PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Women's Premier League

boz-monaut
07-01-2019, 08:56 PM
discussion here

Poseidon
17-03-2019, 06:14 PM
Very quiet in here.

Two rounds in and plenty of goals in all grades. Seems to be a big gap from top to bottom in the grades.

Goatscheese
17-03-2019, 07:43 PM
Very quiet in here.

Two rounds in and plenty of goals in all grades. Seems to be a big gap from top to bottom in the grades.

Did WPL manage to get to play today?

Not surprised that FMNC aren't doing well, very young team and some players playing both games.

Adamstown will also go poor this year, some of their better players have left, they cling on to long term players that aren't deserving of a starting 1st grade spot and a couple players that happen to get injured every year.

Poseidon
17-03-2019, 09:51 PM
FMNC 0 New Lambton 7
Buds 2 South Wallsend 4
Other 2 games washouts.

sammydog
17-03-2019, 10:18 PM
Looks like being

Warners Bay
Merewether
New Lambton

Day Light

Wallsend
Sth Wallsend

Daylight

Adamstown

Daylight

Thornton
Mid North Coast

Nnswf
19-03-2019, 12:33 AM
Honestly looks to be a 4 horse race. Maybe Wallsend could be there or there abouts with some good results throughout the year. Still, must be a record number of w league players past and present in the competition which can only be good for the league? Hopefully girls from the bottom 4 sides don’t loose too much confidence from there encounters with the top 4 sides

Poseidon
19-03-2019, 11:24 PM
Shaping up to be a great season. Getting a decent amount of media attention too which is good for for the league.

Goatscheese
14-05-2019, 09:43 PM
Saw the New Lambton coach complaining about their game against Adamstown being played on #2

Firstly why was it played on #2 and not #1?

Secondly why has the club dramatically reduced the size of #2 they have decreased the width by about 10m and decreased the length by about 5m. Poor field and poor form for the club to make such a small field

flubber
14-05-2019, 10:40 PM
The field has been shifted toward the Clubhouse to avoid bad drainage in the corner near the drain. Council moved it as there was lots of room further across, and it is exactly the same size as always, just shifted. Hopefully that keeps it dry during winter as it is usually rained out for half the season. Nothing to do with the Club. It's a Council Field that gets marked once at the start of the season. The Club just remarks it.

Games were on Number 2 because Number one was used by the NPL Teams all weekend.

Johnno
14-05-2019, 11:24 PM
The field has been shifted toward the Clubhouse to avoid bad drainage in the corner near the drain. Council moved it as there was lots of room further across, and it is exactly the same size as always, just shifted. Hopefully that keeps it dry during winter as it is usually rained out for half the season. Nothing to do with the Club. It's a Council Field that gets marked once at the start of the season. The Club just remarks it.

Games were on Number 2 because Number one was used by the NPL Teams all weekend.

But in all seriousness why is he complaining all the grounds other than Adamstown 1 are pathetic in that competition. It’s a supposed Premier League competition played on community grounds. I heard unconfirmed that the Thornton match got called off because the cricket pitch area was too hard. Seriously!!! As for the competition itself three clubs are just making up the numbers. Hasn’t the New Lambton club brought players from other clubs that are now struggling. How can they be paid its unsustainable.

Goatscheese
15-05-2019, 01:15 AM
But in all seriousness why is he complaining all the grounds other than Adamstown 1 are pathetic in that competition. It’s a supposed Premier League competition played on community grounds. I heard unconfirmed that the Thornton match got called off because the cricket pitch area was too hard. Seriously!!! As for the competition itself three clubs are just making up the numbers. Hasn’t the New Lambton club brought players from other clubs that are now struggling. How can they be paid its unsustainable.

Well New Lambton play at Alder which is a decent ground and some of their games are also played at Arthur Edden. Mid North's ground is good and John St Oval is fine at the start of the season. But I do get your point, though for whatever reason the club has decided to make Adamstown #2 much smaller, at least others are of a decent size. Though I do get your point, Myamblah and Walker Field are terrible as well.

I know the Thornton match got called off in NewFM this week because the cricket pitch was unsafe to play on, it's a joke and Thornton should look at moving. Don Lawrence would be better.

Not sure about New Lambton buying players from other clubs, the two clubs that are struggling is Thornton (no players from there at New Lambton) and Adamstown (Laura Allen went there but she didn't want out because of money). New Lambton do pay players as do Warners Bay and I believe South Wallsend. Adamstown at the very least give all 1st grade players free rego.

Goatscheese
15-05-2019, 01:19 AM

One would wonder why the council didn't move it based on bad drainage in the corner that has been like that for a couple seasons. The council isn't concerned about that stuff while they initially marked it to say the club had nothing to do with it and didn't discuss it with the council is a furphy and goes against how Newcastle Council operates. That is to say they don't care about that stuff.
The ground is most certainly smaller than in previously both length and width, even if it has been shifted across.

Aegon
15-05-2019, 09:22 AM
Does the WPL have a player points system in place to prevent team loading?

If not, it needs it. I can understand the desire for players wanting to move in order to try and win the league but is is detrimental to the entire competition seeing the best players from the lower teams moving to the top teams every season. This just results in teams being stacked as they currently are and a completely lopsided competition.

sammydog
15-05-2019, 09:40 AM
Well New Lambton play at Alder which is a decent ground and some of their games are also played at Arthur Edden. Mid North's ground is good and John St Oval is fine at the start of the season. But I do get your point, though for whatever reason the club has decided to make Adamstown #2 much smaller, at least others are of a decent size. Though I do get your point, Myamblah and Walker Field are terrible as well.

I know the Thornton match got called off in NewFM this week because the cricket pitch was unsafe to play on, it's a joke and Thornton should look at moving. Don Lawrence would be better.

Thornton Cricket pitch doesn't surprise me, we played on it the weekend before and the field was great other than the cricket pitch which was VERY wet and slippery. Not surprised that once it dried out it went like concrete. Got no idea how they resolve that issue either.

Bull fighter
15-05-2019, 03:31 PM
Does the WPL have a player points system in place to prevent team loading?

If not, it needs it. I can understand the desire for players wanting to move in order to try and win the league but is is detrimental to the entire competition seeing the best players from the lower teams moving to the top teams every season. This just results in teams being stacked as they currently are and a completely lopsided competition.

Couple of years ago they introduced a limit on current W-League players, restricting each club to 3. As far as I know that is the only rule. It is difficult for the lower teams trying to attract players but of the players that switched clubs this year I do believe it was more about what the calibre of the coach and being in a competitive side than anything to do with money, if they do happen to get paid its virtually nothing.

Bull fighter
15-05-2019, 03:52 PM

Think your confused - Unsustainable = NPL, costs and spend on WPL a fraction of the $150K+ budgets of the big NPL clubs.
Seriously any female being paid is getting virtually nothing and way below what they deserve but good on them for finally being able to earn some pocket money.

I will agree on this, Merewether & Southy home grounds are terrible.

Barry Dawson
15-05-2019, 04:32 PM
I'd agree with that statement regarding coaches. South Wallsend is a good example of this.

The Club culture and how women's football is treated and developed is another aspect for sure.

Goatscheese
15-05-2019, 10:20 PM
Thornton Cricket pitch doesn't surprise me, we played on it the weekend before and the field was great other than the cricket pitch which was VERY wet and slippery. Not surprised that once it dried out it went like concrete. Got no idea how they resolve that issue either.

Ideally tell cricket to **** off rip it out and returf the entire pitch.

flubber
16-05-2019, 12:31 AM
I wouldn't fret about Adamstown Number 2 too much. There has been one round of WPL played there in 12 years and no more scheduled in the foreseeable future. Every other game since the WPL started has been played on Adamstown Number 1 or LMRFF, so I don't see that it's on the cards to make it a regular thing to play out of Number 2. I would hazard a guess that it's more what games were scheduled on that date and what grounds were available, rather than a desire to play on that ground.

Bull fighter
16-05-2019, 02:17 PM
Looks like being

Warners Bay
Merewether
New Lambton

Day Light

Wallsend
Sth Wallsend

Daylight

Adamstown

Daylight

Thornton
Mid North Coast

Great to see this comp no where near as predictable as last couple of seasons approaching the half way mark. South Wallsend easily have the best side on paper and should be clear favourites to figure in the trophies.

Aegon
17-05-2019, 01:12 PM
Saw the New Lambton coach complaining about their game against Adamstown being played on #2

Firstly why was it played on #2 and not #1?

Secondly why has the club dramatically reduced the size of #2 they have decreased the width by about 10m and decreased the length by about 5m. Poor field and poor form for the club to make such a small field

I recently spoke with a player about this and was told that the New Lambton Coaches comments were taken out of context.

The main point he was trying to make is that all WPL games should be played on a pitch that is held to a certain standard, not the individual circumstances of playing on Adamstown no.2.

