PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Women's Premier League thread

boz-monaut
01-01-2021, 09:01 AM
discussion here

onlooker
31-01-2021, 07:46 PM
Maitland WPL U/13’s is chasing a goal keeper for the upcoming season. If anyone knows of someone who might be interested get them to contact me on 0421646037

Cheers Cal

sideline88
02-02-2021, 08:59 AM
Good to get out over the weekend to a few preseason games

Broadmeadow FC VS Football Mid North Coast

1st Magic Defeated FMNC 3-1
Res FMNC Defeated Magic 2-1
17s FMNC Defeated Magic 6-1
15s FMNC Defeated Magic 4-0
13s FMNC Drew Magic 2-2

New Lambton FC VS Adamstown

1st Adamstown Defeated NLFC 2-0
Res Adamstown Defeated NLFC 6-2
17s Adamstown Defeated NLFC 4-1
15s Adamstown Defeated NLFC 6-1
13s Adamstown Defeated NLFC 6-1

Goatscheese
04-02-2021, 09:02 PM
Good to get out over the weekend to a few preseason games

Broadmeadow FC VS Football Mid North Coast

1st Magic Defeated FMNC 3-1
Res FMNC Defeated Magic 2-1
17s FMNC Defeated Magic 6-1
15s FMNC Defeated Magic 4-0
13s FMNC Drew Magic 2-2

New Lambton FC VS Adamstown

1st Adamstown Defeated NLFC 2-0
Res Adamstown Defeated NLFC 6-2
17s Adamstown Defeated NLFC 4-1
15s Adamstown Defeated NLFC 6-1
13s Adamstown Defeated NLFC 6-1

Looks bad for New Lambton but they had only been back training for a week while Adamstown never really stopped

onlooker
05-02-2021, 10:50 AM
Looks bad for New Lambton but they had only been back training for a week while Adamstown never really stopped

Didn’t stop and was doing 4 nights a week at one stage at least. One of the girls in the team I was involved with last year played her last game for us on a Saturday then went straight into training on the Sunday with them. No off season at all.

Goatscheese
05-02-2021, 09:30 PM
Didn’t stop and was doing 4 nights a week at one stage at least. One of the girls in the team I was involved with last year played her last game for us on a Saturday then went straight into training on the Sunday with them. No off season at all.

Hope the TD knows what he is doing, going to burn out the players

onlooker
12-02-2021, 04:33 PM
Charlestown take over Merewether as of next season. Wonder how long until Warner’s Bay are taken over. New Lambton will need to get their men’s team into the top grade soon to keep their program I’d say to keep in line with what is required to go to NPLW

sammydog
12-02-2021, 07:52 PM
Charlestown take over Merewether as of next season. Wonder how long until Warner’s Bay are taken over. New Lambton will need to get their men’s team into the top grade soon to keep their program I’d say to keep in line with what is required to go to NPLW

Add Adamstown to that, not aligned with an NPL club which seems to be NNSW's goal.

onlooker
12-02-2021, 07:58 PM
Add Adamstown to that, not aligned with an NPL club which seems to be NNSW's goal.
Yes very true I keep forgetting that but I guess if/when they align they still stay the same and won’t change grounds and such.

anfield
12-02-2021, 09:53 PM

Merewether have been a vital reason why the NPLW has become so big, interesting to see what they think about it all? Surely the players don't mind the facilities, at the end of the day if it was a major problem then they wouldn't be playing there.

Goatscheese
12-02-2021, 10:22 PM
Merewether have been a vital reason why the NPLW has become so big, interesting to see what they think about it all? Surely the players don't mind the facilities, at the end of the day if it was a major problem then they wouldn't be playing there.

Key personal are going over it and yes the only founder club left (We can't count Magic since they gave it up). But it isn't if the players like the facilities or not, Northern don't like them and wants to make it a WNPL and so they need to be playing at grounds that are NPL standard. It's the exact same reason why South Wallsend, Wallsend and Thornton have moved to NPL clubs.

Warners Bay will be next, and New Lambton are wanting to keep the teams which is why they are trying to make Arthur Edden or Sportsground number 2 the ground the WPL plays out of. Adamstown already playing out of Adamstown number 1 so are safe.

Goatscheese
12-02-2021, 10:23 PM

I think it is playing at NPL facilities not aligned with a NPL club.

anfield
13-02-2021, 03:47 PM
Key personal are going over it and yes the only founder club left (We can't count Magic since they gave it up). But it isn't if the players like the facilities or not, Northern don't like them and wants to make it a WNPL and so they need to be playing at grounds that are NPL standard. It's the exact same reason why South Wallsend, Wallsend and Thornton have moved to NPL clubs.

Warners Bay will be next, and New Lambton are wanting to keep the teams which is why they are trying to make Arthur Edden or Sportsground number 2 the ground the WPL plays out of. Adamstown already playing out of Adamstown number 1 so are safe.

I thought Merewether had a big plan to do up their ground? Has something changed? Eibar is a town of 27,000 in Spain, they have a stadium of 8,000 and they play in LaLiga. Their stadium is dwarfed by all in LaLiga
Surely Merewether should be able to continue in NPLW if they wish to?
Over the next few years council, NNSW and the club could start improving facilities.

Goatscheese
13-02-2021, 08:24 PM
I thought Merewether had a big plan to do up their ground?

Yes Newcastle Council has a plan to upgrade the ground, don't believe the upgrades still met the facilities required (such as a media box, changerooms that can fit 30 people etc.). In fact IIRC Merewether had tried to lobby the council for more and were seeking public support.

Has something changed? Eibar is a town of 27,000 in Spain, they have a stadium of 8,000 and they play in LaLiga. Their stadium is dwarfed by all in LaLiga

While I may agree with you, NNSWF and FA don't see it that way, they have their own idea and that's what it is. NNSWF needs to ensure all their WPL teams reach the standard set by FA so that they can promote a WNPL in the federation and participate in the WNPL similar to how the NPL runs across all federations.

Surely Merewether should be able to continue in NPLW if they wish to?

Would appear not according to Northern. It's why New Lambton are trying to get on Sportsground #2 so they don't have to give up theirs and since Adamstown Juniors already play at an NPL ground they don't have to worry.

sammydog
13-02-2021, 09:26 PM
Yes Newcastle Council has a plan to upgrade the ground, don't believe the upgrades still met the facilities required (such as a media box, changerooms that can fit 30 people etc.). In fact IIRC Merewether had tried to lobby the council for more and were seeking public support.

While I may agree with you, NNSWF and FA don't see it that way, they have their own idea and that's what it is. NNSWF needs to ensure all their WPL teams reach the standard set by FA so that they can promote a WNPL in the federation and participate in the WNPL similar to how the NPL runs across all federations.

Would appear not according to Northern. It's why New Lambton are trying to get on Sportsground #2 so they don't have to give up theirs and since Adamstown Juniors already play at an NPL ground they don't have to worry.

But the end result of not allowing clubs to try and develop the facilities is ultimately we end up with the NPL and WPL becoming one and the same and there won’t be a chance of promotion/relegation from the comp (men’s or women’s), which is ironic given the number of NPL teams that want access to the A-league.

I do see it as a kick in the guts to the clubs that worked their arses off to make the WPL, but northern will never get or understand that. The clubs benefiting now have not given a toss about women’s football until now when they see a dollar to be made.

namwob99
13-02-2021, 09:48 PM
And the big boys keep getting richer.

riverboy
13-02-2021, 09:58 PM
It's a disgraceful call, No Loyalty at all to Merewether. Why should the footballing public show any loyalty to these amateurs that are destroying our local game.

Goatscheese
14-02-2021, 02:54 PM
But the end result of not allowing clubs to try and develop the facilities is ultimately we end up with the NPL and WPL becoming one and the same and there won’t be a chance of promotion/relegation from the comp (men’s or women’s), which is ironic given the number of NPL teams that want access to the A-league.

Oh I agree and we have clubs like New Lambton that have the funds and want to upgrade being stopped by Council.

And Northern isn't giving any leeway to other clubs to even been given promotion or relegation between NPL and NewFM because of this critieria bs whereby if a ground doesn't have a media box they don't get in.

I do see it as a kick in the guts to the clubs that worked their arses off to make the WPL, but northern will never get or understand that. The clubs benefiting now have not given a toss about women’s football until now when they see a dollar to be made.

Well indeed, Magic used to have a WPL side but they treated them poorly and got rid of them yet now they have one again.

late_to_the_game
14-02-2021, 08:31 PM
Azurri v Magic 1st grade 1-1 today.
Last weekend Merewether 3-0 over Adamstown.

Going to take me while to stop yelling Merewether/Llamas

Goatscheese
14-02-2021, 09:56 PM
Going to take me while to stop yelling Merewether/Llamas

Are you going with them?

Also I never understood why you called yourself Llamas when it is the Merewether Eagles.

Nnswf
15-02-2021, 09:40 AM
The same Charlestown Azzuri that had a Wpl side but cut the program only weeks out from the season leaving alot of the girls with no where to play? Seems about right

late_to_the_game
15-02-2021, 02:10 PM
Are you going with them?

Also I never understood why you called yourself Llamas when it is the Merewether Eagles.

Llama's came from a fever induced dream Cass had.....
Yes will be involved, but staying on as Pres at Merewether for this year at least.

Also current Azzuri board does not bear much relationship with that of 8+ years ago.

Aegon
15-02-2021, 02:46 PM
Llama's came from a fever induced dream Cass had.....
Yes will be involved, but staying on as Pres at Merewether for this year at least.

Also current Azzuri board does not bear much relationship with that of 8+ years ago.

Rumours everywhere had Merewether WPL going to Jaffas. Was this something being considered that fell through or just people making guesses as to what they thought the most logical step would be?

