PDA

View Full Version : 2021 All Age/Over 35s/pub league thread

boz-monaut
01-01-2021, 10:03 AM
discussion here

Jardelsimage
04-01-2021, 02:34 PM
Cardiff City FC are looking for All Age teams to join our club.
Not to concerned if its Friday or Saturday teams.
PM me for any info required.

cheers

Shots
06-01-2021, 04:00 PM
Hey, we are looking at starting a Friday night team in the Maitland area. Will be a low grade and a new team if anyone is interested.

Aegon
06-01-2021, 05:58 PM
Hey, we are looking at starting a Friday night team in the Maitland area. Will be a low grade and a new team if anyone is interested.

Contact Thornton Jrs, great club, committee and culture there. You could probably join an existing team or get support raising a new one.

Shots
07-01-2021, 01:03 AM
Thanks man, we are very close to a side just looking for one or two more.

Alton
07-01-2021, 03:14 PM
Cardiff City FC are looking for All Age teams to join our club.
Not to concerned if its Friday or Saturday teams.
PM me for any info required.

cheers
Bit hard on the cricket pitch for me

Jardelsimage
07-01-2021, 03:19 PM
Bit hard on the cricket pitch for me

what nothing better than going sideways on the pitch, hard you should have run on it 10 years ago, now that was hard.

Cunning stunts
18-01-2021, 08:44 AM
Looking for a Goal Keeper interested in playing a Friday night all age comp

can guarantee quality banter and lots of social events

PM if interested

Shots
22-01-2021, 12:38 PM
We are looking for a few more players to play in a friday night all age team. It will be based out of Maitland and it will be in the lowest grade. If your keen send us a message.

Yato
24-02-2021, 07:18 PM
Any Over 35 players still looking for a run this season? Will be playing in the Saturday comp. PM me for details.

boz-monaut
24-02-2021, 09:06 PM
Cooks Hill mens AA and 35s are full and have been for weeks

any clubs looking for players so I can send the rock ups your way?

Jardelsimage
25-02-2021, 06:15 AM
Cardiff City FC are looking for players for our AA Fri night team. PM me for any details.
Still also looking for a couple more players in ZL3 side.

cheers

boz-monaut
25-02-2021, 10:43 AM
what grade is this Cardif Friday team?

Jardelsimage
25-02-2021, 01:15 PM
what grade is this Cardif Friday team?

one will be around D, the other one is a cardiff jnrs team that is coming over CCFC, not sure what they played last year in.
I will be speaking there organizer tonight about grades etc.

Cunning stunts
02-03-2021, 11:25 AM
Looking for some trail games for a our Friday night all age side PM for details,
can host a couple and need some to host pending on dates.
Friday night preferably

Yato
02-03-2021, 06:34 PM
Over 35 players wanted for Kahibah’s Saturday team. PM for details.

anfield
09-03-2021, 09:23 AM
Cardiff City FC zone league 3 are chasing a second goalkeeper plus a few field players. Contact Kieran on 0418453655 if interested

Bleachers
10-03-2021, 11:33 AM
ZPL Reserve Grade side looking for a trial this weekend. If any teams are keen, please PM.

Jnr Animal
14-03-2021, 02:05 PM
Hi mate, are you still looking for an all age Friday night team for a trial game?

noremac
14-03-2021, 04:59 PM
All age friday night team playing out of Mayfield looking for players - real casual pub team

Shots
14-03-2021, 10:53 PM
We have a team that is ready for a trial game. We are a new low grade friday night team.

noremac
15-03-2021, 10:47 PM
Rod - juniors. Send us a pm and ill let you know

Shots
16-03-2021, 07:18 AM
Do you want a trial game this Friday night?

Cunning stunts
16-03-2021, 08:47 AM
Do you want a trial game this Friday night?

Can you host?

i might be able to get a team together to play?

Shots
16-03-2021, 05:56 PM
Yes mate, what club are you?

Giges
22-03-2021, 09:46 AM
Can someone please post the spreadsheet with the team gradings? I believe they have been done?

Cunning stunts
26-03-2021, 11:42 AM
Trail game wanted
Anyone to host
We can host on below dates

2/4 We can host/ can travel
9/4 We can host can travel
16/4 You host

We looking for anyone NOT in a high grade- E or below

message me or text 0448 233 353

Bleachers
29-03-2021, 01:48 PM
O35 Team looking for some trials in the lead-up to the season.

Against AA or O35s. We can host but prefer to travel.

Please PM. Thanks

Bleachers
29-03-2021, 02:11 PM
O35 Team looking for some trials in the lead-up to the season.

Against AA or O35s. We can host but prefer to travel.

Please PM. Thanks

Cunning stunts
04-04-2021, 11:28 AM
ALL AGE side looking for a trail game this Friday night
630 or 7 kick off
Have a ground. No higher then E grade

Jardelsimage
05-04-2021, 12:18 PM
ALL AGE side looking for a trail game this Friday night
630 or 7 kick off
Have a ground. No higher then E grade

Have a AAF-J side looking for a kick on Friday, PM me if interested

j_tez
09-04-2021, 12:42 PM
Hi all, we (Uni FC) have our grounds booked for a trial game at 2pm tomorrow (Saturday 10th), but our opponents can no longer make it. If anyone is interested in a game against an All Age B grade team give me a call on 0401596173
-Josh

Premy
12-04-2021, 07:16 PM
Any Goal Keepers out there looking for a team this season?
Got a Friday Night All Age team at Garden Suburb looking for a GK.
PM me for details.

evolution
13-04-2021, 10:15 PM
Draws are online on both the SportsTG page and the Game Day app.

Aegon
13-04-2021, 10:30 PM
Very conflicted with our O35 draw.

On one hand we have somehow moved from E to C grade after coming 4th last year.

On the flip side the geographic spread of clubs is outstanding. Not many long road trips this year which is brilliant.

BP Super Dynamos
13-04-2021, 11:10 PM
Funny you say that Aegon, Charlestown won E and went to D 🤔

Aegon
13-04-2021, 11:33 PM
Funny you say that Aegon, Charlestown won E and went to D ��

All 3 clubs that finished higher than us ended in lower grades. I think one ended up in H? Charlestown vs us was 2 good games that they managed to slog out and pip us both times. Them or Maitland would have both been deserved winners.

We basically have the same team as last year as well so it’s not like we recruited any superstars?

Goatscheese
14-04-2021, 02:01 PM
All 3 clubs that finished higher than us ended in lower grades. I think one ended up in H? Charlestown vs us was 2 good games that they managed to slog out and pip us both times. Them or Maitland would have both been deserved winners.

We basically have the same team as last year as well so it’s not like we recruited any superstars?

All depends on what your club and other clubs said when submitting the teams. Clubs get to nominate which grade they want to put in and can add notes about why they should be in that grade, pushed up or dropped down.

j_tez
14-04-2021, 02:07 PM
Anyone want a trial game 8pm this Friday (we'll host)? The team is G grade so looking for someone D grade or lower preferably, but beggars can't be choosers.

EDIT: All sorted now, thank you

Goatscheese
26-04-2021, 12:42 PM
How did everyone go in Round 1?

Charman
26-04-2021, 04:03 PM
How did everyone go in Round 1?

Got smacked 9-0 to Kotara (O'35 C, Fri nights). They were quite simply too good. Lugar park lighting is pretty good. The pitch is terrible. Be very cautious on the cricket pitch.
One of us is in the wrong grade, that's all I'll say about grades.

boz-monaut
26-04-2021, 04:18 PM
Over 35 C is going to be at least two completely separate competitions by the sounds of it

Aegon
26-04-2021, 05:25 PM
I'm at Valo O35 in C grade as well.

Ref forgot to show up so one of our lads had to ref, he ended up having to give a red to one of our own lads for a blatant last man foul.

2-1 win against Swansea to start the season isn't bad considering we moved up from E grade.

Croudace Bay 2 pitch is not looking great for the start of the season, some erratic bounces based on the surface.

Great to be back on the field though.

j_tez
26-04-2021, 06:18 PM
4-0 and 4-1 losses for our All Age A and B sides at uni. Competition looks like it's going to be tougher this year than the last couple of years (although it has felt a little bit weak in those top grades in recent years).

We hosted 5 home games on Saturday, 2 games on one field and 3 on the other. Got 1 ref and 1 in-training linesman scheduled for the field with 2 games, and nothing for the field with 3 games (which included A and B grade). I feel sorry for the guys in charge of the refs association because they've been dealing with dwindling numbers for years now. Unfortunately it seems like it might be yet another year of club refs every second week

Bremsstrahlung
26-04-2021, 08:35 PM
4-0 and 4-1 losses for our All Age A and B sides at uni. Competition looks like it's going to be tougher this year than the last couple of years (although it has felt a little bit weak in those top grades in recent years).

