Pages : [1] 2 3 4

boz-monaut
07-01-2019, 07:58 PM
discussion here

Roundball Enthusiast
08-01-2019, 12:15 PM
Azzuri to become ZL1 invincibles.

Jesmond to do the double and go to ZL2.

Everyone else is just making up the numbers.

Kicktheball
08-01-2019, 02:52 PM
Very bold prediction, I disagree with azzuri although agree with the Rams

idontwannaplaywithhowey
08-01-2019, 03:43 PM
Hearing the Wallsend boys look to be pretty strong...
and Cookers are always quality....

evolution
09-01-2019, 09:36 AM
Jesmond to do the double and go to ZL2.

As long as they still have the beer tent set up at home games :pissup:

Roundball Enthusiast
10-01-2019, 01:12 PM
As long as they still have the beer tent set up at home games :pissup:

Can confirm the boys are still bringing the quality brews.

Best part about them being in the comp again tbh.

Bon
10-01-2019, 02:46 PM
Can confirm the boys are still bringing the quality brews.

Best part about them being in the comp again tbh.

Am I correct in believing it is Mr Hardy and his Rogue Scholar?

Roundball Enthusiast
10-01-2019, 04:05 PM
Am I correct in believing it is Mr Hardy and his Rogue Scholar?

Correct.

Kicktheball
15-01-2019, 05:25 PM
Early stab.

Cookers
Azzuri
Stockton
Westlakes
Merewhether
Suburbs
Jesmond
Uni

dan
15-01-2019, 05:28 PM
Is Wallsend the early stab?

Kicktheball
15-01-2019, 07:13 PM
Wallsend shouldn’t even be in the league.

Betty and the Jets
16-01-2019, 09:48 AM
Early stab.

Cookers
Azzuri
Stockton
Westlakes
Merewhether
Suburbs
Jesmond
Uni

Is it Merewether or New Lambton that got promoted?

Bon
16-01-2019, 09:50 AM
Is it Merewether or New Lambton that got promoted?

New Lambton I believe..

idontwannaplaywithhowey
16-01-2019, 10:08 AM
New Lambton I believe..

Yep, it was us.
Merewether remain in ZL2.

pastor399
16-01-2019, 10:47 AM
Early stab.

Cookers
Azzuri
Stockton
Westlakes
Merewhether
Suburbs
Jesmond
Uni

Are the teams not?
01. Cooks Hill
02. Azzurri
03. Maryland-Fletcher
04. Wallsend
05. Garden Suburb
06. Stockton
07. Uni
08. Westlakes
09. New Lambton
10. Jesmond

The Hacker
16-01-2019, 07:39 PM
Are the teams not?
01. Cooks Hill
02. Azzurri
03. Maryland-Fletcher
04. Wallsend
05. Garden Suburb
06. Stockton
07. Uni
08. Westlakes
09. New Lambton
10. Jesmond

That could be the table at seasons end right there

Thisisfootball
18-01-2019, 04:01 PM
Early prediction for how the ladder might end up.

1. Hamilton
2. Wallsend
3. Cooks Hill
4. Westlakes
5. New Lambton
6. Stockton
7. Uni
8. Garden Suburbs
9. Maryland Fletcher
10. Jesmond

Hamilton the team to beat, just ask them. If rumors are true, Wallsend will be pushing for top 4 as they have added a lot of quality. Cookers are always competitive and will be once again. Westlakes are strong on their day and can beat anyone. New Lambton, new to the comp and will do some damage. Stockton will be there about also.

MisplacedPasses
18-01-2019, 04:14 PM
1. Wallsend
2. Cooks Hill
3. Westlakes
4. New Lambton
5. Hamilton
6. Stockton
7. Uni
8. Maryland Fletcher
9. Jesmond
10. Garden Suburbs

Kicktheball
18-01-2019, 06:28 PM
What’s the hype around Wallsend? Even with a handful of new players they are lower half of the table. New lambton will struggle in this division.

dan
18-01-2019, 06:31 PM
But kicktheball said Wallsend shouldn’t even be in the comp?

Kicktheball
18-01-2019, 07:40 PM
Not after last years performance

Passtheballmate
20-01-2019, 08:26 AM
I wouldn’t take much note of kicktheballs predictions going off his form last year.

The Hacker
20-01-2019, 09:25 AM
How'd the battle of the Azzuri's go

Buddha
20-01-2019, 12:35 PM
6-2 Firsts v Firsts (Up 1-0 after 20, 2-1 down at HT, 2-2 early into the second half, ran out of legs in the last 15)
2-1 Reserves v 20s (1-0 HT, conceded early into second half, grabbed a goal shortly after conceding, couldn’t grab the equaliser)
3-1 3rds v 18s (3-0 HT, conceded 2 inside the first 5, came out better second half and grabbed a goal)

Thisisfootball
20-01-2019, 02:43 PM
Can see why Azzuri are the favourites for this comp. Competing well against NPL sides this early in the year, should destroy this comp??

Buddha
20-01-2019, 02:57 PM
Nope aim is to still #survivethedrop

Oh_DEM_golden_Grahams
22-01-2019, 02:20 PM
Carn dem WILDCATS !!! *purr purr*

Predictions:

1. Westlakes (by goal diff - we are stronger than a Bengal tiger this year mark my words)
2. Hammo - (if they can not argue amongst themselves)
3. Cooks Hill (will pay officials off to get here - can give decent HJs)
4. Stocko (if they can stay off the piss)
5. Gardo (probs tied on same points - wont have the stamina to play three times a week towards the end of season due to that horsep%ss ground)
6. Uni (dark horse)
7. Mary's Fletch (grubs)
8. Eagles plumbing plus - (no idea - probs battling Jezzo for who is more of a waste of tim- will have to see)
9. Boresend (they were a joke last year and cant see any improvement - i hear most players have left for greener pastures)
10. Jes-boned (would rather have a bye)

Sideline
24-01-2019, 04:37 PM
Cookers and Wallsend should go alright from what I have heard around the club, who have Azzurri picked up and who's still there ?

Giges
25-01-2019, 08:41 AM
Carn dem WILDCATS !!! *purr purr*

Predictions:

1. Westlakes (by goal diff - we are stronger than a Bengal tiger this year mark my words)
2. Hammo - (if they can not argue amongst themselves)
3. Cooks Hill (will pay officials off to get here - can give decent HJs)
4. Stocko (if they can stay off the piss)
5. Gardo (probs tied on same points - wont have the stamina to play three times a week towards the end of season due to that horsep%ss ground)
6. Uni (dark horse)
7. Mary's Fletch (grubs)
8. Eagles plumbing plus - (no idea - probs battling Jezzo for who is more of a waste of tim- will have to see)
9. Boresend (they were a joke last year and cant see any improvement - i hear most players have left for greener pastures)
10. Jes-boned (would rather have a bye)

Based on the occasional drive by down Myall Rd the Lance York deck is looking absolutely mint, particularly compared to a few seasons back.

Roundball Enthusiast
25-01-2019, 12:29 PM
Based on the occasional drive by down Myall Rd the Lance York deck is looking absolutely mint, particularly compared to a few seasons back.

Its pretty nice, there are patches of Kikuyu grass still being removed, but it's mostly good grass and level atm. Should be much better than seasons past.

sammydog
25-01-2019, 04:00 PM
Its pretty nice, there are patches of Kikuyu grass still being removed, but it's mostly good grass and level atm. Should be much better than seasons past.

The Kikuyu is staying on Lance Yorke, but the Parramatta Grass has been completely eradicated. At the moment parts of the Kikuyu look a bit stressed but this is only because the ground went a few weeks over Christmas/New Year without being mowed. When it was the grass was knee high and it got scalped pretty badly, it will bounce back over the next few weeks. Without the parramatta grass, most of the dodgy bounces should be eliminated and the pitch seems to be pretty flat.

The top ground is now completely couch (except for Kikuyu on the old cricket pitch, but this may still be removed). The Parramatta Grass cull up there worked much better than expected and we will finish off the areas outside of the pitch next off season so the coverage is good all the way to the scout hall end.

Wandering
26-01-2019, 07:03 AM
The Kikuyu is staying on Lance Yorke, but the Parramatta Grass has been completely eradicated.

How have you guys managed to eradicate that paramatta grass? Everything I've heard about it is generally being easier to returf the pitch?

sammydog
26-01-2019, 12:45 PM
How have you guys managed to eradicate that paramatta grass? Everything I've heard about it is generally being easier to returf the pitch?

Returfing isn't always successful either depending how far down the seedbank is.

The process started a few years back with regular soil testing and amendments to the ground to get the soil to a reasonable level and break up the clay. Without that prep work the grass would have struggled.

This off season we (working with Council) essentially killed both fields at the end of the season. It was a process of spraying (I cant remember off hand the name of the chemicals we used but it was a cocktail) every second week for about two months. It is brutal on everything, but the couch comes back first, the kikuyu takes a bit longer to recover. The parramatta grass just died off at the end and the occasional bit that shows up we pull out by hand, but there isn't much left. After the spraying was done, the pitches were sprayed with pre-emergence to stop new stuff coming through (and weeds in the bare spots), and from there its been fertiliser and water.

It was all looking awesome until the Christmas break when Council don't mow and no one from the club was around to drive the ride on. So it grew quite long over a three week period and is now recovering from the scalping. The heat isn't helping, but it still looks good.

When spraying, we were selective in on the main ground as the parramatta grass was mainly confined to the middle of the pitch, which is why at the moment it is couch through the middle, but the kikuyu will come back everywhere it was. The top ground was a complete eradication and nuking of everything, it is now fully couch.

