PDA

View Full Version : 2020 National Premier League thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Hurricane
14-10-2020, 12:46 AM
Anyone else a bit intrigued as to the kickoff times for the two semis this Saturday being only 90 minutes apart.

Northern can't get anything right. Why the intrigue

Bremsstrahlung
14-10-2020, 08:55 AM
Maybe so people can watch consecutive games on BarTV?

There’s no real need to play at the same time, cause the other result doesn’t make a difference.

Surprised they didn’t have a bigger gap to allow people to go to both, but perhaps covid stipulations or somebody thought it was a bad idea people going to both. Devils advocate, don’t know.

Blueboy
14-10-2020, 09:33 AM
Magic 3- 0
Maitland 2-1

Devon Sangas
14-10-2020, 12:43 PM
Magic 3- 0
Maitland 2-1

Magic 3 - 1 Olympic
Azzurri 2 - 0 Maitland

magician
14-10-2020, 01:52 PM
Magic 3 - 1 Olympic
Azzurri 2 - 0 Maitland

Magic 4-1
Maitland 2-1

Alton
14-10-2020, 03:17 PM
Magic 4 - Olympic 0
Azzurri 3 - Maitland 2

Captain_Carl
15-10-2020, 01:40 AM
Valentine is a wonderful club. Nice colours. I love orange. Nice grounds surrounded by big shady trees. A really large number of players. A wonderful president and a high profile TD. They cop so much criticism. Why? They are doing the best they can while they wait for LMCC to deliver their long-promised facility upgrade. As some people have pointed out in previous posts it would be sheer insanity for the club to invest money into their facility now which is scheduled to be bulldozed within the next 12 months or so. Yes they came 8th this season. They did not come 9th or 10th though. Those clubs don’t cop anywhere near the flack Valo does. When the new facility comes the club becomes more attractive and things change. Why all the hate? Do you fear the sleeping giant will soon awaken? God bless you all.

Stanley
15-10-2020, 02:52 AM
Valentine is a wonderful club. Nice colours. I love orange. Nice grounds surrounded by big shady trees. A really large number of players. A wonderful president and a high profile TD. They cop so much criticism. Why? They are doing the best they can while they wait for LMCC to deliver their long-promised facility upgrade. As some people have pointed out in previous posts it would be sheer insanity for the club to invest money into their facility now which is scheduled to be bulldozed within the next 12 months or so. Yes they came 8th this season. They did not come 9th or 10th though. Those clubs don’t cop anywhere near the flack Valo does. When the new facility comes the club becomes more attractive and things change. Why all the hate? Do you fear the sleeping giant will soon awaken? God bless you all.

Do you see what you are writing “wait for LMCC to deliver their LONG-PROMISED facility upgrade” promote a worthy NL1 team until the facility upgrade happens. I’ve been hearing about this facility upgrade for years, my guess is it’ll be many more years before we see the “LONG-PROMISED facility upgrade” even if it does happen in 12 months what’s wrong with spending a year in NL1 where they and a least one other club belongs.

Captain_Carl
15-10-2020, 07:42 AM
Do you see what you are writing “wait for LMCC to deliver their LONG-PROMISED facility upgrade” promote a worthy NL1 team until the facility upgrade happens. I’ve been hearing about this facility upgrade for years, my guess is it’ll be many more years before we see the “LONG-PROMISED facility upgrade” even if it does happen in 12 months what’s wrong with spending a year in NL1 where they and a least one other club belongs.

Ladies and gentlemen ... it’s the muppet show! The last time they spent a year in NL1 they won the competition hence why they are in NPL where they belong!

Blueboy
15-10-2020, 08:42 AM
Ladies and gentlemen ... it’s the muppet show! The last time they spent a year in NL1 they won the competition hence why they are in NPL where they belong!

There’s no bigger muppet than you champ.

Aegon
15-10-2020, 09:05 AM
Magic 2 - 1 Olympic
Azzurri 1 - 0 Maitland

Bremsstrahlung
15-10-2020, 09:28 AM

Hey Carl,

I agree with most of what you're saying in regards to the club, and honestly i don't think most people's comments are against Valentine as a club or the people involved. It is a nice location, good junior base and hopefully the club can grow with their new facility when it is built. Valentine were the Macquarie district powerhouse. I'm not sure if they still are, but they had the most players by far when I was around. Before all these elite youth programs, they always had very strong A-Grade teams that would rival the Magic and Olympics. Re-harnessing that should be vital imo.

As you say, they earned their right to play NPL when they were promoted, and I don't think they should be removed, unless they are relegated through performance, when/if the time comes.

I think they are often referred to in relation to "criteria" as their facilities, at this point in time, are similar/worse than some clubs in NEWFM that were denied a license.
The difference, imo, is that Lakes and Adamstown have a decent grounds. So, despite their poor results, they can't often be used in an argument as to why some NEWFM teams deserve a license. Those are performance metrics.

The point of the discussion is the re-introduction of promotion and relegation to keep all clubs on their toes and allow clubs with NPL aspirations, to actually work towards it. Conversely, clubs that don't continue to develop and are stagnant, will be relegated. For this to happen, NEWFM clubs need to be granted licenses for meeting the magical criteria.
The argument for the most part is, "if Valentine can meet criteria and have a license, why don't x,y, and z?"

Understand it comes across as flack sometimes, but I think the frustration is aimed at NNSWF. As you say, most could understand why they aren't investing in facilities at the moment. But the counter side is that those current facilities, are worse/similar to all NEWFM teams who were denied a license. NEWFM teams were told that NNSW doesn't care for "plans to" it cares for "now" and the use of CB Complex as an NPL venue kind of screams hypocrisy from NNSWF.

Unrelated, but I've been to a few NPL4 grounds in Sydney, and they are atrocious in comparison to our NEWFM grounds. If these grounds meet NSW Football's NPL criteria, which I imagine they enforce more diligently, then all our NEWFM clubs could get a license.

Aegon
15-10-2020, 09:47 AM
Hey Carl,

I agree with most of what you're saying in regards to the club, and honestly i don't think most people's comments are against Valentine as a club or the people involved. It is a nice location, good junior base and hopefully the club can grow with their new facility when it is built. Valentine were the Macquarie district powerhouse. I'm not sure if they still are, but they had the most players by far when I was around. Before all these elite youth programs, they always had very strong A-Grade teams that would rival the Magic and Olympics. Re-harnessing that should be vital imo.

As you say, they earned their right to play NPL when they were promoted, and I don't think they should be removed, unless they are relegated through performance, when/if the time comes.

I think they are often referred to in relation to "criteria" as their facilities, at this point in time, are similar/worse than some clubs in NEWFM that were denied a license.
The difference, imo, is that Lakes and Adamstown have a decent grounds. So, despite their poor results, they can't often be used in an argument as to why some NEWFM teams deserve a license. Those are performance metrics.

The point of the discussion is the re-introduction of promotion and relegation to keep all clubs on their toes and allow clubs with NPL aspirations, to actually work towards it. Conversely, clubs that don't continue to develop and are stagnant, will be relegated. For this to happen, NEWFM clubs need to be granted licenses for meeting the magical criteria.
The argument for the most part is, "if Valentine can meet criteria and have a license, why don't x,y, and z?"

Understand it comes across as flack sometimes, but I think the frustration is aimed at NNSWF. As you say, most could understand why they aren't investing in facilities at the moment. But the counter side is that those current facilities, are worse/similar to all NEWFM teams who were denied a license. NEWFM teams were told that NNSW doesn't care for "plans to" it cares for "now" and the use of CB Complex as an NPL venue kind of screams hypocrisy from NNSWF.

Unrelated, but I've been to a few NPL4 grounds in Sydney, and they are atrocious in comparison to our NEWFM grounds. If these grounds meet NSW Football's NPL criteria, which I imagine they enforce more diligently, then all our NEWFM clubs could get a license.

Good post mate.

Dontknowmuch
15-10-2020, 11:58 AM
Agree Great Post.

When a Club that wins the 2nd Division easily 3 years in a row and can't displace a Club that is perennially a bottom 2 or 3 club each year in almost all grades there is something ethically wrong. Not to mention their current facilities being inferior to Cooks Hill's current ground.

KITZ
15-10-2020, 12:14 PM
Agree Great Post.

When a Club that wins the 2nd Division easily 3 years in a row and can't displace a Club that is perennially a bottom 2 or 3 club each year in almost all grades there is something ethically wrong. Not to mention their current facilities being inferior to Cooks Hill's current ground.

Been to both, neither is great. cooks hill looks dead as of last Friday, and at valo players come away with cuts and bruises from the rock hard ground. its a stalemate if you ask me, lots of better grounds around, and its a rough deal that valo just has to keep putting up with it, since generally committees are stuck at the whim of their local councils.