Alan
15-02-2021, 08:58 PM
Rumours everywhere had Merewether WPL going to Jaffas. Was this something being considered that fell through or just people making guesses as to what they thought the most logical step would be?

Hey Aegon,

Funny u say this as today I was told New Lambton WPL were being linked to Jaffas for next season. I couldn’t see this but the more you think about it...

A

late_to_the_game
15-02-2021, 10:07 PM
Hey Aegon,

Funny u say this as today I was told New Lambton WPL were being linked to Jaffas for next season. I couldn’t see this but the more you think about it...

A

Likely NL will now get 8 games at Arthur Edden, but zero chance of them joining Jaffas. NL are too aspirational to do that. We had 4 game days scheduled there, I am assuming they will take them over.
Council decided 8 womens game days were what the field could handle in addition to Jaffas Senior and Youth.
So NNSW gave NL 4 and Merewether 4...
At some point if Jaffas does apply for the WNPL, NL could have a problem.

late_to_the_game
15-02-2021, 10:13 PM
Merewether did have discussions with Jaffa's, and it could have worked well if NCC could have helped with training facilities. When you bring in the womens programs you are nearly doubling the number of teams at the club. Chris S is a very good guy to deal with.
Merewether has been turning away all age teams for years to manage the load on the fields, now we will say yes to fill the gap. We have added at least 2 teams so far. Merewether has about 500 interdistrict players.

Hurricane
15-02-2021, 10:31 PM
Have heard Maitland are having similar headaches to other clubs who bring in WPL.
Not enough training facilities to cater for everyone. Surely this is a problem council needs to address

sammydog
16-02-2021, 07:38 AM
Have heard Maitland are having similar headaches to other clubs who bring in WPL.
Not enough training facilities to cater for everyone. Surely this is a problem council needs to address

Why, they should have thought of that before bringing them in. Lots of other clubs looking for more space for players that get told thats their problem.

Next they will complain there is too much wear and tear on the pitch.

Or did they just bring the women in to use as a bargaining chip to enhance their facilities?

Every club, community through NPL has ground space issues. If you knowingly outgrow your capacity, thats not everyone else's problem. Divert some of the player payments into upgrades, dont stick your hand out and expect council to fix it.

Aegon
16-02-2021, 07:40 AM
Merewether did have discussions with Jaffa's, and it could have worked well if NCC could have helped with training facilities. When you bring in the womens programs you are nearly doubling the number of teams at the club. Chris S is a very good guy to deal with.
Merewether has been turning away all age teams for years to manage the load on the fields, now we will say yes to fill the gap. We have added at least 2 teams so far. Merewether has about 500 interdistrict players.

Thanks for the response, appreciate the openness.

onlooker
16-02-2021, 12:36 PM

It’s a juggling act sometimes with late changes to what part of the field we train on but it hasn’t been too bad. Currently have plenty of room behind maitland hospital ( which has no lights so will be on the move once it gets dark earlier think we are heading to maitland park), have secured one night a week at another clubs ground to help with the load.

Johnno
16-02-2021, 08:02 PM
It’s a juggling act sometimes with late changes to what part of the field we train on but it hasn’t been too bad. Currently have plenty of room behind maitland hospital ( which has no lights so will be on the move once it gets dark earlier think we are heading to maitland park), have secured one night a week at another clubs ground to help with the load.

Think Touch Football use Maitland Park most nights of the week for their competitions.

Goatscheese
16-02-2021, 08:02 PM
Or did they just bring the women in to use as a bargaining chip to enhance their facilities?

I dare say that would've been part of the consideration, all that Women's World Cup Grant money to soon be flooding in

onlooker
16-02-2021, 08:13 PM
Think Touch Football use Maitland Park most nights of the week for their competitions.

Yeah I think that’s why we currently are behind the hospital training, and I think the finer details are still being worked out for the eventual move over..

late_to_the_game
05-03-2021, 09:46 PM
Due to two players being offered Jets Academy spots Azzuri/Merewether U15 Grand Final winning team is looking for two players. If interested check out the Azzuri facebook page for details.

onlooker
16-03-2021, 10:11 PM
Due to late player movement Maitland WPL U/17’s are in search of a GK. If you know of someone who is interested get them to contact me on 0421646037. Cheers Cal

late_to_the_game
17-03-2021, 10:34 PM
So there was a question in the NPL thread looking for predicted table at the end of the year. Anyone game to go on the record with their WPL 1st grade predictions?

sideline88
18-03-2021, 06:17 AM
So there was a question in the NPL thread looking for predicted table at the end of the year. Anyone game to go on the record with their WPL 1st grade predictions?

1. Broadmeadow Magic
2. Newcastle Olympic
3. Adamstown
4. Maitland
5. Charlestown
6. Warners Bay
7. Mid North Coast
8. New Lambton

my predictions above, new to the world of WPL football so ill just have to wait and see how she pans out. I think Maitland will be the dark horse this year since taking over the licence from Thornton

Bull fighter
19-03-2021, 11:49 AM

1. Olympic
2. Charlestown
3. Maitland
4. Magic
5. Adamstown
6. Middies
7. Warners Bay
8. New Lambton

Aegon
19-03-2021, 05:05 PM
What's happened to New Lambton? Won the comp in 2019 but have completely nose dived?

Alan
20-03-2021, 09:49 AM
What's happened to New Lambton? Won the comp in 2019 but have completely nose dived?

Hi Aegon,

It’s been tough on New Lambton. They lost their coaches, then their best players when Olympic and Magic came into the comp.

The new coach is pretty inexperienced at WPL level but is doing their best with what they have.

It’s the same old problem for New Lambton, do great work developing players but can’t compete with those NPL clubs when they decide they want to get involved in WPL as well.

It will be a tough season for the Eagles.

A

ForeverRed
20-03-2021, 10:54 AM
Hi Aegon,

It’s been tough on New Lambton. They lost their coaches, then their best players when Olympic and Magic came into the comp.

The new coach is pretty inexperienced at WPL level but is doing their best with what they have.

It’s the same old problem for New Lambton, do great work developing players but can’t compete with those NPL clubs when they decide they want to get involved in WPL as well.

It will be a tough season for the Eagles.

A

Have to disagree, when the club was doing well on the field it boasted regularly how good the club was and how it was the number one club in newcastle etc etc, a few poor decisions from the club has left it where it is now but we don’t hear them boasting anymore, please don’t blame the NPL clubs for New Lambtons own undoing, all that boasting they should be more then capable to compete with them both financially on and off the field

Jim
20-03-2021, 02:35 PM
Have to disagree, when the club was doing well on the field it boasted regularly how good the club was and how it was the number one club in newcastle etc etc, a few poor decisions from the club has left it where it is now but we don’t hear them boasting anymore, please don’t blame the NPL clubs for New Lambtons own undoing, all that boasting they should be more then capable to compete with them both financially on and off the field

Exactly. A lot of chest beating and not a lot do with npl clubs. I recall a few decent kids being overlooked at NL SAP and they found spots at NPL clubs. Some cliques were formed and teams chosen before trials. Many have fallen apart now. AT one point the youth were lead to believe they would be sharing Edden oval this year. Rumours hey.

I do feel for Alan and the others that are still there doing their best to rebuild. With solid management it will come good again.

Onyatoes
20-03-2021, 03:37 PM
Have to disagree, when the club was doing well on the field it boasted regularly how good the club was and how it was the number one club in newcastle etc etc, a few poor decisions from the club has left it where it is now but we donÂ’t hear them boasting anymore, please donÂ’t blame the NPL clubs for New Lambtons own undoing, all that boasting they should be more then capable to compete with them both financially on and off the field Yes Red a few poor decisions in 2019. A WPL program ran its own show, racked up $20k in debt, mostly to pay the players including 2 strikers who scored 70 odd goals (which is why they won the comp). When the NL1 part of the club bailed them out of $20k hole the Committee merged. The tap was turned off. Then the Coach left to follow his coaching pathway, a new Coach came in and their 2 most Senior players left because they could see the likelihood of no success with the 70 goals gone and they didn't like the Coach. When they left and headed to Olympic, the rest turned on the Coach and demanded a change. His results caused his unfortunate demise and when he left, the old Coach on the pathway found his way back to WPL and he started courting players from the Club that gave him a shot. The players who did the business on the Coach then abruptly left, and the Club started over vowing never to make the same mistakes in a division where adopted WPL teams "represent" their new NPL family. I don't see many Clubs as well run, the Sports Club will be a major reason behind their future success as they have numbers on the Board. They are the next in line for an NPL shot behind Cooks Hill to be fair and their Youth teams and all Senior grades are already showing in trials that they match average NPL clubs already. Not sure why you like to throw mud from afar at New Lambton, nor why you claim to have any idea about what goes on there. You obviously have an axe to grind but zero connection and zero involvement.

Barry Dawson
20-03-2021, 03:39 PM
You must be on the inside of New Lambton. Seems like you have a good handle of what went on?

Do you think it was the loss of 2 players to Sydney clubs - that combined scored nearly 70 goals in 2019?

Was it that Olympic were happy to take the clubs co-captains just as the comp restarted from Covid?

Or perhaps it was last seasons player mutiny (after the club gave them what they asked for) and exodus to Maitland to rejoin a Coach at Maitland that left the club in a serious financial hole in 2019?

Or do you think that teams can just be rebuilt in an offseason?

Winning competitions aren’t everything - money cannot buy longevity - Building a sustainable club is. Lesson learned. But with nnsw now about to tell clubs that they are unable to take a gate fee of $5 at wpl games for the first time - makes everyone’s job a little harder.

Barry Dawson
20-03-2021, 04:43 PM
For the record Jim - Edden was never discussed for youth teams, only senior teams.

This was on the back of council pulling the pin on New Lambton spending a further $300,000 on alder park, instead requiring NL to put that money into improvements of Edden - all part of their a strategic Sports plan - which has turned to be anything but strategic.

