PDA

View Full Version : 2020 Zone Premier League thread

Pages : [1] 2

boz-monaut
07-01-2020, 08:21 PM
discussion starts here

#fixsmithpark
11-01-2020, 09:08 PM
Fantastico!.... Azzuri are getting closer to where we belong! After a very dominant performance last season we're super excited to dominate this league as well. Frankly with the squad we have I can't see us losing many again this year!

It's hard instill a winning culture at a club but we have it in spades. Can't say the same for battlers Terrace, Cardiff, Warner's bay and Suns.

#avoidrelegation2020

ForeverRed
11-01-2020, 09:29 PM
Fantastico!.... Azzuri are getting closer to where we belong! After a very dominant performance last season we're super excited to dominate this league as well. Frankly with the squad we have I can't see us losing many again this year!

It's hard instill a winning culture at a club but we have it in spades. Can't say the same for battlers Terrace, Cardiff, Warner's bay and Suns.

#avoidrelegation2020

The early crow, thoughts jardelsimage

Jardelsimage
13-01-2020, 11:56 AM
The early crow, thoughts jardelsimage

no thoughts Red, just another new member going fishing.
Question though, are azzurri playing at Connelly park?

Roundball Enthusiast
13-01-2020, 02:40 PM
no thoughts Red, just another new member going fishing.
Question though, are azzurri playing at Connelly park?

Only every 4th weekend.

CrazyZigga
16-01-2020, 10:27 PM
Kotara South FC kick off preseason next week @ Hudson Park, Kotara.

Tuesday & Thursday nights from 6pm.
After our most successful season in the club's history in 2019, we are looking forward to another successful campaign under new head coach Brad Gallard.

All interested players welcome, or please contact Brad on 0408 431 525.

Zigga!!!

DonPablo
17-01-2020, 09:21 PM
Kotara South FC kick off preseason next week @ Hudson Park, Kotara.

Tuesday & Thursday nights from 6pm.
After our most successful season in the club's history in 2019, we are looking forward to another successful campaign under new head coach Brad Gallard.

All interested players welcome, or please contact Brad on 0408 431 525.

Zigga!!!

My spies and ears tell me kotara will be up against it this year.
No whippet up front, no lurch in goals, coach quit.
Could they be the new barnsley?

The Hacker
18-01-2020, 02:04 PM
My spies and ears tell me kotara will be up against it this year.
No whippet up front, no lurch in goals, coach quit.
Could they be the new barnsley?

Where did the Whippet and coach go

#fixsmithpark
20-01-2020, 10:35 AM
Where did the Whippet and coach go

Noone cares about back to back gf losers, AZZURI are here!

#avoidrelegation2020

Sideline
20-01-2020, 08:20 PM
Noone cares about back to back gf losers, AZZURI are here!

#avoidrelegation2020

Who are the in's and out's at azzurri ???

controlzone
22-01-2020, 06:57 PM

Azzurri ins: Mark Shalmolov and Ty Goldsmith

Aegon
22-01-2020, 07:03 PM

Didn’t Ty just mid season switch to belswans last year? Handy pick up for ZPL as he’s a bloody good goal scorer.

YewYew
22-01-2020, 07:59 PM
Didn’t Ty just mid season switch to belswans last year? Handy pick up for ZPL as he’s a bloody good goal scorer.

Played vs Ty when he at Argenton yrs back & he scored goals for fun. He could have ezy played NPL if he wanted it but was never the fittest. Heard he did well at Wallsend but was told fitness held him back. Big talent. Should have done more.

Aegon
22-01-2020, 08:31 PM
Played vs Ty when he at Argenton yrs back & he scored goals for fun. He could have ezy played NPL if he wanted it but was never the fittest. Heard he did well at Wallsend but was told fitness held him back. Big talent. Should have done more.

May look like a rugby hooker having a try at the beautiful game, however he puts the ball in the net for fun.

onlooker
23-01-2020, 08:07 AM

That is some good bait you have there, got a few quick bites.... I personally would love to see Shal turn out for Azzurri he needs a few more clubs on his list..he is only what 60 still plenty of time for him to rack up a few more..

riverboy
23-01-2020, 09:17 AM

Azzurri worst In that idiot that runs the crown and Anchor. Seen the video on the website, who would want that unprofessional knob running their hotel??

#fixsmithpark
23-01-2020, 09:32 AM
Azzurri worst In that idiot that runs the crown and Anchor. Seen the video on the website, who would want that unprofessional knob running their hotel??

Someone's jealous! Best get back to sipping your west coast coolers and knitting blankets with your nanna.

HonkingDonkey
23-01-2020, 09:43 AM
Azzuri are getting closer to where we belong! After a very dominant performance last season we're super excited to dominate this league as well.

Settle down there Raymond Terrace... how about you worry about avoiding relegation first.
Should make for some tight games at the bottom of the ladder tho, keeps it interesting and fun.

Roundball Enthusiast
23-01-2020, 10:22 AM
That is some good bait you have there, got a few quick bites.... I personally would love to see Shal turn out for Azzurri he needs a few more clubs on his list..he is only what 60 still plenty of time for him to rack up a few more..

Any club that takes Shal has something loose in their head. The guy is nothing but a ****wit and will do more harm than good to any team he goes near.

Useless in goals too.

finzee
23-01-2020, 03:32 PM
Surely Adamstowns Matty Sokulskys not going to the Shuzz. Too much talent.

anfield
23-01-2020, 07:52 PM

Why would Ty leave Belswans after a 2 goal Man of the match performance in last year's New FM Grand Final? More so why would Belswans let him leave?
I have never seen a guy shoot as good as Ty in Zone League Football. Seriously Hits the ball as good as a professional player.

Roundball Enthusiast
23-01-2020, 08:15 PM
Why would Ty leave Belswans after a 2 goal Man of the match performance in last year's New FM Grand Final? More so why would Belswans let him leave?
I have never seen a guy shoot as good as Ty in Zone League Football. Seriously Hits the ball as good as a professional player.

To play for the Azzurri. Obviously.

riverboy
24-01-2020, 06:39 AM
To play for the Azzurri. Obviously.

Like moving from Middlesbrough to Southend.

TXK
24-01-2020, 07:50 AM
These rumours are hilarious. We’ve got bigger players on the horizon than signing from NewFM.

The Hacker
27-01-2020, 08:37 PM
These rumours are hilarious. We’ve got bigger players on the horizon than signing from NewFM.

Let’s talk about something more interesting. What’s happened to the ground at Warner’s bay. It’s that over grown it looks like like it hasn’t seen a mower since the season ended. The Raymond Terrace boy will be at home cause their front lawns look the same

sammydog
27-01-2020, 09:12 PM
Let’s talk about something more interesting. What’s happened to the ground at Warner’s bay. It’s that over grown it looks like like it hasn’t seen a mower since the season ended. The Raymond Terrace boy will be at home cause their front lawns look the same

Council has gone the couch conversion on it, few other grounds have had it down in past years (kahibah is the obvious one). Conditions obviously not good for regrowth, but it looked like a cow paddock a few weeks back, so if its overgrown thats a start.

DonPablo
29-01-2020, 07:57 PM
Conditions obviously not good for regrowth, but it looked like a cow paddock a few weeks back, so if its overgrown thats a start.
It’s looked like and played like a cow paddock for the past decade!

The Hacker
02-02-2020, 05:13 PM
Most teams are back on deck any player/coach movement across the league

Just a spectator
07-02-2020, 12:23 AM
Any club that takes Shal has something loose in their head. The guy is nothing but a ****wit and will do more harm than good to any team he goes near.

Useless in goals too.

Hmmm..... Very interesting I'd put money on a muppet like you obviously doesn't know the bloke, that is such a vicious personal attack.He's been around along time, and he's more likely than not played at a lot higher level than you...! and a good keeper or he wouldn't have been around as long as he has, I also know for a fact that he's a great club man, he's actually pulled a few clubs around town out of virtual collapse by bringing in sponsors and implementing other money making programs. I don't think he's at Azzuri, I did hear that he is the keeper coach out at Lake;s NPL this year and I doubt an NPL club would employ a useless keeper... I think there's a reason or two a club would want him'... Just sayin,

PlasticFan
07-02-2020, 09:39 AM
Hmmm..... Very interesting I'd put money on a muppet like you obviously doesn't know the bloke, that is such a vicious personal attack.He's been around along time, and he's more likely than not played at a lot higher level than you...! and a good keeper or he wouldn't have been around as long as he has, I also know for a fact that he's a great club man, he's actually pulled a few clubs around town out of virtual collapse by bringing in sponsors and implementing other money making programs. I don't think he's at Azzuri, I did hear that he is the keeper coach out at Lake;s NPL this year and I doubt an NPL club would employ a useless keeper... I think there's a reason or two a club would want him'... Just sayin,

Does anyone else think this is Shal?

la bazzle
10-02-2020, 01:00 PM
I don't think he's at Azzuri, I did hear that he is the keeper coach out at Lake;s NPL this year and I doubt an NPL club would employ a useless keeper... I think there's a reason or two a club would want him'... Just sayin,

Came to a few training sesh's but we have 4 keepers as it is.

