PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Zone Premier League thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

The Hacker
30-07-2019, 07:01 PM
Dudley can't run without legs is the motto I'd imagine they'll take Into this week

I think that's the team talk in both shed before Dudley and Suns play. I'm sure Dudley would love to end Suns season and Suns will want to dent Dudleys minor premiership charge. This will be the game of the year to be at if your a spectator

United FC
30-07-2019, 09:33 PM
I think that's the team talk in both shed before Dudley and Suns play. I'm sure Dudley would love to end Suns season and Suns will want to dent Dudleys minor premiership charge. This will be the game of the year to be at if your a spectator

Dudley’s old boys day as well

The Hacker
30-07-2019, 10:19 PM
Dudley’s old boys day as well

Dear God it just got better

FlatScreen
31-07-2019, 12:42 PM

I highly doubt it. This has a drubbing written all over it.

Sun_of_a_Grub
31-07-2019, 03:34 PM
alright so its taken me a few weeks to do the sums

when kotara and mayfield beat cardiff holding them to nil and we win both of our games scoring 52 goals in the process we'll be safe.

CARNNN DOGGIES!

Shere Khan
03-08-2019, 06:08 PM
Cardiff v Kotara
3rds 0-2
Res 1-10
1sts 2-1

The Hacker
03-08-2019, 07:11 PM
Cardiff v Kotara
3rds 0-2
Res 1-10
1sts 2-1

Did Kotara's first and reserve grade play swapsies for the weekend. I didn't think Cardiffs reggies weren't that bad. The wheels have fallen off at Kotara. 2 weeks in a row they have a chance to seal a semi final spot and for the second time they have let a team lower beat them. This will make the Suns happy they are still alive

Charman
03-08-2019, 07:49 PM
Going to be a real treat at Dudley tomorrow. Shapes as a playing for sheep stations kind of match.

Shere Khan
03-08-2019, 08:08 PM
Did Kotara's first and reserve grade play swapsies for the weekend. I didn't think Cardiffs reggies weren't that bad. The wheels have fallen off at Kotara. 2 weeks in a row they have a chance to seal a semi final spot and for the second time they have let a team lower beat them. This will make the Suns happy they are still alive

Cardiff had 26 players for the day. I think 7-8 from thirds played reserves.
Is what it is.

footballfan
03-08-2019, 08:21 PM
Barnsley v Swansea

3rd 1-4
Res 0-3
1st 0-10

controlzone
03-08-2019, 09:57 PM
Barnsley v Swansea

1st 0-10

😳

Gelato
04-08-2019, 09:09 AM
Ok, it's taken me a while but I've done the sums.
If any team decides to go down voluntary next season then there is still a chance for Barnsley to stay up......😅

outsider
04-08-2019, 05:53 PM
Dudley v Suns

5-0 with 5 to go.Dudley ran away with it second half
8-1 I believe most if not all third graders started in reggies
2-1

Lofty
04-08-2019, 06:05 PM
Dudley v Suns

5-0 with 5 to go.Dudley ran away with it second half
8-1 I believe most if not all third graders started in reggies
2-1

Always going to be a tough day at the best of times. Thirds and ressies were the same team. Limping through to the end of the season, just 24 fit players across all grades again today.

onlooker
04-08-2019, 06:18 PM
W Bay V Terrace
3rds 4-3 ( all goals in first 14 mins)
Res 1-3
1st 2-2

Charman
04-08-2019, 09:26 PM
Pumped up the tyres on the treadly and headed up the hill for a much anticipated match. Saw 20 mins of res. Dudley 8-1 after suns full team backed up from 3-2 loss in thirds. Dudley res look a very good team but hard to judge v a team who has to play 170 mins. ! First had plenty of skill, but no fire. I wasn’t interested in foul play but expected an aggressive and competitive match up. Suns showed signs of quality, Dudley just a class above. Ref let everything go, maybe 8-10 frees in the game, was good. It was like he thought these guys will kick the shit out of each other or they won’t. Mayfield with a 7-0 win puts them back on top by 1 goal. Hope they have a serious battle next week.

Sun_of_a_Grub
04-08-2019, 10:28 PM
Boys, I'm looking for a new club. Turns out Scoring 52 goals was abit out of reach. I'm a heaps good player but.

When do Swansea start preseason? I'll even pay rego :o

Charman
04-08-2019, 10:32 PM
Boys, I'm looking for a new club. Turns out Scoring 52 goals was abit out of reach. I'm a heaps good player but.

When do Swansea start preseason? I'll even pay rego :o

Dudley ZL3 looking for players next year. Sounds about right.

Sun_of_a_Grub
04-08-2019, 10:44 PM
Dudley ZL3 looking for players next year. Sounds about right.

Yuck

Alton
05-08-2019, 01:40 PM
Do Cardiff have any plans for 2020 Mario? With Barnsley gone you will need to turn things around.

Jardelsimage
05-08-2019, 03:49 PM
Do Cardiff have any plans for 2020 Mario? With Barnsley gone you will need to turn things around.

Things are happening behind the scenes.
Don't need to turn to much around, decent pre season would be a good start, instead of picking up players a week out from the competition proper.
Saying that, we will put this season behind us and move on, no whinging, no blaming anyone else on where we sit, we know why we are where we are and we know what has to be done to rectify it.
One game to go, see if we can go out on a high...do I hear an offer from the Dudley boys making a donation to our Mad Monday drink......kegggggggggggggg

PlasticFan
05-08-2019, 04:34 PM
Things are happening behind the scenes.
Don't need to turn to much around, decent pre season would be a good start, instead of picking up players a week out from the competition proper.
Saying that, we will put this season behind us and move on, no whinging, no blaming anyone else on where we sit, we know why we are where we are and we know what has to be done to rectify it.
One game to go, see if we can go out on a high...do I hear an offer from the Dudley boys making a donation to our Mad Monday drink......kegggggggggggggg

Didn't Dudley receive a few free cartons from their sponsor pub at the start of the season? I'm sure they still have a few lying around for you Jardel.

Alton
05-08-2019, 05:24 PM
Didn't Dudley receive a few free cartons from their sponsor pub at the start of the season? I'm sure they still have a few lying around for you Jardel.

Leftover beers at Dudley ????????? You have to be kidding!!

Jardelsimage
05-08-2019, 07:20 PM

No leftovers, talking keg economy only

Shere Khan
05-08-2019, 10:11 PM
Anyone have any intel on Azzurri and if they’re coming up?
Have heard a few things about the facilities not being up to scratch which I can understand but have they got another ground or will they get the New Lambton style leave pass?

Roundball Enthusiast
06-08-2019, 12:18 AM
Have heard a few things about the facilities not being up to scratch which I can understand but have they got another ground or will they get the New Lambton style leave pass?

They have 3/4 grounds to choose from. They're coming up.

riverboy
06-08-2019, 12:24 AM

Interesting to see how other ZPL sides take to Azzurri's antics. Their third grade guys carry on a fair bit once their game has finished.
Not sure how established ZPL clubs will take to the crap they serve up??

Shere Khan
06-08-2019, 12:38 AM
Played them many times in pre season etc so dont have any dramas with them.
Actually love the banter and carry on.

la bazzle
06-08-2019, 09:57 AM
Interesting to see how other ZPL sides take to Azzurri's antics. Their third grade guys carry on a fair bit once their game has finished.
Not sure how established ZPL clubs will take to the crap they serve up??

Reading this forum it sounds like the boys are quite comfortable with a bit of carry on :o

Yeah nah been given the big N-O for Smith Park. Currently exploring other options with NF

riverboy
06-08-2019, 10:04 AM
Played them many times in pre season etc so dont have any dramas with them.
Actually love the banter and carry on.

I will remember this next year. Haha

idontwannaplaywithhowey
06-08-2019, 11:28 AM
Yeah nah been given the big N-O for Smith Park. Currently exploring other options with NF

Really? Whats the issue?
Obviously its no Wembley, but it has the basics (canteen, sheds etc) and could be fenced off on match days.

la bazzle
06-08-2019, 12:17 PM
Really? Whats the issue?
Obviously its no Wembley, but it has the basics (canteen, sheds etc) and could be fenced off on match days.

My understanding is it's a facilities thing - the field is ok apparently.

