PDA

View Full Version : 2020 NEW FM Northern League 1 thread

boz-monaut
07-01-2020, 08:23 PM
discussion starts here

Captain_Carl
11-01-2020, 11:08 AM
discussion starts here

The winners of the U13 competition this season will be Northern Inland. Mark my words.

MFKS
11-01-2020, 11:29 AM
The winners of the U13 competition this season will be Northern Inland. Mark my words

Done

Aegon
11-01-2020, 11:34 AM
The winners of the U13 competition this season will be Northern Inland. Mark my words.

Why aren't they in NPL?

Captain_Carl
11-01-2020, 07:44 PM
Why aren't they in NPL?

I am not talking about all age groups, just U13 for this year. My guess is that Northern want to see commitment from them over some time before granting them an NPL Youth licence.

Hunter403
12-01-2020, 09:18 AM
Northern Inland have been invited in the past but couldn't field teams in all ages. I guess NEWFM is a trial for them. Perhaps NEWFM is the right place to start as Mid North Coast in the NPL struggle in all ages. North Coast are a little better

Goatscheese
12-01-2020, 07:35 PM
Why aren't they in NPL?

That would create a bye again in Youth NPL and keep a bye in youth NewFM, can't do that. Anyway Kahibah 13s will dominate the comp this year.

Captain_Carl
14-01-2020, 07:05 AM
That would create a bye again in Youth NPL and keep a bye in youth NewFM, can't do that. Anyway Kahibah 13s will dominate the comp this year.

In 13s Kahibah will dominate all but Northern Inland. Just wait and see.

Goatscheese
14-01-2020, 09:15 PM
In 13s Kahibah will dominate all but Northern Inland. Just wait and see.

Well Northern Inland are allowed to play 15yos in the 13s so they probably will

Aegon
15-01-2020, 10:18 AM

How does that work?

Captain_Carl
15-01-2020, 02:52 PM

Northern Inland 13s are not a new team. They played U12s in the Metro SAP comp last year. I doubt they would need any new players let alone 15s. I can’t see how that would be allowed.

Goatscheese
15-01-2020, 10:24 PM
How does that work?

Northern Inland 13s are not a new team. They played U12s in the Metro SAP comp last year. I doubt they would need any new players let alone 15s. I can’t see how that would be allowed.

It's in the regulations I would post a link but Northern posted the WPL one under NEWFM regs.

Basically if they are female you can have them up to two years older. That's for all youth teams.

anfield
05-02-2020, 11:36 PM
Is Jobe just playing for Toronto this weekend only or for the season?

Aegon
06-02-2020, 08:14 AM
Is Jobe just playing for Toronto this weekend only or for the season?

For the season apparently

https://www.facebook.com/TorontoAwabaStagsFootballClub/posts/it-is-with-great-pleasure-that-we-welcome-back-to-the-stags-jobe-wheelhouse-jobe/23117044***45613/

GO AWAY
09-02-2020, 08:52 PM
For the season.... great to have him home... on the newsfront
Toronto Awaba 3 Apia 20s 1
Darren Stewart Cup
Great game and great day

YewYew
10-02-2020, 07:28 AM
For the season.... great to have him home... on the newsfront
Toronto Awaba 3 Apia 20s 1
Darren Stewart Cup
Great game and great day

Is Jobe coaching at Toronto this season? If yes what age groups?

GO AWAY
11-02-2020, 07:33 AM
I'm not too sure to be honest, think along with the normal youth coordinator, over seeing the youth program and doing some clinics for Toronto, Westlakes and Morisset kids

Negative Police
13-02-2020, 11:23 PM
Wish theyd fill the roster and ditch the bye

GO AWAY
15-02-2020, 02:43 PM
Who won ZPL last year, why not promote them ... is it that hard ?

Imyourhero
15-02-2020, 03:00 PM
Criteria?

#fixsmithpark
15-02-2020, 05:27 PM
Criteria?

How about azzuri we are going to dominate zpl. Our all star NPL front line will be having a field day week in weekout against these peanuts

Goatscheese
16-02-2020, 06:02 PM

Apparently it is difficult for any promotion/relegation system in Newcastle.

Kicktheball
17-02-2020, 05:04 AM

You will find that the ZPL competition is stronger then the NewFM..

Hunter403
17-02-2020, 06:49 AM

ZPL clubs would need to meet NEWFM criteria (not unlike NPL) plus raise 13 -16 year old teams and get SAP up and running. A big task that some ZPL teams could manage but others couldn't. So, like NEWFM to NPL promotion, if all can't do it then there will be no promotion / relegation.

Aegon
17-02-2020, 09:46 AM
ZPL clubs would need to meet NEWFM criteria (not unlike NPL) plus raise 13 -16 year old teams and get SAP up and running. A big task that some ZPL teams could manage but others couldn't. So, like NEWFM to NPL promotion, if all can't do it then there will be no promotion / relegation.

Not all NewFM clubs run SAP?

GO AWAY
17-02-2020, 10:53 AM
Criteria?

Oh yeah I forgot new lambton and thorntons facilities were so much better then swanseas.... time nnsw made some common sense calls and not have a bye in Newfm. I will stand corrected if it wasn't swansea that won minor premiership.....

#fixsmithpark
17-02-2020, 11:47 AM
Oh yeah I forgot new lambton and thorntons facilities were so much better then swanseas.... time nnsw made some common sense calls and not have a bye in Newfm. I will stand corrected if it wasn't swansea that won minor premiership.....

Done abit of research on who may take less of a beating from us this year by going through the competition history.... Seems Mayfield won the last few minor premierships.

#Survivethedrop

Jardelsimage
17-02-2020, 12:29 PM
Done abit of research on who may take less of a beating from us this year by going through the competition history.... Seems Mayfield won the last few minor premierships.

#Survivethedrop

wrong comp mate, try the ZPL thread...

onlooker
17-02-2020, 12:30 PM

Mayfield Premiers Swansea GF winners

Jardelsimage
17-02-2020, 12:45 PM

you all don't get it, no matter what criteria you meet, or whatever sap, tap or any programs you have Northern will do what they want.
They have for years and will continue to do so until they are given a shake up at the dump they call the centre of excellence.

Cookers should have went into the top grade with say 3 others, made it a 14 team comp with 1st, reserve, U19's and youth programs below that? it is 10 currently isn't it? that's how much attention I pay to it.
2HD comp should be abolished let Macquarie, newcastle and upper hunter run the zone or as they call it now, community comps.
Every say 5 years doors open to apply for the top grade, if you meet what they want or are not performing boom , up or down you go....
simples.....

#fixsmithpark
17-02-2020, 03:28 PM

nah mate right thread.....

fozphantom
21-02-2020, 11:41 PM
nah mate right thread.....

fook mi
seems my job on here lately is calling out shit thread trolls

Jardel had it in 1. Wrong thread for ya ZPL drible.
#fixsmithpark? FML
I walked connolly a few weeks ago and it's an abortion,oh, the cricket pitch is ok though,. well, the bits around it are ok for soccer at least
nobody from eitehr club using it could be arsed to get over there during the spring/summer and water a bit or chuck some grass seed down or heaven forbid turf those goal mouths
try harder - try hard

#fixsmithpark
22-02-2020, 08:39 PM
fook mi
seems my job on here lately is calling out shit thread trolls

Jardel had it in 1. Wrong thread for ya ZPL drible.
#fixsmithpark? FML
I walked connolly a few weeks ago and it's an abortion,oh, the cricket pitch is ok though,. well, the bits around it are ok for soccer at least
nobody from eitehr club using it could be arsed to get over there during the spring/summer and water a bit or chuck some grass seed down or heaven forbid turf those goal mouths
try harder - try hard

Maybe go back and read the thread ya toss :wanker::wanker:

Thinking maybe the comments about our ground could be put in the zpl forum, just sayin

#survivethedrop

Alton
24-02-2020, 01:20 PM
you all don't get it, no matter what criteria you meet, or whatever sap, tap or any programs you have Northern will do what they want.
They have for years and will continue to do so until they are given a shake up at the dump they call the centre of excellence.

Cookers should have went into the top grade with say 3 others, made it a 14 team comp with 1st, reserve, U19's and youth programs below that? it is 10 currently isn't it? that's how much attention I pay to it.
2HD comp should be abolished let Macquarie, newcastle and upper hunter run the zone or as they call it now, community comps.
Every say 5 years doors open to apply for the top grade, if you meet what they want or are not performing boom , up or down you go....
simples.....

I agree with the part about offloading NL1, it isn't doing what the Fed want, no obvious clubs developing to make the step up,oh and hang on before everyone says what about Cookers? have a think about it, they cannot possibly put them up with the Athletics track as their home ground.

Jardelsimage
24-02-2020, 03:30 PM
I agree with the part about offloading NL1, it isn't doing what the Fed want, no obvious clubs developing to make the step up,oh and hang on before everyone says what about Cookers? have a think about it, they cannot possibly put them up with the Athletics track as their home ground.

You wouldn't think so, they could always try for no2, the union boys wont be around for that much longer.

Barry Dawson
24-02-2020, 03:51 PM
You wouldn't think so, they could always try for no2, the union boys wont be around for that much longer.
Now you engage with the archaic beauracratic machine that is Newcastle City Council.
For all the issues that NNSW have, Council will trump every time with something even more indescribable.
The biggest challenge for any club trying to get through the glass ceiling into the Premier Comps (NPL or NL1) will be these bunch of oxygen thieves.

holding_midfield
24-02-2020, 04:55 PM
Kotara ZPL have an opening for a 1st Grade goalkeeper - any interested parties, please contact Head Coach Brad Gallard 0408431525. Cheers.

