PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Zone League 1 thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Just a spectator
13-06-2019, 03:57 PM
???

I was replying to this post below of yours

goose hey, I thought he was a kingfisher...…...

What do you mean....??

Roundball Enthusiast
13-06-2019, 04:08 PM

What do you mean....??

Don't listen to him Speccie, he probably plays Third grade, so he's not important.

Jardelsimage
13-06-2019, 04:27 PM

What do you mean....??

specky, kingfisher, garden suburb, has the bell gone off yet.....

Bon
13-06-2019, 04:33 PM
another goose to the flock....ha ha

Don't know about a flock, but I guess some of the fellas are pretty wild..
Are we on the ground, in flight, or on water? Cause that's the difference between a gaggle, a skein and a plump..

la bazzle
13-06-2019, 04:55 PM
If Azzuri beat suburbs in thirds this week, can we start the promotion party? Or too early?

Roundball Enthusiast
13-06-2019, 04:56 PM
Don't know about a flock, but I guess some of the fellas are pretty wild..
Are we on the ground, in flight, or on water? Cause that's the difference between a gaggle, a skein and a plump..

Are you high Bon?

a Gaggle? Is that the present tense of the word gag?
a skein? You mean a stein right? typo???
plump? Describing yourself again, are we?

No wonder you play in the most important grade at the club, losing your mind mate.

Roundball Enthusiast
13-06-2019, 04:57 PM
If Azzuri beat suburbs in thirds this week, can we start the promotion party? Or too early?

You'd have to ask how good your relationship with the association(s) (Newcastle Football, NNSW) is, they're the ones who get to review your promotion application to ZPL.

It's not automatic promotion between ZL1 and ZPL/NEW-FM/NPL, it's via an application.

la bazzle
13-06-2019, 05:32 PM
You'd have to ask how good your relationship with the association(s) (Newcastle Football, NNSW) is, they're the ones who get to review your promotion application to ZPL.

It's not automatic promotion between ZL1 and ZPL/NEW-FM/NPL, it's via an application.

They love us. Loveable rogues they say.

Also it would only put us 6 points in front of Suburbs. Too early for the party I say

pv4
13-06-2019, 09:39 PM

I didn't realise there wasn't automatic promotion from ZL1 to ZPL. I definitely understood criteria came into play to go to NL1 but this is the first I think I've heard of any form of application process outside of the norm to get into ZPL. Does anyone know exactly what the criteria is to be considered for ZPL? What does for eg Raymond Terrace, most recently promoted, have criteria wise that Azzurri doesn't - genuine question.

NUGUNS
13-06-2019, 09:51 PM
I didn't realise there wasn't automatic promotion from ZL1 to ZPL. I definitely understood criteria came into play to go to NL1 but this is the first I think I've heard of any form of application process outside of the norm to get into ZPL. Does anyone know exactly what the criteria is to be considered for ZPL? What does for eg Raymond Terrace, most recently promoted, have criteria wise that Azzurri doesn't - genuine question.

A field

Roundball Enthusiast
13-06-2019, 10:12 PM

Fenced field.
Canteen.
Change room facilities with hot water.
Junior system connected to the senior club.

la bazzle
13-06-2019, 11:08 PM
Fenced field.
Canteen.
Change room facilities with hot water.
Junior system connected to the senior club.

Toilet paper

Premy
13-06-2019, 11:32 PM
Toilet paper

:lulzturtle:

the_butcher
14-06-2019, 10:46 AM
Most important Ladder in Newcastle sporting history has been updated:

http://i68.tinypic.com/55p5p3.png

I demand a recount! Moz only scored 1.5 last week. 13 a piece!

the_butcher
14-06-2019, 10:52 AM
Given that Azzuri are 9 from 9 and would be odds on to take the Minor, will they be able to play ZPL at Smith Park?

I heard rumours that Azzurri won't take promotion even if they take out the title. Main reason stated was that they want to remain in the Zone League 1 foz thread.

the_butcher
14-06-2019, 10:53 AM
Preparations for the big game this weekend are well underway and we are leaving nothing to spare. We're even going to the lengths of calling apon our Friday night All Age Keeper, it's a game our club will live and die by so no risk can be taken.

He's better than your other keepers :rof: Smart move from the Burbs, the classic reverse stack method ;)

the_butcher
14-06-2019, 11:07 AM

Roundy, you missed the joke :rof:

Roundball Enthusiast
14-06-2019, 11:21 AM
Roundy, you missed the joke :rof:

Na I didn't. Promotion is based on the most important grade.

Should the most important grade finish first, Azzuri would need to apply for promotion....

Just a spectator
14-06-2019, 12:46 PM
specky, kingfisher, garden suburb, has the bell gone off yet.....

Hey Jardy... got it thanks ... I don't know anyone on here like most of you guys seem to, so wasn't aware thanks for that...you obviously know who he is and who he plays for ..thanks for the lesson

idontwannaplaywithhowey
14-06-2019, 12:48 PM

There isn't an extra application process.People seemed to be getting confused with the wording.
It's just that ground criteria are different in ZPL to ZL1,2,3. So the rules are written that way so clubs have to meet ZPL criteria. If they don't, I'm sure any club could put in a submission to Newy Football around their clubs plans to meet criteria.
Predominantly the issues are around facilities...Mainly fenced ground ( which, in effect can be a temporary rope fence around the pitch each week).. Even if your ground is a dump, it just takes a bit of extra work each match day to get across all the criteria ( if, as a club you have people willing to put in a bit of graft).

la bazzle
14-06-2019, 12:52 PM
( if, as a club you have people willing to put in a bit of graft).

uh ohhhh could be in trouble here

Bon
14-06-2019, 12:53 PM
Hey Jardy... got it thanks ... I don't know anyone on here like most of you guys seem to, so wasn't aware thanks for that...you obviously know who he is and who he plays for ..thanks for the lesson

It will come in time, mate..
You will start to see patterns in who is blowing up/protecting which clubs.. haha.. (Go check out the ZPL thread for a particularly good laugh)..
Welcome to the foz, just try not to take too much stuff too seriously here..

Just a spectator
14-06-2019, 01:02 PM
One was really shit, so we told him to fk off.

He played first and reserves. The All age keeper is way better, conceded way fewer goals.

So much for First grade being the epitome of Football, when an All Age player is better.

One was shit so what about the other 2 or 3 most teams carry 3 or 4 keepers if they have 3 grades..are they shit as well, and the all age keeper playing all grades...? could be a long day at the office for the bloke

Just a spectator
14-06-2019, 01:06 PM
It will come in time, mate..
You will start to see patterns in who is blowing up/protecting which clubs.. haha.. (Go check out the ZPL thread for a particularly good laugh)..
Welcome to the foz, just try not to take too much stuff too seriously here..

thanks mate, I don't get on here much apart from to have a look around ... I commented on one post and it's gone viral.... quite amusing to say the least... but it's good to see the passion..!

Incognito mosquito
14-06-2019, 01:08 PM
I demand a recount! Moz only scored 1.5 last week. 13 a piece!

On reflection I have to agree. I took too many bites at the Cherry with the predictions last week. I’m sure this issue will be resolved come the next update

Bon
14-06-2019, 01:12 PM
You got the champions league anthem ready for the run out tomorrow, butch/baz?

TXK
14-06-2019, 02:36 PM

Bocelli has been getting a bit of a run this season actually.

la bazzle
14-06-2019, 02:37 PM

We've been going with Bocelli recently, but happy to pump out the champions song for the champions grade

the_butcher
14-06-2019, 03:07 PM
Buckle up ladies and gents, it is time to get balls deep in some third grade action, the grade that is everyone's main focus.

Jesmond vs Wallsend: After this match I think the bottom two will be decided. Wallsend to win, both teams to score.

Cooks Hill vs Westlakes: It will be one way traffic sorry Moz. Cooks Hill will score a minimum of two goals per half.

NL vs Stockton: Sharkies had last weekend off so will be fresh... it won't help them, though. NL will win and their goal difference will move out of the negative.

Azzurri vs Suburbs: The Burbs are the strongest 3rd grade side in the comp and have improved their team since their only loss of the season way back in Round 1. The Burbs will get the win but there will only be one goal separating the two teams.

Maryland vs Uni: Uni will win but they won't score as many goals as Cooks Hill do vs Westlakes.

the_butcher
14-06-2019, 03:08 PM
Na I didn't. Promotion is based on the most important grade.

Should the most important grade finish first, Azzuri would need to apply for promotion....

:rof: well played sir

the_butcher
14-06-2019, 03:11 PM
uh ohhhh could be in trouble here

Haha huge strife! If I have to do anything other than unlock the sheds I'm out.

the_butcher
14-06-2019, 03:17 PM
Grade no one cares about aka first grade:

Jesmond vs Wallsend: Wallsend

Cooks Hill vs Westlakes: Come on you Cats! Draw.

NL vs Stockton: Draw

Azzurri vs Burbs: Burbs with the upset to finally kick start their season 10 rounds in

Maryland vs Uni: Maryland

Incognito mosquito
14-06-2019, 04:32 PM
Maryland vs Uni: Uni will win but they won't score as many goals as Cooks Hill do vs Westlakes.

Love it! You’re always re inventing the wheel in the prediction world Butch.

The new_kid
15-06-2019, 11:51 AM
Jesmond v Wallsend

A win for jesmond keep them in the hunt for the top 4. A loss could spell the end.

Jeso 3-1

Cooks hill v westlakes

Cooks hill to win this comfortably.

CH 5- 0

New Lambton v Stockton.

New Lambton to absolutely bury Stockton in this game

NL 6-1

Azzuri v Garden suburbs

Easily match of the round. Suburbs win could put them in top 2. Should be a cracking game.

Too close to call. Maybe a draw or 1 goal garden suburbs win

Maryland v uni

This game depends on what uni side show up. They have stated there season strong but a few results not going there way.

Uni 3-0

Retro Jet
15-06-2019, 06:10 PM
Cooks Hill v Westlakes
Athfield

3rds C/Hill 4 v Westlakes 0
Res C/Hill 1 v Westlakes 0
1st C/Hill 1 v Westlakes 0

Incognito mosquito
15-06-2019, 06:17 PM
Cooks Hill v Westlakes
Athfield

3rds C/Hill 4 v Westlakes 0
Res C/Hill 1 v Westlakes 0
1st C/Hill 1 v Westlakes 0

Tough day for our boys today across all grades. Thirds cookers out classed us across the park. Atleast the scoreline has reduced from our last 2 match’s.

HT - 3-0 (for Butch)

idontwannaplaywithhowey
16-06-2019, 11:39 AM
New Lambton v Stockton
1st: 1-1
Res: 2-2
3rds: 1-1

la bazzle
16-06-2019, 12:35 PM
Any goals in thirds off the head?

Sideline
16-06-2019, 04:39 PM
Any other results from the weekend?

la bazzle
16-06-2019, 07:50 PM
Any other results from the weekend?

Azzurri v Suburbs

3rds
2-0

Ressies
4-0

1sts
3-1

Just a spectator
16-06-2019, 08:27 PM
Preparations for the big game this weekend are well underway and we are leaving nothing to spare. We're even going to the lengths of calling apon our Friday night All Age Keeper, it's a game our club will live and die by so no risk can be taken.

