PDA

View Full Version : 2020 National Premier League thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

ForeverRed
27-08-2020, 07:05 AM
Olympic 4 Maitland 0
Maitland missing Cowburn already by the look of it.
Maybe the coach is the problem and not him
You can’t be serious, they were premiers last year and you want the coach gone

mge61
27-08-2020, 07:33 AM
Any scores from Valo - Buds.

Bremsstrahlung
27-08-2020, 08:12 AM
You can’t be serious, they were premiers last year and you want the coach gone

May as well put all the eligible coaches in a hat. Every time a team loses, a new coach is pulled out and takes charge.
Coach of the year is the coach with most wins.

Bull fighter
27-08-2020, 08:19 AM
Any scores from Valo - Buds.
Valo 3 def Adamstown 1

mge61
27-08-2020, 09:08 PM
Table will be interesting this week if Olympic, Weston and Azzurri manage to get some good results this weekend.

Beaver
29-08-2020, 11:39 AM
Maitland under Bolchy are all about 1st grade ! Have a look at their reserves & u18’s not going well, this is a recipe for disaster as no depth aside from the top 16-20 players. Questions need to be asked? As ‘buying’ a Comp is not sustainable

ForeverRed
29-08-2020, 09:39 PM
Maitland under Bolchy are all about 1st grade ! Have a look at their reserves & u18’s not going well, this is a recipe for disaster as no depth aside from the top 16-20 players. Questions need to be asked? As ‘buying’ a Comp is not sustainable

Pretty sure their reserve grade won the comp 2 years ago, shuts your argument down

Johnno
29-08-2020, 11:20 PM
Pretty sure their reserve grade won the comp 2 years ago, shuts your argument down

They did and 80% of those players no longer at the club. Playing elsewhere, NewFM or not at all. Same happened at Hamilton when Bolchy was there as well.

hamburgler
29-08-2020, 11:42 PM
They did and 80% of those players no longer at the club. Playing elsewhere, NewFM or not at all. Same happened at Hamilton when Bolchy was there as well.

Won grand final in 2017, and minor premiers in 2018. Out of the 20+ players in those 2 years, there are 3 left and not one playing firsts at the club.

Hurricane
30-08-2020, 12:17 AM
Maybe if they are playing newfm it shows that they weren't up to 1st grade. Name me one of those players that has left the club and is playing 1st grade npl at another club

Hurricane
30-08-2020, 12:18 AM
Won grand final in 2017, and minor premiers in 2018. Out of the 20+ players in those 2 years, there are 3 left and not one playing firsts at the club.
Who are the 3 players still at the club Hamburgler

hamburgler
30-08-2020, 12:22 AM
Who are the 3 players still at the club Hamburgler

The Duggan boys and Blake Rutherford.

Hurricane
30-08-2020, 10:45 AM
The Duggan boys and Blake Rutherford.

Sorry but I don't think any of these 3 are first grade npl players

hamburgler
30-08-2020, 12:03 PM
Sorry but I don't think any of these 3 are first grade npl players

Never said they were, surely out of reserves side that is one of the best in the comp for 2 years there are a couple who are good enough. We’ll never know.

Hurricane
30-08-2020, 12:03 PM

Can you name any of those 80% that have left the club and went on to play 1st grade Npl at another club on a regular basis Johnno. I think you will find at Olympic, most of them left the year after Bolchy and went to Adamstown the year Mcguiness arrived.
Half of the Adamstown team are ex Olympic 20's

mge61
30-08-2020, 06:41 PM
Any scores/comments on today’s round

Bull fighter
30-08-2020, 06:55 PM
Valo 1 defeated Lakes 0
3 wins on the trot for the most maligned club on this forum.

onlooker
30-08-2020, 07:13 PM

Weston 3 Magic 2 -Weston played last 22 mins with 10 men as Robbie Turnbull was shown 2 yellows in the space of 2 mins in his 250th game.

Maitland 2 Adamstown 1

Charlestown 2 Lambton 0

Edgy 2 Olympic 0

Is next round the last round before the comp splits in two and is it top 5 and bottom 5 the way the spilt works?

magician
30-08-2020, 07:21 PM
Weston 3 Magic 2 -Weston played last 22 mins with 10 men as Robbie Turnbull was shown 2 yellows in the space of 2 mins in his 250th game.

Maitland 2 Adamstown 1

Charlestown 2 Lambton 0

Edgy 2 Olympic 0

Is next round the last round before the comp splits in two and is it top 5 and bottom 5 the way the spilt works?

From my understanding 1 and 2 , 3 and 4, 5 and 6, 7 and 8, 9 and 10 get drawn into 2 groups

onlooker
30-08-2020, 07:40 PM
From my understanding 1 and 2 , 3 and 4, 5 and 6, 7 and 8, 9 and 10 get drawn into 2 groups

What is the reasoning behind the split, I have obviously missed the press release.

Reds Forever
30-08-2020, 07:55 PM
Compromised solution offered by clubs instead of jamming 2 rounds into short season as didn't want mid week games.

mge61
30-08-2020, 08:15 PM
Wasn't too far wrong now with only 3 points difference between 3rd and 7th spots and also only 2 goals between them all in goal difference.

ForeverRed
30-08-2020, 08:16 PM
Got to watch Jaffa’s v Azzurri today, Jaffa’s dominated early but Azzurri shame plan was spot on, defended in numbers and kept a great shape all game, they constantly worried the Jaffa’s with quick breaks against the run of play, Jaffa’s dead set missing an out and out striker, players playing out of position to complement others just doesn’t work, at times some of their football was brilliant with no result, Archibald did well in goal for Azzurri and deserved the points easily, Law clearly out coaching Pascoe today

Aegon
30-08-2020, 08:59 PM
Got to watch Jaffa’s v Azzurri today, Jaffa’s dominated early but Azzurri shame plan was spot on, defended in numbers and kept a great shape all game, they constantly worried the Jaffa’s with quick breaks against the run of play, Jaffa’s dead set missing an out and out striker, players playing out of position to complement others just doesn’t work, at times some of their football was brilliant with no result, Archibald did well in goal for Azzurri and deserved the points easily, Law clearly out coaching Pascoe today

Good analysis.
The loss of Crowley has been a big one.

Bull fighter
30-08-2020, 09:01 PM
Wasn't too far wrong now with only 3 points difference between 3rd and 7th spots and also only 2 goals between them all in goal difference.

Only 3 points from 3rd to 8th.

spamg172
30-08-2020, 09:03 PM

Surely the same could be said for every team (missing an out and out striker) except Maitland and Magic.

Hurricane
30-08-2020, 09:05 PM
Surely the same could be said for every team (missing an out and out striker) except Maitland and Magic.

And Edgeworth, I think Brymora is leading the golden boot

ForeverRed
30-08-2020, 09:21 PM

Maybe but I didn’t watch those teams today

onlooker
03-09-2020, 11:36 PM
Sounds like Ryan Clarke has returned to Maitland..

Hurricane
06-09-2020, 06:51 PM
Went and watched Maitland today,they aren't the same side without both Swans playing. Crowley and Thompson good for Maitland up front, but Cumerford and Woods offer little going forward and less in defense. Can't see how they make the starting side each week,throw Clarke in there.
Can't see them making the top 5 the way they are playing.
Azzurri not much better.
Renee Ferguson best on field by far

ForeverRed
06-09-2020, 06:58 PM
Went and watched Maitland today,they aren't the same side without both Swans playing. Crowley and Thompson good for Maitland up front, but Cumerford and Woods offer little going forward and less in defense. Can't see how they make the starting side each week,throw Clarke in there.
Can't see them making the top 5 the way they are playing.
Azzurri not much better.
Renee Ferguson best on field by far
How anyone can play football on that pitch is beyond me,

mge61
06-09-2020, 09:23 PM
When is the comp split up happening tonight or tomorrow?

Beaver
06-09-2020, 09:30 PM
The recruits Bolchy made at Maitland are not working he had the keys’ to the club and wants to build from the top but surely he is under pressure -the club executive have made some big decisions recently such as extending Bolchy contract and ending long term TD role to go with a far less experienced TD, and things not looking’rosy’ ATM
Yes their youth are going much better, but the foundations had been laid !

Hurricane
06-09-2020, 10:10 PM
The recruits Bolchy made at Maitland are not working he had the keys’ to the club and wants to build from the top but surely he is under pressure -the club executive have made some big decisions recently such as extending Bolchy contract and ending long term TD role to go with a far less experienced TD, and things not looking’rosy’ ATM
Yes their youth are going much better, but the foundations had been laid !

Seriously, in 2 years at the club they have won their first ever premiership, made their first ever grand final and made the last 32 of the ffa cup. What more do you want. I agree they are not going well this season ,but which recruits are not working. The only recruit I see is Braeden Crowley the rest of the team were all there last year, they just have no depth.
Do you lose the keys to the club after one season . Who is the new TD because the old one was rubbish

Aegon
06-09-2020, 10:44 PM
If this forum had its way, no club would have coaches as they’d be sacked every loss.

Maitland were the better team in the second half after a fairly even first. Azurri got a lucky hand ball penalty and convert a header from a corner and got away with a fairly lucky 3 points.

Beaver
07-09-2020, 02:03 PM
Seriously, in 2 years at the club they have won their first ever premiership, made their first ever grand final and made the last 32 of the ffa cup. What more do you want. I agree they are not going well this season ,but which recruits are not working. The only recruit I see is Braeden Crowley the rest of the team were all there last year, they just have no depth.
Do you lose the keys to the club after one season . Who is the new TD because the old one was rubbish

So you have intimate knowledge of the club and the old TD do you ?
I did and the TD -Rod was very good and had a great relationship with all the players and fully understood the basis of youth development not just a win at all costs ! I agree Bolchy has turned the 1st grade around but with the squad he has 6th place is not acceptable
Chris Gallagher from Magic is the 2021 TD at Maitland, now I hear he is ‘rubbish’

mge61
07-09-2020, 03:17 PM
Any word on the make up of the 2 groups as yet.

samcan
07-09-2020, 03:20 PM

Whats this about?

