PDA

View Full Version : 2020 National Premier League thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Hurricane
20-04-2020, 03:40 PM
One round starting in July gets it all finished before Cricket

Could work with some midweek fixtures Alton, otherwise we would need cricket to start a few weeks late. Historically C&S cricket has started on the second Saturday in October. July 5 to October 11 is only a 15 week window, plus the restrictions are in place until June 28 at the moment before you can start training or anything. I can't see them lifting restrictions on June 28 and kicking the comp off 7 or 8 days later.
Fingers crossed the cricket competitions will push their start back to November

Goatscheese
22-04-2020, 06:05 PM
Could work with some midweek fixtures Alton, otherwise we would need cricket to start a few weeks late. Historically C&S cricket has started on the second Saturday in October. July 5 to October 11 is only a 15 week window, plus the restrictions are in place until June 28 at the moment before you can start training or anything. I can't see them lifting restrictions on June 28 and kicking the comp off 7 or 8 days later.
Fingers crossed the cricket competitions will push their start back to November

Northern mentioned they were working with local councils regarding this and someone on here mentioned that Lake Macquarie had told the cricket associations that they will have 1st right access to the fields from November this year rather than October

Hurricane
22-04-2020, 06:22 PM
Northern mentioned they were working with local councils regarding this and someone on here mentioned that Lake Macquarie had told the cricket associations that they will have 1st right access to the fields from November this year rather than October

That is great news from LMCC if it's true Goats. Then we just need the 3 other councils, Newcastle Maitland and Cessnock, to do similar and things are looking good.
Then our only obstacle is this stupid virus

Hurricane
22-04-2020, 09:14 PM
Newcastle Rugby league has released July 18 as their tentative date for their season to kick off.
Surely Northern could release a possible start date, to give everyone something to look forward to

Dontknowmuch
23-04-2020, 01:35 PM
Newcastle Rugby league has released July 18 as their tentative date for their season to kick off.
Surely Northern could release a possible start date, to give everyone something to look forward to

Our season will start before then

Onyatoes
25-04-2020, 04:23 PM
Our season will start before then Lots of guesstimates still flying around this forum. I've been a little busy and missed some of the action. 4 July return end late October according to a meeting that was conducted this week apparently between NNSWF and all NPL Clubs and NL1 /WPL. Games behind closed doors at worst, maybe minimal crowds depends on Govt social gathering but don't expect more than 50 before September. What doesn't seem common knowledge is the groundswell of negativity pointed at NNSWF by NPL clubs who have petitioned the AAFC who are saying that they cannot afford to play without a gate or canteen and alcohol revenue. ALL bar Edgey said they could not afford it, one said it will end them. ALL though want Youth to proceed. Not because of some last minute care, but because most have spent the Youth Regos on 2019 /20 expenses. Even if Senior players play for nothing, NPL clubs cannot refund parents. Too many clubs for too long siphoning Youth Regos to pay overpaid players has come back to haunt them. Even if Senior NPL is cancelled and Youth proceeds, NNSWF will be forced to conduct viability audits. Council also whilst ever NL1 and WPL teams circle and demand to share grounds. Insolvent brands will have no legs to stand on. When the Senior v Youth question was put to NL1 teams, one spoke up about the negative impact whilst 2 metro teams said they would be able to proceed with Seniors and Youth and with full refunds if cancelled. Player wages in NL1 seem to be the new manageable standard for amateur players in NPL going forward. A free rego and a win bonus is about all that the economy can afford. No more sign on fees and small mortgage repayment for ex A League players or average local players. Community/Junior football. All very uncertain. Social distancing is not palatable to Mums and Dad's and impossible if less than 50 at a local park.

Goatscheese
25-04-2020, 05:30 PM
Started so well and then lost it putting all thoughts into one paragraph. I broke it up into different areas but still have questions on your thoughts

What doesn't seem common knowledge is the groundswell of negativity pointed at NNSWF by NPL clubs who have petitioned the AAFC who are saying that they cannot afford to play without a gate or canteen and alcohol revenue.

I thought everyone knew this.

Even if Senior NPL is cancelled and Youth proceeds, NNSWF will be forced to conduct viability audits.

Have Northern said this or is this your thoughts? Northern won't necessarily like what it finds.

Council also whilst ever NL1 and WPL teams circle and demand to share grounds.

What? Council will be forced to conduct viability audits?

whilst 2 metro teams said they would be able to proceed with Seniors and Youth and with full refunds if cancelled.

Metro teams?

anfield
26-04-2020, 09:58 PM
Hard to see the NPL and local football being played for months. The NRL is looking to start on May 28, although they are going to have to compete under heavy health and safety guidelines. The NRL is basically going to quarantine players this is something local football can't.

Hurricane
27-04-2020, 01:34 PM
Heard from last week's meeting between the clubs and Northern, that at least 3 NPL clubs are wanting the season cancelled, due to no gate or canteen takings they won't be able to meet player payments.
Why don't the clubs finally band together and say to the players, sorry but with no crowds, so no revenue coming in, plus it's very doubtful that a lot of sponsors may meet their obligations, there will be no player payments this, season and we will go back to the status quo next year.
Let the ones who don't like it sit this, season out and they can come back next year.
It will quickly show the clubs which players that they really want board at their clubs

Swanky
27-04-2020, 04:26 PM
Heard from last week's meeting between the clubs and Northern, that at least 3 NPL clubs are wanting the season cancelled, due to no gate or canteen takings they won't be able to meet player payments.
Why don't the clubs finally band together and say to the players, sorry but with no crowds, so no revenue coming in, plus it's very doubtful that a lot of sponsors may meet their obligations, there will be no player payments this, season and we will go back to the status quo next year.
Let the ones who don't like it sit this, season out and they can come back next year.
It will quickly show the clubs which players that they really want board at their clubs

How can you expect players and coaches to train 3 times a week and play on the weekend and not get paid for it
As for the volunteers who turn up to see there mates at games that now cant go it will be like going to work for them.
Its local football if crowds cant go its a waste of time playing.
Who will pay for the referees

Barry Dawson
27-04-2020, 06:52 PM
People haven’t always been paid to play “local” sport - they used to play it for enjoyment and a love for the game.
What drives the many volunteers on committees? Money? I know how many hours I put in every week for my club. And I am not driven by “what’s in it for me”.
What makes these players think they are above this? How have we condition “local” players to think this ok? $1500 a game some are reported on this forum as receiving. Makes me really wonder where things have gone too.
These are pretty unusual times and surely players can see beyond their own wallets - because without clubs and the volunteers (who are not paid), they don’t even have a game to strap their boots on for.

Hurricane
27-04-2020, 09:18 PM
How can you expect players and coaches to train 3 times a week and play on the weekend and not get paid for it
As for the volunteers who turn up to see there mates at games that now cant go it will be like going to work for them.
Its local football if crowds cant go its a waste of time playing.
Who will pay for the referees

In normal circumstances you wouldn't Swanky, but these aren't normal circumstances are they. If it's a 3 or 4 month season, let the players and coaches who want to play because they miss it play, and the same as the volunteers. There will be enough to cover the gaps of the players who won't do it without being paid.
Everyone misses it that much, you may be surprised, and for the greedy ones who don't understand, let them sit at home.
There are plenty of players and coaches outside of the NPL who do it for the love of the game, and volunteers who just want to watch their team play.
And as for the referees, surely NPL clubs, are financial enough to cover the home referee fees out of the money they make from rego fees

Hurricane
27-04-2020, 09:25 PM
Surely this is a better scenario than clubs going broke, after all, it's supposed to be amateur / semi pro isn't it. As far as I see it, if a club has players or a player they have been paying over $500 - $1000 a week for a few years and said player refused to play for free, after being well looked after by the club, then is this really a player you want at your club.
Time to make the players accountable and see where the chips fall, in fact all of the clubs should use this time to band together for once, and make a stand and all clubs agree, no match payments this year due to no crowds or revenue.
Could change the face of our competition forever and stop the gouging of youth registrations

BS detecor
27-04-2020, 09:53 PM
Surely this is a better scenario than clubs going broke, after all, it's supposed to be amateur / semi pro isn't it. As far as I see it, if a club has players or a player they have been paying over $500 - $1000 a week for a few years and said player refused to play for free, after being well looked after by the club, then is this really a player you want at your club.
Time to make the players accountable and see where the chips fall, in fact all of the clubs should use this time to band together for once, and make a stand alclubs agree, no match payments this year due to no crowds or revenue.
Could change the face of our competition forever and stop the gouging of youth registrations

Agree 100%. I couldn’t name 1 player who’s absence would affect the comp negatively. If players won’t play the game they love for free in these circumstances, throw in some 18s who will. In fact, if any positive could come out of this it would be a realisation that Clubs don’t need to pay over the hill players stupid wages and more of the kids rego money can go to improving the grassroots and youth who still have a dream.
Go back to the days of $50 a win and $20 a draw

Hurricane
28-04-2020, 12:31 AM
Agree 100%. I couldn’t name 1 player who’s absence would affect the comp negatively. If players won’t play the game they love for free in these circumstances, throw in some 18s who will. In fact, if any positive could come out of this it would be a realisation that Clubs don’t need to pay over the hill players stupid wages and more of the kids rego money can go to improving the grassroots and youth who still have a dream.
Go back to the days of $50 a win and $20 a draw

Certainly showing you are age here detector. You would need to go back 25 years or so for those player payments

Barry Dawson
28-04-2020, 08:22 AM
But seriously, have our “local” players gotten any better and in turn the quality of football improved where “local players” (and I am not classing the a-league retirees in this group) are being paid extraordinary game payments? Do any/many give back to the game and their juniors? The fact we are are having a discussion about no pay - no play, would suggest not.
The game can not afford what we currently have.
A regional city, limited sponsorship dollars, shallow player pool and a awakening group of parents not wanting little Billy or Mary’s registration fees going to prop us investment in senior players.
The fact that some clubs continue to use rego deposits to pay players of the season past emphasises my point.
If we were to change things up - what would they be?
Player payments would have to be one area. Another are the NNNSW driven facility standards.
I would prefer to watch a cracking game of football standing on the fence, than a shite game in a new glossy new Grandstand - and all the while paying $$$ for the privilege.

