PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Zone Premier League thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

boz-monaut
07-01-2019, 07:57 PM
discussion here

Mitchy
08-01-2019, 02:40 PM
Anyone know the start date for the competition this year?

MisplacedPasses
08-01-2019, 04:06 PM
Great, new thread! I've been waiting to start letting teams know how bad they are.

Swansea - Signed some old bloke apparently. Same old swans, mid table.

Cardiff - I can hear the injury excuses already.

Suns - Rumours of the coach paying players, $1000 players player bonuses (just stories I've heard, hold your fire). Surely suns will be up there again. Has the off season been kind to team Palozzi?

Mayfield - I for one am looking forward to the aerial ping pong game Terrace vs Mayfield is going to offer. Ugly football obviously worked last year wonder if it will this time round? Surely their aging squad will struggle.

Barnsley - I think Barnsley will hack their way into second last place again this year. An interesting stat would be how many broken legs occurred playing against Barnsley last year? Only inspiring thing coming out of their camp is their ability to hurl abuse.

Bero - I'm sure people will be flocking out to Pasadena after last years quality campaign. Maybe this year super coach will realise looking after ya mates and playing yourself doesn't work. Back to ZL1 you go, 50+ goals against and not many for.

Kotara - Those playing at Nesbitt early in the season count your lucky stars, this snake ridden dirt track is by far the worst in the league. Hoping the 'BestCMinTheLeague' actually completes a pass this year albeit in res grade can't see him making firsts after last year.

Dudley - Spend, Spend, Spend, Hype, Hype, Hype and then underachieve. Can't wait to see how red the gaffas face gets again this year.

Warners Bay - Surely the lads down at the bay are all for closing the gender pay gap. Time for them to step out of the shadows of the women's team and perform. With all the training pre xmas I'm tipping a finals birth this year.

Terrace - Just like Jesmond and Barnsley before them, they'll finish bottom half of the table. From what I've heard all they do is run with the wind when at home and kick it long. Teams should do a quick sweep of the ground just to make sure there are no syringes laying around.

pv4
08-01-2019, 05:55 PM
Terrace play with purpose, not possession. And it works for them! Enjoy the trip up there, a tough ground to get points from.

pastor399
08-01-2019, 08:36 PM
Great, new thread! I've been waiting to start letting teams know how bad they are.

Swansea - Signed some old bloke apparently. Same old swans, mid table.

Cardiff - I can hear the injury excuses already.

Suns - Rumours of the coach paying players, $1000 players player bonuses (just stories I've heard, hold your fire). Surely suns will be up there again. Has the off season been kind to team Palozzi?

Mayfield - I for one am looking forward to the aerial ping pong game Terrace vs Mayfield is going to offer. Ugly football obviously worked last year wonder if it will this time round? Surely their aging squad will struggle.

Barnsley - I think Barnsley will hack their way into second last place again this year. An interesting stat would be how many broken legs occurred playing against Barnsley last year? Only inspiring thing coming out of their camp is their ability to hurl abuse.

Bero - I'm sure people will be flocking out to Pasadena after last years quality campaign. Maybe this year super coach will realise looking after ya mates and playing yourself doesn't work. Back to ZL1 you go, 50+ goals against and not many for.

Kotara - Those playing at Nesbitt early in the season count your lucky stars, this snake ridden dirt track is by far the worst in the league. Hoping the 'BestCMinTheLeague' actually completes a pass this year albeit in res grade can't see him making firsts after last year.

Dudley - Spend, Spend, Spend, Hype, Hype, Hype and then underachieve. Can't wait to see how red the gaffas face gets again this year.

Warners Bay - Surely the lads down at the bay are all for closing the gender pay gap. Time for them to step out of the shadows of the women's team and perform. With all the training pre xmas I'm tipping a finals birth this year.

Terrace - Just like Jesmond and Barnsley before them, they'll finish bottom half of the table. From what I've heard all they do is run with the wind when at home and kick it long. Teams should do a quick sweep of the ground just to make sure there are no syringes laying around.

This reads like a transfer request to Azzurri, fine work.

rawr.
11-01-2019, 12:43 PM
Anyone know the start date for the competition this year?

First weekend of April, pretty much standard each year.

The Hacker
13-01-2019, 05:28 PM
First weekend of April, pretty much standard each year.

If that's when it starts then some teams are starting training real early

Roundball Enthusiast
13-01-2019, 06:12 PM

Most start once a week around Mid Jan, have a kick and run to see numbers & general ability of new people, then go to twice a week and more intense training a couple months out.

Cognitio
15-01-2019, 09:35 PM
2018 Table

1. Mayfield - 44
2. Sun - 40
3. Dudley - 39
4. Kotara - 31
5. Swansea -28
6. W. Bay - 21
7. Cardiff - 20
8. Bero - 12
9. Barnsley -11
10.Jesmond -11

Some early pre-season questions for discussion.

1. How will R. Terrace go in they opening season in the ZPL? Barneys first season (2018) saw them come equal last with 11 points. Only surviving thanks to 2017 promotion squad, Jesmond. While Jesmond first year saw them come in 7th. In 2016, Morisset entered the competition and ended up 9th and be relegated as well.

2. Who can crack the currect top 4? 2018, I thought, showed a particular strong top 4 with all Mayfield, Suns, Dudley and Kotara looking like the competitions best team at different points throughout the year. With reason to believe that these 4 teams will remain in the top 4 in some order. Are there any predictions to who might crack this top 4?

Alton
16-01-2019, 01:20 PM
2018 Table

1. Mayfield - 44
2. Sun - 40
3. Dudley - 39
4. Kotara - 31
5. Swansea -28
6. W. Bay - 21
7. Cardiff - 20
8. Bero - 12
9. Barnsley -11
10.Jesmond -11

1. How will R. Terrace go in they opening season in the ZPL? Barneys first season (2018) saw them come equal last with 11 points. Only surviving thanks to 2017 promotion squad, Jesmond. While Jesmond first year saw them come in 7th. In 2016, Morisset entered the competition and ended up 9th and be relegated as well.

2. Who can crack the currect top 4? 2018, I thought, showed a particular strong top 4 with all Mayfield, Suns, Dudley and Kotara looking like the competitions best team at different points throughout the year. With reason to believe that these 4 teams will remain in the top 4 in some order. Are there any predictions to who might crack this top 4?

How will the mighty CCFC go?

MisplacedPasses
16-01-2019, 03:19 PM
How will the mighty CCFC go?

If previous years are anything to go by, no good

The Hacker
16-01-2019, 07:37 PM
2018 Table

1. Mayfield - 44
2. Sun - 40
3. Dudley - 39
4. Kotara - 31
5. Swansea -28
6. W. Bay - 21
7. Cardiff - 20
8. Bero - 12
9. Barnsley -11
10.Jesmond -11

Suns will need to find a new keeper now that theirs is on 'Married at first sight' this year 😂😂

Bulldogs 1962
16-01-2019, 08:38 PM
Barnsley Pre season training officially starts on Tuesday 22nd Jan and cintinues every Tuesday and Thursday after that. Sessions start at 6pm. All returning players and any new players looking to join are great club are invited to come on down and enjoy the year with great bunch of boys and hopefully bring some success after a fighting year last time around.

rawr.
18-01-2019, 05:10 PM

Gotta be match fit for FFA Cup

The Hacker
22-01-2019, 11:12 PM
Guessing nearly all teams back at training I hear Mayfield and Dudley aren't. Let's start the rumors. Anyone heard which clubs have picked up plays and who they might be

EwoodPark
23-01-2019, 08:15 AM
Guessing nearly all teams back at training I hear Mayfield and Dudley aren't. Let's start the rumors. Anyone heard which clubs have picked up plays and who they might be

Mayfield start training Tuesday 29th January 2019 at Thomas Percy Oval Waratah West, be there at 6.15pm for a 6.30pm start. Training will be Tuesday's and Thursday's thereafter.

All interested players are invited to come along

Nou Camp
23-01-2019, 08:45 AM
Newcastle Suns pre season starts 12th of Febuary at Connolly park, Carrington (lot of grass this year)
training will be 6:15 tuesdays and thursdays
all welcome

MisplacedPasses
23-01-2019, 03:11 PM

Heard from a good source Warners Bay are planning to have two different size fields and play on the one that will least suit their opponent. eg; a big field against Suns so those lazy strikers have to waddle a long way around the pitch or small vs Bero we all know their defenders have two left feet and struggle under any pressure!

Swifts
23-01-2019, 04:38 PM
Heard from a good source Warners Bay are planning to have two different size fields and play on the one that will least suit their opponent. eg; a big field against Suns so those lazy strikers have to waddle a long way around the pitch or small vs Bero we all know their defenders have two left feet and struggle under any pressure!

Wouldn't Bero be comfortable with the small pitch considering they play on the Pasadena postage stamp every week?

MisplacedPasses
23-01-2019, 06:32 PM
I was more looking for a way to pay out bero and their ordinary defence. You should get into coaching with that strategic prowess.

The Spy
24-01-2019, 10:06 AM
Warners Bay are battling. Looks like most of the team enjoyed the off-season.

The Hacker
29-01-2019, 09:53 PM
How'd the Suns boys go at the Maso cup

Nou Camp
30-01-2019, 09:06 AM
How'd the Suns boys go at the Maso cup

no different to any other year
most goals conceded and alcohol consumed..

Thisisfootball
30-01-2019, 12:32 PM
When does the draw come out?

Premy
30-01-2019, 12:45 PM
When does the draw come out?

Draft draw has been sent to club representatives.
Draw is to be finalized by 27th of February.

The Hacker
30-01-2019, 05:47 PM
no different to any other year
most goals conceded and alcohol consumed..

This I like

Lofty
31-01-2019, 08:05 AM
This I like

The Sydney & Melbourne NPL boys along with Magic take it a bit more seriously. It's a good community event for us to be involved in and just a good long weekend away piss up with the boys.
The year at Bankstown was extremely handy with Sefton Playhouse literally 2 minute walk from the ground.

The Hacker
31-01-2019, 11:21 AM
The Sydney & Melbourne NPL boys along with Magic take it a bit more seriously. It's a good community event for us to be involved in and just a good long weekend away piss up with the boys.
The year at Bankstown was extremely handy with Sefton Playhouse literally 2 minute walk from the ground.

Sefton great place for pre season team bonding 😂

Goatscheese
04-02-2019, 10:35 PM
Draft draw has been sent to club representatives.
Draw is to be finalized by 27th of February.

That's poor, finalising it less than two weeks before the season starts

Premy
04-02-2019, 11:04 PM
That's poor, finalising it less than two weeks before the season starts

The season does not start until the 6th of April.
That's 5 weeks after the draw has been finalized, this is no different to any other year.

anfield
05-02-2019, 12:47 PM
Any official word when the first round draw for FFA cup takes place?

Premy
05-02-2019, 01:20 PM
Any official word when the first round draw for FFA cup takes place?

