PDA

View Full Version : EURO 2020/21 Sweeps

Bon
08-06-2021, 05:23 PM
Alright, its that time again!!
First game is Saturday morning, 5am, our time.

Teams:
Italy
Switzerland
Turkey
Wales
Belgium
Denmark
Finland
Russia
Austria
Netherlands
North Macedonia
Ukraine
Croatia
Czech Republic
England
Scotland
Poland
Slovakia
Spain
Sweden
France
Germany
Hungary
Portugal

Just comment below if you are keen, and I'll do the draw later on in the week..
Note: Sorry boys, Pam has retired and I am unable to get her to do the draw.

Ghost of Plague
08-06-2021, 05:40 PM
In for this thanks bon.
I propose memorial teams be pulled for Member and Plague.

Bremsstrahlung
08-06-2021, 06:54 PM
In for this thanks bon.
I propose memorial teams be pulled for Member and Plague.

Plague is still around right?
Didn’t he post the other day?

Also, I’m in thanks Bon

StannyCFCJET
08-06-2021, 07:45 PM
Im keen

baldrick
08-06-2021, 08:56 PM
Sign me up

Jeterpool
08-06-2021, 09:10 PM
In.

Who replaced Pam??

Frodo
08-06-2021, 09:40 PM
Of course I'm in.

Bon
08-06-2021, 10:58 PM
Ok, so far we have:
Bon
Ghost of Plague
Brem
Stanny
baldrick
Jeterpool
Frodo

and possibly chucking in MFKS and original plague..

Jeterpool
09-06-2021, 09:09 AM
Ok, so far we have:
Bon
Ghost of Plague
Brem
Stanny
baldrick
Jeterpool
Frodo

I nominate Furns. And Fernz. And Phurns

Bon
09-06-2021, 08:03 PM
Ok, will chuck Furns in too..
If noone else nominates, we are getting 3 teams each.. haha

Local Rules
09-06-2021, 08:52 PM
I would like to join the fun

lquiquer
09-06-2021, 10:16 PM
IN

Macca
10-06-2021, 12:18 PM
I'll join in

Buddha
10-06-2021, 12:35 PM
chuck me in fella

Jardelsimage
10-06-2021, 01:22 PM
put me down for a spot.

Bon
10-06-2021, 10:55 PM
Ok, updating:
Bon
Ghost of Plague
Brem
Stanny
baldrick
Jeterpool
Frodo
Local Rules
lquiquer
Macca
Buddha
Jardelsimage

Last chance for anyone else, I'll look to do the draw tomorrow..

Bon
11-06-2021, 02:12 PM
Ok, 12 of us in.. 24 teams.
Perfect.

Will be doing the draw now.

Bon
11-06-2021, 02:35 PM
Ok, so these are the sweeps!!!

Bon: Denmark and Hungary
Ghost of Plague: North Macedonia and Spain
Brem: England and Croatia
Stanny: Italy and Belgium
baldrick: Ukraine and France
Jeterpool: Portugal and Slovakia
Frodo: Scotland and Czech Republic
Local Rules: Russia and Germany
lquiquer: Poland and Finland
Macca: Switzerland and Netherlands
Buddha: Sweden and Wales
Jardelsimage: Austria and Turkey

Good luck!

Jeterpool
11-06-2021, 02:39 PM

Good luck!

Thanks Bon

StannyCFCJET
11-06-2021, 02:52 PM

Good luck!

Yes lads Surely in the favourite, just need to avoid the choke

Buddha
11-06-2021, 03:18 PM
Redraw

Frodo
11-06-2021, 03:22 PM

Good luck!

I mean.....

I will say that I'm not heaps confident in winning this, however being in the same group as England can be a good thing. They have as much a chance of imploding and going out in the group stages as they do of winning it, haha.

Thomas Soucek and Scotland's new duel LB system FTW?

Frodo
11-06-2021, 03:22 PM
Redraw

At least you've got potential golden boy winner Alexander Isak to watch, that kid absolutely immense already.

Jeterpool
11-06-2021, 03:34 PM
Cristiano is immortal.

Give me the title now

Buddha
11-06-2021, 03:59 PM
At least you've got potential golden boy winner Alexander Isak to watch, that kid absolutely immense already.
Bloke is a weapon. 6'4 and bangs goals for fun. The new Ibra

Bremsstrahlung
13-06-2021, 09:39 AM
Thoughts with Eriksen. Hopefully makes a speedy recovery. Scary scenes for everyone involved. Broadcasters rightly copping some slack for showing him receive CPR and his wife crying.
Credit to both teams for getting the game completed, can’t have been easy.
Finland did well to be respectful in what was a great achievement for them.

Bon
13-06-2021, 09:42 AM
Thoughts with Eriksen. Hopefully makes a speedy recovery. Scary scenes for everyone involved. Broadcasters rightly copping some slack for showing him receive CPR and his wife crying.
Credit to both teams for getting the game completed, can’t have been easy.
Finland did well to be respectful in what was a great achievement for them.

Yeah it was a horror to watch.. Hope he is alright!!
Sounds like he's awake, and apparently skyped the team from the hospital to tell them to finish the game..
Both sets of fans were very respectful (chant and response stuff going on)..

sapdad
13-06-2021, 02:12 PM
Broadcasters rightly copping some slack for showing him receive CPR and his wife crying.

I found this to be an interesting debate while it was unfolding.Firstly the pictures were central feed,so individual stations could only show the one set of pictures, or cut to their own studio.The fact that no one knew for sure what was happening served up a difficult situation.The broadcasters cut away when they clearly showed the first attempt at CPR. Then sadly cut back there when the defrib was first used.I thought after that they waited til the players had blocked the view that they showed that part of the field close up.Like it or not trying to decide what is right and not right in real time was impossible.If they cut completely away then there is no information getting across apart from people immediately going to social media with their own (often wrong) diagnosis.No one complained when the camera was pointed at the doctor loading him onto the stretcher who initially gave the thumbs up to the other medicos.No one complained when the an official photographer managed to get a shot of him getting wheeled off with his eyes open and hand on his face.To me, those 2 pieces of information were critical in warding off mindless speculation.We cant tell everyone to look away then complain they arent being informed.We cant tell everyone to keep quiet unless its good news.Good or bad what was happening on the field was real and it needed to be treated as news but also obviously with as much respect as possible.I think they did a damn good job considering.I will also assume the central feed had no idea it was his wife until well after those shots were taken.It was noticeable that they didnt replay the incident of him collapsing,again a good judgement call.