Essentially its been a crap load of work but its worked so well, next off season we are doing all the areas around the playing area on the top field which should give us a lot of extra training space to save the fields from too much wear.

I can dig up and post some progress photos if people want, or just drop in if you drive past.

The unknown now, particularly with the top pitch is what sort of couch we have and how it will hold up. At $3500 to have it DNA tested, we will just suck it up and see. Id say up to June at least (wet weather permitting) the pitches will be sweet, the couch will go dormant before the kikuyu. Hopefully now though, as it wears it should be even without the lumpy parramatta grass causing everyone grief.

XRanger
26-01-2019, 06:42 PM
Predicting a lot stronger comp this year.
If Cookshill can maintain their squad and add one or 2 will be hard to beat home. Azzurri will be there somewhere making some noise.and no doubt recruiting every ex state league player possible. I’m tipping Weatslakes to stir the Comp and make a GF appearance against either Azzurri Or Cookshill.

dan
26-01-2019, 06:46 PM
Oh_DEM_golden_Grahams will be stoked there’s another Wildcats prediction

Wandering
28-01-2019, 09:58 AM
Hopefully now though, as it wears it should be even without the lumpy parramatta grass causing everyone grief.

Hats off to the club, thats alot of man hours to get to this point! Will Definitely call in and have a look next time driving past, its just good to know it can be removed with some work

pv4
28-01-2019, 10:23 AM
Oh_DEM_golden_Grahams will be stoked there’s another Wildcats prediction

I feel like ODGG doesn't care about much outside of "Boresend"..

Haircut
01-02-2019, 12:56 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows when the comp draw will be released?

Roundball Enthusiast
01-02-2019, 02:10 PM

a couple of weeks, we have draft copies atm. Waiting for club amendments.

Premy
01-02-2019, 04:58 PM

Wednesday 27th of February the draw will be finalized.

Kicktheball
17-02-2019, 08:24 PM
What are the results from recent trials in this division?

Macca
18-02-2019, 07:20 AM
Westlakes v Warners Bay yesterday arvo, pretty hot conditions.
Thirds 3-4
Ressies 0-2
Firsts 4-0

Good first run for the boys to blow the cobwebs off.

riverboy
18-02-2019, 01:32 PM
How is it that Hamiton Azzurri can have the Azzurri on the end but Charlestown city NPL aren't allowed?? Strange

la bazzle
18-02-2019, 04:10 PM
How is it that Hamiton Azzurri can have the Azzurri on the end but Charlestown city NPL aren't allowed?? Strange

“The National Club Identity Policy says that any new or revised club names, logos and emblems of clubs may have the following components; words or letters in English; and/or references to the broader geographic area in which the club is located; and/or colours; and/or references to flora; and/or references to fauna, provided that these components do not carry any ethnic, national, political, racial or religious connotations either in isolation or combination.

The policy will not be applied retrospectively, in deference to those clubs with long-standing usage of names that would otherwise not comply with the new policy.“

Because of that bunch of rubbish

Roundball Enthusiast
18-02-2019, 04:49 PM
“The National Club Identity Policy says that any new or revised club names, logos and emblems of clubs may have the following components; words or letters in English; and/or references to the broader geographic area in which the club is located; and/or colours; and/or references to flora; and/or references to fauna, provided that these components do not carry any ethnic, national, political, racial or religious connotations either in isolation or combination.

The policy will not be applied retrospectively, in deference to those clubs with long-standing usage of names that would otherwise not comply with the new policy.“

Because of that bunch of rubbish

Charlestown were forced to drop the "Azzuri" when they were accepted into the NPL right? At the same time they merged with Chalestown Hammers to have the junior squads they needed to be accepted.
I believe (could be wrong/memory bad) they settled on Charlestown City Blues as part of the merger because they had to drop the 'ethnic' part of the club name? As well as Charlestown not wanting to lose their identity.

la bazzle
19-02-2019, 09:15 AM
Charlestown were forced to drop the "Azzuri" when they were accepted into the NPL right? At the same time they merged with Chalestown Hammers to have the junior squads they needed to be accepted.
I believe (could be wrong/memory bad) they settled on Charlestown City Blues as part of the merger because they had to drop the 'ethnic' part of the club name? As well as Charlestown not wanting to lose their identity.

Yeah pretty sure thats the gist of it. NNSW apparently have their hands tied by the NCIP. They put a lovely little survey out about the NCIP in November

https://www.ffa.com.au/news/take-national-club-identity-policy-ncip-survey

But I think the FFA have had some bigger issues to face since releasing that :rof::rof:

pv4
19-02-2019, 09:18 AM

I was led to believe at that time they didn't have to drop the ethnic part of the name at all. I thought they did it solely to get the Hammers onside. But then couldn't change it back after the NCIP came in.

la bazzle
19-02-2019, 09:36 AM
I was led to believe at that time they didn't have to drop the ethnic part of the name at all. I thought they did it solely to get the Hammers onside. But then couldn't change it back after the NCIP came in.

Interesting! Could be right and they're pushing the "forced" side of things because it doesn't sound as good to say you voluntarily dropped it :rof:

NCIP is still ridiculous though

pv4
19-02-2019, 12:11 PM
Interesting! Could be right and they're pushing the "forced" side of things because it doesn't sound as good to say you voluntarily dropped it :rof:

Well if you look strictly at the timeline of events..

Highfields Azzurri merged and changed their name to CCB in 2009 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlestown_City_Blues_FC).

The NCIP was introduced in 2014 (https://www.myfootball.com.au/news/ffa-announces-national-club-identity-policy).

I have no doubts CCB have had massive inflexibility etc from the FFA since the NCIP but I'm confident the name change was never about ethnicity, and was solely about NNSW's push to have senior clubs merged with junior clubs in that whole debacle when Azzurri & Lakes were dropped from NBN State League even though they didn't come last.

Agreed, the NCIP is ridiculous and racist, and highly subjective. Check out Frank Lowy's lovechild Hakoah blatantly change their logos etc AFTER the NCIP was introduced with mad ethnic elements etc. Apparently it's cool if you're tied into Lowy's desired ethnicity, but none others..

idontwannaplaywithhowey
19-02-2019, 03:49 PM

If the timeline above is accurate maybe it wasn't NCIP, but I remember at the time someone ( pretty sure it was Northern) forced them to remove Azzurri.There was massive uproar and it definitely wasn't voluntary.

Roundball Enthusiast
19-02-2019, 05:52 PM
If the timeline above is accurate maybe it wasn't NCIP, but I remember at the time someone ( pretty sure it was Northern) forced them to remove Azzurri.There was massive uproar and it definitely wasn't voluntary.

Correct. It was forceably removed, from memory. I was on the CCB (ZL side) committee shortly after the merger and I remember people were still very shitty about it.

Negative Police
19-02-2019, 10:18 PM
NCIP was a brilliant move. Put the mismanaged effo leagues of the past off the main map and made the game more identifiable to majority of people.
Effos weren't ever going to leave and the game has grown mainstream to take on the other codes. A mere dream 20 years ago.

Sure, some people are having a huge soss eat cry but the decision was master. Look at the divisive single effnic clubs that are still around. Multikulcha is the only way.

Cept for hamo azziz, they confused skips trying to be euro jizz. Keep up the fight bros

la bazzle
20-02-2019, 10:45 AM
Cept for hamo azziz, they confused skips trying to be euro jizz. Keep up the fight bros

Euro jizz united, will never be defeated

Premy
20-02-2019, 09:14 PM
I came across a article posted on FB about the lack of facilities across NSW/ACT for Football. The article was shared by Northern NSW Football and the comment section seemed to be flooded by people complaining about Smith Park.

Imagine if the Club in control of that facility actually looked after Smith Park and tried to fix it up with all the money they brag about having. Providing toilet paper even would be a good start.

AVB
21-02-2019, 08:37 AM
Does anyone have a copy of what ZL1 prize money for 2018 was allocated?

e.g. how much for a round win? how much for GF? etc

la bazzle
21-02-2019, 08:53 AM
Imagine if the Club in control of that facility actually looked after Smith Park and tried to fix it up with all the money they brag about having. Providing toilet paper even would be a good start.

The crypto market collapsed. Oily rag times now. Club still refuses to up regos though, bless em

Roundball Enthusiast
21-02-2019, 10:25 AM
The crypto market collapsed. Oily rag times now. Club still refuses to up regos though, bless em

Sounds like a terrible business model tbh. On the brink of folding no doubt.

salmon
21-02-2019, 10:54 AM
Sounds like a terrible business model tbh. On the brink of folding no doubt.

Dunbar Rovers have managed to build a successful business model based on no rego fees. It wouldn't be impossible for other clubs to build models that keep fees low.

Roundball Enthusiast
21-02-2019, 11:11 AM
Dunbar Rovers have managed to build a successful business model based on no rego fees. It wouldn't be impossible for other clubs to build models that keep fees low.

Works perfectly fine if you have people with enough time to chase sponsors throughout the offseason.
Azzurri seems to do that well, so props to them. Lots of work to get them to keep the rego costs down.

Premy
21-02-2019, 11:48 AM

If you can subsidize registration and have no/low registration fees then more power to you, it would be great if more clubs could do it.
However then complaining about your poor facilities, if this is at the expense of not having enough revenue to maintain/upgrade your facilities then maybe your revenue is going to the wrong place.
It's a bit like putting the cart in front of the horse.