Monday 11th apparently

Goatscheese
05-02-2019, 09:48 PM
The season does not start until the 6th of April.
That's 5 weeks after the draw has been finalized, this is no different to any other year.

oops, when I posted that I thought this was the National Premier League Thread. Can't bash Northern now

The Hacker
05-02-2019, 11:46 PM
Hearing rumours that Cardiff are struggling for player numbers and may be considering dropping down divisions. Hope this isn't close to true. Anyone from Cardiff shed some light

MisplacedPasses
06-02-2019, 09:24 AM
Hearing rumours that Cardiff are struggling for player numbers and may be considering dropping down divisions. Hope this isn't close to true. Anyone from Cardiff shed some light

Time to ramp up the recruitment drive over at the Iron Horse!

They luckily avoided relegation a few years back due to another team pulling out, what goes around comes around. One less week being kicked and abused, i'm all for it ;)

ForeverRed
06-02-2019, 07:06 PM

They luckily avoided relegation a few years back due to another team pulling out, what goes around comes around. One less week being kicked and abused, i'm all for it ;)
Toughen up princess

MisplacedPasses
07-02-2019, 01:48 PM
Toughen up princess

Won't need to if cardiff are gone... EAD!

ForeverRed
07-02-2019, 02:28 PM
Won't need to if cardiff are gone... EAD!
Good players avoid getting kicked, you’ll get there one day

MisplacedPasses
07-02-2019, 04:41 PM
Good players avoid getting kicked, you’ll get there one day

Not sure how my talent has any bearing on the actions of another person, explain that to me? Can't wait to hear these words of wisdom.

Jardelsimage
07-02-2019, 06:05 PM

ahh misplacedpissant, good to see you back to your same old shit, throwing out the lines looking for a bite.

The Hacker
07-02-2019, 10:28 PM
ahh misplacedpissant, good to see you back to your same old shit, throwing out the lines looking for a bite.

Jardel how are number at Cardiff looking this year

Premy
08-02-2019, 12:07 AM
Not sure how my talent has any bearing on the actions of another person, explain that to me? Can't wait to hear these words of wisdom.

These are the words I love to hear from Prima Donna's that we're going to be the best prospect in Newcastle since Craig Johnston

Jardelsimage
08-02-2019, 06:06 AM
Jardel how are number at Cardiff looking this year

yes, we have had some issues and are working through them, numbers are down a bit, but sometimes that happens...…..

The Hacker
08-02-2019, 08:10 AM
yes, we have had some issues and are working through them, numbers are down a bit, but sometimes that happens...…..

Confident of getting enough or is there the possibility of dropping down

MisplacedPasses
08-02-2019, 02:23 PM

Hello friend, glad you've finally ventured out of your dooms day shelter to join us. is it really just a line if its true?

These are the words I love to hear from Prima Donna's that we're going to be the best prospect in Newcastle since Craig Johnston

What the **** are you on about?

Premy
08-02-2019, 05:28 PM
What the **** are you on about?
I bet you wear fluro boots.

The Hacker
08-02-2019, 05:29 PM
I bet you wear fluro boots.

And a shoe lace to hold your hair back

Premy
08-02-2019, 05:43 PM
And a shoe lace to hold your hair back

At 14 he trialled for West Ham and played youth for Magic.

Jardelsimage
08-02-2019, 06:49 PM

sorry for calling him a pissant, he must be good...

The Hacker
08-02-2019, 07:03 PM

Bring his boots over we should shine them for a superstar like that

MisplacedPasses
08-02-2019, 07:24 PM

Wears the full kit when trialling at clubs.... who we talking bout lads?

Lofty
09-02-2019, 10:14 AM
I didn’t think 10 year olds were allowed on the forum. Grow up kids.

TheBean
11-02-2019, 04:05 PM
Suns v Dudley in the FFA cup...should be a good friendly pre season hit out

The Hacker
11-02-2019, 07:10 PM
Suns v Dudley in the FFA cup...should be a good friendly pre season hit out

Jesus first up they hate each other. Anyone have the full draw

holding_midfield
11-02-2019, 07:26 PM
Jesus first up they hate each other. Anyone have the full draw

Bero v minmi
Kotara v west lakes
Warners bay v charlestown
Barnsley v dudley zpl3
That's it for zpl teams. Terrace have the bye and cardiff werent in the draw for some reason..

The Hacker
11-02-2019, 08:13 PM
Bero v minmi
Kotara v west lakes
Barnsley v dudley zpl3
That's it for zpl teams. Terrace have the bye and cardiff werent in the draw for some reason..

Jardel what happened with Cardiff?

MisplacedPasses
12-02-2019, 11:11 AM

Channeling Cardiff here.... Few of the boys carrying injuries won’t be back till mid season, some others are stuck with work commitments and throw in Minga's bucks we don't have the numbers for the cup. Gonna focus on the second half of the season when the boys have healed so we will be at full strength and challenging for the title.

The Hacker
12-02-2019, 12:52 PM
Channeling Cardiff here.... Few of the boys carrying injuries won’t be back till mid season, some others are stuck with work commitments and throw in Minga's bucks we don't have the numbers for the cup. Gonna focus on the second half of the season when the boys have healed so we will be at full strength and challenging for the title.

They copped plenty of injuries in a good cup run last year I don't blame them if they want to get off to a strong start

Speedymetric
12-02-2019, 02:49 PM
Bero v minmi
Kotara v west lakes
Barnsley v dudley zpl3

What happened to Mayfield?

mefa1984
12-02-2019, 03:11 PM
What happened to Mayfield?

Mayfield and Swansea also have byes according to the draw.

Jardelsimage
12-02-2019, 04:29 PM

not exactly sure, didn't fill in the paperwork I think.
I only found this out today also.
strange that there are 4 byes in the first round?

Jardelsimage
12-02-2019, 04:32 PM

yeh you picked it, you must be psychic or something like that

or your just a knob who laughs at his own jokes....

evolution
12-02-2019, 04:36 PM
strange that there are 4 byes in the first round?

It's so the number of teams remaining works out when the NewFM/NPL teams come into it down the line

ForeverRed
12-02-2019, 05:04 PM
yeh you picked it, you must be psychic or something like that

or your just a knob who laughs at his own jokes....
I’d say the later

Bremsstrahlung
12-02-2019, 05:51 PM
It's so the number of teams remaining works out when the NewFM/NPL teams come into it down the line

What happened to the good old days when teams got byes into the semi finals :popcorn:

The Hacker
14-02-2019, 09:48 PM
Now that everyone's back at training who have teams picked up player wise any rumours floating around

The Majestic Swan
16-02-2019, 10:12 PM
Year Of The Swan

Beeen
16-02-2019, 10:32 PM
Year of the pig actually

The Hacker
17-02-2019, 06:13 PM
Watched half of the Sund yesterday gee Newy sports was tough on them. That was the boys being nice to each other I've seen 10x worse. They have strengthened with the young kid up front from Lambton I think and if the rumour at the ground that Kale Bradbury from Magic is coming to they will be really really hard to beat

MisplacedPasses
18-02-2019, 08:40 AM
If the rumour at the ground that Kale Bradbury from Magic is coming to they will be really really hard to beat

Another one 'playing for the shirt' no doubt ;)

The Hacker
18-02-2019, 09:10 PM
Tough weekend for Barnsley against Azzurri was it a case of Barnsley were that poor or were Hamilton that good

Sideline
18-02-2019, 09:18 PM
Tough weekend for Barnsley against Azzurri was it a case of Barnsley were that poor or were Hamilton that good

Probs Azzurri were to good haven't they signed all ex npl players
$$$$$$$$$$$$

YerMate
21-02-2019, 02:51 PM
Everyone is a little quiet lately.

Imyourhero
21-02-2019, 04:23 PM
Well, I mean....it's still like 7 weeks until the comp starts...

MisplacedPasses
21-02-2019, 04:37 PM
Loving how Barnsley are now looking for players after their flogging over the weekend lololol

The Hacker
21-02-2019, 09:29 PM
Loving how Barnsley are now looking for players after their flogging over the weekend lololol

Jesus it's a long year if that's the case. This comp is way to strong to be chasing 7 weeks out

The Hacker
23-02-2019, 08:17 PM
Any trial played this weekend

The Spy
24-02-2019, 08:33 PM
Budgewoi vs Warners Bay Salad Dodgers
3-3 Turds
3-2 Seconds
1-4 Firsts

The Hacker
24-02-2019, 08:44 PM
Budgewoi vs Warners Bay Salad Dodgers
3-3 Turds
3-2 Seconds
1-4 Firsts

Good early season result

TheBean
25-02-2019, 01:15 PM
newysports reported that singleton dominated mayfield in a 1-1 draw

Roundball Enthusiast
25-02-2019, 01:20 PM
The Cardiff Gazette reporting that Cardiff is on the hunt for new players and throwing big $ around to get them after being humiliated by the small community club up the hill on the weekend.

Garden Suburb v Cardiff

3rds
3 - 5

Res
6 (or 7) - 3

1st
2 - 1

Alton
25-02-2019, 01:23 PM
The Cardiff Gazette reporting that Cardiff is on the hunt for new players and throwing big $ around to get them after being humiliated by the small community club up the hill on the weekend.

Garden Suburb v Cardiff

3rds
3 - 5

Res
6 (or 7) - 3

1st
2 - 1

CCFC can't be happy with the state of the club ATM surely

Jardelsimage
25-02-2019, 02:44 PM

Garden Suburb v Cardiff

3rds
3 - 5

Res
6 (or 7) - 3

1st
2 - 1

No humiliation here, after how we looked 3 weeks ago, not a bad result in the end.(haven't beaten the them in pre season since 2015 I think) so no biggy.
Reggies blew out in the end, so what, it was what we expected to some point.

As for big $, yes we have offered one or two incentive, rego paid to come across(real big $$ there), but that's minor $$ to what I hear other clubs are dishing out and in the end we have always paid a few rego's of blokes, so new news there Mr Enthusiast, only Fake News.

Jardelsimage
25-02-2019, 02:48 PM
CCFC can't be happy with the state of the club ATM surely

As for you Mr Alton, quite happy as I said earlier, 3 weeks ago, we were as they say gone.....
5 weeks until the comp starts plenty of time....Rebuild one step at a time...

cheers thanks for your time.

Premy
25-02-2019, 02:52 PM
Cheers for the hit out Jardel, solid games across all three grades.

Roundball Enthusiast
25-02-2019, 03:02 PM
No humiliation here, after how we looked 3 weeks ago, not a bad result in the end.(haven't beaten the them in pre season since 2015 I think) so no biggy.
Reggies blew out in the end, so what, it was what we expected to some point.

As for big $, yes we have offered one or two incentive, rego paid to come across(real big $$ there), but that's minor $$ to what I hear other clubs are dishing out and in the end we have always paid a few rego's of blokes, so new news there Mr Enthusiast, only Fake News.

Damn, coming in with the FACTS. Puts my fake news to shame.

Didn't see the games, just wanted to rustle some feathers from some of the previous comments.
You guys will be fine, always seem to pull through in the end. Good luck for the season!