It seems this didn't work out too well as a plan..... or couldn't the all age keeper make it...?

Azzurri v Suburbs

3rds
2-0

Ressies
4-0

1sts
3-1

Seems it was a long day for the kingfishers

Just a spectator
16-06-2019, 08:40 PM
One was really shit, so we told him to fk off.

He played first and reserves. The All age keeper is way better, conceded way fewer goals.

So much for First grade being the epitome of Football, when an All Age player is better.Azzurri v Suburbs

3rds
2-0

Ressies
4-0

1sts
3-1

It seems you have a lot of shit keepers at your club...

P W L D F A GD
10 2 4 4 17 26 -9

Roundball Enthusiast
16-06-2019, 08:46 PM
Azzurri v Suburbs

3rds
2-0

Ressies
4-0

1sts
3-1

It seems you have a lot of shit keepers at your club...

P W L D F A GD
10 2 4 4 17 26 -9

Na we have the best keepers in the comp, just shit onfield players. :rof:

Ressies went down to 10 about 30 into the first half, which didn't help that scoreline. Could've been 2-2 or even 3-2 to us before the red.

Sideline
16-06-2019, 09:24 PM

Ressies went down to 10 about 30 into the first half, which didn't help that scoreline. Could've been 2-2 or even 3-2 to us before the red.

The tables say otherwise :rof::rof::rof: looks like hamilton have the best keepers in the comp :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Just a spectator
16-06-2019, 09:38 PM

hmmm sound like you may be a keeper....ha ha mind you a keeper is only as good as the team he has in front of him .... but I've seen your keepers today and I've seen 15 year old's who are better.... your excuse for the games today is should have ,would have, could have but ya didn't .... seems like your whole team is shit then ... might be time to buy in some new players...

Just a spectator
16-06-2019, 09:40 PM
The tables say otherwise :rof::rof::rof: looks like hamilton have the best keepers in the comp :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Yep agreed... The Azzurri seem to be strong in all grades,,, it's a shame they don't have a decent ground to play from

fozphantom
16-06-2019, 09:42 PM
Yep agreed... The Azzurri seem to be strong in all grades,,, it's a shame they don't have a decent ground to play from

lofl took the words right outta my mouth :rof:

traffic light
16-06-2019, 11:38 PM

Oi the adidas Punchbowl crew from Smithy wont like that talk.

https://themactime.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/tfpemail002.jpg

Roundball Enthusiast
17-06-2019, 09:15 AM
might be time to buy in some new players...

Likely the problem, Garden Suburb doesn't buy or pay for players.

Frodo
17-06-2019, 09:21 AM
hmmm sound like you may be a keeper....ha ha mind you a keeper is only as good as the team he has in front of him .... but I've seen your keepers today and I've seen 15 year old's who are better.... your excuse for the games today is should have ,would have, could have but ya didn't .... seems like your whole team is shit then ... might be time to buy in some new players...

So you went from whimsical and innocently unaware of own you're misunderstandings to regular local football d-bag in like a week. Lol.

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

la bazzle
17-06-2019, 09:22 AM
Oi the adidas Punchbowl crew from Smithy wont like that talk.

Smith Park is a pile of shit

#FIXSMITHPARK

la bazzle
17-06-2019, 09:23 AM
So you went from whimsical and innocently unaware of own you're misunderstandings to regular local football d-bag in like a week. Lol.

Surely can't be one of ours? We love thirds more than anyone. We have Thirds Day ffs :rof:

la bazzle
17-06-2019, 09:35 AM
Not a great start.... need maximum points from now on....

Jesmond v Wallsend - Wallsend
Wallsend to play themselves back in to form with a potentially season defining win
- Wallsend with a -3 start

Jesmond 2 -1 = 0 points

Cookshill v Westlakes - Cooks Hill

Sorry Moz. Cooks Hill to put on a masterclass
- Cooks Hill with a -5 start

Cooks Hill 4-0 = 0.5 points

New Lambton v Stockton - NL
I haven't seen Stockton this season but if they are anything like last year I expect the Eagles swooping for the 3 points
- Two headed goals

1-1.....hopefully both were headers?? 0 points

Hamilton v Suburbs - Draw
Probably the biggest game in football hisory. Not just locally, probably world wide. Both teams have been brilliant this year showcasing the best of the best, due to third grade being the premier division.
- At least 1 penalty in the game and 3+ yellow cards

Azzurri 2-0. No pen, can't remember many cards, if any? = 0 points

Maryland v Uni - Uni
Uni are playing Maryland
- Uni with a -6 start

Uni 4-1 = 0.5 points

Let down by some of the big boys of 3rds :angry:

1 point (pending not two headers in NL v Stocko)

Just a spectator
17-06-2019, 09:51 AM
Likely the problem, Garden Suburb doesn't buy or pay for players.

In that case it very well could be... I heard they have aspirations of playing in NPL won't get there with that attitude

Just a spectator
17-06-2019, 09:57 AM

I saw the game with a couple of mates and called it how I saw it that's all ... if you're gonna make a comment like was made and it was caught out don't be shitty cos it was called out... if I didn't see the game I would be none the wiser but I can't unsee it ... hence the comments

la bazzle
17-06-2019, 10:17 AM
I saw the game with a couple of mates and called it how I saw it that's all ... if you're gonna make a comment like was made and it was caught out don't be shitty cos it was called out... if I didn't see the game I would be none the wiser but I can't unsee it ... hence the comments

You're my new favourite forumite

beaten favourite
17-06-2019, 10:18 AM
What are the chances of Azzurri & Cookers being the only 2 teams in First Grade to finish the season with a positive goal difference?????

Roundball Enthusiast
17-06-2019, 10:21 AM
What are the chances of Azzurri & Cookers being the only 2 teams in First Grade to finish the season with a positive goal difference?????

About as good as the odds on Speccy getting a sense of humour.

Roundball Enthusiast
17-06-2019, 10:22 AM
In that case it very well could be... I heard they have aspirations of playing in NPL won't get there with that attitude

NPL or WPL? Big difference.

Just a spectator
17-06-2019, 10:29 AM

Oh come on now....ha ha

beaten favourite
17-06-2019, 10:29 AM

So you're saying there's a chance :whistling:

Frodo
17-06-2019, 10:33 AM
Surely can't be one of ours? We love thirds more than anyone. We have Thirds Day ffs :rof:

Guilty conscience there Le Baz...

I was more implying that he is one of the 100 or so local footballing lads on these forums who know more about everyone else's club than their own. You know the type. I'm sure we all started as one.

I actually think he doesn't even play for a team. Or plays for both teams if you know what I mean. Wink wink, nudge nudge.

Or it's the Members new Multi and this is a social experiment he's putting us all through.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
17-06-2019, 10:34 AM
1 point (pending not two headers in NL v Stocko)

Stocko's goal was a header, New Lambton's was not.

Just a spectator
17-06-2019, 10:36 AM
NPL or WPL? Big difference.

well either to be honest... the big difference is in the quality and speed .... the system of getting there and staying there is the same ..!

la bazzle
17-06-2019, 10:42 AM
Stocko's goal was a header, New Lambton's was not.

Ouch :( So close. Got greedy

Roundball Enthusiast
17-06-2019, 10:43 AM
Oh come on now....ha ha

:rof: :rof: :rof: :rof: :rof:

Just a spectator
17-06-2019, 12:03 PM
Guilty conscience there Le Baz...

I was more implying that he is one of the 100 or so local footballing lads on these forums who know more about everyone else's club than their own. You know the type. I'm sure we all started as one.

I actually think he doesn't even play for a team. Or plays for both teams if you know what I mean. Wink wink, nudge nudge.

Or it's the Members new Multi and this is a social experiment he's putting us all through.

Wow that's interesting... I haven't commented on anyone's clubs perse' just mainly on the competition as such.... then replied to comments directed to me..
Ya right though I don't play for anyone and haven't for some time now...

I have a decent sense of humor, but You should be careful with some of your comments "if you know what I mean" Especially in this Australian climate.. re LBGABC stuff .... As some may take offence...Ha ha
Just sayin..!

pv4
17-06-2019, 01:11 PM
I have a decent sense of humor, but You should be careful with some of your comments "if you know what I mean" Especially in this Australian climate.. re LBGABC stuff .... As some may take offence...Ha ha
Just sayin..!

I truly don't know what you mean, please elaborate.

the_butcher
17-06-2019, 03:56 PM
Buckle up ladies and gents, it is time to get balls deep in some third grade action, the grade that is everyone's main focus.

Jesmond vs Wallsend: After this match I think the bottom two will be decided. Wallsend to win, both teams to score.

Cooks Hill vs Westlakes: It will be one way traffic sorry Moz. Cooks Hill will score a minimum of two goals per half.

NL vs Stockton: Sharkies had last weekend off so will be fresh... it won't help them, though. NL will win and their goal difference will move out of the negative.

Azzurri vs Suburbs: The Burbs are the strongest 3rd grade side in the comp and have improved their team since their only loss of the season way back in Round 1. The Burbs will get the win but there will only be one goal separating the two teams.

Good win for the rams! Too bad I didn't back them. Both teams scored = 0.5

Cooks Hill won but did not score 2 goals per half :( = 0.5

Sharkies grab themselves a point, NL's GD remains in the negative = 0

Azzurri won by 2, deserved the win but was helped by some very questionable goalkeeping = 0

Uni won and they scored the same amount as CH did vs WL = 0

Grand Total = 1

POOR TIPPING

idontwannaplaywithhowey
17-06-2019, 04:57 PM
Sharkies grab themselves a point, NL's GD remains in the negative = 0

Grand Total = 1

POOR TIPPING

You might (I say might) be able to give yourself 0.5 on that one. 1 previous weeks result hasn't been put in, where we won by 2, so we are in fact, on a 0 goal difference. We were before the weekend, so I will leave it to the tipping comp adjudicators to see if you are allowed to give yourself 0.5.

Incognito mosquito
17-06-2019, 05:20 PM
I’ll get the ball rolling with predictions this week. As always 3rds

Jesmond v Wallsend - Draw
Wallsend have been disappointing from recent times and Jesmond are just frustrating. I can see them frustrating their way to a draw.
- Wallsend to score first and last

Cookshill v Westlakes - Form snapping win for Westlakes

CH are the only team I haven’t seen, but judging from their ladder position they’re good and judging from our ladder position we are not as good.
- WL to score first and defend like hell for most of the game

New Lambton v Stockton - NL
NL are a very tidy side and I feel are one of the more threatening sides out side the top 4. I can’t see Stockton getting past NL tight defence.
-NL to not concede and Stockton not to Score

Hamilton v Suburbs - Suburbs
Both very very good sides. I see this being the match of the round across all Newcastle leagues. Just a Spectator should make room in his busy first grade watching schedule to check this fixture out.
- Suburbs to win, both teams to score.

Maryland v Uni - Uni
I feel for Maryland as we have been in their position before and it gets harder as the season goes on. If only it were Uni holidays.
- Maryland to score and lose

Good luck to all

Jeso v Wallsend - 0
- Good win for the Rams. Wallsend continue to disappoint

Cookshill v Westlakes - 0
- very optimistic tipping. In all fairness we defended like hell for most of the game but we never got the early lead 😢.