Retro Jet
16-06-2021, 08:08 PM
Dunno if this is the right thread to discuss Euro shiz.
Wish I saw this thread to get in on a sweep. Good luck to all of youze who did!

In the inimitable words of Oscar Wild, there's only one thing worse than being talked about and that's not being talked about.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-...2020/100220520

I wonder what the share price will be in a few days or weeks?

Squires will have a field day with this and other things so far at this tournament.

Bremsstrahlung
17-06-2021, 06:44 AM
Nice to see Australia playing at Euro's this morning. Good win over Turkey.

Finland unlucky. Would've loved them to win that.

Jetmaster
17-06-2021, 11:13 AM
Nice to see Australia playing at Euro's this morning. Good win over Turkey.

Finland unlucky. Would've loved them to win that.

Bale in a Socceroos shirt - take my money.

Buddha
17-06-2021, 12:32 PM
23 Years i've waited for Scotland to be back on the international stage and i cop a Schick masterclass ffs. It just had to be Scotland to cop something like that didnt it?

At least all the little weans at school got to watch that game. It's the sort of crushing disappointment that sets you up for the rest of your life.

Buddha
21-06-2021, 11:53 AM
The best part about the 0-0 on Saturday morning was the English meltdown given how much shite they talked about us in the lead up to the game.

StannyCFCJET
21-06-2021, 12:03 PM
Southgate is an idiot. How does Sancho get no minutes and Sterling keep starting over Grealish. Couldn't imagine being English and watching that idiot pick his teams

StannyCFCJET
21-06-2021, 12:04 PM
Gilmour though. Gonna be a top top player

Frodo
21-06-2021, 12:58 PM
Southgate is an idiot. How does Sancho get no minutes and Sterling keep starting over Grealish. Couldn't imagine being English and watching that idiot pick his teams

Why drop Sterling when Harry Kane still hasn't worked out that the first game has started and he's meant to be playing by now? 19 touches against Scotland and he still dropped deep too often and got in everyone else's way, useless in big games as usual. I mean, I would still drop Sterling as well for someone who's actually in form and had a good season cough "Saka" cough

Classic England football this, too many "Star Performers" who don't actually play that well, they just get overblown by the Brit media and flop once they come up against united, well drilled national sides that know how to put their egos aside and win football matches....... And France.

StannyCFCJET
21-06-2021, 02:01 PM
Why drop Sterling when Harry Kane still hasn't worked out that the first game has started and he's meant to be playing by now? 19 touches against Scotland and he still dropped deep too often and got in everyone else's way, useless in big games as usual. I mean, I would still drop Sterling as well for someone who's actually in form and had a good season cough "Saka" cough

Classic England football this, too many "Star Performers" who don't actually play that well, they just get overblown by the Brit media and flop once they come up against united, well drilled national sides that know how to put their egos aside and win football matches....... And France.

Kane is normally good for England but yeah drop him from DCL

Frodo
21-06-2021, 02:45 PM
Kane is normally good for England but yeah drop him from DCL

Just to clarify tho, I want England to be knocked out of the group stages so I hope they keep playing ol Slobbery boy.

England think they have a top tier squad when they are in fact bang average. Can't wait for the media to explode when they either lose against the Czechs or get flogged by Portugal.

StannyCFCJET
21-06-2021, 02:50 PM
Just to clarify tho, I want England to be knocked out of the group stages so I hope they keep playing ol Slobbery boy.

England think they have a top tier squad when they are in fact bang average. Can't wait for the media to explode when they either lose against the Czechs or get flogged by Portugal.

They have alot of young talent but need a manager who knows how to use em

Frodo
21-06-2021, 03:16 PM
They have alot of young talent but need a manager who knows how to use em

Lots of mid table quality throughout and a massive amount of hype. This is a weak England squad.

Jeterpool
22-06-2021, 08:25 AM
What a hit from Christensen.

the 12 minute period from the 70th minute was epic.

Bremsstrahlung
22-06-2021, 08:59 AM
Brilliant! Denmark game was great. Strike was brilliant. Made even better by the context of the game.

Wijnaldum is having a good tournament too.

Feel for Hradecky (??), made some absolute brilliant saves, didn’t deserve that.

Interesting tournament isn’t it. Basically win one game and you’re a chance to progress.

Buddha
22-06-2021, 09:02 AM
Lots of mid table quality throughout and a massive amount of hype. This is a weak England squad.
This, they were quick to label Phillips as the Yorkshire Pirlo but played like a Yorkshire Pudding against us. Imagine playing 2 defensive midfielders against Scotland ffs

Bremsstrahlung
22-06-2021, 09:57 AM
I don’t think you can bench the Premier Leagues leading goalscorer and assist-er.
Sterling, you can drop him.
Foden has done reasonably.
Phillips had a good game one.
Mount, Sterling and rice can be rotated imo.

Grealish and Henderson haven’t had much game time over the last few months so maybe that’s impacting decisions.
Sancho needs to play for a EPL club to get a look in.

Frodo
22-06-2021, 11:07 AM
Against Scotland, England had 4 or 5 players who will be starting for UCL teams next season {James, Shaw, Mount, Stones and Foden). Foden still hasn't locked down his best position, Stones was lucky that Dias formed a good partnership with him because Laporte is clearly the better CB, James is still earning his place over Azpi and shared gametime all season, Shaw had a great season but performed way above his usual level and Mount had a good year (he just really needs Kane to piss off and stop standing around where he wants to be playing in) The rest all play for mid table sides or lower. For comparison, Scotland had 2.

Mid table squad with a couple of kids from top sides sprinkled on top. Add in an average coach and they should be happy they made it out of the group.

Bremsstrahlung
22-06-2021, 11:26 AM
Would a squad of:

Pickford
Walker, stones, Maguire, trippier(or Shaw)
Henderson, mount, foden,
Sancho, Sterling and rashford

Be better?
Bar Pickford, all should be getting regular UCL and league game time.

StannyCFCJET
22-06-2021, 11:27 AM
Against Scotland, England had 4 or 5 players who will be starting for UCL teams next season {James, Shaw, Mount, Stones and Foden). Foden still hasn't locked down his best position, Stones was lucky that Dias formed a good partnership with him because Laporte is clearly the better CB, James is still earning his place over Azpi and shared gametime all season, Shaw had a great season but performed way above his usual level and Mount had a good year (he just really needs Kane to piss off and stop standing around where he wants to be playing in) The rest all play for mid table sides or lower. For comparison, Scotland had 2.

Mid table squad with a couple of kids from top sides sprinkled on top. Add in an average coach and they should be happy they made it out of the group.

