PDA

View Full Version : Olyroos AFC U-23 games.

Frodo
23-03-2019, 08:31 AM
6-0 win over Cambodia (is that who Honda is managing as a side hustle?) In the first qualifying game. Good to see us actually break teams down for once.

https://dailyfootballshow.com/olyroos-kick-start-olympic-qualification-campaign-with-thumping-win-over-cambodia/

Champness with 2 goals.

Vujica started at LB and did well.

Didn't watch the game. Just read a game report.

Frodo
23-03-2019, 08:32 AM
Chinese Taipei up next.

Then South Korea.

Frodo
25-03-2019, 12:48 PM
Chinese Taipei up next.

Then South Korea.

6-0 win. Vujica got 2 Assists I think.

Someone commented "they won't fit into the Socceroos setup if they keep scoring like this", haha.

Jetmaster
27-03-2019, 07:34 AM
2-2 draw v SK means they are through.

Last 10 mins of passing the ball backwards and forwards apparently.

Bremsstrahlung
27-03-2019, 08:53 AM
What’s happening to our youth?
Why are they doing okay.
Has somebody even told them not to attack yet.
Gypo Arnold probably hasn’t had anything to do with them yet.

plague
27-03-2019, 09:01 AM
So are they into the Olympics or are we still a chance of completely shitting the bed and continuing our dismal run at youth level?

MFKS
27-03-2019, 10:18 AM
So are they into the Olympics or are we still a chance of completely shitting the bed and continuing our dismal run at youth level?

No they qualified for the Finals in Thailand in January next year

16 team tournament and the top 3/4 qualify for Tokyo
Depends if the Japanese as hosts make semis or not as they already auto qualified

All that was the qualifying tournament for the tournament. It our continued failures that seen us drawn with Sth Korea in the group stage that put us in this spot

Bremsstrahlung
19-11-2019, 05:38 PM
Brandon Wilson, Nathan Atkinson, Lachlan wale and Riley Mcgree all banned from internationals for up to 9 months.

StannyCFCJET
20-11-2019, 12:22 AM
Brandon Wilson, Nathan Atkinson, Lachlan wale and Riley Mcgree all banned from internationals for up to 9 months.
What exactly did they do?

Frodo
20-11-2019, 06:29 AM
What exactly did they do?

Supposedly they went out late and had some consensual group fornication. Don't know the exact details. But no police trouble of anything.

The Dunster
20-11-2019, 08:07 AM
Supposedly they went out late and had some consensual group fornication. Don't know the exact details. But no police trouble of anything.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/olyroos-quartet-cop-heavy-bans-for-unprofessional-conduct-in-cambodia-20191119-p53c3r.html

There's absolutely no such thing as consensual group fornication involving multiple footballers and one female.

They may not have raped her perse but I'd be very confident that if she could have foreseen the result she would never have participated.

All four players are absolute grubs and neither the game or society has a place for this type of behaviour.

pv4
20-11-2019, 09:01 AM
There's absolutely no such thing as consensual group fornication involving multiple footballers and one female.

This statement is just flat out false. Each circumstance has its own context and there is no possible way you can throw a blanket statement over all of them like that and expect it to be correct. I personally have been told first-hand accounts, from at least one female, that directly prove your statement wrong. To add a remote amount of detail to this, I used to be involved with a girl whose sister was a "groupie" for an NRL team and without even stretching I can think of at least 4 stories I have been told that don't fit your theory there, one of which even involved a formal contract. I am not advocating for this act to happen fyi. I am just pointing out it does happen, and there is such thing as consensual group fornication involving footballers and women, and you'd have to know each individual circumstance to judge whether it was or not.

Without knowing the full context of the situation with these footballers for this specific circumstance, it's hard to also conclude how grubby or how fit they are or aren't for society either tbh. All we know for sure is they have been judged to have broken the National Code of Conduct, they are able to appeal their sanctions, and that a complaint was made by a female which was later withdrawn.

