PDA

View Full Version : Test Cricket aka real cricket

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

parksey
27-11-2014, 10:05 PM
does a the fact that it happened on a sporting field between consenting adults change matters?

i don't mean to be disrespectful here because, like many people, this incident has rattled me pretty hard, but:

when the sport in question literally entails one person throwing a ball in the direction of another person with the sole intention of intimidating and ultimately dismissing that person, the answer you seek is "yes"

Skirt Boy
27-11-2014, 10:19 PM
i don't mean to be disrespectful here because, like many people, this incident has rattled me pretty hard, but:

when the sport in question literally entails one person throwing a ball in the direction of another person with the sole intention of intimidating and ultimately dismissing that person, the answer you seek is "yes"

I disagree.

I've played the sport all my life and whilst the bouncer is an intimidating action it is no different to a solid DM body checking a speedy winger or charging at a keeper during a corner. Or a prop forward in the rugby codes steam rolling a halfback.

Believe it or not there are now more head injuries in cricket today with the advent of state of the art protective equipment then before helmets made an appearance. Problem we have now is that the amount of safety equipment, combined with professionalism and win at all costs attitude means that batsmen now take more risks. In years gone by a batsmen would for the most part avoid the bouncer and either duck or walk away (depending on delivery) and very rarely would they attempt to hook/pull a short pitch delivery unless they had some balls. Now batsmen will try to score as many runs as possible.

Tommyjet
27-11-2014, 10:25 PM
Sad times for cricket the world over. It certainly made me think about the 10 times I'd been hit in the head/helmet by a bouncer and I'm sure, like me, there are many of batsmen out there thanking their lucky stars their injuries were not as severe as that encountered by phil.

plague
27-11-2014, 11:04 PM

Nah, otherwise we wouldn't have boxing and MMA.

pv4
27-11-2014, 11:21 PM
Can confirm i thoroughly enjoyed Mitch Johnsons bouncers that q referenced at the last ashes. They were sick. Also he used the term "squllions" which just feels right.

Sad day, i feel for all involed.

plague
27-11-2014, 11:21 PM
The freak nature of the accident was explained well by the doc today. He said there were only 100 cases on record where the same amount of trauma was experienced to the artery. And only one case world wide on record had been caused by a cricket ball.
Id dare say way more people die on football fields every year compared to cricket. It's a really safe sport.
It was just an accident. That's all.

Doesn't make it any less sad though.

Jetmaster
27-11-2014, 11:31 PM
Unfortunately, technique has suffered because of the hit and giggle forms of the game AND helmets. Guys try to hit everything and think if they miss the helmet will save them. So many of them turn their head which didn't happen before.

I have watched cricket since the 70's and guarantee that far more batmen get hit now than in the past. I batted for over 20 years without a helmet, against some top class speedsters and got hit on the head once - I put that down to technique developed with a fear of getting hit.

I just hope they don't kill the game now by panicking.

Skirt Boy
27-11-2014, 11:32 PM
It's a really safe sport.

The bruises that remained on my body from two weeks ago tell a different story.

Buddha
27-11-2014, 11:33 PM
Don't get me wrong I love a good bouncer, I'm usually on the receiving end due to my lack of height meaning good length balls become short stuff. It's good for the game, it brings upon a great source of intimidation and or runs/wickets.

The only reason I bring up the topic of banning it is simply because of the sad state of sports these days whereby the game is being ruined because some do gooder thinks it's a bad look or doesn't go down well with the younger kids blah blah blah

This is honestly a one in a million and I hope to god this never happens again. How many times do you see a short ball hit the helmet and the only thing wrong is simply the helmet has a nice dent in it or it's been shattered into pieces?

Buddha
27-11-2014, 11:36 PM
Unfortunately, technique has suffered because of the hit and giggle forms of the game AND helmets. Guys try to hit everything and think if they miss the helmet will save them. So many of them turn their head which didn't happen before.

I have watched cricket since the 70's and guarantee that far more batmen get hit now than in the past. I batted for over 20 years without a helmet, against some top class speedsters and got hit on the head once - I put that down to technique developed with a fear of getting hit.

I just hope they don't kill the game now by panicking.

With all this protection these days, Batsmen are getting too complacent, believing that their helmets chest guards arm guards etc will save them should they have a big swing no ding.

Premy
28-11-2014, 06:29 AM
FYI the ball didn't hit him in the head, blunt force to the artery in the neck resulted in a hernia which caused swelling on the brian.
A FREAK accident.

R.I.P Phil

Jetmaster
28-11-2014, 09:10 AM
FYI the ball didn't hit him in the head, blunt force to the artery in the neck resulted in a hernia which caused swelling on the brian.
A FREAK accident.

R.I.P Phil

Which was one of my points - with a proper technique for the pull shot the head and eyes remain behind and facing the ball. If you miss it's the forehead, nose or cheek that gets hit - still not nice of course, but it meant you only played the shot when confident. Batsmen now take their eye off the ball and turn their head - it's not the first time I've seen guys hit in the neck or back of the head.

Yes - it is still freakish.

Buddha
04-12-2014, 03:39 AM
I dunno about any of you guys, but I teared up big time when Pup was giving his speech, absolutely heartbreaking. And the image of Phils dad absolutely shattered carrying his coffin out of the hall with Aaron Finch behind him crying left me a teary mess. A great turnout from the Macksville community, a town I too am very familiar with as my father grew up there, they are all one big family and they are doing so well to stick together after the loss of their favourite son

Rest In Peace Hughesy, may you continue to play that sexual cut shot and breed the best cattle in Heaven

MFKS
04-12-2014, 09:08 AM
I dunno about any of you guys, but I teared up big time when Pup was giving his speech, absolutely heartbreaking. And the image of Phils dad absolutely shattered carrying his coffin out of the hall with Aaron Finch behind him crying left me a teary mess. A great turnout from the Macksville community, a town I too am very familiar with as my father grew up there, they are all one big family and they are doing so well to stick together after the loss of their favourite son

Rest In Peace Hughesy, may you continue to play that sexual cut shot and breed the best cattle in Heaven

I actually thought the whole thing was cringeworthy and the medias handling of it an absolute ****ing disgrace and the lowest thing in the world to be televising it.
Was almost like they wanted the reality TV aspect of it for ratings

Contrast the circus Hughes death and the death of Dylan Tombides earlier this year. Both promising Aussie sportsmen both cut down tragically through little fault of their own.

Tombidies barely got 1% of the publicity Hughes has and his death was at least treated with a degree of respect/acknowledgment from the press.

I am sure Hughes' family has had enough to deal with in the last week they didn't need the entire country viewing what should have been a private moment for them and Hughes friends/associates

GazFish35
04-12-2014, 10:01 AM
do you have an ulcer?

leftrightout
04-12-2014, 10:10 AM
Contrast the circus Hughes death and the death of Dylan Tombides earlier this year. Both promising Aussie sportsmen both cut down tragically through little fault of their own.

Tombidies barely got 1% of the publicity Hughes has and his death was at least treated with a degree of respect/acknowledgment from the press.

Are you for real? It is not a competition...
Those two terrible losses were hugely different circumstances.

The death of Phil Hughes just seemed to upset people more than normal, I certainly was one of them. I always find it tragic when i hear news like this, but for some reason this one just got me.
And to be able to stop for a moment and pay my respects, without having to go to Macksville, made me feel a lot better about it.

Grimario
04-12-2014, 10:28 AM
MFKS being a controversial wankstain in yet another thread. Go figure.

Jetmaster
04-12-2014, 10:28 AM
MKFS must be so much fun to live with !

The family were open to the funeral being televised and the national interest was there, that wasn't there for Dylan to be frank. Overall it was done quite well - personally I hate "cheesy" etc etc but thought this was done tastefully. Sure they showed lots of celebs, but that was because they didn't want too many closeups on the family and cutaway when appropriate.

No ads and the quiet music fitted in well.

On the other hand, once the Nine news journos got their turn later in the evening they were the exact opposite !!!

MFKS
04-12-2014, 11:45 AM
Are you for real? It is not a competition...
Those two terrible losses were hugely different circumstances.

The death of Phil Hughes just seemed to upset people more than normal, I certainly was one of them. I always find it tragic when i hear news like this, but for some reason this one just got me.
And to be able to stop for a moment and pay my respects, without having to go to Macksville, made me feel a lot better about it.

Why though does it upset people more than normal?? Death is a natural thing in life unfortunately. we will all suffer that fate one day

The majority of the population have never met the bloke and two weeks ago barely half of the country would have known who he was. Why is there this level of public emotion for a bloke people haven't met/known about at all?? Where does it come from?? Just because he has some degree of celebrity his passing should not be mourned by the public in a manner of hysteria.

To give the CEO of Cricket Australia Sutherland credit his handling of the situation has been pretty first class up until this. Shielding his players from the Media scrutiny and not dodging the hard times and fronting the press in the tough times.

