The Hacker
02-01-2021, 02:44 PM
Will we see all 10 teams return

Lofty
06-01-2021, 12:03 PM
Suns are in.

riverboy
07-01-2021, 09:17 AM
Sorry jardelsimage, just to clarify my earlier mistake. Season 2020 will go down as one where the premiers will have a * next to it. Again sorry for the confusion of putting it in the wrong thread.

Jardelsimage
07-01-2021, 12:50 PM
Sorry jardelsimage, just to clarify my earlier mistake. Season 2020 will go down as one where the premiers will have a * next to it. Again sorry for the confusion of putting it in the wrong thread.

all good, is that the same as Liverpools EPL title...always be a * next to it, try telling a pool supporter that..:wink:
cheers

ForeverRed
07-01-2021, 12:57 PM
Someone had to win it, looks like your club didn’t, take a hike sooky boy

Lofty
07-01-2021, 04:32 PM
Wasn't the same without a final series. Cardiff deserved the crown, but it was a bit of a meh season. I think we can all agree (apart from Mayfield) that winning of grand final day is what you want.
Definitely looking forward to this season! Hopefully it is as closely competitive as last year.

onlooker
07-01-2021, 05:27 PM
Wasn't the same without a final series. Cardiff deserved the crown, but it was a bit of a meh season. I think we can all agree (apart from Mayfield) that winning of grand final day is what you want.
Definitely looking forward to this season! Hopefully it is as closely competitive as last year.

I would be one of those who disagree with that. Being apart of a few teams that won a GF they are great for a party atmosphere and a cherry on top of a good season. But from a footballing point of view winning the premiership and gaining that elusive promotion ( fully aware you can’t get promoted from ZPL currently) that is what I always wanted from the season.

The Hacker
07-01-2021, 05:28 PM

Looking forward to a few Dudley v Suns Derby games. Hopefully the sheer hatred between both clubs is still there.
Any word on how Kotara are coming together I know they were struggling committee wise

Jardelsimage
07-01-2021, 06:58 PM
I would be one of those who disagree with that. Being apart of a few teams that won a GF they are great for a party atmosphere and a cherry on top of a good season. But from a footballing point of view winning the premiership and gaining that elusive promotion ( fully aware you can’t get promoted from ZPL currently) that is what I always wanted from the season.

Im a bit like you, the premiers plate was always my aim, GF's are a good party starter, but being the best all year is very different than winning one game.
Bring on 2021

riverboy
08-01-2021, 09:38 AM
all good, is that the same as Liverpools EPL title...always be a * next to it, try telling a pool supporter that..:wink:
cheers

In all serious congratulations to the Cardiff guys it's been some time between drinks. But this year will be the main test when Dudley and Kotara are back and players return.

Lofty
08-01-2021, 11:51 AM
Im a bit like you, the premiers plate was always my aim, GF's are a good party starter, but being the best all year is very different than winning one game.
Bring on 2021

I agree to an extent, but over the past few seasons the Suns have been lucky enough to win and lose GF's, with one very dominant minor premiership where we lost the GF. The GF wins without the premiership were more enjoyable than the minor premiership with a GF loss. Doing the double would certainly be very satisfying and unsure if any clubs have done that recently in firsts. But GF for me at this level and in this league where promotion isn't on the cards seems to be the biggest result. It's a shitty feeling if you're not there for the big dance. I'm sure plenty might disagree, but maybe it's because I don't mind a good party..

riverboy
09-01-2021, 09:47 AM
I agree to an extent, but over the past few seasons the Suns have been lucky enough to win and lose GF's, with one very dominant minor premiership where we lost the GF. The GF wins without the premiership were more enjoyable than the minor premiership with a GF loss. Doing the double would certainly be very satisfying and unsure if any clubs have done that recently in firsts. But GF for me at this level and in this league where promotion isn't on the cards seems to be the biggest result. It's a shitty feeling if you're not there for the big dance. I'm sure plenty might disagree, but maybe it's because I don't mind a good party..

The association should have had GF's last year, just 1 v 2 the following week after the season finished. I couldn't see why it didn't happen. If it was a scheduling thing with grounds required for cricket, then one of the rounds could have been midweek.

Jim
09-01-2021, 12:21 PM
The association should have had GF's last year, just 1 v 2 the following week after the season finished. I couldn't see why it didn't happen. If it was a scheduling thing with grounds required for cricket, then one of the rounds could have been midweek.

Definitely

BP Super Dynamos
09-01-2021, 08:13 PM
Definitely

Why? After a shortened, disjointed season, who cares who wins 1v2. It's not like a full finals series

riverboy
10-01-2021, 10:24 AM
Why? After a shortened, disjointed season, who cares who wins 1v2. It's not like a full finals series

I'd say your in the minority mate, I bet you teams 1-2 in all levels of football would have jumped at the opportunity of a gf. It certainly would have created some interest in nearly all competitions as there didn't appear to be much at all towards season's end.

As for the final series, why does zone league persist with the 1v4, 2v3 final series? NNSW NPL got rid of it and the final series was great, you nearly always get the 2 best form teams at seasons end in the final like Edgeworth v Maitland.
The zone way means that teams 2 and 3 can both never play each other in GF.

Hurricane
10-01-2021, 11:04 AM
I'd say your in the minority mate, I bet you teams 1-2 in all levels of football would have jumped at the opportunity of a gf. It certainly would have created some interest in nearly all competitions as there didn't appear to be much at all towards season's end.

As for the final series, why does zone league persist with the 1v4, 2v3 final series? NNSW NPL got rid of it and the final series was great, you nearly always get the 2 best form teams at seasons end in the final like Edgeworth v Maitland.
The zone way means that teams 2 and 3 can both never play each other in GF.

Don't know if Maitland were in the best 2 form teams. They only just snuck into 5th place,but I agree with you that there should have been a gf

Jim
10-01-2021, 11:29 AM

Enough of the season was played and the clubs who put teams out deserve more than any other year to be rewarded.

I would have watched all grades and sour grapes can stay home. simple

Shere Khan
01-02-2021, 09:18 PM
Any updates on teams lads?
Few clubs going altogether in the zone league and hearing some others may struggle for numbers.
Will teams that didn’t play at all or only with two grades find it hard.
Post COVID could be as difficult as 2020.
Thoughts?

The Hacker
02-02-2021, 08:06 PM
Any updates on teams lads?
Few clubs going altogether in the zone league and hearing some others may struggle for numbers.
Will teams that didn’t play at all or only with two grades find it hard.
Post COVID could be as difficult as 2020.
Thoughts?

I would think of the teams that sat out the year Warner’s Bay might be the one that struggles the most. They weren’t particularly strong 2019. Dudley and Kotara should ok as they have always been able to draw players

mge61
02-02-2021, 09:25 PM
Azzurri looking for more numbers?

The Hacker
04-02-2021, 11:23 AM
Azzurri looking for more numbers?

They have been very quiet maybe they realize the step up is bigger than they expected

FatKeeper
10-02-2021, 11:36 AM
If any teams are after a trial game Newcastle Suns are looking for potentially 1 squad maybe 2 as first grade have trials booked in
If any teams are able to host we would be interested please contact 0421835026

The Hacker
12-02-2021, 12:03 PM
gday fellas I'm a new player this year, hoping to make it into the squad i am training with.
keen as for the season
just wondering, how many players do most clubs usually have in their whole squad, 1st/res/3rd?

I think the stronger clubs take 44+ from experience

Jardelsimage
12-02-2021, 01:26 PM
I think the stronger clubs take 44+ from experience

48 generally, but still end up being short at least one weekend through the year.

salmon
12-02-2021, 06:28 PM
They have been very quiet maybe they realize the step up is bigger than they expected

Think we did alright with the step up (albiet in a COVID disrupted season) considering majority of our first grade starting XI last season has been with the club since ZL3 days.

We are pretty happy with where we are at and have had one hit-out (4-2 loss to Cooks Hill NewFM). We are hoping to be competitive enough. Very much looking forward to 2021 edition of the competition, especially with the returning teams.

Any other teams had pre-season matches as of yet?

FatKeeper
13-02-2021, 01:27 PM
Think we did alright with the step up (albiet in a COVID disrupted season) considering majority of our first grade starting XI last season has been with the club since ZL3 days.

We are pretty happy with where we are at and have had one hit-out (4-2 loss to Cooks Hill NewFM). We are hoping to be competitive enough. Very much looking forward to 2021 edition of the competition, especially with the returning teams.

Any other teams had pre-season matches as of yet?

Newcastle Suns went down to Lake Macquarie NPL 4-1 Last Thursday

The Hacker
13-02-2021, 08:52 PM
Heard Dudley were playing Kahibah in the old local derby this weekend

The Hacker
21-02-2021, 09:20 AM
Heard Dudley were playing Kahibah in the old local derby this weekend

Any trials held this weekend

FatKeeper
21-02-2021, 03:18 PM
Any trials held this weekend

Newcastle Suns Vs Kanwal Rovers
Firsts 3-1
Reserves 2-2

The Hacker
21-02-2021, 08:59 PM
Newcastle Suns Vs Kanwal Rovers
Firsts 3-1
Reserves 2-2

Hats of to the Suns. Each year they find the most random teams to play trials against where no one knows the standard they are up against. I hate to say it but it’s clever.

Jardelsimage
22-02-2021, 06:32 AM
Hats of to the Suns. Each year they find the most random teams to play trials against where no one knows the standard they are up against. I hate to say it but it’s clever.

Kanwal play in the Premier comp in the Central Coast comp, it is a very similar comp to HIT up hear, top teams are pretty good, then it drops off a bit.
Good result for the Suns.

Bleachers
22-02-2021, 11:13 AM
Hamilton Azzurri vs Minmi Wanderers
Reserve grade: 6-1
First grade: Washed out

Lofty
22-02-2021, 01:31 PM

Trial games are trial games. They are just to get in a few km's in the legs and to play some football. Not sure whether the opponent being random to some people is 'clever'. The opponent is irrelevant.
For everyone's peace of mind, all remaining trial games are against local, non-random teams :thumbsup:

The Hacker
23-02-2021, 08:11 PM
How are the 3 returning clubs shaping up numbers and strength wise. As seen in a few lower divisions teams that missed the year have fallen over

United
24-02-2021, 03:22 PM
How are the 3 returning clubs shaping up numbers and strength wise. As seen in a few lower divisions teams that missed the year have fallen over

Dudley have around 50 players training so they aren’t going anywhere

Haircut
25-02-2021, 12:44 PM
Azzurri to play out of Hexham?

Jardelsimage
25-02-2021, 01:19 PM

and CCFC will be playing out of Evans Park, no more fukin cricket pitch......:yay:

ForeverRed
25-02-2021, 01:52 PM
and CCFC will be playing out of Evans Park, no more fukin cricket pitch......:yay:

Really

Alton
25-02-2021, 02:10 PM

Wow thats big news

Bremsstrahlung
25-02-2021, 02:37 PM

Amalgamation/association with Cardiff Juniors? Or purely ground utilisation?

Jardelsimage
25-02-2021, 03:07 PM
Amalgamation/association with Cardiff Juniors? Or purely ground utilisation?

bit of everything thrown in, long story buts its been going to happen for a long time, just needed all the planets to align, they did and shit has happened quite quickly.
CJSC's senior teams are coming under the CCFC banner for 2021.
That will give us:
ZPL
ZL3
AA x 4
o35's x 2
CJSC will not field any teams in season 2021.

Bremsstrahlung
25-02-2021, 03:13 PM
bit of everything thrown in, long story buts its been going to happen for a long time, just needed all the planets to align, they did and shit has happened quite quickly.
CJSC's senior teams are coming under the CCFC banner for 2021.
That will give us:
ZPL
ZL3
AA x 4
o35's x 2
CJSC will not field any teams in season 2021.

Good news. Any dealings I had (years ago) with Cardiff Juniors were always very positive and their facilities there now are pretty good.
Sometimes it just makes sense for these geographical connections to pool resources and grow.
You mean they will field no senior teams? Or no teams at all (Eg juniors also)

Jardelsimage
25-02-2021, 03:47 PM
Good news. Any dealings I had (years ago) with Cardiff Juniors were always very positive and their facilities there now are pretty good.
Sometimes it just makes sense for these geographical connections to pool resources and grow.
You mean they will field no senior teams? Or no teams at all (Eg juniors also)
at all.

Bremsstrahlung
25-02-2021, 04:48 PM
at all.
Oh wow. Unfortunate.
Imagine South Cardiff, Warner’s bay and Garden Suburbs will be taking on those displaced.

The Hacker
25-02-2021, 04:49 PM

Surely not

evolution
25-02-2021, 09:06 PM
Oh wow. Unfortunate.
Imagine South Cardiff, Warner’s bay and Garden Suburbs will be taking on those displaced.

The unfortunate consequence of pulling out from last years season due to COVID is that few (if any) of the kids we had before came back to us - only just had enough juniors sign up to enter a single team so not feasible for us to go ahead. With City coming over (which we are very excited about) it made sense for the senior sides to sign up under them.

ForeverRed
25-02-2021, 09:13 PM
Does this now mean Cardiff junior football are no longer a club

evolution
25-02-2021, 09:16 PM
Does this now mean Cardiff junior football are no longer a club

No, we are still a club.

ForeverRed
25-02-2021, 09:30 PM
No, we are still a club.
By my understanding you have no teams, how are you still a club

evolution
25-02-2021, 09:58 PM
By my understanding you have no teams, how are you still a club

Still have a committee, still registered with Macquarie, Northern, FFA etc., still recognised by council and still planning on competing in some way, shape or form in the years to come.

