Toronto
West Wallsend
Kahibah
Belswans
Cessnock
Southy
Thornton
Wallsend

I'm hearing Cooks Hill have made some significant signings that should see them easily win the comp.

Barry Dawson
15-01-2021, 01:15 PM
Nothing assured - Jaffa’s made some excellent signings and didn’t guarantee the comp

The Hacker
15-01-2021, 05:35 PM
I'm hearing Cooks Hill have made some significant signings that should see them easily win the comp.

Such as

GO AWAY
18-01-2021, 02:46 PM
2nd Annual Darren Stewart Cup Will be played February 13 at 2pm at
Lyall Peacock Oval

Toronto Awaba v Apia Leichhardt 20s

Following the cup there will be a game between
Broadmeadow Magic v Apia Leichhardt
Commencing at 4pm

Entry is gold coin donation To go towards beyond blue.

Should be a good day,

mge61
08-02-2021, 12:54 PM
Cookers 4-2 v Hamilton Azzurri

Football lover
15-02-2021, 10:56 AM

How is west Wallsend looking with Sillsy out there this yr? Also heard Tye jones will miss 6 weeks due to suspension so could impact them? Have they signed any players?

The Hacker
15-02-2021, 11:09 AM
Heard Kahibah and Dudley had a 2-2 draw and the team in green were lucky the keeper had a decent day otherwise it may have been 3 or 4

Hurricane
15-02-2021, 12:40 PM
How is west Wallsend looking with Sillsy out there this yr? Also heard Tye jones will miss 6 weeks due to suspension so could impact them? Have they signed any players?

They were beaten 8.0 by Maitland last weekend

GO AWAY
15-02-2021, 02:13 PM
Apia 20s 5 Toronto Awaba 4
Magic 3 Apia 0

Great first hit out, boys a bit under done in the end and ran out of legs being their first real hit out. Fair few first graders out as well...Great day for Darren Stewart Cup. Bartv, Toronto Awaba, Magic and Apia need congratulating on a great day.

Hunter403
15-02-2021, 02:34 PM
Heard Kahibah and Dudley had a 2-2 draw and the team in green were lucky the keeper had a decent day otherwise it may have been 3 or 4

Bucketing rain and Kahibah without a number of first graders.

Hunter403
15-02-2021, 02:35 PM
Better change the name of this thread now it is HIT Northern League 1.

boz-monaut
15-02-2021, 05:03 PM
done

Bilbo_Baggins
17-02-2021, 10:40 AM
Belswans 3 Maitland 2 last night at Blacksmiths

Hurricane
17-02-2021, 03:28 PM
Belswans 3 Maitland 2 last night at Blacksmiths

Belswans played Maitland reserve grade. But a good win nonetheless.
Maitland first grade play Lake Macquarie tomorrow night

GO AWAY
23-02-2021, 08:43 AM
The old local derby is on this Saturday night at Noel Fishburn Oval Rathmines.

Toronto Awaba v Westlakes
U18 - 2-30
Res- 4-15
1st - 6pm

Playing for the John Beguin Shield

Barry Dawson
23-02-2021, 11:59 AM
New Lambton played Valentine last night
Reserves - 4-0 NL
First - 0-0

Walker
23-02-2021, 03:17 PM
New Lambton played Valentine last night
Reserves - 4-0 NL
First - 0-0

Just wondering if Tanch managed to bring many new players to the club ??

magician
23-02-2021, 04:38 PM
Just wondering if Tanch managed to bring many new players to the club ??
Tanch is at Cooks Hill isn’t he

Walker
23-02-2021, 06:13 PM
Tanch is at Cooks Hill isn’t he

Sure is

Alton
24-02-2021, 04:08 PM
Any update on the Gunners FR?

ForeverRed
24-02-2021, 04:28 PM
Any update on the Gunners FR?
Looking the goods

The Hacker
24-02-2021, 05:37 PM
Looking the goods

I hear a few players have gone to Cardiff and Suns in ZPL

Alton
24-02-2021, 05:49 PM

Well how can they be looking good?

Hurricane
24-02-2021, 11:58 PM
Maitland 8 Kahibah 0

Goatscheese
25-02-2021, 11:06 PM
Heard Cooks Hill played Mayfield Juniors today, anyone know the result?

Jardelsimage
26-02-2021, 06:51 AM
sure it wasnt ZPL cookers playing Mayfield

Football lover
26-02-2021, 10:18 PM
sure it wasnt ZPL cookers playing Mayfield

Tomorrow is a special day out at Barnsley. West Wallsend and Barnsley are playing For the Finley Cairney cup. A man who sadly lost his battle against cancer in 2017 so if people arnt busy tomorrow get out to barnsley watch some football have a few tins and remember a wonderful man who is missed by all games are at 1245 & 230

Goatscheese
26-02-2021, 11:49 PM

And a few to other NewFM sides. Bit of discontent with the 1st grade coach so they walked.

ForeverRed
27-02-2021, 10:57 AM
And a few to other NewFM sides. Bit of discontent with the 1st grade coach so they walked.
😂😂😂

GO AWAY
27-02-2021, 11:15 AM
Toronto Awaba v Westlakes still on today

U18 2-30
Res 4-15
John Beguin Shield 6pm

Noel Fishburn Oval

GO AWAY
28-02-2021, 08:45 AM
Toronto Awaba 3 Westlakes 1

Good tough trial, Westlakes should have a good year. One stupid challenge ruined a good game, but typical local derby I suppose

The Hacker
28-02-2021, 10:02 AM
Dudley 2 Defeated Belswans 1 in the John Harper Cup. Belswans got a real late goal. I know it’s preseason but Swans don’t look as strong as past years.

Jim
13-03-2021, 09:33 AM
In the HIT youth, 13s 15s 16s have 2 teams with a bye on each week. Thats a lot of missed comp football. NIAS has 1 14s team.

Not finger pointing but as a whole, we should be better than this.

Hunter403
13-03-2021, 12:42 PM
In the HIT youth, 13s 15s 16s have 2 teams with a bye on each week. Thats a lot of missed comp football. NIAS has 1 14s team.

Not finger pointing but as a whole, we should be better than this.

This might have been avoided if NNSW had come down harder on the clubs that failed to field teams in youth grades in the last few years.

Northern League rules require clubs to field teams or risk being excluded from all grades. Seriously, boot the clubs that fail to field teams down to ZL. Run 3 rounds. Invite Zone League clubs to step up. Don't care but fix this embarrassment.

And while we are at it, call this league NPL2. Adds to the credibility of the comp. Forget this ground criteria bs: they clearly do in Sydney.

Barry Dawson
13-03-2021, 02:40 PM
Cannot agree more.

Clubs have gotten away with repeatedly, year upon year. NNSW wouldn’t let this happen in NPL - don’t disrespect the second division by accepting less. No promotion opportunities. No relegation for those who cannot fulfil the most of requirements. Is Hit NL1 anymore than a holding space for clubs who want to do the right thing and a payday for NNSW each year?

Onyatoes
13-03-2021, 03:39 PM
Cannot agree more.

Clubs have gotten away with repeatedly, year upon year. NNSW wouldnÂ’t let this happen in NPL - donÂ’t disrespect the second division by accepting less. No promotion opportunities. No relegation for those who cannot fulfil the most of requirements. Is Hit NL1 anymore than a holding space for clubs who want to do the right thing and a payday for NNSW each year?
I think my ban has ended? Here it comes again....Why doesn't Northern de couple Youth football? Let the Competitive NL1 Youth teams play NPL, (NPL mid tier clubs evenly matched with Cooks Hill, Belswans, Southy and New Lambton). Give the NL1 clubs who cannot field competitive Youth teams a lifeline to drop Youth teams and let good ZPL clubs like Mayfield, Dudley and Cardiff City come up with 1st Res and 18s. Leave it as a NL1 but create promotion and relegation but only clubs with Youth, a healthy balance sheet and suitable corporate structure can be considered if they finish 1st. I agree ground criteria is a farce. There are only 2 "stadiums" in Newcastle. Northern have literally done nothing over 4 years except hit these poorly run NL1 clubs with a tissue. Demographics has nothing to do with poor planning. All Northern care about is their average NPL where good NL1 Senior and Youth sides match mid table NPL programs or beat them. Really the Senior NPL should head straight to the Semis and invite Edgey, Magic, Jaffas and Maitland. The rest can plan for their endo. Northern are ignorant to what is happening around them. As usual. Parents send their kids off to follow NPL dreams at average programs with $1700 in their hand to pay Senior wages only to exit stage left as soon as little Johnny is getting hammered week to week. Kahibah recently swept an NPL club in Youth, Belswans 18s and New Lambton 18s beat NPL 18s teams easily. There is nothing "Premier" about it at all. There is a quick fix that makes so much sense. Northern are too docile to see it or too arrogant to care.

KITZ
13-03-2021, 05:55 PM
I think my ban has ended? Here it comes again....Why doesn't Northern de couple Youth football? Let the Competitive NL1 Youth teams play NPL, (NPL mid tier clubs evenly matched with Cooks Hill, Belswans, Southy and New Lambton). Give the NL1 clubs who cannot field competitive Youth teams a lifeline to drop Youth teams and let good ZPL clubs like Mayfield, Dudley and Cardiff City come up with 1st Res and 18s. Leave it as a NL1 but create promotion and relegation but only clubs with Youth, a healthy balance sheet and suitable corporate structure can be considered if they finish 1st. I agree ground criteria is a farce. There are only 2 "stadiums" in Newcastle. Northern have literally done nothing over 4 years except hit these poorly run NL1 clubs with a tissue. Demographics has nothing to do with poor planning. All Northern care about is their average NPL where good NL1 Senior and Youth sides match mid table NPL programs or beat them. Really the Senior NPL should head straight to the Semis and invite Edgey, Magic, Jaffas and Maitland. The rest can plan for their endo. Northern are ignorant to what is happening around them. As usual. Parents send their kids off to follow NPL dreams at average programs with $1700 in their hand to pay Senior wages only to exit stage left as soon as little Johnny is getting hammered week to week. Kahibah recently swept an NPL club in Youth, Belswans 18s and New Lambton 18s beat NPL 18s teams easily. There is nothing "Premier" about it at all. There is a quick fix that makes so much sense. Northern are too docile to see it or too arrogant to care.

Not even remotely true. Wouldn’t want my kid playing against newfm teams, they don’t beat nearly all of the NPL teams except ones that have have big movement during the off-season and the game is more hacking and bad football, with kids who genuinely go out to hurt the other team when they can’t match the NPL kids. No thanks.

BS detecor
13-03-2021, 08:57 PM
Not even remotely true. Wouldn’t want my kid playing against newfm teams, they don’t beat nearly all of the NPL teams except ones that have have big movement during the off-season and the game is more hacking and bad football, with kids who genuinely go out to hurt the other team when they can’t match the NPL kids. No thanks.

You could say that about half the NPL comp too

Bremsstrahlung
13-03-2021, 09:20 PM
The interesting point raised for mine is, what have NPL clubs done in the last 5 years (or however long) to justify their existence in the top league.
On the flip sides, what clubs have used the last 5 years to build their HIT clubs to be “NPL” standard?

Has the no relegation/promotion had its desired effect?