Jardelsimage
06-08-2019, 02:00 PM
My understanding is it's a facilities thing - the field is ok apparently.

The sheds haven't changed since I played there last, 2000 I think it was.
Sheds were/are small, but no smaller than Warners Bay sheds were until they built there new sheds and they let them come and go in ZPL for years.
On that note Bero's sheds aren't that big either.(and no I'm not picking on Bero, just a comparison) so what's the problem, you win you go up, didn't know we are criteria based in ZPL.

la bazzle
06-08-2019, 03:03 PM
The sheds haven't changed since I played there last, 2000 I think it was.
Sheds were/are small, but no smaller than Warners Bay sheds were until they built there new sheds and they let them come and go in ZPL for years.
On that note Bero's sheds aren't that big either.(and no I'm not picking on Bero, just a comparison) so what's the problem, you win you go up, didn't know we are criteria based in ZPL.

(b) Promotion and Relegation shall be COMPULSORY between ZFL Leagues 1,2,3.
(c) Promotion and Relegation between ZF League 1 and ZFL Premier League will be based on Premiership and the Club’s ability to suit ZPL criteria. This will be determined by the Joint Board Panel and the Zone Association ZFL Competition Administrator each season.

Yeah the sheds are very basic and pretty gross. The ability for fencing the ground off maybe? I wasn't at the meeting so this is all second hand knowledge, but my understanding is it's facilities holding us back.

Jardelsimage
06-08-2019, 04:15 PM
[QUOTE=la bazzle;228151](b) Promotion and Relegation shall be COMPULSORY between ZFL Leagues 1,2,3.
(c) Promotion and Relegation between ZF League 1 and ZFL Premier League will be based on Premiership and the Club’s ability to suit ZPL criteria. This will be determined by the Joint Board Panel and the Zone Association ZFL Competition Administrator each season.

Well never knew or didn't really pay much attention to that section, it hasn't stopped anyone in the past from rising to ZPL as long as I can remember.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
06-08-2019, 04:37 PM
[QUOTE=la bazzle;228151](b) Promotion and Relegation shall be COMPULSORY between ZFL Leagues 1,2,3.

Well never knew or didn't really pay much attention to that section, it hasn't stopped anyone in the past from rising to ZPL as long as I can remember.

When they brought it in and did the reconfiguration of ZL they brought in some fencing requirements. We at New Lambton were cool as we were at Adamstown Oval at the time, but when we moved back to Alder Park we had issues. We managed to manually fence off the ground each match day, and it was ok'd at the time. Newy Football may have a different view of whether that is applicable 6-7 years down the line, and obviously views can change, but that's what we did (until we could fund a fence, get agreement with others users, approval from council etc).

The other main issue would likely be lighting. Not sure what the deal is at Smith Park, but there are lighting expectations as well for ZPL. Obviously that is a more difficult one to solve (ie/ clubs needs raise $$ as all sporting clubs are basically expected to upgrade facilities these days).

la bazzle
06-08-2019, 04:52 PM
[QUOTE=Jardelsimage;228153]

The other main issue would likely be lighting. Not sure what the deal is at Smith Park, but there are lighting expectations as well for ZPL. Obviously that is a more difficult one to solve (ie/ clubs needs raise $$ as all sporting clubs are basically expected to upgrade facilities these days).

Could be on to something here - defo no lights

Shere Khan
06-08-2019, 05:47 PM
La bazzle what happened to the ground in the back of Waratah?
Used to be a cricket pitch in the middle but was pretty much abandoned.
Cardiff played a trial there against you.
Went passed the other day and now fully fenced.

la bazzle
06-08-2019, 06:33 PM
La bazzle what happened to the ground in the back of Waratah?
Used to be a cricket pitch in the middle but was pretty much abandoned.
Cardiff played a trial there against you.
Went passed the other day and now fully fenced.

Thomas Percy. Yeah we used to borrow it for preseason, there’s goals up all year round.
We initially had plans to use it but it probably needed more work than Smith Park.

From memory someone was using it? Mayfield (not sure which) used it for training a few times, also I think a women’s team might have been using it? They must have fenced it for cricket but I’m not sure how much use it gets?

I haven’t seen it since the trial vs you guys. Might have to swing by tomorrow.

oneeye
06-08-2019, 07:49 PM
Thomas Percy. Yeah we used to borrow it for preseason, there’s goals up all year round.
We initially had plans to use it but it probably needed more work than Smith Park.

From memory someone was using it? Mayfield (not sure which) used it for training a few times, also I think a women’s team might have been using it? They must have fenced it for cricket but I’m not sure how much use it gets?

I haven’t seen it since the trial vs you guys. Might have to swing by tomorrow.

Thomas Percy has had a new cement cricket pitch put in it. I think it is used for rep cricket training and games. Hunter Christian Churches play on there and Mayfield use it as a second ground. But it has been washed out for weeks this year as it has the worst drainage .

Alton
07-08-2019, 01:31 PM
They should play in the middle of the showground.

Roundball Enthusiast
07-08-2019, 02:49 PM
They should play in the middle of the showground.

I heard they might be using Carrington. One on the list.

Alton
07-08-2019, 03:22 PM
I heard they might be using Carrington. One on the list.

Not on our ground, must be over on Jordan Oval

The Hacker
09-08-2019, 07:03 PM
What's the thoughts on the spare weekend. I'm not a fan but that's just personal I'd rather see the season flow

Jardelsimage
09-08-2019, 07:07 PM
What's the thoughts on the spare weekend. I'm not a fan but that's just personal I'd rather see the season flow

its a joke, piss it off.
We now have new rules about washed out games, 2 weeks to get them done, don't need a spare weekend, unless a pasha storm roles in on rd 16

The Hacker
09-08-2019, 07:58 PM
its a joke, piss it off.
We now have new rules about washed out games, 2 weeks to get them done, don't need a spare weekend, unless a pasha storm roles in on rd 16

Agree and what if next week is a washout it's so stupid

onlooker
10-08-2019, 05:05 PM
If they insist on having it, they should at least make it the weekend before semis. So if in a case like I believe it is this year with no games the teams in the finals get a week rest beforehand and the teams out don’t have to sit out a week then play their final game. But I agree just scrape the idea.

rawr.
12-08-2019, 11:49 AM
If they insist on having it, they should at least make it the weekend before semis. So if in a case like I believe it is this year with no games the teams in the finals get a week rest beforehand and the teams out don’t have to sit out a week then play their final game. But I agree just scrape the idea.

The clubs involved when this was originally tabled voted to have the Round 18 game played before the Finals series so that you have flow into the Finals - so they voted to NOT have the week off before the Finals.

The Hacker
14-08-2019, 10:11 AM
Footballs back. Does anyone think Cardiff can pinch points off Mayfield. Or do we think Mayfield will put a few past them

PlasticFan
14-08-2019, 11:09 AM
Footballs back. Does anyone think Cardiff can pinch points off Mayfield. Or do we think Mayfield will put a few past them

Mayfield V Cardiff will be a great game. All i can see Cardiff trying to injure as many blokes as they can before the final whistle. But Cardiff don't have the same bite they once had, sitting in 9th with nothing to play for.

Bigger question should be, can Dudley get a decent result against another side in the Top 4? Kotara are no mugs and i'm pretty sure they have the Young Whippet back now, rumour has it he was chasing the one ring over in Hobbiton. That's my game of the week.

Jardelsimage
14-08-2019, 05:10 PM
[QUOTE=PlasticFan;228604]Mayfield V Cardiff will be a great game. All i can see Cardiff trying to injure as many blokes as they can before the final whistle. But Cardiff don't have the same bite they once had, sitting in 9th with nothing to play for.

Bite, well we just bit Kotara and as for 9th and nothing to play for, you kid yourself, kegggggggs are on the table I hear.

traffic light
14-08-2019, 05:33 PM
Mayfield V Cardiff will be a great game. All i can see Cardiff trying to injure as many blokes as they can before the final whistle. But Cardiff don't have the same bite they once had, sitting in 9th with nothing to play for.

Bigger question should be, can Dudley get a decent result against another side in the Top 4? Kotara are no mugs and i'm pretty sure they have the Young Whippet back now, rumour has it he was chasing the one ring over in Hobbiton. That's my game of the week.

Go back to lurking.

Cardiff wont care a bit and hacking is perfected by Suns.