James has cemented his 1st team place and doesnt share with Azpi anymore

Frodo
22-06-2021, 12:19 PM
James has cemented his 1st team place and doesnt share with Azpi anymore

They both played in 65-68% of total mins this season according to the internet. I'm just saying that this was the year that he took over rather than him owning that position for years. He's still a improving, because he's
still a kid.

Frodo
22-06-2021, 12:31 PM
Would a squad of:

Pickford
Walker, stones, Maguire, trippier(or Shaw)
Henderson, mount, foden,
Sancho, Sterling and rashford

Be better?
Bar Pickford, all should be getting regular UCL and league game time.

Dean Henderson
Walker/Trippier- Stones - Maguire - Shaw
Mount - *Rice - Foden
Sancho - Rashford/Kane - Sterling.

To me, thats a much more attacking side than what we've seen. Plus if they move to a 4-3-3 (similar to Spuds) then it may benefit Kane who is obviously the better striker, but given his form right now I would honestly start with Rashford and let Kane earn his spot back from the bench.

*Henderson isn't fit and Rice has shown that he should be playing for a bigger side.

Grealish, Saka, Phillips Calvert-Lewin and Bellingham off the bench sounds a bit different to starting them.

Bremsstrahlung
24-06-2021, 07:20 AM
Brilliant game the Sweden one. lewandowski with a meme worth effort in the first half hahaha.

Spain infinitely lucky against Slovakia. Morata looks so Impotent. Gifted their opening goal, but the longer that stayed 0-0, the worse Spain were getting. Laporte playing for Spain now? Googling tells me he played youth for France, selected in France World Cup qualifiers and Euro qualifiers however never took the field. May 2021, applied for Spanish clearance.

Group F dishing up some drama. All teams have been qualifying at Some point, 3 teams have been last in their group at some point this morning.

Bremsstrahlung
24-06-2021, 07:44 AM
Wow.

Frodo
24-06-2021, 10:11 AM
Wow.

Quality group of death.

Hungary were going through in 2nd place at one point. Portugal were going through 1st at another. Germany were in with a massive chance of going out as well. Crazy.

Frodo
24-06-2021, 10:14 AM
Italy and Belgium are the only big sides looking good so far. Sweden have a good balance. Netherlands look like they could trouble anyone. Some enjoyable games coming up too.

Ghost of Plague
24-06-2021, 12:13 PM
****ing hell North Macedonia.

Bremsstrahlung
28-06-2021, 08:21 AM
Damn. Czech did very well.

Belgium lucky to keep portugal out. Despite having a fair few counter attacks with numbers, they couldn’t convert to put it to bed.

Buddha
28-06-2021, 08:53 AM
Bruno Fernandes is a penalty fraud. Just about every Portugal attack was ruined by him

Jeterpool
28-06-2021, 09:04 AM
Well that was fun while it lasted....I'm out

Oldy
29-06-2021, 01:04 AM
Just give Ital the trophy now. Their acting is just too good.

Jeterpool
29-06-2021, 08:30 AM
France v Switzerland....wow

Bremsstrahlung
29-06-2021, 08:46 AM
Wow wow wow

Bremsstrahlung
29-06-2021, 08:48 AM
Didn’t wanna say anything earlier In case it prompted somebody to check scores. Incredible moments throughout that.

For anybody that likes to watch replay or extended highlights. Would recommend watching the Croatia Spain game first as there’s many spoilers in the next game.

boz-monaut
29-06-2021, 09:03 AM
what a brilliant morning of football

insomnia and being kicked all night by cold children is really paying off

Frodo
29-06-2021, 09:08 AM
Outside of that 10-15 min period, Switzerland honestly completely dominated France. Granit Xhaka carving them up all game was beautiful to watch, even if he's leaving soon, and he deserve his MOTM award.

I said France looked poor from the first game, relying on individual brilliance isn't enough to win tournaments and Deschamps didn't have a decent setup at all. Mbappe having a shocker every game doesn't help either, lol.

Bon
29-06-2021, 09:15 AM
Some amazing goals in both games!
Bloody brilliant to see..

Bremsstrahlung
30-06-2021, 08:20 AM
Interesting to see who ends up winning it.
Spain, Belgium, Italy on one side of the draw looks good for a particular team on the other side that should be able to account for Denmark or Czech.
Spain seem to be able to score some goals again after a poor start.
Belgium got the goal but were very much under the pump to Portugal for 45 minutes.
Italy had their little hiccup needing extra time to account for Austria.
Everyone seems to have their day.

Czech needed a red card to help them beat the Dutch.
Sweden/Ukraine both have been plucky but idk if they can take on the bigger teams.
And the winner of England/Germany put in a solid performance and look the most capable on this side of the draw.

I think all teams left have potential to beat their opponent, and every team has had their moment of weakness in this tournament.
Makes for some very good games for a neutral.

Jeterpool
30-06-2021, 08:34 AM
Interesting to see who ends up winning it.
Spain, Belgium, Italy on one side of the draw looks good for a particular team on the other side that should be able to account for Denmark or Czech.
Spain seem to be able to score some goals again after a poor start.
Belgium got the goal but were very much under the pump to Portugal for 45 minutes.
Italy had their little hiccup needing extra time to account for Austria.
Everyone seems to have their day.

Czech needed a red card to help them beat the Dutch.
Sweden/Ukraine both have been plucky but idk if they can take on the bigger teams.
And the winner of England/Germany put in a solid performance and look the most capable on this side of the draw.

I think all teams left have potential to beat their opponent, and every team has had their moment of weakness in this tournament.
Makes for some very good games for a neutral.

I think the biggest thing working against Belgium is the injuries to De Bruyne and Eden Hazard. Missing someone as influential as De Bruyne could be their undoing.

Watching the Ukraine/Sweden game now, where Ukraine have scored in Extra Time, will have have England licking their lips.

I think Spain are building well.

baldrick
30-06-2021, 08:37 AM
baldrick: Ukraine

Get in !

Frodo
30-06-2021, 09:02 AM

No idea how I've gotten this far either Baldrick

Turns out relying on shitty red cards is a great way to win knockout games. See you soon once Kalvin Phillips gets himself sent off and Morata misses 95 chances + gets himself sent off for a studs up challenge on the post or something.

Frodo
30-06-2021, 09:06 AM

Good luck!

So the knockout rounds are well into it.

We've got Stanny vs Stanny in the first game, lol.

Macca vs Not Plague up next.

Baldrick taking on Brem after that.