Johnno
28-04-2020, 10:07 AM
But seriously, have our “local” players gotten any better and in turn the quality of football improved where “local players” (and I am not classing the a-league retirees in this group) are being paid extraordinary game payments? Do any/many give back to the game and their juniors? The fact we are are having a discussion about no pay - no play, would suggest not.
The game can not afford what we currently have.
A regional city, limited sponsorship dollars, shallow player pool and a awakening group of parents not wanting little Billy or Mary’s registration fees going to prop us investment in senior players.
The fact that some clubs continue to use rego deposits to pay players of the season past emphasises my point.
If we were to change things up - what would they be?
Player payments would have to be one area. Another are the NNNSW driven facility standards.
I would prefer to watch a cracking game of football standing on the fence, than a shite game in a new glossy new Grandstand - and all the while paying $$$ for the privilege.

Agree. I’m amazed by story in Herald today. Clubs have to pay Northern near enough to $40,000 to compete in the competition this is virtually before a ball is kicked. You can then add inflated player payments on top of that. No wonder if they can’t play in front of crowds they want the season cancelled. I’d say there’s a big chance that that’s what will happen if restrictions aren’t lifted regarding gatherings.

Hurricane
28-04-2020, 10:36 AM
Times that by 10 clubs Johnno and Northern are raking in nearly $400,000 per season through the NPL clubs and they return about a massive $25,000 in prize money for winning the Premiership or Gf

Swanky
28-04-2020, 11:02 AM
Agree. I’m amazed by story in Herald today. Clubs have to pay Northern near enough to $40,000 to compete in the competition this is virtually before a ball is kicked. You can then add inflated player payments on top of that. No wonder if they can’t play in front of crowds they want the season cancelled. I’d say there’s a big chance that that’s what will happen if restrictions aren’t lifted regarding gatherings.

Sometimes you need to know the real story behind why clubs needs crowds to games
Everyone blames coaches and players for being greedy
If you win the double you don't even get your money back

Barry Dawson
28-04-2020, 12:48 PM
Not quite as high - but sigificant - are the comps fees to NNSW for NEWFM and WPL

Hunter403
28-04-2020, 02:30 PM
Can someone post the article here?

Johnno
28-04-2020, 02:52 PM
Can someone post the article here?

Sorry to do in this format but it’s hidden behind Heralds paywall so if you don’t subscribe you wouldn’t be able to read.

Northern NSW Football boss David Eland says it would be disappointing for everyone if the region's best male players did not get on the field this year because of financial reasons but he has been encouraged by feedback from NPL clubs.

NNSWF and NPL club representatives met online last week to discuss the potential return in July of the top men's division, which was suspended just before the season kick-off in March because of the COVID-19 pandemic. It followed a meeting and subsequent survey of clubs this month.

While a likely relaxing of government restrictions in coming weeks could allow community sport to resume, the NPL faces the potential challenge of operating without spectators, gate takings and canteen profits.

Like in the Newcastle Rugby League, most, if not all, first-grade players in the NNSW NPL are paid and clubs rely heavily on game-day revenue and sponsors to fund payments.

Eland said NNSWF had presented a worst-case scenario of no crowds this year to NPL clubs, who had been asked for more information this week on their financial situation and potential losses in 2020.

He said NNSWF was also "very prepared to look at the participation fees and do whatever we can to lighten the burden on clubs". NPL clubs pay a participation fee of $38,475.20, which includes collected senior and youth registrations totalling $15,565.20. Other costs in the total include FFA entry ($825) and match official fees ($11,580).

Regardless of a concession, most clubs will need to cut player wages this year, especially given the financial blow to many sponsors in the pandemic. Eland, though, said he had been encouraged by the spirit of cooperation.

"The feedback we have is a number of clubs have already had those discussions with their players, that sport at every level is going to be different and the NPL isn't immune," Eland said.

"It's going to be different if it resumes in 2020 and all stakeholders are going to have to work together for the benefit of the game. I think it would be disappointing for everyone if the best players in Northern NSW didn't get to play this year.

"The feedback we got was that, of course players make a big commitment and they would like to be paid, but overwhelmingly it was we want to play. We don't want to be sitting the season out."

Eland said NPL clubs wanted NNSWF to work towards having crowds of up to 500 people, which was an initial government COVID-19 restriction on outdoor gatherings, but they also "just want to see football".

NPL standing committee chairperson Andrew Bozinovski said last week's meeting was positive and "clubs want to get the comp going" but he believed many will not support playing senior football without crowds.

"There's a fair bit of concern among the clubs about social distancing and financial viability if a large proportion of the season is played behind closed doors," Bozinovski said.

"It would be more manageable for clubs if we went back to the 500 rule on crowds, but if it's participants only, I think a lot of clubs will have financial questions to resolve.

"A lot of the clubs' major sponsors are pubs and clubs, which are shut, so that puts even more pressure on canteen and gate takings. If you can't have that, that puts pressure on the first-grade comp. If the games are not open, that's concerning for some clubs."

Eland said seven of the 10 NPL clubs were prepared to play into late November to complete a season and it was possible given most have access to their ground all year. Clubs also said a home-and-away regular season was a priority over a shortened competition to allow for finals. He said most clubs wanted three weeks of training to prepare for the season.

He also said clubs accepted that first-grade matches would have priority in washout situations and lower-grade games lost to rain could be deemed 0-0 draws and not played.

Competition models, with variations in the number of midweek games, a season finish and the inclusion of a finals series, were presented to clubs for consideration.

hamburgler
28-04-2020, 08:46 PM
Eland talks about worst case no spectators.

NBN news tonight - story on
National Cabinet considering a plan to resume junior sport this Friday. The recommendation is spectators will be allowed and draws will be arranged to minimise at any one time at grounds.

A record of spectators would be kept to assist in controlling a localised outbreak of COVID19 if necessary.

Admittedly this was junior sport Australia wide, not specifically NNSW NPL.

But surely if the National Cabinet considers it appropriate to allow spectators to junior sport, given some of the crowd sizes at some of those match days, even if reduced crowds compared to normal, surely with appropriate distancing measures NPL could see crowd attendance at games this year.

It would be pathetic of FFA and/ or NNSW to prevent spectators attending NPL if National Cabinet approves!

Johnno
28-04-2020, 09:42 PM
Eland talks about worst case no spectators.

NBN news tonight - story on
National Cabinet considering a plan to resume junior sport this Friday. The recommendation is spectators will be allowed and draws will be arranged to minimise at any one time at grounds.

A record of spectators would be kept to assist in controlling a localised outbreak of COVID19 if necessary.

Admittedly this was junior sport Australia wide, not specifically NNSW NPL.

But surely if the National Cabinet considers it appropriate to allow spectators to junior sport, given some of the crowd sizes at some of those match days, even if reduced crowds compared to normal, surely with appropriate distancing measures NPL could see crowd attendance at games this year.

It would be pathetic of FFA and/ or NNSW to prevent spectators attending NPL if National Cabinet approves!

100% Burgler only thing is it is not from this Friday the Cabinet are meeting Friday to discuss but positive signs from Govt.

BS detecor
28-04-2020, 10:13 PM
100% Burgler only thing is it is not from this Friday the Cabinet are meeting Friday to discuss but positive signs from Govt.

Surely the size of the crowds and the size of the grounds would lend to plenty of room to spread out around the field and use common sense at the canteen. Maybe clubs could set up a couple of beer stations around the ground to the drinkers.
What’s an NPL average crowd anyway. If it’s 500 I’d be surprised

hamburgler
28-04-2020, 10:17 PM
Surely the size of the crowds and the size of the grounds would lend to plenty of room to spread out around the field and use common sense at the canteen. Maybe clubs could set up a couple of beer stations around the ground to the drinkers.
What’s an NPL average crowd anyway. If it’s 500 I’d be surprised

Completely agree Detector

Let’s hope some common sense prevails

Goatscheese
29-04-2020, 12:27 AM
Sometimes you need to know the real story behind why clubs needs crowds to games
Everyone blames coaches and players for being greedy
If you win the double you don't even get your money back

Yeah it is amazing, you go on to win and you don't even get the comp fee back. It's standard for Northern, similar to their five a side comps, the winning team gets their money back. Better to keep the money and just go to the pub

Hunter403
29-04-2020, 03:39 PM
I'd love to see the breakdown of exactly where the $38,475.20 goes...but I think we can all guess

Onyatoes
30-04-2020, 02:02 PM
I'd love to see the breakdown of exactly where the $38,475.20 goes...but I think we can all guess Apparently 50 FT/PT/Casual staff at Speers Point. 7 branded cars, all probably leased. Corporate wages to "Management" to manage park football......All whilst the clubs they are supposed to govern trade themselves into insolvency whilst drifting Regos off Youth parents with stars in their eyes to pay inflated wages to average players. Smell a lot like misappropriation to me....

sammydog
30-04-2020, 02:45 PM

I'd love to see the breakdown of exactly where the $38,475.20 goes...but I think we can all guess

The Herald article said NPL clubs pay a participation fee of $38,475.20, which includes collected senior and youth registrations totalling $15,565.20. Other costs in the total include FFA entry ($825) and match official fees ($11,580).

So take out the match offical fees, registration fees and FFA fee and the NPL entry fee is what, $10,505??

Entry into ZPL is $3500.

The entry fee isn't killing clubs.

Jardelsimage
01-05-2020, 06:58 AM
The Herald article said NPL clubs pay a participation fee of $38,475.20, which includes collected senior and youth registrations totalling $15,565.20. Other costs in the total include FFA entry ($825) and match official fees ($11,580).

So take out the match offical fees, registration fees and FFA fee and the NPL entry fee is what, $10,505??

Entry into ZPL is $3500.

The entry fee isn't killing clubs.

Entry fee is 10K I believe and yes its not the fees killing clubs, its the egos of over paid players who just keep wanting more...paid to them by the egos of clubs that what to win the NPL and 2HD comps.