New Lambton v Stockton - 0
- Stockton finding a way through the solid defence of NL to break my heart.

Azzuri v Suburbs - 0
- The dream run continues for Azzuri. I thought Suburbs may had stood a chance with their Friday night keeper but Azzuri are just that good.

Uni v Maryland - 1
- The saving grace for my tipping this week. Hopefully Maryland put their goal scoring boots away for this weeks upcoming clash.

Total - 1

Tough week for tipping

la bazzle
17-06-2019, 05:39 PM
You might (I say might) be able to give yourself 0.5 on that one. 1 previous weeks result hasn't been put in, where we won by 2, so we are in fact, on a 0 goal difference. We were before the weekend, so I will leave it to the tipping comp adjudicators to see if you are allowed to give yourself 0.5.

I’m happy not to give him the 0.5

Incognito mosquito
17-06-2019, 05:47 PM

I’m happy to let the lord of the table decide the result

pv4
18-06-2019, 07:55 AM
I’m happy to let the lord of the table decide the result

I am an observer only. I do not adjudicate. This is a hands on head honesty system, much like one of the greatest sports in the world Ultimate Frisbee. If you can't decide yourself, I trust all involved in this wonderful competition will democratically come to a conclusion. Or I am happy for you guys to bring in a neutral third party to be official adjudicator, I just feel I am too biased against Jesmond to give this the help it deserves.

the_butcher
18-06-2019, 10:07 AM
I’m happy not to give him the 0.5

:rof: It was poor research on my behalf of which I shouldn't be rewarded for. I'll have to cop this one on the chin.

la bazzle
18-06-2019, 11:29 AM
:rof: It was poor research on my behalf of which I shouldn't be rewarded for. I'll have to cop this one on the chin.

Nah I changed my mind. I don't want an asterix next to my name when I win. Take the 0.5, it was a great call :rof:

the_butcher
18-06-2019, 12:10 PM
1 Hamilton Azzurri JSC 10 9 0 1 38 2 36 28
2 Garden Suburb SC 10 7 2 1 27 9 18 22
3 Uni Men's FC 10 6 3 1 31 15 16 19
4 Cooks Hill UFC 10 6 3 1 26 12 14 19
5 New Lambton FC 10 4 4 2 16 16 0 14
6 Stockton JSC 9 2 3 4 13 24 -11 10
7 Westlakes Wildcats FC 10 2 5 3 9 26 -17 9
8 Wallsend FC 10 2 6 2 17 18 -1 8
9 Jesmond FC 10 2 6 2 17 35 -18 8
10 Maryland Fletcher FC 9 0 8 1 3 40 -37 1

So with CH opening up a 5 point gap to 5th placed New Lambton, can we say the current top 4 will be the ones who make the semis? I can't see either CH or Uni dropping out of the the four. The poor bulldogs may as well put the spoon up on the wall already.

la bazzle
18-06-2019, 12:40 PM
1 Hamilton Azzurri JSC 10 9 0 1 38 2 36 28
2 Garden Suburb SC 10 7 2 1 27 9 18 22
3 Uni Men's FC 10 6 3 1 31 15 16 19
4 Cooks Hill UFC 10 6 3 1 26 12 14 19
5 New Lambton FC 10 4 4 2 16 16 0 14
6 Stockton JSC 9 2 3 4 13 24 -11 10
7 Westlakes Wildcats FC 10 2 5 3 9 26 -17 9
8 Wallsend FC 10 2 6 2 17 18 -1 8
9 Jesmond FC 10 2 6 2 17 35 -18 8
10 Maryland Fletcher FC 9 0 8 1 3 40 -37 1

So with CH opening up a 5 point gap to 5th placed New Lambton, can we say the current top 4 will be the ones who make the semis? I can't see either CH or Uni dropping out of the the four. The poor bulldogs may as well put the spoon up on the wall already.

Interesting. Good to see the main table.

Uni don't have a difficult game until round 16 vs Suburbs. Should win all before that. Cooks Hill v Azzurri could be a title decider. I wouldn't rule out NL until the massive 6 pointer, Rd 16 v Cooks Hill, although I predict Cooks Hill to end their campaign there and then.

pv4
18-06-2019, 01:21 PM
Nah I changed my mind. I don't want an asterix next to my name when I win. Take the 0.5, it was a great call :rof:

Thankyou to everyone for rising above our ethnic disputes and giving this competition the attention, honesty & passion it deserves. Pat yourselves on the back, the spirit of the Shield is alive and well. One would argue it is the pinnacle of Australian Football in the current age.

http://i64.tinypic.com/29gn2jd.png

Roundball Enthusiast
18-06-2019, 03:52 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/29gn2jd.png

Hello Labazzuri, aka Maryland Third Grade.

la bazzle
18-06-2019, 04:16 PM

:rof::rof::rof: Hoping to beat the bye

Incognito mosquito
18-06-2019, 09:52 PM
:rof::rof::rof: Hoping to beat the bye

They’re a tough competitor, we’ve had our struggles with that demon in our darker days

the_butcher
19-06-2019, 03:42 PM

:rof::rof::rof:

la bazzle
20-06-2019, 03:12 PM
Ok ok ok

Play times over

Stockton v Jesmond - Stockton

Penalty to be given

Westlakes v Maryland - Westlakes

This is game of the round for me. West Lake like a Bengal Tiger to come out firing scoring at least 2 goals in the first half

Uni v New Lambton - draw

Uni holidays. Bad news for the students
New Lambton to be winning and Uni to equalise in last 15

Wallsend v Azzurri- Azzurri

Last game was a tough 1-0 win for blues. I see it being the opposite. -3 start

Cooks Hill v Suburbs - suburbs

Would like Cooks Hill to win this for the blues to get closer to the most important title in world football. But Suburbs to get back on track. 2 goals from corners in the game

the_butcher
20-06-2019, 05:33 PM
Stockton vs Jesmond: Sharkies are the kings of the draw, having drawn more games than any other team in the comp and I'm predicting this match will be no different. DRAW, both teams to score a minimum of two goals each.

Westlakes vs Maryland: Here's an interesting stat, Westlakes have actually conceded 5 more goals than Maryland have in the last 5 games (20 WL, 15 Maryland). Both teams winless in the last 5 matches. In saying that, it is impossible to back Maryland. Westlakes will win this but I might be tight. They won't win by more than 2.

Uni vs NL: If NL have any hopes of making the semis then they need to win this match. They have the form, undefeated in their last 4 outings, recording three wins and a draw although they were against teams in the bottom half of the ladder. I think it will be a close one. Uni to win but NL's First Grade team will score twice as many goals or more in First Grade as Uni do in third grade (hope that makes sense).

Wallsend vs Azzurri: The strange thing about Wallsend is that I actually really rated them when we played them in the first round. Their results before Round 6 were really encouraging but have been on a slippery slope since that Round 6 draw with the Bulldogs. It makes me wonder if they have lost a few players? Defensively they are quite good with the best GD in the bottom half of the table. I'm predicted Azzurri will win but will not score more than 3 goals.

CH vs Burbs: Draw, both teams to score.

Incognito mosquito
20-06-2019, 09:43 PM
Stockton at home vs teams they are on parr with usually means a win for Stockton.
- Both teams to score and Scores level at HT

A real danger game for us. After being pummelled for 3 weeks straight we can’t afford to be lackadaisical with our efforts this week.
- WL for have a better GD than Stockton after this weekend.

Uni v New Lambton - Draw
This is the opportunity of a lifetime for New Lambton. I think they should win this but something deep down thinks Uni won’t let that happen.
- More goals in the second half than the first

Wallsend v Azzuri - Azzuri
Wallsend haven’t turned up the last few weeks. Not sure what’s doing there as they’ve historically had a strong 3rds side. I think they will turn up this week but just fall short
- Highest scoring match at Cook Park on the day

Cooks Hill v Suburbs - Cooks Hill
This match could go either way. Cooks hill to bring their scoring boots from last week.
- CH to score first and last goal

la bazzle
22-06-2019, 04:23 PM
Already news filtering through WL 2-0 ML

Both goals.... not scored in the first half

Incognito mosquito
22-06-2019, 05:40 PM
Already news filtering through WL 2-0 ML

Both goals.... not scored in the first half

That is correct

Westlakes v Maryland
3rds - 2-0 (1-0 HT) WL
Res - 0-1 Maryland
1sts - 6-0 (1-0 HT) WL

3rds
Maryland seemed to be down in troops but they definitely pushed us to the limit. Took until about 10 mins to go before the 2nd goal was scored. They defended like their lives depended on it.

Ressies
The goal was scored about 15mins in, was a nice little 1 2 around some defenders to put the Maryland player 1 on 1 with our keeper. About 20 mins in a WL player saw red after a silly foul and silly words to the ref. Hopefully he will learn from that. After that the game was an arm wrestle with both teams having their chances. Result was pretty on the money.

1sts
Again I think a few ressies players backed up for firsts. They seemed to be down on numbers I could be wrong. Was a very good game and that showed by being 1-0 at half time. Looked like Maryland just ran out of legs as the game opened up and WL were able to take advantage

#Make3rdsGreatAgain

la bazzle
22-06-2019, 07:22 PM
What does result need to be in stocko game for your prediction?

Incognito mosquito
22-06-2019, 08:27 PM
What does result need to be in stocko game for your prediction?

Need Stockton to lose by 5 or more. But I also tipped Stockton.. really snookered myself on that one

WWMTD?
23-06-2019, 09:16 AM
Any from suburbs on here?? Athletics field is closed today so games vs cooks hill are postponed

Fridge
23-06-2019, 10:18 AM
Any from suburbs on here?? Athletics field is closed today so games vs cooks hill are postponed

Thanks will let the boys know

idontwannaplaywithhowey
23-06-2019, 11:06 AM
Uni v New Lambton
1st: 1-0 New Lambton
Res: 1-0 Uni
3rds: 3-1 Uni

Incognito mosquito
23-06-2019, 11:24 AM
Uni v New Lambton
1st: 1-0 New Lambton
Res: 1-0 Uni
3rds: 3-1 Uni

What half had the most goals in 3rds Howie?

idontwannaplaywithhowey
23-06-2019, 01:10 PM
What half had the most goals in 3rds Howie?

Neither... 1-1 at half time, 2 goals to Uni second half.
Uni could have plenty in the first half though, they were the far superior outfit.

la bazzle
24-06-2019, 12:36 AM
Wallsend v Azzurri

Thirds
3-4

Ressies
0-7

In dark period for ZL1 the referees decided to go ahead with 1st grade despite the ground being under water. I will never get those 20 minutes of my life back watching that nonsense before common sense prevailed.

TXK
24-06-2019, 11:00 AM
Wallsend v Azzurri

In dark period for ZL1 the referees decided to go ahead with 1st grade despite the ground being under water. I will never get those 20 minutes of my life back watching that nonsense before common sense prevailed.

Otto’s gots to get that bread homie.

In all seriousness though, was a deadset farce to be a part of. Wouldn’t be surprised if both squads come down with pneumonia after that as well.

