PDA

View Full Version : Emile Heskey

Pages : 1 [2]

furns
27-10-2012, 10:02 PM
Most football pundits worth their salt, and any professional player who has half a brain, would know the role heskey played for much of his career and don't buy into the "he's shit" line taken by lazy and uneducated journos/fans.hes like a young Lenny Henry Gaz?

:lulz:

seldom
27-10-2012, 10:06 PM
That also being said I don't think we have really gotten great value out of Heskey yet. His general play can still improve out of sight in my eyes and he should be getting into more goal scoring situations than he has been.

Maybe give him a call tell him where he's goin wrong...point him in the right direction etc

Muswellbrookian
27-10-2012, 10:18 PM
and the Poms saying how shit the HAL are are the usual internet knobs who post comments on UK tabloid articles
therefore - they are full of shit and have no ****ing clue what they are on about.

This. I'm living in the UK at the moment and most (seemingly educated) football fans I've spoken to either understand what Heskey's real qualities have been over the years or don't spend much or any time thinking about the A-League anyway, so they don't seem to have any real opinion about how his current performances are reflecting on the league. To be honest it's very obvious that the fact that Heskey and del Piero are playing over there has raised the profile of the league and the attention given to it, even if it hasn't done much for general international assessments of the league.

(People over here are really amused by the whole Heskey Cam thing, though. And the fact that the first lot of "HESKEY - #9" jerseys sold out so quickly.)

furns
27-10-2012, 10:20 PM
do they realise that it was ADP Cam and then Ono Cam before it was Heskey Cam?

And its not a regular thing? :rolleyes:

Muswellbrookian
27-10-2012, 10:24 PM
That's the thing, I don't think so. The UK media has been pretty shit at portraying that side of the story, which fits perfectly with their pathetic agenda against Heskey.

(Personally I think even the concept of the ADP Cam was a bloody joke. We all know it was just part of Fox Sports' Sydney wankfest and that they only extended the idea to Ono and Heskey to try and appear impartial.)

MFKS
27-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Maybe give him a call tell him where he's goin wrong...point him in the right direction etc

Happy to leave that in the hands of the man himself.

Would say the coaching staff should play some role but with Deans and Zane on board we know that is a lost cause!!

Biggest problem I think he has is that he wasn't close to being fit enough when he got here. Not saying he was out of shape or fat or anything like that. Just that his fitness level wasn't anywhere what it will be like in another 6 weeks time. His teammates have had the benefit of being prepared with the pre season and Heskey has come in a little under done from training on his own to keep in nick. Would love to see how he had of done in the first 4 weeks if Heskey had of been signed in July instead of September

militiamon
27-10-2012, 10:45 PM
lol...if this is seriously the biggest problem we have at the moment then we must be doing pretty well.

I for one am proud of the fact that we have such an underrated genius in our team.

seldom
27-10-2012, 10:50 PM
don't like how he scores two goals,wins us the game and then leaves the game early...Heskey out !

Grunta
28-10-2012, 09:16 AM
don't like how he scores two goals,wins us the game and then leaves the game early...Heskey out !

This.

We should refuse to get use to this level of success. I liked it better when we could simply watch the boys lose a wonder what it would be like to have someone that could score goals.

Besides my voice can't take the yelling and screaming that comes from cheering the team to victory.

Heskey out

The Dunster
28-10-2012, 09:24 AM
To be honest I cannot see Heskey scoring 50 goals for us the season. He's probably good for 25 goals a season :gent:

Grunta
28-10-2012, 09:42 AM
To be honest I cannot see Heskey scoring 50 goals for us the season. He's probably good for 25 goals a season :gent:

I agree Dunster, therefore we ask ourselves "is he worth it"

Bluebeard
28-10-2012, 02:26 PM
I have been on the Jets on line store and was disappointed by the lack of Heskey merchandise available.
With Heskey mania growing on a weekly basis I would like to see a Heskey, esky range of goods.

Imagine sitting in your back yard on a lovely warm evening or weekend afternoon and reaching down to a Hesky, esky, removing a cold beer (a number 9 Hesky beer) brewed & bottled in the Hunter special edition & plonking it in a Hesky stubby holder and opening it with a Hesky bottle opener.

The possible design of the esky would be the main container being blue and red with the Jets logo, with the lid being in gold with the smiling face of Emile.

Come on jets I am cashed up and want to spend

Portillo
28-10-2012, 03:08 PM
I have been on the Jets on line store and was disappointed by the lack of Heskey merchandise available.
With Heskey mania growing on a weekly basis I would like to see a Heskey, esky range of goods.

Imagine sitting in your back yard on a lovely warm evening or weekend afternoon and reaching down to a Hesky, esky, removing a cold beer (a number 9 Hesky beer) brewed & bottled in the Hunter special edition & plonking it in a Hesky stubby holder and opening it with a Hesky bottle opener.

The possible design of the esky would be the main container being blue and red with the Jets logo, with the lid being in gold with the smiling face of Emile.

Are you sure your not just an alcoholic? ;)

Jetmaster
28-10-2012, 09:47 PM

Come on jets I am cashed up and want to spend

Sorta like this ??

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A4j22OeCEAE9uKE.jpg

sammydog
28-10-2012, 09:50 PM
We would have 22,000 members if that was the membership kit.

Raw Boned Youngster
28-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Maybe the smiling face could have a protruding tooth that could be used as a bottle opener.
That would be pretty Newie.

Actually, why not a 3D image of Emile that covered all of the esky?
Underneath, for example, you would find Emile's buttocks. By simple flipping the esky, you could insert the stubbie , twist, and the lid would come off.
Similar things could be done with eye socket ( on lid ) , belly button ( front / middle ) , arm pit ( side ) etc.
Depending on the score in the game, fans could choose the appropriate orifice to open the bottle.

MFKS
28-10-2012, 09:58 PM
Sorta like this ??

Hey Jetmaster when can you start production of these little wonders of joy in light of HSG's failure to provide the fans with what they want??