Onyatoes
02-05-2020, 05:36 PM
Entry fee is 10K I believe and yes its not the fees killing clubs, its the egos of over paid players who just keep wanting more...paid to them by the egos of clubs that what to win the NPL and 2HD comps.Any club paying overs to win either Men's Comp or WPL deserves what they get. These clubs that are trading insolvently is a failure of Northern to correctly govern. All the talk last year of new NPL etc...a perfect time to put a broom through NPL, do some due diligence and add a couple of new clubs who have a fiscal policy to cope without a year of beer sales.......12 team NPL, shared grounds and resources....strong clubs, salary caps.......start over.

ForeverRed
02-05-2020, 10:39 PM
In the first year of NPL the player points system was perfect for all clubs but no, the greedy cubs wanted it changed because it didn’t suit their greedy egos, so the rich got richer and the poor got poorer

Hurricane
04-05-2020, 10:03 PM
Interesting article in the Newy Herald today

Johnno
04-05-2020, 11:47 PM
Interesting article in the Newy Herald today

Very. Hearing from a club contact that some players are more than happy now to sit out season then to recommence training and play for much less in front of no crowds. I’ve also been told three clubs have told nnswf that they won’t play if they can’t have crowds. Not sure who those clubs are. Anyone know?

Hurricane
05-05-2020, 12:01 AM
Very. Hearing from a club contact that some players are more than happy now to sit out season then to recommence training and play for much less in front of no crowds. I’ve also been told three clubs have told nnswf that they won’t play if they can’t have crowds. Not sure who those clubs are. Anyone know?
A club contact of which club Johnno

BS detecor
05-05-2020, 12:41 AM

Cool, bring in some youngsters and 3 less teams means it will be easier to fit the season in to the shortened time period. Win win

Hurricane
05-05-2020, 09:35 AM

I heard Olympic Azzurri and Weston this morning

Barry Dawson
05-05-2020, 03:59 PM
Of significance also (maybe not to most) is the extension of the season to end of October will land a number of players in senior teams, bang in the middle of the HSC!

Goatscheese
05-05-2020, 07:02 PM
Of significance also (maybe not to most) is the extension of the season to end of October will land a number of players in senior teams, bang in the middle of the HSC!

Affect the U18s and Reserves more than 1st grade

Goatscheese
05-05-2020, 07:03 PM
I heard Olympic Azzurri and Weston this morning

Oh well let them flounder, I'm sure they have enough players in reserves that can play up and both games.

Hurricane
07-05-2020, 05:18 PM
Did anyone else see today's article in the Herald.
Coaches and players at Lake Macquarie are coaching and playing for free this, season. Great initiative by the group, putting the club and the game first.
Wonder if any clubs will follow suit

Aegon
07-05-2020, 07:00 PM
Coaches and players at Lake Macquarie are coaching and playing for free this, season. Great initiative by the group, putting the club and the game first.

Great news, doubt many will follow unfortunately.

Captain_Carl
08-05-2020, 12:53 AM

Yes most will follow. Just you wait and see!

Hurricane
08-05-2020, 02:16 AM
I don't think Valentine will be one that follows sorry Carl. The coaches possibly, but not many of the hired big guns. Not picking on Valentine, you could throw the names of the Jaffas, Magic, Olympic, Edgeworth, Maitland or whoever you want here.
Lakes and Adamstown will find it very easy to do as they don't have any players on big money.

Captain_Carl
08-05-2020, 09:01 AM
I don't think Valentine will be one that follows sorry Carl. The coaches possibly, but not many of the hired big guns. Not picking on Valentine, you could throw the names of the Jaffas, Magic, Olympic, Edgeworth, Maitland or whoever you want here.
Lakes and Adamstown will find it very easy to do as they don't have any players on big money.

I am talking about clubs as opposed to individuals. Certain individuals may (and will) opt out of playing for free but their club will promote younger players to fill that void. This season is likely to be very different and the advice I am receiving from those in the know is the majority of clubs have agreed to play for no pay. There will be others who will still want to win at all cost however. Damian Zane was quoted in The Newcastle Herald as saying, “For me, if we played, there would always be an asterisk beside the winners because it will be different, but it’s just about playing.”

Onyatoes
08-05-2020, 09:30 AM
I am talking about clubs as opposed to individuals. Certain individuals may (and will) opt out of playing for free but their club will promote younger players to fill that void. This season is likely to be very different and the advice I am receiving from those in the know is the majority of clubs have agreed to play for no pay. There will be others who will still want to win at all cost however. Damian Zane was quoted in The Newcastle Herald as saying, “For me, if we played, there would always be an asterisk beside the winners because it will be different, but it’s just about playing.”
Clubs and a majority of players will take a pay cut. Or else they will tell everyone they are but a few might put the arm around a couple and sling them something later. That is the very clear message coming from most. It will be different but surely all agree different is a necessity and major change is needed? These clubs who trade insolvently year to year, pilfering Youth money whilst pretending to give a shit about development are literally killing the game and they are embarrassing. Unless you spend what you cannot afford, (Maitland last year Jaffas every year), you don't compete. NNSWF have done zero over the years toward any kind of true governance. These clubs are not PREMIER in any way shape or form. Are we really accepting of letting these beat up old cars stay in the race? It becomes more laughable by the day. Eland has a chance to use this time to re boot the entire region and strengthen the association as other codes suffer from a similar fiscal policy that really mirrors a chook raffle. Any clubs who are openly struggling need to be audited. If they cannot meet strict financial criteria, move them on. He won't, same old rubbish albeit with clean hands will be the new world order. Job done.

Hunter403
08-05-2020, 03:05 PM
Unless you spend what you cannot afford, (Maitland last year Jaffas every year), you don't compete.

So, you've got access to both clubs financials have you? Either prove the accuracy of your accusations or stop.

Hurricane
08-05-2020, 04:23 PM
So, you've got access to both clubs financials have you? Either prove the acuracy of your accusations or stop.
Makes it up as he goes along Hunter

Bull fighter
09-05-2020, 09:25 PM
Football SA is allowing teams to resume training this week with social distancing protocols.

Goatscheese
09-05-2020, 09:47 PM
Football SA is allowing teams to resume training this week with social distancing protocols.

Helps to be in a state that has only had one confirmed case in two weeks

Onyatoes
19-05-2020, 10:09 PM
So, you've got access to both clubs financials have you? Either prove the acuracy of your accusations or stop.Well.....if you take a look boys, I have been spot on so far about most things. You don't need to be Einstein to work out that when Maitland go from 8th to a GF and Thommo and Young Cowburn front up with the Swann bros that they have broken the bank....As for Jaffas, if they had money to spend they wouldn't have approached Merewether WPL to share their ground to block New Lambton taking over. Open your eyes boys and girls. The only thing Premier about the local comp is the cock up way in which they trade. Magic and Olympic have community cash that props them up, otherwise the whole thing folds. In fact if the new group of ex pros looking to reinvent the game get their way, NNSWF won't exist. Maybe a good thing.

Hunter403
19-05-2020, 10:56 PM
Well.....if you take a look boys, I have been spot on so far about most things. You don't need to be Einstein to work out that when Maitland go from 8th to a GF and Thommo and Young Cowburn front up with the Swann bros that they have broken the bank....As for Jaffas, if they had money to spend they wouldn't have approached Merewether WPL to share their ground to block New Lambton taking over. Open your eyes boys and girls. The only thing Premier about the local comp is the cock up way in which they trade. Magic and Olympic have community cash that props them up, otherwise the whole thing folds. In fact if the new group of ex pros looking to reinvent the game get their way, NNSWF won't exist. Maybe a good thing.

My issue is that you said:

"Unless you spend what you cannot afford, (Maitland last year Jaffas every year)"

I said prove it or shut up. You still have proved nothing. Where is your proof that those clubs spend what they can't afford? The fact that they are still going might put a hole in your argument.

I am not sure how having money would enable Jaffas to block New Lambton's bid to use Edden. Are you suggesting that they could pay someone to block New Lambton? The rumoured approach to Merewether WNPL would be more about getting Jaffas usage of Edden higher to counter any argument from New Lambton in that area. From what I have heard, New Lambton's way of going about getting on to Edden has upset more than just Jaffas.

I will agree with you that getting rid of the administrative body that is NNSW Football would be a good thing. Handle all admin nationally. The problem with centralising everything is that everyone outside of Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane will be forgotten. Happens in every line of business in this country. There will be someone appointed as a head honcho for the area (maybe a small staff) because if there isn't, who will take the regions problems to the national body? Who will sort the local competitions? No one.

Goatscheese
19-05-2020, 11:15 PM
I am not sure how having money would enable Jaffas to block New Lambton's bid to use Edden. Are you suggesting that they could pay someone to block New Lambton? The rumoured approach to Merewether WNPL would be more about getting Jaffas usage of Edden higher to counter any argument from New Lambton in that area. From what I have heard, New Lambton's way of going about getting on to Edden has upset more than just Jaffas.

Indeed Jaffas don't need to share the grounds to get money, and that wouldn't work anyway because Merewether would be paying council not Jaffas. Also ignores the bloke that funds the Jaffas, as long as they have him (and his kids are allowed to play for the club) they don't need to find other ways of getting coin.

Hurricane
19-05-2020, 11:49 PM
Well.....if you take a look boys, I have been spot on so far about most things. You don't need to be Einstein to work out that when Maitland go from 8th to a GF and Thommo and Young Cowburn front up with the Swann bros that they have broken the bank....As for Jaffas, if they had money to spend they wouldn't have approached Merewether WPL to share their ground to block New Lambton taking over. Open your eyes boys and girls. The only thing Premier about the local comp is the cock up way in which they trade. Magic and Olympic have community cash that props them up, otherwise the whole thing folds. In fact if the new group of ex pros looking to reinvent the game get their way, NNSWF won't exist. Maybe a good thing.

