PDA

View Full Version : All jets games to the end of the 20/21 season

Pages : [1] 2

belchardo
05-04-2021, 06:08 PM
This crud isn't worth individual threads. 35 seconds. Dump them all.

Bremsstrahlung
05-04-2021, 06:10 PM
Hahaha great minds bel, great minds

Frodo
05-04-2021, 06:17 PM
I wondered if today would be the day I changed my mind on whether or not Matt Millar was a footballer of any standard...

Nope. Not even remotely close to one.

The Dunster
05-04-2021, 06:22 PM
The only thing more shit than Millar is the referee.

Constant holding and shirt pulling by WUN going unpunished.

Najarenevfouled by Berisha nothing happens.

Prso goes shoulder to shoulder and its a yellow card for him.

belchardo
05-04-2021, 06:34 PM
Dunster, the referee is the best thing going for us. He eventually blows full time and the misery stops.

Frodo
The only thing more shit than Millar is the referee.

Constant holding and shirt pulling by WUN going unpunished.

Najarenevfouled by Berisha nothing happens.

Prso goes shoulder to shoulder and its a yellow card for him.

Then Lustica makes the same tackle on Yuel not 2 mins later and no card.

belchardo
Hahaha great minds bel, great minds

Gold. Not sure even the mods can be arsed these days.

The Dunster
05-04-2021, 06:47 PM
I hope Millar joins Uga at WSW next week.

Bremsstrahlung
05-04-2021, 06:47 PM
Apparently Ugar pissing off to wankerers in transfer window

Bremsstrahlung
05-04-2021, 06:48 PM
Man, is this how the Jets feel? Being second to everything this afternoon.

Frodo
05-04-2021, 06:55 PM
They can kick us into oblivion, if we breath on them it's a free kick and anything simply worthy of a free kick is a yellow card against us. If he keeps going we will surely finish this a player or two short.

They make a simple job look like rocket surgery.

The Dunster
05-04-2021, 07:20 PM
Geez Millar looks like he's been hit by a mortar.

Ridiculous thst we haven't subbed him.

Bremsstrahlung
05-04-2021, 07:32 PM
I just love VAR when it affects Berisha. I’m hoping I included him in my list of punchable faces with mr Kruse

Frodo
05-04-2021, 07:38 PM
I just love VAR when it affects Berisha. I’m hoping I included him in my list of punchable faces with mr Kruse

He is a given on everyone's list by default.

Bremsstrahlung
05-04-2021, 07:53 PM
Dunster, the referee is the best thing going for us. He eventually blows full time and the misery stops.

6 minutes of added time....still the best thing?

Frodo
05-04-2021, 08:03 PM
Honestly, I enjoyed watching that. I don't care about losing this year at all so long as we play well. Yes we can't finish, but at least we were exciting to watch. WU were horrid, they didn't deserve any of those 3 points today.

I do think that shows how little I care these days, but it's the truth.

Ghost of Plague
05-04-2021, 08:17 PM
Then Lustica makes the same tackle on Yuel not 2 mins later and no card.

Superstars get all the calls.

StannyCFCJET
05-04-2021, 08:42 PM
I wondered if today would be the day I changed my mind on whether or not Matt Millar was a footballer of any standard...

Nope. Not even remotely close to one.

Deans is sealing his own fate with his favourtism of certain players

05-04-2021, 09:08 PM

No wins in six

3 goals in that time ( could be wrong )

Fold this shit show now.

belchardo
05-04-2021, 09:32 PM

He is an amazing dude. Right after he scored the one they over-ruled, he was telling all his players that he was offside. AND YET! He still went off at the ref when they changed the decision!

05-04-2021, 09:35 PM
I will say Lesiotis and O Doherty.

Jeterpool
05-04-2021, 09:41 PM
I'm so over the club right now. I'm sick and tired if being in this position, knowing we're going to lose each and every week. Victory fans are bitching and moaning but that's 1 season. We've had it for 12 of the last 13 years! And I'm convinced they're going to finish ahead of us.

My fear is we stick with Deans, he recruits his players but still achieves nothing. He gets the sack and we are back on the roller-coaster of "not my players" etc.

For all the rhetoric that comes out about "turning this around","showing a response" and "stepping up in time of need" this is without a doubt one of the worst sides in our history.

How long can we keep it going before serious questions about the legitimacy of our club in the competition begin to pop up

05-04-2021, 10:12 PM
I'm so over the club right now. I'm sick and tired if being in this position, knowing we're going to lose each and every week. Victory fans are bitching and moaning but that's 1 season. We've had it for 12 of the last 13 years! And I'm convinced they're going to finish ahead of us.

My fear is we stick with Deans, he recruits his players but still achieves nothing. He gets the sack and we are back on the roller-coaster of "not my players" etc.

For all the rhetoric that comes out about "turning this around","showing a response" and "stepping up in time of need" this is without a doubt one of the worst sides in our history.

How long can we keep it going before serious questions about the legitimacy of our club in the competition begin to pop up

I said to my young bloke about 15 mins before kick off that i felt the feeling around the place was we are in a worse space both on and off the field than the Stubbins season or the Miller season under the control of the FFA.

Mattiske needs to either grow a set and demand more from the other owners that put him in place to run this show or just fold the cluster %^&* it has become.

Thomas477
05-04-2021, 10:59 PM
I never understood why people wanted Deans to be given a chance anyway.

W-League - 6th, 5th, 3rd (that was the season Martin actually spent and got good players, ie EvE), 7th
Y-League - 7th, 7th, 8th, 8th
A-League - took the reins a few times in no pressure scenarios, and almost always kept the same tactics as the just sacked head coach. Every kick off we go long, lose it and are on the back foot straight away, and today we conceded.

The chairman needs to do something, yes the cattle aren’t great, but part of signing Deans on this season should have been, these are the players we have, you need to get results with them. Interesting thing is, Deans has now equaled Nick Theo’s record, and he got the sack...

turbojetfireV8
06-04-2021, 12:57 AM
Deans is fine as an assistant coach but the above post sums up what I think of his ability as head coach succinctly, as appointed head he's never got a team to perform to their level or above it, which is why I wasn't happy they locked him in for any more than one season, it just makes it harder to see them demoting him back to where he should be, I fear it can only get worse if more players tell him what they think and he wants to get rid of them as well we could be in real trouble by the end of the season...

StannyCFCJET
06-04-2021, 07:03 AM

I didn't attend yesterday. You've summed up my thoughts perfectly

The Dunster
06-04-2021, 12:35 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Deans is forced to select certain players each week.

Hiw else can you explain Millar getting a start each week?

Tommyjet
06-04-2021, 02:01 PM
Deans has always had a way of staying too loyal to his favs. He is too nice to players underperforming and gives them far too long to turn around form. Due to injuries he has had to to make changes but seriously miller/odonavan etc need a rocket.

StannyCFCJET
06-04-2021, 02:22 PM
Deans has always had a way of staying too loyal to his favs. He is too nice to players underperforming and gives them far too long to turn around form. Due to injuries he has had to to make changes but seriously miller/odonavan etc need a rocket.

Learn to much from Ernie

monz6
06-04-2021, 02:47 PM
Deans is sealing his own fate with his favourtism of certain players

Not having a dig but you make a comment like this almost every season no matter who the coach is. Reality is our squads are just never good enough. Coaches aren’t going to play someone worse than a player who’s a starter each week but isn’t playing well. No matter who the coach is - it’s most likely the players you don’t want to be getting picked would still be getting picked.

redwah
06-04-2021, 04:54 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Deans is forced to select certain players each week.

Hiw else can you explain Millar getting a start each week?

This...I have no idea how he is a professional footballer..

belchardo
06-04-2021, 08:26 PM
Not having a dig but you make a comment like this almost every season no matter who the coach is. Reality is our squads are just never good enough. Coaches aren’t going to play someone worse than a player who’s a starter each week but isn’t playing well. No matter who the coach is - it’s most likely the players you don’t want to be getting picked would still be getting picked.

Agree. Who would we pick instead of him?

StannyCFCJET
06-04-2021, 08:31 PM
Agree. Who would we pick instead of him?

Hoff/Lucas cover Millar anyday and anyone over Roy atm

The Hacker
06-04-2021, 08:37 PM
Hoff/Lucas cover Millar anyday and anyone over Roy atm

Least Roy gives a s$&t. On Monday he’s trying to turn there luck with his work without the ball. He just ain’t getting quality service

Ghost of Plague
06-04-2021, 09:16 PM
Least Roy gives a s$&t. On Monday he’s trying to turn there luck with his work without the ball. He just ain’t getting quality service

Yeah im not a huge Roy fan but his and Yuells work rate was as good as anyone on the pitch the other night. Maybe the coach just needs to use him differently.
I'd def start Hoffman over Millar though and its not even close.

belchardo
06-04-2021, 09:27 PM
Yeah im not a huge Roy fan but his and Yuells work rate was as good as anyone on the pitch the other night. Maybe the coach just needs to use him differently.
I'd def start Hoffman over Millar though and its not even close.

Is Hoffman fit enough? Thought he was coming back from injury still.

Jeterpool
07-04-2021, 08:40 AM
Statistically more riding on the match against Victory than a record 7 consecutive defeats.

If we lose, Deans will have the highest percentage loss rate of any Jets coach (10+ games - and I say that because the 1 competitive match JP DeMarginy coached was a loss).

He's currently got a 61% loss rate, the same as Phil Stubbins and 1% better than Theodorakopoulos (62%).

Couscous
07-04-2021, 07:01 PM
Tell them who has the best win rate, Jeterpool.

Bremsstrahlung
07-04-2021, 08:52 PM

That’s like saying you pulled the hottest girl in Fannys.

Jeterpool
07-04-2021, 09:53 PM

It isn't you, Gaz

The Dunster
08-04-2021, 04:00 AM
Carl Robinson

Bremsstrahlung
08-04-2021, 08:16 AM
Carl Robinson

Wont insult JP by trying too hard to provide stats but he was 7 wins from 11. 64%.
Merrick was around 50%.
Wiki doesn’t like cous and has no coaching stats.

Jeterpool
08-04-2021, 08:49 AM
Wont insult JP by trying too hard to provide stats but he was 7 wins from 11. 64%.
Merrick was around 50%.
Wiki doesn’t like cous and has no coaching stats.

Does Wiki say Robbo coached 11 matches? His record was 6 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss in 10 matches

Couscous
09-04-2021, 07:48 PM
A 3pm game wtf.

Bremsstrahlung
09-04-2021, 09:13 PM
Does Wiki say Robbo coached 11 matches? His record was 6 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss in 10 matches

Yehp.
Ironically a better a record than his time with Wanderers....

mic22
10-04-2021, 04:51 PM
Jets vs. Victory: at half time, both teams deserve to lose this game

belchardo
10-04-2021, 05:07 PM
If we win, the victory player with the initials LLL deserves the motm for that miss

belchardo
10-04-2021, 05:11 PM
Gold. Concede a goal from a corner that should have been a goal kick.

belchardo
10-04-2021, 05:32 PM
Far out. Why did we just waste 2 minutes assessing a player on the field when he was 6 yards from the goal line, and then let him walk to the sideline.

belchardo
10-04-2021, 05:41 PM
Ffs topor. What a cock up.

Does krasniqi offer anything apart from a fancy first touch and then the second touch kicks it straight into the opposition?

belchardo
10-04-2021, 05:58 PM
We are going even further backwards.

The Dunster
10-04-2021, 06:06 PM
The problem is Deans.
The same issues the W-league team had are apparent with this team as well.