My main judgement drawn from this is at least Riley McGree is an idiot. With his form he has a genuine claim to a senior National Team spot. I see him as Dimi's main threat for a place, so for him to not fly under the radar and impress his coaches both on and off the field is really hurtful to his own awesome chances. I'm really intrigued to find out why he has less of a punishment than the other players though, it's almost as if there isn't a blanket statement, blanket punishment and blanket judgement you can just throw over all of the players here when even the people involved are being dealt with differently..

The Dunster
20-11-2019, 09:16 AM
This statement is just flat out false. Each circumstance has its own context and there is no possible way you can throw a blanket statement over all of them like that and expect it to be correct. I personally have been told first-hand accounts, from at least one female, that directly prove your statement wrong. To add a remote amount of detail to this, I used to be involved with a girl whose sister was a "groupie" for an NRL team and without even stretching I can think of at least 4 stories I have been told that don't fit your theory there, one of which even involved a formal contract. I am not advocating for this act to happen fyi. I am just pointing out it does happen, and there is such thing as consensual group fornication involving footballers and women, and you'd have to know each individual circumstance to judge whether it was or not.

Without knowing the full context of the situation with these footballers for this specific circumstance, it's hard to also conclude how grubby or how fit they are or aren't for society either tbh. All we know for sure is they have been judged to have broken the National Code of Conduct, they are able to appeal their sanctions, and that a complaint was made by a female which was later withdrawn.

My main judgement drawn from this is at least Riley McGree is an idiot. With his form he has a genuine claim to a senior National Team spot. I see him as Dimi's main threat for a place, so for him to not fly under the radar and impress his coaches both on and off the field is really hurtful to his own awesome chances. I'm really intrigued to find out why he has less of a punishment than the other players though, it's almost as if there isn't a blanket statement, blanket punishment and blanket judgement you can just throw over all of the players here when even the people involved are being dealt with differently..

I've been to parties before and witnessed females begging groups of blokes to bang them - I've even been one of the blokes the females have solicited - on occasions to participate.

But these females are not of sound mind which means that it's not consensual.

Are you telling me that the sister of your female friend was a perfectly normal / reasonable person without any "issues" ?

plague
20-11-2019, 09:33 AM
pfffft, theres heaps of clips on the internet of chicks with groups of blokes and they look like they are having a jolly good time, and the cinematography is fantastic btw.

also, gypo Arnolds lack of comment is just typically him. such a weak prick.

as for McGree, i can only assume that because he's a real chance of missing senior games, his punishment (even though shorter) is having just as big, if not bigger impact on his career.
legit though if all this has come about because they stiffed her for a lift home then its poor play from the boys. gotta show the proper respect after an all in everyone knows that.

The Dunster
20-11-2019, 09:54 AM
Why didn't the four players just stay back at the motel room and root each other like real men rather than share a chick between them ?

pv4
20-11-2019, 12:04 PM
I've been to parties before and witnessed females begging groups of blokes to bang them - I've even been one of the blokes the females have solicited - on occasions to participate.

But these females are not of sound mind which means that it's not consensual.

Are you telling me that the sister of your female friend was a perfectly normal / reasonable person without any "issues" ?

You've gone from a very broad objective (false) statement to a high level of subjectivity here..

You're asking the wrong person because I am of the belief that no person, including you and me, fits the bill of perfectly normal and reasonable. Everyone has issues.

This example is also referring to people involved in the NRL, of which I have many more judgements about their character based exclusively off that fact.

But in the instance of this female friend, there were lawyers present from both sides for the contract story, and my very brief and loose understanding is a lawyer has to make sure the person signing contracts are of a state of mind you are asking about here.

Your stories sound wild. Your blanket statement that there is no such thing as consensual agreements in any of those scenarios ever, is wrong.

pv4
20-11-2019, 12:09 PM
also, gypo Arnolds lack of comment is just typically him. such a weak prick.

I also took a massive amount of pleasure from this.