Mayfield have it covered. Bring on semis

The Hacker
14-08-2019, 06:32 PM
[QUOTE=PlasticFan;228604]Mayfield V Cardiff will be a great game. All i can see Cardiff trying to injure as many blokes as they can before the final whistle. But Cardiff don't have the same bite they once had, sitting in 9th with nothing to play for.

Bite, well we just bit Kotara and as for 9th and nothing to play for, you kid yourself, kegggggggs are on the table I hear.

I bet the Dudley boys would throw in a keg if Cardiff took points. They have a pub owner in the ranks I hear so a keg should be easy for them to sort

Sun_of_a_Grub
14-08-2019, 06:48 PM
Agreed suns are the kings of the late kick!!

After being flogged by both Dudley and Mayfield I think Dudley are the better team and will put a crikit score on Kotara to win the title

Cardiff will play their usual rough game. Mayfield to scrape in with a 2:1 win though.... Cardiff to have 1 or 2 sent typical end of season game for a rough team

Anyone know when Dudley start pre season ;) still looking for a team!

PlasticFan
15-08-2019, 11:09 AM
[QUOTE=Jardelsimage;228627]

I bet the Dudley boys would throw in a keg if Cardiff took points. They have a pub owner in the ranks I hear so a keg should be easy for them to sort

Will they be buying the keg or just taking it from the cool room like last time?

onlooker
17-08-2019, 05:52 PM
Terrace V Bero
3rds 2-4
Res 0-9
1st 3-2

Sun_of_a_Grub
18-08-2019, 11:13 AM
[QUOTE=The Hacker;228643]

Will they be buying the keg or just taking it from the cool room like last time?

Have I missed something? What happened?

Score predictions for Dudley vs Kotara today? I'm going 4:1 Dudley

Lofty
18-08-2019, 08:14 PM
Suns v Barnsley
Thirds 2-0
Ressies 3-3
Firsts 6-3

CrazyZigga
18-08-2019, 10:03 PM
Kotara v Dudley
3rds 0-1
Res 2-4
1sts 0-2

FlatScreen
20-08-2019, 03:01 PM
Anyone game enough for some predictions? Will Kotara use the Alder Park trick again? Can Mayfield break the GF Curse? Can the Swans new Coach get the result?

Predictions based up both games being played.

Firsts
Mayfield 4-1
Dudley 3-1

Ressies
Dudley 6-0
Mayfield 2-0

Thirds
Dudley 3-2
Mayfield 4-2

PlasticFan
21-08-2019, 11:25 AM
Went by Mayfield Woolies this morning, found one of the locals drifting in and out on consciousness, needle still in arm, chanting softly "Back2Back, Back2Back". The community has really gotten behind the lads.

My Predicitions

Firsts
Mayfield 4-1
Swansea 3-3 (through on away goals)

Ressies
Dudley 6-2
Mayfield 3-2

Thirds
Dudley 9-1
Mayfield 6-2

Although I'd love Dudley v Mayfield all 3 grades, i can see Swansea causing an upset.

HonkingDonkey
22-08-2019, 09:38 AM
Back to Back! Back to Back!

Barnsley with the spoon.

In all was a pretty solid season, lot closer at the top than anyone predicted. Lets reflect on our predictions:

1. Dudley - Overdue to actually win something, the little engine that could, just never getting to the top of that hill. Win the GF and take out the double.
2. Kotara - Grand Finalists last year pushing the Suns to the limit and beating mayfield... will be top 2 for sure, dont make the GF, outclassed by Dudley.
3. Suns - will have a mixed first half of the season and recover to make the finals in the second half, will lose the GF to Dudley (1-4).
4. WBay - Started early, have been looking like they will make a good run at this year and will sneak in 4th. dont make the GF knocked out by suns.
5. Swansea - Always close never closing the deal.
6. Mayfield - Will lose the games they managed to turn into draws last season.
7. Cardiff - In the big cats league that is ZPL, they will still finish last, but might scrap a 5th or 6th if they jag a few unexpected wins when their injuries heal.
8. Terrace - Will turn up all pumped and excited to be in the big boys league... about 5 weeks in they will have 1 win and maybe a draw and be wishing they could go back to struggling to get promoted in ZL1.
9. Bero - Worst ground in the league, reflected in their football... the only thing saving them from the drop is that they manage to win the dumpster fire games, demotion grand final specialists.
10. Barnsley - Will fight with with Bero in what is sure to be a battle of the titans for last place...

Not far off the money.

The Hacker
22-08-2019, 10:17 AM
Went by Mayfield Woolies this morning, found one of the locals drifting in and out on consciousness, needle still in arm, chanting softly "Back2Back, Back2Back". The community has really gotten behind the lads.

My Predicitions

Firsts
Mayfield 4-1
Swansea 3-3 (through on away goals)

Ressies
Dudley 6-2
Mayfield 3-2

Thirds
Dudley 9-1
Mayfield 6-2

Although I'd love Dudley v Mayfield all 3 grades, i can see Swansea causing an upset.

Ha bloody Mayfield supports how good are they.

My Predictions over the 2 legs
First
Mayfield 3-1
Kotara have lost 3 on the trot not sure they can turn it around. The cow paddock they call Nesbitt might bring them into the contest
Dudley 4-2
I think both teams attack extremely well the difference will be defense and Dudley's is better than Swansea. I think Swansea leak goals to often.

Reggies
Dudley 6-1
Barnsley wish they had Dudley's reserve grade playing first grade out there. Maybe then they wouldn't be relegated. Dudley to strong.

Swansea 3-2
Swansea are a dangerous team and I think will pinch a few goals in this one. Swansea will want to get a second shot at Dudley in a Grand final

Thirds
Mayfield 4-1
Mayfield with to much fire power up front and with 3 grades in semis for both teams I just think Mayfields depth is better than Swanseas

Dudley 3-1
With Suns only having 1 team in semis if they drop first graders which none of us would be surprised by I'd change my prediction. But if it's 2 genuine 3rd grade sides I'd take Dudley

FlatScreen
22-08-2019, 11:23 AM
Ha bloody Mayfield supports how good are they.

Dudley 3-1
With Suns only having 1 team in semis if they drop first graders which none of us would be surprised by I'd change my prediction. But if it's 2 genuine 3rd grade sides I'd take Dudley

Doesn't eligibility rules prevent that from happening? I thought you could only drop 1 grade, as a few years back there was a big blow up. Anyone know the exact ruling?

The Hacker
22-08-2019, 12:36 PM
Doesn't eligibility rules prevent that from happening? I thought you could only drop 1 grade, as a few years back there was a big blow up. Anyone know the exact ruling?

Having been at there game Sunday. Some of their regular 1st graders playing reserves I'd suggest to qualify so they are only dropping '1 grade'. Hate to be one of the blokes that played all year to get a tap on the shoulder come semi final time if that's what happens. You would hope it doesn't

FlatScreen
22-08-2019, 04:05 PM
Having been at there game Sunday. Some of their regular 1st graders playing reserves I'd suggest to qualify so they are only dropping '1 grade'. Hate to be one of the blokes that played all year to get a tap on the shoulder come semi final time if that's what happens. You would hope it doesn't

So it only goes off last game of the year? I thought it was like 66% starting locks you, or something like that... I haven't seen the suns much this year, but surely firsts players wouldn't be eligible.

TauZero
22-08-2019, 04:27 PM
So it only goes off last game of the year? I thought it was like 66% starting locks you, or something like that... I haven't seen the suns much this year, but surely firsts players wouldn't be eligible.

https://macquariefootball.com.au/wp-content/uploads/sites/13/2019/05/REGULATION-E-2019.pdf

la bazzle
22-08-2019, 04:44 PM

The magic number for a 10 team comp is 12 games. If a player STARTS 12 games in say firsts, they can only start on the bench in ressies. If a player has only played 5 games all year and they were in firsts, they can start ressies because they haven't started in the 12 games. In third grade it's ridiculous though you could have 4 Ressies players all start on the bench and come on after 2 minutes and play the whole game.