BS detecor
13-03-2021, 10:45 PM
The interesting point raised for mine is, what have NPL clubs done in the last 5 years (or however long) to justify their existence in the top league.
On the flip sides, what clubs have used the last 5 years to build their HIT clubs to be “NPL” standard?

Has the no relegation/promotion had its desired effect?

The jets moved to Sydney. Not an instant hit because of politics, but in the long run the best outcome for the cream of the nnsw crop

Goatscheese
14-03-2021, 10:04 PM

You started off with a good point and by the end of it was talking shit

Hunter403
15-03-2021, 02:44 PM

As somone that has coached NPL and NL1 (and still does) I can categorically state that this is bs. I have witnessed far more hacking in NPL than NL1. In fact, i don't believe that I have encountered a single team in NL1 that hacks. Is the football bad? At times, yes, and that is no different to the NPL. The players in NL1 are doing their best. Do NL1 sides hack NPL sides in trials? Not ones I coach and I have never heard NPL coaches complaining about it. If they were unhappy with the way their teams were treated by NL1 teams, trials between them would have stopped long ago.

Goatscheese
15-03-2021, 08:43 PM
As somone that has coached NPL and NL1 (and still does) I can categorically state that this is bs. I have witnessed far more hacking in NPL than NL1. In fact, i don't believe that I have encountered a single team in NL1 that hacks. Is the football bad? At times, yes, and that is no different to the NPL. The players in NL1 are doing their best. Do NL1 sides hack NPL sides in trials? Not ones I coach and I have never heard NPL coaches complaining about it. If they were unhappy with the way their teams were treated by NL1 teams, trials between them would have stopped long ago.

I watched a trail between an NL1 youth team and an NPL youth team. The hacking and dirty play came from the NPL team once the NL1 team went a goal up.

Onyatoes
20-03-2021, 05:42 PM
Not even remotely true. Wouldn’t want my kid playing against newfm teams, they don’t beat nearly all of the NPL teams except ones that have have big movement during the off-season and the game is more hacking and bad football, with kids who genuinely go out to hurt the other team when they can’t match the NPL kids. No thanks.Match NPL kids? You are blowing smoke up bums there which is half the problem. The NPL Youth has one or two teams in each grade that you would call quality and the rest is on par with better NL1 sides. De couple it all now. There is a massive gap in NPL and NL1 has the same gaps with some clubs making up numbers or folding. Loads of kids in NL1 with NPL and even Jets resumes. Retained by NPL clubs but their eyes and their parents eyes were opened by NPL clubs draining cash year on year to pay wages in 1st grade whilst treating Youth with disrespect. Pre season fact check. NL 18s 4 - Weston 18s 2. (Basically NL's 16s from 2020).

Retro Jet
21-03-2021, 11:37 AM
No.2 Sportsground

Cooks Hill v Thornton.
All Snr grades washed out.
Funny that...

Just a general fyi for NL1 punters, Athfield out till 1st May due to recent irrigation works.
1 off Cup game scheduled mid April the exception.

Aegon
21-03-2021, 12:37 PM
Pre season fact check. NL 18s 4 - Weston 18s 2. (Basically NL's 16s from 2020).

Your example is an undefeated grand final winning NL1 team up against a team that was one of the worst in the NPL competition last year. Not surprising. Also not a good indicator of overall competition strength at either level.

Hotline
21-03-2021, 02:08 PM
New Lambton vs Singleton @ LMRFF
1st: 3-1
Res: 3-0
18's: 3-0

Goatscheese
21-03-2021, 08:57 PM
Your example is an undefeated grand final winning NL1 team up against a team that was one of the worst in the NPL competition last year. Not surprising. Also not a good indicator of overall competition strength at either level.

This is proving his point

Jim
21-03-2021, 09:33 PM
Just decouple the youth grades from the seniors and have promotion relegation of 2 teams each year.

Instant relegation last NPL and promotion top NPL1. Then have a playoff between 2nd last NPL and 2nd NPL1.

Rewards investment into youth teams.

Onyatoes
26-03-2021, 12:51 AM
Just decouple the youth grades from the seniors and have promotion relegation of 2 teams each year.

Instant relegation last NPL and promotion top NPL1. Then have a playoff between 2nd last NPL and 2nd NPL1.

Rewards investment into youth teams.

Not a bad idea and at least rewards effort and investment. Round 2 is due and NL1 U 15s is still to be decided. 2 BYES for New Lambton 15s to start the season and NNSWF have done zero. No communication to parents. No new draw. Instead we get some pissant Season Launch at a Jets game and the first thing the CEO talks about is how much money they managed to make despite Covid. Classy. Then we get a promise from one of the foot soldiers that next year will be strict? Next year? It's been happening for 3. You can guarantee more teams will bail out before the season ends. Singleton 14s, beaten 11-0 Rnd 1, poor kids...... NNSWF is ineptitude of the highest degree.

Aegon
26-03-2021, 11:10 AM
Not a bad idea and at least rewards effort and investment. Round 2 is due and NL1 U 15s is still to be decided. 2 BYES for New Lambton 15s to start the season and NNSWF have done zero. No communication to parents. No new draw. Instead we get some pissant Season Launch at a Jets game and the first thing the CEO talks about is how much money they managed to make despite Covid. Classy. Then we get a promise from one of the foot soldiers that next year will be strict? Next year? It's been happening for 3. You can guarantee more teams will bail out before the season ends. Singleton 14s, beaten 11-0 Rnd 1, poor kids...... NNSWF is ineptitude of the highest degree.

So Singleton, NIAS & Toronto couldn't field teams in all grades? And I'm assuming NNSWF intention is just to dish out punishment on those who can't field teams.
Not sure what that incentivizes? If you just throw kids out there to make up a team they are going to get smashed every week which is no good for anyone involved.

I like Jim's suggestion above- de-couple the youth from the Seniors.

It's not like they have days where the grades all play back to back. The competition scheduling splits them all up anyway. With teams such as NIAS, FNC and MNC only competing in U13's to U16's anyway it's easy to justify

Wouldn't this allow for more pro/rel options with ZFL as well?

If say Cardiff, Dudley, Azzurri or Suns win the comp, they'll have 1st and reserves sorted. They'll just need to work on getting an Under 18's team to be ready for NL1.

Onyatoes
27-03-2021, 06:48 PM
So Singleton, NIAS & Toronto couldn't field teams in all grades? And I'm assuming NNSWF intention is just to dish out punishment on those who can't field teams.
Not sure what that incentivizes? If you just throw kids out there to make up a team they are going to get smashed every week which is no good for anyone involved.

I like Jim's suggestion above- de-couple the youth from the Seniors.

It's not like they have days where the grades all play back to back. The competition scheduling splits them all up anyway. With teams such as NIAS, FNC and MNC only competing in U13's to U16's anyway it's easy to justify

Wouldn't this allow for more pro/rel options with ZFL as well?

If say Cardiff, Dudley, Azzurri or Suns win the comp, they'll have 1st and reserves sorted. They'll just need to work on getting an Under 18's team to be ready for NL1. Absolutely. So easy.

Hotline
10-04-2021, 11:08 PM
Thornton vs New Lambton
1st: 1-3
Res: 2-2
18s: 0-4

Retro Jet
11-04-2021, 10:20 PM
Sth Cardiff v Cooks Hill
Ulinga Oval

16s 2-4
18s 1-3
Res 0-3
1st 1-6 (1-4)
N Mac came off towards end of 2nd half with a knee injury. ACL?
All the best Nath...

13s, 14s and 15s then played concurrently after 1st grade
(2nd field deemed unplayable today)
13s 2 all
14s 1-5
15's 0-1 after 15? last I heard from our 14s coach departing the complex.

rod
18-04-2021, 08:06 PM
Cookers 11-0 Cessnock :0

Retro Jet
18-04-2021, 08:13 PM
Cookers 11-0 Cessnock :0

That was 1st grade.
Weekend at Turner panned out:-
Sat
13s 0-6
14s 1-2
15s 3-1
16s 1 all

Sun
18s 1-4
Res 0-1
1st 0-11

Not Maradona
18-04-2021, 09:11 PM
That first grade score is insane. The other senior grades in comparison are bit off

I hope Cookers don’t get lost in the quest for NPL and forget all other grades and development of future players. They are so much better than that as a club.

They've taken 35 points from a possible 42 in two rounds, hardly forgetting the other grades

Goatscheese
19-04-2021, 10:37 AM
1st 0-11

That's an unbelievable score line

Similar to BelSwans destroying South Cardiff yesterday. Southy seems to have kept with a dud coach that didn't do much the year before with them and are now paying a heavy price

GashArmy
19-04-2021, 10:55 AM
Cookers rolling along nicely, noticed Kahibah have not yet won a game, Andre doing well at Belswans, good move for him

Hunter403
24-04-2021, 10:52 PM
Southy coach gone

boz-monaut
25-04-2021, 07:35 PM
First grade result
Swansea Belmont 1 Cooks Hill United 2

Retro Jet
25-04-2021, 08:52 PM
First grade result
Swansea Belmont 1 Cooks Hill United 2

1st 1-2 (1-0)
Res 0-1 (0-0?)
18s 3-4 (3-1)

Yday
16s 1 all
15s 2-1
14s 0-1
13s 3-2

Goatscheese
25-04-2021, 09:24 PM
Southy coach gone

After his performance last season and the mass player exodus because he was staying on they should have moved him on at the end of last season.

Have the named a replacement yet? How did they go today?

GashArmy
25-04-2021, 09:29 PM
After his performance last season and the mass player exodus because he was staying on they should have moved him on at the end of last season.

Have the named a replacement yet? How did they go today?

I hear they are looking around at present as a few club members are away, heard they are scooping NPL reserve coaches plus assistant coaches to first grade?

Apparently have approached bails at Edgeworth

Who else is out there?

Not Maradona
25-04-2021, 09:47 PM
1st 1-2 (1-0)
Res 0-1 (0-0?)
18s 3-4 (3-1)

Yday
16s 1 all
15s 2-1
14s 0-1
13s 3-2

Res HT was 0-1
18s HT was 2-1

Hunter403
25-04-2021, 11:28 PM
I hear they are looking around at present as a few club members are away, heard they are scooping NPL reserve coaches plus assistant coaches to first grade?

Apparently have approached bails at Edgeworth

Who else is out there?

Probably rehash someone with a history somewhere else. Could be brave and try a newby...

Bremsstrahlung
26-04-2021, 08:23 AM
Probably rehash someone with a history somewhere else. Could be brave and try a newby...

May as well give somebody a go. Nothing to lose, no relegation to worry about.
That being said, they’ve tried the Dennis faj experiment, they gave Greg Asquith a shot after some promising years in youth. It’s never really worked out.
Imo, somebody with experience playing for the club or against the club over the years is needed to get back their mojo. Never really had a range of top range players, always made up for it with effort and fight. Rarely had an easy game v Southy. Seems that’s a scarce commodity these days.

Which Baillie brother is infamous for his expletive use?

GashArmy
26-04-2021, 08:26 AM

100% agree with you, too many clubs use the recycled coaches from somewhere else, maybe Slade from singleton?

Otherwise look at reserve grade coaches from the same comp who’ve done well? Kahibah reserves have done well? NL?

