PDA

View Full Version : Qatar 2022 World Cup - AFC Qualifiers

Pages : [1] 2

Retro Jet
11-07-2019, 10:37 PM
https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/intense-competition-for-spots-arnold-lauds-socceroos-depth-ahead-of-world-cup-draw

“All the massages I’m getting from the boys is how the good the break has been for them,” said Arnold.

“Their bodies are fresh..."
(Oh SBS/Magoo...you've done it again!)
So...the truth is out. Arnie likes a rub-a-dub for a spot in the squad. :rof:

Second-round draw 17th July, Kuala Lumpur
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_%E2%80%93_AFC_Se cond_Round

Dream draw, purely for the bizzar and weird factor, playing teams we've never or rarely meet is:-
Australia/Lebanon/India/Maldives/Nepal
Imagine the :fap: G&GArmy would have over a Maldives away trip!

belchardo
12-07-2019, 08:03 AM
Some brilliant arnoldisms in there - laying the excuses down early.

I love that we now have "depth", magically appearing 6 months after not having enough depth to get last the quarters at the asian cup.

And we have up to 4 players in some positions! 4 not particularly good players is still 4 not particularly good players!

boz-monaut
12-07-2019, 11:17 AM
I'll say it now - we won't qualify for Qatar

Arnold will blame everyone else but himself and probably keep his job, even though his mates got him the job and even though he will only pick his mates in the team

Boycott the whole corrupt mess that will be this World Cup - wait for the 64 team circus next time

plague
12-07-2019, 12:36 PM
Maldives?
Arent hey full of typhoid and shit like that*?

FIFA gonna build a pitch out on the reef or something to get the game played?

*im not a registered doctor

goaliepersempre
12-07-2019, 03:38 PM
Qatar World Cup = Not Interested

Retro Jet
17-07-2019, 08:57 PM
Chickety chinese Taipei & Nepal - 2 games in reasonable time zones at least...

belchardo
02-08-2019, 09:46 PM
suck it bitches - we got the big aus v nepal match in canberra.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6308077/canberra-to-host-socceroos-world-cup-qualifier/?cs=14280

02-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Nepal to take there game to new heights and commence the slippery slope slide back down to earth for the socceroos if Arnie the Gypo still in charge.

belchardo
02-08-2019, 10:02 PM
we've played right into their hands.

kathmandu - 1400m above sea level
canberra - 580m above sea level

our boys won't be able to handle that much altitude. they'll have had a lifetime of altitude training.

just forfeit the match now.

Retro Jet
15-08-2019, 11:41 AM
https://www.socceroos.com.au/news/aussies-abroad-degeneks-red-star-advance-epic-champions-league-qualifier

Degenek can certainly take a pen...and celebrated like a bastard too in front of opposition fans, who he'll never see again in his life. :rof:
Balls....

Jardelsimage
30-08-2019, 11:44 AM
I see the ex gypo Stainsbury has signed with a club in Israel.
Question time, what is the league like over there?

traffic light
03-09-2019, 10:01 PM
I see the ex gypo Stainsbury has signed with a club in Israel.
Question time, what is the league like over there?

Depends. If he's playing for Gazza its pretty rough. Pitch is crap.

Jardelsimage
07-09-2019, 07:10 AM
On a different note, our Olyroos under the super GVM have slumped to a 1-1 draw with NZ in a warm up game.
The match review reads like a old Jets match report, go forward, get into the box, turn around go back to our keeper, repeat that over and over.

plague
09-09-2019, 09:39 PM
"In my mindset, I believe at the end of this, we will be the greatest Socceroos team ever," Australia head coach Graham Arnold told the media during a teleconference on Friday.

this is your coach guys. enjoy it.

its days like today i thank Griff above that multiple passports exist in real life.

plague
11-09-2019, 03:33 AM
im thoroughly convinced that if Leckie continues to stand there and do nothing he can go on to become Australias greatest ever goal scorer.

Bon
11-09-2019, 08:09 AM
im thoroughly convinced that if Leckie continues to stand there and do nothing he can go on to become Australias greatest ever goal scorer.

I had no idea what you were talking about until I watched the highlights just then..

Frodo
11-09-2019, 03:12 PM

Heck, if the CBs want to leave him free 6 yards from goal all the time I'd just stand there too.

Hunter403
11-09-2019, 04:28 PM
Haven't watched the game but I note that two different publications rated players out of 10. One gave Taggart a 4 and the other an 8.

So, was he crap or good? Discuss

plague
11-09-2019, 04:40 PM
Haven't watched the game but I note that two different publications rated players out of 10. One gave Taggart a 4 and the other an 8.

So, was he crap or good? Discuss

From my Redbull induced haze:

Thought he worked hard, got in some positions but his finishing was pretty poor.

So he was kind of both, but neither if you know what I mean.

Plus it was stinking hot and Leckie got a double so shit was just weird all round.

boz-monaut
11-09-2019, 06:25 PM
other results in our group are interesting

Kuwait smacked Nepal 7-0 - which kind of makes it likely that we should also smack them by a cricket score

Taiwan lost to Nepal - so hopefully another cricket score there

Jordan beat Taiwan only 2-1 - so it doesn't look like Taiwan will put up much of a fight

I think we should be disgusted and sack Arnold if we concede a goal in this group

also if we don't concede a goal

Retro Jet
10-10-2019, 08:35 PM
Graham Arnold: Showing how to make hard work of playing a minnow...

plague
10-10-2019, 08:37 PM
I, for one, cannot believe that Fox managed to secure the services of Kevin Muscat for their telecast.

I guess watching paint dry and watching grass grow were ****ing busy tonight and unavailable to make the trip to Canberra.

What a drab lump of uncooked dough that useless tit is.

Retro Jet
10-10-2019, 08:44 PM
Pox are still putting up the 94/95 Premier League accolade against Slater's name.
Harper - 101 career goals. IT SHOULD BE 103 YA BALD PR!CK!!! :deadhorse:

Retro Jet
10-10-2019, 08:49 PM
What? No VAR for qualifiers? :shock:

Jetmaster
10-10-2019, 09:49 PM
What? No VAR for qualifiers? :shock:

Minnow nations don't have the technology so that would be for consistency.

plague
10-10-2019, 09:55 PM
righto righto righto my friends.
i believe we have found it.
i believe we have found the new Arzani.

i know, early days, but it looks like there is a new shining light on the hill.

Mabil came out, put a good shimmy on some Nepalese cab driver and laid on a good cross.
then it was a Zadkovic special.
then he slipped over.
then he held the ball for 3 1/2 days trying to get his own shot off (which he didnt do)
then he put a free kick into Queanbeyan.
Then he copped one in the nuts.

ye the whole way along the commentators were lapping it up. they were loving the difference he was making off the bench. they were loving his skill on the ball. they were loving his ability to pass the ball to a gold shirt.

can you just imagine the day when we get not one, but TWO Arzani type hyper talents on the park.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/4OowbIsmYHbpu/giphy.webp?cid=790b761116a328d89d71a25e212f744a88c f32edd85710dc&rid=giphy.webp
https://media1.giphy.com/media/NQRRqqkImJ3Da/giphy.webp?cid=790b761116a328d89d71a25e212f744a88c f32edd85710dc&rid=giphy.webp
https://media0.giphy.com/media/14jGh15Slt6QOk/200.webp?cid=790b761116a328d89d71a25e212f744a88cf3 2edd85710dc&rid=200.webp
https://media1.giphy.com/media/IgF14h4akXT2/giphy.webp?cid=790b76118e89696985f5f649f5198d6e0ec b25de758f2f6f&rid=giphy.webp

10-10-2019, 10:05 PM
FMD the standard of this game was a smidgen greater than the new promo ad for the A League. Whoever gave the green light to that utter crap piece of marketing should hand in there resignation letter like no sooner than yesterday.

