View Full Version : general shitness of the Hunter Stadium playing surface

Pages : [1] 2

boz-monaut
15-09-2012, 09:21 AM
thought I'd get started on this thread early

have it on good authority it's going to be a bad season

furns
15-09-2012, 09:27 AM
So much for the entire surface being relaid when HSG took over. I bet it is still half new, half a decade old

GazFish35
15-09-2012, 09:36 AM
"welcome to our potato farm"

Pico
15-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Can't see Hunter Venues relaying the turf any time soon,

1. Tinks & HSG have a debt outstanding with Hunter venues
2. Hunter venues & the parent NSW Venues are arguing over the compo for the knights with HSG (reason for HSG not paying up) for when the ground was being redeveloped
3. Time, we have very little between seasons, we really need some leadership from HSG in getting NSW venues to cough up the $$$ and then sacrificing one season for both the knights & jets, each team would have to have a run of away games at either the start or end of their season so the full works can be done, preferably with some European sourced hybrid grass so that the surface last longer and is stronger, if its good enough for Arsenal, AZ, Liverpool, San Siro, Wolfsberg & wembley it might just be up to our standard.
http://www.dessosports.com/sports/football/football-projects
4.Hunter venues has lost all its control that it had back when the idea was to relay the turf, all the real power now sits in sydney, sorry NSW venues hands, it aint gonna happen.

Skirt Boy
15-09-2012, 06:18 PM
SC Weimar 1903 has a better ****ing patch of grass. And they are non league German side as well.

MFKS
15-09-2012, 06:23 PM
Head Groundsman needs to go. Plain well poor. They have what 13 Jets games 1 NYL and a 1 W League. 12 Knights games plus what 20-30 games of lower grade Knights playing there all year and most of these games for the Knights are on the same day.

The groundsman is obviously piss poor. How would he cope at AAMI Stadium or Suncorp or SFS where there is League Union and Soccer on there over the weekend.

No excuses.

Deans Out
Groundsman Out

stopper2
16-09-2012, 06:53 PM
This is Coffs Stadium where the Nationals are played every year in October. This photo was from 2010.

hawk
16-09-2012, 07:29 PM
long ball doesnt need grass

Zico
16-09-2012, 07:39 PM
long ball doesnt need grass
PMSL Love it.

MFKS
07-10-2012, 09:43 PM
Clown needs shooting.

5 weeks to prepare the pitch and he produces that level of quality???

FFS the Knights finished 5 weeks ago. What the **** have they been doing ???

No ****ing motocross this year to hide the incompetence:redcard::angry:

la bazzle
07-10-2012, 10:41 PM
Ed/craftsman.... Your time to shine

Buddha
20-10-2012, 08:26 PM
I don't know if the ground was worse in round 1 or tonight, it looked like Chapman Oval out there today!

belchardo
20-10-2012, 08:52 PM
certainly looked shit on tv

parramatta stadium though...

militiamon
20-10-2012, 09:51 PM
Supposedly the pitch is still ****ed from the motocross and that nothing can be done about it till it's relaid entirely.

Grimario
20-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Supposedly the pitch is still ****ed from the motocross and that nothing can be done about it till it's relaid entirely.

So won't be for a while... we are using it till the end of March, maybe longer if we get to the finals and have a home one. Then the motocross will be on it again at the end of April by which time the Knights season will be well underway.

****ed.

Deans OUT.

seldom
20-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Is it really that bad...I know there's a couple of different shades of green but the ball seems to roll true

MFKS
02-02-2013, 10:20 PM
What the **** was the go with the little patch of painted sand near the Bay 2 corner flag today??

What the **** does this idiot do all week??

Dig ****ing holes and play with spraypaint???

militiamon
02-02-2013, 10:24 PM
^ lol, this was my first reaction upon seeing it as well. I don't even understand how that happened, could someone explain it to me?

Bro pointed out that the grass was much better on The Hill than it was on the pitch, lol.

sammydog
02-02-2013, 10:39 PM
Whats with the power to the lights going, all we needed was the sprinklers to come on.

The whole venue is going to sh!t.

MFKS
02-02-2013, 10:47 PM
Whats with the power to the lights going, all we needed was the sprinklers to come on.

The whole venue is going to sh!t.

Would expect the globes to be halogen which have a Flaw with the design in they get really hot when in use. They don't restart until they cool down enough.

A simple power surge that causes the lights to flicker out for a fraction of a second is all it takes and it usually takes about 10 mins for the things to cool down enough for them to be able to restart

stopper2
02-02-2013, 10:47 PM
I laugh when people in the Hunter call it a "world class venue". They really need to get over to other countries in Europe, Nth and Sth America and Asia and see what real world class stadia are.

sammydog
02-02-2013, 10:53 PM
Would expect the globes to be halogen which have a Flaw with the design in they get really hot when in use. They don't restart until they cool down enough.

A simple power surge that causes the lights to flicker out for a fraction of a second is all it takes and it usually takes about 10 mins for the things to cool down enough for them to be able to restart

What ever the issue was they went out in three separate events.

MFKS
02-02-2013, 10:55 PM
Some bastard probably was using a dodgy toaster in one of the corporate boxes for some second half ham and cheese toasties

militiamon
02-02-2013, 11:04 PM
What ever the issue was they went out in three separate events.

Not to mention the big screen going off for half an hour as well. Comedy gold.

MFKS
02-02-2013, 11:09 PM
Tinks will come up with anything to save a few quid.

Tinks>> "Cut the power for 10-20 mins Middleby. No one will notice"

sammydog
02-02-2013, 11:13 PM
They should have wheeled in the tower lights at the traffic lights out the front of the stadium. Stick them on the hills, professional lighting.

seldom
02-02-2013, 11:27 PM
I thought we looked good in the dark...someone said we played a high pressing up tempo game...but I couldn't be sure

sammydog
02-02-2013, 11:29 PM
I thought we looked good in the dark...someone said we played a high pressing up tempo game...but I couldn't be sure

The pitch certainly looked less patchy with the poor disco lighting.

seldom
03-02-2013, 12:53 AM
Pitch should be pretty flat at least with ADP rollin it for 90+ minutes

furns
03-02-2013, 01:09 AM
wait till it gets flattened by Axl Rose's giant ****ing ego in a few weeks

Grimario
03-02-2013, 01:26 AM
Some bastard probably was using a dodgy toaster in one of the corporate boxes for some second half ham and cheese toasties

Was probably Aaron Kearney that some blokes were getting in to on twitter pre-game for being up in a cushy warm box while fans were out in the elements.

Pico
03-02-2013, 08:25 AM
wait till it gets flattened by Axl Rose's giant ****ing ego in a few weeks

I Believe that only half the pitch is GA for that and the stage is going to be placed on either the northern or southern hills, so Hunter venues well on its way to ****ing the small pieces of grass that are still left in the stadium.

sammydog
03-02-2013, 09:38 AM
Was probably Aaron Kearney that some blokes were getting in to on twitter pre-game for being up in a cushy warm box while fans were out in the elements.

That might have been me.

I Believe that only half the pitch is GA for that and the stage is going to be placed on either the northern or southern hills, so Hunter venues well on its way to ****ing the small pieces of grass that are still left in the stadium.

I can see axl cancelling the show when it doesn't even half sell out. I'm only going for ZZ Top.

hawk
03-02-2013, 09:57 AM
I can see axl cancelling the show when it doesn't even half sell out. I'm only going for ZZ Top.

should have held it between cessnock or terrace where most of the fans are

My2BobsWorth
03-02-2013, 04:46 PM
Just as an aside, I don't go to away games, do all the venues sell warm flat dogs piss for $6 and crap food. At the local chip shop I could feed the whole western grandstand for $5

MFKS
16-02-2013, 08:25 PM
Noticed our incompetent groundsman still hasn't fixed the pitch **** up in front of Bay 2.

Did to a good joh painting the pitch again though with the sand in the hole getting another coat of paint

prawnhead
16-02-2013, 08:44 PM
Noticed our incompetent groundsman still hasn't fixed the pitch **** up in front of Bay 2.

Did to a good joh painting the pitch again though with the sand in the hole getting another coat of paint

Back off mate its and NRL ground.

belchardo
16-02-2013, 08:53 PM
NRL ground.

what?

are you implying we shouldn't have a decent pitch because another sport uses it?

prawnhead
16-02-2013, 09:13 PM
what?

are you implying we shouldn't have a decent pitch because another sport uses it?

:sigh:

Jetmaster
16-02-2013, 09:42 PM
The Knights drugs are buried all around the pitch....shh..

My2BobsWorth
17-02-2013, 05:30 PM
Really noticed it on the weekend, are the knuckle draggers using it already?

MFKS
18-02-2013, 11:07 AM
No they train offsite and first game for them is in 3 weeks.

What does he do in the 2 weeks between the jets games is ****ing beyond me

No excuses for the incompetence

Pico
18-02-2013, 11:47 AM
Bit harsh on the groundsman I think, look at what he has to work with, add in the fact the state government used that turf from Melbourne that had never been tried this far north when they re-laid the turf because the SFS & Bluetongue annual re-turfs had taken all the local supply at the time, means we are as usual left with a heaping turd.

I think the SFS was once again re-laid this season, funny how the state government can find funds for that stadium every year but we are still stuck with this 50-50 dying turf piece of shit, and the best bit they are trying to get Tinks to pay for what they did.

Its not going to be replaced any time soon so best we all get used to it.

My2BobsWorth
19-02-2013, 03:39 PM
I think the knights play March 11, so will be worse for last game of season with WSW

Jetmaster
23-02-2013, 03:08 PM
In relation to last night, I realised how crap the roof is in each stand, They only cover the top deck.

Overseas they pride their stadia to have everyone undercover.

We can't even get that right - the whole place needs to be demolished and rebuilt !!!