Hearing Cardiff are the dark horses this year

Sideline
10-02-2020, 04:11 PM

Who are your keepers la bazzle didn't 2 of them retire ? they werent even old lol

The Hacker
10-02-2020, 05:20 PM

Why have they opened the purse strings like Azzuri and gotten some NPL recruits

la bazzle
10-02-2020, 07:31 PM
Who are your keepers la bazzle didn't 2 of them retire ? they werent even old lol

Who retired 😂

#fixsmithpark
11-02-2020, 12:32 PM
Why have they opened the purse strings like Azzuri and gotten some NPL recruits

Azzuri don't need to open any purses m8, everyone's playing for the il Tricolore!

The people's club everyone comes to us!

#avoidrelegation2020

The Hacker
11-02-2020, 12:44 PM
Azzuri don't need to open any purses m8, everyone's playing for the il Tricolore!

The people's club everyone comes to us!

#avoidrelegation2020

People don’t care that you do it’s the clubs priority.
The people’s club at the right price.

PlasticFan
11-02-2020, 01:45 PM
People don’t care that you do it’s the clubs priority.
The people’s club at the right price.

Spot on Hacker, just like everyone at the Suns plays for the shirt and not for the players player money.

The Hacker
11-02-2020, 05:00 PM
Spot on Hacker, just like everyone at the Suns plays for the shirt and not for the players player money.

If you pay a players rego. That’s paying a player. If they come to the club cause someone give them a job that’s paying a player. You might not give them a paper bag each week but your doing it a different way.

Just a spectator
11-02-2020, 09:41 PM

Oh Ok Fair enough, I wouldn't have thought he'd have enough time if he's coaching at Lakes, most teams train on the same nights,

Roundball Enthusiast
12-02-2020, 08:32 AM
He's been around along time

There is a time where you get too old but your brain thinks you're better than you are, Shal has certainly reached that time.

FlatScreen
12-02-2020, 11:41 AM
If you pay a players rego. That’s paying a player. If they come to the club cause someone give them a job that’s paying a player. You might not give them a paper bag each week but your doing it a different way.

I wonder how many clubs charge their first grade players rego? I don't see how that's paying a player though.

What about if a player get's a sponsor, is it still considered to be the club paying their rego?

What about the player/coach scenario? Surely all coaches get paid. First grade at the least.

Buddha
12-02-2020, 01:56 PM

That is an outstanding self wrap of yourself Shal

Buddha
12-02-2020, 01:59 PM

Injury forced retirements. But got a couple of Keepers in to supplement those retirees

Roundball Enthusiast
12-02-2020, 02:16 PM

:lulzturtle:

The Hacker
12-02-2020, 05:25 PM
I wonder how many clubs charge their first grade players rego? I don't see how that's paying a player though.

What about if a player get's a sponsor, is it still considered to be the club paying their rego?

What about the player/coach scenario? Surely all coaches get paid. First grade at the least.

Well if your in first grade and the club pays your rego while the other 30 players in the club have to pay for the honour to play. Your getting paid to play pretty simple I thought. Some clubs will pay win bonuses also.

Surely all the first grade coaches are paid.

Buddha
12-02-2020, 08:14 PM
Not sure if it still happens, but Raymo used to pay any local junior’s rego for seniors, this was some 10+ years ago however

The Hacker
13-02-2020, 08:00 AM
Not sure if it still happens, but Raymo used to pay any local junior’s rego for seniors, this was some 10+ years ago however

I like that from the club. Least they aren’t just paying the bloke who will come for one or 2 years then piss off

la bazzle
13-02-2020, 08:34 AM
Surely all the first grade coaches are paid.

Nope

Just a spectator
14-02-2020, 11:15 AM
There is a time where you get too old but your brain thinks you're better than you are, Shal has certainly reached that time.

Ha Ha, I know him enough to know he'll know when to stop, but he trains a hell of a lot and is in pretty good shape and fitter and sharper than most getting around, any team who needs a keeper & a club man could do a lot worse than grabbing him.weather he plays or not your personal attacks on the bloke is disgraceful.

Just a spectator
14-02-2020, 11:17 AM

Thanks for the compliment buddy, I know him but I certainly don't want to be him...!

holding_midfield
14-02-2020, 03:10 PM
Ha Ha, I know him enough to know he'll know when to stop, but he trains a hell of a lot and is in pretty good shape and fitter and sharper than most getting around, any team who needs a keeper & a club man could do a lot worse than grabbing him.weather he plays or not your personal attacks on the bloke is disgraceful.

I know a ZPL club that could use a keeper or two..

#fixsmithpark
14-02-2020, 03:44 PM

Agreed amico, other than the bloke who doesn't need to jump to climb the monkey bars Kotara do really struggle for keepers.

#survivethedrop

Roundball Enthusiast
14-02-2020, 08:03 PM
I know him but I certainly don't want to be him...!

Your personal attacks are disgraceful.

Goatscheese
16-02-2020, 06:03 PM
Anyone know who the Suns went against South Cardiff today?

Jardelsimage
17-02-2020, 06:02 AM

when I left with about 5 to go, southy were winning 3-1.....

Nou Camp
17-02-2020, 09:06 AM

1sts lost 3-1
res won 3-1
3rds won 4-3
not a bad hit out for first trial of the season

The Hacker
17-02-2020, 02:43 PM
Agreed amico, other than the bloke who doesn't need to jump to climb the monkey bars Kotara do really struggle for keepers.

#survivethedrop

Might need to change the name to #fixconnellypark from what I hear.

la bazzle
17-02-2020, 03:45 PM

We've always been massive fans of our good, nay, best friends the Suns and their delightful facilities

Smith Park has never looked better, ever since the decision was made :rof::rof:

Nou Camp
17-02-2020, 04:37 PM

its worst its ever been at the moment (and thats saying something)
drought and water restrictions
the ground requires so much water just to classify it as terrible and with the water restrictions its barely getting anything at the moment (all this rain hasnt made a dent). spend thousands every year on it and hundreds of man hours watering but its all bandaid solutions
Council really needs to help out but they refuse to assist in anyway

see how it goes round 1....

The Hacker
17-02-2020, 06:38 PM
the ground requires so much water just to classify it as terrible and with the water restrictions its barely getting anything at the moment (all this rain hasnt made a dent). spend thousands every year on it and hundreds of man hours watering but its all bandaid solutions

It’s a shame cause Suns try and play football and the goat track the council serves up does them no favours

sammydog
17-02-2020, 06:50 PM

Drive around, there is some terrible looking grounds at the moment. I think a lot of clubs will have a bad pitch by Round 2.

The Hacker
17-02-2020, 07:40 PM
Drive around, there is some terrible looking grounds at the moment. I think a lot of clubs will have a bad pitch by Round 2.

There is 1 ground in mint condition according to a kid I know that plays for Belswans. He played at Dudley on Saturday and said the ground is immaculate somehow

MCG_1997
17-02-2020, 09:22 PM
How does every club look number wise? I've heard Raymond Terrace is struggling with numbers this year. If anyone interested to have a run with them, please message me and I will pass on your details.

sammydog
17-02-2020, 10:34 PM
There is 1 ground in mint condition according to a kid I know that plays for Belswans. He played at Dudley on Saturday and said the ground is immaculate somehow

Lake Mac grounds with council controlled irrigation are for the most part pretty good (not sure if that covers dudley), but other grounds are not so nice.

Just a spectator
17-02-2020, 11:17 PM

Don't know if he'd be interested or not but he can be found at planet fitness most afternoons or you could call Lakes I'm sure they'll have his number if you contact the club, I was at their game against Wallsend on the weekend and he wasn't there but I had a conversation with Rufo a week or two ago and he said Shal was training all the keepers out there...

Just a spectator
17-02-2020, 11:29 PM
Your personal attacks are disgraceful.