Be magic if you could fill the void HSG have left so we were all able to turn up to the games with our very own Heskey Esky

Superdylan
28-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Lols the heskeys bitch chant has made 69,000 YouTube views

seldom
29-10-2012, 12:47 AM
Sorta like this ??

lol...that's quality

Jetmaster
29-10-2012, 08:53 AM
Hey Jetmaster when can you start production of these little wonders of joy in light of HSG's failure to provide the fans with what they want??

Be magic if you could fill the void HSG have left so we were all able to turn up to the games with our very own Heskey Esky

Actually not my doing.....it was off Aaron Kearney's Twitter at the start of the season !

Portillo
29-10-2012, 09:16 PM
Australian Newcastle Jets vs Sydney Victory!

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Emile-Heskey-wows-Aussies-starring-role/story-17192277-detail/story.html

plague
13-11-2012, 11:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6Y5xCoKunY8

I have no idea what this is.

Superdylan
14-11-2012, 12:48 AM
One of the strangest things I have come across on YouTube.

q-money
14-11-2012, 01:22 AM
why were you jacking to it pal?

WolfMan
14-11-2012, 07:05 AM
why were you jacking to it pal?

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/362/064/144.jpg

Portillo
17-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Interview with Heskey.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20363054

belchardo
18-11-2012, 08:40 AM
feeling a hat-trick for emile today.

Jetmaster
18-11-2012, 11:52 AM
feeling a hat-trick for emile today.

Needs to now to get ahead of McBean...

pv4
19-11-2012, 10:11 AM
holy shit

heskey actually did a heskeytime face irl

http://i50.tinypic.com/35mjj8x.jpg

#newavatar

:lulzturtle:

Portillo
21-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Heskey’s form suggests that Aussie league is a similar level to England’s League Two but the poor standard hasn’t stopped fans turning up in their droves to support the former England international.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/11/19/emile-heskey-rules-out-premier-league-return-and-insists-he-is-happy-down-under/

q-money
21-11-2012, 09:46 PM
gawd that article gave me cancer

belchardo
21-11-2012, 09:57 PM
“Aussi"... US network Fox Sports...Aussi

quality journalism that is.

belchardo
21-11-2012, 09:59 PM
oh, and just so we don't bump up his hits too much.

Emile Heskey Rules Out Premier League Return And Insists He Is Happy Down Under

Emile Heskey is enjoying life in the A-League so much that he is already talking about extending his stay with the Newcastle Jets into next season.

Heskey, 33, has scored 5 goals in 6 games to life his new team to third on the current season ladder.

“Extending my stay is up to the owner and the manager but hopefully I will do enough to be granted a new contract.

“Hopefully we will look at that later on, so I’m just keeping an open mind on it until then.”

SOURCE: Daily Mirror (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-boss-brendan-rodgers-wants-1444447)

Gutting! Emile “the Aussi goal-machine” Heskey has ruled out a return to the Premier League, insisting that he is loving life Down Under.

And why not? The 33-year-old carthorse is tearing up the A-League and has bagged 5 goals in his first 6 matches – the same number he managed during two whole seasons in the Premier League!

Heskey’s form suggests that Aussi league is a similar level to England’s League Two but the poor standard hasn’t stopped fans turning up in their droves to support the former England international.

Indeed, Heskey is gaining something of cult following Down Under and Newcastle Jets fans have already made up a catchy chant for their new star. What’s more, US network Fox Sports has introduced ‘Heskey Cam’ to their coverage of Jets games, an interactive service that allows fans to witness the every move of their new ‘hero’ during matches.

With his newfound stardom, plus the approaching Aussi summer, it’s easy to understand why Heskey is so settled in Oz.

Bad luck Liverpool, he’s not for sale.

seldom
21-11-2012, 10:21 PM
compliment while takin the piss...bravo

furns
22-11-2012, 11:59 AM
More shit in that than a Rebecca Wilson article ffs

Grunta
22-11-2012, 07:34 PM
I follow League 2 so i reckon We are top half of League 1 at least, maybe bottom half of The championship league.

russjaybee
23-11-2012, 10:27 AM
We would not compete in the championship imo, would be relegated. Did you see our performance against wello?
All the championship football I've seen is at quite a pace and seems much quicker than the a-league.

Muswellbrookian
23-11-2012, 10:36 AM
We would not compete in the championship imo, would be relegated. Did you see our performance against wello?
All the championship football I've seen is at quite a pace and seems much quicker than the a-league.

This. Went to my first ever UCL game last night, too (Arsenal v. Montpellier), and just...wow. The A-League's come a long way and is doing really well, but we still have so far to go. As long as people keep daring to dream, we'll keep getting closer!

(Not trying to be a Euro-snob, because I f*cking hate Euro-snobs and the Jets will always be my first and deepest football love, but I was just surprised by how quick and skilled some of these blokes are. Watching them on TV really doesn't do it justice.)

Portillo
23-11-2012, 04:09 PM
A-League teams have defeated premier league teams in friendlies. Obviously its preseason but its still good to get a win.

russjaybee
23-11-2012, 04:50 PM
Remind me which EPL teams have lost in aus? I remember everton touring and winning all 3 games, Sydney had their festival of football with Rovers who beat sydney?
My memory sucks.

militiamon
23-11-2012, 06:15 PM
Fulham lost to GCU.

Jetmaster
24-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Get your act together Tinks and offer the man an extension in January as he requests, otherwise he'll be off...

Thomas477
30-12-2012, 12:09 AM
Congrats to Heskey on equalling his tally for England within only 13 games (7 goals over 62 games).

seldom
30-12-2012, 02:01 AM
Congrats to Heskey on equalling his tally for England within only 13 games (7 goals over 62 games).

and commiserations to HAL defenders for being ordinary

MFKS
05-01-2013, 10:50 PM
Newcastle Jets striker Emile Heskey told newcastlejets.com.au that he left the field mid-way through his team’s nil-all draw with Adelaide United as a pre-caution.

“Early in the first half my thigh felt tight and while it didn’t get worse I could still feel it there,” he said.

“It was one of those ones where you have to decide to come out or carry on and see if you can make it through the match.

“I though it was best to pull out in case I made it worse.

“Hopefully it will be ok.”

Heskey was full of praise for his teammates who he said put in a massive performance during their first clean sheet of the 2012/13 season.

