PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Zone League 2 thread

Pages : 1 [2]

Premy
12-08-2021, 07:32 AM
I don’t play any more. I’m too old and fat.

It’s just an observation. It doesn’t seem like a group id enjoy being part of, personally.
Thanks for the observation

You don't seem like someone we would enjoy having around, personally.

Bremsstrahlung
12-08-2021, 08:53 AM
Turned into a bit of a slanderfest against GS in here hasn’t it.
Think Premy was just bringing about a topic of discussion, which everyone can agree or disagree with.
The ongoing rubbish aimed at the club as a whole is a bit much. All behind the veil of anonymity.

Premy
12-08-2021, 09:16 AM
Turned into a bit of a slanderfest against GS in here hasn’t it.
Think Premy was just bringing about a topic of discussion, which everyone can agree or disagree with.
The ongoing rubbish aimed at the club as a whole is a bit much. All behind the veil of anonymity.

Glad it's not just me seeing it this way.

That said we're not to bothered by it.
Some people don't like us? That's fine we're not here to make freinds with everyone, altough I feel the motives behind some of the slander isn't quite forthright.

I can only speak on my own experience, this season didn't start well for us but we've turned it around somewhat. It's been a really enjoyable season with a great bunch of blokes and I don't think any in our squad would disagree with me. We've had some good battles this season, some have got heated at times but that is to be expected and everything was left on the field. We go back to the away pub have a beer and move onto the next game.
Let's just hope we can get back onto the park soon and enjoy a competitive end to the season.

Swanky
12-08-2021, 09:39 AM
What's the difference to a B team or playing as a B team with a different Name. No team can go from ZPL to NL1. Unless the open up promotion relegation between all divisions in all Southern NNSW, clubs could have A B or C teams. The precedence has been set of ZL clubs not taking up promotion ie Argenton and Raymond Terrace both back a few years of which both teams rejected promotion. The whole Southern NNSW football pyramid is a shambles.

Please don't get offended im just bored and came up with team names
Kahibah - Whitebridge Wanderers
Olympic - Islington Igloos
New Lambton - Blackbutt Bunnies
Cooks Hill - Bar Beach Boardies
Cardiff - Boolaroo Bandits
Wallsend - Shortland Saints
Lake Macquarie - Speers Point Swampies

jessepinkman
12-08-2021, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the observation

You don't seem like someone we would enjoy having around, personally.

thats more than ok.

Just a reminder, all I have done is say that I feel like having '2nd' teams in the pyramid is important for the competition, and then listed why.

Then, explained why I think some players don't want to come to suburb (as someones initial point was that maybe suburb were upset that the big clubs with b teams were stealing players that might filter to them if those b teams didnt exist).

More than ok for you to have an opinion on not wanting me to play (its true, you don't, I can barely crack 10 mins now I reckon) - but my intention was to let you know the vibe that I get when I have visited Lance Yorke.

It's painful, and I honestly reckon it's something worth addressing if you want to seem more inviting to outsiders.

jessepinkman
12-08-2021, 11:29 AM
What's the difference to a B team or playing as a B team with a different Name. No team can go from ZPL to NL1. Unless the open up promotion relegation between all divisions in all Southern NNSW, clubs could have A B or C teams. The precedence has been set of ZL clubs not taking up promotion ie Argenton and Raymond Terrace both back a few years of which both teams rejected promotion. The whole Southern NNSW football pyramid is a shambles.

Olympic did it for years too, dominated ZL2 for quite a while with no intention of going up. The solution for me is to either add 3rd grade as a requirement for all zone leagues, or remove it entirely from 1 and PL and just have it be 2 grades. Not ideal for the clubs that are carrying third graders, it's a great landing spot for club legends, or young blokes that just aren't quite there yet etc - but it's always been the excuse clubs have used, numbers.

