PDA

View Full Version : Emile Heskey

Pages : [1] 2

boz-monaut
19-09-2012, 01:29 PM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/former-england-striker-emile-heskey-set-to-sign-for-a-league-club-newcastle-jets-according-to-reports/story-e6frf4gl-1226476888791

sounds legit

Tommyjet
19-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Hopefully he can at least take zwanwijk out in the derby

parksey
19-09-2012, 02:03 PM
heskeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

yyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

militiamon
19-09-2012, 02:13 PM
inb4 someone says "Heskey's Esky's"

Looking at you pv4

militiamon
19-09-2012, 02:18 PM
Also he's no Griff, but Heskey is the biggest signing we've made without a doubt.

Good work I say.

Edit: And re costs, consider that Culina was signed on over $0.9 mil per season, Nick Carle was on $0.6 mil for SFC I think, John Aloisi was on $1.4 mil for SFC back in the day, we offered Kewell $2 million. Signing one of the most well known English footballers of the last decade for $1.4 mil doesn't seem so bad.

The Dunster
19-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Heskey will rip a-league defences a new one. Great signing.

plague
19-09-2012, 02:40 PM
Hopefully he can at least take zwanwijk out in the derby

Best way to win us over.

In other news: I love Vigs and miss him terribly.

pistolpete
19-09-2012, 04:56 PM
Happy with the signing and hope he goes well. Concerned where the money is coming from though. All well and good to sign a marquee player but if the team folds midseason when Tinks does the runner who is going to pay the bills?

Jetmaster
19-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Happy with the signing and hope he goes well. Concerned where the money is coming from though. All well and good to sign a marquee player but if the team folds midseason when Tinks does the runner who is going to pay the bills?

This...Heskey is worth $1 mill but Smeltz was not worth $400,000 ?

cobra23
19-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Fantastic signing,

Definetly will have the best and most powerful shot in the league

scozzygt
19-09-2012, 06:14 PM
NOW,thats what i call a signature!!
What an awesome coup to get Emile,EPL and euro clubs were chasing him.
Great boost for tha Jets, his knowledge and experience will be invaluable,especially to the younger
guys that have signed.
Make no mistake,he can fuxxn score goals,as long as he stays injury free.

furns
19-09-2012, 06:19 PM
This...Heskey is worth $1 mill but Smeltz was not worth $400,000 ?You do realise the members of the advisory board responsible for that decision are no longer there?

sammydog
19-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Really happy with this signing.

Not sure how many goals he will score, but he will be providing those around him with bucketloads of opportunity.

Add in his experience to pass on to the younger element of the squad and it really should be a good move by the Jets.

westjet
19-09-2012, 07:58 PM
Think this could be a really good signing - shame we couldnt get griff, but I think Heskey has the potential to tear this league up and at worst he may be comedy gold judging by the jokes in the english press.

A prisoner on Death Row in Utah has been allowed to choose his firing squad. He has chosen Heskey.

The England football team go to a theatre in Cape Town to relax. Suddenly Emile gets up and walks on to the stage. Fabio Capello shouts, “Heskey! What are you doing up there?” Heskey replies, “Doing what you said boss. Holding up the play.”

Emile gets a part-time job at a zoo and the keeper, aware of the striker’s reputation for a lack of pace, tells him to take care of the tortoises. Later the keeper pops to see how Emile is doing and finds him standing by an empty enclosure, sobbing. “Where have all the tortoises gone?” asks the keeper. Emile shrugs and says: “I just opened the door and whoooossh!!!”

It’ll be nice for Emile when he weds Chantelle Tagoe. It’ll make a change to hear “Mrs Heskey” instead of “Heskey misses”.

Emile plans to open a pub when he retires – because he’s great at putting shots over the bar.

Today in England training, Heskey’s 1,000 shots all hit the net. Shame they were playing tennis.

What’s the difference between the BP oil spill and Heskey? The oil spill posed a threat to the United States.

A fan was chuffed when he got Emile’s autograph after a match. The next week, he accosted him again and got another signature. After the following game he tried to get it again. Heskey said, “This is the third time you’ve asked for my autograph. What’s going on?” “Well,” said the man, “If I get eight more of yours I can swap them for one of Wayne Rooney’s.”

A Nigerian player arrived at Aston Villa. During training the manager kept saying: “Foot, ball, goal – foot, ball, goal,” while pointing at his foot, the ball then the goal. The Nigerian said: “Don’t speak so slowly, I speak perfect English.” Then the manager told him, “I wasn’t talking to you, I was talking to Emile.”

Robert Green faced over 100 shots in training today without conceding a goal. Tomorrow, he and Heskey will train with the rest of the squad.

A spectator got into the England dressing room after the England v Algeria game. A few unsettling minutes passed before the team realised it was just Emile.

The new Emile Heskey Subbuteo playing piece was released today and the likeness is uncanny — especially that big block of concrete around his feet.

stopper2
19-09-2012, 08:19 PM
As a Jets supporter we all know not to get too carried away with any Marquee sgning, even though it is one has played many years in the EPL and a couple of World Cups with over 60 caps for England. We all have to be patient and allow him time to settle in both on the park with his new team and off the park in his new surroundings. A player of Emile Heskey's stature and the money he will be on, I would expect to be making an impact by round 8. If not scoring goals, then at least contributing and creating goals for others.

boz-monaut
19-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Mario Balotelli ‏@MarioBaloltelli
So it's official, Emile Heskey has joined Newcastle Jets. He was of course supposed to join Newcastle United but completely missed.

belchardo
19-09-2012, 08:51 PM
bahahahahahaha.

furns
19-09-2012, 08:53 PM
Ill pay that

belchardo
19-09-2012, 08:59 PM
he'll kill you if you don't.

GazFish35
19-09-2012, 09:01 PM
@layles89

I'm just scared he'll miss the pen when he goes to sign the contract.

boz-monaut
19-09-2012, 09:21 PM
in 2010 Gérard Houllier stated that Emile Heskey is as good as Didier Drogba

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/15/emile-heskey-didier-drogba

imagine if we had a strikeforce that include Drogba's current strike partner and someone as good as Drogba - we'd rip the anus out of every defence in the league and hand it to them on a platter

belchardo
19-09-2012, 09:32 PM

q-money
20-09-2012, 04:10 AM
**** I hope this bloke wins the golden boot and rams his donger down the throat of every twitter flog

sif though

hauss
20-09-2012, 06:11 AM
It will probably be better for the A-League's reputation if he doesn't win the golden boot, but I hope he does it.

hauss
20-09-2012, 09:21 AM
Heard Aaron Kearney talking to someone from the Mirror newspaper in the UK about Heskey this morning. Didn't hear the whole interview but the quote was that he won't be a fan favourite but he will be a players player.

Well here's hoping he'll be both. Certainly I was a big fan of Viduka for the way he held up the ball and distributed and loved watching him play for Leeds. Even if Heskey doesn't score too many goals, I think the Newcastle faithful are educated enough to appreciate these qualities in a player.

Blackmac79
20-09-2012, 09:44 AM
You do realise the members of the advisory board responsible for that decision are no longer there?

That's not what I have been told. The responsible person IS still there.

Jetmaster
20-09-2012, 10:33 AM
Good comment in the Herald today.....

COMMENT: No joking, Heskey could be van Egmond's answer

By MICHAEL PARRIS Sept. 19, 2012, 11:33 p.m.

LET'S not beat around the bush: Emile Heskey has a reputation as a poor finisher and a striker who doesn't score enough goals.
Five minutes on YouTube or Google will inform you that, unfairly or not, Heskey for some time has been the butt of jokes for many in England, despite playing 62 internationals and almost all of his 17-year career in the Premier League.
When news of Heskey's move broke in England, someone purporting to be Mario Balotelli tweeted to his 142,000 followers: "So it's official, Emile Heskey has joined Newcastle Jets. He was of course supposed to join Newcastle United but completely missed."
Yesterday, London's Daily Mirror, reporting on his imminent move Down Under, mockingly referred to the former Liverpool man as Emile "wider contribution" Heskey.
It's a reference to the justification often given for his presence in the EPL and the national side, in that what he offers as a striker should not be measured merely in goals.
But perhaps "wider contribution" is not an epithet to be sniffed at by Jets fans. Not yet, anyway.
Heskey is 34 (35 in January), only 11 months older than Dwight Yorke when the former Manchester United star joined Sydney FC in their championship-winning season to kick off the A-League.
"All Night" Dwight was paid $1 million for his troubles. Whether the Jets' new marquee can have the same influence is very much an open question.
The line between desperation and opportunism can be blurry, but it should be noted that whispers about the Jets chasing Heskey surfaced months ago.
In Heskey's favour is that, until May, he was still playing at the highest level, even though he scored only once for Aston Villa in 28 EPL games last season.
He scored nine times in 92 league outings over four seasons for Villa and a goal every 4½ games during his English club career - hardly a strike rate to set The Squadron's pulses racing.
Yet Heskey has been a durable figure in a league renowned for its physicality.
He joined Liverpool from home-town club Leicester in 2000 for a club-record £11 million transfer fee and became a valuable foil at Anfield for fellow England front men Robbie Fowler and Michael Owen.
He started ahead of Fowler in the 2001 FA Cup final, which the Reds won 2-1 over Arsenal, at the end of a campaign that yielded 22 goals and the FA Cup, League Cup and UEFA Cup treble.
Heskey has been dogged by criticism for most of his career, but his supporters have regarded him as a target man who can hold the ball up and bring those around him into the game.
It is this quality that Gary van Egmond will be looking for from his marquee signing.
If Heskey can do it in the Premier League for 17 years, then he could become a dominant figure in the A-League.
The coach appeared to be frustrated when he told reporters last week: "Unfortunately right at this moment we are not as well equipped in that front third."
Now that van Egmond has the equipment, what will he do with it?
Chances are he will rely on Heskey to keep the ball, which is a key component of his hard-pressing game plan.
The coach knows his side cannot defend high up the pitch for 90 minutes if they keep giving the ball back to the opposition.
See your ad hereHeskey may not possess the silkiest skills on the ball, but he has built a career on holding off some of the toughest defenders in the world.
How much legwork van Egmond will expect from him when the Jets haven't got the ball remains to be seen.
But if Heskey can retain possession in the opponent's half, Ruben Zadkovich, Ryan Griffiths, James Brown and Bernardo Ribeiro will benefit.
And you never know: after 17 years of struggling in front of goal, maybe Heskey is due.