“We were really well organised and very hard to break down and I think that was one of the main reasons why we managed to keep a clean sheet,” Heskey said.

“The lads at the back did really well and deserve all the praise.

“We created some good chances and were a bit unlucky not to come away with something more but a clean sheet is a major plus for us.”

I am calling it now gone for the season.

Judging by the minor injuries Kanta and Jobe suffered and have kept both them out for like ever. No way in the world Heskeytime is playing through this.

Probably have a leg amputated by morning

Grimario
05-01-2013, 11:06 PM
6-8 weeks, for sure.

q-money
05-01-2013, 11:13 PM
RIP brah

http://www.freewebs.com/greg3942/image017-71%20black%20soldier%20crying.jpg

semper fi

Zico
06-01-2013, 11:32 AM
He may have had enough of playing with these bunch of hacks along with the pathetic GVE and decided to make the most of the January transfer window?

BodyNovo
06-01-2013, 06:38 PM
i might be the only one but i thought we actually handled ourselves well without heskey in the 2nd half yesterday

with heskey of the pitch a lot of things changed.

- taagart pressured high up the pitch and didn't stop running
- the long ball option/get out was eliminated and the back four had to play the ball out
- griff was given more freedom as taagart was doing all the hard work instead of griff usually when heskey is on the field.
- the wingers were more inclined to mix up there crosses instead of hoofing it to heskeys head.

will be interesting to see what happens this week if heskey doesn't play. i'd personally like to see this if so

----------------------Biraz----------------------
Brilliante---Reegz--------Chapman----Ritter
-----------------Jobe------Rubez
----------------------Griff----------------------
Chilli----------------Taagz------------Goodwin

belchardo
06-01-2013, 07:47 PM
i might be the only one but i thought we actually handled ourselves well without heskey in the 2nd half yesterday

with heskey of the pitch a lot of things changed.

- taagart pressured high up the pitch and didn't stop running
- the long ball option/get out was eliminated and the back four had to play the ball out
- griff was given more freedom as taagart was doing all the hard work instead of griff usually when heskey is on the field.
- the wingers were more inclined to mix up there crosses instead of hoofing it to heskeys head.

yeah, i agree, i think we were better when he went off.

Tommyjet
06-01-2013, 08:43 PM

Same although there was a headed chance in the second half where I think we were wishing big Emily was still out there

De-Champ
07-01-2013, 02:17 PM

I think its a case of when Heskey is playing, just hoof the ball up to him and hope for the best, when he went off, The Jets actually tries to play football.

belchardo
07-01-2013, 02:20 PM
I think its a case of when Heskey is playing, just hoof the ball up to him and hope for the best, when he went off, The Jets actually tries to play football.

agreed. gve's fault, not his.

The Dunster
07-01-2013, 02:33 PM
We were hoofing the ball a lot last season as well so I don't think Heskey is the problem.

And we shouldn't think too much about pre-season games against state-league teams because none of them were good enough to pressure the Jets defence, which allowed us to hold the ball and pass it around a lot easier.

cobra23
07-01-2013, 02:41 PM
We were hoofing the ball a lot last season as well so I don't think Heskey is the problem.

And we shouldn't think too much about pre-season games against state-league teams because none of them were good enough to pressure the Jets defence, which allowed us to hold the ball and pass it around a lot easier.

Agree,
Heskey brings more to us than what we give to him.
The poor bloke needs a break.
Although i would have thought he would have popped his shoulder out before doing his legs,
CARRYING 9 other blokes arond for 90mins a game. zadman is the only other bloke who is consistant who doesnt need carrying at the moment

Grimario
07-01-2013, 02:47 PM
Anyone notice that the few times we get the transition right and it comes along the ground, Heskey is pretty awesome at playing with his back to goal and the ball coming in to his feet? Maybe GVE might try having them play it on the deck a bit, like his philosophy is supposed to be all about.

cobra23
07-01-2013, 02:54 PM
I think if you do get a chance to ask Hesk what would he'd prefer, i bet it would be crosses from our wingers into the box or balls direct to him with his back turned to the goals around the 18yard box rather than getting hoofed from 400 metres away in the air. yes he will always win the ball,but to no prevail as the next bloke is 50 metres away.

howardyou
07-01-2013, 03:16 PM
We generally hoof the long ball after a period of possession at the back. Our midfielders have been closed down because we don't move the ball forward quickly enough. The oppossition players then start to move toward us and press from the front. This results in no other option than a long ball to Heskey.

In other words: Our transition from defence to attack is be stymied by GVE's want of possession. This in turn forces us to play a 50-50 ball where we generally lose it. I think a quick passing game dominates games much more effectively than a possession based system.

NewcastleForLife
07-01-2013, 03:22 PM
Anyone notice that the few times we get the transition right and it comes along the ground, Heskey is pretty awesome at playing with his back to goal and the ball coming in to his feet? Maybe GVE might try having them play it on the deck a bit, like his philosophy is supposed to be all about.

+1, against (I think) victory away before nye he was amazing receiving the ball with his back to goal and if the finishing was just a little better he'd have an assist or two.
He either needs the ball at his feet or for it to be a cross onto his head, otherwise he won't (nor will anyone) be able to do anything.

goaliepersempre
07-01-2013, 04:54 PM
the guy is a quality footballer, great touch and can pass... ITS BECAUSE WE HAVE AN INEPT COACH.... that has no idea...

Zico
07-01-2013, 05:28 PM
the guy is a quality footballer, great touch and can pass... ITS BECAUSE WE HAVE AN INEPT COACH.... that has no idea...
+1

WolfMan
07-01-2013, 07:05 PM
From Jets' twitter

Scans on Monday have confirmed Emile Heskey has a minor strain of his hip flexor. Details here: http://t.co/dmIZlQPl #goJets

boz-monaut
10-01-2013, 05:22 PM
http://i.imgur.com/G7pXb.jpg

Buddha
10-01-2013, 05:54 PM
Not big enough

baldrick
11-01-2013, 08:34 AM
Happy birthday Emile !

scozzygt
13-01-2013, 01:08 AM
http://i.imgur.com/G7pXb.jpg

Need to b darker boz.