The Hacker
02-03-2021, 03:17 PM
Kotara copped a touch up from Merewether on the weekend. They had been really strong pre covid. The year off may have depleted that strength

Aegon
05-03-2021, 09:17 AM
Kotara copped a touch up from Merewether on the weekend. They had been really strong pre covid. The year off may have depleted that strength

Might have been short on numbers? They gave Kahibah a pretty good run a few weeks ago.

Haircut
12-03-2021, 02:10 PM
Any ideas when the draw will actually be finalised and up online?

Hornigold
17-03-2021, 05:25 PM
Long time reader, first time poster here.

The lack of activity on this forum is underwhelming. The players, coaching staff and spectators deserve better! Get amongst it people, the season is almost upon us!

Predictions:
Dudley
Suns
Cardiff
Azzurri
Swansea
Kotara
Cookers
Mayfield
W Bay
Bero

Dudley
NPL ressies do ZPL. Made up of NPL reserve graders and Dudley veterans. They will be experienced, clinical and too strong for most of the comp. They have lost their crowd favourite and ‘ZPL immortal’ coach, Davo, who is now solely focussing on his O35s career. They have also lost a few of their NPL rejects from the pre-COVID era who are apparently chasing fame and money in newFM or whatever that nothing league is called now. Hopefully the local flogs still remember where the oval is, so we can marvel at their mob-like behaviour after a coupla froths.

Suns
The sun is shining? Bit of a gamble here. The usual faces are back and a few old magicians have joined the ranks. The Suns have taken preseason seriously for the first time in living memory, despite the weather gods trying to break their resilience. I think this unprecedented fitness level will see them get points before the start of the second round. When it all clicks, there is no denying that they are prettiest footballers in the comp. But football is more than being pretty and everyone knows that the Suns are the best in the comp at beating themselves. Lack of depth will be an issue.

Cardiff
The kings of nothing. Full of confidence from winning whatever last year was, South Cardiff ressies will look to go back to back. This year though they will see the real ZPL and as such, get a reality check. There’s not to say there isn’t some quality in this squad, despite their coach’s best effort to stamp out any class or tactics from the players. Playing on a field that will now be conducive for football will be make or break. The film crew will be back but it’s undecided whether they’re with Optus sports or housos.

Azzurri
Homeless in Hexham. A significant delay for the squad getting their tetanus shots has meant that the Hexham azzurri bees have experienced a very disrupted preseason. However, as they showed last year, they have some immense quality in the squad despite losing their journeyman keeper to their rivals. They also showed that for the most part that their cockiness was misplaced. With their ego realigned we will see a better, more grounded azzurri than we did last year. What is yet to be known is whether azzurri fans will don the akubra, as they make Hexham home.

Swansea
Yesterday’s champions. It seems by miracle that Josh Maguire didn’t send the club broke with his wages and match day demands but he has left the club, leaving behind a walking frame and a mobility scooter. They’ll need another miracle if they are to make finals again without their marquee. In what could only be described as an ageing squad, the Swans will be relying on the long throw-in and hope some Belswans rejects cross the bridge to cover over the appearing cracks. Will this be the last we see from some of the champions?

Kotara
The back to back losers are back. After taking a year off to lick their wounds, the tigers are without their most prized possession, the whippet as he is off to seek fame and fortune. Apparently he was in such a hurry to leave that he abandoned his litter of young pups out the front of the clubhouse. Their pre-COVID coach/keeper/journeyman is now at his third ZPL club in as many years. New coach, new squad will mean they are no longer the biggest tiger in the jungle. I can’t see them becoming back to back to back losers.

Cookers
Fire in the hole is cooked. Gaining promotion via another team’s misfortune is never going to win you any fans. This coupled with the fact that their team is actually the Cookers ressies ressies tells me that unfortunately the best chant in the comp will not be heard too often. An obvious strength will be their fitness, fresh off a preseason on the track, Cookers will make teams work for their inevitable victories but that’s where the strengths finish. The best of the relegation battle.

Mayfield
Grubbiest of them all. What a fall from grace these now third rate tigers have had. Once winning minors undefeated but still failing to make the big dance, Mayfield are determined as ever to finally win a grandy with their O35s team. They’ll be very experienced but lacking in every other part of the game. Grubby non-spectacles aplenty in these games.

Warners Bay
Lol.

Bero
Bye bye Bero. If their players, field and fans weren’t so shit I’d actually be sad. The days of Danny Burt and grand finals are long gone. I can’t see them winning many games nor can I see them returning anytime soon and we will see a few records be broken here, at the expense of Bero. Would happily see them replaced by Peter Haynes FC or do a day trip up to Nelson Bay.

rod
17-03-2021, 07:30 PM

The lack of activity on this forum is underwhelming. The players, coaching staff and spectators deserve better! Get amongst it people, the season is almost upon us!

"Long time reader, first time poster here." - well there's yr problem

Hotline
17-03-2021, 07:34 PM
But a fantastic post nonetheless!

rod
17-03-2021, 07:53 PM
agreed, this is the kind of content i am here to see

bring on the season

ForeverRed
17-03-2021, 10:12 PM

Predictions:
Dudley
Suns
Cardiff
Azzurri
Swansea
Kotara
Cookers
Mayfield
W Bay
Bero

Dudley
NPL ressies do ZPL. Made up of NPL reserve graders and Dudley veterans. They will be experienced, clinical and too strong for most of the comp. They have lost their crowd favourite and ‘ZPL immortal’ coach, Davo, who is now solely focussing on his O35s career. They have also lost a few of their NPL rejects from the pre-COVID era who are apparently chasing fame and money in newFM or whatever that nothing league is called now. Hopefully the local flogs still remember where the oval is, so we can marvel at their mob-like behaviour after a coupla froths.

Suns
The sun is shining? Bit of a gamble here. The usual faces are back and a few old magicians have joined the ranks. The Suns have taken preseason seriously for the first time in living memory, despite the weather gods trying to break their resilience. I think this unprecedented fitness level will see them get points before the start of the second round. When it all clicks, there is no denying that they are prettiest footballers in the comp. But football is more than being pretty and everyone knows that the Suns are the best in the comp at beating themselves. Lack of depth will be an issue.

Cardiff
The kings of nothing. Full of confidence from winning whatever last year was, South Cardiff ressies will look to go back to back. This year though they will see the real ZPL and as such, get a reality check. There’s not to say there isn’t some quality in this squad, despite their coach’s best effort to stamp out any class or tactics from the players. Playing on a field that will now be conducive for football will be make or break. The film crew will be back but it’s undecided whether they’re with Optus sports or housos.

Azzurri
Homeless in Hexham. A significant delay for the squad getting their tetanus shots has meant that the Hexham azzurri bees have experienced a very disrupted preseason. However, as they showed last year, they have some immense quality in the squad despite losing their journeyman keeper to their rivals. They also showed that for the most part that their cockiness was misplaced. With their ego realigned we will see a better, more grounded azzurri than we did last year. What is yet to be known is whether azzurri fans will don the akubra, as they make Hexham home.

Swansea
Yesterday’s champions. It seems by miracle that Josh Maguire didn’t send the club broke with his wages and match day demands but he has left the club, leaving behind a walking frame and a mobility scooter. They’ll need another miracle if they are to make finals again without their marquee. In what could only be described as an ageing squad, the Swans will be relying on the long throw-in and hope some Belswans rejects cross the bridge to cover over the appearing cracks. Will this be the last we see from some of the champions?

Kotara
The back to back losers are back. After taking a year off to lick their wounds, the tigers are without their most prized possession, the whippet as he is off to seek fame and fortune. Apparently he was in such a hurry to leave that he abandoned his litter of young pups out the front of the clubhouse. Their pre-COVID coach/keeper/journeyman is now at his third ZPL club in as many years. New coach, new squad will mean they are no longer the biggest tiger in the jungle. I can’t see them becoming back to back to back losers.

Cookers
Fire in the hole is cooked. Gaining promotion via another team’s misfortune is never going to win you any fans. This coupled with the fact that their team is actually the Cookers ressies ressies tells me that unfortunately the best chant in the comp will not be heard too often. An obvious strength will be their fitness, fresh off a preseason on the track, Cookers will make teams work for their inevitable victories but that’s where the strengths finish. The best of the relegation battle.

Mayfield
Grubbiest of them all. What a fall from grace these now third rate tigers have had. Once winning minors undefeated but still failing to make the big dance, Mayfield are determined as ever to finally win a grandy with their O35s team. They’ll be very experienced but lacking in every other part of the game. Grubby non-spectacles aplenty in these games.

Warners Bay
Lol.

Bero
Bye bye Bero. If their players, field and fans weren’t so shit I’d actually be sad. The days of Danny Burt and grand finals are long gone. I can’t see them winning many games nor can I see them returning anytime soon and we will see a few records be broken here, at the expense of Bero. Would happily see them replaced by Peter Haynes FC or do a day trip up to Nelson Bay.

I’m a flog on the hill at Dudley, make sure you come say hello, we like your type 👊

Lofty
17-03-2021, 10:25 PM
That was a good read. Definitely got me a bit more excited for season!

Dudley knocked off Swansea in the FFA cup tonight. Suns take on Cardiff this weekend also. Good to see how the early season form is looking.

Jardelsimage
18-03-2021, 06:41 AM
That was a good read. Definitely got me a bit more excited for season!

Dudley knocked off Swansea in the FFA cup tonight. Suns take on Cardiff this weekend also. Good to see how the early season form is looking.

Any scores lofty?

The Hacker
18-03-2021, 08:56 AM
Any scores lofty?

2-1. Dudley missed a penalty. Both teams knocked the ball well. Could of been 5-2 Dudley with Swansea’s keeper making 3 top shelf saves to keep them in it and Dudleys keeper making a 1 on 1 to keep it 2-1. Enjoyable night of football and good to see Dudley back.

gtg
19-03-2021, 04:53 PM
Any predictions on the % of games this season that will be washed out? Not looking good and it's only March! On another note, went and watch the mighty Thistles in the cup. We played really well and deserved more goals but gee that Swansea keeper is a top class player. Best of luck for the season, come on you Thistles!

Hornigold
19-03-2021, 05:12 PM
I’m a flog on the hill at Dudley, make sure you come say hello, we like your type 👊

Lol :wanker:

Anyone else going to post their predictions for the season? Would love to see someone else share their thoughts (at your own peril lol)! Players in and out?

Bleachers
20-03-2021, 03:54 PM
Dudley
I hear only good things about their quality across all three grades. Pre-season results are backing this up. Playing on the surface at Lydon will be the highlight on everyone’s calendar. Coping abuse from the crowd will be the lowlight.

Azzurri
They’ve picked up quality players in the positions they’ve always struggled with. New crack striker, big direct stopper and a couples others. They never had a problem scoring goals, they should get more, and perhaps stop some too. Goals galore every game.

Suns
Age shouldn’t diminish their best players’ assets (which is not pace and fitness lol), and they’ve got some upgrades, especially at keeper. Awesome shotstopper. They’ll continue to be a bit like Liverpool; beat the good teams and lose to the bad ones.

Cardiff
Will be competitive, but a full season will take its toll. If your gameplan is based on physicality, playing lots of games doesn’t bode well for durability. Understanding tactics and creating an option B or C when needed could also be their undoing.

Mayfield
You don’t need pace and quickness when the ball spends most of the time in the air. The long game will create headaches for some teams. They also get stuck-in physically themselves. I see the opposite of the Suns; they’ll pick-up points against the top sides and drop them against the bottom rung.

Swansea
Say what you want about the amount they paid Spud, but he really brought a lot to the Swans other than his individual playing quality. The way he directed the young boys around the park was a tribute to the bloke. I think they will miss him much more than what he individually gave them on the field.

Kotara
I’ve yet to see them play and their results have been quite perplexing. Either they’re better than 2019 or worse – I’ve also heard both storylines. I’m airing on the side they’re weaker than 2019, as finding a whole new team that could challenge for finals would be a monumental task.

Cooks Hill
They belong in ZPL, but across the board it lacks the quality to compete at the top of the table across all of the grades. The club does a phenomenal job to put out as many senior teams as it does; maybe they could coax some of their really good AA players to make the jump to Zone?

Beresfield
Some teams will fold-up like a deck chair at Pasadena with the heckling, tight pitch and physicality of the Bero boys. The not so tactically astute ones will drop points here, allowing Bero to limp through the season and avoid the spoon.

Warners Bay
2021 ZPL will be a big upgrade from 2019. I’ve only heard that across the three grades they’ve come back without as much quality. I haven’t seen any pre-season results… either they’ve been continually washed out, or have they been too poor to share? It will be a long year. But wow, that surface at John St. Oval will allow the prettier teams to play some quality football.

Cognitio
24-03-2021, 11:56 AM
2021 ZPL Minor Premiership Predictions

1st. Cardiff
- 1st in 2020
- By all accounts have retained their premiership winning squad.
- Established team which played the best football in 2020.
- Will have confidence and expectation to go and win every game possible.

2nd. Dudley
- 2nd in 2019 (equal 1st)
- FFA cup win over Swansea gives them an edge.
- Always recruit quality and experienced players.
- Home ground quality surface and crowd gives them advantage over other teams.

3rd. Swansea
- 2nd in 2020
- Established 1st grade team with experienced players.
- The loss of Josh McGuire will impact results and playing standards.
- Quality squad depth. Reserve grade was the best team of the 2020 season (1st).

4th. Suns
- 4th in 2020
- Strengthened in key positions
- Historical long winning streaks throughout a season will get them into 4th.
- Will just not have the structure and discipline to beat the top 2-3 teams.