GazFish35
23-02-2013, 03:15 PM
Couple of big tarps from the east to west stand would fix it.

MFKS
23-02-2013, 03:16 PM
Rather special up the top with the walkway between the bays getting wet as no roof present to cover.

Not to mention the canteen/ bars where you get wetter and wetter whilst some 15 year old with pimples is fumbling around with the Change coz they struggle to count coz there is no roof let alone a ****ing awning to protect those queued up.

Disg Race.

Place is complete AIDS

belchardo
23-02-2013, 05:50 PM
Couple of big tarps from the east to west stand would fix it.

coasties have got a few we could borrow

selassie
26-02-2013, 09:21 PM
i honestly believe that stadiums in australia are designed to have little cover to accommodate the outdoor/sun loving/skin cancer getting typical australian.

hawk
26-02-2013, 10:54 PM
i honestly believe that stadiums in australia are designed to have little cover to accommodate the outdoor/sun loving/skin cancer getting typical australian/darky.

quite

Pico
14-03-2013, 07:22 AM
Get on it HSG, Hunter Venues & newy police.

Notts County uses confiscated cannabis-growing lamps to help pitch

AFP
March 14, 2013 12:20AM

ENGLISH football club Notts County is using heat lamps confiscated in police raids on illegal cannabis farms to help maintain its pitch.

The equipment, seized by Nottinghamshire Police, is being deployed on lighting rigs to heat up the soil and assist the regrowth of grass on the club's Meadow Lane pitch during the cold winter months.

"This property would normally be crushed, so it is important it gets reused and a lot of people are getting the benefit from it," Superintendent Mark Holland was quoted as saying on the BBC website.

University students in the city in central England have been involved in the design and construction of the rigs, which also use wheels donated by a local golf club and recycled goal posts.

The stadium manager at Meadow Lane, Greg Smith, said new lighting rigs normally cost between 10,000 pounds and 15,000 pounds ($14,500 to $21,700), so the makeshift scheme was cost-effective.

"We have both sports at the club, football and rugby, and we've got a main stand that doesn't allow the light in during the winter," he added.

"So, we can have them from the start of October through to the end of February, hopefully growing grass for us."

Notts County are currently mid-table in the third-tier League One of English football. Meadow Lane is a stone's throw across the River Trent from second-tier Championship rivals Nottingham Forest's City Ground.

The ground is shared with Nottingham Rugby, who play in the second-tier of the English Championship.

Jetmaster
14-03-2013, 08:11 AM
Just raid Windale and Gateshead and you will have enough to cover the whole pitch !

MFKS
14-03-2013, 09:53 AM
Free lights from the drug community are all good and well but judging by the average bill for joe public from Energy Australia could we afford it??

We don't have many more senior players left to purge to free up a few bucks

snake
14-03-2013, 11:02 AM
just get LED arrays, much more efficient than incandescent or fluorescent bulbs.

you can even have the proper tuning of red/blue LED ratio so the spectral output complementary matches that of chlorophyll's absorption profile.

now that's efficiency.

toad
14-03-2013, 02:20 PM
:gent:

militiamon
14-03-2013, 05:39 PM
:yap:

seldom
15-03-2013, 12:29 AM
aahh the bill murray hybrid...sounds great

Buddha
15-03-2013, 06:40 AM
just get LED arrays, much more efficient than incandescent or fluorescent bulbs.

you can even have the proper tuning of red/blue LED ratio so the spectral output complementary matches that of chlorophyll's absorption profile.

now that's efficiency.
LEDs are diodes operated in the forward biased mode, and the colour of the light is determined by the type of material used, the reason it lights up is thru the process of Electroluminescence

I can remember that now but not in the test i did last week....

My2BobsWorth
26-03-2013, 04:27 PM
Hope the groundsman has a magic wand, giving the niggets a home game last nite is rediculus, atroshus, and shoking

MFKS
26-03-2013, 06:14 PM
Its a ****ing disgrace the NRL and Super 15 Rugby teams having to paint umpteen amounts of advertisement on the ground. We don't do it so why should they??

Can't be good for the grass to be spray painted 1 colour 1 day and then sprayed green to cover up the ad for the next days game.

If these ****s want to do this they should pay for a removable pitch so as not to **** ours up. 1 for us to keep without graffiti and 1 for them to vandalise

sh10
26-03-2013, 06:43 PM
If anyone actually wanted their logo associated with the jerks, we could do that too

MFKS
26-03-2013, 06:51 PM
If anyone actually wanted their logo associated with the jerks, we could do that too

We aren't allowed to paint shit on the ground. FIFA have had that rule in place for eons

seldom
26-03-2013, 11:13 PM
Leave the thugby posts up...could be our best shot friday night

Pico
27-03-2013, 07:16 AM
Nah we'd still need to get them between the posts, we'd need AFL posts, at least that way we could score some thanks for trying goals.

Jetmaster
27-03-2013, 12:04 PM
If this thing about the Asian Cup coming to Newy is true it will surely mean a new pitch ????

Jetmaster
27-03-2013, 12:06 PM
Its a ****ing disgrace the NRL and Super 15 Rugby teams having to paint umpteen amounts of advertisement on the ground. We don't do it so why should they??

Can't be good for the grass to be spray painted 1 colour 1 day and then sprayed green to cover up the ad for the next days game.

If these ****s want to do this they should pay for a removable pitch so as not to **** ours up. 1 for us to keep without graffiti and 1 for them to vandalise

This is one of my pet hates - fair enough if the ground is yours but it looks ridiculous when three or four teams play on the same surface. FIFA has the right idea and bans it.

The technology is there now to superimpose ads on the surface for TV, but the eggheads have no idea....

pv4
27-03-2013, 12:17 PM
i went to a waratahs game at allianz a couple of weeks ago. sydney fc were playing there the night after. they had the sponsors painted on the grass extremely lightly, so i assume it was at least semi-cleared for the next day.

the problem with ground sharing is the 22 lines have to change to 20 from league to union, the whole 18yard box & circles etc from football need to be changed from game-to-game, etc - the grass is getting sprayed and un-sprayed no matter what

Pico
27-03-2013, 12:39 PM
Last thing I would worry about would be painting the pitch, how about our state governments who own and develop these multi sport, high frequency use stadiums get with the program and start focusing on using modern pitches. Pitches that don't then need to be completely re-laid every 18 months. Pitches that can actually stand up to the multi-purpose requirements that they are intended for.

Its seems it's more important to have a fancy roof then to have a practical turf and pitch with modern technology. Multi-purpose pitches do exist and they can be a good standard, holding up to the rougher treatment of some sports and having the ability to quickly replace sections, its just no government in Australia is using the systems out there.

Hopefully with the confirmation the AFC Asian cup is coming to Newcastle HSG push for a better pitch that will stand up to what the major tenant's need, because with the state government basically stripping all power out of hunter venues we don't really have any local say or lobby with much power.

joel31
22-03-2014, 05:43 PM
is it just me or does it look worse today?

Grimario
22-03-2014, 05:45 PM
Not just you.

belchardo
22-03-2014, 06:00 PM
only thing missing is a bucket and spade for making sandcastles.

22-03-2014, 06:31 PM
Watching on Fox, %ucking disgrace of a pitch.

GazFish35
22-03-2014, 07:37 PM
What's all the fuss.

Newy is a city of beaches

hawk
22-03-2014, 07:51 PM
newcastle and funding never go together

Jeterpool
22-03-2014, 08:25 PM
The pitch was substandard tonight

Thomas477
22-03-2014, 08:31 PM
The pitch was substandard tonight

Paging captain obvious.

It's been substandard for a long time now, I'm certain it was bad before the motocross of 2010.

MFKS
22-03-2014, 08:52 PM
Took some photos of it. When I can work out how to get them off my ****ing personal security blanket thing called a mobile phone I will post them up

MFKS
22-03-2014, 09:13 PM

Dis graceful

GazFish35
22-03-2014, 09:40 PM
Best thing tonight was the club tweeting about the place looking great...... Just after Aaron I posted a picture of the pitch.

sammydog
22-03-2014, 11:29 PM

Dis graceful

It looked bad enough from where I sat, but closer to pitch level you can't see half of whats in your photo. Thats ****ing disgraceful.

Have our ground staff been watching Caddyshack for pointers?

Thomas477
22-03-2014, 11:37 PM
It looked bad enough from where I sat, but closer to pitch level you can't see half of whats in your photo. Thats ****ing disgraceful.

Have our ground staff been watching Caddyshack for pointers?

Can we get the groundskeepers from Olympic/Magic/Lambton/Adamstown to work on the pitch?

turbojetfireV8
22-03-2014, 11:46 PM
My fav was when Moss kicked the pitch as much to say his sh*t miss-kick was its fault... ;)

stopper2
23-03-2014, 09:17 AM
Heard that the surface is going to be re-turfed at the end of the Knights season and that we will be playing away for the first few rounds of the season, anyone else heard this one.
I don't know how it is going to hold up for our remaining two home games let alone the rest of the NRL season (not that I give two flying ****s for the Knights)

sammydog
23-03-2014, 10:08 AM
Heard that the surface is going to be re-turfed at the end of the Knights season and that we will be playing away for the first few rounds of the season, anyone else heard this one.
I don't know how it is going to hold up for our remaining two home games let alone the rest of the NRL season (not that I give two flying ****s for the Knights)

The speed at which it has gone from bad, to utterly ****ed is amazing. May as well take the knights to Merewether Beach by the end of their season, the surface will be better.

Not heard anything about resurfacing, but you would expect it has to be done before the Asian Cup.

hawk
23-03-2014, 12:12 PM
looks like there was a golf tourny just before the game - cypress hill lakes

belchardo
23-03-2014, 12:45 PM
looks like there was a golf tourny just before the game - cypress hill lakes

must have been an weekend hackers comp then.