Jardelsimage
25-02-2019, 05:35 PM
Damn, coming in with the FACTS. Puts my fake news to shame.

Didn't see the games, just wanted to rustle some feathers from some of the previous comments.
You guys will be fine, always seem to pull through in the end. Good luck for the season!

Cheers, at this stage happy to be competitive which we should be.

Alton
26-02-2019, 12:47 PM
Cheers, at this stage happy to be competitive which we should be.

What a beautiful ending !!

YerMate
27-02-2019, 09:44 AM
What's frustrating is you can't find fields to have trials on and speeds point is a joke for cost. It's seems its priced to suit the jets and if you want to pay overs you must have rocks in your head. 😤😤😤

HonkingDonkey
28-02-2019, 12:48 PM
Whats the cost for playing or training @ LMRFF?

Any exciting trial games this weekend?

MisplacedPasses
28-02-2019, 01:40 PM
Whats the cost for playing or training @ LMFFC?

Think I read somewhere Barnsley are playing Westy? double digits I reckon!

Bon
28-02-2019, 01:44 PM
Whats the cost for playing or training @ LMFFC?

Welcome to the foz, Tomi Juric..
Hope you find a club soon, mate..

Imyourhero
28-02-2019, 02:31 PM
Heard Beresfield playing Thornton Sunday

The Hacker
28-02-2019, 03:46 PM
Dudley have Singo tonight I think

HonkingDonkey
01-03-2019, 09:32 AM
Think I read somewhere Barnsley are playing Westy? double digits I reckon!

Come one now, Westy are not that bad.
Heading over to fortress Barnsley would be good for them, they can exfoliate and come out refreshed after playing on the gravel pitch...

Bero vs Thornton, I wonder if old mate will make the front page of newy sport standing over another kid.

Dudley vs Singo, could actually be worth dropping in and watching.

Football lover
05-03-2019, 11:05 AM
Come one now, Westy are not that bad.
Heading over to fortress Barnsley would be good for them, they can exfoliate and come out refreshed after playing on the gravel pitch...

Bero vs Thornton, I wonder if old mate will make the front page of newy sport standing over another kid.

Dudley vs Singo, could actually be worth dropping in and watching.

4-1 Westy against barnsley on the weekend why are those teams playing eachother for? Pretty decent crowd for a trial game.

Also seen at the game Wallsend fella player for barnsley tall fella played at the back ? They recruiting some players barnsley?

pastor399
05-03-2019, 11:51 AM
4-1 Westy against barnsley on the weekend why are those teams playing eachother for? Pretty decent crowd for a trial game.

Also seen at the game Wallsend fella player for barnsley tall fella played at the back ? They recruiting some players barnsley?

One could assume they would be chasing some new faces, since Minimi's squad has a heavy influence of recent Barnsley players.

Football lover
05-03-2019, 12:41 PM
One could assume they would be chasing some new faces, since Minimi's squad has a heavy influence of recent Barnsley players.

Yeh right so that was what the game against Westy was for? Yeh I seen on Minnie Facebook page a few X barnsley players

MisplacedPasses
06-03-2019, 02:04 PM
Any other trial results over the weekend? warners bay bent wallsend over and fisted them 7:0

salmon
06-03-2019, 02:18 PM
Any other trial results over the weekend? warners bay bent wallsend over and fisted them 7:0

Wallsend NewFM or Wallsend ZL1?

dan
06-03-2019, 03:00 PM
Zone League One Wallsend, a heap of us were in Bali for a teammates wedding.

WFC_ZL
06-03-2019, 03:04 PM

We were missing a lot of players that day. I think there were only 23 or so available. 2 of the starting 11 for 1st grade were regular 1st Graders.

MisplacedPasses
06-03-2019, 03:09 PM
We were missing a lot of players that day. I think there were only 23 or so available. 2 of the starting 11 for 1st grade were regular 1st Graders.

Asked for results not excuses

The Hacker
08-03-2019, 07:50 PM
Any trials on this weekend

FatKeeper
12-03-2019, 03:37 PM
Any trials on this weekend
Suns vs westlakes
3rds 1-2
Res 5-2
1st 3-4

The Hacker
12-03-2019, 05:17 PM
Suns vs westlakes
3rds 1-2
Res 5-2
1st 3-4

Now the pretend games are out of the way the pure hatred between Suns and Dudley can start back up again. It's probably one of the fiercest rivalries in Newcastle soccer and never fails to deliver

Lofty
13-03-2019, 08:11 AM
Now the pretend games are out of the way the pure hatred between Suns and Dudley can start back up again. It's probably one of the fiercest rivalries in Newcastle soccer and never fails to deliver

Should be a cracking game over at Magic Park 2:30 Sunday!

The Hacker
13-03-2019, 08:43 AM
Should be a cracking game over at Magic Park 2:30 Sunday!

Always a cracking game will be interesting how they are both tracking early. Suns usually slow out of the gates early in the season then come home like a freight train

Lofty
13-03-2019, 12:35 PM
Always a cracking game will be interesting how they are both tracking early. Suns usually slow out of the gates early in the season then come home like a freight train

Very true, always has been the case. I'm sure both teams will be very far from their best but that won't take away from the contest. End of season is where it matters. Nobody cares how well you do in the early round or how many balloons you buy for you minor premiership.

EwoodPark
13-03-2019, 02:00 PM
how many balloons you buy for you minor premiership.

Wow what a wanker you are.... Ever heard of celebrating success?

The Hacker
13-03-2019, 03:07 PM

Shots fired. Love it

Antman
13-03-2019, 07:07 PM
Haha, guess that 'end of season where it counts.' For the past few seasons has been reason enough for balloons.

HonkingDonkey
14-03-2019, 07:38 AM
how many balloons you buy for you minor premiership.

Unfortunately, we have a system that celebrates mediocrity where the best team over 20 to 25 games can be valued less than a team that finishes 4th out of 10.
why? because Finals... Enjoy your ballons and your Minor Premiership because in 3 weeks a team that won just over half of their games will be lifting a trophy and called the Premiers.

onlooker
14-03-2019, 08:34 AM
Unfortunately, we have a system that celebrates mediocrity where the best team over 20 to 25 games can be valued less than a team that finishes 4th out of 10.
why? because Finals... Enjoy your ballons and your Minor Premiership because in 3 weeks a team that won just over half of their games will be lifting a trophy and called the Premiers.

In actual fact that is no longer correct. What was once called minor premiers is now rightly called premiers and what once was called major premiers is now called grand final winners. That’s what all the shiny dust collectors say now when presented with them. It took many of years but they now see winning the comp as more important the winning a grand final. Grand finals are like the icing on a cake may be A great part but not the most important.

EwoodPark
14-03-2019, 09:39 AM

Bingo... Well said

In saying that it takes nothing away from winning a GF, still a great effort, and something everyone wants to win.

Negative Police
15-03-2019, 12:06 AM
Gf winners used to be called Champions. Must have changed.

WINNERS’ MEDALLIONS AND AWARDS
Each Team winning a Zone Association Competition or being a Runner-Up in a Zone Association
Competition may receive the following:-
(a) ALL COMPETITIONS (EXCEPT 35 & over, 45 & over) – Winners: Premiers
A set of eighteen (18) Gold Medallions.
(b) ALL COMPETITIONS (EXCEPT 35 & over, 45 & over) – Winners: Grand Finals
A set of eighteen (18) Silver Medallions.
(c) ALL COMPETITIONS (EXCEPT 35 & over, 45 & over) – Runners-Up: Grand Finals
A set of eighteen (18) Bronze Medallions.

Looks like the Premiers are the champs

Lofty
15-03-2019, 12:48 PM
The suns have been in the last 3 grand finals, winning two and losing one. The one year loss was a dominant minor premier season which was quickly forgotten when a mediocre Beresfield team won the big dance. That’s what people always seem to remember.
The balloons comment was a bit of banter, sorry to offend everyone. I’m good mates with plenty of the mayfield boys, everyone needs to chill.

MisplacedPasses
15-03-2019, 12:52 PM
The suns have been in the last 3 grand finals, winning two and losing one. The one year loss was a dominant minor premier season which was quickly forgotten when a mediocre Beresfield team won the big dance. That’s what people always seem to remember.
The balloons comment was a bit of banter, sorry to offend everyone. I’m good mates with plenty of the mayfield boys, everyone needs to chill.

Who needs balloons when you can go back to the club a kick of a traditional Kopačka dance hey

The Hacker
15-03-2019, 03:23 PM

Spot on people quickly forget the full season but we all remember who wins the big dance

Mitchy
15-03-2019, 03:32 PM
Mediocre :wanker:

The Hacker
15-03-2019, 08:52 PM

This is also true it was a pretty solid Bero side across the park. I think Lofty needs to be a bit more Fair in the judgement

Lofty
16-03-2019, 08:23 AM

Well definitely not compared to the current squad. More to the point was that I don’t think they were the best team that season.

The Hacker
19-03-2019, 04:28 PM
Any word on when some FFA cup games are being played

FatKeeper
19-03-2019, 04:58 PM
Any word on when some FFA cup games are being played Suns Vs Dudley Wednesday 20th 8:15 kickoff Speers point complex

Roundball Enthusiast
20-03-2019, 10:06 AM
Disgrace that Kotara forfeits the first round of the FFA Cup.

How can you not field a team of 11-14 players 2-3(?) weeks out from the beginning of the competition.

MisplacedPasses
20-03-2019, 11:16 AM
Disgrace that Kotara forfeits the first round of the FFA Cup.

How can you not field a team of 11-14 players 2-3(?) weeks out from the beginning of the competition.

The ZL1 forum says they couldn't agree on a date due to Kotara having trials and their season launch booked in. Guess they wouldn't want to put a dampener on that after losing to west lakes.

IMO if you enter the comp and you forfeit there should be a fine.

Weak as piss from the toothless tigers.

The Hacker
20-03-2019, 12:25 PM
The ZL1 forum says they couldn't agree on a date due to Kotara having trials and their season launch booked in. Guess they wouldn't want to put a dampener on that after losing to west lakes.

IMO if you enter the comp and you forfeit there should be a fine.

Weak as piss from the toothless tigers.

Agree they should be made to play of fined. It makes the comp a joke when they forfeit so they can still piss up.

TXK
20-03-2019, 02:36 PM
Agree they should be made to play of fined. It makes the comp a joke when they forfeit so they can still piss up.

Agreed. Also surely FFA Cup takes precedence over any "locked in trials".

evolution
20-03-2019, 02:47 PM
Agreed. Also surely FFA Cup takes precedence over any "locked in trials".

My thoughts exactly, what could be a better trial than a competitive fixture in a national competition?

The Hacker
20-03-2019, 03:49 PM
My thoughts exactly, what could be a better trial than a competitive fixture in a national competition?

They are playing Uni in a trial for god sake they are ZL2 surely the federation can force them to play to avoid this.

TXK
20-03-2019, 03:51 PM

NNSWF had to give several teams the bye in order to even out the draw. Maybe next year the clubs that have forfeited could be prohibited from entering as a sanction? Would eliminate some byes in the process.