We hosted 5 home games on Saturday, 2 games on one field and 3 on the other. Got 1 ref and 1 in-training linesman scheduled for the field with 2 games, and nothing for the field with 3 games (which included A and B grade). I feel sorry for the guys in charge of the refs association because they've been dealing with dwindling numbers for years now. Unfortunately it seems like it might be yet another year of club refs every second week

Feel like some people expect there to be a plentiful supply of referees. Which there would be in the ideal world. But there’s not. Not many people look at a referee, reffing a game and say, bloody hell, I’d love to do that.
Most people that ref, ref for community based reasons. A very very very small percentage would do it to progress through ranks or for monetary reasons but not the guys reffing all age and 035s.
Some people forget that they have lives too and many are giving up things to referee.
Imo, refereeing is a great part time gig for young players that don’t wanna go work at maccas etc. most associations are pretty accommodating in catering to your games.
Remember refereeing a few games in the the morning, playing, and running a line for the big boys.

I know a few clubs or associations? Were doing some kind of referees course for people within their club.
Imo, should almost be compulsory that either a coach or manager does a condensed refereeing course as a condition of registering a team.

Bremsstrahlung
26-04-2021, 08:56 PM
Slightly off topic but...
Football Queensland increased their referee numbers by 20%.
- Beginner pack - free uniform, whistle, flag etc.
- Teal shirt - first year referees wear teal shirts
- Pink armband - all referees under 18 years of age wear a pink armband to remind players, spectators and coaches that they are a minor.

Now, i know we all know or have played with or against a few people that give referees hell, or spectators etc. Do you think the Teal shirt or pink armband would help?

Aegon
26-04-2021, 09:23 PM
- Pink armband - all referees under 18 years of age wear a pink armband to remind players, spectators and coaches that they are a minor.

Now, i know we all know or have played with or against a few people that give referees hell, or spectators etc. Do you think the Teal shirt or pink armband would help?

Can’t hurt.

Thomas477
26-04-2021, 10:29 PM

I’ve been reffing for 7 years now, in both junior associations and state league, done a range of grades and be lucky enough to do some high grade games too.

There’s been a program in juniors for ages for first year refs to wear hivis bibs saying in training on them. Don’t know if it’s still going.

Recently, Northern offer your course, rego for the first year, whistle, flag, book, shorts and socks I think for $140. That’s quite good value.

But the biggest problem, and I’m sure it’ll come as a shock to everyone, is players, spectators and coaches. Players don’t know the rules, coaches don’t know the rules, and spectators sure as **** don’t. Yeah, we miss things, it happens, we’re human, get over it. But we can only go off what we see.

Another thing to keep in mind is that referees generally don’t do one game. Typically, your junior refs will ref before and after they play, sometimes doing up to 3 games, plus playing their own. Senior comp refs, say for NL1, the 3 refs on first grade which kicks off at 2:30 have typically been there since 10am, and the 18s ref (AR2 on first grade), will probably have run 11-12km before first grade kicks off! So by the time first grade is finished, you’re looking at having done 17-18km over 3 games. It takes a lot out of you.

My solution? Every team needs to have 1 qualified referee who is registered to officiate. Oh, and for duty officers to do their job and tell everyone to stfu, coaches to stfu, and players to stfu.

Disinterested Bystander
27-04-2021, 08:01 AM
Got smacked 9-0 to Kotara (O'35 C, Fri nights). They were quite simply too good. Lugar park lighting is pretty good. The pitch is terrible. Be very cautious on the cricket pitch.

Playing at Lugar is certainly not our (KS) preference - abysmal cricket square, only a single change room - but we’re stuck with it for (at least) the first 4 weeks after council ****ed up the returfing of Nesbitt Park. 🤬

Grading is always a bit of a lottery, we won D grade last year but it wasn’t like we walked the league - beat Seaham in a last round top of the table clash to pass them but got towelled up a couple of times during the season. I thought we’d struggle a bit in C grade, as we’d moved up from F to D last year due to covid dropouts, lost our top 2 scorers from last year and hadn’t had a trial game. Things seemed to click for us though.

boz-monaut
27-04-2021, 08:44 AM
looks like o35C is the competition of choice this season

all i can say so far is watch out for Kurri's number 20, apalling haircut, quick turn of pace and very good shot)

Charman
27-04-2021, 01:06 PM
I take it CH played Kurri rd 1 and were defeated? What was score?
Dudley play CH this Friday and if it is the team from 2 years back they were pretty decent.

Scratch that question, found results and in good news it was only a 8-0 defeat!.
Tronno 7 - stcoko 0
Kurri 6 - Cookers 2
Valo 2 - swans 1.
3 pretty big wins, 1 tight match.

Goatscheese
27-04-2021, 02:02 PM

They were pushed up one grade from last year maybe it should've been two.

But as someone on your team told me yesterday, that one player that is the only reason Kotara goes well is too old to play in the comps he used to play in and is playing with some mates. Where else is he going to go

Goatscheese
27-04-2021, 02:03 PM
Imo, refereeing is a great part time gig for young players that don’t wanna go work at maccas etc. most associations are pretty accommodating in catering to your games.
Remember refereeing a few games in the the morning, playing, and running a line for the big boys.

You get some 16 and 17yos not wanting to do AA and O35 cause you get old fat ****s hurling abuse at them all game

2ndclasscitizen
27-04-2021, 03:50 PM
Got absolutely flogged. Spent a lot of time in their box with only one to show, and they scored every chance they had (including a very embarrassing own goal). Me being a shithouse keeper doesn't help.

Had the ref in our Sat AA game stop the game to give the opposition bench a spray for giving the very, very young solo linesman grief. The coloured shirt/armbands is a good idea but definitely needs to be backed up with support from experienced refs who are happy to give an earful to abusive players/coaches/supporters/etc.

Bremsstrahlung
27-04-2021, 06:33 PM
You get some 16 and 17yos not wanting to do AA and O35 cause you get old fat ****s hurling abuse at them all game

Preaching.
Kids only try their best. All refs only try their best. Like players, like keepers, like strikers. Nobody wants to miss a goal, or let in an easy goal, or make a bad decision. Bu things happen...

Frustration is understandable during a game. It is somewhat a good skill to have as a referee to be able calm things down. That being said, nobody needs to be verbally abused, it isn't acceptable anywhere else, so it shouldn't be acceptable on the field. I can understand an outburst or questioning a referee. But if you cant hear an explanation, accept that maybe it was a wrong decision and move on with your AA N grade game, and get to the beers.

Interestingly, watched a few NRL games lately (thanks housemate), and theres some terrible terrible decisions, and players just ask a sarcastic question and walk away.....Cricketers get shit decisions, and get fines for shaking their heads at umpires.... But here our sport is, giving shit to 16 year olds for giving a throw in the wrong way.

ExWhistleMan
27-04-2021, 07:33 PM
Preaching.
Kids only try their best. All refs only try their best. Like players, like keepers, like strikers. Nobody wants to miss a goal, or let in an easy goal, or make a bad decision. Bu things happen...

Frustration is understandable during a game. It is somewhat a good skill to have as a referee to be able calm things down. That being said, nobody needs to be verbally abused, it isn't acceptable anywhere else, so it shouldn't be acceptable on the field. I can understand an outburst or questioning a referee. But if you cant hear an explanation, accept that maybe it was a wrong decision and move on with your AA N grade game, and get to the beers.

Interestingly, watched a few NRL games lately (thanks housemate), and theres some terrible terrible decisions, and players just ask a sarcastic question and walk away.....Cricketers get shit decisions, and get fines for shaking their heads at umpires.... But here our sport is, giving shit to 16 year olds for giving a throw in the wrong way.

Football has a cultural problem when it comes too treatment of referees, Australia has a culture of dislike of authority. The problem is only going to get worse until there is a shift in the culture. I am not holding my breath for this. For some reason people feel they have the right to to speak to/treat referees in a manner they'd dare not replicate anywhere else (well most people anyway, there is always the odd person who is a ****wit in every facet of their life, but everyone knows players/coaches/spectators that are genuinely decent, levelheaded people until football is involved). The way people get hung up on refereeing decisions is perplexing. I understand the passion and desire to win, its what makes football the best sport imo. However, 10 people can all view an incident and have 10 different opinions on what happened. You can have a roomful of referees all watch the same incident and not agree on the outcome, people need to learn to just accept decisions and move on.

riverboy
28-04-2021, 10:13 AM
At the end of the day they could have been in B grade, but really it's only one grade so maybe you guys need to just step up. Everyone gets fixated on the grades, but teams can't expect to win every game year on year.

BS detecor
28-04-2021, 11:26 PM
At the end of the day they could have been in B grade, but really it's only one grade so maybe you guys need to just step up. Everyone gets fixated on the grades, but teams can't expect to win every game year on year.

A lot of burglars out there though

riverboy
29-04-2021, 12:06 AM
A lot of burglars out there though

I understand that, but it's over 35 football. Outside of A and B grade It should be basically social football, shouldn't it? If there are guys that are still competitive up until their early 40's then maybe they should play lower grade zone league.

It cracks me up that people get over competitive about mid range over 35 football???

BS detecor
29-04-2021, 12:34 AM
I understand that, but it's over 35 football. Outside of A and B grade It should be basically social football, shouldn't it? If there are guys that are still competitive up until their early 40's then maybe they should play lower grade zone league.

It cracks me up that people get over competitive about mid range over 35 football???

