PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Zone League 3 thread

boz-monaut
01-01-2021, 08:59 AM
discussion here

anfield
02-01-2021, 08:58 AM
2021 is here, zone league preliminary draws are out.
A few old clubs back in zone league plus one new club.

Also a couple of clubs missing from draw, although some may enter after preliminary draw. What has happened to Jesmond?
Also Lochinvar entered last year and competed extremely well in combined zone league 2 and 3, but weren't listed?

I think Hunter Simba went early last year, appears they mighten get back up?

As for the new clubs, Morisset and Musselbrook are back. You would assume Morisset will be strong, big growth area and former powerhouse of zpl. Interesting to see both them and Charlestown are playing Sundays and west Wallsend are playing Friday nights.

Would have been ideal for only one or two clubs playing Sundays. I'd say Charlestown are done for scheduling reasons as they only have one field.

Also one new club, South Maitland playing out of Gilleston heights. Possibly former players from Lochinvar, Maitland seniors or Maitland juniors have moved there?

Bring on season 2021

mge61
02-01-2021, 09:39 AM
Great to see Mus Vegas back in. Nice day trip up the valley for the opposing teams.

Imyourhero
02-01-2021, 12:04 PM
I believe South Maitland are predominately the guys from Lochinvar

riverboy
03-01-2021, 11:26 AM
I believe South Maitland are predominately the guys from Lochinvar

1 year in and a change of clubs. That must be a new record

Supersub
04-01-2021, 07:27 AM
Just wondering if any teams are after players, just looking for club lower division with new family commitments.

anfield
04-01-2021, 08:26 AM
Just wondering if any teams are after players, just looking for club lower division with new family commitments.

Dudley zone league 3 are looking for players, I will send you a private msg.

Uzi_89
09-01-2021, 02:24 PM
1 year in and a change of clubs. That must be a new record

Committee fallout I believe. Over half wanted football development with ZL used to retain good young players and the other only wanted to focus on quantity of players and women's football. Something like that.

Uzi_89
11-01-2021, 09:50 AM
How is everyone looking leading in to this season? Many flow on effects (players returning etc) from Covid?
Did Muswellbrook originally pull the pin due to ZL player numbers or other reasons? Good to see them back in ZL

anfield
13-01-2021, 09:38 AM
Dudley are back after a years break due to COVID19, we had an all age team made up mostly of reserve grade from previous years. Still unsure totally of numbers, Probably won't know more until Wednesday 20th when training starts. But I have a feeling we will be chasing 10-14 players. If anyone is looking for a game send us a private msg or contact us on 0418453655

anfield
15-01-2021, 08:46 AM
Looks like Lake Macquarie have a team in zl3 now?

onlooker
15-01-2021, 01:23 PM
Looks like Lake Macquarie have a team in zl3 now?
Pretty sure it’s the junior club who tried to get a team in a few years back.

anfield
17-01-2021, 08:39 PM
9 team competition in zl3 with Lake Macquarie in.
7 team's in zl2 with Raymond terrace gone

The Hacker
18-01-2021, 09:03 AM

That’s a fall from grace for the Terrace. Zpl 2years ago and won zl1 3 in a row

sideline88
18-01-2021, 09:48 AM

Disappointing they've pulled the pin, but after a year off and loosing a few faces id say it was put in the too hard basket, didn't even see anything up on the socials about asking for players/coaches EOI.

onlooker
18-01-2021, 09:53 AM
Mate it’s very sad, my time at the Terrace was great we had massive turn over of players last year with a change of coach and last year was going to be the start of a rebuild. But unfortunately the year was called off for Terrace, and both myself and the first grade coach were offered opportunities to coach else where for this year that we couldn’t turn down which left the club starting from scratch. unfortunately it’s not always easy to attract players out that way for a rebuild. No doubt they will be back in the future tho.

onlooker
18-01-2021, 09:55 AM
Disappointing they've pulled the pin, but after a year off and loosing a few faces id say it was put in the too hard basket, didn't even see anything up on the socials about asking for players/coaches EOI.
There was an EOI out for a coach late last year I believe but had no response. Tried to get one internally after that but with no luck.

namwob99
18-01-2021, 05:46 PM

Surely push someone up and make it 2x8s right?

Homer7654
18-01-2021, 09:37 PM

Would be better because both comps will get more games

anfield
18-01-2021, 10:04 PM

Normally probably yes, but Muswellbrook are in zl3. 3 midweek games would be a big inconvenience to them and away teams. I pretty sure that's the official word. Not sure what teams would be ready to jump up? Medowie or South Maitland?

anfield
20-01-2021, 07:41 AM
What is the go with substitutions/interchange in ZL3 this year? 3 subs only in first grade and 4 interchange in ressies?

I believe ATM yes, but there is a meeting with joint committee and clubs in late February to confirm.

Wandering
23-01-2021, 12:08 PM
Minmi FC are looking for a few more trial games this year. We are available any Sunday through March and can host or travel, anyone interested send me a message

Homer7654
08-02-2021, 12:59 AM
Lakes ZL3 defeated 2020 ZPL Premiers Cardiff City 3-2 on Sunday in first grade. A good start to preseason trials for the fellas.

Jardelsimage
08-02-2021, 05:59 AM
Lakes ZL3 defeated 2020 ZPL Premiers Cardiff City 3-2 on Sunday in first grade. A good start to preseason trials for the fellas.

Good result for you in the end and your team should go well in your comp.
The first game made up of primarily 3rd graders and trialists was 5-1 to CCFC.
2nd game won 3-2 by you, was a side made up of some 3rds, mostly new reggies players and a couple of 1st players from last years squad and yes in the end we had our pants pulled down by a side who basically wanted it more than us.

So once again good result and good luck in 2021...

outsider
08-02-2021, 12:55 PM
2nd game won 3-2 by you, was a side made up of some 3rds, mostly new reggies players and a couple of 1st players from last years squad and yes in the end we had our pants pulled down by a side who basically wanted it more than us.

Looks there are settling in well at Cardiff-whinged to the referee all game

Jardelsimage
08-02-2021, 01:14 PM
Looks there are settling in well at Cardiff-whinged to the referee all game

confused????

riverboy
08-02-2021, 11:41 PM

Sounds like the Lakes boys have gone off early. Big difference playing a team of lower graders then a full first grade outfit.

