PDA

View Full Version : FFA Cup 2019/20

Jetmaster
26-06-2019, 08:33 PM
The draw is on now. Franco Parisi pulling from the pot no less.

Jetmaster
26-06-2019, 08:39 PM
Jets away to Victory...so to next season.

Jetmaster
26-06-2019, 08:50 PM
Edgeworth off to Darwin. Magpies will be hosting an A-League team.

Cum on Coasties....

Jetmaster
26-06-2019, 08:53 PM
YESSSSSSSS!

All roads lead to Cook Square.

Actually...might be the Sportsground. They said they would move it if they hosted A-League opposition.

Frodo
26-06-2019, 09:13 PM
So effing keen to watch the Marinades* lose to the Maitland FC boys.

*autocorrect but I liked it nonetheless.

Couscous
26-06-2019, 10:48 PM
We will destroy the Victory. I will be present and it will be wonderful.

Roundball Enthusiast
26-06-2019, 11:51 PM
We will destroy the Victory. I will be present and it will be wonderful.

Hacked.

evolution
27-06-2019, 09:32 AM
YESSSSSSSS!

All roads lead to Cook Square.

Actually...might be the Sportsground. They said they would move it if they hosted A-League opposition.

F#@k yes. So hyped for this!

Alton
27-06-2019, 02:06 PM
F#@k yes. So hyped for this!

Magic Park will be confirmed as host very shortly.

The Dunster
27-06-2019, 02:47 PM

Maitland Council are a joke if they let this happen. Actually the 7.5% per annum rate increases and $51m for a bypass / roundabout which doesn't work suggests we won't be getting to see the game locally.

Jetmaster
27-06-2019, 02:51 PM
And that will kill off a possible 3-5000 crowd up here. Families won't travel down on a school night for starters.

I had a posse of 6 ready to go to the game but I'll be by myself if they move it down there.

The Dunster
27-06-2019, 02:55 PM
And that will kill off a possible 3-5000 crowd up here. Families won't travel down on a school night for starters.

I had a posse of 6 ready to go to the game but I'll be by myself if they move it down there.

I'm only interested if it's in Maitland. And given the shit form of Maitland Council it seems very unlikely save for a miracle or another rate increase on top of the 7.5% per annum increases we are already absorbing for that shit hole $51m bypass / roundabout fiasco and other assorted useless infrastructure.

Jetmaster
27-06-2019, 03:00 PM
**** 'em.

Club should just put up a big screen at Cook Square and have a barbecue and beer night.

the_butcher
27-06-2019, 03:51 PM

No it won't be. 100% at Maitland.

plague
27-06-2019, 04:19 PM
wait? did people not get the gag?

The Dunster
27-06-2019, 04:28 PM
No it won't be. 100% at Maitland.

Who is footing the bill for the lights ?

Roundball Enthusiast
27-06-2019, 04:43 PM
Who is footing the bill for the lights ?

Kennards sponsoring the match (with lights).

Absolute legends.

The Dunster
27-06-2019, 05:25 PM
Kennards sponsoring the match (with lights).

Absolute legends.

Brilliant. Well done Kennards.

turbojetfireV8
26-07-2019, 09:06 PM
NBN last night on Edgeworth's progression to next round
http://video.nbnnews.com.au/eaglesvdarwin250719.mp4

The Dunster
30-07-2019, 10:25 AM
General Admission for Maitland vs CCM FFA Cup game is $15. I'd pay $50 if it went to the club but no way will I pay $15 when Maitland Council are involved.

turbojetfireV8
30-07-2019, 10:27 PM
NBN tonight on Maitland v sCCuM

http://video.nbnnews.com.au/marinersstaj300719.mp4

Wandering
31-07-2019, 04:10 PM
$6 dollars a beer after the $15 dollars entry for tonight, Maitland will recoup their lighting costs pretty quickly with a good turnout!

The Dunster
31-07-2019, 05:11 PM
$6 dollars a beer after the $15 dollars entry for tonight, Maitland will recoup their lighting costs pretty quickly with a good turnout!

What's Maitland Councils cut ?

Wandering
31-07-2019, 06:35 PM
What's Maitland Councils cut ?
Fairly certain they dont get one and the club keep it all

The Dunster
31-07-2019, 06:56 PM
A bit of light rain in Maitland at the moment.