GO AWAY
24-02-2020, 07:06 PM
Toronto Awaba v Lake Macquarie
Tuesday
Reserves 6pm
1st Grade 7-30pm
Macquarie Field

fozphantom
25-02-2020, 09:35 AM
How about azzuri we are going to dominate zpl. Our all star NPL front line will be having a field day week in weekout against these peanuts

Maybe go back and read the thread ya toss :wanker::wanker:

Thinking maybe the comments about our ground could be put in the zpl forum, just sayin

#surviveZPL

So, you come in here with non relevant thread content, get called out by foz royalty for it then clutch at straws with a hollow smear when someone calls you out on the main reason you and you NPL has beens are stuck in football mediocrity until you get your shit together as far as a ground is concerned.
KUTGW chump and put your finger typing energy into writing for grants. Like it or not, that's what's going to get your @rsebandits up the food chain. Just sayin'
Anyhoo.

Any results from trials? Hear theres a few NL1 (and not ZPL) clubs getting trial times with NPL clubs.

onlooker
25-02-2020, 09:53 AM
I think if you read back through the thread he was responding to the question of someone coming up from ZPL to fill the bye. And his suggestion was Azzurri should fill the spot because they are going to walk in the premiership this year with there star studded lineup against the peanuts in ZPL...

#fixsmithpark
25-02-2020, 11:47 AM
I think if you read back through the thread he was responding to the question of someone coming up from ZPL to fill the bye. And his suggestion was Azzurri should fill the spot because they are going to walk in the premiership this year with there star studded lineup against the peanuts in ZPL...

oppaaaa!!! someone who can actually read and comprehend what is in front of them, gold star for you.

@fozphantom go back and read the thread..... take your time :wanker::wanker:

#avoidthedrop2020
#italy

fozphantom
25-02-2020, 04:49 PM
oppaaaa!!! someone who can actually read and comprehend what is in front of them, gold star for you.

@fozphantom go back and read the thread..... take your time :wanker::wanker:

#avoidthedrop2020
#italy

Yep. Time already taken when I posted the first time.
boz opens page 1 with NewFM NL1 thread - so read into that what you will.
End of pg 1 ZPL gets a mention and straight up criteria is the issue Then you chime in
with your gf penalty missing mates as an option for nl1. :rof: Wants to walk before he can crawl.
No ground - (#shitPark or Connolly) that makes NL1/NPL criteria (love it or hate it) and no hope of ever filling competitive junior age groups

I'd concentrate on beating Swansea in the first round dude. Cause I can tell you they aren't going to lie down.
Swansea, Mayfield & Dudley your first 3 games. Oh dear. That should sort the shit from the clay straight up.
For the record, I talk to a lot of people in local football and they ain't exactly laughing with you with your antics the last few years.
Geezuz even committee people there at hamilton despise your crap
So keep up dodging the truth bombs mate and keep the green emoticons cumming. Suits you
:deadhorse:

#fixsmithpark
26-02-2020, 11:55 AM
boz opens page 1 with NewFM NL1 thread - so read into that what you will.

No issues here, shed some light please

End of pg 1 ZPL gets a mention and straight up criteria is the issue Then you chime in
with your gf penalty missing mates as an option for nl1. Wants to walk before he can crawl.

Was good to be playing on the day, not sure you could say the same?

No ground - (#shitPark or Connolly) that makes NL1/NPL criteria (love it or hate it) and no hope of ever filling competitive junior age groups

Just one of the hurdles we will jump over ;)

I'd concentrate on beating Swansea in the first round dude. Cause I can tell you they aren't going to lie down.Swansea, Mayfield & Dudley your first 3 games. Oh dear. That should sort the shit from the clay straight up.

easy peazy

For the record, I talk to a lot of people in local football and they ain't exactly laughing with you with your antics the last few years.
Geezuz even committee people there at hamilton despise your crap
So keep up dodging the truth bombs mate and keep the green emoticons cumming. Suits you

Hard to believe people aren't onboard with such a family and community freindly club like ours. The committee comment actually got a lol out of me

boz-monaut
26-02-2020, 01:05 PM
everyone needs to cut the bitching out - next whinge gets a ban

#fixsmithpark
26-02-2020, 01:38 PM
everyone needs to cut the bitching out - next whinge gets a ban

no whinging here, was somewhat rail roaded whilst trying to join in the conversation.

Thanks!

finzee
26-02-2020, 08:38 PM
Then you chime in with your gf penalty missing mates

rofl. The VB ultras certainly add some colour to any division. Could be the next club into Newfm and get rid of the bye.

Smith Park for Newcastle football centre of excellence. Come on Nelmes get off your hairbrush and camera and sign it up.

Aegon
28-02-2020, 11:15 AM
Smith Park for Newcastle football centre of excellence. Come on Nelmes get off your hairbrush and camera and sign it up.

Never going to happen.
NCC's plan:

Designate Adamstown No 1, Darling St Oval and Arthur Edden Oval as venues for NPL games
Utilise National Park No 2 Sportsground as a venue for NPL games. Prioritise highest level of competition/events in all rectangular field sports when allocating use
Ensure infrastructure at these grounds complies with NPL standards
Develop a Master Plan to guide development of Arthur Edden Oval as a football centre of excellence and venue for NPL competition games (including possible synthetic surface)
Progressively upgrade other grounds - playing surfaces, lighting, amenities, drainage/irrigation - in accordance with criteria to be developed (e.g. budget, designated hierarchy, usage levels, condition audits and code standards)
Include football in the development of additional shared use fields as part of new land provision in the western growth corridor.

Onyatoes
03-03-2020, 05:17 PM
Ground usage and allocation of grounds to stakeholders should become clear within a couple of weeks. Expect a few draw adjustments in NPL and NL1 and a few plans that will certainly resemble what it is that you suggest here. All though will not be as clear as it currently is, no Cooks Hill and no New Lambton was not part of NNSWFs grand plan. Ask yourself the question, if cash is being thrown around, is it coincidence that Olympic and Magic have all of a sudden embraced WPL? The clubs with a viable WPL and Youth will lead the way off the park in the eyes of those giving grants......

Goatscheese
03-03-2020, 09:43 PM
Ground usage and allocation of grounds to stakeholders should become clear within a couple of weeks. Expect a few draw adjustments in NPL and NL1 and a few plans that will certainly resemble what it is that you suggest here. All though will not be as clear as it currently is, no Cooks Hill and no New Lambton was not part of NNSWFs grand plan. Ask yourself the question, if cash is being thrown around, is it coincidence that Olympic and Magic have all of a sudden embraced WPL? The clubs with a viable WPL and Youth will lead the way off the park in the eyes of those giving grants......

Of course everyone knows that those two clubs have taken the WPL clubs to get more money.

Though it is a shame that clubs won't have home grounds if just Darling Street, Arthur Edden, Adamstown and #2

Goatscheese
03-03-2020, 09:45 PM
Meanwhile Toronto have pulled out of the U13s, U14s and U15s which is a blow for the youth. Surely they should have the players with plenty of feeder clubs. Singleton also pulled out of U16s.

Hunter403
03-03-2020, 09:52 PM
Meanwhile Toronto have pulled out of the U13s, U14s and U15s which is a blow for the youth. Surely they should have the players with plenty of feeder clubs. Singleton also pulled out of U16s.

You're kidding? Put them out of the NEWFM in all grades. Not good enough.

This is the second time in a few seasons that Toronto have failed to field out teams in all grades.

Johnno
03-03-2020, 10:47 PM

This is the second time in a few seasons that Toronto have failed to field out teams in all grades.

The whole model is broken there will be more withdrawals once teams in youth start to get hammered week in week out. There is not enough quality youth to go around for that matter probably not enough seniors as well. Northern had a chance to really change it up but did nothing really. Didn’t even move the deck chairs on the boat.

The Postman
04-03-2020, 06:36 AM
Can pretty much 100% guarantee that Toronto’s “feeder” clubs have teams in those age groups. But the quality is lacking. What coach/club offical could stand by and send kids that are way below the standard into a Premier Club set up. Most teams at those clubs would be mixed with boys and girls and majority of them kids are just in it for the fun.

Realistically, as this has always been the way, now it just happens even earlier (SAP) - the good kids from the Westlakes area are already playing in town at NPL clubs.

And unless NNSW implement a “play where you live” policy I don’t think Toronto, Morisset or Westlakes will ever get to the point of having quality youth teams.

The Hacker
04-03-2020, 08:43 AM

It’s a joke. Newfm should ditch the junior BS as criteria and have the 10 or 12 best senior clubs outside of NPL. As long as the ground is ok it should be on senior teams. This way the comp wouldn’t be a joke and a 2 horse race each year. When the top teams in ZPL can beat and draw the top Newfm teams each preseason and don’t bother playing the lower ones cause it’s no completion the comps broken

ForeverRed
04-03-2020, 08:44 AM
Can pretty much 100% guarantee that Toronto’s “feeder” clubs have teams in those age groups. But the quality is lacking. What coach/club offical could stand by and send kids that are way below the standard into a Premier Club set up. Most teams at those clubs would be mixed with boys and girls and majority of them kids are just in it for the fun.

Realistically, as this has always been the way, now it just happens even earlier (SAP) - the good kids from the Westlakes area are already playing in town at NPL clubs.

And unless NNSW implement a “play where you live” policy I don’t think Toronto, Morisset or Westlakes will ever get to the point of having quality youth teams.