FatKeeper
10-02-2021, 10:35 AM
If any teams are after a trial game Newcastle Suns are looking for potentially 1 squad maybe 2 as first grade have trials booked in
If any teams are able to host we would be interested please contact 0421835026

SMFC Phoenix
13-02-2021, 12:15 PM
South Maitland Phoenix is looking to fill a void in our trials schedule. Is anyone able to host us for both grades on Saturday 20th February (next weekend). We will be looking to bring 2 or 3 teams to allow our 16s to have a run too.

Please email president@southmaitlandfc.com.au or coaching@southmaitlandfc.com.au

Many thanks, and best of luck for the season!

LINGERA
16-02-2021, 01:53 PM
Who are the Lakes boys? where have they come from?

Captain_Carl
18-02-2021, 04:37 PM
If you are playing in Zone League 3 your aim for the season should be to be playing Zone League 2 next season. It’s all about having a winning mindset and not being content with mediocrity.

anfield
21-02-2021, 12:25 PM
Cardiff City FC are entering a side in ZL3 to complement their ZPL squad.
Any interested players can PM me or contact 0418453655 or 0427254548

The Hacker
21-02-2021, 01:20 PM

Late start?

Homer7654
21-02-2021, 03:49 PM

Surely it’s too late for that. Cardiff fielding 5 teams in total?

anfield
21-02-2021, 04:57 PM
Surely it’s too late for that. Cardiff fielding 5 teams in total?

Cardiff will be replacing Dudley, no dramas. Teams always come in and go out of league 3, some late.

Homer7654
21-02-2021, 07:04 PM
Cardiff will be replacing Dudley, no dramas. Teams always come in and go out of league 3, some late.

That makes total sense

Bleachers
10-03-2021, 10:30 AM
ZPL Reserve Grade side looking for a trial this weekend. If any teams are keen, please PM.

Homer7654
16-03-2021, 04:18 PM
Does the interchange rule still apply to ZL3 Reserve Grade?

ranger
16-03-2021, 08:15 PM
I'm pretty sure it's 2 in first half, 4 at half time, 2 in 2nd half.

Soccer Player
16-03-2021, 09:39 PM
Yo, defender here looking for a game in zone league this year, anyone still after players?

anfield
30-03-2021, 02:51 PM
Good win by Lakes in FFA cup, I think they will be one of top 2-3 teams to beat this year. Especially given they have a fair few of last year's Toronto Northern League One First grade team I'm hearing.
Not taking too much out of Muswellbrook's loss. Monday night trip from the valley difficult especially against a good side.

Homer7654
08-04-2021, 12:11 PM
How many players allowed on bench for reserves in ZL3?????

Jardelsimage
08-04-2021, 03:27 PM
How many players allowed on bench for reserves in ZL3?????

sheet has 5 spots but can only use 15 players, so technically 4, its the same as 3rds in ZPL, ZL1 and reggies in ZL2?

anfield
09-04-2021, 10:42 PM
West Wallsend v Cardiff City
Firsts 3-2 west Wallsend, Game of 2 halves. Cardiff were up 2-0 with 20 minutes to go. West Wallsend stormed home for a deserving win.

Reserves
West Wallsend 5-3
Again, Cardiff were up 3-2. But the West Wallsend striker was the difference scoring 4 goals

Jardelsimage
10-04-2021, 05:44 AM
West Wallsend v Cardiff City
Firsts 3-2 west Wallsend, Game of 2 halves. Cardiff were up 2-0 with 20 minutes to go. West Wallsend stormed home for a deserving win.

Reserves
West Wallsend 5-3
Again, Cardiff were up 3-2. But the West Wallsend striker was the difference scoring 4 goals

Great effort last night for the Tigers, considering 3 weeks ago we still weren't sure if we would have a team.

Homer7654
10-04-2021, 07:04 PM
Lakes vs Charlestown:
Firsts 4-2 Lakes
Ressies 4-1 Charlestown

scouser
11-04-2021, 05:41 PM
Muswellbrook vs Morisset

Firsts 7-1 Muswellbrook
Reserves 5-3 Muswellbrook

MonkeyKplunk
12-04-2021, 11:54 AM
Feel sorry for the Morisset boys.
They asked us late Friday if we could change to our field because theirs was still water logged.
Then had to travel to Mussy with a small amount of players playing both grades.

Some piss poor refereeing handed down to both sides saw the most amount of cards I've ever seen in a game, including two for players "entering the pitch without permission" when the sideline ref had already taken sub numbers and told them to go on at that stoppage.

mge61
12-04-2021, 12:01 PM
Feel sorry for the Morisset boys.
They asked us late Friday if we could change to our field because theirs was still water logged.
Then had to travel to Mussy with a small amount of players playing both grades.

Some piss poor refereeing handed down to both sides saw the most amount of cards I've ever seen in a game, including two for players "entering the pitch without permission" when the sideline ref had already taken sub numbers and told them to go on at that stoppage.

Great to see Mus Vegas back in the fray of Zone Leagues. Usually an interesting day up the valley.

MonkeyKplunk
12-04-2021, 12:33 PM
Great to see Mus Vegas back in the fray of Zone Leagues. Usually an interesting day up the valley.

It's been a long time coming. Covid almost screwed the whole plan last year, and numbers were REALLY sketchy up until a month ago.

Pretty thankful to have some ridiculously talented 17 & 18 year olds on the books though.

Just a spectator
12-04-2021, 09:45 PM
Lakes vs Charlestown:
Firsts 4-2 Lakes

Saw this game,Charlestown controled the game, up 2-0 at half time then mid way through second half 3 bad mistakes in the defense for Charlestown Left their keeper out to dry...Charlestown had the opprtunity to equlise with 10 to go and a stiker facing an epty net only had to pass the ball into the goal and decided to be a hero and blast the ball over the crossbar ... lakes 4th goal was an absolute disgrace... Lakes launched an attack with a through ball into the Charlestown box, The keeper came flying out to collect and a lakes forward ran flatout at him not looking to pull out.. as the keeper collected the ball he went through the attacker and abloutley flattened him... ( no mallace) just a big colloisin the keeper realising the lakes guy was in serious troble kicked the ball to the side line and went to tend to the injured player... the ref never stopped the game and the lakes guys continued on and scored while the Carlestown keeper was attendint to Their Injured player...! an absolute disgrace poor form and lack of sportsmanship from Lakes..!!! I noticed the Keeper never shook any lakes peoples hand after the game and can't say I blame him..! a win first up for Lakes but poor form..!