Surprised he let the media when he would have the connections/pull to get it stopped anywhere near the funeral. Rather poor form to let the Australian Cricket players pain/suffering/privacy in a tough time for them to be exposed to the world and also allow Hughes whose interests he should be representing to have his funeral turned into a media circus.

As for the Hughes family agreeing to it.
Firstly they have had enough on their plate this past week their judgement on whether it was to be permitted to be filmed and broadcast to the public is straight away compromised.

Secondly they should never have been asked. The cockheads at the TV stations who sanctioned this are ****wits of the highest order and have used the tragic death of Hughes for their own interests at the expense of the privacy of the Hughes family and his friends and associates.

****ING SCUM

leftrightout
04-12-2014, 12:43 PM
Why though does it upset people more than normal??

No idea, i certainly am not a person who usually gets to emotional or caught up in sad news about celebrities/sports people etc. But this did just get me and I've spoken to numerous other and the amount tributes show many felt the same.

I am hardly shocked that you are hear bagging it all though... :banghead:

Buddha
04-12-2014, 02:01 PM
Compare the deaths, one by a freak accident and the other unfortunately due to the **** that is called cancer. Completely different, how many people do you think knew who Dylan Tombides was? Do you actually think before you post cum for brains?

weston
04-12-2014, 02:56 PM
We really do have to make mountains out of mole hills on this forum don't we.

leftrightout
04-12-2014, 04:02 PM
We really do have to make mountains out of mole hills on this forum don't we.

Isnt that why we are here?

MFKS
04-12-2014, 05:02 PM
Compare the deaths, one by a freak accident and the other unfortunately due to the **** that is called cancer. Completely different, how many people do you think knew who Dylan Tombides was? Do you actually think before you post cum for brains?

Firstly disagree with me all you like but leave the garbage insults out. The standards we have on the foz don't need to be lowered by poor remarks like you ended your post with.

Secondly if you take into account Tombidies situation before he had cancer he was a star of the future for Australian Football. Was on the fringes of making the grade in the EPL. Lets just say he never got cancer he most likely at this time has played EPL and made a bit of a name for himself doing so. He has most likely played for the Socceroos. Being how bad they are going at the moment he most likely would have went to Brazil for the WC.
Just remember this bloke was actually rated higher than Taggz was as a kid

As the Asian Cup is on soon he is most likely posied to be the bloke to make a name for himself and score a goal or two or three and earn himself nationwide fame like the Kewells/ Alosi's / Cahills etc have done before him and be the pinup boy of Australian Football for the next decade. From there who knows what the future would have held and what he would have achieved in his career

All of this was taken away from him and us as Football fans due to his illness and death.

Now contrast that to Hughes who although his death was sudden also lost the opportunity to play 100 odd tests for his country and earn nationwide and worldwide fame as a cricketer and be a large part o the backbone of the Australian side in the next decade

Really what is the difference??

You have two blokes cut down prematurely in the prime of their lives with the opportunities that were about to be there of achieving their dreams going in an instant in a twist of fate where they were taken from the earth much to young.

Now lets compare the media coverage of this. Chalk and cheese
Hughes will go down in the annals of history as some type of modern day hero thanks to the level of press coverage his story has received where as Tombides will be forgotten in no time whatsoever.

Now as far as this level of press coverage goes it is ridiculously over the top as the media scramble to use this story and suck every bit of life they can from it. The bloke was after all a cricketer on the periphery of the Australian side not an incumbent star but a potential future star. He hasn't cured cancer or walked on water

Now the media have hammered this story and driven the public interest in it to ridiculously high levels. The public thanks to the voyeuristic nature of modern society keep lapping it up. Can you give me one good reason as to why the funeral of Hughes needed to be broadcast on TV considering funerals really are a private personal matter for the friends/family of the deceased to reflect on the life and say their final goodbyes to the deceased.

Don't give me the bullshit excuse it is the public's interest because it isn't. The public would have got by quite fine without TV coverage of the event

The public may be interested in the death of Hughes but that is down solely to the level of media coverage they have lapped up thanks to the press shoving it at them from all angles and does not entitle the press to traipse all over the final act in the life of Phillip Hughes for ratings.

This story says a hell of a lot about us as human beings and our voyeuristic rubbernecking stickybeaking into the affairs of others that are quite frankly none of their business and the scandalous efforts of the press to impose themselves and the rest of the world on the privacy of others to provide "NEWS" particularly in matters they should actually have the moral decency to stay away from

parksey
04-12-2014, 06:36 PM
i have to agree that televising the guy's funeral was a bit tacky, i watched the first half hour or so and just felt awkward about it.

Blackmac79
04-12-2014, 07:27 PM
I don't get why people get worked up over other people dying.

I am a bit weird like that though.

Bremsstrahlung
04-12-2014, 08:11 PM
Both terrible terrible deaths and don't deserve the disrespect of being compared to whose was worse.

The televised funeral was absolute bullshit. That's a private moment for people close to him to say their farewells and celebrate his life, not for it to be turned into a circus. I could've handled and tolerated footage from a sole camera focussed on the front. But panning and cutting to players crying and their reactions to things was poor and very poor form.

I was debating why this tragedy has affected so many and has the whole media swirling around. And while I do not agree with the following, I think the media corporations would see it this way.
1. Cricket is considered one of the typically Aussie sports, (soccer is not)
2. The Incident had multiple witnesses, video footage or the exact moment the injury occurred.
3. I don't think media really knew the full story. I was at the gym and the headline was that he suffered a heart attack, and as new news kept breaking the story was getting worse, then there was the element of hope media could use, then the eventual tragedy caught most people off guard.
4. Cricketers tour all the states and major cities, so their profile is rather large.
All contributing factors.

But really, who cares. A top bloke lost his life doing what he loved. Don't let the animals in the media tarnish his memory.

belchardo
09-12-2014, 12:01 PM
oh FFS. no DRS AGAIN! unbelievable.

leftrightout
09-12-2014, 12:10 PM
Anyone know where you can listen online?

Grimario
09-12-2014, 12:10 PM
Anyone had any luck getting radio stream working? No app for me today, just via the CA website and it's a ****ing shambles. Neither ABC nor Fairfax do a ****ing thing.

Bon
09-12-2014, 12:11 PM

I haven't gone for a listening page yet, but I'm just getting the live updates from http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-india-2014-15/engine/match/754737.html

Grimario
09-12-2014, 12:11 PM

http://live.cricket.com.au/#/5008/1

But it doesn't work.

Grimario
09-12-2014, 12:23 PM
Succumbed and went back to the android app, listening via headphones instead of thru computer speakers. FFS.

Warner on a billion from 15 balls already.

q-money
09-12-2014, 12:33 PM
http://www.dicksmith.com.au/radios/sony-transistor-radio-dsau-a4760?CAWELAID=120146970000000923&catargetid=120146970000199620&cadevice=c&gclid=Cj0KEQiAtZWkBRC9ibSfhoKEyLYBEiQA5fDxkZPYZw9b F4W9nChJ7vdOynAiLKpp2rvFR4jl3I_gHu8aAqz28P8HAQ

absolutely bloody invaluable for this time of year

Bon
09-12-2014, 12:33 PM
Succumbed and went back to the android app, listening via headphones instead of thru computer speakers. FFS.

Warner on a billion from 15 balls already.

Yeah he looks to be going beserk out there..

Bon
09-12-2014, 12:34 PM
http://www.dicksmith.com.au/radios/sony-transistor-radio-dsau-a4760?CAWELAID=120146970000000923&catargetid=120146970000199620&cadevice=c&gclid=Cj0KEQiAtZWkBRC9ibSfhoKEyLYBEiQA5fDxkZPYZw9b F4W9nChJ7vdOynAiLKpp2rvFR4jl3I_gHu8aAqz28P8HAQ

$13?????
Man, I'm heading up to Greenhills now to pick one up with lunch..

MFKS
09-12-2014, 01:05 PM

How is the AM Component reception as I was thinking about picking one up to listen to Kearney/Dando on game day at Stade De Newy?? As all the other shit I have only has FM and by the time I reach the car the boys are usually finished/finishing up

Will I need to bring my own coathanger ??

q-money
09-12-2014, 01:10 PM
it's absolutely mint, don't worry about a coathanger

belchardo
09-12-2014, 09:52 PM
got to be the end of things for clarke.

Buddha
09-12-2014, 11:51 PM
Shame because he's one of the better captains we have had in ages

Bon
10-12-2014, 12:29 PM

Apparently not.. He is out there batting right now..

BodyNovo
10-12-2014, 12:50 PM
besides running slowly

he's batting fantastic.

au revoir
10-12-2014, 01:04 PM
besides running slowly

he's batting fantastic.

fvck running, let's see some dingers.

q-money
10-12-2014, 01:05 PM
oi has anyone got cricket world cup tickets?