Jeterpool
14-01-2013, 02:23 PM
I'm going to put it out there, and I have nothing to base this on but looking at the situation on the surface.

I think our ability to re-sign Heskey or keep him in the A-League, will depend on whether Leicester City can return to the Prem this year or not. They are currently 3rd, 2 points off second in a very congested top of the table.

If they go up, he may return to help them for one final year. I can see that happening anyway.

14-01-2013, 02:50 PM
I don't think there is any doubt he would return if Leicester showed interest, could not blame him if he wanted one last crack at the big time with his home town club.

Bon
14-01-2013, 03:14 PM
could not blame him if he wanted one last crack at the big time with his home town club.

Go the Foxes!!!!
I've still got my scarf from seeing them play at Filbert St back in 94'.. (2-2 draw with Coventry.. hahaha)

sh10
14-01-2013, 08:00 PM
I thought heskey played against brisbane with all the long ball crap in the first half

MFKS
14-01-2013, 08:07 PM
I thought heskey played against brisbane with all the long ball crap in the first half

His teammates took 20 mins to realise he wasn't there

hawk
15-01-2013, 02:18 PM
pretty sure he played. he did score the winner!

Jeterpool
22-01-2013, 01:07 PM
BTW how good were Heskey's crazy eyes early on in the match. Anyone else catch that on the coverage?

Bon
22-01-2013, 01:33 PM
BTW how good were Heskey's crazy eyes early on in the match. Anyone else catch that on the coverage?

Hahahah yeah, arguing with the ref about a foul he got pulled up on?

Jeterpool
22-01-2013, 02:38 PM
Hahahah yeah, arguing with the ref about a foul he got pulled up on?

Yeah that was it.

If i was a ref I wouldnt be pulling him up for anything after that! ha ha

Bon
22-01-2013, 02:52 PM
Yeah that was it.

If i was a ref I wouldnt be pulling him up for anything after that! ha ha

He has the best crazy-eyes, and also a pretty decent "clap-the-hands-after-missing-an-easy-header" move..

My2BobsWorth
22-01-2013, 05:56 PM
Emile will continue to give all he can for the club, but, in the last couple of years we have only had two players that can give him the type of service that he is needing and accustomed to, those being Jeffers and Bridges. Frannie is sadly gone but as I've said before Bridgey can be the difference.

MFKS
22-01-2013, 06:07 PM
Emile will continue to give all he can for the club, but, in the last couple of years we have only had two players that can give him the type of service that he is needing and accustomed to, those being Jeffers and Bridges. Frannie is sadly gone but as I've said before Bridgey can be the difference. Please enlighten us all as to what it is that Bridges would bring suddenly to the Jets that he hasn't in the last 2 years.

Pace?? Good Pass Completion Ratio?? Workrate?? Good Forward runs?? Regular and repeated quality inventitve play??

Bloke is an over rated hack who puts on one fancy move that leads to NOTHING and then gives the ball away 5 times.

Lets all tug off over a bloke who does a party trick that leads to NOTHING.

Bloke should consider himself lucky that some idiot in NEwy keeps employing him as a Pro Footballer cause not many other places would.

As for all the flogs who want him to be our coach. Spare me the BULLSHIT. What would make him a great coach because he use to play in the EPL?? Coz I can show you a hundred blokes who played EPL who are coaching hacks

My2BobsWorth
22-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Do you even believe the rubbish you come out with. He was injured for 1 year, ****wit won't give him a fair go this year, ffs.

leftrightout
22-01-2013, 06:45 PM
Emile will continue to give all he can for the club, but, in the last couple of years we have only had two players that can give him the type of service that he is needing and accustomed to, those being Jeffers and Bridges. Frannie is sadly gone but as I've said before Bridgey can be the difference.

You don't need to write that whole statement to make MFKS lose his shit. Just say bridges name and the poor fella has a heart attack! Oops sorry, theres that name again!
ready for it? Here it comes.....

Tommyjet
22-01-2013, 07:13 PM

BS

Thomas477
22-01-2013, 07:22 PM
Do you even believe the rubbish you come out with. He was injured for 1 year, ****wit won't give him a fair go this year, ffs.

Mate, I'm a big fan of Bridges, but he doesn't have the legs for 90 minutes. Bring him on as a sub sure, but I don't think he has the legs to last 90 minutes. Also if Bridges was starting, where would Brown play? Or Riberio? Or Goodwin/ Virgilli? Mate, there's only 11 allowed on the field at any one time, 12 have to miss out.

Or would you prefer GvE have a rotation policy ala Australian Cricket team? But then you have people whinging about chopping and changing. Either way, doesn't seem like GvE can win

MFKS
22-01-2013, 07:26 PM

Yep I do. :rof:

For a start Bridges come back last season it was the year before that he "RETIRED" that is where I am counting the 2 years. The Bulk of last season where he contributed SFA and the bulk of this season where he has contributed SFA

Can you enlighten me as to how it is that"****WIT" your words not mine (and I assume you are referring to our Manager in the Egg) hasn't given Bridges a fair go??

Selection is a merit based thing and enlighten me as to what it is that Bridges has been doing in training/ Games that has been ignored by the Manager?? By a fair go I assume you have some proof that Bridges has been victimised by GVE.

Basically all you are doing is speculating as to why he isn't picked.

Maybe the Egg sees what a lot of others do. Bridges is a one trick party piece pony who offers us little

Jeterpool
22-01-2013, 07:35 PM
:hijack:

hawk
22-01-2013, 07:39 PM
hesk is one of the best things we have atm

22-01-2013, 08:14 PM
What a load of rubbish member when you mention selection is merit based, how many times have players this season got a start week after week after playing like busted assholes inc Mitchell.

How many players have found themselves on the pine or out of the squad completely after the muppet came out said they went great. How the hell did Neville get a start in front of Hoole just this past weekend.

As for saying BRIDGES would not make it as a coach who the hell knows til given the opportunity, maybe not here or maybe even his experience would be helpful with developing talented youth.

As for a rotation policy, what planet were you on Thomas as this is exactly what was happening. The muppet didn't get branded the " tinker man " for no good reason. You could not watch an away game on Fox without Gary's selections and the amount of tinkering he was doing getting a mention.

