PDA

View Full Version : 2020 Premier Club SAP

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Aegon
26-07-2019, 02:25 PM
The Skill Acquisition Program (SAP) is a key component of Football Federation Australia’s National Curriculum.

The program is designed to perfect and accelerate the skill development of identified players between the critical ages of 9 to 12. This is the age group universally acknowledged to be the optimal mental and physical phase in which children are able to learn motor skills. The main focus is the weekly training sessions that will develop individual technical ability and on providing a solid foundation of game-related technical skills.

The training focuses on the core skills of:

First Touch
Striking the Ball
Running with the Ball
1v1

SAP players train twice a week and play games from March - September

Under 9/10's play 7v7 format
Under 11/12's play 9v9 format

2020 SAP
U/9's for players born in 2011 & 2012
U/10's for players born in 2010
U/11's for players born in 2009

Adamstown Rosebud
Under 9's, 10's and 11's trials
Under 9’s - Tuesday 17th September
Under 10’s - Thursday 26th September
Under 11’s - Tuesday 24th September
Arrive: 5:45pm for a6pm start

Registration Form: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/362ccc2519dd4797a5adf75c2292f125?fbclid=IwAR06f011 Okxc9at0u8Qk2pmmgtg4eljavqwWVLR6vD7MizKgdqHgov_j9Z s

Further enquiries can be directed to Dave Rosewarne david@avidpm.com.au

Broadmeadow Magic
Under 9's, 10's and 11's Expressions of Interest

Trial Dates:
Under 9’s - Tuesday 13th August, 5pm – 6pm

EOI Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfLm3kpqQj5j7h5_qN5vaSz1rzG8woxpGzPCcrrYIXU LD1e_Q/viewform

Charlestown Azzurri
Under 9’s & 10’s trials

Trial Dates:
Under 9’s - Monday August 19th
Under 10’s - Tuesday, September 10th & Thursday, September 12th
Arrive 5:30pm for 6:00pm start

Registration Form: https://www.charlestowncityblues.com/2020-sap-trials?fbclid=IwAR0X70wm48O-MF7z6mEvra7njTArcbwKE-uUUZKMtaCRnaZWbf_oudYipHo

Cooks Hill
Under 9’s trials
Location: National Park no 4, cnr union st & parkway avenue, Cooks Hill
Trial Dates:
Under 9’s – Wednesday 18th September
Arrive: 4.45pm for a 5pm start

To Register:
email: cookshillfcjnr@gmail.com

Edgeworth Eagles
Under 9's, 10’s & 11’s trials

Trial Dates:
Under 9’s - Monday 12th August & Tuesday 13th August
Under 10's and 11's - Trials will be held on the week beginning Monday 23rd September with the exact day and time to be confirmed.
Arrive: 4.45pm for a 5pm start

Under 9’s Registration Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfNTTQC2fUQT8LlFigwI-FL2ydiqStUl60w6bi-pjElNhZ2Xw/viewform?fbclid=IwAR3JHEGXfiLCECSyR3TOonYXwH2RyGvs f3u6BUszex-paGILoUvN606eIG4
Under 10’s & 11’s Registration Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSftIW93_l6Ij3i1B752OAwpKTpvMpEE_Ehj8ZyEHJUi aDHlZw/viewform?fbclid=IwAR0VJMhlnF-47H6xNKadr9ZJdiaEgYNs3mpLl-yYT-uVPlXQF4WqM2P9DTA

If you have any further questions please contact alexbutt@me.com

Hamilton Olympic
Under 9's, 10's and 11's
Location: Darling St Oval, Cnr Hassell & Darling St, Hamilton South.

Trial Dates:
Under 9's - Monday 2nd September
Under 10's - Tuesday 24th September
Under 11's - Wednesday 25th September
Arrive 5.30pm for 6:00pm start

Registration Form: https://hamiltonolympic.com.au/npl-net-and-sap-team-trials/

Lake Macquarie Roosters

Trial Dates:
Under 9’s - Tuesday 20th August & Tuesday 27th August
Under 10's & 11's - Thursday 26th September 2019 with a possible second trial on Friday 27th September 2019
Arrive: 4.30pm for 4.45pm start.

Registration Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSck0PTHCl73bY-QUDBwkTRkatMRWNs3k4IXeGCoMIQQjCmY1A/viewform?fbclid=IwAR1EeWyRsqRNYnFctPuI4hrMwlsqRHmn Sc-w_R4mH7rwNAA67gva8Vii1VM

For further information: lakemacquariecityfootballclub@gmail.com

Lambton Jaffas
Under 9's trials

Trial Dates: Wednesday 7th August and Wednesday 14th August
Arrive 5.45pm for 6:00pm start.

Registration Form: https://form.jotform.co/82108099572866

There will be no Under 10’s or 11’s open trials.

Maitland Magpies

Trial Dates:
Under 9’s - Tuesday 13th August, Thursday 15th August, 5.30pm - 6:30pm
Under 10’s – Wednesday 25th and Thursday 26th September, 6pm – 7:20pm
Under 11’s – Wednesday 25th and Thursday 26th September, 6pm – 7:20pm

To Register:
email: sapoperations@Maitlandfc.com.au with the following information
Name
Date of Birth
Preferred position
Parents name
Phone No.
Email
Current Club

New Lambton Eagles

Singleton Strikers

Trial Dates:
Under 9’s – Thursday 12th September 5pm
Under 10’s – Tuesday 24th September 5pm
Under 11’s – Tuesday 24th September 5pm

Registration Form: http://singletonstrikers.com.au/play-football/2020-trial-registration-form/

South Cardiff Gunners

Trial Dates:
Under 9’s – Tuesday 3rd & Wednesday 4th September
Under 10’s – Monday 9th & Tuesday 10th September
Under 11’s - Trials will be held depending on the Expressions of Interest received
6pm – 7:15pm

EOI Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdp_8nA7XpB0b6L1ilKx0IYlMLjgWwSWVztWEPvioq4 qeGmgg/viewform?fbclid=IwAR1TlBeZZaBV1B_jI4ZT50DKaOgW_9MU H_eof1C6O6lnhpB6ESNiYEZElHo

Valentine Phoenix
Under 9's, 10's and 11's Expressions of Interest

Trial Dates:
Under 9’s – Friday 23rd August 6pm

EOI Form: https://forms.gle/kJnnbURkPWG9phKv9
For further information: registrar@vefc.com.au

Wallsend Devils
U9’s boys and girls trials.
Location: ‘The Gardens’ sporting complex, 104 Sandgate road, Birmingham Gardens

Trial Dates:
Under 9’s – Tuesday 20th, Wednesday 21st & Thursday 22nd August
5:00pm – 6:30pm

If you have any questions regarding this, please contact Daniel Byatt at youth@wallsendfc.com.au

Rego link to follow: In the meantime, fill in the below questions & send them to Dan.
First Name
Last Name
FFA Number
Date of Birth
Address
City
Email
Phone
2019 Club and Division
Preferred Position
Parent/Guardians Name

Weston Bears

Trial Dates:
Under 9’s – Monday 26th & Wednesday 28th August. 5pm - 6pm Additional trial for U9 SAP will be held on Thursday 26th September 5:00pm - 6:30pm
Under 10’s – Monday 23rd & Tuesday 24th September. 5:30pm – 6:30pm
Under 11’s – Monday 23rd & Tuesday 24th September. 6:30pm – 7:30pm

Under 9’s Registration form: http://www.westonfc.com.au/index.php/news/1508-skills-acquisition-at-weston-3?fbclid=IwAR2OI4cd2IR3mfRFeVIriylZJ8EIslfYThqBNWP ReHQnEGyEzpH8gQ8gLtM
Under 10’s & 11’s Registration Form: http://www.westonfc.com.au/index.php/news/1429-skills-acquisition-at-weston-2?fbclid=IwAR2n5sJng8FmNQRbXxg_Chmim07_9PvM1FKraME ivnmytbfQjFQ3s8a16NU

For Further information: jj@westonfc.com.au

Negative Police
28-07-2019, 03:13 PM
Edgy quick off the mark

plague
28-07-2019, 04:04 PM
Jaffas, Magic and Olympic only running one 11's squad and not having open trials. Not sure if they will trial for next years 10's.

Source: Jaffas, Magic and Olympic apparently.

londonboy
28-07-2019, 07:58 PM
I’m pretty sure Cessnock City are putting in u9/u10 SAP teams this year. I also heard Cooks Hill were looking at entering an u9 team. Not sure if that’s confirmed yet though.

Aegon
29-07-2019, 09:51 AM
Jaffas, Magic and Olympic only running one 11's squad and not having open trials. Not sure if they will trial for next years 10's.

Source: Jaffas, Magic and Olympic apparently.

For Jaffas:

• The club will select two squads of u9 players, two squads of u10 players and one squad of u11 players.
• Squad numbers will be u9s = 18, u10s = 18, u11s = 13 players.
• The identification of players for u10s will include scouting from clinics, observation and assessment of current SAP players, discussion with appointed Lambton SAP coaches, and trials.
• The identification of players for the u11s will include scouting from clinics, observation and assessment of current SAP players, and discussion with the appointed Lambton SAP coach. There will be no need for a formal trial for u11s.
• The club’s Technical Director, with the team coaches, will determine the final squad selections.

Aegon
29-07-2019, 09:56 AM
I’m pretty sure Cessnock City are putting in u9/u10 SAP teams this year. I also heard Cooks Hill were looking at entering an u9 team. Not sure if that’s confirmed yet though.

Thanks, if they send out trial dates I will put them in the original post.

For everyone: Please let me know if you see details posted by a club that I may have missed, etc.

plague
29-07-2019, 10:43 AM
For Jaffas:

• The club will select two squads of u9 players, two squads of u10 players and one squad of u11 players.
• The identification of players for u10s will include scouting from clinics, observation and assessment of current SAP players, discussion with appointed Lambton SAP coaches, and trials.
• The identification of players for the u11s will include scouting from clinics, observation and assessment of current SAP players, and discussion with the appointed Lambton SAP coach. There will be no need for a formal trial for u11s.
• The club’s Technical Director, with the team coaches, will determine the final squad selections.

Does Jaffas run a NET team in at the moment in 9's or 10's?
If so is that continuing or are those players in the pool of kids getting selected for the single SAP squad?

plague
29-07-2019, 10:48 AM
also, im assuming the one big squad in 11's is due to the field getting bigger for next year. Does anyone know if thats been decided by NNSW yet?

Gonna be interesting to see what happens to the 15+ kids cast off by Magic/Jaffas/Olympic for next year. Because if everyone else decides to not hold trials then theres gonna be a lot of decent kids with 2 years training in the program with no team to go to. It will be a shame considering that the following year in 12's they'll all be out looking for new players because i believe they go to full field and need a squad of around 15 each.

Seems a bit daft to turf kids for one year only to then need them again.

Aegon
29-07-2019, 10:58 AM
Does Jaffas run a NET team in at the moment in 9's or 10's?
If so is that continuing or are those players in the pool of kids getting selected for the single SAP squad?

No, it looks like New Lambton are the only NF team that runs both NET and SAP in the 10's. This might be subject to change from any of the teams but it's doubtful.

also, im assuming the one big squad in 11's is due to the field getting bigger for next year. Does anyone know if thats been decided by NNSW yet?

9 a side on a bigger field. I couldn't find a reference to compare the 2 field sizes sorry.

Gonna be interesting to see what happens to the 15+ kids cast off by Magic/Jaffas/Olympic for next year. Because if everyone else decides to not hold trials then theres gonna be a lot of decent kids with 2 years training in the program with no team to go to. It will be a shame considering that the following year in 12's they'll all be out looking for new players because i believe they go to full field and need a squad of around 15 each.

From the indications I have been given, the SAP program wont go 11 a side. 11's and 12's will play by the same rules. it will be at NPL level where the kids start playing full field and 11 a side.

I had thought the same thing. It definitely might come back to bite them in the future.

Reds Forever
29-07-2019, 11:16 AM
No, it looks like New Lambton are the only NF team that runs both NET and SAP in the 10's. This might be subject to change from any of the teams but it's doubtful.

9 a side on a bigger field. I couldn't find a reference to compare the 2 field sizes sorry.

From the indications I have been given, the SAP program wont go 11 a side. 11's and 12's will play by the same rules. it will be at NPL level where the kids start playing full field and 11 a side.

I had thought the same thing. It definitely might come back to bite them in the future.

Current U12 SAP is 9 a side like U11. So squad size will stay same for U11 and U12. Field is slightly bigger for U12 but unsure if this will remain the case when it comes around.

plague
29-07-2019, 11:19 AM

Interesting, cheers for the info.

Its gonna be an interesting few months in this program.

I dont know many clubs that will 'need' 2 teams next year as most are now def in the class of 1 competitive team and one lesser quality team. I just hope the kids that stay in the program are the ones with the technical ability. Because if parents and coaches are just concerned with winning games then they should pay 1/3 the rego and go back to ID's where they can flog everyone.

londonboy
29-07-2019, 09:22 PM

I understand Magic may be fielding two teams in the SAP u11s next year. Parents were apparently told this last week. I think they’d all assumed there would only be a single team, but apparently not.

Goatscheese
29-07-2019, 11:11 PM

If that is true and the post about how many Lambton are taking are also true then Lambton may need to take more than 13 in their U11 side

Retired01
30-07-2019, 06:40 AM
I heard on the weekend that Hamilton will also be fielding 2 U11s next season. This is concerning for clubs who have already chosen their players as they will need more players and we had 2 players leave and go to Hamilton late pre season when given the chance. It was evidenced that we started the player movements by taking one of Hamiltons prior and starting the swapsys. So win some lose some I guess.

plague
30-07-2019, 07:57 AM
whats everyones opinions on 2 teams per club for U/11's?

Personally, every week this season without fail I've seen one strong team per club and one ok team. I think every club would probably benefit from picking the best 3 or 4 from their 'B' team and having one strong team. I know some clubs are getting 'results' from both teams but ive seen plenty of teams play nothing like the program intended and 'win' games and i think thats a pointless path to keep going down.

You could still have 2 games per weekend, or if the level is good enough have 4 x 20min periods against one team per week.

Id personally rather see Jaffas vs Magics best and Olympics best on one weekend rather than have one tough game and one easy game. Some clubs would def be way way better by having one strong team, and if that then frees up spots for clubs like Cooks Hill and Cessnock to have one strong team it can hopefully keep enough top quality players in the talent pool to make the NPL comp strong when it comes to that time.

It sounds bad but this program is designed to get the absolute cream of the talent and get them ready for A-League level. Kids are going to miss out so the chop has to start sometime.

and this is from a dad of a kid who would def be on the cut line at our club.

Aegon
30-07-2019, 09:52 AM
If that is true and the post about how many Lambton are taking are also true then Lambton may need to take more than 13 in their U11 side

11's and 12's (2021) are 9 a side and they are selecting 13 players? Are you saying that's not enough?

Aegon
30-07-2019, 10:00 AM
whats everyones opinions on 2 teams per club for U/11's?

I don't think there is a right or wrong answer. I can see it from both perspectives. Choose the cream of the crop, or train a few extra players knowing you'll need more player numbers within 2 years.

If I had to make a call, I would lean the way of choosing your best 13 players for one team on the caveat that all clubs do the same. It would mean the kids are playing tougher competition each week but are surrounded by teammates they are confident in.

BUT - some of the strongest players are inevitably are going to be taken by the Jets. It will be interesting seeing what impact that has on some of the bigger clubs.

I think Northern should make the decision that all clubs field 1 team, or 2 teams.

Doopche
30-07-2019, 11:17 AM
What if they both have very strong sides in both teams?? The thing I’d like people’s thoughts on is teams like New lambton dropping kids from the 10s to play in the 9s just to get a win over the stronger teams and benching their regular players for the sake of winning.... piss poor if you ask me.

Aegon
30-07-2019, 11:52 AM
What if they both have very strong sides in both teams?? The thing I’d like people’s thoughts on is teams like New lambton dropping kids from the 10s to play in the 9s just to get a win over the stronger teams and benching their regular players for the sake of winning.... piss poor if you ask me.

First I have heard about that. if true, I can't see the point?

Retired01
30-07-2019, 12:12 PM
The kids New Lambton are dropping back to U9s to fill in are in the 9s age group.
I noticed Hamilton did the same thing on the weekend.

Aegon
30-07-2019, 12:32 PM
The kids New Lambton are dropping back to U9s to fill in are in the 9s age group.
I noticed Hamilton did the same thing on the weekend.

I was at Hamilton's game this weekend and didn't notice this.
Regardless, all good games from what I saw.

plague
30-07-2019, 12:50 PM
The thing I’d like people’s thoughts on is teams like New lambton dropping kids from the 10s to play in the 9s just to get a win over the stronger teams and benching their regular players for the sake of winning.... piss poor if you ask me.

I'll save you the trouble of hearing the thoughts of others and just give you the facts.

The kid involved a few weeks ago is a 9 year old playing up in 10's (as he did last year).
The NNSW guys were scouting players for the TSP squad and asked his coach if he could play a game with his own age to see if he was good enough for the program.
Coach played him down in 9's for one game for the NNSW coaches to see him (they were there on the sidelines) and yes from what i saw he and the other kid they were scouting played really well. Parents were informed of what how and why this was happening.

The kid then went and played his normal 10's matches (he didnt play the 2nd 9's game).
It happened to be against a team that were 'undefeated' or some such shit, and there was a bit of sooking on the sidelines about the kid influencing the 'result', and here again is the problem.
This program is not about 'winning'. It is about identifying the best available talent in order to get the best players into the right program to hopefully make it in the game.
Rather than be upset about an under 9's player playing in under 9's and doing well, maybe teams/clubs/coaches and parents need to think to themselves "oh, thats the level our players need to be (and exceed) in order to go further in the program".

Again, ID's have wins, they have tables, they have points and they have trophies. If winning is what matters, if staying undefeated is what matters, if celebrating yet another long ball runaway goal matters, then go play there. Its all set up for that type of thing.
The SAP program aint about that, it just isnt.

Funny part is theres a U/9 kid playing in 10's at Jaffas that is better than all of them in my opinion. Wait til you see tis kid go round if he ever drops back to his own age. The cream of that grade has some serious potential.

plague
30-07-2019, 12:54 PM
If I had to make a call, I would lean the way of choosing your best 13 players for one team on the caveat that all clubs do the same. It would mean the kids are playing tougher competition each week but are surrounded by teammates they are confident in.

yeah absolutely agree here.

Can see most clubs now going around to tap their better kids on the shoulders to reassure them of a spot next year. Once any doubt kicks in kids are gonna start club shopping to make sure they are in a spot somewhere. It will prob result in kids changing teams unnecessarily which isnt the best result for anyone.