ABCDEF
07-09-2020, 03:21 PM
Any word on the make up of the 2 groups as yet.

Two pools are
Magic, Weston, lakes, Charlestown and Lambton.

Olympic, Buds, Maitland, Edgeworth and valo

Fixtures haven’t been released yet.

With these pools two team will have a bye each week. Surely the federation just make these two sides play each other??
Probably not though cause that would be too logical...

Aegon
07-09-2020, 03:23 PM
Whats this about?

From what I understand -

teams are grouped every 2 positions on the ladder.
1-2
3-4
5-6
7-8
9-10

To make up the rest of the comp rounds you'll be pooled with one team from each group.

For example if it was all odds:

Edgy, Olympic, Jaffas, Azzurri & Rosebuds will be in one pool and play all the teams once to close out the rest of the regular season fixtures.

EDIT - From a club facebook page

Following Round 9 of the Northern NSW Football NPL Northern NSW Senior competition yesterday, a live draw was held this morning via zoom by Northern NSW Football to divide the competition into two groups.
The results of the draw are as follows.

GROUP A:
Broadmeadow Magic FC
Weston Workers FC
Lambton Jaffas FC
Charlestown Azzuri FC
Lake Macquarie City Roosters FC

Group B:
Edgeworth Eagles FC
Newcastle Olympic FC
Maitland FC
Valentine Eleebana FC
Adamstown Rosebud FC

Fixtures for this weekend's Round 10 will be confirmed later today with the Rounds 11-14 to be confirmed over the next few days as feedback is sought from clubs on date/day preferences.
The fixtures will be the same for NPL First Grade and Reserve Grade.

samcan
07-09-2020, 03:28 PM
From what I understand -

teams are grouped every 2 positions on the ladder.
1-2
3-4
5-6
7-8
9-10

To make up the rest of the comp rounds you'll be pooled with one team from each group.

For example if it was all odds:

Edgy, Olympic, Jaffas, Azzurri & Rosebuds will be in one pool and play all the teams once to close out the rest of the regular season fixtures.

Thanks. I thought season was over.

Hurricane
07-09-2020, 03:35 PM
So you have intimate knowledge of the club and the old TD do you ?
I did and the TD -Rod was very good and had a great relationship with all the players and fully understood the basis of youth development not just a win at all costs ! I agree Bolchy has turned the 1st grade around but with the squad he has 6th place is not acceptable
Chris Gallagher from Magic is the 2021 TD at Maitland, now I hear he is ‘rubbish’

Have had plenty of dealings with Rod,through youth npl, rubbish is probably a bit hard. But results at youth level for past 5 years were pretty poor, but Rod is a good guy and put in a lot of work.
As for Bolchy, 3rd before yesterday which was probably good enough, 6th today which isn't good enough.
But have heard he has been signed again for next year so the club must be happy which is all that matters

Aegon
07-09-2020, 03:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDFXvXqnNKs
All the goals from this weekend.

mge61
07-09-2020, 05:43 PM
Edgie be Valo Saturday

BS detecor
07-09-2020, 05:54 PM
Who is the new TD because the old one was rubbish

Be careful what you wish for, the grass isn’t always greener.

Beaver
07-09-2020, 07:22 PM
So after they play each other once is it then a top 5 playoff series based on 13 games points?

magician
07-09-2020, 07:38 PM
So after they play each other once is it then a top 5 playoff series based on 13 games points?

Correct

Aegon
14-09-2020, 03:24 PM
Round 10 Goals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ngx9N1-ujEk

immersion
18-09-2020, 09:46 AM
Predictions For The Round?

Lakes vs Magic (Magic to strong for Lakes)
Weston vs Jaffas (Jaffas aren't leaking goals as much, so jaffas in a close one)
Olympic vs Edgeworth (Edgy to be to consistent for Olympic
Rosebuds vs Maitland (hardest round to pick for me. Maitland to get back in their rhythm. Their quality inches them above A'town)
Valentine BYE
Azzurri BYE

Aegon
18-09-2020, 10:18 AM
Lakes vs Magic (Magic easily)
Weston vs Jaffas (Jaffa's - especially if Carter is out again)
Olympic vs Edgeworth (Draw - Edgy have been grinding out results especially with late goals but I think this one will be all square)
Rosebuds vs Maitland (Maitland)
Valentine BYE
Azzurri BYE

Alton
18-09-2020, 12:51 PM
Lakes vs Magic - 0-4
Weston vs Jaffas - 1-3
Olympic vs Edgeworth - 0 -2
Rosebuds vs Maitland - 0-0

cobra23
20-09-2020, 09:54 AM
Tell you lads, great game of football at lakes yesterday.
3-2 in the end to the mighty magic ..
But lakes probably deserved more out of it. Being 2-1 up with 10 to go then copping a winner with 30 secs left ..
But that’s football ..
But seriously though that ref was up there with probably the worst I have seen in this league .. wow

ABCDEF
20-09-2020, 05:49 PM
Buds V Maitland today reserve grade was the worst reffing I have ever seen. 5-1 Maitland.
Ref gives them a penalty and free kick which were not fouls. Another goal their striker takes out the goalkeeper and scored.
Adamstown turned down two clear penalties and had an offside goal incorrectly given against them.
Should have ended 5-1 to Adamstown.
Complete disgrace by the refs and the match fees should be refunded to players.

Hurricane
20-09-2020, 06:43 PM
Buds V Maitland today reserve grade was the worst reffing I have ever seen. 5-1 Maitland.
Ref gives them a penalty and free kick which were not fouls. Another goal their striker takes out the goalkeeper and scored.
Adamstown turned down two clear penalties and had an offside goal incorrectly given against them.
Should have ended 5-1 to Adamstown.
Complete disgrace by the refs and the match fees should be refunded to players.

So it's the refs fault you lost 5 - 1, Wow

ABCDEF
20-09-2020, 06:46 PM
I didn’t play mate i was watching. And yes it was. 6 key decisions turned a game. If u don’t believe me watch the replay buddy.

Hurricane
20-09-2020, 07:50 PM
I didn’t play mate i was watching. And yes it was. 6 key decisions turned a game. If u don’t believe me watch the replay buddy.

Wasn't there either buddy , but I'll take your word for it. Just don't like refs being blamed for a result, but if he was that bad ??

mge61
20-09-2020, 08:19 PM
Big call lost 5-1 and we were robbed.

ForeverRed
20-09-2020, 09:27 PM
Wow, 6 key decisions in one game, amazing

ABCDEF
20-09-2020, 10:12 PM
Wasn't there either buddy , but I'll take your word for it. Just don't like refs being blamed for a result, but if he was that bad ??

Not saying that he was solely responsible for the result. But in key moments he made some really poor decisions. There is no denying that the game and result was heavily influenced by the result. Unfortunately the standard of reffing is poor across the entire league but then again the football isn’t exactly world clas either

Johnno
20-09-2020, 11:05 PM
Not saying that he was solely responsible for the result. But in key moments he made some really poor decisions. There is no denying that the game and result was heavily influenced by the result. Unfortunately the standard of reffing is poor across the entire league but then again the football isn’t exactly world clas either

The football, the referees, the coaching, the facilities.............. the list is endless and of course the administration :redcard:

harrymaguire12
21-09-2020, 01:24 PM
heard some rumours that there is promotion and relegation from next season. Can anyone confirm this or is it all just wind in the air?

cobra23
21-09-2020, 02:29 PM
Leading Scorers to date;

Kristian Brymora Edgeworth 8 GOALs
Braedyn Crowley Maitland 7
James Virgili Broadmeadow 7
Kale Bradbery Lambton Jaffas 7
Aaron Niyonkuru Weston Workers 6
Jared Muller Newcastle Olympic 6
Sam Walker Broadmeadow 6
Joel Wood Maitland 5
Will Bower Edgeworth 5
Chris Berlin Lake Macquarie 5

Blueboy
21-09-2020, 02:45 PM
Leading Scorers to date;

Sam Walker Broadmeadow 6
Joel Wood Maitland 5
Will Bower Edgeworth 5

Did you forget to add Crowleys 3 from the weekend?
Crowley 10 goals, Brymora would be close to 10 as well

Hurricane
21-09-2020, 03:51 PM
Leading Scorers to date;

Sam Walker Broadmeadow 6
Joel Wood Maitland 5
Will Bower Edgeworth 5

Crowley 10
Brymora 9
Virgili 8
Bradbury 8
Muller 7
Walker 7
Wood 6

namwob99
21-09-2020, 04:23 PM
heard some rumours that there is promotion and relegation from next season. Can anyone confirm this or is it all just wind in the air?

😂😂😂
Surely not.....makes too much sense!!

Aegon
21-09-2020, 11:38 PM
Round 11 Goals: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkUbGhwh-rE

Hurricane
25-09-2020, 12:44 PM
Jaffas 3 Lakes 1
Maitland 1 Edgy 1
Adamstown 0 Valo 2
Azzurri 1 Weston 1

mge61
25-09-2020, 09:07 PM
Weather could play a part tomorrow if the winds persist.

Hurricane
25-09-2020, 09:47 PM
Weather could play a part tomorrow if the winds persist.

Are we speaking Windy Hill mge61

Johnno
26-09-2020, 12:02 AM
Are we speaking Windy Hill mge61

Sit on the car park side near the entrance will see plenty of the ball :rof:

mge61
26-09-2020, 07:59 AM
Anywhere today tbh but especially up at Windy Hill. Could make it an ordinary spectacle but hopefully not with the Premiership on the line for one of them.

Hurricane
26-09-2020, 10:30 PM
Any results from today

Aegon
26-09-2020, 10:42 PM
Any results from today

Maitland 2-1 Edgy
Jaffa’s 3-0 Lakes
Buds 2-2 Valo

Hurricane
27-09-2020, 07:38 PM
You would have to think Weston are gone after today's result.
Edgy and Magic have first and second wrapped up between them.
So it leaves 4 clubs , Maitland Olympic Azzurri and Jaffas fighting for 3 semi spots.
Who misses out ?