As for the thread title i think Emile's ability with the ball at his feet is terribly underestimated, seems we just want to use him as some sort of ariel battering ram target man. The big fella is quite handy with the ball on the ground.

Thomas477
22-01-2013, 09:33 PM
As for a rotation policy, what planet were you on Thomas as this is exactly what was happening. The muppet didn't get branded the " tinker man " for no good reason. You could not watch an away game on Fox without Gary's selections and the amount of tinkering he was doing getting a mention.

As for the thread title i think Emile's ability with the ball at his feet is terribly underestimated, seems we just want to use him as some sort of ariel battering ram target man. The big fella is quite handy with the ball on the ground.

Earth mate. We kept losing. I would much rather see him change the squad rather then keep the same players each week and lose each week. Expecting GvE to keep the same XI each week when players are injured and suspended is ludicrous.

Agree with your second point though :P

WolfMan
22-01-2013, 10:48 PM

+1,000

seldom
23-01-2013, 12:12 AM
time to leave this thread when member for KFC is makin good points...i'm outta here

Jeterpool
23-01-2013, 07:58 AM
+1,000

Just a thousand?

My2BobsWorth
25-01-2013, 08:25 PM
Been like watching grass grow lately, and if he fvcks off what do we have, Gold Coast.

stopper2
03-02-2013, 03:00 PM
Is Heskey the right fit for this team, for this club? I am not convinced that at $700,000 a season that we are getting our monies worth. Early on he was scoring goals but they have dryed up the last 2 months and to me (and I say this with the utmost respect for a player who has played at the highest level) he is just too one-dimensional. Fantastic poacher in and around the six-yard box but just too predictable in his general play. I hope he proves me wrong for the rest of the season but at the moment I just have mixed feelings about him and whether we should re-sign him for next season.

belchardo
03-02-2013, 03:37 PM
when just about every ball to him is a 60 yard bomb to his head (if lucky, most seem to just miss), what can he do?

not saying he's perfect (his touch yesterday was a bit ordinary in my opinion), but he's not a one man team.

also, i think HSGNPNJFC would argue his off-field value is worth the $700K

WolfMan
03-02-2013, 04:03 PM
Heard in the car-park after yesterday's game.. "$700k and he can't even kick a ball"....

Shook my head at the utter ignorance on display. Not like he had gilt-edged chances that were spurned. He did a job (as per the norm) and fed team-mates around him. Never has been, and never will be a goal-pig.

I will admit, upon hearing of Heskey's signing, I was underwhelmed. Never really rated him from what I had seen on the TV. But it's the stuff he does off the ball and the little flick-ons into space that make him such a valuable player IMO. You lose sight of that on highlight reels etc. He could go the rest of the season without troubling the scorer, and he will have already exceeded my expectations.

Agree with the sentiments above RE: his total worth (on and off-field) being at least the $700k he is taking home.

Buddha
03-02-2013, 04:16 PM
anyone who hates Heskey can **** off.

Hamma12
03-02-2013, 04:45 PM
anyone who hates Heskey can **** off.

this

joel31
07-02-2013, 01:20 PM
Heard in the car-park after yesterday's game.. "$700k and he can't even kick a ball"....

Shook my head at the utter ignorance on display. Not like he had gilt-edged chances that were spurned. He did a job (as per the norm) and fed team-mates around him. Never has been, and never will be a goal-pig.

I will admit, upon hearing of Heskey's signing, I was underwhelmed. Never really rated him from what I had seen on the TV. But it's the stuff he does off the ball and the little flick-ons into space that make him such a valuable player IMO. You lose sight of that on highlight reels etc. He could go the rest of the season without troubling the scorer, and he will have already exceeded my expectations.

Agree with the sentiments above RE: his total worth (on and off-field) being at least the $700k he is taking home.

700k is a lot of money for a lay off player. For alot less you could get players to do the job at a similar level

pv4
07-02-2013, 01:52 PM
700k is a lot of money for a lay off player. For alot less you could get players to do the job at a similar level

target man

he's a target man

Definition:
A striker who is the target of passes from his teammates. A good target man will possess the strength to hold up the ball, hold off opponents and bring teammates into play. Target men are often tall, physical players who operate with their back to goal.

it's exactly what we've needed for years, exactly what we've been given & exactly what most hal teams are missing out on (and minus sibon @ heart, i've not really seen anyone even remotely go close to being good at it at hal level from memory).

viduka, crouch, drogba, toni, gomez, van nistelrooy, muller, vieiri, higuain, huntelaar, ibra (:cool:), etc are all rough examples of players who do exactly (class-comparable) what heskey does brilliantly for us

Grimario
07-02-2013, 02:21 PM
How good was Viduka? I remember having a drink many years ago with some Brit friends who were here for the Ashes and they all agreed that he was probably the best back to goal striker in the premiership at the time. Probably my favourite Australian player :wub:

Bon
07-02-2013, 02:25 PM
How good was Viduka? I remember having a drink many years ago with some Brit friends who were here for the Ashes and they all agreed that he was probably the best back to goal striker in the premiership at the time. Probably my favourite Australian player :wub:

I agree.. Always loved Dukes.. Poor bugger always copped so much criticism off brain-dead morons who didn't understand the role he played, the presence he brougth and exactly what he was doing there..

Jetmaster
07-02-2013, 02:33 PM
I agree.. Always loved Dukes.. Poor bugger always copped so much criticism off brain-dead morons who didn't understand the role he played, the presence he brougth and exactly what he was doing there..

Note that neither he nor HK have retired....should get them together with Bridgey like an old band reunion !

pv4
07-02-2013, 02:34 PM

those same dudes are now blasting heskey at the jets

dukes, grella & ljubes - how good were the mid 2000's socceroos :cool:

stopper2
07-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Remember watching a highlights reel of Dukes back when he just retired. Some of the goals during his Celtic/EPL years he scored were of the highest calibre and just sheer class. He was a one in a generation player who we may not reproduce for who knows another 10-20 years in this country. Played a similar role to Heskey but Dukes is technically much better while Heskey is more direct in his play.