MFKS
10-12-2014, 09:17 PM
Have to admit that Michael Clarke is a champion and the knock in this test shows what a champion the bloke is with all he has been through in the last 2weeks let alone the past 24hours with his back. :gent::thumbsup::sup:

Bremsstrahlung
10-12-2014, 09:25 PM
Have to admit that Michael Clarke is a champion and the knock in this test shows what a champion the bloke is with all he has been through in the last 2weeks let alone the past 24hours with his back. :gent::thumbsup::sup:

Brilliant knock. Steve Smith as well. What an effort these blokes are putting in.
I was a little surprised Clarke didn't do some kind of tribute...I know he is probably trying to move on, and he was obviously emotional when he got the 100, but i expected he would have had something planned.
Making it tough, 3 days to win the test now.... with 3 innings left.
Need to either declare or go out T20 style and try and get a total, we can enforce the follow on for.

plague
10-12-2014, 09:48 PM
I think you'll find India always thought their best chance was in Adelaide. Aussies just batting them out of the test and hopefully the series.

MFKS
10-12-2014, 09:56 PM
I think you'll find India always thought their best chance was in Adelaide. Aussies just batting them out of the test and hopefully the series.

They had no chance before Adelaide anyway. There batsmen will struggle with the bounce on aussie wickets. Even their great batsmen in recent years struggled in Australia bar the occasional class knock

plague
10-12-2014, 10:17 PM
They had no chance before Adelaide anyway. There batsmen will struggle with the bounce on aussie wickets. Even their great batsmen in recent years struggled in Australia bar the occasional class knock
Please be quiet then go back and read the stats from 2003-04.
Tendulkar, Sehwag and Laxman had the 'occasional class knock' for 3 ****ern months.
Their only win was Adelaide.

MFKS
10-12-2014, 10:32 PM
Please be quiet then go back and read the stats from 2003-04.
Tendulkar, Sehwag and Laxman had the 'occasional class knock' for 3 ****ern months.
Their only win was Adelaide.
Yeah no Warne No McGrath

Still never looked like beating us though

plague
10-12-2014, 10:38 PM
Yeah no Warne No McGrath

Still never looked like beating us though
Aussies hung on 6 down at the SCG in the last test to salvage a drawn series.
No Warne and McGrath this time around either.

MFKS
10-12-2014, 10:48 PM
Aussies were 6 down for 300something. Hardly hanging on

Indians showed no ambition to win game and made 700 and cost themselves any hope in the game by not declaring 3 hours earlier than they did

plague
10-12-2014, 11:19 PM
Aussies were 6 down for 300something. Hardly hanging on

Indians showed no ambition to win game and made 700 and cost themselves any hope in the game by not declaring 3 hours earlier than they did

That's because they already held the trophy you pelican. Aussies needed to win the test to get the trophy back and didn't. India controlled the series from the start.
We're doing that thing again where you keep making silly noises and I correct you. Ok I think it's your turn again go.
Unless of course our man Northern Swan turns up and single handedly destroys the Indians chances like he did to the Poms last year.
Then we can both have a giggle together.

Jetmaster
10-12-2014, 11:22 PM

Great find...will get me one at Green Hills myself tomoz.

Stuff this "can't get me a stream" crap - nothing beats a tranny :rof::rof::rof:

northern_swan
10-12-2014, 11:48 PM
That's because they already held the trophy you pelican. Aussies needed to win the test to get the trophy back and didn't. India controlled the series from the start.
We're doing that thing again where you keep making silly noises and I correct you. Ok I think it's your turn again go.
Unless of course our man Northern Swan turns up and single handedly destroys the Indians chances like he did to the Poms last year.
Then we can both have a giggle together.

What did I do?

plague
11-12-2014, 12:00 AM
What did I do?
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
Post of the year (I give out that award about 3 times a day tho).
WB mate.

parksey
11-12-2014, 01:06 AM

good call

plague
11-12-2014, 12:12 PM
Ryan Harris tho.
can bowl.

belchardo
13-12-2014, 03:31 PM
good call

Just swung strongly back to "end of it all"

q-money
13-12-2014, 07:32 PM
excellent match

how good was kohli today? haven't seen a better last day dig in a long time

hawk
13-12-2014, 09:51 PM
That was fantastic. Test cricket is the nuts, every other format is a training run.

GazFish35
13-12-2014, 09:56 PM
That was fantastic. Test cricket is the nuts, every other format is a training run.

Never a truer post posted.

northern_swan
13-12-2014, 11:34 PM
excellent match

I actually thought the Aussies were done at tea. Pretty amazing that after 4 and 2/3 days of cricket that all 3 possible results were still in play.

Bremsstrahlung
14-12-2014, 01:22 AM
Test cricket > t20 > ODI.
brilliant work by Lyon.

Clarke admits could've been his last game of cricket.

q-money
14-12-2014, 06:54 AM
how can you put t20 in front of ODIs? its trash

Buddha
14-12-2014, 08:35 AM
excellent match

How's old vijays form, 99 and goes back onto his stumps and completely misses it. Although it wasn't as good as him shouldering arms to the exact same delivery.

Does Erasmus have arthritis in his or something? Umpires like a 3rd grade club player, "no LBWs today lads"

plague
14-12-2014, 07:57 PM
excellent match

blokes a star. great to watch.
enjoyed him giving the Aussies the large ones as well.
I've been enjoying Rahul Dravids on the ABC wireless. loved watching him bat.
seems like a thoroughly decent fella.

Grimario
15-12-2014, 10:49 AM
Bunch of places saying Smith is set to be announced as captain today.

Can't imagine that's a good indication for Clarke's future. Reckon he might announce his retirement too.

MFKS
15-12-2014, 11:27 AM
Bunch of places saying Smith is set to be announced as captain today.

Can't imagine that's a good indication for Clarke's future. Reckon he might announce his retirement too.

Most likely for the rest of this series for Smith. Reckon its a great decision to go with him as opposed a bloke like Haddin/ Watson who are only stop gap. Better to go the long term option and give him a taste of it now than throwing him in the deep end in a couple of years time and actually fast track his preparedness for the gig FT

Clarke will be right soon enough anyway from his hammy issue. So its a bit premature to say he is retiring.

Might even see him take an extended break from play for treatment /surgery to sort his issue out properly. Your a long time retired and the blokes reflexes etc are at a level he should still have another 5 years of test level in him. Even if he site it our 6 months/year plenty of cricket left for him. Surely their is something that can be done somewhere in the world to sort his issue out. It ain't like he has a spinal cord severance or something that your ****ed with

Grimario
15-12-2014, 11:29 AM
Clarke will be right soon enough anyway from his hammy issue. So its a bit premature to say he is retiring.

Might even see him take an extended break from play for treatment /surgery to sort his issue out properly. Your a long time retired and the blokes reflexes etc are at a level he should still have another 5 years of test level in him. Even if he site it our 6 months/year plenty of cricket left for him. Surely their is something that can be done somewhere in the world to sort his issue out. It ain't like he has a spinal cord severance or something that your ****ed with

Torn right hamstring, niggling left hamstring issues, back issues... I reckon he might call it quits.

belchardo
15-12-2014, 02:04 PM
i reckon he should be dropped. honestly, it's not even certain he can last a T20, how can he possibly be picked again for a test?

MFKS
15-12-2014, 03:20 PM
Torn right hamstring, niggling left hamstring issues, back issues... I reckon he might call it quits.

Injury may well be a good excuse to pack it in. Will though come down to hunger to keep playing and what not. He can work through his issues to get another few years from the game if he wants

Big Issue will be the Phil Hughes situation and the emotional burdens with that.

Now he ain't playing/getting through the funeral et and sits around his house out of the public eye the whole shit might come crashing down and he just decides he wants to do something else NOW

Jeterpool
15-12-2014, 03:28 PM
He retires he'll get picked up by Channel 9. He speaks very well.

Grimario
15-12-2014, 03:54 PM
He retires he'll get picked up by Channel 9. He speaks very well.

He speaks far too well to be stuck in the box with some of the muppets that are there.

Jeterpool
15-12-2014, 04:09 PM
He speaks far too well to be stuck in the box with some of the muppets that are there.

I hope he can take over from Mark Nicholas. He shits me to tears

The Dunster
15-12-2014, 04:48 PM
I hope he can take over from Mark Nicholas. He shits me to tears

+ 1

The blokes an idiot. How did he even get the gig ?

belchardo
15-12-2014, 05:02 PM
How did he even get the gig? The blokes an idiot.

fixed that for you.

plague
15-12-2014, 05:06 PM
Give up on the way $7-$10m per he's earning?
Not bloody likely.
even with no hammys he's a gazelle compared to big Inzy and that bloke played forever.

belchardo
15-12-2014, 05:11 PM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-12-15/steve-smith-named-australia-next-test-captain/5967196?section=sport

Smith the new captain. good choice I reckon.

hawk
16-12-2014, 12:51 PM
I actually thought the Aussies were done at tea. Pretty amazing that after 4 and 2/3 days of cricket that all 3 possible results were still in play.