Otherwise go with a NPL assistant coach who must be wanting a crack somewhere themselves?

Goatscheese
26-04-2021, 12:37 PM
May as well give somebody a go. Nothing to lose, no relegation to worry about.
That being said, they’ve tried the Dennis faj experiment, they gave Greg Asquith a shot after some promising years in youth. It’s never really worked out.
Imo, somebody with experience playing for the club or against the club over the years is needed to get back their mojo. Never really had a range of top range players, always made up for it with effort and fight. Rarely had an easy game v Southy. Seems that’s a scarce commodity these days.

Which Baillie brother is infamous for his expletive use?

At least Faj got them into the finals for the first time since they were relegated.

Will be difficult find a coach this late, if they had done it end of last season would be more coaches available most would generally be happy where there are at least for the rest the year.

The Postman
26-04-2021, 11:22 PM
D-Mac on his way back to Awaba to replace Piggo, you heard it hear first.

Also heard on the grapevine that NNSW will be enforcing a stricter facility criteria next season, I hope they enforce it as strongly as they have with several clubs not fielding all required Youth Teams...

BP Super Dynamos
27-04-2021, 12:05 AM

Also heard on the grapevine that NNSW will be enforcing a stricter facility criteria next season, I hope they enforce it as strongly as they have with several clubs not fielding all required Youth Teams...

I sincerely hope not. D-Mac has done nothing but drag his bunch of merry men from club to club achieving nothing. Time this bloke rode off into the sunset.

Homer7654
27-04-2021, 01:06 AM

There is surely no way that stags will take back D-Mac. Their whole rebuilding process last season was to recover from the horror show that D-Mac had when he was in charge of stags. I guess they are back to those ways though this season.

GO AWAY
27-04-2021, 12:55 PM
[QUOTE=The Postman;246852]D-Mac on his way back to Awaba to replace Piggo, you heard it hear first.

Also heard on the grapevine that NNSW will be enforcing a stricter facility criteria next season, I hope they enforce it as strongly as they have with several clubs not fielding all required

Where are you drumming this shit up from ? As in your first quote

Goatscheese
27-04-2021, 02:06 PM

For them to go back to the bottom like they were when he left?

GashArmy
27-04-2021, 02:06 PM
[QUOTE=The Postman;246852]D-Mac on his way back to Awaba to replace Piggo, you heard it hear first.

Also heard on the grapevine that NNSW will be enforcing a stricter facility criteria next season, I hope they enforce it as strongly as they have with several clubs not fielding all required

Where are you drumming this shit up from ? As in your first quote

I have heard Scott Bails will be returning? Thoughts on this?

GO AWAY
28-04-2021, 11:23 AM
[QUOTE=GO AWAY;246888]

Oh please ..... and covid 19 is man made

Alton
28-04-2021, 03:11 PM
[QUOTE=GO AWAY;246888]

When was he at Southy?

Hotline
02-05-2021, 02:26 PM
Cooks Hill vs New Lambton
1st: 1-5
Res: 2-0
18s: 1-3

In 1sts cookers had a player sent off after about 15 mins for denying a goal scoring opportunity. It was a tough, debatable call. The eagles were ruthless from then on scoring 4 in the next 20 or so mins and took that lead to halftime.

The second half was mostly going through the motions, cookers adapting well and creating some good chances. Overall, the early red had a large influence on the contest, but cookers did not react/adapt well at all after going down to 10 men in the first half.

GO AWAY
02-05-2021, 06:41 PM
Toronto Awaba 2
South Cardiff 1

Hurricane
02-05-2021, 09:01 PM
Toronto Awaba 2
South Cardiff 1

Battle for the wooden spoon ?
Who is coaching South Cardiff now

Hunter403
03-05-2021, 12:59 PM

Geoff Allen. Damn good bloke.

Hotline
03-05-2021, 01:56 PM
Geoff Allen. Damn good bloke.

👍

GashArmy
04-05-2021, 11:22 AM

Battle of the spoon?

Throwing Kahibah into the mix?

SuperFish
08-05-2021, 08:16 PM
Battle of the spoon?

Throwing Kahibah into the mix?

Kahibah 4-0 over Southy. Just give them the spoon now

Hurricane
08-05-2021, 11:29 PM
Toronto 1 Cooks Hill 1.
A bad 7 days for the Cookers

GO AWAY
09-05-2021, 07:43 AM
Toronto 1 Cooks Hill 1.
A bad 7 days for the Cookers

Don’t take nothing away from Awaba , they played great.

Onyatoes
09-05-2021, 11:51 AM
New Lambton vs Belswans
1st: 1-1
Res: 1-0
18s: 1-3

Good tight tussle in firsts. Both teams defended quite well and made it difficult for the other team to play. Both a bit disappointed with a point, but probably a fair result in the end. 18s 3-1 NL.

Hotline
09-05-2021, 12:27 PM
18s 3-1 NL.

My bad, thanks mate.

Hotline
09-05-2021, 12:32 PM
Oops accidentally deleted my post...

New Lambton vs Belswans
1st: 1-1
Res: 1-0
18s: 3-1

Good tight tussle in firsts. Both teams defended quite well and made it difficult for the other team to play. Both a bit disappointed with a point, but probably a fair result in the end.

Hunter403
16-05-2021, 12:24 PM
Good match Cookers v Kahibah. Kahibah really gave them a run for it. With the money Cookers have spent this year, they should have won easily.

Hotline
16-05-2021, 12:40 PM
New Lambton vs Cessnock
1sts: 5-0
Res: 2-1
18s: 4-0?

Could've been a bloodbath in 1sts, plenty of missed chances. But overall a good day for the Eagles.

Onyatoes
31-05-2021, 11:09 AM
Good match Cookers v Kahibah. Kahibah really gave them a run for it. With the money Cookers have spent this year, they should have won easily. What's the story with Kahibah? From 13s to 1st they are 3rd, 8th, 7th, 6th, 2nd, 4th and 9th in first grade. For a club that dominated this league for a while and I think it was 2 years ago that they had 4 Youth teams in GFs? Since Gumprecht left they seem to have gone backwards and slipping further. Just not the same quality on and off the park. Miles away from Belswans, New Lambton and Cooks Hill now if seeking promotion.

Johnno
31-05-2021, 11:59 PM
Money talks and they have lost most of it $20K a year to Gumps alone.

Hunter403
01-06-2021, 09:01 AM
What's the story with Kahibah? From 13s to 1st they are 3rd, 8th, 7th, 6th, 2nd, 4th and 9th in first grade. For a club that dominated this league for a while and I think it was 2 years ago that they had 4 Youth teams in GFs? Since Gumprecht left they seem to have gone backwards and slipping further. Just not the same quality on and off the park. Miles away from Belswans, New Lambton and Cooks Hill now if seeking promotion.

Overall, 3 grades in the top four out of 7 is not too bad. 2 mid table and 2 lower table. Not all doom and gloom really.

Youth grades are hardly a barometer for a club. I would think that if you analysed all clubs they would have a pretty varied range of table positions from u13 to u16.

Senior grades are a better gauge. In the case of Kahibah, they don't pay players to start with so that does limit recruiting. Secondly, the have been really hit hard with injuries over all 3 grades. First grade have been very competitive with games going down to the wire most weeks. Reserve grade have lost 2 from 9 and the 18s have lost 1 from 9 and the club has a game in hand. Far better than some clubs really.

Interested in your comment about them not having the same quality off the park. They have the same people running the club that have done so for years. Anything specific you want to point out?

Onyatoes
02-06-2021, 12:34 AM
Overall, 3 grades in the top four out of 7 is not too bad. 2 mid table and 2 lower table. Not all doom and gloom really.

Youth grades are hardly a barometer for a club. I would think that if you analysed all clubs they would have a pretty varied range of table positions from u13 to u16.

Senior grades are a better gauge. In the case of Kahibah, they don't pay players to start with so that does limit recruiting. Secondly, the have been really hit hard with injuries over all 3 grades. First grade have been very competitive with games going down to the wire most weeks. Reserve grade have lost 2 from 9 and the 18s have lost 1 from 9 and the club has a game in hand. Far better than some clubs really.

Interested in your comment about them not having the same quality off the park. They have the same people running the club that have done so for years. Anything specific you want to point out? I think it's a naive comment to dismiss Youth football. If not important.....really what's the point? As for paying players, aside from an inner city Club, I would suggest there is not much cash floating around NL1 aside from an odd rego waiver. I know clubs like Westy have stayed solid on full Regos and despite bullshit, New Lambton pay way less than some. Specifics??? I would point out that the same bloke who acts like a tool coaching Seniors as he does coaching kids might need to take a good long hard look at his actions and how it runs off on his players. Kahibah were the next BIG club. Now? Basket case.....

BP Super Dynamos
02-06-2021, 01:10 PM
I think it's a naive comment to dismiss Youth football. If not important.....really what's the point? As for paying players, aside from an inner city Club, I would suggest there is not much cash floating around NL1 aside from an odd rego waiver. I know clubs like Westy have stayed solid on full Regos and despite bullshit, New Lambton pay way less than some. Specifics??? I would point out that the same bloke who acts like a tool coaching Seniors as he does coaching kids might need to take a good long hard look at his actions and how it runs off on his players. Kahibah were the next BIG club. Now? Basket case.....

There's plenty of cash floating around NL1. People well past their prime or not up to NPL standard are making $$ from delusional clubs

j_tez
02-06-2021, 01:34 PM
As for paying players, aside from an inner city Club, I would suggest there is not much cash floating around NL1 aside from an odd rego waiver. I know clubs like Westy have stayed solid on full Regos and despite bullshit, New Lambton pay way less than some.

Pretty much every club are paying match fees to 1st graders, but most typically leave the rego cost up to the player

Hunter403
02-06-2021, 01:46 PM
I think it's a naive comment to dismiss Youth football. If not important.....really what's the point? As for paying players, aside from an inner city Club, I would suggest there is not much cash floating around NL1 aside from an odd rego waiver. I know clubs like Westy have stayed solid on full Regos and despite bullshit, New Lambton pay way less than some. Specifics??? I would point out that the same bloke who acts like a tool coaching Seniors as he does coaching kids might need to take a good long hard look at his actions and how it runs off on his players. Kahibah were the next BIG club. Now? Basket case.....

I didn't say it wasn't important at all. Please read it again. I said that youth grades are hardly a barometer for a club. Take a look at Singleton.

If anyone is naive, it is you if you don't think NL1 clubs are paying players. I was on the committee of one that does and there are many others that do as well. Club player budgets are often discussed. BP Super Dynamos has the truth of it.