Very negative football with defenders playing back to goal even when in possession in their own half.

belchardo
10-04-2021, 06:08 PM
He's part of the problem, but our problems go so much deeper than any individual.

StannyCFCJET
10-04-2021, 06:11 PM
I wanted to Deans to get the top job but now he's showing he just doesn't have the coaching nous to take us forward. End of season mutual termination and start looking for a replacement now

The Dunster
10-04-2021, 06:25 PM
I would not be shocked if Deans hands in his resignation.

boz-monaut
10-04-2021, 07:14 PM
A 3pm game wtf.I thought it was 5 p.m. and missed the whole thing

worked out pretty well actually

10-04-2021, 07:26 PM
A crowd figure starting with a 3

Fold this shit show

We have no right being part of a National competition in our current state.

turbojetfireV8
10-04-2021, 08:43 PM
I would not be shocked if Deans hands in his resignation.

Unfortunately I think he will need to be sacked otherwise we'll be stuck with this uninspiring crap for the rest of the season - wonder whether Damian Zane is available on short notice...

10-04-2021, 09:18 PM
We won't be needing another coach.

Purely from a business perspective it makes sense for the 4 owners from the other clubs funding this shit show to fold it and recover what monies they have put in thus far from the sale of a license to Canberra or Wollongong.

After the 4 have recouped there monies then the balance of that license sale would be distributed amongst all club owners.

I would be very surprised and would think one would have to be very naive too not think this scenario is not debated amongst all the club owners over the coming weeks.

By any and every measure this club is just not viable, I find it hard to believe given what we have seen thus far from the current group they are NOT going to spend good money on bad in the pursuit of a sale of a club nobody gives SFA about.

This is the reality of the situation.

Ghost of Plague
10-04-2021, 09:39 PM
I have no idea why you blokes are bagging Deans out.
Its not like he took off 2 strikers and replaced them with a fullback and a statue whilst chasing the game against the worst team in the league.

Nope, Deans would never do that. Only a clueless clown would do that.

Some on here are so so cruel.

q-money
11-04-2021, 12:29 AM
i feel bad for backing dingo deans

i feel bad for being a jets fan

i feel bad

anfield
11-04-2021, 12:55 AM
I have no idea why you blokes are bagging Deans out.
Its not like he took off 2 strikers and replaced them with a fullback and a statue whilst chasing the game against the worst team in the league.

Nope, Deans would never do that. Only a clueless clown would do that.

Some on here are so so cruel.

The reality is the Jets don't have enough quality especially in the final third. The Jets always have plenty of possession and shots but can't produce where it matters on the scoreboard.

I say give Deans another year, BUT there must be a total overhaul of recruitment. Let's get some decent foreigners in, COVID19 can't be the excuse as other teams have brought in foreigners in. If the club are serious about backing the coach, let's give him some quality players.

Jeterpool
11-04-2021, 08:04 AM
Robbie slater is saying wsw are after millar and Koutroumbis

mge61
11-04-2021, 08:51 AM
Robbie slater is saying wsw are after millar and Koutroumbis
Mate if they want Millar I’ll go around today and pick him up and drive him down there.

StannyCFCJET
11-04-2021, 09:45 AM
The reality is the Jets don't have enough quality especially in the final third. The Jets always have plenty of possession and shots but can't produce where it matters on the scoreboard.

I say give Deans another year, BUT there must be a total overhaul of recruitment. Let's get some decent foreigners in, COVID19 can't be the excuse as other teams have brought in foreigners in. If the club are serious about backing the coach, let's give him some quality players.

No. His tactics and in game management is terrible

The Dunster
11-04-2021, 10:16 AM
Back in January 2021 Mattiske said:

“The uncertainty that has overshadowed the Jets in recent times has been removed and the Club now has a strong financial foundation to support its drive for further success in the A-League and W-League.”

How could anyone take this bloke seriously?

anfield
11-04-2021, 10:26 AM
No. His tactics and in game management is terrible

The Jets play some decent football, they haven't had the players to compete since the grand final loss 3 years back. It's time to step up the foreign players, Roy has been a solid player but what other foreigner of note has been in the squad since the grand final loss?

A tradesmen can only work with the equipment provided, Deans can only work with what he has got. Compare our squad to most, we don't have the firepower to compete with others.

Bremsstrahlung
11-04-2021, 10:47 AM
The Jets play some decent football, they haven't had the players to compete since the grand final loss 3 years back. It's time to step up the foreign players, Roy has been a solid player but what other foreigner of note has been in the squad since the grand final loss?

A tradesmen can only work with the equipment provided, Deans can only work with what he has got. Compare our squad to most, we don't have the firepower to compete with others.

I’d say our success rate with foreign players is incredibly poor.
Odonovan is Aussie now right?

I feel like Deans is doing an okay job, all things considered.
Not really satisfied with an “okay job” though. Not an “okay” team.
Can I see Deans recruiting strong talent to improve our squad? Probably not.
Should try and get any Olyroos players not getting regular game time and at least do the nation a service and get them some match fitness ahead of Olympics.

Imo, we are in a pretty good position in terms of squad retention and a clean slate. If Western Unite and MacArthur can get a decent team together from scratch, there’s no reason we can’t. If central coast can be winning the comp, why can’t we.

StannyCFCJET
11-04-2021, 10:54 AM

game in the balance, Yuel and Roy looking good and subs both them off for a midfielder and Hoff who rarely scores. As for the decent football, It's only happened a few times this season

Ghost of Plague
11-04-2021, 11:01 AM

Huh?

Oh, the old 'not my cattle' excuse.
Deans picked the match day squad. He had no real attacking options on the bench.
He then dragged 2 attacking options and replaced them with people who aren't attacking options.
We then completed our mission of losing the game.
The squad set up, tactics and subs are all on Deans.
He failed last night. Its not a difficult one just to point that out.

Frodo
11-04-2021, 12:46 PM
I'm sorry to be that guy again. But if any of you thought we would be competitive this year and are disappointed, that's your own fault. Not the club's.

Our aim for this season was to not fold. We are literally being bankrolled by our rivals. Did some of you really think we were going to make the finals with a team being paid for by the other teams? Are they going to spend their cash signing marquee players for us and find the best young Aussie talent to come here instead of their own clubs?

WSW footed some of the bill and are picking apart the carcass of our squad for anything they like, that's fine. If we lose all the quality in our squad but have a team still in the league when another set of owners decide to waste their money on us, that's amazing.

If you've dropped your expectations down to correct level but still have issues with team selection or whatever, go nuts. But we are 100% not sacking Dean's until the club either folds or is bought. If you don't like him, unfortunately your choices are to buy the club yourself, or hope they pull the plug like 380 does. Which is a totally ok option. Personally, I want to have a team to support once that filthy scumbag McKinna finally shuffles his fat arse back down the F3 and is never seen again. Just to laugh at him for failing in his aim to fold his true clubs rivals from within.

StannyCFCJET
11-04-2021, 12:58 PM
I'm sorry to be that guy again. But if any of you thought we would be competitive this year and are disappointed, that's your own fault. Not the club's.

Our aim for this season was to not fold. We are literally being bankrolled by our rivals. Did some of you really think we were going to make the finals with a team being paid for by the other teams? Are they going to spend their cash signing marquee players for us and find the best young Aussie talent to come here instead of their own clubs?

WSW footed some of the bill and are picking apart the carcass of our squad for anything they like, that's fine. If we lose all the quality in our squad but have a team still in the league when another set of owners decide to waste their money on us, that's amazing.

If you've dropped your expectations down to correct level but still have issues with team selection or whatever, go nuts. But we are 100% not sacking Dean's until the club either folds or is bought. If you don't like him, unfortunately your choices are to buy the club yourself, or hope they pull the plug like 380 does. Which is a totally ok option. Personally, I want to have a team to support once that filthy scumbag McKinna finally shuffles his fat arse back down the F3 and is never seen again. Just to laugh at him for failing in his aim to fold his true clubs rivals from within.

He poored his own money into the club to keep it from closing, You have nothing to support without him now or in the future, NADA NIL NOTHING. If thats trying to fold a club then he's doing a shit job

R Ramjet
11-04-2021, 02:35 PM
We have a weak limited squad with an inexperienced head coach.
Its the same as when we had Mark Jones and Phil Stubbins and we are getting the same results.
Its hard to see Deans lifting us out of this hole.
Its also hard to see this ownership model lifting us out of this hole either.
If we dont have a new owner next year then i expect our ownership consortium would gladly sell our licence to the highest bidder.
I dont think our future is as secure as this ownership was boasting about when they came on board.

Ghost of Plague
11-04-2021, 03:59 PM

Superman can fly.
Aquaman can swim.
Wonder Woman can be a smokeshow.

My superpower is the ability to recognise how shit our club is, and still find even more shit things every week to discuss.

Its a gift.

Ghost of Plague
11-04-2021, 04:00 PM
Legit question, why was Ugabooga left out of the squad last week?
Was it the impending move?
If so then why was he on the bench yesterday?

Ghost of Plague
11-04-2021, 04:03 PM
He poored his own money into the club to keep it from closing, You have nothing to support without him now or in the future, NADA NIL NOTHING. If thats trying to fold a club then he's doing a shit job

Nah, racking up $12m in debt is a pretty good way to screw a business over.
Not saying he did it all, and no he didn't do it intentionally. But he was in charge while it happened.

And that matters.

StannyCFCJET
11-04-2021, 04:17 PM
Legit question, why was Ugabooga left out of the squad last week?
Was it the impending move?
If so then why was he on the bench yesterday?

Back Injury the club said

StannyCFCJET
11-04-2021, 04:18 PM
Not saying he did it all, and no he didn't do it intentionally. But he was in charge while it happened.

And that matters.

Yeah but Doubt he had any say in it and if he resigned we wouldve been ****ed cause then noone is fighting to keep our club alive

11-04-2021, 04:49 PM
We have a weak limited squad with an inexperienced head coach.
Its the same as when we had Mark Jones and Phil Stubbins and we are getting the same results.
Its hard to see Deans lifting us out of this hole.
Its also hard to see this ownership model lifting us out of this hole either.
If we dont have a new owner next year then i expect our ownership consortium would gladly sell our licence to the highest bidder.
I dont think our future is as secure as this ownership was boasting about when they came on board.

Damn right. At the end of the day the other club owners owe the jets nothing, They along with the quartet currently funding the operation will make decisions on what is best for them and the League going forward and funds will always be at the pointy end of there considerations.

Results, off field support ie membership and sponsorship revenues are all abysmal. By any KPI there decision making process is becoming easier.

The environment the Jets are trading in will also come under the microscope, How many local businesses would be stepping up to provide offering goods and services on credit knowing how many have gone before them and got burnt extending credit.

Said it before we should have sat out this season when it was a consideration and got our house in order instead of running what was left into the ground.

StannyCFCJET
11-04-2021, 04:54 PM
Damn right. At the end of the day the other club owners owe the jets nothing, They along with the quartet currently funding the operation will make decisions on what is best for them and the League going forward and funds will always be at the pointy end of there considerations.

Results, off field support ie membership and sponsorship revenues are all abysmal. By any KPI there decision making process is becoming easier.

The environment the Jets are trading in will also come under the microscope, How many local businesses would be stepping up to provide offering goods and services on credit knowing how many have gone before them and got burnt extending credit.

Said it before we should have sat out this season when it was a consideration and got our house in order instead of running what was left into the ground.

We would never of come back if we sat it out IMO

anfield
11-04-2021, 05:29 PM
Huh?