MFKS
25-03-2014, 07:15 AM
STATE member Tim Owen is leading a concerted push for funding to resurface Hunter Stadium amid fears the deteriorating state of the ground could jeopardise the city’s hosting rights for the 2015 Asian Cup.

The pitch was rated the worst in the A-League by captains a month ago and has continued to decline, raising questions over the safety of players.

There are bare patches in sections of the ground as well as smaller divots and holes which have been filled with sand.

There are also problems underneath the turf with the base, which becomes rock hard in summer and has a pronounced crown from sideline to sideline.

Wellington Phoenix coach Ernie Merrick had ground staff repair a number of holes before the 5-0 loss to the Jets at the venue on Saturday night.

The cost to remove the current surface and base, laser level a new base and returf is about $1.5million.

It is understood that Venues NSW has submitted a proposal and quotes to the state government for the work.

Work would be done after the Knights finish their NRL season in September, which could require the Jets to play away from home for the early rounds of the 2014-15 A-League season.

Hunter Stadium is one of five venues for the Asian Cup and will host two pool games (January 12 and 17) as well as a semi-final (January 27) and play-off for third (January 30).

The semi-final will feature the Socceroos if they finish second in their pool and win their quarter-final.

The draw for the Asian Cup is being held at the Sydney Opera House tomorrow night.

An estimated 700million people in 84 countries are expected to watch telecasts of the four games in Newcastle.

The surface at Hunter Stadium satisfied criteria when the Asian Football Confederation assessed potential venues last year. But there is a growing concern that, unless the pitch is upgraded, some or all matches could be shifted to other centres.

‘‘I have made a strong submission to government and am hopeful that the issue will be resolved,’’ Mr Owen told the Newcastle Herald yesterday.

‘‘It is not just a government issue. AFC have some skin in this game as well.

‘‘We all understand the need for it to be resolved.’’

Hunter Venues manage the stadium on behalf of Venues NSW, which is a NSW government department.

In announcing a new long-term lease with the Knights and Jets last month, a Venues NSW spokesperson said the turf was ‘‘periodically’’ replaced but a total resurface of the ground was not in their budget.

‘‘Something like this needs to be taken to Treasury by the respective minister, which is the Minister for Sport and Recreation Gabrielle Upton,’’ Mr Owen said.

‘‘She is very much aware of the need and I have impressed on her that it is vitally important not only for the Asian Cup, but for the Jets and the Knights, that we have the best playing surface.

‘‘This is the key regional venue in Australia and they understand that.’’

Ms Upton’s office issued a statement last night that read: ‘‘The NSW Government is a major supporter of the AFC Asian Cup 2015 (AC2015), contributing significant funding with a clear understanding that the Local Organising Committee (LOC) is responsible for preparing and upgrading the infrastructure overlay for the stadia and training sites, including the playing surface at Hunter Stadium.

‘‘Hunter Stadium was selected by the LOC following thorough assessments of its capacity and capability by AFC technical advisors. The LOC selected the venue with a full understanding of its condition and accepted a commercial offer, as well as accepted the obligation to upgrade the venue further if required.

‘‘Venues NSW will continue to work closely with the LOC to ensure Newcastle Stadium is in the best possible condition for the AFC Asian Cup 2015.’’

The LOC has been monitoring the condition of all venues.

‘‘We are constantly working with the venue owners to make sure the pitches are in the best possible standard for tournament time,’’ an LOC spokesperson said.

The LOC has in its budget about $1million for the upgrade and maintenance of 11 training venues in use during the Asian Cup, including Newcastle’s No.2 Sportsground and Wanderers Oval.

However, there is not the capacity to commit to the work required at Hunter Stadium.

The pitch at Turton Road stadium has come under constant criticism since two thirds of the arena had to be returfed after damage from a motocross event in 2010.

The Jets have home games against Melbourne Victory (April 5) and Adelaide (April 11) plus potential finals.

:popcorn:

GazFish35
25-03-2014, 07:34 AM
Potential finals?

Bullshit.

MFKS
25-03-2014, 07:55 AM
Potential finals?

Bullshit.

If we are arsey enough to make the finals the only match up I want is Gypos away.

Those arsey pricks scored 3 belters from 3 shots the first time we couldn't buy a goal. So the result was a little lopsided and not justified
Last time take our keepers brain fades out and the 2 goals HE personally gave them and we were all over them for the best part of 70 mins.

We have some scores to settle big time down there. Matter a fact would be a stroke of Genius even if we were the hosting club to play it there

Premy
25-03-2014, 11:05 AM
Early rounds away from Hunter Stadium. That would be a good excuse to take a game or 2 to Port Macquarie, Coffs Harbor, Cessnock, Tamworth or somewhere else regional Northern NSW. Throw in a few away NSW games early on wouldn't be to bad.

MFKS
25-03-2014, 11:40 AM
Early rounds away from Hunter Stadium. That would be a good excuse to take a game or 2 to Port Macquarie, Coffs Harbor, Cessnock, Tamworth or somewhere else regional Northern NSW. Throw in a few away NSW games early on wouldn't be to bad.

Should be able to start relaying turf at end of NRL regular season anyway. Knights don't look like they are making plans to actually be playing in September anyway. :grin:

Don't see why we would have to sacrifice any home games anyway. Quite a common thing to see a team play 4-6 games away from home to start the year when construction work is being finished.

Throw a few NSW games in and get a pile of away games over and done with and have a glut of home fixtures later. Why the need to take games to NNSW??

furns
25-03-2014, 11:49 AM
As the Member alluded to, it will just be NSW games and other away games. Same as what they did for Adelaide or Perth (cant remember which one) at the beginning of this season for resurfacing their stadium.
Play away SFC, CCM and WSW and a few other away trips and then we will have a nice run of home fixtures.

Premy
25-03-2014, 12:05 PM
We usally get lumped with one regional game anyway I can't see the problem in having that in our own backyard whilst we can't play at home. Just trying to look at the best possible outcome, remember we are supposed to be the team that represents Northern NSW why not cater to that supporter base and make the best out of the situation.

MFKS
25-03-2014, 12:14 PM
We usally get lumped with one regional game anyway I can't see the problem in having that in our own backyard whilst we can't play at home. Just trying to look at the best possible outcome, remember we are supposed to be the team that represents Northern NSW why not cater to that supporter base and make the best out of the situation.

We got a regional game this season.

We chose to play it in Newy :tongue:

Just like the rest of the other HAL clubs do they abuse the regional round so why have it.

Play as many games as you like in the sticks during pre season.

As for the far flung areas in NNSW and playing a HAL game there. No way.

If the people there are that desperate to see a game live in the flesh Countrylink runs an XPT service everyday that stops 1 and a bit kms from Stade de Newy

Premy
25-03-2014, 12:32 PM
Now I know you're playing Devils advocate.

MFKS
25-03-2014, 01:09 PM
Now I know you're playing Devils advocate.

Devils Advocate??

I can't think of one good reason for playing HAL games in Northern New South Wales hamlets other than some wank arse PR for the code.

This is offset by shitting on your paying members who front up at Stade de Newy every week.

Why **** them over for some hillbillies who choose to live in butt **** nowhere.

Trial games are more than enough.

GazFish35
25-03-2014, 02:14 PM
should also have the knights playing some of trhere later games way so it can be worked on as early os possible.

wheres Ed. when you need him?

Blackmac79
25-03-2014, 02:28 PM
I actually agree with the member. Would be severely disappointed if they take games away from our home ground.

Premy
25-03-2014, 02:59 PM
I actually agree with the member. Would be severely disappointed if they take games away from our home ground.
If having 1 home game move to a regional NNSW venue is
the price we pay for a brand new surface then I won't be upset.
You expect something for nothing?

Blackmac79
25-03-2014, 03:32 PM

Surface doesn't really bother me. We don't play pretty football, teams that do (Brisbane) suffer when playing us at home.

Should let Bridgey practice his drive outside each 18yard box.

If the knuckle draggers were asked to move a home game there would be outrage. But because it's the jets it's ok. Their members don't mind.

militiamon
25-03-2014, 03:35 PM
Agree with the Member.

Regarding the resurfacing (different issue), just play the first few games at a local venue or venues (Wanderers, No. 2, Speers Point, Cessnock). Crowd would be quite decent still imo.

MFKS
25-03-2014, 04:37 PM

Why pay that price though??

We already paid that price when the Knights chose to **** the surface with the motocross anyway.

Reality is that pitch surface is shit enough now that sooner or later it will get sorted. Whether it is for the Asian Cup or not is irrelevant. Eventually some **** will get it done.

The quality of the pitch is bordering on that bad sooner or later one of the dog molesters will do their knee on it and the thing will be fixed quick smart anyway. Better yet I actually hope we don't have it sorted for the Asian Cup and the embarrassment that follows will see change for the better.

What is or more concern is really the quality of workmanship by the groundsman. I am calling them incompetent. FFS Grass ain't that hard to grow. Sunlight Water and fertilisler will see the shit grow like know tomorrow. Want proof come see my ****ing back yard. Compared to this bloke I am the Lionel Messi of grass growing. Better yet I have no qualifications either

stopper2
25-03-2014, 07:35 PM
WTF!!!
Heard on the radio this arvo that after the Knights game this Sunday that kids will be allowed onto the field!!!!
After all the shit that has been going on with the state of the pitch at Hunter Stadium, they are going to allow hundreds of kids to run amok!!!

sammydog
25-03-2014, 07:57 PM
WTF!!!
Heard on the radio this arvo that after the Knights game this Sunday that kids will be allowed onto the field!!!!
After all the shit that has been going on with the state of the pitch at Hunter Stadium, they are going to allow hundreds of kids to run amok!!!