The Dunster
30-07-2019, 01:18 PM
If one local player every five years from SAP manages to become a professional footballer / A-League standard I'd say that would be a great result.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of parents expectations are plain and simply ridiculous.

Doopche
30-07-2019, 01:19 PM
Hahaha clearly you have something to do with lambton then.... when you are dropping kids from the 10s back to the 9s which every team can do mind you but some coaches have dignity... to bench the kids that are part of the 9s so you can “show the tsp coaches how good they are” 😂😂😂 what a load of shit.... any team from the SAP can drop kids from the 10s that a still 9 and do the same but they don’t... and how do you know certain teams are undefeated?? Clearly you have dropped them back to get a win because without those players your team copped a hiding...

Some coaches need to learn to coach and not stack sides if it’s not about the results...

Doopche
30-07-2019, 01:28 PM
I know Olympic has about 3 kids that are 9 and can drop back and magic has 4 that can still play under 9s and as far as I’m aware Olympic only use those kids in emergencies when players are away or sick and magic don’t use them at all.... don’t talk rubbish about tsp programs and I know Niel Orr and he wouldn’t promote that garbage... you stacked the side to beat the undefeated side you spoke of and that’s all there is too it.... by saying suck shit and allot of sooking just proves my point.... as a parent of one of the players, if that was my kid making way for the 10s kids I’d be blowing up... absolute disgrace from lambton

plague
30-07-2019, 01:47 PM
Hahaha clearly you have something to do with lambton then.... when you are dropping kids from the 10s back to the 9s which every team can do mind you but some coaches have dignity... to bench the kids that are part of the 9s so you can “show the tsp coaches how good they are” ������ what a load of shit.... any team from the SAP can drop kids from the 10s that a still 9 and do the same but they don’t... and how do you know certain teams are undefeated??

ok we are sure getting into some territory here so ill try and understand what you're saying.

* The NNSW coaches asked the player to play down. Which bit of this dont you understand?
* I actually agree that players that qualify for 9's should be playing 9's and so on, but this kid played up last year and got selected again in an open trial this year in a team above his age group. He played 'one game' because the next level of coaches above his own asked him to.
* Teams can drop kids from 10's to 9's if they qualify in age. Sure, again, whats your point here? The kid in question is the only one in that entire squad that qualifies to do this. Again, theres kids in other teams that probably qualify too. Im not sure if they play down or not but if the TSP coaches asked them to then im sure they would.
* i know the word undefeated was used because immediately after the game there were parents on one team commenting that it was the first game they had lost all year, and parents on the other team claiming they had beaten a previously undefeated side. I shook my head at all of them.

then after all that, we get to this:

Clearly you have dropped them back to get a win because without those players your team copped a hiding...

Some coaches need to learn to coach and not stack sides if it’s not about the results...

Im pretty sure i explained it in both posts. If you still cant accept it then thats on you.
If the 'result' is a kid getting a chance at increased involvement at a higher level of football, then yeah sure, thats a good 'result'.

As for 'my team' copping a hiding?
My kid isnt in any of the teams we are talking about. I know the kid involved, and i know a bunch of players and parents of the team involved. Again, i didnt hear any complaints from the parents when the kid played one game. If someone had any issues I hope they brought it up with the coaches. Then I hope the coaches explained why it happened. Regardless, I've seen the majority of that teams matches this year and id say that they are as good as anyone else in the program. if you think otherwise, then cool. if you base your opinion on results, then thats also cool.

Also, questioning coaches dignity? Dangerous territory there mate especially when you seem hell bent on believing your own version of events.
Anyway ive explained what happened. Believe it of you want. Not sure what else you want from me.

plague
30-07-2019, 01:50 PM
don’t talk rubbish about tsp programs and I know Niel Orr and he wouldn’t promote that garbage...

geez mate, if you know him so well then go ask him.
why do you need me to answer your questions? hes the one that was there too. sitting on a chair in between the fields watching the players.

go ask him, seriously. i think you need to.

plague
30-07-2019, 01:58 PM
or some such shit

by saying suck shit

ok, i see whats happening here.

Retired01
30-07-2019, 03:14 PM
Back to the splitting of teams and A and B stuff. What would happen if Hamilton and Magic played an A and B squad their A teams would flog everyone. Talking to some of the parents I know at Hamilton. They deliberately keep them even to spread the talent to keep 2 evenly matched teams.

plague
30-07-2019, 03:25 PM
Back to the splitting of teams and A and B stuff. What would happen if Hamilton and Magic played an A and B squad their A teams would flog everyone. Talking to some of the parents I know at Hamilton. They deliberately keep them even to spread the talent to keep 2 evenly matched teams.

in 10's?
Because i think both those clubs have 2 fairly distinct teams.
If they had one merged team in 11s, my opinion only, but there would be 3 clubs i can think of that would give those two teams a good game every week.

Doopche
30-07-2019, 03:26 PM
I was at the ground and I seen Neil sitting in front of us and taking particular notice of the game we are referring to... but I also did notice that the same players didn’t take the field in the 2nd game and from scoring about 5-6 goals in the 1st game vs the undefeated side to scoring 0 in the 2nd with 2 less substitutes ... I noticed there was 3 substitutes in the 1st game and only 1 in the second game.... it doesn’t bother me in the slightest if lambton want to do that but I just think it’s not in the spirit of the game and other teams like Olympic and magic could do the same.... it’s hard to believe Niel has promoted that so he could see how the kid would go vs the undefeated magic side ..... The thing is a lot of these kids go to school with one another from different sides and know what’s going on even though they are only 9ys of age....

Anyway play on 🤷*♂️

plague
30-07-2019, 04:10 PM
I was at the ground and I seen Neil sitting in front of us and taking particular notice of the game we are referring to... but I also did notice that the same players didn’t take the field in the 2nd game and from scoring about 5-6 goals in the 1st game vs the undefeated side to scoring 0 in the 2nd with 2 less substitutes ... I noticed there was 3 substitutes in the 1st game and only 1 in the second game.... it doesn’t bother me in the slightest if lambton want to do that but I just think it’s not in the spirit of the game and other teams like Olympic and magic could do the same.... it’s hard to believe Niel has promoted that so he could see how the kid would go vs the undefeated magic side ..... The thing is a lot of these kids go to school with one another from different sides and know what’s going on even though they are only 9ys of age....

Anyway play on 🤷*♂️

It was 1 kid from the 10's that played.
The game he played was the first game on the saturday after Neil spoke to his coach on the thursday night at training.

I know it's hard for you to understand, and it may come as a shock, but it had nothing to do with your team. He was always playing the first game on the saturday because that was when Neil was there to watch him.it didn't matter if it was Magic, Jaffas or the local Church team. That kid was playing that one game then he was going to play his 2 normal under 10's matches.

You asked a question I gave you the facts. You've talked yourself into a cool conspiracy theory about stacking teams just to knock your team off. If you want to believe that then cool. I can't do any more for you. Again though, this had nothing to do with your team.

I noticed those 2 teams are due to square off again in a few weeks time. You think they are gonna play that kid again? I can tell you right now that he won't be playing.

Once again, instead of theorizing about it, go ask Neil. You say the kids know each other, then go ask the kid. Spouting your tin foil hat shit on here ain't helping you though.

Doopche
30-07-2019, 04:55 PM
Hahahah twist it anyway you want... I just hope you’re a parent and not a coach there because if clowns like you are involved in junior football god help our kids 🤦*♂️

plague
30-07-2019, 06:12 PM
Hahahah twist it anyway you want... I just hope you’re a parent and not a coach there because if clowns like you are involved in junior football god help our kids ��*♂️

sick burn bro.
starting to remind me of a goalie that used to hang around in AA/A a few years back, now a parent involved in SAP at one of the bigger clubs.
we good though. Lets hope your next 6 posts help fix alien abductions and fake moon landings. Going to all that effort to register an account just to tell fibs on the internet is a fantastic start.

Negative Police
30-07-2019, 06:57 PM
I know Olympic has about 3 kids that are 9 and can drop back and magic has 4 that can still play under 9s and as far as I’m aware Olympic only use those kids in emergencies when players are away or sick and magic don’t use them at all.... don’t talk rubbish about tsp programs and I know Niel Orr and he wouldn’t promote that garbage... you stacked the side to beat the undefeated side you spoke of and that’s all there is too it.... by saying suck shit and allot of sooking just proves my point.... as a parent of one of the players, if that was my kid making way for the 10s kids I’d be blowing up... absolute disgrace from lambton

Wasnt Lambton. Maybe New Lambton. Cant even bash the right club. And if Magic was involved there'll be an outrage because its win at all cost anyway.

Players shouldnt be allowed to swap age groups at all. If some lad is a legend then he plays up all year regardless.

Doopche
30-07-2019, 07:02 PM
I did say new lambton in original comment so I do have the right club... if I was going to say lambton I’d say Jaffa’s so relax... but I’m glad you agree with my point on it 👍 sorry if you thought I meant Jaffa’s

Aegon
31-07-2019, 07:57 AM
Well........ That escalated quickly.

plague
31-07-2019, 09:38 AM
Players shouldnt be allowed to swap age groups at all. If some lad is a legend then he plays up all year regardless.

yeah to be honest id rather see kids only play their age group (no 9's getting picked in 10's at the expense of a 10's player), but it is what it is at the moment, and we all know its an imperfect system.
They keep stressing to us though that the whole point of the program is to get the very best kids in each age group and move them into TSP then onto Jets. If they do it by unconventional methods then so be it.

Anyway the kid in question is going to stay in 10's next year so they'll have to deal with him every week.

Does anyone know how Jobes lads went overseas last month? Heard they did really well last year but havent bumped into any of them yet.

dan
31-07-2019, 09:55 AM
Wallsend FC U9’s SAP boys and girls trials.
For players born 2011 & 2012 wanting to be part of our SAP teams Under 9’s.
Trials are held at ‘The Gardens’ sporting complex, 104 Sandgate road, Birmingham Gardens on the following dates-
Trial No.1: Under 9’s – Tuesday 20th August 5:00pm – 6:30pm
Trial No.2: Under 9’s - Wednesday 21st August 5:00pm – 6:30pm
If you have any questions regarding this, please contact Daniel Byatt at youth@wallsendfc.com.au

I’ll hopefully have a proper rego link up at some stage today, but feel free to fill in the below questions & send them in an mail to me in the meantime.

Fields marked with an * are required
First Name *
Last Name *
FFA Number*
Date of Birth *
Address*
City*
Email *
Phone *
2019 Club and Division *
Preferred Position*
Parent/Guardians Name *

Aegon, can you please update the trial date post you made at the start of this thread? Cheers mate

Aegon
31-07-2019, 10:10 AM
Will do Dan. Good job for getting in early.

londonboy
31-07-2019, 12:14 PM

Has it ever been considered that the two teams from a club actually play each other in a season? While I'm sure some clubs wouldn't like the idea solely on principal, I can see no reason why all teams in SAP shouldn't play each other. There is almost no interchanging of players between teams as far as I can see, so the only thing stopping it would be clubs saying 'no' purely on tribal grounds.

Club Team A vs Club Team B would mean that those clubs with two strong teams get to have another game (in competition-like conditions) against another good team, and NNSWF scouts would get to see how kids at that club match up against each other (as opposed to getting a snapshot of the kids in games against teams of varying strength). If the point of SAP is about making better players and not the results, its illogical that there are teams that would avoid playing each other, potentially all the way from u9-u11 if teams are now having two teams in u11.

Surely the bigger picture should be that we want the best vs the best as often as possible.

Aegon
31-07-2019, 12:24 PM
Has it ever been considered that the two teams from a club actually play each other in a season? While I'm sure some clubs wouldn't like the idea solely on principal, I can see no reason why all teams in SAP shouldn't play each other. There is almost no interchanging of players between teams as far as I can see, so the only thing stopping it would be clubs saying 'no' purely on tribal grounds.

Club Team A vs Club Team B would mean that those clubs with two strong teams get to have another game (in competition-like conditions) against another good team, and NNSWF scouts would get to see how kids at that club match up against each other (as opposed to getting a snapshot of the kids in games against teams of varying strength). If the point of SAP is about making better players and not the results, its illogical that there are teams that would avoid playing each other, potentially all the way from u9-u11 if teams are now having two teams in u11.

Surely the bigger picture should be that we want the best vs the best as often as possible.

I think the only limitations are logistics and planning, the way the competition schedule is handled it makes it easier to plan around club vs club. Adding a layer of complication would make it that much harder to get an accurate draw in good time.

londonboy
31-07-2019, 12:29 PM
I think the only limitations are logistics and planning, the way the competition schedule is handled it makes it easier to plan around club vs club. Adding a layer of complication would make it that much harder to get an accurate draw in good time.

Yes, I can see this, but they could simply do a couple of additional 'club' rounds, perhaps during the scheduled weekends off, or even just before the season or at the end of the season. It might take a bit of thought and planning, but I think it would be worth it to stop teams avoiding playing one and other for little reason.

Aegon
31-07-2019, 12:37 PM
Yes, I can see this, but they could simply do a couple of additional 'club' rounds, perhaps during the scheduled weekends off, or even just before the season or at the end of the season. It might take a bit of thought and planning, but I think it would be worth it to stop teams avoiding playing one and other for little reason.

Agreed, There have been enough football free weekends this year that the club could have organised intra club games anyway. Perhaps Northern could have suggested it.

plague
31-07-2019, 12:48 PM
i like the idea. Even pushing it further if NNSW reschedules the draw mid season, and Jaffas have 2 strong teams and Edgy only 1, put all 3 in the one half of the draw and if they end up playing each other then good.

Our club def trains separate, and often has mini games to end training of squad v squad.
So they are already going at each other anyway.

Again, keeping the best kids against the best kids is the whole idea.

londonboy
31-07-2019, 05:11 PM
i like the idea. Even pushing it further if NNSW reschedules the draw mid season, and Jaffas have 2 strong teams and Edgy only 1, put all 3 in the one half of the draw and if they end up playing each other then good.

Our club def trains separate, and often has mini games to end training of squad v squad.

Yep, I agree - after the mid-season split draw is the time to do it. They are already grading the teams it seems - just pitch the best against the best regardless of club. It would make for some very competitive matches every week and all the kids will benefit.

The Dunster
31-07-2019, 05:12 PM

Do the kids travel to other states to test themselves against unfamiliar opponents ?

It would be great to see some kind of a Nationwide elite U10 tournament if one doesn't already exist.

plague
31-07-2019, 05:26 PM
Do the kids travel to other states to test themselves against unfamiliar opponents ?

It would be great to see some kind of a Nationwide elite U10 tournament if one doesn't already exist.

not sure about nationwide but im positive Jaffas had a SAP 9's team that went to a tournament in Canberra last year.
Pretty sure it was organised through Jaffas and Jobe and not part of SAP program.

Dont know if the TSP program plays against other teams yet or if its just training.

If anything (costs/logistics etc) the benefit would be for the TSP kids to play against the best from Syd/Melb etc somehow. Having the bulk of SAP kids playing any higher level at the moment wouldnt benefit them (unless opening their eyes to the level they need to be is a benefit?).

plague
31-07-2019, 05:29 PM
Yep, I agree - after the mid-season split draw is the time to do it. They are already grading the teams it seems - just pitch the best against the best regardless of club. It would make for some very competitive matches every week and all the kids will benefit.

Can only assume if all clubs go to one squad in 11's next year it should make for better quality matches every week from every club, assuming the cast offs from the better clubs end up in another squad somewhere.

londonboy
31-07-2019, 05:36 PM

I know in Sydney they have SAP Gala Days. Seeing as NNSWF already has an idea on the better teams currently, you’d think there would be an opportunity clubs here to get involved in these? It would be a great experience.

londonboy
31-07-2019, 05:38 PM
not sure about nationwide but im positive Jaffas had a SAP 9's team that went to a tournament in Canberra last year.
Pretty sure it was organised through Jaffas and Jobe and not part of SAP program.

Dont know if the TSP program plays against other teams yet or if its just training.

If anything (costs/logistics etc) the benefit would be for the TSP kids to play against the best from Syd/Melb etc somehow. Having the bulk of SAP kids playing any higher level at the moment wouldnt benefit them (unless opening their eyes to the level they need to be is a benefit?).

I think this is the Kanga Cup. It looks a good competition, but I heard they were pretty light on u9 and u10 teams this year. I think the Emerging Jets u12 girls went there and did pretty well.

dan
31-07-2019, 07:44 PM
I think this is the Kanga Cup. It looks a good competition, but I heard they were pretty light on u9 and u10 teams this year. I think the Emerging Jets u12 girls went there and did pretty well.

We’ll be aiming to take the 9’s, 10’s & 11’s to the Kanga Cup next year at Wallsend.

Aegon
01-08-2019, 08:21 AM
I know in Sydney they have SAP Gala Days. Seeing as NNSWF already has an idea on the better teams currently, you’d think there would be an opportunity clubs here to get involved in these? It would be a great experience.

Jaffas U9's played Apia Leichardt in the pre-season after 2 weeks of training in their first game together. Both teams were beaten comprehensively but I think they'd give them a very competitive game now.

londonboy
04-08-2019, 10:23 PM
https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/362ccc2519dd4797a5adf75c2292f125

Adamstown have announced EOIs for their SAP (and other) trials. No word on dates yet but application form is above.

Jaffas are also holding the first of their SAP u9 training days this coming Wednesday. The details are:
Wallarah Oval, Monash Road, New Lambton. 5.45pm arrival for 6:00pm start.

plague
04-08-2019, 11:34 PM
https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/362ccc2519dd4797a5adf75c2292f125

Adamstown have announced EOIs for their SAP (and other) trials. No word on dates yet but application form is above.

Jaffas are also holding the first of their SAP u9 training days this coming Wednesday. The details are:
Wallarah Oval, Monash Road, New Lambton. 5.45pm arrival for 6:00pm start.

Open trials in 11's might see a crowd turn up, all wearing different kits.

Aegon
05-08-2019, 10:17 AM
Does anyone know if there is a limit to links you can put in a thread? I keep getting a 403 Forbidden error when I am trying to edit the original post with more links.

londonboy
05-08-2019, 12:12 PM
We’ll be aiming to take the 9’s, 10’s & 11’s to the Kanga Cup next year at Wallsend.

Out of interest Dan, will you try and include the Kanga Cup trip costs as part of SAP registrations, or run this separately? I assume travel/accommodation will not be cheap, so just wondering whether Wallsend have come up with some kind of package to make this more affordable for parents?

I'd imagine you'd want to lock in players and travel plans pretty early on, as some won't be able to afford it and some people will always drop out at the last minute. You don't want to be scrambling around for players to fill spots or ask parents to pay more money to cover the trip.

londonboy
05-08-2019, 12:13 PM
Does anyone know if there is a limit to links you can put in a thread? I keep getting a 403 Forbidden error when I am trying to edit the original post with more links.