Oh, the old 'not my cattle' excuse.
Deans picked the match day squad. He had no real attacking options on the bench.
He then dragged 2 attacking options and replaced them with people who aren't attacking options.
We then completed our mission of losing the game.
The squad set up, tactics and subs are all on Deans.
He failed last night. Its not a difficult one just to point that out.

Deans inherited the squad, not a difficult one to point out.

StannyCFCJET
11-04-2021, 05:41 PM

Doesnt excuse his poor tactical and in game choices

Jeterpool
11-04-2021, 05:52 PM

Base of the squad Robinson inherited and got much better out of them

Thomas477
11-04-2021, 06:47 PM
Yeah but Doubt he had any say in it and if he resigned we wouldve been ****ed cause then noone is fighting to keep our club alive

And that matters.

Central coast racked up approx $550 million in debt before an administrator was appointed. Lawrie was Mayor for 4 years 4 years before this happened....

I’m not saying he’s entirely to blame, but jeez, he doesn’t have a good business record...

As for Deans, he’s signed quite a few players, Duncan, the Indonesian, the guy from Malaysia, Yuel, AP, Prso, Abbas. That’s near enough to a third of the squad, I don’t buy the “not his squad” excuse.

skullboy
11-04-2021, 11:23 PM
Mate if they want Millar I’ll go around today and pick him up and drive him down there.

Do you need petrol money?

Bremsstrahlung
12-04-2021, 08:18 AM
Yeh, look, appreciate it was a nice gesture to put in his “own money”. Also agree that all this rubbish happened with him at the helm.
Wouldn’t surprise me if it was a bit of PR ahead of his caravan business on the coast, or whatever venture he’s undertaking there. Bit of a Bad look to have racked up significant debt in previous positions. Putting in some of your own money looks a little better for the gullible coasties parting with their food stamps.

As for Deans. I think he showed enough in the early parts of the season to warrant a shot at gig. Was getting some good results and performances.
Has he convinced me he deaerves another year to put his mark on things? Not at all yet.

New coach, 2 year contract, only allowed to sign players to 2 years unless approved by club Eg local or upcoming olyroo/socceroo, be on track to make finals midway through season 2 or sacked, make finals, extension.
Seems some clubs seem to be able rustle up a new team, new coach and compete, whereas we end up resorting to not my team excuses.

New owners need to put their money on the line to prove to supporters and potential sponsors that they are investing. Otherwise, people have been burned too many times. How many “new dawns” have we had? Same story.

The Dunster
12-04-2021, 09:21 AM
Uga's back injury stems from carrying our midfield since 2016.

Jeterpool
12-04-2021, 09:31 AM
Uga's back injury stems from carrying our midfield since 2016.

Yep! Agree

Superdylan
13-04-2021, 01:14 AM
Up for the game tonight. Missed the last 2 games with commitments so somewhat keen.

Anyone from the foz making the game?

Somehow we are favourites too.

Couscous
13-04-2021, 09:22 AM
I can't make it.

I won't be able to make any more games this season. I'm still a fan but I feel let down by the Deans decision. We need an owner ASAP.

The Dunster
13-04-2021, 03:53 PM
If Millar starts tonight I'd like to see Deans hand him the captaincy as well - so our young fans aren't under any illusions about how much the clubs management hates them.

StannyCFCJET
13-04-2021, 04:24 PM
If Millar starts tonight I'd like to see Deans hand him the captaincy as well - so our young fans aren't under any illusions about how much the clubs management hates them.

Deans seems to have a few favoutires , Learnt too much from Ernie

Thomas477
13-04-2021, 05:58 PM
Going to throw it out there, this will be our line up
Italiano
Miller, topor, Jackson, otoole
Prso, thurgate, remy
AP, Yuel and Roy,

Maybe throw ugga in instead of one of the midfield three?

StannyCFCJET
13-04-2021, 06:55 PM
Going to throw it out there, this will be our line up
Italiano
Miller, topor, Jackson, otoole
Prso, thurgate, remy
AP, Yuel and Roy,

Maybe throw ugga in instead of one of the midfield three?

Yuel is on the bench swapped with Hoff. Deans has lost the plot. Perf will exploit the **** out of Millar slacking off defensively

Frodo
13-04-2021, 07:41 PM
Deans seems to have a few favoutires , Learnt too much from Ernie

Helpful tips from your friendly local Hobbit/Ring fancier, you could just make this your own signature to save you having to type it out every day. When we get a new coach you just change the first name and continue on, yea?

Thomas477
13-04-2021, 07:41 PM
Yuel is on the bench swapped with Hoff. Deans has lost the plot. Perf will exploit the **** out of Millar slacking off defensively

Yeah, should’ve seen that one coming.

belchardo
13-04-2021, 08:03 PM
Reporting in for tonight's edition of gouging my eyes out with a rusty spoon.

belchardo
13-04-2021, 08:04 PM
Next level kick off. Deans is evolving as a coach.

Ghost of Plague
13-04-2021, 08:07 PM
Deans should be fired for that stupid kick-off routine alone.
It never works.

StannyCFCJET
13-04-2021, 08:08 PM
Helpful tips from your friendly local Hobbit/Ring fancier, you could just make this your own signature to save you having to type it out every day. When we get a new coach you just change the first name and continue on, yea?

If the shoe fits I'll keep saying it

Ghost of Plague
13-04-2021, 08:08 PM
Also, if they can play on this ground then move our home games to #2 now.

Frodo
13-04-2021, 08:22 PM
If the shoe fits I'll keep saying it

IF the shoe actually fit in this instance it would make a whole lot more sense. But you do you Stanny.

belchardo
13-04-2021, 08:25 PM
NTS dribbling up the field seems to be a better attacking option than anything else I've seen.

Ghost of Plague
13-04-2021, 08:42 PM
The fact no one has told Italiano to shave his head shows a complete lack of leadership and duty of care at the club.

Deans showing his inexperience again.

Retro Jet
13-04-2021, 08:49 PM
Geria never scored in 100 and something games?
Nailed on to score tonight then...

Bremsstrahlung
13-04-2021, 09:01 PM
Thinking we are playing better than Perth. What happened to them?
Enjoy seeing Hoffman tbh. Think he does well. Wouldn’t mind him and Millar swapping for a bit.
Hoffman probably should have at least got a decent shot away on goal.
Donovan hasn’t done much tbh.

Frodo
13-04-2021, 09:26 PM
Jackson never seems switched on enough for my liking. Anyone could have seen that run from Keogh but Jackson, and of course Chianese is the one who's gonna score against us now that Chris Harold has left. Lachie seems to have the attributes, just not the smarts to match.

Retro Jet
13-04-2021, 09:35 PM
Prso: Shoulda let Geria bundle him :rof:

Bremsstrahlung
13-04-2021, 09:43 PM
2.5k in Coffs

StannyCFCJET
13-04-2021, 09:47 PM
Are we only allowed 1 sub?

Retro Jet
13-04-2021, 09:59 PM
Are we only allowed 1 sub?

2 apparently...

Mark325
13-04-2021, 10:40 PM
how we managed to level it to 1-1 at the 67th minute, and Deans waited till the 88th to bring on Ali Abbas is beyond me

Not saying it would have changed the result, but **** that is so incompetent its crazy

13-04-2021, 11:23 PM
Deans use of subs not just this week but over many weeks has been highly questionable.

I think back to the game v smurfs ( Kogorah ) where Corica made 3 changes about the 57th min and those changes started to swing the game well and truly back to the smurfs. Dean was about the only person in this universe who did not see that momentum swing unfold in front of him. His belated changes in that game were perplexing not too mention last weekend and now this evening.

Its almost like he loses his situational awareness of the game.

turbojetfireV8
13-04-2021, 11:30 PM
11th v 10th, last 10min, and I swear he's instructed them to hold on for the draw...

Bremsstrahlung
14-04-2021, 06:13 AM
11th v 10th, last 10min, and I swear he's instructed them to hold on for the draw...

I would too if my name was gonna be next to an 8 game losing streak.

Frodo
14-04-2021, 09:33 AM
I would too if my name was gonna be next to an 8 game losing streak.

Couldn't agree more Brem. At this point I swear some people seem to think we should be fighting for top spot with this squad.

We were 7 games without a point and it was end to end stuff. Dean's obviously told them to sit a little deeper and not allow Keogh or Ikonomidis in behind. Which meant their only weapon was Bruno, who we doubled up on. Simple tactics.

Wed made the attacking change with Yuel coming on. That gave us 2 speedy forwards either side of Roy to get at them on the counter with 3 CMs to block the centre of the pitch. Abbas was only brought on for fresh legs and we know he only has 10-20 mins on them at full pace. Krasniqi sits on the ball too long and could have cost us big time if he lost it close to our goal.

This was one of Dean's better games as coach IMO. Got a point against a Perth side who will likely shoot back up the table now they have their frontline sorted. Losing to Victory obviously knocked a few players heads around I'd hope, this is something to build off of.

Jeterpool
14-04-2021, 10:41 AM
Couldn't agree more Brem. At this point I swear some people seem to think we should be fighting for top spot with this squad.

We were 7 games without a point and it was end to end stuff. Dean's obviously told them to sit a little deeper and not allow Keogh or Ikonomidis in behind. Which meant their only weapon was Bruno, who we doubled up on. Simple tactics.

Wed made the attacking change with Yuel coming on. That gave us 2 speedy forwards either side of Roy to get at them on the counter with 3 CMs to block the centre of the pitch. Abbas was only brought on for fresh legs and we know he only has 10-20 mins on them at full pace. Krasniqi sits on the ball too long and could have cost us big time if he lost it close to our goal.

This was one of Dean's better games as coach IMO. Got a point against a Perth side who will likely shoot back up the table now they have their frontline sorted. Losing to Victory obviously knocked a few players heads around I'd hope, this is something to build off of.

No way we should be fighting for the top, but I want us to show a bit of heart - or promise of what might come next year.

The interplay that drew the penalty was by far our best passage of the night.

But by god, we need to overhaul the midfield.

Frodo
14-04-2021, 11:38 AM
But by god, we need to overhaul the midfield.

Am I correct in that Thurgate (21) was our only CM signed permanently with the club last night? Prso (20) and Rami (20) are both on loan until the end of the season so quite clearly we have a midfield rebuild on our hands if we stay in the comp next year.

Jeterpool
14-04-2021, 12:14 PM
Am I correct in that Thurgate (21) was our only CM signed permanently with the club last night? Prso (20) and Rami (20) are both on loan until the end of the season so quite clearly we have a midfield rebuild on our hands if we stay in the comp next year.

Correct

Mark325
14-04-2021, 02:02 PM

I agree with this to an extent, but we were also going into that game level with last place, and I would like to imagine Deans would like to avoid getting a wooden spoon

Bremsstrahlung
14-04-2021, 02:30 PM
I’m okay with the draw and not pushing. I don’t think we looked likely nor deserved 2 more points.
I’m okay to take a point and say alright guys, no losing streak, you got a point, let’s build.
More interested in next few weeks, if we can build.
We look impressive in some moments, but then absolute trash in others.

turbojetfireV8
15-04-2021, 12:03 AM
There may be a bunch of sad bastards in here that will support this sh*tshow to the end, but there are an increasing number of football fans who are voting with their feet at the sub-par performances that are getting progressively worse under Deans and I'm more worried that if we have no fans because we don't try to win we are in deep sh*t come end of season when the owners have to decide if the team really is viable, when the crowds get down to 1500 we'll see how attractive selling the licence to a Wollongong or Canberra will be to these guys who don't have any sentimentality about Newcastle's proud footballing history yada yada yada.