StannyCFCJET
20-11-2019, 12:27 PM
Didnt Riley not return to us because his GF was in Melbourne and now he's done something with the olyroos lol

plague
20-11-2019, 12:48 PM
Everyone has issues.

i dont have any issues.

Cheers,
Plague.

The Dunster
20-11-2019, 01:00 PM
Your stories sound wild.

I actually wish none of it was true to be honest. Too many of the people I partied with back then are no longer around - and it isn't because of old age.
That's why I'm so against people normalising such behaviour - it more often than not has tragic consequences.

plague
20-11-2019, 04:31 PM
i dont have any issues.

actually I dont have a podcast.
thats an issue.

MFKS
20-11-2019, 06:24 PM
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/olyroos-quartet-cop-heavy-bans-for-unprofessional-conduct-in-cambodia-20191119-p53c3r.html

They may not have raped her perse but I'd be very confident that if she could have foreseen the result she would never have participated.

All four players are absolute grubs and neither the game or society has a place for this type of behaviour.

The problem I gonna have here is that you are applying two sets of rules

You are expecting the men to take responsibility for their actions

You are also avoiding having the female take responsibility for her actions

Reality is she is guilty of slutty behaviour

If these 4 guys haven't raped her then technically what have they done wrong??

Absolutely nothing

There is no law saying you can't tag in your mates with a girl when all are in agreement

The issue here lies with the girl regretting her slutty behaviour and the FFA overstepping their reach by getting involved in the personal lives of the players

The PFA should be all over this as they have the FFA smearing their clients names with this matter in the public domain

Jeterpool
20-11-2019, 07:54 PM
Didnt Riley not return to us because his GF was in Melbourne and now he's done something with the olyroos lol

Probably not a GF anymore

The Dunster
29-11-2019, 06:22 PM
Probably not a GF anymore

The WAG's are too attached to the dollar to let a bit of swimming in other ponds ruin their free ride.

StannyCFCJET
29-11-2019, 08:15 PM
The WAG's are too attached to the dollar to let a bit of swimming in other ponds ruin their free ride.

I doubt young Aussies are getting paid enough to have though kinds of wags

Jetmaster
08-01-2020, 09:49 PM
AFC games being streamed on Kayo and My Football on Youtube...no commentary on game v Iraq now.

The Dunster
08-01-2020, 10:41 PM
Holy crap what a free kick by Piscopo. Absolute missile of a free kick.

MFKS
08-01-2020, 11:27 PM
Holy crap what a free kick by Piscopo. Absolute missile of a free kick.

How good though was the Iraqi equaliser??

You never see that from Skip players

The desire to beat a man outside the box and have a crack from 20 yards

MFKS
12-01-2020, 12:39 AM
Currently getting toweleed by the Thais

Arnold proving he can't coach AGAIN

Grimario
12-01-2020, 08:19 AM
No comment on the full-time score, eh Member?

Thailand U23 would beat the Jets.

Why aren't we get players like Superchoc, Supernat, Superchai or Anon? They'd cost peanuts.

MFKS
12-01-2020, 11:42 AM
No comment on the full-time score, eh Member?

Thailand U23 would beat the Jets.

Why aren't we get players like Superchoc, Supernat, Superchai or Anon? They'd cost peanuts.
As for the full time result I wouldn't.say it was skill or talent. We were just fitter than them and wore them down

I seriously doubt these players would cost peanuts being they play for Buriram the biggest club in LoS and would be on a reasonable contract and be looking to move onto the J League in the near future

That being said the rest of the League is under capitalised and we could be signing some quality players from there for little

12-01-2020, 12:47 PM
As for the full time result I wouldn't.say it was skill or talent. We were just fitter than them and wore them down

I seriously doubt these players would cost peanuts being they play for Buriram the biggest club in LoS and would be on a reasonable contract and be looking to move onto the J League in the near future

That being said the rest of the League is under capitalised and we could be signing some quality players from there for little

Why would A League clubs want to do that when it is so much easier for them to continue the recycling of blokes on there 4th plus club and not getting any better and will not.