Captain_Carl
15-10-2020, 02:11 PM
Hey Carl,

Thank you for your understanding and I agree. The last placed team should be relegated and currently that is not Valentine. I think NNSWF should help clubs lobby local councils for facility upgrades. I think we would all love to see every club have great facilities. I think NNSWF should be more lenient in their criteria provided clubs can show a plan and demonstrate steps they are taking to getting up to specs. If Valentine finish last then they should be relegated. The fact is they are not so deserve to remain in NPL.

Alton
15-10-2020, 03:21 PM
Based on facility/fields, this would be the NPL.

Edgy - Magic - Olympic - Azzurri - Maitland - Lakes - Town - Jaffas - Weston - Belswans - Westy - Toronto

A 12 team comp.

Southy might feel leftout but Jaffas,Olympic,Belswans and Maitland are just that bit better.

samcan
15-10-2020, 03:26 PM

That's an interesting point.

So if all Newfm clubs get licence and for reasons 1st doesnt want to go up can 2nd go up?

I can imagine a playoff for promotion/relegation would be a must see spectacle.

Bremsstrahlung
15-10-2020, 04:16 PM

Edgy - Magic - Olympic - Azzurri - Maitland - Lakes - Town - Jaffas - Weston - Belswans - Westy - Toronto

A 12 team comp.

Southy might feel leftout but Jaffas,Olympic,Belswans and Maitland are just that bit better.

Peoples ground preferences are always going to be contentious.
And it’s interesting hearing people’s “must have” criteria.

An NPL4 semi final I watched the other week, no grandstand, just an undercover platform/walkway that ran 60% of the field on one side, with a single row of portable chairs along it.
No spectators were allowed out of this area.

I think all NEWFM grounds beat that.
Pitch was “good”, on a terrible (2012 edgy after a week of rain) to excellent scale (magic on a sunny GF day).

ForeverRed
15-10-2020, 05:27 PM

A 12 team comp.

Considering south Cardiff are equal if not better then olympic & Jaffa’s then I can’t see why promotion isn’t available

Barry Dawson
15-10-2020, 06:18 PM
Considering south Cardiff are equal if not better then olympic & Jaffa’s then I can’t see why promotion isn’t available

Because there’s more to football than having a complying facility. If only it were so simple.

I’d rather pay $10 (or a bit more) to watch a cracking game of quality football, than pay the same and sit in a shiny stand watching numpties get their ass handed to them 9-0.

ForeverRed
15-10-2020, 06:38 PM
Because there’s more to football than having a complying facility. If only it were so simple.

I’d rather pay $10 (or a bit more) to watch a cracking game of quality football, than pay the same and sit in a shiny stand watching numpties get their ass handed to them 9-0.
I agree, Football was better a few years back,

mge61
15-10-2020, 08:38 PM

A 12 team comp.

Just putting it out there - Edgie a great team but imo their overall facilities are pretty outdated especially the change rooms but I’m told they are all getting replaced after this season.

ForeverRed
15-10-2020, 09:13 PM
Just putting it out there - Edgie a great team but imo their overall facilities are pretty outdated especially the change rooms but I’m told they are all getting replaced after this season.
I wouldn’t let my dog use their public toilets

JustHearThings
16-10-2020, 02:12 PM
Valo losing Jacob Bailey, Danny Ireland, Ben Hay, Alex Read for next year. Big money being saved for next year.

Johnno
16-10-2020, 11:48 PM
Valo losing Jacob Bailey, Danny Ireland, Ben Hay, Alex Read for next year. Big money being saved for next year.

Surprise surprise Sills signs them all to big money then after one year they piss off and leave same happened a few years ago. Merry go round to nowhere.

Captain_Carl
16-10-2020, 11:53 PM

Who is replacing them I wonder?

ForeverRed
17-10-2020, 09:08 AM
Probably all go to west wallsend where sills is coaching, maybe

JustHearThings
17-10-2020, 09:28 AM
Probably all go to west wallsend where sills is coaching, maybe

Bailey to Olympic, Hay to jaffas, Ireland back to Sydney and read back to Maitland

Hurricane
17-10-2020, 10:32 PM
At Azzurri
1st grade Maitland beat Azzurri 5-4 pens
Reserve Maitland beat Buds 5-4 pens

17-10-2020, 11:05 PM
At Azzurri
1st grade Maitland beat Azzurri 5-4 pens
Reserve Maitland beat Buds 5-4 pens

Both keepers were out standing .enjoyable game to watch

magician
17-10-2020, 11:39 PM

Probably one of the better games I’ve seen this year.

Stanley
17-10-2020, 11:40 PM

I heard Magic were convincing winners over Olympic 3-1 can anyone at the game comment.

Lofty
18-10-2020, 12:39 AM
I heard Magic were convincing winners over Olympic 3-1 can anyone at the game comment.

Olympic didn’t really create anything until the last 10 minutes after it was 3-0. Impressive performance from Magic.

mge61
18-10-2020, 08:43 AM
If Magic play next week like they did last night they will push Edgeworth all the way. If Olympic play next week like they did last night they won’t push Maitland all the way. Question is will they both perform the same next week? Good time to play the game this time of year with a good quality fast paced match and as always a great atmosphere at Magic Park.

Hurricane
18-10-2020, 11:12 AM
If Magic play next week like they did last night they will push Edgeworth all the way. If Olympic play next week like they did last night they won’t push Maitland all the way. Question is will they both perform the same next week? Good time to play the game this time of year with a good quality fast paced match and as always a great atmosphere at Magic Park.
Atmosphere was great at Azzurri as well. Haven't seen a crowd like that there for years. Can't see Maitland troubling Olympic next week, they are one busted up team.
Incredible how they won last night, their gk was outstanding

mge61
18-10-2020, 11:19 AM
Atmosphere was great at Azzurri as well. Haven't seen a crowd like that there for years. Can't see Maitland troubling Olympic next week, they are one busted up team.
Yes good backs to the wall effort by Maitland and I imagine will show a bit more at home next week just a little bit one dimensional up front when Fajkovic has an average night.

mge61
18-10-2020, 11:19 AM
Yes good backs to the wall effort by Maitland and I imagine will show a bit more at home next week just a little bit one dimensional up front when Fajkovic has an average night.
Of course that’s Olympic at home next week.

The Hacker
18-10-2020, 11:35 AM

Great night at Azzurri and hats off to Law. Not sure many thought Azzurri would be that decent this year. Interesting to see what happens with a few older players like Tull, Goodchild etc wether they go around again or the coach looks to bring in some younger kids

mge61
18-10-2020, 11:51 AM
Great night at Azzurri and hats off to Law. Not sure many thought Azzurri would be that decent this year. Interesting to see what happens with a few older players like Tull, Goodchild etc wether they go around again or the coach looks to bring in some younger kids

Great season for Azzurri, though I’m sure they’ll feel disappointed after yesterday, and also Olympic. Massive flops Lambton not copping anywhere near the amount of flak that Valo has been.

Hurricane
18-10-2020, 02:18 PM
Great season for Azzurri, though I’m sure they’ll feel disappointed after yesterday, and also Olympic. Massive flops Lambton not copping anywhere near the amount of flak that Valo has been.

Pascoe shouldn't retain the job , on the squad at his disposal , to not make the top 5 is a woefully poor season

immersion
19-10-2020, 09:14 AM
Pascoe shouldn't retain the job , on the squad at his disposal , to not make the top 5 is a woefully poor season

This is an understatement.

He is the master of laying the blame somewhere else. His comments in the paper are always directed at injuries, bad luck, standing by his players etc. The appointment of Bobby Naumov (spelling?) is one that will probably help the jaffas.

To be honest, Pascoe would probably make a good politician.

W8 WATCHER
19-10-2020, 12:17 PM
yes good backs to the wall effort by maitland and i imagine will show a bit more at home next week just a little bit one dimensional up front when fajkovic has an average night.

faj- 1 dimensional-average
summed up well

Hurricane
20-10-2020, 11:39 AM
Elimination semi
Olympic 3 Maitland 1
Can't see Maitland being able to beat Olympic this weekend, with all of their injuries and backing up after 120 minutes against Azzurri

Qualifying semi
Edgeworth 2 Magic 0
Edgeworth best side by a fair way this year. So well drilled defensively that I can't see them conceding

JustHearThings
20-10-2020, 05:46 PM
Elimination semi
Olympic 3 Maitland 1
Can't see Maitland being able to beat Olympic this weekend, with all of their injuries and backing up after 120 minutes against Azzurri

Qualifying semi
Edgeworth 2 Magic 0
Edgeworth best side by a fair way this year. So well drilled defensively that I can't see them conceding

Olympic going to have to play a whole lot better then they did on Saturday for that to come true.

Definitely agree with Edgeworth though.

Goatscheese
21-10-2020, 12:03 AM

Northern clearly don't see it that way. Though the Edgeworth fans would've enjoyed watching it a couple weeks ago

JustHearThings
21-10-2020, 12:30 PM
Have heard from someone who heard from someone else that Nate Cavaliere has signed for magic. Going to be real popular around Olympic.

cobra23
21-10-2020, 01:56 PM
Have heard from someone who heard from someone else that Nate Cavaliere has signed for magic. Going to be real popular around Olympic.

heard the same thing.