Probs another brain fart from that O Rourke, Same peanut who wanted music played at stoppages and pretend flares. Gallop going thank Christ and this peanut should follow him out the door.

MFKS
10-10-2019, 11:17 PM
Has Arnold been sacked yet??

To accept only winning by 5 against this lot is a joke

Absolute farce if he is still employed by the weekend

Jetmaster
11-10-2019, 08:29 AM
Arnie said he selected few A-League players because they were in preseason and not "battle hardened", but picks Bailey Wright who has played 72 mins since his season started.

The Dunster
11-10-2019, 11:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpYEJx7PkWE

cobra23
11-10-2019, 12:24 PM
what about mclaren the tosser after the match saying virtually he is the best and that scoring 3 goals was the best day of his life..
**** me you scored against nepal not NAPOLI
THIS BLOKE IS OUR NUMBER 1 STRIKER :deadhorse:, we are doomed

plague
16-10-2019, 12:24 AM
this has to be the most horrendously woeful pile of tripe we've ever collectively handed jerseys to.
the likes of Borello, Amini, Mabil, Grant ook garbage against a team of cab drivers.
Yet we'll prob fluke our way onto the world stage once more and think we are ok.

my Lord how low we've sunk since the days of '06.

MFKS
15-11-2019, 06:22 AM
Gypo Arnold doing a great job of pumping up expectations so when we fail to qualify the burn on the FFA fan bois is gonna be epic

Retro Jet
16-11-2019, 08:51 PM
I actually got up for this game.
Mabil is a waste of space. Boyle did more in his 1st 5 min than Mabil did the entire time he was on.

Retro Jet
17-11-2019, 08:46 PM
This puts things into perspective
https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/san-marino-score-first-home-goal-in-over-six-years

Sam Marino score their first home goal in over 6 years.
We are ****ing blessed...

Retro Jet
02-11-2020, 10:34 AM
Didn't know where to put this...even after scouring the 3 pages of threads.
Then I saw this....

There are too many World Cup threads
Started by plague, 16-06-2018 05:22 PM

Anyway, Goodwin with a worldie
https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/video/1814128707665/goodwin-scores-screamer-saudi-arabi?playlist=latest-videos-twg

ALLAAAAAAAHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhh....
:brrr:

Jetmaster
02-11-2020, 05:51 PM
Calls for Socceroos to pull out of WC in Qatar due to goings on last week.

Typical Oz media ignorance....no cert to qualify yet.

belchardo
13-03-2021, 01:25 PM
Will finish this stage of qualifying in a hub in Kuwait

https://www.theroar.com.au/2021/03/13/socceroos-world-cup-qualifiers-in-kuwait-hub/

Bremsstrahlung
21-04-2021, 07:17 AM
Anybody thinking about heading to Qatar for this? Making the assumption travel will be allowed by then.
Pending our qualification. (That looks as doubtful as overseas travel)!

Frodo
21-04-2021, 12:55 PM
Anybody thinking about heading to Qatar for this? Making the assumption travel will be allowed by then.
Pending our qualification. (That looks as doubtful as overseas travel)!

I wouldn't go if I was offered a free trip and free tickets. I hope absolutely no one shows up unfortunately. Or only locals show up and can enjoy it whilst the grubby people behind the bid and stadium builds lose millions.

belchardo
14-05-2021, 01:52 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/may/14/family-first-mitch-langerak-calls-time-on-socceroos-career

Langerak ain't going to play for the national team no more. Shame, he sounded like he was doing well in Japan.

Squad for the next qualifiers announced next week.

Ghost of Plague
25-05-2021, 04:41 PM
No Arzani.
Pfft, Australia not even wanting to win the world cup.
Typical Gypo coach, picks a bunch of loser gypos. Is Hutcho one of his assistants yet?
Love to know what Goodwin did wrong, prob refused to sign with the gypos when he was 12 or something, ****ing gypo coach would be that petty and hold a grudge.
Farmers cup.

belchardo
04-06-2021, 05:04 AM
that didn't take long. pretty soft defence

Bremsstrahlung
04-06-2021, 06:13 AM
Thanks Bel, forgot all about this.

So top from each group qualifies for 3rd round, and the 4 best runners up? Then 2 x groups of 6. Top 2 qualify.

Likely top teams atm:
Syria
Australia
Bahrain
Saudi Arabia
Qatar** drop out and Oman would be top
Japan
South Korea
Vietnam

Other possibles:
China
Kuwait
Jordan
Iraq
Iran
Uzbek
UAE

Are the groups random or seeded(4 top of group teams, 2 runner up)
I’d be hoping to avoid Japan, South Korea, Saudi Arabia and maybe Syria.
Getting Oman in your group would be a blessing as they are essentially a runner up.

Asia qualification seems tricky. Every stage I seem to think is the last one, but there’s always one more haha. Dangerous too, if you don’t take it serious enough early, you can get knocked out, but if you peak too soon, you get to the pointy end and can’t go up a notch. Still better than the ridiculous Oceania qualification and one off game vs south america
I do like that we seem to be blooding a lot of players, seeing how they perform in this environment.

Bremsstrahlung
04-06-2021, 06:26 AM
Biraz in goals?

Retro Jet
04-06-2021, 04:50 PM
that didn't take long. pretty soft defence

500 odd days between games.
1st goal back took 55 seconds :rof:

Bremsstrahlung
08-06-2021, 05:19 AM
If anybody is bothered to watch this game, Chinese Taipei must have a handicap. Old mate just took a corner about 50cm away from the circle haha

Bremsstrahlung
08-06-2021, 05:24 AM
Also nice to see Nicky Carle playing for Socceroos again.

belchardo
08-06-2021, 06:22 AM
That was pathetic defence from australia

Retro Jet
09-06-2021, 08:53 PM
If anybody is bothered to watch this game, Chinese Taipei must have a handicap. Old mate just took a corner about 50cm away from the circle haha

That was pathetic defence from australia

I spotted those Brem. As someone who marks lines, I had a chuckle to myself. 1m ain't enough for him.

Just watched the 1st half then back to the land of nod.

I had a bit of a wtf? moment when I saw the ft score...that they scored one.

Bremsstrahlung
12-06-2021, 08:37 AM
If anybody watches the Kayo mini, does the keeper not kick the ball out for a corner very early on? Probably just the angle, but I thought it was very very close.
Remember reffing all age and it happening all the time, ball rolling towards sideline and players picking it up before it crosses the line. Haha.

Thoughts on Martin Boyle’s effort to get Nepal player sent? Commentators were pretty scathing on him I thought.
I guess my view is a little hypocritical. I don’t think he needed to stoop to that against Nepal when we have already qualified and winning the match comfortably.
Mini match doesn’t totally capture the context, so if they were dropping like flies too, then we can play that game too. But that tactic, maybe at the later stages is something we normally get screwed over by, so I’m okay with is deploying the dark arts when it matters. Don’t think it mattered today.

belchardo
12-06-2021, 12:09 PM
If anybody watches the Kayo mini, does the keeper not kick the ball out for a corner very early on? Probably just the angle, but I thought it was very very close.
Remember reffing all age and it happening all the time, ball rolling towards sideline and players picking it up before it crosses the line. Haha.