The game after will have a much smaller crowd after half the kids get lost in the holes and sand pits.

belchardo
25-03-2014, 08:01 PM
Epic sandcastle competition!

MFKS
25-03-2014, 08:24 PM
Should just turn up at FT with a spade and bucket set and start digging rabbit warrens in the place to help the returfing plan.

They fill them in for our remaining games yet we get some elaborate hidden tunnels built and we can hide Griff in one of them to spring the offside trap in games

GazFish35
25-03-2014, 08:38 PM
Maybe they'll all get a bag of seeds and a bag of dynamic lifter.

Pretty ****ing inept management decision if true.

belchardo
25-03-2014, 09:01 PM
Should just turn up at FT with a spade and bucket set and start digging rabbit warrens in the place to help the returfing plan.

They fill them in for our remaining games yet we get some elaborate hidden tunnels built and we can hide Griff in one of them to spring the offside trap in games

More holes in the field will really drain the effectiveness out of the puddle

hawk
25-03-2014, 09:06 PM
grubby league could give a ****, play on

Premy
25-03-2014, 09:47 PM
I thought this is what No2 was done up for FFS:banghead:

Jetmaster
26-03-2014, 11:41 AM
WTF!!!

Can't complain - the Jets have done this a few times too.

Premy
26-03-2014, 11:53 AM
Don't mind the Rave on Good Friday at the Stadium.

stopper2
26-03-2014, 01:09 PM
Can't complain - the Jets have done this a few times too.

Considering the current state of the pitch wouldn't you think that "commonsense" would dictate that apart from actual games it be kept strictly off limits???
Commonsense is obviously not a word in HSG's vocabulary:blink:

26-03-2014, 02:41 PM
Considering the current state of the pitch wouldn't you think that "commonsense" would dictate that apart from actual games it be kept strictly off limits???
Commonsense is obviously not a word in HSG's vocabulary:blink:

As much as i agree , at this point in time they probably can't even afford to change there minds at HSG.

Pico
26-03-2014, 03:26 PM
What I really found interesting was on NBN last night they mentioned that it has been 15 years, 15 YEARS, since there has been a full re-turf of hunter stadium.

Now consider how often places like Bluetongue, SFS, Suncorp etc get re-turfed. Think about how long it’s been since the base was installed, let alone serviced properly. Think about how out-dated the entire drainage system would be. Is it any wonder the turf is a steaming pile of shit and the groundsmen are trying to put lipstick on a rotting pig.

Now consider all the training venues / new stadiums the greater western Sydney Giants got from the state government. But apparently maintaining the only professional pitch in NNSW, for multiple sports codes is too expensive and not even being planned for.

MFKS
26-03-2014, 03:37 PM
What I really found interesting was on NBN last night they mentioned that it has been 15 years, 15 YEARS, since there has been a full re-turf of hunter stadium.

Now consider how often places like Bluetongue, SFS, Suncorp etc get re-turfed. Think about how long it’s been since the base was installed, let alone serviced properly. Think about how out-dated the entire drainage system would be. Is it any wonder the turf is a steaming pile of shit and the groundsmen are trying to put lipstick on a rotting pig.

Now consider all the training venues / new stadiums the greater western Sydney Giants got from the state government. But apparently maintaining the only professional pitch in NNSW, for multiple sports codes is too expensive and not even being planned for.

I take you just moved to the Hunter recently??

Welcome:sup:

Thomas477
26-03-2014, 03:51 PM
Having the jets play at a local venue might sound good, but if you're getting 10,000 ticketed members, plus hospitality packages, there is no ground large enough for them.

halo se7en
26-03-2014, 05:36 PM
Having the jets play at a local venue might sound good, but if you're getting 10,000 ticketed members, plus hospitality packages, there is no ground large enough for them.

It's no different to moving it to Port Mac or Coffs though. How many does No. 2 hold? and is that the biggest ground we have in Newy?

Thomas477
26-03-2014, 05:56 PM
It's no different to moving it to Port Mac or Coffs though. How many does No. 2 hold? and is that the biggest ground we have in Newy?

All depends on how they market it. You buy a membership for x home games, on specific dates, and they move the game, it won't go down well. Especially if you pay premium for undercover seats on half way, and suddenly you're stuck behind the corner at Wanderers.

halo se7en
26-03-2014, 06:01 PM
All depends on how they market it. You buy a membership for x home games, on specific dates, and they move the game, it won't go down well. Especially if you pay premium for undercover seats on half way, and suddenly you're stuck behind the corner at Wanderers.

If they were smart (LOL) they wouldn't include the early games in the membership and they'd become first in, first served.

Maybe play out at Cook Park?? I hear it's pretty good………….

GazFish35
26-03-2014, 07:39 PM

Don't have that game included in the membership.
Then charge a hefty fee to get in.

militiamon
26-03-2014, 08:01 PM

That's how I see it.

If you move it anywhere outside of Newy, there's no way you're getting anywhere close to 10K.
May as well play it in Newy at one of the bigger capacity grounds and pack the place out. Could actually turn out to be quite a good idea, engaging the locals and all.
Technicalities such as membership packages are easy to work out if it's known well in advance (memberships for next season won't even come out for a few months).

Blackmac79
26-03-2014, 08:02 PM
Port and Coffs is just an extra few hours for the MDR

GazFish35
29-03-2014, 01:57 PM
Nothing will happen.

Hunter venues won't pay the millions to resurface.
Neither major tenant will pay it, or go elsewhere.... Where else is there where pourage, catering and corporates bring in the same money.... So there's no point for hunter venues in paying the money for a new pitch. They have tenants that can't leave.

The stadium went over budget, there's no more money for grass. State govt won't throw moans at it. There's no votes in it for them.

And if the AFC threaten to leave they'd surely forfeit any money they paid for use of the venue..... Far less than the cost of the resurface, so they'll be allowed to walk, meaning more money for the stadium without hosting games.

Knights shouldn't be playing three grades on it if HV were serious about getting in decent shape.
Ply lower grades at wests, then walk down to marathon for the main game.

hawk
29-03-2014, 02:27 PM
Knights shouldn't be playing three grades on it.

those assholes should be playing on the road, theyre tough and all that

Thomas477
29-03-2014, 05:15 PM
those assholes should be playing on the road, theyre tough and all that

Pfft, the road's for pusses, real men play on lava.

Premy
08-04-2014, 02:15 PM
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/craig-foster/blog/1186250/Life-s-a-pitch-in-the-A-League

Premy
08-04-2014, 02:20 PM
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/australia/news/1186182/Hunter-pitch-causes-concern

q-money
08-04-2014, 02:48 PM
"We agree that the playing surface is not looking its usual good state at the moment,” Venues NSW executive director Janett Milligan said."

what crack is this character smoking

Jeterpool
08-04-2014, 02:51 PM
"We agree that the playing surface is not looking its usual good state at the moment,” Venues NSW executive director Janett Milligan said."

I hope they do D&A testing at that joint. She has got to be kidding herself.

Grimario
08-04-2014, 02:52 PM

I assume it's usual good state is circa 2000 when the new surface and drainage was first put down?

belchardo
13-04-2014, 05:20 PM
Good to see sydney can get half their mudbath replaced inside a week, but we can't get our goat paddock fixed in more than 3 years.

Hunter403
13-04-2014, 06:11 PM
Good to see sydney can get half their mudbath replaced inside a week, but we can't get our goat paddock fixed in more than 3 years.

Dead right!

seldom
13-04-2014, 08:18 PM
you do realise if we fix the pitch the better teams will be able to play football

Hunter403
13-04-2014, 09:02 PM
you do realise if we fix the pitch the better teams will be able to play football

And maybe we will too...

Grimario
13-04-2014, 09:08 PM
And maybe we will too...

Why would you think that? We haven't shown any footballing ability on our travels to pitches that weren't cow paddocks.

Hunter403
14-04-2014, 12:15 PM
Why would you think that? We haven't shown any footballing ability on our travels to pitches that weren't cow paddocks.

Wishful thinking...

Grimario
29-05-2014, 10:52 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2315462/exclusive-hunter-stadium-to-be-resurfaced/?cs=306

HUNTER Stadium is set to be resurfaced at a cost of about $1.25 million to ready it as a host venue for 2015 Asian Cup games.

The state government has agreed to kick in $1 million, with the rest of the money to come from the Cup’s Local Organising Committee and government stadium management agency Venues NSW.

The money addresses major concerns that the state of the turf had fallen below the international standards expected of the venue, which will be in the spotlight when it hosts four Cup matches in January.

Sport and Recreation minister Stuart Ayres has secured the cash and says the work will start after the final home game for the Newcastle Knights.

Football Federation Australia has agreed to schedule Newcastle Jets A-League matches as away games until November, to provide the eight-week window needed to get the work done.

The reconstruction of the stadium’s playing surface had been put off for years given the significant cost.

Newcastle MP Tim Owen, who had lobbied for the improvements, said the money was good news for the Knights and Newcastle Jets as well.

‘‘The Asian Cup has highlighted the issue but not caused it,’’ Mr Owen said.

‘‘The condition of the surface has been a concern for years since that idiotic motocross event was held there three or four years ago.’’

The surface was recently ranked the poorest of the 10 A-League venues in a report from the players union, Professional Footballers Australia.

An estimated 700 million people in 84 countries are expected to watch telecasts of the four games in Newcastle.

q-money
29-05-2014, 10:55 AM
‘‘The condition of the surface has been a concern for years since that idiotic motocross event was held there three or four years ago.’’

tim owen instantly redeeming himself here, wd

Premy
29-05-2014, 12:31 PM
Never thought I'd see the day. I hope its a full rip up and start from scratch, level it out and get rid of that horrible hump. Knowing how things run but it will be an over quote for new turf and 5 years from now we'll be in the same spot we are now.

furns
29-05-2014, 12:49 PM
According to that article, it is a full reconstruction which would be ripping it up and starting it again.
About five years too late, but better late than never.

lquiquer
29-05-2014, 01:20 PM
So first 4 or 5 games of next season away.......

howardyou
29-05-2014, 01:42 PM
Get them down to Alder Park! Plenty of space for a crowd there and from the Bowlo would be a great vantage point.

plague
29-05-2014, 01:57 PM
Tim Owen: Newy Boy.

plague
29-05-2014, 01:58 PM
Racing NSW about to go berko.