Homer7654
12-04-2021, 10:21 PM
Saw this game,Charlestown controled the game, up 2-0 at half time then mid way through second half 3 bad mistakes in the defense for Charlestown Left their keeper out to dry...Charlestown had the opprtunity to equlise with 10 to go and a stiker facing an epty net only had to pass the ball into the goal and decided to be a hero and blast the ball over the crossbar ... lakes 4th goal was an absolute disgrace... Lakes launched an attack with a through ball into the Charlestown box, The keeper came flying out to collect and a lakes forward ran flatout at him not looking to pull out.. as the keeper collected the ball he went through the attacker and abloutley flattened him... ( no mallace) just a big colloisin the keeper realising the lakes guy was in serious troble kicked the ball to the side line and went to tend to the injured player... the ref never stopped the game and the lakes guys continued on and scored while the Carlestown keeper was attendint to Their Injured player...! an absolute disgrace poor form and lack of sportsmanship from Lakes..!!! I noticed the Keeper never shook any lakes peoples hand after the game and can't say I blame him..! a win first up for Lakes but poor form..!

Look bud. When that incident occurred, the Charlestown team went on a counter attack when the Lakes players were screaming at the ref to stop the play. Luckily the Lakes defenders prevented Charlestown from scoring and then they went on the attack and scored. So in my books, that's a bit of karma for Charlestown not kicking it out

bobwillis67
12-04-2021, 10:26 PM
So "Just A Spectator" Clearly a one eyed Charlestown supporter.. I just happened to be down at the end that the incident happened. Youu forgot to mention that the Charlestown Keeper punted the ball ball down field for a Charlestown counter. When that fizzled out Lake returned fire. The fact that your keeper actually raised his knee and elbow into the lakes players without cause seems to have slipped your memory.. Maybe the old fart was feeling guilty.. In any case he needs to pay attention to the actual game... He stated that none of the lakes guys cared about the welfare of their own player... "yes I heard that" I'd suggest that Charlestown read the rule book... Physio's etc cannot enter the field until signalled by the ref. The ref didn't stop play so game on... Whinge all you like.. That goal made it 4-2, so not even the winner.
Yes the Keeper didn't shake hands, and I expect better from someone of his advanced years.:thumbsup:

anything bro
12-04-2021, 10:28 PM
Glory Glory Lake Macquarie ������

Just a spectator
12-04-2021, 10:57 PM
So "Just A Spectator" Clearly a one eyed Charlestown supporter.. I just happened to be down at the end that the incident happened. Youu forgot to mention that the Charlestown Keeper punted the ball ball down field for a Charlestown counter. When that fizzled out Lake returned fire. The fact that your keeper actually raised his knee and elbow into the lakes players without cause seems to have slipped your memory.. Maybe the old fart was feeling guilty.. In any case he needs to pay attention to the actual game... He stated that none of the lakes guys cared about the welfare of their own player... "yes I heard that" I'd suggest that Charlestown read the rule book... Physio's etc cannot enter the field until signalled by the ref. The ref didn't stop play so game on... Whinge all you like.. That goal made it 4-2, so not even the winner.
Yes the Keeper didn't shake hands, and I expect better from someone of his advanced years.:thumbsup:

No Not a Charlestown supporter as such I just know a couple of them ... the keeper kicked the ball towards the sideline... I was watching the incident from there so didn't realise the game went on, my bad thanks for clearing that up then...
Are you serious though... a striker running flatout directly at the keeper with no intention to slow down or deviate with less than a 50?50 chance of getting the ball ... do you expect the keeper any keeper to not protect themself...? he was the second guy to run into him in that half maybe the young buck got what he deserved then if you want to go on.... I don't know about guilt but if someone is croaking they can't breathe any person with an ounce of human decency would try to help them, which the keeper did... and he was right to comment that the lakes guys had no concern for their injured player they didn't but I guarantee if an incident like that happens again he probably will let the dude lay there on his own... I'm not whinging at all Charlestown deseved to lose 3 major mistakes in their back line leaving the keeper exposed , they got what they deserved...! 4th goal still poor from.. Really I don't blame him especiallly after your comment earlier that instead of tending the lakes player he should have been watching the game ... what if the kid swallowed his tongue or worse you're a clown he did the right thing to make sure the kid was ok 4th goal was basically last kick of the game

ZONE LEAGUE ALL STAR
14-04-2021, 02:22 PM
Charlestown player here,

Id say a fair summary of the match would be Charlestown probably got the better of a fairly evenly contested first half with Lakes missing a couple of easy chances. Lakes began to take over through the midfield midway through the 2nd half where their younger legs started to show and in the end was the difference and the score line pretty well reflects the game.

As for the goal keeper incident, the only person to blame is the referee. keeper is 10 yards to the side tending to a downed opposition player, blow the whistle...

Cabaye#4
15-04-2021, 11:12 PM
Firstly, you can't swallow your tongue, thanks for attending my Ted talk.

And from what I saw, Charlestown had the better of the encounter but really missed their first choice keeper since they basically defended well but made the mistake of conceding 4 shots in the second half.
Well, 3, the last one was a farce. Imagine dogging your teammate because the other team didn't kick it out. Who needs enemies with friends like that.

Both teams have areas to improve, but if Charlie can stop leaking goals, they'll be close to top. Lakes are young and enthusiastic but that only gets you so far.

Homer7654
17-04-2021, 04:40 PM
Lakes vs Medowie

Firsts 7-2
Ressies 3-4

MonkeyKplunk
17-04-2021, 07:37 PM
Kurri Kurri vs Muswellbrook

Firsts 0 - 1
Res 2 - 3

anfield
18-04-2021, 11:43 AM
Cardiff v Charlestown

Firsts 5-0 Charlestown
Reserves 3-1 Charlestown

Homer7654
21-04-2021, 11:17 AM
Muswellbrook lost 6 points in both grades. What is the go with that? Ineligible player?

anfield
21-04-2021, 12:50 PM
Muswellbrook lost 6 points in both grades. What is the go with that? Ineligible player?

Interesting, good turnaround for teams that played them. You would think ineligible player, but it's just speculation. For mine there is a big difference between a mistake and intentionally breaking the rules. The association has had a firm ruling on ineligible players for a few years now and everyone knows the rules or has access to them for grey areas.