Do you know there were only 6 teams that nominated for c grade or above

riverboy
29-04-2021, 06:38 AM
Do you know there were only 6 teams that nominated for c grade or above

Rumour or fact?
I guess the association needs to basically run of previous performances. At the end of the day they can't waste too much time on over 35 gradings, get on with the football. There has only been one round

BS detecor
29-04-2021, 09:05 AM
Rumour or fact?
I guess the association needs to basically run of previous performances. At the end of the day they can't waste too much time on over 35 gradings, get on with the football. There has only been one round

Yeah that’s right and there’s always going to be teams that are there for a social kick and a beer and teams that just want that shiny plastic medal with a pretty ribbon on it.

redwah
29-04-2021, 10:57 AM

Mate it’s over 35 football no matter the grade, it should all be social. If you are in a grade and to a lesser extent b grade there’s a fare chance it isn’t your first season of football. Grown men playing a game should be able to police themselves. I’m sorry but if you are playing o35s and treat it like a trial season for the olyRoos squad I’m sorry but I’ve got some bad news for you.

Any bloke that goes out there and acts like a dick should be told by his teammates to pull his head in

Cunning stunts
29-04-2021, 12:21 PM
End of the day we are all playing to win when out there. Yes the different levels of football means different styles of competitiveness. So to say were out there not to be competitive i believe isn't the right words. As thats why we play sport (or we should just skip the sport and go to the beers)

But i do agree it is social so we can still be competitive and not carry on like a knob head while playing.

redwah
29-04-2021, 12:33 PM
End of the day we are all playing to win when out there. Yes the different levels of football means different styles of competitiveness. So to say were out there not to be competitive i believe isn't the right words. As thats why we play sport (or we should just skip the sport and go to the beers)

But i do agree it is social so we can still be competitive and not carry on like a knob head while playing.

No one goes out to lose but to be honest if it means it ruins your weekend or you go home and kick the dog you probably have bigger issues. Playing a game I would say we all still love (why else would we put ourselves through it, I’m 48 and still hurting from last sat) and kicking blokes and making dangerous tackles and just plain carrying on like a ****wit are completely different things.

Cunning stunts
29-04-2021, 02:52 PM
No one goes out to lose but to be honest if it means it ruins your weekend or you go home and kick the dog you probably have bigger issues. Playing a game I would say we all still love (why else would we put ourselves through it, I’m 48 and still hurting from last sat) and kicking blokes and making dangerous tackles and just plain carrying on like a ****wit are completely different things.

Completely agree, i spend half the time out the laughing at my own team and myself, but i am out there to win.

as soon as that full time whistle is done its over and i can't wait to crack the beer :D

boz-monaut
29-04-2021, 05:00 PM
here's hoping there's not too many dickheads in over 35 C grade this season

one or two rash challenges from one bloke for Kurri - told to pull his head in by both sides

Aegon
29-04-2021, 08:08 PM
here's hoping there's not too many dickheads in over 35 C grade this season

one or two rash challenges from one bloke for Kurri - told to pull his head in by both sides

Ditto.

Off to Kurri tomorrow night at 8pm. Hopefully no rash challenges from either team.

boz-monaut
29-04-2021, 09:52 PM
good luck - they're a solid team with a gun up front (who incidentally has his own party at the back)

actually it's more a mo-hawk than mullet - either way it's a godawful haircut

j_tez
30-04-2021, 12:36 PM
Anyone know what colour kit Simba wear? We're playing them at their ground tomorrow and I'm wary of a kit clash tomorrow. I know it's their responsibility to change in the event of a kit clash but if they play in white I might just bring the away kit with me anyway to make things easy

D_Brony
30-04-2021, 08:42 PM
Anyone know what colour kit Simba wear? We're playing them at their ground tomorrow and I'm wary of a kit clash tomorrow. I know it's their responsibility to change in the event of a kit clash but if they play in white I might just bring the away kit with me anyway to make things easy
Hey, can you please let Michael King know that I said happy birthday. Ps. Simba wear white

boz-monaut
30-04-2021, 10:05 PM
bottom of the table clash in o35C tonight

Dudley 1 Cooks Hill 2

Aegon
30-04-2021, 11:53 PM
0-3 down against Kurri.
They came out real hard and fast from the start.
Some quality up front that made life very interesting for our backs all game.

Bleachers
01-05-2021, 11:22 AM
Played at Mayfield Park last night, and honestly had the best referee in the history of me playing football here locally. It was A Grade and of course a physical and competitive game, but both teams played so fair and allowed for a tight contest. It's amazing what good officiating can do to a game.

rod
01-05-2021, 12:50 PM
That's lovely mate

BP Super Dynamos
01-05-2021, 08:02 PM
Tough game for Kurri v Valentine. They're not a bad side, but never really looked like scoring. Something that'll stop them competing for the 4

Disinterested Bystander
02-05-2021, 10:37 AM
2-2 KS vs Toronto in O35/C. Their midfield ran rampant and had us under the pump for most of the game, we somehow had a 2-1 lead late and then gave away a late pen (which reduced us to 10 men) to even it up.

Pretty niggly game, lots of chat/angry blokes (particularly Toronto’s 14 in the midfield, didn’t shut up and was into everyone all game must’ve been a shit week at work for him or something!) and some rash challenges on both sides - the worst probably being the NRL style flop on our keeper which has resulted in 2 fractured vertebrae and the next 6 weeks in a neck brace 🤬

9 times out of 10 Toronto would probably have won a game like that, we were scrambling defensively a lot and it was a good challenge from that point of view but it was also one of those games were I wonder why the **** am I running around at shitsville at 9pm on a Friday night 🤦*♂️

Goatscheese
03-05-2021, 04:05 PM
the worst probably being the NRL style flop on our keeper which has resulted in 2 fractured vertebrae and the next 6 weeks in a neck brace 🤬

This is the sort of shit where people need to get over themselves.

We all have work to go to the next day, even at NewFM or NPL level there is no need to go in stupid with the intent of hurting people.

riverboy
03-05-2021, 08:33 PM
2-2 KS vs Toronto in O35/C. Their midfield ran rampant and had us under the pump for most of the game, we somehow had a 2-1 lead late and then gave away a late pen (which reduced us to 10 men) to even it up.

Pretty niggly game, lots of chat/angry blokes (particularly Toronto’s 14 in the midfield, didn’t shut up and was into everyone all game must’ve been a shit week at work for him or something!) and some rash challenges on both sides - the worst probably being the NRL style flop on our keeper which has resulted in 2 fractured vertebrae and the next 6 weeks in a neck brace 🤬

9 times out of 10 Toronto would probably have won a game like that, we were scrambling defensively a lot and it was a good challenge from that point of view but it was also one of those games were I wonder why the **** am I running around at shitsville at 9pm on a Friday night 🤦*♂️

I would have expected teammates to stand up for their keeper? The grub would have copped it if I was playing

Aegon
07-05-2021, 09:56 PM
Valo 2-1 over Dudley.
Horrible game that no one will look back on with good memories.
We couldn’t pass the ball or hold on to possession in the first half, Dudley couldn’t in the second.

In all fairness Dudley should have had the game wrapped up by half time but were only up 1-0.

In the end it turned into a very niggly game with some pretty ordinary tackles that definitely made me wonder why I wasn’t out having a beer instead of playing football on a Friday night.

boz-monaut
08-05-2021, 09:34 AM
Kotara South v Cooks Hill o35-C was called off as there was water on the cricket pitch at Lugar

suited us really well as we had barely half our players available

The roosta
08-05-2021, 01:29 PM
Kurri 7 - Stockton 1 O35-C
Good win for us but we need to be more clinical in front of goal with plenty of wasted opportunities. Credit to Stockton though they kept plugging away and were rewarded with a goal late on.

boz-monaut
08-05-2021, 04:18 PM
this doesn't surprise me - and I'm ashamed to say my own club is guilty of this crap

https://scontent.fsyd7-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/183155229_4018672184882493_6943508872077604752_n.j pg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=sdaFmM3zRSwAX9LCRCW&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyd7-1.fna&oh=abdd9acb420fbdc830edb5e3025aea3c&oe=60BD0751

Thomas477
08-05-2021, 08:05 PM
Sad reflection on the comps at the moment Boz.

People need to realise it’s a social game at the end of the day.

Johnno
09-05-2021, 12:31 AM
this doesn't surprise me - and I'm ashamed to say my own club is guilty of this crap

https://scontent.fsyd7-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/183155229_4018672184882493_6943508872077604752_n.j pg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=sdaFmM3zRSwAX9LCRCW&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyd7-1.fna&oh=abdd9acb420fbdc830edb5e3025aea3c&oe=60BD0751

Not surprising been to several games of varying age groups. Miniroos where my grandson plays may as well be the World Cup,parents out of control abusing what would b e 12 year old Game Leaders. Told one guy from my own side to settle down and I got abused, seriously the game is getting worse it’s a joke. I also watched it all age game today where the referee was a player from the club that had played a previous game and the abuse he copped from the sideline from his own club supporters was unbelievable.