What I thought as well.

2nd test tomoz, carn

belchardo
16-12-2014, 06:54 PM
Haven't checked the forecast, but think they're predicting rain up there for every day of the test.

:(

hawk
16-12-2014, 08:18 PM
Haven't checked the forecast, but think they're predicting rain up there for every day of the test.

:(

aaaaagh **** no

hawk
17-12-2014, 04:00 PM
I like the bowling style of Starc but I wish he'd get more wickets.

belchardo
17-12-2014, 06:56 PM
did the jets medical staff transfer to the aussie team? dropping like flies.

MFKS
17-12-2014, 08:07 PM
I like the bowling style of Starc but I wish he'd get more wickets.

One thing Mitchell Johnson has going for him all his career that even when he bowls shit he picks up wickets. Has a degree of being arsey in that respect. Other blokes ain't as lucky. Siddle at times bowls magnificently and gets 1 for 50 Mitch bowls shit and gets 4 for 80

No justice some times

goaliepersempre
18-12-2014, 03:26 AM
thats cricket at times :/

Buddha
18-12-2014, 03:07 PM
One thing Mitchell Johnson has going for him all his career that even when he bowls shit he picks up wickets. Has a degree of being arsey in that respect. Other blokes ain't as lucky. Siddle at times bowls magnificently and gets 1 for 50 Mitch bowls shit and gets 4 for 80

No justice some times
Shit gets wickets mate

hawk
18-12-2014, 03:51 PM
prediction: A draw or

Ind 408 current
Aus 289
Ind 6/231 dec
Aus 258

plague
19-12-2014, 12:07 AM
Hazelwood bowled good today. His full length stuff was pretty unplayable.
As for Warnie giving Starc the large ones, the young fast bowler should be so honoured the great man has even noticed him.
Pick your game up Starc farkern.

plague
19-12-2014, 12:08 AM
Non related but KP in the big bash. I'll have it 7 days a week. Blokes a ledge.

Buddha
19-12-2014, 01:47 AM
Hazlewood reminds me of Pigeon, hits that same line and length that pisses you right off and grabs the edge, same height, same speed and both country cowboys.

Now that I say this I have inevitably put the mockers on him.

Smith producing a captains knock, Shaun Marsh continuing to frustrate with his lack of ability to push on.

Everybody calling for Rodgers to go but **** me I'd be getting rid of Watto first, I haven't seen a Test Cricketer play for so long despite being constantly good at getting 20-35 runs and nothing else, worst conversation rate ever, he must have Lee Furlong under the desk of the selectors playing smiles.

Also the Big Show Glenn Maxwell in the BBL? You mean the no show, another rubbish cricketer stealing a living.

plague
19-12-2014, 10:49 AM
Everybody calling for Rodgers to go but **** me I'd be getting rid of Watto first, I haven't seen a Test Cricketer play for so long despite being constantly good at getting 20-35 runs and nothing else, worst conversation rate ever,

Worst part is now hes bowling quite well again, so hes probably needed in the team. Still though, not a top 4 bat by any measure.
as for Marsh geez louise hes frustrating. watched him in a one dayer last year and the bloke looked invincible. how he ever gets out is beyond me.
might be a case of the Matthew Haydens, once he gets his head right he might really kick on.

maxwell is a sideshow. no place for him in the real stuff.

hawk
19-12-2014, 03:08 PM
prediction: A draw or

Ind 408 current
Aus 289
Ind 6/231 dec
Aus 258

Shouldnt even try to temp test match fate. :(

Everybody calling for Rodgers to go but **** me I'd be getting rid of Watto first, I haven't seen a Test Cricketer play for so long despite being constantly good at getting 20-35 runs and nothing else
this.

he always seems to let me down.

Has 22 50's (not bad) and 4 100's (shIte). bowling is so so. He is a number 6 at best. he's 34 next year.

Its all over mate.

plague
27-12-2014, 01:12 AM
Burns out.

Buddha
27-12-2014, 11:48 PM
I thought it was pretty selfish from Smith, run the singles, back you tail Enders, they showed they can wield the bat when needed. He will remember this moment should he never get a double hundred

plague
28-12-2014, 12:18 AM
by the way, how good is McCullam going?
Kiwis sneaky chance at the World Cup if he fires.
seems a decent chap too.

q-money
28-12-2014, 09:44 AM
nz have had an excellent run of late thanks to mccullum's captaincy, drawing the test series and winning the ODIs over pakistan

they have some handy players coming through now as well, such a difference from 3 or 4 years ago

boult & southee will be dangerous if they get the ball moving like they did against sri lanka yesterday, a very interesting pair of bowlers

worth a punt for the later stages

q-money
28-12-2014, 10:42 PM
glenn maxwell looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQUqjFQH-jg

loooooooooooool

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

this bloke is the biggest myth in world cricket

GazFish35
28-12-2014, 10:50 PM
That's how Per Mertesacker plays cricket.

MFKS
29-12-2014, 12:29 AM
glenn maxwell looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQUqjFQH-jg

loooooooooooool

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

this bloke is the biggest myth in world cricket

**** me.

If the Jets played cricket we would do that.

Totally agree about Maxwell. The hype is ridiculous.

Same thing with Warner when he burst on the scene in the T20 years back. Bloke done nothing for 2-3 years after that but still had the expectation on him.

Buddha
29-12-2014, 02:15 AM
The big show is a ****ing no show, even when finch and Warner are out of form, they put the trick shots away and play more orthodox shots and grind out runs, this plonker wouldn't get a run in E Grade at Raymo, most selfish batter in the world, enormous talent, big head.

And somehow he has played in test matches....
Comes in when the team need to build an innings and scrape some runs out, then does a Pup Clarke in 07 World Cup in the first ****ing over, I hope they drop him and put some plonker in so he wakes the **** up

plague
29-12-2014, 09:53 AM
Looked like Biraz against the Gypos last year.
Maxwell prob not fazed either.

belchardo
29-12-2014, 03:29 PM
Looked like Biraz against the Gypos last year.
Maxwell prob not fazed either.

He didn't even dive :sigh:

plague
29-12-2014, 04:33 PM
Needs to be reposted but geez how good is Kohli going?
Joy to watch. Both teams have turned it on.
Love the fact he gives the Aussies the big ones as well.
Johnson was a punk ass bitch for throwing the ball at his back. Not cool.

I had tix for this Sunday in Sydney but since it got moved I can't make the rescheduled day.
Bugger.
Would have been epic.
Anything to do in Sydney on a Sunday lads? I've got time on my hands it seems.

MFKS
29-12-2014, 05:01 PM
Needs to be reposted but geez how good is Kohli going?
Joy to watch. Both teams have turned it on.
Love the fact he gives the Aussies the big ones as well.
Johnson was a punk ass bitch for throwing the ball at his back. Not cool.

I had tix for this Sunday in Sydney but since it got moved I can't make the rescheduled day.
Bugger.
Would have been epic.
Anything to do in Sydney on a Sunday lads? I've got time on my hands it seems.

Totally agree about Kohli.

Watching him live yesterday bat was a ****ing joy. The bloke is class and makes it look easy.

That being said the bloke is a complete tosser and carries on like a pork chop.

In the field the other day he spent the entire game hamming it up to the crowd like he was Hulk Hogan and then after missing a return to the keeper by a good 20 yards claims the it slipped angle.
Complete twat

Berisha like
Great Player Absolute **** though

That being said if he was an Aussie we would endorse this bloke something shocking :roflz:

Buddha
29-12-2014, 06:33 PM
Has my vote for player of the series so far

plague
29-12-2014, 09:24 PM

Probably not Oz enough or white enough to win it from the CH9 team tho.

MFKS
29-12-2014, 09:41 PM

Still have Smith in front.

3 hundreds and a fifty are no sneezing matter either and being he has been on the winning side his runs have proven crucial at setting up his sides chance for Victory

Buddha
29-12-2014, 10:47 PM
Still have Smith in front.

3 hundreds and a fifty are no sneezing matter either and being he has been on the winning side his runs have proven crucial at setting up his sides chance for Victory

Two hundreds in Adelaide, 1 here, maybe one next innings? Looked brilliant every time he has batted, if it wasn't for his incompetent batters underneath him India would have been much better poised to win games. Like Smith

Plus his girlfriend is alright on the eye too. TBH I don't know what's more better looking, his stroke play or her, I bet her stroke play would be pretty good as well

MFKS
29-12-2014, 11:00 PM
Two hundreds in Adelaide, 1 here, maybe one next innings? Looked brilliant every time he has batted, if it wasn't for his incompetent batters underneath him India would have been much better poised to win games. Like Smith

Plus his girlfriend is alright on the eye too. TBH I don't know what's more better looking, his stroke play or her, I bet her stroke play would be pretty good as well

Biggest issue is not India's batting. It is the lack of intelligence for Test Cricket in their side.

The other day at the ground you can see how poor their captain is.