But like I said, it's just speculation

Razzle
21-04-2021, 01:35 PM
There was a player awaiting international clearance, the player was registered and all paperwork was completed. There is a hold up with getting clearance at the moment, the player was unfortunately on all four team sheets.

Thomas477
22-04-2021, 08:39 PM
Bit surprising to see 15 of the 16 zone games on Saturday this week, will make refs scarce.

Johnno
22-04-2021, 09:10 PM
Bit surprising to see 15 of the 16 zone games on Saturday this week, will make refs scarce.

Not surprising at all Anzac Day Sunday just being respectful.

MonkeyKplunk
24-04-2021, 06:26 PM
Cardiff City v Muswellbrook
First 0 - 2
Res 3 - 7

Homer7654
24-04-2021, 06:43 PM
Kurri Kurri vs Lakes
First 1-2
Ressies 2-2

Cabaye#4
24-04-2021, 10:50 PM
Westy v Charlie
Res 1-3
1sts 3-4

anfield
24-04-2021, 11:35 PM
Cardiff City v Muswellbrook
First 0 - 2
Res 3 - 7

Full credit to Muswellbrook getting the points in both grades.
First grade was a tight game with Muswellbrook converting a penalty with 3 minutes to go to secure the points.

Reserves was full of goals , Cardiff lead 2-0 then 3-2 to get swamped by Muswellbrook.

On a sour note I hope the young lad up front for the Muswellbrook learns from his mistake for their second goal in reserve grade. I understand the theory of playing the whistle, But that was extremely poor form and I'm surprised it appeared to be applauded by fellow teammates.

Cabaye#4
25-04-2021, 07:59 AM
I understand the theory of playing the whistle

You mean the theory of following the first and most basic law that underpins sport?

Sounds like there was more confusion yesterday.

Homer7654
01-05-2021, 06:02 PM
Lakes vs Morisset
Firsts Lakes 7-3
Ressies Lakes 3-1

MonkeyKplunk
01-05-2021, 07:49 PM
Muswellbrook vs West Wallsend
Firsts 7-0
Res 3-2

anfield
01-05-2021, 11:23 PM
Kurri v Cardiff
Firsts 3-1
Reserves 0-1

Solid effort from Cardiff with 15 players unavailable. Reserves had their first win while first grade were within a goal until close to 5 minutes to go.
Thanks to Kurri who provided two good officials for both grades. Club referees are going to be a regular this year and the two referees had good games.

Cabaye#4
02-05-2021, 08:05 PM
Charlie v Medowie
Res 1-1
1sts 4-0

anfield
08-05-2021, 10:55 PM
Cardiff City v Lakes
Firsts 6-3 Lakes
Reserves 6-0 Lakes

14 players out for Cardiff for the 2nd week running has made it extremely difficult to remain competitive in both grades. Lakes are good, your going to have to be close to full strength to get close to them.

MonkeyKplunk
09-05-2021, 10:13 PM
Medowie v Muswellbrook
Firsts 4-2
Res 2-4

Muswellbrook with 15 players for 2 grades. Most played 170 mins of football and were still pushing all the way to the end of firsts.
Some really unlucky 50/50 calls all going Medowie way, and club ref's who constantly whinged about having to run 6 games back to back because they got screwed by the ref's association. Like they're the only ones who never get ref's on a Saturday.

anfield
10-05-2021, 07:10 AM
Medowie v Muswellbrook
Firsts 4-2
Res 2-4

Muswellbrook with 15 players for 2 grades. Most played 170 mins of football and were still pushing all the way to the end of firsts.
Some really unlucky 50/50 calls all going Medowie way, and club ref's who constantly whinged about having to run 6 games back to back because they got screwed by the ref's association. Like they're the only ones who never get ref's on a Saturday.

That's an awesome effort from Muswellbrook, missing players for work, injury? Certainly going to be tough with an upcoming midweek round.

I guess the question needs to be asked, why was the same clubs doing 6 games back to back? Surely there are more guys within the club that could have helped out?

Cabaye#4
10-05-2021, 07:38 AM
I hope ZL3 rego is cheap as chips considering yas don't have to pay refs fees

anfield
10-05-2021, 03:39 PM
I hope ZL3 rego is cheap as chips considering yas don't have to pay refs fees

You still have to pay guys to referee the matches. Otherwise you won't get anyone

Cabaye#4
11-05-2021, 09:23 AM
You still have to pay guys to referee the matches. Otherwise you won't get anyone
All these games I reffed or did the line and received nothing (apart from abuse).
What a stitch up!

anfield
13-05-2021, 06:54 AM
Cardiff v Medowie
1-0 Medowie
Really good game of football with only a handful of clear cut chances. Medowie came out strong and were the better team for the first 30 minutes. Cardiff got into the groove of the game and dominated the second half. Medowie got the winner from a counter attack with 5 minutes to go. Dissapointing not to get 3 points let alone 1 so to come up with none is a kick in the guts.

Reserves
2-1 Cardiff
Big turnaround from the weekends poor display. Having some numbers back really helped.

Homer7654
13-05-2021, 11:47 AM
Westy vs Lakes
1st 2-3
Res 1-5

Captain_Carl
13-05-2021, 08:16 PM
I hope everyone is enjoying the season. What do you think has been the biggest surprise to date so far? Has there been any streakers at any games?

anfield
14-05-2021, 08:03 AM
Westy vs Lakes
1st 2-3
Res 1-5

That's an impressive performance by westy, I think that's the closest anyone has gone to taking points off Lakes?

Homer7654
15-05-2021, 12:04 PM
That's an impressive performance by westy, I think that's the closest anyone has gone to taking points off Lakes?