BS detecor
09-05-2021, 12:40 AM
Not surprising been to several games of varying age groups. Miniroos where my grandson plays may as well be the World Cup,parents out of control abusing what would b e 12 year old Game Leaders. Told one guy from my own side to settle down and I got abused, seriously the game is getting worse it’s a joke. I also watched it all age game today where the referee was a player from the club that had played a previous game and the abuse he copped from the sideline from his own club supporters was unbelievable.

I watched a game tonight where the supporters abused the crap out of a young fullback after he accidentally cleared a ball straight into his captains chest and it deflected into his own net

redwah
11-05-2021, 11:50 AM
I watched a game tonight where the supporters abused the crap out of a young fullback after he accidentally cleared a ball straight into his captains chest and it deflected into his own net

I coached or help coach my young blokes team up until u16s last season...first thing I told the parents and kids was if there was any bullshit they were welcome to turn up to training on both nights in the middle of winter and run the sessions, I don’t get paid to look after their kids.....second thing I told them was if the kid doesn’t come to training without a legitimate excuse, ie sick, homework, part time job, they started on the bench and minutes would be proportional.....I never heard any shit and had about a 85-90% turn out to training all season.

boz-monaut
14-05-2021, 09:30 PM
the all important over35C results for tonight
Cooks Hill United 2 Valentine 0

Aegon
14-05-2021, 10:31 PM
the all important over35C results for tonight
Cooks Hill United 2 Valentine 0

Frustrating game, just as we started getting into the game in the second half a red card to one of our better players put us well and truly on the back foot. Probably lucky in the end to keep it to 0-2.

We might struggle to put 11 fit players on the field next week.

If you’re wondering, I was number 45. Think I had a hole in my boot tonight :)

The roosta
15-05-2021, 12:01 AM
Kurri 0 Toronto 0
Hard fought end to end game with both teams probably only having 1 or 2 decent chances.

boz-monaut
15-05-2021, 12:32 AM
Frustrating game, just as we started getting into the game in the second half a red card to one of our better players put us well and truly on the back foot. Probably lucky in the end to keep it to 0-2.

We might struggle to put 11 fit players on the field next week.

If you’re wondering, I was number 45. Think I had a hole in my boot tonight :)

Beardo who got sent off really cost your team to be fair - there really wasn't any excuse for that sortof retaliation and from what i saw (in goals) that really changed the game

I can understand how that must have been frustrating, having been on that side of the game many, many times

BS detecor
15-05-2021, 08:22 AM
The gradings are a joke,
The fixtures are a joke.
The competition is a joke.
Expecting over 35’s to play midweek as well as fridays has hamstrings twanging like banjo’s down on the bayou.

Goatscheese
15-05-2021, 10:56 PM
The gradings are a joke,
The fixtures are a joke.
The competition is a joke.
Expecting over 35’s to play midweek as well as fridays has hamstrings twanging like banjo’s down on the bayou.

When else would they play the 15th game? And washouts?

BS detecor
15-05-2021, 11:17 PM
When else would they play the 15th game? And washouts?

I don’t know, spare weekend, long weekend, school holidays maybe🤷*♂️

Goatscheese
16-05-2021, 07:19 PM
I don’t know, spare weekend, long weekend, school holidays maybe🤷*♂️

Great for all those dads wanting to go away during the school holidays

It's one extra game hardly a big issue though

Goatscheese
16-05-2021, 07:20 PM
Heard 3 red cards at a Lamtbon vs Cessnock AA Friday night game handed out last week.

Some Cessnock player punched some 17yo boy in the face, mayhem ensued including the kids father running onto the pitch

BS detecor
16-05-2021, 08:46 PM
Great for all those dads wanting to go away during the school holidays

It's one extra game hardly a big issue though

A grade has 6 teams, B grade has 10 teams. B grade plays 18 games including 4 mid week games. Surely it would take the worlds biggest apologist to think that is anything but poor planning

boz-monaut
16-05-2021, 09:03 PM
without sounding like the world's biggest apologist - it may have been done that way for grading reasons

I'd rather a six or ten team comp that didn't involve cricket scores every week

traffic light
16-05-2021, 09:04 PM
no-one wants to play 35As

Thomas477
16-05-2021, 09:15 PM
Heard 3 red cards at a Lamtbon vs Cessnock AA Friday night game handed out last week.

Some Cessnock player punched some 17yo boy in the face, mayhem ensued including the kids father running onto the pitch

Interesting thing about that story, no Jaffa’s or NL team all age or o35s play Cessnock....

BS detecor
16-05-2021, 09:20 PM
without sounding like the world's biggest apologist - it may have been done that way for grading reasons

I'd rather a six or ten team comp that didn't involve cricket scores every week

More cricket scores this year than ever before. It wasn’t only poorly planned, it was incredibly lazy

sammydog
16-05-2021, 09:26 PM
no-one wants to play 35As

That’s exactly what it is, no one wants to play A and teams graded there bitch and moan, and some drop out.

So it’s 6 teams in A (or 5) and big comps in lower grades.

boz-monaut
16-05-2021, 09:44 PM
Interesting thing about that story, no Jaffa’s or NL team all age or o35s play Cessnock....

I just checked the gradings spreadsheet too and this is correct - well spotted

Goatscheese
16-05-2021, 10:15 PM

Yep you're correct, was the Newcastle Suns, half that team used to play for Jaffas forgot they swtiched.

Charman
17-05-2021, 01:33 PM
O35 FRI C
REDHEAD 3- STOCKTON 2. Ordinary game.

boz-monaut
21-05-2021, 09:47 PM
What’s the rule for zone league players filling in for AA if they are short on numbers
Can they?

no, it clearly states that you can only use a borrowed player from a lower grade - regulation D47 - https://macquariefootball.com.au/wp-content/uploads/sites/13/2020/02/REGULATION-D-2019.pdf

boz-monaut
21-05-2021, 09:50 PM
all important o35C grade result tonight

Stockton 0 Cooks Hill 7

Stockton were a decent bunch of blokes - you feel shit for them being several grades above where they should be - it can't be fun losing every week

Aegon
21-05-2021, 10:13 PM
O35/C
Kotara 2
Valo 1

Very physical game but was a lot of fun.

Highlight of the game for me was the ref saying he would have given a penalty from a trip in the box if only the player fell over rather than trying to stay on their feet.

The roosta
22-05-2021, 12:06 AM
O35 C
Kurri 5 Swansea 3

Really good game 3-1 at half time, Swansea got it back to 3-3 then kurri scored 2 late goals for the win.

Aegon
22-05-2021, 08:32 AM
Got to add, Nesbit Park was probably the best pitch I’ve played on in years.

northern_swan
22-05-2021, 04:10 PM
Highlight of the game for me was the ref saying he would have given a penalty from a trip in the box if only the player fell over rather than trying to stay on their feet.

The highlight from my game Friday night was the referee giving an indirect free kick for a foul in the box. The justification was that the foul occurred in the indirect zone of the penalty area :wtf:

Charman
24-05-2021, 12:36 PM
Redhead 1 - Tronno 7.
I think we belong in whatever grade Boz thinks Stockton should be in.

j_tez
24-05-2021, 03:00 PM
What’s the rule for zone league players filling in for AA if they are short on numbers
Can they?

Only if they're multi-registered (regulation D50 in the link that boz sent)

Jardelsimage
24-05-2021, 03:09 PM
Only if they're multi-registered (regulation D50 in the link that boz sent)

it would be deemed an ineligible player and points deducted if they lost.(sorry its a mistake we didn't know type of thing)
If the powers deem it to be a "ring in player" AA team + the Zone players could be kicked out of the comp.

Chewyonyaboots did this happen?

boz-monaut
25-05-2021, 09:18 PM
Tuesday night catch up old man football

Kotara South 5 Cooks Hill United 2

the cliche 'game of two halves' is thrown around a lot these days...

good game all in all, could have done without going down 4-0 in the first 10 minutes

Aegon
28-05-2021, 02:04 PM
Tuesday night catch up old man football

Kotara South 5 Cooks Hill United 2

the cliche 'game of two halves' is thrown around a lot these days...

good game all in all, could have done without going down 4-0 in the first 10 minutes

Ouch. Kotara have a bit of pace up front with some decent control through midfield. They missed plenty of 1/2 chances against us.

2ndclasscitizen
28-05-2021, 03:32 PM
some properly wintery playing weather coming in. going to be a rush for the long sleeve shirts in the kit bag i reckon.

Goatscheese
28-05-2021, 07:31 PM
The highlight from my game Friday night was the referee giving an indirect free kick for a foul in the box. The justification was that the foul occurred in the indirect zone of the penalty area :wtf:

It is possible to have indirect free kicks in the box but not for that reason

2ndclasscitizen
28-05-2021, 08:50 PM
It is possible to have indirect free kicks in the box but not for that reason

Yeah we copped an indirect inside the 6 yard last year from a "passback"

boz-monaut
28-05-2021, 09:51 PM
o35-C
Cooks Hill 0 Toronto 2

all in all a pretty good game in good spirits - ruined by outright cheating leading the the first goal, and an unnecessary shoulder charge by a very fat man at the end of the game

you really have to wonder about some blokes in community football

Charman
29-05-2021, 12:15 AM
O35 fri C
Redhead 2 Swansea 0. Good win for us. Finally seemed to get the bounce of the ball. Could’ve been 4-4 to be fair.