Bremsstrahlung
31-07-2019, 08:51 PM
Hoole back at mariners?

Jetmaster
31-07-2019, 09:25 PM
Ernie not losing sleep tonight on cutting Cowby....has been pants.

Bremsstrahlung
31-07-2019, 09:42 PM
Hoole back at mariners?

Never mind, fox sports was tricking me.

The Dunster
31-07-2019, 11:07 PM
Ernie not losing sleep tonight on cutting Cowby....has been pants.

What was the game like ? Two early goals and not much else looking at the stats.

Jetmaster
31-07-2019, 11:21 PM
What was the game like ? Two early goals and not much else looking at the stats.

Mariners passing around, Maitland playing hoofball.

Almost 3000 people and ran out of hot chips according to Fox.

Aegon
01-08-2019, 09:14 AM
Daniel Desilva looked a class above everyone on the field.
Mariners lost their 2 starting CB's to injury and ended up with Matt Simon in defence.
Joel Wood had one really good chance at the end of the first half that could have changed the game.
Matt Simon missed 3 open header chances that should have buried the game.
Matt Thompsen was terrible when he came on. couldn't hold the ball.
I 100% believe Simon is a hindrance to the Mariners as he offers very little apart from work rate.

All in all, apart from the early goals Mariners weren't great in attack. They just played a high pressure defence for 90mins that Matialnd couldn't cope with so resorted to balls over the top.

Tommyjet
01-08-2019, 11:52 AM
Daniel Desilva looked a class above everyone on the field.
Mariners lost their 2 starting CB's to injury and ended up with Matt Simon in defence.
Joel Wood had one really good chance at the end of the first half that could have changed the game.
Matt Simon missed 3 open header chances that should have buried the game.
Matt Thompsen was terrible when he came on. couldn't hold the ball.
I 100% believe Simon is a hindrance to the Mariners as he offers very little apart from work rate.

All in all, apart from the early goals Mariners weren't great in attack. They just played a high pressure defence for 90mins that Matialnd couldn't cope with so resorted to balls over the top.

Agree with all that except Thompson. His first 3 or so touches were horrendous turnovers but after that he actually get Maitland forward more consistently and was at the centre of most of maitlands attacking raids in the back end of the game

Couscous
01-08-2019, 10:03 PM
Thank you for the reports.

MFKS
02-08-2019, 11:56 AM

I think the Gypos problems run much deeper than this guy playing for them

Matter of fact he offers more than 99% of them do as he looks like he is the only one out there who gives a **** about their shirt

boz-monaut
02-08-2019, 02:30 PM
I think the Gypos problems run much deeper than this guy playing for them

Matter of fact he offers more than 99% of them do as he looks like he is the only one out there who gives a **** about their shirt
this post brings joy to the bottom of my heart

Couscous
03-08-2019, 12:54 PM
I'm here for the unexpected love story of the Member and Matt

MFKS
04-08-2019, 11:04 PM
this post brings joy to the bottom of my heart

That I acknowledge Matt Simon seems to give a **** about the Gypo Coast??
Didn't think I was offering any outlandish assessment

evolution
09-08-2019, 12:31 PM
Jets game vs Edgy confirmed as 21 August - 7:30pm @ Jack Mclaughlin Oval

Jetmaster
09-08-2019, 01:20 PM
Just curious as this could get a big build up, and with things going well this week.

What is Edgy's capacity?

boz-monaut
09-08-2019, 02:52 PM
That I acknowledge Matt Simon seems to give a **** about the Gypo Coast??
Didn't think I was offering any outlandish assessmentthat Simon is their best player and the only one to care

because he's utter garbage, as a footballer and as a person

I couldn't think of a worse human being to rest the hopes of a club on - which brings me joy to see the Mariners do so

turbojetfireV8
19-08-2019, 09:34 PM
NBN McBreen on Edgy playing Jets
http://video.nbnnews.com.au/jetseaglespre190819.mp4

Dogshot99
20-08-2019, 07:30 AM
From the Herald

FFA Cup: Edgeworth dare to dream of upset over Newcastle Jets

CRAIG KERRY

Local Sport

Edgeworth coach Damian Zane believes an upset over the Newcastle Jets on Wednesday night is "attainable" and the A-League club's depleted defensive stocks "might even things up a bit" in the history-making FFA Cup clash.