That’s how it was when I was a kid, I had a choice of 4 clubs in my area, it worked then, some quality players from my era

GO AWAY
04-03-2020, 08:54 AM
Toronto Awaba have drew Cessnock, defeated Apia and lost close games with NPL clubs Valo and lakes, so we are fine in the seniors it’s when you are so far down the youth system, say 11 npl teams and 5 newfm teams ( for argument sake ) that’s 16 x 13 kids already elsewhere at each age group, kid number 200 in the pecking order has no intention of playing in a higher level. And would rather just play for the junior clubs. Toronto tried hard including contacts, meetings and sessions with the Morisett 14s side, only to learn half didn’t want to play at a higher level, some had already signed at other clubs outside the area and some just weren’t good enough for newfm anyway. Toronto midfield this year will consist of three Toronto juniors, but all three went through NPL youth and grade before coming back, but all just still 21 so that’s where the future starts at Toronto at the moment. The 16-21 age bracket ... not u13.... the club turns 100 next year so once they find an aggressive youth coordinator they will be fine.

GO AWAY
04-03-2020, 08:55 AM
That’s how it was when I was a kid, I had a choice of 4 clubs in my area, it worked then, some quality players from my era

Bring it back then, the area would be very strong.

Hunter403
04-03-2020, 09:52 AM
So where are the youth teams from last year? Why have those kids walked? Cost? Culture? Surely all those Toronto teams didn't finish last in 2019.

NEWFM needs youth grades. The talent pool, is too small and it needs growing. It will take time, but a strong second tier youth league is as important as a strong senior second tier league.

If Toronto (or anyone else for that matter) can't field the teams, open the spot to a ZPL side that can.

Alton
04-03-2020, 01:33 PM
So where are the youth teams from last year? Why have those kids walked? Cost? Culture? Surely all those Toronto teams didn't finish last in 2019.

NEWFM needs youth grades. The talent pool, is too small and it needs growing. It will take time, but a strong second tier youth league is as important as a strong senior second tier league.

If Toronto (or anyone else for that matter) can't field the teams, open the spot to a ZPL side that can.

Youth teams in NPL only get rid of it in League 1

Hunter403
04-03-2020, 03:57 PM
Youth teams in NPL only get rid of it in League 1

If you do, you will never get promotion and relegation from NPL. The NPL clubs would scream blue murder if the kids they had spent years on upped and left to a newly promoted second tier club because first grade got them demoted.

Imagine an Olympic, Magic, Jaffas etc getting demoted from NPL for, say a South Cardiff or Wallsend, and having all four youth teams walk out the door to go to the newly promoted club. They would never agree.

Without youth grades, there will never be promotion and relegation into NPL.

Goatscheese
04-03-2020, 08:22 PM

They didn't all finish last and some had some quality players in their side. I understand the U13s last year were all going to come back but the coach said he couldn't commit to another year so some just left to play community. The new coach was turning out to be poor and drove more players away. No idea what happened to the 15s or why they were unable to get a 13s side.

Exactly, you just become a pub side league if you get rid of them and people advocating for it are living in the past. It hurts the NPL youth and keeps more talent down in community sides. NewFM youth players do get selected for NPL the following year because they get the experience at the level NewFM is, others dropping out may go back to NewFM and then go back up because of the quality they can get at NewFM. Getting rid of it is a silly idea but then again NNSWF not wanting to give the NewFM clubs something to push for such as promotion isn't helping the league either.

Roundball Enthusiast
05-03-2020, 09:37 AM
Exactly, you just become a pub side league if you get rid of them and people advocating for it are living in the past. It hurts the NPL youth and keeps more talent down in community sides. NewFM youth players do get selected for NPL the following year because they get the experience at the level NewFM is, others dropping out may go back to NewFM and then go back up because of the quality they can get at NewFM. Getting rid of it is a silly idea but then again NNSWF not wanting to give the NewFM clubs something to push for such as promotion isn't helping the league either.

There would be several community youth squads that would dominate NewFM youth teams. Don't get caught up thinking you're the best squad out there because you play in an 'elite' senior team. It simply means your parents are rich enough and you have enough ability to fit into a 2nd tier 15/16 person youth squad.

Aegon
05-03-2020, 11:01 AM
There would be several community youth squads that would dominate NewFM youth teams. Don't get caught up thinking you're the best squad out there because you play in an 'elite' senior team. It simply means your parents are rich enough and you have enough ability to fit into a 2nd tier 15/16 person youth squad.

Ouch...

ForeverRed
05-03-2020, 11:22 AM
Not to sure you’re right about this, I haven’t seen to many goods teams running around community clubs, after witnessing a few community grand finals last year it was fairly horrendous

Onyatoes
05-03-2020, 12:22 PM
There is so much narrow minded drivel floating around these forums. I wonder if anyone here actually Coaches or runs a club. Toronto cutting 3 teams a week before the comp is embarrassing. Last year they were forfeiting 23s, Wallsend pulled teams, Cessnock should have and Belswans the year before couldn't field 14s. Really, look at the greater club at Toronto, and a few others for that matter. They have been in a second tier for way too long and NNSWF don't care. In fact, where is the management from NNSWF around identifying that this club was once again in dire straits. Other clubs will follow and cut teams once the 5 or 6 clubs with strong Youth start to put up cricket scores. Half the NL1 comp is a rabble, the ZPL isn't much better albeit a few top ZPL teams would compete with bottom NL1. FFA Cup last year saw ZPL teams well off the mark against better NL1. All the talk about grounds and facilities will be folly once the ground sharing occurs in Newcastle Council areas which will see all codes sharing. Lake Macquarie reviewing also. Then second tier clubs who have their shit in order will strengthen a very weak NPL. As for the Toronto's, chook raffle and a few beers after the game in ZPL boys!!!! NNSWF have an emergency on its hands. How they react will shape whatever a viable NPL looks like. Ps. Toronto beat APIA 20s, who sent their 18s as a default to honour Darren Stewart, let's call it for what it is.

Onyatoes
05-03-2020, 12:26 PM
Dominate? Champ you have cooked a few too many BBQs.

Alton
05-03-2020, 12:38 PM
There is so much narrow minded drivel floating around these forums. I wonder if anyone here actually Coaches or runs a club. Toronto cutting 3 teams a week before the comp is embarrassing. Last year they were forfeiting 23s, Wallsend pulled teams, Cessnock should have and Belswans the year before couldn't field 14s. Really, look at the greater club at Toronto, and a few others for that matter. They have been in a second tier for way too long and NNSWF don't care. In fact, where is the management from NNSWF around identifying that this club was once again in dire straits. Other clubs will follow and cut teams once the 5 or 6 clubs with strong Youth start to put up cricket scores. Half the NL1 comp is a rabble, the ZPL isn't much better albeit a few top ZPL teams would compete with bottom NL1. FFA Cup last year saw ZPL teams well off the mark against better NL1. All the talk about grounds and facilities will be folly once the ground sharing occurs in Newcastle Council areas which will see all codes sharing. Lake Macquarie reviewing also. Then second tier clubs who have their shit in order will strengthen a very weak NPL. As for the Toronto's, chook raffle and a few beers after the game in ZPL boys!!!! NNSWF have an emergency on its hands. How they react will shape whatever a viable NPL looks like. Ps. Toronto beat APIA 20s, who sent their 18s as a default to honour Darren Stewart, let's call it for what it is.

The NNSW emergency statement is right on the mark

GO AWAY
05-03-2020, 02:47 PM
Narrow minded ? Well no wonder you joined the conversation, yes it was Apia 20s ( not 18s ) same side heading to Italy to compete in a huge u20 tournament, so albeit u20 still a good result considering Apia are one of the top sides in Nsw npl, so there U20s wouldn’t be Drabble, let’s not forget Toronto is a Chook raffle side according to your “ narrow minded drivel “ yes we struggled to fill the young ages this year, not through lack of trying, maybe it’s because tossbags like you jump at the chance to bag the club and naive parents read this forum and listen to your narrow minded drivel. Toronto Awaba are going great financially and with a playing roster focused on local juniors and players, with coaching staff like Piggo, Jobe Wheelhouse, Abe Wheelhouse, Chris Bowling, Jason Cowburn and Nathan Green, the club is far from a Chook raffle side, so take your narrow minded drivel back to the local bingo game and see if you can focus on one number at a time ....did I mention the coaching staff are all Toronto boys ? What club wouldnt love that.....

boz-monaut
05-03-2020, 02:55 PM
having your rant in one, single, long paragraph tends to make you look like an angry man

people stop reading when there's a lack of punctuation

Goatscheese
05-03-2020, 09:25 PM

Not sure why you're pointing out "me" or that I play in a youth team. I am talking about NPL clubs and coaches not giving players in community a chance because of that. And even if there is a good side it doesn't mean that they will develop well due to the quality of the competition they face. Sounds like someone is upset they couldn't play state league as a kid. Don't be salty son

Barry Dawson
06-03-2020, 08:25 PM
Couple of blokes at the Blackbutt Hotel tonight talking about New Lambton playing games at Edden Oval this season.
Anyone heard anything of this?

Onyatoes
06-03-2020, 09:32 PM
I haven't heard but I did hear it was part of their planning. Makes sense, Jaffas have Senior and Youth and it is free 2 days out of 4. Perfect venue to develop into a ready made Football Centric No 2 but not unless Jaffas share. Jaffas need a viable cashed up partner Might be the sign of things to come? No 2 for Merewether Girls/Cooks Hill joint venture is the big rumour. Makes sense also....all Cookers lack is a true WPL program and Merewether are gypsies connected to a small junior club.