How did Maitland go from 8th to a gf.
Last 4 year's results
2016 4th lost to Edgeworth in semi
2017 8th
2018 3rd lost to Magic in semi
2019 PREMIERS lost to Edgy in gf.
Still seem to be going with a strong squad this season, so the bank may not be broken.
Jaffas have money to spend every year, good sponsors, especially Sneddo.
Who are you involved with Onyatoes

Barry Dawson
20-05-2020, 11:30 AM
I “think” what Onyatoes is generally saying is, like any business, if a club is spending $x on players and that spend is so high that they are unable to trade in an economically constrained environment (eg like we are seeing now) or they are relying on the income from the following fiscal year to pay the debts of year before - its not a responsible position to be in.
There are clubs right now who are definitely struggling. At least one I know (as you all would know) uses is gifted significant $$ from the it Interdistrict/Community teams every year. What will the impact be if juniors don’t play for this club - another major hit to an already depleted budget.
The reason why clubs are so intent on playing SAP and Youth? They need that rego help the club afloat. No question - ask your clubs for a breakdown of their budgets. Trust me - only those who could play seniors without SAP and Youth playing are truely sustainable

Hurricane
20-05-2020, 12:41 PM
I “think” what Onyatoes is generally saying is, like any business, if a club is spending $x on players and that spend is so high that they are unable to trade in an economically constrained environment (eg like we are seeing now) or they are relying on the income from the following fiscal year to pay the debts of year before - its not a responsible position to be in.
There are clubs right now who are definitely struggling. At least one I know (as you all would know) uses is gifted significant $$ from the it Interdistrict/Community teams every year. What will the impact be if juniors don’t play for this club - another major hit to an already depleted budget.
The reason why clubs are so intent on playing SAP and Youth? They need that rego help the club afloat. No question - ask your clubs for a breakdown of their budgets. Trust me - only those who could play seniors without SAP and Youth playing are truely sustainable

Yeah I agree with those points from Onyatoes, and you can look at past clubs histories and it is a proven fact, Lakes probably a standout from the days they had Babic, Brown, Swancott, Burt, O'Sullivan running around.
But you can't paint every club the same, and if some clubs work harder as a committee and recruit plenty of sponsors and run their club properly, good luck to them and who cares what they spend.
I agree with both of you about certain clubs robbing their youth to pay 1st grade, even the next year's rego money.

ForeverRed
20-05-2020, 06:09 PM
Yeah I agree with those points from Onyatoes, and you can look at past clubs histories and it is a proven fact, Lakes probably a standout from the days they had Babic, Brown, Swancott, Burt, O'Sullivan running around.
But you can't paint every club the same, and if some clubs work harder as a committee and recruit plenty of sponsors and run their club properly, good luck to them and who cares what they spend.
I agree with both of you about certain clubs robbing their youth to pay 1st grade, even the next year's rego money.
Every club does it, there’s no doubt about it

Hurricane
23-05-2020, 11:23 AM
Has anyone heard the rumour that first and reserve grade NPL is only 13 rounds this year???

Barry Dawson
23-05-2020, 11:19 PM
That’s what has been presented to NNSW by Clubs - late this week.
Whether NNSW consider it or not will be interesting.
Makes good sense in many respects - when considering the financial elements facing clubs

Hurricane
27-05-2020, 01:59 AM
Caleb Cox from Weston to Jaffas

hamburgler
28-05-2020, 08:10 PM
I was at Westfield today, hundreds perhaps thousands of people there, social distancing not so great.
I cannot believe Northern will not allow spectators at games with appropriate distancing.
Plenty of space around all grounds for the couple of hundred at grounds to spread out.
And don’t start me on schools and school buses, good they are back at school but over 1000 kids in my sons school and at times dozens of kids pretty close to each other so my son says.
So why no appropriately spaced spectators at NPL??!

And just now watching Brisbane Broncos fans parked side by side watching a big screen of the game tonight, most people sitting at the back or front of their car, 70 cars, over 250 people, all families at least 2 metres apart, yet same can’t be done according to the fools at Northern!

Imyourhero
28-05-2020, 08:54 PM
While I neither agree nor disagree with your statements. Wouldn't the rule be driven by current government policy re: crowds? I could only assume if the government moves to 100+ people come kickoff time that spectators may be allowed?

ForeverRed
28-05-2020, 10:38 PM
I was at Westfield today, hundreds perhaps thousands of people there, social distancing not so great.
I cannot believe Northern will not allow spectators at games with appropriate distancing.
Plenty of space around all grounds for the couple of hundred at grounds to spread out.
And don’t start me on schools and school buses, good they are back at school but over 1000 kids in my sons school and at times dozens of kids pretty close to each other so my son says.
So why no appropriately spaced spectators at NPL??!

And just now watching Brisbane Broncos fans parked side by side watching a big screen of the game tonight, most people sitting at the back or front of their car, 70 cars, over 250 people, all families at least 2 metres apart, yet same can’t be done according to the fools at Northern!
Of course Northern make all the rules, I know who the fool is here

Hurricane
31-05-2020, 12:09 AM
So 13 round competition it is. What are everyone's thoughts on this, will they bring out a new draw?

Goatscheese
31-05-2020, 11:10 AM
So 13 round competition it is. What are everyone's thoughts on this, will they bring out a new draw?

Teams were notified of it last week

Hurricane
31-05-2020, 12:04 PM
Teams were notified of it last week

Of the 13 round comp Goatscheese or of a new draw

Goatscheese
31-05-2020, 12:38 PM
Of the 13 round comp Goatscheese or of a new draw

The new draw a memo was sent out showing them the rounds they play on what weekend and the dates of the finals.

Hurricane
31-05-2020, 01:01 PM
The new draw a memo was sent out showing them the rounds they play on what weekend and the dates of the finals.

Thanks, yeah I just heard it will follow the original draw from July 11.
So round 1 will be
Jaffas vs Edgeworth
Maitland vs Olympic
Broadmeadow vs Adamstown
Weston vs Azzurri
Lakes vs Valentine

Walker
11-06-2020, 08:15 AM
Some interesting reads in the herald last few days
Azzurri and Olympic losing players, various reasons, work, study, boarders.

Also read that clubs have imposed a player transfer hold, PPS I believe, except Jaffas obviously,

Wonder if non PPS players can move, Olympic probably not so effected, they have had strong 20’s etc but Azzurri, not so, is it an opportunity for fringe player, or do clubs just do their best this season.

Will be interesting

Aegon
11-06-2020, 11:04 AM
Some interesting reads in the herald last few days
Azzurri and Olympic losing players, various reasons, work, study, boarders.

Also read that clubs have imposed a player transfer hold, PPS I believe, except Jaffas obviously,

Wonder if non PPS players can move, Olympic probably not so effected, they have had strong 20’s etc but Azzurri, not so, is it an opportunity for fringe player, or do clubs just do their best this season.

Will be interesting

Does Lake Mac pulling the pin affect their Premier comp teams?

Hurricane
18-06-2020, 01:38 PM
Draw has been released, biggest clash first round is the Premiers Maitland against the Grand Final winners Edgeworth.
Should be a great contest, but why have Nnsw scheduled all 5 matches to kick off at the same time, 2.30 on a, Sunday afternoon

early_to_the_match
19-06-2020, 12:24 AM
Draw has been released, biggest clash first round is the Premiers Maitland against the Grand Final winners Edgeworth.
Should be a great contest, but why have Nnsw scheduled all 5 matches to kick off at the same time, 2.30 on a, Sunday afternoon
At least with BarTV, assuming they will still broadcast them, we can binge watch all the games on YouTube.

Hurricane
30-06-2020, 01:00 AM
Anybody know of any trial matches this weekend, can't wait to watch some football again

Hurricane
01-07-2020, 05:44 AM
Tonight
Azzurri and Adamstown. Weston and Toronto. Edgeworth and Cookers.

01-07-2020, 06:01 PM
Maitland v south Cardiff tonight at Southy

Hurricane
01-07-2020, 10:24 PM
Any scores

02-07-2020, 12:35 AM
Maitland 7 south Cardiff 0

Hurricane
02-07-2020, 11:43 AM
Edgy 7 Cookers 1
Adamstown 7 Azzurri 4

Alton
02-07-2020, 03:24 PM
Maitland 7 south Cardiff 0

Ouch, FR

Aegon
02-07-2020, 03:53 PM
Weston 6 Toronto 0

Blueboy
02-07-2020, 03:54 PM
Long year for Azzurri ??

Hurricane
02-07-2020, 11:18 PM
Long year for Azzurri ??

You would think so, conceding 7 against last years wooden Spooner.
Games this weekend
Edgeworth Jaffas
Maitland Adamstown
Olympic Azzurri

Barry Dawson
03-07-2020, 09:09 AM
Last night
Roosters 3 v New Lambton 4 (first v first)

Hurricane
05-07-2020, 12:52 AM
Magic 7 v Cookers 0
Edgeworth 2 v Jaffas 1
Azzurri 2 v Olympic 1
Another long year for Olympic by this result

Aegon
05-07-2020, 10:35 AM
Damian Zane to Magic in 2021?

Hurricane
05-07-2020, 11:01 AM
Correct. To be confirmed in coming days. Jobe to coach Edgeworth

Aegon
05-07-2020, 11:22 AM
Correct. To be confirmed in coming days. Jobe to coach Edgeworth

That’s a big shake up.

I wonder if Jobe coaching Edgy affects his association with the Stags.

Game_over
05-07-2020, 11:46 AM
https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/story/6819277/broadmeadow-magic-pull-off-coaching-coup-for-2021/

05-07-2020, 06:04 PM
Maitland 3 Adamstown 1

early_to_the_match
05-07-2020, 09:26 PM
Has it been confirmed that BarTV are broadcasting every NPL reserves and 1sts games this season?

Walker
06-07-2020, 08:02 AM
Damian Zane to Magic in 2021?

This is great news for the competition, Just shakes it up a bit. New coaches at two leading clubs, will create player movement, might make a few of the poorer performers from the last few years realise that players chase good coaches, so great news

But I do think that Zane has given Edgeworth, particularly Warren Mills a massive slap. A huge part of Zanes success was the unwavering support from Mills and the committee and they combined to create a fortress mentality out there at Jack McLaughlan, something I don’t think he will be able to replicate at Magic.
Big part will be B league and how Magic handle that.
Time will tell
Will enjoy watching

Aegon
06-07-2020, 07:36 PM
https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/story/6819676/updated-damian-zane-stands-down-keelan-hamilton-to-take-charge-of-edgeworth-in-2020/?cs=7580

Damian Zane has left Edgeworth with immediate effect.