Kurri came close a few rounds back in a crazy game. But yeah Westy really did well after being 3-0 down at halftime

anfield
15-05-2021, 10:50 PM
Cardiff City v West Wallsend
Firsts 0-0
Reserves 2-2

Homer7654
16-05-2021, 04:59 PM
Charlestown vs Lakes
1sts 0-2
Res 1-3

Just a spectator
18-05-2021, 08:22 PM
Charlestown vs Lakes
1sts 0-2
Res 1-3

I saw this game couldn't miss it after the first round clash these teams had...!
it was an interesting game Charelstown totally controlled the forst 30 minutes and should have been up 3 or 4 nil at that stage... Lakes keeper was in the right spot a few times for rushed shots and made good saves, calmer strikers would have scored by placing the ball but hey..! credit to the young lad for staying big and making some good saves... Lakes scored 2 goals in quick succession courtesey of 2 raging mistakes by the Charlestown back line they stitched their keeper up and couldn't follow simple instructions from him... they were disoriented and caught out of position and Lakes took their chances well. late in the half Lakes had a young fella sent off for decent and went down to 10 men. You would have thought that after half time and only being down by 2 that Charlestown would have come out guns blazing but instead came out looking like a beaten side they had the extra man but you wouldn't have thought so... Lakes rallied and Charlestown panicked they were at best reactive and in no way pro active they needed to move the ball around and stretch the 10 men of Lakes around the park but instead took too long on the ball never moved into space for each other, they dove into tacklesand went into other tackles half hearted and looked like a beaten side from the half time kick off , they had a right wing who has No idea how to play right wing he spent all day chaing the ball inside to shase it back out to the wing and whenever he actually got the ball he eithe passed the ballto the opposition or was just pushed off the ball , infact most of the charelstown side were easily pushed off the ball and were very weak in tackles. this was supposed to be a top ofthe table clash but it was a wimper at the end with Charelestown hardly even haveing a shot in the second half and couldn't find the net against 10 men.. don't know how they are at the top of the table with that kind of effort they don't deserve to be there so would be interesting to watch the table over the next few weeks... if Charelsown think they can make semis they have some serious work to do... Lakes were lucky to get 2 gifts other wise I don't think they would have scored but they took their chances well and held on they will be there at the business end not sure about Charlestown..

Cabaye#4
18-05-2021, 09:25 PM
I saw this game couldn't miss it after the first round clash these teams had...!
it was an interesting game Charelstown totally controlled the forst 30 minutes and should have been up 3 or 4 nil at that stage... Lakes keeper was in the right spot a few times for rushed shots and made good saves, calmer strikers would have scored by placing the ball but hey..! credit to the young lad for staying big and making some good saves... Lakes scored 2 goals in quick succession courtesey of 2 raging mistakes by the Charlestown back line they stitched their keeper up and couldn't follow simple instructions from him... they were disoriented and caught out of position and Lakes took their chances well. late in the half Lakes had a young fella sent off for decent and went down to 10 men. You would have thought that after half time and only being down by 2 that Charlestown would have come out guns blazing but instead came out looking like a beaten side they had the extra man but you wouldn't have thought so... Lakes rallied and Charlestown panicked they were at best reactive and in no way pro active they needed to move the ball around and stretch the 10 men of Lakes around the park but instead took too long on the ball never moved into space for each other, they dove into tacklesand went into other tackles half hearted and looked like a beaten side from the half time kick off , they had a right wing who has No idea how to play right wing he spent all day chaing the ball inside to shase it back out to the wing and whenever he actually got the ball he eithe passed the ballto the opposition or was just pushed off the ball , infact most of the charelstown side were easily pushed off the ball and were very weak in tackles. this was supposed to be a top ofthe table clash but it was a wimper at the end with Charelestown hardly even haveing a shot in the second half and couldn't find the net against 10 men.. don't know how they are at the top of the table with that kind of effort they don't deserve to be there so would be interesting to watch the table over the next few weeks... if Charelsown think they can make semis they have some serious work to do... Lakes were lucky to get 2 gifts other wise I don't think they would have scored but they took their chances well and held on they will be there at the business end not sure about Charlestown..
TL/DR
Sounds like the team with the better keeper won. Maybe if the Charlie keeper could organise his defence they wouldn't concede easy goals all the time instead of him crab-walking around the field pretending to carry the shopping inside.

Geez, for a bloke who just attends as a 'spectator', you seem pretty victimised by the Hammers performance. And you know the ins and outs so well all from the sideline, how odd.
Maybe next time you're 'spectating' you should try to do something about it instead of coming online and bitching about blokes like a coward.

traffic light
18-05-2021, 10:11 PM
Nah. Come on and give your honest opinion. Dont mind seeing some facts about a game

Just a spectator
18-05-2021, 10:39 PM
TL/DR
Sounds like the team with the better keeper won. Maybe if the Charlie keeper could organise his defence they wouldn't concede easy goals all the time instead of him crab-walking around the field pretending to carry the shopping inside.

Geez, for a bloke who just attends as a 'spectator', you seem pretty victimised by the Hammers performance. And you know the ins and outs so well all from the sideline, how odd.
Maybe next time you're 'spectating' you should try to do something about it instead of coming online and bitching about blokes like a coward.

Ah wouldn't say that ... Lakes keeper did ok the saves he made were hit straight at him... credit to him though he kept a clean sheeet
Charlies keeper is a good keeper I wouldn't say he crabs around... he was the busier keeper and made some good saves mainly clean ups but needed to be done..as for the goals.. were you even at the game the Charelstown keeper was organising his defense all day he never shut up... he got stiched for 2 goals and a good example is the second goal his back was under pressure and he called for the ball and the back passed the ball basically to the lakes striker... it's not the keepers fult is a bloke can;t make a simple 10 yard pass...!

Yes I'm a spectator been retired for a while now and I'm no victim buddy ... and being a spectator it's not my job to as you say do something about it , that 's the coache's job and the team...and I wasn't bitching about blokes I just gave a fair oppinion of what I saw on the day ... do you even know what a coward is you peanut... you're probablly one of those precious types who can;t handle the truth or critisism and need to be tokd you're the best everones a winner...

Homer7654
18-05-2021, 10:43 PM

With that response, why don’t you just announce yourself as the second coming of Newysports. You have made one critical error. Charlestown are nowhere near top of the table, they are 9 points off Lakes. Kurri were second before this game

anfield
19-05-2021, 07:04 AM
With that response, why don’t you just announce yourself as the second coming of Newysports. You have made one critical error. Charlestown are nowhere near top of the table, they are 9 points off Lakes. Kurri were second before this game

Charlestown are closer to the top then the bottom. I still see them as being a big threat around finals time.
After 7 games, Lakes already look the goods for promotion. They will drop some points along the way, Interesting to see who can grab some points off them first.