Thanks for clearing up your contention that the club doesn't have the same quality off the park. It is extremely well thought out. Clearly the whole club is based on the behaviour of one person, not the committee, volunteers, all coaches and parents/supporters. If your argument were true then other clubs (Magic and Olympic spring to mind in recent times) must be even worse off as they have had senior and youth coaches suspended because of behaviour. Equally, every other club that has had a coach receive a yellow card must be just as bad a Kahibah by your logic. The simple fact is, you wanted a crack at one bloke and decided to use it to tar a whole club.

matmoncrieff
02-06-2021, 02:05 PM

Hi, I'm the one that you keep taking potshots at and was made aware of your comments by a friend of mine. Obviously have some major problems with me so I thought I would address some of the issues you have. Like some yeah I get a little carried away in games but the mostly through passion and generally a lot of humour but always move on after games and always shaking hands with the opposition and the match officials. I have been around for a while and have real passion for getting more referees into the game and definetly to help the existing referees get better. From someone on the outside seeing me on the sidelines I can see how you think this couldn't be true or hypocritical but there are many that can vouch for this, in fact I will be spending the next 2 nights a referees course with my young bloke in an effort to help the referee crisis we have at the moment and obvioulsy get a better understanding what it is like to be a referee.
As for what you have said about Kahibah I will address a few of your points. We have had Andre at the helm for the past 5 and he has been great for the club but has now moved on. The club is now looking in a new direction and have some new coaches and new ideas that will take years to see the outcome. There is no promotion/relegation we have been striving for promotion to the NPL ever since we we were accepted to Northern League 1 but no matter what we do the goal posts keep moving when the application process comes out and our application to become a NPL is always refused. And when I look at what Cooks Hill had done in that 3 year dominant period leading up to the last application process and they also got rejected, sort of takes the wind out of your sails and makes you wonder what has to be done to actually get promoted. We do things a little bit differently at Kahibah we do not have a drive to win trophies for our youth teams, do we want to you bet but its not a major driver. We don't fill our squads up to the brim of 16 or more players. We do not charge the huge fees compared to a lot of clubs in NL1 and NPL. We keep our squads to a bare minimum, does this hurt us in some games sure does but what it does is give our players maximum game time and the abundance of opportunity for our players to be involved in more than 1 game each weekend. It is my philosophy that the more you play the more you will improve, I would say our Kahibah kids on mass will get more game time than any other players in the competition. The teams we have played in the last few weeks have in the main have squads of 16 and I watched some very talented kids spend 20 to 30 minutes on the bench in a 70 minute game, i'm not saying that it is wrong i'm just saying I don't believe it is the best way to develop a player in my opinion. If you watched all the 7 games we played on the weekend against the very talented full squads of New Lambton then you would know that our squads are in the main doing well and our kids are playing with passion and improving each week. If you are from New Lambton then you shouldn't be questioning other clubs off field performances. We had the requirement for 2 ambulances on Sunday and neither could drive into the ground because no-one had a key to the gate, our 1st young bloke broke both bones in his wrist and had to walk 100 or so metres to the Alder Park carpark to meet the ambulance. The second one seen the poor ambulance men have to lug all there equipment the same distance then jump the fence as there was no gate close to where the injured player was. There was no hot water in the sheds and no-one could workout how to turn it on and the 18's, 14's, 15's and 16's all played with training balls not the compulsory competition balls like every other club does. Lets not even start discussing the canteen pricing but it is nice food.
Anyway back to your issues we are working hard behind the scenes with our majority local kids to keep improving and when the time comes have our kids ready to enter into the world of NPL. We have introduced JDL this season for the 1st time and we are working behind the scenes on a facility that will tick all the boxes for an NPL licence. When NNSW decide that promotion and relegation is a thing again we will be ready to put our hat in the ring. I am ok with you having some personnel beef with me but to try and create this hysteria that the club is a 'basket case' is just sour grapes from a keyboard warrior. You obviously know me so come and have a chat with me next time you see me at a ground make yourself known and if I have offended you somewhere along the way I will happily apologise, i'm sure no harm was intended and I can say I actually cant think of anyone that i have met in football heated argument or not that i would not have a conversation with. Or if you want come and join me in the referees course tonight, last Saturday and Sunday morning you would have found me at our ground to watch and film our U6 and U7 kids, JDL and community teams. Last Thursday you would have found me refereeing an interclub U8 and U9 game that I organised after I coached the U14's. If I'm a tool and you think I am somehow setting a bad example happy to discuss to improve and get better, just make yourself known the next time we cross paths.

Why did I even respond, I am big enough and ugly enough to cop criticism but the club operates on a very small hard working committee that runs every team from U6's to Over 35's and will be celebrating 100 years existence soon, we have an interest in all our players and try to create the best environment and experience for all of them. Do we get it wrong sometimes sure but there is no intent. To have someone have a go at what they are doing or have achieved I thought needed a response.

Hope to catch up for a chat soon.

mge61
02-06-2021, 02:52 PM
Hi, I'm the one that you keep taking potshots at and was made aware of your comments by a friend of mine. Obviously have some major problems with me so I thought I would address some of the issues you have. Like some yeah I get a little carried away in games but the mostly through passion and generally a lot of humour but always move on after games and always shaking hands with the opposition and the match officials. I have been around for a while and have real passion for getting more referees into the game and definetly to help the existing referees get better. From someone on the outside seeing me on the sidelines I can see how you think this couldn't be true or hypocritical but there are many that can vouch for this, in fact I will be spending the next 2 nights a referees course with my young bloke in an effort to help the referee crisis we have at the moment and obvioulsy get a better understanding what it is like to be a referee.
As for what you have said about Kahibah I will address a few of your points. We have had Andre at the helm for the past 5 and he has been great for the club but has now moved on. The club is now looking in a new direction and have some new coaches and new ideas that will take years to see the outcome. There is no promotion/relegation we have been striving for promotion to the NPL ever since we we were accepted to Northern League 1 but no matter what we do the goal posts keep moving when the application process comes out and our application to become a NPL is always refused. And when I look at what Cooks Hill had done in that 3 year dominant period leading up to the last application process and they also got rejected, sort of takes the wind out of your sails and makes you wonder what has to be done to actually get promoted. We do things a little bit differently at Kahibah we do not have a drive to win trophies for our youth teams, do we want to you bet but its not a major driver. We don't fill our squads up to the brim of 16 or more players. We do not charge the huge fees compared to a lot of clubs in NL1 and NPL. We keep our squads to a bare minimum, does this hurt us in some games sure does but what it does is give our players maximum game time and the abundance of opportunity for our players to be involved in more than 1 game each weekend. It is my philosophy that the more you play the more you will improve, I would say our Kahibah kids on mass will get more game time than any other players in the competition. The teams we have played in the last few weeks have in the main have squads of 16 and I watched some very talented kids spend 20 to 30 minutes on the bench in a 70 minute game, i'm not saying that it is wrong i'm just saying I don't believe it is the best way to develop a player in my opinion. If you watched all the 7 games we played on the weekend against the very talented full squads of New Lambton then you would know that our squads are in the main doing well and our kids are playing with passion and improving each week. If you are from New Lambton then you shouldn't be questioning other clubs off field performances. We had the requirement for 2 ambulances on Sunday and neither could drive into the ground because no-one had a key to the gate, our 1st young bloke broke both bones in his wrist and had to walk 100 or so metres to the Alder Park carpark to meet the ambulance. The second one seen the poor ambulance men have to lug all there equipment the same distance then jump the fence as there was no gate close to where the injured player was. There was no hot water in the sheds and no-one could workout how to turn it on and the 18's, 14's, 15's and 16's all played with training balls not the compulsory competition balls like every other club does. Lets not even start discussing the canteen pricing but it is nice food.
Anyway back to your issues we are working hard behind the scenes with our majority local kids to keep improving and when the time comes have our kids ready to enter into the world of NPL. We have introduced JDL this season for the 1st time and we are working behind the scenes on a facility that will tick all the boxes for an NPL licence. When NNSW decide that promotion and relegation is a thing again we will be ready to put our hat in the ring. I am ok with you having some personnel beef with me but to try and create this hysteria that the club is a 'basket case' is just sour grapes from a keyboard warrior. You obviously know me so come and have a chat with me next time you see me at a ground make yourself known and if I have offended you somewhere along the way I will happily apologise, i'm sure no harm was intended and I can say I actually cant think of anyone that i have met in football heated argument or not that i would not have a conversation with. Or if you want come and join me in the referees course tonight, last Saturday and Sunday morning you would have found me at our ground to watch and film our U6 and U7 kids, JDL and community teams. Last Thursday you would have found me refereeing an interclub U8 and U9 game that I organised after I coached the U14's. If I'm a tool and you think I am somehow setting a bad example happy to discuss to improve and get better, just make yourself known the next time we cross paths.

Why did I even respond, I am big enough and ugly enough to cop criticism but the club operates on a very small hard working committee that runs every team from U6's to Over 35's and will be celebrating 100 years existence soon, we have an interest in all our players and try to create the best environment and experience for all of them. Do we get it wrong sometimes sure but there is no intent. To have someone have a go at what they are doing or have achieved I thought needed a response.

Good post man. Tell it how it is and put your name on it.

GashArmy
02-06-2021, 04:07 PM

Great post!

The amount of work you do for the club and it is noticed by many at others the time and effort you put in amongst all grades.

NL can focus on $$$ and getting promoted with a community park and no hot water

SilentBob
02-06-2021, 04:19 PM
Great response! If you do a quick skim of posts from this bloke you’ll quickly realise he does nothing but criticise other clubs and individuals, and when someone bites back he’s quick to chuck his toys out of the pram and call his mummy to defend him. He claims to “overhear conversations”, but anyone with a “Brain” in their head can see he’s heavily involved with New Lambton. He constantly puts down other clubs for their efforts and sprouts off about how New Lambton should be promoted, when in reality they don’t even have access to their own ground for a full season and it comes nowhere near meeting NNSW requirements. They should think themselves lucky they were even let into NL1.

I hope yourself and the others at Kahibah take his ramblings with a grain of salt and move on. YouÂ’re very committed and have quite clearly articulated the direction and aim of the club. We need more of you and your kind around Newcastle.

outsider
02-06-2021, 04:42 PM
Good post natmoncrieff-i know you have been around for a long time and am aware of the time and effort you have given to Kahibah and endorse your comments.Your input towards referee and refereeing is positive in the main particularly these days and is commended.
Just make sure you stay in the technical area.

Bull fighter
02-06-2021, 05:35 PM
Great response! If you do a quick skim of posts from this bloke you’ll quickly realise he does nothing but criticise other clubs and individuals, and when someone bites back he’s quick to chuck his toys out of the pram and call his mummy to defend him. He claims to “overhear conversations”, but anyone with a “Brain” in their head can see he’s heavily involved with New Lambton. He constantly puts down other clubs for their efforts and sprouts off about how New Lambton should be promoted, when in reality they don’t even have access to their own ground for a full season and it comes nowhere near meeting NNSW requirements. They should think themselves lucky they were even let into NL1.

I hope yourself and the others at Kahibah take his ramblings with a grain of salt and move on. YouÂ’re very committed and have quite clearly articulated the direction and aim of the club. We need more of you and your kind around Newcastle.

I concur.

traffic light
02-06-2021, 08:26 PM
We don't fill our squads up to the brim of 16 or more players. We do not charge the huge fees compared to a lot of clubs in NL1 and NPL. We keep our squads to a bare minimum, does this hurt us in some games sure does but what it does is give our players maximum game time and the abundance of opportunity for our players to be involved in more than 1 game each weekend. It is my philosophy that the more you play the more you will improve, I would say our Kahibah kids on mass will get more game time than any other players in the competition. The teams we have played in the last few weeks have in the main have squads of 16 and I watched some very talented kids spend 20 to 30 minutes on the bench in a 70 minute game, i'm not saying that it is wrong i'm just saying I don't believe it is the best way to develop a player in my opinion.