The Hacker
20-03-2019, 04:40 PM
NNSWF had to give several teams the bye in order to even out the draw. Maybe next year the clubs that have forfeited could be prohibited from entering as a sanction? Would eliminate some byes in the process.

That's no punishment they were happy to pull out this year so missing next year is nothing

Gary
20-03-2019, 05:40 PM
FFA Cup.

10. Forfeited Matches
A forfeit will include, but not be limited to a Club being unable or unwilling to:
a. participate in a Match within 15 minutes after the scheduled kick off time due to any act or omission of the Club; or
b. continue to participate in a Match (including because it cannot place the required number of Players on the field
due to Offences or injury),
but will exclude any inability to participate due to a Force Majeure Event.
In the event a Club forfeits a scheduled FFA Cup Match:
a. prior to kick off, the opposing Club will be deemed to have won the Match by a score of 3 goals to 0; or
b. after the Match has commenced, the opposing Club will be deemed to have won the match by a score of 3 goals
to 0, or the actual goal difference at the time of forfeit, whichever is the greater.
A Club that forfeits a Match will be deemed to be in breach of these Regulations and may also be subject to additional sanctions by NNSWF including potential financial compensation of NNSWF and/or the opposing Club.

holding_midfield
20-03-2019, 08:10 PM
Didnt realise there were so many wild cats on here 🤔

HonkingDonkey
21-03-2019, 07:38 AM
When you get to play against such as prestigious opponent like Newcastle Uni ZL2 ... you dont pass those kind of opportunities up.

You guys are all just jealous, wishing it was you getting to play. Sorry guys the games locked in you all miss out on the chance.

CrazyZigga
21-03-2019, 07:54 AM
Not that is actually concerns anyone who has posted here, however the decision to forfeit the cup fixture was taken after discussion with both Westlakes and NNSW.
While it is unfortunate, members of the comittee agreed it was the best option for the club as a whole to proceed with our trials vs Uni (ZL1 FYI) this weekend.

Coaches spend months planning preseason, shift workers have to alter rosters to play trials, and committees/sponsors spend time organising club functions, all to hopefully havs a successful season.
It is ridiculous to think that all these things can be changed at the drop of a hat so close to the comp starting. Our decision sees 40 odd blokes playing 3 grades in their last hitout before the season, an opportunity that would be lost if we had to play the cup fixture.
Westlakes also have a trial this weekend, and they were also trying to swing things to avoid having to cancel it. Our preference was to play midweek, ideally tonight, but as we cannot host and NNSW decided Westlakes would therefore host, we had no option after Westlakes said they could not host until this weekend.

It's unfortunate that this was the decision we took, but now both clubs will be playing 6 games of football instead of potentially just one. Neither side is without a game, good luck to Westlakes in the next round.

If anyone else feels like the decision has affected them and wishes to discuss it further, please give me a call on 0421667431 and I'll be happy to allay any fears you have about the way we came to the decision, or the way we run our club.

holding_midfield
21-03-2019, 10:01 AM
Not that is actually concerns anyone who has posted here, however the decision to forfeit the cup fixture was taken after discussion with both Westlakes and NNSW.
While it is unfortunate, members of the comittee agreed it was the best option for the club as a whole to proceed with our trials vs Uni (ZL1 FYI) this weekend.

Coaches spend months planning preseason, shift workers have to alter rosters to play trials, and committees/sponsors spend time organising club functions, all to hopefully havs a successful season.
It is ridiculous to think that all these things can be changed at the drop of a hat so close to the comp starting. Our decision sees 40 odd blokes playing 3 grades in their last hitout before the season, an opportunity that would be lost if we had to play the cup fixture.
Westlakes also have a trial this weekend, and they were also trying to swing things to avoid having to cancel it. Our preference was to play midweek, ideally tonight, but as we cannot host and NNSW decided Westlakes would therefore host, we had no option after Westlakes said they could not host until this weekend.

It's unfortunate that this was the decision we took, but now both clubs will be playing 6 games of football instead of potentially just one. Neither side is without a game, good luck to Westlakes in the next round.

If anyone else feels like the decision has affected them and wishes to discuss it further, please give me a call on 0421667431 and I'll be happy to allay any fears you have about the way we came to the decision, or the way we run our club.

Meh too much common sense here.

Back over to the rabble:

la bazzle
21-03-2019, 10:07 AM
At the risk of sounding ignorant and not trying to have a go - but could you not still have ressies and thirds play the trial and keep the FFA cup game for firsts? So 40 blokes still get a hit out?

la bazzle
21-03-2019, 10:09 AM
At the risk of sounding ignorant and not trying to have a go - but could you not still have ressies and thirds play the trial and keep the FFA cup game for firsts? So 40 blokes still get a hit out?

Maybe Uni won't want to do that :rof: soz answered my own question

Bon
21-03-2019, 10:12 AM
Maybe Uni won't want to do that :rof: soz answered my own question

Haha.. jeez, thought it was the Disc Golf thread for a sec, where it's just Grim talking to himself..

MisplacedPasses
21-03-2019, 12:41 PM

You've entered the competition I'm thinking the club needs to show a bit of commitment to it. Plenty of ways around it IMO.

Play 3 grades against Westlakes on Saturday and 1st grade doubles as the FFA Cup.

Not that it's your responsibility but would it not be reasonable to help organise to have both Uni and whoever Westlakes were playing play each other?

Meh too much common sense here.

Back over to the rabble:

Meh too much common sense here...

Anyways onto some decent clubs.... The kids and I decided we'd hang around Speers Point and watch the FFA cup games

That score definitely wasn't a true indication of the game IMO. Dudley should have scored more! Good lord suns were ordinary with some next level shitty goal keeping on display (at both ends).

Alton
21-03-2019, 12:51 PM

What a disgrace to forfeit, they should have the book thrown at them, blatant disregard for our game.

holding_midfield
21-03-2019, 02:11 PM
What a disgrace to forfeit, they should have the book thrown at them, blatant disregard for our game.

cry me a river 😂

The Hacker
21-03-2019, 03:48 PM
You've entered the competition I'm thinking the club needs to show a bit of commitment to it. Plenty of ways around it IMO.

Play 3 grades against Westlakes on Saturday and 1st grade doubles as the FFA Cup.

Not that it's your responsibility but would it not be reasonable to help organise to have both Uni and whoever Westlakes were playing play each other?

Meh too much common sense here...

Anyways onto some decent clubs.... The kids and I decided we'd hang around Speers Point and watch the FFA cup games

That score definitely wasn't a true indication of the game IMO. Dudley should have scored more! Good lord suns were ordinary with some next level shitty goal keeping on display (at both ends).

Suns dominated the first 20min and was like they ran out of legs. The crude tackle in the second half from the Suns player was red card all day not sure why he protested.
It's handy at the complex watching 2 games at once. Azzuri got out of jail against Garden Suburbs their fans definitely add some interest to the game. Azzuri would be really competitive in ZPL that's for sure

Roundball Enthusiast
22-03-2019, 03:57 PM
Suns dominated the first 20min and was like they ran out of legs. The crude tackle in the second half from the Suns player was red card all day not sure why he protested.
It's handy at the complex watching 2 games at once. Azzuri got out of jail against Garden Suburbs their fans definitely add some interest to the game. Azzuri would be really competitive in ZPL that's for sure

What was the score, for those not in the know.

Buddha
22-03-2019, 05:38 PM
What was the score, for those not in the know.

5-1

dsiverio
24-03-2019, 10:06 AM
Heard Suns are looking for a coach? Players walking off the field in friendlies like last season before there coach got sacked?

The Spy
24-03-2019, 08:33 PM
FFA Cup
Warners Bay 5 def Charlestown JFC 0

Kicktheball
27-03-2019, 01:29 PM
The mighty Raymond Terrace will win this Competition. Very confident

MisplacedPasses
27-03-2019, 03:33 PM

They've struggled to get out of ZL1 for years..... mid table at best.

The Hacker
27-03-2019, 04:27 PM

I want some of what he's got cause it must be good to come at that conclusion. First 4 weeks will be an indicator with Dudley, Kotara and Mayfield

Passtheballmate
28-03-2019, 07:34 AM

3rd,2nd and 1st with 3 GF Wins in the 3 years they were in ZL1. Yep really struggled.
ZPL is a new challenge for them that i am sure they are up for. They dont play the prettiest football but it works and Mayfield proved last year that you dont need pretty football to win the comp in ZPL.

evolution
28-03-2019, 08:01 AM
Anyone else catch that the Cardiff vs Swansea round 2 game is being filmed by Optus Sport for a doco they are doing?

HonkingDonkey
28-03-2019, 09:28 AM
3rd,2nd and 1st with 3 GF Wins in the 3 years they were in ZL1. Yep really struggled.
ZPL is a new challenge for them that i am sure they are up for. They dont play the prettiest football but it works and Mayfield proved last year that you dont need pretty football to win the comp in ZPL.

They will be lucky to finish in the top half of the table.
Happens every time, ZL1 team gets promoted thinking they are hot stuff and get a reality check, struggle the next season and drop back down within a season or 2.

FatKeeper
28-03-2019, 09:58 AM
Table predictions for the season ahead ?

1.Suns
2.Dudley
3.Swansea
4.Mayfield
5.Cardif
6.Kotara
7.Terrace
8.Barnsley
9.Bay
10.Bero

The Anvil
28-03-2019, 10:24 AM
Happens every time, ZL1 team gets promoted thinking they are hot stuff and get a reality check, struggle the next season and drop back down within a season or 2.

I agree with they will be lucky to finish in top half of table. But they will be far from disgraced and i assume they will be very competitive.

Not sure about the comments regarding "ZL1" teams come up and struggle. I have been involved the Zone league (and the old interdistrict) days for over a decade.
With the Exception of Dudley who essentially come down into zone leagues from 2nd division. the other 8 clubs have all had their ups and downs over the years. turnover of players and how some clubs are run can cause issues. I know us at Kotara come 5th in ZL1 then got promoted and ran 5th in first year of ZPL when everyone as well as us thought we were going to be the whipping boys. Albeit we had some good juniors come through. so we should be right for a few years. There is some aging clubs out there where the glory days are well behind them...

MisplacedPasses
28-03-2019, 11:09 AM

Just like Jesmond and Barnsley. I've heard their preseason results haven't been great (not that i'm in the know of all of their games). All those super star signings from Bero paying dividends!

Table predictions for the season ahead ?

1.Suns
2.Dudley
3.Swansea
4.Mayfield
5.Cardif
6.Kotara
7.Terrace
8.Barnsley
9.Bay
10.Bero

1. Dudley - Finally all those house extensions and cars they've been buying for people will pay off.
2. Swansea
3. Kotara
4. Mayfield
5. Bay
6. Suns
7. Terrace
8. Bero
9. Barnsley
10. Cardiff - Sad to see my favourite club all the way down here

My opinion on the swans has changed, they'll be a bit of a dark horse this year

Jardelsimage
28-03-2019, 11:27 AM
[QUOTE=MisplacedPasses;221954]Just like Jesmond and Barnsley. I've heard their preseason results haven't been great (not that i'm in the know of all of their games). All those super star signings from Bero paying dividends!