The Eagles host the Jets at Jack McLaughlan Oval in the televised round of 16 match, which will be the first cup game with a Hunter team against the region's flagship side. The winner will also become the first from northern NSW to make the last eight in the nationwide knockout.

Edgeworth will be long odds to topple the Jets but they loom as the biggest challenge locally for the club.

Under Zane, the Eagles have claimed the past four NNSW NPL premierships, won two of four grand finals, made the national NPL decider in 2016 and been to the cup's round of 16 twice. They lost 5-1 to Western Sydney Wanderers in the last 16 in 2016, a year after going down 2-1 to Melbourne City and a late Aaron Mooy free kick in the round of 32.

Zane, though, said taking on the Jets at home was "the biggest game we've had" and one they could win.

"It's bigger than any grand final," Zane said.

"I think it's bigger than the Western Sydney game for the simple fact it's the Jets. The NPL final was big, but making the last eight in Australia in the cup would be bigger than that. You are talking A-League teams and everything, and I think it's attainable too."

Edgeworth are second in the NNSW NPL with a round to play and an outside chance of a record 13th top-division title. Their recent success has been built on defence and discipline and Zane believed those attributes would hold them in good stead against the Jets, who have defenders Nigel Boogaard, Nikolai Topor-Stanley, Lachlan Jackson and Ben Kantarovski sidelined.

"If they've got a couple out at the back ... probably our strength is our defence, and their strength is their attack," Zane said.

"So if Topor doesn't play, and Lachy Jackson is battling ... they are good defenders you are talking about, so that might even things up a bit.

"We're a pretty disciplined team and when you come into these big games, that's the key. You've got to be disciplined for 90 minutes, not just when you like.

"If you're not, then there's those little times when they make you pay. That's why they are at that next level."

He also believed his side were better placed to challenge A-League opposition this time around.

"When we played Western Sydney, they were in full swing," he said. "They had Asian Champions League qualifiers to come and they were quite advanced.

"It's earlier this time. Last time we played them in grand final week. They are professionals and each week they get fitter and sharper, so each week earlier you can play them, the better."

Edgeworth will also take heart from a 1-0 loss to the Jets in a friendly on July 27 at Jack McLaughlan Oval in which the Eagles were missing Sam Maxwell, Daniel McBreen, Josh Rose, Tyson Jackson and Keanu Moore. All return for the cup game.

"I think [Wes] Hoolahan and [Abdiel] Arroyo will play, so they will be better as well," Zane said of the Jets.

"It's hard to be critical of the guys that day because they did an amazing job ... but on paper we'll definitely have a better team than we did. At the same time, the Jets have had a month since then, so they go up a few gears and I thought they were quite decent against Victory."

"We've shown we can give a good account of ourselves. We've played A-League teams in trial games and acquitted ourselves well.

"I just watched the video of the Melbourne City game, and it just sinks in that we were so close to having a draw.

"And I reckon we would have got them in extra time.

"The Western Sydney game got a bit out of hand, and there were some things I probably would have done differently. Even that game, we got to 10 minutes from halftime and it was nil-all and we conceded from a set piece.

"I think we're good at keeping ourselves in games, and that's the key when you're playing better opponents."

While the Jets have injury concerns, Edgeworth are well understrength on their best line-up this season.

Mitch Dobson and Jose Atayde are overseas, leading scorer Oliver Smith is suspended, experienced defenders Dom Bizzarri (knee - season) and Josh Evans (away) are missing and top goalkeeper Nate Cavaliere (hand - season) is also sidelined.