5th. Azzuri
- 3rd in 2020
- Second year and with stronger opposition will affect results.
- 3rd place in 2020 was a great result. Consolidation will allow them to consistently beat the bottom 5 teams.

6th. Mayfield
- 6th in 2020
- A club rebuilding, inconsistent results will see them finish mid table.
- Experienced players and efficient play will enable them to beat the bottom teams.

7th. Cooks Hill
- 5th in 2020
- Second year syndrome will take the intensity away from their game.
- Will just not beat many of the top 5 teams.

8th. Kotara
- 4th in 2019
- The loss of key players takes away a lot of goals and wins.
- Rebuilding an entire club after a year off will affect 1st grades depth and quality.

9th. Warners Bay
Missing the 2020 season will be hard to come back from.
- Will not have the squad depth to cover injuries, suspensions, absences.
- With approx. 12 points being traditionally enough to not finish last (relegation safety), W. Bay should be able to pick up 3 wins and 3 draws this season against lower teams.

10th. Beresfield
- 7th in 2020. Last place.
- Unlike Jesmond, Barnsley and Terrace in the past, the 2020 promotion squads are too good to go down in their second season.
- Just don’t have the quality in any areas of the pitch.
- Only 1 win in 2020. I can’t see them getting to the historical 12 points for safety.

rod
24-03-2021, 01:58 PM
12 points for safety.

so how does promotion/relegation work?
i'm assuming that if you get less than 12 points you are relegated and the winners of the league below is promoted? premiers or grand final winners?
is there more factors that go into it?
why don't they just make it automatic relegation like euro leagues?

Jardelsimage
24-03-2021, 02:49 PM
so how does promotion/relegation work?
i'm assuming that if you get less than 12 points you are relegated and the winners of the league below is promoted? premiers or grand final winners?
is there more factors that go into it?
why don't they just make it automatic relegation like euro leagues?

i think he means if you don't reach 12points you will go.
It is automatic relegation (last) and promotion(premier) in the Zone Leagues except ZPL where the premiers stay put and have for years, but losers drop.

rod
24-03-2021, 11:46 PM
i think he means if you don't reach 12points you will go.
It is automatic relegation (last) and promotion(premier) in the Zone Leagues except ZPL where the premiers stay put and have for years, but losers drop.

is it based on all 3 grades or just first grade?

Jardelsimage
25-03-2021, 06:11 AM
is it based on all 3 grades or just first grade?

1st grade only.

Lofty
30-03-2021, 11:21 PM
FFA Cup tonight;
Cardiff 1 - 5 the other team

The Hacker
31-03-2021, 09:31 AM
Now that we have seen some trials and FFA cup results here’s my predictions.

Suns
They appear in better form at this time of year than ever before. A 5-1 defeat of last years ‘Premiers’ suggest they are in for a big year.

Dudley
Looks like they have landed some quality this year. They just need to get over the semi final hurdle. Time will tell if the year off will help or hinder them. A Dudley v Suns GF what a promoters dream and security nightmare.

Swansea
They lose McGuire but keep Bevan. Their Reggies were good last year so they might be able to cover the lose. If so they will be there abouts.

Cardiff
This club is like a yo-yo over the years. They are really good one year and battle relegation the next. I don’t see them dropping of the cliff but with a full comp and teams strengthening they will battle between 3-6th

Azzurri
The lads came up all guns blazing and all hot air having dominating the lower divisions. The step up caught them out. They will score goals, my worry is can they stop them. After Monday nights result the wordy has only grown.

Cooks Hill
They held their own against Dudley in a trial and will beat the teams below them but may struggle to be the teams above them. If teams aren’t on their game Cookers will knock you over.

Mayfield
It will be a long year for the green Tigers. While other teams have strengthened these boys have stood still and it will show this year. If they play the long ball all year again they will be in for a relegation battle

Kotara
Tough one hear. They beat Azzurri in FFA cup but after a year off and a young squad I think Kotara will be up and down. They have a new coach and it will take time for them to get consistent. Will finish 5-8th

Warner’s Bay
I hope they stay up because their ground looks mint. The 2 games against Bero will be like GF’s

Bero
Were shocking last year and the comp has just gotten stronger. If they start getting beat easily I hope you pack the big shin pads

Haircut
12-04-2021, 04:30 PM
Opening Round Predictions
Swansea 2 Kotara 0
Warners Bay 1 Azzurri 4
Mayfield 2 Cooks Hill 3
Suns 4 Beresfield 1
Match of the Round
Dudley 2 Cardiff 1

Cognitio
14-04-2021, 11:52 AM
Round 1 Stats and Predictions

Swansea vs. Kotara
- Swansea have won their last 4 opening day matches, suffering their last round 1 loss to the hands of Bero in 2016.
- Since their promotion in 2017, Kotara have won all three of their opening day matches while in ZPL. (3-1, 3-1, 4-1).
- The last time these teams met was in the 2019 ZPL Grand Final. Swansea won 2-0.
Swansea 3-0

W. Bay vs. Azzuri
- Warners Bay have lost all three of their opening round matches since their promotion in 2017.
- Azzuri lost their 2020 opening game to Swansea 3-2.
Azzuri 3-1

Mayfield vs. Cooks Hill
- There were a total of 12 goals in Mayfield and Cooks Hill’s two games last season.
- Cooks Hill have won their last 4 opening day fixture matches going back to 2016. A 2-0 loss to Kotara in Zone League One.
Draw 2-2

Suns vs. Bero
- Beresfield has lost their last 3 opening round fixtures. Their last opening round win came against Swansea in 2016.
- Beresfield won only 1 game in the 2020 COVID season. That was against the Suns (4-2).
- Beresfield could be considered a bit of a bogey team for the Suns. Since Beresfield’s promotion in 2015, Suns have won 5 games while Beresfield have won 6 matches (1 draw).
Suns 6-0

Dudley vs. Cardiff
- Dudley have won their last 5 encounters against Cardiff.
- Cardiff's last win against Dudley came in round 3 of the 2016 season, 8 matches ago.
- Dudley and Cardiff have played each other in the ZPL on 16 occasions since 2012. Cardiff with 5 wins, 2 draws and Dudley having 9 wins.
Draw 2-2

The Hacker
14-04-2021, 07:26 PM
How is the home ground of Hexham Azzurri looking is it the old footy ground or is there another one in there

Hornigold
15-04-2021, 01:29 PM
Great to some life injected into the forum! The weekend is almost upon us!

Predictions:
Swansea 2-2 Kotara; Grand final rematch. I fear that this will come too soon for the young Tigers, but the Swans are unproven without The Walking Stick. Early Swans lead to be cancelled out late in the game. Oh the drama!
W Bay 0-7 Azzurri; Carpet laid out for the Hexham Hornets. Playing on carpet will suit the Hornets, but it will be a very long 90 minutes for the weak Panthers.
Mayfield 2-2 Cooks; long ball galore. Tigers will play long ball. Cookers will try to play football but will quickly realise that can’t happen at Mayfield. Ugly.
Suns 12-1 Bero; Cricket score at the cricket oval. The start of very very long season for poor Bero. Suns won’t show mercy and will humiliate them. Won’t be clean.
Dudley 4-2 Cardiff; Thistle do me. Match of the round. I’ll be having beers with ForeverRed, throwing insults at the ultimate bogan of ZPL and his Tigers before ForeverFlog mugs me for my beer. A quick reality check for the Tigers awaits, as the Thistles start their season off to a flyer!

Bleachers
15-04-2021, 02:37 PM
Swansea 3-1 Kotara -- Watched one game of the baby Tigers and I think against the experienced teams they will come unstuck pretty easily
Warners Bay 2-5 Azzurri -- Azzurri love a good old fashioned goal leak, but they're too dangerous up top
Mayfield 3-2 Cookers -- Cooks Hill look weaker this year after watching them in a trial against ZL1 Olympic. The Tigers looked decent in their FFA Cup games
Suns 3-1 Beresfield -- They always underperform against the lower teams in the comp. But Suns at their worst will easily account for a Bero at their best
Dudley 4-1 Cardiff -- I don't think any team in this comp can handle the combined quality of the Dudley side and the quality of the Dudley crowd sledging at Duggo

Hornigold
15-04-2021, 08:24 PM
Please please please come introduce yourself, or are you just key board wander

I’ll wander down, if I can get away from my keyboard :slap:

gtg
16-04-2021, 11:11 AM
Round 1 Predictions

Swansea 4-1 Kotara
Swansea will be too strong for Kotara who were lucky to beat Azzurri in the cup. This will likely be the most boring game of the round.

Warners Bay 2 - 3 Azzurri
For all the talk of Warners Bay being terrible, don't count them out. Hexham Azzurri missing four first grade players including one of their key players up top. They will continue to leak goals but they will be too strong in attack for the bay especially playing on a decent pitch.

Mayfield 3-2 Cooks Hill
Early six pointer as far as relegation is concerned. Cooks Hill have had a bit of a mixed pre-season and Mayfield will hit them with long balls all day.

Suns 7-0 Beresfield
With a few key players out due to suspension, this will be the best chance anyone has of beating the star-studded Suns this year. Rumour has it they're paying Daniel Casciaroli to play for them too. Add that to whatever they're paying the Palozzi boys and you've got a sizeable wage bill. Anything other than a flogging would be an upset.

Dudley 3-1 Cardiff
My boys the thistles will be coming in strong to this one. We have a good record against the 'diff and will look to continue it tomorrow. Expect a master class against last years champions.

Lofty
16-04-2021, 11:41 AM
Round 1 Predictions

Suns 7-0 Beresfield
With a few key players out due to suspension, this will be the best chance anyone has of beating the star-studded Suns this year. Rumour has it they're paying Daniel Casciaroli to play for them too. Add that to whatever they're paying the Palozzi boys and you've got a sizeable wage bill. Anything other than a flogging would be an upset.

The fact that people still think we pay players or have ever paid a single player is hilarious. It's definitely a massive compliment. I guess that's the whole point though, the forum would be boring if these sorts of comments weren't thrown around, so please do carry on kind sir.

I'm sure as everyone would be, very much looking forward to kicking off the season. A favourable summer has led to just about every pitch being in the best condition in recent memory. Carrodise actually is completely covered in grass. Unfortunately the cricket square in the middle will forever be the nuisance that it is. We are however aiming to play a couple of games over at Myer Park this season which are yet to be confirmed.

Good luck to all this season. Hope its a great year and as injury free as possible!

THEBIGCHEESE
16-04-2021, 12:29 PM
Round 1 Predictions

Swansea 1-3 Kotara
Upset of the round. No Maguire = no attacking threat. 1-1 at half time and the younger legs to snatch 2 in the last 10 minutes. Start of a long, long season for the Swans.

Warners Bay 1 - 4 Azzurri
Will have all the possession and possess to much quality up front not to score goals. Always prone to an error but they will far to strong for a unknown Warners Bay.

Mayfield 3-3 Cooks Hill
Six goal thriller on the cards with all supporters to look upwards if the want to see the ball and advised to book in to see a Chiropractor on Monday.

Suns 4-0 Beresfield
Suns will be strong and will comfortably. The only question is will Bero pick up more yellow cards than goals conceded. I think yes.

Dudley 5-1 Cardiff
Early form would suggest Dudley are favourites and will win this. Cardiff will try hard but ultimately wont mean a thing. Shame Optus aren't there, I am sure the country would love to see the reaction from a resounding loss.

mge61
16-04-2021, 01:28 PM
Round 1 Predictions

Swansea 1-3 Kotara
Upset of the round. No Maguire = no attacking threat. 1-1 at half time and the younger legs to snatch 2 in the last 10 minutes. Start of a long, long season for the Swans.

Warners Bay 1 - 4 Azzurri
Will have all the possession and possess to much quality up front not to score goals. Always prone to an error but they will far to strong for a unknown Warners Bay.

Mayfield 3-3 Cooks Hill
Six goal thriller on the cards with all supporters to look upwards if the want to see the ball and advised to book in to see a Chiropractor on Monday.

Suns 4-0 Beresfield
Suns will be strong and will comfortably. The only question is will Bero pick up more yellow cards than goals conceded. I think yes.

Dudley 5-1 Cardiff
Early form would suggest Dudley are favourites and will win this. Cardiff will try hard but ultimately wont mean a thing. Shame Optus aren't there, I am sure the country would love to see the reaction from a resounding loss.

Didn't Warners Bay only get beat 3-2 against Westy in the Cup this week. Azzurri definitely not as strong this year as last. Maybe this one might be a close affair.

The Hacker
17-04-2021, 10:31 AM
Round 1

Swansea v Kotara
This will be a good test for Kotara back in the comp after last year. The experience of a few of the Swansea boys like Bevo might be enough
Swansea 1-0

Warners Bay v Azzurri
Azzurri have been very quiet this off season and had an early ffa cup loss. Warners Bay coming back in the comp will find this a test. The blues defense could be their Achilles heel
Azzurri 2-1

Mayfield v Cookers
This could be the battle between 7v8. It’s hard seeing these 2 pushing the top 4. I think Cooks Hill will try snd play football a little more.
Draw 1-1

Suns v Bero
It’s hard to see any way that the Suns lose this but Bero are their bogey side. Suns have made some quality signings and I think are looking good for the top 2.
Suns 3-0

Dudley v Cardiff
This should be a good test for Dudley after a year off. The forum is going wild for Dudley. Let’s not forget Cardiff won the comp last year and have added to their squad. This won’t be a cake walk that others predict
Dudley 1-0

Jim
17-04-2021, 02:58 PM
Swansea 3-1 Kotara

Warners Bay 0-3 Azzurri

Mayfield 1-2 Cooks Hill

Suns 4-0 Beresfield

Dudley 4-1 Cardiff

Cabaye#4
17-04-2021, 04:34 PM
Let’s not forget Cardiff won the significantly weakened COVID-19 shortened meaningless comp last year

Fixed.
Let's not forget Cardiff only played 11 games to sneak it on the final day. Hardly worth the Optus Sports circus.

mge61
17-04-2021, 06:46 PM
Warner’s Bay v Azzurri
3rds 3-2
2nds 4-2
1sts 1-2

Cabaye#4
17-04-2021, 08:32 PM
Mayf v Cooks
3rds 0-1
Res 2-2
1sts 0-0

United
18-04-2021, 06:58 PM
Dudley v Cardiff
First grade 4-1 Dudley
Reserves 2-0 cardiff
Thirds 5-1 Dudley

rod
18-04-2021, 07:16 PM
Dudley v Cardiff
First grade 4-1 Dudley
Reserves 2-0 cardiff
Thirds 5-1 Dudley

Dudley's FB page says 6-1 for thirds?