ForeverRed
06-07-2020, 08:11 PM
This is great news for the competition, Just shakes it up a bit. New coaches at two leading clubs, will create player movement, might make a few of the poorer performers from the last few years realise that players chase good coaches, so great news

But I do think that Zane has given Edgeworth, particularly Warren Mills a massive slap. A huge part of Zanes success was the unwavering support from Mills and the committee and they combined to create a fortress mentality out there at Jack McLaughlan, something I don’t think he will be able to replicate at Magic.
Big part will be B league and how Magic handle that.
Time will tell
Will enjoy watching

Rubbish, he owes them nothing

Alton
07-07-2020, 11:22 AM

Interesting to see who they appoint next year

immersion
07-07-2020, 11:26 AM

Yes, I agree he doesn't owe them anything.

I have heard that he didn't tell anyone that he was in talks with Magic. There has obviously been a blow-up as Edgeworth were caught unawares. Pretty poor form to leave the playing group a week before the comp start and not informing the club. In my opinion, this is not the most decent of acts. But who knows what really happened.

Hopefully, everyone involved learns from the situation and each party has success in the future.

Stanley
07-07-2020, 12:00 PM
Yes, I agree he doesn't owe them anything.

I have heard that he didn't tell anyone that he was in talks with Magic. There has obviously been a blow-up as Edgeworth were caught unawares. Pretty poor form to leave the playing group a week before the comp start and not informing the club. In my opinion, this is not the most decent of acts. But who knows what really happened.

Hopefully, everyone involved learns from the situation and each party has success in the future.

I don't know if its poor form or a smart move on Damian's part. For the most successful coach over the last five or so years to walk out on his players and club something had to be massively wrong with either the players or the committee, I'm guessing it's the committee. Big mistake Edgy, not only have ousted the best coach in the competition, you've handed him to your biggest rival. I know where I'm going to spend my $10 to watch a game in 2021.

AND

I agree with ForeverRed, he owes them nothing, he was paid to do a job and he delivered above and beyond.

Hurricane
07-07-2020, 12:34 PM
Another coach gone, Mcguiness from Olympic, gone immediately. Article in Herald saying stood down due to work commitments. Take it from here, he was sacked

Alton
07-07-2020, 12:38 PM
Another coach gone, Mcguiness from Olympic, gone immediately. Article in Herald saying stood down due to work commitments. Take it from here, he was sacked

What is going on, is there anyone left?

Alton
07-07-2020, 12:45 PM
I just worked it out Zaney to Olympic for this season

ForeverRed
07-07-2020, 01:02 PM
Interesting to see who they appoint next year
Piggot is a favourite son at edgy, maybe Jobe who is connected to the mills family

Football lover
07-07-2020, 01:16 PM
Piggot is a favourite son at edgy, maybe Jobe who is connected to the mills family

Lee sterry is back living in Newcastle wouldn’t be surprised if they go after him

Hurricane
07-07-2020, 01:48 PM
Bolch to Edgeworth for 2021 season

ForeverRed
08-07-2020, 12:36 PM
Bolch to Edgeworth for 2021 season
Won’t happen

cobra23
08-07-2020, 01:37 PM
Lee sterry is back living in Newcastle wouldn’t be surprised if they go after him

Interesting !!
this will be my pick also if sterry is living here. , Good mates with Milsy

Barry Dawson
08-07-2020, 01:48 PM
My mail is Jobe Wheelhouse to Edgie.
Favourite “son in law”?

Alton
08-07-2020, 03:16 PM
Would Jobe have coach licence?

Goatscheese
08-07-2020, 07:10 PM
Would Jobe have coach licence?

Just put someone else down who has it.

The Postman
08-07-2020, 09:12 PM
Jobe seeing the writing on the wall at the Stags and jumping ship already.

According to their FB, on the verge of folding it seems. A sad day.

The Postman
09-07-2020, 01:07 AM
P.S. anyone catch where his Clinic was recently! :O

THEBIGCHEESE
10-07-2020, 11:20 AM
Edgeworth coach is Keelan Hamilton. Thats my mail anyway.

immersion
10-07-2020, 01:39 PM
Edgeworth coach is Keelan Hamilton. Thats my mail anyway.

He is the interim coach. I heard he is not the long term preference.

Johnno
12-07-2020, 11:25 PM
He is the interim coach. I heard he is not the long term preference.

Could become that if keeps getting results like today. Pies disappointing. Lambton lucky against Roosters. Olympics and Buds wins could have went either way. Magic lapped Valo expected that to be tighter with Magic’s loss of players and Valo signing a stack but could be the same old story with them.

Stanley
13-07-2020, 05:08 AM
Could become that if keeps getting results like today. Pies disappointing. Lambton lucky against Roosters. Olympics and Buds wins could have went either way. Magic lapped Valo expected that to be tighter with Magic’s loss of players and Valo signing a stack but could be the same old story with them.

Why weren't the U18s and reserve grade played at Valo yesterday

Aegon
13-07-2020, 09:36 AM

CB’s drainage is non existent. Probably called off as a precaution

The Magician
13-07-2020, 10:49 AM
CB’s drainage is non existent. Probably called off as a precaution

With 1.6mm of rain to 9am the day before? There must have been a king tide this weekend. Saving the pitch for First Grade did not really help too much.

Alton
13-07-2020, 10:55 AM

Any other lower grades called off?

Charman
13-07-2020, 01:40 PM
With 1.6mm of rain to 9am the day before? There must have been a king tide this weekend. Saving the pitch for First Grade did not really help too much.

played there on Friday night. Track was a heavy 8 or 9.

19-07-2020, 07:07 PM
Maitland 4 Lakes 1 .
Magic 3 Azzurri 1
Edgy 3 Adamstowm 1

Football lover
19-07-2020, 07:29 PM
Maitland 4 Lakes 1 .
Magic 3 Azzurri 1
Edgy 3 Adamstowm 1

So yesterday I seen the footage between Luke Remington and Zac Sneddon? What’s sparked it? How long do we think Remington will get? Not a good look.

Blueboy
19-07-2020, 07:38 PM
Remington deserves a medal 🏅

Johnno
19-07-2020, 11:09 PM
So yesterday I seen the footage between Luke Remington and Zac Sneddon? What’s sparked it? How long do we think Remington will get? Not a good look.

There’s history there. Both sent off in a game last year at Weston I recall.

immersion
20-07-2020, 11:01 AM
Remington deserves a medal 🏅

Agreed.

That's two poor performances by Lambton now. With the squad they have and the shortness of the comp the pressure must be mounting on the coaching staff. They look like they look to be playing off the cuff with no structure in both attack and defence.

Hurricane
22-07-2020, 01:41 PM
Can someone please explain the judiciary rules to me.
How does a player get 3 weeks for swearing at a referee and yet another player who punches someone in the back of the head gets only 2 weeks.
How many weeks did the Edgeworth striker get for the headbutt at Valentine last year.
Now I am not condoning the referee abuse, but surely if swearing carries a 3 week punishment, how do we come up with 2 weeks for coward punching someone in the back of the head.
They have gotten this way wrong

Blueboy
22-07-2020, 03:18 PM
Can someone please explain the judiciary rules to me.
How does a player get 3 weeks for swearing at a referee and yet another player who punches someone in the back of the head gets only 2 weeks.
How many weeks did the Edgeworth striker get for the headbutt at Valentine last year.
Now I am not condoning the referee abuse, but surely if swearing carries a 3 week punishment, how do we come up with 2 weeks for coward punching someone in the back of the head.
They have gotten this way wrong

Remington should be free to play next week.
Sneddon got less than what he deserved.

Hurricane
22-07-2020, 03:48 PM
Remington should be free to play next week.
Sneddon got less than what he deserved.
Have to agree that Sneddon is a wanker, but no one deserves to be dog shot in the back of the head when they are not looking

Captain_Carl
25-07-2020, 11:26 PM
When games get called off for wet weather who do we blame? The club for having pitches with lousy drainage or the local council for not upgrading their facilities.

Johnno
25-07-2020, 11:57 PM
When games get called off for wet weather who do we blame? The club for having pitches with lousy drainage or the local council for not upgrading their facilities.

Or the club for spending shitloads on players year in year out and not investing in their facilities.
I see the Valo coach had his regular yearly meeting this week to have a whinge with Northerns Referees boss?

Hurricane
26-07-2020, 01:58 AM

Does this mean Valentine's game against Jaffas is off today Carl

Not Maradona
26-07-2020, 08:54 AM
Edgeworth v Charlestown 18s and Res Grade off with field inspection again later for 1st Grade.

First of many for the day no doubt.

Hurricane
26-07-2020, 11:46 AM
Edgeworth v Charlestown 18s and Res Grade off with field inspection again later for 1st Grade.

First of many for the day no doubt.

Valo Jaffas off
Weston Maitland off
Olympic Magic off

magician
26-07-2020, 01:40 PM
Valo Jaffas off
Weston Maitland off
Olympic Magic off

Charlestown edgy off

Captain_Carl
26-07-2020, 02:08 PM
Which NPL club does the best chicken schnitzel burger? I would say Olympic is best and Jaffas is worst. Lambton you need to get rid of that highly processed garbage and invest in some quality schnitzel.

Alan
27-07-2020, 11:01 AM

Don't rule out Council's being overly protective of fields as a major issue. Growing up playing in Queensland, games were almost never called off for wet weather - Councils there understand that community sports fields will take some knocks during the season. Only in extreme weather would grounds close.

Newy and Lake Mac need to realise that community assets are not so precious that cannot be used at the first sign of rain. Yesterday was different obviously, but the habitual closing of fields at the first sign of rain is appalling. In my opinion!!

A

Cunning stunts
27-07-2020, 11:47 AM
Maitland have some quality schnitzel burgers

immersion
27-07-2020, 09:35 PM
Looks pretty cold and miserable at Speers point watching the Charlestown vs Edgy game. Rain and a bit of wind it sounds like on BarTV.