We've gone from mid to lower table hopefuls punching above our weight for the first part of the season who looked like there may be some sort of game plan happening - even if it was an artefact of last season's plan - to being nailed on favourites for the spoon with a coach whose best tactics are telling his players to park the bus which almost cost us the draw because if there's one thing we've show in recent games is we aren't any good at parking the f*cker, there's too many holes at the back when we go defensive mode, we may as well kick the ball in the net for the other team and be done with it.

I'm starting to worry putting a numpty like Deans in charge was a guarantee for failure and excuse to sell the licence to a new franchise, his brand of football is already turning the punters away slowly but surely, were they anticipating he couldn't do it so it would make their job easier to pull the plug?

15-04-2021, 02:30 AM
There may be a bunch of sad bastards in here that will support this sh*tshow to the end, but there are an increasing number of football fans who are voting with their feet at the sub-par performances that are getting progressively worse under Deans and I'm more worried that if we have no fans because we don't try to win we are in deep sh*t come end of season when the owners have to decide if the team really is viable, when the crowds get down to 1500 we'll see how attractive selling the licence to a Wollongong or Canberra will be to these guys who don't have any sentimentality about Newcastle's proud footballing history yada yada yada.

We've gone from mid to lower table hopefuls punching above our weight for the first part of the season who looked like there may be some sort of game plan happening - even if it was an artefact of last season's plan - to being nailed on favourites for the spoon with a coach whose best tactics are telling his players to park the bus which almost cost us the draw because if there's one thing we've show in recent games is we aren't any good at parking the f*cker, there's too many holes at the back when we go defensive mode, we may as well kick the ball in the net for the other team and be done with it.

I'm starting to worry putting a numpty like Deans in charge was a guarantee for failure and excuse to sell the licence to a new franchise, his brand of football is already turning the punters away slowly but surely, were they anticipating he couldn't do it so it would make their job easier to pull the plug?

Bang on with everything there Turbo.

Our quartet of overlords did not make there cash operating like some sort of benevolent society. They are not going to continue pumping funds into a enterprise that requires too many $$$$$$ spent on it and not get a acceptable return on investment " when " and " if " they can find another victim to flip it to.

The moment this club as a whole adds less value to the League than a new license would or could we are gone. If the last home game attendance figure or the 50% drop in membership in one single season coupled with on field performances has not rammed reality home i am f%^&#d as too what will.

Bremsstrahlung
15-04-2021, 06:36 AM
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not happy with a draw, but I can understand why we settled. Can you imagine if we pushed for a winner and conceded? I doubt there would be too many thrilled people on here, there would be complaining about an 8 game losing streak, poor tactics from Deans to chase a win that we didn’t deserve after a lucky penalty and the fact we didn’t get a point when we had one for the taking.

12k, 9k, 7k and now 4K are the averages for the last 4 years.
Higher crowd averages than western and MacArthur who you’d have to expect are in their honeymoon phase trying to bed down members.
You could also argue these are affected by Covid. victory went from averaging 17k last year to 7k this year. The leagues crowds in general are pretty low compared to previous years.

I think as a community, we have showed that if there’s a team that fights and is successful (more important), they will attract a healthy support. Too many disappointing seasons and nothing really positive has happened. Best things from the last 2 years are Roy re-signing, Yuel being a forward that scores goals for a few weeks and a gold kit. I think the numbers for MacArthur and western show that another franchise doesn’t exactly bring better figures or more support the way the WSW gang did.

The league itself is at a big crossroads. Honestly, I’m not sure it can thrive. When your crossroads coincides with a pandemic, it makes things difficult.
Imo, that Manchester United Rumour could provide a bit of a lift for the league and bring in some profile players.
That said, we should be selling our pandemic life here. Had dinner with a friend out from UK and they were absolutely amazed that it was business as usual. Surely there’s a market for some players who want out of their restricted and diseased regions.

StannyCFCJET
15-04-2021, 08:10 AM
I raised the issue of low crowds and members slowly falling off being a factor for any new owners on Facey but was pretty much shot down. Don't know why people don't think it's an issue

Bremsstrahlung
15-04-2021, 08:52 AM
I raised the issue of low crowds and members slowly falling off being a factor for any new owners on Facey but was pretty much shot down. Don't know why people don't think it's an issue

All depends how they see it and how the current owners view it.
Do Current owners see it as a 10k members club or a 5k membership club potential and likewise for a potential buyer.
The population has grown, history shows that fans are reasonably loyal and patriotic when at least off the field happenings seem good spirited and I don’t see any reason why we can’t attract 10k members in the future with a competitive team and off field security.

The current poor numbers are due to
a) covid and uncertainty surrounding crowd attendance during the membership drive. Most of the clubs membership would be renewals and when there’s no crowds and a threat of no crowds throughout the season, they hold off and there’s been zero on field reason to renew.
B) squad. Average squad. Nobody expected us to do anything special this season.
C) losing you coach and Ibini saga leaves a poor taste
D)related to C and B, our future is up in the air, owner didn’t want us, didn’t invest, talks of folding, nobody is gonna put down membership with this basket case.

Fix this and I think we are at least a 5k membership club easily.

15-04-2021, 09:25 AM

Because they delusional and have quickly forgotten our current overlords took this place over as a flip it opportunity.

At some point when the flip it value is not worth there time and effort they will walk away and recover there costs from FA selling a license sale to another region.

One would have to be really naive to think those types of discussions have not already taken place between FA and those other bidders who missed out in the past to assess whether there interest still remained and what they were prepared to offer for a license. All smart business people have options ready to go with.

StannyCFCJET
15-04-2021, 09:52 AM
Because they delusional and have quickly forgotten our current overlords took this place over as a flip it opportunity.

At some point when the flip it value is not worth there time and effort they will walk away and recover there costs from FA selling a license sale to another region.

One would have to be really naive to think those types of discussions have not already taken place between FA and those other bidders who missed out in the past to assess whether there interest still remained and what they were prepared to offer for a license. All smart business people have options ready to go with.

Exactly my line of thinking

Couscous
15-04-2021, 09:58 AM
The current poor numbers are due to
a) covid and uncertainty surrounding crowd attendance during the membership drive. Most of the clubs membership would be renewals and when there’s no crowds and a threat of no crowds throughout the season, they hold off and there’s been zero on field reason to renew.
B) squad. Average squad. Nobody expected us to do anything special this season.
C) losing you coach and Ibini saga leaves a poor taste
D)related to C and B, our future is up in the air, owner didn’t want us, didn’t invest, talks of folding, nobody is gonna put down membership with this basket case.

e) Hiring Deans was a signal to fans to switch off for now. It was a decision that this season does not matter.

The Dunster
15-04-2021, 10:17 AM
Hard to see any positives drawing with Perth when Castro was absent through injury.

Frodo
15-04-2021, 11:50 AM
The Jets basically folded when Martin Lee had the licence stripped from him. If the FFA wanted to hand the licence to anyone else they would have right then and there.

BUT, all those teams who were lining up have lost money during Covid and don't have the funds ready any more. So the other 4 teams stepped in to save us in order to keep the TV rights and stuff. Basically they stood to lose more by letting us fold than it cost to run us for a season on a shoe string. WSW have even worked out they can pick up a few first team players to cover the costs further.

So once this season is done and the talks begin for next season there are 3 choices. Sell us to a potential owner and cover back most of the costs for this current season. Fold us and sell the licence to another team and cover back most of the costs of this season. Keep bankrolling us for another year until option 1 or 2 become feasible.

Option 1 and 2 both net them the same funds, but they know we are an area that can attract crowds. So if given the choice, they'd obviously choose to keep us. We just need to hope that a new owner can be found before another team wanting a licence can rummage up the cash to pay the fee. Simple as that.

Frodo
15-04-2021, 11:55 AM
Hard to see any positives drawing with Perth when Castro was absent through injury.

Yeah, I mean a team with Fornaroli, Ikonomidis, Chianese, Kilkenny and Keogh are much worse than ours. Lmao.

They scored 18 goals in the first 6 games with Garcia in charge. Then they obviously tried to tighten up at the back and lost their forward impetus. Us opening up completely with their Ikonomidis and Chianese back would have been suicide. Castro or not they are a strong side.

StannyCFCJET
15-04-2021, 02:04 PM
When were going well sure crowds pick up and decently as well but I remember the year we made the GF under Merrick, end of the season before finals we lost a few games in a row and crowds once again dropped off a fair bit. We were even guaranteed finals at that point and it wasn't enough.

The Dunster
15-04-2021, 02:18 PM
Perth had a 1-1 draw with the most out of form team in the competition.

Not only that but an out of form team with key players unavailable through injury.

If Castro played they would have destroyed us.

belchardo
18-04-2021, 05:20 PM
I just hope our boys believe they too can concede 7 goals today.

Jeterpool
18-04-2021, 08:12 PM
Bloody victory... think they can take OUR spoon. Bloody entitled they are

Bremsstrahlung
18-04-2021, 08:20 PM
I’ll never really understand why we can’t wear our home kit sometimes.
I’ve never paid too much attention though.
But tonight seems silly that both teams are rocking light tops and dark bottoms while our home kit would be more contrasting imo.

Would also like to point out that shorts obviously don’t fall into the “kit clash” debate anymore. Lots of navy vs black combos been going on this season.

Retro Jet
18-04-2021, 11:38 PM
Just watching mimi match now.
Yet another debutant handed a goal, Jackson with a moment of disorientation to forget.
Nice placement Stevie UG. Not easy from that distance.
82 min...Oh Roy. Coulda been the steal of the season.

Another point further from that Dark Bloo sh!t show down Sth but worried a 'change in coach' might herald enuf change to jump us.

Jeterpool
19-04-2021, 09:09 AM
Just noting that Angus Thurgate, Roy O'Donovan and Matt Millar are all 1 yellow card away from a week on the pine.

Thomas477
19-04-2021, 06:29 PM
Just noting that Angus Thurgate, Roy O'Donovan and Matt Millar are all 1 yellow card away from a week on the pine.

What’re the odds Deans will still play them if they’re suspended?

The Dunster
26-04-2021, 08:22 PM
Nice goal by Topor. Maybe next time he could put one past the opposition keeper instead.

Jeterpool
26-04-2021, 08:46 PM
Get the ball... lump it forward... turn it over...concede a chance... play it to centre back...repeat

StannyCFCJET
26-04-2021, 09:02 PM
Get the ball... lump it forward... turn it over...concede a chance... play it to centre back...repeat

Because no one looks before they pass and no one makes movement into space to recieve an open pass

The Dunster
26-04-2021, 09:06 PM
The club should have let Millar leave on a free transfer.
We should be developing Mauragis.

Frodo
26-04-2021, 09:13 PM

Isn't Millar's deal up at the end of the season as well?

Bremsstrahlung
26-04-2021, 09:14 PM
pitch looks pretty good considering run n cuddle played there 24 hours ago.
Whenever they play, the pitch is covered in "sokkah" lines

fmd, has anybody hit a seagull ever?

StannyCFCJET
26-04-2021, 09:14 PM
Isn't Millar's deal up at the end of the season as well?