United
18-04-2021, 07:20 PM
Dudley's FB page says 6-1 for thirds?

I must of missed a goal

Mitchy
18-04-2021, 07:54 PM
Suns vs Bero
3rds 4-0
Res 2-3
1st 2-1

Cognitio
19-04-2021, 11:51 AM
ZPL Tipping

1 point for each correct result guess and a bonus point for a correct score.

After Round 1.

1st - The Hacker = 6
2nd - Jim. = 5
2nd - Bleachers. = 5
3rd - Haircut. = 4
3rd - Hornigold. = 4
3rd - gtg. = 4
3rd - TheBigCheese = 4
3rd - Cognitio. = 4

The Hacker
19-04-2021, 04:20 PM
ZPL Tipping

After Round 1.

1st - The Hacker = 6
2nd - Jim. = 5
2nd - Bleachers. = 5
3rd - Haircut. = 4
3rd - Hornigold. = 4
3rd - gtg. = 4
3rd - TheBigCheese = 4
3rd - Cognitio. = 4

I like this Cognitio it will keep the interest each week.

I think what we may have learnt from the weekend is that it could be a fairly even comp. Bero and the Bay weren’t blown off the park like we all thought may of happened. If your not switched on each week no matter which team your playing you may be in for a few losses.

FatKeeper
19-04-2021, 10:56 PM
I like this Cognitio it will keep the interest each week.

I think what we may have learnt from the weekend is that it could be a fairly even comp. Bero and the Bay weren’t blown off the park like we all thought may of happened. If your not switched on each week no matter which team your playing you may be in for a few losses.

Beresfield will surprise a lot of people if they keep that squad on the park they will do well goalkeeper for them was unbelievable also made about 3-5 world class saves

riverboy
19-04-2021, 11:39 PM
Beresfield will surprise a lot of people if they keep that squad on the park they will do well goalkeeper for them was unbelievable also made about 3-5 world class saves

That's a big call, 3-5 world class saves? The best keepers in the world don't do 3-5 world class saves in a game. Let alone a guy playing 3rd division football in Newcastle

Lofty
20-04-2021, 07:02 AM
That's a big call, 3-5 world class saves? The best keepers in the world don't do 3-5 world class saves in a game. Let alone a guy playing 3rd division football in Newcastle

One in the first half was. Had a busy day though and made some great saves. A late deflected free kick made for a nervy end in what should have been a comfortable win. Bero battled hard for 90 minutes though to stay in the game.

FatKeeper
20-04-2021, 11:03 AM

What I was getting at is the bloke had game of his life he pulled off some great saves that kept them in the game was 0-0 at half time suns could have been up by 3-4 easy but keeper was on fire for them.

Bremsstrahlung
20-04-2021, 06:12 PM
What I was getting at is the bloke had game of his life he pulled off some great saves that kept them in the game was 0-0 at half time suns could have been up by 3-4 easy but keeper was on fire for them.

Big call. On fire, really?
Most keeper worldwide aren’t on fire during games, so I doubt some dude playing in 3rd division football in Newcastle was on fire.
Anyway, I hope he’s okay and somebody was able to put him out promptly

Sorry, I thought we were reading comments very literally.

Lofty
21-04-2021, 09:06 AM
Big call. On fire, really?
Most keeper worldwide aren’t on fire during games, so I doubt some dude playing in 3rd division football in Newcastle was on fire.
Anyway, I hope he’s okay and somebody was able to put him out promptly

Sorry, I thought we were reading comments very literally.

Thankfully we had firefighters on hand to prevent this escalating into something more serious, like a draw...

THEBIGCHEESE
21-04-2021, 12:18 PM
Round 2

Swansea v Azzuri. Both teams coming off the back of tight wins against so called lesser opponents. Goals in the fixtures last year and I imagine it to be the same again.
Draw 2-3

Suns v Cooks Hill. Suns could have won by plenty according to reports. Cooks Hill kept a clean sheet but this is big step up.
Suns 4-0

Cardiff v Mayfield. Cardiff have questions to answer after last weeks loss. If they don't win this then back to back dream has turned into into a nightmare after round 2. I expect a big rocket from the coach and a hard fought win.
Cardiff 2-0

Dudley v Kotara. Dudley certainly lived up to the preseason hype with a convincing win in round 1. Kotara got edged out 2-1 by Swansea. If Dudley are the benchmark then they will be far to strong.
Dudley 5-0

Beresfield v Warner Bay. This is the big game of the weekend. The battle of the predicted bottom 2 has come very early and this could be a 6 pointer. Both teams to try hard and scrap a draw.
Draw 1-1

gtg
21-04-2021, 03:21 PM
Round 2 Predictions

Swansea 3-2 Azzurri
A tight win for Azzurri with many players out last round. Swansea achieved the same result and played some great stuff. Swansea will be too strong for Azzurri on the day though.

Suns 3-0 Cooks Hill
Suns have been hugely underwhelming considering the cost of their squad and the calibre of the big name players they carry. This could be the week that they stop disappointing and actually win by the margins we expect.

Cardiff 2-0 Mayfield
Not much to say here. Cardiff are just a slightly better Mayfield.

Dudley 4-0 Kotara
I was one goal off with my previous prediction so this time I won't undersell my own club. We will comfortably dispatch Kotara. We are too strong all over the pitch and the intensity even at training across all three grades is incredible. Big year ahead.

Beresfield 1-1 Warners Bay
Tough game from the two worst teams in the competition. Warners Bay have some pace up top which will cause Beresfield's defence some headaches

Lofty
21-04-2021, 03:28 PM
Round 2 Predictions

Swansea 3-2 Azzurri
A tight win for Azzurri with many players out last round. Swansea achieved the same result and played some great stuff. Swansea will be too strong for Azzurri on the day though.

Suns 3-0 Cooks Hill
Suns have been hugely underwhelming considering the cost of their squad and the calibre of the big name players they carry. This could be the week that they stop disappointing and actually win by the margins we expect.

Cardiff 2-0 Mayfield
Not much to say here. Cardiff are just a slightly better Mayfield.

Dudley 4-0 Kotara
I was one goal off with my previous prediction so this time I won't undersell my own club. We will comfortably dispatch Kotara. We are too strong all over the pitch and the intensity even at training across all three grades is incredible. Big year ahead.

Beresfield 1-1 Warners Bay
Tough game from the two worst teams in the competition. Warners Bay have some pace up top which will cause Beresfield's defence some headaches

It's $un$, please get it right mate. Stop pretending money isn't growing on trees in Carrington.

Lofty
21-04-2021, 08:54 PM
Some tough draws in FFA Cup for the ZPL boys still standing..
Magic v Kotara
Weston v Mayfield
Suns v Adamstown
West Wallsend v Dudley

I’d say Dudley will give West Wallsend a red hot crack. A pretty tough task for the remaining teams. But anything can happen - magic of the cup!

Suns v Adamstown is confirmed Tuesday 4 May, Connolly Park at 7pm.

The Hacker
21-04-2021, 10:11 PM
Some tough draws in FFA Cup for the ZPL boys still standing..
Magic v Kotara
Weston v Mayfield
Suns v Adamstown
West Wallsend v Dudley

I’d say Dudley will give West Wallsend a red hot crack. A pretty tough task for the remaining teams. But anything can happen - magic of the cup!

Suns v Adamstown is confirmed Tuesday 4 May, Connolly Park at 7pm.

Agree Dudley are right in the mix against Westie

I also like the Suns chance against Adamstown at Connolly park. Lot of NPL experience in their side and Adamstown won’t be used to playing on a ground like Connolly

Lofty
21-04-2021, 11:06 PM
Agree Dudley are right in the mix against Westie

I also like the Suns chance against Adamstown at Connolly park. Lot of NPL experience in their side and Adamstown won’t be used to playing on a ground like Connolly

Connolly hasn’t looked better than this I don’t think in the whole time we have been here! Haha. Will be a tough game against and young quality Adamstown side. Hopefully we give it a red hot crack.

Cognitio
22-04-2021, 09:56 AM
Round 2 Stats and Predictions

Swansea vs. Azzuri
- Both teams won their opening round fixtures 2-1.
- Swansea beat Azzuri 3-2 in both fixtures of last year’s season.
- Swansea have not lost a home match in 14 games. Going back to round 5 of the 2019 season (4-0 loss to Mayfield).
Draw 1-1

Suns vs. Cooks Hill
- Cooks Hill did not keep a single clean sheet in last year’s COVID season. Last week’s 0-0 draw was their first in Z.P.L.
- Like Cooks Hill, Suns did not keep a single clean sheet during last year’s COVID season.
- Suns only lost 1 of their 7 home games last season.
Suns 3-0

Cardiff vs. Mayfield
- Cardiff beat Mayfield on both occasions during last year’s season.
- The last 10 games between these two have resulted in Mayfield 7 wins, Cardiff 2 wins and 1 draw.
Cardiff 2-1

Dudley vs. Kotara
- Last time these teams met was in round 18 of the 2019 season. Needing a 5 goal swing, Kotara lost by only 2-0, handing Mayfield the minor premiership on goal difference.
- Dudley have not lost a normal league match at home since round 16 of the 2018 season (3-1 loss to Mayfield). 10 games ago.
Dudley 3-0

Bero vs. W. Bay
- Both teams lost their opening round matches 2-1.
- Since W. Bay’s promotion in 2017 these two teams have faced each other 6 times. W. Bay with 2 wins, Bero with 3 wins and 1 draw.
- These 6 games have produced a whopping 39 goals. 6.5 goals per game.
W. Bay 2-0

ZPL Tipping

After Round 1.

1st - The Hacker = 6
2nd - Jim. = 5
2nd - Bleachers. = 5
3rd - Haircut. = 4
3rd - Hornigold. = 4
3rd - gtg. = 4
3rd - TheBigCheese = 4
3rd - Cognitio. = 4

The Hacker
22-04-2021, 02:30 PM
Round 2 Predictions

Swansea 1- 2 Azzurri
After missing a few players last week I think the blues will put in a stronger performance this week. Wouldn’t be surprised if Swansea wins cause I don’t think Azzurri defense is their strongest area

Suns 4-1 Cooks Hill
The Suns at Connolly are always tough. They have to much class and Cooks Hill shouldn’t challenge them to much

Cardiff 2-0 Mayfield
Cardiff need to bounce back if they are serious this season. Dudley cut them to shreds in the second half. Mayfield might struggle to score goals this season

Dudley 2-0 Kotara
Did day at Dudley this Saturday. Both teams missed last year and have had good cup runs. Same as the Suns, Dudley should have to much class and experience

Beresfield 2-1 Warners Bay
Both teams probably performed better than we all expected. Always a tough game at Pasedena. That will give Bero the slightest edge

Cabaye#4
22-04-2021, 02:30 PM
No predictions, just tips.

Swansea 2-2 Azzurri
Suns 3-1 Cooks
Cardiff 2-0 Mayf
Bero 3-2 WB
Dudley 3-1 Kotara

Bleachers
22-04-2021, 04:44 PM
Swansea 3-2 Azzurri
Suns 4-0 Cookers
Cardiff 2-1 Mayfield
Bero 2-1 Warners Bay
Dudley 5-0 Kotara

Jim
22-04-2021, 08:28 PM
Swansea 2-1 Azzurri
Suns 3-1 Cookers
Cardiff 1-2 Mayfield
Bero 2-1 Warners Bay
Dudley 3-0 Kotara

Haircut
23-04-2021, 11:26 AM
Swansea 1 - 2 Azzurri
I think the boys from Hexham will grind out results this year
Suns 2 - 1 Cookers
Suns to finally take all three points from Cooks Hill after coming up short during Covid
Cardiff 1-0 Mayfield
The entertainment will come from the sidelines, what's the opposite of Match of the Round?
Bero 2 - 1 Warners Bay
Bero were far better than expected and WB will have to adjust to Pasadena
Dudley 3 - 0 Kotara
More dominance at home from Dudley

Hornigold
24-04-2021, 10:28 AM
Round 2 Stats and Predictions

ZPL Tipping

After Round 1.

1st - The Hacker = 6
2nd - Jim. = 5
2nd - Bleachers. = 5
3rd - Haircut. = 4
3rd - Hornigold. = 4
3rd - gtg. = 4
3rd - TheBigCheese = 4
3rd - Cognitio. = 4

Love your work Cognito!