Onyatoes
06-03-2020, 09:38 PM
I am sorry. I didn't realise so many Toronto legends had returned. It makes me wonder why all the kids left, (some went to Lakes which must be hard to take), but, I am sure they had good reason. I am also sure the BBQs will be excellent and those legends that you mention will take The Stags forward vs backward. Let's hope so. NL1 and NPL need a vibrant football program in Westlakes.......sometime soon?

Hunter403
06-03-2020, 10:45 PM
Couple of blokes at the Blackbutt Hotel tonight talking about New Lambton playing games at Edden Oval this season.
Anyone heard anything of this?

Won't be happening. Edden in bad shape so I doubt Jaffas will share with NL

Goatscheese
06-03-2020, 10:50 PM
I haven't heard but I did hear it was part of their planning. Makes sense, Jaffas have Senior and Youth and it is free 2 days out of 4. Perfect venue to develop into a ready made Football Centric No 2 but not unless Jaffas share. Jaffas need a viable cashed up partner Might be the sign of things to come? No 2 for Merewether Girls/Cooks Hill joint venture is the big rumour. Makes sense also....all Cookers lack is a true WPL program and Merewether are gypsies connected to a small junior club.

Old news they were intending on using it for NL1 senior games but nothing happening this year.

Johnno
06-03-2020, 11:09 PM
Old news they were intending on using it for NL1 senior games but nothing happening this year.

Joint venture/merge is on the table and has been for some time between both clubs. Some sticking points that they are hopeful of resolving this year. One of main reasons why New Lambton didn’t apply for a licence in NPL when everyone thought the would. Also hearing West’s Group in the mix so name change, colours etc. may also happen which will resolve some of the sticking points they already have Rugby League, Netball and Cricket (ironically cricket club used to be called Lambton/New Lambton or verse vica). Will be majorly cashed up have some high profile executives on the board and be competing in NPL men’s and women’s. Final tip Clayton Zane Head Coach.

Onyatoes
07-03-2020, 07:38 AM

NL have been designated 4 games at Edden in 2020. From May. It would have been more but the ground is closed until end April whilst Council fix a bug and Jaffas will play elsewhere until then. I saw the NL President after The Matilda's game. No mergers but their plan is big investment in Edden with Jaffas and Council and Northern and Alder will be their Youth and training venue whilst hosting their other Senior games and WPL in 2020. 2021 full time for Men and WPL and the switch will be flicked on NPL. He said Edden is their original home from when they won 1st Div in 74 and 75. New Lambton is going home........a ground is the only gap this club had.

Onyatoes
07-03-2020, 07:42 AM
Wrong old mate. Although I also heard Clacka is very close to the club and they have some heavy hitters on their Board so West's make sense. Merger.....? Their President nearly spilt his beer, never ever will NL merge with The Bananas.

Barry Dawson
07-03-2020, 08:10 AM
NL have been designated 4 games at Edden in 2020. From May. It would have been more but the ground is closed until end April whilst Council fix a bug and Jaffas will play elsewhere until then. I saw the NL President after The Matilda's game. No mergers but their plan is big investment in Edden with Jaffas and Council and Northern and Alder will be their Youth and training venue whilst hosting their other Senior games and WPL in 2020. 2021 full time for Men and WPL and the switch will be flicked on NPL. He said Edden is their original home from when they won 1st Div in 74 and 75. New Lambton is going home........a ground is the only gap this club had.

Can’t see Jaffa’s being very happy about sharing their ground with NL - not one bit. NNSW must be changing their position on Clubs and grounds.
The Edden facilities are looking very tired and in need of some upgrade though. Not a lot of noticeable development there in recent times?

Hunter403
07-03-2020, 08:28 AM
I haven't heard but I did hear it was part of their planning. Makes sense, Jaffas have Senior and Youth and it is free 2 days out of 4. Perfect venue to develop into a ready made Football Centric No 2 but not unless Jaffas share. Jaffas need a viable cashed up partner Might be the sign of things to come?

Newcastle council have already identified Edden/Wallarah/Blackley as a football centre. At this stage their actual plans aren't known but may include all weather surfaces. Refer to their recent report. Edden is in poor condition because of it being used match day, for training (club and Jobe) and for summer football over the last few years during drought. It needs a damn good rest and rehabilitation, not more use in its current condition.

Jaffas need a viable cashed up partner? Given the amount Jaffas are rumoured to spend, your comment seems to fly in the face of the evidence. If cashed up means you have hundreds of kids to help pay first grade wages, experience says that parents soon tire of that unless handled very carefully.

It is well known that New Lambton has set it sights on Edden/Blackley/Wallarah. The word is that they have been badgering Council over it. They need more grounds because they have too many teams and, lets face it, Alder is a pigs ear. Perhaps they should reduce team numbers, focus on improving their current grounds and spend less time trying to obtain the use of the grounds of other clubs. If they really want an NPL quality ground and are in talks with Wests (as some here suggest), maybe Harker is an option? A solution similar to Toronto. If ground space is an issue, send the extra teams/kids to other nearby clubs. I'm sure community clubs or other NEWFM clubs would appreciate more kids.

Retro Jet
07-03-2020, 08:37 AM
Cookers v Belswans washed out.

Barry Dawson
07-03-2020, 08:48 AM
Newcastle council have already identified Edden/Wallarah/Blackley as a football centre. At this stage their actual plans aren't known but may include all weather surfaces. Refer to their recent report. Edden is in poor condition because of it being used match day, for training (club and Jobe) and for summer football over the last few years during drought. It needs a damn good rest and rehabilitation, not more use in its current condition.

Jaffas need a viable cashed up partner? Given the amount Jaffas are rumoured to spend, your comment seems to fly in the face of the evidence. If cashed up means you have hundreds of kids to help pay first grade wages, experience says that parents soon tire of that unless handled very carefully.

It is well known that New Lambton has set it sights on Edden/Blackley/Wallarah. The word is that they have been badgering Council over it. They need more grounds because they have too many teams and, lets face it, Alder is a pigs ear. Perhaps they should reduce team numbers, focus on improving their current grounds and spend less time trying to obtain the use of the grounds of other clubs. If they really want an NPL quality ground and are in talks with Wests (as some here suggest), maybe Harker is an option? A solution similar to Toronto. If ground space is an issue, send the extra teams/kids to other nearby clubs. I'm sure community clubs or other NEWFM clubs would appreciate more kids.

Understand your points and this is not an ID thread - but our club neighbours NL and closed our books weeks ago. Others in the area the same. The ground shortage is not NLs issue - it’s the popularity of the game and a shortage of grounds. It also come down down to how Council allocate grounds to smaller sports.
Would you have NL cast kids out on the street to play something else?
Re NL NEWFM - yes Alder is rough. But we heard that after giving approval and NL spending $300k, Council pulled their support for more development at Alder.
Maybe council wants NL money spent at Edden instead?

Onyatoes
07-03-2020, 08:51 AM

Why does everyone think Edden is Jaffas ground? It is a Council asset yes? They have 120 players of one gender monopolising a ground that a bigger club with bigger pockets and a bigger footprint is bound to target. NL Juniors are at Novocastrian and seemingly self sufficient. Jaffas paid their way into NPL and now they look like they have sat on their hands. Olympic and Magic saw the writing on the wall during the ground review and inherited girls, looks like Jaffas just inherited Eagles......? It wouldn't surprise me if NL officials pressed hard, some connections in that club. Watch for the draw changes next week in NL1. 4 games from May........you heard it here first.

Hunter403
07-03-2020, 09:06 AM
Understand your points and this is not an ID thread - but our club neighbours NL and closed our books weeks ago. Others in the area the same. The ground shortage is not NLs issue - it’s the popularity of the game and a shortage of grounds. It also come down down to how Council allocate grounds to smaller sports.
Would you have NL cast kids out on the street to play something else?
Re NL NEWFM - yes Alder is rough. But we heard that after giving approval and NL spending $300k, Council pulled their support for more development at Alder.
Maybe council wants NL money spent at Edden instead?

Certainly don't want kids to not play. You see clubs such as Kahibah and South Cardiff asking for kids on facebook, but i take your point. Newcastle has no land for more grounds as the LGA wont get bigger but it does have a lot of poorly maintained grounds that could be improved and utilised. However, that will take time and money. Lambton Park, Lugar, Nesbitt, Myamblah, behind Broadmeadow Maccas, Novocastrian, all the Adamstown grounds etc etc. All need improvements and then more use.

Maybe the money that was to go to Alder was reallocated to the Olympic bid? 🤣🤣 Anyway, with that bid failing, it might be time for NL to talk to Council again about Alder rather than talk to Council about Wallarah. Maybe that money is back in the kitty for the Council's grand plan? Maybe it will get spent at another ground. Who knows what Council will do.

Hunter403
07-03-2020, 09:29 AM
Why does everyone think Edden is Jaffas ground? It is a Council asset yes? They have 120 players of one gender monopolising a ground that a bigger club with bigger pockets and a bigger footprint is bound to target. NL Juniors are at Novocastrian and seemingly self sufficient. Jaffas paid their way into NPL and now they look like they have sat on their hands. Olympic and Magic saw the writing on the wall during the ground review and inherited girls, looks like Jaffas just inherited Eagles......? It wouldn't surprise me if NL officials pressed hard, some connections in that club. Watch for the draw changes next week in NL1. 4 games from May........you heard it here first.