The Dunster
07-02-2013, 05:54 PM
I cannot remember another striker that does as much defensive work as Heskey. At times he drops back to help out in defence or to pick the ball up. And yet it's rare that he's ever out of position when we are on the counter.

His team mates must dead set love the bloke for what he contributes both on and off the ball.

halo se7en
07-02-2013, 06:16 PM
But he hasn't scored a million goals… deadset hopeless...

Buddha
07-02-2013, 06:57 PM

put your money where your mouth is

Heskey is probably the best target man in the world, standard. I guarantee if you put him into a barcelona or similar squad he would probably grab as many goals as the others, he's not just a blunt instrument used to assault opponents, he's very technically gifted, and is worth 700k more then you

hauss
07-02-2013, 07:45 PM
Viduka is a legend. God I miss him and his Eastern European good looks.

pv4
08-02-2013, 09:44 AM
Viduka is a legend. God I miss him and his Eastern European good looks.

#nohomo

babalj is the next dukes btw (sup parksey & militia) - and probably a person i forgot in the heskey-and-sibon-are-the-only-ones-to-do-target-man-in-hal rant.

joel31
08-02-2013, 02:12 PM
those same dudes are now blasting heskey at the jets

dukes, grella & ljubes - how good were the mid 2000's socceroos :cool:
Viuduka was one of my favourite socceroos players. He was better than Heskey

joel31
08-02-2013, 02:19 PM
it's exactly what we've needed for years, exactly what we've been given & exactly what most hal teams are missing out on (and minus sibon @ heart, i've not really seen anyone even remotely go close to being good at it at hal level from memory).

viduka, crouch, drogba, toni, gomez, van nistelrooy, muller, vieiri, higuain, huntelaar, ibra (:cool:), etc are all rough examples of players who do exactly (class-comparable) what heskey does brilliantly for us
Most of those players can make stuff happen, not just with service. Heskey's passing and dribbling aren't that great. So all he adds is holding up, winning headers laying off and getting onto crosses (which he doesn't get onto enough of them). Ryan Griffiths adds just as much on average to us for a lot less wage. Also in the last few games Heskey has been playing poor

seldom
08-02-2013, 02:30 PM
So Heskey is an ordinary player...ffs i've heard it all now

The Dunster
08-02-2013, 02:38 PM
Most of those players can make stuff happen, not just with service. Heskey's passing and dribbling aren't that great. So all he adds is holding up, winning headers laying off and getting onto crosses (which he doesn't get onto enough of them). Ryan Griffiths adds just as much on average to us for a lot less wage. Also in the last few games Heskey has been playing poor

http://www.iceposter.com/thumbs/MOV_45a3d773_b.jpg

goaliepersempre
08-02-2013, 02:52 PM

:ban:

pretty sure your not watching the same game.

sh10
08-02-2013, 02:58 PM
Heksey doesn't do enough hit-ups for a big mun

Thomas477
08-02-2013, 03:23 PM

If you were expecting Heskey to have the passing range of Ono or del Piero, you're out of your mind. And the claim of in last few games Heskey has been playing poorly is wrong. Against Nix, he helped salvage a point for us with the goal, and last week he somehow managed to head Zad's corner back to Griff so he could have the shot which won us the penalty.

Heskey has been great for us, and and as good as Griff is, he isn't anywhere near as good as Heskey in the air. Plus Griff can't play centre back.

Buddha
08-02-2013, 04:17 PM
his passing isnt that great? whatever helps you sleep at night mate

08-02-2013, 04:19 PM
He can pass with the best of them. We seldom see it though because the mini bus of a manager we have has trouble putting into place the style of football that so commonly dribbles out of his mouth.

Tommyjet
08-02-2013, 05:16 PM
Only problem I have with the big heskey is from our corners, he always stands next to the keeper or behind him and I can't remember too many balls in being won by him. I'd simply like to see him start on the 18 and run and jump for a nicely whipped in ball. It's probably on managers orders that his standing on the keeper, we are too one-dimensional from corners, set the beast free

NewcastleForLife
08-02-2013, 05:30 PM
Only problem I have with the big heskey is from our corners, he always stands next to the keeper or behind him and I can't remember too many balls in being won by him. I'd simply like to see him start on the 18 and run and jump for a nicely whipped in ball. It's probably on managers orders that his standing on the keeper, we are too one-dimensional from corners, set the beast free

+1;
If you just want to annoy the keeper, send a midget, that's what I used to do, can't do much else at 5'7"

MFKS
08-02-2013, 05:39 PM

+ 2 Heskey should be trying to get on the corner not waiting for a ball to fall in the 6 yard box.

Put Zads in there instead.

1 The keeper may get sent for decking him
2 Zads shouldn't be able to put it over the bar from that range

My2BobsWorth
08-02-2013, 06:51 PM
Stick him on the spot, and put it in hard. If the keeper wants it he better make sure he gets it.

plague
08-02-2013, 07:31 PM
Might help if any blokes on our team can get a corner anywhere near the box.
Dead set we are shite at the delivery part let alone attacking it once we're there.
Have we scored any from a corner at all this year?

Tommyjet
08-02-2013, 07:45 PM
All stoppages we have been shite, throw-ins, corners, free kicks at both ends of the park

Thomas477
08-02-2013, 10:39 PM
Might help if any blokes on our team can get a corner anywhere near the box.
Dead set we are shite at the delivery part let alone attacking it once we're there.
Have we scored any from a corner at all this year?

First game vs Perf I think. Tiago and Mitchell got 1 each?

plague
08-02-2013, 11:24 PM
Ah yes, well played. Wonder who put those corners in?
Remember Tiagos celebration.
Those were the days.
Cheers.

Buddha
10-02-2013, 02:42 PM
Sick of the crap this guy gets, we should all be ****ing glad hes here because of the amount of effort this guy puts in each week, its not his fault we refuse to play into his feet, look at some of the goals he has scored, would Taggart have smacked home that Volley against Sydney? i don't think so. The toe poke against WSW, would taggart have had enough strength to get in front of the defender? i dont think so, who rescued a point against pheonix for us? Heskey did.