Also, blasphemous if the above was mandated and Wallsend didnt call themselves Newcastle Austral

Premy
12-08-2021, 11:30 AM
Then, explained why I think some players don't want to come to suburb (as someones initial point was that maybe suburb were upset that the big clubs with b teams were stealing players that might filter to them if those b teams didnt exist).
I already address this.
Some on here and yourself want to incorrectly assume that my personal opinion is related to Garden Suburb in some way.
It's not...

We know the reasons why our player numbers are down in Zone League and we are addressing those issues.
I will add your belief is definitely not something we are addressing. Thanks for your concern but the criticism of someone that wants to hide behind anonymity is not one of our priorities.

That offer to join me for a drink next time your at Lance Yorke still stands
Cheers.

jessepinkman
12-08-2021, 11:38 AM
I already address this.
Some on here and yourself want to incorrectly assume that my personal opinion is related to Garden Suburb in some way.
It's not...

We know the reasons why our player numbers are down in Zone League and we are addressing those issues.
I will add your belief is definitely not something we are addressing. Thanks for your concern but the criticism of someone that wants to hide behind anonymity is not one of our priorities.

That offer to join me for a drink next time your at Lance Yorke still stands
Cheers.

No worries, that's also true, it does happen that your personal opinions get tied in with your club, so my bad for jumping that gun because I've been there too.

You don't have to take my criticism on board of course, but it's more of an observation that I have heard repeated elsewhere, and personally experienced/agreed with.

Hope you guys do sort any issues out because irrespective of my personal feelings towards any environment I've stepped into as a player or official, football clubs are important to the community and the people who give their time to making them tick are good blokes in my book regardless.

Sausage
12-08-2021, 02:42 PM
How long until the seasons canned?

onlooker
12-08-2021, 03:52 PM
How long until the seasons canned?
Football NSW just canned Sydney can’t imagine it being too much longer until northern follow suit.

Lofty
12-08-2021, 04:27 PM
Football NSW just canned Sydney can’t imagine it being too much longer until northern follow suit.

Week by week. Sydney had already missed way more football than what we have.
Grand finals have been pushed back until weekend of 18th and 19th September.
Unless lockdowns continue beyond that date, then football will be canned. There's every chance that it could just be 1st v 2nd in the grand final.
I would like to think we have every chance to be out of lockdown by early September.

boz-monaut
12-08-2021, 04:37 PM
https://macquariefootball.com.au/wp-content/uploads/sites/13/2019/05/REGULATION-E-2019.pdf

E 30 FIXTURES NOT PLAYED AS SCHEDULED

In the event of a washout in the Finals Series the following Rules shall apply:-
(a) Rule E 24 (d) and (e) shall apply as the overarching Rules for such a
situation:
Notwithstanding any other Regulations on the same subject matter, the
Zone Association ZFL Competition Administrator reserves the right to alter
or amend any Fixture after it has been nominated in the Official Fixtures
List.
Such alterations could be to the date, venue, kick-off times or a
combination of all, providing the Clubs involved are given seven (7) days
prior notice, whenever possible
The Zone Association ZFL Competition Administrator has the power to
abandon any Fixture and organise any other Fixture if he/she deems such
action necessary in the interests of the Finals Series Competition.
(b) In the event of a complete or major washout in any one set of Finals Series
Fixtures, the Zone Association ZFL Competition Administrator may seek to
put the season back one (1) week IF THIS IS POSSIBLE.
(c) Efforts will be made by the Zone Association ZFL Competition
Administrator to re-locate or re-schedule washed out Finals Series Matches
to a suitable venue if the original venue is washed out.
(d) If it is not possible to achieve any of the outcomes in E 30 (a), (b) or (c), the
Zone Association ZFL Competition Administrator may declare the Finals
Series event for a specific grade or for all grades to be CANCELLED.
(e) In the event of the CANCELLATION of ONE leg of the home and away two
leg
SEMI-FINAL Matches, the Winners of the two single leg Semi-Final Matches
played shall qualify to play in the GRAND FINAL Match whilst the Losers of
the two single leg Semi-Final Matches played shall be eliminated.
In the event of a score draw in a single leg Semi-Final Match, the home and
away goals Rule (2 for an away goal, 1 for a home goal) will be used to
determine the Winner (to proceed to the Grand Final) and the Loser (to be
eliminated).
In the event of a scoreless draw in a single leg Semi-Final Match, the Zone
Association ZFL Competition Administrator shall arrange for a play-off
Match
between the two Teams to take place during the week following the drawn
Match. If at the end of normal time in this Match the Teams are still locked
in a scoreless draw, Rule E 09 (b) (3) shall be used to find the Winner –
extra time + penalty kick decider if required (for First Grade only); penalty
kick decider (for Reserve and Third Grade).
In the event of the CANCELLATION of BOTH legs of the home and away two
leg SEMI-FINAL Matches, the Teams placed in positions 1 and 2 on the
Competition ladder shall qualify to play-off in the GRAND FINAL; the Teams
placed in positions 3 and 4 on the Competition ladder will be eliminated.
(f) In the event of the CANCELLATION of the GRAND FINAL Match, the Grand
Final round for that Division/Grade shall be declared NULL AND VOID and
the
Competition shall be declared COMPLETED. No Grand Final Winner or
Grand Finalist (Grand Final Runner-Up) shall be declared since no Match
has been played.