Bull fighter
30-05-2019, 01:04 PM
Haven't seen many games but around the half way mark of the competition here is my prediction on how I think the table will finish after round 21:
1. New Lambton
2. South Wallsend
3. Merewether
4. Warner's Bay
5. Wallsend
6. Mid North Coast
7. Thornton
8. Adamstown

Leading goal scorer will come from the top 5;
Andrews (NL) - 20 from 8 games
Kingsley (WB) - 19 from 12 games
Dobson - (Mer) 17 from 11 games
Brodigan (SW) - 16 from 10 games
Allan (NL) - 15 from 11 games

Johnno
30-05-2019, 11:37 PM
Haven't seen many games but around the half way mark of the competition here is my prediction on how I think the table will finish after round 21:
1. New Lambton
2. South Wallsend
3. Merewether
4. Warner's Bay
5. Wallsend
6. Mid North Coast
7. Thornton
8. Adamstown

Leading goal scorer will come from the top 5;
Andrews (NL) - 20 from 8 games
Kingsley (WB) - 19 from 12 games
Dobson - (Mer) 17 from 11 games
Brodigan (SW) - 16 from 10 games
Allan (NL) - 15 from 11 games

Totally agree and could play finals now as that will be the order. It’s just a shame this competition is so lopsided bottom 3 clubs so so far behind the rest. Wallsend next then the two most successful clubs in past 5 years in the Bay andMerewether will be 3 & 4 then the two clubs who have virtually brought the best players from the other clubs will finish 1 & 2 and that model in this competition played on suburban grounds with no gate takings is unsustainable.

Bull fighter
31-05-2019, 12:01 AM
[QUOTE=Johnno;225449]Totally agree and could play finals now as that will be the order. It’s just a shame this competition is so lopsided bottom 3 clubs so so far behind the rest. Wallsend next then the two most successful clubs in past 5 years in the Bay andMerewether will be 3 & 4 then the two clubs who have virtually brought the best players from the other clubs will finish 1 & 2 and that model in this competition played on suburban grounds with no gate takings is unsustainable.[/QUOTE

Not sure what you mean about ‘buying’ players, think only maybe 1 or 2 players moved from other clubs to Southy.
Not enough quality players for an 8 team competition and this hasn’t been helped by the rapid growth in the other women’s codes.

Bull fighter
03-06-2019, 02:25 PM
Semi final preview this weekend with top 4 playing each other:
Warner's Bay v Merewether @ John Street Oval
South Wallsend v New Lambton @ Walker Field
Unfortunately won't be able to make either game but think that they will both be extremely entertaining and hard fought battles.

After 47 games not one draw this season, surely can't be far away....

POS TEAM PTS
1 New Lambton FC 36
2 South Wallsend JSC 27
3 Warners Bay FC 24
4 Merewether United FC 24
5 Wallsend FC 15
6 Adamstown Rosebud 6
7 Football Mid North Coast 6
8 Thornton Redbacks FC 3

Johnno
03-06-2019, 06:07 PM
Semi final preview this weekend with top 4 playing each other:
Warner's Bay v Merewether @ John Street Oval
South Wallsend v New Lambton @ Walker Field
Unfortunately won't be able to make either game but think that they will both be extremely entertaining and hard fought battles.

After 47 games not one draw this season, surely can't be far away....

POS TEAM PTS
1 New Lambton FC 36
2 South Wallsend JSC 27
3 Warners Bay FC 24
4 Merewether United FC 24
5 Wallsend FC 15
6 Adamstown Rosebud 6
7 Football Mid North Coast 6
8 Thornton Redbacks FC 3

But a hell of a lot of lopsided scorelines

Bull fighter
03-06-2019, 06:35 PM
But a hell of a lot of lopsided scorelines

Nearly every comp that I have seen over the last 20 years invariably splits into a top and bottom half Johnno almost like 2 divisions within a comp, including Men, Boys, Girls, Mixed, Northern One & our mighty National Premier League with the likes of Magic, Edgy, Lambton & Olympic being in a different class to Adamstown, Lakes & Valentine and there has been quite a few lopsided scores in games over the last few seasons, no quick fix for these clubs just got to keep chipping away unfortunately can’t change it overnight.

Goatscheese
03-06-2019, 09:49 PM
Nearly every comp that I have seen over the last 20 years invariably splits into a top and bottom half Johnno almost like 2 divisions within a comp, including Men, Boys, Girls, Mixed, Northern One & our mighty National Premier League with the likes of Magic, Edgy, Lambton & Olympic being in a different class to Adamstown, Lakes & Valentine and there has been quite a few lopsided scores in games over the last few seasons, no quick fix for these clubs just got to keep chipping away unfortunately can’t change it overnight.

Might happen better if there was promotion and relegation. Can't happen in WPL but in NPL where is the incentive for these teams to improve?

Johnno
03-06-2019, 11:55 PM

Agree to an extent but no where close to situation in this comp if you compare the goal differences (for and against) the gulf in the WPL is massive with three clubs already at -40+ what is the hope and desire for these clubs, players and volunteers to keep going when certain clubs can just pay players and others can’t. Rumour has it New Lambtons Player budget in WPL is $60K they don’t make this on match days but can afford it due to levying their 1200+ junior players. If Northern don’t do something soon there won’t be a WPL or if there is it will be 4 or 5 clubs. Already rumours Mid Coast are out next year and Thornton considering if it’s all worth it again.

Goatscheese
04-06-2019, 01:17 AM
Rumour has it New Lambtons Player budget in WPL is $60K they don’t make this on match days but can afford it due to levying their 1200+ junior players.

A big rumour based on nothing, imagine how much they have to levy their players to pay the player budget of $60k and also their NEWFM budget which would have to be a lot higher than $60K if the WPL rumour is correct (it isn't)

Aegon
04-06-2019, 10:16 AM
Agree to an extent but no where close to situation in this comp if you compare the goal differences (for and against) the gulf in the WPL is massive with three clubs already at -40+ what is the hope and desire for these clubs, players and volunteers to keep going when certain clubs can just pay players and others can’t. Rumour has it New Lambtons Player budget in WPL is $60K they don’t make this on match days but can afford it due to levying their 1200+ junior players. If Northern don’t do something soon there won’t be a WPL or if there is it will be 4 or 5 clubs. Already rumours Mid Coast are out next year and Thornton considering if it’s all worth it again.

WPL need to implement a player points system. Too many players leave the lower to mid table teams to join the strong teams. if they limited player transfers, dual registered players, A-League players, etc at each club it would have at least some effect.

Bull fighter
04-06-2019, 12:07 PM

Who did you hear that from the Tooth Fairy Johnno.

South Wallsend would have had the biggest budget and have assembled the strongest squad. From the outside they appear to be been very successful in obtaining sponsorship and good luck to them as they are bringing in quality players and pushing the level higher in the competition.
What I do seem to recall a couple of seasons ago was Thornton stacking their reserves/18's and winning the Grand Final 8 goals to 1, didn't hear you complaining about that lop sided result between the top two sides.

monz6
04-06-2019, 03:54 PM
Might happen better if there was promotion and relegation. Can't happen in WPL but in NPL where is the incentive for these teams to improve?

Not the place for an NPL discussion however - Weston finished last in 2017, they are first this year, if they got relegated to the second league last year you can almost comfortably say they would not be top of the npl table right now.

Incentive to improve is surely attracting better players, bigger crowds, maybe more sponsorship (I don’t know that as 100% fact it’s just an assumption)

Not sure if relegating a club like Weston with the history it has in this region is the best interest of the NPL

Bull fighter
04-06-2019, 04:40 PM
Not the place for an NPL discussion however - Weston finished last in 2017, they are first this year, if they got relegated to the second league last year you can almost comfortably say they would not be top of the npl table right now.

Incentive to improve is surely attracting better players, bigger crowds, maybe more sponsorship (I don’t know that as 100% fact it’s just an assumption)

Not sure if relegating a club like Weston with the history it has in this region is the best interest of the NPL

Your absolutely correct, the off field work required by mostly volunteers if order to get a club such as Weston back in this position is massive and it also requires great leadership.
The parallels with the WPL is that, and I'm not trying to put down any volunteers from any other club who all do marvelous work but, I'm fairly sure both of the clubs currently running top 2 have done countless hours of work over the last 2 seasons off the field such as chasing sponsors, fundraising etc under astute management which will generally flow to on field success. Like a business you need your income streams producing enough in order to achieve the goals and aspirations of your club.
Thornton and Mid North Coast have also got to deal with their geographical locations but depending how you look at it that could be viewed as either a positive or negative, but it doesn't appear to be a problem for Weston.

Beppe
04-06-2019, 06:40 PM
Who did you hear that from the Tooth Fairy Johnno.