Love ya Big Man

Buddha
10-02-2013, 02:43 PM
Sick of the crap this guy gets, we should all be ****ing glad hes here because of the amount of effort this guy puts in each week, its not his fault we refuse to play into his feet, look at some of the goals he has scored, would Taggart have smacked home that Volley against Sydney? i don't think so. The toe poke against WSW, would taggart have had enough strength to get in front of the defender? i dont think so, who rescued a point against pheonix for us? Heskey did.

Love ya Big Man

Jeterpool
12-02-2013, 12:26 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2277154/Emile-Heskey-interview-Former-England-star-loving-life-Australia-Newcastle-Jets.html#axzz2KcklE81V

Interesting interview Emile has done. Speaks nicely of the league, town and the club.

chocolate soldier
12-02-2013, 01:47 PM
All stoppages we have been shite, throw-ins, corners, free kicks at both ends of the park

pretty sure they stuff up the kick off too...

My2BobsWorth
12-02-2013, 05:02 PM
pretty sure they stuff up the kick off too...

Beautiful to watch though, it actually goes to one of our mob.

Porett
16-02-2013, 12:45 AM
2 Zads shouldn't be able to put it over the bar from that range

I would like to believe that, i really would.

Sign him up. Who cares what he can't do. What he can do is score goals consistently. That type of player hasn't been all that common in our history.

Portillo
16-02-2013, 05:35 PM
Emile Heskey: 'Playing in Australia is a privilege'

Former England international Emile Heskey has said that he feels privileged to be playing in Australia's A-League.

The 35-year-old forward, who joined Newcastle Jets in September 2012, has scored eight goals since moving down under.

"The reception for all the marquee players in this league seems to be exceptional," Heskey told the Daily Mail.

"It's been amazing because the main thing that people say is 'thank you for coming here'.

"It seems a bit crazy that they think like that, it's a bit of a privilege to be playing here in that respect."

Heskey was capped 62 times at senior international level between 1999 and 2010, scoring seven goals for the Three Lions.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/news/heskey-playing-in-australia-is-a-privilege_68840.html

joel31
23-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Heskey was in Pele's 100 best players alive in 2004

hawk
05-03-2013, 05:27 PM
The sheriff is out this week, we're doomed :(

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f75/basilsblog/blazing-saddles-the-sheriff-is-near.jpg

Thomas477
05-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Why does that guy on the right remind me of Arnie?

MFKS
05-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Why does that guy on the right remind me of Arnie?

Because he spent the entire movie dribbling shit just like Arnie does in real life

Thomas477
05-03-2013, 05:49 PM
Because he spent the entire movie dribbling shit just like Arnie does in real life

My2BobsWorth
05-03-2013, 05:51 PM
Only one old fart left

:wub:

militiamon
05-03-2013, 10:48 PM
The sheriff is out this week, we're doomed :(

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f75/basilsblog/blazing-saddles-the-sheriff-is-near.jpg

Blazing Saddles reference, lol, well done

MFKS
20-03-2013, 05:23 PM
Sources are telling me Emile Heskey will sign new contract with Newcastle Jets as long as one condition is met.

Condition is GVE is NOT manager.

Am hearing also HEskey will be signing as Egg is getting punted come seasons end.

Good news though we are scouring the world and giving the job to one Craig DEANS:banghead:

20-03-2013, 05:39 PM
^ This was doing the rounds several weeks ago and was not hosed down when first suggested so maybe your source is on the money.

sh10
20-03-2013, 05:44 PM
Was taking you seriously up until the comment of Craig Deans. Shirely Knott.

My2BobsWorth
20-03-2013, 05:48 PM
Couldn't give a rat's arse who does the job as long as they don't have a Nazi youth policy

Raw Boned Youngster
20-03-2013, 10:21 PM
it sort of explains Egghead's 'softer' and 'everyxthing's beautiful' manner of late. I thought he must have been on medication. Realistically, who would listen to an emotionally immature, tactical light weight? Nothing to admire or be inspired by in Egghead.

stopper2
20-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Sources are telling me Emile Heskey will sign new contract with Newcastle Jets as long as one condition is met.

Condition is GVE is NOT manager.

Am hearing also HEskey will be signing as Egg is getting punted come seasons end.

Good news though we are scouring the world and giving the job to one Craig DEANS:banghead:

Surely Mark Jones would be a better proposition than Deans.

Thomas477
21-03-2013, 12:09 AM
Surely Mark Jones would be a better proposition than Deans.

No. I never want Jones coaching us. He showed his true colours when he cracked the shit when he wasn't GvE replacement and, if I remember correctly, he tried to hamper Branko at every turn, eventually resulting in him leaving.

Give me Deans over Jones any day. At least Deans is purely incompetent.

seldom
21-03-2013, 12:36 AM
Deans over Jones......crazy talk

Grimario
21-03-2013, 09:48 AM
I think the obvious solution is Dean Jones. Best of both worlds.

Jetmaster
21-03-2013, 11:45 AM
Hmmm....Heskey or GVE, tough call.

Should be a poll in the Herald if you are reading this Robert !

Bon
21-03-2013, 12:07 PM
No. I never want Jones coaching us. He showed his true colours when he cracked the shit when he wasn't GvE replacement and, if I remember correctly, he tried to hamper Branko at every turn, eventually resulting in him leaving.

Give me Deans over Jones any day. At least Deans is purely incompetent.

This!!!!!

sh10
21-03-2013, 12:43 PM
Bridges will be captain/coach/caterer

21-03-2013, 12:59 PM
Also Bridgey to move in next door to the Member and become bestest buddy pal mate chums, totally inseperable man love to blossom.

Buddha
21-03-2013, 04:48 PM
The only man that should be the next coach, is Slobs, disappointed by lack of poll on this

au revoir
21-03-2013, 10:05 PM
The only man that should be the next coach, is Slobs, disappointed by lack of poll on this

there already is a poll on this, you ignorant buffoon.

GazFish35
21-03-2013, 11:26 PM
there already is a poll on this, you ignorant buffoon.

