PDA

View Full Version : a-league allstars team

pv4
18-09-2012, 11:09 AM
so manure are potentially coming over here to play two games (in melbz, syd or bris) against a current a-league allstars team. while i personally hate the idea of it, i couldn't help but start to think about how the team would lineup. so, how do you think an aleague allstars team would look, given the players on the books currently?

for me:

--------------galekovic------------
franjic---thwaite---smith---cassio
--------------paartalu-------------
--------fred--------broich---------
------------del piero--------------
---------smeltz---berisha--------

subs:
covic
marrone
milligan
rubez
nichols
flores
van dijk

boz-monaut
18-09-2012, 11:35 AM
it'll be good to see Griff at the front of that line up once we re-sign him

Jetmaster
18-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Although "Allstars" teams are a bit naff, what is the alternative ?

The Socceroos have now moved on from playing touring teams, a reflection of their improved status.

Should Man Utd play a specific A-League team ? Maybe, but that narrows it down to Victory and the Smurfs, and neither is a powerhouse at the moment.

At least this way all teams get a piece of the action and the team should be reasonably competitive.

the_butcher
18-09-2012, 01:37 PM
so manure are potentially coming over here to play two games (in melbz, syd or bris) against a current a-league allstars team. while i personally hate the idea of it, i couldn't help but start to think about how the team would lineup. so, how do you think an aleague allstars team would look, given the players on the books currently?

for me:

--------------galekovic------------
franjic---thwaite---smith---cassio
--------------paartalu-------------
--------fred--------broich---------
------------del piero--------------
---------smeltz---berisha--------

subs:
covic
marrone
milligan
rubez
nichols
flores
van dijk

Looks about right except maybe TGNCA ("the Griff nobody cares about") (adam) in there somewhere.

To create a little bit more interest you would also think that most clubs (bar the kiwis of course) will be represented.

Bon
18-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Yeah looks good to me pv4.. Just not sure about 'The Calculator' being in there.. Surely there are better left backs in the A-League.. My mind is blank though.. haha

pv4
18-09-2012, 01:45 PM
cassio is amazing. now that he's australian, the only thing that's keeping him out of the socceroos is his age.

other left backs in the league: rose (ccm), traore (mvfc), behich (heart), goodwin (nuj), ritter (nuj), m.muscat (wph), steffanuto (bri), fabio (sfc), da'puzzo (wsw), jamieson (per)

OmeletteDuFromage
18-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Covic's not at Victory anymore is he?

furns
18-09-2012, 02:38 PM
lol he is at Wanderers

OmeletteDuFromage
18-09-2012, 05:42 PM
/facepalm

hauss
19-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Better put Heskey in there somewhere...