As the relatively newest club into premier football (men and women) NL has been up against it for the last 5 years plus. At every turn, councils decisions and advice has been at best embarrassing and nothing more than hampering the growth of community sport.

So “rumours”? No. Fortunate for Jaffa’s? Yes. But another example of the council backflips - one after another.

This is not a boo hoo story - but just what the club has gone through. No different to any other over the years. Sometimes injecting some truth into the rumours chat isn’t a bad thing.

Aegon
20-03-2021, 05:01 PM
For the record Jim - Edden was never discussed for youth teams, only senior teams.

This was on the back of council pulling the pin on New Lambton spending a further $300,000 on alder park, instead requiring NL to put that money into improvements of Edden - all part of their a strategic Sports plan - which has turned to be anything but strategic.

As the relatively newest club into premier football (men and women) NL has been up against it for the last 5 years plus. At every turn, councils decisions and advice has been at best embarrassing and nothing more than hampering the growth of community sport.

So “rumours”? No. Fortunate for Jaffa’s? Yes. But another example of the council backflips - one after another.

This is not a boo hoo story - but just what the club has gone through. No different to any other over the years. Sometimes injecting some truth into the rumours chat isn’t a bad thing.

Appreciate the insight and honest responses everyone.

Eastwest
20-03-2021, 06:29 PM

FTR I also was told by 2 youth players that they were going to Edden. So the rumour that had filtered down at that time sounds like the kids were getting a little over excited. Fortunate for Jaffas? Not sure how.

Agree that the council has hampered progress for the NL club quite often.

Back to WPL. Surely NL can resurrect the WPL side.

ForeverRed
20-03-2021, 07:31 PM
Not throwing any mud at all, just being honest, it’s a club I bled for and had a hand in helping it survive in the 80s financially and never asked for a sent back, but if you want to survive and prosper you need to be honest with yourself, I wish the club all the best but let’s not sugarcoat things,

Barry Dawson
20-03-2021, 09:16 PM
Fortunate in that they did not have to share Edden with another men’s club.

NL will be more than fine. Whether it be this year or next season or those beyond. We remain absolutely committed to getting the girls back to the top of the ladder and developing our young eagles into the champions of the future.

Goatscheese
21-03-2021, 08:02 PM
This was on the back of council pulling the pin on New Lambton spending a further $300,000 on alder park, instead requiring NL to put that money into improvements of Edden - all part of their a strategic Sports plan - which has turned to be anything but strategic..

Sorry is this $300,000 of New Lambton's money and not council money that council said had to be put into Edden?

sammydog
21-03-2021, 08:50 PM
Sorry is this $300,000 of New Lambton's money and not council money that council said had to be put into Edden?

Alder Park.

Barry Dawson
21-03-2021, 09:59 PM
Council don’t want New Lambton spending New Lambton money on Alder.

sapdad
22-03-2021, 01:02 PM

Hasnt councils position all along been that they want Edden to become a home to both Jaffas and NL and if thats the case the money will be spent?

spamg172
23-03-2021, 10:10 AM
Hasnt councils position all along been that they want Edden to become a home to both Jaffas and NL and if thats the case the money will be spent?

Sharing grounds is the most untenable idea there is. Without even going into the dynamics of different clubs working together (which is 0% chance of success), there purely is not enough space/time in a week to share a field.
If it's a match day venue only, possibly.
But clubs struggle to find room for teams to train as it is. If the quality is to improve across all football (which is what we all want) the players need to be on the field more often, not in the corner of a field more often.

Goatscheese
23-03-2021, 10:02 PM
If it's a match day venue only, possibly.

Even as a match day venue it isn't viable. We can see that this year Olympic and both Adamstowns don't have all their teams playing all their home games at their home ground this year.

jackkhan
23-03-2021, 11:57 PM
Here is the full list of match updates. i thought it's helpful for everyone

https://www.skysports.com/womens-super-league-table

late_to_the_game
26-03-2021, 09:31 PM
Renee Valentine's Herald team reviews and season forecast seem pretty accurate to me.
Jen Hoy a massive loss for Warner's Bay.

Johnno
26-03-2021, 11:12 PM
Renee Valentine's Herald team reviews and season forecast seem pretty accurate to me.
Jen Hoy a massive loss for Warner's Bay.

She is Charlestown ranked too high. Mass exodus of players Keeper, Ellis & Rhali massive loses. Maybe should have stayed in Red and White?

onlooker
27-03-2021, 08:47 AM
Maitland V Magic
13’s-17’s off
Res-1st waiting confirmation but still on at this stage.

late_to_the_game
27-03-2021, 01:45 PM
She is Charlestown ranked too high. Mass exodus of players Keeper, Ellis & Rhali massive loses. Maybe should have stayed in Red and White?

Those losses were happening regardless of the switch. I think 3rd is on the money, looking at the info on WB, Maitland and Atown. NL and Middies look like they are rebuilding.
Magic will be very hard to beat.
We will see ;-)

sideline88
27-03-2021, 07:49 PM
Adamstown with a solid start today 5 wins from all 5 grades against New Lambton.

No. 2 sports ground is a great spot for watching football

onlooker
28-03-2021, 07:11 PM
Maitland V Magic
Res 1-3
1st 2-5

Bull fighter
11-04-2021, 04:47 PM
Great to see the WPL live on BarTV, half time 2 all Charlestown & Maitland. Little bit surprised to report that Maitland look the better side, with 2 bombs from Charlestown, will be interesting to see what the second half brings.

onlooker
11-04-2021, 07:24 PM
Charlestown V Maitland

1st 3-2
Res 0-2
17’s 7-1
15’s 7-1
13’s 1-2

Game Leader
11-04-2021, 09:22 PM
Magic vs Olympic last night was a decent game. Both teams looked pretty sharp compared to the other games I’ve seen.
Olympic missed a fair few chances where Magic took theirs. Definitely the top two sides on paper and on the park I’d say this early on.

Bull fighter
12-04-2021, 09:45 AM
Magic vs Olympic last night was a decent game. Both teams looked pretty sharp compared to the other games I’ve seen.
Olympic missed a fair few chances where Magic took theirs. Definitely the top two sides on paper and on the park I’d say this early on.

Yes early call but will totally agree they are the top 2 & NL will get the spoon. Middies always a hard read with not a lot of information about them available prior to the season but great to see them start with 3 all draw with Adamstown in their first fixture.

onlooker
17-04-2021, 06:11 PM
Results from Maitland V Adamstown

13’s 1-5
15’s 1-5
17’s 1-6
Res 3-3
1st 6-2 (0-0 halftime) second half was a joy to watch

Game Leader
02-05-2021, 10:08 AM
Hearing this morning both First grade coaches were shown red cards last night at LMRFF Adamstown vs Magic.
Any truth to the rumour or anyone know what went on ?
Not a good look for the competition if true.

sideline88
03-05-2021, 05:48 AM
Hearing this morning both First grade coaches were shown red cards last night at LMRFF Adamstown vs Magic.
Any truth to the rumour or anyone know what went on ?
Not a good look for the competition if true.

Not a rumour, magic coach was sent after his comments towards officials regarding a tackle on one of his players I believe, then Adamstown coach sent immediately after. Very hard to hear what exactly happened from the opposite side of the pitch

Goatscheese
04-05-2021, 11:11 AM
Not a rumour, magic coach was sent after his comments towards officials regarding a tackle on one of his players I believe, then Adamstown coach sent immediately after. Very hard to hear what exactly happened from the opposite side of the pitch

Both coaches should've known better too, one is a A-licence

Swanky
04-05-2021, 02:08 PM
Both coaches should've known better too, one is a A-licence

A-Licence Coach = Goods Book Reader

Goatscheese
04-05-2021, 02:21 PM
A-Licence Coach = Goods Book Reader

You do need to be accepted into it only the lower ones can you just go and do it so he has had enough experience to know better

Bull fighter
07-05-2021, 08:41 PM
Maitland 6 defeated New Lambton 0.
Did I see Jenna Kingsley running around for New Lambton?

onlooker
08-05-2021, 12:35 PM
Maitland 6 defeated New Lambton 0.
Did I see Jenna Kingsley running around for New Lambton?

Not unless she was a late inclusion and a surprise tactic. Team named on their Facebook page at time of kick off did not have her listed.

Hurricane
08-05-2021, 01:46 PM
Not unless she was a late inclusion and a surprise tactic. Team named on their Facebook page at time of kick off did not have her listed.

She came off the bench in the second half

onlooker
08-05-2021, 02:10 PM
She came off the bench in the second half

Well there you go, Was just talking to maitland head coach who said the same she came on at half time.

Must have been a late addition to the squad that even their Facebook page wasn’t aware of.

YewYew
11-05-2021, 09:59 PM
What’s happened to New Lambton head coach Greg Low? Told Maddy Searl now the boss. Has he been moved on silent?

The Magician
11-05-2021, 10:17 PM
What’s happened to New Lambton head coach Greg Low? Told Maddy Searl now the boss. Has he been moved on silent?

Nope, your mail is only 2 weeks behind

YewYew
11-05-2021, 11:25 PM

sacked?

onlooker
11-05-2021, 11:55 PM
New Lambton officially announce Jenna Kingsley as a signing tonight.

Goatscheese
12-05-2021, 09:36 AM

So was he sacked? Did he leave?

Is he still there as GK coach?

Bull fighter
13-05-2021, 07:15 PM
So was he sacked? Did he leave?

Is he still there as GK coach?

Where is onyanose? He will have all the answers for you.
After he got on here and bagged the new NL WPL coach and all the players before the season even started didn’t take Einstein to see it wasn’t going to end well.