1. Dudley - Finally all those house extensions and cars they've been buying for people will pay off.
2. Swansea
3. Kotara
4. Mayfield
5. Bay
6. Suns
7. Terrace
8. Bero
9. Barnsley

Number 10, geez your getting soft, I predicted you would say something like "fold mid season, due to high injury toll"

underrated
28-03-2019, 11:49 AM
Table Prediction

1. Dudley
2. Suns
3. Kotara
4. Mayfield
5. Swansea
6. Raymond Terrace
7. Cardiff
8. Warners Bay
9. Beresfield
10. Barnsley

The Hacker
28-03-2019, 12:03 PM
Just like Jesmond and Barnsley. I've heard their preseason results haven't been great (not that i'm in the know of all of their games). All those super star signings from Bero paying dividends!

2. Swansea
3. Kotara
4. Mayfield
5. Bay
6. Suns
7. Terrace
8. Bero
9. Barnsley

My opinion on the swans has changed, they'll be a bit of a dark horse this year

I don't think there is a clear contender for 10th every team is a few injuries to their good players away from struggling. Any team can beat the other on their day.
Not sure Dudley are splashing the cash A few Regos maybe

TheBean
28-03-2019, 12:18 PM
season predictions:
1. Dudley - dudleys year finally i reckon, they'll be super up for it after a few years in a row of being bridesmaids
2. Raymond Terrace - ugly blokes playing ugly football in an ugly palace that nobody will want to go to. will be hard to beat, and them vs barnsley will be the best/worst game in history
3. Suns- will start slow and then win from the second half of the season onwards like usual. possibly pick up some random state league superstar halfway through. hopefully get dudley in the semis again
4. Kotara - as long as bestCMintheLeague stays fit, they can continue playing beautiful football and teaching the rest of the league about sportsmanship and winning with class. luckily have no other competitions to focus on due to tactical forfeits
5. Mayfield - inconsistent results this year i reckon, maybe player turnover due to not being able to afford wages after wasting money on minor premiership balloons
6. Swansea - will be in the hunt for top 4 but narrowly miss out
7. Bay - same as mayfield and swansea. decent players
8. barnsley - same review as Terrace, except with no 'hard to beat'
9. Bero - see barnsley
10. Cardiff - i have no idea about cardiff but all i read on here is they have no players, and when they did have players last year they didnt seem to do too well.

HonkingDonkey
28-03-2019, 12:57 PM
Consulted the old Sports Almanac, save your time making predictions this is how it will go.

1. Dudley - Overdue to actually win something, the little engine that could, just never getting to the top of that hill. Win the GF and take out the double.
2. Kotara - Grand Finalists last year pushing the Suns to the limit and beating mayfield... will be top 2 for sure, dont make the GF, outclassed by Dudley.
3. Suns - will have a mixed first half of the season and recover to make the finals in the second half, will lose the GF to Dudley (1-4).
4. WBay - Started early, have been looking like they will make a good run at this year and will sneak in 4th. dont make the GF knocked out by suns.
5. Swansea - Always close never closing the deal.
6. Mayfield - Will lose the games they managed to turn into draws last season.
7. Cardiff - In the big cats league that is ZPL, they will still finish last, but might scrap a 5th or 6th if they jag a few unexpected wins when their injuries heal. ;)
8. Terrace - Will turn up all pumped and excited to be in the big boys league... about 5 weeks in they will have 1 win and maybe a draw and be wishing they could go back to struggling to get promoted in ZL1.
9. Bero - Worst ground in the league, reflected in their football... the only thing saving them from the drop is that they manage to win the dumpster fire games, demotion grand final specialists.
10. Barnsley - Will fight with with Bero in what is sure to be a battle of the titans for last place...

Roundball Enthusiast
28-03-2019, 01:37 PM
From what I've been hearing out of Bero. You'd be hard pressed to see them finishing 10th this year.

traffic light
28-03-2019, 03:54 PM
Anyone else catch that the Cardiff vs Swansea round 2 game is being filmed by Optus Sport for a doco they are doing?

Where is this info?

The Hacker
28-03-2019, 04:19 PM
From what I've been hearing out of Bero. You'd be hard pressed to see them finishing 10th this year.

Bero's preseason results have been solid.
Barnsley have been quiet which has me wondering where they are at.
I'm hearing all isn't harmonious at the Swans. Rumour has it that the new gaffer has the top 18 guys train with him and then reserve grade and 3rds banished to train with All Age. If true I'm taking the Swans to be near last cause morale is gone and explains why the club has lost so many good people to Belswans

Jardelsimage
28-03-2019, 06:49 PM
Where is this info?

its called optus sports top tier teams, there linking clubs in aus with the same name as clubs in EPL and doing a 6-7 min spool.
They just did Tottenham which is on the website.

Premy
28-03-2019, 11:02 PM
I'm hearing all isn't harmonious at the Swans. Rumour has it that the new gaffer has the top 18 guys train with him and then reserve grade and 3rds banished to train with All Age. If true I'm taking the Swans to be near last cause morale is gone and explains why the club has lost so many good people to Belswans

I would be surprised if most squads in this division don't separate into individual grades at times for training. Logistically it is impossible to run certain drills for 30-40 blokes at one time.

I have also heard murmurs about the rebellion to the "new guard" at Swansea. Swansea only just had a massive overhaul 5 or so years ago and arguably that overhaul strengthened them. Will this new overhaul have similar results, I guess we'll wait and see.

Beppe
29-03-2019, 09:26 AM

The quality in this division drops significantly between 1st grade to reserves so to have a competitive first grade squad, you have to take the best x number of players and let them train by themselves so they get the most out of it, doesn't have to be every night but most nights unfortunately. If your not in that top training squad, work to get into it. Swansea will be stronger for this in first grade.

cobra23
29-03-2019, 11:15 AM
season predictions:
1. Dudley - dudleys year finally i reckon, they'll be super up for it after a few years in a row of being bridesmaids
2. Raymond Terrace - ugly blokes playing ugly football in an ugly palace that nobody will want to go to. will be hard to beat, and them vs barnsley will be the best/worst game in history
3. Suns- will start slow and then win from the second half of the season onwards like usual. possibly pick up some random state league superstar halfway through. hopefully get dudley in the semis again
4. Kotara - as long as bestCMintheLeague stays fit, they can continue playing beautiful football and teaching the rest of the league about sportsmanship and winning with class. luckily have no other competitions to focus on due to tactical forfeits
5. Mayfield - inconsistent results this year i reckon, maybe player turnover due to not being able to afford wages after wasting money on minor premiership balloons
6. Swansea - will be in the hunt for top 4 but narrowly miss out
7. Bay - same as mayfield and swansea. decent players
8. barnsley - same review as Terrace, except with no 'hard to beat'
9. Bero - see barnsley
10. Cardiff - i have no idea about cardiff but all i read on here is they have no players, and when they did have players last year they didnt seem to do too well.

Who is this cm your talking about ?

footballfan
31-03-2019, 07:19 AM

So many good people to Belswans?
2 people left..
A coach that never got Swansea into a final series and a goal keeper.
Hardly losing any quality to Belswans.
Definitely upgraded with the New Coach and New Keeper.

Premy
31-03-2019, 09:08 AM
2 people left..
You may be right, but comments like yours about 2 people that only last year you would have called teammates might explain why they wanted to leave.
I mean imagine leaving your leading goal scorer on the bench in a Grand Final because your mate just come back from an injury.

footballfan
31-03-2019, 09:31 AM
You may be right, but comments like yours about 2 people that only last year you would have called teammates might explain why they wanted to leave.
I mean imagine leaving your leading goal scorer on the bench in a Grand Final because your mate just come back from an injury.

I think you'll find the coach decided to leave halfway through last year and had contact with Belswans while still coaching Swansea.

Not really a professional way to go about getting a coaching gig at a rival club.
This doesn't show much respect to his "team mates" by doing this.

The Hacker
31-03-2019, 11:14 AM
2 people left..

The proof will be in the results over this first part of the year in all their grades. If McGuire is fit and interested they could go well

ForeverRed
31-03-2019, 12:55 PM
The proof will be in the results over this first part of the year in all their grades. If McGuire is fit and interested they could go well
Funniest thing I’ve read on here
“if Mcguire is fit”
😂

The Hacker
31-03-2019, 01:59 PM
Funniest thing I’ve read on here
“if Mcguire is fit”
😂

I tried to be serious Forever. He will think he can stand in the Centre circle and trot around and think he will dominate. He should ask Maj, McSoorley etc how easy it is coming back. The comp is strong it ain't as easy as they think coming from NPL it takes a while to adjust

Cognitio
31-03-2019, 09:20 PM
Season 2019 Predictions.

1st. Dudley
Like many others on here I think it is their year. Have been building for a number of years and ended up with nothing. Play a very intense style of football and I’m predicting it’s their turn.

2nd. Suns
A very talented team shown by their successes over the past couple of years. Will always be hard to beat and will be so again this year. I just thing Dudley will have them beat in the end.

3rd. Mayfield.
Last years undefeated M.P.s will still be good enough for top 4. They play a very efficient game which will give them results again. I just think they will not be as good this year.

4th. Swansea.
A new coach and training style will, I think, give them enough of a boost to make top 4. But I think they still won’t t have the consistency and fire power of last years top 3.

5th. I feel a bit harsh leaving them out as they are a good young team. Very quick and dangerous on the counterattack will be effective but I think many teams will have them figured out this year.

6th. W. Bay
Will get the results to be safe but a still lacking in all departments to challenge for top 4.

7th. R. Terrace.
Will play their style of football however I don’t think it will have the same success as ZPL1. Better defences and more organised teams will leave them struggling to get results.

8th. Barnsley.
Potention for relegation, I think they play a tough enough game which will just keep them safe.

9th. Bero.
I could flip a coin between Bero and Cardiff at this point. They should have gone down last year but were saved on the last day. Again they will find it hard going and every point will matter for them.

10th. Cardiff.
The stories out of Cardiff don’t t sound good at all. I suspect they will be in a tight relegation race with Bero. But may just run of of players and steam to remain safe.

Alton
01-04-2019, 01:04 PM
Season 2019 Predictions.

1st. Dudley
Like many others on here I think it is their year. Have been building for a number of years and ended up with nothing. Play a very intense style of football and I’m predicting it’s their turn.

2nd. Suns
A very talented team shown by their successes over the past couple of years. Will always be hard to beat and will be so again this year. I just thing Dudley will have them beat in the end.

3rd. Mayfield.
Last years undefeated M.P.s will still be good enough for top 4. They play a very efficient game which will give them results again. I just think they will not be as good this year.

4th. Swansea.
A new coach and training style will, I think, give them enough of a boost to make top 4. But I think they still won’t t have the consistency and fire power of last years top 3.