That's my undrstanding

Nou Camp
22-08-2019, 05:14 PM

had nothing to do with people qualifying
with firsts having nothing to play for anymore, all first graders were made to play 2 games on sunday as pretty much all of thirds have been playing 2 games for the last 8 weeks due to a large shortage of numbers this year
no one is missing out

Lofty
22-08-2019, 05:33 PM
I didn’t hear any clubs complaining during the season when we had most players playing two games with guys who started the year in thirds now starting firsts due to sheer numbers we didn’t have. And nowwwww the conspiracies are starting about third grade. The facts are we probably have 23 players in the squad who are fit and available and then probably 18 who are eligible. So of that, there will be 3 players eligible who won’t get a shirt. I’d much rather be in Dudley’s position than ours - I promise you that!

TheBean
24-08-2019, 02:34 PM
Obviously no conspiracy, suns just have a really strong squad- feel bad for Blake McNamara getting dropped to 3rd grade after being one of suns best first graders any game I've watched this year. Good to see him score the winner in the first semi today- hope he's done enough to keep his spot

traffic light
24-08-2019, 05:56 PM
Obviously no conspiracy, suns just have a really strong squad- feel bad for Blake McNamara getting dropped to 3rd grade after being one of suns best first graders any game I've watched this year. Good to see him score the winner in the first semi today- hope he's done enough to keep his spot

No surprise from Grub FC. They keep proving me right. Win at all costs just like their aids brothers at Tragic. Surprise there's no broken bones as well.

Sure others have done it but not on the constant scale like this.

Gelato
24-08-2019, 07:23 PM
I only noticed 1 person different in that Suns squad. Majority of those lads played when Dudley only beat them 2-1 a couple weeks back 🤷🤷

Charman
24-08-2019, 09:12 PM
Here’s an idea, just post results and who really gives a f—k about who stacks what? Been done for 100 years, will be done for the next 100. Move on.

Lofty
24-08-2019, 09:29 PM
At the end of the day, there’s 23 guys who are available. 15 guys in the squad for thirds, 8 don’t get a shirt. But of the 23 they aren’t all eligible, only 17 are. We have boys who started thirds and then ressies too many times and now can’t play thirds. Two players that are eligible didn’t get a shirt today, one of them being a 56 year old carrying an injury. We don’t have all age, over 35’s to fall back on. We have what we have. It’s been a rubbish year for players available to play. We aren’t going to have a playing squad with less people than allowed just to make the keyboard warriors happy. We are a club. The boys playing thirds have all played a part in thirds this season. As I said before, put me in Dudley’s club position right now and I’d snap it up.

CrazyZigga
24-08-2019, 10:30 PM
Today's results:
3rds Suns 1-0 Dudley
Res Kotara 1-2 Dudley
1sts Kotara 0-1 Mayfield

Lofty
24-08-2019, 10:38 PM
Today's results:
3rds Suns 1-0 Dudley
Res Kotara 1-2 Dudley
1sts Kotara 0-1 Mayfield

Not the worst results for Kotara. Very tough conditions for everyone. Looking forward to the second legs next week at mayfield. Thanks to Kotara for a good day today.

Sun_of_a_Grub
25-08-2019, 11:36 AM

Curious how many games this guy has played in third grade this year? Since they're short numbers and all that??

The Hacker
25-08-2019, 12:31 PM
Curious how many games this guy has played in third grade this year? Since they're short numbers and all that??

I'd be interested to see the breakdown of first grade games to third grade. I hear they trotted out James Foteff in the middle of the park to. If true a real third grader there. I'm sure they started and the 'real third graders had to ride the pine'

Melico
25-08-2019, 01:12 PM
I'd be interested to see the breakdown of first grade games to third grade. I hear they trotted out James Foteff in the middle of the park to. If true a real third grader there. I'm sure they started and the 'real third graders had to ride the pine'

Suns have done this for years.

We have all seen them drop first graders to thirds to get results when required. I've seen them kick ball out off kick off to make a double sub in a semi final.

And they wonder why everyone has it against them.

CrazyZigga
25-08-2019, 07:46 PM
Today's results
3rds Kotara 3-2 Mayfield
Res Swansea 1-2 Mayfield
1sts Swansea 2-1 Dudley

Jardelsimage
26-08-2019, 07:05 AM
Suns have done this for years.

We have all seen them drop first graders to thirds to get results when required. I've seen them kick ball out off kick off to make a double sub in a semi final.

And they wonder why everyone has it against them.

Now don't take this the wrong way, Suns are only doing as the rules allow, whether morally correct or incorrect.
The rules we have allow this and has for years, there is a certain club in the 3rd grade finals currently, that did a similar thing a few years back, we didn't whinge as the rules allow it, did we like it, no, we should have been smarter and did the same thing maybe that year.
If anything they need to change the eligibility rules to fix this, especially when it involves 3rds and the unlimited sub scenario.

HonkingDonkey
26-08-2019, 08:40 AM
The rules we have allow this and has for years, there is a certain club in the 3rd grade finals currently, that did a similar thing a few years back,

Dudley, no need to be bashful, tell it how it is. Dudley do this, The Grubs do this... notice the link.

Saturday Results
3rds Suns 1-0 Dudley
Res Kotara 1-2 Dudley
1sts Kotara 0-1 Mayfield

Sunday Results
3rds Kotara 3-2 Mayfield
Res Swansea 1-2 Mayfield
1sts Swansea 2-1 Dudley

Swansea and Kotara doing their best on the sunday to try and prevent a Mayfield vs Dudley final day.
Mayfield thirds will get the job done and get over kotara. The suns will stack their team but Dudley will rally and knock, the only issue for dudley is they cant stack their own third grade team.
As for the big dogs, I think dudley have blown it, gone and poped way to early. Tipping Swansea to hold on here and be the only non Mayfield/Dudley team on the final day.

EwoodPark
27-08-2019, 08:52 AM
Games on Sunday scheduled for Mayfield Park have been transferred to Lisle Carr Oval.

As most teams who played at Mayfield Park in the 2nd half of the season can attest to is just not up to it, copped to much traffic.

ForeverRed
27-08-2019, 09:08 AM
Why is the grand final on the same day as the new fm grand final, doesn’t make sense, surely it can be played ion Saturday

onlooker
27-08-2019, 12:26 PM
Why is the grand final on the same day as the new fm grand final, doesn’t make sense, surely it can be played ion Saturday
I think it’s been proven that the people making the decisions don’t actually care about the NewFm comp. it’s just there because it has to be. Also I’d say there isn’t much communication between the two mobs running each league. ( under the assumption it is two different ones if it’s not my first point seems to be even clearer.)

PlasticFan
27-08-2019, 12:54 PM
Mayfields ground has never been up to par to be honest. Unsure how they play each week, let alone win the comp on that travesty of grass.

No one actually cares about NewFM, not even the teams in the comp applied to be in it.

Anyone pick the grand final teams yet?

Thirds
Mayfield v Suns

Suns to play first graders for the remaining of the season, doing exactly what their arch rivals Dudley did last year.

Reserves
Mayfield v Dudley

Both teams to shut up shop with the away goal advantage.

Firsts
Mayfield v Swansea

Mayfield to figure out how to score again, Swansea to go through on away goals in a 1-0 loss.

The Hacker
27-08-2019, 01:24 PM
Mayfields ground has never been up to par to be honest. Unsure how they play each week, let alone win the comp on that travesty of grass.

No one actually cares about NewFM, not even the teams in the comp applied to be in it.

Anyone pick the grand final teams yet?

Thirds
Mayfield v Suns

Suns to play first graders for the remaining of the season, doing exactly what their arch rivals Dudley did last year.

Reserves
Mayfield v Dudley

Both teams to shut up shop with the away goal advantage.

Firsts
Mayfield v Swansea

Mayfield to figure out how to score again, Swansea to go through on away goals in a 1-0 loss.

If Swansea lose 1-0 there out on away goals.

PlasticFan
27-08-2019, 01:56 PM
If Swansea lose 1-0 there out on away goals.

Sorry, I've been day drinking with my mate from Mayfield Woolies.

Swansea to go through just because no one likes Dudley, fair?

HonkingDonkey
28-08-2019, 08:35 AM
Sorry, I've been day drinking with my mate from Mayfield Woolies.
Back to Back, Back To Back... didnt know you were onboard!

Swansea to go through just because no one likes Dudley, fair?
To be honest no one really likes Swansea but they'll gain a few fans if they put Dudley in there place.