South Wallsend would have had the biggest budget and have assembled the strongest squad. From the outside they appear to be been very successful in obtaining sponsorship and good luck to them as they are bringing in quality players and pushing the level higher in the competition.
What I do seem to recall a couple of seasons ago was Thornton stacking their reserves/18's and winning the Grand Final 8 goals to 1, didn't hear you complaining about that lop sided result between the top two sides.

Hoarding the talent in a couple of teams doesn't push the level of the competition higher, it makes in significantly weaker. even when these teams play each other the scores can get out of control. the comp is broken, money has ruined it. the lambton budget is the same as the mens in newfm, which i have heard first hand from a committee member and he was very proud of that as well.

Bull fighter
04-06-2019, 07:07 PM
Hoarding the talent in a couple of teams doesn't push the level of the competition higher, it makes in significantly weaker. even when these teams play each other the scores can get out of control. the comp is broken, money has ruined it. the lambton budget is the same as the mens in newfm, which i have heard first hand from a committee member and he was very proud of that as well.

Couple of teams?? So Merewether & Warners Bay both with current and former WLeague players don’t have any talent?? Seriously go and find out what the Southy, Warner’s Bay & Wallsend are spending and get back to us. This thread really is just starting to mirror the NPL thread and all the Magic haters not happy with all the work they do and the rewards that come with their dedication, get in and have a crack and stop your whining and jealousy.

Beppe
04-06-2019, 07:53 PM
Couple of teams?? So Merewether & Warners Bay both with current and former WLeague players don’t have any talent?? Seriously go and find out what the Southy, Warner’s Bay & Wallsend are spending and get back to us. This thread really is just starting to mirror the NPL thread and all the Magic haters not happy with all the work they do and the rewards that come with their dedication, get in and have a crack and stop your whining and jealousy.

if they have w league players i can assure you they are getting paid. im not associated in the womans game so you can stop with the whining and jealousy garbage. fact of the matter is, the top teams are paying players, some more than others, the comp wont grow until the talent is spread out evenly, and that wont happen without a points system. is your end goal to have a successful club in a 5 team comp or actually grow the womans game. because young girls will walk away if they are getting smashed every week.

Bull fighter
04-06-2019, 08:27 PM
if they have w league players i can assure you they are getting paid. im not associated in the womans game so you can stop with the whining and jealousy garbage. fact of the matter is, the top teams are paying players, some more than others, the comp wont grow until the talent is spread out evenly, and that wont happen without a points system. is your end goal to have a successful club in a 5 team comp or actually grow the womans game. because young girls will walk away if they are getting smashed every week.

In previous years the talent was in concentrated in 1 or 2 teams but for the first time ever there are now 5 competitive teams all with current or former W League players so it’s improving. There is a restriction on the number of W League players any team can have in the comp, but surely you would know that.

football
04-06-2019, 11:40 PM
Totally agree and could play finals now as that will be the order. It’s just a shame this competition is so lopsided bottom 3 clubs so so far behind the rest. Wallsend next then the two most successful clubs in past 5 years in the Bay andMerewether will be 3 & 4 then the two clubs who have virtually brought the best players from the other clubs will finish 1 & 2 and that model in this competition played on suburban grounds with no gate takings is unsustainable.

Are gate takings the only way a club can become financially stable?

Aegon
05-06-2019, 10:09 AM
In previous years the talent was in concentrated in 1 or 2 teams but for the first time ever there are now 5 competitive teams all with current or former W League players so it’s improving. There is a restriction on the number of W League players any team can have in the comp, but surely you would know that.

I didn't know there was a restriction on the number of w league players each club could have. Its a good start but more needs to be done. A full player point system needs to be introduced or this comp will die a slow death as Thornton, Mid North Coast, Adamstown etc give up trying.

Bull fighter
05-06-2019, 11:15 AM
I didn't know there was a restriction on the number of w league players each club could have. Its a good start but more needs to be done. A full player point system needs to be introduced or this comp will die a slow death as Thornton, Mid North Coast, Adamstown etc give up trying.

As far as I know the rule says only 3 ''current'' W League players allowed at each club, with current meaning registered in the W League the previous season. So based on that rule Warner's Bay have two and Southy, Merewether, Wallsend & New Lambton all have one player that meets this criteria. So 6 across 5 clubs with these clubs all having other players in their ranks with W League experience.

Bull fighter
17-06-2019, 06:09 PM
Anyone know what happened with Warner’s Bay change of coach

Bull fighter
19-06-2019, 10:35 PM
Wallsend 3 defeated South Wallsend 1 tonight which will see them stay in contention for the top 4, 8 points separating 2nd to 5th with 7 games left to play.

Poseidon
19-06-2019, 11:20 PM
Wallsend 3 defeated South Wallsend 1 tonight which will see them stay in contention for the top 4, 8 points separating 2nd to 5th with 7 games left to play.

3-2 Wallsend. Devils held on late after a very dominant 75mins.

Shaping up to be a very competitive final 3rd round.

football
19-06-2019, 11:53 PM
3-2 Wallsend. Devils held on late after a very dominant 75mins.

Shaping up to be a very competitive final 3rd round.

I was at the game as there is nothing else to do on a Wednesday night.
It was only my third WPL game and I was somewhat disappointed. I thought the ground was awful and the ref just as bad! But those things often aren’t in WPL clubs control but what is in their control was just as concerning. The crowds language and slandering of the players, the no stretcher for the poor girl who got smashed in a tackle, players mouthing off (maybe because ref was bad), duty officer joining in with obnoxious crowd, other duty officer standing at home teams bench and the list goes on.. I’m glad I didn’t bring my daughter!!

I can now see why people are saying this comp is unsustainable!

connery
20-06-2019, 08:21 AM
I was at the game as there is nothing else to do on a Wednesday night.
It was only my third WPL game and I was somewhat disappointed. I thought the ground was awful and the ref just as bad! But those things often arenÂ’t in WPL clubs control but what is in their control was just as concerning. The crowds language and slandering of the players, the no stretcher for the poor girl who got smashed in a tackle, players mouthing off (maybe because ref was bad), duty officer joining in with obnoxious crowd, other duty officer standing at home teams bench and the list goes on.. IÂ’m glad I didnÂ’t bring my daughter!!

I can now see why people are saying this comp is unsustainable!

The unfortunate views of a neutral supporter venturing out to their 3rd ever WPL game in 5-degree temperature make sense when theirs nothing to do on a freezing night in newy
Bad ground, bad ref, bad supporters, bad duty officers, bad ref, bad tackles, bad comp, bad ref, terrible ground, didn't I mention bad ref, well analysed
Ok if the result was the other way, bad ref lucky it didn't affect the result, gutsy win, great supporters, best comp, back into 2nd, worse field than our own, great ref that controlled the game, but still a bad ref
My daughter player of the game.
Can sure see how some clubs are unsustainable with supporters like this
Expecting below zero degrees next week may venture out to a NPL 1 or NEWFM game as a general footballer supporter ( said no one )

Bull fighter
20-06-2019, 10:00 AM
The unfortunate views of a neutral supporter venturing out to their 3rd ever WPL game in 5-degree temperature make sense when theirs nothing to do on a freezing night in newy
Bad ground, bad ref, bad supporters, bad duty officers, bad ref, bad tackles, bad comp, bad ref, terrible ground, didn't I mention bad ref, well analysed
Ok if the result was the other way, bad ref lucky it didn't affect the result, gutsy win, great supporters, best comp, back into 2nd, worse field than our own, great ref that controlled the game, but still a bad ref
My daughter player of the game.
Can sure see how some clubs are unsustainable with supporters like this
Expecting below zero degrees next week may venture out to a NPL 1 or NEWFM game as a general footballer supporter ( said no one )

Bad ref = unsustainable comp said no one ever. You have nailed it, classic sour grapes.

BP Super Dynamos
22-06-2019, 08:35 PM
Gee whiz you lot are quick to jump down @football's throat. Bloke comes on and describes just about every league in Newcastle, but somehow it's sour grapes. Maybe a few truth bombs thrown that hit the mark?

Johnno
22-06-2019, 09:37 PM
Gee whiz you lot are quick to jump down @football's throat. Bloke comes on and describes just about every league in Newcastle, but somehow it's sour grapes. Maybe a few truth bombs thrown that hit the mark?

Agree BPm@Football is correct in his assessment. I can’t comment on Ref but grounds in WPL are disgraceful bar Adamstown. As for behaviour far worse and more bitchy than either Npl or New fm. Got to remember these two clubs were involved in the only first grade game in a long long time to be abandoned a few years ago.

Bull fighter
22-06-2019, 10:40 PM
Agree BPm@Football is correct in his assessment. I can’t comment on Ref but grounds in WPL are disgraceful bar Adamstown. As for behaviour far worse and more bitchy than either Npl or New fm. Got to remember these two clubs were involved in the only first grade game in a long long time to be abandoned a few years ago.