Swansea vs. Hexham Azzuri
Azzurri to outclass the Swans in the middle of the park but will leak a goal or two.
Hornets 4-2

Suns vs. Cooks Hill
$un$ need to play to be paid $$$. TheyÂ’ll show up this week and put on a clinic.
$un$ 5-0

Cardiff vs. Mayfield
Tigers to prove they have some bite. The Tigers will show that they are the legitimate tigers and the others are just pussy cats. In saying that, the other Tigers are too old and will be kicked out of the jungle.
Tigers 3-1

Dudley vs. Kotara
Huge day for the CharlieÂ’s Run 4 Kids Charity and the game I will go watch! The whole town, flog included, will be out cheering on the Thistles. The Tigers will show up but thatÂ’s about it. Sure to be a great day to raise funds for the great charity!
Thistles 3-1

Bero vs. W. Bay
Relegation battle to be decided Round 2? Going with the Panthers because they suck less than Bero.
Panthers 2-1

Good luck fellow punters!

Cabaye#4
24-04-2021, 08:24 PM
1st Grade results

Swansea 1-4 Azzurri
Cardiff 0-3 Mayf
Suns 3-2 Cookers
Dudley 2-0 Kotara
Bero 1-4 WB

I think. Could be wrong.

I can't remember the lower grades. Someone else post.

Sun_of_a_Grub
24-04-2021, 11:12 PM
Ventured down to Evans park for the cat fight. Personal opinion but Cardiff's ground is smaller and shitter than bero's, honestly didn't think it was possible.

Cardiff just going to have to enjoy the "covid cup", confident they're not winning it this year.

mefa1984
25-04-2021, 02:13 PM
1st Grade results

Swansea 1-4 Azzurri
Cardiff 0-3 Mayf
Suns 3-2 Cookers
Dudley 2-0 Kotara
Bero 1-4 WB

I think. Could be wrong.

Any other results? Anyone?

United
25-04-2021, 03:12 PM

Dudley won both lower grades
Reggies 1-0
Thirds 3-1

Hornigold
25-04-2021, 08:37 PM
Great day yesterday at Dudley for the Charlie’s Run 4 Kids Cup. Well done to Dudley and Kotara! The vibe was good and the quality of football surpassed my expectations. A bomb of a free kick won the game late for Dudley in ressies. In firsts, despite being written off by all on here including myself, the Tigers took it to the Thistles and were unlucky not to take the lead into halftime. A penalty in the second half put the Thistles in the lead and an outstanding header from a corner put the game to bed. Dudley proved why they are the favourites and Kotara proved that they can match it with the big boys. It’s going to take a quality team to beat Dudley at home. for All in all, a great day for a great cause!

chewyonyaboots
25-04-2021, 09:55 PM
Ventured down to Evans park for the cat fight. Personal opinion but Cardiff's ground is smaller and shitter than bero's, honestly didn't think it was possible.

Cardiff just going to have to enjoy the "covid cup", confident they're not winning it this year.

You’re Taking the piss if u think bero’s ground is better than Cardiff. Beros ground is on a 45 /

Cabaye#4
26-04-2021, 12:07 AM

Swansea v Azzurri
3rds 2-6
Res 2-1
1sts 1-4

Cardiff v Mayf
3rds 1-0
Res 2-1
1sts 0-3

Bero v WB
3rds 0-3
Res 1-2
1sts 1-4

Suns v CH
3rds 1-2
Res 1-1
1sts 3-2

Alton
26-04-2021, 02:22 PM

You cannot be serious SOAG, it is a great set up

Jardelsimage
27-04-2021, 07:00 AM

i will give you the ground as a playing surface is not the greatest, it had drainage installed 3 years ago, but it has basically had no love since. lets get through this year fixtures and we will give it the love it needs.
The move over has happened that quick, we cant get everything right.
Everyone hated our old ground, but it rolled pretty good, despite the pitch in the middle, this one is as bumpy as ****.
on the Covid Cup, we played, we won, lets wait and see after 18 rounds.
cheers

gtg
27-04-2021, 10:34 AM
1st Grade results

Swansea 1-4 Azzurri
Cardiff 0-3 Mayf
Suns 3-2 Cookers
Dudley 2-0 Kotara
Bero 1-4 WB

I think. Could be wrong.

Shit, that's a big win for Azzurri. What happened there?

mge61
27-04-2021, 12:16 PM
Shit, that's a big win for Azzurri. What happened there?
It was 4-0 until a pretty soft penalty to the home team very late in the match.

THEBIGCHEESE
27-04-2021, 12:51 PM
2-1 win against Kotara and a 4-1 loss to Azzuri would suggest that Swansea wont be making a Grand Final this season. Early form and results point to Dudley, Suns and Azzuri being the top 3 with two of them being in the GF.

Update on the tipping please.

Cognitio
27-04-2021, 10:16 PM
ZPL Tipping after Round 2.

1st - The Hacker - 10 points
2nd - Jim - 8 points
2nd - Hornigold - 8 Points
3rd - THEBIGCHEESE - 7 points
3rd - Cognitio - 7 points
3rd - Bleachers - 7 points
3rd - Haircut - 7 points
8th - gtg - 6 points
9th - Cabaye#4 - 2 points

Well done ‘Hornigold’ for picking 4 out of 5 results. Also well done to ‘The Hacker’ for picking the 2-0 Dudley win for a bonus point.

Are we going to allow any extra points for ‘Cabaye#4’ for missing round 1?

The Hacker
27-04-2021, 10:26 PM

2nd - Jim - 8 points
3rd - Haircut - 7 points
8th - gtg - 6 points

Well done ‘Hornigold’ for picking 4 out of 5 results. Also well done to ‘The Hacker’ for picking the 2-0 Dudley win for a bonus point.

Give him the same points as the lowest score from round 1

THEBIGCHEESE
28-04-2021, 10:11 AM
Give him the same points as the lowest score from round 1

I agree.

Hornigold
28-04-2021, 08:13 PM

2nd - Jim - 8 points
3rd - Haircut - 7 points
8th - gtg - 6 points

Thank you Cognito :rof:

If you miss the deadline - away teams?
Perfect round - bonus point?
What’s the prize for winning the comp?

THEBIGCHEESE
29-04-2021, 11:43 AM
Round 3

Swansea V Beresfield. Tricky fixture to predict, both teams coming off the back of a 4-1 loss, both teams not convincing in front goal so far. Swansea to win a tight one.
Swansea 2-0

Cardiff v Cooks Hill. Cardiff have big problems. Conceding plenty and not scoring doesn't bode well for the season ahead. Cooks Hill have had some ok results and will look to build on a narrow loss in the previous round.
Cooks Hill 3-1

Suns v Warners Bay. Suns have come through tight games and will be better for them. Warners Bay will find this a lot tougher than last week. Suns to win well.
Suns 3-0

Mayfield v Kotara. Mayfield haven't conceded so far this season. This will change when Kotara side who performed better than expected against Dudley visit Mayfield Park. Lots of action
Draw 2-2

Dudley v Azzuri. Game of the round. Top 2 faceoff in what could be likely to be the Grand Final. Both teams to be a little cagey and settle for a draw.
Draw 1-1

Cognitio
29-04-2021, 05:53 PM
Round 3 Stats and Predictions

Swansea vs. Bero.
- Swansea have won their last 6 games against Bero.
- Bero have lost their last 8 Z.P.L. matches.
- Last week’s 4-1 loss to Azzuri was Swansea’s first loss in 15 games at home.
Swansea 3-0

Suns vs. W. Bay
- This will be Sun’s third home game in a row. They have won their first two.
- The last time these teams met, Suns won 8-1.
- Since W. Bay’s promotion in 2017, these two have met on 6 occasions. Resulting in Suns with 5 wins and W. Bay with 1 win.
Suns 3-1

Cardiff vs. Cooks Hill
- Cardiff have lost their opening two games. Equaling their two losses in the whole of last year’s COVID season.
- Cardiff have the worst defence in the league. Conceding 7 goals in two games.
- Cooks Hill lost both games against Cardiff last season.
Draw 2-2

Mayfield vs. Kotara
- Mayfield have kept a clean sheet in both of their opening games.
- The last 10 fixtures between these two teams have resulted in Mayfield 3 wins, Kotara 4 wins and 3 draws.
Mayfield 2-0

Dudley vs. Azzuri
- This will be Dudley’s third home game in a row. They have won their first two.
- Azzuri and Dudley are the leading goal scorers of the competition. Both having scored 6 goals in their opening two games.
Dudley 2-1

2nd - Jim - 8 points
2nd - Hornigold - 8 points
4th - THEBIGCHEESE - 7 points
4th - Cognitio - 7 points
4th - Bleachers - 7 points
4th - Haircut - 7 points
8th - gtg - 6 points
8th - Cabaye#4 - 6 points

*Cabaye#4 given 4 points (lowest score) after missing round 1.

Lofty
29-04-2021, 10:06 PM
Round 3 Stats and Predictions

-

Dudley vs. Azzuri
- This will be Dudley’s third home game in a row. They have won their first two.
- Azzuri and Dudley are the leading goal scorers of the competition. Both having scored 6 goals in their opening two games.
Dudley 2-2

Probably just need to clarify that Azzuri/Dudley tip

Bleachers
30-04-2021, 10:16 AM
Swansea 3-2 Beresfield
Suns 4-2 Warners Bay
Cardiff 2-0 Cooks Hill
Mayfield 2-1 Kotara
Dudley 2-3 Azzurri

Cabaye#4
30-04-2021, 11:08 AM
Probably just need to clarify that Azzuri/Dudley tip
What's to explain? Dudley win on corners!

Swansea 3-1 Bero
Mayf 1-1 Kotara
Suns 2-0 WB
Cardiff 2-2 Cooks Hill
Dudley 3-2 Azzurri

Lofty
30-04-2021, 11:12 AM
What's to explain? Dudley win on corners!

The Bill Tuner Cup special! I should have known this.

Haircut
30-04-2021, 03:18 PM
Swansea to beat Bero professionally
2-0
Suns to beat the bay, but they hate cleansheets
4-1
Cooks to get the monkey off the back against a poor cardiff
0-2
Mayfield to become finals contenders
2-1
Dudley to get the choccies in a tight one at home
3-2

The Hacker
30-04-2021, 04:22 PM
Swansea 3 - Bero 0
It will be a long trip for Bero. Swansea to many better players and will want to bounce back after last weeks effort

Suns 3- WBay 1
Suns have had a soft start to the year draw wise and haven’t really been tested. They won’t be this week either

Cardiff 2 - Cookers 1
Will be a tight affair. If the tigers don’t get 3 points today the finals will be slipping away.

Mayfield 1 - Kotara 0
Mayfield look like they have got their defense in order. Kotara tested Dudley but being a young team I’m not sure they can do it 2 weeks in a row

Dudley 2 - Azzurri 1
This should be a cracker snd is a toss of a coin. You could make reasons for either team winning. I think home ground advantage may just get Dudley home

Jim
30-04-2021, 10:58 PM
Swansea 3-1 Beresfield
Suns 4-2 Warners Bay
Cardiff 1-3 Cooks Hill
Mayfield 2-0 Kotara
Dudley 2-2 Azzurri

Hornigold
01-05-2021, 08:53 AM
Swans 2-1 Bero
Suns 4-1 Panthers
Tigers 2-2 Cookers
Scar 3-3 Simba
Thistles 2-2 Hornets

The Hacker
02-05-2021, 09:38 AM
Any results from yesterday.

United
02-05-2021, 10:21 AM

Mayfield 2 Kotara 0 and mayfield won both lower grades

Jim
02-05-2021, 11:34 AM

what hacker said

United
02-05-2021, 11:57 AM
1sts mayfield 2-0 Kotara only score on website

Warners Bay 3 Suns 1

mge61
02-05-2021, 01:57 PM
warners bay 3 suns 1

wtf

Hotline
02-05-2021, 02:30 PM
Warners Bay 3 Suns 1

Certainly fooled all the tipsters.

Jardelsimage
02-05-2021, 03:24 PM
Cardiff v cookers
3rds 3-5
res 3-0
1st 5-5

mge61
02-05-2021, 04:47 PM
Halftime Dudley 2-0 with 10 men straight red about half hour in.

Hotline
02-05-2021, 06:34 PM
Cardiff v cookers
3rds 3-5
res 3-0
1st 5-5

Any recap on the 5-5 thriller jardel?

mge61
02-05-2021, 06:54 PM
Full time Dudley 3-0 ultra impressive.

Jardelsimage
02-05-2021, 07:14 PM
Any recap on the 5-5 thriller jardel?

No wasnt there, all i know is a cardiff had a player sent off, not sure about anything else

The Hacker
02-05-2021, 07:20 PM
No wasnt there, all i know is a cardiff had a player sent off, not sure about anything else

I hear 0-0 at half time then a 10 goal second half. If so that’s crazy

United
02-05-2021, 08:01 PM
What happened to the Suns? People have obviously underestimated WB

The Hacker
02-05-2021, 08:47 PM
Full time Dudley 3-0 ultra impressive.

I thought both teams were impressive. Dudley more clinical in front of goals. Both teams knocked it around well and the pace of play and physicality was a step up from anything I’ve seen this year. You can lock both teams in the top 4. So the other 8 teams fighting for 2 spots

Cabaye#4
02-05-2021, 09:03 PM
Suns v WB
3rds 1-0
Res 2-0
1sts 1-3

Cabaye#4
02-05-2021, 09:09 PM
Mayfield 2 Kotara 0 and mayfield won both lower grades

Res Mayf 5-2, 3rds 3-1

Jardelsimage
03-05-2021, 06:33 AM
I hear 0-0 at half time then a 10 goal second half. If so that’s crazy

incorrect, Cardiff up 3-2 at the break, that would have been entertaining.