Great call. I totally agree with this. Rather play a nearly a full game then play up a grade for a bit then have 1/3 game on the bench. Have seen the over full squad too often from "big clubs" and it stinks

JustHearThings
02-06-2021, 08:41 PM

I know for a fact New Lambton pay way more then most clubs, added incentive to help them achieve their goal of NPL, but lack the main thing needed which is a suitable ground...

GashArmy
02-06-2021, 09:57 PM
I know for a fact New Lambton pay way more then most clubs, added incentive to help them achieve their goal of NPL, but lack the main thing needed which is a suitable ground...

They use to frequently throw stones at cooks Hill about spending money but yet here they are spending big money.

Onyatoes
02-06-2021, 10:37 PM

Hope to catch up for a chat soon.I reckon this hit a nerve it wasn't supposed to hit. Your personal work ethic is not even on the radar, I don't even know you but you seem to do loads which you should be congratulated for. The query was more around why a successful club from 3 years ago seems to struggle now and how a Coach acted in a way on the weekend that he may or may not regret. I thought that is what this forum does? No disparaging comments about who does what or against players. You explained it well and your reasonings are up to you and your club. You make a good point about squad sizes. Always a query. You have a plan. I am always amused when Clubs kick off on facilities at Alder Park. I am not sure about keys or hot showers, I am not involved in the Club despite people on this forum hinting that I am. I have family connections and I know people there who run things. I do know that despite getting handed shit for years, they run a good show with limited resources or support. If they are paying players big bucks and running a Sports Club, I am not sure where the cash comes from and I would suggest this is simply a smokescreen others throw to mask their success. They have most of the same team they have had for 3 years when Jim Foley returned from what I can see. I unapologetically call out certain NPL Clubs with this level of entitlement that is undeserved as they do their fair share of slagging of NL1 and constant poaching of kids that all NL1 clubs have seen for too many years whilst Northern sit and watch. At least the NL1 forum has had some action for a change today. Usually pretty quiet in this space. All NL1 clubs need to make more noise and generate conversation about their future, the lack of direction and what the governing body is doing to support clubs outside of the NPL. All should congratulate Belswans for making a Cup run. Excellent achievement. Congratulate New Lambton for their recent success and if they have bought a bloody Bowlo that is good for a NL1 club. I don't think they have though..... Congratulate Wallsend for turning their 2020 around. If Kahibah is taking a new direction with a new plan that is great. The comp needs a strong Kahibah. Your comments about the backflips to promotion over the years are interesting. Kahibah probably have already experienced what the Cooks Hills and New Lambtons are finding now. More collaboration and less friction might be a good place to start between Clubs. I apologise if you think I was out of line.

furns
02-06-2021, 11:17 PM
I hope we can draw a line under the issues in the last page or two and move on?
I would hate to have to start warning people. Or worse.

Barry Dawson
03-06-2021, 09:37 AM
Yes let’s hope so.

Onyatoes is known and connected to the Club (like others in this forum are to their own), is not on our coaching staff nor does he speak on behalf of the club. Therefore, his comments are his own. Only one member of our executive is approved to speak on behalf of the club on this forum.

On behalf of our club, this forum is a good vehicle for raising items, discussion and hopefully change in our individual clubs - when otherwise cross club discussion would not occur in open forum.

There are so many opinions on here, that it’s likely someone will get offended at some stage - either personally or when protecting their club. Remember, we are working towards the goal and may not always get thing right (as Matt said).

Alton
03-06-2021, 01:50 PM

When will they get it, New Lambton are not an NPL club. Adamstown, Jaffas, Olympic and Broadmeadow, enough is enough.

Stanley
03-06-2021, 02:00 PM
When will they get it, New Lambton are not an NPL club. Adamstown, Jaffas, Olympic and Broadmeadow, enough is enough.

Simple Adamstown / New Lambton merger, they both need each other

Alton
03-06-2021, 02:07 PM
Simple Adamstown / New Lambton merger, they both need each other

Now that makes incredible sense Stan

Barry Dawson
03-06-2021, 05:19 PM
Interesting comments Alton. But interested in understanding - what’s makes the clubs you mention “Premier” clubs?
Is it their:
Tenure at the first division level?
Ground?
First grade?
Youth system supporting them?
Quality of coaches?
Size of their committee?
Financial viability?
Etc.

If you looked at each of those clubs and those more widely in the NPL along with commentary on the NPL Forum feed - not many of those clubs tick all boxes at a “Premier” level. In fact, a few have been in first division for perhaps less than 10 years others arguably should stand aside if you read commentary on this Forum.

Jaffa’s are a good example - look at what they bring to the competition today. This lock the door thought process if instigated a few years back would have seen them still in second division in 2014.

Don’t get too locked into a “no change” mind set. It stunts ambition and embodies mediocrity. Both of which the competition and region does not need if football is to grow and thrive.

Goatscheese
04-06-2021, 10:16 AM
Heard a rumour that Lino has left Toronto last night

onlooker
04-06-2021, 10:51 AM
Heard a rumour that Lino has left Toronto last night

When was the last time he stayed a full season somewhere? I know he only took over this year to cover Piggo, but didn’t he come and go a few times at Cessnock?

anything bro
04-06-2021, 01:06 PM
Can confirm Lino is gone from Toronto and has signed with South Cardiff. He tried to create a lot of drama before he left.

GashArmy
04-06-2021, 01:40 PM
Can confirm Lino is gone from Toronto and has signed with South Cardiff. He tried to create a lot of drama before he left.

What did he do?

Any idea on who will take over?

anything bro
04-06-2021, 01:49 PM
Tried the wedge the players away from the committee, lied about the club sacking him after 7 games when the club had no intentions of sacking him.

Not allowed to say who’s taking over yet due to the person themselves don’t want it out sorry.

The Postman
04-06-2021, 03:05 PM
3 things in life are certain - death, taxes and a Toronto controversy every couple weeks.

prawnhead
04-06-2021, 08:34 PM

Excuse my ignorance but who is Lino?

Retro Jet
04-06-2021, 10:02 PM
Well...this above will boost the thread page numbers :rof:

The Postman
04-06-2021, 10:18 PM
Особенностью современной медицины являются применение технических новшеств ради проведения эффективногРлечения и профилактикРразличных заболеваний. Стоматология – раздел медицины, кто развивается особенно живо, благодаря применению новых инновационны Ñ… материалов и технически совершенных установок. Одним из ультрасовреРенных бытовых приборов стал ирригатор полости рта, толк и повреждение применения которого вызывает вопросы у тех, кто скудно знаком с прибором. Ирригатор для полости рта рекомендуетс я ныне ведущими стоматологам и во всем мире. Первый ассортимент был представлен потребителяРСША в 1955 году. После прошедшие годы различные модели ирригаторов прошли много клинических испытаний и отдельный единовременн ¾ доказывают свою ÑÑ„Ñ„ÐµÐºÑ‚Ð¸Ð²Ð½Ð¾ÑÑ ÑŒ пред привычной зубной щеткой. Чтобы очищения зубного ряда в приборе используется направленная струя воды, которая не простой орошает ротовую углубление, а проникает в самые труднодостуРные уголки, удаляя часть пищи и налет, снижая вероятность Ð²Ð¾Ð·Ð½Ð¸ÐºÐ½Ð¾Ð²ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ñ  кариеса. Сложение позволяет Ñ€ÐµÐ³ÑƒÐ»Ð¸Ñ€Ð¾Ð²Ð°Ñ‚Ñ Ð´Ð¾ÑÑ‚Ð¾Ð¸Ð½ÑÑ‚Ð²Ð¾ распыления жидкости и напор струи, поэтому исключается разрушающий утрата чтобы зубной эмали, а применение различных вариантов насадок помогает отгадывать разные задачи сообразно уходу после полостью рта в домашних условиях.
Отдельный убыток чтобы полости рта несет распространРµÐ½Ð¸Ðµ вредной микрофлоры. Зубная щетка и профилактичРµÑÐºÐ°Ñ иначе лечебная паста позволяют ухаживать один после доступными поверхностяРи во рту. Тонкая, только мощная струя воды легко проникает между зубами, в пародонтальн ые карманы, в промежутки ÑÑ‚Ð¾Ð¼Ð°Ñ‚Ð¾Ð»Ð¾Ð³Ð¸Ñ ÐµÑÐºÐ¸Ñ… конструкций, освобождая рыло через опасных бактерий, налета и остатков пищи.
Ирригатор, что очищает полоски блендамед 3д вайт люкс купить (https://www.irrigator.ru/blend-a-med-3d-white-luxe-poloski-otbelivayuschie-28-sht.html) углубление рта с через орошения жидкостью, применяется в качестве профилактикРразличны заболеваний и для лечения, а в бассейн прибора может петь вода alias специальные растворы, лечебное фабрикация которых на пасть определяется их составом. Особенности конструкции прибора обеспечивают полную безопасность, а диапазон режимов и насадки, входящие в комплект, дают возможность извлекать его всеми членами семьи с максимальной пользой для ротовой полости. Оценить пользу применения ирригатора дозволено сразу впоследствии первого применения. СущественныРизменения заметны уже через две недели затем начала Ð¸ÑÐ¿Ð¾Ð»ÑŒÐ·Ð¾Ð²Ð°Ð½Ð¸Ñ  ирригатора: вы свободно заметите эффект оздоровления ротовой полости. Сообразно отзывам стоматологов и данным исследований, вреда от ирригаторов вышли, однако это не значит, что орудие подходит каждому. Несмотря для всю свою полезность и десятки преимуществ, ирригатор может быть запрещено извлекать по состоянию здоровья. Например, не рекомендуетс я иметь аппаратом, если у вас купероз сосудов или недавно была проведена действие на деснах. При таких ситуациях даже очень тихий набег струи может привести к повреждениям. .
Часть пищи, которые застревают во дата еды среди зубами, мягко и безболезненнР¾ удаляются. Присутствие этом ни десны, ни зубы не Ñ‚Ñ€Ð°Ð²Ð¼Ð¸Ñ€ÑƒÑŽÑ‚ÑÑ , только это нередко происходит из-за Ð¸ÑÐ¿Ð¾Ð»ÑŒÐ·Ð¾Ð²Ð°Ð½Ð¸Ñ  зубной нити, то затрапезничРть ирригатор чтобы десен все безопасен.
Свободно и эффективно удаляется зубной налет, накопление которого на поверхности зубов приводит к ухудшению их состояния. За счет Ð¸ÑÐ¿Ð¾Ð»ÑŒÐ·Ð¾Ð²Ð°Ð½Ð¸Ñ  воды почти большим давлением спор удаления налета не вызывает неприятных ощущений.
Регулярное использованиРµ одного стационарноРо прибора обеспечивает похвальный результат беспричинно через возраста. К преимуществРм дозволено отнести большой круг Ð¸Ð½Ð´Ð¸Ð²Ð¸Ð´ÑƒÐ°Ð»ÑŒÐ½Ñ ‹Ñ… насадок и составов жидкости. Небольшие размеры, простая складка, бесшумная подвиг становятся дополнительн ‹Ð¼Ð¸ плюсами современного ирригатора. ЕдинственныРминусом ÑÑ‚Ð°Ñ†Ð¸Ð¾Ð½Ð°Ñ€Ð½Ñ‹Ñ … моделей является их объемистый размер, а недостатком портативных моделей считается небольшой объем резервуара.