Roundball Enthusiast
21-02-2019, 01:28 PM
If you can subsidize registration and have no/low registration fees then more power to you, it would be great if more clubs could do it.
However then complaining about your poor facilities, if this is at the expense of not having enough revenue to maintain/upgrade your facilities then maybe your revenue is going to the wrong place.

Nail. Head.

salmon
21-02-2019, 02:44 PM
It's a bit like putting the cart in front of the horse.

Why is maintenance/upgrade of Smith Park is the sole responsibility of Azzurri when the facility is heavily used by multiple sports? Should the responsibility not be shared amongst all patrons and government bodies?

Do you have knowledge that confirms no meetings have taken place in order to set the ball rolling?

Premy
21-02-2019, 03:24 PM
Why is maintenance/upgrade of Smith Park is the sole responsibility of Azzurri when the facility is heavily used by multiple sports? Should the responsibility not be shared amongst all patrons and government bodies?

Do you have knowledge that confirms no meetings have taken place in order to set the ball rolling?
Where did I say it was the sole responsibility of Azzurri?
All I said was if they have revenue to subsidize/pay players registration but they don't have revenue to maintain/upgrade their facilities then maybe they have their priorities in the wrong order.

I've got no inside knowledge of what measures are being taken to improve the facilities at Smith Park, if you do please inform us?
However I'm almost certain that using social media to degrade the local Football governing body won't help improve facilities at Smith Park.

pv4
21-02-2019, 03:57 PM

One question would be are Azzurri taking any responsibility? Genuine question, not a stab.

salmon
21-02-2019, 04:05 PM
Where did I say it was the sole responsibility of Azzurri?
All I said was if they have revenue to subsidize/pay players registration but they don't have revenue to maintain/upgrade their facilities then maybe they have their priorities in the wrong order.

I've got no inside knowledge of what measures are being taken to improve the facilities at Smith Park, if you do please inform us?
However I'm almost certain that using social media to degrade the local Football governing body won't help improve facilities at Smith Park.

Who's to say their incessant whinging and campaigning on social media hasn't served a purpose and prompted the right people to finally sit up and take some notice?

The way I read it, you have zero concrete knowledge of their financial situation and similarly zero knowledge of the actual avenues that have been explored in their attempts to upgrade their facility, so maybe commenting that they have their "priorities in the wrong order" is ill advised.

I've seen you comment on Azzurri a lot over the last 18 months and you come off as bitter that they:

A) have cheaper rego than your club
B) actually have a social media presence
C) fielded a First Grade player in Thirds once, another situation which you have no idea on the circumstances on why or how that happened.

I feel you have a bit on an unnatural obsession with this club bordering on voyeurism.

la bazzle
21-02-2019, 04:34 PM
One question would be are Azzurri taking any responsibility? Genuine question, not a stab.

Absolutely. I would say the lead role of the various tenants

la bazzle
21-02-2019, 04:36 PM
I feel you have a bit on an unnatural obsession with this club bordering on voyeurism.

Nail. Head.

pv4
21-02-2019, 04:45 PM

Does the club really not stock toilet paper

pv4
21-02-2019, 04:46 PM

#Wengerout

la bazzle
21-02-2019, 04:52 PM
Does the club really not stock toilet paper

Hahhaa! I hadn’t heard that one before but
1. not surprised
2. Probably mind games from the home team. How can you have your head in the game with a couple of dangle berries getting solid in your crack

Premy
21-02-2019, 05:24 PM
Who's to say their incessant whinging and campaigning on social media hasn't served a purpose and prompted the right people to finally sit up and take some notice?

The way I read it, you have zero concrete knowledge of their financial situation and similarly zero knowledge of the actual avenues that have been explored in their attempts to upgrade their facility, so maybe commenting that they have their "priorities in the wrong order" is ill advised.

I've seen you comment on Azzurri a lot over the last 18 months and you come off as bitter that they:

C) fielded a First Grade player in Thirds once, another situation which you have no idea on the circumstances on why or how that happened.

I have 100% concrete knowledge that they offer to pay peoples registration fees, weather they pay it or not I don't I don't know. So I can comfortably assume that Azzurri have additional revenue to spend how they see fit.

I'm definitely a little bitter, but you're mistaken as to where that bitterness comes from. Representatives from Azzurri have used this forum and various forms of social media to degrade the hard work of volunteers from the club I represent and bemoan the financial model the club I represent. That's where my bitterness comes from, it's funny they seem to be a Club happy to criticize others but not happy for others to criticize them.

You're also right about me having an unnatural obsession, I can not stand hypocrisy it's an unnatural obsession of mine. So I find it hilarious that those who have in the past bemoaned my clubs financial strategies are now complaining about the facilities that they play on every week. Maybe instead of criticizing others who put in the hard work to maintain/upgrade their facilities, Azzurri could put in the hard work themselves and not whine on social media and expect others to do it for them.

Premy
21-02-2019, 05:26 PM
Could you inform us as to what Azzurri have done to upgrade the facilities at Smith Park and how you went about providing those upgrades?

la bazzle
21-02-2019, 06:15 PM
You seem a little rattled by the little old blues pal. If a bit of shit talk gets you so upset maybe take a break from the internets for while, there’s some real jerks out there <3

salmon
21-02-2019, 06:21 PM
I have 100% concrete knowledge that they offer to pay peoples registration fees, weather they pay it or not I don't I don't know. So I can comfortably assume that Azzurri have additional revenue to spend how they see fit.

I'm definitely a little bitter, but you're mistaken as to where that bitterness comes from. Representatives from Azzurri have used this forum and various forms of social media to degrade the hard work of volunteers from the club I represent and bemoan the financial model the club I represent. That's where my bitterness comes from, it's funny they seem to be a Club happy to criticize others but not happy for others to criticize them.

You're also right about me having an unnatural obsession, I can not stand hypocrisy it's an unnatural obsession of mine. So I find it hilarious that those who have in the past bemoaned my clubs financial strategies are now complaining about the facilities that they play on every week. Maybe instead of criticizing others who put in the hard work to maintain/upgrade their facilities, Azzurri could put in the hard work themselves and not whine on social media and expect others to do it for them.

I believe that your so called concrete knowledge is nothing but rumours and hearsay, as you are no way involved in the inner workings of the club.

I also believe you to be similarly guilty of the hypocrisy you claim to despise so much.

Premy
21-02-2019, 08:55 PM
You seem a little rattled by the little old blues pal. If a bit of shit talk gets you so upset maybe take a break from the internets for while, there’s some real jerks out there <3
I just don't appreciate volunteers that put in countless hours for no thanks, have to read constant negative comments and put up with cyberbullying from your lot.
I'm sure you guys think it's hilarious and makes you feel real good about yourself in your little circle jerk.

I believe that your so called concrete knowledge is nothing but rumours and hearsay, as you are no way involved in the inner workings of the club.

I also believe you to be similarly guilty of the hypocrisy you claim to despise so much.
I can guarantee it's not hearsay. I in first person heard a phone conversation on loud speaker where a representative from Azzurri said the club would pay a certain persons registration.
Weather or not Azzurri would pay it I don't know, you're right but the offer was there.

I'm 100% a hypocrite, I found in life that bullies don't appreciate people calling them out for being a bully or if people bully them back they're not to happy with it.
Generally you get the reaction that you seem to be giving me right now.

Premy
21-02-2019, 08:59 PM

Could you inform us as to what Azzurri have done to upgrade the facilities at Smith Park and how you went about providing those upgrades?
??????

la bazzle
22-02-2019, 08:37 AM
Cyberbullies? Honestly sincerist apologies. I didn't know you were that upset by a bit of online bantering on an internet forum. I honestly didn't know people were that sensitive, I guess it's part of of "generation offended". To anyone else who gets genuinely upset by some of the banter that goes back and forth on here I sincerely apologise. I guess thats the world we live in now.

la bazzle
22-02-2019, 08:39 AM
??????

I'm feeling a bit bullied into giving an answer that I can't really give because I'm not involved in the process. I will take the word of those involved that they are taking a lead role.

Thisisfootball
22-02-2019, 10:02 AM
If Azzurri aren't paying players or at the very least, paying players rego then good on them.

They have signed a lot of former NPL players to Zone League, if those players are willing to go from getting paid to forking out rego then credit to the club.

We often see that the best teams don't necessarily win the title.

But It's their comp to lose, should have too much quality in this league.

Lets see how it plays out!

pv4
22-02-2019, 10:05 AM
It's interesting labaz goes from confirming the clubs role amongst the tenants etc to not being involved in the process.

Forget the toilet paper, this is sincerely the real mind games.

Premy
22-02-2019, 10:37 AM
Cyberbullies? Honestly sincerist apologies. I didn't know you were that upset by a bit of online bantering on an internet forum. I honestly didn't know people were that sensitive, I guess it's part of of "generation offended". To anyone else who gets genuinely upset by some of the banter that goes back and forth on here I sincerely apologise. I guess thats the world we live in now.
Yeah Cyberbullying... Your lot get on social media and bombard people who aren't connected to your club, you belittle them and gang up on them all for your own personal enjoyment. I call that Bullying...
Your lot laugh amongst yourself and you probably think it's hilarious but in actuality everyone else is laughing at you and feel embarrassed and sad for you because that's how you get your enjoyment.

I generally couldn't give 2 shits what you say. However our committee has plenty of passionate people involved in it and with that passion there is emotion it becomes personal to someone when you sit behind your keyboard and criticize the hard work of passionate volunteers. I personally won't sit by and watch it, I'll call you out on your bullshit.