Couscous
20-08-2019, 10:21 AM
The Jets have a good chance. Our coach is better.

turbojetfireV8
20-08-2019, 09:03 PM
NBN lead in to cup tie
http://video.nbnnews.com.au/jetsdimi200819.mp4

turbojetfireV8
20-08-2019, 09:16 PM
NBN footage only v Hamilton
http://video.nbnnews.com.au/jetsvolympic160819.mp4

Couscous
21-08-2019, 08:37 PM
Big mood in here.

plague
21-08-2019, 10:25 PM
ground/crowd looked fantastic on the telly.
well done Edgy.

plague
21-08-2019, 10:40 PM
Player ratings (out of 10):
keeper: -40, got beat by a 42 year old. resign and retire son, its over.
Hoff: 10. the salt and pepper look is fantastic. looking forward to seeing him in the new Connor catalog.
other blokes in the back: 8, you werent Jackson. Congrats.
Ugaboogaman: 10. love the bloke.
Ridenton: was gonna give you a 4 but after the bloke boomed over the PA "Rideton you suck" i rethought and you get 0.
Dimi/New Jair: rinse repeat.
Wessi: too good for us, sack him tomorrow.
Fitzgerald: not good enough for us, therefore a new 4 year contract is on the cards.

Jetkel
21-08-2019, 10:50 PM
Front 3 / 4 looked really good tonight. Sharp passing made plenty of space, be good if we could actually finish.

Thought Ug’s distribution was a bit below par by his standards. Still won plenty of ball though.

Early days but cracking start to the season.

Couscous
22-08-2019, 09:13 AM
One of our biggest-ever wins and youse guys don't give a.

pv4
22-08-2019, 10:01 AM
keeper: -40, got beat by a 42 year old. resign and retire son, its over.

This is both true and correct.

Millar - good. Was very productive going forward and looked dangerous often.
Langlois & JohnnyK - not tested enough, but neither oozed confidence either. They will be good backup.
Hoff - he is good when he doesn't try to play too much with the ball. He is an athlete, not a footballer. If we go back to the Scott Miller days of restricting his freedom of playing, he will be far more useful for us. This left back spot is surely nailed on for Hoff for the season, particularly as you read on and see how much we hopefully won't need him in the front third.
UG - what a man. Still one of our best players on a relatively low-key night for him.
Ridenton - not Kanta.
Dimi, Fitz & Wessi - I want to group these three together, because their combinations showed brilliant signs and I think will get even better. These guys are going to have absolute fun together this year, and I look forward to it. For a preseason that has been reported we have struggled for attacking ideas, this trio working that well so early in their relationship is a massive positive. Fitz was my MotM - he had moments of being wasteful but also put the thing on a dime for so many players so often. We can already tell Wessi is far, far too good for us.
Arroyo - you can tell he doesn't speak the language and hasn't gelled with the team yet. But you can also tell that he is quick, very quick. And you can also point out that with that trio behind him, if Arroyo can run fast to the right position he will have several goals teed up to him on a platter. If I were Roy, I'd be feeling a bit dirty I didn't hang around to play in this front 4.

Knowing we have Boogs, NTS, Moss & Kanta still to come back into this lineup, I took a lot of positives from that game.

If I were Ernie, assuming Boogs & NTS are actually going to be OK for the season, I'd be looking to fill this last squad spot with a certified left back or like he is saying a versatile defensive mid that could play wide back also if needed. That would relieve the pressure off our CMs currently, or if a left back will give us the luxury of having Hoff as a very decent option from the bench to cover most positions. Left back aside, Hoff has quickly found himself in the position he was in at the start of the grand final year where we were too good in every position to actually give him a starting spot.

plague
22-08-2019, 10:27 AM
One of our biggest-ever wins and youse guys don't give a.

It's as if my comprehensive and entirely accurate and good post match analysis isn't posted up on here.

Geez.

StannyCFCJET
22-08-2019, 10:28 AM
This is both true and correct.

Millar - good. Was very productive going forward and looked dangerous often.
Langlois & JohnnyK - not tested enough, but neither oozed confidence either. They will be good backup.
Hoff - he is good when he doesn't try to play too much with the ball. He is an athlete, not a footballer. If we go back to the Scott Miller days of restricting his freedom of playing, he will be far more useful for us. This left back spot is surely nailed on for Hoff for the season, particularly as you read on and see how much we hopefully won't need him in the front third.
UG - what a man. Still one of our best players on a relatively low-key night for him.
Ridenton - not Kanta.
Dimi, Fitz & Wessi - I want to group these three together, because their combinations showed brilliant signs and I think will get even better. These guys are going to have absolute fun together this year, and I look forward to it. For a preseason that has been reported we have struggled for attacking ideas, this trio working that well so early in their relationship is a massive positive. Fitz was my MotM - he had moments of being wasteful but also put the thing on a dime for so many players so often. We can already tell Wessi is far, far too good for us.
Arroyo - you can tell he doesn't speak the language and hasn't gelled with the team yet. But you can also tell that he is quick, very quick. And you can also point out that with that trio behind him, if Arroyo can run fast to the right position he will have several goals teed up to him on a platter. If I were Roy, I'd be feeling a bit dirty I didn't hang around to play in this front 4.