Yeah so he try to go to Europe on a free

Jeterpool
26-04-2021, 09:23 PM
Because no one looks before they pass and no one makes movement into space to recieve an open pass

Making an observation mate. Many reasons why our build up is direct and lacking imagine

Frodo
26-04-2021, 09:24 PM

Just realised we play City next week. Probably a smart move to get the yellows on purpose and miss that game instead of something we have a chance of winning. If we want to be realistic I mean.

mic22
26-04-2021, 09:25 PM

This.
Makes you wonder what they are doing at training all week, when 60% of the game plan is giving the ball to Topor for a long pass... and god he can't pass!
The alternative is "give the ball to Millar" [facepalm]

Jeterpool
26-04-2021, 09:27 PM
Fail to win today and we equal club record winless streak of 10

Jeterpool
26-04-2021, 09:28 PM
Just realised we play City next week. Probably a smart move to get the yellows on purpose and miss that game instead of something we have a chance of winning. If we want to be realistic I mean.

Don't we play them Thursday?

Jeterpool
26-04-2021, 09:28 PM

Agree

Jeterpool
26-04-2021, 09:31 PM
FMD.... we bring on Abbas to do what?!

StannyCFCJET
26-04-2021, 09:31 PM
Can't see Deans here next year. All were seeing is regression and got no idea what his style or game plan is besides all age hoof ball

Jeterpool
26-04-2021, 09:33 PM
We're talking about re-signing players we already have... what do we expect will happen next season if we do?!?

StannyCFCJET
26-04-2021, 09:37 PM
There's also talk of resigning all our loan players. One can't stay fit, One has been underwhelming and the other two have barely got a look in

Jeterpool
26-04-2021, 09:39 PM
There's also talk of resigning all our loan players. One can't stay fit, One has been underwhelming and the other two have barely got a look in

Agree. I wouldn't want amy of them

StannyCFCJET
26-04-2021, 09:44 PM
Agree. I wouldn't want amy of them

I'd take Ramy but would also sign a number 10 as our main one

mic22
26-04-2021, 09:48 PM
I'd give a chance to Liridon.
There must be a yellow cards record he can break.

Frodo
26-04-2021, 09:53 PM
Can't see Deans here next year. All were seeing is regression and got no idea what his style or game plan is besides all age hoof ball

How do you suggest he's going to be sacked? We don't have any owners to make that decision and don't have funds to pay him out or funds to sign a new one. Dean's was already on a contact, he's likely getting paid the same salary and just sitting in a different chair right now.

We don't have any owners, I swear half of you lot have completely forgotten that we could fold at any point now, there is even a very strong chance that they've already made the decision to fold us up and give Canberra the licence next season and are just waiting until seasons end to announce it. We have a squad full of players who are either not good enough to start in the league, or if they are good enough to start are looking for new clubs to sign for before we do close up shop like Uga, Johny K and suprisingly to all of us Matt Millar. I wouldn't be surprised if Jackson and Thurgate are looking for clubs as well to secure their futures.

Personally I'm going to praise Deans for coming into a precarious position, on a sinking ship, and doing better than what Breb did with that Victory squad which cost 2 or 3 times what ours probably does. We've only had one spanking, the 4-1 loss to Adelaide, and have only lost by 2 goals once before tonight as well. I don't even think many other managers available would have this squad anywhere but bottom of the table, and I mean that truthfully.

The Dunster
26-04-2021, 09:55 PM
More reasons why euthanasia should be legalised.

StannyCFCJET
26-04-2021, 09:58 PM
How do you suggest he's going to be sacked? We don't have any owners to make that decision and don't have funds to pay him out or funds to sign a new one. Dean's was already on a contact, he's likely getting paid the same salary and just sitting in a different chair right now.

We don't have any owners, I swear half of you lot have completely forgotten that we could fold at any point now, there is even a very strong chance that they've already made the decision to fold us up and give Canberra the licence next season and are just waiting until seasons end to announce it. We have a squad full of players who are either not good enough to start in the league, or if they are good enough to start are looking for new clubs to sign for before we do close up shop like Uga, Johny K and suprisingly to all of us Matt Millar. I wouldn't be surprised if Jackson and Thurgate are looking for clubs as well to secure their futures.

Personally I'm going to praise Deans for coming into a precarious position, on a sinking ship, and doing better than what Breb did with that Victory squad which cost 2 or 3 times what ours probably does. We've only had one spanking, the 4-1 loss to Adelaide, and have only lost by 2 goals once before tonight as well. I don't even think many other managers available would have this squad anywhere but bottom of the table, and I mean that truthfully.

If this is what he's gonna dish up then we mose well fold. Club needs to get fans back to game and thats gonna start on the pitch. I was all for Deans but every he showed while interim manager has disspeapred and we are beyond woeful

Frodo
26-04-2021, 10:05 PM
If this is what he's gonna dish up then we mose well fold. Club needs to get fans back to game and thats gonna start on the pitch. I was all for Deans but every he showed while interim manager has disspeapred and we are beyond woeful

Give him an A League squad to work with before judging him. Imagine any other manager in the league looking at his bench and seeing 34 yr old Ali Abbas who's come out of retirement to help us out, that Krasniqi bloke who seem to enjoy controlling the ball specifically just to allow an opponent to come and take it and Maki Petratos. Everyone is doing their best, but we are obviously not at the same level as everyone else in the league ability wise this season.

Thomas477
26-04-2021, 10:10 PM

Actually, you’re wrong there. We do have owners, they’re the same owners as Sydney, wanderers, western United and someone else. This no owners BS is just that, BS.

Fact is unless they invest in the squad over the offseason, we’re done. Membership was 5k this year? You’ll be lucky to get 2k at this rate. Honestly, I fear for the club if Deans is still in charge next season and we haven’t significantly invested in the playing roster. I agree with Stanny too, if this is what Dean’s dishes out each week, the club might as well fold.

Praising Deans? He’s signed near half the damn squad! But yes, we must praise him for accepting a job where you have to do the bare minimum to keep it! Must take a lot of balls to steal a wage each week from such rich owners.

Give him an A League squad to work with before judging him. Imagine any other manager in the league looking at his bench and seeing 34 yr old Ali Abbas who's come out of retirement to help us out, that Krasniqi bloke who seem to enjoy controlling the ball specifically just to allow an opponent to come and take it and Maki Petratos. Everyone is doing their best, but we are obviously not at the same level as everyone else in the league ability wise this season.

Oh yes, we must give him a good squad to see how well he ****s it up. Having good players doesn’t hide shit tactics from the manager, look at victory. Fact is Deans never had any tactical idea, all the times he’s done the aleague he’s kept the same tactics as the previous manager. Every kick off is back to topor to hoof long. His Y-League and W-League aren’t great viewing either.

belchardo
26-04-2021, 10:21 PM
i just can't even work up the energy to get annoyed or angry.

we're terrible. there is no passion from pretty much every player. every player just seems angry at each other.

i don't have any faith in deans. i know we've got the worst squad in the league, but he never seems to try anything different. subs seem like an afterthought. he doesn't even seem to get mad enough to get a talking to from the fourth official.

what's worse than a basket case?

Frodo
26-04-2021, 10:52 PM
Actually, you’re wrong there. We do have owners, they’re the same owners as Sydney, wanderers, western United and someone else. This no owners BS is just that, BS.

Fact is unless they invest in the squad over the offseason, we’re done. Membership was 5k this year? You’ll be lucky to get 2k at this rate. Honestly, I fear for the club if Deans is still in charge next season and we haven’t significantly invested in the playing roster. I agree with Stanny too, if this is what Dean’s dishes out each week, the club might as well fold.

Praising Deans? He’s signed near half the damn squad! But yes, we must praise him for accepting a job where you have to do the bare minimum to keep it! Must take a lot of balls to steal a wage each week from such rich owners.

Ok. Obviously we have owners, I'm not implying that the club has folded already and I think everyone knew that. What I meant was that we don't have owners who hold a vested interest in our success. The clubs who are currently footing the bill are only doing so in order to keep enough teams in the league to meet there contractual obligations in order to get paid the TV deal. If we finish first or last, so long as they don't have to spend any extra funds, they don't care. We just have to float along until someone can buy the licence off them, that's all.

Hopefully the new owners want to keep the licence here in Newcastle, but I don't think even the A League has a choice right now, they just need to focus on meeting those contractual obligations first. If Canberra has the money first, they get a team and we have to start again, that's the honest truth of the situation. It sucks balls, but we don't have a say in it anymore as a club, unless we find new owners who want to stay local of course, which is the dream.

This insecurity is also going to wreak havoc on the playing group as well. Hence why I'm a little more lenient than most. These are human beings with families and mouths to feed, you can't tell me that having the cloud of no club to play for next year no matter how well you play isn't going to affect their mental health and therefore their performances on the field.

Again, I'm more lenient to Dean's because the club would have told him that the owners didn't want to spend any extra funds so he was being offered the job. He could only spend close to the minimum cap amount and there were also struggling to fill the player quota before the first week. Hence why Abbas came out of retirement (I could be wrong there but I though he hadn't played since 2018 when he was at the Nix youth squad helping out, happy to be proven wrong here) to fill a spot before we got it trouble. Then we found a few kids to play on loan to fill out the remaining squad positions, Prso and Ramy, and after a short while we gave the two guys from Malaysia a go, neither of which look good enough for the league IMO.

We are in serious trouble here, and unfortunately sacking Deans isn't a possibility until we have to new owners I don't think.

26-04-2021, 11:22 PM
So many in our starting 11 would be lucky to get a spot on the bench at any other club.

Based on this seasons results and coaching staff who the hell would want to come here to play.

Membership has dropped by 50% on this TLY and will be pushing shit up hill to get half of the 5k again who backed up this season.

We play the ugliest most predictable shit of any team, Just like the sort of stuff Deans W League sides have produced over the years. Can't keep possession and can't complete enough passes in a game to save ourselves.

And yes we do have owners as previously stated, All 4 of them but anyone who thinks they are going to tip in sufficient funds between them to make us a more competitive out fit than there respective " real full time commitment " clubs then people really do need to get there heads checked.

The club off the field is a shit show and the blokes running around on the park are made of individuals who could not give a f%^K, Not good enough and should be back in a NPL or finally just past there best.

If the three identified owners and the invisible one do not intend to provide more and sufficient resources they may as well just GTFO and fold the joint.

Do it properly or put it down. The sort of crap that has been served up this season is just plain BS and not fit enough standard for what a national competition should look like.

I have absolutely no doubt discussions would be taking place between APL Chair Lederer and interested parties from both the ACT and Wollongong. Both those regions without too much trouble could offer what we are as a bare minimum minus the years of debt and destruction.

Ghost of Plague
26-04-2021, 11:27 PM
Ok. Obviously we have owners, I'm not implying that the club has folded already and I think everyone knew that. What I meant was that we don't have owners who hold a vested interest in our success. The clubs who are currently footing the bill are only doing so in order to keep enough teams in the league to meet there contractual obligations in order to get paid the TV deal. If we finish first or last, so long as they don't have to spend any extra funds, they don't care. We just have to float along until someone can buy the licence off them, that's all.

Hopefully the new owners want to keep the licence here in Newcastle, but I don't think even the A League has a choice right now, they just need to focus on meeting those contractual obligations first. If Canberra has the money first, they get a team and we have to start again, that's the honest truth of the situation. It sucks balls, but we don't have a say in it anymore as a club, unless we find new owners who want to stay local of course, which is the dream.

This insecurity is also going to wreak havoc on the playing group as well. Hence why I'm a little more lenient than most. These are human beings with families and mouths to feed, you can't tell me that having the cloud of no club to play for next year no matter how well you play isn't going to affect their mental health and therefore their performances on the field.