Aegon
29-05-2021, 12:21 AM
O35/C

Valo 4
Stockton 0

2-0 up after 15 and one of their strikers had a tantrum and booted the ball away deliberately 2x in 30 seconds to cop 2 yellows and a send off.

Killed off any real competitiveness for the game and we took it pretty easy.

Unfortunately a crap tackle late in the game sent one of our lads to hospital with a suspected broken collarbone.

Pretty crap way to end a Friday night waiting for the ambos to take him in ED.

The roosta
29-05-2021, 12:27 AM
O35 C
Kurri 2 v Kotara 0
Unfortunately no refs but kotara had a young fella fill in so the game could be played which was much appreciated. Pretty good game over all end to end for most of it. We created plenty of chances, just very wasteful.

Disinterested Bystander
29-05-2021, 12:37 PM
O35 C
Kurri 2 v Kotara 0
Unfortunately no refs but kotara had a young fella fill in so the game could be played which was much appreciated. Pretty good game over all end to end for most of it. We created plenty of chances, just very wasteful.

I think the score line probably flattered us a bit, we were under the pump for most of the game and it seemed like you guys didn’t really get out of 2nd gear. Was a good battle

boz-monaut
04-06-2021, 11:27 PM
Swansea 5 Cooks Hill 1

long way to drive to play the worst we have all season

really, really did not enjoy that

Charman
05-06-2021, 01:28 PM
O35 fri C redhead v kurri
Down 0-4 after 20. Stayed that way. Took us 20 mins to work them out. 8 guys out last night so we’re actually pretty happy keeping it to 4.
Their number 20 is a quality player, quick too.

Charman
18-06-2021, 10:31 PM
O35 C Redhead v Kotara.
0-3. Better effort from us but they proved too strong scoring 2 in the last 10. A missed pen by us would’ve had it at 1-1 midway through 2nd half. I think Kurri are the team to beat.

Aegon
18-06-2021, 10:45 PM
O35C
Valo 3
Swansea 1

3 really nice long goals (2 Valo, 1 Swansea) and the one that killed the game was the goalie kicking a clearance into our strikers face and it bouncing back into the goal.

Much closer game than the score showed really.

boz-monaut
18-06-2021, 11:27 PM
Kurri 4 Cooks Hill 0

all four goals scored in the first 20 minutes

we'd be a good team if we only played second halves

Charman
25-06-2021, 03:03 PM
G'day Boz. Wet weather site is being a dick. Grounds open tonight?

BP Super Dynamos
25-06-2021, 05:07 PM
Hey Aegon, we on tonight at Croudace?

Aegon
25-06-2021, 05:40 PM
Hey Aegon, we on tonight at Croudace?

Yup, we’re going ahead. Ground is open.

sammydog
25-06-2021, 06:24 PM
G'day Boz. Wet weather site is being a dick. Grounds open tonight?

Garden Suburb closed. Neither ground seems to want to dry out this week. Need more of the westerly we have had today.

boz-monaut
25-06-2021, 09:47 PM
Grounds open and bone dry

Cooks Hill 5 Dudley 1

not the greatest game but a deserved result really

Aegon
25-06-2021, 10:29 PM
Grounds open and bone dry

Cooks Hill 5 Dudley 1

not the greatest game but a deserved result really

Kurri 2
Valo 1

Really close game where Valo probably missed the better chances of the night but Kurri converted theirs.

I missed a dead set sitter from 3 metres out on a cross where I somehow kicked it over the goal.

Easily the game played with the best attitudes from both teams all season.

Great ref as well.

Kudos to Kurri, they’re going to be tough to beat this year.

Disinterested Bystander
26-06-2021, 11:08 AM
1-1 KS vs Toronto, really tough, enjoyable battle last night. Couple of good opportunities for both sides and some cracking saves from the keepers.

BP Super Dynamos
03-07-2021, 11:11 PM
Anyone know dates or how finals work this season?

sammydog
03-07-2021, 11:18 PM
Anyone know dates or how finals work this season?

Back to usual seasons finals.

Week 1
1 v 2
3 v 4

week 2
Loser of (1v2) v winner (3v4)

Week 3
GF

BP Super Dynamos
04-07-2021, 06:47 AM
Cheers Sammydog, time to book some leave

Sliding Scale
05-07-2021, 02:00 PM
Cheers Sammydog, time to book some leave

a bit confident to be booking holidays between the Major semi and GF. Wheels might fall off the roosters and play in the elimination final.

BP Super Dynamos
05-07-2021, 04:07 PM
a bit confident to be booking holidays between the Major semi and GF. Wheels might fall off the roosters and play in the elimination final.

Only booking week 1 off. Not getting too excited. I still think Toronto are a stronger side than us

Sliding Scale
06-07-2021, 08:42 AM
Only booking week 1 off. Not getting too excited. I still think Toronto are a stronger side than us

i would have to agree. You have alot of ordinary blokes in the midfield and defense. Being carried by your former NPL striker up front

Aegon
06-07-2021, 10:36 AM
i would have to agree. You have alot of ordinary blokes in the midfield and defense. Being carried by your former NPL striker up front

Ouch, shots fired.

Although in fairness I think they're a very good team team. Pace up front and on the flanks with good central defenders & solid full backs. Central Midfield seems to be their weakest spot on the field but even then they are not bad.

Swifts
06-07-2021, 02:03 PM

What position do you play BP Super Dynamos :rof:?

BP Super Dynamos
06-07-2021, 04:23 PM
What position do you play BP Super Dynamos :rof:?
I either play as a defensive striker or attacking CD

Blindfreddy
08-07-2021, 09:48 PM
I agree the rooters are a shit team without their NPL striker.

boz-monaut
16-07-2021, 09:47 PM
Valentine 2 Cooks Hill 2

entertaining game all in all - played in pretty miserable conditons really

Aegon
16-07-2021, 09:49 PM
Valentine 2 Cooks Hill 2

entertaining game all in all - played in pretty miserable conditons really

Don’t be humble, you kept cookers in the game with 3 very good saves tonight.

Good game though. Played in good spirits for the most part. Wasn’t keen to play in the conditions earlier today but had a lot of fun tonight.

boz-monaut
16-07-2021, 10:05 PM
thanks - after the game all our attackers were telling me how class that header for your second goal was - have to agree

was in the same 'why do we do this?' mindset on the drive to the game but that's the sort of game that keeps us coming back year after year

The roosta
16-07-2021, 11:52 PM
Kurri 2 V Toronto 0

Decent game considering the horrible conditions.

Aegon
17-07-2021, 09:19 AM
Kurri 2 V Toronto 0

Decent game considering the horrible conditions.

Minor premiers, well done

Charman
19-07-2021, 11:27 AM
Fri O'35C
Redhead 3 - Stockton 4. Good on them getting their 1st win of the year.

Aegon
19-07-2021, 02:15 PM
Fri O'35C
Redhead 3 - Stockton 4. Good on them getting their 1st win of the year.

Down a few players for the long road trip?

Charman
21-07-2021, 04:20 PM
Down a few players for the long road trip?

Nope, we had 16 (which is too many). They played better than we did. Most teams have this year.

anfield
22-07-2021, 11:25 AM
Nope, we had 16 (which is too many). They played better than we did. Most teams have this year.

If your got too many mate, you could always come back to coaching?
Cardiff is reasonable close for you?

Charman
23-07-2021, 12:05 PM
If your got too many mate, you could always come back to coaching?
Cardiff is reasonable close for you?

Nope, I like your persistence though.

boz-monaut
23-07-2021, 09:28 PM
old man C grade score

Cooks Hill 2 Stockton 0

we just couldn't put them away tonight but geez Stockton have come on in leaps and bounds since the last time we played them

Aegon
23-07-2021, 10:17 PM
O35C
Valentine 3
Kotara 2

Good game of football on what is fast becoming a terrible pitch at Croudace Bay 2

Charman
26-07-2021, 07:24 PM
Redhead 1, Toronto 4.
On a more serious note I’m pleased to say a mate has survived a heart attack on the pitch Friday night. Triple by-pass coming up.
Note - defibs must be easily reached/found. Having to go to the local pub to loan theirs isn’t good enough.
Please have your clubs defib inspected and ready to go.
I’m not stating names nor teams. It’s for all to learn from.

Charman
26-07-2021, 08:11 PM
What I neglected to say was a massive thanks to those who kept him alive. I can only imagine the scenario. Massive appreciation lads.

boz-monaut
30-07-2021, 09:16 PM
Toronto 2 Cooks Hill 3

the racism and homophobia from the drunk low status males behind the goal made the beers taste better after the game

Aegon
30-07-2021, 11:50 PM
Toronto 2 Cooks Hill 3

the racism and homophobia from the drunk low status males behind the goal made the beers taste better after the game

Great win ��

Aegon
30-07-2021, 11:52 PM
O35C

Valo 3
Stockton 1

Stockton were 1-0 up for ages as we were slow out of the gates.
They’ve improved heaps on the first round.

