PDA

View Full Version : Jets Tifo thread

furns
03-09-2012, 12:55 PM
All discussions on tifo here
Banners and standards ideas, all are welcome. In our discussions with the Jets recently, we have pushed to get back to the days where anyone can make their own standards and banners and bring them to games without going through the rigmarole of having to clear them with the security office first. I am hoping that we will get clarification that security will simply check them at the gate and allow them in (so long as there is no profanity or its not oversized).

Rough guidelines we have is that standards need to be no bigger than 1.2m (including poles), I will endeavour to get this clarified along with guidelines for fence banners (ie Troopers etc)
So get designing, make them good, post up pics for critiquing, please be respectful of other peoples work. Not everybody can be Da Vinci, but a certain level is required for it to look good.

The large scale tifo displays will continue to be worked on in secret - we hope that everybody understands the need for this.

If anyone shows a good level of artistic prowess, it may lead to bigger things down the road ;)

MFKS
03-09-2012, 08:52 PM
Obviously by saying the Large Scale Tifo's are secret you are not gonna divulge the content/plan of the next one.

Can you though give an indicator as to when it may be seeing the light of day though???

au revoir
03-09-2012, 09:29 PM
no

GazFish35
03-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Obviously by saying the Large Scale Tifo's are secret you are not gonna divulge the content/plan of the next one.

Can you though give an indicator as to when it may be seeing the light of day though???

Sometime between the first home game, and the last.
Usually just prior to kickoff.

MFKS
03-09-2012, 09:39 PM
:lulzturtle:So we can lock it in for this season??:lulzturtle:

GazFish35
03-09-2012, 10:03 PM
No.
We are always open to ideas for new displays.
But the "what, when and where" are always disclosed on a need to know basis.

Mitchy
04-09-2012, 11:33 AM
no

this, simple

Newcastle Jets
04-09-2012, 11:51 AM

Hi MFKS,

It is normal practice for the club to plan any supporter displays for when it is convenient for our marketing and sponsors. Supporter displays are also usually commissioned on the basis of our upcoming fixtures. Unfortunately we can't reveal the exact dates when these displays are planned for.

Hope that answers your question #goJets

Superdylan
04-09-2012, 01:07 PM
Good idea :)

furns
04-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Troll fail

GazFish35
04-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Hi MFKS,

It is normal practice for the club to plan any supporter displays for when it is convenient for our marketing and sponsors. Supporter displays are also usually commissioned on the basis of our upcoming fixtures. Unfortunately we can't reveal the exact dates when these displays are planned for.

Hope that answers your question #goJets

Bet response so far... In short Tinks hasn't paid his bills, and hasn't paid for any Tifo for the upcoming season either, so nothing is planned.

Blame the carbon tax

MFKS
05-09-2012, 10:45 AM
So what are the issues that delay the gap in time frame between Tifo's being deployed???

Time
Money
Man Power
etc??

Member would like to see more of them that's why I ask

pv4
05-09-2012, 10:51 AM
all of the above

nothing stopping the member from making his own.

MFKS
05-09-2012, 11:05 AM
:rof:Lack of talent

No sewing skills to speak of and I operate on a 2:1 ratio of turps to paint when painting.

Not to mention my skills painting are not the best as I was one of those kids who couldn't stay in the lines during colouring in comps

Yes a Serious Lack of Talent indeed

GazFish35
05-09-2012, 05:26 PM
So what are the issues that delay the gap in time frame between Tifo's being deployed???

Time
Money
Man Power
etc??

Member would like to see more of them that's why I ask

As pv4 said... All of the above.
We've had "open days" in the past and the same 12 blokes turn up.
Man power is the biggest issue.

And by man power, we mean "man" or "women" power, just not annoying lazy teenagers who can't be trusted to keep their mouths shut.

pistolpete
05-09-2012, 05:37 PM
the same 12 blokes turn up

That's a good turn out. Most of the time it is more like 2 blokes

furns
05-09-2012, 06:29 PM

And by man power, we mean "man" or "women" power, just not annoying lazy teenagers who can't be trusted to keep their mouths shut.
well in to the TRC who actually showed up last season and helped out with tifo planning, manufacture and deployment. They were the only ones who showed an interest. Hence why they are now involved with ongoing tifo stuff.