Again, I'm more lenient to Dean's because the club would have told him that the owners didn't want to spend any extra funds so he was being offered the job. He could only spend close to the minimum cap amount and there were also struggling to fill the player quota before the first week. Hence why Abbas came out of retirement (I could be wrong there but I though he hadn't played since 2018 when he was at the Nix youth squad helping out, happy to be proven wrong here) to fill a spot before we got it trouble. Then we found a few kids to play on loan to fill out the remaining squad positions, Prso and Ramy, and after a short while we gave the two guys from Malaysia a go, neither of which look good enough for the league IMO.

We are in serious trouble here, and unfortunately sacking Deans isn't a possibility until we have to new owners I don't think.

Wait, so you want some sort of measured, rational approach that results in some sort of long term stability?
What fun is that old son?
I want a despot in there sacking the tea lady and commissioning statues of himself with the last few pesos that remain in the kitty.

Burn the place down, ill be there to toss some fuel on. And once we get that out of our system, we look ahead to yet another phoenix rising from the ashes in order to disappoint us for another few generations.

Couscous
27-04-2021, 12:39 AM
I was excited to see Krasniqi play today.

Pity he's shit.

Bremsstrahlung
27-04-2021, 06:45 AM
I still think a competitive team in Newcastle attracts more fans than Canberra and Wollongong.
Canberra NRL crowds have been around 15,000 who have had a few successful years. Super Rugby Brumbies crowds are around 7k from what I could find. I don’t think Wollongong would come close imo.

Give us a competitive team and we will turn up. Success is everything now. Every supporter of the Jets can see what is happening, and they are saying they don’t like it, by not attending.
The league itself is suffering atm. Covid was a factor that turned people away, and many haven’t gone back. Simon Hill mentions it. It’s the emotion and passion that made the a league great when it was in full flight, chanting supporters and bays bouncing with fans, it was a joy to watch.
The league need to make sure they are engaging those fans again. WSW and supporters made the league better, then ruined it. Now, it’s harder to win back old fans with the same product than it is to attract new fans originally.

I’m terms of the Jets. They are evoking apathy. This forum could easily get 10 pages on a game after we all read through Jeterpools stats which cover every aspect of the game from score, crowd to the colour boots a goal scorer wore (right?). Passionate bunch. And we are still here.
Deans. I had no problem with his appointment at the time. He was getting results with this squad. As Frodo says, he ain’t doing a bad job with this bunch. Is he filling me with excitement and hope? Nah. In order of my hope:
1. New coach, new core squad, 1-2 well known marquee type players to get some excitement and a respected coach.
2. 1-2 marquee type players that have pedigree and experience to generate some excitement. deans gets a go.
3. Fold.
4. Deans stays. Squad stays. “Full pre season to allow players to get fitness up and allow deans time to bed in his tactics. We welcome back Ben Kanta and Boogs to the squad. Deans says, we virtually have 2 new players coming in, with Boogs and Kanta. We didn’t see them much. So they are new.”

Frodo
27-04-2021, 08:35 AM
Just want to clarify as well.

I don't think Canberra is a better option for the league than us, I'm just saying that they have a bid ready and may have the funds available as we speak to pay the fee at season's end. That's my fear.

The League would rather sell us to a new owner AND add in new teams, but if given the choice between taking some cash in their hands to spend on their own clubs during a pandemic hit economy or waiting and funding us for a longer period whilst waiting for someone to come buy the Jets as a whole, I think I know which one makes more sense unfortunately.

And everyone who noted that poor crowd numbers will help make up the current ownership groups mind is also correct.

Jeterpool
27-04-2021, 09:14 AM
As Brem says, there's an apathy about the club - I honestly can't be arsed putting the weekly stats up anymore. Something I had done for what...5 years straight? I'm over feeling like this and being in this poisiton.

Anyway, some stats:

1. 10 consecutive winless matches now. 5th time this has happened to us in the A-League and equal our A-League record. Our competitive matches record is 11 - we lost an FFA Cup game at the end of one of those runs.
2. 0.68 points per game. Second worst rate in our history. Worst was the Stubbins season which was at 0.61.
3. Roy will miss the next match. First time he's missed a match for us through accumulation of yellow cards. Strange but true.
4. 2 points from our last 10 matches - lowest rate in our clubs history and only the second time it's been that low - that was under the Mark Jones era where we died in the arse at the end of the season.
5. 16 goals from 19 matches - our equal lowest tally in history at this stage of a season. Season it's equal with is Phil Stubbins season. Oddly, we have been tracking EXACTLY the same in goals scored as the Stubbins era since Rd 14!

Jeterpool
27-04-2021, 09:22 AM
The concern I have is that we are in the media suggesting we want to re-sign on loan Luka Prso and Ramy Najjarine who both showed some early flashes but overall aren't showing anything (in my opinion).

We've re-signed our bench keeper, two left backs, our youth striker and the one midfielder we have. There's lately been media about re-signing NTS, Boogaard and Jackson too.

Firstly, what do we expect to achieve if we do re-sign these loanees and existing players? Anything different from what we are currently seeing?

And secondly, where we have players that will be here next season, we should be playing them. Mauragis - put him left wing (where he's actually looked quite capable). Give Archie Goodwin 30 minute every match. If this season is a write off, lets use it to start bringing in at least players we see having a future that are currently blocked by players who won't be here next year.

Frodo
27-04-2021, 09:41 AM
If there was transfer fees allowed between clubs, this season could have been completely different. We would have played kids all year in the hopes to find some gems and repay some debts we have, I know that's hard in a pandemic and with other clubs owners taking their share of the profits, but it would at least give us something to play for even if we get a spoon. I would rather come watch kids improving each week then players like Millar doing the same things wrong that he did last season and knowing that he's leaving next year anyways, just using him as an example there's 5 or 6 others like him in this squad.

The Dunster
27-04-2021, 09:44 AM
Deans starting Millar every week is proof enough he's not the right person for the job.

Couscous
27-04-2021, 12:29 PM
The appointment of Deans was a catastrophic mistake. It said very clearly that this club will only have a future if it is sold quickly.

Frodo
27-04-2021, 12:47 PM
The appointment of Deans was a catastrophic mistake. It said very clearly that this club will only have a future if it is sold quickly.

I mean, what could have made you think we had a future any other way?

I am asking seriously, does anyone else have some other idea for how we survive this without something like City sports group coming in and buying us? I just don't think the product itself is doing well enough for a local millionaire to walk in and prop us up for a few years.

27-04-2021, 01:03 PM

I am asking seriously, does anyone else have some other idea for how we survive this without something like City sports group coming in and buying us? I just don't think the product itself is doing well enough for a local millionaire to walk in and prop us up for a few years.

You nailed it. The product has been run into the ground. Even when the current bill payers were adding to our squad they were adding just numbers with no real quality to give our on field efforts a fighting chance.

belchardo
27-04-2021, 01:14 PM
As Brem says, there's an apathy about the club - I honestly can't be arsed putting the weekly stats up anymore. Something I had done for what...5 years straight? I'm over feeling like this and being in this poisiton.

Anyway, some stats:

1. 10 consecutive winless matches now. 5th time this has happened to us in the A-League and equal our A-League record. Our competitive matches record is 11 - we lost an FFA Cup game at the end of one of those runs.
2. 0.68 points per game. Second worst rate in our history. Worst was the Stubbins season which was at 0.61.
3. Roy will miss the next match. First time he's missed a match for us through accumulation of yellow cards. Strange but true.
4. 2 points from our last 10 matches - lowest rate in our clubs history and only the second time it's been that low - that was under the Mark Jones era where we died in the arse at the end of the season.
5. 16 goals from 19 matches - our equal lowest tally in history at this stage of a season. Season it's equal with is Phil Stubbins season. Oddly, we have been tracking EXACTLY the same in goals scored as the Stubbins era since Rd 14!

Re number 3 - Roy normally goes straight for the red card option. 🤣

belchardo
27-04-2021, 01:15 PM
The concern I have is that we are in the media suggesting we want to re-sign on loan Luka Prso and Ramy Najjarine who both showed some early flashes but overall aren't showing anything (in my opinion).

We've re-signed our bench keeper, two left backs, our youth striker and the one midfielder we have. There's lately been media about re-signing NTS, Boogaard and Jackson too.

Firstly, what do we expect to achieve if we do re-sign these loanees and existing players? Anything different from what we are currently seeing?

And secondly, where we have players that will be here next season, we should be playing them. Mauragis - put him left wing (where he's actually looked quite capable). Give Archie Goodwin 30 minute every match. If this season is a write off, lets use it to start bringing in at least players we see having a future that are currently blocked by players who won't be here next year.

Agree 100% with all of this.

Jeterpool
27-04-2021, 01:35 PM
Re number 3 - Roy normally goes straight for the red card option. 🤣

Precisely why it's strange!:rof:

Bremsstrahlung
27-04-2021, 02:01 PM

I think we can still appeal to somebody. Show them those glory years, squadron bouncing, crowds bigger than the knights, even the tinkler false start.
Give us some faith that we have repeatedly shown and the fans will come back. Treat us and the club and the community with respect and you get 10k easy.

And whole heartedly agree. The remaining games should be spent blooding the future or determining who to axe.

StannyCFCJET
27-04-2021, 02:14 PM
When have we ever got bigger crowds then the Knights aside from a GF?

Jeterpool
27-04-2021, 02:19 PM

Season 2 was really big for crowds. Over 19000 we have had:

Note the ground was still with the old stand at this point:
* S2 Rd18 v SFC (20980)
* S2 Rd21 v Victory (19601)
* S2 Semi v SFC (24338)
* S3 Semy v CCM (22960)
* S8 Rd 27 v WWS (22518) when they won the premiership
* S13 Semi v City (19131)

StannyCFCJET
27-04-2021, 02:35 PM
Season 2 was really big for crowds. Over 19000 we have had:

Note the ground was still with the old stand at this point:
* S2 Rd18 v SFC (20980)
* S2 Rd21 v Victory (19601)
* S2 Semi v SFC (24338)
* S3 Semy v CCM (22960)
* S8 Rd 27 v WWS (22518) when they won the premiership
* S13 Semi v City (19131)

Is that it for big crowds? Geezus really proves the point, Most of Newcastle will only support us when winning. We really need to be talking to the Knights on how the keep their crowds and members around

Jeterpool
27-04-2021, 03:03 PM
Is that it for big crowds? Geezus really proves the point, Most of Newcastle will only support us when winning. We really need to be talking to the Knights on how the keep their crowds and members around

Yes for "big home crowds that aren't a Grand Final" but remember the Season 2 and 3 numbers were near capacity - we only had the old western stand at that point, not the new Western one.

Bremsstrahlung
27-04-2021, 06:23 PM

I vividly remember we played around the same time as them, and our crowd was bigger.
FWIW, they were in the middle of their wooden spoon attempts...

27-04-2021, 07:23 PM
<1000 at last nights game. Who ever ultimately made the decision to grant the two new clubs a start in the league should never hold a position of responsibility for the remainder of there working lives.

Jeterpool
27-04-2021, 09:01 PM
<1000 at last nights game. Who ever ultimately made the decision to grant the two new clubs a start in the league should never hold a position of responsibility for the remainder of there working lives.

And schedule them to play mid week and away from their home ground against an interstate team who are bottom of the league

belchardo
29-04-2021, 08:24 AM
Minimum 5-0 loss tonight. Thurgate to get season ending injury. 10 year re-signing of Millar to be announced at half time ($800k per season).

29-04-2021, 08:53 PM
Lots of interest in tonight's game eh.