Charman
31-07-2021, 05:56 PM
Redhead 0 Swansea 1.
Thanks to the bloke who stepped in to ref.

The roosta
31-07-2021, 07:52 PM
O35 C

Kurri 4 V kotara 1

Aegon
31-07-2021, 08:16 PM
Interesting results in O35C
Anyone from 2-5 could now have a couple of bad results and miss the finals.

Charman
01-08-2021, 07:59 PM
Going with Cooks Hill to make the 4.

boz-monaut
02-08-2021, 07:42 PM
appreciate the vote of confidence but we've got Swansea who beat us 5-1 and Kotara South who beat us 5-2

we're obviously going to put in everything for these last two games but the sensible money is on Valentine

the season really feels too short now with only two games of the regular season to go - one if you don't have a washout reset

Charman
03-08-2021, 05:54 PM
Valo have Toronno. Oh yeah, and us in the wash out so you should be right? We don't lose often.........

Aegon
04-08-2021, 11:08 AM
Definitely pressure on everyone to not drop points in the remaining games.
Good luck to everyone involved.

Sausage
06-08-2021, 05:49 PM
Is all age M Friday nights a farmers league?
Only 1 team that can win

boz-monaut
06-08-2021, 06:21 PM
that's an insult to farmers

don't reckon there'll be any games for the rest of the year to be honest

this lock down isn't going to lift after a week, or even a month

all because some Swansea jerks invited some Sydney jerks for a root on a beach

Aegon
06-08-2021, 06:43 PM
that's an insult to farmers

all because some Swansea jerks invited some Sydney jerks for a root on a beach

Ideally the last 2 weeks of the season are written off and current standings go straight to finals :)

boz-monaut
06-08-2021, 09:13 PM
ouch

but enough about this season, which is basically a write off - we should start to organise the Old Men on the Forum Cup preseason tournament for next season

Jim
06-08-2021, 09:18 PM

no no no no no no no no no no no no

I dont need this at finals time. damn you swansea coastie jerks

BP Super Dynamos
06-08-2021, 09:31 PM
ouch

but enough about this season, which is basically a write off - we should start to organise the Old Men on the Forum Cup preseason tournament for next season

Love this idea, seems C grade is the only comp that matters 🤣

Goatscheese
09-08-2021, 02:42 PM
Seems the associations have said they will just pick up where left off. So if we come out on Thursday only wash out games already scheduled will go ahead. If we come out in two weeks it will be whomever is in top 4 right now playing

boz-monaut
09-08-2021, 03:33 PM
where'd you hear that?

also, given the current list of exposure sites (https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/nsw-covid-19-case-locations/exposure-locations), I think there's no chance whatsoever of that happening any time before the first weekend in September, the scheduled date for the grand finals

Charman
09-08-2021, 04:10 PM
where'd you hear that?
I think there's no chance whatsoever of that happening any time before the first weekend in September, the scheduled date for the grand finals

Agreed. We're done for this year. We can thank the Imbeciles doing the wrong thing for that.

djjones
09-08-2021, 11:28 PM
Will be at least 2 more weeks off. Maybe enough time to have washouts and a GF for top 2?

Blindfreddy
10-08-2021, 08:37 PM
I guess the positive to take out of all of this is that Kurri didn’t win C grade……

BP Super Dynamos
10-08-2021, 10:24 PM
I guess the positive to take out of all of this is that Kurri didn’t win C grade……

How'd Charlestown D's finish up? Minor premiers?

Blindfreddy
11-08-2021, 07:00 AM
How'd Charlestown D's finish up? Minor premiers?
Let’s be serious super dynamo nobody cares about D grade…..

BP Super Dynamos
11-08-2021, 09:49 PM
Let’s be serious super dynamo nobody cares about D grade…..

I do. What's the talk around the water cooler? Happy birthday for the other day, too 🍺🎂

boz-monaut
12-08-2021, 03:33 PM
an email went to the clubs today stating that all games during this lockdown period are recorded as 0-0

so that's it, the regular season at least is over

can't see things improving enough for the finals

Sausage
12-08-2021, 03:39 PM
Can’t have a gf & no semi I thought?
So if there’s to be a gf played there has to be semi’s played is what I understand?
Unless someone can confirm top 2 go directly to a Gf?

boz-monaut
12-08-2021, 03:59 PM
https://macquariefootball.com.au/wp-content/uploads/sites/13/2020/02/REGULATION-D-2019.pdf

D 30 FIXTURES NOT PLAYED AS SCHEDULED

In the event of a washout in the Finals Series the following Rules shall apply:-:
(a) Rule D 24 (d) and (e) shall apply.
Notwithstanding any other Regulation on the same subject matter, the Competition
Administrator of the Zone Association reserves the right to alter or amend any Fixture
after it has been scheduled in the Official Fixture List. Such alterations could be to the
date, venue, kick-off times or a combination of all, providing the Clubs involved are given
a minimum of seventy-two (72) hours prior notice, wherever possible.
The Competition Administrator of the Zone Association has the power to abandon any
Fixture and organise any other Fixture if it deems such action necessary in the interests
of the Finals Series Competition.
(b) Efforts will be made by the Competition Administrator of the Zone Association to relocate or re-schedule washed out Finals Series Matches to a suitable alternative venue if
the original venue is washed out.
(c) In the event of a complete or major washout in any one set of Finals Series Fixtures, the
Competition Administrators of the Zone Associations will seek to put the season back
one (1) week IF THIS IS POSSIBLE.
(d) If it is not possible to achieve any of the outcomes in D 30 (a), (b) or (c), the Competition
Administrator of the Zone association shall declare the Finals Series Event for that
Age/Grade to be CANCELLED.
(e) In the event of the CANCELLATION of the SEMI-FINAL Matches, the FINALS round for the
Age/Grade of those cancelled Matches will be set as:
 Team 1 will play Team 4 and Team 2 will play Team 3 (Team positions from the
final competition points score ladder).
 The two Winners will proceed directly to the Grand Final whilst the two Losers
are eliminated.
(f) In the event of the CANCELLATION of the FINAL Matches, the GRAND FINAL round for
the Age/Grade of the cancelled Match will be set as:
 Team 1 will play Team 2 (Team positions from the final competition points
score ladder).
 The Winner will be declared the Grand Final Winner; the Loser will be declared
the Grand Finalist (Grand Final Runner-Up).
(g) In the event of the CANCELLATION of the GRAND FINAL Match, the Grand Final round for
the Age/Grade of the cancelled Match shall be declared NULL AND VOID and the
competition shall be declared COMPLETED. NO Grand Final Winner or Grand Finalist
(Grand Final Runner-Up) shall be declared since no match has been played.

j_tez
12-08-2021, 06:37 PM
- All regular season games that are cancelled will be 0-0 draws
- If semi final round is cancelled (20-22 Aug), it’ll be pushed back a week (played on 27-29 Aug) and format is 1v4, 2v3 straight knockout
- If everything except grand final round (3rd-5th Sep) is cancelled, it’ll be 1v2

Oldy
13-08-2021, 04:43 PM
- All regular season games that are cancelled will be 0-0 draws
- If semi final round is cancelled (20-22 Aug), it’ll be pushed back a week (played on 27-29 Aug) and format is 1v4, 2v3 straight knockout
- If everything except grand final round (3rd-5th Sep) is cancelled, it’ll be 1v2

Pays to get top 2 after all

Goatscheese
13-08-2021, 11:46 PM
Pays to get top 2 after all

Always pays, they have pushed everything back a week but this is very similar to the rules when washouts occur during finals

Johnno
14-08-2021, 05:12 PM
The seven day statewide lockdown from 5pm today takes next weekend out as well. Did hear if it got extended to take into account next weekend an possibly beyond they were going to call it.

j_tez
15-08-2021, 03:18 PM
I know that Argenton and TAFE have walls with painted on goals, are there any other grounds in Newy that have a kick wall? Or better yet, anywhere with goals and nets permanently set up? (Wishful thinking I know). Looking for somewhere good to go for a solo lockdown kick

Hotline
15-08-2021, 03:29 PM
I know that Argenton and TAFE have walls with painted on goals, are there any other grounds in Newy that have a kick wall? Or better yet, anywhere with goals and nets permanently set up? (Wishful thinking I know). Looking for somewhere good to go for a solo lockdown kick

Adamstown oval has a kick wall, right in the middle not far from the velodrome.

Bremsstrahlung
15-08-2021, 03:50 PM

I've taken to using some tarp and some thin rope. (After i tried to source an affordable net, to no avail

Tie thin rope to the corners and even some holes along the middle.
If you have a portable step ladder, can use that to tie and secure it. Otherwise, I normally attach it to some 2L milk carton filled with water or sand, or bricks, anything heavy. Lob them over and adjust the rope (should only have to do this once or twice to find perfect fit). Could probably use tent pegs too....

Haven't done it, but to train younger players can cut holes, or paint/draw some targets/keeper etc.