Knowing we have Boogs, NTS, Moss & Kanta still to come back into this lineup, I took a lot of positives from that game.

If I were Ernie, assuming Boogs & NTS are actually going to be OK for the season, I'd be looking to fill this last squad spot with a certified left back or like he is saying a versatile defensive mid that could play wide back also if needed. That would relieve the pressure off our CMs currently, or if a left back will give us the luxury of having Hoff as a very decent option from the bench to cover most positions. Left back aside, Hoff has quickly found himself in the position he was in at the start of the grand final year where we were too good in every position to actually give him a starting spot.

Yet he found himself in the starting squad anyway

pv4
22-08-2019, 10:38 AM
Yet he found himself in the starting squad anyway

At left back. Which I specifically noted.

plague
22-08-2019, 10:43 AM

You praised gypos and bagged The Hoff.
Disc-race.

StannyCFCJET
22-08-2019, 10:45 AM

Hoff will be back up front soon, Johnny K is our LB

lil_masi
22-08-2019, 11:02 AM
Hoff will be back up front soon, Johnny K is our LB

Who would you rather, Johnny K or Hoff LB? Both are completely different, johnny prob better defensively, hoff bombing forward which is what Ernie wants our fullbacks doing.

Bremsstrahlung
22-08-2019, 11:39 AM
Dimi looks trash without his mullet.
We made edgy look like an NPL team.
Would’ve been curious if it stayed 2-1 without the penalty how things end up.

Wessi looks good.
Hope Dimi gives him the ball.
Wessi taking corners makes me happy.
I’m still traumatised every time I see Dimi stand over a free kick or corner, and have only started to erase Hooles corners from my mind. Just happy we are clearing first man.

StannyCFCJET
22-08-2019, 11:45 AM
Who would you rather, Johnny K or Hoff LB? Both are completely different, johnny prob better defensively, hoff bombing forward which is what Ernie wants our fullbacks doing.

Hoff all day long no question, Do not like Johnny K at LB at all but we all know what Ernie will do

plague
22-08-2019, 12:11 PM

You male a perfect case for Ernie to play 2 left backs.
I'd support it.

Frodo
22-08-2019, 12:17 PM
You male a perfect case for Ernie to play 2 left backs.
I'd support it.

Play Hoffman as the LCB in the Sheffield Wednesday system of overlapping CBs (which is a real thing they do) and Johnny K at LB. So much confusion, would suit us to a tee.

Frodo
22-08-2019, 12:19 PM
Also, I love how little this sub cares about the FFA cup or the team in general this season. Gonna get to many good parking spaces this year with the place empty. Beer prices might even drop down the way things are going.

Love it... Go Jerks!

22-08-2019, 01:16 PM
Dimi looks trash without his mullet.
We made edgy look like an NPL team.
Would’ve been curious if it stayed 2-1 without the penalty how things end up.

Wessi looks good.
Hope Dimi gives him the ball.
Wessi taking corners makes me happy.
I’m still traumatised every time I see Dimi stand over a free kick or corner, and have only started to erase Hooles corners from my mind. Just happy we are clearing first man.

If last season is any form guide Dimi won't be giving the ball to anybody, Probs takes it home with him and writes his name on it so no siblings play with it.

Couscous
22-08-2019, 06:07 PM
It's as if my comprehensive and entirely accurate and good post match analysis isn't posted up on here.

Thank you, but I'm here mostly for the foolish, impulsive hot takes.

turbojetfireV8
22-08-2019, 08:26 PM
NBN wrap up tonight
http://video.nbnnews.com.au/jetsveagles220819.mp4

pv4
28-08-2019, 09:41 AM
Jerkstream Podcast reviews the FFA Cup game from last week:
https://www.newcastlefootball.net/home/2019/08/the-jetstream-review-ffa-cup-rd-of-16-wessi-or-messi/

Jetmaster
28-08-2019, 10:44 PM
Birraz still doesn't dive.