Thank you! Someone finally had the guts to say it! Couldn’t have put it better myself. Keep up the good work mate!

SuperFish
05-06-2021, 01:56 AM

Not a bad signing for Southy. Hopefully Lino can help out with youth there as well. Just hoping for their sake he stays out of the committee drama and focuses on winning football games and getting southy back to the top.

Goatscheese
05-06-2021, 10:42 PM

Seems executive members of the committee know nothing about him having signed for the club

The Postman
06-06-2021, 12:00 AM
Where’s Go Away to let everyone know what has actually happened?

Hotline
06-06-2021, 09:23 AM
I guess we'll find out a bit more info when both teams kick off this arvo. Will Lino be at Ulinga or Lyall Peacock?

GO AWAY
06-06-2021, 11:52 AM
I guess we'll find out a bit more info when both teams kick off this arvo. Will Lino be at Ulinga or Lyall Peacock?

Won’t be at Lyall Peacock

Goatscheese
06-06-2021, 11:06 PM
Won’t be at Lyall Peacock

He wasn't at Ulinga either

GO AWAY
08-06-2021, 02:36 PM
He wasn't at Ulinga either

The stags obviously missed him

Hotline
13-06-2021, 08:46 AM
I'm hearing that Singo has called off games with NL today. Surely that's a joke, hasn't rained since Thursday. Were they missing players over the long weekend perhaps?

mge61
13-06-2021, 09:13 AM
I'm hearing that Singo has called off games with NL today. Surely that's a joke, hasn't rained since Thursday. Were they missing players over the long weekend perhaps?

Yes

W8 WATCHER
13-06-2021, 04:48 PM
Sounds like the jaffas groundsman, was up there assisting with leaving hoses on!

NNSWF should treat it as a forfeit, in NPL 1st grade would 100% still be on,
Seems like all the players are away pig shooting, and on the piss.

GO AWAY
13-06-2021, 10:10 PM
Great win by stags today, to be fair,could have scored a few more, on to singo next week, if not called off

fozphantom
14-06-2021, 12:43 AM
Great win by stags today, to be fair,could have scored a few more, on to singo next week, if not called off

what was the score? clubs cant be arsed to put scores up after games anymore

And yeah; noticed the 4 singo games have been marked washouts. wot the bleep?? joke :bs:
pig shooting :rof: playing banjos too??

W8 WATCHER
14-06-2021, 09:44 AM
3 out
And 5 on a redneck bonding trip

GO AWAY
14-06-2021, 09:53 AM
3-1 Toronto Awaba

The Postman
14-06-2021, 03:24 PM
The Gibbo Revolution continues

GO AWAY
14-06-2021, 08:50 PM
Thanks Gibbo

Hunter403
07-07-2021, 06:32 PM
Scott Taylor is the new head coach at Southy. Hope he does well.

Goatscheese
07-07-2021, 07:17 PM
Scott Taylor is the new head coach at Southy. Hope he does well.

Nice to see them bring in new 1st grade coaches rather than recycling the same 1st grade coaches

Retro Jet
11-07-2021, 05:29 PM
Sth Cardiff v Cessnock @ Ulinga today as well as Singleton v Belswans @ Howe Park.
Any other games I've missed?
Scores anyone?

Edit: Just informed via text that Sth Cardiff v Cessnock was moved up to Turner Pk.

Goatscheese
12-07-2021, 10:47 AM
Edit: Just informed via text that Sth Cardiff v Cessnock was moved up to Turner Pk.

South Cardiff won 2-1, nice to see them get a win once they appointed a new 1st grade coach

Alton
14-07-2021, 02:23 PM
South Cardiff won 2-1, nice to see them get a win once they appointed a new 1st grade coach

What is his background?

Goatscheese
15-07-2021, 09:04 AM
What is his background?

Pretty sure he was the old Lakes U18 coach won them two grandfinals or something

Retro Jet
18-07-2021, 12:38 AM
Cooks Hill v Belswans
Athfield
1st 3-1 (0-1) J Byrnes 2, C Carroll 1 - K Woolston 1
Res and U18s were declared 0 all draws due to a COVID ruling where due to limited player availability for Belswans
the games weren't played.

Goatscheese
19-07-2021, 08:08 PM
Cooks Hill v Belswans
Athfield
1st 3-1 (0-1) J Byrnes 2, C Carroll 1 - K Woolston 1
Res and U18s were declared 0 all draws due to a COVID ruling where due to limited player availability for Belswans
the games weren't played.

Surely Belswans had enough to combine and field one team

jandysardine
20-07-2021, 08:43 PM
I understand several of the Cookers regulars aren't that keen on NPL.

onlooker
20-07-2021, 09:37 PM

Well I guess they will be looking for a new club next year then.

Ghost of Plague
20-07-2021, 10:18 PM

Plenty of U/18's and Ressies across the city looking for a start too. I dont think they'll be missed.
Anyone not thinking Cooks Hill will need a shake up from 1sts down to JDL if they want to hang with the big boys is kidding themselves (for the record I think Cookers fully understand the task at hand and I wish them all the best with the step up).

How are our NL friends handling this news? It must not be going down too well over there.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
21-07-2021, 01:11 PM
How are our NL friends handling this news? It must not be going down too well over there.

From what I've seen I think everyone in Newy (including the Eagles peeps) thinks that Cookers were the right team to be promoted for 2022.

Bremsstrahlung
21-07-2021, 04:02 PM
Not saying cooks hill are a bad choice, they’ve been working hard for a number of years.

But when did this all come about?
Was there an application process?
Why were they chosen? Were other clubs considered/aware of the pending promotion of a team?

Hunter403
21-07-2021, 04:21 PM
Not saying cooks hill are a bad choice, they’ve been working hard for a number of years.

Why were they chosen? Were other clubs considered/aware of the pending promotion of a team?

The application process occurred either last season or the season before. Can't recall which. At the time there were a lot of people surprised that they did not go up then at the expense of one of the underperforming NPL clubs. This promotion has been common knowledge for some time around the NL1 clubs. Good luck to them. they have worked hard, achieved the results and they will need all the luck they can get (or very deep pockets).

As usual, as NNSWF are not willing to bite the bullet on any issue, let alone promotion/relegation, Cookers are up at the expense of.......no one. Let's dilute the NPL comp further!!

The next question we should be asking is what happens to NL1 next year if the two clubs that are rumoured to be withdrawing (or are forced to withdraw) actually do withdraw? That will leave NL1 down 3 clubs on this year. It will certainly fix the dilution issue in that comp!!

traffic light
21-07-2021, 08:04 PM
The application process occurred either last season or the season before. Can't recall which. At the time there were a lot of people surprised that they did not go up then at the expense of one of the underperforming NPL clubs. This promotion has been common knowledge for some time around the NL1 clubs. Good luck to them. they have worked hard, achieved the results and they will need all the luck they can get (or very deep pockets).

As usual, as NNSWF are not willing to bite the bullet on any issue, let alone promotion/relegation, Cookers are up at the expense of.......no one. Let's dilute the NPL comp further!!

The next question we should be asking is what happens to NL1 next year if the two clubs that are rumoured to be withdrawing (or are forced to withdraw) actually do withdraw? That will leave NL1 down 3 clubs on this year. It will certainly fix the dilution issue in that comp!!

At the very least get rid of the stupid bye. Cant even get that rght in NPL next year

GO AWAY
21-07-2021, 08:27 PM
Who’s withdrawing ? What have I missed

onlooker
21-07-2021, 08:48 PM

Apparently singleton are rumoured to be dropping out, no idea who the second team is. My question is why are they dropping out of the rumour is true?

Hotline
21-07-2021, 08:49 PM

The NPL page mentioned Singo, but surely not. I haven't heard anything and assumed there would be 10 teams in this comp next year. With the youth being decoupled (also from the NPL page) that might make it easier for some clubs to focus on seniors only, but I'm not sure what Northerns regulations for NL1 will be.

mge61
21-07-2021, 09:01 PM
Is there a mandatory need or requirement for NL1. Put the top 14 in NPL (similar to Vic./Qld) and everyone else play divisional Zone League and fit their place in the pecking order. When some clubs are struggling, as does happen sometimes, the stronger clubs from current ZPL could step up. Just some thoughts.

Johnno
21-07-2021, 11:19 PM
The NPL page mentioned Singo, but surely not. I haven't heard anything and assumed there would be 10 teams in this comp next year. With the youth being decoupled (also from the NPL page) that might make it easier for some clubs to focus on seniors only, but I'm not sure what Northerns regulations for NL1 will be.

With no promotion and relegation and no thought of it happening in the near future hearing several clubs are reconsidering their position in NL1 in particular the time and effort with youth football for no real benefit when there are close by junior clubs in existence (most with same name). Cost is far less to join Zone League and there’s more prize money. A lot of these clubs have a connection to their Zone and not necessarily with Northern and less restrictive criteria and match day requirements. Hearing Singleton, Thornton, Cessnock, Wallsend are amongst those considering their options.

2ndclasscitizen
22-07-2021, 11:01 AM

Cookers were knocked back for 2020 but given a clear list of things to address and guidance on where the application fell short. Committee has worked hard to address everything NNSWF pointed out and put together a sizable application and here we are for 2022. As to why Cookers basically the club met the NNWSF criteria and have been performing on the park. All rumours but have been told that another NL1 club in a similar situation to Cookers (performing on the field and close enough on the club side to be eligible after some changes) has/had taken the opinion that if NNSWF wants them in NPL them they should just move them up rather than that club having to go through the whole rigmarole of the application process.

Beyond that I think NNSWF make it reasonably clear what their expectations are of NPL-grade clubs and if a club wants to be in NPL they need to be proactive, can't just sit back and wait to be invited up. Totally understand why a club wouldn't want to put themselves through it but the more clubs that are proactive about getting themselves to the next level then the more likely promotion/relegation will come back.

Goatscheese
22-07-2021, 11:50 AM
Apparently singleton are rumoured to be dropping out, no idea who the second team is. My question is why are they dropping out of the rumour is true?

Singleton and Toronto

If they can't fill all teams Northern is kicking them out

anything bro
02-08-2021, 12:05 AM
Singleton and Toronto

If they can't fill all teams Northern is kicking them out

That’s just not true, both clubs have been given the ok to play next season from Northern. Singo don’t want to be apart of it due to no jnrs

Goatscheese
04-08-2021, 11:16 AM
With the youth being decoupled (also from the NPL page) that might make it easier for some clubs to focus on seniors only

Yeah this isn't happening any time soon

Retro Jet
08-08-2021, 01:51 PM
Was just sent a screenshot from Belswans FB about the club and André Gumprecht parting ways due to the current circumstances.

Andre brought colour to the comp during his brief time at Belswans and 6 years at Kahibah.
I'll miss our little chats in German....'Jenamann'

Goatscheese
09-08-2021, 12:43 PM
Was just sent a screenshot from Belswans FB about the club and André Gumprecht parting ways due to the current circumstances.