Yep, all grounds (except Magic) are Council owned. We know that. However, each club has a home ground where they invest time and money. So, while Jaffas don't own Edden and NL don't own Alder and Olympic don't own Darling Street, those grounds are considered to be part of those clubs.

Jaffas paid their way into the NPL like every other club. Get a driven committee, money, pay players, win comps and get promoted. Hardly some underhanded action that you seem to imply. I have no idea if Jaffas have sat on their hands but results over the last few years appear to say otherwise.

It will be interesting if you are right about NL on Edden from May. I saw Edden this week and it is poor. Now growing season is over, it will be little better by May.

It will also be interesting to see if those other comments regarding Wests and NL are true. That would be a huge shot in the arm for them and may gain them access to Harker. That would be great news.

Onyatoes
07-03-2020, 09:55 AM
Magic don't own their ground. Crown Land with a perpetual lease. The big message is that clubs who have been naive enough to think that they have formal tenancy (in all codes) are about to get a little shock. There was a Herald article before Xmas. Ground sharing across codes and across clubs in NPL will be a reality in Newcastle Council boundaries. This latest news or rumour may just be the tip of the iceberg. Harker Kentish and Ford Ovals all were once controlled by West's via the New Lambton Grounds Committee. Council disbanded it last October........everything is on the table and simple socio economics will tell you that cash, community support, number of members and politics will play a big part in who gets what.....I would back the joint with Premier Men, Youth, Women, more kids than anyone and......a special needs program that everyone supports. I think the pollies might also....hence my comment that they sat on their hands in Jaffa land.....

Hunter403
07-03-2020, 12:20 PM
Magic don't own their ground. Crown Land with a perpetual lease. .....

Yeah, as I said, all grounds, except Magic are council owned.

I guess you don't like Jaffas much but I think we will agree to disagree on whether or not Jaffas have sat on their hands.

The big shakeup will be when the rugby league clubs get told they have to share. Harker, Townson, etc. that will be a big change.

Cooks Hill on no2, New Lambton on Harker, Jaffas on Harker, Cooks Hill on Townson would all be possibilities. Any solution that gets NEWFM or NPL teams on better grounds is a good one.

Onyatoes
07-03-2020, 12:45 PM
Agree. Not sure if anyone likes Jaffas unless they wear yellow, but that remains to be seen long term. Harker a possibility but pick a fight with West's at your peril. Edden the No 2 of the burbs is a real option. Both clubs though need to get into bed. Good banter and well informed. A change for this forum.

Negative Police
07-03-2020, 01:32 PM
Getting more and better football grounds is the key issue. Newcastle needs a Speers Pt type facility

The knights getting District park for a "centre of excellence" is a disaster considering the amount of juniors they have in that sport.

ForeverRed
07-03-2020, 06:58 PM
Yeah, as I said, all grounds, except Magic are council owned.

I guess you don't like Jaffas much but I think we will agree to disagree on whether or not Jaffas have sat on their hands.

The big shakeup will be when the rugby league clubs get told they have to share. Harker, Townson, etc. that will be a big change.

Cooks Hill on no2, New Lambton on Harker, Jaffas on Harker, Cooks Hill on Townson would all be possibilities. Any solution that gets NEWFM or NPL teams on better grounds is a good one.
What a disaster this would be when all codes are played in winter, I can’t see any of these grounds being suitable for football surface wise

Hurricane
07-03-2020, 11:55 PM
So did any games get played today

BP Super Dynamos
09-03-2020, 09:59 AM
Cessnock v Singleton finished 3-1 to the Hornets. Pretty scrappy game which could've gone either way. Cessnock finished stronger and scored a couple of bombs to liven up a dreary afternoon. Both lower grade games were 0-0 I think

Onyatoes
09-03-2020, 11:58 AM
Gotta open our eyes. The days of Rugby clubs for example locking up No 2, Harker, Passmore and Waratah Ovals for 100 members (and in Waratahs case to play in a Suburban comp) are over. Cricket also has a few challenges whereby the venues dont match the need or the number of particpants. Football is not immune, 120 blokes as a Premier Club locking up a Council sportsground is not politically sensible and the Labour left get it. Edden is a perfect venue to develop but those 120 blokes in yellow won't justify spending a cent. NCC know it. NNSWF know it. No 2 should always be home for The Wanderers because they invested money it (albeit a minor percentage), but they cannot own it exclusively and the NRU don't either. Cooks Hill and Merewether WPL could certainly share that. Sounds like a marriage of sorts? Perhaps the NNSWF launch at No 2 was a subtle sign that equilibrium is around the corner.

Thomas477
09-03-2020, 06:25 PM
Gotta open our eyes. The days of Rugby clubs for example locking up No 2, Harker, Passmore and Waratah Ovals for 100 members (and in Waratahs case to play in a Suburban comp) are over. Cricket also has a few challenges whereby the venues dont match the need or the number of particpants. Football is not immune, 120 blokes as a Premier Club locking up a Council sportsground is not politically sensible and the Labour left get it. Edden is a perfect venue to develop but those 120 blokes in yellow won't justify spending a cent. NCC know it. NNSWF know it. No 2 should always be home for The Wanderers because they invested money it (albeit a minor percentage), but they cannot own it exclusively and the NRU don't either. Cooks Hill and Merewether WPL could certainly share that. Sounds like a marriage of sorts? Perhaps the NNSWF launch at No 2 was a subtle sign that equilibrium is around the corner.

Jesus, someone’s on their soapbox.

Negative Police
09-03-2020, 07:31 PM
Football is not immune, 120 blokes as a Premier Club locking up a Council sportsground is not politically sensible and the Labour left get it. Edden is a perfect venue to develop but those 120 blokes in yellow won't justify spending a cent. NCC know it. NNSWF know it.

Really? How many use magic or Olympics main ground. 13's to 1st grade and maybe sap. its all the same at many grounds for numbers.

Couple of extras shipped in ladies teams means nothing to the council green keepers.

Ill mention to council that Edden is a terrible place to expand. Thanks for the reminder.

Onyatoes
10-03-2020, 11:21 AM
Edden expansion terrible? Council just spent a $150k on an independent audit that suggests otherwise.

ForeverRed
14-03-2020, 05:54 PM
Gunners 2 Cookers 1

Aegon
14-03-2020, 06:59 PM
Gunners 2 Cookers 1

Good result

ForeverRed
14-03-2020, 10:06 PM
Good result
Terrible conditions

Hotline
15-03-2020, 10:26 PM
Wallsend vs New Lambton at The Gardens
1st: 0-6
Res: 1-2
18's: 2-2

The quality of the surface was pretty ordinary. Will need a fair bit of work to get through the season.

Onyatoes
16-03-2020, 01:17 PM
Wallsend vs New Lambton at The Gardens
1st: 0-6
Res: 1-2
18's: 2-2

The quality of the surface was pretty ordinary. Will need a fair bit of work to get through the season.Youth games 18-3 across 3 games to New Lambton according to results. Not a great day for The Reds. No 15s as some kid quarantined? The surface might not be their only concern? Apparently The Gardens is worse than ever, awful pitch, pigeon shit everywhere in the stand and a 1st grade team who are going to clearly struggle. A shame for a grand old club.

Alton
17-03-2020, 01:33 PM
Good result

Southy was always gunna win this one - boom boom

GO AWAY
05-08-2020, 07:36 AM
Good day for Toronto Awaba on the weekend. Clean sweep over Cessnock, apparently first time in nine years, only early days but great to be in the five at the moment.

Hurricane
05-08-2020, 09:30 AM
Good day for Toronto Awaba on the weekend. Clean sweep over Cessnock, apparently first time in nine years, only early days but great to be in the five at the moment.

Are they having semi finals in Newfm this year Go Away

GO AWAY
05-08-2020, 10:24 AM
Are they having semi finals in Newfm this year Go Away

Bloody hope so haha ..... the next week will define if we are a chance at semis, I think westy, NL, Belswans in seven days

Hurricane
05-08-2020, 10:28 AM
Bloody hope so haha ..... the next week will define if we are a chance at semis, I think westy, NL, Belswans in seven days
Good luck with it.
I only asked the question as I heard rumour only NPL mens and womens comps were playing finals this year

mge61
05-08-2020, 11:23 AM
Have a mate playing at Cookers and they’re under the impression they are playing finals

ForeverRed
05-08-2020, 11:48 AM
No semis

GO AWAY
05-08-2020, 11:58 AM
Says it is top 5 finals series played over four weeks on NNSW website

ForeverRed
05-08-2020, 02:37 PM
May have changed, when they returned from the break it was decided no semis

Goatscheese
05-08-2020, 08:38 PM
Says it is top 5 finals series played over four weeks on NNSW website

That's what it is. Top 5 as per the new normal and that has been extended to the youth for this year too.

GO AWAY
06-08-2020, 09:16 AM
Who got sent for westy last night ? Hearing there was a red

mge61
06-08-2020, 09:46 AM
Don’t need to be Einstein to work that one out - Tye Jones.

GO AWAY
06-08-2020, 10:59 AM
He was on weekend, they lost another one last night

mge61
06-08-2020, 02:09 PM
Bailey Jensen maybe?

GO AWAY
06-08-2020, 02:35 PM
Bailey Jensen maybe?

Find out Sunday I suppose

Captain_Carl
07-08-2020, 05:42 PM

Check the ladder then check your comment and then say to me ... Captain you are a genius and I was mistaken. I picked Northern Inland in the 13s before a game was played and my true football genius is evident for all to see.