Charman
28-08-2019, 11:10 PM
O’dogavan looks shite in orange.

Jeterpool
28-08-2019, 11:11 PM
Birraz still doesn't dive.

That'll be a hindrance come pens

Charman
28-08-2019, 11:12 PM
And missed the pen. F—k that guy.

baldrick
28-08-2019, 11:14 PM
I bet we draw the mariners

Jetmaster
28-08-2019, 11:14 PM
Oh Roy....exactly the same as Mariners game end of last season. Both pens in the same place.

Charman
28-08-2019, 11:16 PM
Hope so. Bring on the Gypos.

Jetmaster
28-08-2019, 11:26 PM
Away to Adelaide.....pfft.

baldrick
28-08-2019, 11:27 PM
I bet we draw the mariners

Or Not

Charman
28-08-2019, 11:27 PM
Quarters as follows
Adelaide v jets
Mel city v wanderers
Bris strikers v Moreland Zeb
Hume v ccm

evolution
28-08-2019, 11:30 PM
Death, taxes and the Jets getting drawn away in the FFA Cup...

Couscous
28-08-2019, 11:44 PM
Death, taxes and the Jets getting drawn away in the FFA Cup...

We just had an unbelievably good draw in the round of 16, that may never happen again.

The Dunster
29-08-2019, 10:10 AM
Hopefully we beat Adelaide then Hume in the following round.

Dogshot99
30-08-2019, 08:17 AM
From the Herald
Jets welcome tough FFA Cup quarter-final in Adelaide

ROBERT DILLON

Local Sport

NEWCASTLE Jets coach Ernie Merrick says his team's FFA Cup quarter-final draw against Adelaide away will cap off an "ideal" preparation for the A-League season.

Newcastle will face Adelaide at Cooper Stadium on Tuesday, September 17, for a berth in the semi-finals.

There are three NPL teams in the last eight - Hume City and Moreland Zebras (both Victoria) and Brisbane Strikers - but Merrick was quite content to face another A-League opponent, leading into Newcastle's season-opening game against Central Coast on October 19.

"I think it's pretty well ideal," Merrick said.

"The tougher the pre-season, the better the preparation. So to play Adelaide away from home, you don't get much tougher than that, so I think it's good for us."

Merrick said he had not seen much of Adelaide under new coach Getjan Verbeek but would study them on video leading into the game.

Newcastle had two draws against Adelaide last season (0-0 and 1-1) and a 2-1 loss.

The Jets travel to Gold Coast this weekend for trial matches against Brisbane Roar on Sunday and Perth on Tuesday, then face Sydney FC in Dubbo four days after their knockout game in Adelaide.

"The Adelaide match fits well into our schedule," Merrick said. "The games aren't too crammed up.

"The Tuesday is good for us, because the following weekend we play in Dubbo.

"And playing away from home puts the boys under a bit more pressure, which is ideal at this time of year."

Merrick was confident senior players Nigel Boogaard, Nikolai Topor-Stanley, Glen Moss and Ben Kantaorvski, all of whom are recovering from injuries, would be fit for the cup semi.

AAP REPORTS: Robbie Fowler's hopes of a FFA Cup quarter-final berth were undone by Central Coast Mariners as last season's A-League wooden-spooners collected a penalty shoot-out win over Brisbane Roar on Wednesday.

Mark Birighitti was the hero for the Mariners, saving spot-kicks from Roy O'Donovan and Thomas Aldred for a 4-2 shootout win, following a 2-2 draw at Dolphin Stadium in Redcliffe.

The Roar, having seen off A-League champions Sydney FC a fortnight ago in Fowler's debut as coach, created enough chances throughout the 120 minutes, but ultimately paid a price for their profligacy.

Western Sydney Wanderers had far less trouble progressing to their fifth consecutive quarter-final, completing a near-record 7-1 victory over one-time National Soccer League powerhouse Sydney United.

Daniel Georgievski was the unlikely attacking hero with the fullback scoring twice and playing a part in several other goals.

The Wanderers raced to a 3-0 half-time advantage having also hit the frame of the goal in a dominant display.

Sydney United briefly rallied after the break, pulling a goal back from Patrick Antelmi.