And finally myself taking on Bon to round it off.

Get your shit talking in now gents. Stanny is gonna get crushed by his opponent, no doubt.

Frodo
30-06-2021, 09:08 AM
Bon, your teams flag is just some shitty white cross on a red back ground. It's so unimaginative I bet they just copied someone else's design and tried to palm it off as their own.

Buddha
30-06-2021, 09:40 AM
Please dont let England win

baldrick
30-06-2021, 11:21 AM
Baldrick taking on Brem after that.

Get your shit talking in now gents.

Hey Brem; I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries.

StannyCFCJET
30-06-2021, 11:27 AM
I've got faith in my boys to come out on top

Bon
30-06-2021, 11:34 AM
I've got faith in my boys to come out on top

Must be a new feeling for you, mate? :gent:

Local Rules
30-06-2021, 11:46 AM
Bon, your teams flag is just some shitty white cross on a red back ground. It's so unimaginative I bet they just copied someone else's design and tried to palm it off as their own.

Don't be giving Denmark and Switzerland a hard time. They may not have much in terms of football but their flags are big plusses

Bon
30-06-2021, 11:47 AM
Don't be giving Denmark and Switzerland a hard time. They may not have much in terms of football but their flags are big plusses

:lulzturtle:

StannyCFCJET
30-06-2021, 12:05 PM
Must be a new feeling for you, mate? :gent:

For all of us wouldnt you say? We follow the jerks after all

Buddha
30-06-2021, 01:06 PM
PS anybody who disagrees with the Sweden red this morning is a fool.

Winning the ball does nae matter when it's serious foul play. You cant just follow through like that and obliterate a blokes knee.

Frodo
30-06-2021, 01:19 PM
PS anybody who disagrees with the Sweden red this morning is a fool.

Winning the ball does nae matter when it's serious foul play. You cant just follow through like that and obliterate a blokes knee.

I disagree. There was no player there when he swung at the ball, the attacker ran in when he wasn't going to get the ball anyway and they collided. If the attacking player was trying to win the ball he would have been running towards goal and hoping that the CB missed it. The fact that he was running towards the player means that he was attempting to make a tackle himself. He got in the way of the swing, not the defender who only had eyes for the ball, won the ball and before he could react there was an attacker right where his momentum was taking him. Looked completely fine at full speed, it only looked bad in a still image because of the exact point that the contact was made.

If the ref gives a yellow, as most would have, Ukraine wouldn't have complained.

Sticking by the theory that this is a red card, any time an attacker kicks a keeper it's a red card and in extra time when the Ukrainian attacker kneed the Swedish midfielder in the head, who'd dove in to block the ball himself, should have been a red card. His follow through took him into his head. Contact with the head is as dangerous as studs up, therefore no matter that he won the ball it's a red card in your world. It can't be both ways.

Bremsstrahlung
30-06-2021, 01:44 PM
I’m with Frodo.
The still image looks terrible. But it’s the context behind it.
Swedish player, takes like a step to try to clear the ball, he’s not moving at speed, he makes good contact with the ball and the Ukrainian arrives late to the challenge and runs into the foot of him.
The Ukrainian rushes in and provides the “speed” element to the “tackle”. The contact point is unfortunate, as is the players injury but I don’t think the Swedish player had any malice and effectively performed a routine clearance with a player running into his follow through.

I mean, if we are okay with sending him off for the contact, then I think that sets a precedence for what other players can milk. We see Pickford go in on VVD in an attempted challenge and gets far less.
Everytime a keeper comes for the ball in the air and leads with knees, I’d be sprinting in to make some contact and get the keeper sent off.

Buddha
30-06-2021, 02:13 PM
Here's the thing,

Nowhere in the laws does it state that getting the ball = no foul. People need to stop using that as a defence for endangering the safety of an opponent

As per the IFAB law for serious foul play

"a tackle of challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play"

"any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play"

Sure he hasn't intentionally went and kicked the UKR player, but his intent is irrelevant. He has played at the ball in a matter that endangers his opponent

Co-commentator & VAR is correct. Red Card.

And of the dozen or so referees i spoke to said the exact same thing.

Frodo
30-06-2021, 03:09 PM
In your world, any attacker can go and run into a defenders boot and get them sent off. That's not true, therefore this isn't a cut and dry red card. Considering large portions of the internet, past and present players as well as pundits all disagree with you shows that it definitely wasn't a definite red card offence.

He's an Italian ref and Serie A is horrible nowadays with refs constantly trying to find any reason to award a penalty or red card throughout their games. It's a major issue with fans over there, so by the next world cup I wouldn't be surprised if this same ref wouldn't stick with his initial decision.

Frodo
30-06-2021, 03:18 PM
Piers Morgan thinks it's a red card. Therefore the nays have won, hahaha.

Buddha
30-06-2021, 04:30 PM
In your world, any attacker can go and run into a defenders boot and get them sent off. That's not true, therefore this isn't a cut and dry red card. Considering large portions of the internet, past and present players as well as pundits all disagree with you shows that it definitely wasn't a definite red card offence.

He's an Italian ref and Serie A is horrible nowadays with refs constantly trying to find any reason to award a penalty or red card throughout their games. It's a major issue with fans over there, so by the next world cup I wouldn't be surprised if this same ref wouldn't stick with his initial decision.

This isn't "my world" this is the IFAB laws and also the opinion of alot of referees. Each challenge is completely different and no two tackles are the same.

Yeah because past and present players are the best people to back your case. Players these days dont even know the rules let alone past players. Most players still believe getting the ball first = no foul. And the "internet" isn't exactly the best source either.

That nonsense about Italian refs trying to award red cards is absolute dribble and you're just trying to find an angle at every opportunity.

Here is a link that might be handy to you and many others
https://www.footballaustralia.com.au/get-involved/refereeing/become-a-referee

Frodo
30-06-2021, 06:36 PM
That nonsense about Italian refs trying to award red cards is absolute dribble and you're just trying to find an angle at every opportunity.

I mean, except for the fact that red cards increased last season and Serie A already has highest rate of red cards amongst the big 5. Serie A averages twice as many red cards per season then the EPL. EPL, Ligue 1 and Bundesliga are all trending down for comparison.

But, by all means, tell me more about how I'm just trying to find an angle, Piers.

Frodo
30-06-2021, 07:24 PM
More importantly than all this nonsense tho.