Andre brought colour to the comp during his brief time at Belswans and 6 years at Kahibah.

The reasoning doesn't make sense considering we are now in lockdown as well

Giroudawakening
09-08-2021, 01:41 PM

Bit of a cop out?

Rufo back to Swans and Andre to lakes?

Alton
09-08-2021, 02:16 PM
Bit of a cop out?

Rufo back to Swans and Andre to lakes?

Belswans seem to have dropped the ball, they were heading up for a while,potentially the next in line for promotion?

The Hacker
09-08-2021, 04:14 PM
Belswans seem to have dropped the ball, they were heading up for a while,potentially the next in line for promotion?

Bring back Stafford

Goatscheese
17-08-2021, 11:01 AM
Michael Gatti to take over Wallsend for next season see if he goes better than than the poor results at Cessnock.

Anyone know anything about who will take over at Cessnock? I know earlier in the thread it was Darrell McAlister but that won't make Cessnock perform any better

Giroudawakening
17-08-2021, 02:00 PM
Michael Gatti to take over Wallsend for next season see if he goes better than than the poor results at Cessnock.

Anyone know anything about who will take over at Cessnock? I know earlier in the thread it was Darrell McAlister but that won't make Cessnock perform any better

Craig being moved on? Backwards step IMO, wonder if theyll play the high line at Wallsend also now?

D Mac still getting around?

The Hacker
17-08-2021, 02:07 PM
Craig being moved on? Backwards step IMO, wonder if theyll play the high line at Wallsend also now?

D Mac still getting around?

Facebook says they doing it together

Goatscheese
18-08-2021, 11:22 AM

If Craig is still TD it's probably a good thing, lot of work being TD let alone then also having to coach 1st grade

mge61
18-08-2021, 06:11 PM
Is there any coaching allowed at all at the moment? Just coming back from Bunnings past Alder Park and there was someone set up at the end behind the northern goals with poles, cones and lots of balls.

Aegon
18-08-2021, 07:04 PM
only 1 on 1 training apparently. even that might be stretching the 2 person training rule unless they are part of the same family.

Reds Forever
18-08-2021, 08:33 PM
Is there any coaching allowed at all at the moment? Just coming back from Bunnings past Alder Park and there was someone set up at the end behind the northern goals with poles, cones and lots of balls.

If it is who I think it is. It's a dad with 3 sons and adult daughter that play NPL, WPL and SAP and he has bownets, cones and tonne of balls. Trains there all the time.

Yesk21
03-10-2021, 10:44 AM
Anyone know of any new signings anywhere

The Magician
03-10-2021, 12:25 PM
Anyone know of any new signings anywhere

NPL signed Cook's Hill

Negative Police
03-10-2021, 01:11 PM
And NL in 23?

Giroudawakening
05-10-2021, 01:40 PM
Heard NL have signed 3 more players, who can take over their dominance?

Hunter403
05-10-2021, 09:40 PM

Money talks

The Hacker
05-10-2021, 11:09 PM

Who are the 3 players. The 3 players could be average

W8 WATCHER
06-10-2021, 09:00 AM

absolutely
NL are going all out to sign average players
:facepalm:

The Hacker
06-10-2021, 09:26 AM
absolutely
NL are going all out to sign average players
:facepalm:

Name the players and we can all be the judge

W8 WATCHER
06-10-2021, 09:42 AM
Name the players and we can all be the judge

Hacks i dont know who, nor i really care
if they have won the title though,in the last 2 years, im sure they know what they need to improve there depth
as for your judgment, does any club really give a shit what people think , especially opinions on forums? unless it effects you as a player or coach from another club

The Hacker
06-10-2021, 11:48 AM
Hacks i dont know who, nor i really care
if they have won the title though,in the last 2 years, im sure they know what they need to improve there depth
as for your judgment, does any club really give a shit what people think , especially opinions on forums? unless it effects you as a player or coach from another club

My point was if the club is telling us all they have made 3 signings tell us who they are what’s the big secret.

I’m not affiliated with any club for what it’s worth

W8 WATCHER
06-10-2021, 12:37 PM
My point was if the club is telling us all they have made 3 signings tell us who they are what’s the big secret.

I’m not affiliated with any club for what it’s worth

LOL!
No one is ever affiliated with any club on this football forum, they were just on here by mistake.

your original post was

so a non football club affiliated forum member automatically assumes the new NL signings could be average.
that s a very bizarre comment, for someone not affiliated to any club- so why do you comment or care if they are quality or shit?
just ask who have they signed, if your interested

The Hacker
06-10-2021, 01:15 PM
LOL!
No one is ever affiliated with any club on this football forum, they were just on here by mistake.

your original post was

so a non football club affiliated forum member automatically assumes the new NL signings could be average.
that s a very bizarre comment, for someone not affiliated to any club- so why do you comment or care if they are quality or shit?
just ask who have they signed, if your interested

Sorry not affiliated to any club in the Hit comp. Clearly players are not that special if you won’t name them. I only asked cause there was a big statement about signings and if they were decent you would want other clubs to know how amazing you are. The Hit comp is average at best. Next year will be a comp between NL and Belswans at best. That’s why I assumed the players would be average. Next year will roll around and it will get to the FFA cup and Hit teams will draw ZPL teams and same as each year the ZPL teams will bounce the Hit teams out.
Look at the players that filter back from NPL into ZPL instead of HIT cause ZPL is more competitive.
But you keep those 3 superstars secret

Alton
06-10-2021, 01:37 PM
Sorry not affiliated to any club in the Hit comp. Clearly players are not that special if you won’t name them. I only asked cause there was a big statement about signings and if they were decent you would want other clubs to know how amazing you are. The Hit comp is average at best. Next year will be a comp between NL and Belswans at best. That’s why I assumed the players would be average. Next year will roll around and it will get to the FFA cup and Hit teams will draw ZPL teams and same as each year the ZPL teams will bounce the Hit teams out.
Look at the players that filter back from NPL into ZPL instead of HIT cause ZPL is more competitive.
But you keep those 3 superstars secret

I think the answer is in the posts, they are average.

Goatscheese
06-10-2021, 02:22 PM
LOL!

You're a clown, fancy getting upset about people wanting to discuss signings by an NL1 club in a thread specifically made to discuss these things

Barry Dawson
06-10-2021, 02:28 PM
Let me me ease the strain on your keyboards.
There has not been new signings at NL.
We will be continuing to develop the relatively young first grade squad we have and bringing more than a handful of last years 18Â’s up into senior squad - building for the future.

Alan
06-10-2021, 03:23 PM
Let me me ease the strain on your keyboards.
There has not been new signings at NL.
We will be continuing to develop the relatively young first grade squad we have and bringing more than a handful of last years 18Â’s up into senior squad - building for the future.

Great to hear NL continue to look after the future of the local game Barry.

What is the news on Cas Wright? It was mentioned on another foz page that Cas had moved on. Is this correct? I have had a few dealings with Cas over the years and always found her to be brilliant to work with.

Is Cas has left who will fill her role?

Soz if this isn't for public information!

A

Goatscheese
06-10-2021, 04:51 PM
Great to hear NL continue to look after the future of the local game Barry.

What is the news on Cas Wright? It was mentioned on another foz page that Cas had moved on. Is this correct? I have had a few dealings with Cas over the years and always found her to be brilliant to work with.

Is Cas has left who will fill her role?

Soz if this isn't for public information!

A

She has moved on and now is running the girls program at the Jets under Kew and Ash

Barry Dawson
06-10-2021, 04:51 PM
Hi Alan - no worries re Cas. It was made known to members back in August (thereabouts) that Cas would depart the club. She is a great operator - we just hit an impasse that couldn’t be resolved - as sometimes happens in football.
Clayton Zane (who has kids in our club) would move from JDL into the broader TD role. Fair replacement to be honest.
We have added 2 assistant TDs and a Coach Development role - to be announced soon.
I think we are now well positioned for where we want to get to.

Alan
07-10-2021, 10:35 AM
Hi Alan - no worries re Cas. It was made known to members back in August (thereabouts) that Cas would depart the club. She is a great operator - we just hit an impasse that couldn’t be resolved - as sometimes happens in football.
Clayton Zane (who has kids in our club) would move from JDL into the broader TD role. Fair replacement to be honest.
We have added 2 assistant TDs and a Coach Development role - to be announced soon.
I think we are now well positioned for where we want to get to.

Thanks for the info Barry. Clayton Zane is a fabulous replacement. And good on Cas for heading over to the Jets. All's well that ends well.

I look forward to seeing the Alder Park upgrades next season. Exciting times ahead.

A

jandysardine
09-10-2021, 08:41 PM
Can anyone confirm the sanctions handed out to Tye Jones (3yrs) and Big Dog (12mnths) for an incident at Barnsley.

matmoncrieff
11-10-2021, 12:43 PM
Can anyone confirm the sanctions handed out to Tye Jones (3yrs) and Big Dog (12mnths) for an incident at Barnsley.

This is true, which will be the 2nd in 12 months these 2 have been suspended for fighting whilst being spectators I know this because my old man (70 odd years old) was the 1st victim last season. I can speak from the 1st incident when I can say they were both heavily intoxicated not really an excuse but surely any man worth their salt once sobered up would be man enough to ring and apologise at the least, not these 2. Its a sad day when people cant even go to a ground without worrying about Thugs like these 2 wanting to start fights. It has to be noted that their club West Wallsend after witnessing the 1st incident 1st hand (at least their president did) happily took them back this season only for them to go to an Over 35s game at Barnsley and turn on someone else. One of them even had their 1st child between the incidents you think that would be enough to curb his ways but obviously not. I hope someone gets hold of them and leads them in the right direction before they seriously hurt someone one day. From my experience with both of them they are genuine good guys, fierce competitors on the field and passionate towards their club its obvious once they get on the drink together they turn into different people. They are not kids anymore and might be time for them to grow up. Hope the unfortunate bloke from Barnsley got his apology because I know Bill hasn't got one.

Retired01
12-10-2021, 02:42 PM
Tye Jones is not liked or has been liked by players or anyone at West Wallsend other than his little group of fools and is simply someone who they needed in recent hard times. The hilarious bit is they let him be nominated for team of the last 50 years and he has only ever played 2HD and won a premiership with a team of ex stars who didnt want him in the team as he was a arrogant fool and mixed amongst regular discipline hearings involving the club and also in public.

Football lover
20-10-2021, 10:20 AM
Tye Jones is not liked or has been liked by players or anyone at West Wallsend other than his little group of fools and is simply someone who they needed in recent hard times. The hilarious bit is they let him be nominated for team of the last 50 years and he has only ever played 2HD and won a premiership with a team of ex stars who didnt want him in the team as he was a arrogant fool and mixed amongst regular discipline hearings involving the club and also in public.

What a load of shit that is. You Absoulte clown whoever you are. The guys was chased by clubs every single yr and stuck loyal to play in the blue and white.. I’d love to know “which x stars” didn’t want him I know for a fact a certain coach in 2007 wouldn’t have put up with it if he was “not liked” also.

Giroudawakening
20-10-2021, 02:20 PM
Any predictions for next season? Any signings?