Barry Dawson
13-05-2021, 08:14 PM
Greg arrived back in Aust in January 2020, after a number of years in South Africa. Still today, his wife and young family remain in South Africa - stuck there due to Covid, some 14 months later. And having 2 of his family’s flights cancelled in the past few months, this is the hardest thing he has ever had to deal with. (Btw - Greg is happy for us to share this story)

Coaching WPL in a regional town, is hardly a full time career and in support of Greg’s situation, the club offered him the opportunity to use the 3 nights and weekends to seek a higher paid role and grow his GK clinic business. Especially after he had to pay business class seats for all 4 family members - to secure their return. Greg accepted this offer for what it was - knowing we have his best interests at heart.

However, this offer meant he would need to stand back from coaching our WPL - but he remains our GK Technical Director. Greg is a valued and important member of our club.

Did the club do the right thing? I guess you will be judge and jury. But we did what we could to help him free up time in his week to earn as much as he could to be ready for his families return.

Shere Khan
13-05-2021, 08:40 PM
I know Greg personally and this bloke is a legend.
He’ll do anything for anyone.
The stuff he’s family have been through in Corona is terrible.

Bull fighter
13-05-2021, 09:04 PM
I know Greg personally and this bloke is a legend.
He’ll do anything for anyone.
The stuff he’s family have been through in Corona is terrible.

No disputing that.
And thanks Barry for clarifying, just wondering if Greg didn’t mind sharing the story why the stoney silence from NL and no formal announcement of the appointment of Maddy?

Barry Dawson
13-05-2021, 09:09 PM
The Herald was aware as was the NNSW WPL weekly review socials. We announced within the club also.
Because it wasn’t announced on this forum does not equal stoney silence.

Bull fighter
13-05-2021, 09:15 PM
The Herald was aware as was the NNSW WPL weekly review socials. We announced within the club also.
Because it wasn’t announced on this forum does not equal stoney silence.

If it was on your FB page I must have missed it?

Goatscheese
14-05-2021, 10:10 AM
Greg arrived back in Aust in January 2020, after a number of years in South Africa. Still today, his wife and young family remain in South Africa - stuck there due to Covid, some 14 months later. And having 2 of his family’s flights cancelled in the past few months, this is the hardest thing he has ever had to deal with. (Btw - Greg is happy for us to share this story)

Coaching WPL in a regional town, is hardly a full time career and in support of Greg’s situation, the club offered him the opportunity to use the 3 nights and weekends to seek a higher paid role and grow his GK clinic business. Especially after he had to pay business class seats for all 4 family members - to secure their return. Greg accepted this offer for what it was - knowing we have his best interests at heart.

However, this offer meant he would need to stand back from coaching our WPL - but he remains our GK Technical Director. Greg is a valued and important member of our club.

Did the club do the right thing? I guess you will be judge and jury. But we did what we could to help him free up time in his week to earn as much as he could to be ready for his families return.

Thanks, nice to get some actual info on here and not conjecture.

onlooker
22-05-2021, 02:25 PM
Magic called off their home games this weekend against Maitland at around 3pm Friday afternoon. All except 1st grade. Was this the only ground that could handle the showers we had that day?

Game Leader
22-05-2021, 07:11 PM
Sounds a bit suss to me. Senior men and youth playing away. Would have to be the only ground closed this weekend.

Goatscheese
22-05-2021, 09:59 PM
Magic called off their home games this weekend against Maitland at around 3pm Friday afternoon. All except 1st grade. Was this the only ground that could handle the showers we had that day?

10mm fell in the area Friday but every other ground in the area was open and dry today.

Either Magic Park have no drainage and all run off around the field is directed to to the middle of the field or there is something suss going on

onlooker
23-05-2021, 03:13 PM
Whilst watching the first grade play on Friday night the pitch did look like a goat track, but yeah was interested to see if other grounds where washed out.

Bull fighter
24-05-2021, 12:05 PM
Watched some of the game on Friday night, can anyone explain the antics of the Magic keeper?
Was it under the coaches instructions?

onlooker
24-05-2021, 01:16 PM
Watched some of the game on Friday night, can anyone explain the antics of the Magic keeper?
Was it under the coaches instructions?

No idea but it wasn’t great viewing, and the corner at the end where the magic player kicked it to herself then just booted it out.

The Magician
24-05-2021, 01:45 PM
No idea but it wasn’t great viewing, and the corner at the end where the magic player kicked it to herself then just booted it out.

What was the score

Bull fighter
24-05-2021, 02:16 PM

Definitely, found it really difficult to understand when you are 4 up in a round match to employ time wasting tactics. Why, when it could well be goal difference may end up deciding who are premiers. Dumbest thing I have see in a long long time, not to mention from a spectator point how poor it was.

ElJefe
26-05-2021, 11:15 AM
Not sure maintaining a 4-0 lead while managing injuries would be considered dumb but hey.

The Magician
26-05-2021, 01:26 PM
Not sure maintaining a 4-0 lead while managing injuries would be considered dumb but hey.

100% what imbecile coach would sub his best 3 players at half time... at 4-0 up go for the kill, 8-0... 9-0... 10-0!!! make the scoreboard attendance work his butt off... Demoralise the losing girls enough to quit their current club and transfer to the guaranteed success of All-Age A Grade women's.

onlooker
02-06-2021, 02:23 PM
Reverting back to the conversation about where Greg Lowe is now, my daughter was telling me they had a second GK coach at the Jets academy and When I asked if it was Greg she said it was..

Goatscheese
02-06-2021, 08:46 PM
Reverting back to the conversation about where Greg Lowe is now, my daughter was telling me they had a second GK coach at the Jets academy and When I asked if it was Greg she said it was..

Might be doing both

Barry Dawson
03-06-2021, 08:28 AM
Correct. He is doing both roles - club and now Jets.
Greg is a classy individual and the club remains committed to supporting Greg (as previously stated) and Greg to the club.

Bull fighter
16-06-2021, 10:39 AM
1. Olympic
2. Charlestown
3. Maitland
4. Magic
5. Adamstown
6. Middies
7. Warners Bay
8. New Lambton

Well we are half way through the season and my predictions were a little off so here is my adjusted final predictions:
1. Olympic
2. Magic
3. Maitland
4. Warners Bay
5. Adamstown
6. Charlestown
7. Middies
8. New Lambton

Charlestown the biggest disappoints of the season, really thought they had enough quality to make the semis.
Warners Bay the surprise packets, thought loss of Hoy would be huge impact but have countered that by bringing Pender back and done really well.

SilentBob
27-06-2021, 09:25 PM
Anyone know if State Cup is going ahead next weekend?

Goatscheese
28-06-2021, 10:27 AM
Anyone know if State Cup is going ahead next weekend?

Unless clubs have large number of players living in Sydney or Central Coast then why wouldn't it? No cases detected in Newcastle or Hunter Valley yet, would be silly for Northern to shut down all football first.

SilentBob
28-06-2021, 04:14 PM
Hoping that will be the case but you never know what precautions will be implemented, hence my question.

Oldy
29-06-2021, 12:05 AM
getting worse atm.

Johnno
29-06-2021, 09:35 PM
getting worse atm.

Under the COVID advice Northern put out today would make it difficult to host and control crowd etc. at Speers point has to be doubtful now.

Goatscheese
30-06-2021, 01:44 PM
Under the COVID advice Northern put out today would make it difficult to host and control crowd etc. at Speers point has to be doubtful now.

Would be easy, ban access to all except players and match officials

Bull fighter
06-07-2021, 11:13 AM
Didn't take long for Maitland to pick up some silverware. Very astute coach.

Goatscheese
06-07-2021, 11:51 AM
Got to watch a few matches, good weekend though no real surprises across any of the games

Hurricane
06-07-2021, 12:25 PM
Got to watch a few matches, good weekend though no real surprises across any of the games

No surprises with Maitland beating Magic and Olympic ?

Game Leader
06-07-2021, 03:46 PM
Maitland played all but a full strength squad they said in the paper.
Most other teams played a mix of youth 15/17 and Reserves with a few Firsts.
I think Olympic and Magic may have their eyes set n the Major silverware.

Goatscheese
06-07-2021, 05:13 PM
No surprises with Maitland beating Magic and Olympic ?

Not in a tournament.

Surprises would've been non WPL teams beating WPL teams

Reds Forever
06-07-2021, 06:05 PM
Not in a tournament.

Surprises would've been non WPL teams beating WPL teams Didn't this happen. North Coast beat Maitland 2-1.

Bull fighter
08-07-2021, 01:41 PM
Didn't this happen. North Coast beat Maitland 2-1.

To be fair North Coast are not a club side.

Bull fighter
14-07-2021, 03:50 PM
New Lambton really spending up big on players. What is it now 4 players with WLeague experience? They don't come cheap and rightly so but seems like a waste of a lot of cash at this point to try and run 7th in the comp.
Hopefully the younger girls are getting some benefit from mixing with them.

CokeNoSugar
14-07-2021, 06:21 PM
Heard some talk at Edgy old boys day that they are planning on making a play at taking Warners Bay WPL so they can meet B League criteria. How long can WB last/compete?

mge61
14-07-2021, 06:23 PM
Heard some talk at Edgy old boys day that they are planning on making a play at taking Warners Bay WPL so they can meet B League criteria. How long can WB last/compete?

Would make sense if they are serious in moving forward.

prawnhead
14-07-2021, 08:13 PM

Not many clubs wanted a bar of this years ago. Inclusion and equality - and rightly so!

SAP SUPER COACH
14-07-2021, 09:57 PM
Not many clubs wanted a bar of this years ago. Inclusion and equality - and rightly so!

Seems strange that a group of blokes get together and spend the day talking about womens football :)

it would appear the Edgy need WB more than the other way round??

SAPDADDY
14-07-2021, 10:37 PM
New Lambton really spending up big on players. What is it now 4 players with WLeague experience? They don't come cheap and rightly so but seems like a waste of a lot of cash at this point to try and run 7th in the comp.