plague
20-09-2012, 10:56 AM
That's not what I have been told. The responsible person IS still there.

Deans!!!!!!!

snake
20-09-2012, 11:13 AM
zura zura zura zura goooolllllllllll

furns
20-09-2012, 11:20 AM
and we will sing it until he scores :)

ForeverRed
20-09-2012, 11:47 AM
**** I hope this bloke wins the golden boot and rams his donger down the throat of every twitter flog

sif though

I cant wait to see heskey in the blue and red, most people on this site do not know what a good footballer is, he is 10 times better then any forward we have ever had, including sooky boy griffiths

snake
20-09-2012, 11:53 AM
I cant wait to see heskey in the blue and red, most people on this site do not know what a good footballer is, he is 10 times better then any forward we have ever had, including sooky boy griffiths

adam was a defender, bra

shit shirts :blush:

timmy_v
20-09-2012, 12:23 PM

yeah man, lay off Adam. He did a great job as a DM and scored a few goals.

plague
20-09-2012, 12:41 PM
adam was a defender, bra

shit shirts :blush:

Brilliantly played Sir.

seldom
20-09-2012, 01:00 PM
most people on this site do not know what a good footballer is,

bullshit...i've always praised the jesics and gallaways

plague
20-09-2012, 01:18 PM
I cant wait to see heskey in the blue and red, most people on this site do not know what a good footballer is

you're right. Most of us are only on here for the NRL thread and Skirt Boys semi nudes.

Caaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrmnnnnnn

belchardo
20-09-2012, 02:56 PM
you're right. Most of us are only on here for the NRL thread and Skirt Boys semi nudes.

Caaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrmnnnnnn

run at meeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

belchardo
20-09-2012, 02:58 PM
so are zad and heskey going to have shoot offs to see who can miss by the most?

Bon
20-09-2012, 03:01 PM

I'm waiting for pv4 to see this comment.. haha.. :popcorn:

Grunta
20-09-2012, 03:24 PM

Think of the children on the family hill OMG ����

moses
20-09-2012, 03:32 PM
Heskey on his day off.

:gent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wyiVq8Ia-Y

derajydac
20-09-2012, 04:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0McFPYTCnXI

Heskey: The Powerhouse

He has over 100 EPL goals, Messi has none.

pv4
20-09-2012, 06:30 PM
I'm waiting for pv4 to see this comment.. haha.. :popcorn:

I'll be having the last laugh when the only person worried about the aftermath of their shooting is the gks getting the ball out of the net

belchardo
20-09-2012, 06:37 PM
I'll be having the last laugh when the only person worried about the aftermath of their shooting is the gks getting the ball out of the net

are you referring to the keepers in the game or the goal keepers on the hockey fields??

:D

stopper2
20-09-2012, 07:23 PM
Heard Aaron Kearney talking to someone from the Mirror newspaper in the UK about Heskey this morning. Didn't hear the whole interview but the quote was that he won't be a fan favourite but he will be a players player.

Well here's hoping he'll be both. Certainly I was a big fan of Viduka for the way he held up the ball and distributed and loved watching him play for Leeds. Even if Heskey doesn't score too many goals, I think the Newcastle faithful are educated enough to appreciate these qualities in a player.
Viduka had a poor goal/game scoring ratio for the Socceroos as a No. 9 but when fit he was one of the first players chosen because his role of holding the ball up and bringing other players into the game was the best way to utilise him. The key to whether we can start scoring goals consistently this season will be if GVE can work out how best to utilise Heskey in a similar way to Dukes.

baldrick
21-09-2012, 06:29 AM
Its Official !!

Newcastle Jets sign Emile Heskey Friday, 21 September 2012 6:13 AM

The Hunter Ports Newcastle Jets is pleased to announce the signing of former England international and Premier League star Emile Heskey as the Club’s marquee player for the 2012/13 season.

The FA Cup, Football League Cup and UEFA Cup winner joins the Jets after playing 28 matches for Aston Villa in the English Premier League last season.

“To secure the signature of Emile is a fantastic result for the Jets and for the A-League,” Jets CEO Robbie Middleby said.

“Emile has played our game at the highest level in England, both internationally and domestically, and he finished last season playing with Aston Villa in the English Premier League.

“We are aware that Emile had other offers but he is genuinely excited to be a part of what we want to achieve at the Jets.

“He was particularly interested in our Emerging Jets Program as this is what most Premier League Clubs have established already.

“Emile’s relationship with former English Premier League players Michael Bridges and Robbie Fowler assisted him in understanding what the A-League has to offer.

“We would like to thank the FFA for their assistance in securing Emile, in particular the A-League’s new CEO Damien De Bohun.”

Coach Gary van Egmond shares the sentiments of Middleby.

“Emile is someone who has unbelievable experience, having played for England 62 times,” van Egmond said.

“His effectiveness in being able to hold the ball up and invite other players to play off him is going to be a big benefit to us.

“He’s someone who can really lead the line and is exactly what we’ve been missing.”

In total, the striker has made 516 Premier League appearances during a stellar 17-year career in England’s top flight, scoring 110 goals.

The 34-year-old is best known for his time at Liverpool FC where he played 150 league matches and found the back of the net on 39 occasions for the Reds during five seasons at the Club. Heskey scored 22 goals in all competitions when Liverpool won the FA Cup, Football League Cup and UEFA Cup treble in 2000/01.

As well as Aston Villa and Liverpool, Heskey has played for top English Clubs Leicester City, Birmingham City and Wigan Athletic.

Heskey also brings valuable international experience to the Jets, having represented England on 62 occasions and scoring seven goals. He has played in two World Cups for the Three Lions, and played in every match of England’s 2010 FIFA World Cup campaign in South Africa.

“This is an exciting new period in my life and I am looking forward to making a special contribution to the A-League and most importantly, to the Jets,” Heskey said.

“I hope I can help grow football at the grassroots level and also provide advice to young players at the Jets.

“The season isn’t far away, so I will be in Newcastle soon, training with my new teammates and be ready for kick off on October 7.”

Having played against Heskey during his time in the English Premier League, Jets striker Michael Bridges knows better than most what Heskey is capable of.

“I think Emile is a tremendous signing for the Jets,” Bridges said.

“He’s just left Aston Villa where he was playing in the Premier League last season and that says a lot about his quality.

“It’s a massive coup for the Club to bring someone of his stature to Newcastle.”

Bridges said Heskey would not only prove to be a goal-scoring threat himself, but would also provide goal-scoring opportunities for his teammates.

“He’s a big target man who is a powerhouse, a work horse and can lead the forward line,” Bridges said.

“If you look at his strike-partners at the teams he’s played with, they’ve all been goal-scoring machine because of his work rate and supply.”

Emile Heskey>
Born: Leicester, England
Date of Birth: January 11, 1978

Club career:
1994-2000 Leicester City 154 appearances (40 goals)
2000-2004 Liverpool FC 150 appearances (39 goals)
2004-2006 Birmingham City 68 appearances (14 goals
2006-2009 Wigan Athletic 82 appearances (15 goals)
2009-2012 Aston Villa 92 appearances (9 goals)

International career:
1999-2010 England 62 appearances (7 goals)

Career achievements:
UEFA Cup winner (2000-01)
FA Cup winner (2000-01)
Football League Cup winner (1996-97, 1999-00, 2000-01, 2002-03)
UEFA Super Cup winner (2001)
FA Charity Shield winner (2001)

http://static.ffa.sportalhosting.com/site/_content/article/00049288-leadimage.jpg

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Newcastle-Jets-sign-Emile-Heskey/49288

pv4
21-09-2012, 07:01 AM
dat pic :cool:

it's Heskey time boiz

plague
21-09-2012, 07:38 AM
dat pic :cool:

it's Heskey time boiz

He looks like he is praying for the return of Griff.

belchardo
21-09-2012, 08:26 AM
“We would like to thank the FFA for their assistance in securing Emile, in particular the A-League’s new CEO Damien De Bohun.”

that is my favourite bit of the article. i'm confident De Bohun is the right man to lead the a-league.

and i also agree with pv4, that picture, he's just so dreamy...