If @football has a legitimate complaint here is not the place to be reporting it, I’m not associated with Wallsend and was not at the game but had to go and check the draw to see that the fixture was played at Wallsend Park and not their usual home ground of the Gardens which is considered good enough for New FM and ticks a lot of boxes. Who cares what happened 2 years ago unless you have an axe to grind??

Goatscheese
22-06-2019, 10:49 PM
If @football has a legitimate complaint here is not the place to be reporting it, I’m not associated with Wallsend and was not at the game but had to go and check the draw to see that the fixture was played at Wallsend Park and not their usual home ground of the Gardens which is considered good enough for New FM and ticks a lot of boxes. Who cares what happened 2 years ago unless you have an axe to grind??

This is one of the places people can express their thoughts and views this is a forum after all, and this thread is the thread to talk about the WPL which apparently due to the state of the grounds and other facilities Northern aren't going to call it a Premier League anymore.

I also wouldn't say that tyhe gardens is good enough for NewFM, shit field, shit dressing rooms and can't be played at night unless people are happy to play in darkness in the middle of the field

Bull fighter
23-06-2019, 12:11 AM
This is one of the places people can express their thoughts and views this is a forum after all, and this thread is the thread to talk about the WPL which apparently due to the state of the grounds and other facilities Northern aren't going to call it a Premier League anymore.

I also wouldn't say that tyhe gardens is good enough for NewFM, shit field, shit dressing rooms and can't be played at night unless people are happy to play in darkness in the middle of the field

So what’s it going to be called?
It is a forum with a lot of people on here just to have a whinge.
The only way you are going to have decent grounds is by sharing with NPL clubs or having teams aligned with the NPL such as Adamstown. But recent history would tell us this does not work due to the demise of WPL teams representing Edgeworth, Magic and Charlestown.

Johnno
23-06-2019, 01:59 PM
The only way you are going to have decent grounds is by sharing with NPL clubs or having teams aligned with the NPL such as Adamstown. But recent history would tell us this does not work due to the demise of WPL teams representing Edgeworth, Magic and Charlestown.

It’s a forum which is an avenue for people to express their views and opinions. You are correct WPL do need to become aligned but the previous treatment of clubs by a nomadic group of WPL players at those clubs you named plus Lakes and Valentine has left a sour taste particularly as those clubs have predominantly the same people in charge. The current WPL club at Adamstown is not aligned to the NPL club it is the Junior club.

Bull fighter
23-06-2019, 02:51 PM
It’s a forum which is an avenue for people to express their views and opinions. You are correct WPL do need to become aligned but the previous treatment of clubs by a nomadic group of WPL players at those clubs you named plus Lakes and Valentine has left a sour taste particularly as those clubs have predominantly the same people in charge. The current WPL club at Adamstown is not aligned to the NPL club it is the Junior club.

Yes your right about that no argument here.

Ok so zero clubs aligned with NPL, just 3 clubs, Thornton, Wallsend & New Lambton which also have Northern One (New FM) teams.

Negative Police
23-06-2019, 03:08 PM

Note how someones opinion becomes a whinge because it goes against your bias. @football had a genuine opinion from a real experience. Be a dick and have a cry if you like but he is right. Ive seen the same thing but not everytime.

Negative Police
23-06-2019, 03:15 PM

Heres another goose needing a tissue and cant accept truth.

Heres my valid opinion after watching several games.

My concern is that at times it looks like the players are trying to play with their opposite foot. Really awkward in general play for large parts. At other times decent football. Honest appraisal. Will it improve? Will it evolve? of course, give it time.

ok get your rags out and blow the nose.

Bull fighter
23-06-2019, 03:15 PM
Note how someones opinion becomes a whinge because it goes against your bias. @football had a genuine opinion from a real experience. Be a dick and have a cry if you like but he is right. Ive seen the same thing but not everytime.

You are incorrect because I have no bias, pointing out the WPL suffers from poor quality grounds is really ground breaking stuff.

connery
24-06-2019, 06:40 PM
Heres another goose needing a tissue and cant accept truth.

Heres my valid opinion after watching several games.

My concern is that at times it looks like the players are trying to play with their opposite foot. Really awkward in general play for large parts. At other times decent football. Honest appraisal. Will it improve? Will it evolve? of course, give it time.

ok get your rags out and blow the nose.

It's amazing on how football in this town is portrayed, with views and opinions like this validates that your several games analyst really has zero knowledge, prepared to accept or support a competition of any age or gender to grow, support it don't forward inaccurate comments of players with opposite feet and awkward plays after viewing several games ,seriously go away, your the only Goose in this Town,
Agree will it grow, yes it's growing now.
Well done to all the clubs in the WPL and NPL for believing and supporting FOOTBALL and doing the hard yards to better this competition

Johnno
30-06-2019, 09:03 PM
Just read the Herald story online about New Lambton 13-0 win and Andrews 8 goals. Great achievement not denying that but instead of a rubbing salt in the wounds of Mid Coast team maybe some serious journalism and a good look at this competition needs to be undertaken. When the leading individual goal scorer in the comp (36) has almost outscored the combined total goals scored of teams sitting 6th, 7th and 8th (39) then this competition is in serious serious trouble.

football
01-07-2019, 12:14 PM
Just read the Herald story online about New Lambton 13-0 win and Andrews 8 goals. Great achievement not denying that but instead of a rubbing salt in the wounds of Mid Coast team maybe some serious journalism and a good look at this competition needs to be undertaken. When the leading individual goal scorer in the comp (36) has almost outscored the combined total goals scored of teams sitting 6th, 7th and 8th (39) then this competition is in serious serious trouble.

I agree Johnno. Interested to see how much longer this will go on for in a ‘premier’ competition

Goatscheese
01-07-2019, 10:22 PM
I agree Johnno. Interested to see how much longer this will go on for in a ‘premier’ competition

Apparently final year not because of the score (we have seen some blow out scores in 1st grade NPL), but due to the facilities the club has, Adamstown is really the only club that meets ground criteria and that is only because they use the same field as the NPL Adamstown club.

Bull fighter
02-07-2019, 01:01 PM

Wonderful feat by the young lady, must have been on fire.

Goatscheese
02-07-2019, 11:05 PM
Rumors of 1st grade coaches from teams near the top and teams near the bottom to not be at the club next year. Either leaving on their own volition or already told they won't be retained.

Poseidon
09-07-2019, 09:53 PM
Did anyone catch any Women’s State Cup games over the weekend ? Good to see a good turn out and mix of community clubs and WPL sides. Good chance for some local teams match with Northerns best. Good to see Bay and Devils fielding full strength sides plus giving some younger girls a chance to step up in the squads. Good chance to pick up some mid season silverware. Devils seemed to cruise through the weekend. FNC the standout community side beating Buds 1-0 and a 4-1 loss to bay in the group stages. Would be good to see the cup run during a mid season break with no teams having to worry about washouts and player loads. Not that Bay seemed too worried about it and Devils pushing to close the gap on the top 4.

dan
10-07-2019, 11:25 AM
I was out of town unfortunately so I couldn’t get along to support the Red Devils, great to see them field a full strength team and take it seriously though. Would be nice if the state cup was opened up to Sydney & Canberra competitions though so it’s a genuine state cup.

outsider
10-07-2019, 11:48 AM
I was out of town unfortunately so I couldn’t get along to support the Red Devils, great to see them field a full strength team and take it seriously though. Would be nice if the state cup was opened up to Sydney & Canberra competitions though so it’s a genuine state cup.

It was a 25 minute each way series of matches and could hardly be classified as a State Cup really.Can hardly see teams from outside of thae area being interested although maybe Central Coast teams could be invited-probably the same standard.If they want to make it a State Cup then they need to run it along the lines of the men.Full games and played at club grounds

Poseidon
10-07-2019, 06:20 PM
I’m sure it’ll get there. It’s only in its third year. Good foundations to build on. NNSW Football ran a pretty good weekend overall. I was there for most of it and two young daughters loved it. A FFA Cup style competition would be awesome only thing being a problem I see is that most WNPL and WPL players that play W League would be taken away from their local clubs. In the long run when it comes to the finals of the Cup and they go and play for their W League sides and once you take those few out of the local clubs especially in NNSW those teams would find it harder to compete but would also be an awesome opportunity for the rest of the team to showcase their talent against the W League sides.

sammydog
10-07-2019, 06:31 PM
I was disappointed our club pulled out, but support their reasons.

All up NNSW have done a great job with Womens State Cup. Once again it was a great weekend of football (and events to support it). I can only see it getting bigger and the addition of the Community Cup this season should see more community clubs join in.