No sorry mate - it took me a few goes to work out how to reply to certain posts. I'm the last person to ask!!

londonboy
05-08-2019, 12:16 PM
How was everyone's SAP weekend? I saw that Olympic were up against Singleton and the Hunter Valley Football Girls. I've not seen either of these teams, so would be interested to know how the games went? I assume the HVFG are u11s?

Aegon
05-08-2019, 12:34 PM
How was everyone's SAP weekend? I saw that Olympic were up against Singleton and the Hunter Valley Football Girls. I've not seen either of these teams, so would be interested to know how the games went? I assume the HVFG are u11s?

Lambton Jaffas were up against Broadmeadow Magic at Wallarah Oval.

Some good games on display in the 9's and 10's. All played in very good spirit and some very good individual performances were seen as well.

I think Magic got the better of the games in the 9's but it was much closer in the 10's.

plague
05-08-2019, 12:52 PM

the NNSW rep girls teams in the boys 10's are completely outmatched. they shouldnt be there, or it should be a huge wake up call to the coaches about the lack of quality being taught.
On the other hand, the Jets girls (think they are 12's) are competitive and very well coached. They def lack the individual skill level of the boys, but i was impressed with what i saw. wouldnt be upset if they remain in the SAP program going forward.

If NNSW are serious about womens football they need some decent programs in there to help the clubs out.

i watched a few games against a team that was quite highly spoken of (hadnt seen them all season). turns out they booted long balls all day and ran and ran and ran and tackled and tackled and tackled. They were completely outplayed by their opponents. Their coach was completely removed from the point of the program but i can understand they get 'results' because of the way they just want to win games (theres about 3 teams that everyone raves about that are actually playing terrible football).

the longer this goes on the bigger the gap will become between the top few clubs and the rest. NNSW coaches better be out there running their eye over the type of coaches in this program.

just reread this post and yes i come across as very very cranky but it was really disappointing to watch.

onlooker
05-08-2019, 01:01 PM

Depending on the age group of the Olympic team The U/10’s would play against the Girl 12’s and the Olympic 9’s play the girl 11’s.

I watched the 9’s play the girls as my daughter is the keeper for HVFG and boy those Olympic kids can play. The first touch and ability to hold the ball against much bigger girls was incredible to watch. And the coaching was great to see aswell they weren’t just telling the kids what to do they were asking them where they should be and majority of the time the kids made the adjustments. In both games the score ran up a bit In favour of Olympic kids and this may just be a biased father speaking but it could have been more if not for some good saves by my girl.

Negative Police
06-08-2019, 09:52 PM
If one local player every five years from SAP manages to become a professional footballer / A-League standard I'd say that would be a great result.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of parents expectations are plain and simply ridiculous.

So 28 teams x 9 players there are 250 u9's and about the same 250 in u10s x 5 years = 1 out 2500 players. each player forking out around 1000pa for 5 yrs is $2,500,000 per successful player.

Goatscheese
06-08-2019, 10:20 PM
So 28 teams x 9 players there are 250 u9's and about the same 250 in u10s x 5 years = 1 out 2500 players. each player forking out around 1000pa for 5 yrs is $2,500,000 per successful player.

The cost wouldn't bother Northern they aren't the ones paying for it.

londonboy
07-08-2019, 07:27 AM
Broadmeadow Magic

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfLm3kpqQj5j7h5_qN5vaSz1rzG8woxpGzPCcrrYIXU LD1e_Q/viewform

Magic EOIs for trials in all SAP and NPL Youth age groups.

plague
07-08-2019, 08:48 AM
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfLm3kpqQj5j7h5_qN5vaSz1rzG8woxpGzPCcrrYIXU LD1e_Q/viewform

Magic EOIs for trials in all SAP and NPL Youth age groups.

Interesting. People were falling over themselves telling us that Magic weren't trailing 11's for next year.

londonboy
07-08-2019, 09:06 AM
Interesting. People were falling over themselves telling us that Magic weren't trailing 11's for next year.

Do the U11s SAP play 9-aside? Magic are running two teams in U11s next year, so will be looking to add to their current U10s squads of 9 players in each I guess.

londonboy
07-08-2019, 09:16 AM
Hamilton Olympic

https://hamiltonolympic.com.au/npl-net-and-sap-team-trials/

plague
07-08-2019, 09:59 AM
Do the U11s SAP play 9-aside? Magic are running two teams in U11s next year, so will be looking to add to their current U10s squads of 9 players in each I guess.

Yes we've been told that 11s will be on a bigger field with squads of 11. So yes running 2 teams will require more people.

Have you been told by the club they'll be running 2 teams? All the info we had was that Magic, olympic and Jaffas sent a letter to NNSW saying they were only running 1 team and not trailing.

Obviously by announcing trials that info seems to be contradicted.

Also was told on the weekend that Charlestown have announced their squad 11s for next year so the kids that didn't make it can go trial elsewhere. Anyone else know if this is true?

londonboy
07-08-2019, 10:38 AM
Have you been told by the club they'll be running 2 teams?

Yes, that's what I have been told.

Doopche
07-08-2019, 11:09 AM
You are an absolute wanker... saying 9yr olds are playing terrible football. Really?? They are still learning the game and they don’t need morons like you putting them down.
Do you ever stop whinging? Get a life champ and leave the poor kids alone.

“3 teams are being raved about but are playing terrible football”. That will do me, they are 9yrs of age.
It’s parents like you we need out of the game.

Aegon
07-08-2019, 11:20 AM
Have you been told by the club they'll be running 2 teams? All the info we had was that Magic, olympic and Jaffas sent a letter to NNSW saying they were only running 1 team and not trailing.

From Jaffas TD to current parents:

Also was told on the weekend that Charlestown have announced their squad 11s for next year so the kids that didn't make it can go trial elsewhere. Anyone else know if this is true?

I'd heard the same - Charlestown keeping the players they already have and not undertaking trials.

Aegon
07-08-2019, 11:28 AM
https://hamiltonolympic.com.au/npl-net-and-sap-team-trials/

Thanks mate - I have updated Olympic and Magic's details.

Where did you see these? I didn't see either on their webpages or FB?

plague
07-08-2019, 11:42 AM
You are an absolute wanker...

13k posts and you finally work that out NOW? Good, you're learning. Now stop getting sucked in. Even the good Member only dives in a few times a year now.

Do you ever stop whinging?
yes, but i get a migraine and need to return to commenting on U/9's soccer. Stupid Public Health System and Socialism etc etc etc

Parent? Jesus, why would I want kids? and who would want them with me? Im a professional gambler betting exclusively on U'9's SAP games. Making bank too. hey, maybe i can buy a kid so i fit in. He'd be terrible at football though, guaranteed.

leave the poor kids alone why? why not go after the middle class and rich ones too? ill take on ALL WAGE BRACKETS!!!!

Do you want to do a podcast with me? pv4 was in but i fired him (hes terrible). job opening is there, Jeterpool will hook it all up.

plague
07-08-2019, 11:54 AM
also, just to clarify, because i know my homie is still gonna miss the point.

terrible football does not equal terrible children.

learn the difference, and learn the point of the program.

you are the bloke being loud wrong on the internet about a 9 year old playing in the 9 year olds team.

your shiny tracksuit doesnt make you teflon.
If I can change, and you can change, everybody can change*.

* i totally stole that quote from Rocky IV but whatever.

The Dunster
07-08-2019, 11:57 AM

I've only seen one elite u9 / u10 player that made it as a professional footballer - and he came from a small club (Brighton) and was surrounded by average at best players - but because of him they basically won everything against the best teams in the country at the time.

Overall, I don't know if these programs really make that much of a difference as the best kids pretty much do it on their own anyway.
In a lot of way's [and I've not been involved for a very long time so things hopefully have changed] making kids at u9 or u10 view the game as a business rather than a social situation brings about a lot of disappointment and a massive reality check when they find out they were conned.

plague
07-08-2019, 12:02 PM

logistics gonna be interesting next year. you would assume 9 and 10 would still be set up the same as now, but with 11s on a bigger field they will need to be a completely seperate grounds, or play later in the day once the 9 and 10 are done. we did get told one idea floating around was to have 1 longer game in 11's rather than 2 games, which might fit more games in over a weekend. Does anyone know how long NET halves go for?

Doopche
07-08-2019, 12:09 PM
it was more so the 9yr old taking the spots of the kids that already play in the 9s you imbecile.
No one cares if a 9 yr old drops down to play his own age group if teams have players away or injured because where else can they get players from? It’s the point your club or the club you seem to know so much about did it to beat a so called undefeated team that you clearly stated, but that was just a coincidence because niel orr said it was okay 🙄 I bet you have a table at home and count the scores and points of 9yr olds you sad human..

“It’s not about how hard you hit, it’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward”

Yeah I’ve seen Rocky as well you clown

Aegon
07-08-2019, 12:14 PM
logistics gonna be interesting next year. you would assume 9 and 10 would still be set up the same as now, but with 11s on a bigger field they will need to be a completely seperate grounds, or play later in the day once the 9 and 10 are done. we did get told one idea floating around was to have 1 longer game in 11's rather than 2 games, which might fit more games in over a weekend. Does anyone know how long NET halves go for?

25-30mins..? I can't be sure.

if you have been to Wallarah the 9's and 10's fields are marked over the 11's and 12's fields. Maybe 10-20m longer and wider.

plague
07-08-2019, 12:17 PM
I've only seen one elite u9 / u10 player that made it as a professional footballer - and he came from a small club (Brighton) and was surrounded by average at best players - but because of him they basically won everything against the best teams in the country at the time.

Overall, I don't know if these programs really make that much of a difference as the best kids pretty much do it on their own anyway.
In a lot of way's [and I've not been involved for a very long time so things hopefully have changed] making kids at u9 or u10 view the game as a business rather than a social situation brings about a lot of disappointment and a massive reality check when they find out they were conned.

when we were first sold on SAP, the point was made that it was there to try and combat the 3rd party operators offering the promise of elite football for kids (and charging accordingly). Everyone seemed to remember the good old days of our players coming through the clubs then onto international success. This program was designed to kick start the 'strength' of clubs from an early age, maybe breed some loyalty and give them a pathway to the NPL level. The very best of them would be picked along the way for the A-League affiliates and who knows from there.

for sure, kids will come from outside the system and thats cool. but by the time the kids should really be getting noticed (5 years away) they will be in a club environment not a 3rd party program. everyone approaches it differently, but i think its a good system, not perfect, but what is*?

from a personal perspective, my kid loves it. his only focus now is hopefully being good enough to get a spot next year. if not, he knows whats required to get back in. he knows hes not in the elite category, but wants to get the most out of it. from a parenting point of view we can see its taught him a lot about responsibility, teamwork and a general work ethic which has reflected in his general behaviour and especially his schooling. Im happy to pay a few extra bucks for him to be around like minded kids and awesome coaches and a strong club environment.

*well, Griff obviously.

Aegon
07-08-2019, 12:20 PM
it was more so the 9yr old taking the spots of the kids that already play in the 9s you imbecile.
No one cares if a 9 yr old drops down to play his own age group if teams have players away or injured because where else can they get players from? It’s the point your club or the club you seem to know so much about did it to beat a so called undefeated team that you clearly stated, but that was just a coincidence because niel orr said it was okay �� I bet you have a table at home and count the scores and points of 9yr olds you sad human..

You are taking this way too seriously. How would another team even know another team is undefeated. The scores aren't recorded or submitted anywhere. I can't figure out if you are upset your sons team lost or whether you feel a sense of injustice because a 9 year old played in under 9's?

Either way, who cares? As long as your son is being trained well, he's developing and he's enjoying his football nothing else matters.

Doopche
07-08-2019, 12:32 PM
I didn’t say the undefeated comment champ, get your facts straight... old mate did, I have no idea who’s won how many games or what like you boofheads on here seem to know.
I came for a look over here when it was brought to my attention by someone else and then was baffled as to how into it you guys are over under 9s football, and I’m taking it too seriously? 🤔

plague
07-08-2019, 12:33 PM
No one cares if a 9 yr old drops down to play his own age group if teams have players away or injured because where else can they get players from? It’s the point your club or the club you seem to know so much about did it to beat a so called undefeated team that you clearly stated, but that was just a coincidence because niel orr said it was okay �� I bet you have a table at home and count the scores and points of 9yr olds you sad human..

“It’s not about how hard you hit, it’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward”

Yeah I’ve seen Rocky as well you clown

nah, you dont care about the parents of the kids that 'missed out'.

you dont, so stop pretending.

and i dont need a table to know results as i just listen to loudmouths in tracksuits behind benches blowing up at volunteer refs and life in general.

also, can you please make your mind up. i need to update my business card and dont know whether to put 'wanker', 'moron', 'imbecile', 'sad human' or 'clown' on it.
and dont say all 5 because ink is expensive these days.

Aegon
07-08-2019, 12:34 PM

I don't understand the point you are trying to make? Every player these days has come through an academy program of some variety be it here in Aus or overseas.

None of the kids playing view this as a business. They play because they love it or because their parents make them. The latter from what i see is a big minority.

My son played community football prior to this year with boys that were almost at his level of ability. This year Jr has played 3x as many games and has trained 2-3 times per week where as the boys who didn't join SAP train once a week over a much shorter period.

Comparing them now is impossible as the playing ability gap has grown exponentially.

Does this mean my son will make the a league? Probably not, the chances are miniscule. He'd need 100% commitment and for a lot of things to fall in the right way.

It has given him something to strive towards and a realistic view of his playing ability compared to the boys around him. At this stage i think he'd be happy to grow up and play NPL.

Is the system perfect? Probably not but its much more realistic than thinking Joe Blogs is going to play community football only and turn into the next A League or EPL star. That may have been possible in the past but is absolutely rubbish to expect that these days.

Aegon
07-08-2019, 12:46 PM
I didn’t say the undefeated comment champ, get your facts straight... old mate did, I have no idea who’s won how many games or what like you boofheads on here seem to know.
I came for a look over here when it was brought to my attention by someone else and then was baffled as to how into it you guys are over under 9s football, and I’m taking it too seriously? ��

This forum has actually been a very good medium for learning how clubs operate and how SAP works in general from other people I would likely never meet or talk with.
Last year I had no idea what SAP is and how it works. If one person is more educated from this post or the forum in general then I think it is a good thing. finding details on trials last night for my son and his friends was a nightmare as well.

The only negative part is when keyboard warriors come on here behind the protection of anonymity and feel free to attack people like they never would have the balls to do in person.

If you don't like the medium - feel free to leave.

plague
07-08-2019, 12:56 PM
and then was baffled as to how into it you guys are over under 9s football, and I’m taking it too seriously? ��

i know right, some people on here are legit too much.

like the bloke that came all the way over here to make his first post some defamatory shit about the reputations of coaches and clubs within the program.

The thing I’d like people’s thoughts on is teams like New lambton dropping kids from the 10s to play in the 9s just to get a win over the stronger teams and benching their regular players for the sake of winning.... piss poor if you ask me.

or the one that peppers each post with personal insults because he refuses to believe a different point of view.

nope, lucky you and I are the good eggs on here.
Hopefully everyone else can take a leaf out of our book.

The Dunster
07-08-2019, 01:57 PM
I don't understand the point you are trying to make? Every player these days has come through an academy program of some variety be it here in Aus or overseas.

None of the kids playing view this as a business. They play because they love it or because their parents make them. The latter from what i see is a big minority.

My son played community football prior to this year with boys that were almost at his level of ability. This year Jr has played 3x as many games and has trained 2-3 times per week where as the boys who didn't join SAP train once a week over a much shorter period.

Comparing them now is impossible as the playing ability gap has grown exponentially.

Does this mean my son will make the a league? Probably not, the chances are miniscule. He'd need 100% commitment and for a lot of things to fall in the right way.

It has given him something to strive towards and a realistic view of his playing ability compared to the boys around him. At this stage i think he'd be happy to grow up and play NPL.

Is the system perfect? Probably not but its much more realistic than thinking Joe Blogs is going to play community football only and turn into the next A League or EPL star. That may have been possible in the past but is absolutely rubbish to expect that these days.

The point is that it's very difficult to see the finished product when they are nine or ten years old.
Making the sport insular by restricting progression to a select few at that age makes little to no sense - and is probably going to be detrimental if kids that are late bloomers simply move to other sports or away from sport altogether.

Disregarding elite programs anyone can see that the level of non elite players has increased massively as far as technical skill goes.
5th tier players today are doing things that rep players couldn't do 40 years ago.

I'm not against elite programs - I just think u9/u10 is too early.

Aegon
07-08-2019, 02:41 PM
I'm not against elite programs - I just think u9/u10 is too early.

Don't elite clubs overseas start their academy programs younger than this?

I don't necessarily think 9's and 10's are too young. I just hate to think some kids miss out because they can't afford it. There should be scholarships available at least a couple per club paid for by the associations where a parent can prove that they have financial difficulties in meeting the payments.

plague
07-08-2019, 02:53 PM

I don't necessarily think 9's and 10's are too young. I just hate to think some kids miss out because they can't afford it. There should be scholarships available at least a couple per club paid for by the associations where a parent can prove that they have financial difficulties in meeting the payments.

i think as well, that the clubs running this arent 'elite' in any sense of the word.
Even the level down from 'elite' in our country (A-League) start at what, 12's?
SAP is like pre-school for A-league.

I think the problem isnt about exclusionary tactics, its just the lack of facilities and coaches especially. It would prob be great to have 4 SAP teams per club per age group in order to include more kids. But you only have to look at the difference in coaching levels already in place to realise that there would be a lot of kids spending a lot of money and not getting the full benefits out of it.
The best they can do at the moment is develop the kids they have, be open to getting new kids in who show promise in other levels of the game and go from there.

Also, love the scholarship ideas, would love to see it but lets face it, you're relying on the generosity of others to fund it, and at this level of the sport, theres not too many benefactors out there.
Our club has stressed that if anyone has any issues with payment, the club is absolutely open to helping them out. Id suspect most clubs would have the same attitude.