Jetmaster
21-09-2012, 08:31 AM
I tell you one thing - I reckon R Griff will be the man to benefit from this signing more than anyone.

He has the nous and quality to feed off Heskeys offerings, and use the extra space.

And great fun telling the eggballers that the Newcastle Jets are very much famous around the world - they can't grasp the concept that nobody knows who Andrew Johns is ?!

Straight from the BBC...

Emile Heskey joins Newcastle Jets in Australia's A-League

Former England striker Emile Heskey has joined Australian A-League side Newcastle Jets on a one-year deal.

The 34-year-old had been without a club since being released by Aston Villa in the summer, and will partner former Leeds man Michael Bridges up front.

"I think Emile is a tremendous signing for the Jets. It's a massive coup for the club," said Bridges.

Heskey follows former Juventus forward Alessandro Del Piero into the league, after the Italian joined Sydney FC.

Coach Gary van Egmond was delighted to secure the services of a man who won 62 caps for England, scoring seven goals.

"Emile is someone who has unbelievable experience," he said. "His effectiveness in being able to hold the ball up and invite other players to play off him is going to be a big benefit to us.

"He's someone who can really lead the line and is exactly what we've been missing."

Heskey made 516 Premier League appearances, scoring 110 goals for five different clubs in the top flight.

He also won the League Cup four times, as well as the Uefa Cup and FA Cup.

Beeen
21-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Happy with Heskey signing. He'll be scoring bombs. Ruben take note.

militiamon
21-09-2012, 09:26 AM
Such a brilliant signing, well done club. For HSG to go from a position where all the stupids were saying they didn't care about the club, to signing a genuine Premier League player within 6 months, that is really something.

The only question that has to be asked now is how quickly will he be fit. I'd like to see him starting against SFC in week 2, but it will be very difficult if he hasn't done much all pre-season.

Bon
21-09-2012, 09:30 AM
I tell you one thing - I reckon R Griff will be the man to benefit from this signing more than anyone.

I couldn't agree more..
At first, I was really confused about what a different style player he is compared to the rest that we have in the team..
The more I think about it, I'm not expecting him to score a ridiculous amount of goals, its all of the playing off and setting up that he will provide up front that is a real exciting prospect.
He has played at the top level for a long time, putting what he can do on the pitch aside, he also has so much to offer in terms of bums on seats, passing on experience to the youth, etc..

&1gest
21-09-2012, 09:32 AM
Emile Heskey playing strips available nowFriday, 21 September 2012 8:38 AM

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/site/_template/_icons/email/email.png

http://static.ffa.sportalhosting.com/site/_content/article/00049292-leadimage.jpg

To celebrate the signing of Emile Heskey, the Newcastle Jets have released customised ‘HESKEY 9’ Home and Away playing strips, available in person and online through the Hunter Sports Superstore. (https://shopdesq.imgstg.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=main&OrgID=7644)
Emile Heskey has represented England on 62 occasions and played over 500 English Premier League matches, including 150 for Liverpool, and is one of the most recognised football names in the world. His name will now be showcased on the 2012/13 Newcastle Jets strip.
The customised 2012/13 authentic Jets Home and Away playing strip carries the HESKEY name and ‘9’ playing number in the official Hyundai A-League font, as worn by the A-League teams.
Jets Members can secure the customised HESKEY playing shirt for only $124 (Adult size), a saving of $26 on the regular retail price. Heskey or Jets supporters yet to make the Membership commitment can still do so for as little as $110 for 13 huge games and still make the $26 saving on the customised shirt.
Customised Heskey Shirt Members Non-Members
Adult Home & Away $124 $150
Youth Home & Away $114 $135
Members and supporters are encouraged to purchase quickly as demand is expected to be high, and more stock is currently on order.
HOW TO SECURE YOUR CUSTOMISED HESKEY JETS PLAYING SHIRT
Online: CLICK HERE (https://shopdesq.imgstg.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=main&OrgID=7644)
In Person: Hunter Sports Superstore, (Hunter Stadium), 294 Turton Road, NEW LAMBTON NSW 2305
Trading Hours:
Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
Saturday, 9am – 12pm
Purchasers should allow up to 10 working days for delivery within Australia, and 14 days for international delivery.

hawk
21-09-2012, 10:46 AM
This...Heskey is worth $1 mill but Smeltz was not worth $400,000 ?

Wouldnt want Smeltz a proven AL scorer at a 1/3 of the cost. I cant take this recruitment garbage seriously. I do think Hesk is a great player to have but there doesnt seem any policy or quality control in the selection processes. Who's going to give hesk a decent ball, he wont have the legs to chase for long?

hauss
21-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Wouldnt want Smeltz a proven AL scorer at a 1/3 of the cost. I cant take this recruitment garbage seriously. I do think Hesk is a great player to have but there doesnt seem any policy or quality control in the selection processes. Who's going to give hesk a decent ball, he wont have the legs to chase for long?

Wasn't Culina already signed at the time or was Smeltz rejected before that? I think the timing makes a huge difference when evaluating these decisions in hindsight.

Hopefully the people making the decisions learn from their mistakes. People in a new administration have a lot to learn so you can't expect them to be perfect.

scarfy96
21-09-2012, 11:00 AM
I couldn't agree more..
At first, I was really confused about what a different style player he is compared to the rest that we have in the team..
The more I think about it, I'm not expecting him to score a ridiculous amount of goals, its all of the playing off and setting up that he will provide up front that is a real exciting prospect.

May even make Jesic look OK.

Just kidding.

steve136
21-09-2012, 11:01 AM
Who's going to give hesk a decent ball, he wont have the legs to chase for long?
Hmm Griffo, Brown, Ribiero, Chapman, Neville, Rubez - I think you're underestimating the potential of our team.

Jetmaster
21-09-2012, 11:07 AM
May even make Jesic look OK. Just kidding.

Don't scare me ! Saturday after Griff went off we thought Jesic would be our lead striker for round 1.

parksey
21-09-2012, 11:45 AM
http://static.ffa.sportalhosting.com/site/_content/article/00049288-leadimage.jpg

:lulzturtle:

plague
21-09-2012, 12:04 PM
Smeltz was/is a dead set c*nt whatever the price though.
They didn't sign that kiwi because obviously Heskey was the #1 target all along.
Tinks: always gets his man.

(and always ****s them off if they don't aim up)

moses
21-09-2012, 12:54 PM
Man, this is better than when griff punched the linesman in the ****in c'ock

seldom
21-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Heskey is a great signing allows Griff to move to a wider role where he's more suited and also will take a little pressure off Ribs. Really looking forward to the season now.
As far as Smeltz is concerned the only people who think he's a c*nt are oppositon fans and players...he's well liked by his teammates and fans and is a goal scoring machine...still reckon we should of forked out the dough for him last season

Youaskedforit
21-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Do we know when he actually lands ? Will they drive him from sydney airport up here, or charter one so he can get off at newy, either way, would like to see some jets flags in attendance to welcome the big fella.

sammydog
21-09-2012, 02:03 PM
If he comes into Newcastle Airport, I will be go over for the arrival, but I can't see them flying him from Sydney to Newcastle. They would surely drive him up.

Youaskedforit
21-09-2012, 02:09 PM
If he comes into Newcastle Airport, I will be go over for the arrival, but I can't see them flying him from Sydney to Newcastle. They would surely drive him up.

Is anyone on the forum in the know could inform us of this ?

furns
21-09-2012, 02:21 PM
They will announce it lads, but in case they dont I have already contacted the Jets for info.

sammydog
21-09-2012, 02:44 PM
They have said on twitter they will announce when he arrives. I guess the big question will be what mode of transport brings him into the city and in turn where he is taken to.

Pico
21-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Airport nah done before, Helicopter to Hunter Stadium nah old, bring him in on crutches nope too late I've got it .......bring him in on a coal ship.

sammydog
21-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Airport nah done before, Helicopter to Hunter Stadium nah old, bring him in on crutches nope too late I've got it .......bring him in on a coal ship.

Great plan, but Tinks doesn't have a coal loader to unload him at.

furns
21-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Bring him in on Aeropelican

the true newy experience

GazFish35
21-09-2012, 04:38 PM
Q's girocopter

Grunta
21-09-2012, 04:38 PM
Del Pieri is up on the HAL Fantasy league will wait for Heskey and then decide if I a midfield of any quality ha ha

21-09-2012, 05:36 PM
You can be sure the anouncement won't be through the Herald

seldom
21-09-2012, 05:45 PM
Is anyone on the forum in the know could inform us of this ?

happy cabbie

Bremsstrahlung
21-09-2012, 05:56 PM
My guess: Friday. To be unveiled at the Stadium.

Pico
21-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Great plan, but Tinks doesn't have a coal loader to unload him at.

How's VJ coming along with that paddle steamer could be the solution.

Pico
21-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Is it just me or does it look like jesic has just realised he may not make it on the pitch this year with the confirmation this morning......