Denmark isn't even a republic, therefore it sucks.

boz-monaut
30-06-2021, 07:59 PM
Italy will win this by boring every other team to death with negative defensive football, ushering in a new era of catenaccio

or England will win and we'll never hear the end of it

nah. the real final will be the semi featuring Italy/Belguim/Swissland/Spain

Bremsstrahlung
30-06-2021, 08:38 PM
I think he was unlucky to get a red. I can see why he got it, I just think it's very unfortunate and unlucky. He does everything right. He barely moves to the ball, he goes for contact with the ball with studs down, clears the ball as he falls to the ground, which causes his studs to come up, and old mate comes charging in and gets the contact. So I don't really agree with the "horrible tackle" comments.... (See Pickford vs VVD for a horrible unpunished tackle)...

the slow motion and still images look horrible. If somebody showed me a picture of that, I'd say red card every day of the week. So I can see why he 'needed'* to be sent. (*more questions would be asked if he stayed on, opposed to if he was sent)
I think, if it's a glancing blow to the leg, causing no hyperextension of the knee, he stays on.

Anyway. At least you're not this bloke. This was unlucky. Championship playoff game (3:15) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3TmO-106o0

Frodo
30-06-2021, 10:35 PM
Anyway. At least you're not this bloke. This was unlucky. Championship playoff game (3:15) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3TmO-106o0

Yeah, still can't get over how sure the ref was too. It looked like a slip at first view, then the slow-mo showed it was innocuous and unlucky. A yellow would have sufficed there, but the ref obviously couldn't go back on his original call.

Bon
01-07-2021, 12:23 PM
More importantly than all this nonsense tho.

Denmark isn't even a republic, therefore it sucks.

Ok mate, now that you've realised which country you are actually supporting..

What have you got in Czech? Amazing beer and beautiful women...............

Oh.. Umm...
Football is always the winner!!!

baldrick
03-07-2021, 12:18 PM
Play on for this tackle too I s’pose ?

https://twitter.com/matthewstanger/status/1411130117548609539?s=21

StannyCFCJET
03-07-2021, 12:24 PM
I knew my boys would win

Bremsstrahlung
03-07-2021, 02:03 PM
My goodness I just hate Italy. They played better this game. Great goal for Insigne.
Swiss did themselves proud. Would’ve loved to see them beat Spain. Sommer was immense.

Just can’t stand Italy and their diving shit.

Idk who I want to win out of Italy Spain. Italy should take care of them though.

Ghost of Plague
03-07-2021, 07:20 PM
Im not saying they haven't earned the rep, but the Italians of today are nothing like the past.
Super mobile, comfortable in possession and those 2 freaks at the back controlling everything.
Mancini has done a great job and deserves way more credit than he gets.
Plus the Italians give a shit, say what you want about them but everyone in Italy is behind them compare that to the whingeing of France, Spanish and English fans.
Italy doing well is great for the sport.
Hope they win it all.

StannyCFCJET
03-07-2021, 08:02 PM
Any team would love having someone like Jorgingo pulling strings in midfield

Bremsstrahlung
03-07-2021, 08:22 PM
Also surprised Vertongen didn’t get a red for his clearance before the goal when immobile went down like a sack of shit.

Ghost of Plague
03-07-2021, 09:47 PM
Any team would love having someone like Jorgingo pulling strings in midfield

All Chelsea homerism aside Stanny hes been immense.

StannyCFCJET
03-07-2021, 09:58 PM
All Chelsea homerism aside Stanny hes been immense.

Always is if you use a system that protects him

Bremsstrahlung
04-07-2021, 09:26 AM
Denmark having a dream tournament atm. Good on them. Would love to see them beat England.
They said the two played in nations league and England didn’t score against them. Think both teams will be wanting to win more though.
Mismatch in Ukraine V England. 0 mins stoppage time at end of game haha.

Frodo
04-07-2021, 09:34 AM
Screw you Bon you dirty bakery treat loving person...

That said, man I hope Denmark beat England, it would be amazing.

Italy vs Denmark final is my prediction, hope. Then I'll have to want Stanny to lose at the final hurdle, haha.

Bon
06-07-2021, 12:37 PM
So who do we have left?

Italy (Stanny) vs Spain (Ghost of Plague)
and
Denmark (Bon) vs England (Brem)

StannyCFCJET
06-07-2021, 02:38 PM
I'm very confident. I'm jinxed it now

Bremsstrahlung
06-07-2021, 06:53 PM
See you next round Stanny….
3rd place playoff should be a hoot for us.

StannyCFCJET
06-07-2021, 07:22 PM
See you next round Stanny….
3rd place playoff should be a hoot for us.

Funny thing all the teams have Chelsea players so Im happy with whoever wins

Retro Jet
06-07-2021, 11:58 PM
Play on for this tackle too I s’pose ?

https://twitter.com/matthewstanger/status/1411130117548609539?s=21

Considering Roy got 10 weeks for his effort, I was bemused to hear that Gabriel Jesus was 'in contention for the final' should Brazil make it.
That comment was made at the time of writing, just after the Chile game.
One game for that? FMGWACB...

StannyCFCJET
07-07-2021, 11:19 AM
Wow what a game

Bremsstrahlung
08-07-2021, 06:30 AM
Farkkkkkkkkkkkk, what a hit.

Bremsstrahlung
08-07-2021, 08:14 AM
Gee, I’d be interested to see some more replays.

Ghost of Plague
08-07-2021, 10:14 AM

One of those 'no way its a pen but no way you can overturn it' type decisions.
Sometimes you get them, sometimes you don't.

England the better team though so more than ok with them going through.

All thats left is for England to screw it up royally in the final and we can all get back to normal.

Frodo
08-07-2021, 10:30 AM

I am struggling to see how they didn't let him look at the monitor again. He would have overturned that instantly. Keeper had the ball at the same time as he hit the ground, he always diving down rather than trying to score and neither Denmark player touched him enough to justify him going down.

How weird is that now, Italy are the good guys in this final. England were the ones caught out for their diving antics (Kane spent more time looking at the grass then trying to win the game the giant flog that he is) and Italy have somehow kept their noses pretty clean. Even Spain fans are backing them in the final.

Frodo
08-07-2021, 10:37 AM
I said to Bon this morning that I can't wait for Italy to win so Kane can finally deal with the fact that he'll never win a trophy and will be forgotten by everyone outside of the Spurs fanbase in a few years, lol.

Seriously, Slobber Face and Southgate are going to be hung out to dry by England fans for wasting so much talent and playing like shit all tournament. I loved seeing Kane walk up to the penalty spot knowing full well in his heart that Schmeichel had his number and was about to save his piss weak attempt. Sterling only dove because he knew that Pickford wasn't going to stop any and Schmeichel was if they went to a shootout. Italy will hopefully restore balance to the footballing world and send these pastey pricks back home in tears.