Bull fighter
07-08-2019, 04:28 PM
What I can tell you from personal experience is that between U/9's though to U/18 around 75% of kids either stop playing or play other sports, it is impossible to pick out which kids at 9 will still be playing as 18 year olds and the most important thing a parent can do it just let them play. Every kid should enjoy his football and the only way to do that is to be playing at the correct level for his or her ability at that time. No one but the child will determine whether they achieve playing at a pro level. In most cases in what I have seen in many sports dedication, drive, persistence & work ethic will always triumph over talent only.
I've seen hugely talented kids at 7 who the father has said to me the "my son will play for Man U" & 2 seasons later they are playing Rugby League, so everyone take a chill pill. Good Night.

plague
07-08-2019, 04:56 PM
What I can tell you from personal experience is that between U/9's though to U/18 around 75% of kids either stop playing or play other sports, it is impossible to pick out which kids at 9 will still be playing as 18 year olds and the most important thing a parent can do it just let them play. Every kid should enjoy his football and the only way to do that is to be playing at the correct level for his or her ability at that time. No one but the child will determine whether they achieve playing at a pro level. In most cases in what I have seen in many sports dedication, drive, persistence & work ethic will always triumph over talent only.
I've seen hugely talented kids at 7 who the father has said to me the "my son will play for Man U" & 2 seasons later they are playing Rugby League, so everyone take a chill pill. Good Night.

yeah couldnt agree more. but i honestly think some people on the outside of this program think theres a bunch of delusional parents on the sidelines fending off approaches from EPL clubs.

its not.

again, this program is really to get kids ready for 14's and up. thats it. its all supposed to be about the training and the basic skills. coaches/parents putting on pressure on teams to 'win' in the program dont know whats going on. totally agree some people who should be setting better examples are living and dying by results, and yes i honestly think it will run off more kids than it develops and its a problem. but again, how do you solve every issue?

once they hit those older ages, if they are doing really well they will get scouted and on the roundabout they go and prob find their rightful place in footballs ladder, from the heights of SPL down to NPL.
again, my kid is focused on getting a spot somewhere for next year because he loves every minute of it. thats all hes thinking of.
most kids are the same, trust me i see a LOT of it.

The Dunster
07-08-2019, 05:26 PM

Yes. Barca takes in around 200 or so six to eight year olds each year - And the goal is to turn them into Champions League Standard players by the time they are 18-21 years old.
They also look after kids that didn't make the cut by sponsoring / donating and so on to other smaller clubs.
In Australia this is simply not economically viable - these clubs have youth budgets that dwarf what the entire A-League spends on players.

finzee
07-08-2019, 05:40 PM
You are an absolute wanker... saying 9yr olds are playing terrible football. Really?? They are still learning the game and they don’t need morons like you putting them down.
Do you ever stop whinging? Get a life champ and leave the poor kids alone.

“3 teams are being raved about but are playing terrible football”. That will do me, they are 9yrs of age.

Summed yourself up perfectly. No sport or website needs a moron like you. I cant see how any club except 1 would want an aids fest like you. I bet i picked it.

Sooner you disappear the better for your family, town, country, us all and so on.

Apologies to the good people in here trying to chat but over this.

Bull fighter
07-08-2019, 06:13 PM
yeah couldnt agree more. but i honestly think some people on the outside of this program think theres a bunch of delusional parents on the sidelines fending off approaches from EPL clubs.

its not.

again, this program is really to get kids ready for 14's and up. thats it. its all supposed to be about the training and the basic skills. coaches/parents putting on pressure on teams to 'win' in the program dont know whats going on. totally agree some people who should be setting better examples are living and dying by results, and yes i honestly think it will run off more kids than it develops and its a problem. but again, how do you solve every issue?

once they hit those older ages, if they are doing really well they will get scouted and on the roundabout they go and prob find their rightful place in footballs ladder, from the heights of SPL down to NPL.
again, my kid is focused on getting a spot somewhere for next year because he loves every minute of it. thats all hes thinking of.
most kids are the same, trust me i see a LOT of it.

I’ve seen it all over the years the good, the bad & the ugly, all that matters is if your kid is loving it then your doing the right thing.

The Dunster
07-08-2019, 07:53 PM
Do they have something along the lines of an FFA Cup for the u9 and U10 kids ?

When I was in that age bracket we played Cup games which essentially meant you played fixtures against teams in your state but not in your league or division throughout the year in a knockout competition. Teams were often mismatched in the early rounds - but upsets did occur as well which made it interesting.

We even exchanged flags with our opposition at the coin toss, and each player had a passport so as nobody could use ringins.

Do the kids today even understand the significance of exchanging flags with their opposition before a game ? Or is it something from the past that's no longer significant ?

Retired01
08-08-2019, 06:42 AM
I find it amusing that there is arguments over who is winning or not. All the passive aggressive comments, some not so passive simply proving that this group are also focused on the score lines.
The whole idea of the game is to score more goals than the other team. What SAP is about for me is how the ball is managed and team positions themselves to get that result. It cant be changed that parents can only see results. That's why we don't coach. Kids and parents are there to win. I listen to the boys every week chat about how good the other team is going to be or what was the score last round. I think its wonderful they are competitive as the rest of life is competitive too

Yes you appear to know what club I'm from and when we play the better teams we don't move around either. Why? score more goals. let less in. Get over it. Brutally honest I have only seen 1 team this year who genuinely appear to change their team up after half time.
This garbage here is why referees quit, kids get bad attitudes and committees dwindle. Now that we have all made comment ask yourself this weekend what can I do to make the kids enjoy the situation more or help a coach to provide more time for our kids.

plague
08-08-2019, 09:11 AM
I find it amusing that there is arguments over who is winning or not. All the passive aggressive comments, some not so passive simply proving that this group are also focused on the score lines.
The whole idea of the game is to score more goals than the other team. What SAP is about for me is how the ball is managed and team positions themselves to get that result. It cant be changed that parents can only see results. That's why we don't coach. Kids and parents are there to win. I listen to the boys every week chat about how good the other team is going to be or what was the score last round. I think its wonderful they are competitive as the rest of life is competitive too

Yes you appear to know what club I'm from and when we play the better teams we don't move around either. Why? score more goals. let less in. Get over it. Brutally honest I have only seen 1 team this year who genuinely appear to change their team up after half time.
This garbage here is why referees quit, kids get bad attitudes and committees dwindle. Now that we have all made comment ask yourself this weekend what can I do to make the kids enjoy the situation more or help a coach to provide more time for our kids.

completely agree here.
the only point im trying make (seemingly poorly) is that the 'how' is very very important.
the kids know they won or lost, but as long as the coach and parents are prioritising the 'how' they won or lost to me is the most important thing.

one of the best teams in the program has these 3 fantastic players, (all the kids on the team are good but these 3 are outstanding). anyway most times i see them the coach plays them all up front together one half, then all down the back the other half. i watched a game where they put on a few goals in the first half, but in the 2nd half the other team was charging back. the coach refused to budge and played his 3 stars in unfamiliar positions to see out the match. the temptation was there just to stick the stars back up front and make it easy, but he obviously wanted these players to stick to the plan. thought it was a great piece of coaching and it made me wonder how many other coaches would have just stuck the superstars back up front in order to get some goals and win the game.

Yaa Yaa
08-08-2019, 10:45 AM
Hahah just read through this. Sounds like some very competitive dads in here living through their kids. Just relax guys. A lot of complaining about coaching as well, why don’t you guys put your hands up to help out? I mean what sort of coaches do you think this grade would attract unless they have a son playing in the team, because I don’t think the pay is what attracts them. I’ve noticed a few ex 1st grade players helping out at a few teams which I’m pretty sure all have kids in the teams and don’t seem to be too bad from what I’ve seen.

plague
08-08-2019, 11:27 AM
A lot of complaining about coaching as well, why don’t you guys put your hands up to help out?

thankfully my kid has a really really good coach, id actually love to do it, and help out at training whenever I can.
Simple fact is im not as good a coach as the bloke that has the job, if and when my kid and his coach get seperated id like to think ill step up if required.

If you consider some observations on the differing levels of coaches as 'complaining' then ok.
I see it more as trying to find the balance between getting as many kids into the system as possible, but making sure they are getting the right type of coaching. Id put it more on NNSW rather than the coaches, if they are gonna charge the money they are asking, then emphasis needs to be put on implementing the program. Agreed, i see the same ex-players you do, and think they do a great job. I just hope if NNSW see a regular dad out there doing his best that they offer the support and structure needed to implement the program.

I think something else to look for in reference to your 'living through your kids' line is that 'most' people posting on here arent discussing how red hot their little Johnny is. You'll also notice we dont talk scores, use team names, player names etc in most cases as i think singling out individuals isnt the point. Its more about how clubs approach it, info on trials and a bit of insight into what everyone else is doing.

but i get what you're saying, ive been dragged down there a couple of times, but we are trying to keep it nice and cheerful.

Yaa Yaa
08-08-2019, 11:53 AM
Fair call... I’ve seen some very good kids in this program but it’s way too early to say if they will do anything in the game.. untli they hit the bigger field I wouldn’t get carried away with calling some kids superstars though.. now all I here is talk of this TSP program... I put it to you all, is it a money spinner or not?? If kids are identified at a young age to train at this level why do they have to pay on top of the $1000 they already pay.. feels like nnsw are just cleaning up on us parents. The jets should be playing in Sydney npl like we did in old days with buds and Australs and not playing local... look at the 13s comp 146 plus goals and haven’t lost a game, what are they getting out of that??

londonboy
08-08-2019, 12:17 PM
now all I here is talk of this TSP program... I put it to you all, is it a money spinner or not?? If kids are identified at a young age to train at this level why do they have to pay on top of the $1000 they already pay.. feels like nnsw are just cleaning up on us parents.

What are the fees for the TSP then? I just assumed this program would be included in the standard SAP fees. If TSP also attracts more fees, its little wonder kids turn to AFL or rugby league as parents just won't be able to afford for them to play.

The whole cost of SAP is crazy, to be honest. It means that only those kids who's parents can afford it are involved, not necessarily the best kids. This doesn't happen anywhere else in the world that I know of - most big clubs in countries (the most successful playing nations) will grab the best kids they can find and nurture them, and the only 'payment' asked in return is the kids/parents time in getting them to training. No fees, as the clubs know if they unearth a couple of gems every couple of years then its all been worth it. It's called investing in the future. I've seen an exceptional 8 year old in community football this year who barely turns up to training and games because his mum can't afford to miss work to get him there. Will he play SAP? Not in this lifetime. On earlier threads people discussed scholarships or clubs/NNSWF paying for the kids who can't afford it and that is a terrific idea. If football is going to thrive and the A-League/national team are to push on the game needs to be inclusive of everyone.

The FFA need to look at the stuff AFL provides to kids who join up to Auskick or youth AFL and realise why they lose top athletes to that code. And AFL do this for free so they attract not only that kid, but that kids siblings and their mates. Smart, long-term marketing.

plague
08-08-2019, 12:23 PM
now all I here is talk of this TSP program... I put it to you all, is it a money spinner or not?? If kids are identified at a young age to train at this level why do they have to pay on top of the $1000 they already pay..

yeah thats a weird one. i know kids in it, and they are really really good. Ive also seen some kids who didnt make it, and they are really really good too.
At this age, i dont know anyone sweating on their kids making it or not. the bloke whos kid is in it that i know doesnt seem to think its all that, but it is keeping his kid in the minds of the people who will picking the Jets in a few years time so hes pretty resigned to being on that merry go round.

again, over the next 2 years i can see kids from outside SAP making the Jets, kids from the TSP giving up football all together and the rest hopefully living up to their potential.

plague
08-08-2019, 12:36 PM
The whole cost of SAP is crazy, to be honest.

especially when you see the breakdown of who gets the cash.
clubs dont do any good out of it, and most clubs have (im sure mandated) to spend a lot of money on playing/training kit.

you could easily cut a few hundred dollars a year off the bill for parents by being smarter. i mean, FFA could go out tomorrow and do a nationwide kit deal and actually have someone pay to make the uniforms for every 'development' kid in the country. but nope. each club has to source their own stuff and pay for it.

add to that sponsorships etc, and they could be bringing in income for a program like that (like NAB auskickers etc).

londonboy
08-08-2019, 01:01 PM
especially when you see the breakdown of who gets the cash.

I know Dan from Wallsend posts on here every now and then, and I am sure he won't mind me sharing what the Wallsend SAP cost breakdown was last year:

NNSWF Fees: $347, which includes training ball

Player apparel: $156.95
- Training jersey
- Training shorts
- Training Socks
- Playing jersey
- Playing shorts
- Playing socks
- Puma bag or backpack
- Drink bottle

Coaching fees: $75.50

Training Venue: $17

Admin fees: $13.55

Club presentation night: $40 *if the price is cheaper then we will reimburse you the difference

Total - $650

So when you look at Wallsend, they are actually only directly charging parents $303 for SAP at their club, when you remove the $347 NNSWF takes. Obviously other clubs charge a lot more than Wallsend, so I guess those clubs place a higher value on things such as coaching. You would hope that player apparel would be fairly consistent across the board.

I agree 100% on the sponsorship thing - Miniroos has Aldi on board, but there is nothing for SAP or NPL Youth as far as I can see. You'd guess one of the kit manufacturers would love to see every 'elite' kid in the country playing in their gear. Great marketing for the company, cheaper fees for parents and pats on the back for the FFA for organising it. Everyone wins.

Doopche
08-08-2019, 01:28 PM
Yes the 1K and then the extra clinics they do in holidays and select teams.
Football has turned into a rich kids sport like golf and tennis I’m afraid. Then in 3 years time he will say I don’t enjoy it anymore because of the strict coaching that NNSW put on certain coaches and TD’s that at times take away the fun side of football.
Don’t forget the costs of doing a c license or equivalent now to be able to coach under 9s soon.

And the poor old kid from the local commission house gets left behind because he can’t afford to pay.

I agree with the jets playing in Sydney comp as well, why hasn’t that been brought up? The fees I hear the jets kids pay should be more than enough for buses down to play once a week.

ForeverRed
08-08-2019, 04:32 PM
I know Dan from Wallsend posts on here every now and then, and I am sure he won't mind me sharing what the Wallsend SAP cost breakdown was last year:

NNSWF Fees: $347, which includes training ball

Player apparel: $156.95
- Training jersey
- Training shorts
- Training Socks
- Playing jersey
- Playing shorts
- Playing socks
- Puma bag or backpack
- Drink bottle

Coaching fees: $75.50

Training Venue: $17

Admin fees: $13.55

Club presentation night: $40 *if the price is cheaper then we will reimburse you the difference

Total - $650

So when you look at Wallsend, they are actually only directly charging parents $303 for SAP at their club, when you remove the $347 NNSWF takes. Obviously other clubs charge a lot more than Wallsend, so I guess those clubs place a higher value on things such as coaching. You would hope that player apparel would be fairly consistent across the board.

I agree 100% on the sponsorship thing - Miniroos has Aldi on board, but there is nothing for SAP or NPL Youth as far as I can see. You'd guess one of the kit manufacturers would love to see every 'elite' kid in the country playing in their gear. Great marketing for the company, cheaper fees for parents and pats on the back for the FFA for organising it. Everyone wins.
Here’s a saving, delete the training gear, you can wear what’s in your draw at home, delete the bag, not sure why a kid needs a bag, turn up ready to play, delete the drink bottle, there’s always a tap at the back of the canteen, see simple, I’ve saved you parents a motza already

dan
08-08-2019, 06:57 PM
FR, is that how it’s done at Southy, then good one you guys for cutting the costs down. I think you’ll find our rego is almost half the cost of some clubs, for what they get in terms of essentially 3 seasons worth of football (if they were playing community) in one season of SAP. With preseason it’s pretty much a 12month commitment & we still heavily rely on fundraising & sponsors to take the costs down for the kids.
It costs a hell of a lot more than $650 to cover the costs of putting a kid on the pitch.

ForeverRed
08-08-2019, 07:06 PM
FR, is that how it’s done at Southy, then good one you guys for cutting the costs down. I think you’ll find our rego is almost half the cost of some clubs, for what they get in terms of essentially 3 seasons worth of football (if they were playing community) in one season of SAP. With preseason it’s pretty much a 12month commitment & we still heavily rely on fundraising & sponsors to take the costs down for the kids.
It costs a hell of a lot more than $650 to cover the costs of putting a kid on the pitch.
I have know idea how it’s done at southy mate, just adding some humour to a somewhat sad forum,

plague
08-08-2019, 07:29 PM
I have know idea how it’s done at southy mate, just adding some humour to a somewhat sad forum,
I, for one, am digging the funny FR.

dan
08-08-2019, 07:38 PM
I agree Plague, I could definitely get used to funny FR dropping in from time to time.

Goatscheese
08-08-2019, 11:00 PM
Probably not but its much more realistic than thinking Joe Blogs is going to play community football only and turn into the next A League or EPL star. That may have been possible in the past but is absolutely rubbish to expect that these days.

Which is an absolute joke that in Newcastle community teams will generally only play 14 matches, needs to start earlier and finish later.

Goatscheese
08-08-2019, 11:04 PM
Here’s a saving, delete the training gear, you can wear what’s in your draw at home, delete the bag, not sure why a kid needs a bag, turn up ready to play, delete the drink bottle, there’s always a tap at the back of the canteen, see simple, I’ve saved you parents a motza already

I was more amused that the club charges for Presentation Night

Aegon
09-08-2019, 09:46 AM
Which is an absolute joke that in Newcastle community teams will generally only play 14 matches, needs to start earlier and finish later.

Couldn't agree more. 14 games is a farce at all levels.

londonboy
09-08-2019, 10:23 AM
Couldn't agree more. 14 games is a farce at all levels.

Why do they only play 14 games? I thought I was told this is because of pressure on grounds, with other sporting codes also using them. But the sheer number of clubs hosting Summer Six competitions suggests to me that there is actually ground availability, albeit perhaps at different times.

I'd love to see some kind of end-of-season competition, where each community club selects a team (or selects players to make up a team) at u8/u9 to play a few more rounds into the summer. A sort of NET comp for age groups down. It won't effect those kids who are just happy to play 14 rounds, and will allow those community players keen on the game more exposure to competitive football.

Clubs are effectively promoting competition games with the Summer Six stuff at u10 already, so why not go a bit further? You could even do it at SAP, NET level - have a select group of SAP and NET teams and do some kind of knock-out tournament? The fact the Newcastle Football TD is already heavily involved in SAP means that it should not be too difficult to arrange. I'm sure if there was a desire amongst clubs this would be easy enough to arrange.

plague
09-08-2019, 12:02 PM
Why do they only play 14 games? I thought I was told this is because of pressure on grounds, with other sporting codes also using them.

yeah I've heard this is one of the lines trotted out but i think Community football finishes this weekend and no cricket starts til mid-late October yeah?
Could easily squeeze in 4-6 more games easy.

I did hear one of the 247,000 rumours going around about SAP/NET next year is that if SAP dies indeed go to 1 team per club and clubs dropping NET, that the very best of 11's will be playing in a graded comp so at least the kids that miss out are still getting a better level of competition. they will prob still be bound by Community rules/grounds/schedule though. would be nice to somehow schedule them more games.

NNSW needs to remember that once these SAP kids get to full field and not in the Jets program, they'll be requiring more players to fill NPL squads. and if they are going to look at kids that have been forgotten about for a few years it wont be good for anyone.

plague
09-08-2019, 12:03 PM
Have anyones clubs registered to play in the SAP summer comp that plays through Oct-Dec?