Sideline
24-06-2019, 12:24 PM
Wallsend v Azzurri

Thirds
3-4

Ressies
0-7

Thriller in thirds la bazzle what happened to u boys conceded more in 1 game then all season so far ? Injuries ? Missing gk ?

Big result from ur reserves to help the goal difference.

I can't believe these games got on yesterday i would of though most grounds around would of been a bog. Do wallsend still play out of the cricket ground ? Near the shops cricket pitch would of been killer in that wet

Bon
24-06-2019, 12:28 PM
Thriller in thirds la bazzle what happened to u boys conceded more in 1 game then all season so far ? Injuries ? Missing gk ?

I can't believe these games got on yesterday i would of though most grounds around would of been a bog. Do wallsend still play out of the cricket ground ? Near the shops cricket pitch would of been killer in that wet

They play up the hill from the dishlicker track.. Can't think of the name, next to the cemetery yeah?

Otty told me that it was only you, TKX, that didn't want the game going ahead, apparently everyone else (especially the Wallsend boys) were keen as mustard.. haha.. :gent:

la bazzle
24-06-2019, 12:44 PM

It was an absolute shambles in 3rds, very much full strength :rof: 4-1 up and the boys just lot the plot. Credit to Wallsend though they really pushed and I thought they'd equalise. Pitch was an evener to be fair.

Nah out near the cemetary. It was pretty horendous. The pitch was kinda solid when thirds kicked off to be fair. But by the time firsts came along it was a swamp :rof:

la bazzle
24-06-2019, 12:47 PM
They play up the hill from the dishlicker track.. Can't think of the name, next to the cemetery yeah?

:

Cook Park

TXK
24-06-2019, 06:47 PM

Otty told me that it was only you, TKX, that didn't want the game going ahead, apparently everyone else (especially the Wallsend boys) were keen as mustard.. haha.. :gent:

Na I was keen to play on. The pitch brought all the technically gifted players down to my level, I actually felt like I belonged in First Grade for once hahaha.

All jokes aside though, was very shocked it went ahead at all. I haven’t been a part of anything like it before!

la bazzle
25-06-2019, 10:23 AM

Penalty to be given

DRAW (unsure on pen?) - 0pts

This is game of the round for me. West Lake like a Bengal Tiger to come out firing scoring at least 2 goals in the first half

Westlake - One goal each half - 0.5pts

Uni v New Lambton - draw

Uni holidays. Bad news for the students
New Lambton to be winning and Uni to equalise in last 15

Uni - no equaliser - 0pts

Wallsend v Azzurri- Azzurri

Last game was a tough 1-0 win for blues. I see it being the opposite. -3 start

Azzurri - but in an upset of sorts Wallsend scored 3 goals :( - 0.5pts

Would like Cooks Hill to win this for the blues to get closer to the most important title in world football. But Suburbs to get back on track. 2 goals from corners in the game

Washed out.... TBC

1 point.... wow...I'm back babayyy

Hope there was a pen

Incognito mosquito
25-06-2019, 01:32 PM
Stockton at home vs teams they are on parr with usually means a win for Stockton.
- Both teams to score and Scores level at HT

A real danger game for us. After being pummelled for 3 weeks straight we can’t afford to be lackadaisical with our efforts this week.
- WL for have a better GD than Stockton after this weekend.

Uni v New Lambton - Draw
This is the opportunity of a lifetime for New Lambton. I think they should win this but something deep down thinks Uni won’t let that happen.
- More goals in the second half than the first

Wallsend v Azzuri - Azzuri
Wallsend haven’t turned up the last few weeks. Not sure what’s doing there as they’ve historically had a strong 3rds side. I think they will turn up this week but just fall short
- Highest scoring match at Cook Park on the day

This match could go either way. Cooks hill to bring their scoring boots from last week.

Stockton v Jesmond 0
- if scores level at half time .5

Westlakes v Maryland .5
- Maryland defended very well and were probably a bit unlucky not to nab a goal.

Uni v New Lambton 0
- Uni proving too good.

Wallsend v Azzuri .5
- 7 goals in this game I would have thought that whole point was in the bag. Can only assume La Baz and Butch played ressies to ensure 3rds wasn’t the highest scoring match

CH v Suburbs - Washout

Total 1
(1.5 if Stockton and Jeso level at HT)

la bazzle
27-06-2019, 09:25 AM
Ok....... I really need this one.

If games aren't washed out, although very likely:

Stockton v Wallsend - Wallsend

Wallsend to win comfortably after their almost come back against Azzurri - Atleast one goal to Parra (Dan will know)

Jesmond v Uni - Uni

Closer than we think - Uni to win by a margin no more than 2

Cooks Hill v Azzurri - Draw

Game of the round - season defining for both teams..... I should get extra points for this prediciton......

0-0

Maryland v Suburbs - Suburbs

Suburbs to win scoring at least double the goals in the second half as they do in the first

New Lambton v Westlake - Draw

This ones for Moz...... Westlake to score last

the_butcher
27-06-2019, 11:49 AM
Stockton vs Jesmond: Sharkies are the kings of the draw, having drawn more games than any other team in the comp and I'm predicting this match will be no different. DRAW, both teams to score a minimum of two goals each.

Westlakes vs Maryland: Here's an interesting stat, Westlakes have actually conceded 5 more goals than Maryland have in the last 5 games (20 WL, 15 Maryland). Both teams winless in the last 5 matches. In saying that, it is impossible to back Maryland. Westlakes will win this but I might be tight. They won't win by more than 2.

Uni vs NL: If NL have any hopes of making the semis then they need to win this match. They have the form, undefeated in their last 4 outings, recording three wins and a draw although they were against teams in the bottom half of the ladder. I think it will be a close one. Uni to win but NL's First Grade team will score twice as many goals or more in First Grade as Uni do in third grade (hope that makes sense).

Wallsend vs Azzurri: The strange thing about Wallsend is that I actually really rated them when we played them in the first round. Their results before Round 6 were really encouraging but have been on a slippery slope since that Round 6 draw with the Bulldogs. It makes me wonder if they have lost a few players? Defensively they are quite good with the best GD in the bottom half of the table. I'm predicted Azzurri will win but will not score more than 3 goals.

Stockton vs Jesmond: The kings of the draw strike again! Both teams to score two or more. ONE POINT! Great start for the butcher

Westlakes vs Maryland: Westlakes won and it wasn't by more than 2. ONE POINT!

Uni vs NL: Uni won but NL's first grade team only won 1-0. 0.5

Wallsend vs Azzurri: Kicking myself here. I was going to tip Azzurri to win but Wallsend to win with a -3 start. But I didn't. Azzurri won but scored 4 goals = 0.5

Total = 3 points (pending washout result between Burbs and CH)

la bazzle
27-06-2019, 12:00 PM
Great tipping Butchell

la bazzle
27-06-2019, 12:09 PM
Not even bitter about it

Roundball Enthusiast
27-06-2019, 01:15 PM
Word on the street (Azzuri podcast) is that Azzuri have signed Matt Thompson for next season*

*Not confirmed only that he will be playing for a club that wears blue and rhymes with "Gazzuri" and playing up front with a person called "Reece Thompson".

Interesting...

pv4
27-06-2019, 01:18 PM
*Not confirmed only that he will be playing for a club that wears blue and rhymes with "Gazzuri" and playing up front with a person called "Reece Thompson".

Let's hope some more clues get dropped soon, we would all love to find out the mystery club..

pv4
27-06-2019, 01:20 PM
Round 11 Ladder:

http://i66.tinypic.com/aw85r5.png

the_butcher
27-06-2019, 01:30 PM
Hopefully we don't get beaten by the wet weather. The world need's its fix of the greatest division of football in existence.

Stockton vs Wallsend: Both teams haven't won in the last 5 matches. Wallsend have lost 4 and won 1 whilst Stockton have drawn 4 and lost 1. The Sharks will FINALLY be able to sing their team song again. Sharks to win the match officially, Wallsend to win with a +1.5 start.

Jesmond vs Uni: Uni need to start putting these teams to the sword if they want to be considered a top team in the world's best division. Jesmond are playing for nothing. Uni to win and do so by an even amount of goals. I'd go something a bit more exotic but I don't think we have any Uni or Jesmond people on here to confirm any of our more outrageous markets.

Cooks Hill vs Azzurri: Azzurri's defense is leaking like an old tap all of a sudden. Cooks Hill to win by a goal.

Maryland vs Suburbs: Maryland haven't conceded more then 4 in a game in at least their last 5 games. Unfortunately they will this week. Suburbs to win with a -4 start.

NL vs WL: NL semi finals hopes are hanging by a thread. They need to win this to keep the dream alive. NL to win, no more than one yellow card in the match.

the_butcher
27-06-2019, 01:30 PM
Let's hope some more clues get dropped soon, we would all love to find out the mystery club..

:rof:

the_butcher
27-06-2019, 01:34 PM
Round 11 Ladder:

http://i66.tinypic.com/aw85r5.png

I just noticed the name of the tipping shield :rof: :rof: :rof:

la bazzle
27-06-2019, 02:16 PM

Interesting...

All I got out of it was that he is a huge fan of 3rds and must attend regularly

the_butcher
27-06-2019, 03:41 PM
All I got out of it was that he is a huge fan of 3rds and must attend regularly

He's not stupid, he knows what the most important division is.

Kicktheball
28-06-2019, 11:06 AM
Many of the leagues fields are still closed and soaked through. Any chance of teams playing?

Roundball Enthusiast
28-06-2019, 01:05 PM
Many of the leagues fields are still closed and soaked through. Any chance of teams playing?

Have heard Marylands was still underwater on Thursday morning, so probably unlikely to get on.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
28-06-2019, 04:44 PM

Novocastrian Oval still underwater, so it has just been organised (about 5 minutes ago) that New Lambton v Westlakes will move out to Rathmines on Sunday.

Incognito mosquito
28-06-2019, 06:25 PM
Rd 12

3rds

With the amount of catch up games some teams will have it will be difficult to keep track of all these predictions.

A special thanks to New Lambton too for being flexible with the venue change to allow this weeks fixture to potentially go ahead.

Predictions

Stockton v Wallsend - Draw
Stockton coming off a game I’m assuming they felt they could win v Wallsend with nearly the comeback of a lifetime. I say the sharks will be too hungry to lose but not good enough to win.
- Stockton to score the last goal

Jeso v Uni - Uni
Uni will be too fit and too good.
- Uni by 3 or more

Cooks Hill v Azzuri - Draw
Before last weeks result I would have backed Azzuri in a tight one. I can’t see them losing but feel this will be too tight to call.
- Most goals at the discus goal end and Butch for MoM

Westlakes v New Lambton - WL
I’m going to say the change in venue will swing the odds in the favour of WL. Seeing as this is our away game, will we give NL the home sheds? Who knows, all I know is this game will be tighter than a nuns nasties.
- WL by 1

Maryland have certainly closed some gaps in their defence of late. I think Suburbs will open them back up.
- Suburbs to score more in the first half than second. 1 goal to be a header and Maryland scoreless.

