PDA

View Full Version : Round something or other - Jets v City - 23/3/2020 1930

belchardo
23-03-2020, 02:28 PM
Fox still advertising this match, so i guess at the moment it is still on.

Bon
23-03-2020, 02:31 PM
I can't wait for more overseas fans to stay up all night just to watch our game live, and then crack the sh!ts again...

The Dunster
23-03-2020, 02:45 PM
Could be the last ever A-League game played if it goes ahead.

boz-monaut
23-03-2020, 04:54 PM
Could be the last ever A-League game played if it goes ahead.
given that we played the first ever A League game this is quite appropriate

someone should wheel Carl Veart out for the occasion

Bon
23-03-2020, 06:22 PM

He was on the bench for Adelaide last week wasnt he?? (as in, as an assistant coach)

Jeterpool
23-03-2020, 08:16 PM
He was on the bench for Adelaide last week wasnt he?? (as in, as an assistant coach)

Yup

MFKS
23-03-2020, 08:27 PM

Border restrictions in South Australia will **** all that up

The Dunster
23-03-2020, 08:30 PM
Is it on? No pictures yet on Kayo

The Dunster
23-03-2020, 08:31 PM
Hang on here we go

The Dunster
23-03-2020, 08:34 PM
Metcalfe fitzgerald and ledley starting.
Burns pele and Wessi to the bench

The Hacker
23-03-2020, 08:56 PM
Sign Ledley for next year please

The Dunster
23-03-2020, 09:00 PM
Metcalfe didn"t take long to learn the Jets method of shooting.

Why did we sign him again?

The Dunster
23-03-2020, 09:01 PM
Sign Ledley for next year please

He's a class above for sure

StannyCFCJET
23-03-2020, 09:02 PM
Metcalfe didn"t take long to learn the Jets method of shooting.

Why did we sign him again?

You mean O toole and he's playing well

The Dunster
23-03-2020, 09:04 PM
You mean O toole and he's playing well
Cheers Stanny I did. Old age

StannyCFCJET
23-03-2020, 09:12 PM
Ledley looks like he should either start the game or not play at all. Hasn't look good off the bench but looks good today

The Dunster
23-03-2020, 09:19 PM
Ref is doing city a few favours and giving jets nothing

StannyCFCJET
23-03-2020, 09:19 PM
Ref is doing city a few favours and giving jets nothing

Disagree. Ref has been fair and consistent

The Dunster
23-03-2020, 09:20 PM
Fitsuseful svores

The Hacker
23-03-2020, 09:21 PM
Where in lockdown. Fitzgerald scoring. The worlds gone crazy

The Dunster
23-03-2020, 09:22 PM
Great ball from ledley to dimi then to fitzgerald. Nice finish and effort to get into space

Frodo
23-03-2020, 09:22 PM
Well, it's definitely the end of the world/league now. Fitzy just scored a goal. And it wasn't half bad either.

The Dunster
23-03-2020, 09:30 PM
FFA presser at 10am tomorrow.

Jeterpool
23-03-2020, 09:36 PM
I'm very interested in the Member's thoughts on Fitzy's goal

The Hacker
23-03-2020, 09:59 PM
Can we unpark the bus

Jeterpool
23-03-2020, 10:03 PM
That was terrible defending

However it's been coming

The Dunster
23-03-2020, 10:05 PM
Millar no idea how to defend or mark a player.

StannyCFCJET
23-03-2020, 10:06 PM

Happened all season, No left foot and cant defend but does the occasional good thing going forward so everyone raves about him

The Dunster
23-03-2020, 10:11 PM
Stannys man crush Ibini is playing very well.

The Hacker
23-03-2020, 10:13 PM
Wessi is a must for next season. If Ledley is a class above then Wessi is a different league

StannyCFCJET
23-03-2020, 10:14 PM

Man Crush? Nah Thats Stevie U all day every day.

Retro Jet
23-03-2020, 10:25 PM
A very interesting piece of Austrailan footballing history.
Glad I witnessed that...and happy for the win!

Frodo
23-03-2020, 10:28 PM

He did? What game was I watching? Cause we looked much poorer in attack when Roy went off. Luckily City refused to track back as a midfield most of the game.

Frodo
23-03-2020, 10:31 PM
O'Toole looked good enough for his first start of the season. Did the things that Millar needs to learn how to do in defence and wasn't poor in attack compared to Millar.