Really you muppet.. You obviously don't know Shal at all... I've been out of the game for quite a few years now, and I've told him I wouldn't want to be him, but I'll put money on you don't have the balls to tell him you called him a F.......Wit , he'd probably bitch slap you to death...! I wouldn't want to be him cos he's a freaking machine... I like my beer and junk food , I like to sit back and watch a game or two with a beer and a pie.... He doesn't know how to relax I think... he trains the house down eats right and trains more he's crazy, I was in the gym just before Xmas and he and the giant he trains with had 500 kg on the leg press and it stopped the gym I'm not up for that shit...and I'm sure you're not and I don't know if you play but I'll bet if you do you won't be capable of playing as long as he has.... You're the disgrace mate.

la bazzle
18-02-2020, 08:41 AM

Absolutely disgraceful the way the hardworking community of Carrington have been treated, council dropping the ball once again. But atleast the referees have enough space to get changed......

#FixConnollyPark

The Hacker
18-02-2020, 08:58 AM
Lake Mac grounds with council controlled irrigation are for the most part pretty good (not sure if that covers dudley), but other grounds are not so nice.

That could explain it

DonPablo
23-02-2020, 07:38 PM
Who are your keepers la bazzle

the bloke who doesn't need to jump to climb the monkey bars

🤔 how confusing

holding_midfield
24-02-2020, 04:54 PM
Kotara have an opening for a 1st Grade goalkeeper - any interested parties, please contact Head Coach Brad Gallard 0408431525. Cheers.

The Hacker
24-02-2020, 05:35 PM
Kotara have an opening for a 1st Grade goalkeeper - any interested parties, please contact Head Coach Brad Gallard 0408431525. Cheers.

So he’s left as coach and player now

PlasticFan
24-02-2020, 07:33 PM
Have you thought about contacting Shal?

Phoenix12
25-02-2020, 06:52 AM
Think they need a "first" grade keeper.......... :rof:

FlatScreen
25-02-2020, 09:54 AM

What happened to the big guy? From memory he was a great Keeper!

Beppe
25-02-2020, 10:32 AM
What happened to the big guy? From memory he was a great Keeper!

I've heard he is heading to the mighty Hamilton Azzuri. He is one of the best keepers in ZPL thats for sure.

FlatScreen
25-02-2020, 03:03 PM
I've heard he is heading to the mighty Hamilton Azzuri. He is one of the best keepers in ZPL thats for sure.

Surely he was making more $$$ coaching there than playing for a promoted team.

Promoted teams don't tend to do too well. Perhaps Hamilton will be the exception to the rule.

The Hacker
26-02-2020, 09:02 AM

Probably for the love of the club he’s moved there 😂😂😂

#fixsmithpark
26-02-2020, 11:41 AM
Probably for the love of the club he’s moved there ������

Just like everyone else! great club, winning culture, loved by the footballing community! big draw cards

The Hacker
26-02-2020, 05:07 PM
Just like everyone else! great club, winning culture, loved by the footballing community! big draw cards

You got one out of 3 right. They have won some games over the years

Sideline
26-02-2020, 10:12 PM
You got one out of 3 right. They have won some games over the years

They must be doing something right plenty of players in all there squads that would walk into most teams up to new fm level as well as plenty of ex nbn / npl players that could still get a run we would happily take a few players off their hands

The Hacker
27-02-2020, 07:51 AM
They must be doing something right plenty of players in all there squads that would walk into most teams up to new fm level as well as plenty of ex nbn / npl players that could still get a run we would happily take a few players off their hands

Pay them like they do and you can have players like that

MCG_1997
27-02-2020, 12:05 PM
We (Raynond Terrace) are struggling with numbers this year. We don't have enough to fulfill three squads. If we can't in the next fee weeks, you may have to have a bye round.
If there are any spare players in your squads, we will welcome them to King Park.

The Hacker
27-02-2020, 02:10 PM
We (Raynond Terrace) are struggling with numbers this year. We don't have enough to fulfill three squads. If we can't in the next fee weeks, you may have to have a bye round.
If there are any spare players in your squads, we will welcome them to King Park.

How short are you

Jardelsimage
27-02-2020, 02:43 PM

ground hog day

MCG_1997
27-02-2020, 03:04 PM
How short are you

So far only 34 Registered including 2 dual registered. Need like another 10 players including a GK

Buddha
27-02-2020, 11:02 PM
Pay them like they do and you can have players like that
Wait we are supposed to be getting paid at Hamilton? I’ve been missing out my whole time!

#fixsmithpark
01-03-2020, 11:09 PM
Teams being coy with their results, any news/results?

The Hacker
02-03-2020, 08:25 AM
Teams being coy with their results, any news/results?

Your beloved have been quiet on their results why don’t you lead it off

la bazzle
02-03-2020, 08:49 AM
Your beloved have been quiet on their results why don’t you lead it off

For da Blues:

Third grade and mix of 1sts/Ressies played West Wallsend ZL3 ressies and 1sts on saturday (Council double booked the field so was played on a makeshift tiny pitch - which was actually alright in the end). Both games were 4-0 wins or there abouts

Upcoming games:

This saturday Coogee Utd
Next week Lake Mac NPL

TheBean
02-03-2020, 10:47 AM
what trial games are coming up, I havent gotten to any games yet cos I never know when teams are on in preseason. this season should be a good one with last years top 4 competing with suns and azzurri who will no doubt be right up there. heard warners bay are pushing for finals too this year but cant see how they finish ahead of 4 of those 6

The Hacker
02-03-2020, 12:18 PM
Went and watched the local derby Saturday Charlestown v Dudley. 4-0 to Charlestown but Dudley got in behind them a fair bit just couldn’t beat Archerbold. Charlestown are bloody slow at the back and might be in for a Long year.
Highlight was Azzurri legends vs Dudley legends good to see some of the old boys running around

MCG_1997
02-03-2020, 01:11 PM
Terrace played Cooks Hill from ZL1.
We had to borrow many O35's players to fill in for 3rds and a couple for reserve. 1st had only 11 and 2 boys from reserve grade backed up for 1st.
3rds: 2-3 Cooks Hill
Reserve: 1-3 Cooks Hill
1st: 3-2 Terrace

la bazzle
02-03-2020, 08:00 PM
Terrace played Cooks Hill from ZL1.
We had to borrow many O35's players to fill in for 3rds and a couple for reserve. 1st had only 11 and 2 boys from reserve grade backed up for 1st.
3rds: 2-3 Cooks Hill
Reserve: 1-3 Cooks Hill
1st: 3-2 Terrace

Good results considering. Cooks Hill firsts and ressies are very decent teams

The Hacker
02-03-2020, 08:07 PM
Good results considering. Cooks Hill firsts and ressies are very decent teams

That’s solid in first grade

onlooker
04-03-2020, 10:26 AM
As I have just posted in another forum. Raymond Terrace have come to the decision that we will request to drop down to ZL2 due to having only 32 players registered to play ZPL this season. We did consider staying up and only fielding two teams but the majority of players believed that would not be in the best interest of our club or the competition. We now await a response from Russel Henry Yao see whether our request has been granted or not.

pastor399
04-03-2020, 03:03 PM
As I have just posted in another forum. Raymond Terrace have come to the decision that we will request to drop down to ZL2 due to having only 32 players registered to play ZPL this season. We did consider staying up and only fielding two teams but the majority of players believed that would not be in the best interest of our club or the competition. We now await a response from Russel Henry Yao see whether our request has been granted or not.

Can NL or CH be promoted to ZPL with them having NewFM teams? There used the be the thing where there had to be two divisions between squads from the same club......does that even apply to NewFM or only the Zone Leagues ???
either way, i think the most likely outcome is a 3rd grade bye, its getting late for teams to be switching competitions, no matter how much they may like to go up or down

WWMTD?
04-03-2020, 09:59 PM
Can NL or CH be promoted to ZPL with them having NewFM teams? There used the be the thing where there had to be two divisions between squads from the same club......does that even apply to NewFM or only the Zone Leagues ???
either way, i think the most likely outcome is a 3rd grade bye, its getting late for teams to be switching competitions, no matter how much they may like to go up or down

No issues with CHUFC being in ZPL and NL1 as the comps aren’t linked. Watch this space.

la bazzle
05-03-2020, 08:18 AM
No issues with CHUFC being in ZPL and NL1 as the comps aren’t linked. Watch this space.

Would make sense, they have the quality to be in ZPL

Retro Jet
07-03-2020, 08:25 PM

Ditto. Came from the man himself. In the past, discussions we had between us around our ZL1 being promoted ZPL seemed to lean towards promoting clubs that were looking to work on
those other areas of criteria required and possibly looking at promotion to NL1.
We were already there, so it wasn't a logical consideration. That seems to have gone by the wayside. Quote" If you win it, you get promoted" R/Terrace 2018, Hamilton 2019. We were asked as the next in line.
Having said that, ZPL would be a great 'proving ground' for an aspiring club from Zone Leagues to move up the food chain. We did 5 years there. Great preparation for the leap into NL1.

onlooker
10-03-2020, 05:56 PM
I can now confirm that Raymond Terrace’s request to be relegated to ZL2 has been approved.