No replica for hitting a net. But it sure as shit offers some reward for hitting the target and not chasing your sh*t.

Goatscheese
16-08-2021, 09:03 PM
Adamstown oval has a kick wall, right in the middle not far from the velodrome.

Adamstown also has goals permanently set up same with Myers Park and Mandalong

Sausage
19-08-2021, 04:15 PM
No point worrying about practice

boz-monaut
19-08-2021, 06:04 PM
lockdown is extended until 28 August, so there's a chance that we'll be all back open and able to play the Grand Finals on the 3/4/5 September weekend

just as there's a chance that people in South Western Sydney will obey the rules and we'll control this virus, then after that the Jets will win every game this season

Aegon
19-08-2021, 09:23 PM
I was at Croudace bay complex with my son for a run and a kick this arvo.

Multiple groups of young lads on the football and league pitches playing games..... just takes one of them to have it and it'll spread like wildfire again.

I don't see us getting out of this due to people just not doing the right thing.

boz-monaut
19-08-2021, 10:10 PM
get your shots everyone

think we should make the Old Men on the Forum Cup preseason tournament for vaccinated players only

riverboy
19-08-2021, 11:35 PM
I was at Croudace bay complex with my son for a run and a kick this arvo.

Multiple groups of young lads on the football and league pitches playing games..... just takes one of them to have it and it'll spread like wildfire again.

I don't see us getting out of this due to people just not doing the right thing.

Maybe so, But all the data has suggested transmission very low risk outdoors. More so these young lads possibly going to each other's houses, that's where the true risks are.
I guess my big one is football going forward in 2022. Seriously I think we can put a line through 2021. Queensland have only just started community sport back up now and they haven't had cases for 2 weeks I believe.

But what about 2022, The government has suggested Covid19 is here to stay and there goal is 80% vaccination rate. Once that figure is achieved the country will open up to few restrictions like what has happened in the UK and US, although there current vaccination rate is around 50%.

So what does this mean? Covid19 will be around like the flu. How will this effect community sport given there are players, supporters and officials of all ages involved that can all catch something that potentially could kill the unvaccinated and the vulnerable?? Could be a serious question?

boz-monaut
20-08-2021, 09:40 AM
I get the feeling it won't be back to normal in 2022 - I still think there's going to be check ins and masks for a very long time even when we're all vaccinated, plus hopefully there's going to be vaccine passports, both for playing and for the pub after the game

Australia has handled this very differently to the UK and especially to the US, where there hasn't been any sensible form of contact tracing or check in apps or the like

Thomas477
20-08-2021, 09:51 AM
I get the feeling it won't be back to normal in 2022 - I still think there's going to be check ins and masks for a very long time even when we're all vaccinated, plus hopefully there's going to be vaccine passports, both for playing and for the pub after the game

Australia has handled this very differently to the UK and especially to the US, where there hasn't been any sensible form of contact tracing or check in apps or the like

Slightly off topic, but apparently in 2019 the flu infected 850 people per day across the year, and approx 2.2 dying each day. Not saying we should let it run rampant atm, but interesting for context.

Ghost of Plague
20-08-2021, 10:25 AM
hopefully there's going to be vaccine passports, both for playing and for the pub after the game

I dont want to turn this into 'that thread' but we all need to have a think about things here. You expect a 16yr old volunteer ref or the little old frail Ground Marshall to go round checking everyone's Vax status before kickoff? Let alone some uni student bar staff asking for your papers before getting a drink? Its not manageable. Does the canteen volunteers need to be checked? Do they need to check everyone in the crowds status before serving them a bag of lollies?

Pre covid we lived in a society full of anti vaxxers and transmittable diseases. Thinking this is the one that will change all that isn't reality.

Im fully vaxxed, and encourage everyone to do so, but after that we as a society have to do a better job at living with this virus without resorting to this type of stuff.

England especially has made a choice and aint turning back. 200k cases last week and full stadiums and back to normal. We will follow the same path it will only take one premier to announce it and the others will follow. Zero covid is not going to happen.

And don't get me started on personal responsibility. The attitude of rule breakers during lockdown is frustrating but is the end product of a system we all helped create that has no consequences for being a shit****.
Assholes flouting the law is not a new thing, its only now that it affect more people that we all seem to have a problem with it.

Goatscheese
20-08-2021, 03:38 PM
lockdown is extended until 28 August, so there's a chance that we'll be all back open and able to play the Grand Finals on the 3/4/5 September weekend

Didn't Newcastle Football's letter say the grand final will be played on the 10th 11th 12th? This would mean that if we are back from next Sunday that the first weekend of September will be the 1v4 and 2v3 matches the letter talked about

evolution
20-08-2021, 03:48 PM
Didn't Newcastle Football's letter say the grand final will be played on the 10th 11th 12th? This would mean that if we are back from next Sunday that the first weekend of September will be the 1v4 and 2v3 matches the letter talked about

This is what I got today in an email from Macquarie:

Interdistrict Semi Finals: Major / Minor

Friday 26th August – Cancelled – Covid Lockdown

Saturday 27th August – Cancelled – Covid Lockdown

Sunday 28th August – Cancelled – Covid Lockdown Status Unknown

Interdistrict Finals: Winners of F1 & F2 advance to Grand Final

Per Regulation D30 (e)

Friday 3rd September – (F1) 1 v 4 – (F2) 2 v 3 – Covid status will determine completion

Saturday 4th September – (F1) 1 v 4 – (F2) 2 v 3 – Covid status will determine completion

Sunday 5th September – (F1) 1 v 4 – (F2) 2 v 3 – Covid status will determine completion

Interdistrict Grand Finals; Winners of F1 & F2 Finals

Friday 10th September – Winner F1 v Winner F2 – Covid status will determine completion

Saturday 11th September – Winner F1 v Winner F2 – Covid status will determine completion

Sunday 12th September – Winner F1 v Winner F2 – Covid status will determine completion

Johnno
27-08-2021, 02:29 PM
This is what I got today in an email from Macquarie:

Interdistrict Semi Finals: Major / Minor

Friday 26th August – Cancelled – Covid Lockdown

Saturday 27th August – Cancelled – Covid Lockdown

Sunday 28th August – Cancelled – Covid Lockdown Status Unknown

Interdistrict Finals: Winners of F1 & F2 advance to Grand Final

Per Regulation D30 (e)

Friday 3rd September – (F1) 1 v 4 – (F2) 2 v 3 – Covid status will determine completion

Saturday 4th September – (F1) 1 v 4 – (F2) 2 v 3 – Covid status will determine completion

Sunday 5th September – (F1) 1 v 4 – (F2) 2 v 3 – Covid status will determine completion

Interdistrict Grand Finals; Winners of F1 & F2 Finals

Friday 10th September – Winner F1 v Winner F2 – Covid status will determine completion

Saturday 11th September – Winner F1 v Winner F2 – Covid status will determine completion

Sunday 12th September – Winner F1 v Winner F2 – Covid status will determine completion

Season has been cancelled.

boz-monaut
27-08-2021, 03:49 PM
no alarms and no surprises there

now we start planning the old man cup next season - who's in?

BP Super Dynamos
29-08-2021, 09:01 AM
no alarms and no surprises there

now we start planning the old man cup next season - who's in?

Count me in Boz

riverboy
29-08-2021, 06:27 PM
No jab no play, thoughts???

boz-monaut
29-08-2021, 09:49 PM
I'm organising the old man preseason comp so yes, it will be

don't like it, don't play

same should go for the regular season

why should my health be jeopardised by someone else's mental health issues and stupidity?

Goatscheese
30-08-2021, 03:18 PM

why should my health be jeopardised by someone else's mental health issues and stupidity?

Ok but how are you going to monitor it?

Aegon
30-08-2021, 04:37 PM

What are the details for the per season comp? Has it been run before ?

Jim
30-08-2021, 08:59 PM
What are the details for the per season comp? Has it been run before ?

Team who scores does boat race

2ndclasscitizen
02-09-2021, 03:41 PM
Ok but how are you going to monitor it?

You can quickly and easily get a vaccination certificate from myGov, seems like a pretty easy thing to police. No certificate no play.

Ghost of Plague
07-09-2021, 12:07 PM
You can quickly and easily get a vaccination certificate from myGov, seems like a pretty easy thing to police. No certificate no play.

Well this seems like an open and shut case.
Kick out the unwell I say. Keep em in their houses.

Ok now do HIV positive people, you banning them from community contact sport too? Because you blokes on here have made it clear that only your sensibilities matter. As long as you feel safe, the games can go ahead. But you don't feel like being the ones to tell all these people they can't play.

Govt about to start jabbing 12s and up. How many of those kids who can't/won't get a needle by the time summer sport starts will you be ringing to tell them they can't play?

What if a kid is 11 then turns 12 mid season you gonna kick them out too?

This is not an easy issue, and def one that small community clubs shouldn't be lumped with. Understand too, that covid and vax issues will prob lead to a rise in registration fees no matter how its handled.

Understand something too before you start throwing horse wormer at me. I am fully vaxxed and encourage everyone to do so. I totally understand the hypocritical attitude we have when things like "my body my choice" start bashing into "for the greater good". Im guilty of it, we all are. But just because the answer is convenient for you doesnt make it the right one.