Goatscheese
22-10-2021, 11:26 AM
Any predictions for next season? Any signings?

Supposedly Southy have made some signing from a few NPL teams, out with the Darrel's son and all his has-been mates and in with the new and some young players that have come up through the youth at Southy.

GO AWAY
25-10-2021, 10:12 AM
Scott Smith to Toronto Awaba

cobra23
25-10-2021, 11:43 AM

will kill it if he stays fit
great signing

Giroudawakening
25-10-2021, 12:56 PM

Great signing, although didnt see much game time last two years due to injury

GO AWAY
27-10-2021, 10:34 AM
Pete McPherson to Toronto Awaba

ForeverRed
27-10-2021, 12:58 PM
Pete McPherson to Toronto Awaba
What’s happening with their youth teams is the more important question, sighing elderly players won’t fill the missing youth teams

W8 WATCHER
27-10-2021, 01:30 PM
What’s happening with their youth teams is the more important question, sighing elderly players won’t fill the missing youth teams

DT possibly the new talent player recruitment agent at the Stags ,
he seems to likes signing the grey army alot at big $$$$$
:grin::facepalm::deadhorse:

anything bro
27-10-2021, 06:02 PM
Don’t comment on what we are doing about youth if you don’t know. We have a good TD coming in to help us with that. Are you going to mention we have the youngest first grade squad out of any NPL and NEWFM? But yeah criticise a club working their asses off to get back to the top. We have the cheapest rego in the youth and we are doing our all to fill all grades.

ForeverRed
27-10-2021, 10:33 PM
Don’t comment on what we are doing about youth if you don’t know. We have a good TD coming in to help us with that. Are you going to mention we have the youngest first grade squad out of any NPL and NEWFM? But yeah criticise a club working their asses off to get back to the top. We have the cheapest rego in the youth and we are doing our all to fill all grades.
The last two seasons leaves the club open for questioning in regards to youth team numbers unfortunately, you have an obligation to the competition like all clubs, all clubs deserve to play a full season, if you can’t stick to the obligation maybe zone league is the answer,

Goatscheese
28-10-2021, 01:24 PM

He didn't comment, he literally said the question is what are they doing with them. Perhaps answer that rather than flying off the handle.

So you've signed Rufo who apparently gets a $1K bonus for every youth and JDL team that the club can get on the park. Which is a good incentive.

prawnhead
28-10-2021, 06:56 PM
He didn't comment, he literally said the question is what are they doing with them. Perhaps answer that rather than flying off the handle.

So you've signed Rufo who apparently gets a $1K bonus for every youth and JDL team that the club can get on the park. Which is a good incentive.

Geez - money for jam…

Hunter403
01-11-2021, 11:20 PM
Wow, NNSWF give out $160,000 in grants to local clubs and New Lambton got $78,000 of it. Must have been a fantastic submission! Well done!

W8 WATCHER
02-11-2021, 08:12 AM
Wow, NNSWF give out $160,000 in grants to local clubs and New Lambton got $78,000 of it. Must have been a fantastic submission! Well done!
The rest went to Rufo at Toronto, for bonuses to get kiddies teams lol

Goatscheese
02-11-2021, 10:43 AM
Geez - money for jam…

Considering they only had a 13s, 14s and a 10s last year, I dare say it will be quite a bit of work to fill all 8 teams.

anything bro
04-11-2021, 11:49 AM
The rest went to Rufo at Toronto, for bonuses to get kiddies teams lol

I guess clubs canÂ’t win. Wallsend, Singo and Stags donÂ’t get teams and they Cop a lot of shit from everyone else in the league. Stags try and make a play to get the youth teams and itÂ’s frowned at? Should we compare what Toronto probably pay their first grade players compared to other clubs in the youth? I know for a fact that Toronto would rather have their youth rego fees lower than pay their first grade players a shit tonne. Look at Southy, cashed up brought Darryl in (we know he likes to splash cash) and finished last. At least TorontoÂ’s trying to make a difference instead of just putting money in players pockets for underperforming.

ForeverRed
04-11-2021, 12:53 PM
I guess clubs canÂ’t win. Wallsend, Singo and Stags donÂ’t get teams and they Cop a lot of shit from everyone else in the league. Stags try and make a play to get the youth teams and itÂ’s frowned at? Should we compare what Toronto probably pay their first grade players compared to other clubs in the youth? I know for a fact that Toronto would rather have their youth rego fees lower than pay their first grade players a shit tonne. Look at Southy, cashed up brought Darryl in (we know he likes to splash cash) and finished last. At least TorontoÂ’s trying to make a difference instead of just putting money in players pockets for underperforming.
Haha this proves you know nothing, south Cardiff are never cashed up you fool, you seem to have a personal vendetta against Darryl, take it up with him and get your facts right, now move on boy

Hurricane
04-11-2021, 01:03 PM
Probably a player or a Player's father that Darryl upset at his time at Toronto by not playing in first grade. Jog on Newy 2.0

W8 WATCHER
04-11-2021, 01:15 PM

aren't you in the lock up?

Goatscheese
04-11-2021, 02:39 PM
Look at Southy, cashed up brought Darryl in (we know he likes to splash cash) and finished last. At least TorontoÂ’s trying to make a difference instead of just putting money in players pockets for underperforming.

One of the many reasons they got rid of Darryl it seems, paid his son and his mates any money and failed to win.

Bremsstrahlung
04-11-2021, 02:44 PM
aren't you in the lock up?

This was my thoughts. Don’t know if I’d be claiming to be 2.0

anything bro
04-11-2021, 03:04 PM
Haha this proves you know nothing, south Cardiff are never cashed up you fool, you seem to have a personal vendetta against Darryl, take it up with him and get your facts right, now move on boy

South Cardiff not cashed up? Yeah bullshit, former NPL club, charge a shit tonne for youth regos and one of the first clubs to invest in a veo camera. Also my mates who is 18 has been offered $150 a game and an extra $75 a win from the new first grade coach. But sure South arenÂ’t cashed up at all.

anything bro
04-11-2021, 03:05 PM
I left Toronto when Darryl came, then Darryl asked me to go to Southy with him. But yea I guess I am just a player who got upset by not playing first grade…

anything bro
04-11-2021, 03:06 PM
The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell

Undertaker
04-11-2021, 03:19 PM

If you’re claiming Southy have no money than you’re an idiot. I bet this is Sam the racist who hides behind his mummy and daddy when he gets called out.

Undertaker
04-11-2021, 03:40 PM
Considering they only had a 13s, 14s and a 10s last year, I dare say it will be quite a bit of work to fill all 8 teams.

The club had an U/9Â’s side and a red hot U/16Â’s side?

ForeverRed
04-11-2021, 07:40 PM
South Cardiff not cashed up? Yeah bullshit, former NPL club, charge a shit tonne for youth regos and one of the first clubs to invest in a veo camera. Also my mates who is 18 has been offered $150 a game and an extra $75 a win from the new first grade coach. But sure South arenÂ’t cashed up at all.
You really are an idiot, your original post commented on how much they splashed out last season etc and now your reply reverts to this season, which one is it mate,, do you know, can you remember, all them lies can make it tricky. take a hike mate, if you think $150 a game is splashing cash then you really have no idea,

Goatscheese
04-11-2021, 11:30 PM

Don't reckon you know what you're talking about my fiancee's brother is playing for the club and the rego is about the same for other NL1 clubs and I purchased 10 blocks of chocolate which I was told was going towards the veo camera, though plenty of other clubs had one before they did.

And $150/game isn't that much

Goatscheese
04-11-2021, 11:32 PM
The club had an U/9Â’s side and a red hot U/16Â’s side?

16s won't be part of the youth sides next season, can't use them to field a team

Jardelsimage
05-11-2021, 06:56 AM
The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell

the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

boz-monaut
05-11-2021, 06:19 PM
name, changed

ice, thin

Jim
06-11-2021, 09:22 AM
the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

:rof:

Jim
06-11-2021, 09:28 AM
16s won't be part of the youth sides next season, can't use them to field a team

what are the youth ages for 2022?

Goatscheese
06-11-2021, 01:33 PM
what are the youth ages for 2022?

U16s-U9s

So 2021 U16s will be going up to seniors

Hurricane
10-11-2021, 01:31 PM
Who is coaching Toronto first grade next season

GO AWAY
10-11-2021, 04:09 PM
Jarrod Hiles , local bloke, and former stag , was at Adamstown 18s I believe.
Good snippet on the stags on NBN last night I hear ….. missed it as I’m away.

sapdad
10-11-2021, 06:08 PM
Jarrod Hiles , local bloke, and former stag , was at Adamstown 18s I believe.
Good snippet on the stags on NBN last night I hear ….. missed it as I’m away.

Have crossed paths with him a few times over the years.Have some friends that know him pretty well.Everyone rates him as a quality bloke.Hope he does well.

KITZ
19-11-2021, 02:21 PM
Bump. In case anyone ever wants to find this thread again.

W8 WATCHER
19-11-2021, 02:53 PM
Bump. In case anyone ever wants to find this thread again.

any intel, around what clubs are in and out for 2022
lots of speculation around teams pulling out, a few months ago

Goatscheese
19-11-2021, 09:34 PM
any intel, around what clubs are in and out for 2022
lots of speculation around teams pulling out, a few months ago

Pulling out or forced out?

Toronto appear to be struggling for players across every age group, if Northern allow them to just participate in Senior grades will be interesting.

A good reason as to why decoupling should happen

JustMe
20-11-2021, 08:57 AM
bump
Carl sux

Captain_Carl
27-11-2021, 04:24 PM
Will 2022 be the final season in NL1 for New Lambton before being promoted to NPL? Will they be the club champions? As Cooks Hill are about to find out it will be a big step up.

Yesk21
01-12-2021, 10:08 AM
Just seen toronto stags promoting a free jets session for all juniors, good to see they are doing their best to fill squads for next year

Hunter403
01-12-2021, 01:05 PM
Just seen toronto stags promoting a free jets session for all juniors, good to see they are doing their best to fill squads for next year

Let's hope they can. As a coach in NL1, it is very frustrating that they can't meet the requirements of being in the competition.

Yesk21
01-12-2021, 02:48 PM
Let's hope they can. As a coach in NL1, it is very frustrating that they can't meet the requirements of being in the competition.

I can understand it’s frustrating but it’s not like they aren’t trying to fill them. Being apart of the stags system the last few years I can definitely see now they’ve got the right people in the right spots, hopefully we can fill it all up ASAP

Yesk21
18-12-2021, 10:13 AM
Any signings?

Football lover
20-12-2021, 11:11 PM
Any signings?

Andrew Cairney to west Wallsend

The Hacker
21-12-2021, 12:19 PM
Andrew Cairney to west Wallsend

I heard he was off to Cardiff. But I think they meant signings that will play first grade.

Football lover
21-12-2021, 12:26 PM
I heard he was off to Cardiff. But I think they meant signings that will play first grade.

All accords he has been training hard and wants to have 1 last crack before getting into coaching. So the club have given him a chance and see how pre season goes. I think he has had a bit of bad luck the last few yrs and wants to just get some enjoyment back. He can play tho so if he gets fit could be a good pick up