Bon
08-07-2021, 10:44 AM
It's a strange time, when Italy aren't the worst diving team in a game.. :gent:

Bremsstrahlung
08-07-2021, 01:02 PM
Live, I thought it was a nailed on pen. You could see it happening.

Doesn’t help that there’s no conclusive evidence one way or another.
The initial challenge looks like it makes no impact or contact.
Then the hip to hip that they show as the “reason” or footage “VaR” showed is when he’s on his way down.

I think it definitely warranted a second look at the monitors.
Difficult for somebody in a box to say there was definitively no contact.

Buddha
08-07-2021, 01:08 PM
If you wanted confirmation is wasn't a pen, international chief of referees (in his own mind) Brenton Speed said it was a nailed on pen

/discussion

StannyCFCJET
08-07-2021, 01:52 PM
If England man mark Jorginho they win

Frodo
08-07-2021, 02:25 PM
Both Arsene Wenger and Jose Mourinho said it wasn't a penalty directly after the game. If those two can agree on something, it must be irrefutable fact.

Bremsstrahlung
08-07-2021, 05:15 PM
If England man mark Jorginho they win

superstar Chelsea player mason mount should man mark him.

StannyCFCJET
08-07-2021, 07:42 PM
superstar Chelsea player mason mount should man mark him.

I reckon he will

Bon
09-07-2021, 11:18 AM
Poms getting fined for booing Danish national anthem, letting off fireworks, and shining laser pointer in Schmeichel's eyes during the penalty..

Bremsstrahlung
12-07-2021, 08:54 AM
Wow

Bon
12-07-2021, 09:48 AM
Congrats on the win, Stanny!!!

StannyCFCJET
12-07-2021, 10:52 AM
Congrats on the win, Stanny!!!

Being a European champion is just the norm now

Retro Jet
12-07-2021, 12:41 PM
Well, apart from Stanny (congrats), I bet there's one little German girl who's laughing now...and all of phucking Scotland!
:rof:

Retro Jet
12-07-2021, 12:44 PM
https://youtu.be/sMeqiRVZsyo

Pre-game scenes.

Ol' mate in the orange vest - sign him up Gareth!
Maybe he can take a pen, unlike the 2 he brought on for the express purpose of taking them...

Jetmaster
12-07-2021, 01:00 PM
Poor kid will be crucified.

Big ups for stepping forward but the risk of missing was always there.

At least if an experienced head like Henderson missed he would be able to move on.

Baddiel and Skinner will be chuffed that the "Football's Coming Home" gravy train will go at least another tournament.

Retro Jet
12-07-2021, 01:26 PM
Poor kid will be crucified.

Big ups for stepping forward but the risk of missing was always there.

At least if an experienced head like Henderson missed he would be able to move on.

Baddiel and Skinner will be chuffed that the "Football's Coming Home" gravy train will go at least another tournament.

If you're talking about Sancho, at least it was 'on target'. Rashfird: Donnarumma went the wrong way but these small percentages get ya...
Saka: I said it to a mate after Mbappe missed v Helvetica. "Why let a youngster take your 5th kick?"

Frodo
12-07-2021, 01:47 PM
Happy England lost, sad it was left to Saka to try and salvage the game.

Saka's never taken a senior penalty in his career, yet he put his hand up when a bunch of others were too scared too.

Henderson has lost all credibility with me now, he should never wear the captain's armband again. Grealish just showed why he doesn't deserve to start for England or play for a big club. Sterling could have won the player of the tournament if he'd scored and they went on to win. England deserved to lose purely based on the fact that a 20 yr old and a 19 yr old kid had the balls to try and win it when the senior players (Beside Kane, Rashford and Slabhead) didn't.

Jeterpool
12-07-2021, 02:06 PM
Happy England lost, sad it was left to Saka to try and salvage the game.

Saka's never taken a senior penalty in his career, yet he put his hand up when a bunch of others were too scared too.

Henderson has lost all credibility with me now, he should never wear the captain's armband again. Grealish just showed why he doesn't deserve to start for England or play for a big club. Sterling could have won the player of the tournament if he'd scored and they went on to win. England deserved to lose purely based on the fact that a 20 yr old and a 19 yr old kid had the balls to try and win it when the senior players (Beside Kane, Rashford and Slabhead) didn't.

Henderson was taken off. He wasn't on the field. What could he do?

Retro Jet
12-07-2021, 03:02 PM
I thought Maguire's pen was ballsie. Going high these days takes a pair.
I heard they're billing him for the camera :rof:

And ditto on Hendo. He wasn't given a chance to redeem himself.
I bet GS would have loved the opportunity.

Buddha
12-07-2021, 03:43 PM
Sterling and Grealish are awful penalty takers. Hench why they weren't in the first 5.

It was obvious that the first 5 selected had been hitting them well in the lead up. If Sterling & Grealish do step up and both miss it'll be "why did they take one".

Seems like alot of people here have probably only been involved in maybe 1 shootout in their life. If you have a poor technique it doesn't bode well. Especially when you're up against a mountain like Donnarumma

Of those still on the pitch at the time of the shootout i was only confident in 3 of the England team scoring a penalty. Kane, Maguire, Pickford (has a superb technique and very surprised he didnt step up himself)

Frodo
12-07-2021, 04:38 PM
Henderson was taken off. He wasn't on the field. What could he do?

He was subbed off BECAUSE he didn't want to be involved with penalties. Rashford and Sancho replaced Henderson and Walker, purely for the penalty shootout. That's a weak mentality for a captain, especially when he knew before kick off that there was 2 kids who had put their hands up ahead of him.

Frodo
12-07-2021, 04:49 PM
Sterling and Grealish are awful penalty takers. Hench why they weren't in the first 5.

It was obvious that the first 5 selected had been hitting them well in the lead up. If Sterling & Grealish do step up and both miss it'll be "why did they take one".

Seems like alot of people here have probably only been involved in maybe 1 shootout in their life. If you have a poor technique it doesn't bode well. Especially when you're up against a mountain like Donnarumma

Of those still on the pitch at the time of the shootout i was only confident in 3 of the England team scoring a penalty. Kane, Maguire, Pickford (has a superb technique and very surprised he didnt step up himself)

A poor technique and great mentality is more useful than a great technique and a fearful mentality IMO. I've been involved in many shootouts, and nerves play a much bigger part than any techniques.

