PDA

View Full Version : 2020 Zone League 1 thread

boz-monaut
07-01-2020, 08:19 PM
discussion starts here

onlooker
07-01-2020, 11:41 PM
Raymond Terrace ZPL Pre season will commence on thursday 16th of January and will continue every tuesday and thursday.
Time: Arrive 6pm for a 6:15pm start

Former players and new players welcome

For any further information contact
Head Coach Nima Nikfarjam 0449 195 053 or
3rd grade Coach Cal Black 0421 646 037

pastor399
08-01-2020, 11:01 AM
Raymond Terrace ZPL Pre season will commence on thursday 16th of January and will continue every tuesday and thursday.
Time: Arrive 6pm for a 6:15pm start

Former players and new players welcome

For any further information contact
Head Coach Nima Nikfarjam 0449 195 053 or
3rd grade Coach Cal Black 0421 646 037

Posts the same in all but the ZPL thread :thumbsup:

Jardelsimage
09-01-2020, 07:48 AM
CARDIFF CITY FC ZPL are looking for trial games.

3 grades would be preferred, but is not essential.
Home ground issues for CCFC means we need to play away.

For any inquiries or further information contact
Andrew Janissen 0427 254 548

Kicktheball
10-02-2020, 10:49 AM
Ladder predictions? Curious to see how Merewether and Barnsley perform.

pastor399
12-02-2020, 05:50 PM
Ladder predictions? Curious to see how Merewether and Barnsley perform.

Keep in mind the latest developments in participants.....
Jesmond have dropped too ZL2
University have returned to ZL1

Roundball Enthusiast
12-02-2020, 06:58 PM

Oh hey, thats pretty cool.

Felt bad for Uni 3rd grade as they were a bunch of decent ability kids let down by their first-grade team.
Good to see them able to stay up.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
13-02-2020, 11:18 AM

Is this official?

Swanky
13-02-2020, 03:48 PM
Is this official?

yes

Kicktheball
14-02-2020, 08:06 AM
Oh hey, thats pretty cool.

Felt bad for Uni 3rd grade as they were a bunch of decent ability kids let down by their first-grade team.
Good to see them able to stay up.

I always questioned why they did not just swap their 3rd grade and 1st grade teams, performances would have improved..

holding_midfield
24-02-2020, 04:56 PM
Kotara ZPL have an opening for a 1st Grade goalkeeper - any interested parties, please contact Head Coach Brad Gallard 0408431525. Cheers.

Roundball Enthusiast
27-02-2020, 01:14 PM
Who is going to take Raymond Terrace's ZPL spot when they drop due to not enough players.

Sir
27-02-2020, 01:52 PM
Who is going to take Raymond Terrace's ZPL spot when they drop due to not enough players.

If previous years taught me anything, thirds will just be a BYE.

Jardelsimage
27-02-2020, 02:44 PM
If previous years taught me anything, thirds will just be a BYE.

if they cant field three teams they should go to a two team comp.

CCFC were struggling last year and that was our only option we were told.

Sir
27-02-2020, 03:23 PM

I think Morriset were caught in this predicament last time. They said they tried to get dropped, but it was too late. But this scenario was ZL2 team having to organise a whole new third team in order for Morriset to get dropped. May be wrong...

onlooker
03-03-2020, 10:51 AM

We played in a comp that had a team only fill 2 grades in a 3 grade comp and it wasnÂ’t right. We are looking at making a final call tonight and if as looks to be the case we drop down it will be our intentions to drop to ZL2 and hopefully this gives the association enough time to make the calls they need to. Whether that be send a team up or have a buy in one of the comps I guess itÂ’s up to them.

Roundball Enthusiast
03-03-2020, 01:45 PM
We played in a comp that had a team only fill 2 grades in a 3 grade comp and it wasnÂ’t right. We are looking at making a final call tonight and if as looks to be the case we drop down it will be our intentions to drop to ZL2 and hopefully this gives the association enough time to make the calls they need to. Whether that be send a team up or have a buy in one of the comps I guess itÂ’s up to them.