Good luck to all hope it is a blind melon weekend so some football can be had

Retro Jet
29-06-2019, 05:50 PM
Rd 12

3rds

With the amount of catch up games some teams will have it will be difficult to keep track of all these predictions.

A special thanks to New Lambton too for being flexible with the venue change to allow this weeks fixture to potentially go ahead.

Predictions

Before last weeks result I would have backed Azzuri in a tight one. I can’t see them losing but feel this will be too tight to call.

$ Chi ching $
You win the kewpie doll...or
A mars bar and a can of coke (or...if you're Local (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOtpgz4L5d8):- I can I can't)

Cooks Hill v Hamilton
Athfield
3rds C/Hill 1 v Hamilton 4
Res C/Hill 0 v Hamilton 3
1st C/Hill 1 v Hamilton 1

pv4
29-06-2019, 08:36 PM
$ Chi ching $
You win the kewpie doll...or
A mars bar and a can of coke (or...if you're Local (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOtpgz4L5d8):- I can I can't)

Cooks Hill v Hamilton
Athfield
3rds C/Hill 1 v Hamilton 4
Res C/Hill 0 v Hamilton 3
1st C/Hill 1 v Hamilton 1

But.. Azzurri won

Retro Jet
29-06-2019, 08:43 PM
But.. Azzurri won

Sorry...didn't read top lines.

Was looking at the money game; the one that counts lol

la bazzle
29-06-2019, 08:44 PM
Sorry...didn't read top lines.

Was looking at the money game; the one that counts lol

Yeah mate we won that one 4-1?

pv4
29-06-2019, 08:48 PM
Yeah mate we won that one 4-1?

You're slipping, RJ

Retro Jet
29-06-2019, 09:23 PM
You're slipping, RJ

Yeah...guilty as charged.
Don't really come here apart to post scores...occasionally.
Backtracked and yeah, now I get it.
TL;DR some of it. Consider me a 1st grade snob.

Sorry lads but atm, it's the ZPL thread ftw, although cred to ZL1 for going head to head with
ZPL on the thread the page count :thumbsup:

la bazzle
29-06-2019, 09:45 PM

Sorry lads but atm, it's the ZPL thread ftw, although cred to ZL1 for going head to head with

Got to agree it’s brilliant over there. I wish I knew enough about it to join in. Just trying to hang in there on the pages atm

pv4
29-06-2019, 10:11 PM

I did not know any other threads were still going tbh

NUGUNS
30-06-2019, 08:45 AM
Maryland vs Suburbs washed out.

Incognito mosquito
30-06-2019, 05:55 PM
Westlakes v New Lambton

3rds 1-1
Res 0-0
1st 4-2 WL

3rds
-Westlakes opened the scoring with a header and went into the break 1-0 up. Both sides missing good chances through out the game and NL chipping the keeper with about 15 to go to level it. I think only 1 Westlakes player got a yellow and at least 1 NL player.

Res
- Match got delayed when a WL player fell awkwardly after contesting a header about 20-25 mins in the first half. Everyone at the ground looked after him and thanks to NL for assisting where possible. Game resumed on the bottom field after some quick setting up and 30 mins of the second half was played.

1sts
1-0 at HT to Westlakes and went up 3-0 with about 20 mins to go. NL keeping it interesting with 2 well finished goals from the counter.

Kicktheball
01-07-2019, 08:49 AM
Safe to say -
Azzuri, Cookers and Westlakes will be 1,2,3
The fourth spot is anyone’s at this stage, latest results making it a very interesting fight for the 4th spot.

the_butcher
01-07-2019, 10:07 AM

Bad news: Most goals were not scored at the discus end (2, one for each team), three were scored at the other end.

Good news: Butch was MOTM

the_butcher
01-07-2019, 10:14 AM
Hopefully we don't get beaten by the wet weather. The world need's its fix of the greatest division of football in existence.

Stockton vs Wallsend: Both teams haven't won in the last 5 matches. Wallsend have lost 4 and won 1 whilst Stockton have drawn 4 and lost 1. The Sharks will FINALLY be able to sing their team song again. Sharks to win the match officially, Wallsend to win with a +1.5 start.

Jesmond vs Uni: Uni need to start putting these teams to the sword if they want to be considered a top team in the world's best division. Jesmond are playing for nothing. Uni to win and do so by an even amount of goals. I'd go something a bit more exotic but I don't think we have any Uni or Jesmond people on here to confirm any of our more outrageous markets.

Cooks Hill vs Azzurri: Azzurri's defense is leaking like an old tap all of a sudden. Cooks Hill to win by a goal.

Maryland vs Suburbs: Maryland haven't conceded more then 4 in a game in at least their last 5 games. Unfortunately they will this week. Suburbs to win with a -4 start.

NL vs WL: NL semi finals hopes are hanging by a thread. They need to win this to keep the dream alive. NL to win, no more than one yellow card in the match.

Stockton vs Wallsend: Wallsend pick up a much deserved win. 0 points

Jesmond vs Uni: HUGE result here for Jesmond to get a draw against a strongly backed Uni side. Uni holidays play a part maybe? 0 points

Cooks Hill vs Azzurri: To be honest, Azzurri's defense was as solid as a rock and probably deserved to have won 4-0 if not for a very soft penalty given to CH. 0 points

Maryland vs Suburbs: WASHED OUT

NL vs WL: Good result for Moz's troops. Moz also reports that there was more than one yellow so that means.... 0 points

After a solid couple of weeks of tipping I have come crashing back down to Earth in spectacular fashion.

TOTAL: 0 POINTS (pending Suburbs vs Maryland catch up game)

idontwannaplaywithhowey
01-07-2019, 10:37 AM
Cheers to Westlakes for hosting us Sunday, much better than having to play midweek catch ups.
All the best to the fella from reggies too, hopefully nothing too serious.

la bazzle
01-07-2019, 11:00 AM
Ok....... I really need this one.

If games aren't washed out, although very likely:

Stockton v Wallsend - Wallsend

Wallsend to win comfortably after their almost come back against Azzurri - Atleast one goal to Parra (Dan will know)

Wallsend win! 0.5 awaiting confirmaiton from Dan if Parra scored

Jesmond v Uni - Uni

Closer than we think - Uni to win by a margin no more than 2

Shock of the year 0-0 and 0 points

Cooks Hill v Azzurri - Draw

Game of the round - season defining for both teams..... I should get extra points for this prediciton......

0-0

Poor tip 0 pts

Suburbs to win scoring at least double the goals in the second half as they do in the first

Washed out

New Lambton v Westlake - Draw

This ones for Moz...... Westlake to score last

Draw 0.5 pts.... Westlake scored first :angry:

Massive 1 point

la bazzle
01-07-2019, 11:06 AM
Parra didn't score :angry:

the_butcher
01-07-2019, 11:12 AM
Parra didn't score :angry:

I thought that was a sure thing!

the_butcher
01-07-2019, 01:00 PM
There's definitely going to be some twists and turns in the title race. Even Westlakes and Suburbs who are sitting last and second last have the potential to beat anyone on their day.

Just as interesting will be the battle to avoid relegation. Very hard to fathom clubs like Suburbs or Westlakes going down. Still a very long way to go, though.

Anyone brave enough to make a prediction this early on?

New Lambton.

The battle to #survivethedrop is probably more exciting than the battle for promotion.

Mathematically, every team besides Azzurri and CH could still be relegated. Jesmond beating Uni on the weekend goes a long way to them avoiding the dreaded double drop. Uni play Stockton this weekend in what is probably the match of the round in the #survivethedrop excitement stakes.

I think we can safely rule out WL, NL and Maryland. That leaves Wallsend, Suburbs, Stockton, Uni and Jesmond.

Personally, I think Wallsend and Suburbs easily have the quality to keep them up. Stockton, Uni and Jesmond however, are a flip of the coin.

Uni have Stockton this week and Wallsend the next. If they don't pick up points in those game, I think they are toast because I can't see them getting anything from their final 4 games (WL, Burbs, Azzurri, CH).

Uni are my favourites for the spoon. What do others think?

Macca
01-07-2019, 01:17 PM
Safe to say -
Azzuri, Cookers and Westlakes will be 1,2,3
The fourth spot is anyone’s at this stage, latest results making it a very interesting fight for the 4th spot.

I think the top 2 is safe - after that everything is still well and truly up for grabs.
We would be disappointed if we weren't able to make 3rd our own and make up for our disappointing start to the season, but definitely not taking anything for granted.

Cheers to Westlakes for hosting us Sunday, much better than having to play midweek catch ups.
All the best to the fella from reggies too, hopefully nothing too serious.

Thanks to you guys as well, as you said, much better to get the game done on the weekend than have the catchup game hanging over everyone's heads. Much appreciated.
I believe the latest is high grade ligament tear - he's in a moon boot and looks like he has a baseball for an ankle.

Tend to agree with you Butch, I was actually prepping to take a punt on Stocko but after having a quick squiz at the results, I think I'm gonna say Jesmond - they have a tough run home having already played Uni, Stocko and Wallsend this round.

Still anyone's game for both relegation and finals, pretty cracking comp this year.

pv4
01-07-2019, 01:20 PM
Honestly for last place I can't see how you guys can look past Maryland.

the_butcher
01-07-2019, 01:38 PM
Honestly for last place I can't see how you guys can look past Maryland.

Why's that? They are 5 points clear of last with a game in hand... or have I missed a joke?

Bon
01-07-2019, 01:39 PM
Why's that? They are 5 points clear of last with a game in hand... or have I missed a joke?

I could be wrong, but I think you missed that he was predicting it based on the ultimate division, third grade.. haha

la bazzle
01-07-2019, 02:04 PM

Poor from you here Butchell

TXK
01-07-2019, 02:09 PM

Uh oh, has Butch been had here?

TXK
01-07-2019, 02:15 PM
Massive 1 point

Hang in there La Bazzle, always remember that Steven Bradbury has an Olympic gold medal hanging on his wall somewhere. Anything can happen.

the_butcher
01-07-2019, 02:23 PM
I could be wrong, but I think you missed that he was predicting it based on the ultimate division, third grade.. haha

Uh oh, has Butch been had here?

I've absolutely been done here :rof: Brilliant from PV4, poor from the master of the meat cleaver. I'll blame it on a big weekend, the brain is mush.

Incognito mosquito
01-07-2019, 04:10 PM
Rd 12

3rds

Predictions

Stockton v Wallsend - Draw
Stockton coming off a game I’m assuming they felt they could win v Wallsend with nearly the comeback of a lifetime. I say the sharks will be too hungry to lose but not good enough to win.
- Stockton to score the last goal

Jeso v Uni - Uni
Uni will be too fit and too good.
- Uni by 3 or more

Westlakes v New Lambton - WL
I’m going to say the change in venue will swing the odds in the favour of WL. Seeing as this is our away game, will we give NL the home sheds? Who knows, all I know is this game will be tighter than a nuns nasties.
- WL by 1

Maryland have certainly closed some gaps in their defence of late. I think Suburbs will open them back up.
- Suburbs to score more in the first half than second. 1 goal to be a header and Maryland scoreless.

Stockton v Wallsend 0.5
- confirmed through a reliable source that Stockton scored the last goal of the match

Jesmond v Uni 0
- no goals no points

Cooks Hill v Azzuri 0
- Congrats on the MoM Butch. Shame both sides couldn’t put a few more away in the discuss end.