Thoughts on Martin Boyle’s effort to get Nepal player sent? Commentators were pretty scathing on him I thought.
I guess my view is a little hypocritical. I don’t think he needed to stoop to that against Nepal when we have already qualified and winning the match comfortably.
Mini match doesn’t totally capture the context, so if they were dropping like flies too, then we can play that game too. But that tactic, maybe at the later stages is something we normally get screwed over by, so I’m okay with is deploying the dark arts when it matters. Don’t think it mattered today.

Yep, keeper taps it out and everybody missed it.

It was an incredibly poor decision by Boyle and the ref. Contact was barely there, he goes down a step or two later. If the roles had been reversed we'd be screaming blue murder. I also don't think they would have awarded a penalty had that happened in the box.

Thought Nepal were pretty good actually. Kept us contained, forced a lot of backwards balls and only got exposed a couple of times.

Bremsstrahlung
17-06-2021, 05:51 AM
I didn't realise our qualification process was so strange.
For some reason I thought top 2 qualified.

FYI, it's the top 6 best ranked runners up, with their results against the bottom team of their group omitted.
Kuwait and Jordan miss out.

I'm assuming there's a 'draw'?
Top 6 according to FIFA ranking in a pot, next 6 in another pot, drawn randomly?
Or is it, 1st asian team on fifa ranking into group A, 2nd into B, 3rd in A, 4th into B, etc?

Harry 'Tim Cahill" Souttar. Nice to see us catch on to take advantage of something in Asia. Our 2 metre tall CB who can head the ball.

Buddha
17-06-2021, 12:27 PM
You've got to give Arnold credit for winning all our games. Even though we had to rely on set pieces for the majority of it. The real test will come next round

belchardo
20-06-2021, 05:41 PM
Shamelessly lifted from Wikipedia
Format

Two groups, home and away round-robin. Top two through. Two third place teams through to fourth round and winner plays somebody from another confederation.
Draw and seeding

The draw for the third round will be held on 1 July 2021

The seeding for the draw was based on a special release of the FIFA World Rankings for Asian teams on 18 June 2021

Pot 1 contains the teams ranked 1–2 - Japan and Iran.
Pot 2 contains the teams ranked 3–4 - Australia and South Korea
Pot 3 contains the teams ranked 5–6 - Saudi Arabia and UAE
Pot 4 contains the teams ranked 7–8 - Iraq and China
Pot 5 contains the teams ranked 9–10 - Oman and Syria
Pot 6 contains the teams ranked 11–12 - Vietnam and Lebanon

So, who do you want, Japan or Iran?

belchardo
21-06-2021, 07:45 AM
At least the posts are getting shorter

Jeterpool
21-06-2021, 07:50 AM
Shamelessly lifted from Wikipedia
Format

Two groups, home and away round-robin. Top two through. Two third place teams through to fourth round and winner plays somebody from another confederation.
Draw and seeding

The draw for the third round will be held on 1 July 2021

The seeding for the draw was based on a special release of the FIFA World Rankings for Asian teams on 18 June 2021

Pot 1 contains the teams ranked 1–2 - Japan and Iran.
Pot 2 contains the teams ranked 3–4 - Australia and South Korea
Pot 3 contains the teams ranked 5–6 - Saudi Arabia and UAE
Pot 4 contains the teams ranked 7–8 - Iraq and China
Pot 5 contains the teams ranked 9–10 - Oman and Syria
Pot 6 contains the teams ranked 11–12 - Vietnam and Lebanon

So, who do you want, Japan or Iran?

Probably Japan? More likely to take care of the other teams in the group as well, avoiding an upset and giving them points we won't have earned against them.

Bremsstrahlung
21-06-2021, 09:39 AM
Good point re: Japan taking care of other teams. They seem a bit more consistent. I was a bit meh about which of the top pot we got. More concerned about the lesser teams. Would hope we could take care of Iran in at least one game though if we drew them.
It’s top 2 automatic right? Then 3rd place faces the never ending qualification journey.
I’m hoping to avoid Saudi and Iraq.

Jeterpool
21-06-2021, 11:19 AM
It’s top 2 automatic right? Then 3rd place faces the never ending qualification journey.
I’m hoping to avoid Saudi and Iraq.

I believe top 2 as always.

Agree avoiding Saudi Arabia and Iraq.

belchardo
21-06-2021, 12:55 PM
Top two through.

Bremsstrahlung
21-06-2021, 01:18 PM
This is where the diving and timewasting BS at 0-0 in the first half begins right?
Something to play for now.

belchardo
01-07-2021, 12:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv-Y_Be0Akk

Draw today at 5pm

belchardo
01-07-2021, 05:18 PM
Japan
Australia
Saudi Arabia
China
Oman
Vietnam

Hunter403
01-07-2021, 05:19 PM

Bremsstrahlung
01-07-2021, 06:04 PM
Good test to see where we are at as a nation.
So far it’s mostly been keep possession and score a goal eventually and hang on or exploit the defensive mindset of the other teams.
Doubt Japan, Saudi or China will be letting us have a point if we want it.

Retro Jet
01-07-2021, 07:12 PM
Really thought we'd be due Iran. Japan again (yawn...)
A few banana skins there...
Chickety China will be gunning for 3rd.

belchardo
28-08-2021, 06:36 PM
SOCCEROOS SQUAD: Daniel Arzani, Aziz Behich, Martin Boyle, Milos Degenek, Kenneth Dougall, Mitch Duke, Callum Elder, Denis Genreau, Rhyan Grant, Ajdin Hrustic, Jackson Irvine, Paul Izzo, James Jeggo, Awer Mabil, Ryan McGowan, Riley McGree, Aaron Mooy, Tom Rogic, Mat Ryan, Trent Sainsbury, Brad Smith, Harry Souttar, Ryan Strain, Adam Taggart, Lawrence Thomas, Danny Vukovic, Bailey Wright.

Bremsstrahlung
28-08-2021, 07:56 PM
Geez Idk what I’m more confused about Arzani or Duke.

belchardo
03-09-2021, 03:36 AM
Oman knocking off Japan 1-0 is a bit of a shock

Retro Jet
03-09-2021, 03:55 AM
Wow. Gotta grab the opportunity to go top.

A few technical hiccups with 10 so far.
So glad to have Hilly on this.
Lets go!!

belchardo
03-09-2021, 04:16 AM
I'm struggling to remember the names of most of our players. Not sure they remember each other's names either.

Retro Jet
03-09-2021, 04:25 AM
Fk yeah!!!

belchardo
03-09-2021, 04:27 AM
Good positioning, terrible finishing but it's in the net! Smart of him to realise he was offside and jump back onside. He should have finished it...the way Boyle did!

Retro Jet
03-09-2021, 04:28 AM
Hoots mon!!

belchardo
03-09-2021, 04:31 AM
Vietnam up 1-0 against Saudi Arabia

Retro Jet
03-09-2021, 05:13 AM
Vietnam up 1-0 against Saudi Arabia

Watching on hesgoal.com
Tnx for reminder.

Just watched a lengthy VAR handball check. Upheld. 1 all now.

Retro Jet
03-09-2021, 05:24 AM
Head choppers up 2-1 now.

Retro Jet
03-09-2021, 05:30 AM
Is that Mitch Puke's 1st touch?
3-0

belchardo
03-09-2021, 05:31 AM
You could see Taggart thinking "I'm being subbed off for this donkey?". I imagine he's even less impressed now.