Hurricane
21-10-2020, 03:27 PM

Especially when he had already recommitted to Olympic.
Also heard that Kale Bradbury and Will Bower had signed with Magic before reneging and staying with their current clubs

SurelyThatsRubbish
21-10-2020, 03:35 PM
"heard from someone who heard from someone else" .... seems legit

magician
21-10-2020, 04:18 PM
"heard from someone who heard from someone else" .... seems legit

That someone else could be the keeper in question 🤷*♂️

JustHearThings
21-10-2020, 07:10 PM
Is there any truth to the rumours that Adamstown may drop a division due to their financial situation?
Have heard everyone over the age of 21 is leaving the club aswell.

Goatscheese
21-10-2020, 07:24 PM
Is there any truth to the rumours that Adamstown may drop a division due to their financial situation?

Oh is it the NPL club that has run out of money, I heard the rumour that it was the WPL club that was in financial trouble.

Alton
22-10-2020, 02:53 PM
The comp can't sustain so many clubs within touching distance of each other, maybe if it was just the old fashioned 3 grades but not anymore, something has to give and the Town could be that something.

finzee
22-10-2020, 08:01 PM

I heard it was Adamstown NPL in financial difficulty. Im sure they would be onto a fix before things get too dire

Negative Police
23-10-2020, 11:35 PM
Shane Cansdell-Sheriff will be replacing Sash Tirovski as the NPL3 Men’s First Grade Coach at Bankstown City Lions.

Hunter403
24-10-2020, 09:51 AM
Shane Cansdell-Sheriff will be replacing Sash Tirovski as the NPL3 Men’s First Grade Coach at Bankstown City Lions.

And???

Aegon
24-10-2020, 08:48 PM
Edgy v Magic today was a very entertaining game credit to everyone involved.
Controversy will surely be talked about in the aftermath with an overlooked hit to the face on majarovski in the lead up to Edgy’s equaliser in extra time.

chocolate soldier
24-10-2020, 09:09 PM
Great spectacle to watch, well done on a great season by both teams

outsider
25-10-2020, 12:08 AM
Controversy will surely be talked about in the aftermath with an overlooked hit to the face on majarovski in the lead up to Edgy’s equaliser in extra time.

Would you like to let your head go and enlighten us on the score

mge61
25-10-2020, 12:40 AM
Would you like to let your head go and enlighten us on the score

1-1 halftime
2-2 fulltime
3-3 after extra time
4-3 pens to Edgie
Magic lead 3 times and Edgie equalised. Magic coach red carded in extra time. Great spectacle given the conditions.

Stanley
25-10-2020, 05:02 AM

Couldn’t agree more, very entertaining and controversial game, fantastic game by both teams. If var was around, Magic would have won the game, Josh Evans who has easily been the best player in the comp for years should have been red carded for punching Majuarovski, how the referee, linesman and fourth official missed it is beyond me. BarTV commentators saw it as did many in the stands, another instance where a referee is too gutless to make the tough call, and what’s even more disappointing is the linesman and 4th official didn’t have the balls to voice an opinion.

riverboy
25-10-2020, 10:00 AM
Couldn’t agree more, very entertaining and controversial game, fantastic game by both teams. If var was around, Magic would have won the game, Josh Evans who has easily been the best player in the comp for years should have been red carded for punching Majuarovski, how the referee, linesman and fourth official missed it is beyond me. BarTV commentators saw it as did many in the stands, another instance where a referee is too gutless to make the tough call, and what’s even more disappointing is the linesman and 4th official didn’t have the balls to voice an opinion.

Roughly when was this in the game?, That way I will look it up on bar Tv.

Hurricane
25-10-2020, 10:05 AM
Is today's semi at Hamilton going ahead

Aegon
25-10-2020, 10:11 AM
Roughly when was this in the game?, That way I will look it up on bar Tv.

Just looked it up:
https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=1738851796272158&ref=notif&notif_id=1603518921139434&notif_t=live_video_explicit
2:21 and about 50 seconds.
Incident happens on the left sideline when Evans has the ball.

immersion
25-10-2020, 10:41 AM
Just looked it up:
https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=1738851796272158&ref=notif&notif_id=1603518921139434&notif_t=live_video_explicit
2:21 and about 50 seconds.
Incident happens on the left sideline when Evans has the ball.

Ben the commentator thought it was a little suspect. It reminds me of Dangerfields forearm slash elbow in the AFL final yesterday, not the same situation or outcome. You just can't make contact with the head like that in both incidents. Dangerfields is far worse.

Josh Evans has deliberately put his hand back there to help protect the ball, I don't think the intention is to make contact with the head. IMO you can't use your hand to protect yourself and make contact with the head. It's a free-kick and a yellow card for me.

KITZ
25-10-2020, 05:06 PM
Is today's semi at Hamilton going ahead

Olympic are wishing it hadn't.

ForeverRed
25-10-2020, 05:19 PM
4 nil Maitland ft

Zico
25-10-2020, 05:51 PM
Olympic looked very poor. Maitland dominated and will be a great game against Magic.

Blueboy
25-10-2020, 06:01 PM
Olympic looked very poor. Maitland dominated and will be a great game against Magic.

Awful last week and the same this week. The score line could have been a lot more embarrassing.

Stanley
25-10-2020, 06:42 PM
Ben the commentator thought it was a little suspect. It reminds me of Dangerfields forearm slash elbow in the AFL final yesterday, not the same situation or outcome. You just can't make contact with the head like that in both incidents. Dangerfields is far worse.

Josh Evans has deliberately put his hand back there to help protect the ball, I don't think the intention is to make contact with the head. IMO you can't use your hand to protect yourself and make contact with the head. It's a free-kick and a yellow card for me.

Correct, which would have given Magic ball possession, instead Edgeworth have possession and 3 passes on Edgeworth equalise

Negative Police
25-10-2020, 07:03 PM
Correct, which would have given Magic ball possession, instead Edgeworth have possession and 3 passes on Edgeworth equalise

Ref missed infringements on both sides. Cant change a scenario on one incident for the year. Earlier in the game a magic player slapped someone after a foul. No outrage play on.

mge61
25-10-2020, 08:03 PM
Awful last week and the same this week. The score line could have been a lot more embarrassing.

Fajkovic mostly a passenger today. I thought they were playing better at the back end of the season when Marenghi was starting - just my opinion.

mge61
25-10-2020, 08:25 PM

If Maitland can produce that again for the 3rd straight week it will be a great qualifying final vs Magic.

Negative Police
25-10-2020, 08:29 PM
So why did Lambton let Crowly go? maybe they could sell a useless coach and a retiree player for a good central defender and a striker

immersion
25-10-2020, 09:02 PM
So why did Lambton let Crowly go? maybe they could sell a useless coach and a retiree player for a good central defender and a striker

They didn't let Crowley go from what I have heard. The news I heard is that he was hurt by the signing Oborrow and didn't think he would be the top dog any more. His ego got the best of him. He would have scored a lot more goals playing with Oxborrow. Some people's ego doesn't allow them to see the forest for the trees.

Another reason I heard he was looking for a more professional club. Which is silly IMO. Most clubs are pretty much similar in terms of their professionalism. If anything Edgeworth appear to be the most professional.

I am not saying that these are the true reason why Crowley left. But I have heard these from various people.

Hurricane
25-10-2020, 09:09 PM
They didn't let Crowley go from what I have heard. The news I heard is that he was hurt by the signing Oborrow and didn't think he would be the top dog any more. His ego got the best of him. He would have scored a lot more goals playing with Oxborrow. Some people's ego doesn't allow them to see the forest for the trees.

Another reason I heard he was looking for a more professional club. Which is silly IMO. Most clubs are pretty much similar in terms of their professionalism. If anything Edgeworth appear to be the most professional.

I am not saying that these are the true reason why Crowley left. But I have heard these from various people.

If you are not saying these are the true reasons Crowley left then why post them.
As for not being able to see the forest from the trees , seriously.
Jaffas didn't even make the semis, Crowley is one win away from the gf and has scored 16 goals in 15 starts for Maitland.
Pretty good stats and he looked pretty happy on bartv

Negative Police
25-10-2020, 09:12 PM

cheers. Pretty difficult to change that but i think he and Ox could have worked well.

So recruitment might need to aim for more team orientated players. Ox is very cutting in remarks towards fellow players. Of course he just wants the best out of them.

I believe Zane will get Magic going extra well next season.

Negative Police
25-10-2020, 09:14 PM
If you are not saying these are the true reasons Crowley left then why post them.
Jaffas didn't even make the semis, Crowley is one win away from the gf and has scored 16 goals in 15 starts for Maitland.