My massive gripe with the takers was the order. Kane first makes some sense to ensure you get off to a good start. But, you also need a good anchor. Italy had their best penalty taker at 5, England had him at 1, their 5th had never taken a senior penalty.

By the time Saka stepped up, he'd already witnessed 2 team mates, both older and with tonnes more experience from the spot, miss their attempts. That's a huge mental hurdle to overcome, especially when facing one of the best Keepers in the world.

Buddha
12-07-2021, 04:49 PM
He was subbed off BECAUSE he didn't want to be involved with penalties. Rashford and Sancho replaced Henderson and Walker, purely for the penalty shootout. That's a weak mentality for a captain, especially when he knew before kick off that there was 2 kids who had put their hands up ahead of him.

H was subbed off because Southgate believed Sancho & Rashford were better penalty takers. You're really trying to push your narrative here aren't you.

Buddha
12-07-2021, 05:06 PM
A poor technique and great mentality is more useful than a great technique and a fearful mentality IMO. I've been involved in many shootouts, and nerves play a much bigger part than any techniques.

My massive gripe with the takers was the order. Kane first makes some sense to ensure you get off to a good start. But, you also need a good anchor. Italy had their best penalty taker at 5, England had him at 1, their 5th had never taken a senior penalty.

By the time Saka stepped up, he'd already witnessed 2 team mates, both older and with tonnes more experience from the spot, miss their attempts. That's a huge mental hurdle to overcome, especially when facing one of the best Keepers in the world.

Massively wrong on all points. 99% of saved/missed penalties are due to a poor technique. Bonucci's, Maquire's & Kane's penalties are prime examples of good technique beating a goalkeeper.

Italy's best penalty taker took their 3rd. Jorginho relies way too much on committing the goalkeeper. Bonucci is an excellent penalty taker but rarely does it for club because Ronaldo takes all their penalties.

Sancho barely takes penalties and only has featured in a shootout once, for England in a Bronze Medal Nations League Playoff which is essentially a mickey mouse cup.

The fact of the matter is England have some awful penalty takers in their mix and Southgate chose what he thought was the best 5. For a nation that always seems to be involved in them, they never seem to do well

Frodo
12-07-2021, 05:18 PM
H was subbed off because Southgate believed Sancho & Rashford were better penalty takers. You're really trying to push your narrative here aren't you.

Game before the Euros Henderson stole the ball from Calvert-Lewin on a penalty, in order to get off his duck, and missed. He was lambasted by the media and his teammates. So, it was well-known that Henderson was worried about penalty shootouts.

Southgate looking at who's scoring them at training doesn't mean squat when it's the final of the Euro's and England have a world's worth of pressure on them. If 1 of the kids is ready to step up and is gun at them, i.e. Sancho, you can understand it. But for it to get to a kid who's never taken one in his entire career, who I can tell you doesn't have a tremendous shot on him and isn't known from within our squad as being decent on penalties. (Unlike Willock and AMN who is known as the most calm taker the senior players have ever seen), Southgate has a problem.

The senior players (other than Kane, Maguire and Rashford) ran and hid when it mattered most. And IMO, a Captain absolutely needs to be there and be willing to at least take one over a kid like Saka. Shaw, Stones, Grealish are all also to blame, but as captain Jordan has a higher expectation.

Ghost of Plague
12-07-2021, 05:21 PM
Rashford sent the keeper, there was nothing wrong with his technique he just missed. Same with blokes who go down the middle. They can have a great technique and if the keeper just stands there its saved.

Kane and McGuire's pens were unstoppable. The rest were a combo of good goal keeping, good luck or just plain not executing in the moment.

I dont think for one second there was one English player who said no to taking a pen. You don't get to that level without thinking you arent capable of anything. The way the 2 kids stepped up to take theirs looked nothing like the type of personality pushing Henderson out of the way to get in front of the queue.

Totally agree with the order too, putting it all on the kid was poor management.

Big tip of the hat to the woke brigade somehow labelling this all racism too, bang up job belittling the issue yet again.

All in all just a great day for content cravers everywhere. Next step in the playbook is the fan behaviour backlash then we knuckle down for a year of utter delusion from the Pommies thinking they are gonna get things right in Qatar.

The world is healing.

StannyCFCJET
12-07-2021, 07:07 PM
England playing defensive cost them not the pens. Should've played Sancho, Grealish from the start and stuck Mount behind Kane who could also Harras Jorginho. Should of also had Reece James on the right if he was gonna play 5 at the back

Bremsstrahlung
12-07-2021, 07:15 PM
You forgot chilwell.

Bremsstrahlung
12-07-2021, 07:17 PM
England’s midfield was the poorest midfield I can remember.

StannyCFCJET
12-07-2021, 07:18 PM
You forgot chilwell.

Nah Shaw gets in ahead of Chillwell atm. Had a better season just form wise and has been good in the Euros

Frodo
12-07-2021, 07:33 PM
Nah Shaw gets in ahead of Chillwell atm. Had a better season just form wise and has been good in the Euros

Wooosh.

Jeterpool
12-07-2021, 08:04 PM

Ok. But its it fact that he made the decision? Or did the manager?

Jetmaster
12-07-2021, 08:24 PM
Big tip of the hat to the woke brigade somehow labelling this all racism too, bang up job belittling the issue yet again.

Some of the mainstream have just tried to hijack the event with negativity. 24% more domestic violence if England won, 36% more if they lost. Thousands of drunken hooligans causing trouble and kicking little kids. COVID spreading. Reading about racist comments without seeing them, are they racist or are these guys just copping it for missing? What was actually said?
Even suggestions the changes were because the original penalty list wasn't diverse enough.

World is mad....not much media love really for Italy as it is all good news.

Frodo
12-07-2021, 08:43 PM
Ok. But its it fact that he made the decision? Or did the manager?

The manager and the player obviously speak before the game and decide who wants to take penalties, then the manager chooses his 5. So Southgate may not have chosen him to be in his 5.

But the fact that Henderson wasn't even on the pitch during the penalty shootout, is a sign that he definitely didn't want to take one. If he had wanted to take one, but Southgate didn't rate him as a quality option, he could have named him at 9 or 10 on the list. At least his presence is out there to keep the team focused and calm. I don't think he's a superb footballer, but he is a good leader.

Just to clarify, I don't want people to think I'm shitting on him just cause he's from Liverpool or that I'm blaming him for the loss or anything. I just hold him to a higher standard than say Shaw or Stones because he is meant to be a leader. When it comes to the biggest game of the tournament, when they are a few key moments that will decide the fate of the footballing nation... Would you rather rely on a UCL and EPL title winning captain, who's played at a World Cup, etc, etc, or rely on a 19 yr old who's never taken a competitive penalty in his entire career?