Thirds
Mayfield v Dudley
Suns will bring out the big book of excuses and try and justify their selection of players from grades above playing down in thirds (do you still get paid if you play thirds?)
Only time people will back Dudley is vs the grubs, its the ZPL equivilent of the movie SAW, you dont want to but sometimes you gotta do ****ed up things.

Reserves
Mayfield v Dudley
The top to two teams for the season (in 1sts), you have to have depth to manage that.

Firsts
Mayfield v Swansea
Dudley to miss out on the big show again and come out empty handed again.
Mayfield to find inspiration from last year and the balloon incident.

The Hacker
28-08-2019, 11:26 PM
Looking at the weather forecast. What happens if there is a washout this weekend. Does the result from last week determine who goes through, does the highest ranked team go through or midweek replay

Premy
29-08-2019, 10:55 AM
Looking at the weather forecast. What happens if there is a washout this weekend. Does the result from last week determine who goes through, does the highest ranked team go through or midweek replay

In the event of a complete or major washout in any one set of Finals Series Fixtures, the Zone Association ZFL Competition Administrator may seek to put the season back one (1) week IF THIS IS POSSIBLE.
(c) Efforts will be made by the Zone Association ZFL Competition Administrator to re-locate or re-schedule washed out Finals Series Matches to a suitable venue if the original venue is washed out.
(d) If it is not possible to achieve any of the outcomes in E 30 (a), (b) or (c), the Zone Association ZFL Competition Administrator may declare the Finals Series event for a specific grade or for all grades to be CANCELLED.
(e) In the event of the CANCELLATION of ONE leg of the home and away two leg
SEMI-FINAL Matches, the Winners of the two single leg Semi-Final Matches played shall qualify to play in the GRAND FINAL Match whilst the Losers of the two single leg Semi-Final Matches played shall be eliminated.
In the event of a score draw in a single leg Semi-Final Match, the home and away goals Rule (2 for an away goal, 1 for a home goal) will be used to determine the Winner (to proceed to the Grand Final) and the Loser (to be eliminated).
In the event of a scoreless draw in a single leg Semi-Final Match, the Zone Association ZFL Competition Administrator shall arrange for a play-off Match
between the two Teams to take place during the week following the drawn Match. If at the end of normal time in this Match the Teams are still locked in a scoreless draw, Rule E 09 (b) (3) shall be used to find the Winner – extra time + penalty kick decider if required (for First Grade only); penalty kick decider (for Reserve and Third Grade).

MisplacedPasses
30-08-2019, 09:48 PM
G'day friends, long time no chat! Been in Thailand trying to find a new Mrs since the last one left.

After a forum hiatus I must say that I'm very surprised with what's happening in ZPL!

Mayfield somehow pulled it off again, Jesus... it's got me beat how that bunch of ugly football playing geriatrics have managed it.

Dudley choking! all that money spent on the greatest footballers in Newcastle only to finished second, AGAIN! From all reports I heard they they celebrated winning the league after beating the third grade stakers 5:0 .... Awkward!

Swansea who remembers all that bitching by those who didn't make the cut at the start of the season? Probably noone, it's the best they've been for a long time L O L

Kotara can't believe the one trick ponies made the finals going off recent results they may as well forfeit just like they did in the FFA cup! Haven't heard about anyone being called C#%TS for a while.... Have the lightweights given up the tins?

Also saw the add for Optus' Top Tier Shit Towns (Cardiff and Swansea) can't wait to see that!!

The Hacker
31-08-2019, 11:53 AM
No football at Dudley went down and it's a pool. Any word on a reschedule time for games

mussfc
31-08-2019, 04:13 PM
ZPL 1v 4 Semi Finals set down for tomorrow at lisle Carr Oval
have been transferred to Mallabulla Sporting complex
same times
3rds Dudley v Suns
Res Dudley v Kotara
1sts Mayfield V Kotara
Massive thanks to Tilligerry FC for taking the games at short notice
Tilligerry have a liquor Licence so please do not bring any Alcohol

mefa1984
01-09-2019, 05:44 PM
ZPL 1v 4 Semi Finals set down for tomorrow at lisle Carr Oval
have been transferred to Mallabulla Sporting complex
same times
3rds Dudley v Suns
Res Dudley v Kotara
1sts Mayfield V Kotara
Massive thanks to Tilligerry FC for taking the games at short notice
Tilligerry have a liquor Licence so please do not bring any Alcohol

Any result from today?

Nou Camp
01-09-2019, 06:06 PM
Mayfield choked again I heard

ForeverRed
01-09-2019, 06:13 PM
Dudley through in two lower grades

mefa1984
01-09-2019, 06:16 PM
Mayfield choked again I heard

Really!!! 2 years in a row against the same team???

traffic light
01-09-2019, 06:33 PM
Scores?

Geoff Toovey
01-09-2019, 06:35 PM
3rds 2-0 Dudley
Ressies 3-0 Dudley
1st 2-1 Kotara

The Hacker
01-09-2019, 06:52 PM
3rds 2-0 Dudley
Ressies 3-0 Dudley
1st 2-1 Kotara

It was a good day at Tillegerry and the pitch made for some good football. It would be the best ground in this league by streets and allowed the ball to be knocked around in all 3 grades.
3rd I got there just before half time and the Suns savior the week before had been dropped. Dudley got one late in the first half to level the tie and another in the second half and hung on. Suns sat deep and only troubled Dudley when they were down 2-0 if they did it all game the result might have been different.

Reggies - Kotara looked to kick Dudley of the park and Dudley played football and won 3-0. Kotara had a player sent later.

Firsts - Mayfield have managed to do it again and miss the big dance. Kotara who were coming in with 4 straight losses and were poor last week flicked a switch pinch 2 goals and the tie. Across 2 legs Mayfield didn't bury thier chance and it came back to haunt them.

Anyone know where and when the other semis are being played

holding_midfield
01-09-2019, 07:01 PM
Kotara can't believe the one trick ponies made the finals going off recent results they may as well forfeit just like they did in the FFA cup! Haven't heard about anyone being called C#%TS for a while.... Have the lightweights given up the tins?

Yeh good chat ya c#%t :thumbsup::thumbsup:

CrazyZigga
01-09-2019, 07:17 PM
Anyone know where and when the other semis are being played

1st Grade tomorrow @ Lydon. 7pm kickoff.
3rds & Res on Wednesday. 630 & 8pm kickoff.

The Hacker
01-09-2019, 07:36 PM

Cheers

HonkingDonkey
02-09-2019, 08:34 AM
What a weekend, you think the rain is going to spoil everything then suddenly Sunday throws up a gem!

What is going on over at Mayfield? you would think after last season they would have had the determination to get this one home.
Not only do they win the league and not make the grand final. Twice, they have thrown it away to the weakest team that was lucky to even be in the top 4.
Really taking the Back to Back to the next level on this one.

Makes for an anti climatic grand final, Swansea vs Kotara and the top 2 teams in the league dont play each other, seems a bit boring.

ForeverRed
02-09-2019, 09:41 AM
Don’t underestimate Dudley tonight, they’ll be keen to have all three grades in the GF, which would be a fantastic achievement for a great club

The Anvil
02-09-2019, 09:46 AM
What a weekend, you think the rain is going to spoil everything then suddenly Sunday throws up a gem!

What is going on over at Mayfield? you would think after last season they would have had the determination to get this one home.
Not only do they win the league and not make the grand final. Twice, they have thrown it away to the weakest team that was lucky to even be in the top 4.
Really taking the Back to Back to the next level on this one.

Makes for an anti climatic grand final, Swansea vs Kotara and the top 2 teams in the league dont play each other, seems a bit boring.

Honking... If you were at the silky Mallabula Sporting Complex yesterday you would have seen the team that played with determination did get the result. I think Mayfield went in a bit too confident after going into the game 1-0 up. I suppose Kotara South did "limp" into the top 4. But when it counts they got the job done. I do feel a bit for Mayfield, they have been the best team for a couple of years but we live in Australia where we play final series.

Either way will be a good day next Sunday at Adamstown, I'm sure the Kotara boys will be right up for it again. It just might be their year!

PlasticFan
02-09-2019, 10:16 AM
Its amazing that all the Kotara Keyboard warriors from last year have been dead silent for months until Sunday night, did they finally get the NBN?