Hunter403
29-05-2014, 10:04 PM
Don't care where he got the money; get a statue of him up in the car park!

GazFish35
15-07-2014, 09:25 PM
New pitch is the reason I'll renew!

seldom
15-07-2014, 10:28 PM
R.I.P. Puddle

furns
15-07-2014, 10:47 PM
Just to clarify, its a complete relay according to the club. Its being taken all the way back to the base, drainage being redone and re-levelled prior to the turf going on.

GazFish35
15-07-2014, 10:57 PM
Will it be ready for the monster trucks?

Pico
16-07-2014, 07:45 AM
So they are cutting corners then, not ripping up the clay base that they have claimed is the reason for the poor pitch and complaints from players about the hardness during summer when the clay dries out and hardens.

furns
16-07-2014, 12:46 PM
Pico I didnt ask about whether taking it down to the base also involved removing the clay as well. Guess we will find out in due course.

Pico
16-07-2014, 02:16 PM
Pico I didnt ask about whether taking it down to the base also involved removing the clay as well. Guess we will find out in due course.

Hopefully they do or perhaps they think with a different drainage system and actually levelling it that may help. I just hope that with this window and a real show-piece in the Asian cup that short cuts are not taken to simply save a few dollars.

MFKS
12-08-2014, 07:06 AM
**** THE **** in charge of doing the pitch.

If we had a decent surface to play on our glorious CEO could have got the game against Juve played at Stade de Newy thrown the gates open and allowed the folks of Newy to see Juve live in the flesh.

Can't invite them up to play on the shite surface we call a pitch.

goaliepersempre
15-08-2014, 02:57 AM
Over the summer FC Basel has completly returfed and shaped its playing field

There are some timelapse videos you can see on there website.. wont let me inbed them on here.

leftrightout
15-08-2014, 07:08 AM
Over the summer FC Basel has completly returfed and shaped its playing field

There are some timelapse videos you can see on there website.. wont let me inbed them on here.

When will that start for us? the knights would only have about 2 homes games left wouldn't they? Will the work kick off straight after that or will it be typical Newcastle and waste 2 weeks before the work begins...
I already blame middleby!:popcorn:

howardyou
15-08-2014, 10:02 AM
I have seen the plans and proposed program for the works to be completed.

The project was tendered out by Venues NSW to specialist contractors and this closed on Mon 11/8. They were hoping for a contract award to be completed this week after assessments.
Tenderers were pricing two options:
1. Full reconstruction and new irrigation system - This includes stripping the entire field back to sub-base levels, new drainage and installing a new irrigation system
2. Reshaping and re-turfing of the playing field - Cutting only back to subgrade levels (roughly 300mm higher) and cleaning silt sand drainage out. Adjustment of existing irrigation system.

The turf procurement will take up to 8 weeks after purchase. All works will commence the day after the final NRL game for the year which is 7/9.
The full scope of works will take roughly 9 weeks and the project must be completed by 8/11 which is the first A-League game.

I'm not a turf expert so i'm not sure how much time this allows for the grass to settle and knit together but not a lot i would imagine. But they have allowed for 10 days to lay the grass which would allow for some settling in period.

MFKS
15-08-2014, 10:07 AM
I have seen the plans and proposed program for the works to be completed.

The project was tendered out by Venues NSW to specialist contractors and this closed on Mon 11/8. They were hoping for a contract award to be completed this week after assessments.
Tenderers were pricing two options:
1. Full reconstruction and new irrigation system - This includes stripping the entire field back to sub-base levels, new drainage and installing a new irrigation system
2. Reshaping and re-turfing of the playing field - Cutting only back to subgrade levels (roughly 300mm higher) and cleaning silt sand drainage out. Adjustment of existing irrigation system.

The turf procurement will take up to 8 weeks after purchase. All works will commence the day after the final NRL game for the year which is 7/9.
The full scope of works will take roughly 9 weeks and the project must be completed by 8/11 which is the first A-League game.

I'm not a turf expert so i'm not sure how much time this allows for the grass to settle and knit together but not a lot i would imagine. But they have allowed for 10 days to lay the grass which would allow for some settling in period.

Just dump some sand on it in the mean time. Wouldn't be the first time it was to happen in Newy.

Seeing as you see, to have some knowledge on this matter roughly how much is the cost expected to be on the work??

Just curious as to what the costs are and how that would balance up with the government's lack of action in the past to sort the pitch out

howardyou
15-08-2014, 02:43 PM
Just dump some sand on it in the mean time. Wouldn't be the first time it was to happen in Newy.

Seeing as you see, to have some knowledge on this matter roughly how much is the cost expected to be on the work??

Just curious as to what the costs are and how that would balance up with the government's lack of action in the past to sort the pitch out

No idea on costs - i'm just an estimator....
But in commercial construction, so not really my "field".

Being Newcastle, i'm sure the cheaper option will more than likely be all that fits into Venues NSW's budget.

furns
15-08-2014, 02:46 PM
You would really hope that they went with option 1 as opposed to option 2.
I will tweet Hunter Stadium to find out, unknown if they will respond?

GazFish35
26-08-2014, 06:19 PM
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/article/asian-cup-pitch-upgrades-worth-650k/rqtp256spy691dtsl9psftnw1

The Hyundai A-League is set to benefit from up to $650,000 worth of upgrades to pitches at stadiums in all five cities that will host next year’s Asian Cup.
The Local Organising Committee announced the funding on Tuesday, as they aim to get the facilities up to world-class standard for January’s tournament.

The money will provide upgrades to the playing surfaces at the 11 training sites for the Asian Cup, as well as the Hunter Stadium surface in Newcastle, which was among the poorest in the Hyundai A-League last season.

Works will be undertaken at venues including Newcastle’s No.2 Sports Ground and Wanderers Oval, Brisbane’s Perry Park, S.S Anderson Oval in Port Melbourne, Deakin Stadium in Canberra and Sydney’s Leichhardt Oval.

“These developments are an important part of the legacy the Asian Cup will leave for Australian football and have focused on venues that will be used by football into the future,” CEO of the Asian Cup Local Organising Committee, Michael Brown said.

“They demonstrate how committed we are to delivering pitches of the highest standard possible for Asia’s biggest football tournament, an event that will be televised to some 800 million people.

“We have set targets that the experts can measure – things like the firmness of the pitch, the height the ball bounces and the smoothness of the roll.

“The decision by the LOC and FFA to invest in Australia’s first pitch management conference is an indication of the importance football places on high quality pitches.

Pico
26-08-2014, 06:29 PM
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/article/asian-cup-pitch-upgrades-worth-650k/rqtp256spy691dtsl9psftnw1

The Hyundai A-League is set to benefit from up to $650,000 worth of upgrades to pitches at stadiums in all five cities that will host next year’s Asian Cup.
The Local Organising Committee announced the funding on Tuesday, as they aim to get the facilities up to world-class standard for January’s tournament.

The money will provide upgrades to the playing surfaces at the 11 training sites for the Asian Cup, as well as the Hunter Stadium surface in Newcastle, which was among the poorest in the Hyundai A-League last season.

Works will be undertaken at venues including Newcastle’s No.2 Sports Ground and Wanderers Oval, Brisbane’s Perry Park, S.S Anderson Oval in Port Melbourne, Deakin Stadium in Canberra and Sydney’s Leichhardt Oval.

“These developments are an important part of the legacy the Asian Cup will leave for Australian football and have focused on venues that will be used by football into the future,” CEO of the Asian Cup Local Organising Committee, Michael Brown said.

“They demonstrate how committed we are to delivering pitches of the highest standard possible for Asia’s biggest football tournament, an event that will be televised to some 800 million people.

“We have set targets that the experts can measure – things like the firmness of the pitch, the height the ball bounces and the smoothness of the roll.

“The decision by the LOC and FFA to invest in Australia’s first pitch management conference is an indication of the importance football places on high quality pitches.

http://akashicliz.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/should-have-gone-to-specsavers.jpg

They start by saying that the HAL teams will benefit, but they aren't actually talking about the host city stadiums which the HAL would use (other than Hunter Stadium), and I'm not 100% but I know that in Newcastle the local HAL team does not use either pitch for training & number 2 the entire code does not use as far as I'm aware.

Hopefully better outcomes for football in other host cities, but not the greatest look when football struggles for funding and the one time we get anything its pumped into a recently constructed "Newcastle Home of Rugby", poor form on the LOC's part, but i guess its the cheap way out, just a shame that again hosting a football tournament, even on the lower scale of the Asian Cup & still other codes get a leg up.

belchardo
26-08-2014, 06:47 PM
Deakin stadium is 100% football to the best of my knowledge.

Pico
08-09-2014, 08:06 PM
It begins.......by the sounds of it the base will be levelled but not replaced, hope that means they still get a great pitch and don't waste this chance to fix the pitch

http://www.nbnnews.com.au/index.php/2014/09/08/excavators-roll-into-hunter-stadium-to-returf-maligned-pitch/

MFKS
08-09-2014, 08:14 PM
Lazy ****s waited until well into the arvo to get to work judging by the shadows

MFKS
11-09-2014, 05:28 PM
http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/di/library/Newcastle_Jets/3e/b5/hunter-stadium_dvuky6dihy8u1iadm8jzrx3x7.jpg?t=1645538096

Thought they were fixing the joint already.