The right call to make. Tough situation and feel a bit for Terrace after being so strong for a number of years. Hopefully it's just a bad year and you can bounce back. Solid youth program up there, so no doubt you'll have a bunch of teens coming through shortly. Im sure you guys will do well in ZL2 if you do drop.

The Anvil
03-03-2020, 02:42 PM
The right call to make. Tough situation and feel a bit for Terrace after being so strong for a number of years. Hopefully it's just a bad year and you can bounce back. Solid youth program up there, so no doubt you'll have a bunch of teens coming through shortly. Im sure you guys will do well in ZL2 if you do drop.

Not too sure about that. Every time we have played them on a Saturday up there all the juniors have wrapped up by the time kick off in 3rds.

Swanky
03-03-2020, 02:43 PM

ZL2 is a full 10 team comp and ZL3 only has 7 teams maybe slide all the way down to ZL3 as it would be tough for a ZL2 club to find a 3rd team and go up

onlooker
03-03-2020, 03:06 PM
ZL2 is a full 10 team comp and ZL3 only has 7 teams maybe slide all the way down to ZL3 as it would be tough for a ZL2 club to find a 3rd team and go up

I was under the impression that ZL2 had 9 teams after Maitland Snrs pulled out. Who has come in to replace them?

onlooker
03-03-2020, 03:17 PM

Currently in a little bit of limbo with the junior and senior teams I think the eldest juniors we have are 16 ( not sure of the grade). But in saying that we have had 3 of our 14 year olds training with us all pre season and a 15 year old join our squad on a permanent basis. So It may take a year or two to get those teens coming through but we are definitely trying to close the gap there and filter them in when possible.

The Hacker
03-03-2020, 03:50 PM
I was under the impression that ZL2 had 9 teams after Maitland Snrs pulled out. Who has come in to replace them?

Surely ZPL as the top comp won’t have 9 teams

onlooker
03-03-2020, 04:51 PM
Surely ZPL as the top comp won’t have 9 teams

This is exactly why we have decided to make a call tonight. We have been in communication with those that matter and they keep telling us to hold out more players will come. Unfortunately the area we are in that’s not likely to happen. So we are trying to give as much notice so they can do something with time to spare instead of a couple of weeks out like they are suggesting to us.

Swanky
03-03-2020, 07:56 PM

Sorry i was wrong it is now an 8 team comp as Simba and Maitland both pulled out

The Hacker
04-03-2020, 08:44 AM
Currently in a little bit of limbo with the junior and senior teams I think the eldest juniors we have are 16 ( not sure of the grade). But in saying that we have had 3 of our 14 year olds training with us all pre season and a 15 year old join our squad on a permanent basis. So It may take a year or two to get those teens coming through but we are definitely trying to close the gap there and filter them in when possible.

What was the outcome

onlooker
04-03-2020, 09:54 AM
What was the outcome

We will be informing Russel Henry that we will be requesting to drop down to ZL2 sighting lack of playing numbers and depth. Hopefully a decision from them will come back soon.

KickyBall
15-03-2020, 12:26 AM
New Lambton have to be the hot favourites this year! Merewether to be a surprise package and Barnsley to disappoint.
Burbs have made a few good changes and Westlakes will be old reliable. Hamilton, Maryland, Uni and Olympic to be the also ran clubs. Wallsend surely has to be paying $0.98 to get the wooden spoon. Only reason they didn’t get it last year was Wayne Edwards and he’s gone!