Negative Police
27-09-2020, 09:22 PM
You would have to think Weston are gone after today's result.
Edgy and Magic have first and second wrapped up between them.
So it leaves 4 clubs , Maitland Olympic Azzurri and Jaffas fighting for 3 semi spots.
Who misses out ?

too easy. Jaffas. They have a Bye and Edgey who will be pissed about recent form.

Azzurri have Lake Mac, Maito have Valo.

Hurricane
27-09-2020, 10:21 PM
too easy. Jaffas. They have a Bye and Edgey who will be pissed about recent form.

Jaffas have Magic

Negative Police
27-09-2020, 11:05 PM
Jaffas have Magic

oh yeah, correct. Still dont think theyll make it

Onyatoes
28-09-2020, 05:04 PM

$urely Jaffa$ make semi$.......

Hurricane
28-09-2020, 05:38 PM
$urely Jaffa$ make semi$.......

Ma$$ive flop$ if they mi$$ the $emi$.
$urely Pa$coe under pre$$ure

Alton
28-09-2020, 05:42 PM

Surely

Negative Police
28-09-2020, 09:11 PM
Jafs dont go forward quick enough and dont shut down the opposition from shooting enough. done

cobra23
29-09-2020, 11:17 AM

Rumour has it Bobby Noumov is coaching jaffas next year and pascoe will play a manager role with the final decision.
Read the writing on the wall, i give until season 2021 starts and Noumov will take the reigns

Alan
29-09-2020, 12:39 PM
Rumour has it Bobby Noumov is coaching jaffas next year and pascoe will play a manager role with the final decision.
Read the writing on the wall, i give until season 2021 starts and Noumov will take the reigns

Hi cobra,

Interesting rumour! I recall Bobby ruffling a few feathers at Olympic a few years ago.

We shall see how the current Jaffas crop cope with his expectations, if this comes off.

A

magician
29-09-2020, 02:10 PM
Hi cobra,

Interesting rumour! I recall Bobby ruffling a few feathers at Olympic a few years ago.

We shall see how the current Jaffas crop cope with his expectations, if this comes off.

A

Noumovs are the type of coaches you want in this league. Don’t take crap from anyone.

JustHearThings
29-09-2020, 02:24 PM
Have heard that Olympic have strengthened their squad from next year by signing 4 former players who left at various times when McGuinness took over.
Whilst have also heard that zaney has signed at least 3 of his ex players from edgy. Will be interesting next year too see magic's starting lineup with who misses out.

Blueboy
29-09-2020, 03:21 PM
Have heard that Olympic have strengthened their squad from next year by signing 4 former players who left at various times when McGuinness took over.
Whilst have also heard that zaney has signed at least 3 of his ex players from edgy. Will be interesting next year too see magic's starting lineup with who misses out.

Which players ?

Hurricane
29-09-2020, 03:32 PM
Which players ?
Olympic have signed Jacob Bailey. Tom Davies . Luke Rutledge . Luke Call one.
Magic have signed Will Bower . Keanu Moore. Jose Attadaye . Mitch Hunter

JustHearThings
29-09-2020, 04:29 PM
Louis Townsend was other name I heard for Olympic, not sure who Luke Call is.
Those are the names I also heard for magic with another 1 or 2 considering it

hamburgler
29-09-2020, 04:34 PM

Luke Vallone

JustHearThings
29-09-2020, 04:41 PM
Those 5 would be good additions to their squad from this year then. Adamstown will struggle even more next year with the lose of those 3

ForeverRed
29-09-2020, 06:32 PM
The players returning to olympic are hardly setting the world on fire, not the signings they need to compete at the top in my opinion

JustHearThings
29-09-2020, 08:08 PM
Will add depth to the club which they have lacked for a few years. Have had a good core 6 or 7 then that's it.

mge61
29-09-2020, 08:36 PM
Brice as well?

mge61
29-09-2020, 08:46 PM
To Magic

Zico
30-09-2020, 07:47 AM
To Magic

The PPS is working well 🤦🏻*♂️

W8 WATCHER
30-09-2020, 10:03 AM
The PPS is working well 🤦🏻*♂️

New NPL team next year
Broadmeadow Eagles FC

interesting to see what players not required at magic next year.
tip- a heap will move to jaffas

Alton
30-09-2020, 10:10 AM
New NPL team next year
Broadmeadow Eagles FC

interesting to see what players not required at magic next year.
tip- a heap will move to jaffas

And who are you tipping?

Dontknowmuch
30-09-2020, 11:37 AM
Will add depth to the club which they have lacked for a few years. Have had a good core 6 or 7 then that's it.

If it's Olympic you are referring to how could they have a lack of depth when they have such strong youth for the last who knows how many years. Doesn't make sense

Dontknowmuch
30-09-2020, 11:40 AM
And who are you tipping?

There are a few from Jaffa's heading to Cooks Hill chasing the big $$$ on offer there from what i am hearing, kids rego fees will need to be lifted to pay for the 1st grade players coming in on huge match fee's. Bit sad really.

GO AWAY
30-09-2020, 12:10 PM
Yeah I’ve heard luke Remington and tommy smart going there

Alton
30-09-2020, 04:12 PM
Do Cookers know something we don't?

mge61
30-09-2020, 05:53 PM
Do Cookers know something we don't?

Didn't someone mention promotion/relegation from next season a few weeks ago.

Negative Police
30-09-2020, 09:17 PM

sounds like the fix is in. Well done Harrys Boy

Barry Dawson
30-09-2020, 10:27 PM
There are a few from Jaffa's heading to Cooks Hill chasing the big $$$ on offer there from what i am hearing, kids rego fees will need to be lifted to pay for the 1st grade players coming in on huge match fee's. Bit sad really.

Because it’s worked so well for Jaffa$. Hopefully Tanch doesn’t send them down the same path as Azzuri

Onehunglow
30-09-2020, 10:45 PM

Maybe they have sponsors and the kids fees won't change.

The Hacker
30-09-2020, 10:48 PM
Maybe they have sponsors and the kids fees won't change.

They have over 1000 juniors only need to snip each kid $20 and call it ‘inflation’

Onehunglow
30-09-2020, 10:54 PM
They have over 1000 juniors only need to snip each kid $20 and call it ‘inflation’

Sure, I'd think a lot of those families would be happy to support their clubs quest to play in the NPL. A worthwhile goal IMO.

Aegon
30-09-2020, 11:49 PM
Because it’s worked so well for Jaffa$. Hopefully Tanch doesn’t send them down the same path as Azzuri

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at here? Tancheski had Azzurri on the right path, internal politics that stemmed from outside of football matters undid years of good work at the club. TBH they are doing remarkably well this season considering the club turmoil at the end of last year,

Johnno
01-10-2020, 12:07 AM
Sure, I'd think a lot of those families would be happy to support their clubs quest to play in the NPL. A worthwhile goal IMO.

90% of the parents whose kids just play community football at cooks wouldn’t give a toss about NPL.

Retro Jet
01-10-2020, 12:24 AM
:popcorn:

Barry Dawson
01-10-2020, 07:53 AM
I'm not quite sure what you're getting at here? Tancheski had Azzurri on the right path, internal politics that stemmed from outside of football matters undid years of good work at the club. TBH they are doing remarkably well this season considering the club turmoil at the end of last year,

For example - what did Lubo bring for the $$$? The team today looks very different and assume the total spend is also very different. All politics aside.

All I am saying is this coach has a history of spending up big and in an environment where sponsor $$$ are hard to come by, I am not sure that Cookers ID parents are going to be happy forking our extra to pay for these extras.

I wish Cookers well I really do, but at what cost?

GO AWAY
01-10-2020, 08:39 AM
I’d be pissed if I was a cookers player who is involved this year fighting for minor premiership AGAIN, do they need to spend big money on players coming to a team that’s already successful ?

Negative Police
01-10-2020, 09:52 AM
:popcorn:

Cmon retro weigh in to this debate and set everyone straight. Cookers are keen for NPL? Have you sponsors on board?

immersion
01-10-2020, 10:05 AM
I’d be pissed if I was a cookers player who is involved this year fighting for minor premiership AGAIN, do they need to spend big money on players coming to a team that’s already successful ?

I understand the sediment. Though the difference between NPL and the second tier is pretty large. Even if you compare the mid to lower-tier teams in the NPL to the second tier there will be a difference.

The second tier promoted team has to bring in players. And bringing in 1-3 NPL quality players before you get promoted (not sure if a promotion is on the table for next season) is a good idea IMO.

If Cooks Hill gets promoted for next season they will need 3-5 new players minimum. And the players they keep will have to be in better shape to compete in a more athletic comp.

It's no different when NPL teams play A-League teams. The difference is pretty big even though the scoreline doesn't reflect it at times.

Another example is the championship to the premier league. Championship teams almost always spend good money and struggle.

Going up a tier is always more difficult than people think.

That's my opinion.

Retro Jet
01-10-2020, 11:23 AM
Well, it certainly was interesting reading there and seeing peoples perceptions of our club.
I'm not on the Executive committee anymore (just our NewFM committee) but am fairly informed about movements in the NPL direction.

We don't have "1000's of juniors" and the comments about plundering Juniors rego's probably says more about other club's practices than ours.
We have financial controls in place and one of our sponsors is a reputible accounting firm reporting to the Exec committee which has representatives
right across the club. I do believe we're fairly unique in our structure and I'm not aware of any other club bar New Lambton? in the area that has an Exec committee that covers
Miniroos right up to their NL1/NPL teams.

It's no secret about our NPL aspirations but it's public knowledge that with the last NPL applications, a majority of clubs in NL1 went through the proccess too
last year.

As far as sponsors go, I'm not privey to any developments in that Dept but I asked our president about a budget being set for next year and that was part of the agreement
with the new coach coming onboard. I don't think the budget is much different to what Graham Law had to work with during his tenure either.
The pandemic has certainly had an influence on this as well.