I could swear not a thing has been ****ing done so far

sammydog
11-09-2014, 07:45 PM
I'm sure I saw some photos yesterday with the Hunter Venues CEO in them. Showed the pitch completely gone with the machinery pushing dirt around.

sammydog
11-09-2014, 07:47 PM
Found it.

Better pics in this link http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2551169/stadium-turf-upgrade-has-tight-time-frame/?cs=305

GazFish35
11-09-2014, 07:57 PM
When's the motorcross?

Beeen
11-09-2014, 08:05 PM
in 6-8 weeks

front2
11-09-2014, 11:37 PM
With the amount of money bantered overall I cringe how effective the Hunter Stadium pitch will be post Asian Cup.

hawk
11-09-2014, 11:52 PM
They start by saying that the HAL teams will benefit, but they aren't actually talking about the host city stadiums which the HAL would use (other than Hunter Stadium), and I'm not 100% but I know that in Newcastle the local HAL team does not use either pitch for training & number 2 the entire code does not use as far as I'm aware.

Hopefully better outcomes for football in other host cities, but not the greatest look when football struggles for funding and the one time we get anything its pumped into a recently constructed "Newcastle Home of Rugby", poor form on the LOC's part, but i guess its the cheap way out, just a shame that again hosting a football tournament, even on the lower scale of the Asian Cup & still other codes get a leg up.

send the leaguies over to Maitland. Be closer for fans

hausmann
12-09-2014, 04:59 PM
"Like a lot of things from that era, it was done with an 'it'll be right' attitude," Mr Henderson said.

Knights.

Jetmaster
12-09-2014, 06:07 PM
Have they found Ken Edwards body yet ?

GazFish35
12-09-2014, 06:13 PM

Rofl

plague
12-09-2014, 07:06 PM

That right there people, is a 5 star post.

furns
16-09-2014, 04:21 PM
After tweeting all and sundry asking for details on the reconstruction, finally received a response from the company actually doing the work

@HGSportsTurf: a full field reconstruction, excavation to a new subgrade, new drainage, irrigation and sand profile and Eclipse Stabilised Turf!

plague
16-09-2014, 04:48 PM
After tweeting all and sundry asking for details on the reconstruction, finally received a response from the company actually doing the work

Can whoever wrote that tweet please come and run our club?

Pico
16-09-2014, 08:57 PM

Fantastic news that they have been able to get the hybrid style turf this is exactly what every HAL mixed use venue needs.

WolfMan
16-09-2014, 09:41 PM
Brochure for the product being installed. Good read

http://hgsportsturf.com.au/pdf/RT/Eclipse_Brochure.pdf

furns
16-09-2014, 09:57 PM
Good find mate
Nice one

Jeterpool
17-09-2014, 08:13 AM
We need to obviously wait and reserve our judgement until it has completed and had a few games on it, but we may need to re-think the name of this thread.

The surface they are laying down sounds really good on paper.

MFKS
17-09-2014, 08:23 AM
But seriously how hard is it to grow ****ing grass??

I have a backyard and a front yard full of the shit with out much care I can manage to grow the shit.

How come a bloke with ample time bloke is paid and gets other blokes paid to help, top shelf machinery access, access to all necessary fertilisers/weed killers etc can not grow a 130m x 80m patch of grass??

It ain't ****ing rocket science.

Why the **** does he need synthetic grass anyway??

Blokes in Europe with shit weather can grow a field with grass yet these clowns can't despite the glorious weather in gods country

plague
17-09-2014, 08:38 AM
Too right Member.
Preparing a surface for 12 months use for 2 completely different clients and keeping it at optimum standard is exactly the same as running the Victa over an outbreak of Cooch.

Exactly.

Greens keepers out.

leftrightout
17-09-2014, 09:03 AM
Also think that groundsmen at hunter stadium arent full time ?
I could be wrong i just though i heard that somewhere

Premy
17-09-2014, 10:06 AM
Also think that groundsmen at hunter stadium arent full time ?
I could be wrong i just though i heard that somewhereThe ground staff are definitely full time. They are subcontractors employed by West and take care of West's Gardens, Greens, Fields and Hunter Stadium.

leftrightout
17-09-2014, 10:10 AM
The ground staff are definitely full time. They are subcontractors employed by West and take care of West's Gardens, Greens, Fields and Hunter Stadium.

Ah ok they just dont work purely on the ground, thats where i am getting mixed up!

Pico
17-09-2014, 10:22 AM

Blokes in Europe with shit weather can grow a field with grass yet these clowns can't despite the glorious weather in gods country

Probably a lot harder than you'll ever understand, especially when you complain that in Europe they can grow a grass, yet most use the exact type of system that hunter stadium is getting.

Let’s not let little things like climate, year round use, multiple sports or a fifteen year old clay base get in the way of a good whinge.

Putting a-side all that you’ll find they are laying a very similar product using the same type of system that is used in Europe which is why it’s such a good outcome. Hybrid turf is what the biggest clubs use. All modern stadiums don’t use the replacement rolls that we are getting, in Europe they look like they actually own the seeding machines and stuff which means they can just drive out on the pitch & go back over any rough areas and patch them with extra synthetic turf instead of getting replacement rolls, think Anfield, Stamford bridge, Emirates, Old Trafford, Goodison Park, Villa Park, City Stadium, White Hart Lane, Swansea, Cardiff, rangers, Wolfsburg, Bayern Munich, etc, any way back to whinge whinge whinge……

belchardo
17-09-2014, 10:47 AM
Probably a lot harder than you'll ever understand, especially when you complain that in Europe they can grow a grass, yet most use the exact type of system that hunter stadium is getting.

Let’s not let little things like climate, year round use, multiple sports or a fifteen year old clay base get in the way of a good whinge.

Putting a-side all that you’ll find they are laying a very similar product using the same type of system that is used in Europe which is why it’s such a good outcome. Hybrid turf is what the biggest clubs use. All modern stadiums don’t use the replacement rolls that we are getting, in Europe they look like they actually own the seeding machines and stuff which means they can just drive out on the pitch & go back over any rough areas and patch them with extra synthetic turf instead of getting replacement rolls, think Anfield, Stamford bridge, Emirates, Old Trafford, Goodison Park, Villa Park, City Stadium, White Hart Lane, Swansea, Cardiff, rangers, Wolfsburg, Bayern Munich, etc, any way back to whinge whinge whinge……

honestly, why do you (or anybody for that matter) bother trying?

q-money
17-09-2014, 10:50 AM
pico aka craftsman

sammydog
17-09-2014, 11:00 AM

I have a backyard and a front yard full of the shit with out much care I can manage to grow the shit.

How come a bloke with ample time bloke is paid and gets other blokes paid to help, top shelf machinery access, access to all necessary fertilisers/weed killers etc can not grow a 130m x 80m patch of grass??

FFS, we finally look to be getting a decent pitch similar to other world stadiums, something that isn't 15 years old and may actually stand up to two codes over the year and you still find reason to bitch and whine?

For once the ground staff might actually have something workable. Lets see why they deliver us once the new pitch is in.

Nah, stuff that, maybe the govt should have just saved the cash, kept the old pitch and just sacked the ground staff, because that would have solved all the pitch problems.

MFKS
17-09-2014, 11:29 AM

FFS Pico you have pretty low expectations on most things don't you.

It ain't rocket science growing grass. Fertile soil >>sunlight>> provide moisture and photosynthesis takes effect and you are growing stuff. After that it is all about maintenance and keeping weeds animals and bacterial matter out from destroying it.

A lot of those components are prevailing and in abundance it is the human area where the let down is occurring.

As for your comments on Europe most clubs actually seed their pitch on a annual/biannual basis. They don't use the artificial turf as you claim and they do not place rolls down like we do in this country.

As for your year round use with multiple sports teams lets not let the facts get in the way of reality. This pitch compared to Allianz AAMI Suncorp is not getting anywhere near the traffic.

Not to mention as soon as the dog molesters are off in August the pitch should be constantly improving until they return to action in March. Why because grass ballet creates little impact on the surface that isn't repairable after a roll mow and water. For some reason this doesn't happen as the pitch gets worse as the Jets season goes on which is confounding as the conditions available should be at their best for the surface to be at its highest level of quality and the thing ONLY gets use once a fortnight for 90 mins.

As for the comments about the 15 year old clay base being the problem don't let the fancy words they use to describe things fool you. This is more important to rectify and improve drainage related issues and not actually growth of plant.

This pitch despite all its faults its drainage ain't that bad and the only time there are drainage issues is when games are played during heavy downpours. There are absolutely no issues with this pitch retaining water after adequate time for it to seep into the surface

We have no issues with the pitch being unplayable cause of rain days earlier like local sports fields have. The soil directly under the grass supports the grass growth not this sub clay base which is much lower they are blaming to divert the attention from their faults

How bad these blokes go is magnified by the efforts of NPL clubs volunteers who produce far superior surface pound for pound without any of the help and infrastructure these blokes have

Jeterpool
17-09-2014, 11:40 AM
honestly, why do you (or anybody for that matter) bother trying?

I've given up, personally.

plague
17-09-2014, 11:40 AM
FFS Pico you have pretty low expectations on most things don't you.

It ain't rocket science growing grass. Fertile soil >>sunlight>> provide moisture and photosynthesis takes effect and you are growing stuff. After that it is all about maintenance and keeping weeds animals and bacterial matter out from destroying it.

A lot of those components are prevailing and in abundance it is the human area where the let down is occurring.

As for your comments on Europe most clubs actually seed their pitch on a annual/biannual basis. They don't use the artificial turf as you claim and they do not place rolls down like we do in this country.

As for your year round use with multiple sports teams lets not let the facts get in the way of reality. This pitch compared to Allianz AAMI Suncorp is not getting anywhere near the traffic.