It's funny you mention ''generation offended'' because you lot seem to be "generation entitled" by asking everyone else to fix Smith Park rather than getting in and fixing it yourself.

salmon
22-02-2019, 10:49 AM
I can guarantee it's not hearsay. I in first person heard a phone conversation on loud speaker where a representative from Azzurri said the club would pay a certain persons registration.
Weather or not Azzurri would pay it I don't know, you're right but the offer was there.

Wait can I just unpack this for a second? You went to the extremes of deliberately organising to eavesdrop on speaker phone, on a private conversation between a person and an Azzurri offical, unbeknownst to said official who exactly was listening?

I was initially joking about the whole voyeur thing, but I'm starting the think may have hit the nail on the old noggin.

Roundball Enthusiast
22-02-2019, 11:16 AM
Wait can I just unpack this for a second? You went to the extremes of deliberately organising to eavesdrop on speaker phone, on a private conversation between a person and an Azzurri offical, unbeknownst to said official who exactly was listening?

I was initially joking about the whole voyeur thing, but I'm starting the think may have hit the nail on the old noggin.

I don't know man... Maybe they were just two mates hanging out and having a beer when the phone call came in? No need for Tin Foil hats just yet

Betty and the Jets
22-02-2019, 11:53 AM
phone conversation on loud speaker.

private conversation.

=\

Roundball Enthusiast
22-02-2019, 11:59 AM

Maybe Premy is said players Agent and was needed to ensure the deal that was being offered fits within FIFA regulations?

Premy
22-02-2019, 12:00 PM

No need to jump on to the conspiracy theory.

I was out having a beer with a mate when the phone call came through, said person reluctantly answered the phone after saying something along the lines of "what does this pest want". Said person answered the phone on loud speaker.

Now back to the Original question, because no one from Azzurr can seem to answer me
What has Azzurr done in order of maintaining/upgrading Smith Park beside whinging about it and asking other people to fix it for them?

Bon
22-02-2019, 12:10 PM
I was out having a beer with a mate when the phone call came through, said person reluctantly answered the phone after saying something along the lines of "what does this pest want". Said person answered the phone on loud speaker.

He would have been a handy pick-up for thirds and first too! :gent:

Roundball Enthusiast
22-02-2019, 12:12 PM
He would have been a handy pick-up for thirds and first too! :gent:

Sounds like Suburb(s) get to keep him for their lower grade stacking when required now!

la bazzle
22-02-2019, 12:22 PM
Now back to the Original question, because no one from Azzurr can seem to answer me
What has Azzurr done in order of maintaining/upgrading Smith Park beside whinging about it and asking other people to fix it for them?

Maybe give the club president a call and ask? No one here is on the clubs official committee as far as I'm aware. I don't know if this is the place to gather such information. However I can offer some vague comments, bitcoin references and a promise to monitor the toilet paper situation when I'm at home games. I do still feel for you in being so upset by all the banter towards yours and other clubs.

la bazzle
22-02-2019, 12:24 PM
Maybe Premy is said players Agent and was needed to ensure the deal that was being offered fits within FIFA regulations?

The PFA have already signed off on winnie blues and 6 packs being acceptable currency

Roundball Enthusiast
22-02-2019, 12:44 PM
The PFA have already signed off on winnie blues and 6 packs being acceptable currency

Jesus. Budget cuts are certainly in full effect. Only paying in 6 packs instead of slabs. Poor blokes getting ripped off. Surprised the PFA are allowing such low payments tbh.

la bazzle
22-02-2019, 12:59 PM
Jesus. Budget cuts are certainly in full effect. Only paying in 6 packs instead of slabs. Poor blokes getting ripped off. Surprised the PFA are allowing such low payments tbh.

I’m telling you, we are in financial strife. There’s rumours of merging with Cardiff to become Cardiff City Blues

MisplacedPasses
22-02-2019, 01:08 PM
I’m telling you, we are in financial strife. There’s rumours of merging with Cardiff to become Cardiff City Blues

Time to start charging through the nose for rego like that other club around the cardiff area

Thisisfootball
22-02-2019, 01:15 PM
Time to start charging through the nose for rego like that other club around the cardiff area

What's considered a good price for rego in this division?

Bon
22-02-2019, 01:21 PM

How much does Southy charge?
Or do you mean the other one with the good ground? (Until it rains too much.. or doesn't rain enough.. or just gets used a few times.. :gent: )

Roundball Enthusiast
22-02-2019, 01:23 PM

Warners Bay has nice facilities and ground though, so maybe it's serving them well to have higher rego costs.

Premy
22-02-2019, 01:52 PM
I do still feel for you in being so upset by all the banter towards yours and other clubs.
I also feel for you that you and your lot have to belittle others to make yourself feel relevant.
I had an ex like you once, her issues stemmed from not having a father figure in her life and being bullied as a kid. With help she was able to see what her actions done to others and she grew up, so maybe there is hope for you lot.

la bazzle
22-02-2019, 02:04 PM
What's considered a good price for rego in this division?

I’m genuinely curious (not having a go at anyone or bullying) what rego costs are?

Azzurri charge 350. But upwards of 400 probably reasonable? I actually don’t know how our prez keeps it where he does and kudos to him.

pv4
22-02-2019, 02:14 PM
No one here is on the clubs official committee as far as I'm aware.

Interesting.

Thisisfootball
22-02-2019, 02:37 PM
I’m genuinely curious (not having a go at anyone or bullying) what rego costs are?

Azzurri charge 350. But upwards of 400 probably reasonable? I actually don’t know how our prez keeps it where he does and kudos to him.

Sponsors certainly help!

Jardelsimage
22-02-2019, 02:58 PM

please leave us out of your dispute, but I must say it has a ring to it.....Cardiff City Blues...……..

la bazzle
22-02-2019, 03:28 PM
please leave us out of your dispute, but I must say it has a ring to it.....Cardiff City Blues...……..

You need players*, we need cash. Match made in heaven

*Comment said in jest regarding the need for players

riverboy
22-02-2019, 07:39 PM

Azzurri wouldn't pay a high club fee component compared to most club. As ground is politely very basic, not much money spend on their field. They would also have good sponsorship dollars to keep rego down. I would suspect that fee would be one of the cheapest around easy. So well done to azzurri. But the trade off is the ground is poor, only funds and effort will improve.

dan
22-02-2019, 09:57 PM
Also depends what’s in their rego package I guess. Is the training/playing/street wear included, season launches/preso/others functions, council fees etc.
All registration packages are different.
But if they can get good sponsorship or fundraisers together to reduce cost then good on them.
Every club is different

Jardelsimage
23-02-2019, 06:15 PM
You need players*, we need cash. Match made in heaven

*Comment said in jest regarding the need for players

Yeh, takin in jest. numbers are looking good at the moment but always on the lookout.
maybe we could buy a player from you, as you need cash.

*comment about cash said in jest also......

Jardelsimage
25-02-2019, 05:36 PM
CCFC looking for trials 3 grades, don't have a ground.
PM me if your interested.

Ajdeee
25-02-2019, 07:50 PM
Trial Game 24/02/19

Hunter Simba Reserves 3-1 Jesmond Reserves
Hunter Simba 1sts 6-1 Jesmond 1sts

Kicktheball
25-02-2019, 08:45 PM
Rams early favorite for the spoon perhaps?

pastor399
26-02-2019, 08:10 PM
Cessnock vs Maryland Fletcher

23's vs Res
4 - 0
1st vs 1st
2 - 0

The Hacker
02-03-2019, 02:17 AM
Azzuri are really trying to test themselves with a game against Apia. Tough ask even for an NPL team

Roundball Enthusiast
02-03-2019, 05:33 PM
Azzuri are really trying to test themselves with a game against Apia. Tough ask even for an NPL team

I think its more exposure and creating relationships than truly trying to test themselves or Apia.

NUGUNS
04-03-2019, 12:03 PM
Terrace v Suburbs

3rds = 1 - 0
Res = 3 - 2
1sts = 1 - 0

Pretty sure boths squads had alot of players out.

Sideline
04-03-2019, 02:12 PM
How did Azzurri NPL end up against Apia?

la bazzle
04-03-2019, 02:39 PM
How did Azzurri NPL end up against Apia?

Apia NSWNPL v Azzurri NNSWNPL

18s v thirds 1-0
20s v ressies 12-1
1st grade v first grade 9-1

Was a great day all round

Sideline
04-03-2019, 03:43 PM
Apia NSWNPL v Azzurri NNSWNPL

18s v thirds 1-0
20s v ressies 12-1
1st grade v first grade 9-1

Was a great day all round

Some good results there against quality opposition you fellas must be stoked. What were the squads like ?

TXK
04-03-2019, 04:53 PM
Some good results there against quality opposition you fellas must be stoked. What were the squads like ?

Really strong squads. They played the starting XI that will face Marconi in the First Round next weekend. Chris Payne and Dave D'Apuzzo played Reserves cause they are suspended next weekend.

Stoked with our performances and forming a really good relationship with the club off the pitch.

pv4
04-03-2019, 05:58 PM
Really strong squads. They played the starting XI that will face Marconi in the First Round next weekend. Chris Payne and Dave D'Apuzzo played Reserves cause they are suspended next weekend.

Stoked with our performances and forming a really good relationship with the club off the pitch.

Marconi are by far and away the best squad in the NPL this year too, so it will be interesting to see how APIA go.

The pictures looked like a great day, it's awesome that the Azzurri boys got that experience.