It stands as new era for CHUFC no doubt and there are likely playing roster changes afoot. We've had loosely 5 year epochs since we entered ID3's in 2000.
The last 6yrs in NewFM have been helpful in building towards NLP and next season will be the 7th. That's a been good span of time to assess our viability with such a big step up from NL1.
I had a discussion about new players with Doug recently and I specifically told him I don't want to know anything and would like to be pleasantly surprised about any new players coming in.
Personally, I'll believe it when I start approving names in PlayFootball, SportsTG and spreadsheets when rego time comes around 2021...

No Cookers incarnation, past or obviously present has been in the local top division, so maybe, we're boldly going where no Cookers have ever gone before.

Beppe
01-10-2020, 11:50 AM
Well, it certainly was interesting reading there and seeing peoples perceptions of our club.
I'm not on the Executive committee anymore (just our NewFM committee) but am fairly informed about movements in the NPL direction.

We don't have "1000's of juniors" and the comments about plundering Juniors rego's probably says more about other club's practices than ours.
We have financial controls in place and one of our sponsors is a reputible accounting firm reporting to the Exec committee which has representatives
right across the club. I do believe we're fairly unique in our structure and I'm not aware of any other club bar New Lambton? in the area that has an Exec committee that covers
Miniroos right up to their NL1/NPL teams.

It's no secret about our NPL aspirations but it's public knowledge that with the last NPL applications, a majority of clubs in NL1 went through the proccess too
last year.

As far as sponsors go, I'm not privey to any developments in that Dept but I asked our president about a budget being set for next year and that was part of the agreement
with the new coach coming onboard. I don't think the budget is much different to what Graham Law had to work with during his tenure either.
The pandemic has certainly had an influence on this as well.

It stands as new era for CHUFC no doubt and there are likely playing roster changes afoot. We've had loosely 5 year epochs since we entered ID3's in 2000.
The last 6yrs in NewFM have been helpful in building towards NLP and next season will be the 7th. That's a been good span of time to assess our viability with such a big step up from NL1.
I had a discussion about new players with Doug recently and I specifically told him I don't want to know anything and would like to be pleasantly surprised about any new players coming in.
Personally, I'll believe it when I start approving names in PlayFootball, SportsTG and spreadsheets when rego time comes around 2021...

No Cookers incarnation, past or obviously present has been in the local top division, so maybe, we're boldly going where no Cookers have ever gone before.

Looks and sounds like the club has some really switched on people involved. Wishing you all the best. Whats the ground situation looking like for Cooks Hill. Is there plans to move away from the Athletics track in the future?

Alton
01-10-2020, 12:17 PM

Hullo !!!

Alton
01-10-2020, 12:21 PM
Looks and sounds like the club has some really switched on people involved. Wishing you all the best. Whats the ground situation looking like for Cooks Hill. Is there plans to move away from the Athletics track in the future?

Broadmeadow,Hamilton,Adamstown,Lambton and Cooks Hill? Don't think so.

The Magician
01-10-2020, 02:31 PM
There will be no promotion for the foreseeable future... and if there was, clubs would be given 12 months notice... not till 2023 at earliest, clubs will not like going to a 11 team comp just to promote Cookers, that extra 2 weeks of match payments will be too much for some.

mge61
01-10-2020, 03:48 PM
Broadmeadow,Hamilton,Adamstown,Lambton and Cooks Hill? Don't think so.
Buds a shadow of their former days. Magic, Olympic, Jaffas and Cookers possible although I hear there are a few of the current successful Cookers from recent seasons not interested in NPL. Time to move aside perhaps.

BS detecor
01-10-2020, 05:45 PM
Buds a shadow of their former days. Magic, Olympic, Jaffas and Cookers possible although I hear there are a few of the current successful Cookers from recent seasons not interested in NPL. Time to move aside perhaps.

Maybe they could slot into the cooks hill o/35 team where age and matching playing strip doesn’t matter

Devon Sangas
01-10-2020, 11:34 PM
Weekend predictions?

Who makes finals and who misses out?

JustHearThings
02-10-2020, 11:06 AM
Weekend predictions?

I think Olympic and Azzurri miss out, Olympic have 2 hard games coming up and Azzurri are very hit and miss sometimes

magician
02-10-2020, 11:14 AM
I think Olympic and Azzurri miss out, Olympic have 2 hard games coming up and Azzurri are very hit and miss sometimes

What second and third last are hard games for Olympic. I want what you’re on

JustHearThings
02-10-2020, 12:18 PM
What second and third last are hard games for Olympic. I want what you’re on

Yeah they are 2nd and 3rd last but are the type of teams I'd you don't put them away early they will hang around.

mge61
02-10-2020, 02:01 PM
Weekend predictions?

Magic for minor premiers Edgie to trip up against Buds.

JustHearThings
02-10-2020, 02:02 PM
Magic for minor premiers Edgie to trip up against Buds.

Not sure about that one

early_to_the_match
02-10-2020, 02:31 PM
Not sure about that one
Weren't you just saying Buds are such a hard team to put away?

Aegon
02-10-2020, 05:06 PM
From Jaffas FB page:

The Jaffas are to announce the appointment of the well credentialed and experienced campaigner in Bobby Naumov. Bob really needs no introduction to the Newcastle football fraternity, having experienced a great playing career at the National Level, and highly successful coaching stints with Newcastle Breakers, Edgeworth, Hamilton and others.
Bobby’s role will be described as First Grade Coach. Jimmy Pascoe remains as Head Coach and work with both Bobby, Shane Pryce & Michael Bridges in the senior coaching group.

mge61
02-10-2020, 07:35 PM
Weekend predictions?

Olympic by 3
Weston by 2
Val - Maitland draw
Magic by 2

ForeverRed
03-10-2020, 07:37 AM

Azzurri undefeated last 5 games, how’s that hit and miss

mge61
04-10-2020, 08:57 AM

Jaffas away to Magic in their only game left is going to be a tough gig.

Hurricane
04-10-2020, 05:44 PM
How are Valentine in the NPL.
Change rooms that can only hold 5 people.
No ball boys for ANY grade.
No stretcher when a Maitland player had to be carried off in 1st grade
The place is a joke

Reds Forever
04-10-2020, 05:51 PM
Because "apparently" council has big plans for the place.

I agree with you. Play on a community ground but somehow able to play NPL.

04-10-2020, 06:08 PM
Azzurri 2 Magic 0
Maitland 1 Valentine 0

Blueboy
04-10-2020, 08:03 PM
The place is a joke
Yeah it’s a joke, may as well add no toilets inside the ground.
Who was carried off?

mge61
04-10-2020, 08:04 PM
The place is a joke

Somebody has put that old record back on to play it again.

Hurricane
04-10-2020, 08:36 PM
Yeah it’s a joke, may as well add no toilets inside the ground.
Who was carried off?

One of the Swan brothers

monz6
04-10-2020, 08:57 PM
The place is a joke

Bottom 3 In all three grades too

Negative Police
04-10-2020, 10:17 PM

Never got there on their own accord. Merged with Pheonix to grab a spot.

Reds Forever
04-10-2020, 10:19 PM
Merged or takeover?

Negative Police
04-10-2020, 10:24 PM
Merged or takeover?

Not sure how it all unfolded but takeover may be more the case. Teams need to earn their way IMO.

Devon Sangas
05-10-2020, 01:09 AM
Azzurri too good for the Magic. They Set up very well in defense and should have had one or two more goals to be honest. Magic had no answers.

I can't see Jaffas making the finals now. Seems like a waste.

Should be an interesting finals.

Who's your money on?

finzee
05-10-2020, 06:00 PM
Merged or takeover?
Phoenix in its differing names (Stewart and Lloyds, Tubemakers, Rangers, Phoenix) were established in 1938 and apart from a hiatus of approx 5 years in the early 80's, have played senior football in NNSW since that date.

VEFC merged with Phoenix Rangers Football Club from season 2008 taking on their State League Licence and changing the playing name to Valentine Phoenix to acknowledge the Phoenix heritage.

Captain_Carl
05-10-2020, 08:05 PM
The place is a joke

Change rooms that are following COVID guidelines. Not having ballboys is again following COVID guidelines. Stretcher was not needed for the Maitland player who was able to walk off with assistance. what is a joke is the Maitland supporters who were having a go at Valentine‘s number one fan for just yelling out some encouragement to his team. Disgraceful mongrels.

Captain_Carl
05-10-2020, 08:06 PM
What is a joke is you. You and your holier than thou attitude can go jump in the lake.

Captain_Carl
05-10-2020, 08:07 PM
Cry me a river buddy. Valentine are here to stay so go hide under a rock.

finzee
05-10-2020, 08:13 PM
The 5 for mine
Edgeworth FC
Broadmeadow Magic FC
Newcastle Olympic FC v Valo
Charlestown Azzurri FC v L Macq
Maitland FC bye

magician
05-10-2020, 08:23 PM
Change rooms that are following COVID guidelines. Not having ballboys is again following COVID guidelines. Stretcher was not needed for the Maitland player who was able to walk off with assistance. what is a joke is the Maitland supporters who were having a go at Valentine‘s number one fan for just yelling out some encouragement to his team. Disgraceful mongrels.

Walk off with assistance?? He was carried off by 2 people you clown. Even valentine players were telling him to shut it. Must be a well respected Supporter

Captain_Carl
05-10-2020, 09:21 PM
Walk off with assistance?? He was carried off by 2 people you clown. Even valentine players were telling him to shut it. Must be a well respected Supporter

People who can be helped off with assistance don’t need a stretcher you muppet. valentine‘s number one fan is loved by all. He is super smart and he’s a great supporter. The club loves him like a son.