I do think it would be better supported by community clubs if it didnt fall on a normal competition weekend. Possibly a pre or post season competition would see more clubs be involved.

Bull fighter
22-07-2019, 03:14 PM
Saw on the news last night New Lambton were crowned Premiers of the League for their first time after only 2 seasons.
Looks like its going to be an exciting finish to decide the next 4 places especially with Merewether having a game in hand.

Bay's last 3 matches are against New Lambton (1), Merewether (4) & Mid North Coast (8)
Southy's last 3 matches are against Thornton (7), New Lambton (1) & Merewether (4)
Merewether's last 4 matches are against Thorton (7), Wallsend (5), Warners Bay (2) & Southy (3)
Wallsend's last 3 matches are against Merewether (4), Mid North Coast (8) & Adamstown (6)

Poseidon
22-07-2019, 10:28 PM
Sunday’s match Merewether vs Wallsend will be like a Grand Final. I feel the winner of that match will go on and claim 4th spot. Merewether have a tough run home and the Devils are in red hot form. Will make for a great Sunday afternoon at Myamblah.

Bull fighter
23-07-2019, 08:40 PM
Sunday’s match Merewether vs Wallsend will be like a Grand Final. I feel the winner of that match will go on and claim 4th spot. Merewether have a tough run home and the Devils are in red hot form. Will make for a great Sunday afternoon at Myamblah.

Yes agree will be a cracker of a game, Wallsend desperately need to win to stay alive. If Merewether do win they should probably finish 2nd in front of Warner’s Bay with Southy rounding out the top 4.

Bull fighter
11-08-2019, 12:04 AM
Overheard someone today say South Wallsend are pulling out of the comp, anyone heard anything or can confirm

Reds Forever
11-08-2019, 12:41 AM
Overheard someone today say South Wallsend are pulling out of the comp, anyone heard anything or can confirm

Strange if true, seeing they requested EOI for coaches for 2020 on Thursday on Facebook page.

lovethegame11
23-08-2019, 05:44 PM
Any predictions for the second leg of semis this weekend? Any grand final predictions?

Bull fighter
23-08-2019, 06:05 PM
Any predictions for the second leg of semis this weekend? Any grand final predictions?

Merewether v Warner’s Bay 2 all, Merewether to progress
New Lambton v South Wallsend 4 - 1 to NLE, New Lambton to progress

Grand Final to be a close contest

Bull fighter
25-08-2019, 09:05 PM
Just saw the results, was close. Southy gone next season rumours still floating around 🤷🏻*♂️

lovethegame11
26-08-2019, 12:34 PM
Just saw the results, was close. Southy gone next season rumours still floating around 🤷🏻*♂️

You were very close. Well done.
Did anyone watch either game?

That’ll be interesting if southy go. Anyone to fill that spot?

Poseidon
26-08-2019, 12:45 PM
Do they need to fill the spot if said be true ?

onlooker
26-08-2019, 01:50 PM
Do they need to fill the spot if said be true ?

Have heard that 4 new teams are looking to enter. Not from anyone involved with clubs just people talking. 6 teams were mentioned so not sure which ones it could be.

Heard Magic Olympic Charly Edgy Southey and one other that slips my mind. Take with a grain of salt as I said just people talking.

Bull fighter
26-08-2019, 02:12 PM
Hearing Southy will be re-birthed, possibility by one of those clubs

late_to_the_game
26-08-2019, 10:38 PM
Have heard that 4 new teams are looking to enter. Not from anyone involved with clubs just people talking. 6 teams were mentioned so not sure which ones it could be.

Heard Magic Olympic Charly Edgy Southey and one other that slips my mind. Take with a grain of salt as I said just people talking.

Magic, Edgeworth and Lake Macquarie have been down that path before - didn't end well....

The simple reality is that they are not sufficient players to have 8 equally competitive 1st grade teams (at the level of the top 4) at the moment. With the junior development we will get there over time (some of the players who started in 14's are now showing up in 1st grade sides).

Anyone who thinks dumping one or more clubs and bringing in others is going to solve that problem is delusional.

late_to_the_game
26-08-2019, 10:51 PM
WPL to Womens NPL progression.

There is a NNSW Steering group meeting every 2 months (I think) to plan this. They have had one meeting so far.

Rhali Dobson is on it, I am not sure of who else.

Not sure if people know, but the Northern Territory has a Womens NPL competition. They solved the facilities issue by playing only 1st grade, and all games are at the one facility.

The ideal solution for the 4 Newcastle City Council based clubs that are not Adamstown would be for Merewether and New Lambton to play their home games at #2 sports ground on Sundays (union never play Sundays) and for Southy and Wallsend to share a facility in the West of Newcastle - Jesmond park maybe. (There is supposed to be a new district level facility out that way, was mentioned in councils 2014 plan, but I cannot remember the name of it)

For those club admins out there who deal with Newcastle Council, you know how likely this would be :-(
Lobbying help from NNSW would be good as well!

late_to_the_game
26-08-2019, 10:58 PM
Last post for the night!

The grand final is going to be a cracking game. (To the poster up thread who thought the competition was average - come and watch this game, you will not be disappointed.)

New Lambton are a class team.
Merewether on Sunday were the best I have ever seen them, in the last 5 years. Warners Bay played really well to keep it to a draw.

I think Merewether's mid field will be the difference on the day - I hope I am proved right....

connery
26-08-2019, 11:51 PM
Facilities are a major issue
New Lambton moved their game to lisle carr oval, southy to speers point , bay ok and merewether should have moved theirs as well .
Only Adamstown Oval , the Gardens and johns st don't have cricket pitches on them , not good

Goatscheese
27-08-2019, 01:08 AM

Both Magic and Southy got rid of their WPL teams.

Would also be silly to increase it more than we have, there isn't the players in the area to match for the quality, especially in the younger age groups.

Goatscheese
27-08-2019, 01:12 AM
Not sure if people know, but the Northern Territory has a Womens NPL competition. They solved the facilities issue by playing only 1st grade, and all games are at the one facility.

You would recall late (if you were part of the Merewether set up then) that is exactly what we used to do here until we introduced an U18 side (now reserves) and since expanding the 16s (now 17s) and 14s it wouldn't be viable.

The ideal solution for the 4 Newcastle City Council based clubs that are not Adamstown would be for Merewether and New Lambton to play their home games at #2 sports ground on Sundays (union never play Sundays) and for Southy and Wallsend to share a facility in the West of Newcastle - Jesmond park maybe. (There is supposed to be a new district level facility out that way, was mentioned in councils 2014 plan, but I cannot remember the name of it)

Thornton Park is worse than The Gardens though

For those club admins out there who deal with Newcastle Council, you know how likely this would be :-(
Lobbying help from NNSW would be good as well!

Indeed even basic maintenance work is painful to get done. And they don't allow the clubs to do it themselves.

Jardelsimage
27-08-2019, 07:02 AM
[QUOTE=Goatscheese;229069]Both Magic and Southy got rid of their WPL teams.

Southy???

Bremsstrahlung
27-08-2019, 07:37 AM

Southy???

South Wallsend I assume.
Not your neighbours.
(I also think of the mighty gunners when I hear “Southy”)

Jardelsimage
27-08-2019, 11:34 AM
[QUOTE=Jardelsimage;229071]

South Wallsend I assume.
Not your neighbours.

But south wallsend are in the WPL currently.

onlooker
27-08-2019, 11:52 AM
[QUOTE=Jardelsimage;229071]

South Wallsend I assume.
Not your neighbours.

The Southy I was implying was South Cardiff.

Jardelsimage
27-08-2019, 12:46 PM
[QUOTE=Bremsstrahlung;229072]

The Southy I was implying was South Cardiff.

I'm pretty sure Southy didn't have a WPL team.

onlooker
27-08-2019, 02:20 PM
I'm pretty sure Southy didn't have a WPL team.

I don’t believe they did. I was saying in my first post when I named a few teams that might be entering the comp I mentioned southy as in South Cardiff, someone along the way thought I ment south Wallsend I was just stating you I actually ment.

Bull fighter
27-08-2019, 02:27 PM
I don’t believe they did. I was saying in my first post when I named a few teams that might be entering the comp I mentioned southy as in South Cardiff, someone along the way thought I ment south Wallsend I was just stating you I actually ment.

Pretty sure Cardiff (Tigers) had a team in many years ago, NPL Clubs - Edgeworth, Charlestown, Magic, Lakes & Valentine have all entered teams over the years and it didn't work simply due to lack of players or not enough resources/support to run both men's and women's at the highest level.

Jardelsimage
27-08-2019, 02:44 PM
Pretty sure Cardiff (Tigers) had a team in many years ago, NPL Clubs - Edgeworth, Charlestown, Magic, Lakes & Valentine have all entered teams over the years and it didn't work simply due to lack of players or not enough resources/support to run both men's and women's at the highest level.

