PDA

View Full Version : starting team for round 1

david silva
04-09-2012, 06:06 PM
could be a little early for predictions as there is still a little while to go, but what does everyone think will be the starting lineup come round 1 vs adelaide??

(4-2-3-1)

Birighti

Neville Tiago Mitchell Goodwin

Pepper Wheelhouse

Rebeiro Zadkovich Griffiths

Virgilli

- With Brown apparently out for 6 weeks i think GVE will give Rebeiro a start
- Imo this is our strongest XI but in terms of formation and shape i am a little unsure..

Anyone else got a prediction?

Grunta
04-09-2012, 06:12 PM
My bet is Kennedy will start.

Happy with the rest of the line up.

lil_masi
04-09-2012, 06:28 PM
----------bira-----------
Neville---reagan---mitchell---goodwin
------------jobe----pepps--------
-----taggart------zad-------riberio
---------------griff---------

samus
04-09-2012, 06:28 PM
After watching the Tamworth game i am convinced Ribiero will be another one of our import flops. couldn't imagine him starting at all. FML Jesic will have a better chance...

Jeterpool
04-09-2012, 09:10 PM
----------------------Kennedy----------------

Neville-----Reagan-------Mitchell------Goodwin

-----------Kantarovski-------Wheelhouse-----

---Zadkovic----------Pepper---------Taggart

--------------------Griffiths-----------------

Bench - Birighitti, Ritter, Ribeiro, Virgilli, Bridges

I don't necessarily agree with it, but it is what I think it will be.

lil_masi
05-09-2012, 09:40 AM
With some of our forwards out eg Brown, and no international striker signed as yet (news of Italian striker coming), what do you guys think of playing Goodwin at left wing and Ritter at left back?

Goodwin's attacking skills have been obvious in pre-season, and Ritter looks strong defensively and can get forward as GVE wants

Jeterpool
05-09-2012, 09:47 AM
With some of our forwards out eg Brown, and no international striker signed as yet (news of Italian striker coming), what do you guys think of playing Goodwin at left wing and Ritter at left back?

Goodwin's attacking skills have been obvious in pre-season, and Ritter looks strong defensively and can get forward as GVE wants

I like that idea

pv4
05-09-2012, 09:51 AM
http://i50.tinypic.com/2ia8s20.jpg

pv4
05-09-2012, 09:54 AM
in regards to everyone's formations, didn't gve say at some time he wanted to ditch the two holders for one in the midfield?

hawk
05-09-2012, 10:26 AM
in regards to everyone's formations, didn't gve say at some time he wanted to ditch the two holders for one in the midfield?

bout time. tired of protecting 1-0 losses. btw, the above team sheets, are they for NBN or aleague?:blink:

snake
05-09-2012, 10:35 AM
bk + 10

Jetmaster
05-09-2012, 10:56 AM
We will forfeit - Tinks will go belly up and hand back the license once more.....

MFKS
05-09-2012, 11:01 AM

Had a thought about this a couple of weeks and come to the conclusion NO
There are obviously many positiives for us at the Jets if he plays forward but I feel that there is a massive positive for Craig himself staying at Left Back.

Goodwin in my opinion could be in the Socceroos team within 12 months playing as he is at present if he stays at Left Back.

Have a look at the Socceroos options at left back - Carney playing for an Uzbek reserve team Zullo who is a defensive liability and Davidson unproven are all pretty slim pickings from Overseas Aussies.

Look around in the HAL and you have Traore Cassio Fabio who are all foreigners the only other one who is eligible who stands out when you remove the shite like Shannon Cole and Scott Jamieson is Aziz Behich.

Seriously with a good first half of the season from Goodwin I can see Holger giving him a call up. Let's also assume the Socceroos qualify for Brazil as expected and Goodwin could be playing at the WC in under 2 years time. Playing as a left back this is highly probable. Playing as a left sided attacker and he is a long shot as Holgers tactics don't really see us with wingers as such

Grimario
05-09-2012, 11:24 AM
Look around in the HAL and you have Traore Cassio Fabio who are all foreigners the only other one who is eligible who stands out when you remove the shite like Shannon Cole and Scott Jamieson is Aziz Behich.

How long till Traore is eligible?

pv4
05-09-2012, 11:30 AM
cassio is now australian afaik

ForeverRed
05-09-2012, 01:55 PM
we can only start with 10 as we do not have a striker capable in our squad to play A league, honest

Tommyjet
05-09-2012, 04:31 PM
we can only start with 10 as we do not have a striker capable in our squad to play A league, honest

Think taggart might be good enough at some point this year but definitely need a proven striker to at least start the year off. We all know injury will eventually curtail the season for our yet to signed apparently Italian striker.

northern_swan
05-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Is it confirmed HAL is going to a 5 man bench this yr? Hadn't seen anything to say so apart from the above team mock up

Jetmaster
05-09-2012, 06:07 PM
I think what we have will be it now....