Retro Jet
03-09-2021, 05:37 AM
Another pen in KSA....converted Panenka.
3-1

Retro Jet
03-09-2021, 05:58 AM
Good start.
Really thought China would offer more resistance.
There'll be sterner tests than that.
On to Hanoi.

How do you air condition a stadium with an open roof?

Bremsstrahlung
03-09-2021, 06:14 AM
Think Vietnam could be a challenge. They were 1-0 up until they lost a player, then conceded 2 pens to go down 3-1.
Expected more from China. Maybe they gave up when we scored to conserve energy for Japan…hope so.

Oman doing is a favour and knocking off japan in the 88th.

We really just need to win our expected games comprehensively vs Vietnam, China and Oman..
Rely on the others to drop a game here or there.

belchardo
07-09-2021, 10:32 PM
Good decision by ref. Thought it was going to be awarded when he got called over to the screen.

belchardo
07-09-2021, 10:37 PM
And that was an interesting treatment technique by the Vietnamese medic. Firm slaps to the centre of the arse as treatment for a ball drilled into fully exposed balls. 😄

Retro Jet
07-09-2021, 10:51 PM
Not Mulllettt!

Saw that nut job repair too Bel.
Strange...
Guess you can't massage it better :rof:

Bremsstrahlung
08-09-2021, 05:16 AM
And that was an interesting treatment technique by the Vietnamese medic. Firm slaps to the centre of the arse as treatment for a ball drilled into fully exposed balls. ��

Just trying to dislodge them back out of the inguinal canal.

Grimario
08-09-2021, 09:18 AM
That was a painful two hours last night. Some quality trash football, inability to pass a few metres away and terrible decision making.

All in all, like watching my brother and I play FIFA.

The Dunster
08-09-2021, 09:48 AM
Vietnam would feel like this was a lost opportunity for them.
Socceroos will be pleased to have survived the humidity and poor pitch conditions.

Bremsstrahlung
08-10-2021, 05:44 AM
Good strike from Mabil.
Equally good save from Ryan.

Early goals are key at this stage. The longer it stays goalless the more cynical time wasting there is. At least Oman have to create a goal now.

Bremsstrahlung
08-10-2021, 07:13 AM
Duke doing his best to ensure we don’t get a 3rd.

Bremsstrahlung
08-10-2021, 07:21 AM
That’s right Mitch, I’m onto you.
Too obvious to miss that.

Great game to get 3pts.
A win vs Japan, sets us up incredibly well if we dare to contemplate that result.

Swifts
08-10-2021, 07:25 AM
That’s right Mitch, I’m onto you.
Too obvious to miss that.

Great game to get 3pts.
A win vs Japan, sets us up incredibly well if we dare to contemplate that result.

I was about to send a message to my mate about how rubbish Duke had been since he came on. Then he scored. I think I will still send the message.

belchardo
08-10-2021, 08:23 AM
Shit, arnie does seem to have this team playing reasonably well.

He still hasn't apologised for 2007 and he is still a gypo so I still hate him.

GANALAAA
10-10-2021, 02:30 PM
Shit, arnie does seem to have this team playing reasonably well.

He still hasn't apologised for 2007 and he is still a gypo so I still hate him.

https://footballfromatoz.buzzsprout.com/1857477/9278358-graham-arnold-gaining-respect-behind-a-stern-facade

decent interview with him. he's pretty frank and honest about 2007

belchardo
12-10-2021, 09:53 PM
Japan ripping us apart pretty much the whole half

Retro Jet
12-10-2021, 10:05 PM
We look lethargic but credit to them. Stronger on the ball and tighter with their first touches. Ours are honkin'

Retro Jet
12-10-2021, 10:06 PM
Do you like Minamino's red boots Bel? :rof:

belchardo
12-10-2021, 10:20 PM
Do you like Minamino's red boots Bel? :rof:

Is there something special about them?

belchardo
12-10-2021, 10:58 PM
Behich stiffed by two deflections.

Bremsstrahlung
13-10-2021, 05:25 AM
Expected as much. Didn’t see the game.
From everything I’ve seen and read, we were honking. Thought we would be up for Japan. Anyway.
Big game V Saudi. A win to them essentially assures them qualification, and presumably brings Japan and Oman level with us. A win puts us top and we retain our buffer.

We just can’t afford to drop points v China and Vietnam.
Draws vs Oman, Saudi and Japan aren’t the worst things.
Hopefully we can sort out some actual home games to make it a bit more of a challenge for teams.

belchardo
13-10-2021, 12:25 PM
Honking is too strong in my opinion. We certainly played poorly at times (first half in particular), our defence was a bit of a shemozzle and I felt the through balls could have been more direct. There were a few moments where we carved them up and looked really good.

It was a game of deflections - behich copped two that pretty much left him stranded or in an impossible situation. Taggart would have had a goal if the arm of their keeper had been one millimetre to the left. Tags scores and I reckon the game was ours.

boz-monaut
13-10-2021, 02:17 PM
yeah I wouldn't go as far as honking - more just not switched on - we certainly let Japan control the game and didn't take it to them or put them under any real pressure on the ball

this was our most difficult away game of the qualifying campaign, with our weakest squad in a long time - we did ok when we're probably getting ahead of ourselves based on results to easier opposition (in the previous eleven games)

this was still clicks ahead of the bend-over-and-cop-it days of Pim

belchardo
29-10-2021, 12:51 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/29/socceroos-to-finally-play-in-australia-after-more-than-two-years-on-the-road

Playing the Saudis in Sydney on 11 november

belchardo
06-11-2021, 09:51 AM
Squad for the Saudia Arabia match this Thursday and China the following Wednesday.

Socceroos squad: Aziz Behich (Giresunspor, Turkey), Martin Boyle (Hibernian FC, Scotland), Milos Degenek (Red Star Belgrade, Serbia), Kenneth Dougall (Blackpool FC, England), Mitchell Duke (Fagiano Okayama, Japan), Callum Elder (Hull City AFC, England), Denis Genreau (Toulouse FC, France), Rhyan Grant (Sydney FC), Ajdin Hrusic (Eintracht Frankfurt, Germany), Jackson Irvine, FC St. Pauli, Germany), Jimmy Jeggo (Aris Thessaloniki, Greece), Fran Karacic (Brescia Calcio, Italy), Mathew Leckie (Melbourne City), Awer Mabil (Midtjylland, Denmark), Jamie Maclaren (Melbourne City), Riley McGree (Birmingham City, England), Andrew Nabbout (Melbourne City), Nikita Rukavytsya (Hapoel Be’er Sheva FC, Israel), Mat Ryan (Real Sociedad, Spain), Trent Sainsbury (KV Kortrijk, Belgium), Harry Souttar (Stoke City, England), Gianni Stensness (Viking FK, Norway), Lawrence Thomas (SonderjyskE Fodbold, Denmark), Danny Vukovic (NEC Nijmegen, Netherlands).

Anybody going to the game in Sydney?

belchardo
11-11-2021, 08:42 PM
that was a very sexy backheel from hrustic. unfortunately it went to leckie who did as leckie does and caressed it with his first touch to a mere 15m away from him.

boz-monaut
11-11-2021, 09:04 PM
the second half has late bullshit Saudi goal written all over it

the shithousery hasn't been as bad I expected though - but maybe because I know the levels they usually sink to

belchardo
11-11-2021, 09:12 PM
Anybody watching through paramount?

belchardo
11-11-2021, 09:46 PM
That's an ACL done for harry

Jetmaster
11-11-2021, 10:24 PM
Anybody watching through paramount?