05-10-2020, 09:32 PM

I was at this game and ref called for a stretcher and after several minutes of nothing ,not even a valo official running on to ground to help the player had to get carried off by Maitland support Staff.Deff didn’t look the best I must say.
As for the loud supporter yes he was supporting his team but constantly very loud and I could tell he positioned him self right next to Maitland supporters to get on there nerves and get in a confrontation.he was politely asked several times to be quiet or move on to the valentine support but this egged him on to be more loud and look even further for confrontation .Yes a few Maitland supporters eventually give this man what he wanted at the end by biting back at his antics and I must say it was cooled down by fellow supporters straight away but it was the last 10 min of game after listening to his ‘support’ the entire game.And yes both sides of players very getting frustrated with his antics Not here to get in any argument just my thoughts on what I seen.

finzee
05-10-2020, 09:35 PM
Players shouldnt listen to crowd ever. Has the league gone soft? ffs get into it

Captain_Carl
05-10-2020, 10:13 PM
Players shouldnt listen to crowd ever. Has the league gone soft? ffs get into it
Couldn’t agree with you more.

mge61
05-10-2020, 10:40 PM
All things considered congratulations to Edgeworth on another minor premiership. I'm guessing a few would have been thinking they may have been a bit off the pace this season after the early season goings on but they've stuck firm and done it again. Interesting to see how they hold up through the finals. Personally I think they can be caught out a bit by teams with a bit of pacers seen in their two losses to Jaffas and Maitland. Looking for ward to the finals.

Goatscheese
05-10-2020, 11:01 PM
Didn't someone mention promotion/relegation from next season a few weeks ago.

Northern aren't going to do that any time soon.

Goatscheese
05-10-2020, 11:05 PM

I wish they would have it, we must be the only federation without promotion/relegation (except for small ones like NT) but Northern aren't going to do it anytime soon.

Hurricane
05-10-2020, 11:19 PM

An idiot screaming Jeepers Creepers at the top of his voice for 90 minutes, is that who you identify as Valentine's number one fan.
Asked a dozen times or more to quieten down or move away from screaming in opposition supporters faces, which he declined to do ,and then got upset when he got challenged.
Go and listen to yourself on bartv captain Carl

Captain_Carl
05-10-2020, 11:35 PM
An idiot screaming Jeepers Creepers at the top of his voice for 90 minutes, is that who you identify as Valentine's number one fan.
Asked a dozen times or more to quieten down or move away from screaming in opposition supporters faces, which he declined to do ,and then got upset when he got challenged.
Go and listen to yourself on bartv captain Carl

Jeepers creepers yeah!
Go Valo!
Hey it’s a beautiful day!
Go the Phoenix

These are all highly offensive aren’t they you muppet?

Goatscheese
05-10-2020, 11:38 PM

Based on the quality of football Valo put out sounds about par for the quality of support for the club

Captain_Carl
05-10-2020, 11:40 PM
Based on the quality of football Valo put out sounds about par for the quality of support for the club

Go fall in some quicksand or something constructive would you buddy?

Goatscheese
05-10-2020, 11:43 PM

Constructive football is something Valo desperately needs

ForeverRed
06-10-2020, 07:22 AM
All things considered congratulations to Edgeworth on another minor premiership. I'm guessing a few would have been thinking they may have been a bit off the pace this season after the early season goings on but they've stuck firm and done it again. Interesting to see how they hold up through the finals. Personally I think they can be caught out a bit by teams with a bit of pacers seen in their two losses to Jaffas and Maitland. Looking for ward to the finals.
Call it what you will but when you don’t play everyone twice I wouldn’t be celebrating to hard,

Bremsstrahlung
06-10-2020, 08:12 AM

Not doing the club you support many favours with these comments, imo.
Understandably you feel threatened and attacked by the comments on here, but it’s part of the territory.
South Cardiff copped it for their facilities over their years in the top flight too. The years Lakes and Azzurri were dumped, and ever since, there’s been a focus on “criteria” and how some clubs meet the criteria but others do not.
The allocation of licenses was promised to be for current set up, not promises or plans for the future and I think clubs with NPL aspirations have a right to challenge why their clubs are being overlooked.

If you have constructive rebuttals as to why Valentine meet criteria, I’m sure everyone would happily listen.
For instance, their junior base was always one of the strongest in Macquarie district and the merger originally was seen as a great thing for the up and coming youth. Is there many Valentine juniors in the NPL set up?

I think their biggest issue and easiest to criticise is their facilities. Cahill oval had potential to be a good venue if they sorted the cricket pitch out. But that was a hazard. I remember playing there after a bit of rain the night before and the pitch was a ice skating rink, not suitable.
The redevelopments promise to offer a much better venue, but the questions remain how the current CB complex meets NPL criteria.
Many clubs with similar or on par set ups, eg south Cardiff, cooks hill, new lambton, Toronto etc are probably curious why they didn’t get a license too.
When results, or lack thereof, are added to the equation, more questions begin to be asked. The same questions being asked of Adamstown and Lake Macquarie.

For the most part, I don’t think the criticism is aimed at the clubs (maybe their lack of a plan B), but more towards the lack of transparency from NNSWF regarding criteria and NPL.
While they continue to use an application system and behind closed doors judgement on which clubs meet criteria and withhold this information, it leads to speculation and questions. I understand clubs are given “feedback” regarding their own applications but obviously are not privy to their competitors feedback, which leads to “How are xxxx in NPL when we aren’t”

ForeverRed
06-10-2020, 08:26 AM
Understandably you feel threatened and attacked by the comments on here, but it’s part of the territory.
South Cardiff copped it for their facilities over their years in the top flight too. The years Lakes and Azzurri were dumped, and ever since, there’s been a focus on “criteria” and how some clubs meet the criteria but others do not.
The allocation of licenses was promised to be for current set up, not promises or plans for the future and I think clubs with NPL aspirations have a right to challenge why their clubs are being overlooked.

If you have constructive rebuttals as to why Valentine meet criteria, I’m sure everyone would happily listen.
For instance, their junior base was always one of the strongest in Macquarie district and the merger originally was seen as a great thing for the up and coming youth. Is there many Valentine juniors in the NPL set up?

I think their biggest issue and easiest to criticise is their facilities. Cahill oval had potential to be a good venue if they sorted the cricket pitch out. But that was a hazard. I remember playing there after a bit of rain the night before and the pitch was a ice skating rink, not suitable.
The redevelopments promise to offer a much better venue, but the questions remain how the current CB complex meets NPL criteria.
Many clubs with similar or on par set ups, eg south Cardiff, cooks hill, new lambton, Toronto etc are probably curious why they didn’t get a license too.
When results, or lack thereof, are added to the equation, more questions begin to be asked. The same questions being asked of Adamstown and Lake Macquarie.

For the most part, I don’t think the criticism is aimed at the clubs (maybe their lack of a plan B), but more towards the lack of transparency from NNSWF regarding criteria and NPL.
While they continue to use an application system and behind closed doors judgement on which clubs meet criteria and withhold this information, it leads to speculation and questions. I understand clubs are given “feedback” regarding their own applications but obviously are not privy to their competitors feedback, which leads to “How are xxxx in NPL when we aren’t”
I’m not sure why everyone has a crack at south Cardiff’s facilities, I was there on Sunday, first time this year, and the place was looking a treat, plenty of undercover seating out of the hot sun, more then olympics ground and a raised platform to view the game from if required, the ground was also in decent nick after all that’s been played on it, the lower ground training pitches are second to very few with plenty of room for training, please tell me why olympic is better, I’m open to opinions, not a slanging match

Bremsstrahlung
06-10-2020, 08:40 AM
I’m not sure why everyone has a crack at south Cardiff’s facilities, I was there on Sunday, first time this year, and the place was looking a treat, plenty of undercover seating out of the hot sun, more then olympics ground and a raised platform to view the game from if required, the ground was also in decent nick after all that’s been played on it, the lower ground training pitches are second to very few with plenty of room for training, please tell me why olympic is better, I’m open to opinions, not a slanging match

No arguments here. Just playing devils advocate that the club copped some flack over the years.
Think their pitch has always been pretty good, especially considering the traffic it gets.
Credit to them for improving the ground with more seating.

Bull fighter
06-10-2020, 08:44 AM

It’s like groundhog day and members constantly bitch & bag on endlessly about Valo so I can see why Carl is fed up, but will try and answer your questions.
Not sure about juniors playing in top grade but when the club was relegated about 6 years ago the club lost lots of juniors to other NPL clubs and have been trying to rebuild since.
The club tried to exit Cahill Oval completely but the council desperately wants them on it and did everything to keep the youth playing there. Why? Because there is a huge development planned for the precinct which includes a NPL level ground where Barton No.1 is now, but the council needs multiple users in order to enhance the chances of getting funding from the state government.
CB Complex is getting bulldozed soon so surely you and everyone else understands that zero improvements are being undertaken on the facilities. The plans are available on LMCC website for your perusal.

Bull fighter
07-10-2020, 12:54 PM
https://www.lakemac.com.au/Projects/Croudace-Bay-Sports-Complex?BestBetMatch=draft%20plan%20croudace%20bay |10e74f33-1d93-49eb-bcde-33a8ffc2501a|5f00a674-3457-48cf-9ef8-af3e81f9bcbf|en-AU

magician
07-10-2020, 02:26 PM
https://www.lakemac.com.au/Projects/Croudace-Bay-Sports-Complex?BestBetMatch=draft%20plan%20croudace%20bay |10e74f33-1d93-49eb-bcde-33a8ffc2501a|5f00a674-3457-48cf-9ef8-af3e81f9bcbf|en-AU

So atleast 2 more years of pathetic facilities

Bull fighter
07-10-2020, 03:31 PM
So atleast 2 more years of pathetic facilities

Probably 1 or maybe
2 seasons, out of the control of Valo, please address all complaints to LMCC

AVB
07-10-2020, 04:33 PM
2 years to wait for an upgrade at Valo, mean while Cooks Hill have won a grant to revamp their playing surface to the tune of $150k.