Buddha
04-03-2019, 07:11 PM
Marconi are by far and away the best squad in the NPL this year too, so it will be interesting to see how APIA go.

The pictures looked like a great day, it's awesome that the Azzurri boys got that experience.
Happy to keep it under double figures in 1st grade. Don Franco is honestly a class act and probably the best player in that league. Didn’t give the ball away once.

Wouldn’t look too much into the reserve grade scoreline. Played in the hottest part of the day and Chris Payne was ridiculous.

Brilliant day and fun bus ride home too

Sideline
04-03-2019, 09:10 PM
Happy to keep it under double figures in 1st grade. Don Franco is honestly a class act and probably the best player in that league. Didn’t give the ball away once.

Wouldn’t look too much into the reserve grade scoreline. Played in the hottest part of the day and Chris Payne was ridiculous.

Brilliant day and fun bus ride home too

I think that's a great result all round for your club considering the opposition. You boys should kill it this year with the players you have picked up.

How did the new recruits perform?

TXK
04-03-2019, 09:24 PM
I think that's a great result all round for your club considering the opposition. You boys should kill it this year with the players you have picked up.

How did the new recruits perform?

Only one player in our starting XI yesterday wasn't with the club last year, with two other new players coming off the bench and performing really well. We probably had two first graders missing also.

la bazzle
07-03-2019, 03:02 PM
1 month out predictions:

01. Cooks Hill (always good, can’t see that changing, robbed of promotion last season by the world cup exodus)
02. Gardo Suburbs (heard they've made some quality signings, particularly some young fellas, great preseason results)
03. Westlake (heard stronger than a Bengal tiger)
04 or 05.Azzurri (Depends on the start and finish to the season with very key players gone from june-july – yes I know that’s everyone’s problem lolololol)
04 or 05. Wallsend (NEWFM players dropping back)

Followed by the rest

Barring points deductions I finally feel the blues will #Survivethedrop

Ressies winner: Cooks Hill

Thirds winner: Garden Suburbs

TXK
09-03-2019, 05:24 PM
Dudley ZPL vs. Azzurri
Firsts: 1 - 2
Reserves: 1 - 2
3rds: 0 - 0

MisplacedPasses
09-03-2019, 06:48 PM
Dudley ZPL vs. Azzurri
Firsts: 1 - 2
Reserves: 1 - 2
3rds: 0 - 0

I think Dudley had a lot of players in Bali for a wedding.

Antman
11-03-2019, 07:28 AM
Trial game results from the weekend?

Macca
11-03-2019, 07:43 AM
Westlakes v Suns
3rds 2-1
Res 1-2 half time, unsure of final but Suns won
1sts 4-3

la bazzle
11-03-2019, 08:17 AM
Westlakes v Suns

1sts 4-3

Great result for the West Lakians - Predictions of a high finish look more and more likely

Macca
11-03-2019, 08:35 AM
Great result for the West Lakians - Predictions of a high finish look more and more likely

Reports of Bengal tigers have been greatly exaggerated.

Good result for Hamilton on Saturday as well.

Antman
11-03-2019, 08:39 AM
Westlakes v Suns
3rds 2-1
Res 1-2 half time, unsure of final but Suns won
1sts 4-3

Surely a depleted Suns squad? Seems like a great start to the season for the cats. Across all 3 grades. Maybe third grade will beat the bye

Macca
11-03-2019, 09:02 AM
Not sure what the Sun's team usually looks like so tough to comment. I recognised the two forwards with cannons for left and right legs respectively.

Thirds are hoping for a good year, we have a few boys returning to play thirds and have a bit of fun who have played in our higher grades in the past.

Incognito mosquito
11-03-2019, 09:23 AM
Not sure what the Sun's team usually looks like so tough to comment. I recognised the two forwards with cannons for left and right legs respectively.

Thirds are hoping for a good year, we have a few boys returning to play thirds and have a bit of fun who have played in our higher grades in the past.

#Make3rdsGreatAgain

TXK
11-03-2019, 09:31 AM
Going to be a really competitive season across the board, by the looks of things. Any predictions of teams "walking the league" are wide of the mark in my opinion. Should be an enjoyable season in terms of the quality of football in this division.

Kicktheball
11-03-2019, 05:28 PM
1 month out predictions:

01. Cooks Hill (always good, can’t see that changing, robbed of promotion last season by the world cup exodus)
02. Gardo Suburbs (heard they've made some quality signings, particularly some young fellas, great preseason results)
03. Westlake (heard stronger than a Bengal tiger)
04 or 05.Azzurri (Depends on the start and finish to the season with very key players gone from june-july – yes I know that’s everyone’s problem lolololol)
04 or 05. Wallsend (NEWFM players dropping back)

Followed by the rest

Barring points deductions I finally feel the blues will #Survivethedrop

Ressies winner: Cooks Hill

Thirds winner: Garden Suburbs

It will be interesting to see how the new clubs go?!

Azzuri will be a force, no excuses not to be a title challenger.

Wallsend, even with their Newfm players have a long way to go..

Cooks Hill will feel hard done by last year, they are always sniffing around the four.

Suburbs/Stockton/Maryland are hard to gauge, depends if they have recruited well.

Not long till it all begins

the_butcher
12-03-2019, 02:26 PM
1. Westlakes
2. Suburbs
3. Cooks Hill
4. Azzurri

10. Stockton

Reserve Grade: Azzurri

Third Grade: Westlakes (from last to first in 12 months)

Sideline
12-03-2019, 10:25 PM
1. Westlakes
2. Suburbs
3. Cooks Hill
4. Azzurri

10. Stockton

Reserve Grade: Azzurri

Third Grade: Westlakes (from last to first in 12 months)

Im gonna go with

1. Azzurri - With all the new recruits the could field a npl side hahahahahah if they play like they should will be very hard to beat and I think they will be expecting more than just survivingthe drop
2. Wallsend - From rumours and results could be a dark horse and push for the top 4
3. Suburbs - New recruits and the usuals
4. Cooks Hill - should be strong again last i saw they were after a goalkeeper ?
5. Westlakes - Should push the above and maybe slot into the 4

The rest will just make up the numbers

Thisisfootball
14-03-2019, 09:47 AM
“From rumours and results” Didn’t Wallsend get beat 7-0 in first grade by Warner’s bay? I also heard they drew with Kahibah who are a league below. Pre season games don’t count for much but to have them 2nd is a bit of a stretch.

la bazzle
14-03-2019, 11:39 AM
Early prediction for how the ladder might end up.

1. Hamilton
2. Wallsend
3. Cooks Hill
4. Westlakes
5. New Lambton
6. Stockton
7. Uni
8. Garden Suburbs
9. Maryland Fletcher
10. Jesmond

“From rumours and results” Didn’t Wallsend get beat 7-0 in first grade by Warner’s bay? I also heard they drew with Kahibah who are a league below. Pre season games don’t count for much but to have them 2nd is a bit of a stretch.

:lulzturtle:

Roundball Enthusiast
14-03-2019, 04:32 PM
:lulzturtle:

****ed up and responded with his alt, to his alt. Quality :lulzturtle:

the_butcher
15-03-2019, 09:52 AM
“From rumours and results” Didn’t Wallsend get beat 7-0 in first grade by Warner’s bay? I also heard they drew with Kahibah who are a league below.

This changes things for me.

Thisisfootball
15-03-2019, 09:53 AM
****ed up and responded with his alt, to his alt. Quality :lulzturtle:

I think I need to change that prediction!

la bazzle
18-03-2019, 11:05 AM
Azzurri v Suburbs FFA cup match has been rescheduled to weds 20/3, 8:15pm, Speers point complex

Captainstoptherot
18-03-2019, 05:28 PM
Azzurri v Suburbs FFA cup match has been rescheduled to weds 20/3, 8:15pm, Speers point complex

Should be worth a look as obviously no love lost here

Jardelsimage
18-03-2019, 06:08 PM

silvertails v fibros lol

TXK
18-03-2019, 06:42 PM

I think any supposed "rivalry" means a hell of a lot more to one club than it does to the other...

Both clubs no doubt want to progress as far as possible in the cup though, so should be a cracker of a match.

la bazzle
18-03-2019, 06:59 PM

I only found out we didn’t get along recently :’(

Premy
18-03-2019, 07:01 PM
I think any supposed "rivalry" means a hell of a lot more to one club than it does to the other...
I didn't realize that we mean so much to your lot.
Just another cup game for us.

Captainstoptherot
19-03-2019, 01:28 PM
silvertails v fibros lol

Which is which as both are paying players registrations ( Hard to believe at this level )

the_butcher
19-03-2019, 02:02 PM

I think you'll find that a lot of the boys are mates, there is certainly no rivalry as far as I'm aware. All previous matches have been very tame.

Buddha
19-03-2019, 03:06 PM
I just don’t like Bon. He’s too tall and stinks

The Hacker
19-03-2019, 04:55 PM
Any truth to the rumour that the Wildcats get a free pass to the next round of the FFA cup cause Kotara forfeit

ICEBERG10
19-03-2019, 05:59 PM
Any truth to the rumour that the Wildcats get a free pass to the next round of the FFA cup cause Kotara forfeit

I can confirm that this is true

TXK
19-03-2019, 06:14 PM
I can confirm that this is true

Wowsers. What's going on at Kotara then?

Sideline
19-03-2019, 06:15 PM
Which is which as both are paying players registrations ( Hard to believe at this level )

Who cares the way i see it is if the club is financial enough to offer something little like this than why not ?

You only have to see some of the names floating around in this comp to see that just getting a rego payed is more than enough.