WL v New Lambton 0
- Was looking on track for a big one pointer until a well finished chip from outside the box brought us back to level pegging. NL having a shot cleared off the line too could feel hard done by

Maryland v Suburbs (washout)

Total 0.5 pitiful performance

pv4
01-07-2019, 04:30 PM
Cooks Hill v Azzuri 0
- Congrats on the MoM Butch. Shame both sides couldn’t put a few more away in the discuss end.

Would TXK please confirm if this is in fact 0 points, or does Moz get 0.25 for the Butch MoM call?

Once confirmed I will update the Ladder, and I will leave it to yall to alert me to catchup games score updates in future.

the_butcher
01-07-2019, 04:31 PM
WL v New Lambton 0
- Was looking on track for a big one pointer until a well finished chip from outside the box brought us back to level pegging. NL having a shot cleared off the line too could feel hard done by

What about the home shed situation?

pv4
01-07-2019, 04:31 PM
I've absolutely been done here :rof: Brilliant from PV4, poor from the master of the meat cleaver. I'll blame it on a big weekend, the brain is mush.

I believe in the Azzurri language, the phrase is you got got.

the_butcher
01-07-2019, 04:33 PM
Would TXK please confirm if this is in fact 0 points, or does Moz get 0.25 for the Butch MoM call?

Once confirmed I will update the Ladder, and I will leave it to yall to alert me to catchup games score updates in future.

I actually think it's 0.5. He never tipped a result, just went for most goals at the discus end and butch MOTM didn't he?

Sideline
01-07-2019, 04:47 PM
Stockton vs Wallsend: Wallsend pick up a much deserved win. 0 points

Jesmond vs Uni: HUGE result here for Jesmond to get a draw against a strongly backed Uni side. Uni holidays play a part maybe? 0 points

Cooks Hill vs Azzurri: To be honest, Azzurri's defense was as solid as a rock and probably deserved to have won 4-0 if not for a very soft penalty given to CH. 0 points

Maryland vs Suburbs: WASHED OUT

NL vs WL: Good result for Moz's troops. Moz also reports that there was more than one yellow so that means.... 0 points

After a solid couple of weeks of tipping I have come crashing back down to Earth in spectacular fashion.

TOTAL: 0 POINTS (pending Suburbs vs Maryland catch up game)

Finally got to encounter my first Azzurri match on the weekend and i was not dissapointed to see what i was expecting, some very good players out on the park but that was for cookers as well entertaining games across the day

Agreed with above and rock solid 3rd grade defense however thought it was a bit odd that the reserve grade keeper was also the 3rds ? He looked to be certainly a step above that. So not sure what was doing there injurys or short perhaps anyone care to chime in ?

Some absolute scenes with a player running from halfway to put a tackle on the azzurri goalkeeper ? Sent immedietly and rightly so not to sure the circumstances behind it but was cetainly bizarre

Reserve grade was a game of 2 halfs and was very entertaining to watch some players on both squad at 1st grade level.
Again another red car in this game for a dangerous tackle which looked very poor from where i was sitting

Main game was also entertaining which could of gone either way. By the looks of the pitch it probably didnt suit either team with its condition.

However both of these squads are absolute quality and would not look out of place in newfm

Cheers to both squads for providing me a great weekend of football to watch with most matches washed out on saturday

Incognito mosquito
01-07-2019, 05:13 PM
I actually think it's 0.5. He never tipped a result, just went for most goals at the discus end and butch MOTM didn't he?

I went for a draw as the result. With my exotics I went for a bold double play.. which was risky. I feel the point scoring goes .5 for result .5 for exotics so I needed both to play off. I know in the early stages .25s were given but I feel we have evolved from that stage. Happy to cop the 0

Incognito mosquito
01-07-2019, 05:14 PM
What about the home shed situation?

We selfishly kept our home sheds in the hope that it would rattle the NL players... It did not.

pv4
01-07-2019, 07:16 PM
I went for a draw as the result. With my exotics I went for a bold double play.. which was risky. I feel the point scoring goes .5 for result .5 for exotics so I needed both to play off. I know in the early stages .25s were given but I feel we have evolved from that stage. Happy to cop the 0

TXK will be able to confirm, but..

My understanding of the points system was 0.5 points went into the result, and 0.5 went into the exotics. I don't see it outrageous to split exotics into max 2 sections, particularly as it has been done before. Every point counts in trying to make sure labazzurri doesn't Bradbury this.

But again, I am openly just too bias against Jesmond to make decisions on the competition itself whilst not ruining its integrity.

TXK
01-07-2019, 07:46 PM
TXK will be able to confirm, but..

My understanding of the points system was 0.5 points went into the result, and 0.5 went into the exotics. I don't see it outrageous to split exotics into max 2 sections, particularly as it has been done before. Every point counts in trying to make sure labazzurri doesn't Bradbury this.

But again, I am openly just too bias against Jesmond to make decisions on the competition itself whilst not ruining its integrity.

I’m happy to award the 0.25 points. Mossie tipped Butch MoM and Butch got MoM. A correct tip and Mossie doesn’t deserve to walk away with nothing.

Incognito mosquito
01-07-2019, 08:45 PM
I’m happy to award the 0.25 points. Mossie tipped Butch MoM and Butch got MoM. A correct tip and Mossie doesn’t deserve to walk away with nothing.

Well if all parties agree to the terms I’m happy to accept the .25 points.

la bazzle
01-07-2019, 10:53 PM
Well if all parties agree to the terms I’m happy to accept the .25 points.

Confirmed

pv4
02-07-2019, 07:28 AM

Thankyou for confirming, TXK.

Updated Ladder below. I would like to congratulate labazzurri on winning his/her first Head to Head round!

http://i65.tinypic.com/o0vzbn.png

idontwannaplaywithhowey
02-07-2019, 10:26 AM
The battle to #survivethedrop is probably more exciting than the battle for promotion.

Mathematically, every team besides Azzurri and CH could still be relegated. Jesmond beating Uni on the weekend goes a long way to them avoiding the dreaded double drop. Uni play Stockton this weekend in what is probably the match of the round in the #survivethedrop excitement stakes.

I think we can safely rule out WL, NL and Maryland. That leaves Wallsend, Suburbs, Stockton, Uni and Jesmond.

Personally, I think Wallsend and Suburbs easily have the quality to keep them up. Stockton, Uni and Jesmond however, are a flip of the coin.

Uni have Stockton this week and Wallsend the next. If they don't pick up points in those game, I think they are toast because I can't see them getting anything from their final 4 games (WL, Burbs, Azzurri, CH).

Uni are my favourites for the spoon. What do others think?

Its very difficult to pick.
Azzurri and Cookers a class above the rest, and I would add that Westlakes are alone in the next tier.
After that, the teams from 4-10 are all of very similar quality, so depending on anyone's run (whether it be good or bad) any team could grab 4th or finish 10th in my opinion. That last 4 game run for Uni is brutal though.

Roundball Enthusiast
02-07-2019, 12:52 PM
Massive few weeks for Suburb(s).

2 potential mid-week catch up games as well as normal weekend games to come.

With the weather predicted to return this week, could we see more washouts and more midweek games determining the season???

la bazzle
02-07-2019, 07:40 PM
Massive few weeks for Suburb(s).

2 potential mid-week catch up games as well as normal weekend games to come.

With the weather predicted to return this week, could we see more washouts and more midweek games determining the season???

Pretty simple equation for burbs this week. Lose thirds, win or draw 1sts and ressies. Easy

Roundball Enthusiast
02-07-2019, 08:49 PM
Pretty simple equation for burbs this week. Lose thirds, win or draw 1sts and ressies. Easy

But if they do that, people might accuse them of stacking the lower grades to ensure they win some medals?

la bazzle
03-07-2019, 09:36 AM
But if they do that, people might accuse them of stacking the lower grades to ensure they win some medals?

Well played :rof:

Side note I have always been a fan of stacking, good for the game.

Bon
03-07-2019, 09:38 AM
Side note I have always been a fan of stacking, good for the game.

We know, mate.. :gent:

Actually, we are still waiting for the $$$ from the Burger King sponsorship to come through..

la bazzle
03-07-2019, 10:08 AM
We know, mate.. :gent:

Actually, we are still waiting for the $$$ from the Burger King sponsorship to come through..

:rof::lulzturtle:

the_butcher
03-07-2019, 12:50 PM
thought it was a bit odd that the reserve grade keeper was also the 3rds ? He looked to be certainly a step above that. So not sure what was doing there injurys or short perhaps anyone care to chime in ?

Some absolute scenes with a player running from halfway to put a tackle on the azzurri goalkeeper ? Sent immedietly and rightly so not to sure the circumstances behind it but was cetainly bizarre

Fella that played Thirds and Rezzies is our Thirds keeper (he's absolutely class), Rezzies' keeper out injured.

"Bizarre" is certainly the correct word for it. Was one of the stupidest things I've seen on a football field and I've seen quite a few. What you saw was exactly what happened, no back story to it.

the_butcher
03-07-2019, 01:29 PM
Huge questions being asked this week such as "will Butch actually get a correct tip this weekend?" "Will Moz select multiple exotics?" and "Will Labazzle continue to climb the ladder in the Top Flight Tipping Comp?"... all this and more on this edition of Make Thirds Great Again:

Westlakes vs Jesmond: This will be a tough game. DRAW and all goals scored inside the box.

Cooks Hill vs Wallsend: Wallsend will head into this match will a spring in their step after knocking over Stockton last week. Cooks Hill on the other hand face a tough week having been beaten convincing by Azzurri and then having to back up tonight against the mighty burbs (which cooks hills will lose). The good news for CH is that they will win this match and Burbs will beat New Lambton so they will be almost guaranteed to be playing finals football this year. Cooks Hill to win. Cooks Hill Reserve Grade will score double or more goals than their third grade side.

Uni vs Stockton: Uni's result last week against Jesmond sent shock waves around the nation. Luckily they face the sharkies who have been poor to say the least this year. Uni will win this, that much is guaranteed. Uni to win, Uni will not have a goal scorer whose last name starts with a letter in the second half of the alphabet (N-Z).

Suburbs vs New Lambton: No question that burbs will win this. They will also have a minimum of three different goal scorers.

Azzurri vs Maryland: Azzurri to win. Brad Henderson to score a hat trick.

the_butcher
03-07-2019, 01:33 PM
In terms of the grade that no one cares about, my tip for the 5 game multi is that all home teams will win this week.

Bon
03-07-2019, 01:39 PM

Just a quick reminder of the three punts that were put on tonights catch up match..

Roundball Enthusiast
03-07-2019, 01:47 PM
Just a quick reminder of the three punts that were put on tonights catch up match..

Which will be a washout. Calling it 5 hours out from the most important grade in world football's kick off.

Bon
03-07-2019, 01:50 PM
Which will be a washout. Calling it 5 hours out from the most important grade in world football's kick off.

I see its raining over part of the lake, but any coming down in Newy?
Bugger all out here in Maito.. No rain either..

la bazzle
03-07-2019, 01:51 PM
This will be the round that gets me back - so strategically I'll need to go some different results to Butch for a hail mary shot.