Lofty
03-05-2021, 09:18 AM
What happened to the Suns? People have obviously underestimated WB

Just a bad day, but WB did well. Whippet up front caused problems and finished well. We had 4 regular starters out (3 of those from the back 4). WB didn't make it easy for us and we did ourselves no favours with a sloppy and lethargic performance.

gtg
03-05-2021, 11:51 AM
Good win for us Thistles and a great day for the supporters who really pushed us forward after the (questionable) red card. Must say, Azzurri looked quality and they were unlucky not to score a couple. We were simply too clinical on the day though, pretty sure we scored from nearly every attack. It was an extremely physical and, at times, dirty game but what I liked about them was that at the end of the game they all shook our hands and took the defeat like men, even with our boys on the sideline giving them a hard time haha!

What's happening over there at the Suns? All the superstar big name players and they can't score goals! Never mind the fact they concede two or three goals a game. Extremely disappointing when you consider the calibre of player they have in their squad with a lot of NPL experience. Hope they're not paying these blokes...

On another note, Mayfield are securing some impressive results. Zero goals conceded so far I believe, they must have some defence! We've got them in round eight, looking forward to a tough match.

riverboy
03-05-2021, 01:20 PM
Good win for us Thistles and a great day for the supporters who really pushed us forward after the (questionable) red card. Must say, Azzurri looked quality and they were unlucky not to score a couple. We were simply too clinical on the day though, pretty sure we scored from nearly every attack. It was an extremely physical and, at times, dirty game but what I liked about them was that at the end of the game they all shook our hands and took the defeat like men, even with our boys on the sideline giving them a hard time haha!

What's happening over there at the Suns? All the superstar big name players and they can't score goals! Never mind the fact they concede two or three goals a game. Extremely disappointing when you consider the calibre of player they have in their squad with a lot of NPL experience. Hope they're not paying these blokes...

On another note, Mayfield are securing some impressive results. Zero goals conceded so far I believe, they must have some defence! We've got them in round eight, looking forward to a tough match.

A mate of mine has watched 2 of the Dudley games, he told me they are a class above any in this league. He said the crowd feel is unmatched bar a few NPL clubs.

Is it time NNSW football scrap northern league one age restriction lower grades and reinstate Dudley to the league?
Better then the half arsed competition they currently have

THEBIGCHEESE
03-05-2021, 01:43 PM
What a weekend in ZPL.

Evans Park was the place to be on Saturday, 21 goals across all 3 grade including a 10 goal thriller in first grade. So is it a pat on the back for the attackers or kick up the arse for defenders?

See were Dudley impressive again against a spirited Azzuri. GF in the making.

Mayfield flying under the radar with 3 clean sheets and could be the surprise of the season.

Kotara lose and coach walks out on the club.

Swansea just getting over Bero in a tight one.

But Warners Bay take a bow, knocking off one the heavyweights.

Loads of goals, a few beers and plenty of banter. God bless ZPL.

The Hacker
03-05-2021, 01:49 PM
What a weekend in ZPL.

Evans Park was the place to be on Saturday, 21 goals across all 3 grade including a 10 goal thriller in first grade. So is it a pat on the back for the attackers or kick up the arse for defenders?

See were Dudley impressive again against a spirited Azzuri. GF in the making.

Mayfield flying under the radar with 3 clean sheets and could be the surprise of the season.

Kotara lose and coach walks out on the club.

Swansea just getting over Bero in a tight one.

But Warners Bay take a bow, knocking off one the heavyweights.

Loads of goals, a few beers and plenty of banter. God bless ZPL.

THEBIGCHEESE hitting the nail on the head with the summary of the round. But on 9 word on the coach walking out on the club. Tell us more

Lofty
03-05-2021, 01:57 PM

Things haven't quite clicked yet. Have had 2 or more of the starting back 4 missing in the opening three rounds. This is a good start for us compared to previous seasons. Certainly nothing we aren't used to and these poor performances won't be remembered come the end of the season, nor will the clinical performances in May.
Not sure how clearly I can say this, but I'll give it a solid crack.... Newcastle Suns Football Club have never paid a single player, ever.

This season is shaping up to be a cracker, there's definitely not going to be any easy games. Competition across all grades seems really strong. Was impressed with Warners Bay in all grades considering they weren't apart of the Covid Cup last year.

MisplacedPasses
03-05-2021, 02:21 PM
A mate of mine has watched 2 of the Dudley games, he told me they are a class above any in this league. He said the crowd feel is unmatched bar a few NPL clubs.

Is it time NNSW football scrap northern league one age restriction lower grades and reinstate Dudley to the league?
Better then the half arsed competition they currently have

The Dudley boys can't even win ZPL man, there has always been someone that little bit better.

Buddha
03-05-2021, 02:48 PM
Dudley red card fairly justified if you ask me, downwards lunging motion onto the knee. The common misconception of "but he played/won the ball" is actually a myth and 99% of referees not named Scurge will agree.

Seemed to lift them and they scored straight after giving away the red as well. Lots of cards handed out during that game but all lads shook hands after game. Dudley will be a hard place to take points in any grade there

The Hacker
03-05-2021, 02:53 PM
Dudley red card fairly justified if you ask me, downwards lunging motion onto the knee. The common misconception of "but he played/won the ball" is actually a myth and 99% of referees not named Scurge will agree.

Seemed to lift them and they scored straight after giving away the red as well. Lots of cards handed out during that game but all lads shook hands after game. Dudley will be a hard place to take points in any grade there

Agreed. He won the ball but got the man afterward (how hard I’m not sure) but to his credit he didn’t argue the point. He took his punishment and left the field without a complaint. That’s a fair indicator the ref got it right.

THEBIGCHEESE
03-05-2021, 02:58 PM
THEBIGCHEESE hitting the nail on the head with the summary of the round. But on 9 word on the coach walking out on the club. Tell us more

Word is, players questioned why the coach he was changing tactics, formations and players every week and during games (tactics and formations). He cracked it, threw the players under the bus by telling them a few home truths and here we are no coach for Kotara.

The Hacker
03-05-2021, 05:56 PM
Word is, players questioned why the coach he was changing tactics, formations and players every week and during games (tactics and formations). He cracked it, threw the players under the bus by telling them a few home truths and here we are no coach for Kotara.

They have had a decent little cup run and played Swansea, Dudley and Mayfield to start the year so if they parted ways all of a sudden Kotara v Bero becomes a relegation battle

Cognitio
03-05-2021, 08:13 PM
ZPL Tipping after Round 3

1st - The Hacker = 13 points
2nd - Cognitio = 12 points
3rd - Jim = 11 points
4th - Bleachers = 10 points
4th - Hornigold = 10 points
4th - Haircut = 10 points
7th - Cabaye#4 = 9 points
8th - THEBIGCHEESE = 8 points
9th - gtg = 7 points

*gtg given the lowest score for not tipping.

Jim getting a bonus point for picking the Swansea 3-2 win as well as Bleachers and myself for picking Mayfield to win 2-0.

riverboy
03-05-2021, 08:30 PM
The Dudley boys can't even win ZPL man, there has always been someone that little bit better.
Maybe so but they are always in the top 4. All I am saying is how about NNSW football promote this year's winners and move one or two teams back.
Surely a Dudley, Mayfield or a Newcastle suns could do better then a Toronto? Fair call I reckon, promotion/relegation.

Lofty
03-05-2021, 09:07 PM
Maybe so but they are always in the top 4. All I am saying is how about NNSW football promote this year's winners and move one or two teams back.
Surely a Dudley, Mayfield or a Newcastle suns could do better then a Toronto? Fair call I reckon, promotion/relegation.

I don’t doubt that some of the clubs in ZPL could more than compete in second division. But I think what attracts a lot of players to ZPL is the slightly more relaxed nature to our competition. A lot of the boys that come down from NPL, etc can no longer commit to training twice a week on a regular basis.
ZPL is a fantastic comp that seems to get stronger year on year and I that’s the beauty of it. Very competitive comp and allows for a lot more long term clubman which you don’t get to see in the top two divisions.

Cabaye#4
05-05-2021, 10:02 AM
You're also not factoring in that most ZPL teams don't want to go up as you leave zone football and then become a Northern NSW club, and that comes with a whole new set of requirements. Grounds need to meet criteria, things become 5x more expensive, you need to have more teams, you need more volunteers, you're then competition against teams paying coaches & players 1000s a season etc etc. It's completely different and most of the major ZPL teams are in their zone (excuse the pun) by being competitive at this level without the federation breathing down their neck, or having their volunteers having to do twice the work etc.

Haircut
05-05-2021, 10:37 AM
You're also not factoring in that most ZPL teams don't want to go up as you leave zone football and then become a Northern NSW club, and that comes with a whole new set of requirements. Grounds need to meet criteria, things become 5x more expensive, you need to have more teams, you need more volunteers, you're then competition against teams paying coaches & players 1000s a season etc etc. It's completely different and most of the major ZPL teams are in their zone (excuse the pun) by being competitive at this level without the federation breathing down their neck, or having their volunteers having to do twice the work etc.

This 100%
There is a misconception about NewFM League being more about competition than it really is. The bigger focus is player catchment. There are clear reasons why Toronto Awaba, Cessnock And Singleton have gone through various droughts in performance but never been relegated for better performing.

We (cooks) played Wallsend's Northern League side in preseason and dusted them 3-0, yet we're hardly world beaters in this comp. People should focus on improving ZPL rather than hoping to be plucked and put in a less competitive comp.

onlooker
05-05-2021, 11:24 AM
Gone are the days where moving into northern league one is on the agenda for teams. Time to start making the ZPL comp a bigger deal then it already is. Get the clubs to band together and take on the the big leagues. Start getting a ZPL page up on Facebook run a team of the week. ( which is easy you don’t need to watch games just pick who ever scores the most or keeps a clean sheet regardless of minutes played or if it was a deflection, and even pick players out of position too). And show them how to run a proper promotion/relegation competition.. Even run your own midweek cup comps more football the better..

gtg
05-05-2021, 11:24 AM
On the topic of promotion to the dreaded NewFM league, pretty sure most at our club (Dudley) know we would be competitive in the NewFM competition but it would probably never happen. Besides the obvious financial and commitment requirements, it would be a cultural change at the club having to get rid of a lot of older guys who add to the atmosphere at training and the pub of course.

What would be great would be a Zone League Cup. Only Zone League clubs, straight knockout. It would be an exciting tournament.

My tips for this weekend:
Cardiff 1-3 Suns
Azzurri 1-1 Mayfield
Beresfield 0-3 Dudley
Warners Bay 3-1 Swansea
Cooks Hill 2-2 Kotara

Bonus tip: half the games get washed out.

ranger
05-05-2021, 12:10 PM
What would be great would be a Zone League Cup. Only Zone League clubs, straight knockout. It would be an exciting tournament.

Hunter Valley Football are running a knock out comp for all their Inter-district clubs this season. Idea got floated after the AGM and most clubs were keen.

So you'll have your 7-8 zone league teams and then any clubs all age team that wants to enter. So will be a mix of higher all age sides and zone leagues. No newfm or npl.

Only stipulation was 1 team per club.

Do the other associations do anything similar?

Homer7654
05-05-2021, 12:32 PM
Gone are the days where moving into northern league one is on the agenda for teams. Time to start making the ZPL comp a bigger deal then it already is. Get the clubs to band together and take on the the big leagues. Start getting a ZPL page up on Facebook run a team of the week. ( which is easy you don’t need to watch games just pick who ever scores the most or keeps a clean sheet regardless of minutes played or if it was a deflection, and even pick players out of position too). And show them how to run a proper promotion/relegation competition.. Even run your own midweek cup comps more football the better..

Zone Football needs a (non-felon) Newysports

Alton
05-05-2021, 02:41 PM
I don’t doubt that some of the clubs in ZPL could more than compete in second division. But I think what attracts a lot of players to ZPL is the slightly more relaxed nature to our competition. A lot of the boys that come down from NPL, etc can no longer commit to training twice a week on a regular basis.
ZPL is a fantastic comp that seems to get stronger year on year and I that’s the beauty of it. Very competitive comp and allows for a lot more long term clubman which you don’t get to see in the top two divisions.

There should be only two divisions, NPL and a second tier made up of best current clubs from HIT and ZPL.

The Hacker
05-05-2021, 03:05 PM

This I like and agree with. Make the presence of league bigger than it is. We have all played trials against NEWFM teams or ffa cup games and ZPL wins more time than not. Highlight the league and make it more appealing if players are picking between wether they play Newfm or ZPL. It has the fiercest rival in town with Dudley v Suns. That should be on BarTV

Lofty
05-05-2021, 03:15 PM
It has the fiercest rival in town with Dudley v Suns. That should be on BarTV

FYI..
Suns v Dudley in round 7 will be at Myer Park, Broadmeadow with games pushed pack two hours so that first grade will kick off at 5pm for a twilight fixture. Saturday 29th May.

The Hacker
05-05-2021, 03:27 PM
FYI..
Suns v Dudley in round 7 will be at Myer Park, Broadmeadow with games pushed pack two hours so that first grade will kick off at 5pm for a twilight fixture. Saturday 29th May.

I dare say that time slot will ensure a healthy crowd

Cabaye#4
05-05-2021, 06:52 PM
make it more appealing if players are picking between wether they play Newfm or ZPL.

$$$$$$$$$

Also, bartv will cover games if you pay them.

As above, it's about money though.

rod
05-05-2021, 10:08 PM
$$$$$$$$$

Also, bartv will cover games if you pay them.

As above, it's about money though.