But I asked for why he left and he gave some credible reasons. I already know whats happened this year and Jafs really miss him.

Stanley
26-10-2020, 04:39 AM
Ref missed infringements on both sides. Cant change a scenario on one incident for the year. Earlier in the game a magic player slapped someone after a foul. No outrage play on.

Goes without saying, refs miss infringements in every game, Im not being critical of the ref because he probably did miss it I think the linesman and 4th official would have seen it and not had the balls to make the call.

immersion
26-10-2020, 08:12 AM

I get what you're saying. Though everyone knows often the reason why players leave is far different from the reason they say they left. Players with all sporting codes do this at all levels.

I am just saying these are the reasons I have heard a couple of times from different people.

I wouldn't have written my comment if I didn't hadn't heard these reasons a couple of times.

Aegon
26-10-2020, 10:41 AM

From what I heard yesterday:

Someone at the club accidentally forwarded an email to the entire NPL senior group that had all player payments in one of the previous emails.

Lots of players very unhappy with payment disparity at the club. So will be looking elsewhere in 2021.

samcan
26-10-2020, 12:29 PM
From what I heard yesterday:

Someone at the club accidentally forwarded an email to the entire NPL senior group that had all player payments in one of the previous emails.

Lots of players very unhappy with payment disparity at the club. So will be looking elsewhere in 2021.

The club can say they are definitely transparent in their dealings. Wouldnt most players know that they are under or over the average?

Alton
26-10-2020, 05:19 PM
Goes without saying, refs miss infringements in every game, Im not being critical of the ref because he probably did miss it I think the linesman and 4th official would have seen it and not had the balls to make the call.

The elbow to the head was the first part of the highlights package for the Edgy third goal, that is how important it was. You are being too fair Stan, check out the ref on the replay, he only had eyes for the incident then quickly looked away.

Jim
26-10-2020, 08:44 PM
Maito v Magic should be spicy

Hurricane
26-10-2020, 10:56 PM
Maito v Magic should be spicy

Don't know how Magic's pitch will be after all the rain and hosting the Newfm grand finals on Saturday

Hurricane
27-10-2020, 04:07 PM

Valo splashing around some of the big $$$ they have saved .
New signings to be announced
Matt Thompson from Jaffas
Ryan Clarke from Maitland
Joel Woods from Maitland
John Maj from Magic

The Hacker
27-10-2020, 04:39 PM
Joel Woods from Maitland
John Maj from Magic

Well the might score 4 goals a game but the will concede 6 after losing there keeper and better defenders

Hurricane
27-10-2020, 05:04 PM
Would be a great over 35's side

Negative Police
27-10-2020, 07:07 PM
Bailey to Olympic, Hay to jaffas, Ireland back to Sydney and read back to Maitland

Davies (Maitland), Rutledge and Townsend (Adamstown) to Olympic

mge61
27-10-2020, 08:42 PM
Keanu Moore having 2nd thoughts about leaving Edgie.

JustHearThings
27-10-2020, 11:53 PM
Joel Woods from Maitland
John Maj from Magic

Wow so surely end up spending more then they have been in recent years. wouldn't think those players will be playing for free or anything close to that.

W8 WATCHER
28-10-2020, 08:32 AM
Keanu Moore having 2nd thoughts about leaving Edgie.

From contenders to pretenders
why would he move?

Hurricane
28-10-2020, 11:07 AM
Joel Woods from Maitland
John Maj from Magic

Heard this morning that Matt Thompson has already re signed for Lambton

JustHearThings
28-10-2020, 11:11 AM
Kristian Brymora has earnt a trial at Roar, wonder if he will finally get what he has been after for years.

Bremsstrahlung
28-10-2020, 11:19 AM
Kristian Brymora has earnt a trial at Roar, wonder if he will finally get what he has been after for years.

Hasn’t he already played overseas for a year or two?
I imagine an A league contract is merely a consolation.

JustHearThings
28-10-2020, 11:29 AM
Hasn’t he already played overseas for a year or two?
I imagine an A league contract is merely a consolation.

Yeah been around the world and back to end up where he started.
I just mean been after a professional contract for years.

ForeverRed
28-10-2020, 12:45 PM
He hardly blitzes the local comp

magician
28-10-2020, 12:58 PM
He hardly blitzes the local comp

Crowley twice the player

Hurricane
28-10-2020, 01:01 PM
Crowley twice the player

Definitely.. how many goals has he scored this year now

JustHearThings
28-10-2020, 01:15 PM
Definitely.. how many goals has he scored this year now

Crowley should have won golden boot by alot more then 1 but Brymora's total got boosted by 4 or 5 when they vsed atown.

mge61
28-10-2020, 01:42 PM
Crowley should have won golden boot by alot more then 1 but Brymora's total got boosted by 4 or 5 when they vsed atown.
Weren’t they joint golden boot winners?
Didn’t Crowley score 5 or 6 against A”town

JustHearThings
28-10-2020, 01:47 PM

Unless 1 of the goals was mistakenly put down as Brymora's and not a own goal then they may have tied.

Hurricane
28-10-2020, 02:25 PM

Joint golden boot

JustHearThings
28-10-2020, 02:27 PM
Nick Webb to be Bolchy's assistant next season.

BS detecor
28-10-2020, 05:53 PM

A nicer guy you will never meet, I wish him all the best. He works harder than most and deserves everything that comes his way.

Hurricane
28-10-2020, 06:56 PM
Nick Webb to be Bolchy's assistant next season.

Webb is a quality coach and will only improve what they are doing at Maitland.
Add to that Chris Gallagher as their new youth TD.
The club has made huge progress in the last few years, not only seniors but in the youth.
They were a perennial bottom 2 club in nearly all youth grades 3 years ago and now have three teams in the top 5.

mge61
28-10-2020, 07:24 PM
So many comments on here with a negative slant. Maybe a bit naive but I would have it’s a good thing that any player from our NPL would be lauded and encouraged for getting an opportunity to improve themselves.

JustHearThings
28-10-2020, 07:28 PM
Webb is a quality coach and will only improve what they are doing at Maitland.
Add to that Chris Gallagher as their new youth TD.
The club has made huge progress in the last few years, not only seniors but in the youth.
They were a perennial bottom 2 club in nearly all youth grades 3 years ago and now have three teams in the top 5.

Yeah and adding to that, that they have gone and got a WPL team aswell

mge61
28-10-2020, 07:36 PM

Wonder if that’ll take him out of the GF next week and how does it work with Qld’s current COVID restrictions.

Beaver
28-10-2020, 07:44 PM
Joel Woods from Maitland
John Maj from Magic

Joel Woods is a good signing and Marjovski knows how to score goals but please Matt Thompson & Ryan Clarke !!! Over rated and over paid -Ryan Clarke has speed absolutely NO technical ability at all -good luck Valo !!

Hurricane
28-10-2020, 08:03 PM
Joel Woods is a good signing and Marjovski knows how to score goals but please Matt Thompson & Ryan Clarke !!! Over rated and over paid -Ryan Clarke has speed absolutely NO technical ability at all -good luck Valo !!

Clarke killing it for Maitland.
Thompson wasn't great for Jaffas this year.
Maj too slow.
Woods is only a 9 so how do you fit him and Maj in the same side

Negative Police
28-10-2020, 09:36 PM
Thomo's cooked. Time to move on

Reds Forever
28-10-2020, 10:29 PM
Maitland losing a few players with Trott, Davies, Clarke and Woods.

Any word if any new signings apart from Watson as keeper?

Hurricane
28-10-2020, 11:22 PM

Plus Andrew Swan and Cumerford to knee injuries

JustHearThings
29-10-2020, 12:06 PM

Read is returning

cobra23
29-10-2020, 02:03 PM
Read is returning

And!!!

cobra23
29-10-2020, 02:07 PM
Clarke killing it for Maitland.
Thompson wasn't great for Jaffas this year.
Maj too slow.
Woods is only a 9 so how do you fit him and Maj in the same side

Wood$ can play wide a$ well , or $econd $triker .
depend$ on the formation they want to play

$orry for the $ replacing my S but when i hear thing$ about JAFFA$ and Valo that$ all that come$ to my mind

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

And Maitland to an extent

Blueboy
29-10-2020, 02:56 PM
And!!!
Someone asked who have they signed and he replied.
What else do you want him to do 🤦*♂️🤦*♂️

magician
29-10-2020, 03:16 PM

$orry for the $ replacing my S but when i hear thing$ about JAFFA$ and Valo that$ all that come$ to my mind

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yeah and magic and edgy players are just playing for the love of the game 🤦🏼*♂️

samcan
29-10-2020, 03:31 PM
Yeah and magic and edgy players are just playing for the love of the game ����*♂️

Exactly. All are in it if they can and good luck to all.

Giroudawakening
30-10-2020, 02:21 PM
Barber back at Weston, very good signing, Buswell was a very good player for Weston this year, was miles above most in that side this year. Surprised Magic or Jaffas havent come knocking for him?