I opened this thread so we could eventually see who showed an interest and/or talent for this kind of thing so maybe down the line we could have more people who could be trusted with larger projects. Time will tell.

Blackmac79
05-09-2012, 06:43 PM
I am still waiting for info on an offseason tifo day.

Seriously.... WTF is going on.

MFKS
06-09-2012, 11:31 AM

Now as I said before I suffer from LOFT

Lack
Of
****ing
Talent

So putting me anywhere near it will create any issues. Willing to assist but safe to say I am a walking disaster zone with this type of activity and would be more of a hinderance.

The Member feels the desire to contribute though but in ways other than painting sewing.

Are you willing to take donations of anything to assist?? If so what is required coz that I can do!!

Or is there any other way i could be of assistance??

BodyNovo
06-09-2012, 11:50 AM
That's a good turn out. Most of the time it is more like 2 blokes

that S ruined everything.

furns
06-09-2012, 06:29 PM

Lack
Of
****ing
Talent

So putting me anywhere near it will create any issues. Willing to assist but safe to say I am a walking disaster zone with this type of activity and would be more of a hinderance.

The Member feels the desire to contribute though but in ways other than painting sewing.

Are you willing to take donations of anything to assist?? If so what is required coz that I can do!!

Or is there any other way i could be of assistance??Even if you dont have talent, you can follow simple instructions? Leave the talent to other people, the issue isnt just design its having enough hands to get the jobs done.
Most of us didnt know how to use a sewing machine when we were making the giant NEWCASTLE dropdown tifo, by the end it was fairly simple. Even if its cutting material or painting inside some lines, it doesnt require talent. It just requires people who want to help out to show up and do what is needed.

Osvaldo
14-09-2012, 07:03 PM
How many others who became members before 4th September haven't received the Membership Pack yet? Did yours get "lost in the mail"? My Jets Membership Pack, supposedly "lost in the mail". They say they are going to send me another, don't know when I will get it. How can you lose your Jets Membership Pack in the mail?

Hamma12
14-09-2012, 07:48 PM
How many others who became members before 4th September haven't received the Membership Pack yet? Did yours get "lost in the mail"? My Jets Membership Pack, supposedly "lost in the mail". They say they are going to send me another, don't know when I will get it. How can you lose your Jets Membership Pack in the mail?

This is a Tifo thread champ

GazFish35
14-09-2012, 08:41 PM

Lack
Of
****ing
Talent

Or is there any other way i could be of assistance??

always happy to take your money!
but as furns said, if you can paint between lines (to a Yr4 standard) and follow direction from those with the vision, its all pretty simple really.
tifo is done on big scale... its easy to hide mistakes...... look at some pictures of the NEWCASTLE tifo, there is one obvious **** up..... but i can spot 15 more.... but no-one noticed on the night.

HaydenDX101
24-10-2012, 12:30 PM
SHould have a Tifo donation bucket down the front of the bay or up the back when people are leaving, just for anyone that wanted to put in some money for tifos. Alot of people would put in pocket change at the end of the night, with that many people in the bay it would surely help

stormypete
24-10-2012, 01:04 PM
SHould have a Tifo donation bucket down the front of the bay or up the back when people are leaving, just for anyone that wanted to put in some money for tifos. Alot of people would put in pocket change at the end of the night, with that many people in the bay it would surely help

Perhaps a donation bucket on / near the main Western Grandstand entrance / exit (if it doesn't already "exist").
I've been over in the Western Grandstand for few years now and have really enjoyed the TIFOs ... especially as we get the best view of them.
I know I couldn't contribute in any way except to chuck a few bucks in your direction.

The TIFOs deserve financial support as required (The HUGE NEWCASTLE TIFO is still my PC background).

Pete

timmy_v
24-10-2012, 04:57 PM
were working on something here on the site that people can donate to the TIFO funds.

Superdylan
24-10-2012, 05:27 PM
What about a bbq, with the bbq at the tennis club in the back garden?

All profits going to tifo.

au revoir
24-10-2012, 05:35 PM
pool party!

all profits going to tifo.

timmy_v
25-10-2012, 06:47 AM
What about a bbq, with the bbq at the tennis club in the back garden?

All profits going to tifo.

The more money people sink into the tenzo the better it is for the whole group. A BBQ would be good but were not going to cut the tenzo in anyway.