I simply can't get my head around Henderson either not wanting to take one. Or even if I'm wrong, Southgate thinking that he wasn't needed out there with the group during the end.

Frodo
12-07-2021, 08:47 PM
Some of the mainstream have just tried to hijack the event with negativity. 24% more domestic violence if England won, 36% more if they lost. Thousands of drunken hooligans causing trouble and kicking little kids. COVID spreading. Reading about racist comments without seeing them, are they racist or are these guys just copping it for missing? What was actually said?
Even suggestions the changes were because the original penalty list wasn't diverse enough.

World is mad....not much media love really for Italy as it is all good news.

You can see the Instagram comments section of all three full of monkey emojis and the N word. Same with Twitter. Reddit mods had to shut down comments and posts for various subs cause they couldn't delete the racist comments quick enough.

Ghost of Plague
12-07-2021, 09:26 PM
Just to be clear my point about the racism is not about the players copping abuse from retards on socials, it was the talking point of Southgate somehow being racist by setting the 3 of them up to fail.

It was some wild shit man.

Bremsstrahlung
13-07-2021, 07:00 AM
The manager and the player obviously speak before the game and decide who wants to take penalties, then the manager chooses his 5. So Southgate may not have chosen him to be in his 5.

But the fact that Henderson wasn't even on the pitch during the penalty shootout, is a sign that he definitely didn't want to take one. If he had wanted to take one, but Southgate didn't rate him as a quality option, he could have named him at 9 or 10 on the list. At least his presence is out there to keep the team focused and calm. I don't think he's a superb footballer, but he is a good leader.

Just to clarify, I don't want people to think I'm shitting on him just cause he's from Liverpool or that I'm blaming him for the loss or anything. I just hold him to a higher standard than say Shaw or Stones because he is meant to be a leader. When it comes to the biggest game of the tournament, when they are a few key moments that will decide the fate of the footballing nation... Would you rather rely on a UCL and EPL title winning captain, who's played at a World Cup, etc, etc, or rely on a 19 yr old who's never taken a competitive penalty in his entire career?

I simply can't get my head around Henderson either not wanting to take one. Or even if I'm wrong, Southgate thinking that he wasn't needed out there with the group during the end.

Feel like this should’ve been the OP haha.

Imo, I think Henderson’s confidence was shot after his miss and the associated criticism he copped has swayed him and Southgate into thinking he was not a great option. Bloke hasn’t even scored for England in 50 odd games. He has scored one in-game penalty in his EPL career. With all the information, I don’t think he’s a good penalty taker, and some would say it would be very arrogant of him to step up again. Some might say it’s strength to admit, “hey I’m not great at pens, happy to be one of the people Sacrificed for better pen takers”. Rashford and Sancho both scored pens before.

I’ve always thought people that played their part in the tournament should be the ones to lose a shootout. You don’t want your bench strikers all coming on after playing 0 minutes all tournament and missing and losing you the game. If you’re gonna lose, I think you prefer the likes of your Maguire,Phillips, stones, Pickford, Kane, Sterling and Saka to miss as they contributed alot to get England there. But that’s letting sentiment get in the way.

I do get your point about having Henderson there as a calming senior figure. I see that.

I think Sterling and Pickford should have been considered.
Overall penalties is a lucky dip. Pickford and donnaruma both did exceptionally well. Example in Jorginho, Pickford waiting for him to make his move, Jorginho not seeing keeper commit and hits a weak shot.

I remember reading Mark Schwarzers book and he went into the maths of a pen. Eg the speed of ball, reaction time, how long it takes to dive into the corner etc, basically the take home was if you strike the ball with all your power, the keeper waits til you strike the ball, there’s zero chance of stopping it. I’d be very curious to see the efficacy of pen takers who just smash it in vs the stuttering runs and little dinks or “selling” the keeper.

Anyway, I think England has potential to bury that game early, go after a second goal. I think they would’ve got it tbh. They gave Italy too much ball and watched their confidence build until it was almost inevitable they equalised.

Jetmaster
13-07-2021, 09:28 AM
Just to be clear my point about the racism is not about the players copping abuse from retards on socials, it was the talking point of Southgate somehow being racist by setting the 3 of them up to fail.

It was some wild shit man.

Agree - people just "look" for this crap to cause trouble.

As someone said last night, there were 11 Englishmen on the pitch, end of.

Frodo
13-07-2021, 11:35 AM
Agree - people just "look" for this crap to cause trouble.

As someone said last night, there were 11 Englishmen on the pitch, end of.

I was thankfully confused when you guys mentioned the racism links to the penalty takers, as I genuinely hadn't seen anything about it. I had a look and yeah, whoever made a link between the colour of their skin and Southgate "setting them up for failure" is obviously mentally unhealthy and needs to sort themselves out.

Frodo
13-07-2021, 11:46 AM
Anyone see this.

https://twitter.com/MarcusRashford/status/1414672529717964807

Idiots trashed his mural first up, then they covered it up quickly with a black tarp. The next day a bunch of local kids wrote lovely messages out to Rashford and stuck them up.

Saka's Instagram was absolutely smashed with racists straight after the miss, but now his socials are being overwhelmingly flooded with positive messages. Even Tottenham ultras tweeted out a message of support and gave up details of racist spewing people. Other clubs have gotten behind all 3, even Barcelona this morning. All good to see.

Can't wait for the day that these oxygen stealing idiots realise they are small and insignificant, plus hopefully soon they are forced to answer for it. See how quickly they change their views when their boss won't let them come into work and most of their friends ostracize them.

Jeterpool
13-07-2021, 02:38 PM
https://twitter.com/JackGrealish/status/1414522271859888132

Grealish wanted to take one too.

Ghost of Plague
13-07-2021, 09:51 PM
Imo, I think Henderson’s confidence was shot after his miss and the associated criticism he copped has swayed him and Southgate into thinking he was not a great option. Bloke hasn’t even scored for England in 50 odd games. He has scored one in-game penalty in his EPL career.

Pedantic but im sure Henderson scored in the knock-out round vs Ukraine.
Still, 1 goal in 50 odd is just as shit as zero in 50 odd.

Im here for all the Henderson slander. He just seems like an asshole of a team-mate always blowing up at minor crap in the name of "spirit" OOOH LOOK HE JUST WANTS IT MORE THAN NORMAL PEEPLE.
Just like Carragher, **** that guy, useless shit he was.