Westlake v Jesmond - West

This is a season definer - Westlakes win this they keep up with 4th. Lose and I'm afraid it's no finals this year. Most goals scored in the second half

Cooks Hill v Wallsend - Draw

Wallsend are the form team at the moment and I'm predicting it to continue. CH with the equaliser

Uni v Stockton - Uni

Uni have been on a decline and I believe it's still Uni holidays? But Stockton have not been good of late.
Atleast one goal from a corner

Suburbs v New Lambton - New Lambton

SHOCK OF THE ROUND!!!! New Lambton to win and there be 3+ yellow cards in the game

Azzurri v Maryland - Azzurri

La Baz to score

la bazzle
03-07-2019, 01:52 PM
I see its raining over part of the lake, but any coming down in Newy?
Bugger all out here in Maito.. No rain either..

I'm in Watt St, she's raining. Nervous for this evening now

la bazzle
03-07-2019, 01:53 PM

2 goals from corners. Doubting it now

Bon
03-07-2019, 01:54 PM
I'm in Watt St, she's raining. Nervous for this evening now

Arrrgh sh!t..
Where is Retro Jet to give us the Cooks Hill perspective of chance of playing?

Macca
03-07-2019, 03:42 PM
Predictions for the new underdog grade of the battlers (First grade)
Some games may be washed out or affected by potential existing catchup games.

Westlakes vs Jesmond - Hopefully our good home form of late can continue this weekend
CH vs Wallsend - I think Cookers will be too good.
Uni vs Stockton - Big game for both teams, I'm going with a draw.
Suburb vs NL - Big game with both teams looking to make a run at finals. Tough one but will go Gardo.
Azzurri vs Maryland - League leaders should take this one

Kicktheball
03-07-2019, 04:28 PM
If this rain sticks around, there will not be any games being played. How are clubs fields looking?

ICEBERG10
03-07-2019, 04:35 PM
The home of the Cats looks good as always but even it can only take so much rain.

Kicktheball
03-07-2019, 04:36 PM
Could be another round of mid week catch ups. DISSAPOINTING

la bazzle
03-07-2019, 08:47 PM
The big match would almost be finished now. I’m nervous. Two goals from corners was asking a little much.

la bazzle
03-07-2019, 08:50 PM
Could be another round of mid week catch ups. DISSAPOINTING

Terrible for our squad if its off this weekend

Roundball Enthusiast
03-07-2019, 11:56 PM
The big match would almost be finished now. I’m nervous. Two goals from corners was asking a little much.

Thirds 3-1 CH.
0-1 after 3/4 mins to Suburb.
No goals from corners

Reserves
1-1
0-1 to Suburb after 3/4 mins

1-1 in red cards

la bazzle
04-07-2019, 09:22 AM
Thirds 3-1 CH.
No goals from corners

So thats 0 points to Baz

0.5 to Butch

Annnnnnd 0.5 to Moz :thumbsup:

la bazzle
04-07-2019, 09:23 AM
Reserves
1-1
0-1 to Suburb after 3/4 mins

1-1 in red cards

Was it you?

Roundball Enthusiast
04-07-2019, 10:13 AM
Was it you?

naaaa but maybe ask Premy who it was :rof:

Bon
04-07-2019, 10:17 AM
Thirds 3-1 CH.
No goals from corners

Thoroughly deserved win from Cookers, credit to them..
They came out wanting and chasing everything, whereas we looked like a bunch of blokes who had spent all arvo assuming the game would be called off..

the_butcher
04-07-2019, 11:02 AM
Thoroughly deserved win from Cookers, credit to them..
They came out wanting and chasing everything, whereas we looked like a bunch of blokes who had spent all arvo assuming the game would be called off..

+ no Joe Sommerville :(

the_butcher
04-07-2019, 12:23 PM
HUGE result last night for The Azzurri with Burbs losing. Can the Sky Blues pop the champagne yet?

Greens
04-07-2019, 12:29 PM
HUGE result last night for The Azzurri with Burbs losing. Can the Sky Blues pop the champagne yet?

Still 18 points up for grabs. Don't get ahead of yourself.

No one talking about the reserve grade result last night? Azzuri probably happy with that result as well.

la bazzle
04-07-2019, 12:43 PM
The contenders in the run home, 6 games remaining in the big league. The run home. I didn't include draws because my maths is terrible. Uni have the hardest end to the season playing all the other contenders in the last three games.

Azzurri 34pts:

Maryland, New Lambton, Jesmond, Stockton, Uni, Westlakes

Garden Suburbs 25pts (game remaining, theyll win that hence 25):

Need Azzurri to lose 3 and make up goal difference of 24

New Lambton, Jesmond, Stockton, Uni, WestLakes, Wallsend

Uni 23pts:

Need Azzurri to lose 4

Stockton, Wallsend, WestLakes, Suburbs, Azzurri, Cooks Hill

Cooks Hill 22pts:

Need Azzurri to lose 4/6 and make up goal difference of 27

Wallsend, Maryland, New Lambton, Jesmond, stockton, Uni

Battle of finals to be decided this week imo - New Lambton and Westlakes need to win to remain any chance. Cooks Hill Unlikely to drop points to Maryland, Jesmond and Stockton

Incognito mosquito
04-07-2019, 12:58 PM
Rd 13

3rds

A lot can happen in a few days on here. I’ve got a lot of catching up to do. I do enjoy the multiple exotics so that trend will continue.

My predictions for this weekends pending washout and replays are as follows.

Westlakes v Jesmond - Westlakes
One of the fan favourites of Westlakes (not me) will be celebrating his 200th match this weekend. My tip is that Mr 200 will score and Westlakes to win by 2.

Cookshill v Wallsend - Draw
Wallsend seem to be on the up. Cooks hill are too good for them but I reckon last nights game may have taken a bit of juice out of them.
- Cooks hill to never be behind in the game

Uni v Stockton - Uni
The field will be too big for Stockton and they will run out of pep.
- Uni by 3+

Suburbs v NL - Suburbs
Could be a danger game for Suburbs considering they’re latest result and backing up from mid week. I think they will bounce back but it will be like the Russian ballerina, Shnizentite.
- Suburbs by 1

Maryland v Azzuri - Azzuri
God may save the queen but he won’t be able to do much for Maryland this week I’m afraid.
- 2x assist to Baz, 1x goal Butch and Azzuri by 5+ (all 3 to occur or no points on this exotic)

Incognito mosquito
04-07-2019, 01:04 PM
The contenders in the run home, 6 games remaining in the big league. The run home. I didn't include draws because my maths is terrible. Uni have the hardest end to the season playing all the other contenders in the last three games.

Azzurri 34pts:

Maryland, New Lambton, Jesmond, Stockton, Uni, Westlakes

Garden Suburbs 25pts (game remaining, theyll win that hence 25):

Need Azzurri to lose 3 and make up goal difference of 24

New Lambton, Jesmond, Stockton, Uni, WestLakes, Wallsend

Uni 23pts:

Need Azzurri to lose 4

Stockton, Wallsend, WestLakes, Suburbs, Azzurri, Cooks Hill

Cooks Hill 22pts:

Need Azzurri to lose 4/6 and make up goal difference of 27

Wallsend, Maryland, New Lambton, Jesmond, stockton, Uni

Battle of finals to be decided this week imo - New Lambton and Westlakes need to win to remain any chance. Cooks Hill Unlikely to drop points to Maryland, Jesmond and Stockton

Nice write up Baz, I’d say the top 4 could pretty well consider themselves safe barring a massive collapse. I think the WL v NL result on the weekend just gone was all bar the final nail in the coffin for both sides. But we remain hopeful that a few teams above tread on banana peels.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
04-07-2019, 01:16 PM
Nice write up Baz, I’d say the top 4 could pretty well consider themselves safe barring a massive collapse. I think the WL v NL result on the weekend just gone was all bar the final nail in the coffin for both sides. But we remain hopeful that a few teams above tread on banana peels.

I would agree. We at New Lambton were aware we need to win v those teams around us, and draws with Westlakes and Stocko pretty much put us out of the reckoning.
We play 3 of the Top 4 in the next 3 weeks, and needed to go into those games putting some pressure on them, as they are clearly a higher standard. Not to be, so for me, Top 4 is sorted.
And Azzurri can pretty much pop the champagne as well, there is no chance they are letting their standard slip to the point where they lose half their remaining matches.

TXK
04-07-2019, 01:33 PM
Likelihood of Suburb vs. Cooks Hill 1st grade catchup going ahead tonight?

Roundball Enthusiast
04-07-2019, 03:02 PM

Reasonable, but have fun playing on it for anyone visiting for the rest of the season. Its worse than Suburb's used to be.

Kicktheball
04-07-2019, 03:27 PM
Produce one for first grade le bazzle! Great insight

boz-monaut
04-07-2019, 03:47 PM
Council have closed National Park, so our juniors and all age games for tonight have been postponed

no update on the Athfield yet - keep checking Councils website for updates

Bon
04-07-2019, 03:49 PM
Council have closed National Park, so our juniors and all age games for tonight have been postponed

no update on the Athfield yet - keep checking Councils website for updates

Just got the word that 1st grade tonight is OFF..

boz-monaut
04-07-2019, 04:06 PM
Just got the word that 1st grade tonight is OFF..can confirm this too

TXK
04-07-2019, 05:05 PM
can confirm this too

Thanks mate!

Buddha
04-07-2019, 05:08 PM
5 points separating Maryland in 5th from Uni in 10th for the race to #survivethedrop!

Retro Jet
04-07-2019, 08:14 PM
Sorry peeps. I called it.
Shoulda posted here.
Yep...I'm slipping...in me 'old' age.

Went looking for you last night Bon.
Didn't stick around for the slag fest in Ressies??
:rof:

Thisisfootball
06-07-2019, 09:54 AM
Are there any games on today or all washouts?

boz-monaut
06-07-2019, 10:48 AM
Athletics Field is closed today

Incognito mosquito
06-07-2019, 05:25 PM
Westlakes v Jesmond

3rds 2-5
(1-2 HT) Jesmond scoring outside of the box, Mr 200 no goals,

Res 2-0
1st 4-1

Tough day for our 3rds playing one of our worst games on a milestone match for one of the boys. Tougher day for Jesmond with atleast 2 players playing all 3 games and multiple playing in 2.

la bazzle
06-07-2019, 08:01 PM
Westlakes v Jesmond

3rds 2-5
(1-2 HT) Jesmond scoring outside of the box, Mr 200 no goals,

Res 2-0
1st 4-1

Tough day for our 3rds playing one of our worst games on a milestone match for one of the boys. Tougher day for Jesmond with atleast 2 players playing all 3 games and multiple playing in 2.

Sorry it was no good for you boys. Not sorry most goals were scored in the second half haha

Incognito mosquito
06-07-2019, 10:01 PM
Sorry it was no good for you boys. Not sorry most goals were scored in the second half haha

Haha, I was pretty filthy that we lost but equally filthy that I got 0 points from this tip and knew i’d given up points

oneeye
07-07-2019, 09:37 AM
So apparently the worst ground in Newcastle (Smith Park) is open today ?