Other than the playing surface, The Athletics track facility is as good as any other NPL ground. If they spend this money well then geez NNSW will be hard pressed to tell them no again you'd think

https://northernnswfootball.com.au/five-community-clubs-awarded-220000-in-second-round-of-northern-nsw-football-facilities-fund/

ForeverRed
07-10-2020, 05:53 PM
2 years to wait for an upgrade at Valo, mean while Cooks Hill have won a grant to revamp their playing surface to the tune of $150k.

Other than the playing surface, The Athletics track facility is as good as any other NPL ground. If they spend this money well then geez NNSW will be hard pressed to tell them no again you'd think

https://northernnswfootball.com.au/five-community-clubs-awarded-220000-in-second-round-of-northern-nsw-football-facilities-fund/
There’s a few clubs in front of cooks hill I’d think,

Goatscheese
07-10-2020, 07:34 PM
There’s a few clubs in front of cooks hill I’d think,

Such as?

Blueboy
08-10-2020, 08:49 AM
Broadmeadow 1-2 Jaffa’s
Edgeworth 3-0 Adamstown
Lakes 1-3 Charlestown
Valentine 1-1 Olympic

Edgeworth
Broadmeadow
Charlestown
Maitland
Jaffa’s

Bremsstrahlung
08-10-2020, 09:25 AM
My point with valentine is that other NEWFM clubs aren’t being granted NPL licenses because their facilities don’t meet criteria. No problem with them being in NPL. They earned their promotion and haven’t been relegated so fair play. I just don’t get how some other clubs are deemed to have inferior facilities that don’t meet NPL requirements in comparison.

The sooner some NEWFM teams are granted NPL licenses and the ability to achieve promotion, the better the local competition will be.
How long have the current teams been “protected” for?
There’s no incentives to improve the clubs, there’s no ramifications for not doing so.

Edit: changed “issue” to “point”.
No issue with valentine as a club. problem is lack of transparency from NNSWF. My discussion around Valentine mainly relates to how they have a similar setup to many NEWFM clubs who were denied a NPL license. The double standards of NNSWF in the allocation of licenses is the focus.
At the end of the day, NNSWF obviously deems their game day set up adequate. The question remains why other NEWFM clubs are not also deemed adequate.

Bull fighter
08-10-2020, 10:19 AM
My issue with valentine is that other NEWFM clubs aren’t being granted NPL licenses because their facilities don’t meet criteria. No problem with them being in NPL. They earned their promotion and haven’t been relegated so fair play. I just don’t get how some other clubs are deemed to have inferior facilities that don’t meet NPL requirements in comparison.

The sooner some NEWFM teams are granted NPL licenses and the ability to achieve promotion, the better the local competition will be.
How long have the current teams been “protected” for?
There’s no incentives to improve the clubs, there’s no ramifications for not doing so.

So your issue should be with NNSWF, not Valo, the club is same as any other with many hard working volunteers doing their best.
Understanding decisions made by NNSWF is very difficult at times.
I think everyone will agree that they need show more transparency around the criteria and how promotion & relegation works. Would really help if they had a clear & concise vision for the NPL going forward so the aspiring clubs don't feel like they are constantly banging their heads against a brick wall.

finzee
08-10-2020, 10:38 AM
My issue with valentine is that other NEWFM clubs aren’t being granted NPL licenses because their facilities don’t meet criteria. No problem with them being in NPL. They earned their promotion and haven’t been relegated so fair play.

Agree with the extension of licences for Newfm clubs.

It's not fair play when a team comes last and doesnt go down.

The winner of Newfm should at least have a choice to go up.

Hurricane
08-10-2020, 10:54 AM
Imagine the excitement and drama of this weekend's matches if there was promotion and relegation.
Not only would you have 3 clubs battling for 2 semi spots you would also have Lakes and Adamstown fighting to avoid relegation

Dontknowmuch
08-10-2020, 11:18 AM

And warm up where?

immersion
08-10-2020, 11:56 AM
Imagine the excitement and drama of this weekend's matches if there was promotion and relegation.
Not only would you have 3 clubs battling for 2 semi spots you would also have Lakes and Adamstown fighting to avoid relegation

And with all the games kicking off at the same time it would make for a fantastic afternoon on Sunday.

Reminds me of the EPL 2012 Dzeko equalises 92min, Aguero 94mi winner, giving M city their title. Joey Barton with his antics. Utd had the fat lady singing. One of the best nights of football in my life.

Bremsstrahlung
08-10-2020, 12:31 PM
So your issue should be with NNSWF, not Valo, the club is same as any other with many hard working volunteers doing their best.
Understanding decisions made by NNSWF is very difficult at times..

Yeh, wrong choice of words to say issue. “Point” would be better.
All club volunteers and club servants put in a lot of work, and definitely not questioning their dedication, they all do their best with their resources.

AVB
08-10-2020, 12:38 PM
And warm up where?

I think this years KO times have solved that problem. A gap of 30mins between ressies and 1st grade means that teams can start their warm-up in the area east of the pitch, and move onto the field proper when ressies finishes.

The space to the east of the field is more than big enough for the classic FIFA 11+ warm-up.

In any case, this hasn't appeared to have be an issue in NewFM for the last 5 years....

GO AWAY
08-10-2020, 03:51 PM

Please tell me how you put Toronto ground in same bracket as Southy, cookers, valo and NL ? Shits on all of them

BS detecor
08-10-2020, 04:02 PM
Just start a second division and even a third division today and worry about clubs meeting criteria over the next few seasons. Making a club go to all the expense of getting their ground up to spec and then denying them a license is what got us to this point.

Aegon
08-10-2020, 04:42 PM
Just start a second division and even a third division today and worry about clubs meeting criteria over the next few seasons. Making a club go to all the expense of getting their ground up to spec and then denying them a license is what got us to this point.

Couldn’t agree more.
This criteria crap is more detrimental to the game in our region than allowing teams to play in a competition they deserve to be in through results.

At the end of the day if the Suns or the terrace or the like got a group of players together that stuck it out and promoted ZPL-NL1-NPL that would be amazing. They might end up dropping back down eventually but who cares? It’d be a great story and fun to watch it happen.

hamburgler
08-10-2020, 05:49 PM
Please tell me how you put Toronto ground in same bracket as Southy, cookers, valo and NL ? Shits on all of them

Could not agree more!

Bremsstrahlung
08-10-2020, 07:01 PM

Same bracket because they don’t have an NPL license?
Just naming clubs that would be able to meet the facilities component, which I mentioned Toronto....
Not sure what the problem is?

Not getting into a dickwaving contest about facilities. Didn’t mention other clubs either

sammydog
08-10-2020, 09:38 PM
Couldn’t agree more.
This criteria crap is more detrimental to the game in our region than allowing teams to play in a competition they deserve to be in through results.

At the end of the day if the Suns or the terrace or the like got a group of players together that stuck it out and promoted ZPL-NL1-NPL that would be amazing. They might end up dropping back down eventually but who cares? It’d be a great story and fun to watch it happen.

You can extend that to clubs in NPL and NL1 being able to run SAP. Plenty of community clubs would love to hang onto and develop their kids, but can't due to it being exclusive to the "premier clubs".

Its the same thing with facilities and NPL. the way the criteria and focus is on the facilities, it locks everyone else out of the NPL. Hardly an open system.

Scrap the Zone League, open up NL1 to include as many levels as want to enter, throw in promotion relegation with NPL. Consistent junior development through and clubs will find their appropriate level and those with ambition have the chance to climb. Those clubs with ambition will be working on their facilities and shouldn't be held back because of it.

Goatscheese
08-10-2020, 10:41 PM
Those clubs with ambition will be working on their facilities and shouldn't be held back because of it.

Or clubs that are on grounds that are allowed to improve, not all clubs will be allowed to do what Olympic did and rip up their cricket field, if the council says no cricket get to use all these grounds 6 months of the year doesn't matter about ambition they will never be able to meet criteria.

Devon Sangas
08-10-2020, 11:03 PM
Broadmeadow 1-2 Jaffa’s
Edgeworth 3-0 Adamstown
Lakes 1-3 Charlestown
Valentine 1-1 Olympic

Edgeworth
Broadmeadow
Charlestown
Maitland
Jaffa’s

Magic 1-1 Jaffas
Edgeworth 2-1 Rosebuds
Lakes 0-2 Azzurri
Valo 2-2 Olympic

Edgeworth
Magic
Azzurri
Maitland
Olympic

BS detecor
08-10-2020, 11:09 PM
Or clubs that are on grounds that are allowed to improve, not all clubs will be allowed to do what Olympic did and rip up their cricket field, if the council says no cricket get to use all these grounds 6 months of the year doesn't matter about ambition they will never be able to meet criteria.

The Jets seniors don’t have a ground that meets FNSW criteria so they play all their games away. There is always ways around it if a team wants to play in the premier league

sammydog
08-10-2020, 11:22 PM

Exactly, so the ground criteria doesn't help other clubs develop or result in the best clubs in the NPL, it just maintains the status quo.

Its the same with the SAP system. Those in the right place at the right time get to be in on the party.

Goatscheese
09-10-2020, 12:10 AM
The Jets seniors don’t have a ground that meets FNSW criteria so they play all their games away. There is always ways around it if a team wants to play in the premier league

We are talking about Northern here now FNSW

The Hacker
09-10-2020, 12:39 AM
Couldn’t agree more.

Totally agree. In the juniors if a club wants to have SAP jnrs etc well it’s up to them but if their first grade stinks just cause they have the junior set up shouldn’t save them from relegation. If a club can get up from ZPL all the way to NPL even if it last 1 year then they get relegated. Has it made the NPL comp any worse. The answer is no cause you get the genuine 10 best teams.
We might also find that NL1 might become a better comp cause all teams start the season with the chance of promotion no matter their juniors or ground. NPL needs to get back to the 10 best first grade teams. It’s how it works around the world and why we love the game

Jardelsimage
09-10-2020, 06:46 AM
Totally agree. In the juniors if a club wants to have SAP jnrs etc well it’s up to them but if their first grade stinks just cause they have the junior set up shouldn’t save them from relegation. If a club can get up from ZPL all the way to NPL even if it last 1 year then they get relegated. Has it made the NPL comp any worse. The answer is no cause you get the genuine 10 best teams.
We might also find that NL1 might become a better comp cause all teams start the season with the chance of promotion no matter their juniors or ground. NPL needs to get back to the 10 best first grade teams. It’s how it works around the world and why we love the game

I agree Hacker, should be about results, not numbers, grounds should be of a basic standard though at the same time, dont want a team playing out of say Nesbitt Park.(only example, dont yell at me).