5th. I feel a bit harsh leaving them out as they are a good young team. Very quick and dangerous on the counterattack will be effective but I think many teams will have them figured out this year.

6th. W. Bay
Will get the results to be safe but a still lacking in all departments to challenge for top 4.

7th. R. Terrace.
Will play their style of football however I don’t think it will have the same success as ZPL1. Better defences and more organised teams will leave them struggling to get results.

8th. Barnsley.
Potention for relegation, I think they play a tough enough game which will just keep them safe.

9th. Bero.
I could flip a coin between Bero and Cardiff at this point. They should have gone down last year but were saved on the last day. Again they will find it hard going and every point will matter for them.

10th. Cardiff.
The stories out of Cardiff don’t t sound good at all. I suspect they will be in a tight relegation race with Bero. But may just run of of players and steam to remain safe.

How bad are things at CCFC?

ForeverRed
01-04-2019, 05:02 PM
I’ll think you will find that they are fine, just a lack of numbers to start with but its all turned around and they will be competitive to say the least, predicting mid table finish

The Hacker
01-04-2019, 08:05 PM
Unfortunately the rumours are true.....
I have been a player, supporter, committee member and coach at my beloved Swansea, but the this season i will comfortably say i will not being going down to support the once glorious Swansea Swans.
Yes first grade are happy from all reports but will struggle to compete this season. Pre season results have been disappointing, the club culture has nearly completely disappeared and the boys playing in the lower grades are fed up with the actions of both several committee members and senior "Team Mates".
To see the entire coaching staff not return from the past two seasons and to have several top end players walk out on the club during pre season including their 1st grade keeper who bought up 20years service to the club last season(He is only 29 years old) speaks for itself.

But this is not the first time this has happened at swansea, the head coach from several years ago who took swansea to the GF v Bero was told he was surplus to requirement the thursday night at training prior to GF. This club has lost its way.
Swansea has thrown money and resources at several big names in a hope to Bandaid fix this problem and have shit on all the long serving clubman who are the lifeblood of the club.
They have an ageing squad to put it nicely and have no decent juniors coming through to fill the ranks, they have lost several junior players and coaches to NL1 and NPL clubs and are still struggling to fill the age groups of 13 -17.

I predict this team can be competitive but once the retirees start breaking down and cannot stay on the field they will find it hard to replace them as their other grades havent been training against quality opposition instead have been relagated to train with all age and over 35 teams.
R.I.P Swansea
Majestic Out

From someone that has been pro Swansea for ever to hear this from Majestic is not a good sign at all. The Swans always had a good culture with each team watching each other etc. Sounds like the arrival of McGuire has rocked the boat and the first grade isolating the other grades at training isn't what Swansea has been about and after hearing Majestic I'm sticking with Swansea for last

01-04-2019, 08:20 PM
Year of the swan

footballfan
01-04-2019, 08:41 PM
Sounds like the swansea boys are a little salty about both coach and keeper leaving. Both coach and keeper have definitely made decisions based on their own situations and swansea as always is just full of blokes who think they are better than everyone else.
Club is defo on a downward spiral end of last season had 3 accredited coaches a "B" license TD and plenty of culture and juniors.
This season they have no accredited coaches, a bunch of self centered no hopers who are just bleeding the club dry of money and resources and now they have gone out and thrown thousands of dollars at an old geriatric - has been, and think they will win a comp.
He is also being payed as their junior TD and holds no accreditations but swansea is on the rise. Dare say we will hear the famous quote YEAR OF THE SWAN again soon and then watch them haplessly fall short again.
But I guess this club will neva get out of the building phase if they keep shitting on people and dedicated locals.

Who is salty?
The first grade coach "Majestic Swan" left and never got Swansea into any finals (and he decided to do this mid way through last year so this has nothing to do with club culture this year)

The reserve grade coach from last year has family and work commitments so couldn't coach (once again nothing to do with this year's culture) reserve grades assistant coach and Life Member of the club is still helping out, the third grade coach is concentrating on coaching the girls (once again nothing to do with the culture this year)

Then the goal keeper left to sit on the bench for Belswans under 23's and take a over age players spot.
The only salty things are Nuttmeggs and Majestic swan, oh and the mullet running off blackies beach.

Enjoy Belswans Nuttmeggs and Majestic.

dennis1
01-04-2019, 08:56 PM
I hope it is year of the swans

I myself left for personal reasons and I'm not going to elaborate on here why, the new keeper will fit in well and is quality I'm sure, I've got no hard feelings and any comments regarding theve upgraded are not going to bother me

Yes maybe the club's going through a little building phase but majority of the boys are still there and enjoying playing for the club, I'm sure they will be top 4 contenders

It's always hard when you get new coaching staff in and I'm sure they will iron out any kinks along the way.

I think all this needs to be just dropped and try and focus on our love for football, at the end of the day we only play it because we enjoy it and love the game , who the f#$k really cares about a player or coach leaving

dennis1
01-04-2019, 08:58 PM
Yer sorry neither are me, I'm not hiding behind a fake name

footballfan
01-04-2019, 09:09 PM
I hope it is year of the swans

I myself left for personal reasons and I'm not going to elaborate on here why, the new keeper will fit in well and is quality I'm sure, I've got no hard feelings and any comments regarding theve upgraded are not going to bother me

Yes maybe the club's going through a little building phase but majority of the boys are still there and enjoying playing for the club, I'm sure they will be top 4 contenders

It's always hard when you get new coaching staff in and I'm sure they will iron out any kinks along the way.

I think all this needs to be just dropped and try and focus on our love for football, at the end of the day we only play it because we enjoy it and love the game , who the f#$k really cares about a player or coach leaving

Agree, players and coaches always come and go.
It's just the lies and bullshit stories you ready on here that apparently make people a bit Salty Rain.

holding_midfield
01-04-2019, 10:39 PM
Who is this cm your talking about ?

No longer at the club

HonkingDonkey
02-04-2019, 08:02 AM
No longer at the club

Sounds like a void left in the team for someone thats been in a holding roll to step up into.
NextBestCMInTheLeague.

Some people are into kinks...
And by the sounds of it some of the people around swansea feel that Sh!ting on people is something they like to pursue.

Im thinking that what all the swansea boys need is to get a nice little group threapy session going, get past the anger... engauge your sensitive sides, open yourselves up and share your feelings, Cry... hug it out, comfort each other and become better, stronger, galvanised... fall in love again, make each other feel special... OR you know, just play football.

MisplacedPasses
02-04-2019, 11:03 AM
Don't you love it when a club's dirty laundry gets aired in front on everyone, I know I do! I imagine this is what little school girls are like when they are arguing.

So, Swansea signed a new coach and is telling a few of the old boys a few home truths which they're not liking. It sounds like a few of the boys were happy coasting along in firsts and now that they have to work to get their spot back has got them offside, boohoo! have a go or leave.

To be frank, Swansea have never been a super power, bout time they've tried something.

to have several top end players walk out on the club during preseason including their 1st grade keeper who bought up 20years service to the club last season (He is only 29 years old) speaks for itself.

Just because a bloke has been there for 20 years doesn't mean he gets a first grade starting spot.

They have an ageing squad to put it nicely and have no decent juniors coming through to fill the ranks, they have lost several junior players and coaches to NL1 and NPL clubs and are still struggling to fill the age groups of 13 -17.

Good on those juniors/coaches for having the confidence to test themselves in the higher leagues. Thinking all your juniors are going to hang around is a bit naive don't you think? Wake up, you're in the third tier of Newcastle football and I can't see that changing, ever (unless it’s going down).

holding_midfield
02-04-2019, 11:04 AM
Sounds like a void left in the team for someone thats been in a holding roll to step up into.
NextBestCMInTheLeague.

haha unlikely! made the move to the back line a few years ago - too much running up there!

Formely In Shape Allstar
02-04-2019, 03:12 PM
I would like to clear up a few things aswell regarding recent posts about Swansea FC.
I was the head coach for the past 2 seasons at Swansea. Yes I did enter talks with Belswans prior to the end of the season....yes decision was made halfway through the season that I would not coach again at Swansea.
I did what I did for my own reasons.
Yes there was problems at Swansea and I believed that if I continued to coach there it wouldn’t get fixed.
Yes it is good to see a change in staff keeps it fresh and as always wish the club the best in its season.
I will continue to support this club as it is my junior club.
At the end of the day it is just a game and the comments people put on here are not life changing or threatening.
As there has been several posts about me but hey can’t be loved by everyone and if you were then you weren’t doing it right.
Cheers

MisplacedPasses
02-04-2019, 10:46 PM

Raymond Terrace getting abit of a reality check tonight against a half strength Warners Bay side.

Warners Bay 3 v 1 Raymond Terrace

roundballsarebetter
03-04-2019, 05:44 AM
Raymond Terrace getting abit of a reality check tonight against a half strength Warners Bay side.

Mate at works who plays in their lower grades , says Terrace played their reserve grade side

onlooker
03-04-2019, 06:12 AM

Don’t let the score line fool you. Bay scored a decent goal to take a late 1-0 lead into halftime. Terrace then had a goal disallowed for offside a lot of talk saying he wasn’t but, was called so that’s how it goes. Bays second was an own goal that wasn’t going anywhere near going in until the deflection. Terrace then pulled one back with a few minutes left. Went all out in attack as you do when down by 1 and the third was scored on the counterattack. So a two goal win was a bit flattering neither keeper had all that much to do.

Would be interested in knowing how half strength the bay lineup was..

Passtheballmate
03-04-2019, 07:21 AM

You would think with the comp starting this week and being a mid week game that neither side would have been at full strength.

HonkingDonkey
03-04-2019, 07:44 AM
Don’t let the score line fool you. Bay scored a decent goal to take a late 1-0 lead into halftime. Terrace then had a goal disallowed for offside a lot of talk saying he wasn’t but, was called so that’s how it goes. Bays second was an own goal that wasn’t going anywhere near going in until the deflection. Terrace then pulled one back with a few minutes left. Went all out in attack as you do when down by 1 and the third was scored on the counterattack. So a two goal win was a bit flattering neither keeper had all that much to do.

Would be interested in knowing how half strength the bay lineup was..

Classic!

All the talk about how they are going to move up to ZPL and win the league.
Plays a mid table at best team from ZPL and gets pumped 3:1.

Comes back and talks about how goals didnt count and how lucky the other team was and how far off full strength the team was, excuse, excuse, bullshit, excuse.

Plain and simple, you lost the game... by 2 goals... at home... everyone can see the scoreline and thats all that matters, not the what ifs and could have been bullcrap.
You are only fooling yourself...

The only thing that works for Raymond Terrace is that Bero and Bransley will be very weak teams, so Raymond Terrace shouldnt finish last.
18 games, 3-4 wins with maybe a couple of draws... 7th or 8th is realistic... Very confident.

The Hacker
03-04-2019, 08:02 AM
Hearing Dudley 8- 0 Simba. If so not a bad tune up for the game against Mayfield. That's what you want to see from the good sides in this comp the ability to turn it on and pump the teams in lower divisions.
Barnsley beat on pens by Azzurri. Barnsley battled all bar maybe 10min with 10 players after an early send off against a team that would be top 5 in this comp. Good sign for Barnsley

Passtheballmate
03-04-2019, 08:13 AM
Classic!