Mitchell Johnson comes out to bat and they spread the field to all parts when he is 0 and 1 not out. FFS If he wants to play the big shot on that score let him and put the field in positions to actually get him out.

At one stage Haddin was copping the leg side bodyline tactics. Got a single and Smith was on strike yet keeps the same field?? Not only did he do that once but several times. Why??

India just don't quite have it between the ears to win test cricket series V Australia.

The teams are actually quite even yet India's Cricket IQ has cost them big time

Buddha
30-12-2014, 03:10 AM
Biggest issue is not India's batting. It is the lack of intelligence for Test Cricket in their side.

The other day at the ground you can see how poor their captain is.

Mitchell Johnson comes out to bat and they spread the field to all parts when he is 0 and 1 not out. FFS If he wants to play the big shot on that score let him and put the field in positions to actually get him out.

At one stage Haddin was copping the leg side bodyline tactics. Got a single and Smith was on strike yet keeps the same field?? Not only did he do that once but several times. Why??

India just don't quite have it between the ears to win test cricket series V Australia.

The teams are actually quite even yet India's Cricket IQ has cost them big time
Dhoni is the problem, Kohli as captain is much much better and loves to have a go.

MFKS
30-12-2014, 03:19 PM
Not that impressed with Smiths captaincy this morning. Regardless of the result of the game the decision to declare when he did was far too defensive.

India would be doing exceptionally well to have got the 326 on the last day they would have required at stumps

Batting for near on a session with the intent to allow a player a personal achievement possibility at the expense of the team winning was not what I want to see from the future Aussie captain.

I seriously doubt Clarke would have been so defensive and this is a classic example of why when Clarke is fit again he is straight back in as captain.

Smith needs to learn the ropes a bit more

Bremsstrahlung
30-12-2014, 03:29 PM
Agree to an extent.
Should've declared or told marsh to get a hurry on. Made India field for a few overs then have a quick turn around to bat.

However, Australia will not lose this test and will win the series today.

Grimario
30-12-2014, 03:48 PM
Yeah, we win the series unless we lose today (and that's not going to happen) and the bowlers only have to bowl for two sessions instead of three with a short turn around to SCG test. Really not sure what the drama is, even less so if we win today.

MFKS
30-12-2014, 04:16 PM
Sydney test starts 6January so plenty of time to rest and recover.

You don't play the game to win trophies you play to win tests.

The theory should always be how can we win today not how we can claim a trophy by making sure we don't lose

The highest score chasing last at the MCG to win is 332

No other side has chased 300 and won

History says India would not have won at stumps at end of day 4

Bremsstrahlung
30-12-2014, 04:36 PM
If he declares yesterday, he's "silly" for giving India a sniff. If India manage to win, he's even sillier. If India win the 4th, it was stupid.
I'd rather my record reads 1-1-0 than 1-0-1.
Kohli the **** is coming off ~170, Rahane is coming off ~150. There's 320. Smith has removed the worst outcome from the equation.

In other news, glad to Haddin dishing it out to Kohli. :chant:

hawk
30-12-2014, 09:19 PM
2-1-0 in a 4 series is a winning record. yewww

Buddha
30-12-2014, 09:29 PM
Dhoni has done the Indian team a favour and retired from test cricket

MFKS
30-12-2014, 09:46 PM
If he declares yesterday, he's "silly" for giving India a sniff. If India manage to win, he's even sillier. If India win the 4th, it was stupid.
I'd rather my record reads 1-1-0 than 1-0-1.
Kohli the **** is coming off ~170, Rahane is coming off ~150. There's 320. Smith has removed the worst outcome from the equation.

In other news, glad to Haddin dishing it out to Kohli. :chant:

Giving them a sniff is actually needed if you are setting them a declaration where time is limited to bowl them out.You actually want them playing shots chasing the win. Reality is 130 years of test cricket history said India would not chase down 326 and so it proved. Give them another 30 overs and they still wouldn't have got there and Australians most likely have bowled them out.

Gutless captaincy from Smith and I hope he learns a big lesson about being positive and backing his players to win

plague
30-12-2014, 10:14 PM
Gutless captaincy from Smith and I hope he learns a big lesson about being positive and backing his players to win...........the series.

Job done.
Rock solid.

hawk
06-01-2015, 09:57 AM
Dhoni has done the Indian team a favour and retired from test cricket

only one of their best and stubborn batsman gone. awesome.

4th test today

leftrightout
06-01-2015, 12:08 PM
Indias team looks weak, they are going to punch well above their weight just to make this one a contest i think!

MFKS
06-01-2015, 12:13 PM
Indias team looks weak, they are going to punch well above their weight just to make this one a contest i think!

Not by the way that bloke in slips tried catching Rogers:roflz:

leftrightout
06-01-2015, 12:37 PM
You gotta love the way australia are just getting through the first hour and everything gets easier from there! hahaha 0-72 off 13!

BodyNovo
06-01-2015, 12:40 PM
sportsbet had $1.80 for more than 1.5 runs scored of first over.

davey warner in form, put $50 on it

easy money for me.

leftrightout
06-01-2015, 01:00 PM
sportsbet had $1.80 for more than 1.5 runs scored of first over.

davey warner in form, put $50 on it

easy money for me.

Thats ridiculous... wish i saw that!

plague
06-01-2015, 05:53 PM
Sydney test starts 6January so plenty of time to rest and recover.

The theory should always be how can we win today not how we can claim a trophy by making sure we don't lose

utter shite.

Smith explained that had India won the Aussies would be going to Sydney under the pump and with all the emotion of the occasion, Smith wasnt 100% sure how the players would handle it.
he played it safe and wrapped up the series. No pressure on the sydney test and here we are batting them into submission.

as for not playing for trophies thats silly even for you. you're the bloke mouthing off when you win the 5th test yet lose the series 4-1 arent you. Sledging a bloke who you just caught on the fence for 150.
theres a thing called the big picture you should try finding it every now and then.

now if you'll excuse me Watson has just passed 50 so hes bound to be out real soon. dont want to miss it.

MFKS
06-01-2015, 07:41 PM
utter shite.

Smith explained that had India won the Aussies would be going to Sydney under the pump and with all the emotion of the occasion, Smith wasnt 100% sure how the players would handle it.
he played it safe and wrapped up the series. No pressure on the sydney test and here we are batting them into submission.

as for not playing for trophies thats silly even for you. you're the bloke mouthing off when you win the 5th test yet lose the series 4-1 arent you. Sledging a bloke who you just caught on the fence for 150.
theres a thing called the big picture you should try finding it every now and then.

now if you'll excuse me Watson has just passed 50 so hes bound to be out real soon. dont want to miss it.

Smith covered his arse to cover his conservative approach.

Just looking at todays play on a belter of a wicket with Davie Warner in full flight the Aussies despite having everything go their way would have just got the 326 India required at stumps on day 4.

Now the chances of India getting those runs on a day 5 pitch are less than 1%. If they do manage to do it fair play to them.

Smith should not be worried at all about the consequences of losing at all when the odds are so stacked in his favour.

Should not even be in his thinking at all

Be a bit like Gombau setting out to play for a 0-0 draw against us in our next game by ordering his players not to pass it in our half and just play 90 mins of keep ball cause he is scared he might be embarrassed by being tactically outwitted by stubbins again.

You just have to have a go

hawk
07-01-2015, 12:18 AM
We playing on concrete?

Buddha
07-01-2015, 07:32 AM
**** it was hot out there....

belchardo
07-01-2015, 09:32 AM

I said to my wife with two overs to go "Watson's got past 50 and the commentators are talking him up for a big score. watch him get out on the second last ball of the day".

bastards dropped him. :facepalm:

Grimario
07-01-2015, 12:48 PM
And there it is. Pull shot from outside off. Just so ****ing dumb.

belchardo
07-01-2015, 01:01 PM
watto! I feel like I should put money on him for the next innings.

kept on thinking of this article yesterday http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/01/03/dont-need-runs-wickets-australian-cricketer/

plague
07-01-2015, 03:58 PM
Watson, massive chance to get 80 odd and still be the lowest scoring top order bat.
Only Watson can achieve these things.

Jetmaster
07-01-2015, 03:58 PM

Ensuring the series is won comes first - instant gratification is what is killing cricket. Shorter boundaries, bigger bats, playing slogfest all day (including reverse sweeps!) isn't test cricket, it's extended 20/20. What's wrong with the odd draw in the scheme of things. If Australia win the series 2-0 they have done the job. Hope they bat through to 800 and rub the curry munchers faces in it !

The English way was always to ensure the game and series can't be lost, and then if a break comes so will the win.

belchardo
07-01-2015, 04:03 PM
Shorter boundaries

the location of the boundary rope is ridiculous in this test. why don't they put it just off the pitch?

plague
07-01-2015, 04:41 PM
Watson, massive chance to get 80 odd and still be the lowest scoring top order bat.
Only Watson can achieve these things.
Bahhhhhh Godamnit Marsh!!!!!!