Aegon
09-08-2019, 12:15 PM
Have anyones clubs registered to play in the SAP summer comp that plays through Oct-Dec?

The ones at Speers Point? Not even mentioned at Jr's club.

Yaa Yaa
09-08-2019, 12:26 PM

No stuff going back to 5 a side, better off joining the ones the NPL teams are planning on doing.

plague
09-08-2019, 12:34 PM

Yeah the Speers pt one.
Hadn't heard much about it other than the club offering up a team.

I guess teams playing out of Walarah would be doing that summer comp that RH runs yeah?

Aegon
09-08-2019, 12:41 PM
Yeah the Speers pt one.
Hadn't heard much about it other than the club offering up a team.

I guess teams playing out of Walarah would be doing that summer comp that RH runs yeah?

A lot of boys from Olympic, Jaffas, Rosebuds and other Newcastle football teams are.

londonboy
09-08-2019, 12:49 PM
No stuff going back to 5 a side, better off joining the ones the NPL teams are planning on doing.

What are the NPL clubs planning on doing? If something is in the works it would be good to get the message out, before kids sign up for touch football / cricket/ futsal / Summer Six / FastFives / Summer NET / U12 Champions League at Magic Park [delete as appropriate]

Yaa Yaa
09-08-2019, 01:20 PM
What are the NPL clubs planning on doing? If something is in the works it would be good to get the message out, before kids sign up for touch football / cricket/ futsal / Summer Six / FastFives / Summer NET / U12 Champions League at Magic Park [delete as appropriate]

Not concrete yet but I know Adamstown did one last season with mixed 9/10s sap teams on a Wednesday night, RH will be just filling his pockets with the other one hence why you will get Olympic and Jaffa’s kids there. I’ve heard possibly magic might do one also... might be too many if that’s the case and not enough teams to go around.

londonboy
09-08-2019, 01:36 PM
might be too many if that’s the case and not enough teams to go around.

Yep, the competition is pretty hot for those $$$ this summer. I think its great to give kids the option of summer football, but you are right that if everyone runs one it just dilutes the pool of teams available to play. Do NNSWF or NF hand out "licences" for these Summer Sixes? You'd like to think there must be so application process for them, otherwise everyone can run one. From my knowledge I think Wallsend, Mayfield, Adamstown, New Lambton and Jaffas run a Summer Six with u10 age groups, and now possibly Magic too. I'm sure some of the Macquarie teams do as well. So that, plus futsal, Speers Point FastFives SAP and Summer NET in the u10/u11 age groups, you are looking at a very over-saturated market.

Yaa Yaa
09-08-2019, 01:51 PM
Yep, the competition is pretty hot for those $$$ this summer. I think its great to give kids the option of summer football, but you are right that if everyone runs one it just dilutes the pool of teams available to play. Do NNSWF or NF hand out "licences" for these Summer Sixes? You'd like to think there must be so application process for them, otherwise everyone can run one. From my knowledge I think Wallsend, Mayfield, Adamstown, New Lambton and Jaffas run a Summer Six with u10 age groups, and now possibly Magic too. I'm sure some of the Macquarie teams do as well. So that, plus futsal, Speers Point FastFives SAP and Summer NET in the u10/u11 age groups, you are looking at a very over-saturated market.

Yep, they should just have one run by NNSW and maybe a knockout style comp like they have overseas for kids that age and eventual winner.. I’m sick of this no tables or scores till under 13s, the kids know the scores, let them get used to winning and loosing, it’s part of life.. when they grow up and little johnny goes for a Job and isn’t good enough he doesn’t get the job does he? Just preparing them for the real world. Some of my fondest memories are winning grand finals at age 10, it’s what made me love the game and some of these kids can’t experience that till 13 now, pretty shitty if you ask me.

plague
09-08-2019, 02:05 PM
Does anyone know what age kids have official scores and a table?
In any comp (SAP/NET/I.D's etc).

Aegon
09-08-2019, 03:10 PM

U12’s

onlooker
09-08-2019, 03:11 PM

Pretty sure it’s U/12’s when they go to full size field. Well that’s what it is in community football anyway.

Reds Forever
09-08-2019, 04:13 PM

U12 SAP is box to box and has points table at present. Although have heard that it will be across field next year and no points table due to lack of grounds. Aim is to squeeze 2 matches on one field like they do for u11 now.

Community teams at u12 play 11 a side on full field with grading and points table.

plague
09-08-2019, 04:30 PM
thanks everyone.
i can understand the want for SAP kids to keep playing on 1/2 fields.
it would make sense if everyone went 2 teams, 1/2 field for one more year (11's) then full field after that in line with other comps.

dan
09-08-2019, 07:04 PM
I was more amused that the club charges for Presentation Night

With it being the first year of club SAP I thought weÂ’d have the SAP 9Â’s presentation night with the NewFM under13Â’s-1st grade squads. The Wallsend Diggers are the clubs sponsor venue, and with booking the upstairs function room we need to buy a meal package, due to OHS you cannot buy your own meal and take it upstairs to the function rooms.
We did not go with that inclusion this year and the SAP presentation will not be at the diggers. YouÂ’ll find IÂ’m open, honest & transparent with how we do SAP at Wallsend, feel free to post your clubs past or present rego packages for unanimous people on the internet to pick apart.

Negative Police
09-08-2019, 08:18 PM
Not concrete yet but I know Adamstown did one last season with mixed 9/10s sap teams on a Wednesday night

Adamstown also had a Friday twilight with the SAP teams from nearby clubs. Was a good one.

Negative Police
09-08-2019, 08:25 PM
Hahah just read through this. Sounds like some very competitive dads in here living through their kids. Just relax guys. A lot of complaining about coaching as well, why don’t you guys put your hands up to help out? I mean what sort of coaches do you think this grade would attract unless they have a son playing in the team, because I don’t think the pay is what attracts them. I’ve noticed a few ex 1st grade players helping out at a few teams which I’m pretty sure all have kids in the teams and don’t seem to be too bad from what I’ve seen.

I dont see many competitive parents on here. 1 narcissistic screwball isnt a bad average for some old keyboard never werez.

When we were 9 we had grand finals and parents were well into it. not good.

Negative Police
09-08-2019, 08:42 PM

The NET u10s and u11's have a points table as they all play at Wallarah and RH collates all info. No semis.

Merewether on top in 10's and Lambton in 11's i think.

dan
10-08-2019, 08:34 AM
The NET u10s and u11's have a points table as they all play at Wallarah and RH collates all info. No semis.

Merewether on top in 10's and Lambton in 11's i think.

Are there girls teams in NET or can they play mixed Negative Police?

londonboy
10-08-2019, 08:55 AM
YouÂ’ll find IÂ’m open, honest & transparent with how we do SAP at Wallsend, feel free to post your clubs past or present rego packages for unanimous people on the internet to pick apart.

Dan, I for one applaud Wallsend’s transparency and desire to keep the costs to parents as low as you can. That $300 you get out of the fees isn’t going to go far, but clearly SAP at the club is about the kids and football. Well done I say.

londonboy
10-08-2019, 08:58 AM

I think it’s mixed, BUT it’s via a trial and selection process. I know Mayfield held their u10 NET trials this week and all kids were selected directly by RH. Not Mayfield or the coaches, RH. Girls did trial, but none were selected. Not sure if it’s the same selection process at other clubs?

Yaa Yaa
11-08-2019, 09:33 AM
So does anyone know what the actual cost of regos are at all the SAP clubs around Newcastle?

dan
11-08-2019, 01:33 PM
So does anyone know what the actual cost of regos are at all the SAP clubs around Newcastle?

It’s probably a bit early to get exact registration figures from clubs as NNSWF hasn’t informed us what their registration fee per player will be in 2020. Along with kit providers, council possibly changing prices etc
Rough prices between the clubs could possibly be anywhere from $650-$2k with all the kit inclusions etc

Aegon
11-08-2019, 01:41 PM
$2k... wow
Jaffa’s this year was about 1k.
$330 of that was uniform

Negative Police
11-08-2019, 06:24 PM

No. But i havent asked if that should arise.

Girls are in "development" squads at various clubs at this stage.

londonboy
13-08-2019, 08:22 AM
Do NNSWF or NF hand out "licences" for these Summer Sixes? You'd like to think there must be so application process for them, otherwise everyone can run one.

So, it seems that clubs need to apply to NNSWF via an 'expression of interest' application to be able to host TAFE Summer 6 competitions. This is obviously a good thing as it should mean NNSWF can ensure that there is not an over-saturation of these. However, I also think it would be very difficult for NNSWF to say 'no' to clubs wanting to host one as these comps can be a real money spinner for clubs.

I still think there needs to be some kind of balance, though - too many comps spreads things too widely. Perhaps this is why NNNSWF are trying to do the SAP Summer 6 to encourage the SAP kids to play there and leave the other Summer 6s for "fun"? It would be interesting to know the take up for the SAP one.

The Dunster
13-08-2019, 09:22 AM
Imagine what could be done for junior development in NSW if the state government invested in programs and competitions for kids rather than pay developer mates millions of dollars to knock down a perfectly good stadium like the SFS.

Clubs are doing a fantastic job with very limited funds available to them - but without infrastructure [Grounds] it's really a case of pissing into the wind.

Duzmzn
13-08-2019, 06:39 PM
It’s probably a bit early to get exact registration figures from clubs as NNSWF hasn’t informed us what their registration fee per player will be in 2020. Along with kit providers, council possibly changing prices etc
Rough prices between the clubs could possibly be anywhere from $650-$2k with all the kit inclusions etc

What do you think the average might be then ,if the bottom is 650 and the top 2k?

Negative Police
13-08-2019, 06:44 PM
Silly season has started.

With trials comes the inevitable disappointment of being cut and having to find alternative arrangements or happy to get the break.

Good luck

Duzmzn
13-08-2019, 07:01 PM
I would like to ask the question to this respected group on what do we do with the fringe players who are on boarderline with the SAP Program and are to strong or need more challanges than grass roots?
Some of these players may develop rapidly once in the program and out shine some that are in it, based on that they really want it as some players develop later than others.
I understand and fully suport that SAP should be for the best of the best, but I think it might be blindsided by leaving the others out.
Its a tough one as some of the very good players may drop out due to the pressures or have had enough and just want to kick around with thier mates.
The question I ask is, should their be another path between the 2 levels not including NET as it is all decided by 1 man, and should a points system be brought back in as these players are playing at another level than grassroots?

Negative Police
13-08-2019, 07:14 PM
Depending on age. The NET program at Wallarah oval is the next step for 10s 11s 12s. If graded find clubs who have teams in high grades or some Macquarie clubs have development squads. Ring clubs who you live close to first and ask what they have to offer.

Duzmzn
13-08-2019, 07:20 PM
Depending on age. The NET program at Wallarah oval is the next step for 10s 11s 12s. If graded find clubs who have teams in high grades or some Macquarie clubs have development squads. Ring clubs who you live close to first and ask what they have to offer.

Thanks mate, it was for u9s. Cheers

Yaa Yaa
14-08-2019, 07:58 AM
I would like to ask the question to this respected group on what do we do with the fringe players who are on boarderline with the SAP Program and are to strong or need more challanges than grass roots?
Some of these players may develop rapidly once in the program and out shine some that are in it, based on that they really want it as some players develop later than others.
I understand and fully suport that SAP should be for the best of the best, but I think it might be blindsided by leaving the others out.
Its a tough one as some of the very good players may drop out due to the pressures or have had enough and just want to kick around with thier mates.
The question I ask is, should their be another path between the 2 levels not including NET as it is all decided by 1 man, and should a points system be brought back in as these players are playing at another level than grassroots?

There are more than enough teams in SAP for the kids to go and trial for, if the kid is half decent he should go to another club and will find a spot, there isn’t enough talent to start another comp outside the sap.
For example there are only maybe 2 strong clubs in both teams... others from what I’ve seen have 1 strong and one not very strong.... there are about 5 really decent competitive teams in the sap comp so there is plenty of spots for kids that just miss out at a certain club. And I agree kids will chop and change at this age on ability.

Retired01
14-08-2019, 08:46 AM
There are more than enough teams in SAP for the kids to go and trial for, if the kid is half decent he should go to another club and will find a spot, there isn’t enough talent to start another comp outside the sap.
For example there are only maybe 2 strong clubs in both teams... others from what I’ve seen have 1 strong and one not very strong.... there are about 5 really decent competitive teams in the sap comp so there is plenty of spots for kids that just miss out at a certain club. And I agree kids will chop and change at this age on ability.

Completely agree here. There is not enough talent in the SAP program as it stands now. Even with the competitions now split into 2 tiers there are still double figure wins occurring each weekend.
As a parent the difficult part to manage is do you have enough time for the extra travel to another club/suburb fitting in school, work, other childrens activities?

My son will go into U10s next season and the 2 strongest clubs Magic and Olympic will need to shed players when they go to one team hopefully building a more even competition.

Yaa Yaa
14-08-2019, 08:57 AM
Completely agree here. There is not enough talent in the SAP program as it stands now. Even with the competitions now split into 2 tiers there are still double figure wins occurring each weekend.
As a parent the difficult part to manage is do you have enough time for the extra travel to another club/suburb fitting in school, work, other childrens activities?

My son will go into U10s next season and the 2 strongest clubs Magic and Olympic will need to shed players when they go to one team hopefully building a more even competition.

Magic and Olympic are fielding 2 teams in the 11s apparently and Jaffa’s going back to 1. I can understand those 2 clubs keeping 2 as they are the ones with strong sides in both teams. But will all go to 1 side in under 13s.

londonboy
14-08-2019, 08:57 AM

As Yaa Yaa says, there are plenty of clubs out there, so anyone with some ability and desire will find a place in SAP if they want it. In terms of kids developing, based on the amount of training and games played there is nothing better around than SAP currently. Obviously you'd want to do your research and make sure the coaching at the club you choose is good, but you'd hope every SAP club will have someone capable. That's not always the case in community football as often a parent is thrown in as no-one else wants to do it. At least in SAP there will be a keen coach who (hopefully) has been trained at a decent level. Have a look at Aegon's list (first post in this group) - this will give you information on dates of trials etc.

In terms of the 'in between' level between community and SAP (excluding NET) I know some community clubs are putting together development squads at u8/u9 with things like NET in mind. I'd be surprised if some of the SAP clubs didn't do this as well. Clubs can grade their players and group the keenest/best players in one team with the future in mind and in the hope these teams stick together for a while. The flip side of this is that clubs might also be conscious about pooling all the best players in one team, leaving all their other teams to get smashed every week, and possibly meaning those kids don't come back again next year. It's all a bit of a balancing act really.

londonboy
14-08-2019, 09:04 AM

I must admit I have not seen SAP costs as high as $2K. This might be the cost of Emerging Jets squads? The highest I'm aware of for SAP is around $1200, but I'd guess most of the clubs would be around $1K when you include kit, bags etc.

Yaa Yaa
14-08-2019, 09:26 AM
As Yaa Yaa says, there are plenty of clubs out there, so anyone with some ability and desire will find a place in SAP if they want it. In terms of kids developing, based on the amount of training and games played there is nothing better around than SAP currently. Obviously you'd want to do your research and make sure the coaching at the club you choose is good, but you'd hope every SAP club will have someone capable. That's not always the case in community football as often a parent is thrown in as no-one else wants to do it. At least in SAP there will be a keen coach who (hopefully) has been trained at a decent level. Have a look at Aegon's list (first post in this group) - this will give you information on dates of trials etc.

In terms of the 'in between' level between community and SAP (excluding NET) I know some community clubs are putting together development squads at u8/u9 with things like NET in mind. I'd be surprised if some of the SAP clubs didn't do this as well. Clubs can grade their players and group the keenest/best players in one team with the future in mind and in the hope these teams stick together for a while. The flip side of this is that clubs might also be conscious about pooling all the best players in one team, leaving all their other teams to get smashed every week, and possibly meaning those kids don't come back again next year. It's all a bit of a balancing act really.

Funny you mention that.. I’ve noticed certain clubs have one strong side and one very weak side that gets touched up... they say it’s not about winning and developing then why wouldn’t you balance the sides out if that the case??

londonboy
14-08-2019, 09:48 AM
Funny you mention that.. I’ve noticed certain clubs have one strong side and one very weak side that gets touched up... they say it’s not about winning and developing then why wouldn’t you balance the sides out if that the case??

Yep, there's some very clear examples of this in u9 SAP this year. If I were a parent of a kid placed in a 'B' team, I'd be asking questions. Those parents are being asked to pay the same amount of money as kids in the 'A' team, but seemingly are treated very differently. Clubs doing this might find in a couple of years parents start avoiding their club, as the risk of your kid being put in the weaker side just isn't worth the hassle.

plague
14-08-2019, 10:03 AM
Yep, there's some very clear examples of this in u9 SAP this year. If I were a parent of a kid placed in a 'B' team, I'd be asking questions. Those parents are being asked to pay the same amount of money as kids in the 'A' team, but seemingly are treated very differently. Clubs doing this might find in a couple of years parents start avoiding their club, as the risk of your kid being put in the weaker side just isn't worth the hassle.

yeah this was an issue at our club. its a tough one as there have been many positives and negatives about it.
I can go on for days about it, but rest assured, its not as simple as thinking 2 x even teams would have generated any less issues.

The Dunster
14-08-2019, 10:06 AM

I can't see how it would matter if a kid goes into the B side. it just means that others have been deemed more suitable / better at the time of selection. There's no reason why a kid in the B team can't get back into the A team. Likewise, there's no reason why an under performing or a kid positionally not required in the A team won't get assigned to the B team - it can even be a good thing.

plague
14-08-2019, 10:10 AM

the basic answer is that its about giving their best kids the best chance to play with the best kids. it was done to prevent their very best kids from getting poached by 'bigger clubs'.
If theres 3 great kids in a team not doing so well would they be tempted to leave for greener pastures if a better club came calling? Or do you put the 7 best together and let them train and play together to make them all better?

Agreed it doesnt make the B team better from a game/results point of view but this program is designed to get the best kids ready for higher levels. The kids in the B team know where they need to get to, but attitudes from parents and kids, esp after not getting 'results' has seen the situation not work out the way it was intended.
in fact id say its put a bit of a divide between the teams and its a different environment to last year when teams were 'even'.

Doopche
14-08-2019, 10:22 AM
the basic answer is that its about giving their best kids the best chance to play with the best kids. it was done to prevent their very best kids from getting poached by 'bigger clubs'.
If theres 3 great kids in a team not doing so well would they be tempted to leave for greener pastures if a better club came calling? Or do you put the 7 best together and let them train and play together to make them all better?

Agreed it doesnt make the B team better from a game/results point of view but this program is designed to get the best kids ready for higher levels. The kids in the B team know where they need to get to, but attitudes from parents and kids, esp after not getting 'results' has seen the situation not work out the way it was intended.
in fact id say its put a bit of a divide between the teams and its a different environment to last year when teams were 'even'.