Tried all three....10HD, 10Play and P+. The last looked the best.

Bremsstrahlung
17-11-2021, 06:05 AM
Now it gets a bit tricky.

Ghost of Plague
17-11-2021, 09:13 AM
Wow what a surprise who would have thought that the ****ing gypo would be out of his depth coaching at this level except everyone in the world who watched him last time coach at this level.

Has the scathing Robbie Slater article been posted yet?

Bon
17-11-2021, 09:21 AM
Wow what a surprise who would have thought that the ****ing gypo would be out of his depth coaching at this level except everyone in the world who watched him last time coach at this level.

Has the scathing Robbie Slater article been posted yet?

True about Arnold..

Although, I hope you are joking about Slater..
That prick would never do a hatchet job on his best mate.. He's probably too busy penning an article about how great the gypos will be when his son gets a run, and perhaps lining up interviews with his mates Ninko, Rhyno, Wilko, Bobo, Seafood Brosque, etc..

boz-monaut
17-11-2021, 09:57 AM
was always going to happen with this bunch of lower division players and Arnold

this ain't 2005, our youth development has lagged for a very long time and now it's catching up with us

The Dunster
17-11-2021, 01:04 PM
Jeggo should be deported for that effort.

belchardo
27-11-2021, 09:40 AM
Have to play the south Americans in the play-offs

Retro Jet
27-11-2021, 10:07 AM
Cool. We'll be lucky to finish 5th in the Asian playoff the way things are going.
Might dodge a bullet with a sh!t of a venue for a tournament anyway. Doin' fans a favour.

belchardo
13-12-2021, 02:58 PM
Vietnam in Melbourne on the 27th.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2021/12/13/socceroos-world-cup-qualifier-fixture-locked-in/

belchardo
22-01-2022, 04:49 PM
The Socceroos squad to face Vietnam and Oman:

Aziz Behich, Brandon Borello, Martin Boyle, Milos Degenek, Mitchell Duke, Craig Goodwin, Rhyan Grant, Adjin Hrustic, Jackson Irvine, James Jeggo, Fran Karacic, Joel King, Mathew Leckie, Jamie Maclaren, Ryan McGowan, Riley McGree, Connor Metcalfe, Aaron Mooy, Andrew Redmayne, Mathew Ryan, Tom Rogic, Kye Rowles, Trent Sainsbury, Marco Tilio, Danny Vukovic.

Jardelsimage
25-01-2022, 08:26 PM
The Socceroos squad to face Vietnam and Oman:

Aziz Behich, Brandon Borello, Martin Boyle, Milos Degenek, Mitchell Duke, Craig Goodwin, Rhyan Grant, Adjin Hrustic, Jackson Irvine, James Jeggo, Fran Karacic, Joel King, Mathew Leckie, Jamie Maclaren, Ryan McGowan, Riley McGree, Connor Metcalfe, Aaron Mooy, Andrew Redmayne, Mathew Ryan, Tom Rogic, Kye Rowles, Trent Sainsbury, Marco Tilio, Danny Vukovic.

Boyle going to middle east, bad move

belchardo
27-01-2022, 01:24 PM
what's everybody predicting - glorious victory or humiliating car crash.

I think we'll win, but it will be scrappy, uninspiring and poor. getting my disappointment in early so that the only way is up! :brrr:

Bon
27-01-2022, 02:29 PM
what's everybody predicting - car crash or humiliating car crash.

Fixed it for you...

(I like your mindset though, haha, no hope equals no disappointment)

belchardo
27-01-2022, 08:13 PM
Hmm, seems a bit harsh but I think they've been consistent with that interpretation for a while now.

BP Super Dynamos
27-01-2022, 08:18 PM
How does one watch this match in HD?

Jeterpool
27-01-2022, 08:24 PM
How does one watch this match in HD?

You don't

Jeterpool
27-01-2022, 08:25 PM
I'm streaming via 10Play. Much better than free to air blur

Reckon you'll get HD on replay

sapdad
27-01-2022, 08:28 PM

Paramount+ has it in HD.

belchardo
27-01-2022, 08:35 PM
Paramount+ has it in HD.

I don't see it on the app in all the obvious places.

belchardo
27-01-2022, 08:36 PM

i'm also doing this. quality seems poorer than a-league games on paramount

Jeterpool
27-01-2022, 08:48 PM
Paramount+ has it in HD.

I couldn't see it. What heading is it under?

Retro Jet
27-01-2022, 09:02 PM
I came here looking for the Matthew Leckie Fan club. :blush:
No comments bois?? :rof:

sapdad
27-01-2022, 09:03 PM
I couldn't see it. What heading is it under?

It was under the Socceroos tab on the main page.

Retro Jet
27-01-2022, 09:04 PM

Hmm... Maybe that stream shows us going on the attack (and scoring!) instead of replays of Vietnam's only attack for the half. Fmd...

belchardo
27-01-2022, 09:20 PM
Was Arnie's half time phone call along the lines of "put your feet up boys we've got this won"?

Imyourhero
27-01-2022, 09:46 PM
Goodwin needs to play more football for our country.

belchardo
28-01-2022, 10:26 AM
agreed re Goodwin.

Good enough, a better team would have probably made us pay in the period after half time.

Not sure which i think is better - a draw between Japan and Saudi or a Saudi win.

I guess it doesn't matter, we need to beat at least Japan and get a point against Saudi (and not lose to Oman obviously). Worst case scenario - if we draw with Oman on Tuesday night i don't think we can be beaten for third (barring a 11 goal turnaround in the relative goal differences between us and Oman).

belchardo
02-02-2022, 04:35 AM
Hey google: who is coming fifth in conmebol...

belchardo
02-02-2022, 05:07 AM
Not sure why I'm thinking about the intercontinental match, we won't even beat the third placed team in group A.

Bremsstrahlung
02-02-2022, 05:08 AM
Hey google: who is coming fifth in conmebol...

Don’t like the prospect of Uruguay, Peru or Colombia.
I guess you would wanna take a crack at Colombia?

Optimist inside me is hoping we can beat Japan.
If Saudi win their game, they qualify. So they don’t need to win vs us.

This qualification just went from a strong possibility to not likely. Japan win probably sealed our fate as 3rd,

6 games to qualify now.

Retro Jet
02-02-2022, 05:23 AM
Need to beat Japan and KSA.
Last game for Japan v Vietnam: Japan could go out and make up goal difference. If we best them by 1 then gd becomes +5 on them.

Qualifying games with teams starting with U coming up?

boz-monaut
02-02-2022, 06:44 AM
Not sure why I'm thinking about the intercontinental match, we won't even beat the third placed team in group A.even getting third place may be beyond reach

losses against Saudi Arabia and Japan are almost guaranteed now

Bremsstrahlung
02-02-2022, 07:02 AM
even getting third place may be beyond reach

losses against Saudi Arabia and Japan are almost guaranteed now

Haven’t we got 3rd?
Couldnt understand why Oman were wasting time.
7 points behind us. 2 games left, if they pushed for a winner it would be 5 points which would be a realistic opportunity for them given our fixtures.