Bremsstrahlung
07-01-2015, 11:22 PM
Should've declared at 200 to make the game interesting. Captain boring.

hawk
09-01-2015, 11:51 AM
Arg just got out

plague
09-01-2015, 06:05 PM
Can't wait til the next time Rogers gets out for nothing and everyone's back to going "gahhhhh he's shit".
Getting no love ATM.

MFKS
09-01-2015, 06:12 PM
Where's the Drs you ****s

plague
09-01-2015, 08:31 PM
dear gosh the Member is going to have a restless night wondering if Smith is going to declare.
FWIW id be really happy if he sent them straight in. dead rubber, let it rip lads.

plague
14-02-2015, 04:11 PM
Watson is going good enough to get a run at the Jets at the moment.
Useless shit.

northern_swan
14-02-2015, 04:40 PM
Black Caps looked tidy with the bat this morning

MFKS
14-02-2015, 09:53 PM
Watson is going good enough to get a run at the Jets at the moment.
Useless shit.

Yep Stubbins would get more runs batting for Australia than Watson does.

Big call I know but I am confident

MFKS
01-05-2015, 12:33 PM
Michael Clarke and David Warner would be offered $50 million contracts as part of a plan hatched by an Indian conglomerate to take on the cricket establishment in a plot that has been likened to Kerry Packer's creation of World Series Cricket nearly 40 years ago.

The Essel Group's owner, Indian billionaire Subhash Chandra, has confirmed ambitions to launch a cricket venture since Fairfax Media revealed last week the business giant had registered company names in Australia and other nations in an apparent bid to launch a rival world governing body and a rich, new global Twenty20 league.

They would need to flex their financial muscle in an extraordinary way to coax the world's leading and best-paid players away from their national boards but it has since emerged their plans included targeting Australian captain Clarke and opener Warner, among other stars. Sources say the plan devised was to lure Clarke and Warner into the rebel structure as priority acquisitions with 10-year contracts worth a staggering $50 million.

Essel's potential raid on cricketers has left the International Cricket Council and aligned bodies such as Cricket Australia on high alert about a pending split in the game, and Fairfax Media can reveal the Indian company is not the only entity which has entertained a challenge to the game's structure.

Former world players' union chief Tim May said on Thursday he had been sounded out by several other organisations about the feasibility of them entering the cricket market in a similar fashion, and pointed to disillusion with the recently restructured ICC financial model that heavily favoured India, Australia and England as a factor.

"There is a general dissatisfaction with the game's governance, how it's run and the inequity of the game's finances and there are other bodies around that would believe they can globalise the game of cricket in a more equitable fashion than the current administration," May said.

Cricket Australia's board will assemble in Melbourne on Friday. The meeting was scheduled before news of Essel's potential power play emerged but directors are expected to be briefed on an ICC investigation into the Essel project and discuss the matter at length.

What exactly Essel has in mind has not been confirmed by Chandra but sources say a global, franchise-based T20 tournament, encompassing established cricket countries as well as new territories such as the United States and China, has been the centrepiece of their plans. The London Telegraph reported this week that a website domain, globalt20.com, was registered by Essel in April and among 249 domains registered around countries that could be tied to a new governing body. One source said Essel, which owns the broadcaster Zee TV and its subsidiary Ten Sports, also planned to maintain longer-form cricket between major countries if the project got off the ground, as well as a Rest of the World team made up of players from other nations. Several billion dollars are said to have been made available to pull it off.

It's yet to be seen how tempting potential offers for the likes of Clarke and Warner would be. Clarke earned $4 million, including endorsements last year according to the Business Review Weekly Top 50 Sports Earners list and while at the age of 34 and on the finishing stretch in his international career a 10-year contract would appear nonsensical his signing would be a coup in itself. Warner, 28, pocketed $3.8 million last year, according to BRW.

Essel's track record in cricket is poor, having still failed to pay out $2m in wages to players including Australians from the shortlived Indian Cricket League it ran from 2007 to 2009. The ICL was also the subject of corruption admissions made by former New Zealand batsman Lou Vincent.

Whether CA will have to look at fortifying its player base in the face of potential approaches is a subject that may need addressing. Australia generally contracts its leading players on an annual basis - there are 19 including Clarke and Warner on the 2015/2016 list. However, as of Thursday they had not been sent their contracts and while they remain unsigned they are technically free agents when their existing contracts expire on June 30.

The founder of the Indian Premier League, Lalit Modi, and his associate Dean Kino, the ex-CA lawyer and formerly a key player in establishing the T20 Champions League, have been strongly linked to the Essel project. Modi admits he was approached about it but denies involvement, as does Kino.

US-based May, the former Australian spinner, is not surprised at the emergence of potential rivals to the ICC on the scene. "If the current administration really wants to protect the game they should look within to see how they can improve their own administration rather than blaming others who merely want to be competitive," he said.

"Any organisation that doesn't meet the highest standards, whether it's in corporate world or sporting world, if there are doubts about the integrity of thier leaders, if they're doubts about how they distribute finances, they're always going to be up for some sort of battle against someone who wants to do the right thing and that is probably what's happening in cricket at the moment."

Subhash Chandra, 64, is a billionaire media mogul who owns the Essel Group, which controls the TV network Zee Entertainment. The network reaches 730 million viewers in 169 countries.

Chandra is best known for setting up the Indian Cricket League in 2007, mainly because he was annoyed that Zee Entertainment was unable to secure the lucrative television rights to international and domestic cricket in India.

The league gained rebel status because it was not recognised by the International Cricket Council. It targeted older players, including Australians Jason Gillespie, Michael Kasprowicz and Damien Martyn, but instead of being a viable alternative to the Indian Premier League, the ICL crashed into a defunct tournament poisoned by match-fixing and reports of players being underpaid. Chandra is based in Mumbai and, according to Forbes, has a net worth of $3.9 billion, which puts him at number 21 on India's rich list. Among other investments he also owns a newspaper chain and theme parks.
Not Test cricket but would have a huge effect on it

hawk
01-05-2015, 10:02 PM
run by serpents but a good way for some to grab some dirty cash. death to the bcci

plague
13-05-2015, 03:34 PM
Is Gary van Egmond running the ECB now?
This Kevin Pietersen mess is a disc-race.

hawk
15-06-2015, 10:31 AM
What is the name of the trophy that Aus won against the WIndies? bahhahahahahah

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/brendon-julian-gaffe-sees-australia-given-sir-wank-forrell-trophy-20150614-ghnuy5.html

plague
15-06-2015, 12:15 PM
Attn Hawk:
So assuming they play Lyon in the first Ashes test and Harris is 100% fit.

Which 3 quicks you going with?

hawk
15-06-2015, 10:39 PM
Attn Hawk:
So assuming they play Lyon in the first Ashes test and Harris is 100% fit.

Which 3 quicks you going with?

stuffed if i know but.... those that can get some swing which the english pitches will do is a decent bet.

Maybe Johnson, Siddle, Starc, Patterson or Faulkner. Much prefer to analyse proceedings than predict. cant wait though

leftrightout
16-06-2015, 10:14 AM
I think they will go with Lyon, Harris, Johnson and Starc. Hazlewood to be really unlucky not to get a gig.

Saying that, do we think Harris will get through 5 tests? Hazlewood will come in for Harris when he needs it.

plague
16-06-2015, 11:03 AM
I think they will go with Lyon, Harris, Johnson and Starc. Hazlewood to be really unlucky not to get a gig.

Saying that, do we think Harris will get through 5 tests? Hazlewood will come in for Harris when he needs it.

Yeah the media seem to be pointing that way but starting Harris cold in 1st test after major surgery seems daft.

Esp when Starc and Hazelwood are the 2 best in the team at the moment. Johnson will start on rep alone.

Personally I'd **** Watson off and play all 4 as well as Lyon. Those lads can hit a ball. Lyon is our only rubbish bat.

leftrightout
16-06-2015, 02:16 PM
Yeah the media seem to be pointing that way but starting Harris cold in 1st test after major surgery seems daft.

Esp when Starc and Hazelwood are the 2 best in the team at the moment. Johnson will start on rep alone.

Personally I'd **** Watson off and play all 4 as well as Lyon. Those lads can hit a ball. Lyon is our only rubbish bat.

Yeah that's a pretty decent call, i wouldn't mind seeing that. Starc and Johnson consistently out score Watson anyway.

MFKS
16-06-2015, 05:00 PM

Slight issue take Smith out our batting is a bit iffy.
Clarke will obviously get runs at some stage. Warner is overdue

But as for the rest???

Haddin is doing **** all lately with the bat.
Rogers Voges Marsh are not exactly guaranteed selections either.

Big call to play 5 bowlers.

Usually the decision to play 5 bowlers is to give some depth to the attack as you are thinking it will be a hard slog to bowl the opposition out.

I am not overtly worried about getting the English out. We have the firepower to do that with 4 bowlers. Its getting runs that will decide whether we win or lose.
Last 3 Ashes in the UK our batsman have underwhelmed.