I was at Mallabula on Sunday myself actually, thought i'd get the kids out of the house, and from what i saw on the weekend, Kotara were VERY lucky to go through! Credit to them scored a great goal in the first half to make it 1-1, don't think that lad will hit a shot like that again in his life, semi final footballer stepping up. But Mayfield scored all other goals in the game and Kotara had nothing going forward, plugged 7 in the backline after the own goal and just weathered the storm. For anyone trying to say Kotara were better on the day are clearly just their own supporters, celebrating what to them is their grand final win.

All the luck to them in the GF because frankly, from what i saw yesterday, they will need it.

The Hacker
02-09-2019, 10:47 AM
Its amazing that all the Kotara Keyboard warriors from last year have been dead silent for months until Sunday night, did they finally get the NBN?

I was at Mallabula on Sunday myself actually, thought i'd get the kids out of the house, and from what i saw on the weekend, Kotara were VERY lucky to go through! Credit to them scored a great goal in the first half to make it 1-1, don't think that lad will hit a shot like that again in his life, semi final footballer stepping up. But Mayfield scored all other goals in the game and Kotara had nothing going forward, plugged 7 in the backline after the own goal and just weathered the storm. For anyone trying to say Kotara were better on the day are clearly just their own supporters, celebrating what to them is their grand final win.

All the luck to them in the GF because frankly, from what i saw yesterday, they will need it.

I think you got it in one. Fair call on the game. Good luck to the Tigers from Kotara they did what they had to

Alton
02-09-2019, 01:37 PM

They should be playing at Lisle Carr

The Hacker
02-09-2019, 03:31 PM

Does Lisle have a grand finals this weekend. Won't want it chopped up

ForeverRed
02-09-2019, 04:28 PM
Why, Lydon Oval is their home ground, it’s in decent nick

footballfan
02-09-2019, 10:54 PM
Swans Grand Final Bound!!!
2-1 victory tonight over Dudley in 1st grade..

HonkingDonkey
03-09-2019, 12:12 AM

Nailed it.
Imagine finishing third or forth and thinking that your medallion after that was worth anything.
See you guys next season. Hopefully the rest of the league can close the gap on the top two.

Roundball Enthusiast
03-09-2019, 12:32 AM
Nailed it.
Imagine finishing third or forth and thinking that your medallion after that was worth anything.
See you guys next season. Hopefully the rest of the league can close the gap on the top two.

bitter much? sore losers hey.

Imagine playing for premiers and it still being worth nothing because you cant get promoted.

traffic light
03-09-2019, 01:20 AM
Nailed it.

Whole series is a farce. Bring back the major minor. Make 3rd 4th work for a spot

Roundball Enthusiast
03-09-2019, 01:42 AM
Imagine losing two legs and still thinking you're the better team at this point in the season.

The Hacker
03-09-2019, 08:18 AM
Whole series is a farce. Bring back the major minor. Make 3rd 4th work for a spot

I have always agreed with this. There isn't enough reward for finishing 1st or 2nd. Good luck to Swansea and Kotara. I think the Swans are morals.

footballfan
03-09-2019, 08:29 AM
Nailed it.

Close the gap???
Swansea finished 3 points behind "the top two" you clown!!

BayWatch
03-09-2019, 08:30 AM
Nailed it.

Honking Donkey living up to his name with comments like that, clearly a statement from someone who hasn't received a medallion.

Neutral fan here so opinion may not be warranted:
Can't comment on Kotara because they failed to beat a top 4 side this year, although anything can happen in a GF.
Swansea did finish with the same amount of wins as Mayfield and Dudley to finish 3pts behind ("massive gap"), were the only team to beat Mayfield and also beat Dudley in both semi final legs.

HonkingDonkey
03-09-2019, 08:39 AM
Imagine losing two legs and still thinking you're the better team at this point in the season.
The season ended two weeks ago. They are the better teams and best team in the league. Just saying.
Imagine finishing 3rd or 4th and thinking your the better team because after not cutting the mustard over 20 weeks you managed to scrap by on goal difference or win a 1 off game.

Honking Donkey living up to his name with comments like that, clearly a statement from someone who hasn't received a medallion.
Got plenty, I dont accept mediocre bullshit. So as you might have guessed, I dont finish 3rd or 4th and still think my participation star is a worthy reward.

"massive gap"
You know how numbers work right?

45 - Mayfield
45 - Dudley
42 - 3rd place
Not
Even
Close
Yet
Still
More
Oh
Here
It
Is
Almost
27 - Forth place

You tell me what you think a 17 point gap from 18 games is.

TheBean
03-09-2019, 09:01 AM
I'll preface this by saying that I really want Kotara to win the GF, underdogs again, and haven't been wankers this year, and have some good young players. Play ugly football, but so does every team, it's only ZPL I'm not expecting tiki taka.
I think the points in here about Swansea deserving to be in the GF are true, they were in the mix all year, and got two wins in the semis and beat Mayfield.

At this point if people talk about Mayfield being chokers for going out on away goals when their home game was in Port Stephens then we've gotta say Dudley are the same or worse right? 3rd season in a row they've missed out on the big dance, team with probably the best supporting crowd in the comp and best squad depth with their other grades always minor premiers or thereabouts. big money thrown about to aging players, and they've been convincingly beaten over two legs. Typical losers Mayfield also losing the title of biggest chokers imo.

Go Kotara in the GF, Swansea are a team of butchers. Also on a serious note wish the best for recovery for the young CB from Dudley for that freak injury in the first semi.

The Anvil
03-09-2019, 09:02 AM
Just like Horse racing, does not matter if you run 20 length's 4th or a length 4th its still 4th. Still get prize money to run 4th!!!

Would you back a horse that had a last start 4th, beating a horse that has only lost once in 2 years??? Might not be the best form but its still form!

HonkingDonkey
03-09-2019, 09:33 AM
Would you back a horse that had a last start 4th, beating a horse that has only lost once in 2 years??? Might not be the best form but its still form!

Dropping an Anvil on that.

FlatScreen
03-09-2019, 10:10 AM
I wish I cuold say I'm suprised by Mayfield losing. I'm not though.

Dudley.... WTF happened??? Swansea have made a season out of niggling results and kicking people.

LETTTSSSS GO TIGERS!

Beppe
03-09-2019, 10:19 AM
At the end of the day, Mayfield Dudley Swansea were the clearly the better teams by far. No one would be surprised by the swansea / dudley result, both good teams and either team deserved to progress. The big issue is mayfield are not built for the semi's, they do not have the fight or mental resolve to get it done. Hence losing to the weakest of teams two years in a row. Are kotara are great side, no they are not, but what they are is a team that will scramble and work hard and hopefully a bit of luck will fall their way.

Good luck to all the finalists.

PlasticFan
03-09-2019, 10:59 AM
Mayfield loses to Kotara - "knew it would happen", "never had it in them", "not surprised"

Dudley loses to Swansea - "what a travesty this is!", "the finals format needs to change", "oh my god, please someone think of the children"

I'm struggling to figure out why there is a massive love fest with Dudley on this forum, yes they are great footballers but the club culture is shocking. I can wait for when their reserves and thirds win each grand final as first graders drop down the levels pushing people out of their squads they have been in each year. For anyone who thinks this doesn't happen, look at last year as your example. Even their players acknowledged it in their acceptance speeches.

At the end of day, football is football. Did Swansea deserve to win? yes, the won both legs, better than Dudley on each outing. Did Kotara deserve to win? no, they scored 1 out of the 4 goals over the two legs and go through on away goals. BUT THAT'S THE WAY THE COOKIE CRUMBLES.

I'm just sorry for everyone who turns up next Sunday to potentially see the most 1 sided grand final in Newcastle football history. The Swans after all the talk of club culture and favouritism have made the big dance and its their game to lose.

Melico
03-09-2019, 11:01 AM
At the end of the day, Mayfield Dudley Swansea were the clearly the better teams by far. No one would be surprised by the swansea / dudley result, both good teams and either team deserved to progress. The big issue is mayfield are not built for the semi's, they do not have the fight or mental resolve to get it done. Hence losing to the weakest of teams two years in a row. Are kotara are great side, no they are not, but what they are is a team that will scramble and work hard and hopefully a bit of luck will fall their way.

Good luck to all the finalists.