Would be good to see what Leo can get out of them

mge61
30-10-2020, 08:08 PM
Edgeworth playing Mariners tomorrow

Hurricane
30-10-2020, 09:00 PM
Edgeworth playing Mariners tomorrow
Time and place

mge61
30-10-2020, 10:46 PM
Time and place

I think it’s a closed show down at their centre of excellence

immersion
31-10-2020, 10:16 AM
Barber back at Weston, very good signing, Buswell was a very good player for Weston this year, was miles above most in that side this year. Surprised Magic or Jaffas havent come knocking for him?

Would be good to see what Leo can get out of them

Buswell's agent priming the pump here. Giroudawakening are you same person who almost every week ask on Facebook NNSW NPL team of the week why Buswell didn't make the team of the week?

Ruud Van Nistelrooys Chin
31-10-2020, 11:07 AM

I could say the same thing about the Newcastle Rugby League - but where do these players work at as a day job? McDonalds?They are getting paid $100’s per game as semi professionals. It’s hardly the Premier League on a wage level. I find it hard to fathom that they would move from club to club each year in a desperate bid for an extra $50.00 per win. Sometimes having to drive an hour each way for training several times per week. Even the Sydney comp is just money that is supplementary to primary employment. Jeez, the A League is only paying small match payments to some players. Local NPL types might need to contact Jorge Mendes to head up their next deal...

mge61
31-10-2020, 01:16 PM
I think it’s a closed show down at their centre of excellence

Mariners 4-2 in the end were up 4-0 at halftime

Hurricane
31-10-2020, 03:02 PM
Have heard Will Bower , Keanu Moore and Jose Attadaye had all signed with Magic , but have had a change of heart and reneged on their deals after ma$$ive offers to stay at Edgeworth

JustHearThings
01-11-2020, 07:41 AM
Score today?
I'm thinking magic 3-1

mge61
01-11-2020, 08:59 AM
Score today?
I'm thinking magic 3-1

I think if Magic can contain Crowley they’ll be safe not too many other threats from Maitland. Magic in extra time 2-1

Hurricane
01-11-2020, 09:28 AM
I think if Magic can contain Crowley they’ll be safe not too many other threats from Maitland. Magic in extra time 2-1

Ryan Clarke Joel Woods Jimmy Thompson

Blueboy
01-11-2020, 09:54 AM

Lol, have you watched them play?
Clarke is one of the main reasons Maitland are in this position.

Bremsstrahlung
01-11-2020, 11:13 AM
Have heard Will Bower , Keanu Moore and Jose Attadaye had all signed with Magic , but have had a change of heart and reneged on their deals after ma$$ive offers to stay at Edgeworth

Players all seem to have a lot of respect for Zane over his time at Edgy and seems a few jumping at the chance to link up again.

Goatscheese
01-11-2020, 01:34 PM

When the guy that hires you on a casual contract is the same guy that owns Edgeworth you don't just leave.

sapdad
01-11-2020, 02:12 PM
Does anyone know if you can walk up and get in or are there pre sale tickets?

KITZ
01-11-2020, 05:36 PM
Does anyone know if you can walk up and get in or are there pre sale tickets?

Just tried to do a quick search, can’t find much information on the GF next week, trying to see if we can get to it after our games, all I could see is what weekend it’s on. I think they are going to make an announcement after the game today.

sapdad
01-11-2020, 05:38 PM
Just tried to do a quick search, can’t find much information on the GF next week, trying to see if we can get to it after our games, all I could see is what weekend it’s on. I think they are going to make an announcement after the game today.
thanks for the info mate.they said on Bartv that its being played at #2 and ticketing information will be announced tomorrow (im assuming on the NNSW site?).

KITZ
01-11-2020, 05:58 PM
thanks for the info mate.they said on Bartv that its being played at #2 and ticketing information will be announced tomorrow (im assuming on the NNSW site?).

Yeah I’d say so, both clubs will post in their facebook pages as well. Every other year you’d probably just turn up, can’t do that anymore!

Aegon
01-11-2020, 06:22 PM
Rough game for Magic today. Missed chances cost them late after a couple of defensive errors.

Hurricane
01-11-2020, 06:50 PM
Rough game for Magic today. Missed chances cost them late after a couple of defensive errors.

Got beat 2.0 and Maitland missed a penalty. Jog on

ForeverRed
01-11-2020, 06:57 PM
Magic missed three clear cut chances in first half, Maitland had similar in second half and converted, it’s all about taking your chances, have to agree some unusual mistakes by magic at the back that you normally wouldn’t see

early_to_the_match
01-11-2020, 07:07 PM
W8 Watcher a genius. Well picked tubby.

Aegon
01-11-2020, 09:17 PM
Got beat 2.0 and Maitland missed a penalty. Jog on

Did you watch the game?

Rooke, J Virgili & Ensor missed some great chances.
Maitland penalty was due to a mistimed slide tackle which Runge saved well off a fairly poor Woods Pen.
1st Maitland goal came from L Virgili not getting rid of the ball with enough urgency & the 2nd from a really poor pass across the face of goal from defence.

Magic created more chances and didn’t convert. Maitland took advantage of the chances they had and win the game.

sapdad
01-11-2020, 09:48 PM
my opinion.
Thought Magic had more of the ball in the 1st half, but both teams had good chances.Thought it was more of a good save rather than that bad a pen.Maitland had 2 or 3 cleared off the line form memory.Virgili should have taken his chance.The other 3 good Magic chances werent gimmes but some days they all go in.
2nd half thought much more even and Maitland took their chances.Thought they finished the game stronger last 20 mins. Either team had enough chances to win, one team did.Didnt see the Magic handball claim at the end so cant comment.Obviously Edgeworth will be big favourites next week but as always that doesnt mean much in a one off game.

Aegon
01-11-2020, 10:16 PM
my opinion.
Thought Magic had more of the ball in the 1st half, but both teams had good chances.Thought it was more of a good save rather than that bad a pen.Maitland had 2 or 3 cleared off the line form memory.Virgili should have taken his chance.The other 3 good Magic chances werent gimmes but some days they all go in.
2nd half thought much more even and Maitland took their chances.Thought they finished the game stronger last 20 mins. Either team had enough chances to win, one team did.Didnt see the Magic handball claim at the end so cant comment.Obviously Edgeworth will be big favourites next week but as always that doesnt mean much in a one off game.

I rewatched the Magic pen call several times and couldn’t see anything in it. Probably a bit of desperation in it.

anfield
01-11-2020, 10:32 PM
Did you watch the game?

Rooke, J Virgili & Ensor missed some great chances.
Maitland penalty was due to a mistimed slide tackle which Runge saved well off a fairly poor Woods Pen.
1st Maitland goal came from L Virgili not getting rid of the ball with enough urgency & the 2nd from a really poor pass across the face of goal from defence.

Magic created more chances and didn’t convert. Maitland took advantage of the chances they had and win the game.

James Virgili would still be playing A League if he finished better, it's unfortunate as that's what let him down when he last played A League. Would still be good to see him get another opportunity, as he would be a smarter player now

Aegon
01-11-2020, 11:59 PM
James Virgili would still be playing A League if he finished better, it's unfortunate as that's what let him down when he last played A League. Would still be good to see him get another opportunity, as he would be a smarter player now

Completely agree, he looks very good in every match he plays at this level.

Negative Police
02-11-2020, 12:07 AM

Nope. Sides were pretty even all up. Defensive errors means they arent good enough in that area.
Maitland were calm and solid in defence. More clinical in finishing. Got what they deserved

mge61
02-11-2020, 12:22 PM
What's the go with the ressies GF at 10.30am and 1st grade at 3.00pm. Are they being run as two separate events or is there something else on in between games?

samcan
02-11-2020, 12:40 PM
What's the go with the ressies GF at 10.30am and 1st grade at 3.00pm. Are they being run as two separate events or is there something else on in between games?

Basically.

Newfm had all out after reserves. New crowd in for firsts. Not sure if anyone actually just hung around in between

Reds Forever
02-11-2020, 01:07 PM
Northern running event and applying Covid plan. Limit of 500 in ground. Place will be cleared out between each game and limited tickets released to participating clubs.

magician
02-11-2020, 02:31 PM
Northern running event and applying Covid plan. Limit of 500 in ground. Place will be cleared out between each game and limited tickets released to participating clubs.

Surely No2 has a bigger capacity then 2000 people

Alton
02-11-2020, 03:16 PM

Ah COVID??

Bull fighter
02-11-2020, 03:25 PM
Maitland 2 Edgeworth 1

Ghost of Plague
02-11-2020, 03:29 PM
Ah COVID??

NNSW can't get an all age draw done yet gonna cure the 'rona.
McKinna already touting his cure for dyptheria in response.
Instead of masks hopefully they make everyone wear red noses and floppy shoes for the occasion.