Roundball Enthusiast
10-03-2020, 08:09 PM
I can now confirm that Raymond Terrace’s request to be relegated to ZL2 has been approved.

Good luck on the rebuild lads, see you in ZL1 in a year or two no doubt.

Roundball Enthusiast
10-03-2020, 08:10 PM
Congratz to Cookshill on being promoted to ZPL.

Kicktheball
10-03-2020, 08:58 PM
Who now fills the void in ZL1?

onlooker
10-03-2020, 09:20 PM
Who now fills the void in ZL1?

Hamilton Olympic go to ZL1

onlooker
10-03-2020, 09:22 PM
Good luck on the rebuild lads, see you in ZL1 in a year or two no doubt.
Cheers hopefully we can start to bring through some of the promising U/15’s and 16’s we have.

The Hacker
11-03-2020, 04:15 PM
Congratz to Cookshill on being promoted to ZPL.

I think this will make a stronger comp. is a revised draw out

The Hacker
01-05-2020, 08:44 PM
If we get the green light for a start at the end of May or early June. How many weeks will teams need as a preseason before the season starts

Imyourhero
01-05-2020, 10:06 PM
Double edged sword isn't it. More prep time = an increase in congested fixtures whereas less prep time = reduced congestion. Considering injury risk would be biggest worry I would probably prefer a couple weeks prep and then realistically treat the first 2-3 games as 'trials' physically and mentally rather than have a little extra training but have to play 3 games every week

Hurricane
01-05-2020, 10:09 PM
In the NPL this season, reserve grade and 18's are able to use 5 substitutions off the bench. Maybe adopting this rule for one season would alleviate a lot of pressure on fitness levels and injuries in the lower divisions

The Hacker
02-05-2020, 10:35 AM
In the NPL this season, reserve grade and 18's are able to use 5 substitutions off the bench. Maybe adopting this rule for one season would alleviate a lot of pressure on fitness levels and injuries in the lower divisions

I think that’s a fair idea. 2 weeks pre season then into it

Onyatoes
05-05-2020, 08:57 PM
In the NPL this season, reserve grade and 18's are able to use 5 substitutions off the bench. Maybe adopting this rule for one season would alleviate a lot of pressure on fitness levels and injuries in the lower divisions Does anyone know how some ZPL or ZL clubs will manage physical distancing rules if a comp re starts? Grounds like Kotara, Swansea, Connolly are public space. Is Newcastle Football leaning toward pulling the entire season for their Interdistrict clubs from 6s to Zone? Surely Senior Zone League games could be relocated to grounds with one entry/exit. Not NPL grounds but if Mayfield Girls are cancelled on Sundays could it host an alternate week and host Kotara? Garden Suburb? Administrators need to think big picture.

The Hacker
05-05-2020, 09:55 PM
Does anyone know how some ZPL or ZL clubs will manage physical distancing rules if a comp re starts? Grounds like Kotara, Swansea, Connolly are public space. Is Newcastle Football leaning toward pulling the entire season for their Interdistrict clubs from 6s to Zone? Surely Senior Zone League games could be relocated to grounds with one entry/exit. Not NPL grounds but if Mayfield Girls are cancelled on Sundays could it host an alternate week and host Kotara? Garden Suburb? Administrators need to think big picture.

I don’t think they pull that big a crowd that people can’t just spread out. Before the lockdown one of the original rules were 500 people in an outdoor area. This would cover it off

sammydog
06-05-2020, 10:44 AM
Does anyone know how some ZPL or ZL clubs will manage physical distancing rules if a comp re starts? Grounds like Kotara, Swansea, Connolly are public space. Is Newcastle Football leaning toward pulling the entire season for their Interdistrict clubs from 6s to Zone? Surely Senior Zone League games could be relocated to grounds with one entry/exit. Not NPL grounds but if Mayfield Girls are cancelled on Sundays could it host an alternate week and host Kotara? Garden Suburb? Administrators need to think big picture.

No plans that I have heard to pull the seasons for U6 through Zone. Once you get to U12's the issues for crowds are the same as Zone. If one comp goes ahead they all will.

I think the biggest issues for social distancing will be the mini-roos games. Going to need to be some big changes in scheduling at some of the bigger clubs to make that work.

Aegon
06-05-2020, 11:28 AM
No plans that I have heard to pull the seasons for U6 through Zone. Once you get to U12's the issues for crowds are the same as Zone. If one comp goes ahead they all will.

I think the biggest issues for social distancing will be the mini-roos games. Going to need to be some big changes in scheduling at some of the bigger clubs to make that work.

The National Cabinet meeting last Friday also said children's sport should be prioritized.
I'll be interested to see how the plans develop for miniroos, NPL youth & community football.

I'd put money on them all being started at roughly the same time.

The Hacker
31-05-2020, 10:29 PM
I hear some talk of not all 10 teams are going to play in this years comp once it starts back up. Could be a 7 or 8 team comp. Don’t blame any club for pulling out if it’s half a season with no final and clubs still having to pay full freight to the association. Plus all the other restriction.

riverboy
31-05-2020, 11:42 PM
I hear some talk of not all 10 teams are going to play in this years comp once it starts back up. Could be a 7 or 8 team comp. Don’t blame any club for pulling out if it’s half a season with no final and clubs still having to pay full freight to the association. Plus all the other restriction.

Big zoom meeting Monday night I'm hearing, yeah I heard a rumour lots of teams looking not certain starters for this year

The Hacker
01-06-2020, 12:31 AM
Big zoom meeting Monday night I'm hearing, yeah I heard a rumour lots of teams looking not certain starters for this year

ZPL is blokes that want to play decent football but enjoy the social side. If you can’t have the social side of it the majority of club will lose what makes them special

Jardelsimage
01-06-2020, 05:47 AM

Dudley is one pulling out i have heard, not just out of ZPL but all Dudley sides including juniors.
The other rumour on the weekend is the Suns?? anyone out there confirm or deny?

Aegon
01-06-2020, 08:02 AM
Dudley is one pulling out i have heard, not just out of ZPL but all Dudley sides including juniors.

Including juniors? wow. How many of those kids will be looking for clubs in a few weeks.

anfield
01-06-2020, 08:54 AM

It's just the Dudley ZPL and that clubs all age teams. The club based out of Redhead with the ZL3 and juniors is still in ATM. The ZL3 Will make a decision based on tonight's meeting. Although we feel July is too early to start giving the restrictions

MCG_1997
01-06-2020, 09:21 AM
Although Raymond Terrace is no longer in ZPL, but just for the information: The club pulled out all together from 2020 season. This includes miniroos all the way to all age, and ZL2.

Aegon
01-06-2020, 10:43 AM
Although Raymond Terrace is no longer in ZPL, but just for the information: The club pulled out all together from 2020 season. This includes miniroos all the way to all age, and ZL2.

Do you know what were the reasons behind pulling miniroos out? It's only a 14 week season for the kids and most clubs are still making plans to go ahead with the season.

MCG_1997
01-06-2020, 11:17 AM
Do you know what were the reasons behind pulling miniroos out? It's only a 14 week season for the kids and most clubs are still making plans to go ahead with the season.

I think complying with all Health regulations and guidelines seems to be nearly impossible for their committee members due to very limited number of manpower at the club. Specially the liability part of it if someone gets sick at their fields.

roundballsarebetter
01-06-2020, 11:27 AM

Ive heard rumours that there around another 10 clubs doing the same thing. A couple of ZPL clubs in that list

The requirements put in place by council and federations make it really hard. Things like training restrictions,no canteen and change rooms,constant cleaning of toilets, limit on parents, the list goes on.

There isnt even a locked in start date or finish so unsure how many rounds there even is. NSW health have not even agreed to NnSW footballs return to football plan.

Alot of clubs would struggle to get help to make sure they meet requirements which would leave them facing liability if someone was to get sick.

How many clubs share fields with cricket?. The planned season ends mid October which is pretty close to cricket season I think

oneeye
01-06-2020, 11:36 AM
Ive heard rumours that there around another 10 clubs doing the same thing. A couple of ZPL clubs in that list

The requirements put in place by council and federations make it really hard. Things like training restrictions,no canteen and change rooms,constant cleaning of toilets, limit on parents, the list goes on.

There isnt even a locked in start date or finish so unsure how many rounds there even is. NSW health have not even agreed to NnSW footballs return to football plan.