Ladder predictions below:

1. New Lambton
2. Garden Suburbs
3. Westlakes
4. Merewether Advance
5. Stockton
6. Maryland Fletcher
7. Newcastle Uni
8. Hamilton Olympic
9. Barnsley
10. Wallsend

The Hacker
15-03-2020, 09:44 AM
New Lambton have to be the hot favourites this year! Merewether to be a surprise package and Barnsley to disappoint.
Burbs have made a few good changes and Westlakes will be old reliable. Hamilton, Maryland, Uni and Olympic to be the also ran clubs. Wallsend surely has to be paying $0.98 to get the wooden spoon. Only reason they didn’t get it last year was Wayne Edwards and he’s gone!

1. New Lambton
2. Garden Suburbs
3. Westlakes
4. Merewether Advance
5. Stockton
6. Maryland Fletcher
7. Newcastle Uni
8. Hamilton Olympic
9. Barnsley
10. Wallsend

Barnsley will be better than that they have a few back. Maryland will struggle some disharmony in the camp is what I’m hearing

Kicktheball
15-03-2020, 09:58 AM

1. New Lambton
2. Garden Suburbs
3. Westlakes
4. Merewether Advance
5. Stockton
6. Maryland Fletcher
7. Newcastle Uni
8. Hamilton Olympic
9. Barnsley
10. Wallsend

Garden suburbs to come 2nd is a funny joke..

KickyBall
15-03-2020, 12:57 PM
Barnsley will be better than that they have a few back. Maryland will struggle some disharmony in the camp is what I’m hearing

How do you think the ladder will look?

KickyBall
15-03-2020, 12:58 PM
Garden suburbs to come 2nd is a funny joke..

Comedy is a friend of mine... so let’s have your ladder prediction... or you just ask for everyone else’s cause you can’t come up with your own?

Jedi
15-03-2020, 04:07 PM
I think use may have Olympic a little to far down the ladder.
They have recently played Raymond terrace which were in zl1 at the time they played them and not only beat them gave them a bit off a touch up in both grades.
They also beat cooks hill which are now in zpl in both grades.
Yes it is only pre season but a lot of people seem to use this as a guide as to how the team is going to go.

Kicktheball
15-03-2020, 06:17 PM
Comedy is a friend of mine... so let’s have your ladder prediction... or you just ask for everyone else’s cause you can’t come up with your own?
1. New lambton
2. Westlakes
3. Stockton
4. Merewether
5. Uni
6. Olympic
7. Suburbs
8. Barnsley
9. Wallsend
10. Fletcher

onlooker
15-03-2020, 06:28 PM
They have recently played Raymond terrace which were in zl1 at the time they played them and not only beat them gave them a bit off a touch up in both grades.
Yes it is only pre season but a lot of people seem to use this as a guide as to how the team is going to go.

Very true Olympic did put a lot past Terrace and looked quality. Terrace then dropped out of ZPL down to ZL2 and beat New Lambton 1-0 last Thursday. Apparently first game New Lambton hasnÂ’t scored in. And Terrace beat cooks hill too. So I guess what IÂ’m saying whilst itÂ’s all we can go off itÂ’s bloody impossible to predict where anyone will end up.

But can say both teams have strong 1st and Res teams and should do very well.

KickyBall
15-03-2020, 07:57 PM

Everyone loves a surprise for package. Let’s hope we get a few this year.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
01-06-2020, 08:54 PM
Interesting Zone League meeting tonight..
Newy Football confirmed comp was down to 8 teams, and I have since heard another team wont be playing.
I wont name them as it may not be accurate.Its a tough call for a lot of clubs..
At what point does a comp become pointless? (considering there's no semi's, no promotion or relegation) and potentially down to 7 teams)

Swanky
02-06-2020, 07:17 AM
Interesting Zone League meeting tonight..
Newy Football confirmed comp was down to 8 teams, and I have since heard another team wont be playing.
I wont name them as it may not be accurate.Its a tough call for a lot of clubs..
At what point does a comp become pointless? (considering there's no semi's, no promotion or relegation) and potentially down to 7 teams)