Homer7654
12-08-2021, 07:05 PM

Lake Macquarie's home ground is literally at the centre of Boolaroo lol. I would call Cardiff the Munibung Marauders

idontwannaplaywithhowey
12-08-2021, 07:06 PM
Lake Macquarie's home ground is literally at the centre of Boolaroo lol. I would call Cardiff the Munibung Marauders

Munibung Marauders....I would 100% play for a club that was called that.

Eggs
12-08-2021, 10:55 PM
Munibung Marauders....I would 100% play for a club that was called that.

Come on Jordo, that's a lie. Your ashes will be scattered at Alder Park.

anfield
13-08-2021, 12:43 AM

We had 24 new Covid19 cases in the community for Thursday. That figure would need to be at 0 for NSW health to allow a return to football you would think.

Remember the Government has the power for return of sport, not NNSW football. You can't expect players having to make a decision on playing or not if Covid19 is still around. I'd say for nearly all the season is over, but if they can stop the spread maybe a return in 3 weeks might be possible. But that's only a guess

MonkeyKplunk
13-08-2021, 12:22 PM
No way football in NNSW returns before the pushed out GF dates.
Too many LGAs in too big an area.
For it to truly happen we would have to see all Newcastle, Lake Mac and Hunter LGAs free of ALL restrictions by Thurs Sept 2nd.

Lofty
13-08-2021, 02:48 PM
No way football in NNSW returns before the pushed out GF dates.
Too many LGAs in too big an area.
For it to truly happen we would have to see all Newcastle, Lake Mac and Hunter LGAs free of ALL restrictions by Thurs Sept 2nd.

GF's are scheduled for 18th and 19th Sep. If no further games are played, it will be first v second. If we are out on the 9th, that's plenty of time.

Oldy
13-08-2021, 04:37 PM
We had 24 new Covid19 cases in the community for Thursday. That figure would need to be at 0 for NSW health to allow a return to football you would think.

Remember the Government has the power for return of sport, not NNSW football. You can't expect players having to make a decision on playing or not if Covid19 is still around. I'd say for nearly all the season is over, but if they can stop the spread maybe a return in 3 weeks might be possible. But that's only a guess

Some people don't have the mentality to isolate properly. Can't see this improving quick enough

Sausage
14-08-2021, 02:13 PM
No chance of the season being finished.
Have to have no cases from Morrisset to Nelson bay to Muswellbrook. That’s a big bloody area.
Positive Cases are about 5-10 days behind. That means you’d have to have very low numbers in the next two weeks to even be a chance of playing finals.
She’s done boys

MonkeyKplunk
20-08-2021, 02:17 PM
Apparently we're still holding onto hope rather than making an actual adult decision and just calling it off.

Johnno
27-08-2021, 02:30 PM
Season has been cancelled.

