PDA

View Full Version : Leeds United FC

boz-monaut
05-07-2020, 07:24 PM
anyone else following their drama filled run in to promotion/implosion?

with the Premier League long sorted, the race for promotion is where the excitement seems to be

and that's to not even mention Bielsa and the whole insanity

plus I think a lot of us Australians who aren't fans of Leeds have a soft spot after the Kewell and Viduka years

I really want to seem them go up, but don't think it'll happen - it wouldn't be Leeds to do it simply and easily and actually win games they should easily win

Jeterpool
06-07-2020, 08:13 AM
anyone else following their drama filled run in to promotion/implosion?

with the Premier League long sorted, the race for promotion is where the excitement seems to be

and that's to not even mention Bielsa and the whole insanity

plus I think a lot of us Australians who aren't fans of Leeds have a soft spot after the Kewell and Viduka years

I really want to seem them go up, but don't think it'll happen - it wouldn't be Leeds to do it simply and easily and actually win games they should easily win

10 more points will sort it for them. I reckon this time they'll have it sorted.

And like you say, there's a soft spot for them because they at one time had a class team. Always liked Ian Harte. Lucas Radebe, David Batty, Nigel Martyn were some iconic names while the likes of Rio Ferdinand got their big move from them (though his move from West Ham was big at the time too) and Robbie Keane got to join another of his boyhood clubs.

Never liked Alan Smith though. Such a punchable face

Jetmaster
06-07-2020, 01:22 PM
Look at this from their own pages...

Not getting my respect.

boz-monaut
06-07-2020, 02:37 PM
this is the beautiful mess that is Leeds

they've had Griffo wear their shirt, but spell his name wrong

they show they're capable of the greatest things, then manage to stuff it up somehow in new and interesting ways that no mere mortal could ever imagine

StannyCFCJET
06-07-2020, 04:35 PM
I'd love to have dirty Leeds back in the prem

Jetmaster
06-07-2020, 05:45 PM
First day back in the EPL....Bielsa leaves and they get Nigel Pearson in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYBj_qAJtRA

boz-monaut
16-07-2020, 10:03 PM
big game tomorrow- a win and they will at least equal Brentford on points for the automatic promotion place

so nailed on draw or loss coming up

also, **** Brentfords run of ten victories or some bullshit, who heard of these jerks

Jetmaster
17-07-2020, 08:49 AM
also, **** Brentfords run of ten victories or some bullshit, who heard of these jerks

Obviously a plastic fan!

The Killer Bees from West London, true club for those that don't want to ponce around with Chelsea or QPR

Only football ground in Britain with a pub on each corner (though they are building a new stadium).

Adam Griifiths was playing for them before he came to the Jets.

Had their very own Griff type legend, Lloyd Owusu, so celebrated he had a song written about him. Probably the best song of its type I've heard (always felt there should be a Griff version tbh - the first verse IS Griff).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpXzplXb2W4

Will be good to see a new club in the EPL. Though Leeds look ok now, West Brom might get the wobbles - sick of the sight of West Brom.

Jeterpool
17-07-2020, 08:53 AM
Owusu played for Adelaide as well, I believe. Sure I remember him playing a season at least for them.

Jetmaster
17-07-2020, 01:38 PM
Owusu played for Adelaide as well, I believe. Sure I remember him playing a season at least for them.

He did indeed - forgot all about that, well spotted! I'm sure he is on one of my Santo, Sam and Ed videos.

boz-monaut
17-07-2020, 05:23 PM
incredible run Brentford are having, and they seem to be doing a lot right at the moment, but in the context of this thread, **** them, **** them in the arse

boz-monaut
18-07-2020, 07:27 AM
promotion secured

Bielsa madness in the Premier League next season

Jeterpool
18-07-2020, 11:18 AM
Now for Brentford to overtake West Brom

Retro Jet
18-07-2020, 11:20 PM
Now for Brentford to overtake West Brom

Not if the Stoke has anything to do with it :rof:

Jetmaster
19-07-2020, 09:32 AM
Brentford Stoke Choke.

boz-monaut
21-07-2020, 08:16 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2020/jul/21/david-squires-on-leeds-leeds-leeds-being-back-in-the-premier-league

this should probably be in the Squires thread but it also belongs here