Onyatoes
15-08-2020, 07:23 PM
May have changed, when they returned from the break it was decided no semisAs usual wrong again dribbles. NL1 Seniors and Youth Top 5 semis. Due to end Oct 20.

fozphantom
16-08-2020, 11:22 PM
so whats the G O with howe & turner parks??
Im hearing grounds were washed out and not called on the day?
I checked stats & there was soem rain on Monday http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/dwo/IDCJDW2027.latest.shtml
couldnt find anything of the like on bom for singo but this covers the last 3 days http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDN60801/IDN60801.99738.shtml
so either these grounds are sheet and cant handle 20-25 odd mil from a Mon to the weekend or someones telling porkies!
pretty good drying weather too.

outsider
17-08-2020, 07:47 AM
so whats the G O with howe & turner parks??
Im hearing grounds were washed out and not called on the day?
I checked stats & there was soem rain on Monday http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/dwo/IDCJDW2027.latest.shtml
couldnt find anything of the like on bom for singo but this covers the last 3 days http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDN60801/IDN60801.99738.shtml
so either these grounds are sheet and cant handle 20-25 odd mil from a Mon to the weekend or someones telling porkies!
pretty good drying weather too.

Cessnock races OFF today(Monday)so must have been some rain or someone overwatered

mge61
29-08-2020, 07:36 PM
Cowburn playing for Toronto this afternoon?

hamburgler
29-08-2020, 08:37 PM
Cowburn playing for Toronto this afternoon?

Yep Cowburn and Macbeth from Weston both played both scored

GO AWAY
30-08-2020, 12:32 PM
Yep Cowburn and Macbeth from Weston both played both scored

Was a great day for the club on old boys day.

fozphantom
30-08-2020, 03:29 PM
Was a great day for the club on old boys day.

And how did that all go social distancing wise? I know some clubs have corona canned it

Goatscheese
02-09-2020, 11:08 PM
Check the ladder then check your comment and then say to me ... Captain you are a genius and I was mistaken. I picked Northern Inland in the 13s before a game was played and my true football genius is evident for all to see.

Mate not even in the comp, so the Captain is wrong again.

GO AWAY
04-09-2020, 11:40 AM
How close is this competition this year, three points from 1-8 possibly. Who’s pick for five ?

Singleton
Belswans
Awaba
New Lambton
Cookers

GO AWAY
05-09-2020, 07:02 PM
Toronto 1 South Cardiff 0

Goatscheese
05-09-2020, 07:16 PM
Toronto 1 South Cardiff 0

What's happened to South Cardiff this year?

BP Super Dynamos
05-09-2020, 09:03 PM
What's happened to South Cardiff this year?

Recycled last year's Toronto side

GO AWAY
06-09-2020, 05:25 PM
Got made aware today of a pretty disgusting racial slur in reserve grade yesterday, I Hope NNSW come down hard on the bloke.

Football lover
14-09-2020, 12:50 PM
Got made aware today of a pretty disgusting racial slur in reserve grade yesterday, I Hope NNSW come down hard on the bloke.

Anybody know what happens at the game between Westy and kahiba? Anybody got any info? Must have been serious if they have involved the police

Retired01
14-09-2020, 03:03 PM
Anybody know what happens at the game between Westy and kahiba? Anybody got any info? Must have been serious if they have involved the police

If the incident has anything to do with Westys serial offender he should be kicked out of the club and no other club should let him play.

Football lover
14-09-2020, 04:47 PM
If the incident has anything to do with Westys serial offender he should be kicked out of the club and no other club should let him play.

Who is the serial offender?

So does anybody know what happend?

GO AWAY
14-09-2020, 04:54 PM
Heard there was some pretty vile attacks against billy Moncrieff, not sure if that was linked or if it became physical. Very uncalled for if true, never had a problem with Bill and he’s done more for local football then a lot will ever get close to. Hope NNSW comes down on perpetrators / club.

Football lover
14-09-2020, 05:10 PM
Ooo not a good look if that’s the case whoever is involved could face a sizeable ban

Hunter403
14-09-2020, 06:31 PM
Police involved apparently

Goatscheese
14-09-2020, 09:08 PM
Ooo not a good look if that’s the case whoever is involved could face a sizeable ban

If you've gone after a member of the board of Northern they will be cracking down would've come to nothing if it was anyone else

GO AWAY
15-09-2020, 12:06 PM
Semi final like game for Toronto v Kahibah this weekend.... should be a good one.

Alton
16-09-2020, 08:18 AM
Police involved apparently

So what happened ?

Goatscheese
16-09-2020, 10:58 PM
So what happened ?

Someone yelled at one of the Moncrieffs

Goatscheese
05-10-2020, 10:41 PM
Well done to New Lambton for winning the comp though not a full one and New Lambton got to play some of the shitty teams twice. Good to see someone else win for a change.

Barry Dawson
07-10-2020, 12:47 PM
Well done to New Lambton for winning the comp though not a full one and New Lambton got to play some of the shitty teams twice. Good to see someone else win for a change.

Well done but.....

Is that the same for all clubs who did well this year?

Is it the excuse others will use who didn’t go so well when expected otherwise?

Goatscheese
07-10-2020, 06:33 PM
Well done but.....

Is that the same for all clubs who did well this year?

Is it the excuse others will use who didn’t go so well when expected otherwise?

Probably, depends on the individual circumstance of the team that won.

And probably a good excuse for those teams that didn't finish where they would've had everyone played each other twice and youth having to deal with no replays for washouts.

Hunter403
10-10-2020, 06:52 PM
Good semis today. What a shame they were played on a goat track

Negative Police
10-10-2020, 07:33 PM
Good semis today. What a shame they were played on a goat track

Howe was it?

Hunter403
10-10-2020, 10:19 PM
Howe was it?
Yeah, not conducive to good football at all. A shame really.

mge61
11-10-2020, 08:07 AM
Yeah, not conducive to good football at all. A shame really.

Any results

Hunter403
11-10-2020, 06:04 PM
Kahibah won the 18s and lost the first grade. Not sure on the reserve outcome as I left the gorund for a time.

Negative Police
11-10-2020, 06:13 PM
Go Cookers

Barry Dawson
21-10-2020, 06:14 PM
Kahibah apparently played an illegitimate player in reserve grade Semi on weekend in their win against New Lambton - now losing their automatic place in GF? 0-3 loss
Hearing they now play Southy on weekend and NL given a spot in the GF.

Goatscheese
21-10-2020, 06:28 PM
Kahibah apparently played an illegitimate player in reserve grade Semi on weekend in their win against New Lambton - now losing their automatic place in GF? 0-3 loss
Hearing they now play Southy on weekend and NL given a spot in the GF.

In reserves? Northern yet to update the results if true.

Also not the first time Kahibah have played ineligible players, three years in a row a senior Kahibah team has been caught out at least once

Retro Jet
22-10-2020, 12:02 AM
Hearing they now play Southy on the weekend and NL given a spot in the GF.

In reserves? Northern yet to update the results if true.

Also not the first time Kahibah have played ineligible players, three years in a row a senior Kahibah team has been caught out at least once

There was a spreadsheet available this year (and previous??) titled 'Northern NSW Finals calculator' (Author - Liam Bentley)
It had columns for 13s to 1st grade and it automatically calculated a players qualification for finals based on a percentage of games played.
I was sent this via our club secretary but I believe it was either sent to or available to all clubs.

It became academic with our 18s and Ressies missing out to require it but if a club has more than 1 grade in finals, using this would be a great safety net
and would clarify a player's finals eligibility that can't be disputed.
I'll be including the data entry on this sheet after every weekend next season when the team sheets roll in to keep on top of it.

goaliepersempre
22-10-2020, 01:35 AM
That this can still happen these days.

I dont know what its like now back in Australia.

Here in switzerland we have a system where you need to fill out the team sheet online via certain system before the game (there are deadlines up to when this needs to be filled out). Ofcourse you have the chance to change the lineup i.e player unable to play and then call someone up. or starting line up changes on the print out.

in the system you are unable to select players for the team sheet that are ineligable for various reasons including (intern club suspension e.g not paying yearly fee) to suspensions from yellow cards etc.

All fairly straightforward and this information is then also used on the Football Federations website for results etc.

pv4
22-10-2020, 05:45 AM
There was a spreadsheet available this year (and previous??) titled 'Northern NSW Finals calculator' (Author - Liam Bentley)
It had columns for 13s to 1st grade and it automatically calculated a players qualification for finals based on a percentage of games played.
I was sent this via our club secretary but I believe it was either sent to or available to all clubs.

It became academic with our 18s and Ressies missing out to require it but if a club has more than 1 grade in finals, using this would be a great safety net
and would clarify a player's finals eligibility that can't be disputed.
I'll be including the data entry on this sheet after every weekend next season when the team sheets roll in to keep on top of it.

I believe there need be no safety net. The responsibility of broadcasting suspensions and non-eligibility to clubs lies solely on the federation, and there is no excuse otherwise.

All players should be eligible to play, unless given proper notice by the federation that they are not allowed to play.

If the federation cannot govern their own competitions, they need to look at themselves and their own system rather than throw the blame and responsibility at anyone else. Clubs should not be subject to poor external governance, and feel blamed and get punished for that, particularly after the fact.

GO AWAY
22-10-2020, 07:49 AM
I want to give Toronto Awaba a wrap ( I know, surprise, surprise ) but compared to previous years it has been a pretty productive year, first grade were in contention right up to a couple of games before semis, reserve grade at least competitive, our 18s minor premiership and now in the big dance, only losing one game all year. Coaching staff like piggott, bowling, cowburn etc and as far as I know all hanging around next year. Pretty much had three squads all year as opposed to previous years when players were playing three games, and a heap of locals that are all mates in first grade, couple of experienced heads in key positions next year and it’s been a huge stepping stone.