Just a spectator
19-05-2021, 08:17 AM

Ha ha good on ya ... ok then I stand corrected I haven't looked at the tale I was told by someone it was 1 v 2

LINGERA
19-05-2021, 09:36 AM
Ah wouldn't say that ... Lakes keeper did ok the saves he made were hit straight at him... credit to him though he kept a clean sheeet
Charlies keeper is a good keeper I wouldn't say he crabs around... he was the busier keeper and made some good saves mainly clean ups but needed to be done..as for the goals.. were you even at the game the Charelstown keeper was organising his defense all day he never shut up... he got stiched for 2 goals and a good example is the second goal his back was under pressure and he called for the ball and the back passed the ball basically to the lakes striker... it's not the keepers fult is a bloke can;t make a simple 10 yard pass...!

Yes I'm a spectator been retired for a while now and I'm no victim buddy ... and being a spectator it's not my job to as you say do something about it , that 's the coache's job and the team...and I wasn't bitching about blokes I just gave a fair oppinion of what I saw on the day ... do you even know what a coward is you peanut... you're probablly one of those precious types who can;t handle the truth or critisism and need to be tokd you're the best everones a winner...

Hi Shal

Homer7654
19-05-2021, 10:58 AM
Charlestown are closer to the top then the bottom. I still see them as being a big threat around finals time.
After 7 games, Lakes already look the goods for promotion. They will drop some points along the way, Interesting to see who can grab some points off them first.

Could be anyone. Everyone will try desperately to take points off them. Kurri looking the goods though atm. Big wins recently

Just a spectator
20-05-2021, 04:46 PM
Hi Shal

Lol I'm not Shal buddy, I do know him, I've played with and against him, and he used to train at the same gym, you obviously can't read I've been retired for a while now

LINGERA
20-05-2021, 08:26 PM
Lol I'm not Shal buddy, I do know him, I've played with and against him, and he used to train at the same gym, you obviously can't read I've been retired for a while now

Ok thanks for clearing that up Shal

Just a spectator
20-05-2021, 10:05 PM
Ok thanks for clearing that up Shal

I don't know you Pal and you definatley don't know me... !

anfield
23-05-2021, 09:03 AM
Medowie v Cardiff
Firsts 1-0
Reserves 4-2

Homer7654
29-05-2021, 07:54 PM
Muswellbrook vs Lakes
1st 3-0
Res 2-6

Eagles the first team to take points off Lakes and deservingly so

chewyonyaboots
29-05-2021, 08:04 PM

Kidding yourself if you think anyone is going to waste their time reading this novel

anfield
30-05-2021, 08:39 AM
Cardiff City v Morisset
Firsts 3-2 Cardiff
Reserves 2-1 Cardiff

Cardiff have finally won a game in firsts after some decent efforts

Razzle
31-05-2021, 08:39 PM
Any word on results for Westy and Medowie yet?

riverboy
01-06-2021, 06:54 AM
Any word on results for Westy and Medowie yet?

Nothing posted on sportstg site or either clubs Facebook pages. West Wallsend appear to not be posting many results lately compared to earlier in the year? Medowie is a club page, not much information on zone league team.

Charman
01-06-2021, 12:13 PM
Cardiff City v Morisset
Firsts 3-2 Cardiff
Reserves 2-1 Cardiff

Cardiff have finally won a game in firsts after some decent efforts

Well done mate. Team was put together very late. You've done well considering.

anfield
03-06-2021, 01:01 PM
Well done mate. Team was put together very late. You've done well considering.

We were always going to start slow with the squad basically fully getting put together only a few weeks before the competition started. With numbers now , I think we can win a few more games before seasons end.

The move to Cardiff City FC was a good one, a club on the rise, strong ZPL outfit and a really good committee backing the teams.

onlooker
03-06-2021, 11:34 PM
We were always going to start slow with the squad basically fully getting put together only a few weeks before the competition started. With numbers now , I think we can win a few more games before seasons end.

The move to Cardiff City FC was a good one, a club on the rise, strong ZPL outfit and a really good committee backing the teams.

The interesting thing for me is going to a club that already has a zone team and puts a cap on what you can achieve interms of climbing up the divisions. Obviously In The short term not a main focus but long term you can only climb to ZL2. ( unless the rule on clubs having two teams playing in the same division has changed)

anfield
04-06-2021, 11:48 AM
The interesting thing for me is going to a club that already has a zone team and puts a cap on what you can achieve interms of climbing up the divisions. Obviously In The short term not a main focus but long term you can only climb to ZL2. ( unless the rule on clubs having two teams playing in the same division has changed)

I guess everybody is entitled to their opinion but I will add some key points.

*At our previous club we competed in zone league 3 for 6 straight years. We made the finals twice but didn't get close to promotion. It's extremely difficult to get promotion especially with the likes of Hamilton Azzurri, Argenton and Minmi all coming through the division in previous years.

* Importantly for us we needed to play somewhere where we could attract players. Cardiff City FC is a club that is much better qualified to catering for zone league football. The committee is very proactive and committed.

* This year we have 37 players on our books, so the move has only helped attracting players. Previously we have lost too many players to other zone league clubs, There is 8 former players at a zone league 1 club alone. This setup will allow players that want to push on the opportunity to do so without leaving the club.

* We train with the ZPL squad, that's great experience for our guys. This combined numbers at training allow coaches the opportunity to have proper training sessions that we could previously never do.

In all it was a No-brainer for us to move to Cardiff City FC. In saying that around 14 players or coaches made the move, so a much bigger percentage of the squad has come from elsewhere including Cardiff City FC itself.

anfield
06-06-2021, 11:11 PM
Charlestown v Cardiff City
Firsts 3-1 Charlestown
Reserves 3-0 Charlestown

mge61
07-06-2021, 11:17 AM
Any results from Westy and Mussie for the weekend. Eagles have been very average getting their results posted.

anfield
13-06-2021, 09:50 AM
Muswellbrook v Cardiff City FC was washed out yesterday. Dissapointing as a midweek catch up game is now looking likely.

Always dissapointing when it's sunny for a day or so and game is washed out, they must have got a fair amount of rain during the week

Homer7654
13-06-2021, 10:02 PM
Any results from Westy and Mussie for the weekend. Eagles have been very average getting their results posted.

Westy still yet to post their last 2 home games. Very very slack

riverboy
14-06-2021, 09:37 AM
Westy still yet to post their last 2 home games. Very very slack

I thought clubs got fined if there results didn't get posted by a certain time frame. Maybe the association have gone soft on this?

Singleton was washed out yesterday. So maybe there was more rain up the valley? Either way a trip up the valley to Muswellbrook will be tough for the Cardiff boys.

