PDA

View Full Version : Newy & HV hotspots

furns
24-09-2020, 05:54 PM
thread to discuss the great stuff in and around Newy and the valley. Seeing as we don't get to go anywhere for the time being, I thought it a great way for people to recommend places to go and things to do in lieu of travelling.

Anything from restaurants to scenic lookouts to cycling tracks, where do you want to go or where have you been that was great?

Personally Ive been going around some of the restaurants in the wineries since Ive been back and been really impressed with the variety and quality, well on par with the pricey offerings in Sydneys CBD.
Highlights have been Baume and Lillino's.

Have seen local press about the Rum Diary Bar on Hunter St which opens this Friday. Will be keen to check it out, and hear from anyone who gets along to see what they think.

The Dunster
25-09-2020, 10:49 AM
Starline Alpacas at 1100 Milbrodale Rd, Broke NSW 2330

Costs $10 for a bag of feed and you can go feed the alpacas and take pics with them.

furns
25-09-2020, 10:50 AM
Starline Alpacas at 1100 Milbrodale Rd, Broke NSW 2330

Costs $10 for a bag of feed and you can go feed the alpacas and take pics with them.Sounds like a good school holiday activity with the kids. Mine are teens, a bit old for that though.

The Dunster
26-09-2020, 10:09 AM
Sounds like a good school holiday activity with the kids. Mine are teens, a bit old for that though.

You are never too old to hang out with alpacas.

furns
28-09-2020, 02:01 AM
You are never too old to hang out with alpacas.Already got a Zoo visit booked in so Im sure they will have alpacas haha

pv4
28-09-2020, 04:25 PM
So much awesome hiking to do locally. Get the whole family on the trails and hike the Great North Walk, taking on a section at a time.