Not to mention as soon as the dog molesters are off in August the pitch should be constantly improving until they return to action in March. Why because grass ballet creates little impact on the surface that isn't repairable after a roll mow and water. For some reason this doesn't happen as the pitch gets worse as the Jets season goes on which is confounding as the conditions available should be at their best for the surface to be at its highest level of quality and the thing ONLY gets use once a fortnight for 90 mins.

As for the comments about the 15 year old clay base being the problem don't let the fancy words they use to describe things fool you. This is more important to rectify and improve drainage related issues and not actually growth of plant.

This pitch despite all its faults its drainage ain't that bad and the only time there are drainage issues is when games are played during heavy downpours. There are absolutely no issues with this pitch retaining water after adequate time for it to seep into the surface

We have no issues with the pitch being unplayable cause of rain days earlier like local sports fields have. The soil directly under the grass supports the grass growth not this sub clay base which is much lower they are blaming to divert the attention from their faults

How bad these blokes go is magnified by the efforts of NPL clubs volunteers who produce far superior surface pound for pound without any of the help and infrastructure these blokes have

Monster trucks > your argument.

hausmann
17-09-2014, 12:05 PM
Seriously, this is the best news for the pitch we could have hoped for.

q-money
17-09-2014, 12:23 PM
monster trucks go off

leftrightout
17-09-2014, 12:54 PM
monster trucks go off

They got confused when told they need a heavy roller!

northern_swan
17-09-2014, 03:09 PM

http://youtu.be/ETrfhSVHOtY

http://www.wembleystadium.com/Press/Press-Releases/2011/4/Desso-pitch-installed-at-Wembley.aspx

plague
17-09-2014, 03:35 PM
The Member has a point though.
I just got this footage from Chelsea's* website.

http://youtu.be/UgdBVTTV7OU

*or not.

la bazzle
17-09-2014, 07:06 PM
pico aka craftsman

winner

Blackmac79
18-09-2014, 10:26 AM

Calling bullshit...

Hybrid Grass

Almaty Central Stadium, Kazakhstan
Arena de Sao Paulo, Brazil
Arsenal FC Emirates Stadium, UK
Arsenal FC training academy, UK
AS Monaco FC Training Centre, France
Aston Villa, UK
AZ Alkmaar, the Netherlands
Burnley FC Turf Moor Stadium, UK
Cardiff City Stadium, UK
Donbass Arena, Ukraine
Feyenoord, the Netherlands
Grêmio, Brazil
Huddersfield Town & Giants, UK
Leigh Sports Village, UK
Liverpool FC, UK
Manchester City, UK
Mbombela Stadium, South Africa
Metalist Stadium, Ukraine
Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium, South Africa
Ocean Stadium, France
Panthessaliko Stadium, Greece
Peter Mokaba Stadium, South Africa
Royal Léopold Uccle FC, Belgium
RSC Anderlecht, Belgium
San Siro Stadium, Italy
Santos FC, Brazil
Singapore Sports Hub
St. George's Park, UK
Stade de la Beaujoire, France
Swansea FC, UK
Tottenham Hotspur WHL Stadium, UK
VfL Wolfsburg, Germany
Watford FC, UK
Wembley Stadium, UK

http://www.dessosports.com/sports/football/football-projects/tottenham-hotspur-whl-stadium-uk

And that is just one of many available brands of synthetic and hybrid grass providers and the stadiums they do.

There are more that do more gounds.

Blackmac79
18-09-2014, 10:27 AM
Also those with fully artificial grass from the same provider.

Artificial Grass

Al-Amirya Sports Centre, Iraq
Alemannia Aachen, Germany
Arga Stadium, Saudi Arabia
Buftea, Romania
Burnley FC Gawthorpe Training Grounds, UK
Can Boada FC, Spain
Cancha Antonio Valencia, Ecuador
Clamart, France
Club Tijuana, Mexico
Colorado Rapids, USA
Dallas FC, USA
Deportivo Saprissa, Costa Rica
Edenburg Sports Ground, South Africa
Eendracht Aalst, Belgium
Fåberg, Norway
FC Alvdal, Norway
FC Porto, Portugal
FIFA Goal Project, Guam
FIFA Goal Project, Madagascar
Gjövik Lyn, Norway
Hotel Arłamów, Poland
Huye Stadium, Rwanda
Høyanger, Norway
KKS Lech Poznań, Poland
Kralendijk Stadium, the Netherlands Antilles
Las Rozas, Spain
Leistungszentrum für Frauenfußball, Germany
LSK-Hallen, Norway
Lwandle Sports Complex, South Africa
Munic*pio de Esposende, Portugal
NFV Barsinghausen Sports Hotel, Germany
Nybergsund IL-Trysil, Norway
Olsa Brakel, Belgium
PSV Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Rabali Stadium, South Africa
Real Madrid, Spain
Schalker Sports Park, Germany
Sereowe Stadium, Botswana
Sint-Niklaas Institute, Belgium
Sogndal, Norway
Stade Bertin, France
Stoke City FC, UK
SV Zulte Waregem, Belgium
Tottenham Hotspur training academy, UK
Umeå, Sweden
Verbroedering Meldert, Belgium
Were Di Tilburg, the Netherlands
Zwelithema Sports Complex, South Africa

MFKS
18-09-2014, 11:24 AM
Blackmac call Bullshit all you like.

My statement was MOST clubs. My statement is factually correct MOST clubs have grass pitches and MOST clubs seed their pitch

On another note Kazakhstan Brazil Sth Africa Singapore Botswana Guam Madagascar etc are in what part of Europe???

belchardo
18-09-2014, 11:39 AM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_1JZJZrWEeqiVIlt7eDvljVCwAvGjC ItZnRRSFqdXI3EL_jPM (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=NOcuY06jnT7IGM&tbnid=81Y0R5OCm73OLM&ved=0CAgQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.quickmeme.com%2Fmeme%2F36eoia&ei=sTcaVLT0NIqm8AW99IGoAg&psig=AFQjCNFh6NpP_AyyjS133eklPcujEENO4w&ust=1411090737916305)

MFKS
18-09-2014, 11:50 AM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_1JZJZrWEeqiVIlt7eDvljVCwAvGjC ItZnRRSFqdXI3EL_jPM (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=NOcuY06jnT7IGM&tbnid=81Y0R5OCm73OLM&ved=0CAgQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.quickmeme.com%2Fmeme%2F36eoia&ei=sTcaVLT0NIqm8AW99IGoAg&psig=AFQjCNFh6NpP_AyyjS133eklPcujEENO4w&ust=1411090737916305)

How would it be backpedalling??
My original statement was

To reply to Pico

especially when you complain that in Europe they can grow a grass, yet most use the exact type of system that hunter stadium is getting.

Reading 101 would come in handy at times

Nou Camp
18-09-2014, 11:59 AM
Kazakhstan is considered both in Europe and Asia and are apart of UEFA....

MFKS
18-09-2014, 12:01 PM
Kazakhstan is considered both in Europe and Asia and are apart of UEFA....

I knew someone would pick that one up :wink:

plague
18-09-2014, 02:09 PM
Pfffffft. You blokes.
'sif Member is ever wrong.
Pull ya heads in.

Pico
12-10-2014, 09:38 PM
Good to see hunter venues truly values this new pitch.....

2015 Nitro Circus Live Regional Tour Schedule

Saturday, 21 March Newcastle Hunter Stadium

sammydog
12-10-2014, 09:50 PM
FFS, has nothing been learnt from the past?

Take it to the Showground.

Pretty sure the nitro circus rides on boards laid on the surface, but still can't believe they are going to do this to a pitch less than 6 months old.

Thomas477
12-10-2014, 10:37 PM
Well it sounds about right.

Win the comp, get the spoon the next year.

Get a billionaire owner, get A League rejects.

Get a new pitch, pitch gets ruined 6 months later.

And people wonder why I'm so pessimistic about this club. FFS.

furns
12-10-2014, 10:41 PM
You do realise this is Hunter Venues not the Jets right?

sammydog
12-10-2014, 10:45 PM

To be fair in this situation, the motocross has nothing to do with the Jets.

GazFish35
12-10-2014, 10:48 PM

Add to this....

Decisions not made by club, fans blame club.

Where's my pitch fork and paraffin torch?

Thomas477
13-10-2014, 08:04 AM
True, the club may not have control over it, but it still fits into our luck. As soon as we have something nice, it gets taken away.

belchardo
13-10-2014, 08:19 AM
Add to this....

Decisions not made by club, fans blame club.

Where's my pitch fork and paraffin torch?

it's bushfire season, best use a "paraffin torch" app on your phone. much safer.

Retro Jet
13-10-2014, 01:03 PM
Sun 29 Mar Newcastle Jets v Adelaide United Hunter Stadium 5:00PM

They've got 8 days to fix it! Will this be enuf??

The Dunster
13-10-2014, 01:31 PM
I'd like to at least see Middleby lay the smackdown on Hunter Venues with something along the lines of:

"It's unfair that our players are being penalised because they don't rape dogs and take a dump in hotel lobbies".

Grimario
13-10-2014, 01:36 PM
I'd like to at least see Middleby lay the smackdown on Hunter Venues with something along the lines of:

"It's unfair that our players are being penalised because they don't rape dogs and take a dump in hotel lobbies".

But that would be pointless because the rugby league bogans don't care how pockmarked the field is... it doesn't play havoc with their game the way it does ours.

hausmann
13-10-2014, 01:50 PM
It doesn't hurt to let Hunter Venues know we are watching their actions though, and get assurances from them that they understand how important a good pitch is to football. They should be able to tell us how they are managing this risk.