You don't want to become another one of the same thing with similar problems / drawbacks

Better to employ organic club driven networking strategies to build community support. Getting people to the games and interested in getting involved if the most crucial thing and the money will flow from that naturally

Jim
05-05-2021, 10:43 PM
Zone Football needs a (non-felon) Newysports

:rof::rof::rof::rof:

THEBIGCHEESE
06-05-2021, 10:25 AM
Week 4

Cardiff v Suns - Suns need to bounce back and beat a Cardiff side who are shipping goals for fun if they are going to be serious contenders.
Suns - 4-1 win

Azzuri v Mayfield - Will Mayfield finally concede? Will Azzuri finally show us that they are the real deal? Azzuri to squeeze past a spirited Mayfield side.
Azzuri - 2-1 win

Berefield v Dudley - Another demonstration of Dudleys title credentials with a easy win.
Dudley - 5-0 win

Warners Bay v Swansea - Warner Bay are the surprise of the season so far and will spring another surprise on a so far underwhelming Swansea.
Warner Bay - 3-1

Cooks Hill v Kotara - Who knows what this is going to be? Could be anything but should be exciting.
Draw 3-3

Cognitio
07-05-2021, 08:30 AM
Round 4 Stats and Predictions

Cardiff vs. Suns
- This will be Sun's first away game this season.
- Cardiff have conceded 12 goals in their opening 3 games. The league's worst.
- Last year’s COVID fixtures saw both teams win their home games 3-2.
Suns 3-1

Azzuri vs. Mayfield
- Mayfield has the league's best defence. They are yet to concede a goal this season.
- Azzuri won both fixtures between these teams last year.
- This will be Azzuri’s first home game at Hexham.
Mayfield 1-0

Bero. vs. Dudley
- Dudley have won all three of the ZPL fixtures this season.
- This will be Dudley’s first away game this season.
- Dudley has scored 19 goals in their last 4 games against Bero.
- The last time Dudley travelled to Bero, they walked away with a 6-0 win (Round 15, 2019).
Dudley 3-0

W. Bay vs Swansea
- This will also be Swansea’s first away game of the season.
- Since W. Bays promotion in 2017, these teams have played each other six times resulting in Swansea 5 wins and W. Bay with 1 win.
Draw 2-2

Cooks Hill vs. Kotara
- Kotara have only scored 1 goal in their opening 3 games.
- This will be Kotara and Cooks Hill’s first meeting in ZPL.
- This will also be Cooks Hill’s first home game of the season.
Cooks Hill 3-1

ZPL Tipping after Round 3

1st - The Hacker = 13 points
2nd - Cognitio = 12 points
3rd - Jim = 11 points
4th - Bleachers = 10 points
4th - Hornigold = 10 points
4th - Haircut = 10 points
7th - Cabaye#4 = 9 points
8th - THEBIGCHEESE = 8 points
9th - gtg = 7 points

riverboy
07-05-2021, 12:02 PM
Is Azzurri's move to Hexham long term? Appears a strange move for the so called party boys to head up to Ozzie the Mozzie territory

Buddha
07-05-2021, 12:42 PM
Is Azzurri's move to Hexham long term? Appears a strange move for the so called party boys to head up to Ozzie the Mozzie territory

Until they upgrade the facilities i guess. Currently nowhere at Smith Park for the Referee's to get changed plus 1 lightpole for the whole field.

Haircut
07-05-2021, 03:51 PM
Round 4 Predictions
Suns to bounce back with a comprehensive 4 nil win
Azzurri to edge out Mayfield 2-1 in their first run on the swamp
Dudley vs Bero will be telling as to how dominant the thistles will be away from home. Dudley 2-1
Warners Bay to keep their form up with a 2 nil win at home.
If Cooks Hill dont win against Kotara ZL1 is calling. Cooks 2 nil in their first game at home.

The Hacker
07-05-2021, 05:08 PM
Round 4

Cardiff v Suns
Cardiff will be desperate for a win. Suns need to bounce back after last weeks upset.
Sun 2-1

Azzurri v Mayfield
Mayfield have been a surprise packet and yet to concede a goal. Azzurri will look to get all of Hexham on board with a big win.
Azzurri 2-1

Bero v Dudley
Hard to see Bero getting anything out of the game. Dudley to strong
Dudley 3-0

Warners Bay v Swansea
The bay have been the surprise packet and Swansea disappointing. The Bay’s pace up top might hurt Swansea
Draw 1-1

Cooks Hill v Kotara
Cookers have scored goals this yeah but concede just as easily. Kotara with a coach sacking this week and playing midweek will hurt.
Cookers 2-0

Jim
07-05-2021, 11:34 PM
Cardiff v Suns 1-3
Azzurri v Mayfield 2-1
Bero v Dudley 0-3
Warners Bay v Swans 2-1
Cooks Hill v Kotara 2-1

Source
07-05-2021, 11:49 PM
Good luck to the Azzurri against the long ball tigers hope you kick their arse

Retro Jet
08-05-2021, 01:20 AM
Round 4 Stats and Predictions

Cooks Hill vs. Kotara
- Kotara have only scored 1 goal in their opening 3 games.
- This will be Kotara and Cooks Hill’s first meeting in ZPL.
- This will also be Cooks Hill’s first home game of the season.
Cooks Hill 3-1

Good pickup Cognito. It had me scrambling into my records for a bit.
Correct. Never met at ZPL level...although....
Before ZPL there was the last year of Inter Districts in 2010 and they played each other that season.
Cookers winning 6-2 15/5 at Athfield and 0-2 at Nesbitt 8/8.

The last time they met was Rnd 5 of the FFA Cup 2014. Cookers won that one 1-0
due to a jag of a goal from distance IIRC. The bloke was one 'night blind' A Stead :rof:

Should be a good tussle for our boys this weekend.

Bleachers
08-05-2021, 10:42 AM
Cardiff 2 - Suns 4
Azzurri 3 - Mayfield 2
Beresfield 0 - Dudley 2
Warners Bay 3 - Swansea 1
Cooks Hill 1 - Kotara 2

Nou Camp
08-05-2021, 06:22 PM
Cardiff v Suns
1st 0-1
Res 1-1
3rds 3-4

salmon
08-05-2021, 06:39 PM
Azzurri vs. Mayfield
1sts 0-0
Res 1-5
3rds 4-4

The Hacker
08-05-2021, 07:13 PM
Bero v. Dudley
1st 1-0
Res 1-5
3rds 2-6

Shere Khan
08-05-2021, 07:27 PM
Well there’s a couple of interesting results.
Cardiff v Suns I think Suns got out of jail.
Mayfield still hasn’t shipped a goal.
Bero with a huge win.

The Hacker
08-05-2021, 07:32 PM
Well there’s a couple of interesting results.
Cardiff v Suns I think Suns got out of jail.
Mayfield still hasn’t shipped a goal.
Bero with a huge win.

Bero came with a plan and stuck to it. They frustrated Dudley and the keeper for them had a good day. Maybe Dudley had one eye on the ffa cup mid week

Cabaye#4
09-05-2021, 10:35 AM
Cardiff 2 - Suns 4
Azzurri 3 - Mayfield 2
Beresfield 0 - Dudley 2
Warners Bay 3 - Swansea 1
Cooks Hill 1 - Kotara 2

SHIZA. I forgot to tip.
Hand on heart, I wouldve followed everyone else going dudley, Azzurri & Suns. And I woulda never picked 1-0.

For today:
WB 2-2 Swansea
Cooks Hill 1-0 Kotara

The Hacker
10-05-2021, 09:38 AM
Any Results from the Sunday fixtures

Lofty
10-05-2021, 10:40 AM
Any Results from the Sunday fixtures

Warners bay v Swansea
3rds 3-0
Res 5-5
1sts 1-2

Cooks Hill vs Kotara South
3rd's 2-4 Kotara
Res 0-3 Kotara
1st's 3-5 Kotara

The Hacker
10-05-2021, 11:20 AM
Warners bay v Swansea
3rds 3-0
Res 5-5
1sts 1-2

Cooks Hill vs Kotara South
3rd's 2-4 Kotara
Res 0-3 Kotara
1st's 3-5 Kotara

9 point day for Kotara after the coach leaves. Very interesting.
Warners Bay the surprise packet this year

THEBIGCHEESE
10-05-2021, 12:16 PM
Weekend conclusions -

Pressure mounting at Tigers. Penthouse to shithouse very quickly.

Warners Bay - We have got the biggest result of the season. Beresfield - Hold my beer. Take a bow gentlemen that is truly the result of the season.

Mayfield still not conceded.

Cooks Hill need to stop playing a 1-1-8 formation.

Lower grades was where the action was as they served up 59 goals.

I am shite at tipping.

Hope everyone enjoyed and god bless ZPL.

Hotline
10-05-2021, 02:48 PM
Weekend conclusions -

Pressure mounting at Tigers. Penthouse to shithouse very quickly.

Warners Bay - We have got the biggest result of the season. Beresfield - Hold my beer. Take a bow gentlemen that is truly the result of the season.

Mayfield still not conceded.

Cooks Hill need to stop playing a 1-1-8 formation.

Lower grades was where the action was as they served up 59 goals.

I am shite at tipping.

Hope everyone enjoyed and god bless ZPL.

Hahaha I want more weekend reviews like this big cheese. Sh!ts on the nnswf write ups for the "premier" comps.

Gelato
10-05-2021, 07:06 PM
Seems like Dudley were big to criticize the suns loosing the other week. I can suddenly hear crickets coming from their ground....

The Hacker
10-05-2021, 08:07 PM
Seems like Dudley were big to criticize the suns loosing the other week. I can suddenly hear crickets coming from their ground....

No crickets. Dudley we’re not up for it and Bero were. I think it was wake up call that if your not up for the game no matter who your playing you will get beat

gtg
10-05-2021, 09:36 PM

No crickets here either. We weren’t up to it. Fair play to Bero

Cognitio
10-05-2021, 09:57 PM
ZPL Tipping after Round 4

1st - Hacker = 14 points
2nd - Cognitio = 13 points
3rd - Jim = 12 points
3rd - Bleachers = 12 points
5th - Hornigold = 11 points
5th - Haricut = 11 points
7th - Cabaye#4 = 10 points
8th - gtg = 9 points
8th - THEBIGCHEESE = 9 points

*Hornigold given lowest score of 1 point for not tipping.

Tough week for the tipsters. Everyone picking the Suns results against Cardiff with ‘Bleachers’ picking up an extra point for guessing the Kotara result and ‘gtg’ getting a point for guessing the Mayfield/Azzuri draw.

Shall we pick a upcoming round for double points???

The Hacker
10-05-2021, 10:17 PM

1st - Hacker = 14 points
3rd - Jim = 12 points
5th - Haricut = 11 points
8th - gtg = 9 points

*Hornigold given lowest score of 1 point for not tipping.

Tough week for the tipsters. Everyone picking the Suns results against Cardiff with ‘Bleachers’ picking up an extra point for guessing the Kotara result and ‘gtg’ getting a point for guessing the Mayfield/Azzuri draw.

Shall we pick a upcoming round for double points???

Let each person nominate the week they use their double point week

THEBIGCHEESE
11-05-2021, 10:51 AM
I will continue with my weekend conclusions for you Hotline.

Thoughts on double points round. Would be easier just one round rather than keeping track. Maybe round 10? Everyone has played each other and no excuses from us tipsters for not having any form!!!!!!!

gtg
11-05-2021, 12:05 PM
Week 5 Predictions
Cooks Hill 1-2 Azzurri
Cardiff 2-0 Kotara
Mayfield 1-1 Beresfield
Suns 4-0 Swansea
Dudley 2-1 Warners Bay

gtg
11-05-2021, 04:22 PM
Cardiff v Suns
1st 0-1
Res 1-1
3rds 3-4

Seriously, what's going on at the Suns? They can't score goals. I'd love to see a $ spent on players per goal scored statistic... bet it's high.

Lofty
11-05-2021, 04:34 PM
Seriously, what's going on at the Suns? They can't score goals. I'd love to see a $ spent on players per goal scored statistic... bet it's high.

Not playing our best currently, but 9 points on the board. No stress, I'm sure we will click into gear soon. Appreciate the concern though.

United
12-05-2021, 08:40 AM

I don’t know who you are at the club but can you stop taking shots at the Suns. We have enough of a rivalry as it is and don’t need to add any more fuel to the fire. After last weekends result it’s more important to worry about ourselves then any other club.

Cabaye#4
12-05-2021, 09:03 AM
Week 5 Predictions

Cooks Hill 2-4 Azzurri
Cardiff 2-2 Kotara
Mayfield 1-0 Beresfield
Suns 2-0 Swansea
Dudley 3-1 Warners Bay

THEBIGCHEESE
12-05-2021, 10:27 AM
Week 5 Predictions.

Cooks Hill v Azzuri. Azzuri haven't scored in the last two games and will break that drought this weekend against Cooks what's defending Hill.
Azzuri - 3-0 win.

Cardiff v Kotara. Kotara proving the that the coach was the problem all along last week. New coach to make it 2 in a row and Cardiff still searching for the first win of the season.
Kotara - 2-1 win.

Mayfield v Bero. Bero produced the biggest upset since I won an argument with Mrs Cheese last week but it wont last. Another clean sheet for Mayfield and 3 points.
Mayfield - 2-0 win.

Suns v Swansea. Suns copping it here on the forum as the big spenders haven't produced, yet they are still in second. Swansea on the same amount of points but not copping it but producing similar results.
Suns - 2-1 win

Dudley v Warners Bay. Dudley back at home will be as desperate for a result as FIFO worker after month away. Warners Bay have been competitive so far but will find this tough.
Dudley - 2-0 win.