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3SBNHFCAAA_78i.jpg:large

GazFish35
21-09-2012, 06:24 PM
Who was the ring in for the photo?
Only five drinks on the table.
One of these six is only there because a camera turned.

I detect a rift in the squad.
Herald journos gogogogogogogogogogo

sammydog
21-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Looking at the glasses and seating arrangement, I'm calling bridgey is the photo whore who turned up for the camera.

Hamma12
21-09-2012, 07:04 PM
Is it just me or does it look like jesic has just realised he may not make it on the pitch this year with the confirmation this morning......

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3SBNHFCAAA_78i.jpg:large

Loving Regans Newy Boy's Yewwwwwwwwwwwwww gesture like you wouldnt believe

pistolpete
21-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Can't be bothered reading but has anyone expressed displeasure at him being given the #9 jersey? Should be left open for the imminent return or at the very least the #9 should be retired

plague
21-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Who was the ring in for the photo?
Only five drinks on the table.
One of these six is only there because a camera turned.

I detect a rift in the squad.
Herald journos gogogogogogogogogogo

No, Herald about to announce Tinks is so under the pump financially that he can only provide 5 drinks per 6 players.

sammydog
21-09-2012, 08:31 PM
My guess: Friday. To be unveiled at the Stadium.

I think the impact wouldn't be as good. A hundred odd people at the airport or somewhere small would be a lot better than the same amount of people in the stadium.

Fridge
21-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Man, this is better than when griff punched the linesman in the ****in c'ock

Even my missus laughed at this one.

hauss
21-09-2012, 10:24 PM
Check the season launch video on the jets sight. James Brown on crutches giving a double shaka. Deadset thought it was Ljubo.

Jetmaster
22-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Can't be bothered reading but has anyone expressed displeasure at him being given the #9 jersey?

No.

Bremsstrahlung
22-09-2012, 09:21 AM
I think the impact wouldn't be as good. A hundred odd people at the airport or somewhere small would be a lot better than the same amount of people in the stadium.

Yehhh, Never mind. A friend from uni works at the stadium and mentioned a function on Friday. Turns out its some Run-n-Cuddle luncheon.

halo se7en
22-09-2012, 12:51 PM
Someone mentioned he might not be fit... apparently he's been recently training with Wigan since being released from Villa so he should be fit and ready to go. Match fitness will come pretty quickly.

Cabaye#4
22-09-2012, 09:01 PM
has this been posted yet?
amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWP-z4O8Ddo

plague
22-09-2012, 10:58 PM
http://assets.imgstg.com/assets/console/gallery/images/Heskey_Membership_Header.jpg
How amazing was it that Heskey was at the game last year vs Victory walking around in his England shirt and someone took his photo.

pv4
22-09-2012, 11:04 PM
has this been posted yet?
amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWP-z4O8Ddo

lol why do you think I've been saying Heskey time this whole time

MFKS
24-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Some Facts about Emile Heskey that you may not know about...and these facts prove he is better than Lionel Messi

Heskey has never missed a penalty, Messi has
Heskey has 61 caps for England, Messi has 0.
Heskey has scored 7 goals for England, Messi has 0.
Heskey has scored 100+ goals in the Premier League, Messi has never scored in it.
Heskey undoubtedly has a larger**** than Messi.
Heskey's feet are size 15, Messi's are a tiny size 10.
Emile's shots go out for throw-ins,Messi's don't.
Heskey's Mrs is sexier than Messi's Mrs.
Heskey misses a lot because he doesn't want to upset the goalkeepers feelings, Messi just scores all the time because he's a git.
Heskey has played in more World Cups than Messi.
Emile has played for more clubs than Messi, meaning he is more versatile.
Heskey has been bought for bigger transfers fee than Messi ever has.
Heskey quite clearly has a better haircut than Messi.
Messi played shit in the Champions League Semi Final against Chelsea, Heskey didn't.
Heskey has never had a bad gamein La Liga, Messi has.
Heskey weighs much more than Messi, making him the better man.
Heskey can play without Xavi and Iniesta.
Heskey changes clubs regularly, as he wants to give everyone a chance with his brilliance, Messi just stays at Barcelona.
Heskey has better strength, heading accuracy and aggression on FIFA 12 (the only attributes that matter).
Heskey has played more times in the Euro's than Messi.
Messi has never made a girl orgasm, Heskey does by simply staring into a womens eyes.
Heskey's middle name is 'William Ivanhoe', which is far better and cooler than Messi's middle name 'Andrés'.
Heskey has had poor managers such as Alex Mcleish and Steve Bruce, whereas Messi has had Pe Guardiola
Heskey can play at Centre Back, Messi can't.

BodyNovo
24-09-2012, 01:44 PM
you forgot;

Messi earns more than Heskey, meaning he is greedier and therefore a prick

plague
24-09-2012, 02:40 PM
What about this one:
Heskey has never recycled someone else's post.
MFKS has.

(wb though, I've been worried where you were)

Newieutd
25-09-2012, 08:35 AM
Hessssssssssssssssssss-ky

boz-monaut
25-09-2012, 10:47 AM
http://footballspeak.com/post/2011/09/26/The-TEN-Worst-England-Players-of-the-Century.aspx

two down, eight to go

plague
25-09-2012, 11:23 AM
http://footballspeak.com/post/2011/09/26/The-TEN-Worst-England-Players-of-the-Century.aspx

two down, eight to go

Always cracks me up when Poms go nuts about the duds they've had play for them.
Coz you know, they've got all those Messi, Ronaldo types just waiting in the wings..............

Heskey due in town Friday. Hopefully he gets in before Dineaway shuts. Once he eats there he'll never leave.

Youaskedforit
25-09-2012, 11:26 AM
Coz you know, they've got all those Messi, Ronaldo types just waiting in the wings..............

Heskey due in town Friday. Hopefully he gets in before Dineaway shuts. Once he eats there he'll never leave.

How do we find out what time he arrives and if at Newcastle Airport ?

plague
25-09-2012, 11:49 AM

Dare say the club would announce it. Mr Furns is the man to go to in these situations.

Youaskedforit
25-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Dare say the club would announce it. Mr Furns is the man to go to in these situations.

Cool , he wont be far away, he watches me like a hawk ;)

Mr Furns ????????

militiamon
25-09-2012, 12:21 PM

The list seems more like one for players of failed potential than actual shit players e.g Jeffers, 1 cap, 1 goal, but never got a look in again, how exactly does that make him one of the worst players of the century?

plague
25-09-2012, 12:35 PM
The list seems more like one for players of failed potential than actual shit players e.g Jeffers, 1 cap, 1 goal, but never got a look in again, how exactly does that make him one of the worst players of the century?

Correct.
Because Poms believe they have the greatest team in the world and when they don't win turn on the players.
It's just what they do.

boz-monaut
25-09-2012, 12:38 PM
good think Kaz Patafta never wore an England shirt

Pico
25-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Heskey arrives in Australia on Friday
http://static.ffa.sportalhosting.com/site/_content/article/00049360-leadimage.jpg

After signing with the Newcastle Jets late last week, English striker Emile Heskey arrives in the country this Friday.

There is much excitement and anticipation around Heskey's arrival and as soon the Club has more details about joining training and the like, the Club will inform Members and supporters.

Heskey merchandise is available both ONLINE and at the Hunter Sports Superstore at 294 Turton Road, New Lambton. Stock has not sold out.

To be a part of all the action this season, CLICK HERE to join as a Member. Alternatively, CLICK HERE to buy a ticket to the Jets opening game, and Heskey's first game, at Hunter Stadium.

www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Heskey-arrives-in-Australia-on-Friday/49360

Looks like your best bet will be to check him out at training.

Heskey already pimping the club merch.

http://static.ffa.sportalhosting.com/site/_content/article/00049362-leadimage.jpg

leftrightout
25-09-2012, 02:06 PM
"Alternatively, CLICK HERE to buy a ticket to the Jets opening game, and Heskey's first game, at Hunter Stadium."

Interesting... you would think they wouldnt advertise that unless they had a fair amount of confidence that he will play!

sammydog
25-09-2012, 02:24 PM

I'd be amazed if they made him get a flight from Sydney to Newcastle just to fly into the airport.

belchardo
25-09-2012, 02:37 PM
I'd be amazed if they made him get a flight from Sydney to Newcastle just to fly into the airport.

chopper from sydney to hunter stadium.

plague
25-09-2012, 02:37 PM
I'd be amazed if they made him get a flight from Sydney to Newcastle just to flI into the airport.

Surely Tinks has a spare ride sitting in a hangar somewhere. Last thing you want is Heskey driving through the stink of Sydney and Gypoland to get to paradise.

belchardo
25-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Surely Tinks has a spare ride sitting in a hangar somewhere. Last thing you want is Heskey driving through the stink of Sydney and Gypoland to get to paradise.

another benefit of the chopper ride

scarfy96
25-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Well at least Dutchy is keen on this or learnt from his past mistakes:

With Heskey likely to lead the Jets’ forward line throughout the 2012/13 season, van Egmond said it is important that the ex-Liverpool player receives the right type of attacking support from his teammates.

“We worked on it a little bit today, concentrating on the front third and getting players in and around the number nine,” van Egmond said.