I reckon if 24 teams go ahead they make 3 8 team comps but u need to have finals
Even if it’s 1v4 n 2v3 in a one off game then a gf will add 2 rounds to a 14 round Comp still have 2 rounds to spare on current 18 round Comp no finals

anfield
02-06-2020, 09:20 AM
I reckon if 24 teams go ahead they make 3 8 team comps but u need to have finals
Even if itÂ’s 1v4 n 2v3 in a one off game then a gf will add 2 rounds to a 14 round Comp still have 2 rounds to spare on current 18 round Comp no finals

There is no scope for finals at all. The competition is scheduled for 14 weekends, so 18 games would be played over 14 weekends.
Apparently there is only 14 weekends available before cricket gets the fields, that's with cricket already getting pushed back 2 weeks.
The uncertainty makes the decision difficult for smaller clubs. Bigger clubs will survive if they sit out the season, for the smaller clubs they could possibly fold if they sit out the season. As they would loose players to rival clubs, A blanket decision would be helpful in this case. That's what has happened in rugby union.

The Hacker
02-06-2020, 10:05 AM
There is no scope for finals at all. The competition is scheduled for 14 weekends, so 18 games would be played over 14 weekends.
Apparently there is only 14 weekends available before cricket gets the fields, that's with cricket already getting pushed back 2 weeks.
The uncertainty makes the decision difficult for smaller clubs. Bigger clubs will survive if they sit out the season, for the smaller clubs they could possibly fold if they sit out the season. As they would loose players to rival clubs, A blanket decision would be helpful in this case. That's what has happened in rugby union.

They should put a line through the year as much as we don’t want to it’s the easiest decision on senior football

idontwannaplaywithhowey
02-06-2020, 12:05 PM
A 3rd team officially out of ZL1 now.
So currently 7 team comp (6 team for 3rd grade).

anfield
02-06-2020, 12:13 PM
They should put a line through the year as much as we don’t want to it’s the easiest decision on senior football

Agree, it will only be a Micky mouse competition anyway.

rawr.
02-06-2020, 02:26 PM

I agree with Swanky, it's the way to go. However which clubs would go where? and how do you even out the clubs to ensure that you've got the 3 or 2 divisions available? Might have to tell a ZFL1 club that they have to play "ZFL2" this year so must drop their 3rd grade? that's not fair on those players.

As for finals - play them at venues that don't share with cricket... some clubs have their fields all year around.

namwob99
02-06-2020, 04:22 PM

Why? I might be the only one, but I really don't care about semis and comp set up etc. I just wanna play football tbh.

The Hacker
02-06-2020, 04:52 PM
Why? I might be the only one, but I really don't care about semis and comp set up etc. I just wanna play football tbh.

Do you want someone to get sick blame the club and then you have no club. Everyone is a volunteer they don’t need/deserve the pressure for a comp with no meaning. We all want to play but for your 90min think of the pressure on the unpaid committee and volunteers to uphold all the restrictions

Jardelsimage
03-06-2020, 11:18 AM
Do you want someone to get sick blame the club and then you have no club. Everyone is a volunteer they don’t need/deserve the pressure for a comp with no meaning. We all want to play but for your 90min think of the pressure on the unpaid committee and volunteers to uphold all the restrictions

how can someone blame a club if they get Covid, don't want to risk it, bubble wrap yourself inside and don't come out until when?????
if you are to worried about getting Covid, don't go to the games, don't want Covid don't go shopping, etc, etc ,etc.

Alan
03-06-2020, 12:27 PM

Hi Hacker,

Clubs can only do so much. We can remind players and parents not to attend if they feel sick; we can follow the guidelines put forward by Northern., but if a player subsequently becomes sick the club is not to blame in the same way a club is not to blame if a player breaks their leg during a match.

There is a lot of fear in clubs around possible "blame" and Northern need to do better at explaining the guidelines and responsibilities. Without clear direction clubs will worry themselves into pulling out of comps. The guidelines are different and a little more work, but from what I have seen they are not overwhelming.