But, our defence was all over the shop for periods and City weren't great. So take his performance with a grain of salt I guess.

StannyCFCJET
23-03-2020, 10:32 PM
He did? What game was I watching? Cause we looked much poorer in attack when Roy went off. Luckily City refused to track back as a midfield most of the game.

Not the same game as everyone apparently

23-03-2020, 11:07 PM

Or pass a ball for that matter. Bloke is the worst passer of a ball in the League. If they can't get this part of his game sorted i would be looking to offload him. Can't defend and turns the ball over half a dozen times a half. I have no idea how he has got this far with his garbage defending and passing.

Couscous
24-03-2020, 12:21 AM
Second half was good to watch.

MFKS
24-03-2020, 01:53 AM
I'm very interested in the Member's thoughts on Fitzy's goal

If a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it .....Does it make a sound??

Until we can get some witnesses who were at the scene this allegation will be filed in the same category as those lies that Griff didn't score the winning goal in the Grand Final

24-03-2020, 02:22 AM
Fitzy's goal was a good one but therein lay the problem with this player, He does not and has not done it often enough hence why he has had so many clubs and has never established himself at any of them.

Jeterpool
24-03-2020, 07:06 AM
I have no idea how he has got this far with his garbage defending and passing.

He can run pretty fast

Couscous
24-03-2020, 09:08 AM
I have no idea how he has got this far with his garbage defending and passing.

When you say "this far", you mean ... from Gosford to here?

Jeterpool
24-03-2020, 10:36 AM
I must say I am enjoying the approach we have applied int he last few rounds. We are trying to have more of the ball and assert some dominance.

Yes, sometimes it's been a bit slow. Yes, sometimes we've struggled for ideas. But with an off-season I really look forward to what Robinson can have us achieve.

I thought O'Toole had a strong debut last night.

Ibini looks reaaaaaaally short of match fitness.

lil_masi
24-03-2020, 12:30 PM
I must say I am enjoying the approach we have applied int he last few rounds. We are trying to have more of the ball and assert some dominance.

Yes, sometimes it's been a bit slow. Yes, sometimes we've struggled for ideas. But with an off-season I really look forward to what Robinson can have us achieve.

Agree. I'm really liking our play. It's been so long since we've been able to string 3/4 passes together without losing it.

24-03-2020, 12:32 PM
When you say "this far", you mean ... from Gosford to here?

As in bloke should be back in NPL til he can learn to pass better than some snotty nosed child running around in U10's D Division. His errant passing is every frigg'n week. He completes more passes for the opposition than he does us.

Alton
24-03-2020, 01:46 PM

I would do everything to keep him

Jetkel
24-03-2020, 02:03 PM
If Dimi ever decides to take his blinkers off when he is dribbling he'd be some player. Some of the things he did with the ball last night were supreme... then the very next play he runs himself into a corner he can't get out of with 2 players free 10m to the right of him.

Mark325
24-03-2020, 02:23 PM
If Dimi ever decides to take his blinkers off when he is dribbling he'd be some player. Some of the things he did with the ball last night were supreme... then the very next play he runs himself into a corner he can't get out of with 2 players free 10m to the right of him.

I do think he's looking more refreshed under robinson, and players like ledley and wes bring out the best in him

The Dunster
24-03-2020, 04:07 PM
If you watch Millar all he's ever looking at is the player with the ball. You watch a player like Ledley and he's scanning everything from other players to free space - even the position of the referee.
All you need to do against Millar is hold the ball then have a player run into the space behind him - it's almost comical.

24-03-2020, 04:08 PM

Yep bloke has been playing like this since beginning of last season. Takes way too many touches more often than not hence why i posted a few days ago that maybe time both he and the club went separate ways.

The Dunster
24-03-2020, 04:11 PM
Yep bloke has been playing like this since beginning of last season. Takes way too many touches more often than not hence why i posted a few days ago that maybe time both he and the club went separate ways.

People expect to much from Dimi - have a look at his stats - the blokes one of the best players in the competition.
If he goes on the market every club will be falling over themselves to sign him for their starting 11.

Sure he takes the odd touch too many and his corners are pretty shit - but the things he does well more than compensate.

Frodo
24-03-2020, 04:39 PM
People expect to much from Dimi - have a look at his stats - the blokes one of the best players in the competition.
If he goes on the market every club will be falling over themselves to sign him for their starting 11.