“It’s not so much the system, but more so the reading of the game. You can play with an out and out number 10, that will give him someone next to him more consistently.

“If you play with two number 8’s, either one of those players can start to get tighter (with Heskey) or even one or two of the wide players.”

Van Egmond said the other forwards in the Jets squad would benefit greatly from playing alongside Heskey.

“It’s just about making sure that we have players in and around him that he can bounce things off and play one or two touch football with,” he said.
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Jets-forwards-to-benefit-from-Heskeys-play/49371

Hmmm when super mario was here he did everything he possibly could to isolate the man and make him look like a fool rather than "making sure that we have players in and around him that he can bounce things off". So either Dutchy has learnt something from the past or isn't determined to make this fail. Either way at least that is a positive.

Beeen
25-09-2012, 03:21 PM
He'skey to the way we are going to play. :lulzturtle:

Thomas477
25-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Well at least Dutchy is keen on this or learnt from his past mistakes:

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Jets-forwards-to-benefit-from-Heskeys-play/49371

Hmmm when super mario was here he did everything he possibly could to isolate the man and make him look like a fool rather than "making sure that we have players in and around him that he can bounce things off". So either Dutchy has learnt something from the past or isn't determined to make this fail. Either way at least that is a positive.

Can't blame GvE for wanting Jardel to fail, he didn't want to sign him. You would have to imagine GvE gave the final yes to Heskey, which is why he wants him to work.

pottytop
25-09-2012, 06:05 PM

This, plus it would be another great way to get publicity for the club, player and the Newcastle area.

Will definitely be coming down for the day to welcome him to the club. I just hope that the club has actually got something planned out which they can inform us and the general public withiin the next 2 days.

westjet
25-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Would love for them to chopper him in with a huge banner of the photo of heskey in his jersey with some slogan bagging out bling and the scum hanging below- hover it over their stadiums and training grounds. Probably not realistic but would be great to see and provide some awesome publicity.

GazFish35
25-09-2012, 06:56 PM
I reckon this is the signing con was talking about.

hawk
25-09-2012, 07:47 PM
No 9 jersey sold out in 26s. 5000 more on order. Must be a big crewe of Heskey's Ho's forming.

pottytop
25-09-2012, 08:48 PM
No 9 jersey sold out in 26s. 5000 more on order. Must be a big crewe of Heskey's Ho's forming.

How many went on the initial sale?

Have been tempted to follow the sheep and buy a Heskey shirt but have been holding back as I have been told that the ISC shirt comfort is rubbish compared to the gold shirts.

sammydog
26-09-2012, 07:14 AM
Heskey interview on Sky Sports

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,12606_8109369,00.html

Marcus
26-09-2012, 08:11 AM
Heskey interview on Sky Sports

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,12606_8109369,00.html

30,000??? :blush:

sammydog
26-09-2012, 08:25 AM
Thats what I thought, but on second thought I am not sure he didn't say 13,000.

hauss
26-09-2012, 09:00 AM
Thats what I thought, but on second thought I am not sure he didn't say 13,000.

sure he said 30,000. poor guy will get a shock.

maybe we can fool him with cardboard cutouts.

moses
26-09-2012, 09:22 AM
defo said 30 tho, but he was laughing when he said it. Maybe just talking the place up for the pommy interviewer.

pistolpete
26-09-2012, 10:31 AM
sure he said 30,000. poor guy will get a shock.

maybe we can fool him with cardboard cutouts.

Should work. Would be hard to distinguish the cardboard cutouts from the current crowd as the western stand is full of them already

Marcus
26-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Lost in translation, maybe. :lulzturtle:

Marcus
26-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Good bloke.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Heskey-looking-forward-to-arriving-in-Newcastle/49404

boz-monaut
27-09-2012, 06:43 AM
the Heskey shirts selling out is getting better coverage on The Guardian than The Newcastle Herald

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/sep/26/australian-newcastle-jets-emile-heskey-shirts

it's on the front page of a newspaper site on the other side of the world but not in our town because of this stupid feud with Dillon and HSG

Youaskedforit
27-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Have it on good authority HESKEY landed in Sydney at 6.17AM this morning .

Hes here already boys !!!!!!!!!!!

GazFish35
27-09-2012, 10:59 AM
What did he have for breakfast?

I've heard he's due in tommorrow morning.

Youaskedforit
27-09-2012, 01:02 PM
What did he have for breakfast?

I've heard he's due in tommorrow morning.

my good authority is sheit ..... tmoz morning apparently

Youaskedforit
27-09-2012, 01:12 PM
Or did he land in perth this morning ? hhhhmmmm

stopper2
27-09-2012, 01:24 PM
the Heskey shirts selling out is getting better coverage on The Guardian than The Newcastle Herald

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/sep/26/australian-newcastle-jets-emile-heskey-shirts

it's on the front page of a newspaper site on the other side of the world but not in our town because of this stupid feud with Dillon and HSG

I think that Jets/HSG have been burnt enough times by Dillon in the past and that it's reached this stage where they have a total media ban on him. This isn't just the Bridges incident where he has deliberately tried to make a big story out of nothing. He seems to try to put a negative spin on situations/incidences in order to paint the club in a bad way. Gee I even remember back when Nicky Carle wanted to go overseas with Con's blessings and he lambasted Con and the club in the Herald for "letting" their star player go. Yes, his job is a reporter but quite often he will write something and then keep re-hashing it over and over instead of just moving on.....this is what I think annoys management, players and supporters the most.

hauss
27-09-2012, 01:32 PM
he will write something and then keep re-hashing it over and over instead of just moving on.....

That is straight from the Newcastle Herald employee manual.

Write a paragraph on new stuff and cut and past 4 or 5 paragraphs from previously stories that have the slightest connection.

The house next door to mine is getting demolished and like a lot of houses in the 1940s it had newspapers under the lino. I had a look at these as there were a lot of interesting stories related to the war. The thing that struck me about these papers were that there were a lot of stories that were just two paragraphs long. They told you what you needed to know and that's it, didn't try to pad it out with useless waffle. Papers had a lot less pages back then too. We could learn from the past.

longshot
27-09-2012, 02:21 PM
A newpaper reporter should be a reporter, not an opionist. Report what is happening at the club, not give your opinion of what you would like people to think what is happening at the club.

Pico
27-09-2012, 02:54 PM

The club needs to look at the bigger picture here and realise they are doing more harm then good with this no herald stance, like it or not the herald has been one of the better newspaper for HAL coverage, continuing this feud only hurts the club and supporters in the long run.

q-money
27-09-2012, 05:11 PM
maybe bobby d is right and people don't like to hear it

furns
27-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Is anyone planning on being at Sydney airport in the morning? Flight lands at 6:05am ffs

toad
27-09-2012, 07:06 PM
i delegate this job to the f3mdr.

get there furns.

p.s. you will need to change your banner to the m1mdr soon :D

boz-monaut
27-09-2012, 07:11 PM
isn't q-dawg on the same flight in?

furns
27-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Lawl

Can't see it happening unfortunately. Sla, Blackmac maybe but with qman, NBUnited on a middle eastern tour and Fish a 90 min drive from airport it's going to be hard to get anyone there.
Don't think they are expecting an ADP-level airport reception at 605am and most people who support the team over 2 hours drive away.

Hamma12
27-09-2012, 07:21 PM
official unveiling at the stadium tomorrow 3.30pm...
If anyone is free..

sammydog
27-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Closed session at the stadium tomorrow.

Open training session at Ray Watt on Tuesday Arvo.

From the Jets website http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Heskey-arrival-on-Friday/49360

After signing with the Newcastle Jets late last week, English striker Emile Heskey arrives in the country on Friday.

Heskey is scheduled to land at Sydney Airport at 6.05am and will be greeted by CEO Robbie Middleby and friend Michael Bridges.

He will then attend the Jets session at Hunter Stadium on Friday afternoon and meet his new teammates and the coaching staff. Following a meeting with the coaching staff will determine what training he will do.

Hunter Stadium has a third party booking and for that reason, it is unfortunately a closed session to the public.

Heskey's first training session for Members and supporters to attend will be on Tuesday afternoon at Ray Watt Oval. The session will commence at approximately 4.30pm. The Jets also train on Wednesday morning, and Members and fans can attend that session at Ray Watt Oval also, from 10am.

q-money
27-09-2012, 07:41 PM
sunday, hopefully with griff

A.J.
27-09-2012, 08:21 PM
The burning question: is he in Jets colours for FIFA 13?

Jetmaster
27-09-2012, 08:33 PM
The burning question: is he in Jets colours for FIFA 13?

Not just yet - await first update.

coastiehater
27-09-2012, 11:53 PM
no del piero either. bridges startin upfront on default squad. someone tell him he's dreamin

seldom
28-09-2012, 01:32 AM
third party booking....wtf

Grimario
28-09-2012, 07:25 AM
third party booking....wtf

Super X is coming to tear the pitch up before the season starts

Right?

Grimario
28-09-2012, 07:48 AM

two down, eight to go

I love how they say strikers score goals and Heskey does not. Viduka was hardly prolific for us yet I would say he is probably the best player ever to play the game for Australia.