Wandering
27-08-2021, 02:55 PM
Season has been cancelled.
Not surprising, but disappointed not to finish the whole season being so close to the end.

Thanks to all the clubs and players for a good season in difficult conditions.

Premy
27-08-2021, 05:06 PM
Congratulations to Minmi and North on your premierships.

See you all next year

namwob99
27-08-2021, 05:23 PM
Yeah, well done to the Minmi boys.
Congrats lads.

Sausage
27-08-2021, 09:41 PM
Minmi going to ZL1 next season?

namwob99
28-08-2021, 12:37 PM
Minmi going to ZL1 next season?
Have to, surely.
9 team comp, will make it 10.

onlooker
01-09-2021, 02:17 PM
Have to, surely.
9 team comp, will make it 10.

So you don’t think they will drop Barnsley and send both Minmi and yourselves up?

And at the other end either do the same with Kahibah going down and Lakes and Kurri up or just leave kahibah considering how close they were to mayfield and just sending up lakes. And then hopefully get a few new teams for ZL3?

Wandering
01-09-2021, 02:41 PM
Minmi are definitely keen to go up, but doesn't appear a decision has been given yet I don't think

Homer7654
02-09-2021, 11:10 PM
So you don’t think they will drop Barnsley and send both Minmi and yourselves up?

And at the other end either do the same with Kahibah going down and Lakes and Kurri up or just leave kahibah considering how close they were to mayfield and just sending up lakes. And then hopefully get a few new teams for ZL3?

Either way these are both the best options

namwob99
03-09-2021, 11:42 AM

Unsure what the club's thinking, but I personally wouldn't complain if we went up also as I feel we'd compete pretty well in 1s.

Eggs
06-09-2021, 09:36 PM
Unsure what the club's thinking, but I personally wouldn't complain if we went up also as I feel we'd compete pretty well in 1s.

That's probably what Mayfield said moving up from 3's to 2's, and we all know how that turned out.

Wandering
07-10-2021, 09:41 PM
Official decision received today that Minmi will move up to ZL1 and lakes to move to ZL2.

Premy
07-10-2021, 10:37 PM
Official decision received today that Minmi will move up to ZL1 and lakes to move to ZL2.

Was the sensible decision.

Anyone got any ideas on who the "new club within the Newcastle Football region who will enter League Three and keep the division at 8 teams" is?

Jardelsimage
08-10-2021, 06:54 AM
Was the sensible decision.

Anyone got any ideas on who the "new club within the Newcastle Football region who will enter League Three and keep the division at 8 teams" is?

Newcastle Croatia

ranger
08-10-2021, 08:26 AM
I think a community/ethnic based community team could work well in the zone league levels.

Would be a good way to build something long term, which is what the league needs.

Was a pity to see Simba go it'd be great to have them back.

riverboy
09-10-2021, 09:47 AM
Does this mean Barnsley and Kahibah stay in their respective grades?

Homer7654
09-10-2021, 05:09 PM
Does this mean Barnsley and Kahibah stay in their respective grades?

It makes sense for both to stay to have 10 teams in ZL1 and 8 in ZL2

Wandering
10-10-2021, 08:17 AM
Yeah everyone else stays in the same position, with the possibility of a new club coming into ZL3.

riverboy
10-10-2021, 09:05 AM
It makes sense for both to stay to have 10 teams in ZL1 and 8 in ZL2

Maybe, but both clubs might want to drop? Considering Barnsley were well off the pace plus Kahibah struggled in zone league 2.

Fred Devils
14-11-2021, 03:43 PM
Anyone know of a keeper interested to play ZL2 next season? Message 0410 189 333

KITZ
19-11-2021, 02:16 PM
Bump. In case anyone ever wants to find this thread again.

Captain_Carl
20-11-2021, 09:40 AM
I am bumping this back to page 1 where it belongs.

Robbery
12-01-2022, 10:13 AM
Merewether Advance SFC are kicking off preseason training on January 19.

Anyone interested in playing for the Wethers please email merewetheradvance@hotmail.com or contact us through the socials for more info.