Cardiff were in the WPL(might not have been called that) 1st 2 years if I remember correctly, 2nd year played out of Edgy,(we decided No2 wasn't good enough for the WPL) then became Edgy for a couple after that??
Jason Aird was there coach, think they won it the 1st year, had Gemma Simon playing, plus others who went onto the Jets team in the end.

Bull fighter
27-08-2019, 03:36 PM
Cardiff were in the WPL(might not have been called that) 1st 2 years if I remember correctly, 2nd year played out of Edgy,(we decided No2 wasn't good enough for the WPL) then became Edgy for a couple after that??
Jason Aird was there coach, think they won it the 1st year, had Gemma Simon playing, plus others who went onto the Jets team in the end.

can you remember what year WPL started in its current form? Unfortunately Northern has only stats on website back to 2012, I think maybe 2006 - 2008

Jardelsimage
27-08-2019, 05:47 PM
can you remember what year WPL started in its current form? Unfortunately Northern has only stats on website back to 2012, I think maybe 2006 - 2008

ForeverRed
27-08-2019, 05:56 PM
I can’t see to many NPL clubs taking on a W side, with seniors and youth teams to cater for I’m not sure what ground they would play on

Goatscheese
28-08-2019, 06:28 PM

Southy???

I was referring to South Cardiff, however, it appears it was Cardiff not South Cardiff that I was thinking of.

lovethegame11
28-08-2019, 09:50 PM
Anyone see team of the year? Thoughts?

Goatscheese
28-08-2019, 09:59 PM

Well they put a striker as a right back so its not great. If that forward was better than another drop the one of the forwards in the substitutes and put them in there. Noticed they made sure at least one player from each club was put in as well.

Bull fighter
28-08-2019, 10:21 PM

Shame to see a player left out that is one of the best in the competition, makes it look a bit farcical

Bull fighter
28-08-2019, 10:28 PM
Well they put a striker as a right back so its not great. If that forward was better than another drop the one of the forwards in the substitutes and put them in there. Noticed they made sure at least one player from each club was put in as well.

No Thornton player

late_to_the_game
28-08-2019, 11:16 PM
I can’t see to many NPL clubs taking on a W side, with seniors and youth teams to cater for I’m not sure what ground they would play on

Exactly. There are just not enough good football facilities in the city right now.

lovethegame11
29-08-2019, 06:50 AM
Shame to see a player left out that is one of the best in the competition, makes it look a bit farcical

Who would that be?
I’m surprised Logue is on bench as gk. Thought she would’ve been first choice

Bull fighter
29-08-2019, 09:22 AM
Who would that be?
I’m surprised Logue is on bench as gk. Thought she would’ve been first choice

Pender.
Merewether conceded a lot of goals this season which no doubt cost her this year after being named last year

Goatscheese
29-08-2019, 10:16 PM
No Thornton player

Forgot about them, maybe not so much of a farce

late_to_the_game
29-08-2019, 10:21 PM
Love to know who actually did the selections. My team would be at least 50% different. ..

Goatscheese
29-08-2019, 10:33 PM
Love to know who actually did the selections. My team would be at least 50% different. ..

Apparently a mixture of the WPL Correspondent, Norther Staff (how many of them are going to games?), player of the year votes and WPL coaches.

Regarding the last part, Cass Koppen said she had no input and was never asked except for voting for Player of the Year.

Bull fighter
29-08-2019, 11:01 PM

Yes but you are far from independent, they got it mostly right, when a team wins the premiership by 9 points and are very dominant they deserve that many spots. It was selected based on the 21 rounds only. The top 5 goal scorers all got a gig and the top 3 teams made up 11/16. They only selected 11 last year but expanded it to a full bench this season and 5 players were selected for a second year in a row.

lovethegame11
30-08-2019, 03:57 PM

Who would you have in your team?

Bull fighter
31-08-2019, 11:19 PM
Finally getting to a WPL game tomorrow, attending the Grand Finals at Weston, best of luck to both teams. Don’t know very much except Merewether sounding very confident in the media this week, maybe even a little over confident.
My Tips are:
14’s - Mid North Coast
17’s - Adamstown
Reserve grade - New Lambton
First Grade - New Lambton

Bull fighter
01-09-2019, 09:10 PM
Who won

Poseidon
01-09-2019, 09:22 PM
Who won
14’s 3-0 FMNC
17’s 3-1 Adamstown
Res 0-0 (3-2) pens New Lambton
1sts 4-3 New Lambton in extra time after 3-3 after 90mins.

late_to_the_game
02-09-2019, 08:27 AM
Finally getting to a WPL game tomorrow, attending the Grand Finals at Weston, best of luck to both teams. Don’t know very much except Merewether sounding very confident in the media this week, maybe even a little over confident.
My Tips are:
14’s - Mid North Coast
17’s - Adamstown

4 from 4. Good job!

late_to_the_game
02-09-2019, 08:30 AM
Congrats to New Lambton, another ripping 1st grade grand final.
Merewether led 3 times, but New Lambton would not let go.
As they proved all year they are a class team, and Tara Andrew's is definitely the best striker this competition has ever seen.

The Hacker
02-09-2019, 10:44 AM
I hear New Lamton won on the park then won the fight later in the night to.

Bull fighter
02-09-2019, 11:36 AM
I hear New Lamton won on the park then won the fight later in the night to.

I’m hearing Warner’s Bay & Merewether players involved in an ‘argument’ last night at the celebrations in a continuation of their long standing feud and New Lambton not involved

The Hacker
02-09-2019, 11:41 AM
I’m hearing Warner’s Bay & Merewether players involved in an ‘argument’ last night at the celebrations in a continuation of their long standing feud and New Lambton not involved

The blue polo shirts they were all wearing made it pretty obvious what club it was. 😂

Soccerhero
02-09-2019, 01:02 PM
My Tips are:
14’s - Mid North Coast
17’s - Adamstown

For someone that was ‘finally getting to a wpl game’ you seem to have your finger on the pulse of all the goings on in the last few weeks bullfighter!

Congrats to all the girls involved in what was really an entertaining season from many perspectives!

football
02-09-2019, 06:21 PM
The blue polo shirts they were all wearing made it pretty obvious what club it was. 😂

It was NL and WB vs merewether

Both those teams chased merewether outside once they were all kicked out from fighting inside the venue, security had to break the situation up.

Jim
02-09-2019, 08:20 PM
It was NL and WB vs merewether

Both those teams chased merewether outside once they were all kicked out from fighting inside the venue, security had to break the situation up.

Where did this hijinx occur at?

Soccerhero
02-09-2019, 08:27 PM
Where did this hijinx occur at?

There’s two pubs open late on a Sunday night in town, one of which sponsor New Lambton, so you’d hope it wasn’t that one...

football
02-09-2019, 09:05 PM
There’s two pubs open late on a Sunday night in town, one of which sponsor New Lambton, so you’d hope it wasn’t that one...

Does the Cambridge hotel sponsor New Lambton?

lovethegame11
03-09-2019, 10:52 AM
Does the Cambridge hotel sponsor New Lambton?

The blackbutt sponsors new lambton I believe and I highly doubt anything happened there

Johnno
03-09-2019, 11:01 PM
The blackbutt sponsors new lambton I believe and I highly doubt anything happened there

Incident occurred at Cambridge Hotel in am hours of the morning. Both New Lambton and Warner’s Bay players descended on a couple of Merewether players and matters escalated from there prior to all players being evicted. Newcastle Jets W League players were involved. Hearing Northern investigating and further action may follow.

Bull fighter
04-09-2019, 08:37 PM
Incident occurred at Cambridge Hotel in am hours of the morning. Both New Lambton and Warner’s Bay players descended on a couple of Merewether players and matters escalated from there prior to all players being evicted. Newcastle Jets W League players were involved. Hearing Northern investigating and further action may follow.

What are you doing at the Cambridge Johnno in the early hours of the morning? Are you an eye witness or just your usual hearsay?

The Hacker
04-09-2019, 09:01 PM
What are you doing at the Cambridge Johnno in the early hours of the morning? Are you an eye witness or just your usual hearsay?

Johnno is spot on

Bull fighter
04-09-2019, 09:16 PM
Johnno is spot on
Have you been interviewed

The Hacker
04-09-2019, 10:09 PM
Have you been interviewed

There are a ton of videos across social media. You ain't got to be a rocket scientist to see it

Soccerhero
04-09-2019, 10:13 PM
There are a ton of videos across social media. You ain't got to be a rocket scientist to see it

Hacker is spot on. Plenty of photos with Blue and white polos amongst others been thrown around. Will be interesting to see if Northern actually do anything or brush it under the table...