I think we are gonna go about it the hard way.
Bring on 2026

boz-monaut
02-02-2022, 09:40 AM
yep, my mistake - we're guaranteed at least third

even two wins wouldn't guarantee second now thanks to this **** up

the other third place looks relatively easy, probably UAE - but then again so did a depleted Oman and you saw how Arnie handled that (and China)

it's not entirely Arnie's fault, the quality of our players is at it's lowest point since the 90s

belchardo
02-02-2022, 10:42 AM
yep, my mistake - we're guaranteed at least third

even two wins wouldn't guarantee second now thanks to this **** up

the other third place looks relatively easy, probably UAE - but then again so did a depleted Oman and you saw how Arnie handled that (and China)

it's not entirely Arnie's fault, the quality of our players is at it's lowest point since the 90s

And a fair bit of blame should probably also be directed to head office

belchardo
17-03-2022, 01:22 PM
Socceroos squad for Japan and Saudi Arabia qualifiers:

Goalkeepers

Andrew Redmayne (Sydney FC), Mathew Ryan (Real Sociedad), Danny Vukovic (NEC Nijmegen).

Defenders

Milos Degenek (Columbus Crew), Aziz Behic (Giresunspor), Joel King (Odense), Fran Karacic (Brescia), Rhyan Grant (Sydney FC), Kye Rowles (Central Coast Mariners), Trent Sainsbury (Kortrijk).

Midfielders

Nathaniel Atkinson (Hearts), Denis Genreau (Toulouse), Ajdin Hrustic (Eintracht Frankfurt)

Forwards

Jamie Maclaren (Melbourne City), Bruno Fornaroli (Perth Glory), Mathew Leckie (Melbourne City), Mitchell Duke (Fagiano Okayama), Martin Boyle (Al-Faisaly), Marco Tilio (Melbourne City), Awer Mabil (Kasimpasa).

belchardo
17-03-2022, 01:22 PM
Bruno will save us.

StannyCFCJET
17-03-2022, 01:27 PM
Hardly any midfielders. What's going on?

Jardelsimage
17-03-2022, 02:51 PM
Hardly any midfielders. What's going on?

New style of play, 5 defenders, 5 forwards kick it long, tackle, kick it long, tackle, kick it long.

Bremsstrahlung
17-03-2022, 03:48 PM

Goalkeepers

Andrew Redmayne (Sydney FC), Mathew Ryan (Real Sociedad), Danny Vukovic (NEC Nijmegen).

Defenders

Milos Degenek (Columbus Crew), Aziz Behic (Giresunspor), Joel King (Odense), Fran Karacic (Brescia), Rhyan Grant (Sydney FC), Kye Rowles (Central Coast Mariners), Trent Sainsbury (Kortrijk).

Midfielders

Nathaniel Atkinson (Hearts), Denis Genreau (Toulouse), Ajdin Hrustic (Eintracht Frankfurt)

Forwards

Jamie Maclaren (Melbourne City), Bruno Fornaroli (Perth Glory), Mathew Leckie (Melbourne City), Mitchell Duke (Fagiano Okayama), Martin Boyle (Al-Faisaly), Marco Tilio (Melbourne City), Awer Mabil (Kasimpasa).

Could be an error with the source site.
I’ve been perplexed by Stanny’s question, but have since found Irvine, Stemsness, Rogic before I stopped looking. So we have some mids

belchardo
17-03-2022, 05:49 PM
Nah, error with the bloke who posted it. Copy and paste is pretty hard on a phone. 🤣

belchardo
17-03-2022, 06:10 PM

Goalkeepers

Defenders

Midfielders

Nathaniel Atkinson (Hearts), Denis Genreau (Toulouse), Ajdin Hrustic (Eintracht Frankfurt), Jackson Irvine (St Pauli), James Jeggo (KAS Eupen), Connor Metcalfe (Melbourne City), Tom Rogic (Celtic), Craig Goodwin (Adelaide United), Gianni Stensness (Viking).

Forwards

Bremsstrahlung
17-03-2022, 07:58 PM
Few more midfielders there haha

Jeterpool
17-03-2022, 08:16 PM

Goalkeepers

Defenders

Midfielders

Nathaniel Atkinson (Hearts), Denis Genreau (Toulouse), Ajdin Hrustic (Eintracht Frankfurt), Jackson Irvine (St Pauli), James Jeggo (KAS Eupen), Connor Metcalfe (Melbourne City), Tom Rogic (Celtic), Craig Goodwin (Adelaide United), Gianni Stensness (Viking).

Forwards

Too many midfielders

Frodo
17-03-2022, 09:06 PM
Too many midfielders

Too many Gypos as well.

Buddha
18-03-2022, 08:53 AM
Blokes like Rowles, Redmayne and Grant are in the team says alot about how poorly Arnold has managed this second round of qualification. Society has progressed passed the need for any of those 3

belchardo
18-03-2022, 08:46 PM
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-18/graham-arnold-covid-world-cup-qualifier-japan/100923066

Arnold has covid again. I feel sorry for the guy, but I'm starting to get a bit suspicious...🤣

fozphantom
19-03-2022, 10:56 PM
Maybe the Bruno rolli (https://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/showthread.php?1629-The-genius-of-David-Squires&p=256396&viewfull=1#post256396)can win us a pen!

Jetmaster
22-03-2022, 03:19 PM
Too many Gypos as well.

Wilkinson has just been recalled - MC refused to release Good at last minute.

Will be nice to see a win but realistically let's prepare for the playoffs.

Hunter403
24-03-2022, 08:02 AM
We're screwed

jim wallis
24-03-2022, 11:33 AM
Only chance is to Score 1 then apply WWE style defence. We cant even park a bus properly

belchardo
24-03-2022, 12:32 PM
Only chance is to Score 1 then apply WWE style defence. We cant even park a bus properly

Who are you picking to come off the top rail? Ryan might be OK, he is from the coast so should know how to fight dirty at least.

Bremsstrahlung
24-03-2022, 02:17 PM
Didn’t really realise we haven’t beaten them for 12 years.
Thought it was a lot more even than that.

boz-monaut
24-03-2022, 08:03 PM
I'll be very glad to be proven wrong but I think tonight is going to suck quite a lot

with youth development the way it is and Arnold in charge, it's easily going to be another 12 before we beat Japan again - we may as well go back to Oceania if we're going to aim this low

Jetmaster
24-03-2022, 08:09 PM
Arnold to be sacked and panic appointment of Bielsa for the playoffs.

Ffs....bloody virtue signalling is pissing the crowd off.

belchardo
24-03-2022, 08:17 PM
Far out. 4 minutes into the game and we just cut to a local news update in Canberra. WTF????

belchardo
24-03-2022, 08:52 PM
They rip us apart with two simple passes pretty much every time they go forward.

jim wallis
24-03-2022, 09:03 PM
Get Duke off. He isnt up to it tonight.

belchardo
24-03-2022, 09:58 PM
That goal could not be more apt.

belchardo
24-03-2022, 10:03 PM
Actually, the second goal was even more apt.

Jetmaster
24-03-2022, 10:05 PM
Gyporoos out......Arnold out.

belchardo
24-03-2022, 10:06 PM
You're a chump Arnold. Quit before you're sacked. We aren't going to Qatar.

Jetmaster
24-03-2022, 10:11 PM
Archie throwing truth bombs.....

"Ange gave caps away like TicTacs"

:rof:

belchardo
25-03-2022, 07:08 AM
Yeah, he did unleash a bit.

And I'm hoping the socceroos and PFA will understand when FA tells them that they are grossly overpaid and that the match payments are going to reflect their actual worth.

Buddha
25-03-2022, 09:24 AM
Archie Thompson spews more verbal diarrhoea than Ian Chappell

Pretty much spent the whole time defending Arnold. Embarrassing that he is a paid pundit considering he can barely string a sentence together.