As for the bowling. Tough call but Starc sits out for mine. Unlucky yes

Hazelwood will be a star in those conditions with his height lines and length just as McGrath excelled there. Mitch and Harris have to be picked for obvious reasons.

q-money
16-06-2015, 05:39 PM
england defo coming in with the better preparation playing NZ - probably the most aggressive side out there other than straya

this england is not the one we saw at the world cup imo, will be an excellent series, looking forward to it

plague
16-06-2015, 05:58 PM
Rogers Voges Marsh are not exactly guaranteed selections either.

Big call to play 5 bowlers.

The main reason Watson has stayed in the team last 12 months was that he provides relief from one end to balance the attack.

I'm saying pick Starc to do the same job not like Watson is any better with the bat.

Also, Rogers Voges and Marsh are all in good enough nick. Plenty of runs lately.

Agree with Q tho NZ gave them a good workout. Kiwis still far too nice though, Johnson is going to be aiming for skulls.

plague
16-06-2015, 06:00 PM
Also Poms biggest strength last few series at home was stacking the team with lefties to negate our bowlers.

Might not have the same luxury now.

plague
16-06-2015, 06:01 PM
But yeah I know they won't play 4 quicks but Watson is trash so I just wanted to bag him.

**** Watson.

q-money
16-06-2015, 06:06 PM
:rof: remember when watto scored like 50 runs and they thought he was comin' back

nek minit same old watto :rof: :rof: :rof:

MFKS
16-06-2015, 06:27 PM
Also Poms biggest strength last few series at home was stacking the team with lefties to negate our bowlers.

Might not have the same luxury now.

Bell Pieterson Trott Prior Root are not left handed.

Other than Strauss and Cook we have only seen rabbits like Broad and Anderson bat left handed.

Where they have beaten us is at times our batting has just folded under pressure. We have just lost games where we have been skittled and lost clumps of wickets for no reason of note. A little bit of circumspect batting and grinding it out and we probably win at Durham and Trent Bridge last time around.

We basically snatched defeat from the jaws of victory a few times in the last 3 series in the UK

plague
16-06-2015, 09:00 PM
yeah you're right. for some reason i remembered england as having a stack of lefties.
now i don't know what to believe anymore........

{checks internet, confirms Griff scored the winner in the GF}

ok I'm good.

plague
16-06-2015, 09:00 PM
I've mentioned before the dangers of drugs right??????

belchardo
08-07-2015, 10:06 AM
it's on (again). coverage from half 7 on GEM. big night of sport really isn't it!

predicting a drawn series, 2-2.

hawk
08-07-2015, 10:34 AM
Carn straya. watch us go to water

leftrightout
08-07-2015, 12:16 PM
it's on (again). coverage from half 7 on GEM. big night of sport really isn't it!

I'm going to go 3-1 to us. They will be better than last time around and being over there helps but i still think we will get it done.
So much sport on at the moment but this is my favourite!

plague
08-07-2015, 12:29 PM

You should put money on that.
I bet a drawn series at 8/1 the other day.

Caaaaarrrrrrrnnnnnn

northern_swan
08-07-2015, 09:31 PM
Not a bad start. Ball hooping about a bit!

hawk
08-07-2015, 09:43 PM
2-1 poms. has to be washout/drawn games.

hawk
08-07-2015, 09:43 PM
bout time johnson. but keep the ball up round theirs ears ffs

belchardo
08-07-2015, 10:15 PM
2 for 42. Give it up now england! :lulz:

hawk
08-07-2015, 10:40 PM
fo root

Jetmaster
09-07-2015, 09:59 AM
Bowling was poor all round. To many loose deliveries and no build up of pressure at any stage.

This game is England's already as the pitch will deteriorate.

Grimario
09-07-2015, 10:13 AM
Bowling was poor all round. To many loose deliveries and no build up of pressure at any stage.

This game is England's already as the pitch will deteriorate.

If they bowl well. Last time in Cardiff they made 435 and we hit 670.

q-money
09-07-2015, 12:24 PM
what a honking pitch zzzz

Jetmaster
09-07-2015, 02:14 PM
what a honking pitch zzzz

I shudder to think what it will be like on the final day - we need a 150 lead to press for the win.

What worries me is that our batsmen like to go after the ball but this pitch won't let them - on the other hand it may play better tonight.

leftrightout
09-07-2015, 03:57 PM
What worries me is that our batsmen like to go after the ball but this pitch won't let them - on the other hand it may play better tonight.

I saw Joe Root going at the ball a fair bit...

I love how people (not you specifically you guys) judge a batting and bowling performance before both teams have had a bowl/bat.
You really cant gauge how good,bad or average England or we were until they bowl and we have a bat.

hawk
09-07-2015, 07:52 PM

I love how people (not you specifically you guys) judge a batting and bowling performance before both teams have had a bowl/bat.
You really cant gauge how good,bad or average England or we were until they bowl and we have a bat.

:rof: i seen the aussie falter many atime when chasing runs in eng.

At 3/42 and a serious chance dropped they should have been out for under 250. big chance missed.

belchardo
09-07-2015, 09:36 PM
looking pretty easy out there now.

belchardo
09-07-2015, 09:37 PM
although england getting some absolutely ridiculous luck!

Jetmaster
10-07-2015, 09:18 AM
Ok - so in the situation that happened so often last series. The bottom half of the order could add 2-300 runs with Haddin in the mix.

But they can't do it all the time.

Will be an interesting third day.

leftrightout
10-07-2015, 11:07 AM
Ok - so in the situation that happened so often last series. The bottom half of the order could add 2-300 runs with Haddin in the mix.

But they can't do it all the time.

Will be an interesting third day.

I know Lyon is in early but its a pretty good thing when you are bring starc in at 10.
I think the scores will be pretty even by end of 1st innings. England will set a big target and it will end in a draw.

Bon
10-07-2015, 11:31 AM
How was Cook copping one in the old chicken-nuggets..
Nasty stuff..

belchardo
10-07-2015, 12:38 PM
How was Cook copping one in the old chicken-nuggets..
Nasty stuff..

best thing i've seen on TV since hutcho cried.

Jetmaster
10-07-2015, 09:56 PM

Going according to plan so far....our bats all did the hard work then threw it away forcing the pace. Cant see us getting in front.

hawk
11-07-2015, 11:37 AM
Eng as predicted well on top. Depending on Watson for a score is ultimate farce. We arent the almighty as we talked up with both bowlers and bats getting done.

Only weather can save us.

belchardo
16-07-2015, 10:12 PM
Warner is a bloody idiot. 10 runs off 5 balls, then he goes after him again! Australia keep giving this guy wickets. So bloody dumb.

hawk
17-07-2015, 05:02 PM
pitch is a road so the poms can get a draw but that was well batted

plague
18-07-2015, 01:15 AM
Aussies throwing their wickets away.
Reverse sweeps etc, rubbish cricket.
Smith should hang his head in shame.
Disgrace to the nation.

The Dunster
18-07-2015, 11:01 AM
Aussies throwing their wickets away.
Reverse sweeps etc, rubbish cricket.
Smith should hang his head in shame.
Disgrace to the nation.

Smith was thinking about his team more so than his batting average. I have no problem with that.

He wanted to try and score quickly and this time it didn't pay off.

Admit the reverse sweep is an ugly shot but when you pull it off it sends a message to the bowler that you think they are a complete ****ing joke and you have no respect for them as cricketers.

plague
18-07-2015, 01:38 PM
Geez that was a fair nut Bell got.

Poor bastard has copped some stonkers these past few months.

plague
18-07-2015, 01:40 PM
Smith was thinking about his team more so than his batting average. I have no problem with that.

He wanted to try and score quickly and this time it didn't pay off.

Admit the reverse sweep is an ugly shot but when you pull it off it sends a message to the bowler that you think they are a complete ****ing joke and you have no respect for them as cricketers.

The more people start looking at the reverse sweep as a legitimate cricket shot the closer we get to some Mongs wanting Glenn Maxwell back in the team.

hawk
18-07-2015, 09:30 PM
The more people start looking at the reverse sweep as a legitimate cricket shot the closer we get to some Mongs wanting Glenn Maxwell back in the team.

yeah save it for the pyjama stuff. Smith did his job brilliantly and knew it was time to go. Nevill did well with the bat

plague
18-07-2015, 11:01 PM
Nevill did well with the bat

yeah thought he looked the part. nice debut.

don't mind if he keeps the job, sounds like Brad Haddin is gonna be busy with neighbourhood watch for a while anyway.

too soon?

hawk
19-07-2015, 08:51 PM
yeah thought he looked the part. nice debut.

don't mind if he keeps the job, sounds like Brad Haddin is gonna be busy with neighbourhood watch for a while anyway.

boom..... im mean yes

What the chance of bowling the poms out on this pitch...none? Yes it will change a little but enough, i dont know

belchardo
19-07-2015, 09:33 PM
What's happened to rogers?

plague
19-07-2015, 09:55 PM
Dizzy.

plague
20-07-2015, 03:04 AM
My word that 2nd inning bowling effort was quite something.
10 days til the next one.