Some of these blokes would be coming from getting paid decent money weekly

So just goes to show ...........

Im all for it...... if your club can't do it then don't get bitter get better !!!!!!!!!

The Hacker
19-03-2019, 08:15 PM

Scared of the Wildcats

TXK
19-03-2019, 09:01 PM
Scared of the Wildcats

Must have bought into the stronger than a Bengal Tiger rumours.

ICEBERG10
19-03-2019, 10:06 PM

Neither club could agree on a catch up time.

They already had their trials locked in and their season launch booked for the weekebd.

We could not do a midweek catchup so Kotara chose to forfeit so they could stick to their plans.

Captainstoptherot
20-03-2019, 08:02 AM
Who cares the way i see it is if the club is financial enough to offer something little like this than why not ?

You only have to see some of the names floating around in this comp to see that just getting a rego payed is more than enough.

Some of these blokes would be coming from getting paid decent money weekly

So just goes to show ...........

Im all for it...... if your club can't do it then don't get bitter get better !!!!!!!!!

Never said my club was not able to do it , I am one of the paid rego players , had I known about this earlier I would have played here long ago , that is the part I found hard to believe $

Bon
20-03-2019, 08:03 AM
I think you'll find that a lot of the boys are mates, there is certainly no rivalry as far as I'm aware. All previous matches have been very tame.

Yeah, this is true..

I just don’t like Bon. He’s too tall and stinks

This is very true.. Particularly the stink bit - sensory, physically and technically..

Kicktheball
20-03-2019, 08:14 AM

Stockton and Wildcats through due to forfeits

la bazzle
20-03-2019, 08:15 AM
Stockton and Wildcats through due to forfeits

#MagicOfTheCup

pv4
20-03-2019, 09:14 AM
This is very true.. Particularly the stink bit - sensory, physically and technically..

As always, I wholeheartedly agree with Bon.

#MagicOfTheCup

Panthers got the measles, innit

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjvouDYWgAAj1dl.jpg

HonkingDonkey
21-03-2019, 07:46 AM
#DucksFlyTogether

I tell you what, the Hawks are having a strong showing this season.

la bazzle
21-03-2019, 08:40 AM
Great game last night

Azzurri 3 Suburbs 2

Azzurri started well, had 3-4 gilt-edge chances before finally scoring. After that it was all Suburbs and they deservedly equalised then went 2-1 just before half time with a delicious finish.

2nd half started like the first ended before Azzurri came home with a wet sail scoring 2 after turning the pressure up.

Suburbs will be very good this year, they played some great football and it was hard not to applaud some of their play, feeling pretty good about my predictions.

Ninja
21-03-2019, 09:32 AM
Great game last night

Azzurri 3 Suburbs 2

Azzurri started well, had 3-4 gilt-edge chances before finally scoring. After that it was all Suburbs and they deservedly equalised then went 2-1 just before half time with a delicious finish.

2nd half started like the first ended before Azzurri came home with a wet sail scoring 2 after turning the pressure up.

Suburbs will be very good this year, they played some great football and it was hard not to applaud some of their play, feeling pretty good about my predictions.

Great summary, we were saying in the sheds that despite losing that was a good game to be part of.

We were happy with it as far as 'preseason' games go as we hadn't had a solid game with a full squad until last night. No complaints and plenty to take away in the end.

pv4
21-03-2019, 12:13 PM
#DucksFlyTogether

I tell you what, the Hawks are having a strong showing this season.

Don't let it slip now

TXK
21-03-2019, 02:45 PM
Great summary, we were saying in the sheds that despite losing that was a good game to be part of.

We were happy with it as far as 'preseason' games go as we hadn't had a solid game with a full squad until last night. No complaints and plenty to take away in the end.

Superb and extremely competitive (without being nasty) game of football, enjoyable to be a part of.

Suburbs were brilliant, as is expected when they are full strength, and if they can keep that team on the park will do extremely well. Further proof that this will be a strong competition across the board.

See you again in a few weeks time!

dan
22-03-2019, 12:02 PM
Results from the Jeso FFA Cup game last night?
Were there any other Zone league one games on?

The Spy
22-03-2019, 12:56 PM
Results from the Jeso FFA Cup game last night?
Were there any other Zone league one games on?

I believe it was 2-1 to Jeso

The Hacker
24-03-2019, 03:34 PM
How'd Cooks Hill go against the Suns

pastor399
25-03-2019, 08:26 AM

Heard Suns are looking for a coach? Players walking off the field in friendlies like last season before there coach got sacked?

Not sure if that is a report or speculation....

AVB
25-03-2019, 08:34 AM

CHUFC vs Suns

3rds 4-0 CHUFC
Res 1-0 CHUFC
1sts 5-3 CHUFC

With about 10 minutes to go trailing 5-3 the Suns Captain walked off and didn't come back

the_butcher
25-03-2019, 10:41 AM
CHUFC vs Suns

3rds 4-0 CHUFC
Res 1-0 CHUFC
1sts 5-3 CHUFC

With about 10 minutes to go trailing 5-3 the Suns Captain walked off and didn't come back

Super captain :rof:

Suns have been very poor this preseason by their standard. Lost to Westlakes, Belted by Dudley, lost to CH. Not sure if that means Suns have been very poor or ID1 has improved... The result against Dudley would suggest Suns are struggling.

The Hacker
25-03-2019, 01:53 PM
Super captain :rof:

Suns have been very poor this preseason by their standard. Lost to Westlakes, Belted by Dudley, lost to CH. Not sure if that means Suns have been very poor or ID1 has improved... The result against Dudley would suggest Suns are struggling.

Suns are notoriously bad early season till they get fit. I would say ID1 is heaps stronger this year from what I have seen and the top teams in ID1 would be really competitive in ZPL

The Hacker
27-03-2019, 12:04 PM
Any truth to the rumour that a Cooks Hill 3rd grader was left with a broken nose from a less than savory incident

The Anvil
28-03-2019, 10:28 AM
Suns are notoriously bad early season till they get fit. I would say ID1 is heaps stronger this year from what I have seen and the top teams in ID1 would be really competitive in ZPL

Your right about clubs being stronger. I think its a flow on affect from the decisions regarding NPL and the u/20's regime. decent players are still filtering down every year as they turn 21 lol

The Hacker
28-03-2019, 11:48 AM
Your right about clubs being stronger. I think its a flow on affect from the decisions regarding NPL and the u/20's regime. decent players are still filtering down every year as they turn 21 lol

Anvil you have nailed it in one

la bazzle
01-04-2019, 09:17 AM
Big first round action. Westlakes v Cooks Hill is surely game of the week, can the Bengal Tigers start with a bang?. Wallsend to put away 5+ against Jeso. After FFA cup can't predict sundays clash suburbs v azzurri. If either team fires could put the other away. Wouldn't complain with a draw.

pastor399
01-04-2019, 11:53 AM
Any truth to the rumour that a Cooks Hill 3rd grader was left with a broken nose from a less than savory incident

More than a broken nose from what i'v heard

At least a couple of operations to repair the damage, and the referee's have being told to expect subpoena's to give evidence when it goes to court.

We can only speculate without all the facts, but i dare say it sounds like a lengthy suspension, if not life ban will be on the way.

Bon
01-04-2019, 11:58 AM

At least a couple of operations to repair the damage, and the referee's have being told to expect subpoena's to give evidence when it goes to court.

We can only speculate without all the facts, but i dare say it sounds like a lengthy suspension, if not life ban will be on the way.

Man, sounds horrible..
Hope the bloke is alright..

If this sort of thing is potentially going to court, I wouldn't be writing too much more about it in here then..

MisplacedPasses
01-04-2019, 12:31 PM
Man, sounds horrible..
Hope the bloke is alright..

If this sort of thing is potentially going to court, I wouldn't be writing too much more about it in here then..

shhh, we want details!

la bazzle
01-04-2019, 02:18 PM

Hope its a quick recovery, poor bastard. Considering the precedent has been set by suspending someone for 8 weeks for a facebook comment, you would imagine it would have to be very lengthy.

HonkingDonkey
02-04-2019, 07:52 AM
...suspending someone for 8 weeks for a facebook comment

How did this happen? I mean I feel that Facebook falls outside the FIFA defined Laws of the game?

Always been thugs running around in the Zone Leagues... All you can do is play around them and hope the ref offers some protection, then hope that clubs have a no dickheads policy in place that slowly weeds them out.
Just not much the ref can do about someone flat out going out and assulting someone.

la bazzle
02-04-2019, 09:25 AM
How did this happen? I mean I feel that Facebook falls outside the FIFA defined Laws of the game?

Kangaroo court.

Kicktheball
04-04-2019, 12:22 PM
Weekend predictions?

Antman
04-04-2019, 01:36 PM
Cookers to clean sweep the Cats.

My Westlakian contact informs me of injuries on key players in first and thirds. Hence the flogging by the Stags last night.

Wallsend 1st grade struggling to find their feet pre season so a loss there too.

Burbs vs Azzurri could go either way.

Incognito mosquito
04-04-2019, 02:12 PM
Cookers to clean sweep the Cats.

My Westlakian contact informs me of injuries on key players in first and thirds. Hence the flogging by the Stags last night.

Wallsend 1st grade struggling to find their feet pre season so a loss there too.

Burbs vs Azzurri could go either way.

Injuries aside, Toronto finished their chances and Westlakes did not. The end result probably blew out a little more than it should have but still was a good match. Maybe the touch up thirds gave firsts on Tuesday got the Cats heads down.