MonkeyKplunk
15-06-2021, 10:25 AM
Muswellbrook v Cardiff City FC was washed out yesterday. Dissapointing as a midweek catch up game is now looking likely.

Always dissapointing when it's sunny for a day or so and game is washed out, they must have got a fair amount of rain during the week

Fair bit of rain during the start of last week, and then max temps of 6 degrees until late in the week wasn't really conducive for drying anything out.
Council closed all the grounds through-out the Shire early on Thursday so that made out decision easier.
We actually hate the mid-week games as much as anyone else and try to avoid them as much as possible.

MonkeyKplunk
15-06-2021, 10:28 AM

Strange.
Considering I usually update every game score on Sunday evenings before I post all the team sheets.
Was only late on the Kurri score because I went away that weekend and the boys got blind immediately after getting smacked and forgot what they did with the team sheets.

Thomas477
15-06-2021, 09:35 PM
Fair bit of rain during the start of last week, and then max temps of 6 degrees until late in the week wasn't really conducive for drying anything out.
Council closed all the grounds through-out the Shire early on Thursday so that made out decision easier.
We actually hate the mid-week games as much as anyone else and try to avoid them as much as possible.

Don’t let sense get in the way of a good conspiracy!

anfield
20-06-2021, 10:13 AM
Cardiff City v Kurri
Firsts kurri 11-0
Reserves kurri 7-0

Kurri slaughtered us in both grades. We are down in quality and depth ATM with 10 missing yesterday through uni holidays. 2 defenders go off injured within 30 minutes and the floodgates flow open.
Credit to kurri, they were real good yesterday. It's a shame that we only gave them a training run. Dissapointing as last time we played them we only went down by 2 and we won reserve grade.

MonkeyKplunk
26-06-2021, 07:41 PM
Muswellbrook v Medowie
Firsts 7-2
Res 3-4

anfield
26-06-2021, 11:39 PM
Lakes v Cardiff City
Firsts 7-1 lakes
Reserves 3-3

Firsts very open game, Lakes make you pay for any mistakes. We probably could have scored 4-5 in response but when you aren't playing well the confidence in front of goal is often down.

Reserves 3-3, Lakes with a cracking late free kick to earn a point.

15 players unavailable today which makes it difficult especially against the top sides, hopefully the coronavirus stays away so the season can continue.

Razzle
30-06-2021, 01:24 PM
Anyone heard if any clubs will struggle with numbers due to COVID restrictions? Will this result in forfeits or will it be a reschedule?

anfield
30-06-2021, 02:24 PM
Anyone heard if any clubs will struggle with numbers due to COVID restrictions? Will this result in forfeits or will it be a reschedule?

I'd say so, you would have to think Morisset would struggle given their game vs Charlestown was off due to covid19 restrictions.

We have 3 out due to restrictions

Razzle
30-06-2021, 03:47 PM
I'd say so, you would have to think Morisset would struggle given their game vs Charlestown was off due to covid19 restrictions.

We have 3 out due to restrictions

Did Morisset forfeit or they rescheduling ?

anfield
30-06-2021, 05:28 PM
Did Morisset forfeit or they rescheduling ?

I'd imagine rescheduling.

MonkeyKplunk
02-07-2021, 09:16 PM
Morisset vs Muswellbrook on Sunday was postponed on Thuraday

I'd say the majority of their club would be out if it was a normal juniors weekend

anfield
03-07-2021, 08:46 AM
West Wallsend v Cardiff
First grade 1-1
Reserves 4-1 west Wallsend

Both teams down on numbers

anfield
08-07-2021, 01:04 PM
Any news on Morisset? Hard to see them playing for at least the next couple of weeks.

MonkeyKplunk
09-07-2021, 02:25 PM
Any news on Morisset? Hard to see them playing for at least the next couple of weeks.

I talked with them Wednesday before restrictions were extended and we were waiting until the announcement before even talking about rescheduling.
Looks like that won't be possible for a few weeks now, especially with Sydney still in a melt down the last few days!

MonkeyKplunk
09-07-2021, 02:26 PM
Muswellbrook v Charlestown washed out.
Both fields are officially part of the new Muswellbrook Aquatic Center.

anfield
09-07-2021, 03:03 PM
Muswellbrook v Charlestown washed out.
Both fields are officially part of the new Muswellbrook Aquatic Center.

Not looking good for Tuesday night then? How many have they Morisset got ruled out?

MonkeyKplunk
12-07-2021, 01:12 PM
Did any games get played on the weekend?

anfield
13-07-2021, 10:55 AM
Did any games get played on the weekend?

It appears West Wallsend played lakes, but no scores posted.

anfield
14-07-2021, 11:30 AM
Muswellbrook v Cardiff
Muswellbrook won both grades 8-1

First grade was a contest up until half time with the score being 2-1.Extreamly dissapointed with the send off after 35 minutes and scoreline blew out in the end with 4 goals in the last 25 minutes.

Reserves , Muswellbrook way too good 8-1.

Muswellbrook are a strong club, tough midweek trip with 19 players unavailable. Makes it so difficult with most featuring in 2 grades against 2 fresh teams. The Muswellbrook striker and centre back are 2 of the best players in the competition.

mge61
14-07-2021, 12:03 PM
Muswellbrook v Cardiff

First grade was a contest up until half time with the score being 2-1.Extreamly dissapointed with the send off after 35 minutes and scoreline blew out in the end with 4 goals in the last 25 minutes.

Muswellbrook are a strong club, tough midweek trip with 19 players unavailable. Makes it so difficult with most featuring in 2 grades against 2 fresh teams. The Muswellbrook striker and centre back are 2 of the best players in the competition.

Well done to Cardiff making the trip up the valley for both grades, it’s not an easy one and a lot of clubs may have forfeited ressies. Very hard to get numbers together for two grades anywhere for a midweek catch up.

MonkeyKplunk
14-07-2021, 12:44 PM
Muswellbrook v Cardiff

I missed the game last night, wish I could have gotten down.
Well done to you guys for getting up mid-week. Unfortunate for you to catch the boys on a good week where we have numbers available.

Let's hope we all don't have too many more reschedules!

anfield
14-07-2021, 01:45 PM
Well done to Cardiff making the trip up the valley for both grades, it’s not an easy one and a lot of clubs may have forfeited ressies. Very hard to get numbers together for two grades anywhere for a midweek catch up.