Caaarrrnnnn

belchardo
20-07-2015, 08:47 AM
so was it really THAT good or do modern batsmen not know how to bat to save a match?

hawk
20-07-2015, 10:55 AM
sweet, surprised me

plague
20-07-2015, 02:26 PM
so was it really THAT good or do modern batsmen not know how to bat to save a match?

Trying to bat 5 sessions is near impossible these days. More than anything the 'threat' of turn and variable bounce can put thoughts in your head that don't need to be there. You are preparing for way more possibilities than you would on a 2nd or 3rd day pitch.

Cook hasn't played such a silly shot in ages. Ali got a dead set snorter. Stokes (?) was run out just plain not thinking.
Bell was playing for spin from Lyon (what a wally).
The rest just fell victim to real good bowling. Hazelwood at the end was superb fast full and straight to tail enders who were shitting themselves waiting for the one round thier chin.

Great performance.

Rogers worries me, best bat in the team not named Smith he will be missed if not fit.

Oh and I have him at $7 to be Aussies highest run scorer.

The Dunster
20-07-2015, 02:35 PM
Hazelwood at the end was superb fast full and straight to tail enders who were shitting themselves waiting for the one round thier chin.Great performance.

Hazelwood was my pick of the bowlers as well.

Bowlers like Hazelwood and McGrath in the past have always done extremely well at Lords.

When you add Starc and Johnson to the mix with their pace it's a lethal combination.

leftrightout
20-07-2015, 08:50 PM

Only 5 teams in history have batted 5 sessions to save a test... i don't think its necessarily a modern day thing!

belchardo
20-07-2015, 09:11 PM
But these guys didn't even bat for 2 sessions! How long did the aussies bat for in the last innings in the last test?

plague
20-07-2015, 09:33 PM
But these guys didn't even bat for 2 sessions! How long did the aussies bat for in the last innings in the last test?

70 overs (twice as long).

belchardo
29-07-2015, 04:35 PM
game on! (until the rain starts, then it's "game off!")

plague
29-07-2015, 05:03 PM
Sport can be cruel
cc: Brad Haddin

belchardo
29-07-2015, 10:01 PM
Great ball from finn to get clarke. Pretty crap batting though also.

seldom
29-07-2015, 10:05 PM
As soon as they said great toss to win I knew we were doomed

q-money
29-07-2015, 10:52 PM
took the draw at 3.60, reckon it's a goer

hawk
30-07-2015, 12:16 AM
we can lose this within 3. Thanks top order retards

q-money
30-07-2015, 12:32 AM
fkn jeeeeez pete nevill, lel

plague
30-07-2015, 09:42 AM
Just a reminder that your boy Plague got Rogers@$7 to be the top Aussie bat for the series.

Silver linings and all that.

belchardo
30-07-2015, 10:27 PM
There's a bit in this pitch isn't there! Two brilliant balls from Johnson.

Jetmaster
31-07-2015, 09:16 AM
Guess what the last two pitches will be like? England have realised that they have to take some short term pain from Johnson to knock Australia off cheaply in return.

Vale Ashes.

belchardo
31-07-2015, 09:22 AM
I think we're still in with a (very small) chance. if we can scrape to 120-140, then it gives us something to defend at least.

that said, the more I think about what they'd have to do, the less likely it seems. smashed in two and half days, pretty pathetic.

Nelson Bay Road
31-07-2015, 01:32 PM
clarke out

belchardo
31-07-2015, 02:13 PM
clarke out

he already is! :wink:

belchardo
31-07-2015, 10:16 PM
Tail enders showing the top order how it's done. Again.

belchardo
31-07-2015, 10:17 PM
Nice catch. Turd.

belchardo
31-07-2015, 10:46 PM
Good effort by the tail. Got a score big enough to worry about, 10 minute period to bat before lunch. Could be interesting but don't think it will be enough. Batting looked pretty easy today.

belchardo
31-07-2015, 11:50 PM
What a ball. Cop that cook.

Jetmaster
01-08-2015, 11:10 AM
On hindsight, Haddin, Watson and Clarke should have pulled the pin after the WC - looks like all have gone one series too far.

When is the next series - when we usually win 5-0?

hawk
02-08-2015, 12:05 PM
series just about done. not good enough to win 2 from 2

belchardo
02-08-2015, 04:45 PM
we weren't good enough to win 1 after the first yet we did. no anderson this time either. i'm still sticking with a 2-2 result. besides, we only need a draw to hold the ashes don't we?

belchardo
06-08-2015, 09:24 PM
Where's the pitch? All I see is green!

belchardo
06-08-2015, 09:30 PM
Don't let the door hit you on the way out voges.

What a bunch of chumps. :facepalm::blush:

belchardo
06-08-2015, 09:31 PM
Pretty bloody good catch though.

Bluebeard
06-08-2015, 09:32 PM
Where's the pitch? All I see is green!

The Aussie boys don’t know, not hanging around long enough to check it out

belchardo
06-08-2015, 09:41 PM
What a bunch of mongs. Do they have their eyes open?

Jetmaster
06-08-2015, 09:54 PM
Twenty20, short boundaries, huge bats, flat tracks, helmets.....all bringing home the deterioration of batting technique.

These types of pitches were common in England for years.

belchardo
06-08-2015, 10:05 PM
too many chumps in this team for me. i would have thought by now that the top order would have gotten sick of johnson making them look bad. still, i'm sure they're all smashing them in the nets.

belchardo
06-08-2015, 10:07 PM
Twenty20, short boundaries, huge bats, flat tracks, helmets.....all bringing home the deterioration of batting technique.

These types of pitches were common in England for years.

this is what i don't get. there is 30 odd years of video that these idiots could review, and dozens of batsmen they could talk to. it shouldn't be a surprise that you need to sit back and leave more than you play in england!

still, that catch by stokes. :cool:

belchardo
06-08-2015, 10:12 PM
may as well declare to get out there when the pitch still has some life in it.

belchardo
06-08-2015, 10:19 PM
just dropped the test match there. watch them come back now!

hawk
06-08-2015, 11:22 PM
So i was just about to turn it on. nope, the game didnt even happen

The Dunster
07-08-2015, 12:36 AM
Why the hell did Clarke Bat ? You could swing a tomato in those conditions.

q-money
07-08-2015, 12:38 AM
bruh, england won the toss

they put straya in

belchardo
07-08-2015, 08:06 AM
EPL starts this weekend, they'll all be distracted and won't have noticed the score.

lquiquer
07-08-2015, 11:24 AM
Is Stubbins coaching our cricket team?

leftrightout
07-08-2015, 12:01 PM
All they had to do was get through the first 20 overs and batting would have become a lot easier. Pitch is drying out quick, England will keep stacking on the runs tomorrow and bowl us out for 150 again. Wont get past day 3.

Grimario
07-08-2015, 03:39 PM
We really missed Watto out there. His 30 runs would have beaten Extras.

belchardo
08-08-2015, 10:03 PM
poms have got a drinking problem. on the turps before midday. bloody alcoholics.

Jeterpool
11-08-2015, 03:55 PM
Not sure why all the ex-players and Buchannan are on the attack to Michael Clarke and what it will achieve.

Finding it all a bit petty to be honest.

q-money
11-08-2015, 04:07 PM
he has played some absolutely ripping innings in his time, i think it's a bit harsh to go at him now

didn't greg chappell make about a million ducks in a row once?

plague
11-08-2015, 04:22 PM
Not sure why all the ex-players and Buchannan are on the attack to Michael Clarke and what it will achieve.

Finding it all a bit petty to be honest.

Funny part is they are all like 'yeah great bat no doubt but shitcunce of a bloke'.

Even though they were all happy for him to be a prick whist in their team and scoring runs covering their lame asses.

and Andrew Symonds of all people having a carry on.
Bloke was the Glenn Maxwell of his generation - and there is nothing complimentary in that.

Blimey.

belchardo
11-08-2015, 04:31 PM
they're all just pissed he doesn't fish. bet he can't even cook a bbq without throwing tofu on there as well.:facepalm:

leftrightout
11-08-2015, 04:31 PM
All they had to do was get through the first 20 overs and batting would have become a lot easier. Pitch is drying out quick, England will keep stacking on the runs tomorrow and bowl us out for 150 again. Wont get past day 3.

Wow i was pretty much bang on... that never happens!
Surely this means there are serious problems!

belchardo
20-08-2015, 05:27 PM
the end of the humiliation starts tonight.

plague
20-08-2015, 05:29 PM
the end of the humiliation starts tonight.

Not if you backed Rodgers to be highest Aussie run scorer @$7.

It's the start of a victory lap.

Caaaaaaarrrrrrrnnnnnnnn