All the talk about how they are going to move up to ZPL and win the league.

I'm yet to see where anyone from Raymond Terrace has come out and said they will run away with this comp. The comment you are referring to is from kicktheball and is not a part of the Terrace, his predictions are usually well off the mark.

Everyone knows it takes time to build a quality side/club that is competitive in ZPL. I'm sure the boys from the Terrace will compete and give it their best shot in this comp, with everyone writing them off early is just motivation to prove them wrong.

Goodluck to all clubs for the season ahead.

onlooker
03-04-2019, 08:21 AM
I'm yet to see where anyone from Raymond Terrace has come out and said they will run away with this comp. The comment you are referring to is from kicktheball and is not a part of the Terrace, his predictions are usually well off the mark.

Everyone knows it takes time to build a quality side/club that is competitive in ZPL. I'm sure the boys from the Terrace will compete and give it their best shot in this comp, with everyone writing them off early is just motivation to prove them wrong.

Would love to find out who kicktheball is. Obviously a big Terrace fan, would like to invite him to some club functions and thank him for his continued support over the years. Very vocal advocate of the Terrace.

Bon
03-04-2019, 08:22 AM

Well said..

MisplacedPasses
03-04-2019, 09:39 AM
So a two goal win was a bit flattering neither keeper had all that much to do.

Sounds like the Terrace keeper actually had a lot to do. If you're happy with him just picking the ball out of the net then all good :)

Concedes three goals, "didn't have much to do today fellas" lol

onlooker
03-04-2019, 09:58 AM
Sounds like the Terrace keeper actually had a lot to do. If you're happy with him just picking the ball out of the net then all good :)

Concedes three goals, "didn't have much to do today fellas" lol

Being the keeper in question, I didn’t feel I was all that busy. I get what your implying concede 3 goals and not be busy sounds a bit strange. I guess what I ment was neither keeper had to make a lot of saves ( so probably poor choice of words used by myself) They scored 3 goals in 90 mins two tidy finishes and a deflection I couldn’t do much about. Can easily say I’ve been busier in games of football.

EwoodPark
03-04-2019, 10:35 AM
Hearing Dudley 8- 0 Simba. If so not a bad tune up for the game against Mayfield. That's what you want to see from the good sides in this comp the ability to turn it on and pump the teams in lower divisions.

Dudley ran out predominantly a reserve grade side too, was an impressive performance from them and once again proof that they will be very strong across all grades this year.

Ruud Van Nistelrooys Chin
03-04-2019, 03:20 PM
Don't you love it when a club's dirty laundry gets aired in front on everyone, I know I do! I imagine this is what little school girls are like when they are arguing.

So, Swansea signed a new coach and is telling a few of the old boys a few home truths which they're not liking. It sounds like a few of the boys were happy coasting along in firsts and now that they have to work to get their spot back has got them offside, boohoo! have a go or leave.

To be frank, Swansea have never been a super power, bout time they've tried something.

Just because a bloke has been there for 20 years doesn't mean he gets a first grade starting spot.

Good on those juniors/coaches for having the confidence to test themselves in the higher leagues. Thinking all your juniors are going to hang around is a bit naive don't you think? Wake up, you're in the third tier of Newcastle football and I can't see that changing, ever (unless it’s going down).

Nail on the head MisplacedPasses. Sometimes it pays to throw the baby out with the bath water. Nelson Bay have kept some of the same faces for 10+ years just because they were supposedly “good servants to the club”, and look where they are now. ZL2 and in more trouble than a caterpillar skipping. Sometimes the “good servants” need to put the clubs best interests first.

MisplacedPasses
04-04-2019, 08:48 AM
Ventured down to watch Westy vs Mayfield..... Hardly recognized anyone from last year. Have Mayfield done away with the old has beens in favor of a bit of youth?

The Hacker
04-04-2019, 08:53 AM
Ventured down to watch Westy vs Mayfield..... Hardly recognized anyone from last year. Have Mayfield done away with the old has beens in favor of a bit of youth?

What did the score end up and how'd they look

EwoodPark
04-04-2019, 09:05 AM

Geez mate..... Ease up on the old boys they did well last year and probably deserve to retire after the efforts of 2018

EwoodPark
04-04-2019, 09:08 AM
What did the score end up and how'd they look

3-1 Westy

Passtheballmate
04-04-2019, 03:46 PM
Now that pre-season is over let the season begin.
Who is playing who?

Anyone care for weekend predictions?

The Hacker
05-04-2019, 08:47 AM
Ill have a stab at it

Barnsley v Warners Bay - Warners Bay 2-1 they have been training since last year so you won't to hope it's paid off

Mayfield v Dudley - This should be a cracker with both teams going to be at the pointy end of the table. Leaning towards Mayfield just at home but won't be surprised if Dudley win

Terrace v Cardiff - Terrace have been quiet and sounds like the worlds ending at Cardiff. Terrace to win at home but won't be easy

Swansea v Bero- Well we saw Swansea dirty laundry this week. Bero have put together a nice little pre season. I'm taking Bero in an upset

Suns v Kotara - Have the Suns improved since Dudley pumped them in the FFA cup will be the question. Old mate who got sent off will be a huge out for Suns and I think Kotara will be to quick up front so I'll take Kotara

Good luck to all the teams should be a ripping season

Cognitio
05-04-2019, 09:05 AM
Saturday
Swansea 3 vs. Bero 0
Swansea to get their year off to a good start with a comfortable win over Bero.

R. Terrace 2 vs. Cardiff 1
A chance for Terrace to start the year in a positive. These are the games at home where they must win if they are going to be a safe ZPL team.

Mayfield 1 vs. Dudley 3
Last years 1st vs. 3rd. I expect Dudley to make a statement my knocking off last years premieres.

Barnsley 2 vs. W. Bay 2
Completely a guess in this one. Don’t know enough about each team to make a judgement.

Sunday
Suns 3 vs. Kotara 2
Another top 4 clash for last year and expected to be a tight one. Suns quality should see them through.

underrated
05-04-2019, 09:31 AM
Tips For The Weekend

Swansea 4-2 Beresfield - I’m picking Swansea to start the season strong over Beresfield.

Terrace 2-1 Cardiff - Terrace at home will be tough but I wouldn’t be surprised if Cardiff can snatch a point as things have improved there over the past 2 weeks.

Mayfield 1-3 Dudley - I’m expecting Dudley to win comfortably & I have them finishing 1st this season.

Barnsley 2-2 Warners Bay - I expect these 2 teams along with Beresfield to be fighting the relegation battle.

Suns 2-4 Kotara - Kotara to come out the gates flying as Suns have lost some players from last season & player suspended

MisplacedPasses
05-04-2019, 10:33 AM
Swansea 1-2 Bero
Terrace 2-1 Cardiff
Mayfield 0-0 Dudley
Barnsley 1-3 Warners Bay
Suns 0-3 Kotara

FatKeeper
05-04-2019, 12:40 PM
News out at suns is another NPL signing

MisplacedPasses
05-04-2019, 01:09 PM
News out at suns is another NPL signing

Wonder if they've signed a new gk to replace the big fella in goal?

FatKeeper
05-04-2019, 01:22 PM
Wonder if they've signed a new gk to replace the big fella in goal?

Hearing Danny Ireland and a CB one of the existing players mates

The Hacker
05-04-2019, 02:23 PM
Hearing Danny Ireland and a CB one of the existing players mates

CB is what they need that will be handy. If Danny Ireland is between the post Sunday Suns win the comp but I think I'm more likely to see pigs fly

The Spy
05-04-2019, 05:45 PM
Swansea - Spud McGuire with a double
Terrace - ALL of their first grade will be rested since they didn't play FFA Cup
Dudley - Mayf lost too many old heads
Bay - Superfit after training through the off-season
Kotara - Better at the long ball game

Enjoy the season all!

FatKeeper
06-04-2019, 04:27 PM
Mayfield V Dudley
1st 2-0
Res 2-2
3rds 0-3

onlooker
06-04-2019, 04:44 PM
Terrace V Cardiff
3rds 5-1
Res 3-3
1st 2-0

footballfan
06-04-2019, 09:03 PM
Swansea v Beresfield

1st, 6-2
Res, 7-1
3rds, 0-0

Team harmony ✌

Chewyonyaboot
06-04-2019, 09:26 PM
Team harmony ✌

3rds not get the memo?

footballfan
06-04-2019, 09:56 PM
3rds not get the memo?

Hahaha I think so, was a missed penalty so could've been all 3 grades!

Roses
06-04-2019, 11:28 PM
Made the journey to King Park for the Raymond Terrace v. Cardiff game today. Thought the scoreline didn't quite reflect the game.

A blatant penalty towards the end should've made the game 1-1 but Raymond Terrace scored shortly after. Could have been an entirely different game if that call was made, something needs to be done about the officiating at this level because Raymond Terrace clearly had the rub of the green today.

Donk
07-04-2019, 07:05 PM
Barnsley vs Warner's bay
1st 3-2
Res 4-1
3rds 3-7

KSSFC
07-04-2019, 07:22 PM
Suns vs Kotara
1st 1-3
Res 0-1
3rds 0-5

MisplacedPasses
08-04-2019, 10:55 AM
Made the journey to King Park for the Raymond Terrace v. Cardiff game today. Thought the scoreline didn't quite reflect the game.

A blatant penalty towards the end should've made the game 1-1 but Raymond Terrace scored shortly after. Could have been an entirely different game if that call was made, something needs to be done about the officiating at this level because Raymond Terrace clearly had the rub of the green today.

Round 1 and Cardiff are making excuses! Onlooker must've had a very quiet game by his standards!

All those NPL stars suns signed really paid off didn't they?!?!?!

Nou Camp
08-04-2019, 11:03 AM
Round 1 and Cardiff are making excuses! Onlooker must've had a very quiet game by his standards!

They didnt play
still early days for us
we only had 29 players available for the day

MisplacedPasses
08-04-2019, 11:35 AM
They didnt play
still early days for us
we only had 29 players available for the day

Going off other people here but I've been told 2 out of the 3 did play, oops :D

onlooker
08-04-2019, 11:42 AM

I most certainly did have a quiet day, 30 mins of pretending to play as a striker in third grade then 2 solid games on the bench as back up keeper. Other then the 30 mins I probably had a career day.

Nou Camp
08-04-2019, 12:19 PM
Going off other people here but I've been told 2 out of the 3 did play, oops :D

one played still at least 3 to come back
we start crap every season anyways
only 3 points behind first place

Jardelsimage
08-04-2019, 12:58 PM
I most certainly did have a quiet day, 30 mins of pretending to play as a striker in third grade then 2 solid games on the bench as back up keeper. Other then the 30 mins I probably had a career day.

was that you in the pink????