Retro Jet
29-04-2021, 08:56 PM
Just got onto this game after wk.
Down 1-0. Giving oggie's away...yet again?
Fantastic. Anything to f*** the coast. :thumbsup:

Only wish it was the 3pts Fart need to screw them for the plate. :rof:

Ghost of Plague
29-04-2021, 09:04 PM
Well aint this some bullshit.
No one giving a shit out there.
Pathetic.

Frodo
29-04-2021, 09:06 PM
Just got onto this game after wk.
Down 1-0. Giving oggie's away...yet again?
Fantastic. Anything to f*** the coast. :thumbsup:

Only wish it was the 3pts Fart need to screw them for the plate. :rof:

Speaking of the coast, there's still every chance they will miss out on finals. With games in hand played they are like 1 to 3 points off of 7th place I think. A loss to Victory and they could be chasing Macarthur and Brisbane for 6th spot.

I still don't care about our likely spoon this year, but I'll be pretty happy if Staj and co shit the bed proper and miss out on finals this year. Can't wait.

Retro Jet
29-04-2021, 09:08 PM
Well aint this some bullshit.
No one giving a shit out there.
Pathetic.

Schadenfreude is all we have left...

StannyCFCJET
29-04-2021, 09:19 PM
The players have given up. Fun times

Frodo
29-04-2021, 09:28 PM
Dean's looks over to his bench and sees a 34 yr old Abbas, a returning from injury 35 yr old CB, two guys on trial from some Malaysian club we've all never heard of and Kosta Pe-fecking-tratos.

We never had a chance of winning this game, just need to make sure when someone nearer our level comes up we have find some belief and have a real go.

Ghost of Plague
29-04-2021, 09:42 PM
Dean's looks over to his bench and sees a 34 yr old Abbas, a returning from injury 35 yr old CB, two guys on trial from some Malaysian club we've all never heard of and Kosta Pe-fecking-tratos.

We never had a chance of winning this game, just need to make sure when someone nearer our level comes up we have find some belief and have a real go.

All fair points, but he's had kids hovering around all season and refused to give them an extended chance. If that's because they are shitter and less enthused than Dads Army you described there then wipe the whole youth program and save the budget.

Talk about pretend injuries all you want but sitting Uga after 2 horrible games but leaving some other steaming piles of turd out there to get through it was the beginning of the (latest) end for mine.

None of them out there give 2 ****s about the team. Ill be there next year (im a ghost i get in for free) but none of these useless shits deserve a chance next year.

Mark325
29-04-2021, 09:58 PM
none of these useless shits deserve a chance next year.

I was coming on to ask this, who in this team actually deserves to stay on cause i'm pretty well over the lot of them.

StannyCFCJET
29-04-2021, 10:02 PM
I was coming on to ask this, who in this team actually deserves to stay on cause i'm pretty well over the lot of them.

Yuel Gus and Johnny K. Bin the rest. Oh keep Lucas as well

Frodo
29-04-2021, 10:07 PM

I've taken a quick glance at the other teams in the league and reckon that only Uga would get a starting gig in any other squad. That's it.

Stametelop....etc, Yuel, Thurgate, Millar, Johnny K and maybe Jackson could get bench spots around the league. Keepers seem to always have a job, so both might even get starting gigs elsewhere.

But, I'm confident that only Ugarkovic would walk into another sides starting 11 if teams were given the chance to pick is apart.

New owners/management team would probably sign like 8 or 9 new players if possible.

The Hacker
29-04-2021, 10:13 PM
With WSW letting Daniel Georgievski go could we maybe pick him up

belchardo
29-04-2021, 10:15 PM
In some ways I keep thinking "how unlucky can we be?" Another own goal. Far out.

But I guess we keep conceding them because we keep getting pushed further and further back.

I think if city had wanted to they could have ripped us apart all night.

These are guys that don't even seem to have enough self-interest to put on a good showing to win their next contract. Things must be really bad inside the club.

The Dunster
29-04-2021, 10:21 PM

He probably was asked but didn't want to move to Canberra next season.

The Hacker
29-04-2021, 10:24 PM
He probably was asked but didn't want to move to Canberra next season.

One bloke that put everything in for us

Jeterpool
29-04-2021, 10:58 PM

Another old guy.

Jeterpool
29-04-2021, 11:14 PM
This is now 11 games without a win. While this isn't a squad that was ever going to challenge, I accept, but I question whether Deans has the ability to get this bunch motivated to play. 2 points from a possible 33 is pathetic. It's not all on the players. They aren't blameless but it's not all on them

Previous managers have been asked for less.

When will questions be asked? He's not immune to it.

30-04-2021, 12:41 AM
We are playing exactly how his W League sides have played in the past. Couple this with a squad of blokes who are not A League standard and a few who once were and we are one messed up club.
Not too mention some Mattiske bloke who seems to have gone MIA in recent times, Bloke has managed to find himself a good hiding spot to avoid some tough and valid questions from concerned members.

pv4
30-04-2021, 11:05 AM
This is now 11 games without a win. While this isn't a squad that was ever going to challenge, I accept, but I question whether Deans has the ability to get this bunch motivated to play. 2 points from a possible 33 is pathetic. It's not all on the players. They aren't blameless but it's not all on them

Previous managers have been asked for less.

When will questions be asked? He's not immune to it.

My post from February, before the club signed Deans, still perfectly summarises my opinion:

My opinion is it is time Deans was given the full time job just so we can finally draw a close on that chapter. I can't see us cutting ties until we throw him in the deep end and hold him accountable for once. In his history involved in our club coaching setup I am yet to see anything of note he has actually achieved, yet somehow he still gets all this praise from somewhere. Let him go focus on his coaching courses etc, and let us aim much higher. Am absolutely happy for Deans to prove me wrong here - I'm even challenging him to.

On a side note, giving Deans the full time job now and letting him see out the next 6-18 months means we avoid having GVE back at least for that time. Then hopefully by the end of Deans' time the ownership is settled, a proper coaching staff can be hired and the rebuild can commence.

pv4
30-04-2021, 11:08 AM

Melbourne City signed him for the remainder of the season. I doubt we could have afforded his wages to bring him back anyway.

https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/news/melbourne-city-fc-signs-daniel-georgievski-remainder-a-league-season

StannyCFCJET
30-04-2021, 11:20 AM
If deans is here next year I fear crowds and memberships will be at a all time low and wont show signs of improving

30-04-2021, 02:15 PM
If deans is here next year I fear crowds and memberships will be at a all time low and wont show signs of improving

Just another couple of KPI's that will heavily influence the powers that be to fold this clusterf^&k.

Like JP posted the 2 from 33 is a piss take of monumental proportions. We are getting very close to offering the league less than what a new club can from the ACT or Wollongong can contribute. Key favorable difference would be a new club brings money to the table a club like ours is a drain on the APL.

I fear with the lack of real quality added to the squad when there was an opportunity to do so and the appointment of Deans a cynic might think failure this season was by design.

Couscous
30-04-2021, 03:03 PM
Are we yet at the stage where most fans agree the club hired the wrong coach?

Captain Obvious
30-04-2021, 04:08 PM
This has not been a very good season for the Newcastle Jets.

My2BobsWorth
30-04-2021, 05:02 PM
Are we yet at the stage where most fans agree the club hired the wrong coach?

Tactics is not a little white lolly. Yes.

Frodo
30-04-2021, 05:49 PM
Western United got 990 people to show up to a crappy mid week game. As long as our numbers as more team theirs we are the better option than Canberra when stacked together head to head. We are a quality market that is known to show great support to a football team in the past and will do so again in the future.

My biggest worry is if someone comes up with the money for a license in another area before a new owner can be found for us. If they have the funds before we can find an owner, there's a totally different discussion to be had rather than who's the better area for a club.

Dean's may be the wrong option if we want to be successful, but keeping costs down low enough to convince these owners to foot the bill for another season is more important than winning football matches right now. So Dean's is currently the best decision we could make.

StannyCFCJET
30-04-2021, 05:52 PM
Western United got 990 people to show up to a crappy mid week game. As long as our numbers as more team theirs we are the better option than Canberra when stacked together head to head. We are a quality market that is known to show great support to a football team in the past and will do so again in the future.

My biggest worry is if someone comes up with the money for a license in another area before a new owner can be found for us. If they have the funds before we can find an owner, there's a totally different discussion to be had rather than who's the better area for a club.

Dean's may be the wrong option if we want to be successful, but keeping costs down low enough to convince these owners to foot the bill for another season is more important than winning football matches right now. So Dean's is currently the best decision we could make.

But with Deans in charge the football us turgid, Fans cant be bothered to watch and turn up to games, So any future owner will look at us and see little interest from the locals so may not want to risk his investment here. It's not all Deans fault I know but he's playing a large part

My2BobsWorth
30-04-2021, 07:22 PM
The cancer has set in now, the whole team is infected

Frodo
30-04-2021, 08:00 PM
But with Deans in charge the football us turgid, Fans cant be bothered to watch and turn up to games, So any future owner will look at us and see little interest from the locals so may not want to risk his investment here. It's not all Deans fault I know but he's playing a large part

It's a gamble.

Dean's is the option that gives us the longest time with the current owners. But will slowly drive away casual fans. New coaches would bring in more people, but would speed up the time that the new owners are forced to sell us. Well, that's my theory anyway. The ownership group basically thinks that they can get away with terrible football for at least another year before fans stop showing up completely. And within that time they will either find new owners for the club, or new owners for the licence.

StannyCFCJET
30-04-2021, 08:28 PM
It's a gamble.

Dean's is the option that gives us the longest time with the current owners. But will slowly drive away casual fans. New coaches would bring in more people, but would speed up the time that the new owners are forced to sell us. Well, that's my theory anyway. The ownership group basically thinks that they can get away with terrible football for at least another year before fans stop showing up completely. And within that time they will either find new owners for the club, or new owners for the licence.

It's not just casual fans, People who have been memebers for years and go to every home game are getting sick of it. Iv'e missed a home game this season and just watched it at home on TV and ive turned off a few games after half time. Ill all the hate for it but this team just cant be shit year after year and fans just accept and turn up without it eventually taking a tole

30-04-2021, 08:33 PM

Of course this region is deserving of a A League team over others but the competition is not run on sentiment.

Money talks bullshit walks and and the moment another consortium comes along with a proposal that adds funds to the game and not a drain on it such as ours we are walking a tightrope.

mic22
30-04-2021, 10:00 PM
Is an A-league team in Newcastle viable, financially speaking? (my answer is NO)
The last 2 owners ended up losing millions (in Lee's case, despite a couple of good seasons with high membership numbers).
Local businesses haven't been paid and will never see their money.
A prospect owner will look at the last 10 years and think: "am I ready to waste a few (many?) millions in this? In Newcastle?"
There must be a reason if no one wants to touch this at the moment.

StannyCFCJET
30-04-2021, 10:12 PM
That's another thought, will local businesses trust the Jets again?

Thomas477
30-04-2021, 10:14 PM
It's not just casual fans, People who have been memebers for years and go to every home game are getting sick of it. Iv'e missed a home game this season and just watched it at home on TV and ive turned off a few games after half time. Ill all the hate for it but this team just cant be shit year after year and fans just accept and turn up without it eventually taking a tole

This is what I’m most concerned about. Yes, we can have shit seasons, but the last 2-3 have been shit. And with no cause for hope in sight, why should fans reinvest? Coach appears to be out of his depth, players definitely are. Hell, I’d cop losses if deans would be courageous and make a change that is a roll of the dice, but bringing straight swaps on when things aren’t working, shows a stubbornness that would make Stubbins proud.