My prediction all games to go down to the wire but everyone to have good clean fun.

#Make3rdsGreatAgain

MisplacedPasses
04-04-2019, 02:16 PM
Tipping Azzuri to win by 4

TXK
04-04-2019, 02:39 PM
Injuries aside, Toronto finished their chances and Westlakes did not. The end result probably blew out a little more than it should have but still was a good match. Maybe the touch up thirds gave firsts on Tuesday got the Cats heads down.

My prediction all games to go down to the wire but everyone to have good clean fun.

#Make3rdsGreatAgain

Predictions - football to be the winner on the day.

Buddha
04-04-2019, 02:57 PM
Prediction. Premy to lose it when a ball gets booted by Bon over the back fence into the scrub.

Prediction. Bon to send one into orbit from a free kick

Buddha
04-04-2019, 02:58 PM
Prediction. Need more predictions

Bon
04-04-2019, 02:59 PM
Prediction. Premy to lose it when a ball gets booted by Bon over the back fence into the scrub.

Prediction. Bon to send one into orbit from a free kick

HAHAHAH...
Odds are too low to even bother betting on those predictions.. :gent:

But I'm happy to buy you a beer if both those things don't happen.. haha

the_butcher
05-04-2019, 02:32 PM
Stockton vs New Lambton = Stockton
Westlakes vs Cooks Hill = Cooks Hill
Uni vs Maryland = Maryland
Wallsend vs Jesmond = Jesmond
Suburbs vs Azzurri = Suburbs

Betty and the Jets
05-04-2019, 02:45 PM
Stockton v New Lambton
Westlakes v Cooks Hill
Uni v Maryland
Wallsend v Jesmond
Suburbs v Azzurri

la bazzle
05-04-2019, 03:42 PM
Stockton vs New Lambton = Stockton 3-1
Westlakes vs Cooks Hill = Cooks Hill 3-0
Uni vs Maryland = Maryland 2-0
Wallsend vs Jesmond = Wallsend 7-0
Suburbs vs Azzurri = Draw 3-3

Premy
05-04-2019, 04:40 PM
Uni vs Maryland = Draw
Wallsend vs Jesmond = Draw

the_butcher
05-04-2019, 04:42 PM
Uni vs Maryland = Draw
Wallsend vs Jesmond = Draw

You left one off, Prem!

Premy
05-04-2019, 04:46 PM
You left one off, Prem!
Have done for awhile, it's been a bad omen for me tipping GS games.

The Spy
05-04-2019, 05:41 PM
New Lambton
Cookers
Draw
Jesmond
Draw

dan
05-04-2019, 05:42 PM
Stockton vs New Lambton = Stockton 3-1
Westlakes vs Cooks Hill = Cooks Hill 3-0
Uni vs Maryland = Maryland 2-0
Wallsend vs Jesmond = Wallsend 7-0
Suburbs vs Azzurri = Draw 3-3

With the amount of pre season trials Wallsend has had (mostly washouts) I think 7-0 in the first game is very unlikely. #survivethedrop might be our hashtag of choice in 2019 & #azzurriinvincibles would be closer to accurate

la bazzle
05-04-2019, 07:01 PM
With the amount of pre season trials Wallsend has had (mostly washouts) I think 7-0 in the first game is very unlikely. #survivethedrop might be our hashtag of choice in 2019

Interesting Danny boy, I’ll wager with you a carton of Italian beer Wallsend win by 3+

#YearOfTheDevil

dan
05-04-2019, 09:58 PM
Interesting Danny boy, IÂ’ll wager with you a carton of Italian beer Wallsend win by 3+

#YearOfTheDevil

Well I canÂ’t say no to a beer bet now can I, I hope the boys get up 3+ but in the end all I want is 3pts & a few cold ones no matter who wins the bet

Incognito mosquito
05-04-2019, 10:56 PM
3rd Grade (cause why not)

Stockton v NL (NL 1-4)
Westlakes v CHUFC (WL 2-1)
Uni v Maryland (Uni 5-0)
Wallsend V Jeso (3-2 Wallsend)

Match of the round
Suburbs v Azzuri (Azzuri 2-3)

#Make3rdsGreatAgain

pastor399
06-04-2019, 06:37 PM
University vs Maryland

1st 1 - 2 (Maryland)
Res 3 - 0 (Uni)
3rd 8 - 1 (Uni)

3rds score was probably more, but a safe bet is to say it was a thumping.

1st Grade
Neither team looked too threatening in front of goal, Maryland went ahead early from the spot. University went down to 10 men after a studs up tackle from behind by a striker, believe it was a yellow card, got a second yellow for discussing it with the referee. University grabbed a goal back with <10 minutes to go. Maryland scored with about 5 minutes to go, bit of a contest for the ball on half way, no foul given, 1..2 then a driven long ball across the field found a striker who finished first time on the volley.

ICEBERG10
07-04-2019, 11:04 AM
Anybody from Cooks Hill on here?

boz-monaut
07-04-2019, 01:21 PM
why?

took all 9 point from the Widcats

ICEBERG10
07-04-2019, 03:10 PM
why?

took all 9 point from the Widcats

May have also accidentally taken two of the match balls with them.

So coach is looking for a contact number for them.

WFC_ZL
07-04-2019, 05:01 PM
Wallsend v Jesmond

3rds 3-2
Ressies 1-0
1st Grade 6-1

Buddha
07-04-2019, 05:14 PM
Burbs v Azzurri

3rds - 0-1
Res - 1-2
1sts - 0-1

Lance York looks in good condition. Pitch predictably thick given the rain and lack of opportunity to mow it.

outsider
07-04-2019, 05:22 PM
University vs Maryland

1st 1 - 2 (Maryland)
Res 3 - 0 (Uni)
3rd 8 - 1 (Uni)

3rds score was probably more, but a safe bet is to say it was a thumping.

1st Grade
Neither team looked too threatening in front of goal, Maryland went ahead early from the spot. University went down to 10 men after a studs up tackle from behind by a striker, believe it was a yellow card, got a second yellow for discussing it with the referee. University grabbed a goal back with <10 minutes to go. Maryland scored with about 5 minutes to go, bit of a contest for the ball on half way, no foul given, 1..2 then a driven long ball across the field found a striker who finished first time on the volley.

Third grade was 11-1

outsider
07-04-2019, 05:26 PM
Third grade was 11-1

First YC was for stopping a promising attack(SPA)which resulted in a PK 7 minutes into the second half,subsequent YC with RC was 23 min second half for a reckless tackle from behind

boz-monaut
07-04-2019, 06:42 PM
May have also accidentally taken two of the match balls with them.

So coach is looking for a contact number for them.I'll chase it up for you

la bazzle
07-04-2019, 08:27 PM
Wallsend v Jesmond

3rds 3-2
Ressies 1-0
1st Grade 6-1

Cheers for the carton Danny boy : )

dan
07-04-2019, 08:54 PM

What’s your poison mate? I don’t suppose you could spare one or two cold ones while we watch 1st grade?

la bazzle
07-04-2019, 09:29 PM
What’s your poison mate? I don’t suppose you could spare one or two cold ones while we watch 1st grade?

Haha nah I’d be a terrible host if I did that. Will throw some tins your way and we’ll find something to go double or nothing on!

#YearOfTheDevil

the_butcher
08-04-2019, 11:11 AM
Haha nah I’d be a terrible host if I did that. Will throw some tins your way and we’ll find something to go double or nothing on!

#YearOfTheDevil

A bet is a bet! He pays up I say :rof: Decent prediction there La Bazz, I think I tipped Jesmond didn't I?

Edit: yes I did tip Jesmond

Thisisfootball
08-04-2019, 04:38 PM
Wallsend beating Jesmond 6-1, wow!

Were Wallsend that good or Jesmond real bad??

amishpanda
08-04-2019, 06:29 PM
Neither team anything to write home about.

Jesmond will struggle to make top 4.

the_butcher
09-04-2019, 12:00 PM
Jesmond will struggle to make top 4.

They've just been pumped 6-1 by a team you've said isn't "anything to write home about"... sounds like they will more than "struggle" to make the top 4 :rof:

the_butcher
09-04-2019, 12:00 PM
How many teams have been relegated in consecutive seasons?

onlooker
09-04-2019, 12:12 PM
Tenambit did it a few years back went from ZL1 to ZL3 in back to back years. In the space of 6 years went from ZL3 to ZL1 spent two years in 1’s then free fall back to 3’s

LINGERA
09-04-2019, 01:36 PM

Charlestown have gone ZL3,ZL2,ZL1,ZL1,ZL2,ZL3 I believe

la bazzle
10-04-2019, 09:45 AM
This weeks tips:

New Lambton v Uni - DRAW 2-2
Jesmond v Stockton - Stockton 3-1
Hamilton Azzurri v Wallsend - DRAW 1-1
Garden Suburbs v Cooks Hill - Cooks Hill 2-0
Maryland v Westlake - Westlake 1-0

Antman
10-04-2019, 10:08 AM
My Tips:

New Lambton v Uni - Uni 1-0
Jesmond v Stockton - Draw 1-1
Hamilton Azzurri v Wallsend - Wallsend 3-1
Garden Suburbs v Cooks Hill - Suburbs 2-1
Maryland v Westlakes - Westlakes 2-0

Thisisfootball
10-04-2019, 11:37 AM
Round 2 tips:

New Lambton v Uni - Eagles 2-1
Jesmond v Stockton - Draw
Azzurri v Wallsend - Azzurri 2-0
Suburbs v Cooks Hill - Suburbs 3-1
Maryland v Westlakes - Westlakes 2-0

Betty and the Jets
10-04-2019, 12:16 PM
New Lambton v Uni
Jesmond v Stockton
Hamilton Azzurri v Wallsend
Garden Suburbs v Cooks Hill
Maryland v Westlakes

Incognito mosquito
11-04-2019, 04:59 PM
Thirds

New Lamton v Uni - UNI 4-1
Jesmond v Stockton - Stockton 2-0
Azzuri v Wallsend - Draw 3-3
Suburbs v CHUFC - CHUFC 4-2
Maryland v WL - WL 7-3

#Make3rdsGreatAgain

dan
12-04-2019, 10:11 AM

What’s Italy’s finest drop in can form mate?
I done a number on my calf at training last night so I’m as good as done for the boresend & the beast matchup tomorrow.
#azzurriinvincibles

Oh_DEM_golden_Grahams
12-04-2019, 01:40 PM
Carn dem wildcats !!!!!!!!! PURR PURR !!!!!