ForeverRed
22-10-2020, 08:24 AM
I want to give Toronto Awaba a wrap ( I know, surprise, surprise ) but compared to previous years it has been a pretty productive year, first grade were in contention right up to a couple of games before semis, reserve grade at least competitive, our 18s minor premiership and now in the big dance, only losing one game all year. Coaching staff like piggott, bowling, cowburn etc and as far as I know all hanging around next year. Pretty much had three squads all year as opposed to previous years when players were playing three games, and a heap of locals that are all mates in first grade, couple of experienced heads in key positions next year and it’s been a huge stepping stone.
Still no junior teams though which is pretty poor considering you have a large catchment area, this can’t happen next season surety NNSWF will relegate the club if they cannot maintain their responsibilities

Aegon
22-10-2020, 11:53 AM
Still no junior teams though which is pretty poor considering you have a large catchment area, this can’t happen next season surety NNSWF will relegate the club if they cannot maintain their responsibilities

Can't let someone be positive without criticism?
Toronto only failed to field 13-15's and in a COVID affected preparation.
They managed to field all these age groups last year.

Aegon
22-10-2020, 11:54 AM

Onwards and upwards, I hope they make further progress next year.

ForeverRed
22-10-2020, 12:39 PM
Only speaking the truth, no juniors last year as well, other clubs are working hard to support 7 grades physically and financially yet it’s not an even playing field, Not criticising just stating actual fact, you can’t let me have an opinion with out bagging my comment, you must have been an under achiever your entire life without working hard like all other clubs have done, move on Aegon and respect those in the know, it is a forum remember opinions are allowed

Aegon
22-10-2020, 01:24 PM
Only speaking the truth, no juniors last year as well, other clubs are working hard to support 7 grades physically and financially yet it’s not an even playing field, Not criticising just stating actual fact, you can’t let me have an opinion with out bagging my comment, you must have been an under achiever your entire life without working hard like all other clubs have done, move on Aegon and respect those in the know, it is a forum remember opinions are allowed

Now it's personal insults, ahhh the internet where people are free to say things they wouldn't have the guts to say in person.

Hurricane
22-10-2020, 01:46 PM
Now it's personal insults, ahhh the internet where people are free to say things they wouldn't have the guts to say in person.

He is only stating facts Aegon and you have given as many insults as you have received, if not more.
He simply mentioned , correctly , that they don't have all youth grades covered.
If you don't like receiving the personal insults , I suggest stop dishing them out.
Everyone knows who ForeverRed is and how much time he put in at Southy.
It's not like he is hiding under a pseudonym, just expressing his opinion on an open forum

Alton
22-10-2020, 01:50 PM
Who is FR?

ForeverRed
22-10-2020, 02:08 PM
He is only stating facts Aegon and you have given as many insults as you have received, if not more.
He simply mentioned , correctly , that they don't have all youth grades covered.
If you don't like receiving the personal insults , I suggest stop dishing them out.
It's not like he is hiding under a pseudonym, just expressing his opinion on an open forum
Cheers hurricane

ForeverRed
22-10-2020, 02:09 PM
Who is FR?
My names brad mate

The Magician
22-10-2020, 02:13 PM
My names brad mate

I can concur

Aegon
22-10-2020, 02:51 PM

Happy for you to quote me where I have resorted to personal insults.

Toronto fielded youth teams in 2019 but were unable to in 13's to 15's during a year where a pandemic affected preparation.

Lets see how they go next year before trying to drag them down.

finzee
22-10-2020, 06:51 PM

Nah FR started spouting shit here (you must have been an under achiever your entire life without working hard like all other clubs have done) ... and starts crying about the return serve. Same as the SAP thread with constant mums and dads crap. And, doing lots of work at a club doesnt make a difference to the dickhead comments.

finzee
22-10-2020, 06:54 PM
Happy for you to quote me where I have resorted to personal insults.

Toronto fielded youth teams in 2019 but were unable to in 13's to 15's during a year where a pandemic affected preparation.

Lets see how they go next year before trying to drag them down.

Ill agree with FR here. They should have put the teams in.

Goatscheese
23-10-2020, 02:08 PM

Can't blame the pandemic on that. They didn't have those age groups filled well before the first cases reached Australia and had withdrawn from entering those age groups early February.

Goatscheese
23-10-2020, 02:11 PM
Once again Kahibah caught out playing ineligible players, not the first time this year they have done it, and have been caught doing it in the past two years as well.

I would say Northern need to punish them for continually playing ineligible players but they won't since Dad is on the board.

Hunter403
23-10-2020, 03:27 PM
Once again Kahibah caught out playing ineligible players, not the first time this year they have done it, and have been caught doing it in the past two years as well.

I would say Northern need to punish them for continually playing ineligible players but they won't since Dad is on the board.

Looks like you got your wish. The reserves had the result reversed and won't go straight to the GF and will now have to play the preliminary final. Looks like having a dad on the board meant nothing.

Goatscheese
24-10-2020, 07:18 PM
Looks like you got your wish. The reserves had the result reversed and won't go straight to the GF and will now have to play the preliminary final. Looks like having a dad on the board meant nothing.

I didn't get my wish at all, I had made that post after it was decided they go to the prelim. And the punishment from Northern I am talking about is one to the entire club, this isn't even the first time they have played ineligible players this year let alone having done it in multiple years.

Zico
25-10-2020, 04:36 PM
What ground is the Grand Final at?

Reds Forever
25-10-2020, 04:47 PM
What ground is the Grand Final at?

Magic Park. No idea what day with Magic also hosting NPL semi finals and NPL Youth.

Zico
25-10-2020, 04:49 PM
Thanks.
They might have to move it. I’m sure a NL1 club would be happy to host it.

Goatscheese
25-10-2020, 08:44 PM
Thanks.
They might have to move it. I’m sure a NL1 club would be happy to host it.

Would magic be happy to give up all that money though?

samcan
26-10-2020, 11:43 AM
Note that the NPL1 Youth grand finals on Sunday have 13s 14s 16s all at Macqaurie Pk but 15s at Magic Pk.

Hunter403
26-10-2020, 09:23 PM
Note that the NPL1 Youth grand finals on Sunday have 13s 14s 16s all at Macqaurie Pk but 15s at Magic Pk.

I think you mean NL1, not NPL1 as that comp has a few weeks to go.

Just checked on sports tg and all NL1 Youth games are at Macquarie Field. Sunday 1 November
13 - 9.00AM Westy v New Lambton
14 - 11.30AM Belswans v Cookers
15 - 2.00PM New Lambton v Belswans
16 - 4.30PM - New Lambton v Belswans

Seniors are at Magic Park on Saturday 31 October.
18 - 10.30AM Toronto v Kahibah
Res - 1.30PM Kahibah v New Lambton
1st - 5.00PM New Lambton v Singo

Should be a great day if the weather can improve. Good luck to all.

Jim
26-10-2020, 09:32 PM
I noticed they changed it this arvo. U15s were at a different ground until then.

FMC
27-10-2020, 07:09 AM
Heard a rumor that Kahibah may have played a illegible player again in the weekends game against southy is this true?

samcan
27-10-2020, 02:16 PM
Heard a rumor that Kahibah may have played a illegible player again in the weekends game against southy is this true?

Twice in row would be unforgivable. No changes to the fixture for this Sun yet. Oddly the ineligible player that played the week before came on with the result already decided.

Aegon
27-10-2020, 09:32 PM
Andre Gumprecht announced as 2021 Belswans coach.

Giroudawakening
28-10-2020, 08:33 AM
Honestly wouldnt be surprised tbh, it has happened 3 times already

Goatscheese
29-10-2020, 08:43 PM
Andre Gumprecht announced as 2021 Belswans coach.

That should be good for them, apparently to help them get an NPL license, they should prepare for disappointment when Northern continue to say another 3 years.

Alton
30-10-2020, 12:00 PM
That should be good for them, apparently to help them get an NPL license, they should prepare for disappointment when Northern continue to say another 3 years.

My mail is NNSW are very keen on this push, it is needed out that way,Valo haven't helped themselves so maybe it is someone else's turn.

Giroudawakening
30-10-2020, 01:19 PM
My mail is NNSW are very keen on this push, it is needed out that way,Valo haven't helped themselves so maybe it is someone else's turn.

Would be good for Belswans, great club and have done well over the pasts years, great coaching staff now and people working hard behind the scenes

magician
30-10-2020, 02:16 PM

Can’t be saying that. Captain Carl won’t be too impressed with those comments 🤪

ForeverRed
30-10-2020, 02:37 PM
Can’t be saying that. Captain Carl won’t be too impressed with those comments 🤪
You need to win the comp to get promoted,

Goatscheese
30-10-2020, 06:55 PM
You need to win the comp to get promoted,

Laughable to think that Northern will think the same.

BelSwans have been up there of late, while Valentine have consistently been down the bottom.

Can see Northern switching them around, spesh if BelSwans get their ground to standard and Valo keep saying, "council will fix it up soon".

Retro Jet
31-10-2020, 03:12 PM
Looking at Ressies game on BarUp TV and noticed the linesman's trench is included in the field - looks like it's been widened.
Do Magic normally play with a narrower field?