A couple of guys pulled out late and as soon as we knew that we felt we should have forfeited reserves. But it was too late

anfield
17-07-2021, 09:16 AM
Morisset back on the park tomorrow in first grade only.

anfield
18-07-2021, 09:18 PM
Morisset v Cardiff City
First grade 4-1 Cardiff
Solid effort from Morisset, It was a tight game for the first 60 minutes. Cardiff got a couple of goals towards the back end of the game to secure the points.

MonkeyKplunk
19-07-2021, 06:25 PM
Lakes v Muswellbrook
5 - 1 Lakes

First Grade only. A bunch of Muswellbrook guys got emergency call outs at 8.30am all round the Upper Hunter, left us with 14.
Strong showing from both teams. Relatively even until Lakes packed on 3 goals in quick succession and then it went away from there.

Mind you, Lakes acting like they won the Euros on Insta but forgetting that every club in the comp has taken it to them this year when we get to field a full strength squad.

Also, that field should have been a washout. If they decided that the juniors and All Age couldn't play on Friday but kept field 1 open just for Zone then it shows how much the club cares about their junior programs.

anfield
20-07-2021, 11:46 AM
Lakes v Muswellbrook
5 - 1 Lakes

First Grade only. A bunch of Muswellbrook guys got emergency call outs at 8.30am all round the Upper Hunter, left us with 14.
Strong showing from both teams. Relatively even until Lakes packed on 3 goals in quick succession and then it went away from there.

Mind you, Lakes acting like they won the Euros on Insta but forgetting that every club in the comp has taken it to them this year when we get to field a full strength squad.

Also, that field should have been a washout. If they decided that the juniors and All Age couldn't play on Friday but kept field 1 open just for Zone then it shows how much the club cares about their junior programs.

Lakes are the most dangerous team at creating goals from nowhere. They always have goals in them.

Just our luck we got you midweek with so many numbers compared to us, then you struggle on Saturday.

anfield
22-07-2021, 10:44 AM
Cardiff v Medowie
Firsts 2-2, Medowie up 2-0 at half time. Cardiff came back well to earn a well deserved draw.

Reserves 4-1 Medowie.
Medowie way too good, Cardiff dissapointing.

The reserve grade competition has improved alot. Early days I would have thought Charlestown would have been certainties. But Kurri, Muswellbrook and Medowie have all been super impressive lately and that's not mentioning Lakes who I think are running first.

MonkeyKplunk
22-07-2021, 02:11 PM
Well, the rot has started unfortunately.
18 players unavailable for the weekend through injury, work commitments and COVID excuses.

Kurri v Muswellbrook Reserve Grade is a forfeit :sigh:

anfield
22-07-2021, 02:54 PM
Well, the rot has started unfortunately.
18 players unavailable for the weekend through injury, work commitments and COVID excuses.

Kurri v Muswellbrook Reserve Grade is a forfeit :sigh:

Wow, that could really hurt you guys

anfield
25-07-2021, 07:49 AM
Cardiff City v Charlestown

Both grades
Charlestown 3-0

Homer7654
31-07-2021, 05:01 PM
Lakes vs Kurri
Reserves 2-0
Firsts 5-2

Massive win for Lakes in both grades

anfield
01-08-2021, 08:39 AM
Lakes vs Kurri
Reserves 2-0
Firsts 5-2

Massive win for Lakes in both grades

Lakes surely home now as minor premiers in both grades?
There hasn't been any posts from Lakes for a while?

anfield
01-08-2021, 08:45 AM
Muswellbrook v Cardiff City
Firsts 4-0 Muswellbrook
Reserves 9-2 Muswellbrook

Firsts was a contest for 70 minutes, with the score 1-0 up until that point. Cardiff had a couple of chances at 1-0 and 2-0 to make a close finish. But Muswellbrook put their foot down for a comfortable win in the end.

Reserves , Muswellbrook way too good.

Muswellbrook the dark horse for mine come finals time in both grades provided they make them.

Zone league 3 has been really strong this year especially at the top end of the table.

Johnno
27-08-2021, 01:31 PM
Season has been cancelled.

CJFC ZL
09-11-2021, 02:35 PM
Looking for a Goalkeeper to add to the squad for the 2022 ZL3 season if anyone knows anyone or is interest. Contact on 0421 002 941. Cheers

Captain_Carl
20-11-2021, 08:36 AM
I thought I would give this a bump because it had moved back to page 3 for some reason.

CJFC ZL
29-12-2021, 09:28 AM
Hi Everyone, Charlestown Junior Zone League 3 training starts 13th January 6:30pm @ Charlestown Oval. All players welcome, if you have any questions please dont hesitate to contact on 0421 002 941. Cheers

riverboy
01-01-2022, 09:36 PM
Hi Everyone, Charlestown Junior Zone League 3 training starts 13th January 6:30pm @ Charlestown Oval. All players welcome, if you have any questions please dont hesitate to contact on 0421 002 941. Cheers

Surprised that a team has made a decision to start training so early given we are just off hitting a peak in a global health pandemic. A little bit irresponsible I believe

The Hacker
02-01-2022, 02:18 AM
Surprised that a team has made a decision to start training so early given we are just off hitting a peak in a global health pandemic. A little bit irresponsible I believe

They will almost be the first club back training in all of Zone Leagues

Goatscheese
02-01-2022, 11:03 AM

It's all outside, there's been no mandate. People can make their own decision if they want to go or not

djjones
02-01-2022, 01:50 PM

Putting it off wont make a big difference with outside stuff. Just keep the 1.5 where possible. When you get C19 have a rest.

Biggest worry during comp will be having multiple players out for a week here and there. oh and the underlying issues and staying alive.

riverboy
02-01-2022, 02:56 PM
Putting it off wont make a big difference with outside stuff. Just keep the 1.5 where possible. When you get C19 have a rest.

Biggest worry during comp will be having multiple players out for a week here and there. oh and the underlying issues and staying alive.

I think the objective is not to get Covid , The problem is that this virus spreads easy. I'd hate to be the player that brings it home to a household and isolates a full house for 7 days.

Why not just wait to at least mid February, by all reports the next 2-3 weeks could be be the worst. Just because the government haven't mandated something doesn't mean you can't use some simple common sense.

CJFC ZL
06-01-2022, 09:22 AM

Hi, an update to this. We are going to change the venue to Redhead Beach. so training starts 13th, 6:30pm @ Redhead Beach