The tactics and game plan in the last 5 games of qualifying have been horrendous. Relying purely on "Aussie Spirit" to get us through games has lead us to this predicament

boz-monaut
25-03-2022, 09:30 AM
every cloud has a silver lining

in this case, it's the fact that Italy won't be joining us in Qatar

Bon
25-03-2022, 10:27 AM

What a win for North Macedonia..
32 shots on goal to 4.. And the winner coming in the 92nd minute.. Amazing stuff!

Retro Jet
25-03-2022, 11:36 AM

What a win for North Macedonia..
32 shots on goal to 4.. And the winner coming in the 92nd minute.. Amazing stuff!

"What a hit son, what a hit!"
:rof:

boz-monaut
25-03-2022, 02:15 PM
so with UAE on (3rd on 9 points) playing South Korea (group leaders on 23 points) and Iraq (4th on 8 points) playing Syria (last on 5 points) - it's all going to depend on whether South Korea bother to turn up as to who we play in the play off to lose against the South Americans

I personally can't see Arnold's bunch of shitcunce beating either of those two

My2BobsWorth
25-03-2022, 07:14 PM
I don't usually venture to this part of the forum but, Johnno has spent a lot of time and money trying to get his skills based system adopted, jumping through all the hoops, to be told, not wanted. Lets get people who know, not people who think they know

belchardo
29-03-2022, 08:36 PM
can feel the foz just buzzing with excitement for the match tomorrow morning.

Bremsstrahlung
29-03-2022, 08:55 PM
Arnold’s last game? Hell yeah!

Rumours of popovic surely can’t be true?

Imo, Ange is the only Australian coach atm that meets the standards we should be demanding of our national team coach.
At this point we should be targeting a Biesla type manager (overseas, pedigree, proven ability) who can come in, formulate a plan for 3 matches and get us to the World Cup.

What’s Tim Cahill doing at the moment ffs, doesn’t he wanna offer his head up for service?
(But seriously, there was a header v Japan that I thought, man, Cahill would’ve buried that).

Jardelsimage
30-03-2022, 05:59 AM
and thats why VAR is ****ed

Bremsstrahlung
30-03-2022, 07:46 AM
We will know Arnold’s mates in the press. Already seeing headlines of “robbed” of World Cup qualifying win”.
Dead rubber game. Chance to show something. Looked better than the other night.

So, I was under the impression game v UAE was one off, and the South American team was two legs. But i can only find a one off game vs South Americans, is that correct?

Bremsstrahlung
30-03-2022, 07:55 AM
No Zlatan at this World Cup, so it’s a farce anyway.

Jetmaster
30-03-2022, 11:37 AM
What’s Tim Cahill doing at the moment ffs, doesn’t he wanna offer his head up for service?
(But seriously, there was a header v Japan that I thought, man, Cahill would’ve buried that).

Tim has his badges but has a nice, cushy job in Qatar running their Academy and being one of the World Cup ambassadors.

He doesn't need the grief.

StannyCFCJET
30-03-2022, 11:40 AM
Arnold blaming everyone but himself classic

evolution
30-03-2022, 11:44 AM
But i can only find a one off game vs South Americans, is that correct?

Correct, both the AFC and intercontinental playoffs are single games.

belchardo
30-03-2022, 12:39 PM
Correct, both the AFC and intercontinental playoffs are single games.

Excellent, saves us the grief of watching two shit performances against the UAE.

Bon
30-03-2022, 01:19 PM
Looks like the South American side to face is Peru..
However, I can't see us beating UAE the way we are going..

Retro Jet
30-03-2022, 04:35 PM
What are your feelings on the offside on Boyle peeps?
He's leaning in lower that MJ in the Smooth Criminal clip but is he beyond old mate's heel when the ball is hit?
The feed I saw had the shittest replays i.e. None! and it was one of the longest pending VAR decisions I can recall.

The Pen: Watch old mate 'Chrome dome'. Couldn't blow the phucker quick enough.
I'll have my schadenfreude moment when KSA get pumped by someone in Qatar. Maybe it will be double figures v Germany.
It was nearly that in 2002!

Buddha
31-03-2022, 08:47 AM
It was a clear pen though lol

Frodo
02-04-2022, 05:00 AM
France
Denmark
Tunisia

IF we managed to qualify somehow that is.

Bremsstrahlung
02-04-2022, 08:50 AM
Has this draw been done earlier than previous years?
I feel like we have never known our group before we qualify, but I also wasn’t in a position to go to the 06,10, 14 world cups so didn’t care too much haha.

Am considering a Europe trip in November/December, stopping over in Qatar on the way over for a few days (first few days of fixtures) and then coming back via Qatar for the QFs. It’s been a blessing having a draw right now to pencil in some games.
Am resigned that we won’t make it, and the idea of 3 weeks in Qatar is a bit much. But hedging bets and will try to get tickets to France v aus/Peru/UAE just incase.

Still a little hesitant about the whole thing, but like Russia, it will probably be a better experience than it sounds.

Anybody else considering it?

I’d love to do USA/Can/Mex but logistically I can see it getting pretty expensive and time consuming pretty quickly to fly around to catch games/travel.

StannyCFCJET
02-04-2022, 11:05 AM
France
Denmark
Tunisia

IF we managed to qualify somehow that is.

France and Denmark were at our last world cup wernt they? And we had Peru as well

Frodo
02-04-2022, 12:20 PM
France and Denmark were at our last world cup wernt they? And we had Peru as well

Yeah, so pretty much Tunisia will be replacing us from the same group as last time.

belchardo
03-05-2022, 01:15 PM
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-05-03/fifa-president-says-qatar-workers-feel-dignity-and-pride-/101032598

Not exactly qualifiers related. Does anybody at FIFA have any conscience?

plague
04-05-2022, 11:39 AM
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-05-03/fifa-president-says-qatar-workers-feel-dignity-and-pride-/101032598

Not exactly qualifiers related. Does anybody at FIFA have any conscience?

The Guardian? Seriously?
The article clearly states "there have been 37 deaths among workers directly linked to the construction of World Cup stadiums of which 34 are classified as non work related".

Qatar death rate 1.45 per 1000.
Australia 6.67 per 1000.

But yeah sure lets all look at this bullshit 6500 figure and blame FIFA.

To be fair though dont be gay over there it increases your chances.

belchardo
31-05-2022, 11:01 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/may/31/socceroos-dealt-world-cup-qualifying-blow-as-tom-rogic-withdraws

Rogic out of next weeks game.

Friendly on Thursday morning.

MFKS
31-05-2022, 11:06 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/may/31/socceroos-dealt-world-cup-qualifying-blow-as-tom-rogic-withdraws

Rogic out of next weeks game.

Friendly on Thursday morning.

This Gypo should never be selected again

Rats are deserting the ship early

Bremsstrahlung
01-06-2022, 08:04 AM
All my ticket requests were unsuccessful.
Perhaps a blessing in the end as it was turning into a very expensive exercise.

belchardo
07-06-2022, 07:51 PM
So what do we reckon - win or lose tomorrow?

MFKS
07-06-2022, 11:18 PM
So what do we reckon - win or lose tomorrow?

If we ain't getting to the WC I would rather we lose this game

The issues facing our game can't be swept under the rug if we win this game but then lose to Peru

Lose to UAE and besides tearing into Gypo Arnold we can have a good hard long look at our games failings

belchardo
08-06-2022, 05:12 AM
Whoa, a goal from open play!

belchardo
08-06-2022, 05:41 AM
Now park the f'ing bus. More effectively than last time.