Thomas477
09-10-2020, 07:33 AM

Actually that’s not true. Precovid the plan was that they played out of the Glendale athletics field, and/or LMRFF. Due to COVID restrictions at the time, the decision was to play all their games in Sydney.

Devon Sangas
09-10-2020, 03:41 PM
With this weekend's matches being the final round of the regular season.

Who are your player of the season contenders?

ForeverRed
09-10-2020, 04:35 PM
Rene Ferguson should win comfortably

Jim
09-10-2020, 05:48 PM
You can extend that to clubs in NPL and NL1 being able to run SAP. Plenty of community clubs would love to hang onto and develop their kids, but can't due to it being exclusive to the "premier clubs".

Its the same thing with facilities and NPL. the way the criteria and focus is on the facilities, it locks everyone else out of the NPL. Hardly an open system.

Scrap the Zone League, open up NL1 to include as many levels as want to enter, throw in promotion relegation with NPL. Consistent junior development through and clubs will find their appropriate level and those with ambition have the chance to climb. Those clubs with ambition will be working on their facilities and shouldn't be held back because of it.

So you're suggesting have NPL, NPL1 and make ZPL NPL2 so there can be promotion relegation? Also allows NPL2 clubs to have SAP jnrs

Hurricane
09-10-2020, 06:45 PM

Nathan Archibald

Goatscheese
09-10-2020, 06:49 PM

Ground is good, hopefully they can field teams in all competitions next season.

ForeverRed
09-10-2020, 09:00 PM
Nathan Archibald
Both deserved candidates

KITZ
09-10-2020, 11:40 PM
Couldn’t agree more.

Part of the licencing requirements is that you MUST field juniors in all age groups. you can't just choose not to like in lower divisions. that's why it is supposed to be the Premier League for the region, you must be able to fill development requirements to keep feeding players though into premier competitions. Otherwise, the whole comp falls over. I don't know if you've seen the A-league at the moment? because we didn't value our youth we are now paying for it.

It's short-sighted to not see that its all one big system.

It's also not how it works around the world, because the second/third/fourth and so on tiers for example in the UK also have youth feeding the pipeline, the difference being overseas those lower-tier clubs make significant amounts of money if they can sell a youth player to a higher tier, it makes them valuable to the club.

that's where we fall over in this country because youth are considered by some as having no value and theres those who only want to have a whinge about anything they can find to complain about.

BTW there's already an opportunity for those clubs from ZPL its called the FFA cup.... happens usually every year...

spamg172
10-10-2020, 12:42 AM

Absolutely agree Rene, and Aaron Niyonkuru as a speculator. Pat wheeler also in the mix, but doesn't score goals so won't get the votes.

mge61
10-10-2020, 08:46 AM
Absolutely agree Rene, and Aaron Niyonkuru as a speculator. Pat wheeler also in the mix, but doesn't score goals so won't get the votes.

If Josh Evans isn’t the best player in this competition week in week out then I don’t know.

magician
10-10-2020, 09:13 AM
If Josh Evans isn’t the best player in this competition week in week out then I don’t know.

That’s how backwards this comp is. Could have a horrible game but score a goal or 2 and you get man of the match.
Evans has been the best player in the comp since he has joined

mge61
10-10-2020, 09:22 AM
That’s how backwards this comp is. Could have a horrible game but score a goal or 2 and you get man of the match.

Closely followed by Mitch Rooke this season he has been a great pickup for Magic.

spamg172
10-10-2020, 12:43 PM

I completely agree about Evans, but he's missed quite a few games this year hasn't he?

mge61
10-10-2020, 12:54 PM
I completely agree about Evans, but he's missed quite a few games this year hasn't he?

He usually does each year with RAAF but not this season. I think he’s only missed one game this year. Don’t understand how he wasn’t in the five leading players when the voting went behind closed doors.

Blueboy
10-10-2020, 02:33 PM
He usually does each year with RAAF but not this season. I think he’s only missed one game this year. Don’t understand how he wasn’t in the five leading players when the voting went behind closed doors.

Don’t the referee’s vote? I rest my case.
Just like the team of the week by northern. If you score a goal you’re in, the rest are picked out from a hat . Embarrassing

Devon Sangas
10-10-2020, 07:33 PM
Don’t the referee’s vote? I rest my case.
Just like the team of the week by northern. If you score a goal you’re in, the rest are picked out from a hat . Embarrassing

Archibold, Rooke, Evans and Ferguson for me.

Rooke and Ferguson have been the stand outs and saved their team's bacon many times this season.

Thomas477
10-10-2020, 11:20 PM
And I bet you have no better idea of voting, if you don’t have any answers please refrain form commenting

To be fair, I wonder how many of them are keeping tabs on who should get the 321 when they’re already trying to manage 22 adults acting like children on the field, plus the 10-15 people on the sidelines wanting their 2 bobs worth, plus dealing with all the numpties in the crowd too, it’s hardly surprising the 321 isn’t always what people agree with.

Blueboy
11-10-2020, 08:56 AM
And I bet you have no better idea of voting, if you don’t have any answers please refrain form commenting

Yeah no worries champ 🤦*♂️

hamburgler
11-10-2020, 09:56 AM

Why shouldn’t BB comment? He had as much as right to comment as you do!!

Negative Police
11-10-2020, 07:14 PM
For all the decent players jaffas have, they cant put together a decent game. Attack is dismal, defence is shite. wtf is Pascoe doing? Hope they arent paying this imposter. Pathetic

ForeverRed
11-10-2020, 08:02 PM
Adamstown you are a disgrace, get out of the comp now, why do we put up with mediocre teams, Adamstown, lakes and valentine offer nothing year after year, there needs to be change, to lose 9 nil is disgraceful, time for change, bring back relegation, clubs need a voice

Blueboy
11-10-2020, 08:40 PM
Adamstown you are a disgrace, get out of the comp now, why do we put up with mediocre teams, Adamstown, lakes and valentine offer nothing year after year, there needs to be change, to lose 9 nil is disgraceful, time for change, bring back relegation, clubs need a voice

If you don’t have a better solution can you keep your opinion to yourself.
Oh wait, bring up southy. 🥱

Bremsstrahlung
11-10-2020, 09:29 PM
If you don’t have a better solution can you keep your opinion to yourself.
Oh wait, bring up southy. ��

Wait, wasn’t his solution promotion/relegation?
Pretty good solution...

ABCDEF
11-10-2020, 09:30 PM

Adamstown have made the semis in reserve grade and U16s and most likely will in U18s too. Edgeworth won’t make it in any of these except possibly U18s but it’s a 50/50. I agree there should be relegation but don’t say shit like that when clubs like Edgeworth r spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on players and clubs like buds and lakes have next to no money. These clubs rely on their juniors and are actually developing players (at least buds are) as evident in my first sentence.
The NPL is 7 grades u nongdong, maybe the league should stop paying shit tonnes of money to these “elite footballers” and pricing kids out of football... there’s a suggestion.

ForeverRed
11-10-2020, 09:35 PM
Adamstown have made the semis in reserve grade and U16s and most likely will in U18s too. Edgeworth won’t make it in any of these except possibly U18s but it’s a 50/50. I agree there should be relegation but don’t say shit like that when clubs like Edgeworth r spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on players and clubs like buds and lakes have next to no money. These clubs rely on their juniors and are actually developing players (at least buds are) as evident in my first sentence.
The NPL is 7 grades u nongdong, maybe the league should stop paying shit tonnes of money to these “elite footballers” and pricing kids out of football... there’s a suggestion.
They’re not competing, who cares about how their juniors are going, go develop them in Newfm, it’s embarrassing, bring in promotion and relegation and a proper player points system that controls the big money clubs and I’m pretty sure these results won’t occur

ABCDEF
11-10-2020, 09:40 PM
They’re not competing, who cares about how their juniors are going, go develop them in Newfm, it’s embarrassing, bring in promotion and relegation and a proper player points system that controls the big money clubs and I’m pretty sure these results won’t occur

The point I’m trying to make is they r competing across the other grades. I completely agree that there should be relegation and promotion but sorry any club that comes up isn’t going to do better than buds, especially in juniors.

Imyourhero
11-10-2020, 09:45 PM
Promotion/relegation based on club championship standings?

ForeverRed
11-10-2020, 09:48 PM
Promotion/relegation based on club championship standings?

Could work but I disagree on putting win at all costs pressure on juniors, imagine telling an u13 team if they don’t win today then the clubs going down, some pressure

BS detecor
11-10-2020, 11:15 PM
Could work but I disagree on putting win at all costs pressure on juniors, imagine telling an u13 team if they don’t win today then the clubs going down, some pressure

Welcome to life. FNSW doesn’t include 13s in the club championship, youth and senior are seperated and senior Pro/rel is decided by first grade position

Bremsstrahlung
12-10-2020, 07:40 AM
There’s just no consequences for poor performance.
And performance can cover a range of aspects of operating a club.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I seem to remember a large motivating factor for “protecting” the NPL clubs in top division with no relegation originally was so there could be focus on developing instead of spending money on players to buy survival. Whether it was putting a development program for younger ages, upgrading facilities, buying better training equipment etc

How many clubs have improved their facilities over the last, what, 6 years?

Pretty sure I remember Weston wrote a year off cause it didn’t mean anything. Came last from memory. And then the year after, there was going to be a “review of criteria and new applications” they recruited again and did well. Not bagging Weston, just an example.