Honestly, I think this off-season will make or break the club, and I’m fearful it will break it, but I can’t support this shit any more.

The Dunster
01-05-2021, 03:29 PM
The unpaid debts Martin Lee racked up has turned the Jets brand to poison.

It's a lost cause beyond repair.

Jeterpool
01-05-2021, 05:26 PM
I reckon it will take just 2 or 3 big name signings (player and/or coach) and the atmosphere will change around the joint.

Until then we can just feel what we feel with what's put in front of us while we hope and speculate

StannyCFCJET
01-05-2021, 05:33 PM
I reckon it will take just 2 or 3 big name signings (player and/or coach) and the atmosphere will change around the joint.

Until then we can just feel what we feel with what's put in front of us while we hope and speculate

How do we get the funds for that without Good sponsorship, Funds from an owner and good local support? Also what big name player would want to play for Deans and our current style and if we sack Deans do we have the funds to sack a coach and get a new one. Sorry for sounding negative but cant see anyway forward atm

Ghost of Plague
01-05-2021, 06:38 PM

They could probably start with playing the blokes we have already signed.

A bloke playing for the Roar is gonna win the Jets players player award this year.

Ghost of Plague
01-05-2021, 06:41 PM
How do we get the funds for that without Good sponsorship, Funds from an owner and good local support? Also what big name player would want to play for Deans and our current style and if we sack Deans do we have the funds to sack a coach and get a new one. Sorry for sounding negative but cant see anyway forward atm

I doubt the Deans issue is a sticking point. My bet hes not on a much higher rate than he was when in his old roles. Just cut him a deal for the difference and put him back in his old job. He's been around long enough to know that staying in an A league environment is a currency in itself.

StannyCFCJET
01-05-2021, 07:02 PM
I doubt the Deans issue is a sticking point. My bet hes not on a much higher rate than he was when in his old roles. Just cut him a deal for the difference and put him back in his old job. He's been around long enough to know that staying in an A league environment is a currency in itself.

Nah if being a head coach doesn't work he will leave the club

BP Super Dynamos
01-05-2021, 07:57 PM
And go where? NPL?

mge61
01-05-2021, 10:40 PM
Honestly is Damian Zane not worth a try in some capacity?

Couscous
01-05-2021, 10:55 PM
Some of you may have read (https://twitter.com/dailyozfootball/status/1385498933930037248) that the Canberra bid team, backed by overseas football investors, is in advanced talks to enter the league.

Canberra is also being considered to enter the league sooner, possibly even in 2021-22, if one of the existing clubs falters.

I have heard that the Canberra bid team has talked with a coach who has strong links to both Newcastle and the ACT. If Newcastle were to lose its licence, I'd hope that most Newy fans would follow Canberra.

StannyCFCJET
01-05-2021, 11:08 PM
Some of you may have read (https://twitter.com/dailyozfootball/status/1385498933930037248) that the Canberra bid team, backed by overseas football investors, is in advanced talks to enter the league.

Canberra is also being considered to enter the league sooner, possibly even in 2021-22, if one of the existing clubs falters.

I have heard that the Canberra bid team has talked with a coach who has strong links to both Newcastle and the ACT. If Newcastle were to lose its licence, I'd hope that most Newy fans would follow Canberra.

**** no, When Newcastle get kicked out and we deserve it atm I'm not following another team, ill just stick to my overseas team and watch the odd aleague big game

02-05-2021, 12:45 AM
Goodie get too go Debacle more often.

Tommyjet
02-05-2021, 08:17 AM

Problem is, as I see it, no decent Aussie coach or players would come near us at the moment. I feel that it would take another Carl Robinson type signing from overseas to get the change needed. I feel the longer this drags on the more our brand and attractiveness amongst the domestic market is damaged long term.

Frodo
02-05-2021, 08:53 AM
If we get a new owner, all the doom and gloom is washed away instantly. We've seen this time and time again. Once (IF?) someone walks in the door with a cheque in hand to buy the club, the media will start showing off their wealth, their plans, their new campaign to get fans back (which is nothing more than actually advertising again) and we will have our usual 8000-10000 members and similar numbers for home games almost overnight. Well, maybe after the next pay week.

The actual good news for us if we are finally sold to new owners is that we have an almost blank canvas to build a team from. Our coaching staff are on nothing wages, we don't have any highly paid players on the books next season that I can think of, we might not even have a single visa player signed for next season. The new owner would have almost the entire salary cap available to sign a first 11 and we have enough kids around to fill a bench. Then, once the membership money comes in, they can go sign a marquee or 2 and all a sudden our fans are the happiest in the league and everyone else is jealous of us.

We live in a very fickle world, unfortunately/fortunately.

02-05-2021, 10:55 AM
If we get a new owner, all the doom and gloom is washed away instantly. We've seen this time and time again. Once (IF?) someone walks in the door with a cheque in hand to buy the club, the media will start showing off their wealth, their plans, their new campaign to get fans back (which is nothing more than actually advertising again) and we will have our usual 8000-10000 members and similar numbers for home games almost overnight. Well, maybe after the next pay week.

The actual good news for us if we are finally sold to new owners is that we have an almost blank canvas to build a team from. Our coaching staff are on nothing wages, we don't have any highly paid players on the books next season that I can think of, we might not even have a single visa player signed for next season. The new owner would have almost the entire salary cap available to sign a first 11 and we have enough kids around to fill a bench. Then, once the membership money comes in, they can go sign a marquee or 2 and all a sudden our fans are the happiest in the league and everyone else is jealous of us.

We live in a very fickle world, unfortunately/fortunately.

If and If.

Whats a license worth ?. The moment our current overlords injection of money to keep the club going is equal to or greater than the value of a license we are gonski.

Cous has said nothing new, Canberra have been lobbying again since mid 2020.

StannyCFCJET
02-05-2021, 11:18 AM
New Owners still need to convince the locals to come on board as sponsors and what not and theve been burned a few times before. Plus no guarantee were gonna get 8000 to 10000 members and crowds again. Not this time

Bremsstrahlung
02-05-2021, 11:44 AM
I agree with Frodo.
I think this club represents good value for somebody.
Could you get a cheaper a league club atm? Doubt it. Any investor would get a bargain deal in terms of an a league club. They have many arguments of poor membership, crowds are poor, performance is poor. Etc.

As many have said, buy a few big names and a decent coach and a few results and a finals team and you’ve got 10,000 members and supporter again
It’s not rocket science.
Every time this club is successful the community get behind it.
Every time we get used and abused and taken for granted we walk away.

Treat us with respect. Give us something to support. Invest in the club. Supporters will follow.

Ghost of Plague
02-05-2021, 12:46 PM
Treat us with respect. Give us something to support. Invest in the club. Supporters will follow.

Meh, ill be there regardless. I'm literally floating around in the afterlife aint got nothing better to do.

Bremsstrahlung
02-05-2021, 03:10 PM
I could think of many things I’d be doing or watching other than Jets lose.
Don’t you have a membah to be haunting?

02-05-2021, 04:01 PM
It isn't about good value Brem, The moment the amount required to continue the club under the present ownership model exceeds what the value of the club is it is curtains.

The 4 owners at present are not going to tip in more than they can get out of a sale, We are one season down now so the 64$ dollar question is how many seasons before that point of no return on investment is reached. One more , Two ?. I honestly don't think it is further out than one more season.

Biggest worry is the club seems hell bent on resigning many of the players that have us at this point and going in to next season with Deans, I don't know how one can expect different results from essentially the same set up on and off the field. Another concern is on the back of very poor results and by every measure the club tracking south the bloke who is meant to be the lamplighter and advocate for our future in Mattiske has gone very quite. When was the last time anybody heard from him re recent results and what repercussions they may have on the clubs future.

Me personally i see the powers that be at the PLA or whatever they call themselves these days chaired by Lederer attempt a merge between us and the Gypo's and use that free spot to sell another license to the highest bidder from Wollongong or the ACT.

StannyCFCJET
03-05-2021, 10:34 AM
Andy Harper in the paper questioning Deans lack of squad rotation and showing too much faith in underperforming players. So everyone is seeing it bar Dean? Or the rest or our squad isn't even npl level and we signed players just to fill up our numbers with no intention to give em a chance

Jeterpool
03-05-2021, 10:46 AM
Andy Harper in the paper questioning Deans lack of squad rotation and showing too much faith in underperforming players. So everyone is seeing it bar Dean? Or the rest or our squad isn't even npl level and we signed players just to fill up our numbers with no intention to give em a chance

I'm glad that someone in the media has started to call it out or have an opinion on it.

The interesting part was Mattiske's response.

Jets executive chairman Shane Mattiske said Harper was entitled to his opinion and welcomed his passion for the club.

"There's no question that there was a disruption before the season started with the change of ownership," Mattiske said.

"We've had to re-launch the club and start from scratch.

"The reality is that the squad we have now is the one that we were left with. We've been working hard on improving the resources, finishing this season competitively and building a much stronger squad for next season."

Mattiske saw no value in debating Harper's claims point by point.

But in fairness to the Jets, at the end of last season they lost former Socceroos Dimi Petratos and Bernie Ibini, ex-Premier League stars Wes Hoolahan and Joe Ledley, veteran goalkeeper Glen Moss, Nick Fitzgerald, a veteran of 189 A-League games, and Panamanian international Abdiel Arroyo.

Injuries have also sidelined senior players Nigel Boogaard, Ben Kantarovski, Jason Hoffman and Johnny Koutroumbia for long stretches this season.

We sold Dimi. We sold Fitzgerald. We release Ibini. I'll give the club that yes these starters departed BUT this the club's decision.

We didn't renew Arroyo's loan and he was on the bench at the end of his stint anyway. Moss wasn't playing at the end, Ledley and Hoolahan didn't start either. We can't call these people out as changes on the field. Off the field leadership and experience is a different story.

StannyCFCJET
04-05-2021, 01:58 AM
So Abi has gone because he was called up to his national team? So good enough for that but not for more then 5 mins for a garbage team coming last in the league. Deans man I can't be arsed

The Dunster
04-05-2021, 04:49 PM

It doesn't look like Craig Deans is the one making the decisions though. I mean it's difficult to imagine he was the one responsible for our two imports being signed.
Moreover, I'm not convinced that Deans has the autonomy to select the players he wants each week either.
Deans has been around a long time in the game and played at a much higher level than most of us here. So I find it difficult to believe he's got it wrong and all of us have it sorted.

Thomas477
04-05-2021, 06:15 PM
It doesn't look like Craig Deans is the one making the decisions though. I mean it's difficult to imagine he was the one responsible for our two imports being signed.
Moreover, I'm not convinced that Deans has the autonomy to select the players he wants each week either.
Deans has been around a long time in the game and played at a much higher level than most of us here. So I find it difficult to believe he's got it wrong and all of us have it sorted.

Phil Stubbins, Mark Jones, both been around a while, both utterly hopeless.

If Deans isn’t making the decisions who is? And why is deans sticking around, having his record trashed?

Frodo
04-05-2021, 07:51 PM
So Abi has gone because he was called up to his national team? So good enough for that but not for more then 5 mins for a garbage team coming last in the league. Deans man I can't be arsed

Called up to the training camp. He's never played for the national side so far.

But, the Indonesian national side is also not the highest quality group. The majority look like they play in the local division, which from a very quick glance looks like they haven't had a team in the group stages of the ACL since 2011.

Not really sure how you can try to use this one against Dean's without looking a bit silly.