Alot of clubs would struggle to get help to make sure they meet requirements which would leave them facing liability if someone was to get sick.

How many clubs share fields with cricket?. The planned season ends mid October which is pretty close to cricket season I think

In addition I heard you are guaranteed same grade next year as you will not be punished if you don't play which is turning some clubs. . If we do play there will also be no promotion/relegation.

The Hacker
01-06-2020, 03:27 PM
In addition I heard you are guaranteed same grade next year as you will not be punished if you don't play which is turning some clubs. . If we do play there will also be no promotion/relegation.

With no promotion or relegation or finals what’s the point. Wipe the season and make next years season longer maybe. It’s no worth the federations or clubs risking liability for a comp with no meaning

Goatscheese
01-06-2020, 05:56 PM

I've heard Jesmond pulled out all their teams (I know they don't have a Zone team) because apparently they need a Covid Duty Officer to ensure social distancing and that this has to be the same person at every game on every day it can't be different people. No one was willing to give up every Friday night and the entire weekend to do it so they have pulled the plug.

Not sure if anyone can confirm if that is a requirement and if so if it has to be the same person for every game all weekend for the season?

That's the other thing and the cricket associations have been telling councils they will not budge and start later or have shorter seasons. Not sure why council can't tell them to **** off and cricket get more sway than a sport that has more participants and users of their fields (so pay more).

Johnno
01-06-2020, 09:51 PM
I've heard Jesmond pulled out all their teams (I know they don't have a Zone team) because apparently they need a Covid Duty Officer to ensure social distancing and that this has to be the same person at every game on every day it can't be different people. No one was willing to give up every Friday night and the entire weekend to do it so they have pulled the plug.

Not sure if anyone can confirm if that is a requirement and if so if it has to be the same person for every game all weekend for the season?

That's the other thing and the cricket associations have been telling councils they will not budge and start later or have shorter seasons. Not sure why council can't tell them to **** off and cricket get more sway than a sport that has more participants and users of their fields (so pay more).
That’s correct according to the guidelines regarding the Covid Duty Officer plus having club the appropriate measures applied. All these regulations are a massive impost on Community/Grassroots clubs.
In relation to cricket our club has been told the cricket will delay the start to late October if necessary.

Goatscheese
01-06-2020, 11:50 PM
That’s correct according to the guidelines regarding the Covid Duty Officer plus having club the appropriate measures applied. All these regulations are a massive impost on Community/Grassroots clubs.

Does it have to be the same person at every person at every match though? Can't be one person on Friday night, one person on Saturday and another on Sunday? Can it be one person Saturday mornings and then another take over in the afternoons?

Johnno
02-06-2020, 09:04 AM
Does it have to be the same person at every person at every match though? Can't be one person on Friday night, one person on Saturday and another on Sunday? Can it be one person Saturday mornings and then another take over in the afternoons?
Guidelines say that club must appoint a Covid safe duty officer does not reference officers

The Hacker
02-06-2020, 01:01 PM
After last nights meeting has there been any movement from any other clubs pulling the pin

rawr.
02-06-2020, 02:24 PM

Teams were told they had to supply one person - being the same person - for each of their games.

Goatscheese
02-06-2020, 09:05 PM
Teams were told they had to supply one person - being the same person - for each of their games.

Seems like they want their clubs to drop out. Only clubs with a volunteer who has no life on weekends and Friday nights will be able to go ahead.

Alan
03-06-2020, 09:07 AM

Hi rawr,

If this is the case I think the rules have been misinterpreted. There simply needs to be a COVID coordinator on site during games/training in the same way you need a WHS rep on site while a mine is operating. This is not always the same person. A club can train up/nominate as many people as they like, but they have to be trained and signed off as a (not THE) coordinator. Not many clubs will have the luxury of multiple people volunteering for the job, but I think its the only way to make it work.

A

Jardelsimage
03-06-2020, 11:10 AM
Hi rawr,

If this is the case I think the rules have been misinterpreted. There simply needs to be a COVID coordinator on site during games/training in the same way you need a WHS rep on site while a mine is operating. This is not always the same person. A club can train up/nominate as many people as they like, but they have to be trained and signed off as a (not THE) coordinator. Not many clubs will have the luxury of multiple people volunteering for the job, but I think its the only way to make it work.

A

correct Alan, WHS laws which are some of the stringent in the land, allow you to have multiple officers to police what needs to be done, seems like people are reading to much into it.

Jardelsimage
03-06-2020, 11:11 AM
Seems like they want their clubs to drop out. Only clubs with a volunteer who has no life on weekends and Friday nights will be able to go ahead.

3 grades one day per weekend, sure clubs can find a/many a volunteer to do ZPL.

Goatscheese
04-06-2020, 08:28 PM
3 grades one day per weekend, sure clubs can find a/many a volunteer to do ZPL.

That's Zone and I was more talking about clubs in all interdistrict comps. Though from what Northern NSW sent to clubs yesterday seems like Newcastle Football had given false information to their clubs about requirements and fines from police.

Barry Dawson
04-06-2020, 08:51 PM
No false information - just need to read the NNSW Guidelines - pretty clear.
What’s unclear though is NNSW’s guidance in terms of implementation
“Just do what you can” and “you don’t really have to implement the guidelines - they’re just guidance” isn’t the right message - why have the Guidelines at all - let clubs work it out.
The mis-information is coming from NNSW - who’s motivation is seemingly getting everyone back on the pitch so they can collect your money.

The Hacker
04-06-2020, 09:56 PM
“Just do what you can” and “you don’t really have to implement the guidelines - they’re just guidance” isn’t the right message - why have the Guidelines at all - let clubs work it out.
The mis-information is coming from NNSW - who’s motivation is seemingly getting everyone back on the pitch so they can collect your money.

It’s pretty ordinary they are trying to charge full price for clubs and players for half a comp

Jardelsimage
05-06-2020, 06:44 AM
It’s pretty ordinary they are trying to charge full price for clubs and players for half a comp

there not charging full price, there is a slight discount in all monies to be paid, rego and entry fee.
14/16 game comp is not half a comp either, if it currently stands as is, 9 teams in ZPL (Dudley out) that's 16 games. The ref fees, insurance, etc don't change all that much.
The main thing hurting clubs is/will be sponsorship money not coming in or being reduced.

mefa1984
05-06-2020, 04:03 PM
Has anybody heard any more rumours of clubs pulling out or just Dudley so far?

riverboy
05-06-2020, 09:46 PM
Has anybody heard any more rumours of clubs pulling out or just Dudley so far?

My contact at Warner's bay confirmed they officially pulled out today

Goatscheese
05-06-2020, 10:43 PM

Perhaps you can show where the return to play guidelines are?

Perhaps you can also show why we had Newcastle Football telling their clubs one thing leading to a number of clubs pulling out and Northern coming out and saying that some of it isn't true.

The Hacker
06-06-2020, 01:59 PM
Perhaps you can show where the return to play guidelines are?

Perhaps you can also show why we had Newcastle Football telling their clubs one thing leading to a number of clubs pulling out and Northern coming out and saying that some of it isn't true.

Agreed. I think clubs would of made the decision on original info eg. No canteens, full fees etc. now a few teams have pulled out the goalposts have moved. Very confusing for committees trying to decide.

Jardelsimage
09-06-2020, 10:01 AM
CCFC players wanted.
due to the late start, Covid, work, etc CCFC have some spots available in our squads for this season.
Training is kicking off tonight Tuesday 8th 630pm Cardiff Oval No2.
PM me for more details or call 0427254548
cheers folks.

FlatScreen
09-06-2020, 10:35 AM
Is there any legit news on who is in who is out? Is there going to be a ball kicked this year?

Are we arguing about guidelines or actual Public Health order? Because from what I understand only one has legal ramifications.

la bazzle
09-06-2020, 12:14 PM
Is there any legit news on who is in who is out? Is there going to be a ball kicked this year?

Are we arguing about guidelines or actual Public Health order? Because from what I understand only one has legal ramifications.

Clubs were supposed to notify by last friday, was discussed in the zone meeting last week. The only 2 I've heard of are WB and Dudley. But the other cut off date initially given was 12/6 so not sure if they are actually going with that rather than what the group suggested. 6 probably the minimum?

anfield
09-06-2020, 01:18 PM

The State Government still holds all the power in regards to a competition starting as they still haven't given a date to return to adult competitive sport. Until this happens adult sport can't commence.

Roundball Enthusiast
10-06-2020, 01:50 PM
The State Government still holds all the power in regards to a competition starting as they still haven't given a date to return to adult competitive sport. Until this happens adult sport can't commence.

Now announced.