The concern I have is this:

Hunter Venues does not have the funds to re-turf the stadium. The only reason it is being done this time is partially through funds from the Asian Cup Local Committee (a once in a lifetime event). So if you don't have the funds, or are not guaranteed of getting the funds when you put your hand out to the State Government, why do you allow a once-off tenant to hire the ground and jeopardise your major asset?

Now, if Hunter Venues gets Nitro Circus to underwrite the replacement of the pitch, and has insurance coverage to hold them to it, and to pay compensation to the major tenants for any disruption, then fine. I can handle it if the pitch is screwed up by accident for a few months but the money is there to get it back to the way it was.

But if not, if they are just taking a gamble that the pitch will be okay in order to earn, what would it be, around $60k-$100k, compared to a replacement cost of over $1m, then their management style is little better than the previous "She'll be right" management of the stadium under the Knights. A management style that they have publicly criticised.

Contingency plans that I would like to see is that they know:
- that a replacement pitch or partial pitch is available if damage does occur
- that the funds to repair the pitch are guaranteed in some way
- that they have a plan for what to do if the pitch is damaged - how this will affect other tenants, mainly the Jets, in upcoming fixtures
- quite frankly from now on I would also like them to have a long term plan for pitch management too, with an assessment of useful life and money put aside for pitch replacement at the end of its useful life. Their assessment of useful life should be useful life for a football pitch, not a rugby league pitch.

It should not be that hard to get this information out of Hunter Venues before March 2015. They have time to develop risk management strategies if they are not already in place.

MFKS
02-11-2014, 03:21 PM
Being how useful we are and how useful they are at the stadium what price next weeks game is called off as the pitch ain't ready??

lquiquer
02-11-2014, 04:08 PM
Being how useful we are and how useful they are at the stadium what price next weeks game is called off as the pitch ain't ready??

Another trip to Port

WolfMan
02-11-2014, 05:58 PM
Still piles of dirt and machinery outside the Southern gates (nearest Hockey Fields)

Have no idea what the inside of the ground looks like though.

baldrick
02-11-2014, 06:18 PM

Be our best result for weeks.

baldrick
04-11-2014, 07:40 AM
So, they started laying the turf yesterday..

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2670736/jets-to-play-on-five-day-old-turf/?cs=306

THE new pitch at Hunter Stadium will have less than a week to settle, but the Newcastle Jets have been assured that there will be no player-safety issues at Hunter Stadium on Saturday night.

The process of laying the turf began on Monday and will continue on Tuesday after the original surface was ripped up more than seven weeks ago.

The Jets host Melbourne Victory in their first home game of the season on Saturday night and are expected to hold a training session at Turton Road on Friday to familiarise themselves with their new surrounds.

Hunter Venues general manager Bicci Henderson told the Newcastle Herald that there would be ‘‘no slippage’’ and that the turf was designed to be used almost immediately after being laid.

‘‘Its ready-to-play turf,’’ Henderson said. ‘‘These guys were down at ANZ Stadium doing stuff down there last week, they did the MCG a couple of weeks ago, and they’re experts in their field.

‘‘The turf is designed to be put down and you can virtually play on it that day or the next morning.

‘‘There are no concerns about the turf for Saturday.’’

Henderson said the rolls of turf, which are one metre wide by 10 metres long and will cover the 11,000-square-metre playing arena, had to wait for the previous playing surface to be removed and a drainage system installed.

‘‘It grows into its own plastic mesh, and that’s the thing that transports through,’’ he said.

‘‘Through that mesh the grass roots grow into our soil. It’s laid down with the plastic mesh built in ... and each roll is heavy, so they don’t move.

‘‘We’ll have a couple of days where we roll it and water it and the Jets will hopefully be able to have a bit of a kick-around on it on Friday.’’

He said that even though the pitch would be fit for play almost immediately, its condition would improve over time.

‘‘What you see on Saturday, it will be better than that by December, when it should be super-lush,’’ he said.

The returfing will cost the state government about $1.25million but became a priority when an annual poll of A-League skippers last season voted Hunter Stadium the worst pitch in the competition.

With Newcastle to host Asian Cup matches in January, it would have been potentially embarrassing to ask international players to compete on a substandard surface.

The turf was partially relaid after it was damaged by a motocross event in 2010.

Henderson said the new surface should last at least ‘‘five or six years’’.

‘‘That depends on the amount of usage,’’ he said. ‘‘We have around 25 games a year on it, which isn’t a lot, so if we manage it better than it’s been managed in the past, we might get a little bit longer out of it.’’

Jets chief executive Robbie Middleby said he was happy to be guided by the experts.

‘‘In our conversations with Hunter Venues, we’ve been assured that it will be right for Saturday night,’’ Middleby said. ‘‘I know the players are looking forward to training and playing on it, and I think our fans will appreciate a better standard of football.

‘‘If you’re playing on a good pitch, it brings out the best in both teams.’’

04-11-2014, 09:22 AM
We could be playing on ten new pitches and would still have trouble finding our best.

judge
04-11-2014, 10:02 AM
One less excuse, good pitch, no travel, longer turn around than victree, no travel, must mean a win saturday night.:bs:
We could be playing on ten new pitches and would still have trouble finding our best.

mervan
06-11-2014, 10:09 PM
FFA inspection

belchardo
08-11-2014, 09:02 PM
Pleasantly surprised by how well the pitch held up. Only saw one obvious divot (and it was a big one - eastern side of our attacking half in the second half). Very sandy and played a bit funny in a couple of places but looks like a massive improvement on our previous surface.

lquiquer
08-11-2014, 09:12 PM
Pleasantly surprised by how well the pitch held up. Only saw one obvious divot (and it was a big one - eastern side of our attacking half in the second half). Very sandy and played a bit funny in a couple of places but looks like a massive improvement on our previous surface.

Puddle inexistant today, divot and Hoole combining superbly

sammydog
08-11-2014, 09:25 PM

Two or three sizeable divots on the western site, pitch looked OK otherwise.

Bodes well for a decent playing surface until the nitro circus in march.

baldrick
08-11-2014, 09:39 PM
Puddle inexistant today, divot and Hoole combining superbly

RIP puddle

MFKS
08-11-2014, 10:02 PM
Lets call a spade a spade it is still piss poor that the thing was laid a day or two before the game. Looks promising for the future though but questions should still be asked as to why it was done so late cause the standard to me was still not up to scratch for todays game.

We deserve better.

sammydog
08-11-2014, 10:12 PM
Lets call a spade a spade it is still piss poor that the thing was laid a day or two before the game. Looks promising for the future though but questions should still be asked as to why it was done so late cause the standard to me was still not up to scratch for todays game.

We deserve better.

Same people managing the re-turfing that booked the motocross?

Not sure they give two tosses about the quality of the pitch.

plague
09-11-2014, 12:36 AM
divot and Hoole combining superbly

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u360/TheHappyPsychopath/triplehshovel.gif

pv4
11-11-2014, 01:27 PM
My nephew was meant to be playing half time heros at the game this upcoming friday but i've just heard they've cancelled it because they don't want the kids on the new turf yet.

It's been postponed till the F3 derby, so a couple of weeks.

Thought that'd interest everyone.

Couscous
11-11-2014, 05:52 PM
Thank you for that interesting titbit. I'll share widely.

Thomas477
11-11-2014, 06:16 PM
But they had kids on there last weekend. Taree and Dungog.

MFKS
11-11-2014, 06:50 PM
But they had kids on there last weekend. Taree and Dungog.

They were most likely blamed for the rolls tearing up in the second half and not the ground crews workmanship

GazFish35
11-11-2014, 07:08 PM
Kids from Taree have never seen grass. Taking that from them would have been like taking a bunch of kids from Bourke to the beach then not letting them in the surf.

pv4
11-11-2014, 09:59 PM
Hearing a little more tonight, apparently they want the sprinklers on it at half time

GazFish35
11-11-2014, 10:27 PM
That might be more help to Brisbane...... If they find their passing game.

Or do you mean in terms of a permanent thing and ditch the kids at half time?

MFKS
12-11-2014, 06:39 AM
Hearing a little more tonight, apparently they want the sprinklers on it at half time

Flood the pitch down the end we are attacking in the second half and bring back "the puddle"

pv4
12-11-2014, 07:11 AM
Flood the pitch down the end we are attacking in the second half and bring back "the puddle"

12th man innit

MFKS
12-11-2014, 07:14 AM
12th man innit

Man of the Match in his last appearance laying on two assists and is dropped and never seen since.

Hasn't been a more disgraceful decision in sport since the day Dizzy Gillespie made 201 no as a night watchman only to be dropped from the side next test and to also never play Test Cricket for Australia again

Footyhead
14-11-2014, 01:23 PM
Kids participating in the International Childrens Games will be on show at half time this evening, BUT they've been instructed not allowed on the turf so they don't tear it up... 13-14 year olds with sneakers, just walk carefully around the perimeter... LMFAO
Never mind the actual game and the players, what are they wearing, slippers ?
And never mind NitroCircus coming in March...

Premy
14-11-2014, 01:32 PM
More needs to be done to look after the surface. When I done the Anfield tour a few years back the ground staff were there, we were walking along the side of the pitch and the ground staff blew up to the max.

Jeterpool
14-11-2014, 02:10 PM
Was it Nitro Circus that tore it up last time, or Krusty Demons?

cobra23
14-11-2014, 02:14 PM
Was it Nitro Circus that tore it up last time, or Krusty Demons?

I think it was crusty demons..
but the fact of the matter is nothing should be on it... newcastle has brains up its ass

Jeterpool
14-11-2014, 02:28 PM
I think it was crusty demons..
but the fact of the matter is nothing should be on it... newcastle has brains up its ass

Don't disagree, but I was speaking with someone about this issue the other day who has no interest in football but used to work at these types of events. They said Demons use dirt tracks and ramps, where Nitro Circus don't. This might have a different impact, less or more, I'm not sure.