My Tips:

New Lambton v Uni - Beagles 2-1
Jesmond v Stockton - Draw 2-2
Hamilton Azzurri v Wallsend - Wallsend 2-1
Garden Suburbs v Cooks Hill - Suburbs 2-1
Maryland v Westlakes - Westlakes 4-0 we will be bangin them in like a horny mountain lion

la bazzle
13-04-2019, 08:47 AM
What’s Italy’s finest drop in can form mate?
I done a number on my calf at training last night so I’m as good as done for the boresend & the beast matchup tomorrow.
#azzurriinvincibles

Ouch! Whatever you can get your mitts on! I’ll play my 10mins in thirds and be good to go.

Looking forward to seeing the NewFM boys in action! #YearOfTheDevil

WFC_ZL
13-04-2019, 04:23 PM
Azzurri v Wallsend

3rds 1-0
Ressies 3-0
1st grade 4-0

Azzurri too good today.

dan
13-04-2019, 06:47 PM
Boresend & the beast
9points, 3 clean sheets & a case of Italy’s finest.
What a day for La Bazzle.
It was great to meet the boys behind the banter today, congratulations on finding an alternative venue for us to play on. Allen Davis looked a treat for good football.
While it’s #survivethedrop for our boys I feel like it’s a #survivethedives for your adidas kits. They must be quality kits or you guys have a hell of a laundromat getting them grass stains out.
We’ll be out drowning our sorrows tonight so if any of your lads see us be sure to come say hi & share a beer with us.

All the best for the season #azzurriinvincibles

Thisisfootball
14-04-2019, 10:43 AM
The Azzurri v Wallsend game was as one sided as a game gets. Hamilton far too good, Wallsend barely created a chance the whole game! A fiery clash between the two captains saw both of them get sent, straight red for both??

Azzurri should/will win the comp! Would give most clubs a run in NL1

As for Wallsend, I was told by one of the Wallsend boys that they were missing their striker and number 10 who both scored doubles in round 1 so who knows if that would of made much difference.

Azzurri to go unbeaten and do the double!!

Sideline
14-04-2019, 01:02 PM
Any other results ??? Not suprised hearing hamilton winning easily, they have alot of good players on the payroll out there wallsend looked very sharp against jesmond last week. Thought this may of been a closer game than what the scoreline reflects

Thisisfootball
14-04-2019, 01:17 PM
Any other results ??? Not suprised hearing hamilton winning easily, they have alot of good players on the payroll out there wallsend looked very sharp against jesmond last week. Thought this may of been a closer game than what the scoreline reflects

Jesmond & Stockton: 4-4 draw
Uni & Eagles: Uni 2-1
Suburbs & Cookers: 2-2 draw

Agreed, was expecting a much closer scoreline in the Azzurri match. Will be interesting to see how Wallsend go against them at full strength.

Some interesting results!

Captainstoptherot
14-04-2019, 01:48 PM
The Azzurri v Wallsend game was as one sided as a game gets. Hamilton far too good, Wallsend barely created a chance the whole game! A fiery clash between the two captains saw both of them get sent, straight red for both??

Azzurri should/will win the comp! Would give most clubs a run in NL1

As for Wallsend, I was told by one of the Wallsend boys that they were missing their striker and number 10 who both scored doubles in round 1 so who knows if that would of made much difference.

Azzurri to go unbeaten and do the double!!

Wallsend skipper was second yellow

la bazzle
14-04-2019, 04:01 PM
Boresend & the beast
9points, 3 clean sheets & a case of Italy’s finest.
What a day for La Bazzle.
It was great to meet the boys behind the banter today, congratulations on finding an alternative venue for us to play on. Allen Davis looked a treat for good football.
While it’s #survivethedrop for our boys I feel like it’s a #survivethedives for your adidas kits. They must be quality kits or you guys have a hell of a laundromat getting them grass stains out.
We’ll be out drowning our sorrows tonight so if any of your lads see us be sure to come say hi & share a beer with us.

All the best for the season #azzurriinvincibles

All in all a good day haha!

Was good to meet ya, hopefully that calf makes a recovery and we can get you out on the field!

Wallsend missing their two key boys more than likely made you guys a different prospect will be interesting at full strength!

#YearOfTheDevil

pastor399
14-04-2019, 05:44 PM
Maryland vs Westlakes

1st 2 - 1 Maryland
Res 2 - 0 Maryland
3rd 0 - 3 Westlakes

Sideline
17-04-2019, 01:14 PM
Who play's this weekend ? Thanks :)

Premy
17-04-2019, 01:22 PM
Who play's this weekend ? Thanks :)

Nobody, it's a weekend off for the Easter bunny.

Sideline
20-04-2019, 09:59 PM
Nobody, it's a weekend off for the Easter bunny.

Thanks mate went and watched the 9-1 thriller :rof: at magic park instead

la bazzle
25-04-2019, 10:16 AM
Massive games this week!

Predictions
WestLake v New Lambton - WL 2-1
Hamilton Azzurri v Cooks Hill - 2-2 draw
Uni v Jesmond - uni 3-0
Wallsend v Stockton - Wallsend 4-0
Garden Suburbs v Maryland - Subs 2-1

Wallsend to bounce back after shock defeat, could be wrong with suburbs, bulldogs seem to have started real well

Thisisfootball
26-04-2019, 10:17 AM
Predictions:

West Lakes vs New Lambton - WL 2-0
Azzurri vs Cooks Hill - Azzurri 3-0
Uni vs Jesmond - Uni 3-2
Wallsend vs Stockton - 1-1
Suburbs vs Maryland - Suburbs 4-2

Incognito mosquito
26-04-2019, 03:52 PM
3rds

Westlakes V New Lambton - WL 4-1
Azzuri V CHUFC - Azzuri 2-1
Uni V Jesmond - Uni 8-2
Wallsend v Stockton - Wallsend 3-1
Suburbs v Maryland - Suburbs 5-0

#Make3rdsGreatAgain

TXK
27-04-2019, 05:15 PM
Azzurri vs. Cooks Hill

1st Grade - Azzurri 2 vs Cooks Hill 0
Reserves - Azzurri 1 vs Cooks Hill 0
Thirds - Azzurri 2 vs Cooks Hill 0

We were lucky to not concede in the first half in 1st Grade, Cookers applied a bucket load of pressure to no avail and were sliced open on the counter twice.

Unfortunate for them they finished game with 9 men (1 red, 1 injured and all subs made). They are still a red hot team for my liking and if it clicks, will put many teams to the sword.

Sincerest thanks for moving game to Fearnley Dawes as Smith Park still looks like Aleppo.

Roundball Enthusiast
28-04-2019, 07:16 PM
Garden Suburb v Maryland Fletcher

First
1-1

Reserves
6-2

Thirds
4-0

Kicktheball
29-04-2019, 08:53 AM
Azzuri off to a flyer, as predicted. Who can beat them? Maryland have surprised many with their solid start. Westlakes aren’t living up to expectations... Many teams bunched on 4 points, this competition is so unpredictable, I look forward to seeing this weekend pan out.

the_butcher
29-04-2019, 03:56 PM
Maryland have surprised many with their solid start.

It should be noted that this is only in First Grade. Last and second last in the other two grades must be disappointing for the club. Third Grade have a -17 GD after only 3 rounds. Not even Westlakes' infamously shite Third Grade side of 2018 had as bad a GD as Maryland do after three rounds.

Charman
29-04-2019, 05:00 PM
Did I just hear correctly on ABC radio that Azzuri have pissed of FFA? (Only caught back end of interview so apologies if wrong) but apparently an official has tweeted something inappropriate after acknowledging a policy. Seems Azzuri playing with duct tape of logo from now on. David Eiling is it (northern). Again, if I heard incorrect just put it to bed.

TXK
29-04-2019, 05:52 PM
Did I just hear correctly on ABC radio that Azzuri have pissed of FFA? (Only caught back end of interview so apologies if wrong) but apparently an official has tweeted something inappropriate after acknowledging a policy. Seems Azzuri playing with duct tape of logo from now on. David Eiling is it (northern). Again, if I heard incorrect just put it to bed.

Eland lying through his teeth on ABC Radio.

Charman
29-04-2019, 06:01 PM
No worries. Always 2 sides to a story. Sorry for any unwarranted attention.

TXK
29-04-2019, 06:39 PM
No worries. Always 2 sides to a story. Sorry for any unwarranted attention.

No dramas mate. Absolutely agree there are two sides, just a shame a lot of the info he gave on the radio was incorrect.