A

The Hacker
03-06-2020, 04:05 PM
Hi Hacker,

Clubs can only do so much. We can remind players and parents not to attend if they feel sick; we can follow the guidelines put forward by Northern., but if a player subsequently becomes sick the club is not to blame in the same way a club is not to blame if a player breaks their leg during a match.

There is a lot of fear in clubs around possible "blame" and Northern need to do better at explaining the guidelines and responsibilities. Without clear direction clubs will worry themselves into pulling out of comps. The guidelines are different and a little more work, but from what I have seen they are not overwhelming.

A

All I am saying is there is a lot of pressure on volunteers that aren’t trained in it all and for what maybe 10–12 games with no finals etc. I simply ask is it worth all the pressure on a handful of volunteers. We live in a world now where if you slip over you sue someone. People don’t take responsibility for themselves which is not right

Swanky
05-06-2020, 08:45 PM
Apart from Maryland Fletcher did any other teams withdraw from ZL1

The Hacker
05-06-2020, 09:27 PM
Apart from Maryland Fletcher did any other teams withdraw from ZL1

I heard Barnsley we’re pulling the pin

Premy
10-06-2020, 04:45 PM
If your club has pulled out of the season but you're still interested in playing send me a text or pm me on here.

Garden Suburb FC have a few limited spaces available.

Liam.

WFC_ZL
12-06-2020, 12:50 PM
Wallsend FC ZL1

Wallsend FC are looking for a few more players for the 2020 season. Training resumes 16/6/20.
For more info please contact head coach Marc Hingston - 0400449716

The Postman
15-06-2020, 09:17 PM
Westlakes pulled the pin, from 6s to Zone League.

anfield
15-06-2020, 09:39 PM
Westlakes pulled the pin, from 6s to Zone League.

Westlakes out of competition for real?

idontwannaplaywithhowey
16-06-2020, 09:09 AM
Westlakes out of competition for real?

Yep, they announced it over the weekend.
I understand last night another club has pulled out of 3rd Grade too.

So now its:
1st/Res- 7 teams
3rds- 5 teams

riverboy
16-06-2020, 09:19 AM

So now its:
1st/Res- 7 teams
3rds- 5 teams

Why wouldn't the association bring up another club from zone league 2??? Jesmond or kahibah??? They might be able to find someone else to fill the gap in league 2. I did see something about Dudley Juniors possibly having players, why not get them or someone else??

Premy
16-06-2020, 11:49 AM

So now its:
1st/Res- 7 teams
3rds- 5 teams

Garden Suburb FC pulled the pin on our third grade.
It essentially came down to the fact that 3rd grade will only be a 10 game season and we couldn't justify charging a dozen or so blokes the registration required for only 10 games. Believe me it was a decision not taken lightly, I commend every club and the joint zone committee at this stage doing their best to give us a football season.

Premy
16-06-2020, 11:50 AM
Why wouldn't the association bring up another club from zone league 2??? Jesmond or kahibah??? They might be able to find someone else to fill the gap in league 2. I did see something about Dudley Juniors possibly having players, why not get them or someone else??

If only it was as simple as typing a sentence on an internet forum.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
16-06-2020, 02:08 PM
Garden Suburb FC pulled the pin on our third grade.
It essentially came down to the fact that 3rd grade will only be a 10 game season and we couldn't justify charging a dozen or so blokes the registration required for only 10 games. Believe me it was a decision not taken lightly, I commend every club and the joint zone committee at this stage doing their best to give us a football season.

Plenty of tough decisions have had to be made for sure.
Where do you guys sit with 1st/Res only being a 12 game comp?