Lofty
08-04-2019, 01:12 PM

I wouldn't take much away from any fixtures after one round. Write everyone off that loses, harp on about player signings as much as you want. But I'd wait for a few games at least before pointing the finger about what has paid off or not.

Not sure what happened around the other grounds over the weekend with drinks breaks, but I thought it was poor from the referees to not have drinks breaks during the Suns/Kotara games. The only one was during the second half of ressies after players begged for it. Rules have been brought in place for player safety and welfare. The temp was 32 degrees at 5pm once the first grade game was finished. Rules are in place that if the temp is above 28 degrees at kick off then one drinks break per half should take place. Referees worried about skin colours not matching shorts, but can't apply proper rules that actually can affect players health.

onlooker
08-04-2019, 01:28 PM
was that you in the pink????

Yeah mate certainly was.

holding_midfield
08-04-2019, 03:35 PM
I wouldn't take much away from any fixtures after one round. Write everyone off that loses, harp on about player signings as much as you want. But I'd wait for a few games at least before pointing the finger about what has paid off or not.

Not sure what happened around the other grounds over the weekend with drinks breaks, but I thought it was poor from the referees to not have drinks breaks during the Suns/Kotara games. The only one was during the second half of ressies after players begged for it. Rules have been brought in place for player safety and welfare. The temp was 32 degrees at 5pm once the first grade game was finished. Rules are in place that if the temp is above 28 degrees at kick off then one drinks break per half should take place. Referees worried about skin colours not matching shorts, but can't apply proper rules that actually can affect players health.

pretty sure Ressies had a break in both halves, could be wrong though. I didn't realise the refs had declined to have them in 1st grade though it doesn't surprise me given some of the other decision making on the day (both ways!)

Lofty
08-04-2019, 04:02 PM
pretty sure Ressies had a break in both halves, could be wrong though. I didn't realise the refs had declined to have them in 1st grade though it doesn't surprise me given some of the other decision making on the day (both ways!)

Ressies definitely only had a break during the second half which was the only one throughout the day. The refereeing was very average. Some crazy decisions and non decisions as you said for both sides which in gets everyone frustrated on both teams. Was the same ref from the FFA Cup game with Dudley with again his non decisions allowing the game to get out of hand when it really shouldn't have that night.

holding_midfield
08-04-2019, 04:28 PM
Ressies definitely only had a break during the second half which was the only one throughout the day. The refereeing was very average. Some crazy decisions and non decisions as you said for both sides which in gets everyone frustrated on both teams. Was the same ref from the FFA Cup game with Dudley with again his non decisions allowing the game to get out of hand when it really shouldn't have that night.

Haha I think we had this same convo on the sideline just before full time!

HonkingDonkey
09-04-2019, 07:30 AM
I wouldn't take much away from any fixtures after one round.

But its still a good time for half the league to reflect on results ;)

The guys at warners Bay must have mixed up the order of the day? Firsts played thirds for the 3-7 and thirds played in the afternoon for the first time.
Jokes aside, I thought an interesting result. Barnsley getting the job done, I had this one in the bag for Warners Bay.

Suns starting slow, gotta wait for the bank transfers to confirm before the new lads will run out. Kotara, solid start.

Raymond Terrance getting the points from Cardiff, a good way to ease into the league without having to play one of the stronger opponents.

Mayfield, just like last season... just keep rolling. I heard this was a good game with mayfield having the lions share of the chances.

Swansea and Bero, I havent heard anything about this game... safe bet swansea were on top for most of it and the scorelines reflect the season I think bero are signed on for.

Boomer
09-04-2019, 09:10 AM

The guys at warners Bay must have mixed up the order of the day? Firsts played thirds for the 3-7 and thirds played in the afternoon for the first time.
Jokes aside, I thought an interesting result. Barnsley getting the job done, I had this one in the bag for Warners Bay.

Suns starting slow, gotta wait for the bank transfers to confirm before the new lads will run out. Kotara, solid start.

Raymond Terrance getting the ponts from Cardiff, a good way to ease into the league without having to play one of the stronger opponents.

Mayfield, just like last season... just keep rolling. I heard this was a good game with mayfield having the lions share of the chances.

Swansea and Bero, I havent heard anything about this game... safe bet swansea were on top for most of it and the scorelines reflect the season I think bero are signed on for.

Bero missing 3 crucial players on the day will be a much different team against Barnsley this weekend missed a penalty also, had their chances but Swansea definitely the better team on the day

MisplacedPasses
09-04-2019, 11:02 AM

C'mon man, everyone over at suns is 'playing for the shirt'. I'm writing them off, They're missing the finals this year.

Raymond Terrance getting the ponts from Cardiff, a good way to ease into the league without having to play one of the stronger opponents.

You're not suggesting Cardiff are bad are you? Expect some name calling to come your way!

Honestly don't know how Dudley lost this! The squad they have they almost belong in the A-League

Lofty
10-04-2019, 06:30 AM
C'mon man, everyone over at suns is 'playing for the shirt'. I'm writing them off, They're missing the finals this year.

You're not suggesting Cardiff are bad are you? Expect some name calling to come your way!

Honestly don't know how Dudley lost this! The squad they have they almost belong in the A-League

I love that it still irritates clowns like you that think the Suns have ever paid a single player anything, ever :roflz:

TheBean
10-04-2019, 10:59 AM

did anyone here go to the game? I heard there could have been a red card each for challenges on the keepers - mayfield forward jumping into a challenge from a long way away, and dudley midfielder leaving his boot in on mayfield keeper head. any truth to it?

The Hacker
10-04-2019, 01:20 PM
did anyone here go to the game? I heard there could have been a red card each for challenges on the keepers - mayfield forward jumping into a challenge from a long way away, and dudley midfielder leaving his boot in on mayfield keeper head. any truth to it?

Mate I went out to the game and I can't think of either challenge. There was one or 2 tackles that were strong and not worth a yellow but the rest of the game was in good spirits

TheBean
10-04-2019, 01:26 PM
Mate I went out to the game and I can't think of either challenge. There was one or 2 tackles that were strong and not worth a yellow but the rest of the game was in good spirits

Cheers mate, probably just exaggerations then

HonkingDonkey
11-04-2019, 03:02 PM
*cough*

Cardiff vs Swansea - Swansea, showed good form will continue to do so this week (despite the issues). Swansea by a few.
Kotara vs Mayfield - Best game of the round, will be worth checking out. Mayfield, 0-1.
Warners Bay vs Suns - Warners Bay slipped in the first round, expecting them to pick up and get the job done against the guys playing for the shirt at the suns. 2-1.
Dudley vs Raymond Terrace - This is the real test for the terrace, all the talk put a side this will be a good gauge of where they are at. 2-0.
Bero vs Barnsely - showing form to knock off Warners bay, will get the job done but its going to be scrappy. The match is at Pasadena, a crappy pitch and with the bero crowd to even things up a little for Bero. always plenty of goals on the smallest ground. 2-3.

Passtheballmate
12-04-2019, 06:37 AM
Cardiff vs Swansea - Swansea
Kotara vs Mayfield - Draw
W/Bay vs Suns - Suns
Dudley vs Raymond Terrace - Draw
Bero vs Barnsley - Barnsley

Cognitio
12-04-2019, 07:50 AM
Round 2 Predictions
Saturday
Cardiff vs. Swansea
Both teams followed their early season predictions last week with Cardiff losing to new arrivals Terrace and Swansea thumping Bero. Another win for Swansea cements them as top four potentials while also confirming Cardiff’s tag as relegation battlers. Swansea should be just too strong for Cardiff this week.
3-0 Swansea

Kotara vs. Mayfield
Both teams were the big winners from round 1, beating fellow top 4 rivals from last year. A second win on the trot against a top four team makes for great motivation and will undoubtedly come with the early premier favourites tag. Tipping Mayfield to get the result, but could go either way.
2-1 Mayfield

Sunday
W. Bay vs. Suns
Both teams lost their round 1 games making this a crucial game to get season off to a start. The Bay should take confidence in the Suns slow starts to seasons and go on the attack. But I feel Suns quality will shine though on this one.
Suns 3-1

Dudley vs. R. Terrace
A very interesting match-up, Terrance will carry their opening day win to the home of premiership favourites Dudley. Terrance should be full of confidence which will make things difficult for Dudley. I tip Dudley to bounce back from their opening day loss with an easy win.
Dudley 3-0

Bero vs. Barnsley
Bero need to bounce back after a heavy opening day loss, while Barnsley can take huge pressure off themselves with opening their season with two wins. Both relegation battlers last year, I feel like Barnsley are more set and prepared this time around and should take this game comfortably.
Barnsley 3-1

MisplacedPasses
12-04-2019, 09:51 AM
Cardiff 0:2 Swansea- Optus like to repeat their Top Tier Town shows so we'll get to watch Cardiff getting beat over and over, how good!!
Kotara 1:1 Mayfield - Good tigers vs bad tigers not sure which ones which yet. Assuming Kotara's tactic is same as last year? long balls to whippet?
W/Bay 3:1 Suns - Bays new striker to run riot vs the lazy defence and b grade celebrity goal keeper.
Dudley 3:0 Raymond Terrace - The A-league stars to dominate
Bero 1:2 Barnsley - Wouldn't be surprised if the bero coach brings himself on this week

Roses
12-04-2019, 11:57 AM
Cardiff vs Swansea - Swansea 2-4
Swansea look to have a good front line and a shaky defence. Surprised if they keeps. Clean sheet but think they should be able to run away with the match.

Kotara vs Mayfield - Mayfield 1-2
Mayfield, easily the best team in the comp this year as the were last year. Will be a tough game on Kotara’s shit pitch but they’ll get up over Kotara.

W/Bay vs Suns - Suns 1-3
Earners Bay are trash and will be the bottom three with Bero and Barnsley.

Dudley vs Raymond Terrace - Draw 1-1
Terrace look to have a strong defence, wouldn’t surprise me if Dudley get up by a goal but I’m tipping a draw.

Bero vs Barnsley - Draw 2-2
Shit defence and attack vs shit defence and attack. Hardest one to call, so I’ve sat on the fence.

underrated
13-04-2019, 10:37 AM
Tips For The Weekend

Cardiff 2-4 Swansea - I’m predicting Swansea to keep making there push for the top 4 with a win here.

Kotara 3-2 Mayfield - Kotara look the real deal this season and will be pushing for the title with Mayfield & Dudley come the end of the season.

Warners Bay 2-2 Suns - Warners Bay look a lot better then last season & there’s turmoil over at the Suns.

Dudley 3-1 Raymond Terrace - Dudley to get back to winning ways against newly promoted Raymond Terrace who I don’t expect to win many games away from home.

Beresfield 1-4 Barnsley - Early relegation battle but I’m not expecting much from Beresfield this season.

Mayfield
13-04-2019, 04:45 PM
Kotara vs. Mayfield
3rds. 2-7
Red. 0-2
1st. 1-4

evolution
13-04-2019, 06:04 PM
Cardiff vs Swansea

1sts - 4-0 Swansea (all goals in the 1st half)
Res - 3-1 Swansea
3rds - 1-0 Swansea