I miss dukes :(

GazFish35
28-09-2012, 08:22 AM
You're right G.
People who don't understand what dukes did, and what they role in a team is don't really understand the game.

Jetmaster
28-09-2012, 08:55 AM
He is here !!!!!

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1122211/Heskey-lands-to-a-warm-welcome

"Jets fan" please identify yourself !

Gallery on 442...

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/Gallery/317191,emile-heskey-arrives-in-oz.aspx/1

Chadandkira12
28-09-2012, 09:10 AM
He is here !!!!!

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1122211/Heskey-lands-to-a-warm-welcome

"Jets fan" please identify yourself !

Gallery on 442...

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/Gallery/317191,emile-heskey-arrives-in-oz.aspx/1

Matt vanderberg or however. Spell it he lives in Sydney and goes to every home and away game

Jetmaster
28-09-2012, 09:13 AM
The Herald...

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/364634/heskey-arrives-and-is-raring-to-go/?cs=303

Of course they have to compare it to ADPs arrival, but seeing ADP arrived in city he is playing on a Sunday is a bit different to arriving 6am, in a city 170kms away on a workday..

Looked a reasonable reception.

Pico
28-09-2012, 10:04 AM
The Herald...

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/364634/heskey-arrives-and-is-raring-to-go/?cs=303

Of course they have to compare it to ADPs arrival, but seeing ADP arrived in city he is playing on a Sunday is a bit different to arriving 6am, in a city 170kms away on a workday..

Looked a reasonable reception.

You do realise that's a piece written by Seb Hassett, taken from the SMH, so its not exactly out of the ordinary that a Sydney based journo, working for a Sydney newspaper would make a comparison to Sydney's earlier marquee arrival.

If it had of been Dillon or Gardner I could understand your point but the fact its just a fairfax copy job seems a little harsh on the herald, best to wait and see how the heralds reporters approach it, but the fact that HSG has banned them from talking to anyone and everyone at the club do we really expect any decent coverage other then copy jobs of other papers or media releases, again the only people this stance from HSG hurts is their own fans and football community.

Pico
28-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Some pic's

http://i.haymarket.net.au/Utils/ImageResizer.ashx?n=http%3a%2f%2fi.haymarket.net.a u%2fGalleries%2f20120928085545_10.JPG&h=450&w=645

http://i.haymarket.net.au/Utils/ImageResizer.ashx?n=http%3a%2f%2fi.haymarket.net.a u%2fGalleries%2f2012092808***0_11.JPG&h=450&w=645

http://i.haymarket.net.au/Utils/ImageResizer.ashx?n=http%3a%2f%2fi.haymarket.net.a u%2fGalleries%2f20120928085506_2.JPG&h=450&w=645

Jetmaster
28-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Yes - and that is one of the disappointing things, the Herald were not there to report it and relied on rehashing a Sydney report.

Pico
28-09-2012, 10:41 AM
Why would the herald send someone to Sydney when they are not permitted to talk to anyone from the club, they probably got more answers by not being their and getting Hassett to ask questions then if they had turned up.

Don't see what the big deal is, Heskey is coming to Newcastle, plenty of opportunity for the herald reporters to conduct one on one interviews with Heskey, oh except they are banned from talking to him, a decision that rests entirely with HSG....

hawk
28-09-2012, 11:04 AM
I cant never tell who's who on the field, what number is hesk wearing?

militiamon
28-09-2012, 11:36 AM

:rof:

:blush:

:rof:

q-money
28-09-2012, 11:40 AM
another bald bloke ffs

russjaybee
28-09-2012, 02:48 PM
zing

Retro Jet
28-09-2012, 09:18 PM

Hook, line and sinker hawk

N1

Pico
29-09-2012, 12:58 PM
The Busch Hack
Heskey makes sense for Jets
By Beau Busch
Sep 28 2012 12:41

In his excellent autobiography Jamie Carragher describes Emile Heskey as having “the ability to be a Liverpool player but not the mentality.” Newcastle Jets will be hoping the pressure of being their marquee man does not expose the same cracks in his confidence.

Despite scoring 22 goals in his debut season at Anfield, Heskey never seemed convinced he was good enough to be Liverpool player. Shorn of self belief, the chances he missed rather than the ones he scored began to characterise his game in his later years at Liverpool and stints at Birmingham, Wigan and Aston Villa to the extent that missing an easy chance is often referred to as ‘doing a Heskey.’

With this in mind the mixed reaction to his signing with the Jets appears somewhat appropriate. His hardworking style makes Heskey very much a players’ player rather than one who is likely to be the darling of supporters. But whilst marquee signings are very much about generating interest in the A-League they are ultimately judged by their impact on the pitch and the former England international will be no different.

It is highly likely that the 34-year-old will occasionally ‘do a Heskey’ but he will make the Jets a better side. On first glance he seems unlikely to fit into van Egmond’s preferred up tempo possession based game but a deeper look shows he will add more to the Jets than just a physical presence.

Flanked by any of the highly mobile wide attackers available to the Jets Heskey will provide a focal point from which they can make runs off safe in the knowledge that he will hold the ball up. Nothing curbs a player’s willingness to get forward like a striker who repeatedly gives the ball away, having spent over a decade holding off the best defenders in the Premier League he has the tools to continue doing this. There is also the issue of drawing defenders in to him. His frame makes it almost impossible to get the ball off him when he has it under control and defenders will be drawn out creating space for the wide players to come inside into or midfielders to burst forward past him.

There is also his ability to stretch the play as he is surprisingly quick and does offer a threat in behind. If defenders try to stop him receiving the ball short they run the risk of getting exposed in behind and in attacking midfielder Bernado Ribeiro the Jets have a player capable of finding the former Aston Villa man.

The obvious one is Heskey’s physicality which creates an option to go long. Few would wish to see this but it could have a positive effect on their short passing game and their ability to play out from the back. To combat a possession game most teams will attempt to press high and aggressively to force their opponent into error. If the Jets have an option to play the odd long pass into Heskey it could prove an effective means of combating pressure and forcing opponents back.

I am not suggesting to launch it up to him and play off the knockdowns but rather to play in to him, in a similar way Gerard Pique does for Barcelona when he elects to stretch the game by playing a long diagonal to stop the opposition from being able to press high. In Heskey the Jets will have an option to mix up their play making it more difficult for the opposition to devise a means for stopping them.

He may not have the pedigree of Alessandro del Piero but few in the world do, however, Heskey will make the Jets a better side and that is what any new recruit should do. Maybe even ‘doing a Heskey’ will find a new meaning in the A-League, fingers crossed.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/blogs.aspx?CIaBEID=2984

Sense, he's making it.

q-money
29-09-2012, 03:18 PM
good bloke, is beau

Bon
30-09-2012, 03:10 PM
good bloke, is beau

So I have heard..

q-money
30-09-2012, 04:10 PM
it's nice to see an ex pro footballer who isn't a total moron

Thomas477
30-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Wasn't Beau after Con for some money at one stage?

GazFish35
30-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Everyone was.

Portillo
02-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Not a Jets fan, but very excited to see Heskey play. :)

Grimario
02-10-2012, 05:22 PM
it's nice to see an ex pro footballer who isn't a total moron

Isn't that an entirely different Beau Busch?

Bon
02-10-2012, 05:44 PM
Isn't that an entirely different Beau Busch?

Nah, it is him..
Word is that he is married, living in Scotland and writing (not sure if he is playing though)..

Swifts
02-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Was playing for Arbroath in the Scottish 2nd Division last season.

MFKS
03-10-2012, 05:51 PM
What about this one:
Heskey has never recycled someone else's post.
MFKS has.

(wb though, I've been worried where you were)

Been away on holidays with pretty limited internet opportunity. Did get the chance to post once though and that was it. Had read this thread but hadn't seen it posted elsewhere on the foz. See it now in the Daily News thread!!

Wasn't the intent to plagarise someone elses plagarisation!!

Was down the Sth Coast at the time Heskey signed for us and the Member was looking resplendent walking the town in a shirt that signified my love affair with the Jets. Got approached by a bloke who told me about the Heskey signing and was pretty depressed when the realisation hit me that now we have to rid ourselves or Galloway/Jesic/Kanta to bring Lord Griffo home.

Don't necessarily agree with our choice of marquee but am pretty chuffed Tinks has splashed the cash and not treated us as a 2nd class citizen to the Knights

Interesting thing about the bloke who told me about the Heskey signing was the bloke claimed to be the grandfather of one Conor Chapman. Now the bloke could have been bullshitting me but after getting talking to the bloke he seemed to either be legit or IS stalking Conor coz he seemed to know a hell of a lot about someone who is a rookie HAL player.

Member on Sth Coast >> Meets relative of Conor Chapman >> Conor works with Ryan Griffo >>Ryan Griffo brother of Joel.

So no matter where you are in the world you ain't far from being touched by the Power of Griffo

russjaybee
04-10-2012, 09:19 AM
six degrees lad

Jetmaster
04-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Nice find on Twitter this morning....

"Emily" Heskey as a child on TV....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzIUu8ORbzY&feature=youtu.be

adamm237
04-10-2012, 11:29 AM
After watching him at training his shooting didnt start real well but got better as he went on.