Retro Jet
31-10-2020, 05:49 PM
https://www.bartvsports.com.au/football/newfm-northern-league-one-grand-final-new-lambton-eagles-v-singleton-strikers/

HT
Singo up 1-0. Joel Barner

mge61
31-10-2020, 05:59 PM
https://www.bartvsports.com.au/football/newfm-northern-league-one-grand-final-new-lambton-eagles-v-singleton-strikers/

HT
Singo up 1-0. Joel Barner

Muswellbrook 1 New Lambton 0

fozphantom
31-10-2020, 06:37 PM
Ummm why are both keepers in green???

Goatscheese
31-10-2020, 08:06 PM
Well done to Singo for winning the title

ForeverRed
31-10-2020, 08:37 PM
To strong singleton, Wasn’t that long ago they were getting flogged, big effort

Negative Police
31-10-2020, 09:34 PM
To strong singleton, Wasn’t that long ago they were getting flogged, big effort

Quite a few ex Weston and a couple of Cessnock boys. You can see that class coming through

mge61
31-10-2020, 10:09 PM
Quite a few ex Weston and a couple of Cessnock boys. You can see that class coming through

6 from Muswellbrook

Johnno
31-10-2020, 10:13 PM
6 from Muswellbrook

Good breeding ground but played youth football at Weston or elsewhere. Well done Singleton some turnaround over past several years.

JustHearThings
01-11-2020, 10:59 AM
Keeper was at fault majorly for both goals, can see why New Lambton are bringing in a new goalkeeper for next year.

fozphantom
01-11-2020, 07:54 PM
Nice of NNSWF to post the results of the nl1 jnr finals today - not.
Not on facie twitter or even the scores updated on spotstg. NPL score is there.

heard westy beat new lambton 2-1 with westy winning it in injury time in 13s
also cookers beat belswans 2-0. (U14s)

ANy of the other 2 scores please??

Retro Jet
02-11-2020, 02:14 PM
Nice of NNSWF to post the results of the nl1 jnr finals today - not.
Not on facie twitter or even the scores updated on spotstg. NPL score is there.

heard westy beat new lambton 2-1 with westy winning it in injury time in 13s
also cookers beat belswans 2-0. (U14s)

ANy of the other 2 scores please??

Just received the team sheets.

U13s
West Wallsend v New Lambton
1 all HT & FT
WW won with 90th min goal in Extra time

U14s
Belmont Swansea 1 v Cooks Hill 2
1-2 HT

U15s
New Lambton 1 v Belmont Swansea 2
0-1 HT

U16s
New Lambton 2 v Belmont Swansea 3
1 all HT

Bull fighter
02-11-2020, 02:24 PM
Just received the team sheets.

U13s
West Wallsend v New Lambton
1 all HT & FT
WW won with 90th min goal in Extra time

U14s
Belmont Swansea 1 v Cooks Hill 2
1-2 HT

U15s
New Lambton 1 v Belmont Swansea 2
0-1 HT

U16s
New Lambton 2 v Belmont Swansea 3
1 all HT

16's result back to front. 3-2 New Lambton

Retro Jet
02-11-2020, 03:13 PM
16's result back to front. 3-2 New Lambton

Cheers

I was only going off the team sheet and it's a bit of a dog's breakfast.
Shows only 1 goal scorer for Belmont (46') for #10, an oggie in the NL team Goal Scorer side (19' OG) against #4
and the FT score is written 2-3 to Belmont!

I just checked SportsTG and it's correct there.
https://websites.sportstg.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=71154942&c=0-8304-0-554042-0&pool=1001

GO AWAY
02-12-2020, 11:54 AM
When’s the draw out ! anyone know ?

Cooks Hill
Singleton
New lambton
Toronto
Belswans
Southy
Cessnock
Thornton
Westy
Wallsend

Hunter403
02-12-2020, 05:55 PM

Cooks Hill
Singleton
New lambton
Toronto
Belswans
Southy
Cessnock
Thornton
Westy
Wallsend

You are missing a club.

The Hacker
02-12-2020, 08:39 PM

Cooks Hill
Singleton
New lambton
Toronto
Belswans
Southy
Cessnock
Thornton
Westy
Wallsend

Do you know something we don’t are Kahibah going up or down

Goatscheese
02-12-2020, 10:45 PM

Kahibah up and Lakes down

Johnno
02-12-2020, 10:47 PM
:banned2:

GO AWAY
03-12-2020, 07:58 AM
Oops ..... mr Moncrieff will shoot me haha ..... chuck them in at 5th

Giroudawakening
04-12-2020, 01:25 PM

Cooks Hill
Singleton
New lambton
Toronto
Belswans
Southy
Cessnock
Thornton
Westy
Wallsend

Toronto inside the top 4?

Have they filled the requirement of youth team to ensure they are in the comp

ForeverRed
04-12-2020, 01:38 PM
Toronto inside the top 4?

Have they filled the requirement of youth team to ensure they are in the comp
Exactly, makes a mockery of any NPl requirements if clubs can just please themselves, surprised other clubs haven’t demanded answers

The Hacker
09-12-2020, 09:07 PM
Who is taking over from Dougie at Cooks Hill

Goatscheese
09-12-2020, 09:23 PM
Who is taking over from Dougie at Cooks Hill

Thancheski

The Hacker
09-12-2020, 09:33 PM
Thancheski

Get the Cheque book ready Cooks Hill that’s the Tanch way

GO AWAY
10-12-2020, 10:42 AM
Get the Cheque book ready Cooks Hill that’s the Tanch way
Think there was an announcement Tommy smart going there for one

Negative Police
15-12-2020, 10:21 PM
The 11-team men's second-division, the Northern League One, starts on March 20-21 with a double header at No.2 Sportsground featuring Cooks Hill versus Thornton and grand finalists New Lambton and Singleton..

Bremsstrahlung
16-12-2020, 12:52 PM
How does this work?
Lower grades alternate? Then firsts.
Or one group of fixtures, followed by other group.
Interesting.
Good on them for trying something different

Negative Police
16-12-2020, 08:14 PM
How does this work?
Interesting.

not sure but youd think some lowers will be on a different day.

Not Maradona
16-12-2020, 08:55 PM
How does this work?
Interesting.

New Lambton v Singleton Saturday
Cooks Hill v Thornton Sunday

Bremsstrahlung
16-12-2020, 10:28 PM
So the only thing double header about it is the same neutral venue....?
Interesting idea, wonder why?
Playing matches on same day could increase crowds and make sense. Not sure playing separate days at a neutral venue would do much to increase the status of games.
Is it a “treat” to play on these grounds for the various clubs I wonder?

ForeverRed
17-12-2020, 08:53 AM
Playing matches on same day could increase crowds and make sense. Not sure playing separate days at a neutral venue would do much to increase the status of games.

Clubs would be throwing money away I believe not playing at home

Bremsstrahlung
17-12-2020, 09:54 AM
Clubs would be throwing money away I believe not playing at home

Yeah agreed.
Making assumptions here, I’m sure some here are more in the know, but I assume they aren’t getting canteen sales, no or split admissions, maybe not a big deal for home supporters given its cooks hill and new lambton as home teams. So clubs lose out $$. NNSWF lose out money (hope it’s not clubs footing the bills).

Just not sure what they are trying to achieve here other than branding it as a “double header” because they got a good deal to hire the ground for the whole weekend.

Play some juniors in the morning, encourage their attendance to stay, get the Jets there in some Capacity, make a festival day about it, introduce some novelty to proceedings.

Not being 100% neggy for the sake of it, but can anybody see any positives about this?

TauZero
17-12-2020, 11:45 AM

My guess is it's just ground access - Cooks Hill and New Lambton both play at shared grounds, and summer season doesn't end until 31 March.

Jardelsimage
17-12-2020, 11:52 AM
My guess is it's just ground access - Cooks Hill and New Lambton both play at shared grounds, and summer season doesn't end until 31 March.

Cooks Hill dont have a pitch in the middle? not sure about Alder Park, good pick up, but cant see that being a concern.

Hunter403
17-12-2020, 01:53 PM
Shared with athletics perhaps rather than cricket?

Retro Jet
21-12-2020, 12:09 AM
We're almost certain to have our irrigation going in on Athfield in the New Year - hence the 'home' game Rnd 1 over the road, BYE, 3 away games then back at Athfield on May Day.
Makes a change for the 8 outta 1st 10 rounds at home 2018, 6 straight at home last year and 6 outta 9 at home (inc BYE) this season gone.

We have a good relationship with Athletics (NAFMI) on usage and maintenance levels and always try to work with, rather than against each other.

Goatscheese
22-12-2020, 09:24 PM
(hope it’s not clubs footing the bills).

It's not going to be Northern

Goatscheese
22-12-2020, 09:24 PM
We're almost certain to have our irrigation going in on Athfield in the New Year - hence the 'home' game Rnd 1 over the road, BYE, 3 away games then back at Athfield on May Day.
Makes a change for the 8 outta 1st 10 rounds at home 2018, 6 straight at home last year and 6 outta 9 at home (inc BYE) this season gone.

We have a good relationship with Athletics (NAFMI) on usage and maintenance levels and always try to work with, rather than against each other.

Seems South Cardiff got given that honour this time 7 of the first 11 are home

Bremsstrahlung
23-12-2020, 10:15 AM
It's not going to be Northern

Yehhh that’s been determined now.
At the time of post it was unknown what the reason was for the “double header”

Goatscheese
24-12-2020, 08:59 PM
Yehhh that’s been determined now.
At the time of post it was unknown what the reason was for the “double header”

What is the reason?