BTW, surely Keanu Moore has to be dragged at half time. Awful. He'll go on to bang home 3 now.

Edgy with the bulk of possession. Azzurri having a good chance but the lad decided to cross instead of pulling the trigger.

Football lover
28-07-2020, 12:02 PM
Looks pretty cold and miserable at Speers point watching the Charlestown vs Edgy game. Rain and a bit of wind it sounds like on BarTV.

BTW, surely Keanu Moore has to be dragged at half time. Awful. He'll go on to bang home 3 now.

Edgy with the bulk of possession. Azzurri having a good chance but the lad decided to cross instead of pulling the trigger.

Josh Rose edgy coach from 2021

THEBIGCHEESE
28-07-2020, 12:43 PM
Josh Rose edgy coach from 2021

Rose has taken over immediately. That's the word I am getting.

ForeverRed
28-07-2020, 01:02 PM
Both the coach Hamilton and and manager Rod Lindsay were red carded last night, anyone know what for, the latter doesn’t have a very good track record

THEBIGCHEESE
28-07-2020, 01:33 PM
Both the coach Hamilton and and manager Rod Lindsay were red carded last night, anyone know what for, the latter doesn’t have a very good track record

Dissent toward official.

Aegon
28-07-2020, 02:16 PM

Hamilton has stepped down with immediate effect - Didn't feel he was part of the clubs future plans.

mge61
28-07-2020, 08:38 PM
Hamilton has stepped down with immediate effect - Didn't feel he was part of the clubs future plans.

Or maybe he has W-league commitments that he wants to concentrate fully on.

Hurricane
28-07-2020, 08:42 PM
Or maybe he has W-league commitments that he wants to concentrate fully on.

Or maybe he is a bit precious and when told he didn't have the job beyond this season he spat his dummy, packed up his bat and ball and left. He had the perfect opportunity to showcase what he could do as a 1st grade NPL coach over the next 3 months but Instead threw it in and got sent off for dissent in his third game in charge

Johnno
29-07-2020, 01:00 AM
Or maybe he is a bit precious and when told he didn't have the job beyond this season he spat his dummy, packed up his bat and ball and left. He had the perfect opportunity to showcase what he could do as a 1st grade NPL coach over the next 3 months but Instead threw it in and got sent off for dissent in his third game in charge

100% correct Hurra had an opportunity even if it wasn’t going to be at Edgy plenty of other clubs on the look out. Failed to handle the heat and got out of the kitchen. Back to coaching the All Age Woman comp........ sorry WPL.

Stanley
29-07-2020, 09:18 AM
Don't rule out Council's being overly protective of fields as a major issue. Growing up playing in Queensland, games were almost never called off for wet weather - Councils there understand that community sports fields will take some knocks during the season. Only in extreme weather would grounds close.

Newy and Lake Mac need to realise that community assets are not so precious that cannot be used at the first sign of rain. Yesterday was different obviously, but the habitual closing of fields at the first sign of rain is appalling. In my opinion!!

A

Unavailable players and who the opposition is, is also a contributing factor in clubs calling games off

Stanley
29-07-2020, 09:37 AM
100% correct Hurra had an opportunity even if it wasn’t going to be at Edgy plenty of other clubs on the look out. Failed to handle the heat and got out of the kitchen. Back to coaching the All Age Woman comp........ sorry WPL.

For Zaney to leave after what he has achieved at the club, somethings not right and now Keelan after 3 from 3, you don't have to be Einstein to work out the one man show has lost the plot.

Hurricane
29-07-2020, 09:54 AM
For Zaney to leave after what he has achieved at the club, somethings not right and now Keelan after 3 from 3, you don't have to be Einstein to work out the one man show has lost the plot.
Have heard Zane has 5 Edgy players following him to Magic.
Dom Bizari has already left and is playing reserve grade with Magic this year, which will help with points for next year

mge61
29-07-2020, 10:00 AM
Alex Butt gone also?

Aegon
29-07-2020, 12:24 PM
Alex Butt gone also?

So edgy are without first grade coach, assistant coach or reserve grade coach.

Hopefully some senior players are stepping up as it has the potential to derail the season.

At least this happened during a shortened season that many will always place an asterisk against. Edgy should be fine as long as they are sorted before 2021.

Football lover
29-07-2020, 01:01 PM
Have heard Zane has 5 Edgy players following him to Magic.
Dom Bizari has already left and is playing reserve grade with Magic this year, which will help with points for next year

Which edgy players?

Aegon
30-07-2020, 10:37 AM
any scores from last nights games?

Blueboy
30-07-2020, 11:25 AM
any scores from last nights games?
Washouts are played next Wednesday night

Aegon
30-07-2020, 01:46 PM
Washouts are played next Wednesday night

Ah! I'm lucky I decided not to go to Chaill Oval at the last minute last night lol

onlooker
01-08-2020, 11:21 AM

Well you picked it, Edgy just announced it. Lee Sterry in charge as of next season. Along with Jobe Wheelhouse Rod Lindsley and Gary Wilson.

01-08-2020, 07:11 PM
Olympic 2 Jaffa’s 2

Hurricane
01-08-2020, 09:21 PM
Olympic 2 Jaffa’s 2

Another poor result from the Jaffas and their all star roster. Are there problems behind the scenes??

magician
02-08-2020, 06:20 PM
Maitland 5 valentine 1

Hurricane
02-08-2020, 09:45 PM
Maitland 5 valentine 1
What's going on at Valentine. In 3 games they have scored 3 and conceded 12 goals to be sitt last.
A huge budget and some big name players in Ireland. Read. Hughes. Bailey. Hay. Higgins..
Surely there needs to be an investigation

Johnno
02-08-2020, 10:11 PM
What's going on at Valentine. In 3 games they have scored 3 and conceded 12 goals to be sitt last.
A huge budget and some big name players in Ireland. Read. Hughes. Bailey. Hay. Higgins..

Coach that can’t coach been proven for years

Johnno
05-08-2020, 11:48 PM

Make that 3/16 after tonight. The drums will only get louder about two things there place in the competition couldn’t even play the game at any of there home venues tonight one has shit lights the other is a rugby league venue. 2nd thing if no result this weekend against lowly positioned Buds bye bye co coaches.

ABCDEF
05-08-2020, 11:51 PM
BUDS V LAKES

Reserve grade - Lakes 3-1 win. Both sides were really poor and was a lot of errors and kick and chase. Buds were without their three best players (in my opinion) Joey Licata, Nick Pettiford and Kyle Munns. If these boys r out long term they will struggle.
First grade - Lakes 2-1 win. Another scrappy game with Lakes controlling first half before Buds dominating 2nd 45. 2 goals from Chris Berlin in the first half against his former side were followed by a consolation goal to Tal Martin for Adamstown. James Lowe and Flynn Goodman continue to look like the talisman in this side, which would perhaps be benefited by promotion of the key youngsters from the reserve grade competition (Nick/ Joey etc).

Hurricane
07-08-2020, 05:09 AM
The match between Valo and Adamstown this weekend has been called off due to a corona virus infection in the Adamstown squad with players being told to get tested and to self isolate for 14 days

immersion
07-08-2020, 09:08 AM
The match between Valo and Adamstown this weekend has been called off due to a corona virus infection in the Adamstown squad with players being told to get tested and to self isolate for 14 days

This could be the last weekend for the competiton

Alton
07-08-2020, 03:36 PM
Spot on from what I am hearing

KITZ
08-08-2020, 09:17 AM
This could be the last weekend for the competiton

If there’s a confirmed case at the buds don’t you think they would have announced that in the NSW health briefs for contact tracing. They went to the pub where the confirmed case was, where does it say it was a player???

Reds Forever
08-08-2020, 10:02 AM
If there’s a confirmed case at the buds don’t you think they would have announced that in the NSW health briefs for contact tracing. They went to the pub where the confirmed case was, where does it say it was a player???

Nowhere. No confirmed new cases as of 9pm last night. Close contacts need to isolate for 14 days so Adamstown will have some catch up games.

Hurricane
08-08-2020, 10:44 AM

The Jets youth player who tested positive, his brother plays for Adamstown in the U/18's

magician
08-08-2020, 11:24 AM
Olympic Maitland off due to Covid.

Hurricane
08-08-2020, 01:12 PM
Olympic Maitland off due to Covid.

Due to Covid or the 6 Olympic first grade players out injured and suspended I wonder. It was still on until 11am, must have been a massive spike in the bronx.

mge61
08-08-2020, 03:54 PM
So if it was Covid I guess they wouldn’t be playing in the next 14 days.

Hurricane
08-08-2020, 04:30 PM
In the Herald today, Darren Sills sacked at Valo.
Covid season, Zane quits, Hamilton quits
Mcguiness and Sills sacked. Who is next

mge61
08-08-2020, 07:18 PM
Pascoe maybe?

Fairgo
08-08-2020, 09:15 PM
Sensible call from Olympic today. They are in an area where the outbreak has occurred, a restaurant several Hamilton hotels closed for cleaning local schools where potentially 2000 students have been exposed. This coming week will expose if there are further cases. Well done for making the call and putting people’s safety first before football.

Blueboy
08-08-2020, 09:39 PM
What’s Pascoe’s excuse this week??

Johnno
08-08-2020, 09:46 PM
Make that 3/16 after tonight. The drums will only get louder about two things there place in the competition couldn’t even play the game at any of there home venues tonight one has shit lights the other is a rugby league venue. 2nd thing if no result this weekend against lowly positioned Buds bye bye co coaches.

The barks are now a bite. https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/story/6870045/npl-valentine-phoenix-part-ways-with-coach/

Hurricane
09-08-2020, 01:18 AM
Sensible call from Olympic today. They are in an area where the outbreak has occurred, a restaurant several Hamilton hotels closed for cleaning local schools where potentially 2000 students have been exposed. This coming week will expose if there are further cases. Well done for making the call and putting people’s safety first before football.

If the club was worried about safety concerns why are they still hosting youth games tomorrow. If what you say is true, and this next week will possibly expose further cases, doesn't playing games tomorrow put people's safety at risk.
I will wait to make my decision tomorrow.
If the club calls off all weekend games due to their concerns over the spread of Covid I completely applaud their decision.
But if youth goes ahead tomorrow, it just shows me that they called first grade off today because they had 5 players unavailable.