But they way he was holding the ball up was great and younger players like Goodwin seemed to be running off him.

russjaybee
04-10-2012, 11:39 AM
As long as he doesn't have to run too much Heskey will be great, playing the 'Dukes roll.
Hopefully ryu and the kids have a field day running off him as he lays it on like a platter.

:pissup::popcorn::fap:

the blue manc
06-10-2012, 07:25 PM
was at charlie square today and went to have lunch and found the missus had a seat next to the big fella.

militiamon
06-10-2012, 07:29 PM
Did you stare at him awkwardly the whole time?

the blue manc
06-10-2012, 07:33 PM
i was doing the is that him,no its not, yeah thats him.

furns
06-10-2012, 07:39 PM
How many large black men are there in Newy ffs

:wink:

plague
06-10-2012, 07:42 PM

If he had a 'Heskey' jersey with the 9 on the back it was probably him. Obviously Qantas lost his luggage, dude has been wearing the same clobber all week.

militiamon
06-10-2012, 07:42 PM

I wonder if he's gotten a "HESKEY TIME!" yet.

Or mentions of anal recipes etc.

the blue manc
06-10-2012, 07:56 PM

i didnt think he was that big. ooohhhhh:grin:

boz-monaut
06-10-2012, 08:24 PM

:wink:it's a while since you lived here furns, you should go to a Hunter Simba game

Left Winger
06-10-2012, 08:42 PM
Does anybody know if the superstore is open before the game? I need a Heskey #9!!!

Jetmaster
06-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Heskey = 9....inches....

seldom
06-10-2012, 08:52 PM

counting the knights...14

furns
06-10-2012, 09:12 PM
I said black, not kiwi

boz-monaut
06-10-2012, 09:39 PM
racist

furns
06-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Lol was trying to be unracist as possible

boz-monaut
06-10-2012, 09:55 PM
yeah sure you were Adolf

GazFish35
06-10-2012, 09:59 PM
Good self censoring seldom.

hawk
06-10-2012, 10:42 PM

interesting. Did you play League 3 this year?

q-money
06-10-2012, 11:24 PM
nuremburgfootball.net

the blue manc
07-10-2012, 10:22 AM
interesting. Did you play League 3 this year?
no. ive retired. i have taken up a mangers role with a new NBN club.

Left Winger
07-10-2012, 05:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-e7vEqkhIo

This reminds me of Heskey taking down Galekovic.

seldom
07-10-2012, 06:16 PM
Good self censoring seldom.

Yeah probs a mickey hair away from an infraction :D

hawk
07-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Hmm Griffo, Brown, Ribiero, Chapman, Neville, Rubez - I think you're underestimating the potential of our team.
:blush: No underestimation, kids will struggle for a while.

plague
15-10-2012, 11:16 AM
After watching replay, the big man put in such a good game, winning balls all over the centre of the park both on the ground and in the air.
Jobes distribution to him was great and Ryan Griffiths just worked so well with him and Goodwin.
Also loved his comments after the game. Just wanted to praise the boys and make it all about the team.
Just seems like a good dude and great teammate.
Smash Hutcho this weekend and I'll lose my shit.

MFKS
15-10-2012, 11:23 AM
After watching replay, the big man put in such a good game, winning balls all over the centre of the park both on the ground and in the air.
Jobes distribution to him was great and Ryan Griffiths just worked so well with him and Goodwin.
Also loved his comments after the game. Just wanted to praise the boys and make it all about the team.

And this is all despite the Craig Deans effect burdening us and bringing Heskey down. Imagine how he would go if Deans wasn't in the picture??

Deans Out

Jetmaster
15-10-2012, 02:53 PM

I too watched the replay and it was noticeable how often Heskey would win the ball in the air and then flick or chest the ball into space (and one back heel). Hopefully the rest of the boys can start to see this a bit earlier and run off him in the right areas. He will set up much more than he will score.

Skirt Boy
19-10-2012, 12:58 AM
Heskey gets a mention on Football365

The first really notable keeper, and perhaps the original safe pair of Yankee hands, was Kasey Keller, League Cup winner with Leicester City back when Emile Heskey wasn't beating Alessandro del Piero.

Heskey > Del Piero!

Jeterpool
19-10-2012, 06:59 AM
I too watched the replay and it was noticeable how often Heskey would win the ball in the air and then flick or chest the ball into space (and one back heel). Hopefully the rest of the boys can start to see this a bit earlier and run off him in the right areas. He will set up much more than he will score.

Agree. A few times they needed to keep on running. They would heitate and lose any advantage they had over the defender. A few weeks time and they will time it perfectly knowing Heskey will get it to them

Newieutd
19-10-2012, 07:59 AM
Had a dream last night that Heskey scored in the last minute after smashing Hutcho in a tackle around half way and pantsing Sainsbury...

needless to say i had to change sheets this morning

MFKS
19-10-2012, 09:47 AM
I had a dream last night also and in it Heskey was sent packing (Culina style) and we signed Jason Hoffman as his replacement.

Then I woke up screaming and crying over my nightmare

MFKS
19-10-2012, 12:02 PM
The Newcastle Jets' marquee signing Emile Heskey says he is enjoying life in Australia and has backed the A-League to continue to grow in stature.

The former Liverpool forward opened his A-League account in the 'Battle of the Marquees' clash between Newcastle and Alessandro Del Piero's Sydney FC last weekend, with Jets coach Gary van Egmond already saying the team needs to shape itself around Heskey.

Heskey told Grandstand's Aaron Kearney he felt no pressure to score so soon after his arrival on Australian soil, and compared to the intense life of the English Premier League, is enjoying the more laid-back Australian lifestyle.

"I just take every game as it is. I've been doing this for 18 years now so its something I know and something I do instinctively," Heskey said on his first goal for the club.

"I just go and play, go and enjoy it. When you're enjoying whatever you're doing, you get the best out of yourself.

"Obviously the weather [is the biggest difference] - it can be good and can be bad. Obviously relaxing is good, being in a game is a little bit different.

Obviously with AFL, getting 90,000 people watching it is amazing. You can't really compare it with that but like I say it's growing, people will get an interest in it the more it gets shown on TV, the more and more they see players come in and play.

Emile Heskey
"Your body kind of adapts to playing in different temperatures. The life outside of football is a bit more relaxed. You can do a lot more outdoors than you can in England so I'm enjoying that."

Heskey, who has won 62 caps for England and played in three World Cups, says there is no point comparing the A-League with the English Premiership, which he says are still worlds apart.

But he says the A-League can follow the United States's MLS league as the blueprint for developing the game in Australia.

"It's difficult to compare it with the Premier League. The Premier League is watched by millions upon millions of people," he said.

"It showed when I was at Liverpool and going to places like Thailand and you think 'what do they know?', and everyone knows everything about you.

"But [the A-League] is an emerging market and you look at the Americans, how they've done it, I think they're trying to replicate that and trying to make it grow. What they call 'soccer' is going to grow.

"Obviously with AFL, getting 90,000 people watching it is amazing. You can't really compare it with that but like I say it's growing, people will get an interest in it the more it gets shown on TV, the more and more they see players come in and play."

Heskey says he always dreamed of playing abroad at some point in his career after watching the Serie A as a young player when the Italian league was at the height of its powers.

He says he stayed put in England for so long because it was "the best league in the world", but that changed when he spoke to Jets powerbrokers.

"Growing up as a kid, you always wanted to play abroad, you always wanted to challenge yourself," he said.

I had never seen Australian football, but I had always wanted to play abroad. There comes a time when you want to try different things.
Emile Heskey
"Granted, I had never seen Australian football, but I had always wanted to play abroad. There comes a time when you want to try different things.

"Having the CEO come over a long way and speak to you and try to sell the club, it kind of sold itself to me. I did have other options but once I sat down with family, I thought this was right."

The task in front of Heskey now lies in maintaining his fitness and lending his experience to Newcastle's up-and-coming talents.

"[The body is] good so far, I can't complain. It's holding up well. I haven't got no complaints on that," he said.

"I'm still working on my fitness, the manager's got me working hard on the training field. The lads have had five months preseason so they're a little bit ahead of me. It's a work in progress.

"We're just taking it step by step. We have got quite a young squad, so just progression with them and trying to get them to build something consistently.

"If you build something consistently with them, you've got a chance of actually winning things on a regular basis. Man United did it with the Beckhams and the Nevilles when they came through and they bonded very quickly and they bonded to the point where they were winning leagues after leagues after leagues.

"We've got a good manager here who knows his stuff, so hopefully with the good players that we've got we can actually build something."
Notice no praise for Deans!!

cobra23
19-10-2012, 12:26 PM
i had a dream last night that heskey scored a hatty,
and what topped that off was Deans having a beer in the stands with his best friend MFKS. They were even holding hands. Ha HA
then i woke in stitches...

Portillo
19-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Go Heskey! Hope he keeps scoring.

MFKS
19-10-2012, 12:53 PM
i had a dream last night that heskey scored a hatty,
and what topped that off was Deans having a beer in the stands with his best friend MFKS. They were even holding hands. Ha HA
then i woke in stitches...

I am not his "best" friend.