Have heard Barnsley have also pulled the pin? (ZL1)

Premy
10-06-2020, 04:45 PM
If your club has pulled out of the season but you're still interested in playing send me a text or pm me on here.

Garden Suburb FC have a few limited spaces available.

Liam.

Shere Khan
15-06-2020, 04:51 PM
8 game comp for 3rds
Bloody expensive season😂😂😂

FlatScreen
16-06-2020, 01:52 PM
8 game comp for 3rds
Bloody expensive season������

So is ZPL down to 2 grades?

Who else is out?

Shere Khan
16-06-2020, 08:56 PM
Zpl have 8 teams in first and reserves and now 5 teams in 3rds.

The Hacker
17-06-2020, 07:34 AM
Zpl have 8 teams in first and reserves and now 5 teams in 3rds.

Expensive season in thirds for a player.

la bazzle
17-06-2020, 08:55 AM
3rds should play each other 3 times :)

#fixsmithpark
17-06-2020, 10:28 AM
Such a shame Azzuri won't get to face teams at full strength. At least teams have an excuse for when we romp it in.

#avoidthedrop

riverboy
17-06-2020, 10:54 AM
All these byes is getting ridiculous. Why didn't they just put teams with 3 grades in ZPL for this year only.
Sure that would mean Kotara South would be in ZL1 but for one year who really cares. Surely it's not that complicated.

They could have shuffled the decks to make up divisions. Hit all age teams to fill the gaps and if there is a bye, put it in zl2. Or chase up one of the clubs that pulled out to reconsider??

#fixsmithpark
17-06-2020, 11:09 AM
All these byes is getting ridiculous. Why didn't they just put teams with 3 grades in ZPL for this year only.
Sure that would mean Kotara South would be in ZL1 but for one year who really cares. Surely it's not that complicated.

They could have shuffled the decks to make up divisions. Hit all age teams to fill the gaps and if there is a bye, put it in zl2. Or chase up one of the clubs that pulled out to reconsider??

or they could just go down the path of least resistance and effort to organise. The above solution is bloody laughable.

Jardelsimage
17-06-2020, 11:17 AM
3rds should play each other 3 times :)

heads up, 3rds will be playing either 12 or 14 rounds, basically the same as 1st/reggies.

la bazzle
17-06-2020, 11:23 AM
heads up, 3rds will be playing either 12 or 14 rounds, basically the same as 1st/reggies.

Love this :wub:

riverboy
17-06-2020, 01:29 PM
Such a shame Azzuri won't get to face teams at full strength. At least teams have an excuse for when we romp it in.

#avoidthedrop

No this comment is laughable. This year won't count winning anyway with no Dudley or Warner's bay. A little like the Knights winning the 97 grand final, doesn't really count with no Brisbane or Canberra.

#fixsmithpark
17-06-2020, 02:11 PM
No this comment is laughable. This year won't count winning anyway with no Dudley or Warner's bay. A little like the Knights winning the 97 grand final, doesn't really count with no Brisbane or Canberra.

Can only play whats in front of ya champ. I reckon if you were in contention for the title you'd have a different attitude!

The Hacker
17-06-2020, 02:45 PM
Can only play whats in front of ya champ. I reckon if you were in contention for the title you'd have a different attitude!

What title. Best of a round robin gala

#fixsmithpark
18-06-2020, 01:45 PM
+1 Trophey for the Azzuri cabinet then.

Lofty
18-06-2020, 04:04 PM
Someone has to win the Covid Cup. Not any of the participating teams fault they got squads together and others didn't. With respect, not sure the last time Dudley or Warner's Bay won anything?

#fixsmithpark
26-06-2020, 11:37 AM
Score prediction Rd1

Swansea 0 - 3 Azzuri

Jardelsimage
29-06-2020, 11:08 AM
Kotara have just chickened out of the ZPL, fark this shit.

onlooker
29-06-2020, 12:52 PM

Pulled their team from playing or got themselves drop to ZL1?

How many teams are left now?

Source
29-06-2020, 04:24 PM

Useless in goals too.

I’ve seen him first hand speaks to his team mates like shit thinks he’s above everybody else good luck whoever signs him I pray to god Azzurri have sense than that

The Hacker
29-06-2020, 07:20 PM

This years gala is getting smaller and smaller

#fixsmithpark
30-06-2020, 03:40 PM
Poor form Kotara

holding_midfield
30-06-2020, 10:54 PM

didnt stop you trying to sign their players as soon as you heard 😂

Jardelsimage
01-07-2020, 06:41 AM
[QUOTE=holding_midfield;239635]didnt stop you trying to sign their players as soon as you heard ��[/QUOTE

well that's funny you say that, we did discuss if there were any we could drag over the hill, but chose not too, its a tiger thing.....then again you were right colours.
Not sure what your on about "sign their players", but the CCFC coaches haven't chased any of them, we have looked at players from other clubs who have folded, but not Kotara.

If our players have spoken to someone, 1st I've heard about it.

holding_midfield
01-07-2020, 12:52 PM
[QUOTE=holding_midfield;239635]didnt stop you trying to sign their players as soon as you heard ��[/QUOTE

well that's funny you say that, we did discuss if there were any we could drag over the hill, but chose not too, its a tiger thing.....then again you were right colours.
Not sure what your on about "sign their players", but the CCFC coaches haven't chased any of them, we have looked at players from other clubs who have folded, but not Kotara.

If our players have spoken to someone, 1st I've heard about it.

Haha only teasing mate, I'm sure it was just a few of the 1st graders tapping up some of our lads they knew.

In all seriousness, we tried our best to get on the park but it was just wasn't viable this year. Feels terrible to have disappointed all the football purists over at Azzurri, although strange that Dudley and WB didnt seem to cop any stick for pulling out.

Jardelsimage
01-07-2020, 04:07 PM
[QUOTE=Jardelsimage;239637]

Haha only teasing mate, I'm sure it was just a few of the 1st graders tapping up some of our lads they knew.

In all seriousness, we tried our best to get on the park but it was just wasn't viable this year. Feels terrible to have disappointed all the football purists over at Azzurri, although strange that Dudley and WB didnt seem to cop any stick for pulling out.

the stick might have something to do with the late pull out and on Azzurri what i hear we might as well fold the comp and give them whatever we are playing for, they keep saying they are that good.
In all seriousness also, if someone is looking for a game send them down, hahaha.

#fixsmithpark
01-07-2020, 08:17 PM
[QUOTE=holding_midfield;239644]

the stick might have something to do with the late pull out and on Azzurri what i hear we might as well fold the comp and give them whatever we are playing for, they keep saying they are that good.
In all seriousness also, if someone is looking for a game send them down, hahaha.

Oozing quality from the Azzurri camp!

Didn't Kotara pull out off the cup last year as well? Hope they take thier pulling out form to the bedroom!

#avoidthedrop

The Hacker
01-07-2020, 09:46 PM
[QUOTE=Jardelsimage;239646]

Oozing quality from the Azzurri camp!

Didn't Kotara pull out off the cup last year as well? Hope they take thier pulling out form to the bedroom!

#avoidthedrop

#avoidthedrop. Pretty sure you can’t get relegated after 12 friendlies. So you can relax this year mate

Jardelsimage
02-07-2020, 07:42 AM
#avoidthedrop. Pretty sure you can’t get relegated after 12 friendlies. So you can relax this year mate

what's with all the wrong tags on posts,

la bazzle
02-07-2020, 11:32 AM
[QUOTE=holding_midfield;239644]

We are looking real good in the main grade, kept most of our invincibles squad from last season and will be pushing to go back to back.

1st grade is a shamozzle

pv4
02-07-2020, 12:22 PM
We are looking real good in the main grade, kept most of our invincibles squad from last season and will be pushing to go back to back.

1st grade is a shamozzle

Finally some content we can all get around

Alton
02-07-2020, 02:23 PM
Surly Cardiff make the semis this year.

Jardelsimage
02-07-2020, 04:26 PM
Surly Cardiff make the semis this year.

definitely in 3rds

la bazzle
04-07-2020, 05:30 PM
Great wake up call for the blues today. 2-0 up vs Swansea. Give away a pen and fall to pieces losing 3-2. Huge credit to Swansea who turned on an absolute Masterclass in the 2nd half.