Mate you know lots about NL... new signings playing for next to nothing as the clubs still suffering the affects from the Hamilton hangover.. Since you know so much you’d know both help coach junior teams. So yes, younger girls are relishing from the experience.

Johnno
14-07-2021, 11:05 PM
Seems strange that a group of blokes get together and spend the day talking about womens football :)

Correct plus the $$$ for Northern when clubs merge like has happened with other 3.

CokeNoSugar
15-07-2021, 07:32 AM

I would have thought talk was more about B League criteria than women's football.

Goatscheese
15-07-2021, 08:01 AM

WB can't last long they don't play on a NPL standard ground. Northern is pushing clubs to NPL teams to play on NPL grounds so it can be a WNPL. It's why Merewether, Wallsend, Thornton and South Wallsend have all been moved. Adamstown is right as they are already on an NPL ground. New Lambton trying to keep them by having them play out of Arthur Edden and No2 Sportsground.

Goatscheese
15-07-2021, 08:02 AM

Well now there is all that grant money for women's football over the next 5 years

SAPDADDY
15-07-2021, 08:15 AM
I would have thought talk was more about B League criteria than women's football.

Or the talk of the football club taking over the athletics field once athletics merges with the Glendale club.

Need teams to justify more grounds so that’s where WPL comes in....

SAP SUPER COACH
15-07-2021, 08:47 AM

oh ok then glad it was such a great day! doesn't sound like you were even there but just like passing on second hand info about one club "making a play at taking over another" on a public forum:thumbsup:

Bull fighter
15-07-2021, 11:31 AM
Mate you know lots about NL... new signings playing for next to nothing as the clubs still suffering the affects from the Hamilton hangover.. Since you know so much you’d know both help coach junior teams. So yes, younger girls are relishing from the experience.

Only what I read in the media & NL Facebook page and of course the NL people on these pages like "onyanose". So you are telling me that players are playing for "next to nothing" and Jenna Kingsley plus Sophie Nenadović are signing up for a team that hasn't won a game all season and cannot make the semi's, wow that is extraordinary.

late_to_the_game
15-07-2021, 12:18 PM
Correct plus the $$$ for Northern when clubs merge like has happened with other 3.

$$$ For Northern???? I must be missing something here?

late_to_the_game
15-07-2021, 12:26 PM
WNPL will go ahead next year, the application process has been scrapped. All existing clubs will transition to WNPL as they all meet the requirements. No new clubs will be added.

The main challenge for clubs going forward is the coach accreditaion requirements, which to be fair has been a challenge for a while.

Goatscheese
15-07-2021, 10:28 PM
WNPL will go ahead next year, the application process has been scrapped. All existing clubs will transition to WNPL as they all meet the requirements. No new clubs will be added.

Why are the requirements lower than NPL?

Johnno
15-07-2021, 10:49 PM
$$$ For Northern???? I must be missing something here?

You better talk to Charlestown they took over your licence and would have been rewarded by Northern for doing so.

Johnno
15-07-2021, 10:50 PM
Why are the requirements lower than NPL?
Want the same but don’t want to do or have the same requirements.

Goatscheese
16-07-2021, 01:10 PM
Want the same but don’t want to do or have the same requirements.

Not sure what you're saying here but the requirements are the same which means Warners Bay don't meet all of them or they are lower and so not the same

jessepinkman
16-07-2021, 04:23 PM
Only what I read in the media & NL Facebook page and of course the NL people on these pages like "onyanose". So you are telling me that players are playing for "next to nothing" and Jenna Kingsley plus Sophie Nenadović are signing up for a team that hasn't won a game all season and cannot make the semi's, wow that is extraordinary.

ok keelan

Bull fighter
19-07-2021, 12:01 PM
ok keelan

Thanks for the wrap Jess, wish I was that good a coach. Keelan has too much class to be on here replying to the NL committee sooks who just continuously attack him personally on this forum, seriously how many more years are they going carry on with this complete garbage.

FatKeeper
19-07-2021, 12:39 PM

Adriana Jones $250
Brooke Miller $150
Kingsley $150
Nenadovic $0
Per game

Rest of player payed if they win which they haven’t
And Lowe sacked due to player revolt and they were all going to leave if nothing done

Bull fighter
19-07-2021, 02:30 PM
Adriana Jones $250
Brooke Miller $150
Kingsley $150
Nenadovic $0
Per game

Rest of player payed if they win which they haven’t
And Lowe sacked due to player revolt and they were all going to leave if nothing done

Yep a long way from next to nothing

jessepinkman
19-07-2021, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the wrap Jess, wish I was that good a coach. Keelan has too much class to be on here replying to the NL committee sooks who just continuously attack him personally on this forum, seriously how many more years are they going carry on with this complete garbage.

$ure thing.

FatKeeper
19-07-2021, 05:03 PM
Yep a long way from next to nothing

It’s nothing compared to some of the big paying clubs
Magic spend more money hiring out speers point for the season then NL whole player Budget
Magic at around 80k for player payments
Olympic not to far off that either would love to see what teams actually do pay

SilentBob
20-07-2021, 07:30 AM
I can’t be the only one who commends WPL clubs for paying players, can I? NPL and NL1 clubs have been paying players for many years and don’t have any shame around it, yet in the WPL it seems like something everyone tries to hide.
Good on any club who pays their female players, even if it is but a fraction of what they pay their men. Not sure why New Lambton want to shy away from such a good news story, especially when they should be commended for being one of if not the first local club for paying players who didn’t come from W-league or higher.

Look at the level of player and experience in Broadmeadows 1st grade side. They SHOULD be paid.

This should be something all clubs proudly boast as often as they can.

FatKeeper
20-07-2021, 09:01 AM
I can’t be the only one who commends WPL clubs for paying players, can I? NPL and NL1 clubs have been paying players for many years and don’t have any shame around it, yet in the WPL it seems like something everyone tries to hide.
Good on any club who pays their female players, even if it is but a fraction of what they pay their men. Not sure why New Lambton want to shy away from such a good news story, especially when they should be commended for being one of if not the first local club for paying players who didn’t come from W-league or higher.

Look at the level of player and experience in Broadmeadows 1st grade side. They SHOULD be paid.

This should be something all clubs proudly boast as often as they can.

It’s great for football but I can see why some clubs don’t pay either and you can see which clubs pay the most because they are stacked but it’s great that they pay the players would be good to see people have to pay to get into games so the clubs can still keep such good women’s programs what some clubs are doing is really good the WPL will only get stronger and Stronger it’s only a shame that the Jets girls that are based in Newcastle travel to Sydney they should all be playing local and helping grow the talent around this area

Bull fighter
20-07-2021, 10:18 AM
Maybe this has something to do with it.

In accordance with the FIFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players (RSTP) and the FFA
National Registration Regulations (NRRs), any player who has a written agreement with a club and
is paid more than the expenses they incur in playing for the club must be registered as a professional
and not an amateur. If an amateur is paid or reimbursed more than $110 per week, the onus is on
the club to satisfy the competition administrator that the amount accurately reflects the expenses
incurred by the player (see article 3.1(c) of the NRRs).
Other than for National Leagues Competitions (A-League, W-League and Y-League), the contract
between the club and the professional player must be in the form of FFA prescribed form NRR05
(see article 6.1 of the NRRs) and lodged with the relevant competition administrator during a
registration period (see article 4.4).
It is the club’s responsibility to ensure that a player’s status as a professional is accurately recorded
on the Play Football registration system at all times (see article 3.1(d) of the NRRs)

THEBIGCHEESE
20-07-2021, 01:53 PM
Pay the players.

Clubs have money and the ladies bring in additional income through sponsees, junior registration etc.

If a player is worthy of getting paid because they add value, what’s the problem.

Stanley
25-07-2021, 06:19 AM
Pay the players.

Clubs have money and the ladies bring in additional income through sponsees, junior registration etc.

If a player is worthy of getting paid because they add value, what’s the problem.

Watched the top of the table WPL clash Magic v Olympic on Friday night and while I don’t know if Olympic had players unavailable they were second rate compared to Magic. What ever Magic are paying the girls, on the night they deserved every cent, very entertaining game of football

Cabaye#4
25-07-2021, 09:29 AM
Sounds like new lambton listened to the forum and decided to cut their highest paid player.

FatKeeper
25-07-2021, 12:03 PM
Sounds like new lambton listened to the forum and decided to cut their highest paid player.

That club is embarrassing sacked a coach after 1 game and then coming last get rid of the best player I don’t see them ever getting promoted with the people in charge to many business people and not enough football brains

Hotline
25-07-2021, 07:18 PM
That club is embarrassing sacked a coach after 1 game and then coming last get rid of the best player I don’t see them ever getting promoted with the people in charge to many business people and not enough football brains

There is a few holes in this post to say the least. A few pages back in the forum a reputable member indicated the coach stepped down by mutual decision. Also a best player call would suggest a few goals to back it up. I don't know the count, but it's not many. In the games I've watched, there has been little involvement from this best player. Also, are you referring to promotion for the mens team? If so, wrong page mate.

While the team is having a pretty poor year, posts like this are not constructive at all. We should be talking about the quality of Broadmeadows result rather than bagging other teams.

Stanley
25-07-2021, 07:38 PM
There is a few holes in this post to say the least. A few pages back in the forum a reputable member indicated the coach stepped down by mutual decision. Also a best player call would suggest a few goals to back it up. I don't know the count, but it's not many. In the games I've watched, there has been little involvement from this best player. Also, are you referring to promotion for the mens team? If so, wrong page mate.

While the team is having a pretty poor year, posts like this are not constructive at all. We should be talking about the quality of Broadmeadows result rather than bagging other teams.

Couldn’t agree more, Magic were outstanding on Friday night.