Plague leaves me for dead on this subject :rof:

plague
19-10-2012, 06:24 PM
I am not his "best" friend.

Plague leaves me for dead on this subject :rof:

Not even close.

I am merely a foot solider in q-mans revolućion.

Just doing my bit for the cause.

q-money
19-10-2012, 06:37 PM
the path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men

militiamon
19-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Deans out

Buddha
20-10-2012, 11:16 AM
the path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men

Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness

Portillo
20-10-2012, 07:36 PM
2 in 3. So far so good.

Buddha
20-10-2012, 08:17 PM
God

seldom
20-10-2012, 10:42 PM
he goes orrite ay ?

Thomas477
20-10-2012, 11:23 PM
Apparently the Mirror in the UK is suggesting Hodgson pick Heskey for England again.

They can **** right off, we need him more than them.

MFKS
20-10-2012, 11:29 PM
Yeah but the English NT is struggling that bad and are the first group of Poms who haven't been able to beat ****ing Poland since 1973 Heskey banging them in down here makes him look the goods!!!

The positive of Heskey's success is it will open up a world of possibilities in the next year or two for Marquees who will look at Heskey making Bitches out of everyone and think they should be here also sucking the mango

parksey
21-10-2012, 02:06 AM
goes good

Skirt Boy
21-10-2012, 02:44 AM
Apparently the Mirror in the UK is suggesting Hodgson pick Heskey for England again.

They can **** right off, we need him more than them.

Got a link so I can chuckle?

Jeterpool
21-10-2012, 06:05 AM
Early on I loved Sainsbury trying to get physical with him. Heskey laughed and just shoved him off. Great stuff

Thomas477
21-10-2012, 09:49 AM
Got a link so I can chuckle?

https://twitter.com/mirrorfootball/status/259614894469562368

Hope that works

MFKS
21-10-2012, 05:11 PM
Have it on good authority next week Heskytime will be the Fox Sports Playercam featured player

militiamon
21-10-2012, 06:12 PM
I've been very impressed with Heskey individually after the first 3 games, I thought he would do well in the A-League, but I think it's fair to say he has exceeded expectations so far.

Unfortunately the rest of the team seems to have gone to shit around him. We spent months and months of pre-season building our game to be played in a certain way, and we all saw this style reflected in the pre-season games. However, as soon as Heskey stepped into the team it seems that we have jumped ship with our game plan. The number one tactic now is to boot it long to Heskey, with the backup being to boot it long to Goodwin/Griff/Virgili who cross it into the box for Heskey.

As I said, it's a shame because Heskey himself is doing nothing wrong, and I think he'd actually be pretty good at playing on the ground more. Seems to be a bit of the old 'Josh Kennedy effect' where as soon as you throw on a tallish player who is good in the air, everyone must kick it long to them.

Grimario
24-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Have it on good authority next week Heskytime will be the Fox Sports Playercam featured player

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/heskey-cam-watch-emile-heskey-live-and-exclusive-on-and-off-the-ball-in-newcastle-victory-game/story-e6frf4gl-1226502461800

Your good authority is good sauce.

belchardo
24-10-2012, 06:48 PM
MFKS, see if your good authority can swing mel's number our way.

MFKS
24-10-2012, 09:42 PM
MFKS, see if your good authority can swing mel's number our way.

There's a thread floating around on the Foz somewhere where the Member waxing lyrical about Mel. Can't be arsed finding it but basically Member having a fapfest over her

If my sauce was good for her number no offence but I would be taking care of the Member's interests first and foremost and you guys would be but an after thought!!!

Thomas477
24-10-2012, 10:25 PM
There's a thread floating around on the Foz somewhere where the Member waxing lyrical about Mel. Can't be arsed finding it but basically Member having a fapfest over her

If my sauce was good for her number no offence but I would be taking care of the Member's interests first and foremost and you guys would be but an after thought!!!

:ban:

Grimario
24-10-2012, 10:48 PM

The members members interest, of course.

seldom
24-10-2012, 11:50 PM
If my sauce was good for her number no offence but I would be taking care of the Member's interests first and foremost

I doubt she'd remember :gent:

MFKS
25-10-2012, 12:33 AM
I doubt she'd remember :gent:

Even if she didn't I would and that is all that would matter!!!:wink::yay:

Skirt Boy
25-10-2012, 12:40 AM

Dude that's just ****ing low. I mean could you imagine the total amount of joy I could bring to this forum if I had her number?

Jeterpool
25-10-2012, 07:23 AM
For the greater good!

Jetmaster
25-10-2012, 08:07 AM

And here be that fapfest....

Couldn't give a **** if she was married. She is still fair game in my eyes!!

If I bump into her on my travels the Member will be turning on the charm with the express intent of rubbing the Members member between her thighs. Couldn't give a shit if she was married to Mike Tyson holding a sawnoff shotgun at me when I met her I would still be hitting on her.

Payoff seems worth the consequences!!!

The consequence for the lucky **** Married to her and rooting her regularly is he is gonna have to be on his toes to keep other blokes away from her. His problem and it comes with the territory

Anyway Member>>>

Would **** her still if she put on 50kgs.
Would **** her still if she was up the duff.
Would **** her still if if she wanted to be rooted in a Gypo replica kit.

It ain't her figure that does it. It is those eyes!!! Almost permanently glazed over like she has just orgasmed!!!

Does it for me big time

Must say I quite agree, though the thought of Mel in a Gypo kit is quite shocking.

sh10
25-10-2012, 11:59 AM
that post is inappropriate for work...will be saving the thought for later...

Portillo
26-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Great goals from Heskey!

NewcastleForLife
26-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Didn't know the big man was such a huge fan of maths. Keep up the fibonacci sequence mate.

boz-monaut
26-10-2012, 10:19 PM
Keep up the fibonacci sequence mate.well spotted

at this rate he'll get 514,229 goals in the grand final (assuming his 317,810 goals in the regular season and 514,229 in the major semi get us there)

NewcastleForLife
26-10-2012, 10:21 PM
well spotted

at this rate he'll get 514,229 goals in the grand final (assuming his 317,810 goals in the regular season and 514,229 in the major semi get us there)

Was quite proud of myself. Pity we're away to Perth next week...

stopper2
26-10-2012, 10:45 PM
Dominating possession and playing good passing football are all well and good but if you don't have anyone to consistently hit the back of the net than it means nothing. It looks like with Heskey we finally have a consistent goal scorer for the first time in about 4 seasons. That alone can be the difference between being a side battling on the the cusp of the top six or a side gunning for a top four spot or even the top two.

Jeterpool
26-10-2012, 10:49 PM
I can't wait to hear Andy Jackson bitch and moan some more about how Heskey is scoring for us and why not at Villa on the 442 podcast. He he he

His cost per goal at Villa was about £3.75million per goal. Here it's $250k!

Grimario
27-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Trendsmap London ‏@TrendsLondon
#heskeyforengland is now trending in #London http://trendsmap.com/gb/london

blahahhaahhahaha

derajydac
27-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Heskey now has more goals in the A-League than Pele, Messi and Ronaldo combined.

MFKS
27-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Problem with all this is people around the world will be thinking how bad is the HAL. FFS Emile Heskey is half fit and played 4 scored 4 and is Leading Goal Scorer.

It's good in one sense that he is helping us win games and bumping up interest in the HAL in this country but not actually doing much for the image of the HAL and reputation of Australian Football outside this land

Jetmaster
27-10-2012, 07:52 PM
The guy can't win...if he had gone on a Jardel/Zura like drought he would have been criticised for proving his shitness.

Score goals every week and the league he is playing in is shit.

furns
27-10-2012, 08:41 PM
thats what the almighty Poms are saying

must be true then

MFKS
27-10-2012, 08:53 PM
thats what the almighty Poms are saying

must be true then

Perception is a wonderful thing. Our league is a bit better than people give it credit for. Heskey's success may lead to foreigners turning up here half arsed thinking they can walk it without putting the hard yards in. Flip side to Heskey's success is it may present a more viable and appealing option to EPL stars on the downward plain who don't fancy dropping down into the lower leagues and getting the shit kicked out of them 50 times a year as they have a bullseye on their back as they were once a big star and every hack is out to get them.

That also being said I don't think we have really gotten great value out of Heskey yet. His general play can still improve out of sight in my eyes and he should be getting into more goal scoring situations than he has been.

All his goals have been in the 6 yard box and have been basically down to his level of experience playing in the EPL. Experience and a skill the likes of Tagz and other Aussie strikers don't have. His goals V Smurfs and his first last night are down to him having 30 years of football drummed into him to get to the ball first in the box. Not exactly rocket science but a trait missing in a lot of Aussies.

Can't wait for the bit more to come from him though!!!

GazFish35
27-10-2012, 08:58 PM
Most football pundits worth their salt, and any professional player who has half a brain, would know the role heskey played for much of his career and don't buy into the "he's shit" line taken by lazy and uneducated journos/fans.

furns
27-10-2012, 09:01 PM
in case you didnt guess already, my post was pure unadulterated sarcasm

and the Poms saying how shit the HAL are are the usual internet knobs who post comments on UK tabloid articles
therefore - they are full of shit and have no ****ing clue what they are on about.

as you were