But they lost their way after the dismissal of Yianni Perkatis following his role in a fracas. The Wanderers continued to pile on the pain and the scoreline could have been blown out even more as United survived several near misses.

The Cup record score is an 8-0 win recorded by Sydney FC over Darwin amateurs Shamrock Rovers in 2017.

Melbourne-based cup specialists Hume City continued their run in collecting a 3-1 comeback win at Adelaide Olympic.

Marko Delic bagged a hat-trick to be the goalscoring hero for the visitors.

Brisbane Strikers completed the last-eight line-up with a gritty 1-0 home win over Manly United at Perry Park.

A towering headed goal from defender Matthew Richardson just past the hour mark proved the difference as the former national champions progressed to the quarter-finals for the first time.

plague
30-08-2019, 01:58 PM
NEWCASTLE Jets coach Ernie Merrick says his team's FFA Cup quarter-final draw against Adelaide away will cap off an "ideal" preparation for the A-League season.

hes not wrong. getting smashed by 6 or 7 in Adelaide will set us up for the constant whippings we'll cop all season because of how trash we are.

Ernie is a very clever coach.

The Dunster
30-08-2019, 02:43 PM
I'd like to see us beat Adelaide. Not so much for the win but for the impending blow up from Gertjan Verbeek. Apparently the blokes got a bit of a rep for letting players know how he feels.

evolution
30-08-2019, 03:06 PM
I'd love to see us have a real crack at it this year. Get past Adelaide and it's just down to state league teams and City/Wanderers from there. Definitely a chance.

Jeterpool
30-08-2019, 03:08 PM
I'd love to see us have a real crack at it this year. Get past Adelaide and it's just down to state league teams and City/Wanderers from there. Definitely a chance.

Agree. It will be a good match up against Adelaide.

turbojetfireV8
30-08-2019, 10:45 PM
NBN tonight
http://video.nbnnews.com.au/jetsernie300819.mp4

Jetmaster
01-09-2019, 12:50 PM
Is it at Hindnarsh....we would be a chance there on a fair surface. Anything suburban you need local nous.
We are a chance...only about Adelaide and Citeh concern me...win and meet Gypos in semi.

Couscous
01-09-2019, 02:35 PM
People may dismiss this because I'm saying it but we had an extraordinary record under GVS when playing on good surfaces.

belchardo
23-10-2019, 09:03 PM
well left bouzanis.

plague
23-10-2019, 09:04 PM
well left bouzanis.

dear oh dear.

plague
23-10-2019, 10:00 PM
we are gonna get so ****ing smoked on the weekend.

baldrick
23-10-2019, 10:19 PM
I think Fox have found their new Arzani tonight

plague
23-10-2019, 10:54 PM

the funny part is at the end of last season that Nazarene dude was def the new Arzani but now hes garbage and NOT A REFUGEE SIMON!!!!!!!

idontwannaplaywithhowey
24-10-2019, 10:53 AM

From watching the first few rounds of the A League is Traore of Connor Metcalfe...Traore did quite well for a young bloke last night but it amazes me that they think people in this country have never watched a game of football before...Banging on about 'turning Delbridge' for about 20 minutes was ridiculous. It was an (poor) accidental touch and he just reacted quicker. Riley McGree best player on that pitch last night for me.

Still, hope Traore does well as we need someone to be a storyline in the league, but the commentary is nauseating.

Poshpom
24-10-2019, 12:44 PM
Riley McGree best player on that pitch last night for me.
\

By the preverbial mile!

The Dunster
24-10-2019, 12:54 PM
I'm thinking that record 7-0 loss we had against Adelaide a few seasons back might be the old record after this weekend.

leftrightout
24-10-2019, 12:59 PM
By the preverbial mile!

The kids has the potential to be the best player in the league this season.
If he isn't in the Socceroos squad soon, it will be a failure on his behalf.

plague
24-10-2019, 01:09 PM
If he isn't in the Socceroos squad soon, it will be a failure on his behalf.

or the coach, who repeatedly picks shit players instead of good ones.

Jetmaster
24-10-2019, 11:15 PM
Still, hope Traore does well as we need someone to be a storyline in the league, but the commentary is nauseating.

Thought Elvis was the new Arzani until last night. They must have lost patience with him.