But no one nominated

hawk
26-11-2013, 01:07 AM
still good air and gettin fitter. due

Jeterpool
26-11-2013, 09:00 AM
still good air and gettin fitter. due

I thought he'd get one on the weekend. Looked threatening.

BodyNovo
26-11-2013, 09:10 AM
i think he has a point to prove this year really as with del piero

both teams didn't make the playoffs with an expensive marquee, and a lot rests on there shoulders

also heskey's position in the squad isn't 100% down pact after taggz last couple of performances.

would be willing to have a punt on him getting one on Saturday.

militiamon
26-11-2013, 02:21 PM
Thought he looked a bit dazzled by the brilliance of Little Griff's performance on Sunday tbh. Looked to be walking it from the moment he came on.
Playing away in Sydney will no doubt fire him up a bit.

hawk
09-01-2014, 03:01 PM
hey hesk, hope youve been working on those headers in the box?

hawk
24-02-2014, 08:34 PM
After that last defensive air header slop not sure what to do with hesk. I dont think we are getting value for him and we defo havent got the talent to feed off him. At least delthadago can produce solo efforts, not this waste. hesk out

Bremsstrahlung
28-02-2014, 02:42 PM
We need more from a Marquee player.
In the A-league, i think the Marquee player needs to be in and around the midfield. Diver, Ono, Broich all operate in that midfield role where they can change games.
Heskey is being used as someone to hold the ball up. Quite frankly, he doesn't fit into our team.
He did well in his first year. But this year has not justified his marquee status.

Tommyjet
28-02-2014, 02:48 PM
We need more from a Marquee player.
In the A-league, i think the Marquee player needs to be in and around the midfield. Diver, Ono, Broich all operate in that midfield role where they can change games.
Heskey is being used as someone to hold the ball up. Quite frankly, he doesn't fit into our team.
He did well in his first year. But this year has not justified his marquee status.

We need more from a striker let alone a marquee striker

GazFish35
28-02-2014, 03:14 PM
Personally I feel letting him go at seasons end would be a clear contradiction of everything this club stands for.

Heskey is a good guy, has a great accent and played at the highest level. He says he loves newy too, and foxsports seem to like him
He should be allowed to play on for as long he wants.
Next season he should be allowed to retire at a point where he can't be easily replaced.
Then come back when he feels up to it.
On field performance should count for nothing.
And at some point he should be involved in a row with a player of real quality and drive him out of the club.

Anything else would be unjets.

Jeterpool
28-02-2014, 03:33 PM
Personally I feel letting him go at seasons end would be a clear contradiction of everything this club stands for.

Heskey is a good guy, has a great accent and played at the highest level. He says he loves newy too, and foxsports seem to like him
Next season he should be allowed to retire at a point where he can't be easily replaced.
And at some point he should be involved in a row with a player of real quality and drive him out of the club.

I give it 6-8 weeks

Rocknerd
28-02-2014, 03:56 PM

It's this belief in the Club that I miss most on the F3MDR runs!

militiamon
28-02-2014, 05:43 PM

:grin:

seldom
28-02-2014, 06:26 PM

every time I get close to forgetting bout this you remind me and the blood starts to boil

evolution
07-09-2014, 03:51 PM
Heskey... still the man!

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/videos/198836/football-vine-emile-heskeys-definitely-still-got-it.html

07-09-2014, 06:03 PM
At least he is consistent.

Jeterpool
07-09-2014, 06:23 PM
It's funny now

plague
07-09-2014, 08:08 PM
Heskey... still the man!

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/videos/198836/football-vine-emile-heskeys-definitely-still-got-it.html

That video made ESPN.com with the tag line "at least you cant lose what you never had".

Brutal.

plague
22-09-2014, 12:07 AM
At least the big man is having a larf now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YuxUVv1PDTc

evolution
24-12-2014, 11:37 PM
Heskey signs for the Wanderers...

Bolton Wanderers!

Emile Heskey: Bolton Wanderers sign ex-England striker

Championship side Bolton Wanderers have signed former England striker Emile Heskey on a short-term contract.

The 36-year-old had been training with the club and made an appearance for their Under-21 side on Monday, playing 63 minutes of the defeat by Reading.

Heskey, who played 62 times for England, had been with Australian A-League side Newcastle Jets before his release in April.

Bolton are now awaiting international clearance for the forward.

Manager Neil Lennon is a former Leicester team-mate of Heskey, who also played for Liverpool, Birmingham, Wigan and Aston Villa.

Lennon recently signed another 36-year-old striker in Eidur Gudjohnsen, who returned to his former club following a similar trial spell.

Although not a prolific scorer, with 119 goals in 563 league games and only seven at international level, Heskey's reputation was built on his support play and willingness to play in a variety of positions.

His last appearance in English football came with Villa against Norwich in May 2012. His last goal in England was for Villa against Blackburn in August 2011.

Bolton are 16th in the Championship and host Blackburn on Boxing Day.

Sauce:http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30596649

MFKS
25-12-2014, 12:09 PM
How bad are Notlob going signing Newy rejects??

What chance they be interested in taking Gallaway and Roundabout off our hands???

GazFish35
25-12-2014, 04:20 PM
In form, it's a great singing.
Look at all te other players who hit a golden streak after leaving us.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
27-12-2014, 04:48 PM
In form, it's a great singing.
Look at all te other players who hit a golden streak after leaving us.

Goal on debut for Bolton.....

Buddha
27-12-2014, 11:52 PM
It's funny how things pan out when you don't get a ball hoofed into your head for 90 minutes. Still showing his ability to get free in the box

How about it but Gudjohnsen to Heskey, 36 year old to the 35 year old

What an age to live in

hawk
28-12-2014, 12:50 AM
how much money to buy a team to feed the useless log.

plague
31-12-2014, 11:01 PM
hope this works

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/8AA161017F1160297569659015168_3a0158a6a2a.1.4.7135 992005866307938.mp4?versionId=9Pv76ntmtrCVD_tzvqhR pnbSDEk0X0zy

plague
03-01-2015, 08:31 PM
remains a ledge
http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/bolton_wanderers/206002/bolton-fan-paddy-mcguinness-forced-to-clean-emile-heskeys-boots-after-losing-twitter-bet-video.html