Jardelsimage
03-11-2020, 07:39 AM
NNSW can't get an all age draw done yet gonna cure the 'rona.
McKinna already touting his cure for dyptheria in response.
Instead of masks hopefully they make everyone wear red noses and floppy shoes for the occasion.

heard they don't or are struggling to have a liquor license on the day also.

Ghost of Plague
03-11-2020, 10:09 AM
Perfect.
NNSW remains undefeated.

Blueboy
03-11-2020, 01:34 PM
Maitland 2-1 extra time

Aegon
03-11-2020, 01:54 PM
Edgeworth 3-1 after 90.

samcan
03-11-2020, 03:21 PM
Draw. Penalties. Riot

Hurricane
03-11-2020, 03:42 PM
Draw. Penalties. Riot

Magic didn't make it mate

mge61
03-11-2020, 05:51 PM

Must be 1000 as Maitland allocated 475 tickets to sell so imagine would be same for Edgie. Rest would be made up of the two playing squads and staff I guess.

ForeverRed
03-11-2020, 07:39 PM
You watch, northern will give the beer sales to the Wanderers and the rah rah will reap reward from our game

Hurricane
03-11-2020, 11:55 PM
Have heard Edgeworth are hosting the bartv grand final show in the " Eagles Nest " at their ground on Friday afternoon.

It's great that they have picked a neutral venue and are not favouring any team

Captain_Carl
04-11-2020, 12:03 AM
[QUOTE=Hurricane;242690]Have heard Edgeworth are hosting the bartv grand final show in the " Eagles Nest " at their ground on Friday afternoon.

It's great that they have picked a neutral venue and are not favouring any team[/

God bless the wonderful folk at BarTV.

Reds Forever
04-11-2020, 02:50 PM
Meanwhile, the grand final crowd will be capped at 1000 because of COVID-19 restrictions. Each club has been allocated 475 tickets for the 3pm match. Reserve grade (10.30am) between Broadmeadow and Lambton Jaffas will be considered a separate ticketing event.

samcan
05-11-2020, 03:27 PM
Magic didn't make it mate

correct, my mistake

JustHearThings
06-11-2020, 07:04 PM
Is TOTY picked on player of the year votes? Or one person's opinion?

SurelyThatsRubbish
06-11-2020, 07:17 PM
Few very questionable picks in that team of the year and some people left out has me scratching my head.

JustHearThings
06-11-2020, 07:21 PM
Few very questionable picks in that team of the year and some people left out has me scratching my head.

That's why I was wondering what it's picked on or who picked it.

mge61
06-11-2020, 07:33 PM

What team of the year is this?

mge61
06-11-2020, 07:34 PM
Sorry found it.

Blueboy
06-11-2020, 08:00 PM

I’m led to believe it’s picked by people who have no idea

Bull fighter
06-11-2020, 08:51 PM
Someone’s opinion after collaboration with select individuals,

Hurricane
06-11-2020, 10:16 PM
What a shit side

Johnno
07-11-2020, 12:00 AM
What a shit side

I was told it was picked by nnswf employees that hardly ever attend a game which is obvious by the side they picked.

JustHearThings
07-11-2020, 01:52 PM
Obviously some very deserving players in there, but some real questionable picks.

KITZ
07-11-2020, 03:37 PM
I was told it was picked by nnswf employees that hardly ever attend a game which is obvious by the side they picked.

all the games are recorded by BarTV....

Fairgo
07-11-2020, 07:46 PM

What is your TOTY? My understanding it is chosen from the points the referees award each week.

Hurricane
07-11-2020, 07:49 PM
What is your TOTY? My understanding it is chosen from the points the referees award each week.

That is the player of the year award Fairgo

Fairgo
07-11-2020, 07:59 PM
That is the player of the year award Fairgo

At the end of the regular season all First grade players had to vote for their choice of player of the year which had to be submitted to Northern along with coaches choice of coach of year and coaches choice of keeper of the year.

Hurricane
07-11-2020, 08:19 PM
At the end of the regular season all First grade players had to vote for their choice of player of the year which had to be submitted to Northern along with coaches choice of coach of year and coaches choice of keeper of the year.

Apologies Fairgo, they changed it this year

mge61
07-11-2020, 10:47 PM
Maitland 1-0

JustHearThings
07-11-2020, 11:11 PM
Edgy 2-1

anfield
07-11-2020, 11:37 PM
Where can I find the team of the year listed?

Imyourhero
07-11-2020, 11:50 PM
Should be a decent match tomorrow

Johnno
07-11-2020, 11:55 PM
Where can I find the team of the year listed?

https://scontent.fsyd8-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/p960x960/124026144_3464775283568404_1332598076669915396_o.j pg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=2&_nc_sid=da1649&_nc_ohc=6FCgluIlPJAAX_Ral9m&_nc_oc=AQkTvOGBqYhuhC-yfU7yLATvQ6lYQUThJQCAdgoCQ8WgrQVrcguceZ5qJwfsEnujd EYU-Tz3XJRTHY5cWzwYWfK8&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyd8-1.fna&tp=6&oh=9cff0122682a6d074b23551a21d00d52&oe=5FCD905F

Hurricane
08-11-2020, 12:54 AM
Who is going tomorrow

Fairgo
08-11-2020, 11:32 AM
Maitland 2-1

JustHearThings
08-11-2020, 03:01 PM
Anyone watch the reserve grade game and see the non penalty call in the second half? Referee standing 10 metres away. Video is on jaffas Facebook page for anyone wanting to see.

Aegon
08-11-2020, 03:34 PM
just watched it several times and tried to slow it down to see if there was any doubt.... but nah that hit the bicep area on an outstretched arm. Terrible miss by the ref.

ABCDEF
08-11-2020, 07:12 PM
Anyone watch the reserve grade game and see the non penalty call in the second half? Referee standing 10 metres away. Video is on jaffas Facebook page for anyone wanting to see.

I’ve watch a lot of reserve grade this year and there has been multiple pathetic calls all season. Take nothing away from magic, they won so good on them. But I genuinely think that without the refs blinders this year the entire top 5 could be in a different order or a different grand final today...
The reffing has seriously been diabolical this year. Across the board too, not just for one or two teams

Aegon
08-11-2020, 07:13 PM
Well deserved win from Edgy. Best team all year and deserved the win today.

hamburgler
08-11-2020, 07:27 PM
I’ve watch a lot of reserve grade this year and there has been multiple pathetic calls all season. Take nothing away from magic, they won so good on them. But I genuinely think that without the refs blinders this year the entire top 5 could be in a different order or a different grand final today...
The reffing has seriously been diabolical this year. Across the board too, not just for one or two teams

Some below par refereeing in
18s too. I don’t know what the answer is. But quality is poor!

BS detecor
09-11-2020, 07:20 AM

The answer is go and get your ticket and do a better job I suppose

Blueboy
09-11-2020, 07:46 AM
Holz man of the match is laughable. Must be the same bloke who picked TOTY. No idea.
Josh Evans by a mile

Bremsstrahlung
09-11-2020, 08:10 AM

Not commenting on the refereeing, as I haven’t seen the incident.
The biggest issue with refereeing is numbers. Just like any team or club.

If you have 14 people turn up to trial at a club, you pretty much give them a spot. You can coach them, you can give them experiences, you can teach them tactics, but at the end of the day, their ceilings are pretty set. You may be lucky as have a few good players. You may also get nothing. You get what you are given.

If you have 100 people turn up. You can put them through their paces, judge their skill and experience. Then you pick the best 14.
You have a better chance of picking players with higher ceilings and better skill when 100 turn up than the bare minimum.
Same as reffing, there aren’t the number turning up year after year wanting to referee. So you get those that are willing regardless of their skill, ability and experience.
I’m not sure how you make it more appealing. It’s a pretty crap gig and not many people are suited to it. The people best suited are generally players that understand the game. However most want to go into coaching, not refereeing.
I’m not sure it justifies more money.
I also think the introduction of small sided games means that new first year referees are refereeing older games like 12-18s ID games earlier. These are probably the trickiest to control due to the age of players, physicality of some games, dissent from players not understanding consequences and also spectators. Nobody wants to be getting abuse left right and centre all day at work and referees are no different.
Not many congratulate the referee on their performance. More common now probably than it has been. There’s a push for more respect and I think that will help.
There needs to be a better understanding that they will make mistakes. The same as players make errors, they will too. Any decision, even if it’s correct, goes against one team. Not many cases will the team penalised say “yep, good call”. The game has a heavy focus on deceiving the referee. Diving, yelling for fouls and contact, arguing your innocence etc. that’s the nature of it.