And as a result of that in time the A League will flounder from a lack of finances and interest because the league will not be a marketable commodity because people are fed with being asked to support a league fostering too many average state league standard players.

MFKS
23-01-2020, 08:36 AM
Lost the semi final to Korea 2-0

Need to win the 3rd place match v Uzbekistan to go to Tokyo otherwise Arnold's decision to not pick Arzani will be debated

MFKS
26-01-2020, 01:26 AM
Won the match 1-0

Honestly this game showed how ****ing stupid we are as footballers

1-0 up the opponent down to 10 men and we can't keep the ball nor actually play a decent pass or run to kill the game off

There is seeing a game off professionally and then there is the amateur arse effort we produced

Not Gypo Arnold's Fault but a general failing of the Dutch Mango sucking FFA frauds who don't teach kids any football intelligence

boz-monaut
26-01-2020, 08:47 AM
this will be seen as vindication that the Dutch bros and Arnold junta are working

this is good news, let's face it - but the fact we haven't been to the Olympics since Beijing should have been cause for an overhaul years ago

belchardo
29-06-2021, 05:29 PM
mens olympics squad

Olyroos squad: Daniel Arzani, Nathaniel Atkinson, Keanu Baccus, Nicholas D’Agostino, Thomas Deng, Mitchell Duke, Denis Genreau, Thomas Glover, Joel King, Ashley Maynard-Brewer, Riley McGree, Connor Metcalfe, Dylan Pierias, Reno Piscopo, Kye Rowles, Harry Souttar, Ruon Tongyik, Caleb Watts.

Buddha
06-07-2021, 12:34 PM
Tongyik & Najjarine replaced by Rich-Baghuelou & Tilio

Classified reason for Tongyik & unsure Najjarine's removal

Bremsstrahlung
22-07-2021, 08:14 PM
Spain and Egypt played out a 0-0 draw

Bremsstrahlung
22-07-2021, 08:35 PM
Arzani forgot he’s allowed to shoot and can do things other than evade.
Got hipped, then hacked down their player.
What a 4 minutes for him.

FMD. It’s an arzani wankfest already.

belchardo
22-07-2021, 08:37 PM
Do Argentina have a formation or did the coach just tell them to go work it out for themselves?

belchardo
22-07-2021, 08:41 PM
Speed hasn't called for a VAR review yet, so am I correct in assuming there is no VAR in this tournament?

Bremsstrahlung
22-07-2021, 08:41 PM
Forgot home much I hate the diving antics from South Americans.

Bremsstrahlung
22-07-2021, 08:42 PM
Speed hasn't called for a VAR review yet, so am I correct in assuming there is no VAR in this tournament?

There is VAR. not sure how legit it is. Wood looked offside for his goal for NZ as flagged by AR, but VAR took 2 minutes to award a goal.

Bremsstrahlung
22-07-2021, 08:43 PM
Wow

Bremsstrahlung
22-07-2021, 08:59 PM
McGree almost with a bicycle wow

belchardo
22-07-2021, 09:19 PM
Woops! Not the best moment by the ref there.

Bremsstrahlung
22-07-2021, 10:07 PM
We are certainly giving this rolling around business a fair crack

Bremsstrahlung
22-07-2021, 10:08 PM
Second touch hahaha

boz-monaut
22-07-2021, 10:14 PM
several times watching this I've found myself saying this is some seriously good football for under 23s

boz-monaut
22-07-2021, 10:26 PM
I think it's now time to get carried away and say things like "maybe Graham Anold isnt a massive, useless ****"

22-07-2021, 10:37 PM
We are certainly giving this rolling around business a fair crack

Raheem's influence on the side no doubt

Buddha
23-07-2021, 07:41 AM
Tilio & Wales werent even included in the original squad lol

Bon
23-07-2021, 07:59 AM
I think it's now time to get carried away and say things like "maybe Graham Anold isnt a massive, useless ****"

I found myself uttering such nonsense last night too!!!
I'm hoping it was just the Crankshaft beer talking...