Mayfield Dudley and Swansea deserve full credit for consistency all year and increasing quality of competition across the three grades. All those clubs are in enviable positions.

you have to give credit to Kotara for battling those clubs as best they can without the resources and quality those other clubs possess. That win on the weekend (whilst requiring some luck) was based on sheer effort, working hard and will to get over the line. I don't think anyone would dispute that.

Roundball Enthusiast
03-09-2019, 11:07 AM
Got plenty, I dont accept mediocre bullshit. So as you might have guessed, I dont finish 3rd or 4th and still think my participation star is a worthy reward.

3rd and 4th, no participation award. 1st and 2nd, both get awards. Shouldn't only first place get awards mate? Or you finish second and want a shiny prize for it?

ForeverRed
03-09-2019, 11:18 AM
Mayfield loses to Kotara - "knew it would happen", "never had it in them", "not surprised"

Dudley loses to Swansea - "what a travesty this is!", "the finals format needs to change", "oh my god, please someone think of the children"

I'm struggling to figure out why there is a massive love fest with Dudley on this forum, yes they are great footballers but the club culture is shocking. I can wait for when their reserves and thirds win each grand final as first graders drop down the levels pushing people out of their squads they have been in each year. For anyone who thinks this doesn't happen, look at last year as your example. Even their players acknowledged it in their acceptance speeches.

At the end of day, football is football. Did Swansea deserve to win? yes, the won both legs, better than Dudley on each outing. Did Kotara deserve to win? no, they scored 1 out of the 4 goals over the two legs and go through on away goals. BUT THAT'S THE WAY THE COOKIE CRUMBLES.

I'm just sorry for everyone who turns up next Sunday to potentially see the most 1 sided grand final in Newcastle football history. The Swans after all the talk of club culture and favouritism have made the big dance and its their game to lose.
Can you please give me an example of the “shocking club culture” you talk about at Dudley, I’ll be interested to hear what you have to say, big statement, and don’t give me any rubbing about players dropping back, I want some facts to back up your claims, here’s your chance

Roundball Enthusiast
03-09-2019, 11:36 AM
Can you please give me an example of the “shocking club culture” you talk about at Dudley, I’ll be interested to hear what you have to say, big statement, and don’t give me any rubbing about players dropping back, I want some facts to back up your claims, here’s your chance

I heard they don't even have sliced oranges at halftime.

PlasticFan
03-09-2019, 12:23 PM
I heard they don't even have sliced oranges at halftime.

That's just the start of it! They also don't have Powerade in the sheds.

Just to run through a few things I've seen this year - the copious amount of fights on the field versus the Suns, people within the club (who I've been informed are still associated with the club) breaking into their major sponsor to steal beer from the cool room, fights in the car park after the first semifinal this year at Swansea which resulted in a female being knocked unconscious, and on top of this, I've been at a few games - easy for me living in Charlestown - where i have head a few of their old blokes call out many things to players on the field regarding topics that I can;t even type on an anonymous forum.

If this is at the surface (and yes I understand I don't know the club well enough to make a blanket statement), I can only imagine what else can be found hidden deep in their closet.

HonkingDonkey
03-09-2019, 02:19 PM
3rd and 4th, no participation award. 1st and 2nd, both get awards. Shouldn't only first place get awards mate? Or you finish second and want a shiny prize for it?

No one said second should get anything, 2nd is the first loser mate.

ForeverRed
03-09-2019, 03:24 PM
That's just the start of it! They also don't have Powerade in the sheds.

Just to run through a few things I've seen this year - the copious amount of fights on the field versus the Suns, people within the club (who I've been informed are still associated with the club) breaking into their major sponsor to steal beer from the cool room, fights in the car park after the first semifinal this year at Swansea which resulted in a female being knocked unconscious, and on top of this, I've been at a few games - easy for me living in Charlestown - where i have head a few of their old blokes call out many things to players on the field regarding topics that I can;t even type on an anonymous forum.

If this is at the surface (and yes I understand I don't know the club well enough to make a blanket statement), I can only imagine what else can be found hidden deep in their closet.

So going off your observations you’ve labelled every club in newcastle as having ‘shocking club culture’ as you put it, stupid analysis, sit at any football match and your accusations would be shot down in flames, most of your criticism towards Dudley happens at most grounds

Roundball Enthusiast
03-09-2019, 03:51 PM
No one said second should get anything, 2nd is the first loser mate.

Do you know who else are losers? People not in the Grand Final this weekend.

TheBean
03-09-2019, 06:56 PM
also half the people who will be in the grand final this weekend as well

traffic light
03-09-2019, 09:33 PM
45 - Mayfield
45 - Dudley
42 - 3rd place

27 - Forth place

You tell me what you think a 17 point gap from 18 games is.

Kotara are geniuses. Only worked hard enough for 4th. Then turned it on to show who is better. Next

HonkingDonkey
04-09-2019, 08:29 AM
most of your criticism towards Dudley happens at most grounds
I mean what would a Saturday afternoon be like if we couldn't go play some football, have a kick, call each other names, have a bit of biff, steal a keg and knock a woman out in the car park, Let the boys play!

Bon
04-09-2019, 09:08 AM
also half the people who will be in the grand final this weekend as well

:lulzturtle:

FlatScreen
04-09-2019, 10:18 AM
So going off your observations you’ve labelled every club in newcastle as having ‘shocking club culture’ as you put it, stupid analysis, sit at any football match and your accusations would be shot down in flames, most of your criticism towards Dudley happens at most grounds

Did you even bother to read what he wrote? Now I DO NOT know if they're true, but, I highly doubt every or even a majority of Clubs have had a female knocked out, stolen a keg from their sponsor, or for that matter, have supporters calling out utterly disgusting vile things. You may also need to find a new club.

Negative Police
04-09-2019, 10:33 PM
Scores from tonight?

Lofty
04-09-2019, 10:37 PM
Thirds 1-1.
Kotara win 4-3 on aggregate.
Ressies kicked off at 8:30. Still going.

Negative Police
04-09-2019, 10:49 PM
Thirds 1-1.
Kotara win 4-3 on aggregate.
Ressies kicked off at 8:30. Still going.

Cheers

The Hacker
05-09-2019, 12:03 AM
Cheers

Anyone know the result

CrazyZigga
05-09-2019, 01:02 AM
Anyone know the result

Mayf 0-1 Swansea
Mayf through on away goals.

MisplacedPasses
05-09-2019, 09:29 AM
Yeh good chat ya c#%t :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lay off the tins m8, you haven't won anything yet :wanker:

Two clubs with a very small supporter base should make for a great atmosphere!

Lofty
05-09-2019, 10:21 AM
Lay off the tins m8, you haven't won anything yet :wanker:

Two clubs with a very small supporter base should make for a great atmosphere!

Kotara have been in plenty of grand finals over the past few years. They’re used to it and always pull a big crowd from what I’ve seen.

holding_midfield
06-09-2019, 01:19 AM
Kotara have been in plenty of grand finals over the past few years. They’re used to it and always pull a big crowd from what I’ve seen.

We will have a few there im sure. Not sure how many supporters a 3rd division side is expected to have, but im sure Misplacedpissant will be watching on imparting his never-ending football knowledge on anyone who walks past :redcard:

The Hacker
06-09-2019, 09:54 PM
We will have a few there im sure. Not sure how many supporters a 3rd division side is expected to have, but im sure Misplacedpissant will be watching on imparting his never-ending football knowledge on anyone who walks past :redcard:

The big dance is this weekend. Who we all got
3rds Dudley 2-0
Dudley finished top for a reason. They are solid at the back and can find a goal. Kotara have a solid middle of the park and will cause dramas.

Reserves Dudley 1-0
Dudley are potent up front and have a creative midfield. Mayfield are a really tall side and will rely on the long ball and set piece that suit their height. Both teams would of finished middle table in the first grade comp so should be an entertaining game.

1st Swansea 1-1 (Win on Pens)
This will be a game of long balls and set pieces. It's got them to the dance so clearly works. Kotara will get one goal because Swansea's defense is their weakest link and they can't keep a clean sheet. Swansea will look to set pieces. Which they are extremely dangerous at. I just think Swansea have been more consistent and Kotara might of played their GF last week to get there

Lofty
08-09-2019, 04:16 PM
Thirds: Kotara 1-0 Dudley
Ressies: mayfield 3-2 Dudley

Nice to see that despite missing out in first grade that both Dudley and mayfield were able to get some first graders a bit of grand final action.