2ndclasscitizen
07-09-2021, 01:08 PM
Well this seems like an open and shut case.
Kick out the unwell I say. Keep em in their houses.

Ok now do HIV positive people, you banning them from community contact sport too? Because you blokes on here have made it clear that only your sensibilities matter. As long as you feel safe, the games can go ahead. But you don't feel like being the ones to tell all these people they can't play.

Govt about to start jabbing 12s and up. How many of those kids who can't/won't get a needle by the time summer sport starts will you be ringing to tell them they can't play?

What if a kid is 11 then turns 12 mid season you gonna kick them out too?

This is not an easy issue, and def one that small community clubs shouldn't be lumped with. Understand too, that covid and vax issues will prob lead to a rise in registration fees no matter how its handled.

Understand something too before you start throwing horse wormer at me. I am fully vaxxed and encourage everyone to do so. I totally understand the hypocritical attitude we have when things like "my body my choice" start bashing into "for the greater good". Im guilty of it, we all are. But just because the answer is convenient for you doesnt make it the right one.

HIV positive people will be on drugs that suppress it and reduce their infectiousness. You know, like a vaccine. They will also have been advised by their doctor what to do in order to be safe. There are also laws that can and do punish people with HIV who behave in a reckless manner to others regarding their condition. HIV and sport is an issue that was dealt with long ago.

Junior sport is a separate issue for junior management in clubs. You're right, kids shouldn't be punished for things out of their control and I'd be surprised if any vaccination rules are present for juniors in season 2022.

But we aren't talking about juniors, or HIV positive adults. We're talking adults who by pre-season next year will have very likely had the opportunity to get vaccinated, or get provide proof of a medical condition preventing them from doing so. Don't want to? Well then when you're an adult your actions have consequences, and that consequence will be not playing for your club.

Hopefully the FFA will have a administrative solution for clubs next year but as a team manager I provide the team list to the club so they can assign registered players, I can always tell them to decline the rego and issue a refund if someone wants to get all anti-vax.

Ghost of Plague
07-09-2021, 06:01 PM
HIV positive people will be on drugs that suppress it and reduce their infectiousness. You know, like a vaccine. They will also have been advised by their doctor what to do in order to be safe. There are also laws that can and do punish people with HIV who behave in a reckless manner to others regarding their condition. HIV and sport is an issue that was dealt with long ago.

Junior sport is a separate issue for junior management in clubs. You're right, kids shouldn't be punished for things out of their control and I'd be surprised if any vaccination rules are present for juniors in season 2022.

But we aren't talking about juniors, or HIV positive adults. We're talking adults who by pre-season next year will have very likely had the opportunity to get vaccinated, or get provide proof of a medical condition preventing them from doing so. Don't want to? Well then when you're an adult your actions have consequences, and that consequence will be not playing for your club.

Hopefully the FFA will have a administrative solution for clubs next year but as a team manager I provide the team list to the club so they can assign registered players, I can always tell them to decline the rego and issue a refund if someone wants to get all anti-vax.

Agree with you re: the HIV stuff but what im saying is that there is always a chance that it could happen. We as a society have just reached a point with that virus that we are comfortable with.

Blanket policies around these things just don't ever seem to be as easy as we think.

Because then you have refs, club officials, parents, groundkeepers, spectators who would all need to fall under the same policy.

What if FFA just turned around and said, "nope we can't enforce it so its people like you that need to make a decision. If you want to play you need be aware unvaccintaed players may be on the field".
Would you play? Would you take the risk?

This isn't even a gotcha thing, im genuinely interested what people think. I probably will, and think that by this time next year it probably won't seem as scary. But I'd love to know what others think.

Also, what if you had team members or opponents that had a legit exemption? Would you still want to play with them? Because technically they would give you the same exposure risk as an anti vaxxer (but would probably be way less douchey).

These are the things we all need to grapple with before deciding what's best.

Fred Devils
14-11-2021, 03:44 PM
Anyone know of a keeper interested to play ZL2 next season? Message 0410 189 333

Goatscheese
16-11-2021, 02:52 PM
Has anyone heard that next year washouts won't be played

Or that clubs will need to take evidence of their grounds being washed out and this will be checked to determine if the washout is valid or not?

boz-monaut
16-11-2021, 03:28 PM
where would this have come from?

Goatscheese
16-11-2021, 04:33 PM
where would this have come from?

All Chinese whispers, someone told me that their club had it sent to them by Macquarie Football. His wife is on the committee for the club. It never sounded right even the bit about just needing to take photos and send it into Macquarie to prove that the grounds really were washed out but thought someone on here would know for certain if it had come through.

boz-monaut
16-11-2021, 07:21 PM
nothing in my club's email - not that we're part of Macquarie

There was the AGM last night and consultation night on tonight - maybe it's being discussed there

Goatscheese
17-11-2021, 02:51 PM
nothing in my club's email - not that we're part of Macquarie

There was the AGM last night and consultation night on tonight - maybe it's being discussed there

Thanks, I would suspect it would apply to all ID clubs not just a rule for Macquarie.

But do you mind letting me know if it is discussed?

sammydog
17-11-2021, 11:09 PM
All Chinese whispers, someone told me that their club had it sent to them by Macquarie Football. His wife is on the committee for the club. It never sounded right even the bit about just needing to take photos and send it into Macquarie to prove that the grounds really were washed out but thought someone on here would know for certain if it had come through.

We are a Macquarie club and we haven't seen any emails with that sort of content.

sammydog
17-11-2021, 11:12 PM

How do you take photos to prove a wash out. Our pitch on Friday last week was like a swamp after solid rain, but there is no way you can document that in a photo.

End of the day, Macquarie clubs answer to the council in the management of our pitches. The member Zones have no right to be able to call a pitch on, or pressure games to be on with the threat of no catchups.

I highly doubt this has even been discussed with some of the stuff going on behind the scenes at the moment.

BlackPanther
18-11-2021, 10:57 AM

Whispers started from Premier Clubs. Northern want video or an independent NNSWF rep or match official to check. 1st grade washouts only.
Nothing to do with Macquarie or the Joint Zones.

Goatscheese
18-11-2021, 11:20 AM
How do you take photos to prove a wash out. Our pitch on Friday last week was like a swamp after solid rain, but there is no way you can document that in a photo.

End of the day, Macquarie clubs answer to the council in the management of our pitches. The member Zones have no right to be able to call a pitch on, or pressure games to be on with the threat of no catchups.

I highly doubt this has even been discussed with some of the stuff going on behind the scenes at the moment.

I suspected it may have been bogus I spoke to the person who told me about this and they are now suspecting that it may have been peddled because the person who told them wasn't happy with the amount of ground closures that happened last year and may be putting some doubts in the minds of the group that closes the ground at their club

Goatscheese
18-11-2021, 11:22 AM
Whispers started from Premier Clubs. Northern want video or an independent NNSWF rep or match official to check. 1st grade washouts only.
Nothing to do with Macquarie or the Joint Zones.

Well that would make sense, ID and Zone clubs just play most committees don't care just let all games play if they can. But certainly seen NPL clubs call out grounds when they know they are short of the stronger 1st grade players.

sammydog
18-11-2021, 11:27 AM
I suspected it may have been bogus I spoke to the person who told me about this and they are now suspecting that it may have been peddled because the person who told them wasn't happy with the amount of ground closures that happened last year and may be putting some doubts in the minds of the group that closes the ground at their club

Ground closures suck. I actually find wet weather the most stressful thing about the football season.

I don't think anyone in community football closes a pitch for the fun of it.

Goatscheese
18-11-2021, 11:37 AM
Ground closures suck. I actually find wet weather the most stressful thing about the football season.

I don't think anyone in community football closes a pitch for the fun of it.

Indeed, obviously people have different opinions as to what level a ground should be closed and some are happy for a muddy pitch while others would rather close a pitch open to a lot of damage one weekend to ensure the rest of the season has a serviceable field.

boz-monaut
18-11-2021, 10:23 PM
I don't think anyone ever wants to call a game off, and no one ever thanks you for it

it's shit having to call your own game off, which I've had to do a few times

there's also the catch up games which are a royal pain in the arse for all involved in the running of a club

so the idea that over 35 D grade calling grounds of because they only had the bare eleven that week is a bit ridiculous - not that I haven't suspected other clubs of doing just that

Aegon
18-11-2021, 10:51 PM
I don't think anyone ever wants to call a game off, and no one ever thanks you for it

it's shit having to call your own game off, which I've had to do a few times

there's also the catch up games which are a royal pain in the arse for all involved in the running of a club

so the idea that over 35 D grade calling grounds of because they only had the bare eleven that week is a bit ridiculous - not that I haven't suspected other clubs of doing just that

Considering most of us play with the bare 11 each week, I’m doubtful that happens regularly.
Or am I overly optimistic?

Captain_Carl
20-11-2021, 09:35 AM
I have watched a few O35 games but a duty officer told me leave one game because I was running up and down the sideline with my shirt off yahooing