke

can confirm. think ive met him a few times completely outside of soccer.
pretty sure he he was helping out with some SAP teams this year too which is cool.

Goatscheese
20-10-2019, 04:13 PM

Cooks Hill will still be fine and stay up there, I think the biggest drop will be South Cardiff losing all senior coaches and quite a number of their better players.

Hunter403
21-10-2019, 04:49 PM
Cooks Hill will still be fine and stay up there, I think the biggest drop will be South Cardiff losing all senior coaches and quite a number of their better players.

Thinks don't look rosy at Ulinga but hopefully they can still do well. A strong Southy to push Cookers and Belswans is always welcome. Would love to see Kahibah push on next season.

Jim
21-10-2019, 11:51 PM
Thinks don't look rosy at Ulinga but hopefully they can still do well. A strong Southy to push Cookers and Belswans is always welcome. Would love to see Kahibah push on next season.

Why are coaches leaving Southy?

YewYew
22-10-2019, 02:43 AM

No NPL. Northern screwed them over and now they paying the price.

Alton
22-10-2019, 12:57 PM
No NPL. Northern screwed them over and now they paying the price.

The outgoing coach is nowhere near the coach the new bloke is.

Hurricane
22-10-2019, 01:03 PM

Coming of his wooden spoon at Toronto ?

Dontknowmuch
22-10-2019, 02:12 PM

Wow depends which coach you are referring to but Dennis Faj from the outside looking in was doing a very good job and will be a huge loss. Time will tell I suspect.

Alton
22-10-2019, 02:53 PM
Wow depends which coach you are referring to but Dennis Faj from the outside looking in was doing a very good job and will be a huge loss. Time will tell I suspect.

Exactly right,from the outside you nailed it.

Goatscheese
22-10-2019, 10:51 PM

Northern have said no NPL for the NewFM teams, no point hanging around pushing for a NPL spot when Northern aren't going to give any clubs a look in, they have either retired (Fajkovic) or gone for NPL gigs. Same with a lot of the 1st grade players, those that have left have all gone to play for NPL clubs.

Goatscheese
22-10-2019, 10:51 PM

Time will tell but if South Cardiff make finals I will be shocked.