The Magician
09-11-2020, 08:25 AM
Cavaliere to Magic
Atayde to Magic
Pappas to Jaffas
Davies (Maitland) to Jaffas
Brice to Jaffas

JustHearThings
09-11-2020, 08:31 AM
Cavaliere to Magic
Atayde to Magic
Pappas to Jaffas
Brice to Jaffas

Davies has already signed with Olympic

The Magician
09-11-2020, 08:33 AM
Davies has already signed with Olympic

So had Pappas

travellingman
09-11-2020, 10:21 AM
Congratulations to Edgy on doing the double. Watching the game I thought it was headed for extra time as it was an arm wrestle. Was always going to take a mistake or two to decide the winner. Unfortunately Trott won't watch the replay for awhile.

Thumbs down to NNSW, I understand only allowing each club 475 spectators due to Covid BUT why allow 90% of them sit in the Grandstand?

magician
09-11-2020, 10:35 AM
Congratulations to Edgy on doing the double. Watching the game I thought it was headed for extra time as it was an arm wrestle. Was always going to take a mistake or two to decide the winner. Unfortunately Trott won't watch the replay for awhile.

Thumbs down to NNSW, I understand only allowing each club 475 spectators due to Covid BUT why allow 90% of them sit in the Grandstand?

That’s northern for you. Absolute muppets

ForeverRed
09-11-2020, 11:09 AM
Cavaliere to Magic
Atayde to Magic
Pappas to Jaffas
Brice to Jaffas

Couldn’t imagine pappas leaving the family home

sapdad
09-11-2020, 11:50 AM

The strangest part was them setting out chairs equally spaced on the hill yet everyone just grabbed them and sat right next to each other in groups.they either have a policy or they dont.restricing the tickets then letting everyone do what they wanted seemed pretty half assed to me.

JustHearThings
09-11-2020, 12:28 PM
Couldn’t imagine pappas leaving the family home

Have heard he has left though.

W8 WATCHER
09-11-2020, 12:41 PM
[QUOTE=magician;242768]That’s northern for you. Absolute muppets[/QUOTE

couldn't understand a word from the game day announcer, any issues with an Aussie speaking announcer :deadhorse:
besides the quality of the pitch and facility, NNSWF's effort in hosting anything was very poor.
The season ending spectacle to a shit show.

Goatscheese
09-11-2020, 01:40 PM

So much for their safety plan

We will limit fixed seating areas to 1 person per every 4 seats. This means that
our grandstand capacity is 25% of what it traditionally would be. Whilst
members of the same household may sit together, this does not alter the
capacity of our grandstand.

We have hired an additional 600 seats which means all patrons attending will
be able to sit for the duration of the event

https://northernnswfootball.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/COVID-19-Safety-Plan-Template-for-Major-Recreation-Facilities-No2-Sportsground-NPL-Grand-Final.pdf

BS detecor
09-11-2020, 05:01 PM

Didn’t see it but just saw the team photo of the magic team. Pretty impressed with the opportunity they gave their youth players. Not sure if the jaffas did the same but I see a couple of kids 16 and under

Reds Forever
09-11-2020, 05:58 PM
Venue and pitch was great.

Northern were quiet strict with the grandstand limits for reserve grade match. Wonder if they over it by end of the day and gave up on it or crowd just ignored them.

Presentation could have been better. How hard is it for presenters to dress up. Chairwoman was worst offender and wearing shorts.

goaliepersempre
09-11-2020, 06:54 PM
Not commenting on the refereeing, as I haven’t seen the incident.
The biggest issue with refereeing is numbers. Just like any team or club.

If you have 14 people turn up to trial at a club, you pretty much give them a spot. You can coach them, you can give them experiences, you can teach them tactics, but at the end of the day, their ceilings are pretty set. You may be lucky as have a few good players. You may also get nothing. You get what you are given.

If you have 100 people turn up. You can put them through their paces, judge their skill and experience. Then you pick the best 14.
You have a better chance of picking players with higher ceilings and better skill when 100 turn up than the bare minimum.
Same as reffing, there aren’t the number turning up year after year wanting to referee. So you get those that are willing regardless of their skill, ability and experience.
I’m not sure how you make it more appealing. It’s a pretty crap gig and not many people are suited to it. The people best suited are generally players that understand the game. However most want to go into coaching, not refereeing.
I’m not sure it justifies more money.
I also think the introduction of small sided games means that new first year referees are refereeing older games like 12-18s ID games earlier. These are probably the trickiest to control due to the age of players, physicality of some games, dissent from players not understanding consequences and also spectators. Nobody wants to be getting abuse left right and centre all day at work and referees are no different.
Not many congratulate the referee on their performance. More common now probably than it has been. There’s a push for more respect and I think that will help.
There needs to be a better understanding that they will make mistakes. The same as players make errors, they will too. Any decision, even if it’s correct, goes against one team. Not many cases will the team penalised say “yep, good call”. The game has a heavy focus on deceiving the referee. Diving, yelling for fouls and contact, arguing your innocence etc. that’s the nature of it.

we also struggle for referee numbers in the lower leagues, but every club needs to have a certain amount of referees registered to allow them to have teams in comps. Not sure what the minimums are.

But it also helps focus clubs to not only player stock but also referees. The younger team games are often (small sided stuff) are done by the active teams, they get set an amount of games that need to be officiated. (but in addition I.e even the first team has a minimum amount of things they need to do for the club, ref games, help out indoor tournament setup, setup and clean up of the Club bar at the town festival etc)

Walker
09-11-2020, 10:58 PM
Cavaliere to Magic
Atayde to Magic
Pappas to Jaffas
Brice to Jaffas

Brice to Jaffas, would have to be 1000 to 1 .
Eagle thru and thru, loves a three day bender, still out now.
Employment opportunities
Can’t see it

The only possible way Brice would leave Eagles is to follow Zane and Magic could match any offer from Jaffa’s

Would be welcome at any club but really, I just can’t see it

onlooker
09-11-2020, 11:09 PM
Brice to Jaffas, would have to be 1000 to 1 .
Eagle thru and thru, loves a three day bender, still out now.
Employment opportunities
Can’t see it

The only possible way Brice would leave Eagles is to follow Zane and Magic could match any offer from Jaffa’s

Would be welcome at any club but really, I just can’t see it

Yep the only way I see him leaving Edgy is if he isnt playing in Newcastle, but whilst ever he is in this comp Can’t see him playing anywhere else.

Alton
10-11-2020, 02:36 PM
Venue and pitch was great.

Northern were quiet strict with the grandstand limits for reserve grade match. Wonder if they over it by end of the day and gave up on it or crowd just ignored them.

Presentation could have been better. How hard is it for presenters to dress up. Chairwoman was worst offender and wearing shorts.

The attire was a disgrace for such a big occasion.

JustHearThings
12-11-2020, 09:05 PM
Nick Cowburn has signed for lakes, maybe they offered the big $$ and no training required he has been after.

KITZ
13-11-2020, 11:09 AM
Nick Cowburn has signed for lakes, maybe they offered the big $$ and no training required he has been after.

Did you hear that from him? that's what he was looking for?

JustHearThings
13-11-2020, 12:14 PM
Did you hear that from him? that's what he was looking for?

That's what he was after when he was at Maitland and more in the period he was there this year.

anfield
13-11-2020, 11:59 PM
Cowburn always looked decent when given an opportunity at the Jets. Considering how much time he spent on the bench, his career stagnated hence he is back in the NPL. Dissapointing really considering he was one of the only players to advance out of the youth team to the A League squad.

Reds Forever
14-11-2020, 12:09 AM
Massive fall from grace but. A league to NPL Premiers Maitland to Lakes.

Can't go any lower in NPL then that.

LongSufferingFan
14-11-2020, 09:55 AM
Clearly people commenting hear that don’t know much about Lakes.
Sure they have underperformed in first grade since they nearly went broke winning the comp about 12 years go. So In recent years they refuse to pay big $ for ANY player.

First graders at lakes are there because they want to be.
For some it is to break in to first grade, for others it’s because they feel a real connection to the club (eg Sam Walker up until this year), for others it is their local club and for others the value the coaching staff (Rufo might be polarising but many players love playing under him).

I don’t know Cowburn’s reason but I can say with certainty it won’t be for money at Lakes. It is his local NPL club so convenience is probably a factor, as is the fact they seem to be a club with energy atm with an active committee, a decent rebrand (I love their 2021 playing strip), serious investment in coaching and support staff, and blooded a few good juniors in first grade this year (charlesworth, verstegen, nyman).

It’s also appears to be a cohesive first grade group. No coaching changes or player changes of note for 2021. While they were the spooners in 2020 they were competitive in most games and were in the difficult side of the draw for the second round. I rate them higher than at least Adamstown. They led magic last month with 5 min to go before blowing it. Their young players will be better next year and if Cowburn can fit in and become a bit of a leader I can see the team potentially mid table next year.

Negative Police
14-11-2020, 10:29 AM
Sure they have underperformed in first grade since they nearly went broke winning the comp about 12 years go. So In recent years they refuse to pay big $ for ANY player.