FatKeeper
25-07-2021, 08:09 PM

I totally agree you can see the teams that do the women’s program correctly and it’s magic and Olympic at the moment and then miles to the other teams

SAPDADDY
26-07-2021, 10:17 AM
I totally agree you can see the teams that do the women’s program correctly and it’s magic and Olympic at the moment and then miles to the other teams

What is correctly? Spending 80k on player payments as you said? Are we only judging clubs of first grade results?

Unfortunately not enough talent or equal money pools for clubs to keep up or even be competitive.
How could a local club afford 80K to get a team full of stars like Magic has?

Northern needs to be accountable for the huge gap in club budgets in a league they dream to soon be classified as NPL.

Would a player point system help? I believe so
Would one less team at the least help? I believe so

This is a debate that needs to be had.

ElJefe
26-07-2021, 12:33 PM
Magic's budget is 40k.

Bull fighter
26-07-2021, 02:47 PM
Magic's budget is 40k.

That sounds about right.
I know that last year the registration fees were close to the 2K mark for magic, so there is probably around $600 fat in that fee and with 4 teams below first grade, 60 players x $600 = $36,000 so pretty easy to see how it is mostly funded.
Good on them if they can sell the dream to the parents of the younger girls and I think its fantastic that the girls are finally being remunerated for their efforts.

As far as New Lambton goes, it was great to see them secure their first win of the season against Charlestown midweek, all the players and coaches are doing their best and that's all you can ask.

Johnno
26-07-2021, 10:13 PM
What is correctly? Spending 80k on player payments as you said? Are we only judging clubs of first grade results?

Unfortunately not enough talent or equal money pools for clubs to keep up or even be competitive.
How could a local club afford 80K to get a team full of stars like Magic has?

Northern needs to be accountable for the huge gap in club budgets in a league they dream to soon be classified as NPL.

Would a player point system help? I believe so
Would one less team at the least help? I believe so

This is a debate that needs to be had.

Budgets can’t be controlled by Northern as no players in any of the leagues are professionally contracted. Like it’s been for years the rich clubs and this changes just look at the history of this competition will attract the players the others will struggle.

Charman
01-08-2021, 06:57 PM
Congratulations Imanee Burke on scoring her first 1st grade goal for Adamstown today. Only young, hopefully first of many.

sideline88
02-08-2021, 07:58 AM
Getting to the pointy end of the season now with the battle for 3rd and 4th down to the wire.

Whats everyone's predictions to round out the top 4? Does Maitland get a much needed win against Warners Bay this weekend? will Adamstown get themselves another much needed 3 points over Azzuri?

Game Leader
02-08-2021, 09:33 AM
Buds have the tougher run home, only playing one team outside the top 4 in their remaining 5 fixtures.
Maitland only have two games against top 4 opposition in their last 5.
Buds will need some upsets to progress I think.

Bull fighter
02-08-2021, 11:10 AM
Remaining Games;
Adamstown play Magic, WB, Charlestown & Olympic Twice
Warners Bay play Maitland, Charlestown, Adamstown & Magic Twice
Maitland play WB, Olympic, New Lambton & Middies Twice

Pencil in Sunday 29th August, WB v Adamstown at John Street Oval

onlooker
10-08-2021, 10:01 AM
Rumours on the NPL page have Keelan Hamilton taking the job at Lakes next year.

If true what’s the shortlist look like for the Maitland job?

ElJefe
21-08-2021, 05:08 PM
Will depend on what Maitland are willing to offer.

FatKeeper
21-08-2021, 08:40 PM
Will depend on what Maitland are willing to offer.

They should go after Cas Wright after NL somehow let her go she would be a massive signing for any Women’s programs to build upon what Keelan has already done

sapdad
21-08-2021, 10:06 PM
They should go after Cas Wright after NL somehow let her go she would be a massive signing for any Women’s programs to build upon what Keelan has already done

Has she left?That is a bit of a shock.

Game Leader
24-08-2021, 04:30 PM
What’s the go there ? I know results haven’t been great over all grades but it takes time to rebuild doesn’t it ?

YewYew
24-08-2021, 10:12 PM
Has she left?That is a bit of a shock.

Was told about issue with other big coach at the club
Never said she wood leave but big diff on approach

Goatscheese
30-08-2021, 02:17 PM
Northern to now use the WNPL name from next year, good for the comp though it seems the need for certain criteria didn't need to be met after all.

dan
30-08-2021, 09:23 PM
Does that qualify the Warners Bay ZPL men’s facility fit for NPL or NL1 criteria if the Womens WPL team gets deemed acceptable?

Johnno
30-08-2021, 10:12 PM
Does that qualify the Warners Bay ZPL men’s facility fit for NPL or NL1 criteria if the Womens WPL team gets deemed acceptable?

Northern make the criteria suit their own agenda it is clearly obvious that a number of clubs did not meet all the criteria yet because they’re desperate for an WNPL they have chosen to ignore that.

onlooker
31-08-2021, 08:23 AM
Would it be all that surprising if Warners Bay had their licence taken over by an NPL club. Wasn’t there talk of Valo and Lakes being interested?

Game Leader
31-08-2021, 09:46 AM
Would it be all that surprising if Warners Bay had their licence taken over by an NPL club. Wasn’t there talk of Valo and Lakes being interested?

Also read on a thread on here that Edgeworth were rumoured to be keen.
How true that is ???

onlooker
31-08-2021, 09:54 AM
Also read on a thread on here that Edgeworth were rumoured to be keen.
How true that is ???

That’s an interesting one, I guess they wouldn’t like to be seen as one of the only top men’s sides to not be running a NPLW program.

Goatscheese
31-08-2021, 10:20 AM

Well that was looking like the case when Northern were moving clubs so they could call the league WNPL, but seems like now Northern have that they aren't going to be pushing clubs to move

Goatscheese
31-08-2021, 10:21 AM
That’s an interesting one, I guess they wouldn’t like to be seen as one of the only top men’s sides to not be running a NPLW program.

Thought it was a requirement of this second professional league which Edgeworth want to be part of

Goatscheese
31-08-2021, 10:21 AM

I'd say Warners Bay would meet NL1 criteria already, you just need the juniors teams

Shere Khan
31-08-2021, 08:08 PM
Warner’s Bay to Edgy is what I’ve heard.

onlooker
16-09-2021, 07:55 AM
Warner’s Bay making some big signings for next year with Cass Davies back, Tara Andrew’s and Lauren Allan joining also.

Goatscheese
17-09-2021, 12:50 AM
Warner’s Bay making some big signings for next year with Cass Davies back, Tara Andrew’s and Lauren Allan joining also.

Lauren Allan will be a big pick.

Does Ash Wilson not care if they don't play in Sydney anymore? She had wanted them to play down there where the competition was tougher.

onlooker
17-09-2021, 09:38 AM
Lauren Allan will be a big pick.

Does Ash Wilson not care if they don't play in Sydney anymore? She had wanted them to play down there where the competition was tougher.

That’s what I thought, didn’t seem to help them last year tho as the Jets still missed the finals. Maybe they just want them playing in an NPLW comp which this will be next year. Will interesting to see if more join, hopefully spread around tho to strengthen the whole comp.

FatKeeper
17-10-2021, 11:27 AM
New Lambton Coachless and Have lost all there players but for maybe 2 or 3 don’t see them doing much again next season
WB the new favourites with all the new signings

YewYew
18-10-2021, 11:17 AM
New Lambton Coachless and Have lost all there players but for maybe 2 or 3 don’t see them doing much again next season
WB the new favourites with all the new signings

Was told club ain’t that interested no more. Wanna plough $$ into men 2make NPL happen in a couple of years. But shhhhsssshh - it a secret.

Barry Dawson
18-10-2021, 01:26 PM
Nothing like a good story to get in the way of the truth and trying to whip up a story against NL – thanks #FatKeeper (who I am thinking now has ties at WB from 2022).

Yes Head Coach has accepted a managerial role on the Central Coast which requires work every second weekend and regular mid-week evening work. Yes we have identified a replacement who will help the club move into the next phase of our future in WNPL. Is it a setback? Yes a little. We had hoped that Maddy was going to be that coach to take us into the future – but sometimes life gets in the way. We have found an equally impressive individual who will help us develop young players and build the foundational cultural elements for success. Like we did with two-time premiership wining League One coach Tom Davies, we are putting our weight and support behind a young coach who wants to make a difference. BTW – Maddy stays in the club as Assistant TD – WPL Youth – she can see what we are trying to build and the depth of our commitment to women’s football.

Like in the League One area, the club will not get caught in a ‘race to the bottom’ of player payments – did that in 2019 WPL, got us a trophy and a few years’ worth of heartache. Charging players circa $2000 registration to help win a comp is not our bag, and it’s just not sustainable. Our focus is on developing young players and putting some really good people (players and coaches) around them to help achieve this. At the end of the day – we live in Newcastle, a regional town with a limited pool of sponsorship dollars to pull from and the desire to keep the cost of football as low as we can. I think clubs lose sight of this sometimes.

As for comments about “…the club ain’t interested no more” you’re obviously not at NLFC. Our commitment has not waivered. We are still relatively young in the WPL space and learning along the way. Sometimes things don’t go as planned. Girls and boys football is different in so many ways.

And for your “wanna plough $$ into men”, well the boys and girls budgets were identical this year (2021). What people “think” our player budgets are is quite different to what they really are. If rumours are true, we paid half what Cookers paid this year and still won the comp in League One.
We will take our position of sustainably funding programs into wherever our future takes us (if that is the NPL so be it) and will not be paying mercenaries exorbitant payments to fly in and out as they please and playing for themselves and the almighty dollar only. Those days are behind us – people play for the Club and the badge. That is what will make us different.

Goatscheese
18-10-2021, 03:00 PM
Charging players circa $2000 registration to help win a comp is not our bag, and it’s just not sustainable.