Ha ha well this Sounds like a an argument had on here previously about teams stacking teams.
So please tell me the part where Neil Orr told you to stack the A team with the better player whilst the poor old B team cops a flogging?

Only way the poor old B will develop is if they have some decent players in that side also, why didn’t Neil let the 10s boy play in the B team if it was about him playing his own age kids?? I know why because it was about getting a result.
So let’s not be hypocrites here hey. You can polish it up anyway you like it but most are out for the development of their own kid and the results matter, if they didn’t you would even the teams out so every child can develop.

You say the “bigger clubs” but what the difference if they leave now or in 2 years when your club has no NPL to offer them? Because you know that’s where they will end up.

plague
14-08-2019, 10:55 AM
Ha ha well this Sounds like a an argument had on here previously about teams stacking teams.

Hey look whos back. Anyway seeing as though you refrained from the insults of posts prior (which i appreciate), and you also raise some very valid points here im more than happy to discuss.

So please tell me the part where Neil Orr told you to stack the A team with the better player whilst the poor old B team cops a flogging?

nah, sorry we arent going back onto NNSW blokes here. The decision to 'stack' teams was made by the club technical director. It must be said that the coaches werent comfortable with it, as they had 2 even teams last year. but the directive was given and that was that. his reasoning has been noted, but to be fair the bloke hasnt shown his face around training or games the whole year so im not all that impressed he had such a say in the matter. i personally think it has done more harm that good to the club overall, but has done more good than harm to the 'better' kids.

Only way the poor old B will develop is if they have some decent players in that side also,

totally agree, and its exactly what worked so well last year. again, there was one bloke in the club that was a fan of this system and he had final say. his plan of getting the better 'B' kids a run in the 'A' team during the season has actually been met with a lot of resistance by the B team parents.they have openly expressed why their kids should help out the A team at the expense of their own team. word is a few of them have openly refused to play up. again, another unintended but predictable consequence of grading.

You can polish it up anyway you like it but most are out for the development of their own kid and the results matter, if they didn’t you would even the teams out so every child can develop.

oh for sure. every parent wants the best situation for their kid. and clubs want the best situation for their teams. its the reason why 'other' teams have been on the phone to our players for next year to come over. they are more than happy to turf kids they developed over 2 years in favour of a shiny new thing that has been playing well in a different kit. poaching players to join clubs is just another way of stacking teams. again though, if my kid was going to get a better footballing education at another team then if he wanted to go id encourage it. one of the main 'culprits' (not meant as a derogatory term) ringing our boys isnt actually one of the 'best' teams results wise, but they play really good football so you can see how a kid would love to be part of that.

You say the “bigger clubs” but what the difference if they leave now or in 2 years when your club has no NPL to offer them? Because you know that’s where they will end up.

again valid, and its been a massive part of the frustration of our club. they keep banging on about what they want to be, and have endless emails telling us they are about to announce something, but have done nothing. when you are behind like they are you need to be the first ones out there suring up your players/coaches/program for next year. but they are last. meanwhile other clubs have announced trial dates and as ive said are actively out there asking parents of kids to bring their kids over to trail/give them an opportunity.

it wouldnt surprise me if a good percentage of our 'A' kids are gone at the end of this year, and the club has to wear a huge burden of that responsibility.

londonboy
14-08-2019, 12:33 PM
I can't see how it would matter if a kid goes into the B side. it just means that others have been deemed more suitable / better at the time of selection. There's no reason why a kid in the B team can't get back into the A team. Likewise, there's no reason why an under performing or a kid positionally not required in the A team won't get assigned to the B team - it can even be a good thing.

I think the theory here is good, but I suspect the reality is that there would be very limited "promotion" or "demotion" in these situations. There might be some interchanging of players between teams, but I'd bet this is more on a needs must basis, rather than rewarding better performing kids in the B teams.

londonboy
14-08-2019, 12:45 PM
it wouldnt surprise me if a good percentage of our 'A' kids are gone at the end of this year, and the club has to wear a huge burden of that responsibility.

It sounds like the TD who decided on the A and B team concept has a fair bit to answer for. Is anything being done to try and reassure these kids that your club is the best pathway for them next year? It would be a crying shame if all the best players jumped ship to another club, not just for your team, but also for the competition. You need as many strong teams as possible - if all the best kids are loaded into just a few clubs, the whole thing suffers.

I hope they sort this out.

londonboy
14-08-2019, 12:56 PM
his plan of getting the better 'B' kids a run in the 'A' team during the season has actually been met with a lot of resistance by the B team parents.they have openly expressed why their kids should help out the A team at the expense of their own team. word is a few of them have openly refused to play up. again, another unintended but predictable consequence of grading.

I completely understand the resistance here. By setting up A and B teams, you've immediately told one group they are better than the other, and are essentially telling those B team players they should be grateful for an occasional run with the A team. If it was sold another way - i.e. here are the two teams we think are our A and B, but we will be constantly monitoring and will "reward" (for the want of a better word) the better performing players by shifting them up - then at least everyone knows where they stand and those kids in the B who want to get into the A team know they can get there. By the sounds of it, the B team kids are your club are only being asked to play with the A team when the A team is short on numbers. Where is the incentive for the B team players?

plague
14-08-2019, 12:57 PM
Is anything being done to try and reassure these kids that your club is the best pathway for them next year?

nope.

the main deciding factor in a lot of parents and kids choices will be coaches. both teams in our clubs have awesome coaches, not just for their football knowledge, but their ability to deal with the kids on a personal level. i cant speak highly enough of the coaches (and to be fair, i think the majority of coaches in the program are great).
If our coach left and there was no idea of a replacement my kid will be taking up offers to trial at other clubs, and id say a lot of others will too.

as of this moment the club has given no indication when trials are on, or who is coaching.

londonboy
14-08-2019, 01:07 PM
nope.

the main deciding factor in a lot of parents and kids choices will be coaches. both teams in our clubs have awesome coaches, not just for their football knowledge, but their ability to deal with the kids on a personal level. i cant speak highly enough of the coaches (and to be fair, i think the majority of coaches in the program are great).
If our coach left and there was no idea of a replacement my kid will be taking up offers to trial at other clubs, and id say a lot of others will too.

as of this moment the club has given no indication when trials are on, or who is coaching.

Do the kids know whether they will be kept on next year (if they want to), or does everyone need to come back and trial???

plague
14-08-2019, 01:18 PM
I completely understand the resistance here. By setting up A and B teams, you've immediately told one group they are better than the other, and are essentially telling those B team players they should be grateful for an occasional run with the A team. If it was sold another way - i.e. here are the two teams we think are our A and B, but we will be constantly monitoring and will "reward" (for the want of a better word) the better performing players by shifting them up - then at least everyone knows where they stand and those kids in the B who want to get into the A team know they can get there. By the sounds of it, the B team kids are your club are only being asked to play with the A team when the A team is short on numbers. Where is the incentive for the B team players?

just to be clear, they were never ever referred to as an 'A' and a 'B' team in front of the kids. and the coaches have told everyone concerned to never refer to the kids as such. i only use the terms because its easier to define whats going on. but yeah, the parents were aware of how the squads would be broken up.

pre-season it was stressed that during the year kids would be given a chance to 'play up', not just to fill in, but if form warranted it. it happened a couple of times at the start of the year but to be honest, as the year went on the kids in the 'A' team were proving themselves to be so much better it made if really difficult to 'drop' them based on form. again, the odd occasion where a fill in was asked, the other kids came in a and in most cases did a great job.

there are a couple of really really good kids in the other team and i hope this experience doesnt wear them down. especially now as if kids leave for greener pastures these kids should be the first ones picked for next year (but of course our club wont be that clever).

but what i can see happening is that the club will trial last, make everyone trial and select the shiny new kids that are club shopping. these club shopping kids will then take up the best offer, leaving these kids on the fringe waiting around for the 2nd lot of invites.
i dont like that process, but old mate the TD will no doubt be there on trial night letting everyone know whos boss.

plague
14-08-2019, 01:22 PM
Do the kids know whether they will be kept on next year (if they want to), or does everyone need to come back and trial???

they havent announced anything.

there was a hint of an internal trial then opening it up for any extra spots, but again, they announced that they may announce something and to stand by for the announcement of an announcement.
im assuming the very very best couple of kids will be assured of a spot already (im sure this happened last year for a variety of reasons). but the way this stuff is going apart from the coaches getting re-appointed and hearing it from them im loathe to believe anything.

traffic light
14-08-2019, 04:37 PM

Only way the poor old B will develop is if they have some decent players in that side also, why didn’t Neil let the 10s boy play in the B team if it was about him playing his own age kids?? I know why because it was about getting a result.
So let’s not be hypocrites here hey. You can polish it up anyway you like it but most are out for the development of their own kid and the results matter, if they didn’t you would even the teams out so every child can develop.

Still having a cry you pathetic dweeb. Disappear already, hopefully permanently.

Your team got beaten by a better team and good on them. Move on sook. Everyone else has

Duzmzn
14-08-2019, 05:50 PM
Im interested to know if anyone here has an opinion if a points table was introduced for SAP, would that have anegetive impact on the young players or a positive impact?
Development is the key issue but should it be brought back in?
Could there be benifits for it or is it just pissing in the wind?
I believe netball still have it and it seams to be encouraging when you see how the players are improving across a global network.
I remember when i was a kid and so much wanted to be in the grand final, and it never came to that , but it didnt destroy my life because of it.
Just of interest, nothing more.

Onehunglow
14-08-2019, 09:35 PM
Im interested to know if anyone here has an opinion if a points table was introduced for SAP, would that have anegetive impact on the young players or a positive impact?
I believe netball still have it and it seams to be encouraging when you see how the players are improving across a global network.
I remember when i was a kid and so much wanted to be in the grand final, and it never came to that , but it didnt destroy my life because of it.

At some stage a points table becomes handy. I've coached kids of all ages and I think where a table is handy is for the Jets and Northern coaches to be able to see which teams are dominant and then they can invite the stronger teams into training and games against, Jets teams in their own age group for example and other strong squads.
Generally, the stronger teams have a good coach who might have played at a decent level, usually a dad. NNSW coaching staff can then identify potential Jets or TSP players and coaches who can contribute.
IMO, NNSW should be targeting these coaches and paying for coaching courses. If they have kids in SAP they will generally by around for a number of years and can add value to the programs.

plague
14-08-2019, 10:01 PM

id say no, not for any other reason than the kids (and coaches and parents) know the scores, they know who the good teams and who they expect to have an easier time with. they celebrate wins and dont like losing.
the thing is if the coaches start to focus on winning, then the place goes to shit. ive seen our coach unhappy at the performance when they put 10 past a team, and ive seen him really excited to play well and only score a few goals even if its a win/draw or loss. whilst ever he is concentrating (and being judged) on the football and development of players then the scores and success will eventually come.

sadly, a minority of coaches are only concerned with scoring and winning, so much so that they'll blow up at their own players and refs because things arent going their way. its not needed at that level and puts the coaches in a bad light.

once the kids get to full field/squads etc then yeah lets get serious. for now. nah, id rather the focus be on the football.

Onyatoes
14-08-2019, 10:16 PM
Hey look whos back. Anyway seeing as though you refrained from the insults of posts prior (which i appreciate), and you also raise some very valid points here im more than happy to discuss.

nah, sorry we arent going back onto NNSW blokes here. The decision to 'stack' teams was made by the club technical director. It must be said that the coaches werent comfortable with it, as they had 2 even teams last year. but the directive was given and that was that. his reasoning has been noted, but to be fair the bloke hasnt shown his face around training or games the whole year so im not all that impressed he had such a say in the matter. i personally think it has done more harm that good to the club overall, but has done more good than harm to the 'better' kids.

totally agree, and its exactly what worked so well last year. again, there was one bloke in the club that was a fan of this system and he had final say. his plan of getting the better 'B' kids a run in the 'A' team during the season has actually been met with a lot of resistance by the B team parents.they have openly expressed why their kids should help out the A team at the expense of their own team. word is a few of them have openly refused to play up. again, another unintended but predictable consequence of grading.

oh for sure. every parent wants the best situation for their kid. and clubs want the best situation for their teams. its the reason why 'other' teams have been on the phone to our players for next year to come over. they are more than happy to turf kids they developed over 2 years in favour of a shiny new thing that has been playing well in a different kit. poaching players to join clubs is just another way of stacking teams. again though, if my kid was going to get a better footballing education at another team then if he wanted to go id encourage it. one of the main 'culprits' (not meant as a derogatory term) ringing our boys isnt actually one of the 'best' teams results wise, but they play really good football so you can see how a kid would love to be part of that.

again valid, and its been a massive part of the frustration of our club. they keep banging on about what they want to be, and have endless emails telling us they are about to announce something, but have done nothing. when you are behind like they are you need to be the first ones out there suring up your players/coaches/program for next year. but they are last. meanwhile other clubs have announced trial dates and as ive said are actively out there asking parents of kids to bring their kids over to trail/give them an opportunity.

Lots of complaints and opinions about your club Plague. Do you get involved or help? Do you air the concerns with the TD in person or simply take a few pot shots on forums?. A tip.....it might seem like the end of the world when kids are 10, but let kids be kids and enjoy themselves. A or B teams, "big" clubs or your lax club, it is all swings and roundabouts and when Johnny or Mary are 18 it is a distant memory and their football career is either dead or at a local park playing in a sub standard NPL. There is nothing worse than football expert parents who have never kicked a ball at a decent level and their opinions based on their Jets membership as qualifications....oh wait yes there is....those parents who see fit to tee off on volunteers at clubs doing their best with zero support from NNSWF and the FFA. Make a call, talk to your club and see what you can do to help.

plague
14-08-2019, 10:45 PM
Lots of complaints and opinions about your club Plague. Do you get involved or help? Do you air the concerns with the TD in person or simply take a few pot shots on forums?. A tip.....it might seem like the end of the world when kids are 10, but let kids be kids and enjoy themselves. A or B teams, "big" clubs or your lax club, it is all swings and roundabouts and when Johnny or Mary are 18 it is a distant memory and their football career is either dead or at a local park playing in a sub standard NPL. There is nothing worse than football expert parents who have never kicked a ball at a decent level and their opinions based on their Jets membership as qualifications....oh wait yes there is....those parents who see fit to tee off on volunteers at clubs doing their best with zero support from NNSWF and the FFA. Make a call, talk to your club and see what you can do to help.

whilst i appreciate your advice and tips on parenting and football and life in general, its clear you know nothing about the situation we are talking about. if you did you would know that im not talking as one parent, but as someone trying to navigate the whole process from NNSW down to parents. feel free to point out all the 'teeing off' on volunteers you are so indignant about.

questions are asked on this forum regarding this program. i try to answer them as honestly as possible from my perspective. if you have any specific questions then ask away, if i can answer them then i will as honestly as possible. if you are one of these people who feel that every written word is some sort of attack or criticism then all i can suggest that you re-read the posts and think a little harder.

as mentioned, my kid has actually been a beneficiary of the system as it currently stands. if i was half the asshole you make me out to be id be hootin and hollerin about it. instead, someone asked a question and i gave an answer. forgive me for trying to provide it.

as for the old chestnut about people 'never kicking a ball at a decent level'. firstly, good job telling on yourself, and you are 100% right. I will now take a back seat and leave the forum open to our members such as Messi, Ronaldo and Griff as they are the only opinions that matter to people like you.

oh wait.

Negative Police
15-08-2019, 08:29 PM

Nah. development would go out the window pretty quickly.

Have a summer comp or futsal comp to if theyre desperate for plasticware

Negative Police
15-08-2019, 09:11 PM

Immediately creates a feeling of a 2nd division.

Remember the A team are not playing the other "bests" each week so they arent being pushed hard as often. The weaker team if not competitive will also develop bad habits trying quick fixes.

But ultimately it depends on the strength or weaknesses of each team. If As are winning 80% and Bs 50% of games then its not a bad mix. If its 95% 20% its stupid

plague
15-08-2019, 09:16 PM
If As are winning 80% and Bs 50% of games then its not a bad mix. If its 95% 20% its stupid

without knowing the full data (because its not kept or cared about) but judging by conversations with coaches after matches id say the games where each team felt they played the better football would be closer to your 80% (A's) and 50% (B's) mix theory than the 95-20.

Aegon
16-08-2019, 08:28 AM
without knowing the full data (because its not kept or cared about) but judging by conversations with coaches after matches id say the games where each team felt they played the better football would be closer to your 80% (A's) and 50% (B's) mix theory than the 95-20.

There are definitely a few clubs in the 9's that fall into the 95% / 20% category though.

plague
16-08-2019, 08:51 AM
There are definitely a few clubs in the 9's that fall into the 95% / 20% category though.

Agree, and some of these clubs are ones that picked 'even teams.
Just shows that A and B or even reams, shit just gets random.

djjones
16-08-2019, 09:24 AM
done

Aegon
16-08-2019, 12:03 PM
I saw a post on facebook from Maitland saying they had about 70 kids turn up for Under 9's trials this week.
That's a huge step up from the reported 15 kids they had turn up to their first trial last year.

Jaffas reportedly had 50 or so kids at their trials last week as well.

Is SAP becoming more well know, being advertised better by the clubs or something else leading more kids to try out?

londonboy
16-08-2019, 01:20 PM
I saw a post on facebook from Maitland saying they had about 70 kids turn up for Under 9's trials this week.
That's a huge step up from the reported 15 kids they had turn up to their first trial last year.

Jaffas reportedly had 50 or so kids at their trials last week as well.

Is SAP becoming more well know, being advertised better by the clubs or something else leading more kids to try out?

My perception is that clubs are advertising it much, much better. I've noticed a real upturn in information from some clubs on it. I suspect a few clubs were caught on the hop last year and advertised their trials too late (or, actually followed the NNSWF requirements on when they could trial, where others didn't) and don't want to be in that position again. It makes sense that u9s trial as soon as the community season ends. You've got to catch the kids while they are still in football mode.

I think Maitland have been very on the ball. I know they (and other local Maitland community clubs) have been doing some development squad stuff with Graham Law (Cooks Hill coach) who lives in the area. I've no doubt everyone attending these and the clinics Graham runs have been kept in the loop on SAP, and I'm sure Maitland were already aware of the more talented kids in their area. This, plus 70 kids at the trials, means that Maitland could be strong in the 9s next year.

plague
16-08-2019, 01:29 PM
My perception is that clubs are advertising it much, much better. I've noticed a real upturn in information from some clubs on it. I suspect a few clubs were caught on the hop last year and advertised their trials too late (or, actually followed the NNSWF requirements on when they could trial, where others didn't) and don't want to be in that position again. It makes sense that u9s trial as soon as the community season ends. You've got to catch the kids while they are still in football mode.