Swifts
23-07-2021, 08:31 AM
I found myself uttering such nonsense last night too!!!
I'm hoping it was just the Crankshaft beer talking...

Leave Crankshaft out of this! :rof:

Jardelsimage
23-07-2021, 08:32 AM
once again Arzani is showing how useless he is

Bremsstrahlung
23-07-2021, 08:58 AM

The kid has potential, but at the moment he looks lost.
The media beat up has ruined this kids career.

You see moments of raw ability and skills. He is a good dribbler. There were at least two occasions where he had a 1 on 1 or an opportunity to drive and shoot but opted to do some fancy dribble shit and turn out. Drive! Shoot! Score! Where’s the winger instincts?
In the last 4 years: he has played like 50 appearances (I daresay less than half were starts) for 6 goals. That’s also his stats for first team football.
He’s had some bad luck, but there’s no way he deserves the hype the media give this kid. He needs consistent senior football and he may be a great player.

Anyway. Overall I thought we played rather well. Could have easily been 4-0. Very interested to see how we perform against Spain.

Buddha
23-07-2021, 08:58 AM
Copped the FoxSports Hype treatment. Its a genuine curse

Grimario
23-07-2021, 09:21 AM
If Arzani played a sport that only involved dribbling, he would be great. But any time he had to pass the ball, he was absolutely shit. Can tell he has played 5 games in 5 years or whatever it is.

So good to watch that game though. Dunno who the coach is but he seemed less like that Arnie wanker that used to coach down the road.

Jetmaster
23-07-2021, 12:29 PM
Arzani forgot he’s allowed to shoot and can do things other than evade.
Got hipped, then hacked down their player.
What a 4 minutes for him.

FMD. It’s an arzani wankfest already.

It was Speedzani, we are still cursed with his presence a month longer.

Jardelsimage
23-07-2021, 12:30 PM
If Arzani played a sport that only involved dribbling, he would be great. But any time he had to pass the ball, he was absolutely shit. Can tell he has played 5 games in 5 years or whatever it is.

So good to watch that game though. Dunno who the coach is but he seemed less like that Arnie wanker that used to coach down the road.

Yep, cant pass for shit, the only disappointing side to last nights game was the theatrics by both sides, it is embarrassing to watch.
Argentina did a lot more rolling around than us, but we did our fair share.

Buddha
23-07-2021, 01:12 PM
Arzani last night

Grimario
23-07-2021, 04:45 PM
In the last 4 years: he has played like 50 appearances (I daresay less than half were starts) for 6 goals. That’s also his stats for first team football.
He’s had some bad luck, but there’s no way he deserves the hype the media give this kid. He needs consistent senior football and he may be a great player.

Since he left Melbourne City not including any non-competitive reserve team football (Utrecht II is in because they play in Eerste Divisie)... 787 minutes, 19 games with 7 of those as a starter.
He also has 187 minutes in seven Oly/Socceroo games... but six of those were WQ and before and the other was last night.

Apart from one game at Utrecht II, he doesn't appear to have played an entire 90 minutes since he was in Australia.

Bremsstrahlung
25-07-2021, 09:20 PM
Oops forgot I probs should be posting in here.
Arzani with a header goal bound. Wrong goal.

Bremsstrahlung
25-07-2021, 09:44 PM
Ref very happy to be dishing out some soft yellows

Bremsstrahlung
25-07-2021, 10:00 PM
Western Sydney warriors a new franchise?

Bremsstrahlung
25-07-2021, 10:09 PM
That was coming.
Wonder if oyzabal or whatever will be counting out 6 seconds for his own keeper…

Bremsstrahlung
25-07-2021, 10:25 PM
Stupid from Atkinson. 95th minute. Pick up a yellow and get suspended.
To be fair, I’ve been pretty keen to elbow these Spanish Drama queens all game.

Bremsstrahlung
26-07-2021, 07:56 AM
So, I think we just need a draw to get to next stage.