Premy
16-06-2020, 05:54 PM
We're planning on organizing a inter club game on our bye weekends and hopefully being allowed to run some type of social gathering the same day.
It's not ideal but all the lads we have registered seem grateful to have something rather than nothing. It seems to be restrictions are being relaxed already so hopefully the social aspect of playing will be able to return in some form throughout the season.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
17-06-2020, 09:25 AM
We're planning on organizing a inter club game on our bye weekends and hopefully being allowed to run some type of social gathering the same day.
It's not ideal but all the lads we have registered seem grateful to have something rather than nothing. It seems to be restrictions are being relaxed already so hopefully the social aspect of playing will be able to return in some form throughout the season.

Good stuff! Fingers crossed the social stuff can get off the ground by then, that's the most important element for sure.

Swanky
17-06-2020, 12:22 PM

Considering we were going to fit in a 18 round season now done to 14 rounds with 12 games why cant we fit in a finals series to give us something to play for rather then 12 friendly games

Roundball Enthusiast
03-07-2020, 04:59 PM
Footballs back!

finzee
03-07-2020, 06:35 PM
Considering we were going to fit in a 18 round season now done to 14 rounds with 12 games why cant we fit in a finals series to give us something to play for rather then 12 friendly games

These games wont be friendly.

WFC_ZL
04-07-2020, 07:02 PM
Wallsend FC v Uni

3rds: 1 - 3
Ressies: 4 - 2
1st Grade: 4 - 1

Swanky
04-07-2020, 10:25 PM
Stockton v Olympic

Res 2-6
1st 1-3

Robbery
05-07-2020, 09:03 AM
Merewether vs Suburbs
Res 0 - 1
1sts 2 - 2

3rds vs New Lambton 3-0

amishpanda
07-07-2020, 03:48 PM
Merewether vs Suburbs
Res 0 - 1
1sts 2 - 2

3rds vs New Lambton 3-0

From a mostly-uninformed neutral, good result for Merewether?

Kicktheball
12-07-2020, 07:05 AM
Any Saturday results ?

WFC_ZL
12-07-2020, 04:52 PM
Hamilton Olympic Reserves 4 - Wallsend 3rds 1

Garden Suburb v Wallsend
Ressies: 1-1
1st Grade: 0-5

idontwannaplaywithhowey
12-07-2020, 05:08 PM
New Lambton v Merewether:
1sts:2-1 NLFC
res:3-0 NLFC
3rds: 3-1 Merewether

Kicktheball
17-07-2020, 11:47 AM
How are all teams grounds holding up?

WFC_ZL
18-07-2020, 05:21 PM
Wallsend v Stockton

3rds: 1-0
Ressies: 9-2
1st Grade: 0-3

Fridge
19-07-2020, 08:09 PM
Suburb v New Lambton
Reggies 1-0 New Lambton
1st 2-1 Suburb

WFC_ZL
25-07-2020, 06:57 PM
New Lambton v Wallsend

3rds 1-1
Ressies 1-3
1st Grade 1-1

Swanky
25-07-2020, 08:05 PM
Olympic v Garden Suburb

Res 3-3
1st 3-2

Swanky
01-08-2020, 10:33 PM
New Lambton - Olympic
1st 3-0
Res 3-2

Robbery
02-08-2020, 01:49 PM
Merewether vs Stockton
3rds 5-1
Res 3-1
Firsts 5-4 after being 0-4 at half time.

Big thanks to Stockton for hosting the games to make sure we could play as Jeso Park wasn't holding up well after the rain.

Hotline
02-08-2020, 03:31 PM
Merewether vs Stockton
3rds 5-1
Res 3-1
Firsts 5-4 after being 0-4 at half time.

Big thanks to Stockton for hosting the games to make sure we could play as Jeso Park wasn't holding up well after the rain.

So you're saying wethers scored 5 unanswered goals in the second half to romp home? Any interesting events cause this game of two halves? That's surely a game worth telling your grandkids about.