Bull fighter
04-09-2019, 10:18 PM

Ok thanks, I’m definitely not a rocket scientist and have no idea how to view them, cheers anyway Hacky

Negative Police
04-09-2019, 10:48 PM
Hacker is spot on. Plenty of photos with Blue and white polos amongst others been thrown around. Will be interesting to see if Northern actually do anything or brush it under the table...

links

football
05-09-2019, 01:31 AM

Only club opened on a Sunday night bully so plenty of people to take photos/videos.

Bull fighter
05-09-2019, 09:40 PM
Only club opened on a Sunday night bully so plenty of people to take photos/videos.

Show us what you got

Goatscheese
06-09-2019, 09:16 PM

Northern won't don anything. And quite frankly what can they do?

Bull fighter
06-09-2019, 09:38 PM
Northern won't don anything. And quite frankly what can they do?
If as alleged, Jets W-LEAGUE Players are involved it is a extremely bad look for the club and if proven correct I hope appropriate action will be taken.

ForeverRed
06-09-2019, 10:05 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Goatscheese
06-09-2019, 10:18 PM
If as alleged, Jets W-LEAGUE Players are involved it is a extremely bad look for the club and if proven correct I hope appropriate action will be taken.

Yes they were still will be swept under the rug

Bull fighter
07-09-2019, 11:34 AM
Zzzzzzzzzzzz
What is your problem Brad? Are you being sexist or just not interested in this thread? Either way no need to comment at all. Just stick to second division hackers football where your club resides. Women’s Football doesn’t need your type.

Bremsstrahlung
07-09-2019, 12:30 PM
What is your problem Brad? Are you being sexist or just not interested in this thread? Either way no need to comment at all. Just stick to second division hackers football where your club resides. Women’s Football doesn’t need your type.

Gonna guess it was in relation to the gossip and he said she said regarding incidents.
The majority of these local football threads is full of personal agenda atm, and it’s tiring and boring.
It’s the reason this local forum gets shut down, rumours, slander and misinformation from unnamed usernames.
All for some banter and a bit of inside knowledge and rumour but pages upon pages of personal attacks and naming and shaming clubs is a bit much.

What does gossiping about an altercation do for the women’s game? If this is the news you want well known and to be associated with the women’s premier competition by all means carry on.

Should be talking about what a great final it was, extra time, come from behind, entertaining for neutral fans, lower grades. But here we are.

ForeverRed
07-09-2019, 04:23 PM
Wow, the fact that I found this thread boring has got under your skin, it must be a sad life for some

traffic light
07-09-2019, 05:43 PM
It's amazing on how football in this town is portrayed, with views and opinions like this validates that your several games analyst really has zero knowledge, prepared to accept or support a competition of any age or gender to grow, support it don't forward inaccurate comments of players with opposite feet and awkward plays after viewing several games ,seriously go away, your the only Goose in this Town,
Agree will it grow, yes it's growing now.
Well done to all the clubs in the WPL and NPL for believing and supporting FOOTBALL and doing the hard yards to better this competition

This tool trying to defend poor play and skills. Youre a joke

outsider
07-09-2019, 07:16 PM
Wow, the fact that I found this thread boring has got under your skin, it must be a sad life for some

If you want boring try watching South Cardiff play.Some of the best football I watched this year was WPL-where else can you go to watch current and former Australian players,current and previous National womens league players for free in a league where players are committed and games are played in the right spirit and a pleasure to watch.Have you ever watched a WPL game FR.And the GF was a game well worth watching

ForeverRed
07-09-2019, 08:01 PM
If you want boring try watching South Cardiff play.Some of the best football I watched this year was WPL-where else can you go to watch current and former Australian players,current and previous National womens league players for free in a league where players are committed and games are played in the right spirit and a pleasure to watch.Have you ever watched a WPL game FR.And the GF was a game well worth watching
How dumb are you, I was relating to the boring comments about some chicks fighting after the grand final stupid, not sure why you keep mentioning south Cardiff, yes it was a club I played for but have nothing to do with them now, and for your information I did watch the grand final and found it technically inapt, jog on please

connery
07-09-2019, 11:58 PM
Traffic light
Nice words , it factual not defending poor play , I am saying it's growing every year
You want to watch poor play and skills head to newfm, unbelievable drop from NL1 (presuming that's were your from )
Your the only tool , all you do it critise everyone and anyone , move on ,stand up and make a difference, but best you don't as you really are backwards

traffic light
08-09-2019, 11:33 PM
Traffic light
Nice words , it factual not defending poor play , I am saying it's growing every year
You want to watch poor play and skills head to newfm, unbelievable drop from NL1 (presuming that's were your from )
Your the only tool , all you do it critise everyone and anyone , move on ,stand up and make a difference, but best you don't as you really are backwards

Youre a dope. Jog on. Facts are in tool. They are low level skills but way more than you. Get back to training sonvahoar.

connery
09-09-2019, 10:52 AM
Youre a dope. Jog on. Facts are in tool. They are low level skills but way more than you. Get back to training sonvahoar.
Bahhhh .

football
23-09-2019, 07:58 PM
How are clubs looking for 2020?

Johnno
24-09-2019, 07:27 AM
How are clubs looking for 2020?

Is it true that 2 or 3 may not be playing WPL next year?

sammydog
24-09-2019, 06:49 PM

Lots of rumours floating around about clubs that will/won't be in it next year.

I wouldn't read too much into it at this stage.

Thomas477
24-09-2019, 07:54 PM

But what else is there to do in the offseason!

sammydog
24-09-2019, 07:59 PM
But what else is there to do in the offseason!

Personally, I prefer alcohol.

But, I guess rumours are fun.

Goatscheese
24-09-2019, 10:54 PM

Total bullshit to say 2 or 3 teams are pulling out. The only one that would come close is South Wallsend and that's not happening.

Johnno
24-09-2019, 10:55 PM

Reason I was told is virtually only 2 or 3 clubs due to there ability to entice players can win and instead of getting smashed week in week out they are going to stay together and play Zone League womens. Plus is far less expensive to participate.

Goatscheese
24-09-2019, 10:59 PM
Reason I was told is virtually only 2 or 3 clubs due to there ability to entice players can win and instead of getting smashed week in week out they are going to stay together and play Zone League womens. Plus is far less expensive to participate.

That would be Thornton and sure some of their players may go. Mid North as well but they will continue with the junior grades. The only other team that has gone shit the past three years is Adamstown and they must be so confident of having a team they aren't going to bother about trails and instead invite additional players that express an interest to play

onlooker
25-09-2019, 06:44 AM
That would be Thornton and sure some of their players may go. Mid North as well but they will continue with the junior grades. The only other team that has gone shit the past three years is Adamstown and they must be so confident of having a team they aren't going to bother about trails and instead invite additional players that express an interest to play

Thornton are currently advertising for trials in the 14’s and 17’s for next season so looks like they will be sticking around.

Goatscheese
25-09-2019, 10:44 PM
Thornton are currently advertising for trials in the 14’s and 17’s for next season so looks like they will be sticking around.

Yeah as I said early it's total bullshit. Based on the response I gave potential clubs if it was happening but I wouldn't believe any clubs are pulling out until I see it announced by the club

football
28-09-2019, 11:59 AM
Interesting to see not one player from Southy at the northern night last night.. perhaps club is folding

Bull fighter
28-09-2019, 08:57 PM
Interesting to see not one player from Southy at the northern night last night.. perhaps club is folding

Have you got the right awards night? Wasn’t it Newcastle Football last night not NNSWF

Goatscheese
28-09-2019, 10:48 PM
Have you got the right awards night? Wasn’t it Newcastle Football last night not NNSWF

It was Newcastle Football awards night last night, but surprising to hear know one from SWJSC was there, they usually fill up their quota and then some. Maybe the committee was busy. Can't imagine the entire club going under.

sammydog
28-09-2019, 11:03 PM
It was Newcastle Football awards night last night, but surprising to hear know one from SWJSC was there, they usually fill up their quota and then some. Maybe the committee was busy. Can't imagine the entire club going under.

48 teams at the club, could not see how that would fold.

late_to_the_game
04-10-2019, 09:53 AM
Just noticed that Adamstown just announced their U14 squad for next year.

Interesting considering trials are not allowed until the 14th.

I have not been keeping track of the NPL youth trials, is this going on in the lowest NPL youth grade as well?

late_to_the_game
04-10-2019, 09:55 AM

No one from Merewether was there either. We could not find anyone who wanted to go, even with a free ticket...

Goatscheese
09-10-2019, 04:56 PM
Just noticed that Adamstown just announced their U14 squad for next year.

Interesting considering trials are not allowed until the 14th.

I have not been keeping track of the NPL youth trials, is this going on in the lowest NPL youth grade as well?

Well Adamstown aren't even bothering to run trails for next year. And from last year's 14s only two have been retained (though a some would have been kept and are now in 17s).