Lofty
12-05-2021, 11:06 AM
I don’t know who you are at the club but can you stop taking shots at the Suns. We have enough of a rivalry as it is and don’t need to add any more fuel to the fire. After last weekends result it’s more important to worry about ourselves then any other club.

There's no further fire that's been added. It's pretty easy to pick the small minded people. We aren't worried about what's happening up top for us and we certainly aren't worried about other people's backyards and especially what some random bloke hiding behind a keyboard is saying. People are wasting their time talking about money. Need to come up with some better content eventually.

Really enjoying the season so far. You look at every fixture this weekend and they are all tough games.

The Hacker
12-05-2021, 12:30 PM
There's no further fire that's been added. It's pretty easy to pick the small minded people. We aren't worried about what's happening up top for us and we certainly aren't worried about other people's backyards and especially what some random bloke hiding behind a keyboard is saying. People are wasting their time talking about money. Need to come up with some better content eventually.

Really enjoying the season so far. You look at every fixture this weekend and they are all tough games.

Who gives a s$/t if they pay players the only real question is. Have the price of Kebapi gone up haha

Sideline
12-05-2021, 12:51 PM
Exactly who cares about squads or money the best thing is seeing this comp a much tighter affair then just a runaway pack. Doesn't matter who you have if you don't show up on the day !!!! Im quite enjoying the mix of results and games i've watched so far. Alot of the clubs would rival most of the nl1 comp so it's good to see

Lofty
12-05-2021, 01:36 PM
Who gives a s$/t if they pay players the only real question is. Have the price of Kebapi gone up haha

Firstly (for the thousandth time) Suns have never ever paid a single player and that includes this year. If any players are chasing coin, they best look for another club.
Secondly, the price of kebapi has thankfully remained stable. :yay: We look forward to serving many of you throughout the season!

FatKeeper
12-05-2021, 05:39 PM

We recruited a Goalkeeper and 2 Central Midfielders who hardly ever scored in NPL when they played in it so unless you want our new GK to start popping goals in it’s going to be our usual suspects in the Palozzi boys scoring our goals and don’t worry the goals will start coming soon

Jardelsimage
12-05-2021, 07:55 PM
We recruited a Goalkeeper and 2 Central Midfielders who hardly ever scored in NPL when they played in it so unless you want our new GK to start popping goals in it’s going to be our usual suspects in the Palozzi boys scoring our goals and don’t worry the goals will start coming soon

well the keeper did pretty good against Cardiff

Lofty
12-05-2021, 08:02 PM
well the keeper did pretty good against Cardiff

He had a blinder. Great keeper. He had plenty of blinders against us over the years too, it’s nice to have him on our side now.

Haircut
13-05-2021, 12:22 PM
Round 5 Predictions
Cooks Hill 2 - 2 Azzurri
Azzurri can't score and Cooks can't defend.
Cardiff 3 - 1 Kotara
Tigers to 'outclass' Kotara on the worst pitch in the comp (the back field was better quality)
Mayfield 1 - 1 Bero
Bero to be the first to score against Mayfield but still share a point
Suns 3 - 0 Swansea
The Suns boys will thrive where they all played their junior football for another club
Dudley 3 - 1 WB
Homesick Thistles to thrive back playing on a sunday arvo

Cognitio
13-05-2021, 06:46 PM
Round 5 Stats and Predictions

Suns vs. Swansea
- Currently 2nd vs. 3rd. Both teams with three wins and one loss.
- The last 10 results between these two teams have resulted in Suns 4 wins, Swansea 3 wins and 3 draws.
Suns 2-1

Cardiff vs. Kotara
- Cardiff remain winless in the 2021 ZPL season.
Cardiff 3-2

Mayfield vs. Bero
- Mayfield are the last team to remain undefeated.
- Beresfield and Mayfield have the league's joint worst attack. Both teams have scored only 5 goals in their opening 4 games.
- Mayfield are still yet to concede a goal this season.
Mayfield 3-0

Cooks Hill vs. Azzuri
- Cooks Hill are the league’s top goalscorers. 10 in their four games.
- Cooks Hill are also joint with Cardiff for the league's worst defence. 13 conceded in four games.
- 23 goals have been scored in Cooks Hills last 3 games. Over 7 per game.
Azzuri 2-0

Dudley vs. W. Bay
- Dudley have won all three of their home games this season.
- W. Bay have won both of their away games this season.
Dudley 2-1

Other
- The league is averaging 3.55 goals per game.
- Out of the first 20 games of the season. There have only been 3 drawn matches.
- Out of the first 20 games of the ZPL season. The home team has won on 10 occasions (50%).

1st - Hacker = 14 points
3rd - Jim = 12 points
5th - Haircut = 11 points
8th - gtg = 9 points

*Round 8 has been selected as a double points round. Some important games in that round. Tipsters will be able to choose their own double points round in the second half of the season.

13-05-2021, 10:03 PM
Cardiff vs Kotara 2-2
Dudley vs WarnerÂ’s bay 1-3
Cooks hill vs azzuri 1-4
Mayfield vs bero 2-0
Suns vs Swansea 1-2

Late inclusion to the tipping comp.

Bleachers
14-05-2021, 12:42 PM
Cardiff 2-1 Kotara
Mayfield 1-1 Beresfield
Cooks Hill 1-3 Azzurri
Suns 3-1 Swansea
Dudley 2-0 Warners Bay

The Hacker
14-05-2021, 05:21 PM
Round 5

Suns v Swansea
This should be a good game to very strong teams. Suns have got to click in attack soon but stopping goals has proven difficult. I got Suns clicking.
Suns 2-0

Cardiff v Kotara
Last years ‘premiers’ have found this season a whole lot tougher. Kotara with a good win last week. If Cardiff don’t get 3 points season over.
Cardiff 2-1

Mayfield v Bero
The green tigers yet to concede this year and Bero coming off the upset of the year.
Mayfield 2-0

Cooks Hill v Azzurri
Cooks Hill have been going ok but can’t stop letting in goals. Azzurri need the win and should be to good
Azzurri 3-1

Dudley v Warners Bay
The Bay have been the surprise packet of the year so far. Dudley played 120 min on Wednesday. They won’t want to drop 2 in a row.
Dudley 2-1

Jim
14-05-2021, 11:46 PM
Cardiff 2-2 Kotara
Mayfield 1-0 Beresfield
Cooks Hill 1-3 Azzurri
Suns 3-2 Swansea
Dudley 2-1 Warners Bay

mefa1984
15-05-2021, 09:52 AM
Late entry to the tipping comp (if still allowed)

Cardiff vs Kotara 1-2
Dudley vs Warners Bay 2-2
Cooks Hill vs Azzuri 1-4
Mayfield vs Bero 3-0
Suns vs Swansea 2-3

Nou Camp
15-05-2021, 06:48 PM
Suns vs Swansea
1st 4-1 (swans up 1-0 early, had golden opportunity to go 2-0 up from 3 yards. That miss sparked suns into life and it was one way traffic from there)
Res 5-1
3rds 1-0

15-05-2021, 07:18 PM
Suns vs swans

Swans looked good early on knocked the ball around but just couldn’t take their chances. 2nd half suns come out strong and we’re clinical in front of goal, both keepers making some decent saves to.
4-1 probably isn’t a deserving score line of the game

salmon
15-05-2021, 07:19 PM
Cooks Hill vs. Azzurri
First Grade 2-2
Reserves 1-0
Third Grade 1-0

First Grade played in good spirits and an entertaining watch from my view! Pity referee got conned by NF’s darlings into giving a genuinely ridiculous red card to Azzurri. Honestly hope the goalkeeper is okay as he fell very awkwardly, however it was lucky to be free kick let alone a red card. Cooks Hills players very poor attacking Azzurri player and surrounding the ref, as well as the far side linesman (a good 60 yards from the incident and also Cooks Hills coach btw) getting into the refs ear.

gtg
15-05-2021, 07:27 PM
Cooks Hill vs. Azzurri
First Grade 2-2
Reserves 1-0
Third Grade 1-0

First Grade played in good spirits and an entertaining watch from my view! Pity referee got conned by NF’s darlings into giving a genuinely ridiculous red card to Azzurri. Honestly hope the goalkeeper is okay as he fell very awkwardly, however it was lucky to be free kick let alone a red card. Cooks Hills players very poor attacking Azzurri player and surrounding the ref, as well as the far side linesman (a good 60 yards from the incident and also Cooks Hills coach btw) getting into the refs ear.

Funny you say that as I’ve spoken with a couple mates who play for cookers and they’ve said it was also a soft red card. What do you expect with these referees though? Cooks hill and hexham azzurri always seem to have decent encounters. also heard one of the coaches got sent off too, what’s the go there?

Source
15-05-2021, 07:54 PM
Mayfield v berro
Firsts 3-1 mayf
Readies 2-0 mayf
Thirds 2-1 mayf

Lofty
15-05-2021, 07:56 PM
Suns vs swans

Swans looked good early on knocked the ball around but just couldn’t take their chances. 2nd half suns come out strong and we’re clinical in front of goal, both keepers making some decent saves to.
4-1 probably isn’t a deserving score line of the game

On another day when both teams took their chances it could have been 9-3
Suns hit the post and then another one tipped onto the crossbar in first half. Suns some how passed it wide for the 6 yard line, missed a simple one on one from inside the box. There were numerous chances.
Suns keeper made some saves, but they would be expected to be made. Not sure if you were watching the same game or not.

Jardelsimage
15-05-2021, 08:05 PM
cardiff v kotara
3rds 4-1
res 3-1
1st 6-1
enough said

Lofty
15-05-2021, 08:34 PM
cardiff v kotara
3rds 4-1
res 3-1
1st 6-1
enough said

Cardiff off the nudey run. That’s a solid day.

Jardelsimage
15-05-2021, 10:07 PM
Cardiff off the nudey run. That’s a solid day.

Yeh good day, finally getting some players back

Thomas477
15-05-2021, 10:41 PM
Funny you say that as I’ve spoken with a couple mates who play for cookers and they’ve said it was also a soft red card. What do you expect with these referees though? Cooks hill and hexham azzurri always seem to have decent encounters. also heard one of the coaches got sent off too, what’s the go there?

Plenty of referee courses available, feel free to go to one and do it yourself.

Cabaye#4
15-05-2021, 11:38 PM
How would that improve the decision making of every other referee in Newcastle?
Maybe they are the ones who need to redo the course?

gtg
16-05-2021, 12:44 AM

Get your point but they are not above criticism.

outsider
16-05-2021, 09:13 AM

Spot on Thomas477-only none of them have the balls to do that and actually referee a game-easiest thing to do is referee from the sidelines and make uninformed comments.

salmon
16-05-2021, 11:30 AM
Spot on Thomas477-only none of them have the balls to do that and actually referee a game-easiest thing to do is referee from the sidelines and make uninformed comments.

I’m actually not having a go at the referee, more the way he was swarmed by CH players and club officials. Isn’t that supposed to be not on?

Anyway it was a decent game of football to watch in the end. The standard across the league has been extremely good this year from what I have seen and ZPL is a cracking competition.

Thomas477
16-05-2021, 01:34 PM
How would that improve the decision making of every other referee in Newcastle?
Maybe they are the ones who need to redo the course?

How do you know the rules and current interpretations if you haven’t done the course? :lulzturtle:

gtg, I agree, however the criticism both on and off the field is ridiculous. Take the hand ball rule, we as refs know it’s ****ing stupid, but we need to enforce the laws as written this year.

Salmon, I agree it’s not on, but why point the finger at the ref and not cooks hill? Adults act like children when they get onto the field.

Also, there’s a course next Sunday, info is here: https://northernnswfootball.com.au/referee-course-dates/ :wink:

mge61
16-05-2021, 01:54 PM
The way I read it Salmon wasn’t taking aim at the ref but the Cookers players and officials maybe I’m not seeing it right.

Some of these incidents can be born out of the way the match days are run. Yesterday in ressies two young kids playing on the bench all game, duty officer drinking in with the supporters and a first grade reserve having to run the line while there are numerous guys standing around offering advice to the match officials.

16-05-2021, 06:06 PM
Any results from today?

The Hacker
16-05-2021, 06:40 PM
Dudley Vs WBay
3rds 3-2
Res 2-1
1st 3-0

Hope the 2 Dudley played that had a head clash and split each other are ok. It looked nasty. Bay just couldn’t break Dudley down at all.

16-05-2021, 07:24 PM
Dudley will no doubt give Swansea a touch up next weekend I dare say

THEBIGCHEESE
17-05-2021, 09:59 AM
Weekend Conclusions -

Ex coach of Kotara will be at work today with the biggest grin on his face and wearing a badge saying "I told you it was the players".

Mayfield finally have their cherry popped and concede.

If Cook Hill first grade had won that would have meant all home teams would have collected 9 points.

Dudley play like Man City on a Sunday and the Jets on Saturday.

The big bucks signings turn it on at Myers Park and smash a declining Swansea.

First grade is where the action was this week with 23 goals.

Plenty of banter, a few beers and I hope everyone enjoyed. God bless ZPL.

The Hacker
17-05-2021, 02:37 PM
Weekend Conclusions -

Ex coach of Kotara will be at work today with the biggest grin on his face and wearing a badge saying "I told you it was the players".

Mayfield finally have their cherry popped and concede.

If Cook Hill first grade had won that would have meant all home teams would have collected 9 points.

Dudley play like Man City on a Sunday and the Jets on Saturday.

The big bucks signings turn it on at Myers Park and smash a declining Swansea.

First grade is where the action was this week with 23 goals.

Plenty of banter, a few beers and I hope everyone enjoyed. God bless ZPL.

What a summary. Nailed it