Interesting you mention this with Warners Bay getting all these new signings, that must be where the $2,000 registration fee for Warner's U9 JDL team is going

FatKeeper
18-10-2021, 03:47 PM
Nothing like a good story to get in the way of the truth and trying to whip up a story against NL – thanks #FatKeeper (who I am thinking now has ties at WB from 2022).

Yes Head Coach has accepted a managerial role on the Central Coast which requires work every second weekend and regular mid-week evening work. Yes we have identified a replacement who will help the club move into the next phase of our future in WNPL. Is it a setback? Yes a little. We had hoped that Maddy was going to be that coach to take us into the future – but sometimes life gets in the way. We have found an equally impressive individual who will help us develop young players and build the foundational cultural elements for success. Like we did with two-time premiership wining League One coach Tom Davies, we are putting our weight and support behind a young coach who wants to make a difference. BTW – Maddy stays in the club as Assistant TD – WPL Youth – she can see what we are trying to build and the depth of our commitment to women’s football.

Like in the League One area, the club will not get caught in a ‘race to the bottom’ of player payments – did that in 2019 WPL, got us a trophy and a few years’ worth of heartache. Charging players circa $2000 registration to help win a comp is not our bag, and it’s just not sustainable. Our focus is on developing young players and putting some really good people (players and coaches) around them to help achieve this. At the end of the day – we live in Newcastle, a regional town with a limited pool of sponsorship dollars to pull from and the desire to keep the cost of football as low as we can. I think clubs lose sight of this sometimes.

As for comments about “…the club ain’t interested no more” you’re obviously not at NLFC. Our commitment has not waivered. We are still relatively young in the WPL space and learning along the way. Sometimes things don’t go as planned. Girls and boys football is different in so many ways.

And for your “wanna plough $$ into men”, well the boys and girls budgets were identical this year (2021). What people “think” our player budgets are is quite different to what they really are. If rumours are true, we paid half what Cookers paid this year and still won the comp in League One.
We will take our position of sustainably funding programs into wherever our future takes us (if that is the NPL so be it) and will not be paying mercenaries exorbitant payments to fly in and out as they please and playing for themselves and the almighty dollar only. Those days are behind us – people play for the Club and the badge. That is what will make us different.

So the Mens Budget has to be 26k because I know that’s what the womens budget was and I honestly do think it’s time to give it up on the WNPL front the womens first grade we’re given little to no gear to use for training and they got the balls from the mens side for training which were torn and ripped up from a years use already
I feel sorry for the poor coach stepping in with a club that’s only interested on a bowling club and a mens team making the NPL

Barry Dawson
18-10-2021, 04:46 PM
#FatKeeper you crack me up - you have about a poof-teenth of on-topic knowledge, and make up the rest as you go - because you have an axe to grind.

As part of the old coaching group at NLFC you would know that decision around balls was made between the two head coaches. Both squads had new balls - but the coach at the time said he wanted to take the seconds - why? You should ask him. Clubs instruction was clear.

Also, either you have no idea as to how a clubs finances work or you skipped a few math classes. The cost of getting a first grade player on the park is made up of two parts - rego and game/win payments.who do you think pays rego champ - the Rego Fairies?

Do the sums, a player budget is made of - 14 players at $1200 ($16,800) plus the cost of win /player payments. And seeing you are so knowledgeable about the workings of our club you will know that is closer to $40,000. Well by my maths anyway - but I am sure you something else to dredge up to counter common sense and the truth.

Barry Dawson
18-10-2021, 05:12 PM
#Red - need to ask Council - the ground we had was pulled because a league club believed they were about go into a major growth period and they were the long standing tenant. This left a bunch of junior teams and the ZL boys either on Alder with WPL and League One. The only alternatives were Taro and Sandgate - which was then taken up by Azzuri. And not sure if any of your clubs would want that traffic on your own grounds.

NL was a big loser in the Council Strategic Sports Plan - with 1500 members, to have ground opportunities taken away was a mystery.

The TAFE ground was all we could find within close proximity - wasnÂ’t our preference - but council provided no real alternative. It was a horrible situation that followed and contributed to juniors reducing by 300 this year as well. Cannot play without available fields.

But hey, sounds like a few of you have a few rocks to throw - you must have ideas on how we can navigate through the issues - all ears if you want to PM me or even take a seat at the table on committee.

Barry Dawson
18-10-2021, 06:09 PM
#Red - need to ask Council - the ground we had was pulled because a league club believed they were about go into a major growth period and they were the long standing tenant. This left a bunch of junior teams and the ZL boys either on Alder with WPL and League One. The only alternatives were Taro and Sandgate - which was then taken up by Azzuri. And not sure if any of your clubs would want that traffic on your own grounds.

NL was a big loser in the Council Strategic Sports Plan - with 1500 members, to have ground opportunities taken away was a mystery.

The TAFE ground was all we could find within close proximity - wasnÂ’t our preference - but council provided no real alternative. It was a horrible situation that followed and contributed to juniors reducing by 300 this year as well. Cannot play without available fields.

But hey, sounds like a few of you have a few rocks to throw - you must have ideas on how we can navigate through the issues - all ears if you want to PM me or even take a seat at the table on committee.

FatKeeper
19-10-2021, 08:30 AM
#FatKeeper you crack me up - you have about a poof-teenth of on-topic knowledge, and make up the rest as you go - because you have an axe to grind.

As part of the old coaching group at NLFC you would know that decision around balls was made between the two head coaches. Both squads had new balls - but the coach at the time said he wanted to take the seconds - why? You should ask him. Clubs instruction was clear.

Also, either you have no idea as to how a clubs finances work or you skipped a few math classes. The cost of getting a first grade player on the park is made up of two parts - rego and game/win payments.who do you think pays rego champ - the Rego Fairies?

Do the sums, a player budget is made of - 14 players at $1200 ($16,800) plus the cost of win /player payments. And seeing you are so knowledgeable about the workings of our club you will know that is closer to $40,000. Well by my maths anyway - but I am sure you something else to dredge up to counter common sense and the truth.

Just a dad who watched his daughter get flogged all year last year and now doesn’t have a club to play for and can’t get team mates because the ones that left are messaging girls not to go there because it’s a “toxic” environment and a bad club to play for
All I’m saying from behind the fence wasn’t looking good at all just feels like a cash grab for the mens side never seen a committee member once at the games but when I went to the boys game full committee hanging out having beers watching the men home and away

Barry Dawson
19-10-2021, 12:49 PM
Yep - the “toxic” you speak of have been asked to leave and are no longer part of our club. Part of the clean out and refocus away from mercenaries.

Again showing little knowledge of the Club and who is on the committee. If you knew this, you would realise who is where on what weekend. A club exists of more than a committee.

Anyhow, enjoy the view ‘from behind the fence’ for a while longer.

Bull fighter
19-10-2021, 01:44 PM
Barry the truth will set you free brother, the lies and propaganda need to cease. FatKeeper is on the money. I spoke directly to someone that was subject to one of your earlier posts on this forum and their side of things really painted the club (Committee) in a very poor light and contrary to your continuing spin.
Time to get your house in order instead of constantly blaming others for the clear shortcomings of New Lambton FC Committee. The constant theme is that its always someone else's fault.
Unfortunately NL seems destined for another very poor season in First Grade and the very real possibility that they will not be part of the competition long term.
If you can't tell the truth you are better off abstaining from this forum as you are not doing yourself any favours.
Best of Luck.

terry
19-10-2021, 03:15 PM
Just a dad who watched his daughter get flogged all year last year and now doesn’t have a club to play for and can’t get team mates because the ones that left are messaging girls not to go there because it’s a “toxic” environment and a bad club to play for
All I’m saying from behind the fence wasn’t looking good at all just feels like a cash grab for the mens side never seen a committee member once at the games but when I went to the boys game full committee hanging out having beers watching the men home and away

joking. The mens game has financially propped up the womens game nation wide. Theyre just lucky to be here.

Better still. completely spilt and build the game on your own, take 50 years to get it together and earn some $$$. that would finally show some integrity

Texas Ranger
19-10-2021, 05:22 PM
joking. The mens game has financially propped up the womens game nation wide. Theyre just lucky to be here.

Better still. completely spilt and build the game on your own, take 50 years to get it together and earn some $$$. that would finally show some integrity
A hard truth, but the PC woke among us will be freaking out.

Johnno
19-10-2021, 10:08 PM
A hard truth, but the PC woke among us will be freaking out.

A toxic culture in women’s football in Newcastle, seriously has been like this from the start of the WPL when a group of women caused no end of mayhem and demands at multiple clubs they shopped around at year on year now some of those clubs are back in the game amazing what incentives from the governing body does. As the say goes Money talks.

KITZ
20-10-2021, 05:35 AM

Wow, A group of men lecturing on women's sport, how original and patriarchal of you.

If men weren't in charge of women's anything for I don't know how long like a millennium before women were actually allowed input into their own lives; maybe it wouldn't have taken needing to rely on "money from men" to be successful in sport.

Women's sport is behind BECAUSE of you, women are spending decades trying to catch up from the position YOUR GENDER put us all in.

I've seen some posts on this forum but this sexist rant has to just about take the cake. If you don't like it stick to your own subject matter - like your mums basement.

KITZ
20-10-2021, 05:44 AM

Just as a side note to this innane comment, how many clubs in NSW / Newcastle do you think are putting their hands up for all that money allocated to women's football grants, now the women's World Cup is here. If you think all those "male" dominated clubs haven't seen that pool of money and have their hands out then you are delusional. Nothing wrong with women's football when there's some money in it for ya, I bet.

Alan
20-10-2021, 10:51 AM
Wow, A group of men lecturing on women's sport, how original and patriarchal of you.

If men weren't in charge of women's anything for I don't know how long like a millennium before women were actually allowed input into their own lives; maybe it wouldn't have taken needing to rely on "money from men" to be successful in sport.