For some it is to break in to first grade, for others it’s because they feel a real connection to the club (eg Sam Walker up until this year), for others it is their local club and for others the value the coaching staff (Rufo might be polarising but many players love playing under him).

I don’t know Cowburn’s reason but I can say with certainty it won’t be for money at Lakes. It is his local NPL club so convenience is probably a factor, as is the fact they seem to be a club with energy atm with an active committee, a decent rebrand (I love their 2021 playing strip), serious investment in coaching and support staff, and blooded a few good juniors in first grade this year (charlesworth, verstegen, nyman).

It’s also appears to be a cohesive first grade group. No coaching changes or player changes of note for 2021. While they were the spooners in 2020 they were competitive in most games and were in the difficult side of the draw for the second round. I rate them higher than at least Adamstown. They led magic last month with 5 min to go before blowing it. Their young players will be better next year and if Cowburn can fit in and become a bit of a leader I can see the team potentially mid table next year.

Hope they go well. Finishing last is pretty bad but if they are competitive nearly every week its a big help. If the bottom 2 can put a result on any team then it makes for a far better comp.

Blueboy
14-11-2020, 11:39 AM

Haha you’re funny. Yeah Cowby is going there to play for the love of the game🤦*♂️.
He will be on massive money

JustHearThings
14-11-2020, 01:40 PM

I agree with this cowburn will add leadership to the group, but can't really see them being a mid table team this year. What teams are they going to be above besides Adamstown.

LongSufferingFan
14-11-2020, 04:03 PM
I agree with this cowburn will add leadership to the group, but can't really see them being a mid table team this year. What teams are they going to be above besides Adamstown.

Too early to tell yet as there will be plenty of player movement this year across all clubs. My point being is this year they were competitive most weeks. I recall rd 1 v Jaffa’s they were good (1-0 loss to a late goal) and I remember watching on Bartv the magic game at Mac field and they should have won that game but Experience closing out games cost them that one.

With cowbies experience and talent He can lead the rest of the team and the younger players being a year more experienced will make for a much tougher team to beat in 2021. The way Lakes play under Rufo is direct and physical in defence so unless opposing teams Are up for the game I can see Lakes winning a few next year against higher rated opponents.

Of course, this all assumes Cowburn settles down and plays to his potential and doesn’t move on after being at the club for five minutes. Be interesting to see what happens but I have a feeling a club like lakes might suit Cowbie.

JustHearThings
14-11-2020, 09:03 PM
Too early to tell yet as there will be plenty of player movement this year across all clubs. My point being is this year they were competitive most weeks. I recall rd 1 v Jaffa’s they were good (1-0 loss to a late goal) and I remember watching on Bartv the magic game at Mac field and they should have won that game but Experience closing out games cost them that one.

With cowbies experience and talent He can lead the rest of the team and the younger players being a year more experienced will make for a much tougher team to beat in 2021. The way Lakes play under Rufo is direct and physical in defence so unless opposing teams Are up for the game I can see Lakes winning a few next year against higher rated opponents.

Of course, this all assumes Cowburn settles down and plays to his potential and doesn’t move on after being at the club for five minutes. Be interesting to see what happens but I have a feeling a club like lakes might suit Cowbie.

Depends if he trains or not.

mge61
14-11-2020, 09:20 PM
Sterrey gone

The Magician
14-11-2020, 09:27 PM
Sterrey gone

Sterrey who?

LongSufferingFan
14-11-2020, 09:31 PM
I know I’ve been banging on about Lakes but after today they are now in their 2nd 18NPL grand final in three years.
Some good things coming out of the club. Resies and 18s have been strong now for three or four years which is a good thing for the NPL generally. It’s a healthy competition if the not-so-glamorous teams can perform at least in the lower grades.

evolution
14-11-2020, 10:28 PM
a decent rebrand (I love their 2021 playing strip)

Damn you weren't wrong!

https://scontent.fsyd5-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/125060866_2784503121821130_6841930378326689897_o.j pg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=2&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=oceJszRwCEUAX_DbXmb&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyd5-1.fna&oh=693decbd68de9ec3ea4ed63a721bb458&oe=5FD6791E

https://scontent.fsyd5-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/125060850_2784503128487796_4354722373473717284_o.j pg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=2&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=JoM_Jv35VIYAX8T6hvw&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyd5-1.fna&oh=0f027ebb8b771a07b581829668f8d260&oe=5FD584C4

:wub:

mge61
15-11-2020, 02:12 PM
Sterrey who?
Edgie coach

onlooker
15-11-2020, 09:14 PM
Sterrey gone

What happened here?

16-11-2020, 12:18 AM
What happened here?

Probs coaching the Jets

KITZ
16-11-2020, 09:23 AM
Probs coaching the Jets

The jets would have to have the buyer finalised due diligence through FFA before I'd expect any coach to resign a current coaching position.

The Magician
16-11-2020, 09:37 AM
The jets would have to have the buyer finalised due diligence through FFA before I'd expect any coach to resign a current coaching position.

Jets will announce Arthur Pappas as coach as soon as new western Sydney (Chinese) consortium finally sign FFA documentation... Jets will be based out at Speers on the new grass pitch saving thousands from hiring uni.

KITZ
16-11-2020, 10:34 AM
Jets will announce Arthur Pappas as coach as soon as new western Sydney (Chinese) consortium finally sign FFA documentation... Jets will be based out at Speers on the new grass pitch saving thousands from hiring uni.

The jets youth moved FROM speers point because of the amount of money it cost them to use the pitches (hundreds of thousands), I doubt northern would let them move in on the cheap since they just had it built. the uni is also a sponsor of the jets, I'd assume they probably have a decent deal on the use of the pitch and the office space out there, its not just the pitch they have use of.

ForeverRed
16-11-2020, 12:32 PM
Heard the Jets will commence training at Darling st for approximately 6 weeks,

onlooker
16-11-2020, 12:37 PM
Sterrey gone

Heard he called a training/ fitness session 4 days after the GF. Surely not, blokes would have only just stopped their benders from the weekend..

Hurricane
16-11-2020, 01:03 PM
Heard he called a training/ fitness session 4 days after the GF. Surely not, blokes would have only just stopped their benders from the weekend..

Yeah heard similar. That he wanted to do the fitness tests and start pre season training in 2 weeks and the players revolted and Mills backed the players, so Sterrey walked.

Alton
16-11-2020, 02:17 PM

This is very close you are correct, NNSW going to make things more achievable in these hard times as far as $ costs go, well done to them.

16-11-2020, 02:36 PM
Maybe this question belongs in the coaches thread, But just what ( not having a dig at the blokes credentials or otherwise ) is special about Pappas ?. Seems every time we are up for another coach this bloke always gets a mention as a good option. On the back of what i am not too sure eh.

What am i missing ?.

Goatscheese
16-11-2020, 04:29 PM

Got told that on first training session he made them do the beep test, few key players told the club either he goes or they go. Club backed the players so off Sterry went

Aegon
16-11-2020, 04:31 PM
Yeah heard similar. That he wanted to do the fitness tests and start pre season training in 2 weeks and the players revolted and Mills backed the players, so Sterrey walked.

That'll be what... 5 coaches in 12 months For Edgy?
Zane - Hamilton - Rose - Sterrey - Next??

mge61
16-11-2020, 04:38 PM

Yes they were training as they are playing the Jets this Saturday although Josh Rose is still taking care of things for that match. Yes he did do some agility/beep tests in order to get some benchmark numbers for when they resumed after xmas on the 5th January. Several boys throughout the entire senior squad (only 2 A graders) were advised they would be doing some gym work over December. Maybe the bigger issue was the personality clash with the Edgie finance minister.

ForeverRed
16-11-2020, 07:37 PM
It’s called professionalism, this is why the game will not grow in Newcastle, suck it up men and see where it takes you snowflakes

Negative Police
16-11-2020, 08:55 PM
Or they can just do again what they did this under Rose. lol coaches

Goatscheese
16-11-2020, 09:45 PM
It’s called professionalism, this is why the game will not grow in Newcastle, suck it up men and see where it takes you snowflakes

We've seen Premier League teams sack the manager because the players revolted, usually just takes longer for the manager to lose the dressing room.

mge61
16-11-2020, 10:00 PM
We've seen Premier League teams sack the manager because the players revolted, usually just takes longer for the manager to lose the dressing room.

lol he didn’t even get them into the dressing room.

Stanley
17-11-2020, 03:49 AM
That'll be what... 5 coaches in 12 months For Edgy?
Zane - Hamilton - Rose - Sterrey - Next??

Only one winner out of the Edgeworth coaching debacle, Magic secured the best and most successful coach of the last 5 years

Blueboy
17-11-2020, 06:50 AM

Shut up. It’s local league football. I think players deserve a bit of time off before training again.

17-11-2020, 07:29 AM
Only one winner out of the Edgeworth coaching debacle, Magic secured the best and most successful coach of the last 5 years

Can't argue that point. Certainly deserves a gig of some sorts at an A League club.