I think Maitland have been very on the ball. I know they (and other local Maitland community clubs) have been doing some development squad stuff with Graham Law (Cooks Hill coach) who lives in the area. I've no doubt everyone attending these and the clinics Graham runs have been kept in the loop on SAP, and I'm sure Maitland were already aware of the more talented kids in their area. This, plus 70 kids at the trials, means that Maitland could be strong in the 9s next year.

That's awesome.
Well in everyone at the club.

Hunter403
17-08-2019, 08:32 AM
NNSW have the email contact of the family of every kid playing in NNSW in their database. They should be able to send a targeted email to every 2019 u8 kid advising them of every SAP trial date etc. Shouldn't be hard to do. There would still be a lot that know little or nothing about SAP. I've raised this with them and they nod and have not used the data they have. If they can't do something like this to assist the clubs and kids, then they are failing.

londonboy
17-08-2019, 05:31 PM
NNSW have the email contact of the family of every kid playing in NNSW in their database. They should be able to send a targeted email to every 2019 u8 kid advising them of every SAP trial date etc. Shouldn't be hard to do. There would still be a lot that know little or nothing about SAP. I've raised this with them and they nod and have not used the data they have. If they can't do something like this to assist the clubs and kids, then they are failing.

Agree, 100%. There is no reason they can’t do this. I wonder if clubs have approached them about it? I know they post trials on the website when asked, but you’d imagine targeted emails would gather far more interest in trials and further people’s knowledge about SAP.

plague
19-08-2019, 09:55 AM
its a real bummer that Jaffas have cut back to one squad for U/11's next year.
Just hope those kids that didnt make it get out and trial for other clubs, because all of them are good enough to make a squad somewhere.

Aegon
19-08-2019, 11:16 AM
Just hope those kids that didnt make it get out and trial for other clubs, because all of them are good enough to make a squad somewhere.

Yup, assuming they don’t get any new players that’s 5 boys from those teams that will get cut.

They have 2 strong squads. It’ll be a tough call deciding who won’t make it.

plague
19-08-2019, 11:24 AM
Yup, assuming they don’t get any new players that’s 5 boys from those teams that will get cut.

They have 2 strong squads. It’ll be a tough call deciding who won’t make it.

decision has already been made and kids have been told apparently. As heartless as it sounds its prob not a bad time to tell them so they can book in for trials at other clubs.

YewYew
19-08-2019, 09:41 PM
Agree, 100%. There is no reason they can’t do this. I wonder if clubs have approached them about it? I know they post trials on the website when asked, but you’d imagine targeted emails would gather far more interest in trials and further people’s knowledge about SAP.

Yep. I coach at community level & I only just heard about SAP. Now I find this chat room all about it!

We hear a bit about NET but not SAP. These pages are helpful!

dan
20-08-2019, 09:48 AM
Hi guys, sorry this isnÂ’t on the notice board but I feel like those who are interested in SAP are probably keeping tabs on this thread more.

Wallsend FC SAP U9 trials.

With the upcoming Edgeworth Eagles v Newcastle Jets FFA Cup fixture Wednesday the 21st we will be adding an extra under 9Â’s SAP trial night on Thursday 22nd.

Please get out to support Newcastle football at the FFA Cup if possible.

We will be having 3 nights for our U9Â’s SAP trials now.

Updated trial details, feel free to attend one or all of the trial nights.

‪- Tuesday 20th August 5:00pm – 6:30pm‬

‪- Wednesday 21st August 5:00pm – 6:30pm‬

‪- Thursday 22nd August 5.00pm - 6:30pm

Trials are held at ‘The GardensÂ’ sporting complex, ‪104 Sandgate road, Birmingham‬ Gardens. Please do not bring dogs or animals to the facility.

All trialistÂ’s are to be prepared to start the trials ‪at 5pm sharp. Please bring water bottle.

We look forward to seeing you all this week!

Regards,
Dan Byatt
youth@wallsendfc.com.au

Aegon
20-08-2019, 11:06 AM
Hi guys, sorry this isnÂ’t on the notice board but I feel like those who are interested in SAP are probably keeping tabs on this thread more.

Wallsend FC SAP U9 trials.

With the upcoming Edgeworth Eagles v Newcastle Jets FFA Cup fixture Wednesday the 21st we will be adding an extra under 9Â’s SAP trial night on Thursday 22nd.

Please get out to support Newcastle football at the FFA Cup if possible.

We will be having 3 nights for our U9Â’s SAP trials now.

Updated trial details, feel free to attend one or all of the trial nights.

‪- Tuesday 20th August 5:00pm – 6:30pm‬

‪- Wednesday 21st August 5:00pm – 6:30pm‬

‪- Thursday 22nd August 5.00pm - 6:30pm

Trials are held at ‘The GardensÂ’ sporting complex, ‪104 Sandgate road, Birmingham‬ Gardens. Please do not bring dogs or animals to the facility.

All trialistÂ’s are to be prepared to start the trials ‪at 5pm sharp. Please bring water bottle.

We look forward to seeing you all this week!

Regards,
Dan Byatt
youth@wallsendfc.com.au

Updated the first page for you Dan. Did you end up getting a rego link sorted that I could add to the front page info?

Yato
20-08-2019, 11:31 AM
Hey, I noticed that the 2020 Girls Emerging Jets and NNSW SAP trials have also been announced.....
http://northernnswfootball.com.au/high-performance/

dan
20-08-2019, 12:34 PM
Updated the first page for you Dan. Did you end up getting a rego link sorted that I could add to the front page info?

Thanks Aegon, much appreciated mate. See if this link works I guess. Not the end of the world if it doesn’t work, if anyone wants to email me then I can chase them details👍🏻

http://wallsendfc.com.au/sap-trials/

Negative Police
21-08-2019, 07:17 PM

Especially when they could have had 2 competitive teams. Where did the rumour of all 11's SAP go to one team come from?

plague
21-08-2019, 09:23 PM
Where did the rumour of all 11's SAP go to one team come from?

can safely say ive been told about 400 different things over the past few weeks all by people who 'know'.
turns out Jaffas might be the 'only' club with one squad next year.
again, hopefully those kids get a run somewhere else because they are more than good enough.

londonboy
22-08-2019, 07:05 AM
https://northernnswfootball.com.au/competitions/tafe-nsw-summer-football/tafe-nsw-summer-football-find-a-club/

The TAFE Summer Football venues have been announced, and it appears that - locally - only Adamstown, Mayfield, Maitland and Tilligerry are running competitions for the 8-11 years groups. Most of these comps are 6 v 6, with Adamstown being 7 v 7. Adamstown was mentioned by Yaa Yaa as the one a few SAP clubs entered last year.

The Adamstown comp is on a Thursday night.

londonboy
22-08-2019, 07:10 AM
Where did the rumour of all 11's SAP go to one team come from?

This was definitely a thing. Earlier in the season it was said with certainty that most clubs would go to one team at 11s, but it appears a lot of the clubs have had a late change of heart. I wondered whether NNSWF have pushed for two teams as this ultimately gives them them a bigger pool of players being well schooled, or whether it is a club-led decision?

Aegon
22-08-2019, 08:27 AM
This was definitely a thing. Earlier in the season it was said with certainty that most clubs would go to one team at 11s, but it appears a lot of the clubs have had a late change of heart. I wondered whether NNSWF have pushed for two teams as this ultimately gives them them a bigger pool of players being well schooled, or whether it is a club-led decision?

Jaffas have definitely come out and said it was a club decision to drop down to a single U/11's team.

plague
22-08-2019, 08:32 AM
I'd love to know who or how many in the club wanted it, because I've spoken to a few that def wanted 2 teams.

Aegon
22-08-2019, 09:47 AM
I'd love to know who or how many in the club wanted it, because I've spoken to a few that def wanted 2 teams.

I can't be sure about any discussions that occurred leading up to the decision. Only that the communication to the parents was that it was a decision ultimately made by the clubs Technical Director, not the SAP Technical Director.

Yaa Yaa
22-08-2019, 10:45 AM
I can't be sure about any discussions that occurred leading up to the decision. Only that the communication to the parents was that it was a decision ultimately made by the clubs Technical Director, not the SAP Technical Director.

So RH made the call? Once again trying to throw his weight around thinking he knows what’s best for the kids but actually just looking at what’s best for his wallet. I heard that the kids cut may have been some kids getting extra TSP coaching and RH is against that. I’ve heard him say a certain kid isn’t good enough for his program because he’s in that tsp program and it’s taught him bad habits... clearly the kid can play but ok RH

Aegon
22-08-2019, 10:55 AM
So RH made the call? Once again trying to throw his weight around thinking he knows what’s best for the kids but actually just looking at what’s best for his wallet.

Exactly the opposite of what I said - The decision was made by the Club TD, RH is only the SAP TD for Jaffas.

I heard that the kids cut may have been some kids getting extra TSP coaching and RH is against that. I’ve heard him say a certain kid isn’t good enough for his program because he’s in that tsp program and it’s taught him bad habits... clearly the kid can play but ok RH

Not sure where you get that information from - The club has been very supportive of the TSP from all indications so far.

Yaa Yaa
22-08-2019, 11:35 AM
Exactly the opposite of what I said - The decision was made by the Club TD, RH is only the SAP TD for Jaffas.

Not sure where you get that information from - The club has been very supportive of the TSP from all indications so far.

Well thanks for squashing that rumour 👍 90% of things you hear around here is just that.

plague
26-08-2019, 09:23 AM
can someone in the know please reassure me that a certain TD didnt schedule a practice match between 2 of the better teams in 10's on the mandated weekend off because they happened to both 'lose' last weekend?

this cant be real can it?

Jim
26-08-2019, 11:32 AM
can someone in the know please reassure me that a certain TD didnt schedule a practice match between 2 of the better teams in 10's on the mandated weekend off because they happened to both 'lose' last weekend?

RH organised a friendly between 2 clubs in 9s and 10s because he doesnt like seeing teams idle. Winning or losing doesnt rate a mention. Whoever mentioned that is a knob.

In fact any week off that wasnt in middle of holidays had a trial game added with the same clubs. Makes for an extra long season

plague
26-08-2019, 12:39 PM
RH organised a friendly between 2 clubs in 9s and 10s because he doesnt like seeing teams idle. Winning or losing doesnt rate a mention. Whoever mentioned that is a knob.

In fact any week off that wasnt in middle of holidays had a trial game added with the same clubs. Makes for an extra long season

good to know.
the mandated weeks off have been a topic of much discussion at our club. they have def been of the opinion that if the program states the kids need a break then the kids are having a break.
the kids on the other hand sound like they'd def prefer to play every week, and with school hols and the odd washout, there seemed to be way more weeks off this year vs last year.
Hopefully next year in 11's (if he gets in) they dont have as many mandated breaks because it really disrupted the 2nd half of the season.

Jim
26-08-2019, 04:18 PM
good to know.
the mandated weeks off have been a topic of much discussion at our club. they have def been of the opinion that if the program states the kids need a break then the kids are having a break.
the kids on the other hand sound like they'd def prefer to play every week, and with school hols and the odd washout, there seemed to be way more weeks off this year vs last year.
Hopefully next year in 11's (if he gets in) they dont have as many mandated breaks because it really disrupted the 2nd half of the season.

That 2 week "break" in the middle was a farce for some. Friendlies and training still going on.

Rather keep the games going and finish a week or 2 earlier.

late_to_the_game
26-08-2019, 10:03 PM

Interesting, asked exactly the same question about notifying eligible girls for WPL trials. Get same answer, yes, good idea, nothing.

Retired01
27-08-2019, 09:02 AM

Out of curiosity. What are you trying to achieve with this statement?

londonboy
27-08-2019, 09:10 AM

It appears Cessnock couldn't make SAP happen this year. They put adverts out for coaches, but have confirmed that they won't be running SAP for 2020. Also, Cooks Hill don't appear to be going ahead with SAP for u9s, so it looks like much the same again for next year.

It will be interesting to know whether the 'split draw' which happened in the second half of the season will happen again from the start? I'd guess not, as they'll want to see what each clubs u9s look like first.

plague
27-08-2019, 09:32 AM
Out of curiosity. What are you trying to achieve with this statement?

not a statement, but a genuine question. I was talking to one of the kids from the team and his parent. they sounded like they were playing the trial game and that the coaches werent happy with their performance the week prior. obviously it was not the case, and maybe it was just flippantly referred to, but the kid and his dad certainly didnt see it as a fun get together. so asked the question (again, not naming clubs), someone who obviously had knowledge of the situation answered it and i took the answer as fact, hence why there was no further comment.
nothing more to it. if i wanted to bag anyone or any clubs id mention names, but thats not the intent.

more to the point i was also trying to get a handle on everyones thoughts on the week off. we were told it was a mandated thing, but obviously some clubs dont see it that way. not saying theres a right and wrong way to do it, but just found it funny that again, the program seems to be getting plenty of external changes from clubs who seem intent on doing it their way. and again, my kid would rather be playing every week so i aint knocking it.

plague
27-08-2019, 09:34 AM
It will be interesting to know whether the 'split draw' which happened in the second half of the season will happen again from the start? I'd guess not, as they'll want to see what each clubs u9s look like first.

surely not huh. there will be plenty of player movement and esp with clubs going to one team it will shift a few teams around.
hope they give everyone the same chance from day 1. being told you are a '2nd tier' club from the start of the year isnt good for anyone.

Retired01
27-08-2019, 09:53 AM
not a statement, but a genuine question. I was talking to one of the kids from the team and his parent. they sounded like they were playing the trial game and that the coaches werent happy with their performance the week prior. obviously it was not the case, and maybe it was just flippantly referred to, but the kid and his dad certainly didnt see it as a fun get together. so asked the question (again, not naming clubs), someone who obviously had knowledge of the situation answered it and i took the answer as fact, hence why there was no further comment.
nothing more to it. if i wanted to bag anyone or any clubs id mention names, but thats not the intent.

more to the point i was also trying to get a handle on everyones thoughts on the week off. we were told it was a mandated thing, but obviously some clubs dont see it that way. not saying theres a right and wrong way to do it, but just found it funny that again, the program seems to be getting plenty of external changes from clubs who seem intent on doing it their way. and again, my kid would rather be playing every week so i aint knocking it.

Fair enough and I appreciate the honesty.
Heres an FYI if its proven true. RH has with withdrawn services from both clubs next season

londonboy
27-08-2019, 11:59 AM
Heres an FYI if its proven true. RH has with withdrawn services from both clubs next season

Interesting, if true. I wonder if this is because of a bigger NET Program for next season? I know Stockton and Mayfield joined the NET u10 this season, and the likes of Magic are are putting in u10-u12 teams for next season.

I think a bigger NET program is a great idea. The more quality coaching and competitive matches, the better. It also means the likes of Merewether, South Wallsend, Kotara South might keep their better kids for longer, and also gives the likes of Magic, New Lambton more kids to look at in-house if they need more players for SAP.

Aegon
27-08-2019, 01:03 PM
Interesting, if true. I wonder if this is because of a bigger NET Program for next season? I know Stockton and Mayfield joined the NET u10 this season, and the likes of Magic are are putting in u10-u12 teams for next season.

I think a bigger NET program is a great idea. The more quality coaching and competitive matches, the better. It also means the likes of Merewether, South Wallsend, Kotara South might keep their better kids for longer, and also gives the likes of Magic, New Lambton more kids to look at in-house if they need more players for SAP.

Email was received this morning from RH:

So everyone is aware, despite original intentions, I have decided not to work in the SAP with Lambton or Olympic clubs next year as I need to focus on other Newcastle Football programs including NET, but will still remain in touch with many players through the Summer Program and the 2020 Wednesday night special group training. Also, I will see many of them at Blackley Oval on 2020 training nights.

The mention at the end implies that Jaffas won't be training at Wallarah and will instead be at Blackley Oval. Does this mean Jaffas and Olympic won't be using Newcastle Football facilites anymore?

I double checked my mail. I received notification of the trial match on Sunday 4th August, so defintely not in response to results.

I think the mandated weeks off are pointless. They are scheduled around the Metropolitan SAP schedule when they have Gala weekends, etc. As it stands with washed out or heat cancellations the boys have extra weekends off regardless due to the fixtures not being required to be made up.
If they just scheduled the weeks off for the weekend in the middle of the school holidays it would be fine. The additional weekends are a waste. The 2 week break in the middle of the competition coincided with a lot of wet weather. I know the coaches commented that for about 4-6 weeks the boys hardly trained or played. At the end of that little period the boys had regressed due to lack of time on the ball.

Jim
27-08-2019, 06:11 PM
Can you keep sharing internal email Aegon. :rof: I couldnt do it but makes for good reading for everyone else. :rof:

Also agree with the mandated weeks off. Last week was for the 11/12s SAP Gala day. Pity if stiffed all the 9s and 10s who werent competing.

londonboy
28-08-2019, 08:33 AM
Random question: what does a club need to do to obtain a SAP Licence? I note that all clubs who run SAP are either NPL or NewFM Northern League One clubs, but are there prerequisites that each club needs to meet before NNSWF will grant a licence? And do these requirements mean that it is impossible for a junior community club with aspirations to get a SAP licence? I'm wondering if a club like a Merewether or Stockton (who both have NET teams) would be able to work towards being licensed for SAP, or whether this is a non-starter because their senior club does not play at a high enough level.

Aegon
28-08-2019, 11:17 AM
Can you keep sharing internal email Aegon. :rof: I couldnt do it but makes for good reading for everyone else. :rof:

Also agree with the mandated weeks off. Last week was for the 11/12s SAP Gala day. Pity if stiffed all the 9s and 10s who werent competing.

Not like anything has been asked not to be shared or is classified or in confidence.....

If there was anything sensitive I wouldn't share it at all but this will all be common knowledge eventually and wherever RH is involved there always seems to be very heavy opinions and pre-determined agendas. hopefully it gets rid of some of the rumours by clarifying it with facts.

londonboy
28-08-2019, 07:55 PM
Can you keep sharing internal email Aegon. :rof: I couldnt do it but makes for good reading for everyone else. :rof:.

The whole point of this forum is for interested people to discuss and learn about aspects of the SAP program the you wouldn’t ordinarily hear about. Information in the Newcastle football world is usually kept amongst a select few and is rarely shared with the masses, so I for one appreciate the insights given on here. The more transparent things are the better for everyone involved.

Negative Police
28-08-2019, 08:14 PM
The whole point of this forum is for interested people to discuss and learn about aspects of the SAP program the you wouldn’t ordinarily hear about. Information in the Newcastle football world is usually kept amongst a select few and is rarely shared with the masses, so I for one appreciate the insights given on here. The more transparent things are the better for everyone involved.
It does help

plague
28-08-2019, 08:46 PM
The mention at the end implies that Jaffas won't be training at Wallarah and will instead be at Blackley Oval. Does this mean Jaffas and Olympic won't be using Newcastle Football facilites anymore?

what about the summer program that had NET and SAP kids in it. will that be going ahead?
not making any accusations at all but just hopeful the kids arent stuck in the middle of any of this breakup.