Fridge
02-08-2020, 05:45 PM
Suburb v Uni
Reserve grade 2-1 Uni
1st 4-0 Suburb

Robbery
03-08-2020, 11:50 AM
So you're saying wethers scored 5 unanswered goals in the second half to romp home? Any interesting events cause this game of two halves? That's surely a game worth telling your grandkids about.

Yep - put 5 goals in during the second half. They had an injury late in the first half that saw one of their better players go off and a slight player/tactical switch at half time by us but nothing too drastic. Scored two in the first 10 of the second half and rode the momentum home really. A game we won't forget for a long time.....

Hotline
04-08-2020, 06:39 AM
Yep - put 5 goals in during the second half. They had an injury late in the first half that saw one of their better players go off and a slight player/tactical switch at half time by us but nothing too drastic. Scored two in the first 10 of the second half and rode the momentum home really. A game we won't forget for a long time.....

That's amazing.... well done!

WFC_ZL
15-08-2020, 05:06 PM
Merewether v Wallsend

3rds: 5-5
Ressies: 4-7
1st Grade: 1-2

Swanky
15-08-2020, 08:36 PM
Olympic v Uni
1st 6-1
Res 2-2

Hurricane
15-08-2020, 09:24 PM
Olympic v Uni
1st 6-1
Res 2-2

No signs of covid here Swank

Swanky
15-08-2020, 10:29 PM
No signs of covid here Swank

No that was last week all clear this week

Hurricane
16-08-2020, 09:42 AM
No that was last week all clear this week

The old deep cleaning works a miracle in the Hamilton Hotzone

Swanky
17-08-2020, 09:21 AM
The old deep cleaning works a miracle in the Hamilton Hotzone

We play out of Islington so we are not in the Hotzone

idontwannaplaywithhowey
17-08-2020, 12:07 PM
New Lambton v Stockton:

1sts: 5-0 New lambton
Res: 3-0 New Lambton
3rds: 4-1 New Lambton

Huge shoutout to Stocko for moving the game over to their ground...Really appreciate it legends!

Swanky
22-08-2020, 07:57 PM
Olympic v Stockton
Ressies 4-2
1st 5-0

Robbery
23-08-2020, 08:17 PM
Suburbs vs Merewether
Res 0-2
1sts 0-3

WFC_ZL
29-08-2020, 06:42 PM
Wallsend v Garden Suburb

Ressies: 4-1
1st Grade: 6-0

CHAMP
29-08-2020, 09:28 PM
Whats happening at Garden Suburbs 6 nil loss Wow!!

Robbery
29-08-2020, 10:25 PM
Merewether vs new lambton
Thirds 4-1
Res 0-5
Firsts 2-2.

WFC_ZL
05-09-2020, 05:21 PM
Stockton v Wallsend

3rds: 0-4
Ressies: 0-9
1st Grade: 1-2

idontwannaplaywithhowey
06-09-2020, 09:03 AM
New Lambton v Garden Suburb
1st: 2-0 New Lambton
Res: 2-1 Gardo

Swanky
06-09-2020, 05:05 PM
Olympic v Merewether
Res 3-2
1st 3-1

WFC_ZL
12-09-2020, 05:51 PM
Wallsend v New Lambton

3rds: 0-4
Ressies: 2-5
1st Grade: 2-1

Robbery
13-09-2020, 06:18 AM
Merewether vs Uni
3rds 1-0
Res 0-4
1sts 3-1

Swanky
13-09-2020, 10:09 PM
Garden Suburb v Olympic
Res 2-1
1st 1-4

Swanky
20-09-2020, 12:20 AM
Olympic v New Lambton
Res 1-1
1st 4-6

Robbery
20-09-2020, 06:25 AM
Stockton vs Merewether
Thirds 2-3
Reserves 1-1
Firsts 1-4