Roundball Enthusiast
07-07-2019, 12:15 PM
Suburb v New Lambton is off.

TXK
07-07-2019, 07:51 PM
Azzurri vs. Maryland
Firsts: 7 - 1
Res: 1 - 1
Thirds: 8 - 0

Kicktheball
08-07-2019, 05:15 PM
Any washouts scheduled for this week?
Westlakes finding some serious form, are Fletcher in a crisis?

TXK
08-07-2019, 06:39 PM
Any washouts scheduled for this week?
Westlakes finding some serious form, are Fletcher in a crisis?

I heard a rumour Piggott has jumped ship after yesterday. Can anyone confirm?

Kicktheball
10-07-2019, 05:48 PM
I heard a rumour Piggott has jumped ship after yesterday. Can anyone confirm?

Poor form if he has. Got to take the good with the bad In this league.

Who wins this weekend and why? Predictions.

TXK
12-07-2019, 09:26 AM
Wallsend vs Azzurri First Grade catch up last night ended 2-0 to Azzurri.

Roundball Enthusiast
12-07-2019, 03:07 PM
Boys working overtime to get their "Just a spectator shield" submissions in! Going to be a wild weekend.

Incognito mosquito
12-07-2019, 07:19 PM
Boys working overtime to get their "Just a spectator shield" submissions in! Going to be a wild weekend.

Just been doing some last minute study and scoping out the latest weather updates on the BoM before submitting this weeks predictions but here they are.

3rds
NL v Azzuri (AZZURI)
After the latest good news from the NCIP results I imagine they will celebrate with a goal scoring fiesta at New Lambtona expense.
- More than 5 goals in the Match

Stockton v Westlakes (WL)
After the windy last couple of days I am expecting it to be howling out at Shark park. The wind brings out the weirdos and Stockton is full of them.
- WL by 1 and >4 yellow cards in the match

Jeso v Suburbs (Suburbs)
Big win for Jeso last week in thirds. I can’t see them winning this week. Suburbs too classy.
- Most goals in the second half

Uni v Wallsend (Wallsend)
Wallsend will knuckle down and play out a tough low scoring game.
- less than 3 goals in the game

Maryland v CooksHill (CooksHill)
As always, I love the under dog story as much as the next man but this is just a bridge too far for MaryLand.
- More than 6.5 Corners for CooksHill.. and if that can’t be confirmed same scenario for goals (not a multi)

Good luck to all hope we get a full round on this weekend .

Roundball Enthusiast
13-07-2019, 11:45 AM
Easy points for Incognito this weekend with the only submission for the round!!!

pv4
13-07-2019, 01:13 PM
Easy points for Incognito this weekend with the only submission for the round!!!

You're obviously not too good a spectator, otherwise you would have noticed by now that there is no such thing as an "easy point" in this competition..

TXK
13-07-2019, 05:55 PM
New Lambton vs. Azzurri

Firsts: 0 - 2
Res: 0 - 4
Thirds: 0 - 4

Roundball Enthusiast
13-07-2019, 05:57 PM
You're obviously not too good a spectator, otherwise you would have noticed by now that there is no such thing as an "easy point" in this competition..

Don’t know what you’re talking about.

He’s already got one point this round.

Jesmond vs Garden Suburb

Thirds
2-4 (0-2 halftime)

Reserves
1-3

First
0-4

Incognito mosquito
13-07-2019, 06:07 PM
Westlakes v Stockton

3rds
Res 2-0 (WL)
1sts 2-3 (Stockton)

Tough conditions out at Shark park with the wind living up to the BoM predictions. I’ll wait until 3rds is public knowledge to give my companions as much chance to put in their delayed predictions.

outsider
13-07-2019, 06:10 PM
Don’t know what you’re talking about.

He’s already got one point this round.

Jesmond vs Garden Suburb

Thirds
2-4 (0-2 halftime)

Reserves
1-3

First
0-4
What a wonderful day-only good thing was the Rogue Red

la bazzle
13-07-2019, 08:54 PM
Shit, in the motherland

Azzurri NL

4-0 blues

Stockton west lakes

Draw - over 4 goals

Cooks hill will win by 6+

Suburbs win by 2

amishpanda
14-07-2019, 01:36 AM
Uni v Wallsend

Thirds: 0-1 Wallsend
Reserves: 2-0 Uni
Firsts: 0-1 Wallsend

Incognito mosquito
14-07-2019, 07:02 PM
Westlakes v Stockton

3rds
Res 2-0 (WL)
1sts 2-3 (Stockton)

Tough conditions out at Shark park with the wind living up to the BoM predictions. I’ll wait until 3rds is public knowledge to give my companions as much chance to put in their delayed predictions.

3rds was 2-2
- Only 2 yellows 1 for each side

traffic light
14-07-2019, 07:14 PM
So apparently the worst ground in Newcastle (Smith Park) is open today ?

Hey leave them alone. The 3 str1pe ultras cant get a tap you know.

And its the best place in the land for the next academy. Mon council

la bazzle
15-07-2019, 10:13 AM
3rds was 2-2
- Only 2 yellows 1 for each side

Damn! Over four goals, not good enough with 4. Devo

TXK
15-07-2019, 10:45 AM
The table is absolute shambles to follow with all these catch-ups still to be played.

Any rescheduled matches getting played this week?

Bon
15-07-2019, 10:47 AM
The table is absolute shambles to follow with all these catch-ups still to be played.

Any rescheduled matches getting played this week?

Pretty sure Cookers vs Gardo 1st grade catchup is on this Wed night..

Gardo catchups against Maryland will be on July 31 and Aug 1st..

Kicktheball
15-07-2019, 11:02 AM
I believe Garden Suburbs have 3 games to catch up on?

Bon
15-07-2019, 11:05 AM
I believe Garden Suburbs have 3 games to catch up on?

Yeah, we have to play New Lambton as well..
Not quite sure when that is going to be..

TXK
15-07-2019, 11:08 AM
Pretty sure Cookers vs Gardo 1st grade catchup is on this Wed night..

Gardo catchups against Maryland will be on July 31 and Aug 1st..

Cheers Bon!

Your boys win your catch-ups and you’ll be extremely well placed to push for/finish top four.

Next 5 weeks are going to be very intriguing.

Roundball Enthusiast
15-07-2019, 12:06 PM
Have heard Maryland have all but given up on first grade and are stacking Reserves. Shame if true. Given they can still end up being relegated.

Their first grade form and reserve grade form has taken a pretty significant swing in the last few rounds...

idontwannaplaywithhowey
15-07-2019, 01:00 PM
Yeah, we have to play New Lambton as well..
Not quite sure when that is going to be..

6th/7th August

Bon
15-07-2019, 01:01 PM
6th/7th August

Cheers mate..

Kicktheball
17-07-2019, 10:14 PM
Any results from the Cookers/Suburbs and Stockton/fletcher catch ups?

NUGUNS
17-07-2019, 10:19 PM
2 - 0 Cooks Hill

la bazzle
21-07-2019, 06:09 AM
Let’s take a moment to look at the grade no one really cares about. With cooks hills draw and Azzurri’s win we see a 7 pt gap open up between them. But nothing is one yet, there’s many a slip between a cup and a lip.

But the real hot contest is who will sneak in 4th!

3rd Westlake 23pts

The Lakians have an interesting run home I was going to lock them in for 3rd spot being 6 in front of 4th but with NL having 1 and Stockton 2 games in hand it could be interesting.
Wallsend 3pts, Suburbs 3pts, Azzurri 1 pt

4th New Lambton 17pts

After pushing Azzurri all the way and picking up a huge point to heavy hitters cooks hill, are they finding form? They also have a decent run home and haven’t lost to any of the teams they play. My pick to lock in 4th

Suburbs 1pt Maryland 3pts Wallsend 1pt Jesmond 3pts

5th Stockton 17 pts

Patchy form continues but unbeaten since cooks hill drubbing. Although they have a semi difficult run home

Azzurri 0pts cooks hill 0pts uni 3pts suburbs 1pt Maryland 3 pts

6th Wallsend 14pts

More because mathematically they can make it. I don’t think they will soz Dan

Cooks hill 0pts Maryland 3pts WestLakians 0pts New Lambton 1pt Suburbs 1 pt

Relegation battle

7th Maryland 14pts

If they didn’t have their half decent start they’d be gooooone. Conceded 20 goals in the last three games. A rudderless ship

Suburbs 0pts Wallsend 0pts NL 0pt Jesmond 0pts Stockton 0pts

8th Jesmond 11pts

I think they’ll avoid the dreaded double drop. But only just.

Suburbs 0pts cooks hill 0pts Maryland 3pt NL 0pts

9th Suburbs 10pts

Could be in relegation battle OR finals battle! Crazy with the rescheduled games with Suburbs only playing 11 games thus far. I thought they were pretty decent in all games vs us. In good news they avoid the two big boys on the run home.

Maryland 3pts NL 1pt Jesmond 3pts Stockton 1pt Uni 3pts Westlake 0pt Wallsend 1pt

10th Uni 9pts

Gone.

Stockton 0 Burbs 0 Azzurri 0 Cooks 0

la bazzle
21-07-2019, 07:09 AM
1&2 azzurri and cooks
3 West lake 30
4 NL 25
5 stocko 24
6 Burbs 22
7 Wallsend 19
8 Maryland 14
9 Jesmond 14
10 Uni 9

Kicktheball
21-07-2019, 08:24 AM
*Who will sneak into 3rd and 4th you mean... Westlakes are not secure yet.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
21-07-2019, 09:11 AM
Cooks hill v New Lambton:
1sts: 1-1
Res: 3-0 Cooks Hill
3rds: 2-1 New Lambton

TXK
21-07-2019, 05:28 PM
Azzurri vs. Jesmond

1st Grade: 5 - 1
Reserves: 4 - 0
Thirds: 2 - 1

amishpanda
21-07-2019, 09:11 PM
Wallsend v Fletcher Maryland

Thirds: 0-0 Draw
Res: 2-0 Wallsend
First: 5-1 Wallsend

Bon
22-07-2019, 10:59 AM
Gardo vs Stocko

3rds: 2-1
Res: 6-0
1sts: 0-5

pv4
22-07-2019, 01:07 PM
Let’s take a moment to look at the grade no one really cares about.

why

Bon
22-07-2019, 01:11 PM
why

Great question..

Kicktheball
22-07-2019, 04:10 PM
Gardo vs Stocko

3rds: 2-1
Res: 6-0
1sts: 0-5

What happened Bon?

Bon
22-07-2019, 04:14 PM
What happened Bon?

I wasn't around for first grade, but I believe we had a guy sent off relatively early??..
I'm sure Roundball was there and can elaborate more..

Roundball Enthusiast
22-07-2019, 05:19 PM
I wasn't around for first grade, but I believe we had a guy sent off relatively early??..
I'm sure Roundball was there and can elaborate more..

0-1 after 5, keeper error.
0-2 after 7, off a corner.

Guy sent for an apparent headbutt, I didn't see it, but the Stocko guys were all ok, so im assuming it was the usual 'lower the head into the other guy' scenario, after 10.

Rest speaks for itself.