Sure he takes the odd touch too many and his corners are pretty shit - but the things he does well more than compensate.

Having 2 up top has been his blessing this year. They deal with the 4 defenders and all he has to do is get the ball in between their midfield/defensive line and he's ready to dribble towards goal. His game has been simplified and it's been very good for everyone.

I'm still not in the "Dimi is da best" brigade, but he's looked much better behind Roy and someone else doing lots of work ahead of him and wingbacks giving us width.

Hunter403
24-03-2020, 05:41 PM

Dead on!

24-03-2020, 05:54 PM

Yeh nah. His form is certainly not what is was a couple of seasons ago but i am tipping his deal is no smaller. Given Sport is a business and not a benevolent society IMO its time to move him on and find the sort of player Dimi was a couple of seasons ago.

He had a fine game last night but he was putting those types of performances in week in week out a couple of seasons ago, Last night was his first decent game in how long ?.

Frodo
24-03-2020, 06:54 PM
Yeh nah. His form is certainly not what is was a couple of seasons ago but i am tipping his deal is no smaller. Given Sport is a business and not a benevolent society IMO its time to move him on and find the sort of player Dimi was a couple of seasons ago.

He had a fine game last night but he was putting those types of performances in week in week out a couple of seasons ago, Last night was his first decent game in how long ?.

We have the likes of Fitzgerald, Ibini, Millar and Hoffman to get rid of before we worry about Dimi. I'm all for moving him on, but we have bigger issues than him and as Dunster said, his numbers are good enough to justify his position right now. 8 assists in this squad is pretty good.

StannyCFCJET
24-03-2020, 07:36 PM
We have the likes of Fitzgerald, Ibini, Millar and Hoffman to get rid of before we worry about Dimi. I'm all for moving him on, but we have bigger issues than him and as Dunster said, his numbers are good enough to justify his position right now. 8 assists in this squad is pretty good.

Ibini should be kept if fit, Has made big impacts when subbed on

Frodo
24-03-2020, 07:58 PM
Ibini should be kept if fit, Has made big impacts when subbed on

He's looked way off the pace and running around aimlessly to me. It's to be expected given he hasn't played for a while, but he's going to want more money than he is worth given the contract he got knocked back for last time. He obviously has a long term injury as well. Rather sign an NPL player if we want a backup forward and spend the money on a new CB and resign Wessi.

StannyCFCJET
24-03-2020, 08:02 PM
He's looked way off the pace and running around aimlessly to me. It's to be expected given he hasn't played for a while, but he's going to want more money than he is worth given the contract he got knocked back for last time. He obviously has a long term injury as well. Rather sign an NPL player if we want a backup forward and spend the money on a new CB and resign Wessi.

Again what game are you watching. Sometimes the Gypo bias needs to come off

Frodo
24-03-2020, 09:10 PM
Again what game are you watching. Sometimes the Gypo bias needs to come off

Well, I think you are over excited and talking up his performances as much as I'm talking them down. Fitzgerald looked as good or better than him against City when he came on.
And considering the money I think Ibini will likely demand, we might be able to find better value elsewhere.

MFKS
24-03-2020, 09:20 PM
Well, I think you are over excited and talking up his performances as much as I'm talking them down. Fitzgerald looked as good or better than him against City when he came on.
And considering the money I think Ibini will likely demand, we might be able to find better value elsewhere.

It is a positive to me that we have currently 3 ****ing HAL starting standard strikers at the club

Exactly what the **** has been going on in the past when Roy had his suspension.and we had to rely on Hoff
Exactly what the **** has been going on earlier this season when Arroyo was out and we had Thurgate / Hoff up front

What a joy it is that we can actually sub on strikers and you don't feel we going backwards having them out there

If it means keeping Gypo Ibini so we have 3 strikers next season I am all for it

mic22
24-03-2020, 10:01 PM
What a joy it is that we can actually sub on strikers and you don't feel we going backwards having them out there

If it means keeping Gypo Ibini so we have 3 strikers next season I am all for it

Agreed, but Sheppard has been moved on, and I think Arroyo won't be here next year either.
So we're down to 2 strikers, one of which has a potential injury.
And the other one is O'donovan.

Still better than Hoff up front.

Bremsstrahlung
24-03-2020, 10:01 PM
Cmon membah, that’s enough sensible for one day.