What are the downfalls to promotion/relegation?

And I agree there should be a club championship style system for it.
It’s heavily weighted on first grade results, but a strong reserves and 18s or whatever it is this week, can save a club.
Something like:
1st: 8 for win, 4 for draw
Reserves: 4 for win, 2 for draw
18s: 2 for win, 1 for draw

Think that’s fair. Very little pressure on 18s imo. Shame on any committee that would rely or pressure the 18s to achieve results to “save the club”.

I’d even be happy to give promoted clubs a year of safety to get their affairs in order, but that’a being generous.

I heard they were supposed to “re-assess” NPL licenses at the end of the year for prospective clubs. I think if any NEWFM clubs meet criteria, give them a license. If they win, send them up. Bring somebody down. If a club without a license wins, no change.

Johnno
12-10-2020, 07:57 AM
There’s just no consequences for poor performance.
And performance can cover a range of aspects of operating a club.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I seem to remember a large motivating factor for “protecting” the NPL clubs in top division with no relegation originally was so there could be focus on developing instead of spending money on players to buy survival. Whether it was putting a development program for younger ages, upgrading facilities, buying better training equipment etc

How many clubs have improved their facilities over the last, what, 6 years?

Pretty sure I remember Weston wrote a year off cause it didn’t mean anything. Came last from memory. And then the year after, there was going to be a “review of criteria and new applications” they recruited again and did well. Not bagging Weston, just an example.

What are the downfalls to promotion/relegation?

And I agree there should be a club championship style system for it.
It’s heavily weighted on first grade results, but a strong reserves and 18s or whatever it is this week, can save a club.
Something like:
1st: 8 for win, 4 for draw
Reserves: 4 for win, 2 for draw
18s: 2 for win, 1 for draw

Think that’s fair. Very little pressure on 18s imo. Shame on any committee that would rely or pressure the 18s to achieve results to “save the club”.

I’d even be happy to give promoted clubs a year of safety to get their affairs in order, but that’a being generous.

I heard they were supposed to “re-assess” NPL licenses at the end of the year for prospective clubs. I think if any NEWFM clubs meet criteria, give them a license. If they win, send them up. Bring somebody down. If a club without a license wins, no change.

100% correct Brem. That was the publicised reason re pro/rel and I’d say player payments just increased because of it with very little investment if any in facilities. Valentine perfect example of this nil investment and brought a heap of players this season 6 or 7 to run 8th. Seriously. Governance by Northern and management of this whole situation in recent years has been appalling.
Also agree with your model shouldn’t be just about first grade because the above will keep happening.

Aegon
12-10-2020, 09:34 AM
100% correct Brem. That was the publicised reason re pro/rel and I’d say player payments just increased because of it with very little investment if any in facilities. Valentine perfect example of this nil investment and brought a heap of players this season 6 or 7 to run 8th. Seriously. Governance by Northern and management of this whole situation in recent years has been appalling.
Also agree with your model shouldn’t be just about first grade because the above will keep happening.

In all fairness to Valo why would they invest in facilities knowing that it will all be bulldozed and replaced in the near future?
Comparing their grass condition on the field to the rest of the comp they did very well to maintain its condition considering how bad the drainage is there. A lot of other teams fields were appalling by the end.

cobra23
12-10-2020, 11:14 AM
In all fairness to Valo why would they invest in facilities knowing that it will all be bulldozed and replaced in the near future?
Comparing their grass condition on the field to the rest of the comp they did very well to maintain its condition considering how bad the drainage is there. A lot of other teams fields were appalling by the end.

besides Maybe Azzurri & Definitely Valo, what other grounds were appalling?????

cobra23
12-10-2020, 11:18 AM

and where are Southy coming in 2nd division ???

Aegon
12-10-2020, 11:40 AM
besides Maybe Azzurri & Definitely Valo, what other grounds were appalling?????

Cooks Square, Macquarie Field, Edden from the games I saw.

ForeverRed
12-10-2020, 01:14 PM
and where are Southy coming in 2nd division ???

Not sure what this has to do with anything, the comps a joke at the moment and needs fixing,

Blueboy
12-10-2020, 01:46 PM
Not sure what this has to do with anything, the comps a joke at the moment and needs fixing,

I’ll put it simple so even you can understand .
Why should a team like southy that are struggling in 2nd division be promoted .

Jardelsimage
12-10-2020, 03:33 PM

did he mention Southy, i dont think so.
How about we put it in simple terms to you, without promotion and relegation the comp is a joke......as always Northern do what they like, always have, always will.

Devon Sangas
12-10-2020, 04:27 PM
Who are you all backing in the finals this weekend?

GO AWAY
12-10-2020, 04:53 PM
Either promotion happens between the two comps, new lambton up to NPL ... Lakes to Newfm. OR .... New Lambton v Lakes at NL1 home ground ( Not NPL park ) the winner is in NPL
2020 example

cobra23
12-10-2020, 04:54 PM

You obviously didn’t get to many games this year ..
All those grounds you mentioned were pretty decent ..
So maybe your going off previous years

Hurricane
12-10-2020, 05:17 PM

I was at Cooks Square yesterday watching the youth games and the ground was in great condition

Aegon
12-10-2020, 05:24 PM
I was at Cooks Square yesterday watching the youth games and the ground was in great condition

Its a miraculous recovery from the Azzurri game a month ago where the pitch was hard as a rock and the field was a dust bowl.
Kudos to the ground staff.

ForeverRed
12-10-2020, 07:41 PM
Why should a team like southy that are struggling in 2nd division be promoted .no idea, you brought them up, you can answer your own question, no one mentioned any other clubs but you,

Bremsstrahlung
13-10-2020, 06:28 AM

They shouldn’t. And he didn’t say that.

They could be offered an NPL license though, along with other clubs in NEWFM if deemed to meet criteria.
The license (providing it doesn’t end up with an NPL1/2) would enable a club to be promoted if they win NEW FM. Which would give clubs something to work towards. Atm both competitions are stagnant with the exception of some who are constantly aiming for FFA cup success at the next level

ForeverRed
13-10-2020, 07:13 AM
They do have the facilities as proven when in the NPL previously, better or equal to olympic, much better then valentine and have done minor improvements since being relegated, new lights etc, when was the last time lakes or Azzurri’s facilities had improvement, I’d say never, also made two grand finals and several final appearances whilst in the NPL, a win loss ratio lakes, valentine and Adamstown would die for.

Stanley
13-10-2020, 01:46 PM
[QUOTE=ForeverRed;241895]They do have the facilities as proven when in the NPL previously, better or equal to olympic, much better then valentine and have done minor improvements since being relegated, new lights etc, when was the last time lakes or Azzurri’s facilities had improvement, I’d say never, also made two grand finals and several final appearances whilst in the NPL, a win loss ratio lakes, valentine and Adamstown would die for.[/QUOTE

Ive been to Ulinga twice this year, facilities are great and credit to the club on what they have achieved but credit for the lights has to go to Council, that's what a club official told me.

Hunter403
13-10-2020, 02:14 PM
[QUOTE=ForeverRed;241895]They do have the facilities as proven when in the NPL previously, better or equal to olympic, much better then valentine and have done minor improvements since being relegated, new lights etc, when was the last time lakes or Azzurri’s facilities had improvement, I’d say never, also made two grand finals and several final appearances whilst in the NPL, a win loss ratio lakes, valentine and Adamstown would die for.[/QUOTE

Ive been to Ulinga twice this year, facilities are great and credit to the club on what they have achieved but credit for the lights has to go to Council, that's what a club official told me.

As I recall, the lights were planned by Council and the clubs using the ground in consultation. Not sure who paid what.

Ulinga's facilities (change rooms, toilets, canteen etc) as good or better than many NPL clubs and NEWFM clubs. Having coached in both competitions I have first hand knowledge. If I had to guess then I'd say South Cardiff's issues for NPL promotion are the adjoining grounds (good enough for Valo but not good enough for Kahibah and Southy) and finances.

Thomas477
13-10-2020, 06:25 PM
Other problem is, if you start taking clubs from newfm and not replacing them, the newfm comp will cease to exist, which means less $$$ for northern as a few clubs there wouldn’t be able to make npl criteria.

Hunter403
13-10-2020, 06:36 PM
Other problem is, if you start taking clubs from newfm and not replacing them, the newfm comp will cease to exist, which means less $$$ for northern as a few clubs there wouldn’t be able to make npl criteria.

I still beleive that 2 npl tiers with 8 teams each is the way forward. Allow NC, MNC and NI in the youth as well. Promotion and relegation applies in both youth and senior, but separate from each other. Club championship in youth decide the promotion and relegation there. First / last past the post for seniors.

traffic light
13-10-2020, 08:13 PM
I still beleive that 2 npl tiers with 8 teams each is the way forward. Allow NC, MNC and NI in the youth as well. Promotion and relegation applies in both youth and senior, but separate from each other. Club championship in youth decide the promotion and relegation there. First / last past the post for seniors.

Yes. And all senior NPL1 clubs are eligible for promotion each year.

Thomas477
13-10-2020, 08:59 PM

Fair, but that’s still 6 clubs worth of fees Northern would be missing out. Can’t see them going for that.

Although I could be a bit jaded...

Fairgo
13-10-2020, 09:47 PM
Magic 2 Olympic 3
Maitland 1 Charlestown 3

Bremsstrahlung
13-10-2020, 10:04 PM
Fair, but that’s still 6 clubs worth of fees Northern would be missing out. Can’t see them going for that.

Although I could be a bit jaded...

Leave it as is.
Just allocate NPL licenses to NEWFM teams.
Promotion/relegation if NEWFM winner has a license.
Same fees etc.

Hurricane
13-10-2020, 11:13 PM
Magic 3 Olympic 1
Maitland 4 penalties to 3

mge61
13-10-2020, 11:19 PM
Anyone else a bit intrigued as to the kickoff times for the two semis this Saturday being only 90 minutes apart.