The Magician
09-08-2020, 02:00 AM
If the club was worried about safety concerns why are they still hosting youth games tomorrow. If what you say is true, and this next week will possibly expose further cases, doesn't playing games tomorrow put people's safety at risk.
I will wait to make my decision tomorrow.
If the club calls off all weekend games due to their concerns over the spread of Covid I completely applaud their decision.
But if youth goes ahead tomorrow, it just shows me that they called first grade off today because they had 5 players unavailable.

Clubs can only follow the health advice, and no advice is calling for wholesale cancellations of Junior sport, so obvious other motives at play... Youth will be on tomorrow as Olympic will back themselves to get good results vs Edgy, they will not sacrifice positions on tables due to 1-1 draws due to non-replay of youth football. Parents should be asking the question why clubs think they are above the current health advice when some teams are playing and theirs are not.

But yeah... 100% will applaude if they cancel all youth games tomorrow...

Looking forward to the rescheduled Senior fixture on a freezing night at Darling St the week Maitland is scheduled to play Magic.

ForeverRed
09-08-2020, 11:25 AM
Yet the knights still attracted a crowd, just play until the government says you can’t, simple

The Hacker
09-08-2020, 03:11 PM
In the Herald today, Darren Sills sacked at Valo.
Covid season, Zane quits, Hamilton quits
Mcguiness and Sills sacked. Who is next

Who is coaching Valo till seasons end

09-08-2020, 05:30 PM
Azzurri 2 Weston 1.
Edgeworth 3 Lakes 0 .

Hurricane
09-08-2020, 06:30 PM
Clubs can only follow the health advice, and no advice is calling for wholesale cancellations of Junior sport, so obvious other motives at play... Youth will be on tomorrow as Olympic will back themselves to get good results vs Edgy, they will not sacrifice positions on tables due to 1-1 draws due to non-replay of youth football. Parents should be asking the question why clubs think they are above the current health advice when some teams are playing and theirs are not.

Looking forward to the rescheduled Senior fixture on a freezing night at Darling St the week Maitland is scheduled to play Magic.

Great to see all youth grades go ahead at Darling St today. Good on Olympic for getting the cleaners in and cleaning out the Covid.
I have heard maitland have requested to play the catch up game this week, makes sense, unless Olympic still have 5 first grade players unavailable, or the Covid rears it's ugly head again

The Magician
09-08-2020, 06:50 PM
Great to see all youth grades go ahead at Darling St today. Good on Olympic for getting the cleaners in and cleaning out the Covid.
I have heard maitland have requested to play the catch up game this week, makes sense, unless Olympic still have 5 first grade players unavailable, or the Covid rears it's ugly head again

Hopefully they can send the covid cure to Victoria... olympic sent their wpl and seniors to watch the youth... must have been a deep clean.

Fairgo
09-08-2020, 08:44 PM

Who are the 5 that are unavailable?

Hurricane
09-08-2020, 10:20 PM
Who are the 5 that are unavailable?

Hodges. Mahrenghi. Harrison. Green. Hornery.

Fairgo
09-08-2020, 10:52 PM
Hodges. Mahrenghi. Harrison. Green. Hornery.

Hodges out for 1 more week, Green is out for 6 weeks I think with injury, Hornery is available been playing reserves, Harrison out for possibly 4 weeks with hamstring and Marenghi available. Unless there are no games for 4-6 weeks the only player missing On the weekend would be Hodges that has not played for 3weeks so I can not see as an advantage.

Fairgo
09-08-2020, 11:23 PM

The health advise given to both schools was to isolated until all contact tracing has been complete. Pius had been completed on Friday with 140 people ordered to isolate for 14 days. The contact tracing had not been completed for SFX (16, 17, 18 year olds) so all students and staff (1200) would still have to isolate until further advised, not sure if this has occurred as yet. Probably explains why u 16s was cancelled on Sunday and other games continued. All direction does not have to come from NSW Health it comes down to personal responsibility and accessing risks for each situation not as a whole. That is probably why other sports such as Netball were also called off not a directive from NSW health

Stanley
10-08-2020, 05:51 AM
The health advise given to both schools was to isolated until all contact tracing has been complete. Pius had been completed on Friday with 140 people ordered to isolate for 14 days. The contact tracing had not been completed for SFX (16, 17, 18 year olds) so all students and staff (1200) would still have to isolate until further advised, not sure if this has occurred as yet. Probably explains why u 16s was cancelled on Sunday and other games continued. All direction does not have to come from NSW Health it comes down to personal responsibility and accessing risks for each situation not as a whole. That is probably why other sports such as Netball were also called off not a directive from NSW health

Thanks for the comprehensive explanation, now can you tell me how many 16 to 18 year olds and / or how many SFX students play first grade at Olympic and why their post on social media promoted their WPL and NPL senior players supporting the NPL youth match day at Darling Street. Looks to me the postponement of games was reasons other than COVID.

Bremsstrahlung
10-08-2020, 08:20 AM
I’d argue a fair few would play at Olympic. (Don’t know specifics).
Maybe not first grade, but defs 18s and 20s and perhaps they interact at training.

Maybe a bit of both. I don’t think there’s much doubt that there was some risk there, and perhaps the option to postpone suited personnel issues also.
Same old wet weather cancellation debate. Unless you know the details (or condition of field) it’s really all hearsay

pv4
10-08-2020, 10:30 AM
Unless you know the details (or condition of field) it’s really all hearsay

Hence why people are asking for the details.

Bremsstrahlung
10-08-2020, 11:24 AM
Don’t think Olympic would come out and admit they postponed a game solely because they didn’t have a few players available, even if they did.

pv4
10-08-2020, 01:32 PM
Don’t think Olympic would come out and admit they postponed a game solely because they didn’t have a few players available, even if they did.

If they acted based on health advice, it should not be difficult validating and broadcasting their motives behind both days. Interested to hear the reasonings myself - I am like others here and can't notably see the difference between the days nor why the seniors were encouraged to attend the second day.

mge61
11-08-2020, 07:27 PM
Any word on the re-scheduling as yet.

Hurricane
11-08-2020, 07:43 PM
Any word on the re-scheduling as yet.

Next Wednesday, players still unavailable this week due to injury / covid testing

magician
12-08-2020, 06:47 AM
Next Wednesday, players still unavailable this week due to injury / covid testing

Herald saying Adamstown and olympic could be playing Monday night. Nice short turn around for the Maitland game. Probably wishing they played last weekend. But I’m sure there will be another excuse coming

early_to_the_match
13-08-2020, 06:04 PM
So how will Joel Griffiths impact Olympic? Both this season and when he takes over next year?

Hurricane
14-08-2020, 01:35 AM
So how will Joel Griffiths impact Olympic? Both this season and when he takes over next year?

It will be interesting to see how Griffo coaches. As yet he doesn't even hold the necessary coaching accreditation to coach at npl level and in the current covid environment are federations even holding coaching courses.
His signing has all the gloss and and hype that you would get with signing a former Socceroo and Jets star, but this could be Olympic's greatest signing, or their poorest

Hurricane
14-08-2020, 01:36 AM
Herald saying Adamstown and olympic could be playing Monday night. Nice short turn around for the Maitland game. Probably wishing they played last weekend. But I’m sure there will be another excuse coming

Olympic Maitland is on August 28

Blueboy
14-08-2020, 07:26 AM
Olympic Maitland is on August 28
I doubt it, on a Friday night??

Hurricane
14-08-2020, 07:42 AM
Olympic Maitland is on August 26

Swanky
14-08-2020, 11:24 AM
Olympic Maitland is on August 26

That give Olympic time to get some players back from injury and suspension

Captain_Carl
15-08-2020, 05:13 PM
Hughesy is a legend
Hughesy has a plan
Hughesy can turn a club around
If anybody can.

Johnno
15-08-2020, 08:38 PM
Hughesy is a legend
Hughesy has a plan
If anybody can.

Hughesy won’t be there next year

Hurricane
15-08-2020, 08:45 PM
Hughesy is a legend
Hughesy has a plan
If anybody can.

Great poetry Carl

Captain_Carl
16-08-2020, 04:30 AM
Hughesy won’t be there next year

Where is he going Johnno? I am a big Hughesy fan and will follow him.

Hurricane
16-08-2020, 10:40 AM
Where is he going Johnno? I am a big Hughesy fan and will follow him.

China when it opens, but I don't think that will be next year

onlooker
16-08-2020, 06:22 PM
How much longer can Pascoe keep his position? Star studded lineups for years and very little to show for it.. and how many youth players has he produced that have come in the top grade?

Hurricane
16-08-2020, 08:17 PM
How much longer can Pascoe keep his position? Star studded lineups for years and very little to show for it.. and how many youth players has he produced that have come in the top grade?

Did you see today's game Onlooker

onlooker
16-08-2020, 08:37 PM
Did you see today's game Onlooker

I only saw bits and pieces of it was watching the Edgy V Weston game more..

spamg172
17-08-2020, 09:50 AM

Geez bit rough, they're in the 4, not even halfway thru the season. Haven't set the world on fire, but the fascination with sacking the coaches these days is pretty grim. Next there'll be gripes about there being no loyalty in football anymore.

Hurricane
17-08-2020, 10:40 AM
It's a shame there is no loyalty in football anymore

onlooker
17-08-2020, 12:40 PM
Geez bit rough, they're in the 4, not even halfway thru the season. Haven't set the world on fire, but the fascination with sacking the coaches these days is pretty grim. Next there'll be gripes about there being no loyalty in football anymore.

IÂ’m not suggesting sack him now, let him see out the season and see what he wins. But with the team he has coming 4th 8 points off 2nd, I think you would agree isnÂ’t good enough and will cause people to start a discussion on it at least.

spamg172
17-08-2020, 01:12 PM
It's a shame there is no loyalty in football anymore

Haha nailed it. Wish i could pick lotto numbers this well.