Jetmaster
26-07-2021, 11:02 AM
So, I think we just need a draw to get to next stage.

A number of scenarios - https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15690785/how-can-argentina-spain-qualify-olympics-football-quarter-finals/

Glad the fair play rule shouldn't factor for us - we would be down the toilet. And Tilio's goal could yet prove crucial.

belchardo
28-07-2021, 08:59 PM
resting arzani! arnie's lost it!

Bremsstrahlung
28-07-2021, 09:46 PM
thats been coming for 44 minutes.

Jetmaster
28-07-2021, 10:19 PM
Speedzani at it again....."ring all your friends and tell them".....fmd.

Bremsstrahlung
28-07-2021, 10:25 PM
To be fair to arzani, that’s almost the best 10 minutes of his career.

Bremsstrahlung
28-07-2021, 10:39 PM
I hate this sport sometimes

Bremsstrahlung
29-07-2021, 07:32 AM
Overall got what we deserved imo.
If we approached this Egypt game the way we did the other 2, I think we had a fair chance.

Atkinsons yellow in the 95th minute for a frustration tackle against Spain was very silly.
Duke as an overage player baffled me. But then I saw “why can’t I dry the ball with a wet towel” D’agostino attempt to lead the line and realised we must have just been keen on anybody that had played striker.

Souttar and Deng looked reasonably good this tournament. McGree also solid.
Atkinson also impressive, bar the brain snap.

Arzani played one of the best 10 minutes of his career, should be enough to ensure he’s part of the next few Socceroos campaigns. “Remember that time when arzani came on in the Olympics and dribbled the ball and sent it into places Zadkovic didn’t know existed”.

Rowles represented his club well.
Can also thank Arnold for allowing us to add “Olympian” to the CV of Devlin when we sell him.

Overall a typical men’s Australian team performance. Raise the hopes of the nation with a good result. Be narrowly defeated by a “powerhouse” and then stumble against the team you were most expected to compete against.

Jetmaster
29-07-2021, 08:36 AM
Honestly, that "attempt" on goal by Arzani, how high was it, 30-40 metres above the goal? And I still don't think the shot saved was going in either.

Macca
29-07-2021, 08:50 AM
To be honest, I've mostly seen negative comments about last night, but I wasn't that disappointed. I thought we could have played a bit more aggressive in the first half, but we needed a draw to go through against an opponent who hadn't scored yet. The plan worked for 44 of 45 minutes, if we go into half time level I think everyone is happy. They scored off a counter and looked dangerous on the counter for the rest of the game - I don't think 90 minutes of open football would have suited us.

Second half, we needed to score, made attacking subs and I thought our attack looked pretty good. I've seen much worse attacking performances from the senior side. I enjoyed some of the link up and build up play. I'm no Arzani fan by any means but I did think he provided spark and created some nice chances. He made mistakes and turned the ball over a few times, but such is the nature of attacking players, you have to play risky and take chances. He seemed to be the main one up front willing to take the ball and try to make things happen. Not sure if it was D'Ag or Tilio he was mainly linking up with, but they played well together in general, some nice backheels.

We came close to scoring a few times, looked after the ball relatively well and definitely made them sweat before they wrapped it up on another counter. Again, giving their wingers time and space to dribble at us all game would not have been in our interests I don't think.

Probably missed Atkinson for that dumb late challenge against Spain, although I must say that ref was handing out yellows like they were going out of fashion.

Overall disappointing not to get through, but I'm not as down on it as most seem to be.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
29-07-2021, 04:18 PM
Speedzani at it again....."ring all your friends and tell them".....fmd.

Wasn't that a horrible 5 minutes of commentary.
Ring all your friends and tell them a semi decent footballer did something kinda ok.