Aegon
28-08-2019, 08:58 PM
what about the summer program that had NET and SAP kids in it. will that be going ahead?
not making any accusations at all but just hopeful the kids arent stuck in the middle of any of this breakup.

Yup that is all going ahead as per normal.

londonboy
02-09-2019, 08:55 AM
How did everyone's SAP weekend go? I saw that a few of the Saturday games were cancelled so that Newcastle Football finals games could go ahead at Speers Point. Anyone know if those teams will get to re-play their matches on another date? There was a weekend wash-out a few weeks ago and no catch-up games. Is this not a thing in SAP then?

plague
02-09-2019, 09:31 AM
Anyone know if those teams will get to re-play their matches on another date? There was a weekend wash-out a few weeks ago and no catch-up games. Is this not a thing in SAP then?

nah, no catchups in SAP. Again, the program isnt supposed to be all about the games so if they miss out, they miss out. No competition points or ladder so it doesnt matter.

Whether this is 'right' or 'wrong' isnt the point. Its just the way it is.

Which is funny because i witnessed some seriously pathetic behaviour from two coaches on the weekend. I have a feeling one of them is a member here on the foz* so im waiting for him to get on here and tell us all how he was innocent and the other bloke was wrong.

ill save everyone the hassle, both coaches acted like complete clowns and we can only hope they get spoken to and settle the **** down, or better still, hand over the reigns to someone who wants to make the program about the kids, not the coaches.
im not mentioning names of the 2 clubs because all the other games between the clubs were conducted in the typically excellent manner you would expect. it was only the behaviour of these two that buggered it up. Neither were fit to represent their clubs.

*it amazing to hear someone yelling words in real life that are the exact same ones that they type in the internet. it was uncanny.

Yaa Yaa
02-09-2019, 10:07 AM
nah, no catchups in SAP. Again, the program isnt supposed to be all about the games so if they miss out, they miss out. No competition points or ladder so it doesnt matter.

Whether this is 'right' or 'wrong' isnt the point. Its just the way it is.

Which is funny because i witnessed some seriously pathetic behaviour from two coaches on the weekend. I have a feeling one of them is a member here on the foz* so im waiting for him to get on here and tell us all how he was innocent and the other bloke was wrong.

ill save everyone the hassle, both coaches acted like complete clowns and we can only hope they get spoken to and settle the **** down, or better still, hand over the reigns to someone who wants to make the program about the kids, not the coaches.
im not mentioning names of the 2 clubs because all the other games between the clubs were conducted in the typically excellent manner you would expect. it was only the behaviour of these two that buggered it up. Neither were fit to represent their clubs.

*it amazing to hear someone yelling words in real life that are the exact same ones that they type in the internet. it was uncanny.

I actually witnessed some pretty poor behaviour from parents screaming at coaches from the grandstand, not sure about you guys but why can’t parents just shut up on the sidelines? At the end of the day there is going to be some competition on the field and may get a bit heated and that’s sport I’m afraid but when parents escalate the problem it doesn’t help.

YewYew
02-09-2019, 10:10 AM
i witnessed some seriously pathetic behaviour from two coaches on the weekend.

coaches from the same club, or coaches on opposite teams biffing? do clubs or the comp officials ever step in when this happens?

plague
02-09-2019, 10:18 AM
coaches from the same club, or coaches on opposite teams biffing? do clubs or the comp officials ever step in when this happens?

no, the head coaches for the opposing teams.
thankfully, the ref, some parents and other club officials had enough of both of them and shut it down.

Jim
02-09-2019, 12:10 PM
no, the head coaches for the opposing teams.
thankfully, the ref, some parents and other club officials had enough of both of them and shut it down.

hmm 9s or 10s?

Our club was washed out but still very disappointing to hear. Imagine if there was points on offer.

I saw most of the Npl1 grand finals and npl semis and didnt see a whole lot of silliness from the sidelines.

plague
02-09-2019, 12:25 PM
I saw most of the Npl1 grand finals and npl semis and didnt see a whole lot of silliness from the sidelines.

this is a good point, as ive seen a lot of NPL youth this season. The thing that stood out were the amount of coaches who prefered to keep quiet on the sidelines vs the old school shouting and yelling variety of yesteryear. the way kids are treated these days is a stark difference to how coaches seem to think they have to act.
its very refreshing and i saw plenty of really talented kids and teams that did just fine without being berated all year in front of their families.

this is why im confident that these two blokes on the weekend wont progress very far up the ranks as coaches until they learn to pull their heads in. kids, parents and clubs dont want idiots in charge its just not the way things are done anymore. natural order will mean parents will move their kids away from coaches like that, and clubs wont want people like that representing them.
hopefully it was a good lesson for everyone concerned and we move on to next week.

Yaa Yaa
02-09-2019, 12:44 PM
this is a good point, as ive seen a lot of NPL youth this season. The thing that stood out were the amount of coaches who prefered to keep quiet on the sidelines vs the old school shouting and yelling variety of yesteryear. the way kids are treated these days is a stark difference to how coaches seem to think they have to act.
its very refreshing and i saw plenty of really talented kids and teams that did just fine without being berated all year in front of their families.

this is why im confident that these two blokes on the weekend wont progress very far up the ranks as coaches until they learn to pull their heads in. kids, parents and clubs dont want idiots in charge its just not the way things are done anymore. natural order will mean parents will move their kids away from coaches like that, and clubs wont want people like that representing them.
hopefully it was a good lesson for everyone concerned and we move on to next week.

Oh dear I’m going to have to step in here as you seem to think you know a lot about what goes on and clearly you haven’t a clue.
I’m new to this thread and I’ve read through it and I’ve seen this PLAGUE fellow give big wraps on certain clubs and then hammer them lol, make up your mind.
As a parent watching on from
The sideline you don’t know what happens on the field and you just assume or get some Chinese whispers as to what has happened and you go and run on a forum and spread your garbage.

I was at the game yesterday and seen what took place as I could clearly hear it because coached were next to stand. Now I’m not taking sides and I know they both had a go at one another and it was all over one coach calling another kid a thug or butcher(along those lines) and rival coach not taking too kindly to what was said, end of the day it was all Hand bags and dealt with, so no need to come on here and gossip.
But since you are mentioning all the negatives from yesterday and I’ve read a few comments on here about kids being dropped to win games.
Now I watched 4 SAP games yesterday and I seen one poor kid play 4 games, yes 4 bloody games for the same team that has done this previously, the kid could barely move by the 4th game and they are the ones that really need to take a good look at themselves.

plague
02-09-2019, 01:09 PM
oh boy, here we go.

Oh dear I’m going to have to step in here as you seem to think you know a lot about what goes on and clearly you haven’t a clue.
I’m new to this thread and I’ve read through it and I’ve seen this PLAGUE fellow give big wraps on certain clubs and then hammer them lol, make up your mind.
As a parent watching on from
The sideline you don’t know what happens on the field and you just assume or get some Chinese whispers as to what has happened and you go and run on a forum and spread your garbage.

unless of course, yanno, i was standing right there and saw it all unfold. although im not sure if you're allowed to use 'chinese whispers' anymore the PC police will be after ya.
also, forgive me but where have i bagged clubs? its def not my intention, hence why i dont use names. but if thats the case feel free to post some examples up here so i know what youre talking about.

I was at the game yesterday and seen what took place as I could clearly hear it because coached were next to stand. Now I’m not taking sides and I know they both had a go at one another and it was all over one coach calling another kid a thug or butcher(along those lines) and rival coach not taking too kindly to what was said, end of the day it was all Hand bags and dealt with, so no need to come on here and gossip.

yeah the word was butcher. and i totally agree that a coach should be saying nothing more than 'well played' to another kid. also you may not have heard the other coach have a go at the away coach straight after full time. if you heard everything then you are more than welcome to tell the forum what he said because it wasnt 'well done coach'.
ok, you think this is handbags. fine thats your reading of it. i look at if differently. we are allowed to see things differently. but do everyone a favour and explain it all, not just the bits you liked. if you saw it all you saw the home coach being yelled at by the ref and several of his own club officials to leave it alone. if youre ok with that then fine. but dont pretend it didnt happen. im all for the bloke defending his kids, but i didnt agree with the method. again, you think nothing of it, then fine. but others didnt see it the way you did.

But since you are mentioning all the negatives from yesterday and I’ve read a few comments on here about kids being dropped to win games.
Now I watched 4 SAP games yesterday and I seen one poor kid play 4 games, yes 4 bloody games for the same team that has done this previously, the kid could barely move by the 4th game and they are the ones that really need to take a good look at themselves.

am more than happy to share my opinions on this too, and i dont agree with it either. there was an example of this in previous rounds that i saw and explained the circumstances (becasue i knew why, not gossip), some people accepted it, others didnt. if its happened since then let me know. and if its for the sake of winning games then again, i dont agree with it. not sure what else you want me to say here mate. we are allowed to agree on certain things, and disagree on others.

Yaa Yaa
02-09-2019, 01:50 PM
Just seems like you love to make a mountain out of a molehill.
Like I said it was handbags and it’s never going to stop in sport, the coaches were just told to drop it and weren’t yelled at like you implied.
All I’ll say is coaches shouldn’t be calling kids butches at 9yrs of age, the 2 kids collided in an air ball and one got up and the other stayed down, 1st thing the other kid did was check if he was ok and that’s great sportsmanship as at 9 they tend to be clumsy, the way that coach went on was like it was deliberate.
Think it had more to do with one team was losing and he was a bit hot under the collar and I seen him walk over to other coach to carry it on as the other tried to leave it alone.
Well we agree on the dropping of the kids then which is a good start. You know this club obviously and the coaches going by your previous comments, do you encourage that? Would you be happy if that was your son? They didn’t use the better kid for the weaker side but the stronger side which ended up losing anyway and made them look even worse if you ask me. All I remember was seeing that kid play 4 games that day and he looked buggered the poor kid.
Anyway it was a lovely sunny day and some good football was on show, nothing wrong with a bit of passion shown, not like they were throwing punches at one another, you calling for them
To be sacked but is a bit over the top 🤷*♂️ Over a little dispute.

plague
02-09-2019, 02:25 PM
Just seems like you love to make a mountain out of a molehill.
Like I said it was handbags and it’s never going to stop in sport, the coaches were just told to drop it and weren’t yelled at like you implied.
All I’ll say is coaches shouldn’t be calling kids butches at 9yrs of age, the 2 kids collided in an air ball and one got up and the other stayed down, 1st thing the other kid did was check if he was ok and that’s great sportsmanship as at 9 they tend to be clumsy, the way that coach went on was like it was deliberate.
Think it had more to do with one team was losing and he was a bit hot under the collar and I seen him walk over to other coach to carry it on as the other tried to leave it alone.
Well we agree on the dropping of the kids then which is a good start. You know this club obviously and the coaches going by your previous comments, do you encourage that? Would you be happy if that was your son? They didn’t use the better kid for the weaker side but the stronger side which ended up losing anyway and made them look even worse if you ask me. All I remember was seeing that kid play 4 games that day and he looked buggered the poor kid.
Anyway it was a lovely sunny day and some good football was on show, nothing wrong with a bit of passion shown, not like they were throwing punches at one another, you calling for them
To be sacked but is a bit over the top 🤷*♂️ Over a little dispute.

Yeah I'll cop that I maybe look at these things more critically than most. I don't want them sacked, but I'd love to see them approach things differently if the issue presented itself again because it doesn't look like a great long term strategy.

Agree the young kid did nothing wrong, and tackles happen. I saw the kid go over and I heard the coach tell his players to check the kid was ok. The ref did a good job and that should have been that.

Again, I don't agree with kids playing 4 games. Yesterday was a great example of putting the welfare of the kid first rather than a game of soccer. It was very warm and the fields were really humid. These are 9 and 10 year old kids we've gotta do a better job of looking after them (Hence the discussion on mandated weeks off a few pages back).

Agree the football was great, and it's my biggest problem when the kids show more control than the adults. I'm not ashamed to want to see the kids play and everyone else shut up. It's an idealist position for sure but at this age, the sheep stations can wait.

See 2 posts worth of discussion and now we are best friends. See you at the end of year preso. 1st beer is on MFKS.

Cheers,
Plague.

ForeverRed
02-09-2019, 03:27 PM
All this over 9 year olds, why is this a thread to start with

plague
02-09-2019, 03:31 PM
All this over 9 year olds, why is this a thread to start with

What is the appropriate age to start caring?

Aegon
02-09-2019, 04:35 PM
What is the appropriate age to start caring?

Development means nothing to supporters of the senior teams only. It’s why clubs are happy to pay over $100,000 in wages/bonuses to players for immediate results. Why develop players when you can lure in new players immediately with $$ that should be used developing infrastructure, etc.

Maybe if more people cared about development as well as immediate results the state of football in NNSW wouldn’t be so dire.

italian stallion
02-09-2019, 05:47 PM
why are you people gutless to name clubs?just wondering

plague
02-09-2019, 07:26 PM

Only speaking for myself here.
The issue I spoke about today involved 2 individuals.
Their behaviour was not representative of the club's.
No need to bring the whole club into it imo.

YewYew
02-09-2019, 07:29 PM

It’s new lambton and broadmeadow. Read the other comments it all there Rocky

traffic light
02-09-2019, 08:23 PM
It’s new lambton and broadmeadow. Read the other comments it all there Rocky

Of course, win at all costs, at all ages fraudmeadow. U6s they were arrogant twats. Nothing changes.

They had U9s SAP coaches sent off for coaching both sides of the field. Embarrassment to football over many years.

Aegon
02-09-2019, 09:07 PM
Of course, win at all costs, at all ages fraudmeadow. U6s they were arrogant twats. Nothing changes.

They had U9s SAP coaches sent off for coaching both sides of the field. Embarrassment to football over many years.

This exact response is why people may be loath to name clubs. The behaviour of individuals doesn’t mean it’s a club decision or policy to win at all costs.

My son has played magic teams 4 times this season. On 2 seperate occasions post game I saw a coach or manager from their team pull a player from our team aside and tell them how well they played. Both times the players fully deserved it and it means a lot when an opposition coach does that.

YewYew
03-09-2019, 05:53 AM

“Fraudmeadow”. Are you 11yrs old?

I’m not involved with Broadmeadow or new lambton but can say with full truth that they ain’t the only arrogant ones. The richest clubs in the richest areas always have a sense of people owing them. Look at Merewether. No history at the club but the coaches and parents think everyone owes them a favour.

I only just recently started following sap as my kid will play next year and already I seen some concerning things. Like a 10s coach at Azzuri screaming at his kids, the ref. And I mean screaming. Who’s watching this guy? Who’s stopping that bs?

YewYew
03-09-2019, 05:58 AM
This exact response is why people may be loath to name clubs.

I only named the clubs as it was obvious and both were actually named last time people were arguing on here. Rocky Balboa was calling people gutless. No ones gutless on here I think - just people talking and ain’t mentioning names. But people know who is being talked about don’t worry.

Bremsstrahlung
03-09-2019, 07:18 AM
I think anonymity of clubs makes debate surrounding any issues actually focussed on the issue at hand and what people deem acceptable or not.
Naming clubs brings in the cheap, slandering comments. Which does nothing to address issues. If you’re not happy to say what you’re saying in Facebook where people know your name, I don’t think you should be saying it here.

Focus should be on what’s working, what’s not, what’s improving players and what’s next for development with real examples.
Turning it into a dick waving contest about clubs achieves nothing.

Yaa Yaa
03-09-2019, 08:00 AM

Hahaha someone is a bit salty 😂
“Sent off for coaching from both sides of the field”
Hahahahahah this is great, didn’t know you can get sent off for that, and who sent them off?
The dad ref in the middle?

londonboy
03-09-2019, 08:34 AM
Focus should be on what’s working, what’s not, what’s improving players and what’s next for development with real examples.

Agree with this. I've got a lot of good information from this (and other similar) forums which I just wouldn't have got anywhere else. I actually think it would be good for people at NNSWF to have a look in these forums from time-to-time and see what people on the ground are saying. Obviously they'll need to be thick skinned as they come in for some criticism on occasion, but you can learn a lot about what is working and what is not. Clubs might do well to think about some of the general things said in here too and not take anything personally.

londonboy
03-09-2019, 08:39 AM
Hahaha someone is a bit salty ��
“Sent off for coaching from both sides of the field”
Hahahahahah this is great, didn’t know you can get sent off for that, and who sent them off?
The dad ref in the middle?

Yep. Seems pretty far-fetched.

Yaa Yaa
03-09-2019, 08:50 AM
Yep. Seems pretty far-fetched.

Just a little lol
I swear some people in here will just make anything up to slander another club, why always pick on magic? Because they are the benchmark and keep winning?
“Winning at all cost”
how do they do that? By coaching kids to perform better? I guess everyone hates the successful clubs.

plague
03-09-2019, 09:03 AM
I think anonymity of clubs makes debate surrounding any issues actually focussed on the issue at hand and what people deem acceptable or not.
Naming clubs brings in the cheap, slandering comments. Which does nothing to address issues. If you’re not happy to say what you’re saying in Facebook where people know your name, I don’t think you should be saying it here.

this 100%.
well said.

and as the person that (regrettably) started this conversation, i believe it to be in my power and my duty to put it to bed.
all the clubs in the program are good. the actions of a few individuals dont rep the club.
lets move on.

theres internal trials going on, and open trials starting soon. feedback ive had from a few different parents is that clubs dont seem keen to be shedding too many players and are happy to keep developing the ones they have rather than chase other kids. i think this is a good attitude to have and def makes the clubs in it for the long haul.
again, this program is about getting the kids ready for 13's and up. what happens now from a competitive perspective doesnt really matter. as long as the skills are developing by the time they get to the age that it matters, they'll be ready.

plague
03-09-2019, 09:05 AM
Clubs might do well to think about some of the general things said in here too and not take anything personally.

some clubs def send around surveys for SAP parents that are pretty detailed. some of the questions are pretty specific regarding coaching and how the club is run.

not sure what they do with the info but they def ask for it. hopefully they get constructive feedback and act on it.

Aegon
03-09-2019, 10:55 AM
theres internal trials going on, and open trials starting soon. feedback ive had from a few different parents is that clubs dont seem keen to be shedding too many players and are happy to keep developing the ones they have rather than chase other kids. i think this is a good attitude to have and def makes the clubs in it for the long haul.

Except Jaffas - 1/3 or more players in both age groups have been culled. At least they did it very early and gave parents enough time to find other clubs for their kids. Although from what I have heard the Cooks hill 10's NET team next year will have a lot of the boys from Jaffas 9's this year.