Jim
18-08-2020, 09:05 PM
IÂ’m not suggesting sack him now, let him see out the season and see what he wins. But with the team he has coming 4th 8 points off 2nd, I think you would agree isnÂ’t good enough and will cause people to start a discussion on it at least.

Need to stop the flood at the back. wtf are they doing

Hurricane
18-08-2020, 11:07 PM
On a cold night at Adamstown, the worst match I have watched this year
Olympic 1 - 0 winners

hamburgler
19-08-2020, 08:49 AM
On a cold night at Adamstown, the worst match I have watched this year
Olympic 1 - 0 winners

It was absolute shite! A very poor game indeed.

Blueboy
19-08-2020, 09:21 AM
It was absolute shite! A very poor game indeed.

Yep, I won’t be paying money to watch these teams again.
Awful

mge61
21-08-2020, 07:48 PM
Another big game at home on Windy Hill for the Magpies tomorrow.

Johnno
21-08-2020, 11:26 PM
Another big game at home on Windy Hill for the Magpies tomorrow.

If it’s anything like today camp yourself down the south eastern corner you’ll see all the action there at Windy Hill

Hurricane
21-08-2020, 11:57 PM
If it’s anything like today camp yourself down the south eastern corner you’ll see all the action there at Windy Hill

Maitland seems to handle the conditions well. I read somewhere in the last 2 weeks that they haven't lost in the npl there since 2018. Not a bad run

hamburgler
22-08-2020, 05:20 PM
How long will Buds persist with Cansdell Sherrif? 3 years in charge and going backwards. They are crap to watch!

Time for a change

22-08-2020, 10:59 PM
Maitland V Magic 0-0

mge61
24-08-2020, 11:35 AM
How are Valo even in NPL. Couldn’t buy a beer to watch the game and apparently the Edgie boys were told not to use the toilets they had to go up to the public toilets outside the league field.

outsider
24-08-2020, 12:30 PM
How are Valo even in NPL. Couldn’t buy a beer to watch the game and apparently the Edgie boys were told not to use the toilets they had to go up to the public toilets outside the league field.

Can you tell me which ground they were playing on as there is a limit to the number of people allowed into dressing rooms at this time

Aegon
24-08-2020, 12:36 PM
Can you tell me which ground they were playing on as there is a limit to the number of people allowed into dressing rooms at this time

CB complex - The toilets inside the ground have been closed all season for all comps.

Bull fighter
24-08-2020, 12:39 PM
CB complex - The toilets inside the ground have been closed all season for all comps.

Its on the LMCC list for 20/21 - Design the playing fields, car park and amenities building at Croudace Bay Sporting Facility.
Should only be a couple more years.

Aegon
24-08-2020, 02:00 PM
Its on the LMCC list for 20/21 - Design the playing fields, car park and amenities building at Croudace Bay Sporting Facility.

if they would just fix the drainage it would be a massive upgrade. I'm not holding my breath on the full CB complex upgrade.

outsider
24-08-2020, 03:29 PM

Only allowed 7 inside the home dressing room and 5 in the away shed according to chart put out by Northern

mge61
24-08-2020, 04:31 PM
I’m talking about the toilets in the away change room.

Bull fighter
24-08-2020, 05:55 PM
if they would just fix the drainage it would be a massive upgrade. I'm not holding my breath on the full CB complex upgrade.

Clay underneath, they have done heaps to try and fix it over many years but to no avail. The final design and tendering process is scheduled to be complete by 30 June 21 but wouldn’t be surprised to see it bumped. Hopefully the grounds will have decent drainage on redevelopment, football club is moving to the league grounds which are lower then their current fields.

Bremsstrahlung
24-08-2020, 06:14 PM
Still baffling how they meet criteria yet no New FM teams do.

Stanley
25-08-2020, 08:30 AM
Still baffling how they meet criteria yet no New FM teams do.

Totally agree, they are a NewFM team at best, put them in NewFM until they get their new facilities. At this point in time Cooks Hill, Belmont Swansea and West Wallsend to name a few are run better and have better facilities than Valo.

The Hacker
25-08-2020, 10:41 AM
Totally agree, they are a NewFM team at best, put them in NewFM until they get their new facilities. At this point in time Cooks Hill, Belmont Swansea and West Wallsend to name a few are run better and have better facilities than Valo.

Belswans should be in it. That area deserves to be represented

Blueboy
25-08-2020, 10:50 AM
Big News coming out of Maitland.
Cowburn has quit .

immersion
25-08-2020, 12:11 PM
Big News coming out of Maitland.
Cowburn has quit .

Do you have any context?

A big loss for them. Though I think it reads as a bigger loss than it is on the pitch.

Hunter403
25-08-2020, 04:38 PM

As do Cessnock, Toronto Awaba and arguably South Cardiff.

ForeverRed
25-08-2020, 06:03 PM
As do Cessnock, Toronto Awaba and arguably South Cardiff.

All the above venues are better then olympic,, the worst spectator venue in NPl

spamg172
25-08-2020, 07:00 PM
All the above venues are better then olympic,, the worst spectator venue in NPl

I think it's pretty common complaint that most venues are not that flash to watch from. Any where the bulk of the seating is on halfway (Bears, Buds, Lakes, Maitland) have to be better than the rest.

mge61
25-08-2020, 08:13 PM
Personally I still think Buds is one of the better set ups as a small suburban ground. Small but good grandstand close to the action and good viewing from all round the field. Sadly not the force they used to be.

Johnno
25-08-2020, 11:20 PM
I think it's pretty common complaint that most venues are not that flash to watch from. Any where the bulk of the seating is on halfway (Bears, Buds, Lakes, Maitland) have to be better than the rest.

Maitland?? Sitting on wooden benches that caters for no more than 50 people in top of a hill that’s always windy........

Stanley
26-08-2020, 03:29 AM
Personally I still think Buds is one of the better set ups as a small suburban ground. Small but good grandstand close to the action and good viewing from all round the field. Sadly not the force they used to be.

Buds, Magic and Lakes by far the best grounds to view football

Barry Dawson
26-08-2020, 08:10 AM
And if we were being honest - Lakes’ splintery grandstand full of rust and not substantially touched in 30 years - would not make the grade either.

Most of the grounds in NNSW NPL are held together by gaff tape and cable ties or their lights (eg adamstown) need urgent attention. this is not a dig at clubs or committees who are doing their best with little support from a self serving federation.

Our facilities are a poor illustration of what is needed - if you look at what some of the NPL players are being paid, facilities should be given equal attention (eg valentine).

NNSW have zero interest in progressing the game beyond their own financial bottom line, do not advocate for the clubs to facilitate The games progression and are too scared rock the boat (eg who helped Olympic with Sports Grants debacle?)

ABCDEF
26-08-2020, 12:56 PM
Speaking of how many new fm teams have better facilities on current NPL clubs, any update on when NNSW are going to allow relegation to occur or even teams coming up to make a 12 team comp? I personally struggle to get behind the comp too much with the current 18 game season and no promotion/relegation.

The ideal structure for me would be a 10 team comp with 18 games, followed by another 4 games depending on your standings (bottom group for relegation and top group for finals). Otherwise what is being done this year with the 13 games structure is an alternate option but obviously a 22 game season.
Ideally 27 rounds but the clubs don't want to pay their players that much (pay them less than FFS), and there is a legitimate issue with the quality of grounds not lasting this long.

Kids aren't playing enough games, particularly the U18s to kids coming through reserve grade. NNSW need to fix this.
Unfortunately clubs are a part of the problem but as they "need" to pay the Mitch Oxborrows of the comp an arm and a leg, hence less games is better for them. This money comes out of the pockets of juniors. Pretty much kid's parents are paying upwards of a grand (over a $100 a game when you do the maths) to play in the local comp.

Football in this region is diseased.

Bull fighter
26-08-2020, 03:01 PM
And if we were being honest - Lakes’ splintery grandstand full of rust and not substantially touched in 30 years - would not make the grade either.

Most of the grounds in NNSW NPL are held together by gaff tape and cable ties or their lights (eg adamstown) need urgent attention. this is not a dig at clubs or committees who are doing their best with little support from a self serving federation.

Our facilities are a poor illustration of what is needed - if you look at what some of the NPL players are being paid, facilities should be given equal attention (eg valentine).

NNSW have zero interest in progressing the game beyond their own financial bottom line, do not advocate for the clubs to facilitate The games progression and are too scared rock the boat (eg who helped Olympic with Sports Grants debacle?)

Valentine are in a difficult position Barry with the new development not that far away why would you pump any money into the current facility and grounds? They are swapping grounds with the rugby league so any improvements also benefit another code. Council do didley sqat and have not spent anything there for years.

Beaver
26-08-2020, 04:17 PM
Yes, I see they posted due to ‘work commitments’ think the truth is closer to he not getting on well with coach and playing group

Hurricane
26-08-2020, 05:36 PM
Yes, I see they posted due to ‘work commitments’ think the truth is closer to he not getting on well with coach and playing group

From a sauce in the club. The reason he left was because he was on the bench against Magic on Saturday. Due to " work commitments", he had only attended one training session in 8 weeks and was dropped for the match.
I am told he requested a termination of his contract the next day.

Football lover
26-08-2020, 07:02 PM
From a sauce in the club. The reason he left was because he was on the bench against Magic on Saturday. Due to " work commitments", he had only attended one training session in 8 weeks and was dropped for the match.
I am told he requested a termination of his contract the next day.

I’ve already Heard for next yr there is a certain NPL club that he will be playing for.

ForeverRed
26-08-2020, 07:13 PM
Signed for edgy

onlooker
26-08-2020, 09:25 PM
How long will Buds persist with Cansdell Sherrif? 3 years in charge and going backwards. They are crap to watch!

Time for a change

Change is happening Adamstown just announced Cansdell Sherrif Was stepping down at the end of the season and have already appointed David Rosewarne as head coach for next season.

Blueboy
26-08-2020, 11:37 PM
Signed for edgy
I wonder if he will think he is bigger than the club at edgy.

Hurricane
27-08-2020, 12:16 AM
Olympic 4 Maitland 0
Maitland missing Cowburn already by the look of it.
Maybe the coach is the problem and not him