29-07-2021, 05:05 PM
Looked like most A League games, so called professionals who couldn't hit the side of a barn. Our footballers of 10-15 years ago must shake there head at the quality of front third players and depth for that matter this country is producing.

belchardo
05-06-2022, 03:45 PM
AFC U23 asian cup on at the moment.

yengi red card was super harsh. he probably should have got a booking for an earlier challenge, but i don't think that is a red card. and then not to get the penalty awarded in the last 10 minutes - man, just seemed so clear. pretty poor refereeing for the whole match really.

great finish by kuol for his goal.

team seems more cohesive and structured than the seniors team. maybe we should swap them. think that puts them through to the next round.

MFKS
05-06-2022, 08:27 PM
AFC U23 asian cup on at the moment.

yengi red card was super harsh. he probably should have got a booking for an earlier challenge, but i don't think that is a red card. and then not to get the penalty awarded in the last 10 minutes - man, just seemed so clear. pretty poor refereeing for the whole match really.

great finish by kuol for his goal.

team seems more cohesive and structured than the seniors team. maybe we should swap them. think that puts them through to the next round.

Gypo Arnold factor

Retro Jet
11-06-2022, 11:16 PM
Watching 1/4 final now v Turkmenistan: live on hesgoal.com

belchardo
12-06-2022, 05:14 PM
i'm 30 minutes in, good to see the youngsters of turkmenistan are just as good as the seniors at rolling on the ground with grievous career-ending injuries (and then jumping straight back up once they've received treatment).

Retro Jet
12-06-2022, 09:42 PM
Won with an oggie but who gives a ***k!
Glad we're dodging Sth Korea/Japan winner for the semi.

I suspect KSA will beat Vietnam and they won't roll over.

Retro Jet
14-06-2022, 04:56 PM
Oz v KSA 11pm tomorrow night.

BP Super Dynamos
15-06-2022, 05:27 PM
Is this televised?

belchardo
16-06-2022, 04:50 AM
disappointing finish. Rich was both hard done by and completely deserving of the red card. Saudi's should have had a penalty later in the match. Beaten by a better side, we didn't offer a lot.

I've only watched a couple of matches, but the refereeing in both was pretty bad. I reckon there was 15 minutes in total where we watched the referee hold his finger to his ear listening to VAR. Then we had another 15 minutes watching players being treated on the field. and probably another 5 minutes watching substitutes meander all over the field on their way off. FIFA need to realise that this is the crap you need to sort out to keep people interested - so bloody painful.

Bremsstrahlung
16-06-2022, 07:33 AM
Thought we were a bit unlucky not to see any replays of the early moment when the keeper rushed 15 yards to fling himself at the ball and collect the Aussie in the head. All the replays showed the subsequent shot that hit the crossbar, but I thought it was a fair shout to at least look at a pen.

As bel says, idk how there wasn’t 15 minutes of stoppage time.

The red card. Why does that take sooooooo long. He lashes out and it’s a red when they have to have a look at it cause the guy Is on the ground playing dead. Bit silly. Surely they have a few looks at it and call him over. If you need 5 minutes to decide if it’s a red or not, it’s not.

We have alot of impotent possession. Keep the ball at the back and try to build well, but when they need to create, just lacking a little.

belchardo
16-06-2022, 11:29 AM
I did think the same thing about the keeper coming out. Just seemed to run straight into the Aussie player.

Buddha
16-06-2022, 04:13 PM
Thought we were a bit unlucky not to see any replays of the early moment when the keeper rushed 15 yards to fling himself at the ball and collect the Aussie in the head. All the replays showed the subsequent shot that hit the crossbar, but I thought it was a fair shout to at least look at a pen.

As bel says, idk how there wasn’t 15 minutes of stoppage time.

The red card. Why does that take sooooooo long. He lashes out and it’s a red when they have to have a look at it cause the guy Is on the ground playing dead. Bit silly. Surely they have a few looks at it and call him over. If you need 5 minutes to decide if it’s a red or not, it’s not.

We have alot of impotent possession. Keep the ball at the back and try to build well, but when they need to create, just lacking a little.

Just like 90% of teams in the League, they play a U-Shaped Possesion game with no use of their midfield.