Bremsstrahlung
08-06-2022, 05:42 AM
We get a shot on target and Harper loses his mind at how good Maclaren is.

Good time to score tbh, not too long to f*** it up. Right? :popcorn:

Bremsstrahlung
08-06-2022, 06:00 AM
Don’t mind what Boyle and Hrustic offer.

Mooy basically sold his career. No game time since January, fmd.

Hunter403
08-06-2022, 11:14 AM
Prolonging the inevitable. Even if, by some miracle, we get by Peru, we will lose every group match

Jeterpool
08-06-2022, 12:04 PM
Prolonging the inevitable. Even if, by some miracle, we get by Peru, we will lose every group match

But think of the money we will get for qualification!

belchardo
08-06-2022, 12:19 PM
Don't know why you're all worried - once we achieve the FIFA vision of annual 210 team world cups we won't have any problems qualifying.

Jeterpool
08-06-2022, 12:24 PM
Don't know why you're all worried - once we achieve the FIFA vision of annual 210 team world cups we won't have any problems qualifying.

I still reckon we will

MFKS
08-06-2022, 12:33 PM
But think of the money we will get for qualification!

Money??

50% of that ends up going to the players as part of their CBA so it ain't any great windfall

Also making this World Cup is only going to put a band aid on the issues in our game in this country.

It won't hurt us to have a set back and reevaluation of what we are doing

We had better players from the NSL days than we are producing now. Something is wrong and we need to address it not paper over the cracks again

Jeterpool
08-06-2022, 12:51 PM
Money??

50% of that ends up going to the players as part of their CBA so it ain't any great windfall

Also making this World Cup is only going to put a band aid on the issues in our game in this country.

It won't hurt us to have a set back and reevaluation of what we are doing

We had better players from the NSL days than we are producing now. Something is wrong and we need to address it not paper over the cracks again

I was being facetious.

belchardo
13-06-2022, 05:19 PM
12,000 peruvian fans apparently making the trip to watch. specially created public holiday in peru for the match.

Arnold pretty much conceding we aren't going to score by banging on about his experience with shootouts.

"Aussie DNA" apparently superior to what Peru have (never mind arnie banged on about "south american winning mentality" when he gave fornaroli his start). notoriously weak-minded those south american teams.

I'll drag myself out of bed and pull on a socceroos jersey but i'm thinking a 4-0 loss. i just can't see us doing it. i'll be ecstatic if we do but i just don't think we will.

Bremsstrahlung
14-06-2022, 04:23 AM
12,000 peruvian fans apparently making the trip to watch. specially created public holiday in peru for the match.

Arnold pretty much conceding we aren't going to score by banging on about his experience with shootouts.

"Aussie DNA" apparently superior to what Peru have (never mind arnie banged on about "south american winning mentality" when he gave fornaroli his start). notoriously weak-minded those south american teams.

I'll drag myself out of bed and pull on a socceroos jersey but i'm thinking a 4-0 loss. i just can't see us doing it. i'll be ecstatic if we do but i just don't think we will.

Looks like we are playing in Peru.
Atkinson with a silly yellow, long 75 minutes when you’ve got probably 3 fouls to give.

We actually look like we are up for this. Good energy so far.

Peru asleep, or playing possum, or letting us tire ourselves out before they turn it on.

belchardo
14-06-2022, 04:38 AM
Gee, that looked like a good shout for a penalty.

Jeterpool
14-06-2022, 04:38 AM
I think they're waiting for us to tire, Brem.

Boyle and Hrustic early look like the only two capable of doing something to create a chance

belchardo
14-06-2022, 04:46 AM
I'll be optimistic and say they're managing their own energy. One of their coaches was having a whinge earlier about the conditions.

Would be nice if the ref hurried their keeper along on goal kicks.

belchardo
14-06-2022, 04:49 AM
How many platters did Boyle bring with him? He's going to run out of them eventually if Duke stays on and we still won't have a goal.

belchardo
14-06-2022, 04:52 AM
Peru defence looks a little shaky. Thise two crosses from Boyle should have been put away.

Retro Jet
14-06-2022, 05:01 AM
We could jag this on pens :rof:

Bremsstrahlung
14-06-2022, 05:04 AM
Offer me 0-0 at HT before and I’d take it.

We look reasonably even. I’ll reserve comments until after they come back out for the second half, but would be surprised if they limp out with rockets firmly up them.

Bremsstrahlung
14-06-2022, 05:18 AM
Is Tilio 2022s Arzani? How many evades?

belchardo
14-06-2022, 05:29 AM
Would be nice if the ref kept the game moving a bit faster. Sure, he's a good looking dude, but did no 18 really need a 2 minute close up as he slow walked off when he was subbed?

Bremsstrahlung
14-06-2022, 05:30 AM
We could jag this on pens :rof:

Peru look like they’ve been practicing pens for weeks and their game plan is to get to pens.

belchardo
14-06-2022, 05:31 AM
I reckon they're starting to control this. Mooy and hrustic both seem to have drifted out of the game.

Bremsstrahlung
14-06-2022, 05:34 AM
Mooy needs to get off.

belchardo
14-06-2022, 05:35 AM
Mooy needs to get off.

Yep.

Retro Jet
14-06-2022, 05:43 AM
Too many errors

Bremsstrahlung
14-06-2022, 05:48 AM
Best chance so far.
Boyle and Hrustic just watching our left back beat defenders and try and take a shot on his right foot.

Retro Jet
14-06-2022, 05:48 AM
Righto wedding boy. Time to shine.

Bremsstrahlung
14-06-2022, 05:54 AM
Harpers salty commentary amuses me when it’s not about the A league.

Retro Jet
14-06-2022, 05:55 AM
Survival of the fittest!

belchardo
14-06-2022, 06:01 AM
It's just got the feel of penalties, doesn't it.

Bremsstrahlung
14-06-2022, 06:20 AM
Oh dear.

Bremsstrahlung
14-06-2022, 06:33 AM
Lol, at Peruvians and ref hurrying us along…..

Redmayne. Really. What.

belchardo
Big call putting on redmayne

Retro Jet
Yeah. I'd back Ryan.

Bremsstrahlung
14-06-2022, 06:35 AM
Will happily be proven wrong.
Feel like Ryan does reasonably well with Pens?

belchardo
14-06-2022, 06:38 AM
How's the pressure on redmayne? One job, infamy or glory for both arnie and redmayne.

belchardo
14-06-2022, 06:43 AM
What the feck are they doing? Pick an end and start kicking the ball. It ain't that hard!

Retro Jet
14-06-2022, 06:45 AM
Good save ��

Bremsstrahlung
14-06-2022, 06:46 AM
There’s some memes coming out of this rubbish.

Bremsstrahlung
14-06-2022, 06:47 AM
How does redmayne not get a yellow there?

Retro Jet
14-06-2022, 06:47 AM
Looks like a clown on the line.
He does stay on his line tho.

belchardo
14-06-2022, 06:48 AM
There’s some memes coming out of this rubbish.

Looking like a chump right at the moment.

Bremsstrahlung
14-06-2022, 06:50 AM
Looks like a clown on the line.
He does stay on his line tho.

I meant for the kicking the ball away when he greeted the kicker, was very cynical.

Well done redmayne, bloody brilliant routine

belchardo
14-06-2022, 06:50 AM
Phew

belchardo
14-06-2022, 06:52 AM
Getting really tired of the ref's "strong communication"

Bremsstrahlung
14-06-2022, 06:52 AM
Ohhhhh damn.

Retro Jet
14-06-2022, 06:53 AM