But in the main grade 4-3 win for Azzurri keeps the streak alive xx

Jardelsimage
04-07-2020, 05:43 PM
Mayfield v Cardiff

Res 4--0
1st 0--2

Retro Jet
04-07-2020, 07:04 PM
Beresfield v Cooks Hill
Pasadena Oval

Res 2 -2 (1-1)
1st 2-3 (1-2)

footballfan
04-07-2020, 07:14 PM
How did the pretenders (Azzurri) go against the Champions today?

fozphantom
04-07-2020, 07:22 PM

#avoidrelegation2020

:blush:

FlatScreen
06-07-2020, 12:12 PM
Score prediction Rd1

Swansea 0 - 3 Azzuri

This aged well...... Welcome to ZPL!!

chewyonyaboots
08-07-2020, 05:10 PM
Score prediction Rd1

Swansea 0 - 3 Azzuri

Not so chirpy now

Jardelsimage
09-07-2020, 07:02 AM
Bero v Cardiff 3rd grade

2--4

ForeverRed
09-07-2020, 09:02 AM
Bero v Cardiff 3rd grade

2--4
Six goal thriller

Jardelsimage
09-07-2020, 10:48 AM
Six goal thriller

yeh, na

Lofty
10-07-2020, 11:03 AM
Suns v Cooks Hill is now being played tonight at Newcastle Athletics Track
Ressies @ 6pm
Firsts @ 8pm

Retro Jet
11-07-2020, 06:20 AM
Cooks Hill v Suns
Athfield

Res C/Hill 2 v Suns 3 (1-1)
1st C/Hill 2 v Suns 1 (1-0)

Jardelsimage
11-07-2020, 07:45 PM
Cardiff v Bero
3rds 4--1
res 0--1
1st 3--1

la bazzle
12-07-2020, 08:55 AM
Blues v mayf

Ressies 3-2 mayf - disappointing to lose from 2-1 up but on the balance of play probably a fair result

Firsts 1-0 blues - fairly even game with neither team offering too much going forward until the second half when it opened up a bit for both

Jardelsimage
13-07-2020, 10:16 AM
great to see the Suns AA/3rd grade team going well in AA-A comp, playing all there home games before there ZPL side who couldn't put a 3rd grade side together.

Enough said, and people wonder why.....

Nou Camp
13-07-2020, 11:01 AM
great to see the Suns AA/3rd grade team going well in AA-A comp, playing all there home games before there ZPL side who couldn't put a 3rd grade side together.

the players wanted to play every weekend, not in a 5 team comp riddled with byes
information coming from the federation and other teams was that third grade may not even go ahead at all or games wouldn't all be played on the same day as ressies and firsts
decision was made to guarantee a game every weekend

Jardelsimage
13-07-2020, 11:16 AM
the players wanted to play every weekend, not in a 5 team comp riddled with byes
information coming from the federation and other teams was that third grade may not even go ahead at all or games wouldn't all be played on the same day as ressies and firsts
decision was made to guarantee a game every weekend

Geez i was always told 3rd grade would proceed no matter what in some form or another.
3rd grade have no byes, actually play more games than the others.....as before enough said...

The Hacker
13-07-2020, 11:22 AM
Geez i was always told 3rd grade would proceed no matter what in some form or another.
3rd grade have no byes, actually play more games than the others.....as before enough said...

I hate the Suns as much as the next bloke and would love to join the bagging. But I get where they come from who wants to play the same 4 teams over and over again.
There 3rd grade wasn’t that great so they shouldn’t romp in All Age. (I couldn’t help it I can’t be nice all post to them)

FlatScreen
13-07-2020, 03:10 PM

Doesn't sound like enough said.... How does the 3rd grade comp work? It's another comp inside a comp from what I could see online. Looks like an absolute farce.

How many alternate away and home games do you have with 3rds?

Jardelsimage
13-07-2020, 03:30 PM
The whole ZPL is a farce really, 7 teams, 3 without 3rds, it dosent help when clubs say, where in, good to play and then pull out. Comp is really irrelevant this year.
Maybe they should have opened it up to all those who had 3 grades and said those without you drop and no guarantee of ZPL next year, would clubs have found a grade or pulled the pin?
I think they would have.

Jardelsimage
13-07-2020, 03:31 PM
3rds play 14 games, 7 home, 7 away

idontwannaplaywithhowey
13-07-2020, 04:24 PM
Doesn't sound like enough said.... How does the 3rd grade comp work? It's another comp inside a comp from what I could see online. Looks like an absolute farce.

How many alternate away and home games do you have with 3rds?

You should check out the 3rd Grade comp in ZL1....
5 teams. You play 14 games.
This includes 2 friendlies v Reserve Grade teams (3rd grade teams are getting absolutely belted)
Otherwise you play each other 3rd grade side twice, except you play 1 other 3rd grade side 4 times.

chewyonyaboots
14-07-2020, 07:48 AM

Aw Poor darlin u going to be ok?

I’m in the same boat as the hacker
Suns suck but that 3rds grade comp set up is just horrible, something like 9 Wednesday night games? And only play 3different teams sounds sick..........

Pretty smart by the suns I’ll give them that

Jardelsimage
14-07-2020, 08:02 AM
Aw Poor darlin u going to be ok?

I’m in the same boat as the hacker
Suns suck but that 3rds grade comp set up is just horrible, something like 9 Wednesday night games? And only play 3different teams sounds sick..........

Pretty smart by the suns I’ll give them that

I'm OK, thanks for asking.
its 7 Wednesday night games and its about giving the boys a kick in the end, we all knew the comps were not going to be great from the start, all up its not about pulling out, but when clubs pulled out.

Is that good enough for you chewy?

Lofty
14-07-2020, 08:42 AM
The third grade situation was always going to be a difficult situation with teams pulling out. Our boys didn't want to play in a comp with four teams. As a club we had an option to either have no third grade team or put together an all age team in a reasonably normal comp. Then the logical thing was to play our home fixtures before our ressies because it was the only time our ground is available.
Hate all you want, but this was the only way we could keep as many of our boys happy as possible in the difficult circumstances. Sorry if our logic upset you lot.

Jardelsimage
14-07-2020, 10:27 AM
The third grade situation was always going to be a difficult situation with teams pulling out. Our boys didn't want to play in a comp with four teams. As a club we had an option to either have no third grade team or put together an all age team in a reasonably normal comp. Then the logical thing was to play our home fixtures before our ressies because it was the only time our ground is available.
Hate all you want, but this was the only way we could keep as many of our boys happy as possible in the difficult circumstances. Sorry if our logic upset you lot.

Hate, i have never said that or even implied that, shit you Suns must be paranoid.
Yes we also looked at that logic, only briefly though, but when clubs said they are in the 3rd grade comp we went with that, only to watch clubs pull out, not just 3rds but the whole comp.
As said earlier the whole comp is a shambles and really means nothing, i just think some teams took an easy out instead of doing the hard yards and that's my opinion.
cheers

Lofty
14-07-2020, 11:36 AM
Hate, i have never said that or even implied that, shit you Suns must be paranoid.
Yes we also looked at that logic, only briefly though, but when clubs said they are in the 3rd grade comp we went with that, only to watch clubs pull out, not just 3rds but the whole comp.
As said earlier the whole comp is a shambles and really means nothing, i just think some teams took an easy out instead of doing the hard yards and that's my opinion.
cheers

Nobody is paranoid. You started with an antagonistic post and then everyone throws in their two cents. You're the one going to the trouble, stalking all age comps and our results to start a conversation that's irrelevant to you. Move on. It's a disrupted season, stop worrying about what other people are doing.
I agree other clubs took the easy option out but it can't have been easy getting answers and commitments from all players with the deadlines set. It is what it is this year.

Jardelsimage
14-07-2020, 12:04 PM
Nobody is paranoid. You started with an antagonistic post and then everyone throws in their two cents. You're the one going to the trouble, stalking all age comps and our results to start a conversation that's irrelevant to you. Move on. It's a disrupted season, stop worrying about what other people are doing.
I agree other clubs took the easy option out but it can't have been easy getting answers and commitments from all players with the deadlines set. It is what it is this year.

ohhh Lofty, didn't stalk anyone, someone told me you had a AA-A team, are unbeaten and they were playing in front of ZPL.
I only asked the question about what was going on and gave my opinion when someone responded, this is a forum after all and the last i checked that's what you do on forum's.
I didn't bag you or say you suck, like others did, just a question Lofty, just a question, might have been a little antagonistic, but hey its 2020 everything anybody says now is takin as antagonistic.
cheers see you Saturday, maybe..

Lofty
14-07-2020, 12:24 PM
ohhh Lofty, didn't stalk anyone, someone told me you had a AA-A team, are unbeaten and they were playing in front of ZPL.
I only asked the question about what was going on and gave my opinion when someone responded, this is a forum after all and the last i checked that's what you do on forum's.
I didn't bag you or say you suck, like others did, just a question Lofty, just a question, might have been a little antagonistic, but hey its 2020 everything anybody says now is takin as antagonistic.
cheers see you Saturday, maybe..