Ryan Campbell has come in and has managed to bring in a number of Jets players over with him, no doubt many of those girls in the 14s are from the Jets, he also would be able to bring them in for other age groups as well.

But to answer your question, yes a number of NPL, NewFM and WPL teams will be approaching players before trails, offering spots and inviting players to come and have training sessions with the club so that coaches can see them beforehand and potentially offer the spots and sign them up before trails start.

late_to_the_game
23-10-2019, 07:42 AM
So the rumour mill is in full swing, what I have heard is Southy handing in their licence and Magic talking to NNSW.
If NNSW put Magic in at this stage of the year, it makes a mockery of their whole application/assessment/approval process.
I know Garden Suburbs have been keen for a while, and would be justifiably pissed if this happened.

Poseidon
23-10-2019, 11:49 AM
https://northernnswfootball.com.au/south-wallsend-jsc-womens-premier-league-to-move-to-broadmeadow-magic-fc/

late_to_the_game
23-10-2019, 01:25 PM
https://northernnswfootball.com.au/south-wallsend-jsc-womens-premier-league-to-move-to-broadmeadow-magic-fc/

Just need to move Thornton to Cooks Hill and you hardly need a car...

Bull fighter
23-10-2019, 05:55 PM
So the rumour mill is in full swing, what I have heard is Southy handing in their licence and Magic talking to NNSW.
If NNSW put Magic in at this stage of the year, it makes a mockery of their whole application/assessment/approval process.
I know Garden Suburbs have been keen for a while, and would be justifiably pissed if this happened.

Does anything NNSWF do seriously surprise you.

football
23-10-2019, 07:55 PM
How long until wallsends merge with Olympic is announced then?

dan
23-10-2019, 09:08 PM
How long until wallsends merge with Olympic is announced then?

I haven’t heard anything about this, not from the club directors or anyone involved with our WPL. Care to elaborate on what you’re heard?

Beppe
23-10-2019, 10:09 PM
I haven’t heard anything about this, not from the club directors or anyone involved with our WPL. Care to elaborate on what you’re heard?

This is clearly a joke mate...relax

Poseidon
23-10-2019, 10:31 PM
I’ve heard from a mates Aunty that Merewether are merging with Souths and sharing Townson Oval.

football
23-10-2019, 11:01 PM
This is clearly a joke mate...relax

Yes it was a joke. Ha ha. Maybe it is true 😂

Edward Norton
23-10-2019, 11:27 PM
I’ve heard from a mates Aunty that Merewether are merging with Souths and sharing Townson Oval.
I have heard something similar.
Would be a great move if Merewether could pull it off.
The only thing that would prevent it happening could be that South's may not like a women's football(soccer) team running around on their field that is tougher than their league team

late_to_the_game
24-10-2019, 08:38 AM
Does anything NNSWF do seriously surprise you.

Sadly, no.

late_to_the_game
28-10-2019, 09:16 AM
How did Warner's Bay's trials go?
Merewether very happy with the standard of player we had trialing in U14/U17, definitely the best standard we have ever had. We had to let some girls go that we would like to have kept, but not enough places....
Seems that the awareness of WPL is growing.

football
07-11-2019, 12:07 PM
Brad jones announced as New lambton coach.. what happened to Keelan?

onlooker
07-11-2019, 12:37 PM
Brad jones announced as New lambton coach.. what happened to Keelan?

Left to spend more time with his family and to concentrate on his job with the Jets I believe..

YewYew
07-11-2019, 08:52 PM
Harmonie Attwill new Wallsend coach. Cant say Wallsend dont give young coaches a fair go. On them.

Poseidon
12-12-2019, 01:55 PM
https://northernnswfootball.com.au/wallsend-fc-wpl-to-move-to-newcastle-olympic-fc/

Bull fighter
12-12-2019, 03:20 PM
Whole lot of spin in that article

onlooker
12-12-2019, 04:36 PM
Anyone heard the rumour that magic have told all their incoming girls that they have to pay rego and no one is getting paid.. I do hope this is just a rumour or at least I’ve missed a big chunk of the story..

YewYew
12-12-2019, 05:31 PM
https://northernnswfootball.com.au/wallsend-fc-wpl-to-move-to-newcastle-olympic-fc/

How do the Wallsend club feel about this move?

dan
12-12-2019, 08:27 PM

I’ll reserve comment and wait for the clubs official announcement

YewYew
12-12-2019, 08:40 PM
I’ll reserve comment and wait for the clubs official announcement

I respect that.

For me, it’s a real shame. Wallsend were the only club I saw give girls a go in SAP last yr. I just hope the community / sap girls don’t now follow to Olympic as well

Bull fighter
12-12-2019, 09:20 PM
I really hope that NNSWF are not so dumb that they don’t realise what is happening here and put some type of protections in place for the girls so they are not just used up in order to facilitate the opportunity for these clubs to obtain additional funding opportunities over the next couple of years then promptly shown the door.

Hurricane
12-12-2019, 10:24 PM

Someone needs to tell the president that their men's program isn't that successful at the moment. What did they just run , eighth or ninth in an 11 team comp. Highly successful

Barry Dawson
12-12-2019, 11:18 PM
Will be interesting to see where the now Olympic WPL play games.
Have heard they will play out of Islington Park.
Magic charging players from 14’s up $300 for kit plus $1500 registration.
Will quickly see the real motivation why these clubs are taking on women’s football.

Hurricane
12-12-2019, 11:23 PM
Will be interesting to see where the now Olympic WPL play games.
Have heard they will play out of Islington Park.
Magic charging players from 14’s up $300 for kit plus $1500 registration.
Will quickly see the real motivation why these clubs are taking on women’s football.

Is this the same amount that they charge the male players from 14's up and if so where is the problem ?

YewYew
12-12-2019, 11:34 PM
I really hope that NNSWF are not so dumb that they don’t realise what is happening here and put some type of protections in place for the girls so they are not just used up in order to facilitate the opportunity for these clubs to obtain additional funding opportunities over the next couple of years then promptly shown the door.

Yeah, heard something along these lines. FFA pushing funding for women’s soccer & grants being give to those pushing this. guess Olympic and magic see $$$ oppos.

Reds Forever
12-12-2019, 11:37 PM
Is this the same amount that they charge the male players from 14's up and if so where is the problem ?

No. Youth WPL is cheaper then Youth NPL. Cost is similar to what SAP Girls is.

Barry Dawson
12-12-2019, 11:40 PM
Completely different program. Only 4 teams, no supporting SAP, less operating costs, dramatically less player wages, no facility standards and more closely aligned to ‘community’ football than NPL - while the aim is to raise these standards over time.
Refer to earlier comment about motivation.

Barry Dawson
12-12-2019, 11:41 PM
Funny the letter we were provided said otherwise.

Reds Forever
12-12-2019, 11:45 PM
Funny the letter we were provided said otherwise.

WPL Seniors = NPL Youth.
WPL Youth = $300 less.

Barry Dawson
12-12-2019, 11:50 PM
Thanks for clarifying.
$1500 instead of $1800?
Much more reasonable.......

Goatscheese
13-12-2019, 12:30 AM
Anyone heard the rumour that magic have told all their incoming girls that they have to pay rego and no one is getting paid.. I do hope this is just a rumour or at least I’ve missed a big chunk of the story..

Did South Wallsend pay their 1st graders last year?

Goatscheese
13-12-2019, 12:34 AM

I am fairly certain Wallsend were approaching Olympic about it rather than it being something that was forced upon them.

If they are playing out of Islington Park and not Darling St than that is an issue, may as well stay at The Gardens, and makes a mockery of the need to be in better facilities so it can be a Premier League.

Yeah, heard something along these lines. FFA pushing funding for women’s soccer & grants being give to those pushing this. guess Olympic and magic see $$$ oppos.

Indeed Magic and Olympic are happy to do it because it means more money and more grant money they can get by saying they promote Women's sport. It's why Adamstown every now and then asked Adamstown Juniors to take over their WPL team, get the money.

Nnswf
13-12-2019, 03:24 PM
Did South Wallsend pay their 1st graders last year?

Almost every team payed players last year. Weather that was all payed to one player, or spread amongst all the girls differed from club to club.

Goatscheese
16-12-2019, 12:26 AM
Almost every team payed players last year. Weather that was all payed to one player, or spread amongst all the girls differed from club to club.

Oh wow wonder how much was spent on tar

Poseidon
16-12-2019, 07:33 PM
WPL Draw out today. 9 out of 10 Olympics home games to be played at Darling St. 10th TBC.

Goatscheese
18-12-2019, 12:06 AM
Olympic doing all they can to ensure this doesn’t happen

It certainly wouldn't be because the NPL team is playing there and 7 games can't be played on a Sunday there. No it's because Olympic don't want their women's team playing on the main field. Grow up Bull fighter.