MisplacedPasses
09-09-2019, 11:21 AM

After the Dudley and Mayfield supporters cleared out it was like a ghost town.... All of Swansea's supporters must've been watching the better Swansea team over at Edgeworth and Kotara's must've left to get on the piss with their 3rd grade guys. I wouldn't want to stand in the sun all day waiting for 1st grade to lose either ;)

Lofty
09-09-2019, 12:08 PM
After the Dudley and Mayfield supporters cleared out it was like a ghost town.... All of Swansea's supporters must've been watching the better Swansea team over at Edgeworth and Kotara's must've left to get on the piss with their 3rd grade guys. I wouldn't want to stand in the sun all day waiting for 1st grade to lose either ;)

They must have gotten bored of being in the grand final. It was never going to be a game that would attract neutrals.

HonkingDonkey
09-09-2019, 02:01 PM
They must have gotten bored of being in the grand final. It was never going to be a game that would attract neutrals.

It was never going to be a game that would attract anyone, I thought everyone was well aware of that.
I did Check the scoreline last night and thought it was generous for Kotara (I was expecting swansea to put 5 or so on them).

ForeverRed
09-09-2019, 02:31 PM
Who won and what was score

Lofty
09-09-2019, 04:05 PM
Who won and what was score

Panthers 54-10 Knights

ForeverRed
09-09-2019, 06:26 PM
Panthers 54-10 Knights
Some Poor goal keeping going by the score line

holding_midfield
09-09-2019, 08:44 PM
Congrats swansea, well deserved.
Also, Rumours of Some ripper early end of season 2020 deals locked in for the green tigers, sometime beletween the semi and gf apparrently

PlasticFan
09-09-2019, 08:54 PM
Congrats swansea, well deserved.
Also, Rumours of Some ripper early end of season 2020 deals locked in for the green tigers, sometime beletween the semi and gf apparrently

Wow, imagine not winning a minor premiership or a grand final for two straight years and STILL having the balls to throw shade on here.

holding_midfield
09-09-2019, 09:24 PM
Sorry, forgot to say congrats to Mayfield on the Minor premiership for two thousand and whatever. In other news, imagine being too much of a coward to shake hands after the final whistle then trying to start in the carpark while holding your toddler bahaha

PlasticFan
10-09-2019, 11:07 AM
Sorry, forgot to say congrats to Mayfield on the Minor premiership for two thousand and whatever. In other news, imagine being too much of a coward to shake hands after the final whistle then trying to start in the carpark while holding your toddler bahaha

Jesus, can’t condone that type of attitude around a child. I did see the push and shove after the whistle but nothing in the car park.

Interesting though that Kotara seem to have an issue handling their grog though, first dropping C Bombs against Warners Bay and now posting insults on their mad Monday. Maybe it’s time to look into each clubs regarding this type of culture, royal commission needed?

TheBean
10-09-2019, 11:36 AM
ive whinged about suns being grubs as much as the next bloke on here - but maybe they havent been the problem all along.
Dudley and Mayfield both having car park incidents after their semi finals, one with a woman getting hurt and one with a toddler involved? Doesnt reflect well on the thistles or tigers.

moving on from the pot stirring - which club do we think had the better year:

Swansea: Firsts GF Winners, 3rd (but close to top, and top scorers)
Ressies 3rd
Thirds -

Kotara: Firsts GF runners up, 4th (closer to 5th than 3rd)
Ressies 4th
Thirds GF Winners, 3rd

Mayfield: Firsts Minor Premiers, 1st (on goal difference)
Ressies GF Winners, 2nd
Thirds 2nd

Dudley: Firsts 2nd (on goal difference)
Ressies GF Runner up, convincing 1st
Thirds GF Runner up, convincing 1st

Suns: Firsts -
Ressies -
Thirds - 4th

Just based on teams that made the finals in any capacity. From that a pretty good mix of success across the comp. I think best achiever probably Swansea- winning the GF in firsts is the big goal in Australia, like it or not. Then I'd pick Mayfield over Kotara, just because Kotara not winning the GF means semi final win means nothing other than bragging rights over mayfield (which im sure they enjoy) - and a ressies GF win is better than a thirds win.

Mayfield getting minor premiers again is a big achievement, and their ressies and thirds running 2nd with a GF wins puts them just behind Swansea for me as having the best year.

Dudley hugely unlucky yet again - 1st grade missing out on a minor premiership by a couple of goals, ressies and thirds dominating the comp - i think if anyone had asked before finals started, they were looking very strong but noone has copped a worse few weeks than them.

Suns wont be happy with how their year went.

Thoughts?

Alton
10-09-2019, 01:40 PM
The biggest issue facing ZPL is it is becoming a 4 or 5 team comp every year, the rest make up the numbers

ForeverRed
10-09-2019, 04:52 PM
The biggest issue facing ZPL is it is becoming a 4 or 5 team comp every year, the rest make up the numbers
This happens pretty much all over the world, can’t see it being an issue, clubs should step up or move on

Dontknowmuch
10-09-2019, 06:14 PM
This happens pretty much all over the world, canÂ’t see it being an issue, clubs should step up or move on

Aren't the superstars of local football coming into ZPL next season.

PlasticFan
10-09-2019, 06:46 PM
I’m hoping Azzuri have a stellar squad, would be great to have extra competition in the league. Then we can finally get rid of the Raymond Terrace flogs who hurt my feelings earlier this year with their cyber bullying

footballfan
10-09-2019, 08:21 PM
Well the Cardiff First Grade Coach certainly made himself look/sound like a f....ing goose on Optus Sports top tier towns!!

Alton
11-09-2019, 01:34 PM
Well the Cardiff First Grade Coach certainly made himself look/sound like a f....ing goose on Optus Sports top tier towns!!
Now there is the problem !!

MisplacedPasses
11-09-2019, 04:36 PM
Any early transfer rumours floating about? Surely noone good is going to cardiff after seeing that.

Ruud Van Nistelrooys Chin
12-09-2019, 07:47 AM
Any early transfer rumours floating about? Surely noone good is going to cardiff after seeing that.

Hopefully the Gypos don’t see that and use it for propaganda purposes. They already say that we are bogans....

evolution
12-09-2019, 09:36 AM
Hopefully the Gypos don’t see that and use it for propaganda purposes. They already say that we are bogans....

I wouldn't be too worried. In 15 years their tiny little brains haven't been able to come up with anything better than "jest", "scum" or "bogans". :yawn:

As if they can afford Optus Sport on their Centrelink payments anyway.

The Hacker
21-09-2019, 03:01 PM
Has there been any coaching changes across the league

onlooker
22-09-2019, 09:18 AM
Has there been any coaching changes across the league

Raymond Terrace have made a coaching change with this seasons coach stepping away to follow other opportunities, we have promoted from within and at our presentation last night announced that this seasons Res coach Nima Nikfarjam will be taking over the helm and he will guide us into the 2020 ZPL season.

Alton
23-09-2019, 01:22 PM
Raymond Terrace have made a coaching change with this seasons coach stepping away to follow other opportunities, we have promoted from within and at our presentation last night announced that this seasons Res coach Nima Nikfarjam will be taking over the helm and he will guide us into the 2020 ZPL season.

Is the same guy going around at Cardiff?

Sun_of_a_Grub
08-10-2019, 02:08 PM
Anyone know when the below are starting preseason?

Mayfield
Kotara
Azzuri

The Hacker
28-10-2019, 11:08 PM
Any player or coaching movement in ZPL

prawnhead
29-10-2019, 12:54 PM

Davo not coaching Dudley I heard.

Roundball Enthusiast
29-10-2019, 04:36 PM

Probably check out Azzurri's socials to see their player movement.

The Hacker
08-11-2019, 10:03 AM
Davo not coaching Dudley I heard.

Who is taking over there

idontwannaplaywithhowey
21-11-2019, 11:01 AM
New Lambton FC ZL1 are looking to book in some trial games for the 2020 season. Sadly we are not in a position to host, so if any teams wished to play us in a trial match (and host) we would be incredibly interested. Please PM and we will be in touch.