Swanky
26-09-2020, 11:10 PM
Olympic v Wallsend
Res 3-3
1st 1-1 Match abandoned after 60 minutes due to injury

amishpanda
27-09-2020, 03:35 PM
Wallsend FC will be seeking clarification from Newcastle Football on whether the 1-1 result should stand, considering the referee indicated the game would be played out and was only abandoned after Olympic elected to end the match.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
28-09-2020, 08:05 AM
New Lambton v University
1st: 3-1 Uni
Res: 1-0 NLFC
3rds: 1-1

idontwannaplaywithhowey
28-09-2020, 12:44 PM
Olympic v New Lambton
Res 1-1
1st 4-6

I'm a bit late to the party on this one but cheers to Olympic for the games this year...
All 4 games over the 2 grades have been really tough and very entertaining.
We have had many battles over the last few years in ZL2, but this years were really enjoyable and hard fought affairs.
Cheers Gentlemen!

Suarez
28-09-2020, 09:27 PM
Wallsend FC will be seeking clarification from Newcastle Football on whether the 1-1 result should stand, considering the referee indicated the game would be played out and was only abandoned after Olympic elected to end the match.

Seriously the guy broke his tib and fib and all Wallsend are worried about is getting three points

amishpanda
29-09-2020, 08:38 AM
Seriously the guy broke his tib and fib and all Wallsend are worried about is getting three points

Of course not. Everyone at Wallsend FC completely regrets to see injuries of such a nature to anyone in sport.

However, regard for the players well-being and a desire to finish the game considering the referee indicated there was ample opportunity to complete the fixture are not mutually exclusive actions.

onlooker
29-09-2020, 09:50 AM
Of course not. Everyone at Wallsend FC completely regrets to see injuries of such a nature to anyone in sport.

However, regard for the players well-being and a desire to finish the game considering the referee indicated there was ample opportunity to complete the fixture are not mutually exclusive actions.

Any other year I could see the point in trying to clarify what the outcome would be because it could be the difference with you getting promoted or making semis. But this year with none of that happening does it really matter if it finishes in a draw or not?

amishpanda
29-09-2020, 02:12 PM
Any other year I could see the point in trying to clarify what the outcome would be because it could be the difference with you getting promoted or making semis. But this year with none of that happening does it really matter if it finishes in a draw or not?

Surely everyone is aware that some clubs that elected to not field teams this season may have a very hard time putting together three grades next year, potentially create a free space in the league above.

That, or the potential repeat of Raymond Terraces fortunes to another club, means that we prefer to leave nothing to chance.

holding_midfield
04-10-2020, 05:58 PM

Injuries happen, never seen a game abondoned for a broken leg. Almost like Olympic had another motive to leave the field.

Charman
06-10-2020, 12:22 PM
I've seen a game abandoned for a broken leg. Tib + fib. Young guy playing for Wallsend at Wallsend. ZL3 though.

riverboy
06-10-2020, 10:22 PM

I would have had that discussion with Newcastle Football in private. I don't think listing it on the forum is good form. To be perfectly honest, take the point and move on. I'm sure the poor guy with the broken leg wouldn't want to hear there is a debate over points.

holding_midfield
06-10-2020, 10:45 PM
I would have had that discussion with Newcastle Football in private. I don't think listing it on the forum is good form. To be perfectly honest, take the point and move on. I'm sure the poor guy with the broken leg wouldn't want to hear there is a debate over points.

To be honest, it has exactly nothing to do with the injured player. Ok, if his team mates dont want to continue, fine. If both teams agree, its a draw. If not, its a forfeit according to the rules.

What is the precedent set by allowing a match to be abandoned by one team after the referee has indicated it should be finished? That result only suited one team.

WFC_ZL
10-10-2020, 05:31 PM
Wallsend v Merewether

3rds: 1-4
Ressies: 4-2
1st Grade: 7-1

idontwannaplaywithhowey
11-10-2020, 07:40 PM
New Lambton v Stockton
1st:3-1 Eagles
Res: 8-0 Eagles
3rds: 6-1 Eagles