Women's sport is behind BECAUSE of you, women are spending decades trying to catch up from the position YOUR GENDER put us all in.

I've seen some posts on this forum but this sexist rant has to just about take the cake. If you don't like it stick to your own subject matter - like your mums basement.

Love this response KITZ. Every word true, and that "mum's basement" line at the end. BIG LOL!!!

I really hope we can keep this group civil and keep any of the "men's game propping up the women's" rubbish out of here. It has no place at, and if you think it does re-read Kitz's post and consider history.

A

Barry Dawson
20-10-2021, 12:53 PM
Wow is right - this is all very enlightening.

But - did everyone miss WB charging a JDL player $2000?

Regardless of all this sideline drivel - this cannot be left out in the open can it?

late_to_the_game
20-10-2021, 02:50 PM
For me, there is no way to justify that amount. It also will have to be approved by NNSW, will be interesting to see what happens.
NNSW have put a rule in place which restricts what rego fees can cover. For example it cannot include a back pack or other un-necessary clothing, facility upgrade fees etc.The only possible way to justify that amount is if your coaches are really well paid, or you train at speers point all the time...

Game Leader
20-10-2021, 04:41 PM
$2000 to play U9’s at Warners Bay!! Surely that’s not correct ?
Does it increase with age ?

KITZ
20-10-2021, 05:01 PM
For me, there is no way to justify that amount. It also will have to be approved by NNSW, will be interesting to see what happens.
NNSW have put a rule in place which restricts what rego fees can cover. For example it cannot include a back pack or other un-necessary clothing, facility upgrade fees etc.The only possible way to justify that amount is if your coaches are really well paid, or you train at speers point all the time...

Are those rules just for JDL? in NPL the boys have always got a tracksuit for winter and a bag, sometimes a drink bottle. I don't mind paying for it when they train so much it does help a heap to keep things organised.

I've never paid $2k for rego tho - Yet. I actually wouldn't mind if they did it as a break down - here's the minimum you can pay and what you will get (training strip / game strip, training time games etc mandatory) and then let parents tick boxes for whatever else gear they'd like - Even season entry to senior games if its not already a given.

I don't mind paying if I can see the value and that's the part I think clubs need to break down - if they don't explain where the money goes it becomes more questionable. I think lots of people understand clubs are run by volunteers and don't mind paying money to help out - If they can see the value add for it.

namwob99
20-10-2021, 08:34 PM
Are those rules just for JDL? in NPL the boys have always got a tracksuit for winter and a bag, sometimes a drink bottle. I don't mind paying for it when they train so much it does help a heap to keep things organised.

I've never paid $2k for rego tho - Yet. I actually wouldn't mind if they did it as a break down - here's the minimum you can pay and what you will get (training strip / game strip, training time games etc mandatory) and then let parents tick boxes for whatever else gear they'd like - Even season entry to senior games if its not already a given.

I don't mind paying if I can see the value and that's the part I think clubs need to break down - if they don't explain where the money goes it becomes more questionable. I think lots of people understand clubs are run by volunteers and don't mind paying money to help out - If they can see the value add for it.

Every team has ground fencing covered in sponsors logos, and yet still charge juniors 1500-2k to play. What a shambles. Where's all the money going?

Texas Ranger
20-10-2021, 09:00 PM
Just as a side note to this innane comment, how many clubs in NSW / Newcastle do you think are putting their hands up for all that money allocated to women's football grants, now the women's World Cup is here. If you think all those "male" dominated clubs haven't seen that pool of money and have their hands out then you are delusional. Nothing wrong with women's football when there's some money in it for ya, I bet.
Money in it for those clubs because they have spent years establishing the infrastructure and providing/developing grounds so they can accommodate to a standard acceptable for such a tournament. Local women's teams are benefiting from all of this as well, but I'll let you decide if it was primarily from piggybacking off the efforts of men's clubs, or from hard earned efforts on their own to create those infrastructures.
Happy to support women's game, but if demands and expectations aren't being met, nothing to stop them setting up all the administration etc. and going it alone.

late_to_the_game
20-10-2021, 10:12 PM

That is exactly Northern's intent, for all football and it has apparently come from the FFA. In Sydney the rego for one club apparently includes 4 x $500 tickets to the presentation.....

Merewether just got an email listing the U6 rego fees for all the Newcastle clubs and concern from NNSW that they could vary so much. The highest was $270. Merewether was $170.

Goatscheese
20-10-2021, 10:45 PM

That rule and split is for next season it wasn't for 2021

Goatscheese
20-10-2021, 10:46 PM

I think the tick part is a bit silly, but the breakdown is good. Players and parents can see how much is allocated to what. But allowing them to pick and choose what they pay for is a bit rich. A parent refuses to pay for the coaching part or the club polo?

Goatscheese
20-10-2021, 10:51 PM
That is exactly Northern's intent, for all football and it has apparently come from the FFA. In Sydney the rego for one club apparently includes 4 x $500 tickets to the presentation.....

Merewether just got an email listing the U6 rego fees for all the Newcastle clubs and concern from NNSW that they could vary so much. The highest was $270. Merewether was $170.

$270 is a farce, I am guessing either Magic or Adamstown Juniors (who don't want ID teams so charge them through the nose to take them and then charge $30 for the playing shirt)

Bremsstrahlung
20-10-2021, 11:41 PM
I’d hope that talented players will always be accommodated at clubs if they are financially unable to meet the requirements.
If it’s just 1 or 2 clubs charging large fees for little benefit, then people should smell a scam and stay clear. They’ll soon realise. If you need to pay high amounts to get a spot on a program, then you probably are the clientele the club are looking for.

BlackPanther
21-10-2021, 08:52 AM
This forum is worse than a sewing circle.

The first person to mention $2k for rego was old Barry - "Like in the League One area, the club will not get caught in a ‘race to the bottom’ of player payments – did that in 2019 WPL, got us a trophy and a few years’ worth of heartache. Charging players circa $2000 registration to help win a comp is not our bag, and it’s just not sustainable."

Goatcheese - "Interesting you mention this with Warners Bay getting all these new signings, that must be where the $2,000 registration fee for Warner's U9 JDL team is going"

If you know anything about NPLW you would know there are no u9 JDL (girls start at u10s). Last season the u10s JDL rego at WB was $850 so I can't see how rego will be increased by $1200. We have been given every indication that rego will be thereabouts the same for 2022.

Carry On

KITZ
22-10-2021, 06:32 AM
I think the tick part is a bit silly, but the breakdown is good. Players and parents can see how much is allocated to what. But allowing them to pick and choose what they pay for is a bit rich. A parent refuses to pay for the coaching part or the club polo?

You are being a bit pedantic of course there would be the compulsory bits like coaching, ground fees etc. lol. I meant more for - Do you want a wet weather jacket, polo and bag with that burger.. some of it is fluff, and some of it doesn't need to be replaced every season. especially for 10 year olds. they don't need to be changing between 2 different sets of clothing on game day - just come ready to play.

YewYew
22-10-2021, 06:59 AM
You are being a bit pedantic of course there would be the compulsory bits like coaching, ground fees etc. lol. I meant more for - Do you want a wet weather jacket, polo and bag with that burger.. some of it is fluff, and some of it doesn't need to be replaced every season. especially for 10 year olds. they don't need to be changing between 2 different sets of clothing on game day - just come ready to play.

Yeah but that dont get the club and there kit maker there coin. All clubs do deals where the more kit they sell the more money go into club and kit maker pocket. & u wonder why every kid gotta have that bag, skivvy, hat, train shirt, match shirt, different color shorts for match and train etc etc etc etc It a joke. Kids shold be able to train in what they want & have match kit shorts n socks. Thats how it was in my day. & is still in community. But sap all about the $$$ in truth

Goatscheese
22-10-2021, 10:24 AM
This forum is worse than a sewing circle.

The first person to mention $2k for rego was old Barry - "Like in the League One area, the club will not get caught in a ‘race to the bottom’ of player payments – did that in 2019 WPL, got us a trophy and a few years’ worth of heartache. Charging players circa $2000 registration to help win a comp is not our bag, and it’s just not sustainable."

Goatcheese - "Interesting you mention this with Warners Bay getting all these new signings, that must be where the $2,000 registration fee for Warner's U9 JDL team is going"

If you know anything about NPLW you would know there are no u9 JDL (girls start at u10s). Last season the u10s JDL rego at WB was $850 so I can't see how rego will be increased by $1200. We have been given every indication that rego will be thereabouts the same for 2022.

Carry On

I guess her parents were lying then, but there is no incentive for them to lie about the rego. (And she must've been in U10 but she certainly only turned 9 this year)

Goatscheese
22-10-2021, 10:24 AM
Thats how it was in my day. & is still in community.

And look how you turned out, no thank you.

YewYew
22-10-2021, 01:30 PM
And look how you turned out, no thank you.

Sell a bit of merch do u boy? bet u feel real good abt ripping off parents who already ripped off to play u9 soccer. Dog move.

KITZ
22-10-2021, 03:03 PM
I guess her parents were lying then, but there is no incentive for them to lie about the rego. (And she must've been in U10 but she certainly only turned 9 this year)

Yeah it’s a bit different with the girls. Some clubs could only fill 11/12s so there were a few 10s playing 11s like my daughter, so I assume clubs that also had 10s had 9s playing up. Very different world to boys SAP.

onlooker
07-11-2021, 01:11 PM
Spots available for Maitland NPLW U/13’s

Due to some player movements within the club some spots have opened up for the right girl, turning 12 or 13 in 2022. Training starts on Monday 8th of November. For more information please contact me on 0421 646 037 cheers Cal

KITZ
19-11-2021, 01:15 PM
Bump. In case anyone ever wants to find this thread again.

Captain_Carl
20-11-2021, 08:41 AM
Bump. In case anyone ever wants to find this thread again.

Thanks for that.