No worries. Well you know the justification behind it. I'll be there, see you then :)

la bazzle
14-07-2020, 04:03 PM
Pretty smart of Suns to be fair. Would have liked to play them in thirds, but sound reasoning. This split teams and thirds playing on different nights thing is a shamozzle. Lucky we don't have suburbs around to stack

Lofty
14-07-2020, 04:17 PM
Pretty smart of Suns to be fair. Would have liked to play them in thirds, but sound reasoning. This split teams and thirds playing on different nights thing is a shamozzle. Lucky we don't have suburbs around to stack

It was purely to allow everyone to get a proper run in the circumstances. We 100% would have preferred to play in the regular third grade comp! Very glad we aren't dealing with mid week games, etc.
We were also looking forward to a kick with you lads. I'm sure that with two grades against you guys, it will be more than enjoyable for both clubs and neutrals!

la bazzle
14-07-2020, 04:27 PM
It was purely to allow everyone to get a proper run in the circumstances. We 100% would have preferred to play in the regular third grade comp! Very glad we aren't dealing with mid week games, etc.
We were also looking forward to a kick with you lads. I'm sure that with two grades against you guys, it will be more than enjoyable for both clubs and neutrals!

Pretty jealous we didn't think of it to be honest

Very keen for the Connolly Cup! You guys can have the canteen for both rounds :rof:

Lofty
14-07-2020, 04:35 PM
Pretty jealous we didn't think of it to be honest

Very keen for the Connolly Cup! You guys can have the canteen for both rounds :rof:

Our third grade game is 3pm at Cooks Hill for that first clash - not ideal!
I think when Corona passes, we will need to arrange something bigger for the fixture.

The Hacker
14-07-2020, 06:16 PM
Our third grade game is 3pm at Cooks Hill for that first clash - not ideal!
I think when Corona passes, we will need to arrange something bigger for the fixture.

I think when Corona passes we all want to see the hatred between the Suns and Dudley return. Best rivalry in Newcastle football with the pure dislike between both clubs. Best game to be a neutral

Lofty
14-07-2020, 08:00 PM
I think when Corona passes we all want to see the hatred between the Suns and Dudley return. Best rivalry in Newcastle football with the pure dislike between both clubs. Best game to be a neutral

So do we. Couldn’t believe they dogged the season. Would have been worth this fixture alone. Next year now!

Jardelsimage
16-07-2020, 01:47 PM
So do we. Couldn’t believe they dogged the season. Would have been worth this fixture alone. Next year now!

Lofty, how's Connelly Park looking after the rain this week, do you think we will get on, on Saturday?

The Hacker
16-07-2020, 03:30 PM
Lofty, how's Connelly Park looking after the rain this week, do you think we will get on, on Saturday?

If your lucky it might have soften the concrete that is Connelly Park

Lofty
17-07-2020, 08:55 AM

It was completely dry last night and concrete pitch softened up. Will be sweet! Game will be on 100%

Jardelsimage
17-07-2020, 09:58 AM
It was completely dry last night and concrete pitch softened up. Will be sweet! Game will be on 100%

all good,

Lofty
18-07-2020, 05:58 PM
Suns vs Cardiff
Ressies 3-2
Firsts 3-2

Suns vs Mayfield
AA/A 2-0

la bazzle
18-07-2020, 11:17 PM
Blues v bero

3rds 5-1 blues
Res 2-0 blues
1sts 4-1 blues

Good for ressies to get some points finally

The Hacker
24-07-2020, 11:04 PM
Who is playing the friendlies this week

Retro Jet
25-07-2020, 12:03 PM
Last night...

Cooks Hill v Swansea
Athfield

Res: C/Hill 0 v Swansea 4 (0-2)
1st C/Hill 1 v Swansea 1 (1-1)

salmon
25-07-2020, 06:55 PM
Azzurri vs. Suns

First Grade
Azzurri - 2
Suns - 1

Reserves Grade
Azzurri - 3
Suns - 0

Lofty
01-08-2020, 06:20 PM
Suns v Mayfield
Firsts 3-2
Ressies 2-3

All age v Merewether
1-3

Jardelsimage
02-08-2020, 07:26 PM
cookers v Cardiff
reggies 1-3
1st 2-5

ABCDEF
05-08-2020, 03:36 PM
Have heard a rumour that Hamilton Azzurri have plans to go into NewFM in the coming seasons. Is this true? If so, how will they go about sorting out ground and juniors issues that come with Newfm.

mge61
05-08-2020, 04:32 PM
No chance they haven’t got the people committed enough to run a NewFM club. They are lucky to have 3 people on board doing multiple roles now. Million to one.

Alton
05-08-2020, 04:34 PM
No chance they haven’t got the people committed enough to run a NewFM club. They are lucky to have 3 people on board doing multiple roles now. Million to one.

No chance

la bazzle
05-08-2020, 09:36 PM
Have heard a rumour that Hamilton Azzurri have plans to go into NewFM in the coming seasons. Is this true? If so, how will they go about sorting out ground and juniors issues that come with Newfm.

Not just plans. I’ve heard locked in.

mge61
05-08-2020, 09:56 PM
Tell ‘em they’re dreamin’.

ABCDEF
05-08-2020, 10:36 PM
Not just plans. I’ve heard locked in.

Locked in for next season or a later date?

Swanky
06-08-2020, 08:32 AM
Locked in for next season or a later date?

2035 when they build there dream stadium at smith park

samcan
06-08-2020, 11:23 AM
2035 when they build there dream stadium at smith park

They will share Newcastle Academy at Smith park. Just like Speers point :lulzturtle:

la bazzle
06-08-2020, 01:28 PM
They will share Newcastle Academy at Smith park. Just like Speers point :lulzturtle:

Once we get the pokies installed we’ll be sweet

The Hacker
06-08-2020, 02:46 PM

They got to win a comp first

pv4
06-08-2020, 04:18 PM
They got to win a comp first

They bypassed an entire Zone League competition so there is nothing to say they can't be promoted without winning a comp.

If they have the infrastructure, backing and intent, and can prove it to NNSW and co in comparison to other existing and/or prospective clubs, it is impossible to completely rule it out regardless of what happens on the pitch.

Source
08-08-2020, 07:01 PM
Yes we’ll kahiba did it and they finished last didn’t they and Azzurri have the juniors as well I think

CHAMP
08-08-2020, 08:25 PM
Surely Swansea FC has to get a look in before Azzurri, they won the 2019 GF and currently they are top of the 2020 table in 1sts and 2nds.

The Hacker
08-08-2020, 09:21 PM
Surely Swansea FC has to get a look in before Azzurri, they won the 2019 GF and currently they are top of the 2020 table in 1sts and 2nds.

That’s what 2nd division needs. Belswans and Swansea in the same comp be a little serious

EwoodPark
09-08-2020, 08:30 AM

Or maybe even the club who has won 3 of the past 4 premierships?

Jardelsimage
09-08-2020, 09:09 AM
Swansea v Cardiff
3rds 3--2
res 3--2
1st 3--0

CHAMP
09-08-2020, 09:38 AM
Who?

Alton
10-08-2020, 11:48 AM
That’s what 2nd division needs. Belswans and Swansea in the same comp be a little serious

Not gunna happen unless Belswans drop back a grade

la bazzle
10-08-2020, 12:33 PM
Azzurri vs C Hill both grades 1-1 draw due to C Hill withdrawing for COVID safety concerns.

Would love to get peoples thoughts on this.

boz-monaut
10-08-2020, 12:47 PM
Cooks Hill took the precaution on Thursday to call all games off - too many teams were going to have to pull out and too many people involved in the club were exposed or potentially exposed

playing any game under those conditions was not feasible

I imagine theres folks in Azzurri who feel differently but two games out of nearly a hundred doesn't make a difference to the decision making

la bazzle
10-08-2020, 12:51 PM
Cooks Hill took the precaution on Thursday to call all games off - too many teams were going to have to pull out and too many people involved in the club were exposed or potentially exposed

playing any game under those conditions was not feasible

I imagine theres folks in Azzurri who feel differently but two games out of nearly a hundred doesn't make a difference to the decision making

Oh don't get me wrong we understand the decision making process behind CHill and very much respect that they did so.

I just find the decision that if an individual grade pulls out it's a 3-0 forfeit, but if a club as a whole pulls out it's a 1-1 draw?

boz-monaut
10-08-2020, 12:58 PM
if anyone pulls out for reasons related to Covid then it's a 1-1 draw

no one is stupid or unethical enough to do that to throw a game - plus its counter productive - we only get 14 games, pulling out means you miss out entirely